Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this is because they can. They print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck, your official pregame show for the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers on this Sunday, April twelfth, twenty twenty six. Raining in southern California all morning long. The clouds are still here, but the rain is gone for now. Dodgers eleven and three on this season. After a comfort behind win on Friday ended with the walk off home run another comfort behind wind last night, the Dodgers go for the sweet today of the Texas Rangers.
Speaker 4: Roki Sasaki on the mound.
Speaker 6: First pitch from Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium is coming up at one ten. Between then and now, We got a lot to get to here on Morago Casino. Dodgers on deck coming up in twenty minutes. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Coming up in forty five minutes, you're gonna hear from Dodger reliever Jack Dryer. Had a little bit of a bumpy outing in Toronto on Wednesday in the series finale, but bounced back last night, striking out the side in the seventh. Inny, we'll dive deeper into today's pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we will head out to the gallopin Ford broadcast booth and check in with Tim Neffertt and Rick Monday. Well, last night, Immate Sheehan got the start and it was a rocky start, says he gave up a solo home run to the first batter that he faced, Brandon Nemo, second pitch of the game, solo home run to center, and just like that, the Rangers led one to nothing. Bottom of the first inning. Joey O'tadi said, hold my beer I got you two. He went deep, a home run to right three hundred and ninety feet that tied the game at one, and then the Dodgers got after Jack Lider still in the bottom of the first inning, too odd for Tao.
Speaker 2: One one, ty Oscar hits a high fly ball to left in deep, heading back on it as Duran he.
Speaker 7: Looks up at has got a home run.
Speaker 2: Tay Oscar Hernandez a three run shot that gives the Dodgers the lead.
Speaker 1: It is four to one Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: The third home run of the season for Teoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 7: He now has eleven runs bad.
Speaker 6: It is te Oscar Hernandez goes deep. He hit a three run home run as the Dodgers put a four spot up on the board on Jack Lighter in the bottom half of the first inning. Him and she and would get into cruise control the next few winnings. Toaskar, Hernandez grinded into a double play, but not before Will Smith scored to make it a five to one Dodgers lead. Brandon nemo at Immachine again. He homered it with a two run shot in the top half of the sixth off of Imachean. He'd give up three runs over six innings, four hit, struck out six, the damage all done by Brandon Nemo Dodgers of five to three when they turned it over to the bullpen. Jack Dryer struck out the side in the seventh, his first time doing so in the major leagues. Tanner Scott put up his zero in the top half of the eighth inning. In the bottom half of the eighth inning, the hottest hitter in baseball, Andy Paz.
Speaker 2: The pitch one two stroke to left. That's a base hit. Pay Oscar on the move. He's gonna get way up around by Diana Reebel. Here comes the throat of the plate, not in time, and tay Oscar scores standing up. It's an RBI base hit for Randy Pie and the Dodgers lead hit six to three.
Speaker 8: And Pie has just continues to get it done. And he had to stay with that. Pitch went down and went out and got it on the ball. It looked like was a change up, but the Pie has stayed right on top of it.
Speaker 6: Andy po has delivering with the top tier play of the game brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. Po Haz his RBI single. There his seventeenth RBI in now fourteen games. He leaves the major leagues in RBIs to start the season.
Speaker 4: Tanner Sky, as we mentioned, put.
Speaker 6: Up a zero in the eighth and ninth belong to Blake trying with Edwin Diaz down. He got two outs, but also had traffic on the base pass. Dave Roberts said, MP, I'm going to alex Psia on his thirtieth birthday to get the final out, and he struck out the only battery face for the save, his first save of the season, his thirteenth save of his career. Dodgers beat the Rangers last night six to three. Image Shean now two to zero to start this season. With the win, the Dodgers now eleven and three overall, and today they look to finish off the sweep of the Texas Rangers. Rokie Susaki on the mound, first pitch of one ten and with more we head out to the galpin Ford broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverard and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: It's an overcast Sunday afternoon at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Dodgers and Rangers ready to wrap up this three game interleague set. Dodgers looking for a three game sweep too. By the way, Roki Sasaki will be on the mound. He's zero and one with an ERA of seven after two starts. Jacob de Grom, the twenty fourteen National League Rookie of the Year, is on the mound now for Texas, no decisions in an ERA of three seventy two. Last night, Maul, they got it going. In the first inning. Otani hit his first leadoff home run of the season, his first extra base hit at Dodgers Stadium, and then ta Oscar Hernandez pretty much put it away with a three run home.
