Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is world Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Here we go again.
Speaker 2: We're gotta running back.
Speaker 1: To get in on the show called eight six six eight seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts and now your host, here's Tim kakes.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers get swept at home by the Boston Red Sox, who are red hot, but the Dodgers also pick up Trek Scooble, so an emotional rollercoaster a day for this Dodgers team as they get finished off by the Red Sox and eight to four victory for Boston as they finish off the three game weekend sweep. Jake Bennett the win image she and gets the loss. But on the flip side of the things, as Dave Robert mentioned, the Dodgers picking up Terrek Schooble just what they needed for the final two months of the season. In October, Baseball Dodger Talk is off and running here on this Sunday night. Thanks for being with us wherever you may be. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the number eight six six nine eighty seven to two five seventy coming up in just a little bit, you're gonna hear from Andrew Freeman. David Vesse had a chance to catch up with Andrew before the game and was on our Dodgers on Deck show and talked about the trade for Trek Scooble, what they gave up in River Ryan and Zayir Hope and a third prospect to get Trek Scooble, and what he means for this team. So you're not going to want to miss that. The comments from Andrew Freeman about the trade that he pulled off last night was made official this morning. And in case you missed it, Tarrek Scooble joined the Dodgers during the game, showed up, put on a Dodger uniform and joined his new teammates inside the Dodgers dugout. He gave Dave Roberts a big old bear hug, and then it was up on that second step sitting next to Freddie Freeman and different guys. Max muncie I saw him talking to as well, meeting and greeting his new Dodger teammates, and it looks like he's gonna get his start on Tuesday for his first start in a Dodger uniform in Chicago at Wrigley Field as the Dodgers head off on a six game road trip, and tomorrow expected to have him meet the media before the first game in Chicago tomorrow afternoon. But a lot to get to here on Dodger Talk, a lot to kind of process what just happened this weekend to Trek Scuoble trade and what happens now moving forward. All Right, the Dodgers lost three to the Boston Red Side. I'm not gonna panic. I'm not gonna worry. Boston's the hottest team in baseball for whatever reason, They've put it together under Chad Tracy. They're doing everything right right now. Small ball. Tonight, they had four home runs season high in a game for them. They're not known for the home run ball. They're playing great defense, they're getting really good pitching, and they had three lefties going this weekend, two of which are rookies, and then Rangers sworez wining the series opener. Everything's clicking right now. For the Boston Red Sox, and they've got their own fight in the American League and their own battle right now for a wild card spot or if they can even get closer and get back in this Al East reethe race. I'm more worried about the Dodgers. I'm more worried about the final two months of this season and what this looks like now for this Dodgers team. And tomorrow at three o'clock is the Major League Baseball trade deadline, so there's still time. If Andrew Freeman and Brandon Gomes are working the phones trying to add to this roster or subtract from this roster to get more minor league prospect equity, there's time to do it. And I'm sure they're working the phones. I'm sure they're doing their due diligence. If they're gonna make any more moves, they have until three o'clock Pacific tomorrow. And my question for you is is there another move to be made for this Dodgers team. And I'm not getting greedy here and saying Trek's Google, Okay, now what now? What what are you gonna I'm not looking at that way. Look at this roster in the way it's put together right now and the way the depth looks on this Dodgers team. In reality, there is a need. That need is a catcher, and that is a glaring need tonight with Eliezer Alfonso getting the start. Minutes before the game, Dalton Rushing was scratched with irritation in his right elbow. Now, Dave Roberts said it hadn't been a problem before. As soon as he heard about it, he changed the lineup. Dalton Rushing's going to get the night off, get some treatment, get some therapy, and hopefully we'll be back in the next couple of days. Here, as he said, he's day to day. Well, he already got will Smith on the injured list and he hasn't played in months, and will Smith doing baseball activities is still what three to four weeks away. If he were to start right now ramping back up, and it's a slow ramp it's not like he's itching to go and you know, needs thirty at bats and hey, let's hurry then get those thirty at bats in real quick and get him back to the major leagues. This feels like a spring training ramp up, a month long ramp up. And if that's the case, look at the calendar. Talge ist second a month from now, we're looking at the first second of September, the final stretch, the final thirty days of season. So between now at three o'clock on Monday, is catching a necessity? Is there a catcher they can go out and get to help out this Dodgers team one because Will Smith may not be back for another month and Dalton Rushing, Okay, I'm a little little bit of a little red flag with the irritation and the elbow. