Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio WAT.
Speaker 2: It's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and.
Speaker 3: Matt money Smith. The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith. Is it better to fail originally than to succeed in imitation?
Speaker 2: Doing the yukes? Petros In Money AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio Petrosen Money on the air till seven pm. David Veasse off day Dodger Talk Today, So you got live local for the next five hours. Four from US, one from Dave or you're home with the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers with the Kyle Tucker presser, and of course all of the Dodgers you'd want to hear from all over your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers and other sports had Dave Roberts, Dave Vasse, Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 2: Golmer. All of those things available via podcast, the Petros and Money Show podcast. You can stream us live on the iHeartRadio app, or you can listen at your leisure if you subscribe to the Pole. All of that is free through the iHeartRadio app. Everybody wants a piece of your wallet these days, not us. It's all free, every last second a compelling conversation.
Speaker 3: Tonight, there's some very big time former Dodger luminaries on Dodger Talk for the lonely people on a Friday.
Speaker 2: Night, Matt a Friday Night, David vassay you seven to eight pm people, and who else will be joining the party?
Speaker 3: Chris Taylor, Oh okay, I'm not ton Is he still an angel?
Speaker 2: He was an angel last year? Is he retired now? I think his contract was up?
Speaker 3: Joe Kelly is also on he is he has retired officially retired? So David Vassy will talk to those gentlemen at seven o'clock and all you Dodger fans will be better for it. And today on the Petros and Money Show, we have a whole hour of power to get you ready for the Rams versus the Seahawks Big Head Sam Darnold versus Beard Face Matt Stafford. It's gonna be a heck of a matchup. We have Quinton Lake, Carnell Lake's Sun out of Culver City. Carnell Lake was Quentin went to Modern Day. He's gonna join us in the five o'clock hour. The UCLA dB, who's one of the standouts now for the Rama Lema Ding Dongs. We talked to him Las Year Year and Harrison Nevis the Thicker Kicker, is gonna join us. And Matt will do his NFL Top Story of the day. That is the five o'clock hour of power for the NFL on the Petros and Money Show on this Frogman Friday. That's a little schedule talk for short and we do have as far as schedule talk goes Matt before we get into the Frogman Friday table setting of the show, we do have some great schedule talking to talk. Given this weekend's robust schedule.
Speaker 2: Remember we are your home of all the games being played today on the station. At a college basketball showdown a potential Final four Elite eight Sweet sixteen at worst preview between Houston and Texas Tech. That's number twelve versus Number six. That'll tip off at eleven am. Tim Kates on the pre half and post on that. One Sunday, we'll start at noon with THEFC Championship Pats v. Broncos, and then we will go to Clipper Basketball Clips v. Brooklyn Nets at six pm with a five o'clock pregame, And of course, two weeks from Sunday, we'll have Super Bowl sixty right here. And on top of all that pee Most importantly for folks listening today, here's why you're gonna want to listen to the whole show. At some point between now and the end of the show, we're going to give away a three day pass to the Beach Live Festival. That is a pair of tickets. Every day May first, second, and third, we'll give you tickets to all of them. You'll get the three day pass. Duran, Duran Offspring, Sheryl Crow, James Taylor, My Morning Jacket, Jone Jet, Chainsmokers, and so so slightly stupid, so many more. Again, that'll be a three day pat walk it away.
Speaker 3: Jim Lindberg, a couple of money guests and.
Speaker 2: Free both of them exactly. Yeah, so it's a great lineup. Beachlive Festival dot org is the our beach Like Festival dot com. Pardon Me is the website for tickets and all the information. We are the official audio partner for the Beach Life Festival.
Speaker 3: It is a Frogman Friday on the Petro sand Buddy Show. Prog Man, prog Man, prog Man, prog Man, prog Man.
Speaker 2: Good luck, fine being it frog Man, frog Man, prog Man, Frogmen, uh oh, Frogmen.
Speaker 3: Frogmen, I love to sail, Forbidden Seeds and land Frogmen. Frogmen on a barbarous coast. The Potential Money Show celebrates frog Man, the song which was a little reluctant to play.
