Speaker 1: Hello, there we go. Now it's working Olivia Dean on kd WB. It's Friday. Bitches pretty excited about that. Don't have a whole lot going on this weekend. I think the girls are coming over this weekend and we're going to hang out and play games. Pipa. They call me Pipa. I don't know why they. We got to have somewhere anybody. Also have a weird name for the Grandma and Grandpa. I used to call him Grandma and Grandpa. Yeah, yeah, just Grandma and Grandpa. Yeah, Susan is Grammy. I'm Pipa and I used to be kind of cringey at that, but now that's just Pipa and they love me because I'm so much fun.
Speaker 2: Do they call the other grandparents different names?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do. They call them Grandpa and I think Grandma, I'm not sure. Or Granny I'm not really sure. But Susan's Grammy and I'm Pepa. I'm not crazy about it, but that's who I am to them, so I will accept it.
Speaker 3: My mom gets all bent out of shape for grandma's that go by Gigi because she thinks that it's Grandma's who try to sound cool and interesting.
Speaker 1: I would agree with your mom on that one. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: And I will never be a gg Well.
Speaker 1: It's funny. It's kind of like when you when you start to approach the grandma years, you're like, I will not let them call me grandma. But then you soften a little bit and it's like, that's what I am. Gigi's a little silly. Sometimes it's mama or mama or papa or or momo or no no, or I don't know something else besides grandma. Yeah. Yeah, we are doing another Christmas wish coming up a little bit later on this morning. We've got Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets to give away. But right now we're playing a little game called Alexa pass Word. You try to get Alexa to say a certain word by giving her clues. Alexa, good morning.
Speaker 4: Morning, David. I hope you're ready to tackle whatever Friday throws your way.
Speaker 3: So inspirational.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, that is the very inspirational, Bailey Rut. First, your first word is easy bakeoven. Easy bake oven, Alexa.
Speaker 3: I really want something for Christmas that can bake a cake in thirty seconds? What can I get?
Speaker 4: Let me find that for you well, thirty seconds might be pushing it. I found a rabid cake maker that whips up delicious cake in just four minutes using your microwave. It's twenty three dollars.
Speaker 2: Terrible, terrible clue, Alexa, what's something that kids use as a toy that also cooks things like brownies?
Speaker 4: Looking for kid friendly baking toys. You're thinking of an easy bake oven. Yet Children's easy to bake oven makes flavors for sixty nine dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can give.
Speaker 2: I'll start, well, Dave, you'll start. Get Alexa to say the word spirit.
Speaker 1: Alexa, what is another word for alcohol?
Speaker 3: Liquor?
Speaker 4: Booze or ethanol are common alternatives for alcohol.
Speaker 3: Just just spirit.
Speaker 2: Though I wouldn't I wouldn't have accepted spirits, Okay, Alexa.
Speaker 3: If I am full of wait, Alexa, if I am full of Christmas joy? What am I full of?
Speaker 4: S h You're full of holiday spirits, merriment plus probably.
Speaker 3: Not be honest, Okay, Okay, Jenny, you're going to try to get Alexa to say the word Scrooge.
Speaker 2: I should know this easily, but I can't think of the movie it's called, Alexa. What is the name of the main character in the movie where three go visit him in the night.
Speaker 4: The main character is Ebenezer Scrooge.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the name of that movie? Christmas Girl?
Speaker 4: The movie is called a Christmas the Classic. It's visited by three ghosts.
Speaker 1: Stop, okay, Bailey. Your word is Chimney. Chimney? All right, Alexa.
Speaker 3: If I'm Santa and I'm trying to transport into your house, where can I go?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: The Chimneys the classic resourceful?
Speaker 2: All right, David. Get Alexa to say chestnuts, Alexa? In the classic Christmas Carol, what are roasting on an open fire?
Speaker 4: Chestnuts are roasting?
Speaker 1: That's pretty you want?
Speaker 3: All right, Jenny. Try to get Alexa to say the word advent?
Speaker 2: Alexa, what is the name of the calendar leading up to Christmas with twenty five days?
Speaker 4: An advent calendar. It's a special calendar with twenty four doors or boxes?
Speaker 1: Stop? Okay, Bailey, here we go. What get Alexa to say? Midnight Mass? Okay, Alexa?
Speaker 3: If I want to go to late night church on Christmas Eve, what is that called?
Speaker 4: It's called Midnight Mass. Special service that starts at midnight on Christmas Eve, starts have a good day ah, you just made my day. Thanks David Hope. Yours is absolutely wonderful.
Speaker 1: Well, I should work with these two. It's not so good, but thanks for the sentiment. She does. You know what to get a little flirty with Alexa?
Speaker 3: She does. She's like, you made my day by just saying have a good one.
Speaker 1: Jeez. Text message says, is it me or is the new Alexa a little bit more aggressive? Yeah? She really is a little bit more assertive, that's for sure. Like, hey, idiot, we were talking about nicknames for grandma grandpa. My daughter calls her grandpa's poopa and Grandpap's and grandma's grammy and yeah, yeah, yea yea and great gigs. So I feel like it's commonplace now. Which is cute.