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's something. Who knows, but he was scratched from the game tonight and Eliotsarafonso love him, great kid, great story. Been through a lot in the last month with the tragedy in Venezuela. But when it comes to October baseball, I'm not sure he's one of my two catchers on my roster, no offense. But is there a catcher at the deadline that the Dodgers can go out and get. Is there somebody that makes sense that they can go out and get and be that backup catcher right now to a Dalton Rushing or play you know every three days, and then when Will Smith hopefully gets back. You make a tough decision on whether or not you're catching. You're carrying three catchers, or he gets released or whatever happens. But for the next month, can the Dodgers afford just to have Alfonso and Dalton rushing behind the plate? There's no depth at that position in Triple A or in Double A. There is no top prospect just knocking on the door at the catching spot. So that's something to keep in mind between now at three o'clock tomorrow, is there somebody that Brandon Gomes and Andrew Freeman can go out and get As far as catcher is concerned, there's not a lot of guys out there. Jonah him with the Athletics, but it's calling, he pointed out with the injury to Shangaliers. Jonah Heim's playing a lot now with the Athletics. Pedro Piaz with the Cardinals, they got two catchers they're rotating, and apparently the Cardinals have a lot of depth at the upper levels of the minor leagues ready to get to the major leagues at the catching spot. So there could be a possibility to bring in a catcher for the next month or however long you need him here for the rest of this season eight six, sixth nine, eighty seven, two five seventy. To me, if you could upgrade catcher between now and three o'clock Pacific on Monday, I do it. I don't break the bank. You're you're obviously you know you're not gonna go out there and find an all star catcher at this point. You're not gonna go out there and pull off a trade like you did for a school bl to go out and get a catcher because you have Will Smith long term Hunter Goodman, who is a stud Silver Slugger Award winner, already an All Star. You know, the kid is hitting thirty plus bombs. He's sitting now what thirty three home runs, ninety or sixty five RBIs. Yeah, if you're gonna get him in a trade, it's gonna cost you because he's got a couple more years of service time that you have him under control for. That's not the kind of catcher the Dodgers really are looking for. They're looking for like the paw has got with the car of the Cardinals, or somebody who is in a situation where there's some depth and somebody who can come in and help out this Dodgers team, whether it's for the next four to five weeks until Will Smith gets healthy and gets back to playing every day eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two, five seventy. But on top of that, the Dodgers and and Imate Shean, I'm not sure there there's a lot more starts in there for Immit Shean at the big league level. And I love Immit Shean. When his number has been called, he has answered it every single time. He has been one of the reliable starters that Dodgers could go to this year. Yamamoto, Sasaki, Robleski, Imit Shean, they're not. They haven't been sitting on the injury list like Blake Snell and Tyler Glass. Now, Imit Shean has been called upon and made start after start, but he's just not gaining a lot of outs and swinging miss He's given up too many runs. In fact, to go back and look at what he's done over his twenty star he's giving up runs in every single start. He's had traffic on the base pass seems like every single time he's out there. Too many leadoff walks, too many base hits, too many thirty pitch innings too many twenty two pitch innings. He'll get in and on traffic. He'll give up three runs here, five runs there. He'll give you a start, but he doesn't give you length. It's been since early June that he's gone at least six innings in a start. Tonight, in essence, turned into a bullpen game until Dave Roberts said, all right, I'm not gonna keep running guys out there like Jack Dryer and Evan Phillips and Kyle Hurt. If we're down now what seven or six to three? All right, Wyatt Mills your turn. You get the final six outs of the game. And he struggled a wild pitch to pass the ball hit by batter a couple of walks in the ninth. It was a struggle