Speaker 1: Good morning. Hello, sleepy, sleepy little girl.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I sleepy sleep Hi, wakey wakey eggs and baky.
Speaker 1: My mom used my alarm.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, oh, my mom would come in every morning, David, you go into school?
Speaker 1: Like I had a choice.
Speaker 2: That was her weather was my wake up every morning, David, David, you go into school? And I was like, yeah, you wouldn't get up. That was my alarm clock. That was just what she said. My mom would get up. My dad would leave for working about four or fifteen in the morning. And so this was back in the day when women get up and made their husband bacon and eggs and pancakes for breakfast at four o'clock in the morning, and then he would go to school. Then she would get up and do laundry and things like that. And she had a bunch of kids to wake up, six of us, to be exact. And so I was I think one of the last ones, David, do you go into school? Oh still brings back nightmares, but you know, in a loving sort of way.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday. It is cold outside, it is ten.
Speaker 2: The good news is the Vikings just smothered the commanders yesterday thirty one to nothing.
Speaker 3: That's the key to win a Vikings game. They just have to go against the Commanders. If they could it every week, Yes, exactly. The Packers also won yesterday.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah they won. Did not like my outfits to day? See the Packers?
Speaker 4: Yeah, rollback sweatshirt where I've got FARV stomping on the Bears.
Speaker 1: How old is that shirt? I have no idea.
Speaker 4: My sister was going to get rid of it one time, and I stole it and made it a crop sweatshirt and I love it.
Speaker 1: And now they're number one in the NFC, so they are.
Speaker 2: The Bears are doing well too. The Kansas City Chiefs lost last night, which I was happy to see. I don't dislike the Chiefs at all. I'm just bored with the Chiefs. I like Patrick Mahomes and I like Travis Kelcey. I'm just bored with them. You know, dynasties are boring. So that's football corner here on Katie with you be. We come in every Monday, just like you. We take a bunch of pictures on our phone and then we post them up and they tell a little story. My picture is there's five of them and you can see them on Dave Ryan Show Instagram or Dave Ryanshow dot com. Friday night, went on a Christmas Lights bus tour and we all packed onto a bus and then we drove around Chan and Shockapee and we saw Christmas lights and at one point I was up in the front. I took a picture of everybody on the bus and that was probably one of my favorite pictures of the weekend, at least the one that tells the most story. So that is mine. You can see that on Dave Ryan Show on Instagram. Bailey, what was your favorite picture in the story?
Speaker 1: It tells?
Speaker 5: Mine is of my debate team. So this weekend was the end of debate season. We had our state tournament. I brought ten novice debaters and four of them made an octo final, which is the best, honestly that Moundsview Debate has ever done in the four years that I've had a debate team. Well, congratulate, very exciting and nobody likes shut out lost. Everybody won at least two of their five rounds, which honestly, I.
Speaker 1: Think is pretty dope.
Speaker 2: Give me a debate topic right now, what do they debate? Jenny and I will go back and forth. What was one of the debate topics.
Speaker 5: We have this is the debate topic of this second half of the was that the US military said should substantially reduce military commitment to South Korea.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, high school.
Speaker 3: Actual can't debate that they should they shouldn't exactly.
Speaker 5: You had to like research it and come up with you had to debate both sides.
Speaker 2: It was it a surprise topic or did you get Oh, you get a chance to research it.
Speaker 1: We have tons of time to research.
Speaker 2: Okay, go I say, I really have no Jenny, what was your best picture in the story behind it?
Speaker 4: I would say my favorite one from the weekend was definitely from our live podcast. It's just of the audience from the stage view of us, and I feel like we had so much fun at our live podcast.
Speaker 1: So I just want to give a shout out to everyone who came to that.
Speaker 2: It was so great. Seriously, we were so like not nervous about it. We were just concerned. We wanted it to be good and like anything like if you're planning a party and you were like really nervous that you wanted to go, well, it usually does, and so it really did and everybody had a great time. Things went smoothly. We had some laughs, We had some pizza things to Elligott and Domino's and Mike and in secretary Brie and everybody who showed up to help us out.