Speaker 8: Run the first something we haven't seen a whole lot of in baseball histories that both leadoff men hit home runs for the respective teams, and Nemo went deep in the second pitch thrown to him by Emitt Shean, and then Otani took in four pitches to hit the home run off of their started Jack Lighters so again and went back and forth and back and forth to Askar. Hernanez also a big three run home run in that opening frame, So the Dodgers came out to full strength with four runs in the first and never really look back. And as you mentioned, I mean this Dodger bulk club. Tim has done just about everything imaginable from a hitting standpoint. When you look at the batting average, you look at the number of home runs they've been we'll go. And then on top of it, I think the bullpen has really stood tall coming out and Dave Roberts has had the luxury spreading around the workload in that bullpen, which has worked out beautifully.
Speaker 2: They spread it around. Last night, Edwin Diaz did not come out and try to close the game after blowing us say, picking up the win the night before in.
Speaker 7: The series opener.
Speaker 2: He was asked today, is there anything physical going on because his velocity has been down. He said, no, he feels fine, and that usually in the first month of the season, as velocity is down anyway, when you look at the numbers, that kind of bears out. As the season goes along, he picks it up.
Speaker 8: I've always been mystified by that, is that there's a start date to the season and when is that start date?
Speaker 7: Well, way, few weeks and we'll be able to do it.
Speaker 8: If you have a history of it takes you a while to get going and why not start a little bit earlier, but just one of the strange things that seems to happen. Also the case with a lot of hitters. They say, hey, look, normally they get off to very slow starts.
Speaker 2: You mentioned some categories earlier home runs, batting average. The Dodgers lead Major League Baseball in both right now as a team twenty seven home runs team batting average two ninety eight runs per game, also number one in Major League Baseball six point four runs per game so far. When you look at the Rangers, they have been run challenged. They have scored three or fewer runs in eight of their last nine game.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I came across the number about an hour and a half ago. That kind of surprised me. Okay, the Dodgers scored in the first inning last night. That's a big deal and it helps, there's no question about that. If we look back the last couple of years scoring in the first inning, the Dodgers are forty five wins and eleven losses. That's an eight ZHO four winning percentage. That didn't surprise me. What did surprise me, is it that second best? Who's the best team scoring in the first inning? Chicago Cubs have a slightly higher winning percentage than that area, So yeah, but it does help to get on the board and not wait till the seventh, eighth, or ninth, which quite frankly, that's what we saw a lot of in spring training.
Speaker 7: Dodgers scoring late.
Speaker 2: Teoscar Hernandez and Will Smith getting the day off, Dalton rushing behind the plate. Alex call Will be in left field. Rest of the lineup from last night in there, with Andy Paez moving up to the third spot in the batting order. Dodger's best record in Major League Baseball through this early portion of the season eleven and three the Rangers seven and seven.
Speaker 6: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we got you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, what are you doing it for lunch? How about a game day meal from our friends at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojos?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 6: Shakys dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vatsay he goes one on one with Jack Dryer, But up next we get your Tani ree and we visit with sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson. That is all coming up before first pitch as we lead job to Dodgers and the Rangers.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 6: Next you being with us, I'm Tim Kason, the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 1: On your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Cleaning up to Dodgers and the Texas Rangers. Rookie Sasaki, Jacin de Grom the pitching mash up in this series finale.
Speaker 4: First pitch at one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 2: Rewhy winding the two to one pitch and Otani swings.
Speaker 7: Hits a drive deep to right field.
Speaker 4: This ball is gone.
Speaker 2: Otani ties it up with one mighty swing in the bottom of the first home run number four for shure Hey Ol'tani. It's his first extravase hit a dit Drew.
Speaker 7: Stadium this year.
Speaker 2: One two well chopper swinging bunt to the right side. Lighter will field it, he will not field it cleaner. And Otani is a board. He picked it up and dropped a good lighter and Otane with his second hit of the ball game.
