Speaker 1: You can join camp fans.
Speaker 2: Eric nordquists This Sunday Grace Food Hall for a Purple Watch party. Kickoff is just afternoon as Minnesota takes on New York. Great food called drinks. Your chance to win prizes every quarter.
Speaker 1: Do not miss it.
Speaker 2: This Sunday Grace Food Haul pull details a k f a n dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: Mark Parish is here, John kriesel Mark Parish, Mark Paris, John kriesel Mark Parish, Tommy Elsen, Tommy Elsen, Mark Parrish.
Speaker 1: Hi, Hi, Hi Kai? But this is sexy, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Are you sitting blue right now?
Speaker 1: This sounds like this sounds like old school Spice channel.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, hey, welcome to spice h.
Speaker 1: Oh got the wind chimes too? Or the chimes?
Speaker 4: Just hi, bab.
Speaker 6: Sauce. Do your best Barry White impression?
Speaker 1: Oh, Berry White for sure. What I don't like to say problem is towards the end he needed.
Speaker 7: Like, very good morning, all are we doing?
Speaker 8: All of his songs started out to with him just explain.
Speaker 1: He's like, I just want to feel you all. I want you to kiss me.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: He wanted to make sure that she knew her rights.
Speaker 1: Check your oil, Like where believe he.
Speaker 6: Was looking for consent.
Speaker 10: Everybody to know on record that I said that I was going to have sex with dude.
Speaker 1: Was just a smooth operator.
Speaker 8: Problem is, near the end he had to wear like a king size, a California king sized bed sheet to cover him because he was just a building.
Speaker 10: No, I'm thinking of somebody else. Barry White wasn't on the cartoon, right, Oh, chef, No, that was.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but Verry White like I'm going to love you a little more, the all time greatest charge, great lyrics and just gets it going. Man, oh yeah, how many children we are on this planet because Barry White's bangers?
Speaker 3: Probably many? Yeah, what were one of those? Like you know those lead ups, those ramp ups? What did those sound like again Barry White? Yeah, Like Crisa was just referencing how he normally started his songs.
Speaker 6: How did those go?
Speaker 9: Hey, I'm gonna sit down and we're gonna stud kissing and then kiss That's all I need.
Speaker 1: I'll be done.
Speaker 3: What that sounds way more like a gall that's smoking thirty cigarettes an hour for forty straight demo, because I don't, Yeah, a.
Speaker 9: Lady that smoked thirty cigarettes an hour would hawk an hour because she also a recording artist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, been sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sounds like one of her hands.
Speaker 3: And you know, speaking of speaking of mouths, is your wife's jaw brag?
Speaker 4: One good point.
Speaker 9: She was wearing it a little bit yesterday, but she has rebounded very nicely from get her wisdom teeth out. You would never know she had him out. Tommy, are you willing to wear a job?
Speaker 7: Ra?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Of course? Do you own one? No? No job? No job? Would you wear an accommodator like I sent him? Yeah? What's it's okay?
Speaker 8: So we've talked about this called the accommodator, so a chindo.
Speaker 6: It makes a lot of sense to me.
Speaker 1: It just it feels like it to me.
Speaker 6: But no, it feels like it has a great place.
Speaker 4: I've got one at my desk out there.
Speaker 3: You know, we can talk like strategy in form of how to you like how it gets down, but form is important.
Speaker 1: No, but yes, I see, I agree.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, let's talk strategy.
Speaker 10: Strategy, right, I mean, what if you see the guy coming at you and Andy's got it like he looks like a unicorn a spot im.
Speaker 6: He's gonna look for a place to sit.
Speaker 1: We should go over some film later.
Speaker 10: To my axes and nose, you know what I mean, Like, I gotta, I gotta figure it out here.
Speaker 6: It's time for the news.
Speaker 1: How do you going there, Perry and go great?
Speaker 4: Everything's awesome, hous traffic, everybody all right out there? Yeah? Yeah, it was pretty good, good, pretty good.
Speaker 11: This is KFA News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six IIHF World Junior Championship. Given Sports and Events dot org ticket single game tickets on saleses well, so you can pick and choose which games.
Speaker 2: There's plenty of great affordable options. Check it out today because it's coming up and a week baby, it's heard.
Speaker 4: It's happening.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 10: Man, that seemed like it was a minute ago that we were saying two months from now.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: You know how dumb I am?
Speaker 1: I don't answer that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: For like the last week, I'm like, man, what a weird thing? The Wild have three games and then after the Christmas break, seven on the road, season high seven on the road.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I didn't think for one second of why they were on the road for seven straight games, never put two seconds a thought into it. And then like three days ago.
Speaker 10: My.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's hey, how was yours?
Speaker 4: That was your drive last night to Elcho?
Speaker 6: Didn't go? I got postponed.
Speaker 10: Okay, Yeah, that's a good idea because I drove to Harper's thing and it took me forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Once once the wind started blowing sideways and it looked like it was gonna be blizzard conditions, they made the call to postpone it. So we'll get down to Elcho in the next couple of weeks, for sure. So I was fifteen minutes down the road when I got the call, and it was like, yeah, was glad to turn.
Speaker 6: Back because it was getting dicey, It was getting dice Oh.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah. Making plans is great. Plans getting canceled even better.
Speaker 6: Loved me like trivia. But yeah, that was a rough That was a rough one.