out there for Wyat Wyatt Mills image. Shean cannot continue to pitch like this and expect to be in the die rotation. It's just a reality because of the return of Glass. Now a couple of starts from now, after he gets his minor league rehab assignment's done, and more on the near side, here is the return of Blake Snell, who's gonna make a start on Tuesday in Oklahoma City and then be good to go. Well, you're getting Blake Snell back, you're getting Tyler Glass now back, and oh yeah, you picked up Trek Scouble. That's three starters now added back to this rotation. They're not enough starts for everybody in the course of the week when you already got a rotation of six starters. Now, what about shoe a Otani the pitcher? Can you count on Glass now? Robleski's innings are starting to get up there. There's a lot of question marks going forward the next two months of this season. And for the Dodgers, they have the luxury of having so much depth. They've got eight and if you throw in Otani, nine different starting pitchers, they will have once Glass now and Snell come back off the injured Liss, that's a lot for Dave Roberts to choose from. That also means if you're not producing, if you're not going out there and getting out and putting up zeros, you're not gonna be out there because there's somebody else, most likely that can do that job. Yamamoto, Terre Skouble, Jessa Robleski, Roki Sasaki. Four starters right there, you're getting Snell back. Glass Now is down the road. It mean Shean? Can you pencil him in there? Once a week show hey Otani kind of feels like it's gonna be a while until he comes back pitching, and then there's Eric lower now before we get to tomorrow's three o'clock trade deadline, and let's just not all assume now that Eric Lawer is gonna be traded. It's a great story what he did turning his season around after disaster in Toronto the first month and a half to come to the Dodgers and be undefeated. Dodgers just win when he starts games. He's been fantastic. I kind of like Eric Lawer more than I like Image Shean right now at this point, I'd feel a little bit more confident for the next month here until Tyler glass Now gets back and im it or show hey o Tony gets back, assuming it's another month or so. If you need arms, do you want image Sheen out there? We went once a week or a Eric Lawer. I love Shean. I really like Eric Lawer, and I like where Eric Lawer's at right now with this confidence and the way he pitches and the way he gets out and puts up zeros and navigates, you know, when he does have traffic or gives up a couple early runs, is able to get back and put up zeros right after that and stack zeros and keep the Dodgers in games and wait for the offense to start slugging. So it's gonna be interesting to see how they navigate the next month, and really the next two months with guys coming in and out of the starting rotation, and again tomorrow three o'clock trade deadline. What should they do if they need another move or two to make? Is it subtracting Alex call and Eric Lawer I hate to see Eric Lawer go, I really would, Or is it to bring in a catcher, which I think is a strong need right now, an absolute strong need for a veteran presence behind the plate. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seven. Let's take a couple of calls we're gonna hear from Andrew Freeman coming up in just a little bit. Michael, who is at Dodger Stadium tonight. Michael, thank you for being patient, really appreciate it. How you doing tonight?
Speaker 5: We're doing great. It's so great to be talking here on Dodger Talk. We listen to you guys every night. Just love the show. Timmy do a great job. We live in Saint Louis. I'm out here visiting family. I'm here with my dad.
Speaker 6: And my son Matthew, and my son Simon, who's gone to Dodger Stadium tonight for his first time ever, and my nephew James, and they're just having a block, right, guys.
Speaker 5: So it's been a great evening for us. And I just got to say, you know, from from a Dodger fan, he's an exile. You know, we we go to a lot of road games. We rarely get to go and see him at home. Here Dodgers Tatum experience is so much better than other stadiums, and it's just unreal how how big the differential is. I mean, just little things like the cap games, a hitting ball thing so much better at Dodger Stadium. So we had a great time, even though we lost. I would just say I'm with you. Let's keep Eric Lauer. And here is a possible suggestion.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers.
Speaker 5: You know they don't they don't just go out to get anybody. Well, here's a wild suggestion. What if we're really worried about you know, Rushing. What about Adlie Ritschman. He's been on the market. We know the Oriols have been shopping him around. I don't know what it would take to get him, but you know he could spell Freddie at first base. He can give him a day off, he can play behind the plate. He'd be reliable for us. Just a suggestion. What do you think of that?