Speaker 6: Show Hey Otani too for full with the home run extended is on Bay Street to forty five games. With that home run in the first inning, he has the fifth longest on bastreak in Dodger history, two games behind Ron Say, who has got forty seven straight games for fourth place. He also smacked his twenty fifth leadoff home run, which ties him for thirty third all time with Hanley Ramirez, Matt Carpenter, Andrew McCutcheon, and Brian Downy.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: And Karson Now joins us from the stadium on this Sunday, brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now Carsfrokids dot Org. That's Cars with a K. Hey, Dodger's going for the sweep. The rain is going away. That's the good news. In Roki Sasaki man, it'd be nicely got a piggyback what Imma Sheian did last night.
Speaker 10: Kirsten, exactly when you look at just how the both of those guys have started the season, you know, have the en't fully been right When it came to Emmachi and he was working through a few mechanical things, he found that he was being a little too rotational on the mound and so he was flying open a little bit faster than he would have liked to yesterday with how the stuff was playing, getting to swing and miss. Yes, he did to give up those two home runs, but if you removed those two, he was in an excellent spot last night, and even he was sharing that this is the best that he's felt he was able to work on essentially like a mechanical or a mental cue in which for him he said it had to do with his glove tap. But he is in a much better position. So now he feels like, okay, you can kind of continue to build from yesterday. Then you mentioned Roki Sasaki. He is someone who there are times where it feels like the stuff is there. There are times it feels like he's just kind of the misses are bad misses, or there the splitter is not breaking like he would want it to and kind of leaving the ball up.
Speaker 4: Things like that.
Speaker 10: So with him today, I guess even when you look at his last outing, just quickly against the Nationals. There were times at the beginning of his start, and on that final inning of work in the fifth things did look good. But then if you look at the two innings that were kind of in between, they were the walks, the home run, the just it started to pile up and the pitch count got up, and so he truly was only limited to those five innings of work, and even that was a push. So coming into today, Dave Roberts was just saying, you know, he wants to continue to see him really moving in the right direction. There are times, as I mentioned, when the stuff has been excellent, but now it's just finding that consistency and how he's navigating, especially through this aggressive Rainery's lineup.
Speaker 6: Edwin he has last night not there in the ninth inning, Dave Roberts said, he was down for the night.
Speaker 4: What about today, hearson.
Speaker 10: You know, they're kind of looking at him as like a day to day situation. So when they look at his outing on Friday night, in which he did blow his first day, if you're in Dodger blue, he gave up four hits, three runs, and everyone noticed that the velocity was about two miles for hours down, which is quite significant when it comes to a pitcher. And so Dave Roberts even immediately after the game said he noticed it. He said that he was gonna have a conversation with Edwin and just kind of see how he's feeling. Checking in Edwin said that he says that he feels fine, but they're just gonna keep kind of seeing. So he'll play some catch this afternoon how he comes out of that. So they're really just kind of following Edwin's lead. But due to just that drop off in below, it's something that they do want to keep an eye on. Dave Roberts would make it clear that it is a low concern for him. It's yeah, it's a low level concern, and they're just more of they got to play the long game, not the short game, and if Edwin needs a few days to rest, then he should have those days and then continue to allow his body to heal at that's what it needs to do.
Speaker 7: No doubt about it.
Speaker 6: It's April twelfth. It's a long marathon of a season. Kirsen, appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game is still they come here. I'm Marango Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into today's pitching matchup. David Vatse goes one on one with Jack Dryer, who had a great outing last night, striking out the side of next. So we'll get you an injury report and we'll get the pregame thoughts of the manager, Dave Roberts. So he leads up to Dodgers and Rangers on this cloudy rain earlier this morning, Sunday, first pitch of one ten, I'm Tim Kas' is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday as we leads up to first pitch Dodgers and the Texas Rangers. Marogo Casino resorted spa a Grand Slam for a good Time's Rookie Sasaki on the mountain. First pitch coming up at one ten. It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Mookie Beds on the I L with the right oblique strain. Tommy Edmond on the IL, recovering from offseason ankle surgery. Blake Snell on the IL but working his way back from shoulder fatigue through yesterday to hitters about fifteen pitches, Brock Stewart on the I L he's getting close to returning to the Dodgers' bullpen. Bruce Dark graderol throwing off flat ground and starting to throw off the mound just a little bit, landing that. Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips, Keiky Hernandez all working their way back from injuries. Let's have back out to the stadium and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 7: Any questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: I think Rochy's in that same em at bucket as far as training in the right direction and uh, you know, cleaning up some things with the delivery and then you know, translating that pitch execution. So you know, hopefully we can you know, he can keep building off that, and I feel good with the work that he's put in before this start and go from there.