Speaker 1: So let's we'll get down there.
Speaker 4: Where was that?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 4: Oh uh? Where's it? Hold on?
Speaker 10: Remember stay with me where my top story goes. It's time for some news, by the way, in case you're wondering what's going on in the whole white world. I got there news for here, and an update on the uh proposed uh the kid he wanted to do? Uh? Who got arrested for wanting to shoot up schools in Apple Valley. Did you guys read about that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 10: Oh, man, hold on, let me get back to it. Looks like I deleted. Apparently he went online and asked which one he should go to, and that's how he got caught. That's how they knew he was going to do it.
Speaker 1: Well, thank god crime as an adult put him away, right.
Speaker 8: That's heresy and make an example of the son of a bees.
Speaker 10: Prosecutor say teen posted photos of guns to social media with a poll asking which the school he should target. The sixteen year old suspect is an Eastview High School student who is facing charges for four felony accounts of violent threats with the intent to terrorize. The Dakota County District Court is charging him as a juvenile. The teenager remains in custody ahead of hearing it on Tuesday. County attorney said any threat of gun violence, especially when directed the schools, is taken very seriously.
Speaker 8: Apparently not though if you're tried as a juvenile, get a slap on the risk he's not going to learn from it, and part of the responsibility of the prosecutors in this situation is to deter other people from doing it, and it by throwing the absolute hammer at them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, thank god.
Speaker 8: Because then even you have to assume that they're all serious. But in the off chance that they're not and they're just joking, you got to learn that it's not funny.
Speaker 4: And yeah, he had the guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where'd he get the guns? Right? Right?
Speaker 10: You know, I mean he had He wasn't messing around, you know, yep. Oh Jesus. So anyway, so there you go, Thank god that didn't happen. Yes, NASCAR driver Greg Biffle has died in a plane crash in North Carolina. We talked about it earlier that the North Carolina State Highway Patrols's Biffle was among these seven people killed when it was his private jet burst into flames while landing at Statesville Regional Airport, about fifty miles from Charlotte.
Speaker 4: His family was among the seven killed.
Speaker 1: Jes Louise, It's awful, especially this kind of year.
Speaker 4: Just terrible.
Speaker 10: It looks like winter's getting ready to visit Las Vegas. This weekend should be dry and mild, but next week a different story. By Christmas Eve, they're going to get in rain and start getting rain out there. Man, I love it when it rains in Vegas.
Speaker 1: It rained when John and I were out there, a lot, a lot.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: I never noticed because I'm indoors. Good point.
Speaker 8: Yet when I walk in the rain to him always.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Man, I love walking in the rain. And when it's hot, warm rain, it's even better. And that's always what it is in Vegas.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 10: Two men are okay after getting stuck on a roller coaster at Circuit of the Americans in Austin, Texas.
Speaker 6: Good nightmare, Yeah, the worst.
Speaker 10: They were suspended one hundred and thirty feet above the ground when the Circuit Breaker ride just stopped right before nine pm on Wednesday. Mechanics were able to get the coaster going again, and the two gentlemen were able to finally leave the ride after being stuck for about an hour. Man, the whole time you're there, you're thinking, well, this is.
Speaker 6: It, this is what position was the actual.
Speaker 4: Military didn't I don't have that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, likely not upside.
Speaker 1: Down, and we probably would have heard the Mighty Acts used to get stuck.
Speaker 6: Like once a month, you've googled the Mighty Acts I.
Speaker 3: Swear I was always so scared to go on it because people used to get stuck on it all the time.
Speaker 4: No kidding.
Speaker 1: Ninety degree angle?
Speaker 4: Oh up or down?
Speaker 1: Pointed up, trying to find that that's awful.
Speaker 4: It would be awful.
Speaker 6: Agree angle. Have you guys rode coasters lately?
Speaker 10: No, I'll never do last summer I've done that for the last I probably don't.
Speaker 1: Coaster days are dead me too.
Speaker 6: I love riding coast same, they're so fun.
Speaker 1: You get a high?
Speaker 6: Did Valley Fair last summer? Wild Thing was the best?
Speaker 1: So good?
Speaker 6: So holds up it does it's a sweet coaster. No, it's so good. I love coasters. Why don't we go road tripping?
Speaker 1: You and me ride?
Speaker 3: We'll do six flags across America? Yes, have you been six days before? Yeah, but it's been twenty five years or something like the one where it's like the dragon and they don't they don't put something over the top of you. It's just like a triangle that like locks down on raging Bowl. Yeah, yeah, raging you I'm talking about. Yeah, I've been there.
Speaker 6: Coaster of all time? That is maybe my all time favorite.
Speaker 1: Question. It's so good, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Your your feet are dangling, but the cart is still underneath you, so it feels like you're just floating. It's a it's the most surreal thing ever. It's awesome core.
Speaker 6: Yes, well that's the best gurney right or whatever.
Speaker 1: Day of high school.
Speaker 3: It's got the Batman coaster, which is sweeten like you fall forward.
Speaker 6: They still have Iron Wolf, which was the stand up coaster. That was sweet core. Let's go, let's go a road trip in time.
Speaker 13: I would love it.
Speaker 4: It's about time you guys went somewhere.
Speaker 1: Cash. You're facing down by the way.