Speaker 2: It's interesting to see if they could go out and get him. I know the Yankees who are in the division with Orioles, and I appreciate the phone call, Michael. The Orioles and Yankees, those are the two teams talking about Adlie Rushman. I love Adie rush and I think he's a great defensive catcher. I think he'd be a perfect addition. At what cost, I'm not sure, but the Yankees are in dire need for a catcher right now. I mean, the combination of Ali Sanchez and Austin Wells has been bad, has been absolutely bad in the Bronx, and you're throwing the injuries to Judge and Stanton Bellinger. They need a little pop with the bad and Atlie Rushman could could bring that. It wouldn't surprise me though, if the Dodgers were in play for a guy like Adlie Rushman, because you never count out Andrew Freeman. Just when you think, ah, the Yankees and Orioles are gonna make a trade, and in comes Andrew Freeman, and he can come in very easily and make a trade for an athlete rush back. I think he'd be a perfect fit. At what cost, I'm not sure, because it again you're not thinking long term for catching, and in reality you're thinking Will Smith is gonna come back in September, and he's your everyday catcher once he gets healthy and does return. So what does that mean for Rushman? He's your backup catcher? What does that mean for Dalton Rushing? You only got twenty six spots on the postseason roster. Is Dalton Rushing, who you've relied upon a lot to be behind the plate? Is he out? So a lot of things to think about as far as pulling the trigger and making the deal before three o'clock tomorrow afternoon. Dodger's Baseball is brought to you by Medello Midello. The Mark of Fighter eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the number. Dominic in wes Woods. Next up here on Dodger Talk, Red Sox beat the Dodgers eight to four. How you doing.
Speaker 7: I've been okay, trying to still keep positive despite what happened. I'll tell you, I.
Speaker 2: Dominic, your your phone is breaking up. My man, I'm gonna try to put you back all hold. We'll see if we get a better connection. But I appreciate it. If we can get a better connection, we will. Julian and for Wittier is going all right, Let's go to Corey and long beach. Corey, thanks for being patient, Thanks for joining us here on Dodger Talk on this Sunday.
Speaker 4: He a you doing, Hey, Tim, Thank you very much. I am I am upside down over the fact that the contending teams that allegedly want to win, silly Milwaukee Yankees blah blah blah, they couldn't put together a better package for Derek scooball than the Dodgers did.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's not.
Speaker 4: All it takes. That's all it takes a prospect, a suspect, and an unknown.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers didn't just give up nothing. I appreciate it. Thank you Corey for checking and Dodgers didn't just give up nothing. I mean, Zaire Hope is their number two overall prospect. He's a top thirty prospect in all the baseball Everybody loves him. River Ryan can very easily be on you know, twenty eight starting rotations around baseball. Right now, he's just at a log jam with the Dodgers, and you kind of felt like with him not coming back up to the big leagues the last few weeks, with the injuries to glass Now and Blakesnell, and the Dodgers going out and doing bullpen games and you know, bringing up Wyatt Mills and different guys to soak up innings and not going to River Ryan. I think I said it a few weeks ago on Dodgers talk. It kind of fell like all along they're keeping him in Triple A, hoping that he'll be flipped in part of a deal. You don't want to bring up to the major leagues having get hit around a lot, you know, and the value goes down. You know, you want him at peak value, and that's keeping him in Triple A. So I think that's kind of why we never all him come back up, even though he's been healthy and been just making start after start in Triple A Oklahoma se He's had some nagging injuries this year, a couple of stints on the il in Triple A Oklahoma City, but for the most part he's healthy now. And then Brady Smith was a third round pick a couple of years ago at the lower levels doing okay. I mean, they didn't give up nothing. I mean, they gave up a young prospect, they give up a highly touted prospect, and they gave up a major league arm a young one who's got still got control as far as his contract in years in River Ryan. So it is interesting, I'll be fully honest with you, it is interesting that there wasn't a trade from Milwaukee or Tampa somebody else. That's just like whoa they gave up that they get Terry Scooble. They gave up the farm to get this guy. I mean you would you wouldn't be mad at it. You know, it's Terry Scooble. He's one of the best pitchers in baseball two times say Young Award winner. I mean, could be the most sought after free agent this offseason. But the Dodgers got him. And what the Dodgers had to give back in return is still really good. Like I mentioned, the three guys they gave