Speaker 8: Lost out.
Speaker 10: Yes, there was the two home runs, but he was able to finish.
Speaker 1: Honestly, start on a higher note.
Speaker 10: Are you just looking now more for the consistency of.
Speaker 1: His step thrown out?
Speaker 7: And yeah, I think that.
Speaker 9: You know, with any starting pitcher, obviously, you know, the mindset has got to be in a good spot where I think he's in as good a spot as he has been with us. And then you know, the physical, the mechanical part that's got to be in line. And then I think then it just for me, the execution has been a lot better the last couple outings. The misses have been near misses versus egregious misses, So it's just been more consistent. And I think that if he can continue to do that, you know, this is an aggressive team, clearly they're they're they're aggressive. And if he can you know, pitch off that split presented as a strike, shorten it when he needs to, you know, mix in the fastball things like that, you know, we should have a good day.
Speaker 6: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts, rookie Sasaki looking to get his first win here of the season, his second of his big league career. We continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck we'll check in with David Vass.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's going on with Edwin Diaz.
Speaker 6: David's got the lettuce latest when we come back, So leads up to first pitch Dodgers and the Rangers from Uniclo Field to Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: I have Tim Kates's the bent to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Texas Rangers on this Sunday Rookie Sasaki, Jacob de Grom. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by al Poto, born in La and made for your game day. Alpoto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salces and hot sauces to your table El Poto Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kate Son Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 4: All right, David, what in the world is going on with Edwin Diaz?
Speaker 5: Well, you heard from Dave Roberts earlier today. It just seemed like a lot of mixed messages because he said it's not mechanical. He also said Edwin Diaz is not going on the injured list, so we're wondering what it is. So, I mean, Edwin Diaz told us earlier this morning that every April since he injured his knee in the World Baseball Classic, the velocity hasn't been where it will be the rest of the season. So it makes you wonder if the answer is pretty simple, maybe a little bit of dead arm, because the fastball velocity is not that far off from where it has been in the past two or three Aprils. In fact, the real issue with Diaz has been a flat slider. I mean, he isn't locating a slider well and that's what's being hit. So you just wonder if it could be as simple as dead arm and something that the Dodgers don't want to disclose, and maybe something DS doesn't want to disclose. But around this time of year, there's two parts of a baseball season when you hear about dead arm, and that's usually at the end of spring training, sometimes bleeds into the beginning of the regular season for pitchers, and the other part is in August September after a long season. So it could be just as simple as that from what we gathered and try to dissect from what Dave Roberts and Edwin Diaz said.
Speaker 6: Today, David is brought to by the Ford Maverick Motor trends in the North Americans Truck of the Year. The Ford Maverick is everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon as the best MSRP of its category. Is time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California Ford Dealers today. Roki Suzaki's got one win in the last two years here in the Big League's looking to get his second win today. David, is this a good matchup against the Texas Rangers.
Speaker 5: Wow, when you put it that way, Tim, that's pretty so bring right there. And they have a lot of left handers in the lineup that are very aggressive with fastballs in the strike zone. I don't know if it is the best matchup for him, but it's his day to start, and if he doesn't have fastball command, cannot throw his fastball for strikes. The Rangers are not going to chase that split knuckler that he throws. So in his last start, Sasaki leaned on that cutter, slash slider pitch that he's learned over the course of the last few months. We may see a steady diet of that if he doesn't feel comfortable with his fastball, which was averaging around ninety six miles an hour in his last start. And quite frankly, we don't really know in Major League Baseball in the last two years what is Roki Sasaki's steady fastball velocity. Because it's ranged anywhere from one hundred miles an hour to ninety two miles an hour and now it's around ninety six miles an hour. There's really no real data point that tells us since he's joined the Dodgers what his fastball velocity should be because remember he had injuries before he signed in Major League Baseball. We don't know where his shoulders at since then. So this may be the new version of Rokie and part of the reason why he's searching to find this new way to pitch without that one hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 6: Well, we'll see which Roki shows up today. David Gray Stuff will check back you with you in just a little bit. Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Who you're gonna hear from all the great insigners coming up, including Jack Dryer, Dodger reliever. That's all coming up as we break you down. First pitch coming up at one ten, Dodgers and the Rangers. We'll get into this pitching matchup. So much to get to over the next thirty five to forty minutes. If we'd lead you up to first pitch from the stadium, I'm Tim Kason's the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Nowork, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseballs.