Speaker 1: It was so fun.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear the podcast, it's on the iHeartRadio app just search Minnesota Goodbye. It was about an hour long or so, so it was very very cool. Vaught what's your favorite picture and the story behind it?
Speaker 3: My girlfriend on Lissa's dad is in town and it's so so cool just to have family visiting for the weekend. So it's her birthdays in two weeks, but he came to celebrate it now. Because price is for flights we more expensive, we threw her a surprise birthday party. I coordinated with two of her friends that she works with, and her dad knew what was up.
Speaker 1: I went and ordered.
Speaker 3: Hope Breakfast, and I went and got balloons and all these flowers and stuff.
Speaker 1: And she had no idea.
Speaker 3: She thought she was coming to pick me up so we could go take him to visit her job. And she walked in and we yelled surprise, and she was so confused, but she deserves the world.
Speaker 1: Was this at your place? At our apartment. Ye okay, Wow, that's very cool.
Speaker 2: Go see the pictures online on Dave Ryan Show on Instagram or Dave Ryanshow dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Life podcast was probably the highlight of my Probably it's so weird for us to do a show in front of people that are watching, because the thing about radio is we don't see you, but we know you're there. But this time it was like fun to look out and see expressions in here, laughter and get questions and it was just really a cool experience. We definitely want to do it again, but if we do it too often, I'm worried the next time we do it, like four people will show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll be like, Okay, the novelty is worn off. We already did it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We got so many messages from people being like, oh my gosh, I wish I could have been there, Like people who don't listen to the Minnesota Goodbye necessarily and they didn't know about it because you had to listen to the Minnesota Goodbye to know about it.
Speaker 3: This is like the first time, maybe second, that we've talked about it on the show.
Speaker 2: This right now, if you never heard of the Minnesota Goodbys and after the show podcast. A lot of people like it better than the Morning Show. I don't know why. It's a little bit more free wheeling. We do get to swear if we want to. A couple of f bombs dropped here and there. Just search Minnesota. Goodbye on the iHeartRadio app. Today. It's going to be cloudy. There's flurries already in a high of a balmy twenty one degrees. We are in the thick of it. That's just the way it is, and we'll be right back on KTWB. Stay here, look four.
Speaker 1: Let's see how want it takes Dave to try and.
Speaker 4: Show you his biceps The Dave Ryan Show on KTWB.
Speaker 2: I do have twenty one inch pipes, just to let you know that time you measure them. Well, the last tape measure was not big enough. So it's been a couple of weeks. Now show no you shut up, no you No. Vikings won yesterday. The Gophers can play in the Rate Bowl on December twenty sixth. I've never heard of the Rate Bowl. There's all there, there's all, but you know what, at least the Gophers are in a bowl game. That's awesome. Good for you. Go golphers I found. I want you to go, if you get a chance, go on my Instagram and look at what chat gpt did with the picture of Roger and Bernie. Have you seen this picture? Yeah, I took a picture of the cat and dog in front of the fireplace. I'm trying to get a Christmas hard together, and of course, you know it always looks kind of like, you know, not very good. So I had chat gpt turned Roger that's my cat, and the dog Bernie into like an animated, fun, little happy thing, and chat gpt killed it. Yeah, it looks very dope.
Speaker 5: Oh, because I thought Roger's eyeballs looked like a kid drew them.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah, he's got like one wonky eye. And I thought it killed it. That it's going to be the cover of my Christmas card. And so if you want it, just a little hint for you, if you have chat gpt and you want to turn any picture of your family or your kids or whatever your pets into a Christmas card, I figured out how.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 3: I am excited because we Alyssa, my girlfriend, and are dog Ava. We went to a brewery to take Christmas photos with Santa with Ava, and it was complicated because she was scared of him. Yep, but we finally got them back. And so I'm glad you're doing Christmas cards because we are too. We should do a show Christmas card.