Speaker 2: One reported lightheaded, another one reported numbness in their leg, and.
Speaker 10: The people in front of the report of being covered in urine because one.
Speaker 9: Of one of them said it was the greatest day of his life. That was dwighte hot right down, dad, Yeah, he got urinated on.
Speaker 4: Why would you like that?
Speaker 1: He's into it. He likes a warm rain, just like.
Speaker 4: I guess I get it.
Speaker 6: Tell me it wasn't raging bowl.
Speaker 3: The other one that has the false drop, like when you hit the peak, they drop you.
Speaker 1: On a little platform just for a second.
Speaker 3: The trick you to think that it's like the big drop, So it's a little like ten foot platform, so you get the fake drop and.
Speaker 1: Then the real drop. I feel it, and you think that was it.
Speaker 6: Out of time.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you know this because not a lot of people know about this. It's so good.
Speaker 3: Six hour drive and it's the best coaster I've ever been on core.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 6: Or I could kiss you on the mouth.
Speaker 4: I wish you would, wow if you didn't bring up the raid.
Speaker 3: I haven't been there since I was like twenty, though, so I have no idea if it still holds up.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: If it's a little rockier ride than it was back in the day. Hopefully it's so smooth as ever, you have no idea. I haven't been there since high school, So man, clue.
Speaker 10: All right, power trip, road trip you and no, No, just you and Tommy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this can be wit just all one twin sized bed, one room.
Speaker 4: Yep, and that's it.
Speaker 10: An automatic car that's treated like a stick shift.
Speaker 1: No, we can stop it. Holiday gets some snacks on the way.
Speaker 6: That'd be the best time.
Speaker 1: He's shifting with his mouth.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's a good question. The answer the question.
Speaker 10: JMK and LaGuardia and Newark airports are crowded with a record high number of travelers moving around this holiday season. The TSA believes today and tomorrow will be the busiest days for travel. Triple A projects one hundred and twenty two million Americans gonna go at least fifty miles or more from home over this thirteen day holiday period, a record high and more than two percent increase over last year. Triple A says New York City is the seventh most popular domestic travel destination. Gonna be interesting getting the Vikings in and out of there this weekend, I guess. And by the way, Triple A also says, don't worry about going anywhere because Saturday the twenty seventh, just go to Saint Cloud where the Chris Hockey Band is playing at the Pinero. Yes, this is part of the news story. Tickets are available piner Place in Saint Cloud, the twenty seventh Saturday.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be fine looking forward to week from Saturday. Tickets available.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 13: So there you go.
Speaker 6: That's the news, Tommy. It was an absolute dream.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Likewise, I won't see you guys.
Speaker 6: Now find out dude, that's that does suck.
Speaker 4: That sucks.
Speaker 6: So I guess Happy New Year too? Happy New Year as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How you doing anything at all? Or you guys just go stay home.
Speaker 6: But we're going to Mexico Actually awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Port of something Porta Barda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you flying the cantcun go south over.
Speaker 6: New Year's but then Christmas?
Speaker 1: I can't wait. It's gonna be the best of.
Speaker 6: You med in Mexico for New Year's Eve and New Year's Oh jeez you and sas are you?
Speaker 1: And Eddie? No good? Dudemy?
Speaker 4: Can can Corey come?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: He's going to show you what rage out.
Speaker 1: So good with the inlaws.
Speaker 6: It'll be great, it'll be super awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love you guys, Mary, Christmas christ We're off next Friday, so we won't see you next Friday, but we'll see you what Jan two?
Speaker 1: Jan two? And I get to play initials?
Speaker 6: Hell yeah you do.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, to marry Merry Christmas?
Speaker 4: Thank you please.
Speaker 1: You should go to my website Johncresel dot com. Book Me twenty twenty six has plenty of availabilities. So let's get something on the calendar. John Cressea dot Com.
Speaker 3: Love you guys, and Happy New Year's to you as well. Buddy, all right, Marti Gelner in a second, William Sawalat in like forty minutes, we'll play initials one hour from now, one hundred and six.
Speaker 6: I think I gotta check the email.
Speaker 3: I think it's one hundred and six thousand dollars up for grabs with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials. Jack By, Let's have a Christmas miracle. Let's have somebody win it today. That'd be sick. Let's go Power to Morning Shoe back after this on the fan.
Speaker 14: Time now for the Vikings Report, presented by Ivy, the official grocery partner of the Minnesota Vikings linebacker Jonathan Grenard.
Speaker 13: It joins the Power Trip next thanks to Ivy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, run to the playoffs are ready? I love it well, hockey fans. The IIHF World Junior Championship is set to take over the state of Hockey. That's starting next week, so do not miss your opportunity to see it. We have your tickets for the action all week long as the talkback feature in the iHeartRadio app right now to tell us your favorite team USA memory from the World Juniors for your shot at a pair of tickets to group. It's a group a game. Get the full details down kafae dot Computer Contests.
Speaker 4: Thanks Echo, how tri Morshare? Here we are.
Speaker 10: It is seven twenty eight and it's time for sports.
Speaker 4: Is he over there yet?
Speaker 6: Sauce is here?
Speaker 1: Marnie just walked in.