Speaker 4: And the Texas Rangers.
Speaker 6: Ranges like it is, moved through clouds though still throughout Southern California. Nice and cool on this Sunday afternoon. Rookie Sasaki, Jacob de Grom. The pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at one ten, Hot Dog.
Speaker 5: Who wants hot God?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical moment.
Speaker 3: It's magical presented by howby hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: Well, we don't have to go back too far.
Speaker 6: Friday Night, the series opener Dodgers and the Texas Rangers Dodgers with the lead going to the top half of the ninth inning, when Edwin Diaz gave up three runs to tie the game at seven. In the bottom of the ninth, little two out magic from Muncie.
Speaker 2: At the corner of this season intended bats against left handed pitching. Monsey hitting four hundred. Here's the old two these swings hits, a high.
Speaker 7: Drive to right fail, it's going back. It is gone.
Speaker 11: Were Max Monsey with two outs in a pout of the night. Maxwell swinging with silver hammer his second career three home run Dave Emma Dodgers victorious tonight eight to seven. Oh my goodness, what a shot by Monsei.
Speaker 2: Four hundred and one feet into the pavilion in lake Field.
Speaker 7: Mountsi. Was a four hit night. And I said earlier on.
Speaker 8: In the second inning, he said, Hey, the swing's getting better.
Speaker 7: He's getting close. Well, welcome aboard Max Mounsey.
Speaker 6: Max Mounsey with three home runs, including the walk off there in the bottom half of the ninth INNY. He had a bat flip to go with it as well, as the Dodgers won eight to seven. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, haffe Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check you out with Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner leads you up to first pitch.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Rangers. I'm Tim Kats.
Speaker 6: It's the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 6: Lost Dodgers and Texas Rangers on this Sunday. Rokie Sasaki, Jacob de Grom, the pitching Man chup. Time now for the Verizons startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years. You can save big. Visit the Verizon store Today. We hand things off to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 12: All right, Tim, The Dodgers keep rolling right along eleven and three best record in baseball. They lead baseball in the following categories wins, winning percentage, run scored, batting average, on base percentage, slugging percentage, OPS, home runs, and extra basins.
Speaker 7: Well, that's all anything else.
Speaker 8: I think they're up there also with at least the City connect uniforms. We saw those last night. We've seen so many other teams are going what are they thinking? But the Dodgers that do it in style, especially when you start to consider the fact, as you know, everybody looking at well the Dodgers, can they come back and get off to a good start. Well, they've done that. Maybe the surprising team you and I were talking about this just off the air a few minutes ago. Surprising team at least to this point, maybe in the Western Division, San Diego hanging tough. They're just two and a half back winners of four in a row in that category. But you know they've got tough customers in the Texas Rangers, who are tied with the surprising team in the American League West, that being the A's. Sacramento A's are now being worn on the front of the uniform. So there's some races early and if the Dodgers, as you mentioned, they had taken care of business in just about every category to this point.
Speaker 12: Rangers and Athletics, by the way, tied for first in the American League West, each had seven and seven Dodgers eleven and three. Look back at last night. Oh, that fellow O'tani got on base again, the leadoff home run, and he's been on base in every game so far this year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, here's the question that we proposed last night. When is the last time you saw both leadoff hitters in a ball game leave the ballpark with home runs? They did not take very long to do it. Brandon Nimmo led off with the Rangers in the top of the first the second pitch that was thrown to him by Emmitt Sheen, and then Otani says, okay, watch this. Well, it took him four pitches to be able to hit the home run and tie the game. So the Dodgers, Yeah, technically another come from behind victory last night. They've also hit very well with opportunities have been created because in this series they have seventeen advants with runners in scoring position, the Rangers just eight.