back, are you know three bodies that are gonna maybe someday help out the Tigers more more currently River Ryan on the mound and in the rotation with Detroit. So yeah, they had to give up something to get Terrek Schouble. But it is kind of surprising that there wasn't that wow trade. There wasn't that Oh my gosh, that's what they took to get Trekscouoble. So I'm with you on that, But for the Dodger's sake, I'm certainly so grateful to have Andrew Freeman. We're gonna hear from m coming up after the break and what he was able to do and navigate through this trade process and how it ramped up yesterday with the talks at the Tigers and the Dodgers were able to pull off the deal for Trek Scooble eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. We'll take a break, we'll come back, we'll get to more of your phone calls, and we'll hear from Andrew Freeman himself, the man who pulled off the trade, the biggest trade here at the trade deadline. No matter what happens between now and three o'clock Pacific to tomorrow, this was the guy everybody wanted. Tarrek Scooble was the number one sought after pitching commodity at the trade deadline, and the Dodgers landed him in a three for one deal. He'll make his first start in at Dodger uniform on Tuesday at Wrigley Field. Will come back your phone calls Andrew Freeman, Dodgers. Oh yeah, by the way, got beat by the Boston Red Sox tonight eight to four. As they lose all three games to the Red Sox. BA doesn't matter. Ten game leading the division, two months to go, and Tarrek Scooble's now in a Dodger uniform. We'll continue here on an FI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Hi, It's Shoheldani. This is do just tut am five to seventy LA Sports. You're home of the Dog. Thank you show, Hey Otani, appreciate it. Dodger to continues here on an five to seventy LA Sports. The Dodgers fall to the Boston Red Sox on Sunday Night Baseball eight to four is the final Jake Bennet against the win for Boston image Shean couldn't get out of the third inning, gave up back to back home runs, three home runs to four batters over a course of seven pitches in the third and Dave Roberts has seen enough after two and two third innings, five runs, six hits, three home runs only fifty eight pitches. As the Dodgers were down early, took the lead in the second, but that lead was gone in the third, and then the Red Sox were off and running on their way to an eight to four win and a three game sweep over the Dodgers, who have now been swept twice in the last month at home. They got swept in a three game weekend series going into the All Star Break by the Arizona Diamondbacks, and now this weekend they get swept by the Boston Red Sox in a three game series. Daniels Jewlis presents the home run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card. Just visit an Phi seventy la sports dot Com, keyword home run into your name and you could Win Daniels, Jeweler's own the Dream. Sean and Rodondo Beach next up on Dodger Talk on This Sunday Night. How you doing, Sean.
Speaker 3: Doing well? First time? Long time? If my question is two parts. One, you talked about Catcher, what why can't we bring back Beton Rhdvett? And number two we've talked about trying to find a second hitter. Why not move Shoha Tani to the second spot because he's not really a threat to steal with his knee. And I feel like, because he's hitting so many home runs, we should put like Tommy Edmonds first to get on base and to get more run potential.
Speaker 2: I like both of those ideas. I appreciated Sean. You know, I love Ben Rhardvett. I love Rordy. I think he is a stud behind the plane. You're gonna draw a pitcher of a Catcher in twenty twenty six. He is that. If you're gonna, you know, go into the old encyclopedias and look up for the young kids encyclopedias where you found like factual stuff and things in history. If you were to look up Ketcher, he would look just like he'd be the description he looks like a catcher. He is a catcher. What you get offensively from him, okay, it's great, But defensively a really solid I think, just above average defensive catcher, Ben Roard fat, he'd be perfect. And I believe he's in Triple A with the New York Mets, so you'd have to go dig him out of Triple A over there, putting Tommy Edman the lead off spot, dropping Show Hey to the number two spot. I don't see them shuffling the lineup right now and moving Show Hey out of the lead off spot, just because of where he's been and how he's done and all the lead off home runs and what he does at the lead off spot when you flip that lineup around. But you know, I wouldn't hate it. I can see it. Makes sense. You put switch hitting Tommy Edman, who gets on bass, finds the gap, puts the ball in play, can get on bass at the lead off spot and leading into Show Hey bat in second I can I can see it. I could absolutely see it. Dominic and west Wood are your next up. Thanks for being patient, Dominic. I think we've got a better phone line now, all right?
Speaker 7: Can you hear me now? No more wind or any of that.