Speaker 14: Dusty here on the Power Trip presented by All Around, your timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 9: Thanks all Around, Thank you your MINNICOA while battle or excuse me, the Vikings battle the Giants on Sunday at noon, pregame at ten. Your Vikings are two and a half point favorites. Christian Daris and Jonavan Hargrave. We're both out of on Javon excuse me, and have not practiced this week, so I doubt we will get Christian darisaw or Javon.
Speaker 10: I truly am surprised they haven't just put him on the shelf same I thought they would this week. I really like, no, I don't know anything about anything, but I thought they would.
Speaker 9: And Brian O'Neill and Ryan Kelly were both limited yesterday.
Speaker 3: Do you think Javon Hargrave and Jonathan Allen are both one and done with the Vikes or do you think they're going to come back.
Speaker 9: I think one of them has a trickier contract to cut, and I think that one's Jonathan Allen, So.
Speaker 6: Alan likely to come back hardreg maybe not, I would guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder why. We'll see. But they got it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think they got to get rid of like fifty six million dollars.
Speaker 3: No they don't. The Caps and myth you can sign whoever you want to whatever you want. Well, still your turn now.
Speaker 9: The Week sixteen started with an epic game with the Seahawks beating the Rams thirty eight to thirty seven and ot. The Hawks trailed thirty to fourteen with thirteen minutes and thirty four seconds left in the fourth. They scored two time touchdowns, got both two point conversions. One of them was basically a backwards pass that then the guy picked up in the end zone, an unbelievable play watching on social media, and then a ot The Rams scored a touchdown, but then the Hawks scored and went for two puka in the loss, two hundred and twenty five yards, two touchdowns and twelve catches. The Seahawks are twelve and three. The Rams are eleven and four. This is pretty guessable because I'm bringing it up. Marny Seahawks all.
Speaker 3: Time, Marnee and Chris and Parish and Zackenhawks Seahawks all time in the fourth quarter trailing by sixteen or more, and last night they trailed by sixteen right thirty to fourteen. Before last night in their franchise history, they had been down one hundred and fifty five times with that scenario sixteen or more in the fourth quarter. How many wins in their franchise history had they had out of the previous one hundred and fifty five times.
Speaker 1: Zero.
Speaker 12: That's an impressive comeback. It has to be a small number.
Speaker 3: Two you say two, Parish you said zero, Chris, yeah, one, one, Zachary yeah, baby.
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter. Parish is right.
Speaker 1: Zero.
Speaker 3: They were zero and one fifty five in the fourth quarter trailing sixteen or more until last night.
Speaker 6: That's their first ever win in that scenario.
Speaker 9: The Rams are the first team in NFL history to lose with five hundred plus yard zero turnovers and three plus opponent turnovers.
Speaker 12: I went to bed last night and yeah, congrats, And then I got up and wasn't it literally until SaaS just read this update and said the Seahawk. But I was like, what, yeah, you assumed he was wrong? I just I was like, wow, what did I miss? Because I think Sam Darnold had just thrown an interception and it was just going the wrong way. And I wasn't really watching watching the game. It was just kind of on and I'm like, okay, and what an update.
Speaker 1: But you're right.
Speaker 3: If you hear Matt Stafford throws for four hundred and fifty seven yards, three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: And no interceptions, there's no way they lost. They did.
Speaker 12: You know who would be really happy about the outcome of that game? Both of my brothers, who both have a Seattle Seahawks tattoo, and.
Speaker 3: I what they have like Sea Hawks tattoos?
Speaker 1: How did that happen? Are they also from the Dakotas?
Speaker 12: They are from North Dakota as am I. But you know I've told you about my mom's sisters that I casino trip with. They are they mar They lit Yep, margaing Colleen. They live in north of Seattle in Washington and my parents it's actually lived out there as well. My older brother was born there before they moved back and we've lived our.
Speaker 13: Entire lives in North Dakota.
Speaker 12: But my brothers have this affinity because his two aunts, those old ladies that I could see no gamble.
Speaker 15: With Margie and who main Colleen the color anti Keene. I'm sorry, colored anti Keene is a yeah, though Colleen is with the sea when you're.
Speaker 4: It's hard to say.
Speaker 1: He can all your hands out, marg G and Colleen Woodhawk.
Speaker 4: Marg G.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they gamble.
Speaker 5: Hold on and say it the gamble something about a tattoo.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because my brothers went out there maybe, I mean it's been at least ten years. They went out there for a game, as they have done before, and they both came one a game I'm sorry he Seattle Seahawks game, and they both came home with tattoos, one on the calf, one on the shoulders.
Speaker 10: Lad thank you, thank you. I'm starting a new book about Marny. What's it called superfluous?
Speaker 4: Is that a compliment.
Speaker 1: My brothers have?
Speaker 4: Oh well, I'm a Vikings fan.
Speaker 3: Do you have a Vikings tattoo? I don't have any, too, same we're freaks now, we're like we're the weirdos. It used to be if you had a tattoo, you're a weirdo. Now, if you don't have a tattoo, you're a weirdo. M okay, Mars, thanks Martin Garris, you have a Seahawks tattoo?
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 6: You played in Seattle.
Speaker 4: I played in I love.
Speaker 7: Thunderbirds, absolutely underbirds. Yeah, I had a blast out there. I love Seattle. Lorrain didn't bother me at all. I can sleep in the rain. I sleep in the snow.