Speaker 12: To this point where he mentioned she and he gives up the leadoff home run. He'd been rocky in his first couple of starts, but then he settled down, and so the Dodgers certainly have to feel good about that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I think the way that he did it too, because the very next batter after Nemo's leadoff home run, he strunk out Duran on four pitches, including went up and away with a good fastball. Then he got Seeger to strike him out to follow Duran and that's when he started to introduce the slider, and the slider along with the fastball and the chine up worked very well last night. He went six innings and that gave the bullpen a little bit of a breather.
Speaker 12: On top of it, And another word or two about Andy Pahez, who is batting third today in the lineup.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and move him up in the lineup. I mean he's done everything as have dragged the infield from an offensive standpoint, He's played great defense on top of it. He's a young guy, Charlie that we have talked about a lot, and to watch his development along with his confidence, has really made him into the one of the players that now we're hearing a lot of scouts talking and talking in very positive action about how he has taken control now of things. Hopefully that's going to be a sign of very good things in his career come forward.
Speaker 12: Pa has so far this year with men on base he's hitting six forty is on base for saying six point fifty four and oh, by the way, with two men on base, he's six out of ten and oh, by the way, leading the nation of the league in hitting, and he's he has done nearly everything right and you can judge.
Speaker 7: It better than anybody.
Speaker 12: Defensively, how he's upgraded his game and center Yeah, and oh, by the way, he's coming to bat a lot with runners on.
Speaker 8: Base, if not in scoring position too. It's going to be interesting because we've continued to talk about the job the bottom part of the lineup has been doing in getting on base and setting the stage for the top of the lineup. Well, now we're moving Paz Dave roberts Is to the number three spot with the Oscar Hernandez getting a breather at least from the get gos. It'll be Alis called playing in left field. Everything else kind of remains the same, including with Hasan Ki gets the start at shortstop this afternoon.
Speaker 12: And he's played very well since his call up. Trinan has pitched very well out of the bullpen struggled last year. Tanner Scott has pitched well out of the bullpen so far, this year, struggled last season, Jack Dryer a scoreless relief appearance last night won two three, and Alex Vesio on his thirtieth birthday was great. So the depth of the bullpen seems about as strong as it's.
Speaker 7: Been a year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the depth, and I think the balance too, and that ballance is really key because Dave Roberts does not have to continue calling the same names over and over and over out of the bullpen, get kind of spread it around and not increase the workload in one area versus another.
Speaker 12: Question today, which Roki Sasaki will show up against Jacob de Grom.
Speaker 8: Well, hopefully it's going to be the competitive Brokie Sasaki because that's exactly what Dave Roberts has been talking about the last couple of outings that he's had, and he was more aggressive, he attacked the strength zone better his life last doubting and hopefully that's a stepping stone to what we see today.
Speaker 12: So the Dodgers looking for the sweep against the Rangers on this Sunday afternoon. The Mets come in tomorrow night. Whin up some first pitch coming up soon, Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by City of Hope. Preparation, precision, an unrelenting commitment of being the best at what they do. That's what makes a champion at City of Hope. That commitment has one focus curing cancer. City of Hope. Champions of Hope make an appointment today at City of Hope dot Org. Still to come here, I'm wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll get you a previous pitching matchup. Tim and Rickle have the keys to the game as the Dodgers hoping for the sweep of the Texas Rangers. Up next to go high and tight with Jack Dryer first pitch coming up at one to ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tack, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and the Texas Rangers on this gloomy Sunday rain earlier throughout Southern California, rain is pushed through, but still the clouds in the sky.
Speaker 4: Rookie Sasaki, Jacob de Grom.
Speaker 6: The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast went it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: Last night on Dodger Talk, I explained the rules of approaching relief pitchers when they don't perform well, everybody's at their locker. But when you strike out the side in the seventh inning the first time in your career, I expect everybody to be in front of your locker. Nobody was there. That's why I'm here with Jack Dreyer. Jack, thanks a lot for the time, appreciated.
Speaker 13: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 10: I know the.
Speaker 5: Rules of relief pitching and media dealings.
Speaker 13: Yeah, no comment on that.