Speaker 2: All right, we got I'm doing good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's this is a tough week. Just all three of my sports teams, including the Dodgers, lost this week. But you know what, the saving grace with the Dodgers is that we're still first and we got Scooble now, so that's at least at least there's a good ending to that. But yeah, I I will say I I do agree with you with Eric. I agree one with Eric, and so I am sorry. My headset was going all off, so I I couldn't hear exactly what you said, but I do agree with you on that. But I do have one off, sort of off topic question, I guess sort of off question, but it is. It is Dodger related. The La Sparks w n B A team is having the the Dodger Night. I was gonna ask Dave this question, but he's not on tonight. I don't know if you can send him the message, but is he going to be there for the for the Dodgers Night? Because I I for sure will be there on a season ticket holder with the Sparks, so I I I for sure will be there. But I also wanted to ask you as well, will you be there? No hard feelings if you can't make it, because I have a feeling there is a game that night as well.
Speaker 2: If the game, yeah, probably won't be out there, Thanks Tomin. I appreciate the phone call. Probably won't be out there, and I cannot speak for Dave, so I'll let you address that with Dave when he's back on Dodger Talk. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the number Dodgers loose to the Red Sox eight to four. But the big news of the day is Trek Scooble. The trade became official this morning. He was in the Dodger dugout mid game, hugging Dodge Dodgers manager Dave Roberts and meeting and greeting his new team teammates there on the second step of the Dodger dugout, hanging out with Freddie Freeman, talking to some of the Dodger pitchers. I saw him in Yamamoto greet each other down underneath in the Dodgers' clubhouse, and Keiky Hernandez down there as well. So he has joined the Team's going to be on the team flight as they head now to Chicago and start a six game road trip at three against the Cubies beginning tomorrow. Tomorrow, Terrek Scooble is his scheduled to talk to the media before the series opener, and then he is scheduled to get the start on Tuesday in the second game of this three game series. And of course tomorrow at three o'clock Monday, three pm Pacific is the MLB trade deadline. We'll see if the Dodgers make any more moose. What they've done already is really really cause waves around baseball and around the sports world. As far as going out and getting Terry Schooble at the trade deadline. My guy Blake in Colorado. There he is, Blake. Welcome to Dodger Talk. How you doing, Buddy.
Speaker 9: Good? I tell what you doing today.
Speaker 2: I'm fantastic. Tarrek Schooble is a Dodger, Blake, Come on, Yeah.
Speaker 7: What do you think the God is going to need at this trade deadline?
Speaker 2: Well, I think catching could be a spot they go in an upgrade. I don't know at what level they're gonna go. If it's adi Ruchman, if it's a a pie has there in Saint Louis who they've got some depth availability to make a trade and help out the Dodgers with their depth at the catching spot. But with Dalton rushing scratch with a little bit of irritation in his elbow, Will Smith still he had three four weeks away from being ready to play against the major league level. You can make a serious case that they need to make a trade for a catcher tomorrow by three o'clock.
Speaker 6: Blake, Yeah, And I would like to see Alex calgo and they will gut and Mt.
Speaker 7: Hand Kit is really not doing that great.
Speaker 2: He struggled, no doubt about. I'd like to see Eric Lauer stay, Blake. I think he has been absolutely fantastic since coming over from the Blue Jays, and I don't mind throwing him out there once a week in a six man rotation. I don't care who's back and who's healthy. I think he has earned the right to stick around. Now, will he? We'll find out. You know, there was no guarantees when they made the trade for him. They took a flyer on him when nobody else would and they would, and you know, traded him for cash considerations and they have turned him into an absolute Jim again like he was pitching last year. Yeah, he is all right, Blake. Great to hear from you, my man. I'll be back in a couple of days as the Dodgers start a six game road trip, three in Chicago. I'll be back on Wednesday, on the getaway day.
Speaker 9: Okay, I talked to you Wednesday.
Speaker 2: God's good. My guy. Blake in Colorado checking in here on Dodger Talk. Ken at Newport Beach, Ken, Welcome to Dodger Talk. The sky is not falling, even though they lost all three to the Red Sox.
Speaker 8: I know, I got two quick things to talk about, christ Off. I spent yesterday sending messages up to about thirty people that are complaining about the Dodgers. They were ruining the game of baseball, that everything was going to change next year. And then I pointed out to them that that's my checked. Yankees won five in a row and the Bosome Suffix won eight.
Speaker 10: Room, Denny, you're alva jumping down and screaming and yelling about that that's part of the game, and complained about that, and they're going crazy.