Speaker 3: Is that one of those bits, like, just like the seahawks, But seahawks is not a real thing, right, say, like a fictional bird. There's no such thing as a seahawk. Same thing with the thunderbird or not? Is that the also fictional? Our logo was.
Speaker 13: A green and blue two can stamp.
Speaker 4: Oh, let me see it looked a lot.
Speaker 9: Tougher, but more or less, the internet of this building is awful.
Speaker 4: Awful.
Speaker 1: It sucks.
Speaker 10: Sunderbird is primarily a powerful mythological giant bird.
Speaker 6: Okay, there you go, fake bird.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: By the way, the Seahawks uniforms last night, Marn's pretty cool, right Yeah? Yeah, Like they were kind of greenish in a way that I've never seen them before.
Speaker 12: Agreed, And I like when the lower third scoreboard Zacho matches the uniforms and how it changes every week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, very cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Seahawks have.
Speaker 13: Had good uniforms for a long time.
Speaker 12: When they this year were their throwbacks from the Steve Largin.
Speaker 4: We played against them.
Speaker 12: So cool.
Speaker 1: I didn't love the neon green of that lime green that.
Speaker 12: They went too, but I mean it was distinct, but yeah, but that throwback was so I didn't.
Speaker 3: Want to any of the game because I was watching the wild win, right, Zachary, But man off air earlier, a lot of people in this room lighting up al Michaels.
Speaker 4: Oh no, really curiously for.
Speaker 3: The two departed members of Power to Morning, Joe, Tommy Olson and John Cass just how the call is?
Speaker 6: You guys are just hammering.
Speaker 9: There was a game winner last week that he didn't and you've nailed it yesterday, Zach.
Speaker 6: And when you tweeted that Kevin.
Speaker 9: Harlan is on like the Sea team, he should be the voice of Thursday Night is the third in command at CBS Sports, and at such a waste because he'll be doing Kansas City, Tennessee this weekend on just little literally just a Missouri and Tennessee. Basically, he is a national voice. He's a national talent.
Speaker 6: He's the best, all the.
Speaker 1: Respects in the world of Al Michaels.
Speaker 2: I love the guy, greatest hockey call or greatest really one of these sports call.
Speaker 1: But he he just doesn't doesn't have it an what happened last night? Though? What just a boring call? It just does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't sound interested much at all. And again I would say it's less for me about Alan the boring nature of his calls now, and it's just more about the fact that Kevin Harlan is universally loved. He's energetic, he's funny, he's he would be a great uh fit with Kirk and the rest of that Prime crew, which is all about having fun and and and energy. It's just it's a very weird juxtaposition of Al Michaels versus the rest of that crew. Kevin Harland be great, but and he's already on the payroll for Prime. He does the NBA on Prime. So it's a perfect situation. Make the call, Amazon, sauce, do you did you stay up and watch the end of the game.
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 3: You did not, But you've seen it. Yeah, give me your best impression of what al Michaels did on the game winning two point conversion in overtime.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the Seahawks need this two point conversion for the victory. Very ballsy to go for this two point conversion, even though if they don't get it, they will probably lose the first seat. Isn't that right, Kirk? Yes, you're correct. Here we go. Donald stands behind the center checking out them slabs, looks over to his wide receiver, wings at him, blows him two kisses. I think that's a sign for the play. Kirk is still with us. Are you sleeping? Okay, Kirk, Here we go. Donald motions to the center to snap the ball, also waves to two babes in the stands with ginormous jugs. Donald takes the snap, drops back, looking looking right, looking left, looking all over the place. Pass rush comes in. He ducks under one guy, throws the ball to a guy who hasn't played all season. The ladies with the big jugs go wild. Seahawks.
Speaker 6: You're right, al Michaels has lost it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a little musburger in there, Yeah, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little bit of Rosie in there too.
Speaker 9: The Wild beat the Blue Jackets five to Zacho and Perry for their sixth straight win. Hartman, Terasenko and Ericson that Calls scored for the Wild. Caprisof and Boldy chipped in two empty net goals. The Wild are twenty one nine and five. They battle the Oilers tomorrow at two.
Speaker 10: It's time for the Hockey Minute with Mark Parrish, brought to you by.
Speaker 4: My friends at Saint Plant State University.
Speaker 7: We are seeing now with the Minnesota Wild some all the adversity that went through last year with the injuries, they learned that they can do the next man up, especially when you're missing your best players most of the year and you're still continuing to win your playoff team to prove something to yourself. And right now they have some serious top end talent with Quinn Hughes coming in. Obviously the Boldie Ross or the Boldi ec prieze Off connection is still there, and it's just it's amazing to watch. I love watching Quinn Hughes and Brock Fraber play in thirty minutes because you know what coming down the stretch, coming into the playoffs, there's going to be nights they're going to have to play that, so I want them ready for that.
Speaker 1: And hey and you talked.
Speaker 7: We talked about depth on Wednesday, Hartman Johansson. These guys are the depth players and they're kicking in scoring. So I don't see much issues right now with us making a run this.
Speaker 3: Year, Marky Mark, Well, yeah, is this the best wild team in their twenty five year franchise history?
Speaker 1: It is? Yes? Really wow.