Speaker 3: Yee or ya yai?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't yeah yeah. My old daughter called my stepdad gepop, but my two year old can't say it, so it comes out as peapa and he loves it. I love it too, all right. War of the Roses comes up next. It's Friday, early edition of War of the Roses. Hang out for that, grab some coffee, put the dog outside, and I'll meet you right back here. On kd W two four, sponsored by the Leo Agency. This is really interesting. People are predicting American traditions that will fade away in the coming decade. These are things that are going on now that in the next few decades might not be here. Number One, class reunions. You think about it, social media's made them kind of irrelevant. But social media also keeeps people connected with class makes more so some may be more likely to go because of social media. I will never go to another class reunion because the people that I care about I aren't even friends with them on Facebook. And I don't really care about everybody else. And not that I don't care, I'm just not interested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would go to a class reunion if only the people that I liked were there, And you can't guarantee that, so yeah, like the majority of the people who would be there, I'd be like, yeah, but you're.
Speaker 1: A big star DJ. Now I'd be like, you walk in, it's like trumpets or bupah ba uah bah bah bah. And now Bailey j Has from KDWB kd WB like.
Speaker 3: That weird girl is somebody what trick or treating might go away?
Speaker 1: What somebody said that ever since trunk or treating took off. They haven't had any tricker treaters in their neighborhood. I we had more than ever. Seriously, I think kids still love going door to door massive gender reveal events and not just called the fire forest fires. Somebody says they've really taken a hit reputation wise, and they're going to fade back into low key family things like slicing into a cake to see the color inside instead of a cannon shooting pink smoke. Smart.
Speaker 2: I think that they've cooled on on those ut right.
Speaker 1: Now because people laugh at them and make fun of them and.
Speaker 3: They start forest fires.
Speaker 1: True, it's already dying, but Black Friday is going to go away, at least fighting through crowds to get into Best Buy. The pre holiday deals might continue, but now that's a whole long weekend thing with Cyber Monday, and Black Friday might lose its notoriety. Another one, the Miss America pageant. Pretty easy prediction, since pagets are a lot less of a thing now when they were in the eighties and nineties. When I was grown up, Oh my god, it used to be a big deal. We'd sit and watch on our black and white TV. The Miss USA pageant or the Miss America pageant, and Miss Colorado never won. We were from Colorado and it was a big deal. And now I don't even know when they come on, and I think I don't know they're They're just like an anachronism, you know. Next one, private fireworks increasing, local crackdowns, property manage, your brother in law blowing his pinky finger off. Somebody said, maybe they'll never go to zero, but there could be an increase in professional shows with the role of drones increasing, daylight savings times. Another one, weddings now not weddings going all the way away, but large scale productions. Somebody said a lot of Americans are either two strapped for cash or don't want to send themselves into debt. The wedding spectacle itself feels less important at the end of the day. What do you get you get married married? Yeah, one is very cheap. One is an elaborate expensive as spectamum. No, you're no less married. Regardless, Thank you cards may go away in the next couple of days. One person said they're a pain and can simply be handled with a text or just saying thanks. Next time you see the person in my book, take a shower, show up on time, and don't steal anything. I said send thank you cards because nobody does it anymore, and I still believe that. But I will say, at least if you send a thank you text, that's better than not getting to thank you at all. And there are too many people that I've done something that I'd love to do something for relatives and I don't get a thank you, even a text. I have to call them or text and say did you get the present I sent you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, thanks. It's like screw you. And the final one. Christmas cards. Somebody said, we used to get dozens when I was young. Almost every family sent them. Now it's mostly an old person thing, although some younger parents will send a postcard with a family photo and a generic pre printed message. I still do Christmas cards. It's a tradition for me. I just enjoy sitting down and listening to like Christmas music and then writing out the Christmas cards and.
Speaker 3: It's just a fun Can you get a said one to me?
Speaker 1: If I get your addresh Yeah, okay, yeah, I probably will sit nice anyone? Last year?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Two? Eight? What nothing that as you can't make this stuff up on KATIEWB. Let's launch right into Dave's dirt because we got some stuff that we got to cover on the dirt. When is Christmas Wish coming up? Jenny This Morning, seven thirty, This Morning Live on Katie WB Right now it is Dave's dirt. Let's this is I saw this clip the other day. Sabrina Carpenter was talking about how she writes her songs, and this is one of the things she said about songwriting.
Speaker 5: And you write the music that you want to listen to yourself, So add the weird chord progression and do the weird key change. Call men stupid in every possible way that you can, and don't worry if one person likes it or a million people like it.
Speaker 3: Just worry about if you like it.
Speaker 1: I've got comments on that. Nobody laughed when she said call men stupid in every single way that you can. And I like that because I think that like the male bashing thing. Being a father of two kids, two boys, I just don't like how popular it is to just take men as a group and tell them that they're sahi blank.