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 2: We should do a show Christmas card and we'll animate it so we all look cute. Yes, you all look the dormause otherwise, right, you wont string the pot early on a Monday morning. I don't know if we're ready for this or not, but here to stir the pot. Here's sponge.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm always ready to stir the pot. If your dog jumps on me at the dog park, I have permission to push it off me. You can't get mad at me, be like, no, don't touch my dog. No, get your dog off me, Beach. I would agree, Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 2: I mean, but at the same time, you're at a dog park where you're gonna expect things like that once in a while. But if your dog is like being aggressive or whatever, then yeah, I have a right to put and you have a right to push my dog off of you too.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: You'd be so surprised how many Karen's are like, oh, don't touch my dog, or like when my puppy Ava and their puppy Stanley, they're getting a little rough and they're playing and I pull both dogs apart.
Speaker 1: Can you please just not touch my dog next time?
Speaker 3: Can you please tell Stanley to back up? Wow, Stanley, your little b word.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not pushing no dog. I'm just gonna take their little paws. I'm gonna lift them up and i'mlet's set them on the ground and be like no, no.
Speaker 3: Depending on how big the dog is, you're gonna push that dog get off of mean prints one falls.
Speaker 1: The fence.
Speaker 4: I agree, you can push a dog off. I've just never experienced had in crabby people like that at the dog park.
Speaker 1: I think everyone would.
Speaker 4: Expect you to do that because I get so stressed if I bring a dog and they're jumping on people, I'm like, no, stop, get over here.
Speaker 3: What's so fascinating to me is how many times I will go to the dog park indoor one, mainly outdoor ones, but sometimes indoor ones too, and the owners will just sit on a bench and hold their puppy and not let them go, like get loose.
Speaker 1: So then my puppy a will because she's like, oh, another dog.
Speaker 3: She'll go over and try to sniff lick, and the lady will be like, mm hm, come here, come here, comm here. They're dogs at a dog park. They're gonna play. Why dog to the park. Just sit at the bench and be upset when my dog goes over and have to.
Speaker 1: Play with them. It's depressing. Like Okay, let's go to the aquarium and you're gonna sit on this bench. What how about this?
Speaker 2: You take your kid to a playground and you make them sit on a bench with mom, and all the other kids are having fun.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine look at all the other kids having fun, Sally Joe. Yeah, it sure looks fun. Mom, it's like torture. Let them run around. Let it jump around.
Speaker 5: Bind.
Speaker 3: If you're at a park, like an a regular park with kids and somebody like you and your kid and some other kid are rough housing, do you do the same thing.
Speaker 1: With the kid? Do you pull the kid? Push the kid off? Yeah? The other kid, no, I would take its little pause and I would lift them up. And yeah, thank you at for sharing the pot. Coming up Christmas wish.
Speaker 2: I've noticed something on Christmas wish you guys, and this is very very interesting and This is kind of developed over the last few maybe to top to ten years or so. I was calling so many Christmas wish people last night and one of the first questions I asked is, well, where do they live, because we want to make sure they live within a radius that we can actually deliver. And they're like, okay, well they live in you know, Cottage Grove.
Speaker 1: Okay, great? And do they have a GoFundMe? Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you know how much the GoFundMe is? Yeah, they raised about fifteen thousand dollars. And immediately I said, I hope you understand that is going to disqualify them for a Christmas wish. Just do the p click, hang up, and I said, and they are always kind and understanding. And then I talked to another one. They're home burned down and I was like, oh my god, this is terrible. They need they need everything. Do they have a GoFundMe?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How much did they raise? Well, they've raised probably about thirty to forty thousand dollars. I said, this is somebody who does not need a Christmas wish from us. Sure they could use it, of course they could, but they're getting help from other places. So I did find a lot though, where it's like their insurance isn't covering everything. Somebody is sick, there's been a death in the family, the breadwinner is not able to work, and there are just holes and there are gaps, and it's like, yeah, they're really struggling. And a lot of people put together a GoFundMe and they might get four hundred dollars. Well, we can still help somebody who got four hundred dollars. But if you want to help somebody on Christmas Wish, we have another one coming up later this morning about seven thirty a live Christmas Wish as it happens, and you can still there's plenty of time to nominate somebody for Christmas Wish, but if they do have a GoFundMe, then I would say probably let somebody else get do the Christmas Wish.