Speaker 5: Hey. As a relief picture though, you have to have a short memory. Have you learned that part of this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 13: I think at the end of the day, you know your job is to go and give your team a chance to win every time you go out there, and so regardless of what happened last time, you just have to go out there and do it every time.
Speaker 5: How did you reset? Did the day off help you reset? I heard you were looking for a new dog?
Speaker 4: Wow through the grape fine?
Speaker 7: I guess No.
Speaker 4: I think it's just a.
Speaker 13: Combination of, you know, going back to my preparation and you know, all of the work that we put in on a daily basis to be ready to go, and then just having that conviction in yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometimes you have to remind yourself that you're really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: It feels like there's that cat and mouse game between hitters and pictures where the hitter seems to give pictures too much credit and the pictures sometimes give the hitters too much credit.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think so. I think that with the Dodgers, everybody does a really good job of kind of communicating from the offense and defensive side, so we kind of have a good idea of what is going through the hitters' minds and vice versa. So I think the communication between the two sides is really good.
Speaker 5: Can you believe I was shocked, because you were so good last year that you hadn't struck out the side in an inning before in your short career? Are you when you heard that. Did you realize that?
Speaker 13: No, I mean it crossed my mind because it always feels good, you know, but no, I hadn't really realized that it was the first time.
Speaker 4: So so that was pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Jack Dryer is our guest. Last night, the Dodger bullpen put up zeros again. How rewarding is it on a night like last night where it's not just you, but it's for other relievers that are big time parts of this team.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, I think it's awesome. Our offense has been outstanding lately as well as the starting pitching, and so for us as the bullpen being you know, third cog in the in the gears, to be firing on all cylinders was pretty special.
Speaker 5: What do you believe it is with Tanner Scott this year? You were just playing catch with him, You're walking in with him. It feels like he's a new man this season.
Speaker 4: I don't think anything's changed.
Speaker 13: I think he has the belief in himself and we all have the belief in him. So, you know, for him to be healthy and helping us and have everybody kind of, like I said, firing on all cylinders. We're just in a good spot right now.
Speaker 5: I remember last year during the regular season, Alex Vesia really kind of took you under his swing. You guys have a lot of shared interests and he was your catch partner. What's it like for you to have him back in the bullpen.
Speaker 13: Oh, it's outstanding, not only from a leadership perspective, you know, behind the scenes actually talking, but the leadership that you see and feel when he's on the mound in the game really goes a long way. And you know, the crowd feels it. You can hear it in the crowd that when he's coming in the game, they're like, oh, we're good to go. So it's really cool to see and you know, something that you aspire to be as another bullpen arm.
Speaker 5: What kind of energy has he brought to the bullpen? Is it the same energy or is it a little extra with that beard?
Speaker 13: Oh, the beard is great, but he's always brought the energy, you know, in terms of when I when I talk about preparation, nobody does it better than him. And so, like I said, when he goes out there, we know that he's putting us in the best spot to win the game. And so it's just really really cool to see, like how much success he's been.
Speaker 5: Having in Toronto. It was his first opportunity to be there after the World Series. Obviously, was it as emotional as it was portrayed for him?
Speaker 13: I think that Ves does a good job of separating those things, you know, whatever it is that he's feeling under the surface. I think that he did a great job of, you know, keeping the emotions in check when he was on the mound, and you know, the energy was always the same, and how he talks is always the same. And you know, for that being his three hundredth perent as a Dodger, that's an incredible milestone. And so I think overall it was just just a really cool experience to see Jack.
Speaker 5: Congratulations on getting it back on the rails last night. It seems like you have a pretty good sense of yourself to be steady. Am I reading that correctly?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: I'd like to think, so, don't over analyze things, right Jack, that's right. By the way, your wife tipped me off that you were looking for a dog on the off day.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I figured it was her. I think she might have been looking for a dog. I don't know if we were looking for a dog and what happened. Nothing we didn't even talk about it. We went to the Huntington Gardens and enjoyed a day off and walked around the park. So it was nice.
Speaker 5: There we go. That's a good reset day. Thanks a lot for the time. Great to see you smiling. And don't forget I understand the etiquette with relievers.