Speaker 8: Complaining makes no sense. It just sounds like jealousy, Bros. The pictures are concerned. I don't want to see Sheen anymore. He's four and eight with a five point thirty e R. No more done history. I do like Laur a lot. He's four and all with the three R.
Speaker 10: There's no comparison between the two.
Speaker 8: So lease eat Blower, please say goodbye? Does she Han? And would go on hey to bad three games? But those things happen.
Speaker 2: Ye all right, Ken, great to hear from you. Well, I talk to you in a couple days, budd, I appreciate it. He brings up a great point. And before we get to Andrew Freeman here in his pregame comments with David Abatt, say about how he pulled off this trade. Keep in mind there's a lot of griping. There's a lot of people around baseball. There are a lot of sports fans, sports pundits, so called experts, and list talk show host everybody complaining about the Dodgers. Oh, how did the Dodgers get trek'scoogle? How did the Tigers trade him to the Dodge? Why would they do that? How are they letting the rich get richer? Listen, folks, it was as a trade involves two parties and they have to agree upon it. To make it happen, every other team in baseball, the twenty eight other teams that weren't a part of this one on one trade, had the opportunity to look at their farm system, to look at their team at the major league level, and put together a package they felt was good enough to land at terrek'schooble. Now, the Tigers are going to choose which packers they want to go with. And I don't know how many teams were involved in the actual bidding for a Terrek Schooble, but the Tigers felt the Dodgers package was the best. You may look at that package and say, that's it, that's it. Why didn't the Brewers do more? Why didn't the Yankees get involved? How come the Rays with all that young talent and the great Pharmer system, how come they didn't get him? Well, the Tigers didn't feel like it was good enough in return. And that's all that matters, is what the Detroit Tigers wanted. The Dodgers had to ask for a trade and get the permission of the Tigers, who they're the ones controlling everything. They have to present them with the trade and the other teams the one has got to sign off on it, not the other way around. The Dodgers presented who they felt was a good a lot of the players for a trade for Trek Scooble, and they signed off and made a trade between the two of them. I don't want to hear the griping anymore. I don't want to hear the whining and complaining from baseball people, baseball fans, and people out there saying they're ruining the game. If this were free agency and they just went out and said, here's a blank check, you fill it in. Trek Scooble, come join our team. Okay, we can sit there and have an argument about, all right, this isn't fair. They've got a blank checkbook and everybody else is just fighting for second. But there are a lot of teams out there spending money in Major League Baseball, and there are a lot of teams that should be spending more money across Major League Baseball, but their owners don't want to. They've got the money, they just don't want to spend it. The Dodgers are on ownership that want to spend it and put it back into their team, and they're smart about the decisions they make. Are they gonna hit on everyone. No, a lot of grip, and he complaining here on Dodger talk about it, certain Kyle Tucker and how he hasn't lived up to his massive deal. Shoe Ao Tani certainly has the trades for rookie Betts, you know, the signing to Freddie Freeman, the trades that brought him, the players that they flipped in for Trek Scooble. I don't see Buddy complaining about the Matt Baty trade and the Michael Bush trade. They got him River Ryan and Zayer Hope in those trades. They turned around and use that trade equity to then bundle up and get Trek Scooble. Every other team could have done that. We look at the Baseball Top one hundred minor league prospects. The Dodgers had what nine on there. They're still a lot of players from a lot of other teams that are still in the top one hundred list in which the scouts and teams all look at and ranked players. So there are other teams that could have got involved. But hey, it was the Detroit Tiger's decision on who they felt with the best return for Terrek Schouble, and they felt like the Dodgers were the best in return. That's it can't complain that the Dodgers did anything wrong. They put together a trader proposal and the Detroit Tigers are the one They had to accept it, and they did, and the Dodgers had to give up something to get him. And we'll see in a few years what Zayier hope is, we'll see what River Ryan's able to turn into. And I think he's a really good young guy and a good young man off the field, and I hope the best for all the three of those now former Dodgers. All right. Earlier today, Andrew Freeman caught up with David Vassay to talk about how in the world he landed Terrek Schouble.