Speaker 1: And please stop nominating yourself or there are a lot of people nominating themselves.
Speaker 4: I went through like seventy submissions yesterday and j that's just not how it works.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, it just isn't.
Speaker 4: So please do not nominate yourself, and please be within the Twin Cities natural area, because there were also people from Mississippi in there. Yeah, and New York, and we just unfortunately don't have the means to deliver that far away.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the thing is we're being very careful with your money, so you're not allowed to nominate yourself because that's just not the way it works. It's to help someone else out. But if you know somebody who's like, oh my gosh, yes, we want to help out this family, like my kid's bus driver. His wife is dying of cancer and they really are strapped, and they're you know, he's driving a bus for extra money or whatever, then let us know. And those are the ones we love to help. Go online KDWB dot com, slash wish, ride out a nomination and we'll call you and set the whole thing up. We need a sing along song of the morning. What do you want to sing along with? Give us an idea that text in some song that you'd love to sing along with, and we'll play it for you next. The text number is kd WB one. What do you want to sing along with? Give us an idea and we'll do it next. The girl Jenny on the Dave Ryan in the Morning Show one oh one point three kd w B. We have a request for a sing a long song of the day, And I really like this one. It is from Cher kind of a new Christmas song. It came out a year or two ago. It's DJ play a Christmas song. Let's sing along. It's share on KDWB. That's you sing a long song on one O one point three kd WUB. And if you want to hear Christmas music all the time, then it's on Cool.
Speaker 1: What are you eating?
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's a brownie? Did you know it's National Brownie Day today? I just heard that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did you come up with a brownie? I just look over and Bailey, who is always eating, She's like a raccoon digging through your trash. She's got a brownie with melted marshmallows and shredded nuts on top.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: VAMT brought in a bunch of treats and then he put them in like a little, you know, fast food container and then wrote on them from vont so that everyone who eats them knows that it's from Vonn.
Speaker 1: Just let you know that I'm contributing to your Monday being better whatever. I got credit too. I was excited. Did you hear the same thing?
Speaker 5: As me.
Speaker 4: I got like a little key lime pie thing, and there's a key Lime pie who's already had.
Speaker 1: One if you want it, Yeah, there might not be anymore.
Speaker 3: We went to it's called Dukes on seven. It's Hi Minetaka and they have like this igloo pop up thing.
Speaker 1: They have them. We went to one at Crave a couple of years ago together. Oh yeah we did. And they have this dessert board.
Speaker 3: It had what's it's carrot cake and brownies and key lime target all this stuff. But the Igloo experience itself ten out of ten definitely recommend you go, Oh well, it's delicious.
Speaker 2: We got Buffalo Wild Wings, a little chicken place, a little mom and pop chicken place, delivered to the house on Friday Saturday night, and let me tell you Buffalo Wild and we had it delivered and exquisite. Shout out to the chef over the kitchen at Buffalo Wild.
Speaker 1: Can they like shorten the name to It's a good idea we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Let's you can't make this stuff up on Katie kd W. How do you string the lights on your Christmas tree? Do you walk around the tree and hang them horizontally or do you do it vertically, from top to bottom, back and forth, back and forth. If you said horizontally, the experts say you're doing it wrong. What they say, the trees are gonna have better coverage and therefore need fewer lights if you do it vertically. Also, the lights will be less likely to get tangled and caught on branches and ornaments.
Speaker 1: They say.