Speaker 13: All right, thank you for having me.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: There he is the man. Jack Dryer has been our guest, and he'll receive a gift card to Travis S. Matthew. And also want to remind you that Travis S. Matthew creates elevated apparel and footwear. May to meet the moment. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Jack Dryer.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by uniclow Field the Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclo dot com slash us to lead you out to first pitch on this gloomy Sunday Dodgers and the Rangers. Next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back world champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 3: Nowhere This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Texas Rangers. First pitcher Uniclo Field. The Dodger Stadium is coming up at one.
Speaker 3: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: For is it about your Toyota Dealers? We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Jacob de Grama on the mouth, thirty seven year old veteran right hander, World Series Champ, five time All Star, two time NLSI Young Award winner with the Mets last year, a l Comeback Player of the Year after going twelve to eight with a two ninety seven ERA over thirty starts. Making his third start this season last time out, he exited the game after five innings with a mild right knee discomfort. MRI came back clean, so he's back out there against the Dodgers. In his career one in five with the two fifty eight ERA, seventy six strikeouts in twelve starts. He hasn't pitched at Dodger Stadium since May of twenty nineteen, when he was with the New York metsman five innings, two runs in a no decision. Rookie Sasaki Ohen won with this seven r twenty four year old right hander. Last year up and down, spent nearly five months on the IL, came back as a closer in the postseason Sub one RRA was really good. Now as the starter again, making his third start this year last week in Washington d c agins the national Sasaki went five innings. He gave up a career high six runs while striking out five in a no decision. He did face the Texas Rangers last year early April, Sasaki threw his first MLB quality start, allowing two runs over six innings, four strikeouts.
Speaker 4: And a four to three Dodgers loss.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and the Rangers, we are fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 4: Keys in the game are next. I'm Tim Katson, the.
Speaker 6: Back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Lead you up to Dodgers and the Rangers. Rookie Sasaki and Jacob de Grom the pitching matchup. As we get ready for the start of the game with the Seporo starts. Yeah, great moments. Start with Saporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference. Saporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo, good with sushi, Great with baseball. To go back out to the booth, tim Rick, guys.
Speaker 2: Heead are you ready for the finale of this three game interleague series between the Dodgers and the Texas Rangers. Jacob de Gram will be on the mound for the Rangers. Roki Sasaki makes his third start for the Dodgers, and one thing about Sasaki has.
Speaker 7: Been the walks.
Speaker 2: That's been a point of concern last year to this year, Sasaki has thrown forty five and a third innings combined. He's walked twenty seven, so that comes out to be five point four walks per nine innings.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, he calls it the splitter. It's really a fork bowl, but one of the fork balls is hit for a home run. His last outing, that was in Washington, DC. It took him ninety pitches to go through five innings, but we did see some positive areas, including an uptick in the velocity. It was up to ninety eight miles an hour, but also stolen bases. There were two stolen bases. He wasn't really paying attention to runners. That's got to improve. So for Suzak, hopefully he's getting that splitter or fork bow over a little bit better, and especially now with the increase fastball.
Speaker 7: But Dave Roberts was saying before his.
Speaker 8: Last outing, he needs to attack the zone much more frequently.
Speaker 2: Jacob deGrom the opposition starter. When you look at what he's done in terms of era, he has prevented a lot of runs his career RA two fifty eight. That is the third lowest urn run average in the expansion era that since nineteen sixty one. Sandy Kofax number one at two nineteen, Clayton Kershaw number.
Speaker 5: Two at two point fifty three.
Speaker 2: Then there's Jacob de Grom next on the list at two fifty eight.
Speaker 8: If he stays on the pattern that he's established the last couple of years, first pitch he tries to go away with fast bows, and he does it with a very high percentage of going away sixty two percent. On top of that, the breaking stuff over forty percent, and the slider is a very big pitch for Jacob de Grom, Do not chase pitches out of the strike zone.
Speaker 2: Dodgers going for a three game sweep over at Texas lineups. First pitch, just around the corner, Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, first pitch is next.
Speaker 6: Don't forget David Vassay's got you cover with all the postgame festivities, highlights, postgame reaction and Dodger talk as well. Dodgers going for the sweep. Rookie Sasaki takes the mountain as enjoy it.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kase. This is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network