Speaker 3: I think she was clearly joking, though, because I made a joke about that and said, just tell women that they're stupid in every way I can.
Speaker 1: Then that wouldn't fall that would fall flat too.
Speaker 3: That whole speech was about six minutes because she won like a hit Maker award, and the whole speech like it's she's pretty good. She's like really talking in earnest, which is nice, and it was pretty nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a good speech. There's a lot of speculation I won't go into now, but that she does not write her own songs. Amy Adams and Jack Antonoff write her own songs, but they give her a writing credit because they want the biggest artist in the world to record their songs, so they exchange being on a giant artist album in exchange for writing credit. So we don't know for sure.
Speaker 2: Kelly Clarkson will duck the halls with Christmas Tunes on December twenty fifth, when she headlines Netflix's pregame show prior to an NFL doubleheader, going to perform her classic Underneath a Tree, which in my opinion is like one of the only good current Christmas songs that's like the seventies, And it's set to kick off at eleven am Eastern, which is ten our time, and then followed by a one pm kickoff for the game between the Cowboys and the Commanders, and then the second game of Christmas will be between the Lions and the Viki is just gonna be at three thirty.
Speaker 3: So Timothy Shalomet is being coy about his potential secret identity as rapper S D.
Speaker 1: Kid. I got no comment on that.
Speaker 3: Oh come on, no, I've got two words on that. Go on.
Speaker 1: In your own time. Two words, two words. What's wrong with him? We've lost someone waiting to read book ball will be revealed in due time.
Speaker 3: So S D. Kid is like a rapper that's famous on TikTok and he never shows his face in public, and only his eyes are visible. And so everyone's conspiracizing that Timothy Chalomae because they match his shape and color.
Speaker 1: That's kind of funny, all right, Blossom's got a birthday today. My embiolic is how old is my ambiolic? She is forty? Idea fifty fifty. She's fifty years old today. Yes, in his National Gingerbread House Day today, So you can get the kids together, slap together a little gingerbread house. It looks didn't last night. Did you do one last night was the truck. It look anything like the house or the truck on the box.
Speaker 2: Now, I did a video of the display on the box, and I don't think it looks too bad. It's on my Instagram story, but I did get a couple of comments and said, that's the Mader version from arts.
Speaker 1: It's like the ugly one.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you're not wrong.
Speaker 2: The chuck doesn't look a little like Southern and DK worn.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at it here. Okay, let's see all right, Oh you're frosting it. Oh that's Oh that's the box. I was gonna say, good job, that's the box.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, okay, well it shows the video or it shows mine after that, after you see the box, I'll take a look.
Speaker 3: That's just a reference.
Speaker 2: We do have some new music right now, and I would love to hear this new One Republic song. It's called give Me Something.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: That sounds very unique for One Republic, like more poppy.
Speaker 3: I mean they're probably trying to get a hit, you know. Yeah. I saw this video the other day and I loved it. It's justin Bieber. He returned to the bowling app Alli that he filmed baby in and he's saying baby. I was like, baby baby baby, oh, baby baby.
Speaker 1: Bab no, baby babe and baby no, always be That's so funny that he went back, yeah, And I.
Speaker 3: Like that he did, and that he's like, you know what, I'm not above baby.
Speaker 1: I think that's cool.
Speaker 3: Baby put him on the map.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift is in the dirt today, brought you by six one two injured, Heimer Lammer's injury loss. You get a very simple message for people who wanted to go, she says, quote I don't want to. On the Late Show, she told Stephen Colbert, I think what I look up to most in people is career longevity. Career longevity, friendship longevity, longevity in the relationships. How do you keep a good thing going? I think there are certain corners of our society that really love, that really love, that really love, that look up to longevity. She said. There are corners like give somebody else a turn? Can't you just go away so we can talk about how good you were? And I'm like, I don't want to. You know, I think as long as there is a demand, she's only like thirty six years old. I have no problem with Taylor Swift still being here. I have a little bit of a problem with the Kardashians forming another billion dollar business, as like somebody, let somebody else come up with a lotion and a soap and a candle business. Let somebody else do it. Kim and Chloe. By the way, Chloe says she's been celibate for four years. Yeah, just to let you know. You think it's been a while for you, it's been four years, And she says, I don't miss it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean she's gone through some rough relationships between lamar Odom and then her baby dads cheated on her five million times. She's probably like, it's not worth it anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm over it all right. That's the Dirk brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. It is time to shed the skin of the snake. Apparently twenty twenty five has been the year of the snake, and time to shed the skin of the snake. I'll let Jenny handle this one. Jenny's got this one. It's coming up next. Also, Christmas Wish comes up at seven point thirty five, and we've got Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets. A little bit later on no Phone screen or Friday. It's all here for your amusement and entertainment. It's not just a radio show. It's the Dave Ryan Show on katiewb