Speaker 2: If you want efficiency and a modern, evenly look lit, look go vertically. For a more traditional, warmer look, go horizontal. Definitely go horizontal. I go around the back of the tree, around the back of the tree, winding, winding, winding. There's never quite enough to make it to the top, so I have to adjust it or get a new string of lights out. It's always a little bit uneven, but I always go vertically. Sounds like it looks wrong, But also I have a qualm with what you said. I feel like you should start from the top and then go down. Oh really, that's not a bad idea. We always start from the bottom because it's closer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, makes sense. Let's work to begin with exactly.
Speaker 2: We were looking through ornaments yesterday, and we've lived long enough to accumulate so many ornaments of like there's one of Carson. It's a picture of him. He's wearing a reindeer antler hat and he was probably in kindergarten. He brought it home from school. Then there's ones that Alison made and Beth made and Chase painted a little ceramic Christmas tree, and they're just adorable. I'll tell you something that is your sentimental that is your keepsake collection right there of the ornaments your kids made when they were in school, Do you have an ornament that you made, Bailey.
Speaker 1: When you were in school.
Speaker 5: Plenty of them, for sure, on both my mom and my dad's trees, things that we've made. And my mom she used to like every year, buy me and my sister an ornament for our future tree, for like our home that we were going to have eventually someday, and she has them all in a box. And I don't have a home or a real tree and a family and things.
Speaker 1: So that's that my mom's house for when that day finally, Jenny, you have a little tree, a little end, not a tree, a little ornament you made in school.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 4: I don't know where my mom has all the stuff or if she got rid of it, because we probably told her she could if she wanted to. So I'm not sure if she still has all that, but she probably does.
Speaker 1: Those are the cutest ones. Yeah, I thought, I don't maybe my parents don't love me. Well, that's probably something you got to think about. It could be that is.
Speaker 2: You can't make this stuff up. On KD double ub it is time now for by the way, that's brought to you by the Leo Agency. Shout out to the Leo Agency. What's a couple of guys who were put together a real estate little companies.
Speaker 4: At the story you need a real estate agent? Hire them Leoagency dot com. And they're change in the way real estate is?
Speaker 1: Are they now? Are they? Okay?
Speaker 2: It is the Monday morning dance party on KD double be just something little get you going, Maybe dance around the kitchen, get your kids to dance around the kitchen before they go to school. Whatever it is the Monday morning dance party on Katie w B.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't ask it. Explain now this dance. Two buttons are right next to each other and Daddy Bear hit the wrong button. So it happens. Start sponsored by six one two Injured Timer and Lambert's Injury law on Katie W B.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift was at the Kansas City Chiefs game last night. Watched your boyfriend's team lose. They showed her briefly through a foggy, blurry press box, sweet window, and that was really all that I saw of that one. The Chiefs did lose last night, uh, and I'm okay with that. Packers won. Here is their game winning touchdown.
Speaker 1: Third and gold. It is Jacobs. Josh Jacobs is in touchdown.
Speaker 2: Packers And for equal time, we have a Vikings clip too, number nine.
Speaker 4: Those fines Oliver who touchdown day And I was said, just a rhythm that was created for JJ in the passing day was perfect quick stike Hockenson stays on his feet touchdown. It might be an.
Speaker 1: Early four quarter tagger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirty one to nothing. Vikings needed that. The fans needed that one. They haven't seen a good win like that in a long time.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of people might not necessarily care about her, but she was just on Dancing with the Stars. Alex Earl is like a huge TikToker, blew up as an influencer, and then I think she came in second.
Speaker 5: Bailly.
Speaker 1: Maybe you remember for.
Speaker 4: She was one of the top people. Well, her and her boyfriend Broxton Barrios broke up, and there's a lot of rumors going on, of course on TikTok, and that's where she got famous that he was like jealous of her getting on Dancing with the Stars because there's there's a lot of drama from his ex girlfriend where she came out and said he was a ragy narcissist. And what do narcissists not like the attention being taken away from them when she got on Dancing with the Stars and really started blowing up, they say that it like hurt potentially.