Speaker 11: I think yesterday afternoon, even then, I would say that I was more confident, but not confident. You have no idea exactly what other teams were offering. And obviously it's in Scott Harris's entry to make it seem like it's more from other teams, and you know, he's probably saying that to every team. But we knew that what we put out there was aggressive and there was no way that someone was beating it by a lot and so then the question was, you know, obviously how they see our guys, and you know, just through conversation felt reasonably confident. But until he called and said, hey, we have a deal, I wasn't sure.
Speaker 2: We all know how good Schooble is when he's on the mound, but you obviously witnessed what made Cruse shot great. It wasn't just every fifth day, but the way he competed in the weight room, the way he pushed and had everybody feel that accountability to do the same.
Speaker 7: It feels like Schooble's that type of guy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, everything we've gotten on the guy, the makeup the competitor is as good as you could ask for, which in turn made us even more aggressive and trying to require him. That's like watching him last October gave me goosebumps. I love watching playoff baseball, especially when I don't care about the outcome. I hate watching our games, but love watching others, And it gave me goosebumps watching him compete last October. You could feel the energy through the TV and just the way he goes after hitters. It's rare to have that combination of power to your stuff and also feel in command. So to have that kind of dominant stuff and not walk guys, challenge hitters in the strike zone, be able to throw pitches kind of on to off to get miss. It's exactly how you draw it up. And he is incredibly talented and really excited about watching him compete in Dodger Blue.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Andrew Freeman with David Vassa earlier today, I are on Dodgers on deck? Is Trek Google is now wearing a Dodger uniform. Whether you like it or not, Baseball World, he is a Dodger and he's here for the rest of the season, and the Dodgers are pushing for a back to back to back championship run. All right, is he? Is he in Anaheim? Our final call the night on this Sunday after the Dodgers get beat by the Red Sox eight to four, they get swept in this three game series. But it's all right, Trek Scoogle's here, is he? Yeah?
Speaker 9: That's great? Yeah, it's really great. Who care? But I hate leading to any leading to Boston. But whatever, I'll live through it. But no, listen, hey, I'm so I'm glad that now we did that. But then telling you what, we need an extra We need an extra catcher, we really do.
Speaker 7: So I hate to.
Speaker 9: See that hours go, but we have to go then and go. So but yeah, and we'll see how this week go. They're gonna have a tough, tough week, so at least at least what's the cargo. So we'll see how this week go.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be We're gonna be an interesting road trip. It's gonna be a tough six games, is he. There's no doubt about it. They're going to two teams in two cities here that are fighting for wildcard spots in the National League. In fact, they're both holding on to a wildcard spot of the National League, and the Cubs and the Diamondbacks both teams really out of their divisional races at the moment. The Diamonbacks ten games back and the Cubbies, I believe we six and a half games back in the NL Central but again leading the wildcard race in the National League. So they got a lot to play for. They're hungry. The Diamondbacks just swept the Dodgers in the three games right before the All Star break at Dodger Stadium. I mentioned it during the course of the first half of the season. If the Diamondbacks were still in the playoff race, I thought they'd be a contender for Trek Scooble. Certainly they can still go out and get a starting pitching. There's been a couple of trades already before the trade deadline. Trek School will being the big win, of course for the Dodgers. But we've already seen Kevin Gosman go to the Cubs, Luis Castillo go from Seattle to the White Sox, Freddy Peralta going from the Mets to the Tampa Bay Ray. So pitching has been the thing that has gone first so far. As we get closer and closer to the three pm trade deadline tomorrow, so we'll see what else happens between then and now. That's gonna do it for Dodger to talk to night. Many thanks to Colin you, thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show and they can stay. Andrew Freeman for a giving us a little insight there about the trade process for Arrek Scooble and how it went down and how yesterday and it presented the trade and we're waiting to hear back from the Tigers' front office and finally did. And as he said, until you hear we have a deal, you don't have a deal. And the Dodgers were able to get it done. And now Trek schools, we're at number twenty nine. We're in a Dodger uniform today and we'll be wearing a Dodger uniform the rest of twenty twenty six. And again we'll be making his Dodger debut Tuesday at Ridleyfield in Chicago, game two of a three game set. That series starts Monday tomorrow in Chicago. Justin Robleski, Matthew Boyd de bitching matchup, Murano Cassino, Dodgers on deck. We'll get our sucover started at four pm Pacific, First pitch from the Windy City at five oh five until tomorrow. Please have a safe rest here Sunday night, so everybody