Speaker 7: Well with Quinn, Hughes and Rizov the goalie tandem right now, Balstaad Augustuson, there's just it's amazing right now. Our decour is terrifying. It went from a very very good, a sneaky decour in the league to one of the best instantly instantly. And I love Baalstad and Gustuson competing for that job because man, they are making each other better and better and better.
Speaker 4: Man does that go?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I concur it was. It's it's fascinating.
Speaker 2: I mean, we knew over the summertime that this team last year was was was good and they could have certainly gone.
Speaker 1: Further if there wasn't a stupid off side called.
Speaker 2: But they they you know, they got better both you know, as a cohesive unit, and as you mentioned Parish, I mean they did learn their lesson. This was a very tough time a year year ago because of all the injuries, and there were good excuses to be made.
Speaker 1: But now they've learned from that.
Speaker 2: Everybody's pitching and everybody's doing their job, and they put themselves in a very very good position. The problem, of course is uh, tough weekend had Oilers, obviously tough with David, but the headline is.
Speaker 1: Going to be on the.
Speaker 2: Second night of a back to back Colorado Avalanche in the town. Two losses all the year still and we're almost at Christmas for Colorado. They've got an unbelievable squad, but they're they're they're human babing.
Speaker 3: You know, there's you're in Tooiler's schedule and the ABS schedule.
Speaker 1: Who's that go?
Speaker 3: Why they are more afraid of us than we are of them. I don't know if that's true. I just wanted to say it all said, we're one team that.
Speaker 1: Everyone else uh knows. They got to bring it.
Speaker 2: Bet Yeah, and then I don't think they want to play us necessarily other at this point because gosh, we're playing good hockey.
Speaker 1: Five goals again, Come on, Quinn.
Speaker 3: Hughes has never lost his number of the middical Yeah.
Speaker 6: Wells and that goes into beast mode.
Speaker 4: That's hockey, I think sure.
Speaker 3: Is Vikey's news in a second William so Walach in about twenty minutes, initials in like forty five.
Speaker 6: This is the power to a warning show. I'm a fan.
Speaker 4: F Hey, Happy, Happy.
Speaker 10: Christmas, every money, Good morning to you.
Speaker 4: Hope you're feeling good, Happy Christmas?
Speaker 10: Yeah, man, Marco, Merry Christmas to you, brother, thank you. How you feeling the old parish households it feeling Christmas?
Speaker 7: It's oh, it's been feeling Christmas for a while. He did a great job getting all the lights up, all the decorations up, pretty much instantly after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is weird to say Happy Christmas, right, but it's also weird to say Mary Halloween, Mary fourth July, Mary Valentine's Day.
Speaker 6: That sounds insane.
Speaker 3: You don't ever use the word Mary except for the holiday season. Let's start doing that, you know, Mary Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 6: Like you don't like the ring of that, Marnie, you're shaking your hand.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Mary Frost Awareness Month, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 12: Right, let's Christmas stand out? It does I feel like the holiday cheers in the era? Guy opened the door for me. Nope, it was not Zach. It was a younger man, even like maybe thirty. And he waited for me. It was a good ten steps behind him, and he waited and I said not good. I said thank you very much, and you said you're welcome. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 10: Oh, I was like, did he say I hate to watch you leave, but I love to watch you go?
Speaker 1: And then he said, have you been using vitamin C?
Speaker 4: Siah?
Speaker 1: Did he try to take did he try to tickle your sides?
Speaker 3: Whoa, you're shaking the hand of William s Wallach, William walcome to the show, William Marny.
Speaker 6: Gellner, Marniy Gello or Glener William Swash.
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 13: Get there? You guys doing?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 3: So eating prairie zone, Yeah, eating prairie Look at this dude, Nascar?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: I'm so happy you came in. Thanks for getting up early.
Speaker 16: Yeah, no problem. It's great to be here and great great to be back home. Flew in last night, so good to experience the chili weather. Well, I can flew in from where North Carolina? Yeah, because, like you.
Speaker 3: Were saying, Chris, everybody's flying in and out of North Carolina. Obviously, just terrible news yesterday. We can get your reaction here in a second. But you're back just for the holidays and you go back out or what's the plan.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we go back out the twenty first, and then just spend Christmas there.
Speaker 10: I would guess that testing never ends, right testing.
Speaker 16: Yeah, honestly, this is my time off. We still have simulator time, ok, twice a week for three hours, and then actual testing is really limited in Nascars, so it kind of sucks. They can't be in the car all the time, which I'd prefer that over the simulator, but you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: It's the nineteenth.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you go back in two days, three days, sorry, three days.
Speaker 6: He's a mover and shaker with us.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have time.
Speaker 3: You can't drive Nascars stock cars in the snow.
Speaker 1: You gotta get out of here.
Speaker 10: The good part is that he got here from the airport in three minutes. Yeah, you know, I mean, it's it's time man.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Is it is it.
Speaker 10: Tough for you to get behind the wheel of a regular car and not get speeding tickets.
Speaker 16: No, no, I haven't take it. Actually what Wow? Pulled over twice, but I got out of it and it was Dad.
Speaker 6: Sauce's dad get you out of it. He's a lawyer.
Speaker 13: Now that was my own doing nice.
Speaker 6: He was probably a gentleman. Chivalry is not dead.
Speaker 3: Being a gentleman, being nice, best officer yep sometimes helps.