Speaker 1: These are the speculation rumors.
Speaker 4: He wasn't about that, and now they are officially done so and we're saying out partied in Miami this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just like, what a weird thing to be like jealous of, Like, I cant believe you got on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: It's not fair I didn't get on dance.
Speaker 4: Well, he's an NFL player, so you know, the spotlight got taken off of him. He's not a good NFL player, mind you, he's just there.
Speaker 5: Sher might be getting married after fifty years at the end of her second marriage. She says she's reportedly ready to tie the knot with her boyfriend that she's had for a while now. He is thirty nine years old and Share is seventy nine years old. That's a forty year age difference there. But someone says that they are both ready to commit to each other.
Speaker 1: He's ready to commit to that money is what he's meaning to exactly. That just seems like, okay, forty years Wow, what a what a difference. I mean, SHARE's pretty hot for seventy nine.
Speaker 2: I mean yes, I mean, if you see her up close, she looks seventy nine years old with bad plastic surgery and the crape paper face and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: So no she does. I mean, come on, she's seventy nine years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Speaking of huge age gaps too, Dick Van Dyke and his wife are like forty something years apart as well. She's in her fifties and he is about to turn one hundred on Saturday. Yeah, and he said that the way that he has gotten to his old age is that he got rid of booze and cigarettes and that's why he's still here.
Speaker 4: That's the first time I've heard someone say something like that usually when they are that age, you're like, ah, you know, I drink a whiskey on the rocks the day, every single day.
Speaker 1: How much debt are the Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 3: And that's the question of the internet this weekend because they drop the teaser for Camp Rock three and we have a little clip.
Speaker 1: Music friendship Memories. We'll back exactly where we're supposed to be. Still no birthouse.
Speaker 3: The birdhouse thing is a reference to something Kevin said in the first movie. I think this could be cool, but it's just so many random things that they have going on. This and the Jonas Brother's Christmas movie. It's like, how much debt are you guys actually in right now?
Speaker 5: So I asked you guys last week, are the Jonas Brothers like still relevant for what they started their like journey in, which was like music?
Speaker 1: You know, I think, right, did they start in music or did they start they started music? Yeah? Yeah, I had to watch Kevin Hart.
Speaker 3: Kevin Jonas did this interview this weekend on Zach Saying, who interviews a lot of pop stars, and he's talking a lot about you know, the Jonas brothers. Household name was bigger for the longest period of time than their actual music was, yeah, which I'd argue is true.
Speaker 1: They have their first number one song, it's He'll Sucker six years.
Speaker 5: Ago, right, So now they just kind of seem relevant just because they're the Jonas brother I think so.
Speaker 2: But they're lovable, They're likable everybody. There's nobody who's like, I hate the Jonas Brothers, whereas like Cardi b. Is very divisive somebody like that or you know whatever. But even if you don't love the Jonas Brothers, you like the Jonas Brothers. And they and they're multi branded or faceted. They do they do movies, they do TV show, they've done stuff in the past, and they.
Speaker 1: Still do music. So culturally relevant, I have brothers, which is really you Rique.
Speaker 5: I asked a bunch of youths this weekend because that's what'spent on my mind, is like, are the Jonas Brothers relevant?
Speaker 1: And they said yeah, but like not necessarily with us, but yeah, yeah, sure I know who they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is the dirt brock you by six y one two injured Heimer and Lammer's injury law. Would you let someone who doesn't have anywhere else to go move in with you? One of us on the show is facing a situation where we know someone who doesn't have anywhere else to live, and this person on the show is thinking about letting this person move in with them. We'll get the details, but I want to hear whether you think it's a good idea or a bad idea, And maybe you've experienced this yourself out of the kindness of your heart. Maybe a winch is fine, or maybe it backfired. We'll talk about this and who is it anyway next