Speaker 1: I talk about the Rocket Classic. What do you got going on with the Rocket Classic pl official?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so I am the official ambassador for Rockets twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. I appreciate it much love, much love.
Speaker 2: I've been golfing for around six years now, obviously, you know, you know I'll take it serious. I practice every single day. I've got a simulator in my garage. Golf is very near and dear to me, and it's a part of my sobriety story.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I stopped drinking in twenty twenty one and picked up golf clubs.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, which is amazing because I gotta be honest with you, there's a lot of alcohol on a golf course.
Speaker 3: Oh a ton. So that's yeah, really, so you used this.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm going to get good at golf as I don't need to have this substance in my body.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, And that's no knock to anyone who drinks. I'm totally comfortable with people drinking around me. I'll never touch alcohol again and it's definitely a big thanks to golf.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, Rocket rocket.
Speaker 2: Man is something that is a blessing from that from me stopping drinking and picking up the golf club and here we are, you know, five six years later, I'm the official ambassador for a PGA event in the beautiful city of the people.
Speaker 1: Don't understand that one of the coolest events, and actually you do understand because many go.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's you know, tens.
Speaker 1: Of thousands of people that go to the Rocket Classic every single year. It's one of the most fun weekends in the city. And it's such a cool thing to have it in the city because the PGA typically was not in the city. The PGA was always playing games out in Bloomfield at Oakland Hill's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like outside of the limits. And that's that's really what's important. The model for this year is undeniably Detroit. Obviously, like you said, it's one of the biggest summer events in the city. We definitely want all of you guys to come out. So everyone here is personally invited to every single day. July thirty through August second is the dates. But you guys are totally invited. I got Combana on fifteen fifteen, Yes, totally.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Do you think that they're going harder this year now that it was announced that this is the last year. I don't think they're going harder.
Speaker 2: I think that Detroit has always been involved in sports, and I know that personally. I think you guys know that personally, and I think that going hard is something that's synonymous with Detroit. We're always gonna go hard for for anything that we're doing, So going harder, no, I do feel like that that makes it a little bit more personal for Detroit. But regardless, I think that it's just gonna be a great event, hands down.
Speaker 1: I saw the stat of how many charities and how much money Dan Gilbert and the great people at the Rocket Classic have raised. I mean, there's millions upon millions of dollars that are going to Detroit charities and helping out kids in Detroit.
Speaker 3: I really hope.
Speaker 1: That that you know, and I know that Dan will figure out a way to do it, but I hope that they carry that torch with something else that comes. Why are you trying to take it away to I think that I think that I know, I don't know. I don't think. I don't want to put pl in this positionst me.
Speaker 2: Let me, I'm really good at this. I'm really good at this. I think that we should just focus on the positive guarding Rocket Classic. And the reason that I think that we should focus on the positive is because it's about Detroit, you know what I'm saying. And it highlights Detroit, highlights the city. It highlights the people who are doing great things in the city. Like Joe Hooks. He's yeah, you know what's up with Joe. Joe is a professional golfer that will be playing in Rocket this year. This is his second year playing off of a sponsor exemption.
Speaker 3: Joe went to you a d uh. He graduated from Wayne State.
Speaker 2: Joe balled yet last year he didn't make the cut, but this year he will. And I guarantee that Joe is super ready. I just I just was talking to Joe. So shout out to Joe. You got to do me a favor.
Speaker 1: There's a young man that I play with that has been such a honestly encouragement for me and my kids, Grant Hafner.
Speaker 3: Grant. Grant played in the US Open this year. He made the cut.
Speaker 1: He actually yes, and he's a local kid, also a Wayne Steak kid. And you got to figure out some way to talk to Mark Hollis or any of those guys. We got to get Grant Haffner in there too. It's one of those exemptions because it is really awesome to see the professionals that are out there. You know, the people that you see on TV all time, but to get the local you know in there and to be able to see maybe a dream come true.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it is awesome.
Speaker 1: And I want to.
Speaker 4: Say, I'm not a golfer. I think I've golfed maybe a few holes once in my life. This event is so fun even if you are not a golfer. The food, the people, the DGC Detroit Golf Club is freaking beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 3: Let's let's definitely talk about this. It's a fund.
Speaker 2: The spent sixteen million dollars renovating the course. So there's two courses, the South and the North at Detroit Detroit Golf Club, and the north course will be played for Rocket this year and it's totally revamped. They did that to make the course way more difficult. People were saying that the course was easy to play in this year. All of the greens, all eighteen greens, are totally different. Everything's crazy. The bunkers, some of the bunkers are ten eleven feet tall.
Speaker 3: They're taller than you. Yeah, crazy yeah?
Speaker 1: Is there a ladder getting in and out of elevator?
Speaker 3: What are the dates again? July thirty through August second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta pull up man pl official definitely asking the.
Speaker 3: City to pull up too for sure.
Speaker 1: Follow follow on social media. You are the official ambassador the Rocket Classic. Yeah yeah, yeah, I love it, buddy. Thanks for coming in, hey, and thank you for having me. I got some merch for you. Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I will be bringing some stuff for you guys too, Anna, Shannon cav I got something for you right now and everybody else to just let me know the sizes Rocketclassic dot com. Please visit Rocketclassic dot com and get advanced tickets until June thirty.
Speaker 1: And I will not let Kevin win when we golf together. Not gonna have channing thirty under thirty in the morning.