Speaker 10: So again, before we get moving too far, sawallis right, we're saying that correctly. Good Eden Prairie, Minnesota's own a future NASCAR star, current NASCAR star has raced everything from the Transam Series to a uh you know obviously Minard's Arcis Series. You I mean, you've been in every type of race car. What kind of racing do you prefer? Your circle track?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 4: You like the road course stuff?
Speaker 16: Well this year I really like the road courses because it gives you a lot to do. You know, you gotta change gears, you manipulate the car a lot different than the ovals.
Speaker 13: But the ovals are always gonna have my heart.
Speaker 16: That's what I grew up doing in They're the fastest and highest pace.
Speaker 10: You started at Little el Coo Speedway, which is of course where you were supposed to go last night there.
Speaker 16: I started at nine, at nine yep, in cars called quarter midgets, quorter midgets yep.
Speaker 3: So he did somebody in your family did they love racing? Or were you at nine years old just into cars and said I want to try this.
Speaker 13: No, it was really on me. And then yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Have no history with racing in your family or almost none now nothing.
Speaker 13: Was the first one to really watch NASCAR and enjoy it.
Speaker 6: So they took you down there at nine years old and you're like, I want to give this a shot.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was a king. It's called try it. You like it, and I liked it.
Speaker 16: I did that for four years, and then moved the legend cars and did that for two years when I was twelve, and then got into a full bodies dot car at fourteen?
Speaker 1: No kidding?
Speaker 10: Can I get deep in the weeds with him for a minute, guys? Do you guys mind go for all?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 10: So William I ran a legend at Elko and Raceway Park for one year and then I ran a NASCAR Late Model at Elko and Raceway for one year.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 4: I was terrible, I really was.
Speaker 1: I was doing rady.
Speaker 10: So when you moved yeah, right when you moved out of the tqs and to no it's just a ray Yeah, was it a is that you guys call them up here TQ mins midgets for you just court them?
Speaker 4: Okay, I got it. I grew up in Indiana. It's a different world, as you will know.
Speaker 10: So when you moved into that Legends car, into those tiny little tires, did you back it into the wall as many times as I did?
Speaker 13: I know I did not.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 16: Maybe maybe you had a few self spins. That was really about it. But I kept it clean.
Speaker 10: Turn three at Elco, going in as fast as I could. Yep, those back tires broke loose and I hit that wall so hard I can still feel it. Just back that thing in there and that car was done. You never raced that car again, Yeah, had to get a different one.
Speaker 16: That's actually one of the worst hits you can take is backing it in because you're anticipating it and you put your head forward and then you slam back into the seat.
Speaker 13: That's how I got my first concussion. Was it really yep?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Those cars.
Speaker 10: One of the crazy things about racing to me that I always find really fascinating is how much more difficult. It is in some ways at the lower ranks of the racing. To me, driving the Legend was much harder than driving the Late Model because of the tires.
Speaker 4: Do you agree?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Absolutely, And the power to wait ratio is really huge, and it's the most difficult car to drive, I think, and that's why you kind of have to start out and learning that, and then late Models it gets easier. You have more grip, a little bit less horsepower to wait, and but then when you get to NASCAR, they took away some of our horse power. So we're hoping to get some of that back to have a little bit more fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're only going one hundred and ninety yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Well that's wound up. Yeah right right right, William, you are nineteen years old?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 12: Did you graduate high school like Edenbray High School at eighteen?
Speaker 4: Last year?
Speaker 16: So when COVID hit I switched online and then moved to North Carolina to pursue racing.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 6: Okay, So we did your parents stay here?
Speaker 16: My dad's here, he runs the family company. Yep, Hey he's over there.
Speaker 12: Are you living in like a village of other young drivers?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 13: Actually, everybody lives yea, they all were.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's one big Yeah.
Speaker 10: The drivers down in North Carol they get they give fires.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: It's like a camp.
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: William is the one, the only one that survived.
Speaker 1: So you said it fourteen. What year?
Speaker 6: How old were you when you moved in North Carolina?
Speaker 13: Twenty twenty one? So I guess fifteen.
Speaker 3: Uh kind of hard though, to leave your friends and like the life that you knew, and just like I'm going all in at fifteen years old, not twenty years old like college age.
Speaker 6: We're going fifteen, just going for it.
Speaker 16: I guess it was a little bit weird, but I didn't really think about it that much, and I came home a good bit to see them because I had more time then. But now it's about three times a year.
Speaker 6: Was there was there a plan B though?
Speaker 3: Or not? Was it all just I have to go all in and if it doesn't work out, then I have the rest of my life to figure out how to get back on track. Yeah.
Speaker 16: Basically that if it doesn't work out, you kind of have to figure it out. Then if you have a plan B, that means you don't want it bad enough.
Speaker 3: I guess I've heard that actors and musicians say that a lot, that you have to go in one hundred percent without one foot out the door, because then you're not fully committing. You have to be willing to fail, but you have to go all in.
Speaker 13: Yep, that's.
Speaker 3: I don't know have the balls to do that now, let alone at fourteen or fifteen years old. I don't have that kind of gamble in me. I can I ask you one other questions? This is the dumbest question you're going to be asked in the next hour.
Speaker 13: That's fine.
Speaker 3: I have this theory, especially with NASCAR, that like you know, Bryson Deshamba had to be a golfer based on the name you don't have, you're destined to be a golfer.
Speaker 6: Has anybody in NASCAR asked you to change your name to Billy?
Speaker 3: Because Billy's Sooalwich sounds like a NASCAR driver, William SWaCH sounds like a lawyer, right like that, that's a really distinguished sounding name.
Speaker 6: How do we get you to change it to Billy?
Speaker 4: How many times are you going to asked that question?
Speaker 11: Like can't you see Billy Soalich in the Daytona five hundred?
Speaker 16: Dad's in it sounds sounds like the winner sounds a little bit more redneck, but that's exactly speeding tickets.
Speaker 1: William gets out of a speeding ticket.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, did you say this is dad in serios? We say, yeah, yeah, you know what Starky rules. Thank you for everything you guys do.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 10: I mean, honestly, we love Starky. You guys are the best Starky hearing technologies. That's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Place was awesome. We were there just a couple of months ago.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, so back to my uh stupid questions.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so then you move up.
Speaker 10: Did you run Alko ESK late models a lot or did you go straight down to North Carolina run light Moss?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 13: I went straight down to North Carolina.
Speaker 16: And then the next time I raced at Elko was when the Arkha Manards series went there. Got the first year I got second, and then the the last year I went, which was I think it was last year. Only last year we won that race in a three wife finish. It was pretty cool to put that show on for the fans.
Speaker 10: Do you find that it's much more difficult to run the lower rungs of racing because the drivers are less.
Speaker 16: Predictable sometimes, yes, but the fields aren't as dense in the competition. But I'm going to be running some late model races this year more than I did last year, and those are just really fun races to just keep going and stay active because we don't have testing all the time in the actual car.
Speaker 3: Back to going all in when you're fourteen or fifteen, right, that means you have to on some level have a little bit of fearlessness to you And now the fact that you're a professional driver, how much fear is involved on any given race? Do you have any fear or is that a huge problem to even have that seep into your brain at all?
Speaker 16: It's definitely an issue if it's all the time, maybe like your first time at Daytona, you know, you don't know what to expect, so you get some butterflies, but you kind of have to feel in control and know what you're doing and feel like you know what you're doing, and then it all just kind of come together and you'll get really comfortable. Once you're comfortable is when you start pushing the car harder and you get faster.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, I've told this story on the air and I will said, do you remember the name Kevin Siwinski. Have you ever met Kevin?
Speaker 13: I don't know if I've ever met him Bill.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So he was technically my teammate. I was way above my pay grade. I was racing for Country Joe Racing just because I had a sponsor. That was kind of how it was. Right, And I'm early in the racing season driving the late Model.
Speaker 4: I had this very fast car.
Speaker 10: The car that I was driving had won the championship at Alcoe the year before, right, but I wasn't going fast enough in it. I was qualifying like midfield and a car that should have been on the pole. So Kevin takes me out one day to practice and he says, follow me around the racetrack. Don't break until I break. Get on my tail. I don't care if you hit me. Stay on my tail, but don't get off the gas and hit the brake until you till I do. I said, okay, I mean this, William. I could not physically keep my foot off the break because every time we went into the corner, I was thinking I'm going to die. There's no because you get there's a certain point where the car sets and you can feel your butt cheeks kind of the right rear tire set in the corner and you know you're set.
Speaker 4: You're okay.
Speaker 10: I could never get the car to that spot. I was too afraid. That's when I knew I couldn't be a race car driver.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's tough. You really have to have that feel in your butt. Like you're saying, it's true.
Speaker 4: I know it sounds weird, but it's true.
Speaker 13: It is.
Speaker 16: It is weird, a lot of people probably want to understand it. But to go that extra mile, you kind of have to do stuff you're not willing to do and be uncomfortable. And whenever I take somebody in my simulator at home we use I racing, they always think as soon as they get off the frottle they just slam on the brakes, and then they don't.
Speaker 13: They're not even at the corner and they're stopping.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 16: So, but it's completely different what people think, and you have to be really smooth.
Speaker 13: I'm a thoddle on the break.
Speaker 16: We really don't use much brake on tracks that are bigger than half a mile.
Speaker 3: Well, oh, heavy note, But in your young career, have you ever crossed paths with Greg Biffel.
Speaker 16: I have a few times. So the first time I met him was when I was a race fan. I went to Texas in fifteen, and you know, when you're a kid, you meet the drivers and they come out of their hollers and they sign your stuff and then go back in. But I remember he was a really genuine guy and just really nice and a lot of the drivers are you know, signing stuff.
Speaker 13: Go, But he talked for a little bit.
Speaker 16: And then the last time I met him, I think was two years ago at a late model race at Tri County in North Carolina when he was doing all the help for the hurricane victims in North Carolina. They had him be the Grand Marshall and so we got to meet him briefly before the race.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: Terrible yep, super tragic.
Speaker 10: Yes, a lot of traveling man, that's always there's a lot going on. All right, Yeah, we should break and come back and continue to meet our guests.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Well we'll do fan Fible play initials in like twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: Are you familiar with the game, correct?
Speaker 13: I am.
Speaker 16: I'm excited to get to get one right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, goals to be all right exactly, So go for the win. I thought you were supposed to be fearless, but I got it, and we're going. We're going with William correct Yes, damn ty brandom, uh fan five in a second more with William Sawalla to the rest of the Power Drip Morning Show. After this on nothing