Speaker 5: Rock Man, shoe Boys in Bavy Robbin and known as Rockton.
Speaker 3: We represent the Pacific Ocean and respect Harbor, Patrol, Coast Guard, US Navy Lifeguards all did protect us from its wickedness. I am the Fortman. We also celebrate the great Mike Nelson, played by the one and only Lloyd Bridges, and perhaps the greatest television show ever put into production. We're talking about Sea Hunt with Mike Nelson as Lloyd Bridges.
Speaker 4: This time, I couldn't take Pete topside, not till a job was done. Instead, I gave him some of my hair and prayed that it would stole off the effects of oxygen poisoning for a few minutes least. I don't know how Pete managed to keep going, but he did get every excuse in the world equip and save his life. And he stayed on a job lovely.
Speaker 3: A lot of the men we're staying on the job too, See Thomas Howe, What are you nuts?
Speaker 5: We gotta get that stuff to Florida. Do you know what it's like these days? We got the freaking Navy everywhere. You got frog Mane, You've got EC two's.
Speaker 3: With the satellite tracking stuff.
Speaker 5: You've got the freaking Felt two night assault shoppers up the ass. We're losing one out of every nine loads. It's no duck walk anymore. Let me tell you, I forget about money. What do you suggest as reasonable?
Speaker 3: What's reasonable? Is another day in Great Sports Talk, Great Sports Talk four hour show. We told you about the two NFL types that are gonna join us, Quentin Lake and Harrison MeVis and Don McClain our bff will join us in the very next segment to talk about the world of basketball. It looks like a bad situation really unfolding with Lebron James Matt Who would have thought that would happen?
Speaker 2: Well, if there was a victory last night, the heels of the Genie Bus ESPN piece coming out, his guy Rich Paul making an ass of himself on a podcast with Max Kellerman. I assume it could have been a a salve, could have been a bit of a salve to that wound. But compounded, you hurt their feelings.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 2: With a loss to the Clippers and a lot of trash talking out there, I'm sure he was especially ornery in the postgame locker room.
Speaker 3: He said the comments, he said the S world word excuse me, and he said the world has turned s. Yeah, it's kind of a bad situation and deadlines Feb five, Man, Lebron, he might be gone, and that would be Lebron could be gone something special. But as for us, we have great reason to celebrate, beyond the fact that it's the end of another great week in great sports gone, Great Sports Talk. We were in Irvine, California, yesterday right on the border of Tustin. We know that at the marketplace in Irvine, the Gigantic shopping center. It's acreage unmatched. What happened, Kate's did it break? It broke?
Speaker 2: Our frame broke?
Speaker 3: No, it's just wonky. We can get it.
Speaker 2: Well, we dropped it yesterday. I put it on the edge of the table. That was my fault, and it got knocked off and I think it did crack.
Speaker 3: It cracked. Yeah, well, how are we gonna get We can still get it up on the wall, Yeah, can't. We like not every certificate on the wall, and the Vince Scully Dodger Sweet is on there perfectly, is it?
Speaker 2: And we're on our way to track it him down?
Speaker 3: Is there anything better than an A A plus? Maybe? We were in Irvine yesterday, Matt and we had a great time at the BJS and it was a great show. A lot of people came out. And now our own Callin Yee is going to do the honors by hanging our new certificate of what is it called excellence? What does it say? Yeah, certificate of recognition we are putting up on the wall right now, Colin Yee, our young spry Asian board operator today.
Speaker 2: Well, he's the most Christian of us, so the carpenter is strong in him.
Speaker 3: He's putting it up here. It's a wonderful thing. It looks great. No, no, come on, put it up straight. We are commemorating the moment, Matt. That's on camera. Colin has his sleeves rolled up like Brandon Walsh in nine O two one zero his Beach Boys hoodie, and it's right up next to the City of Ciritos proclamation. We got a proclamation from Cerritos. We got a certificate of recognition from our friend, the Mayor of Irvine, Larry Egrin. So we appreciate the great people of Irvine, the many rounds which make traffic move so smoothly and keep people in line. In the city's safest or the Orange County safest city almost, I believe in the safest city in the entire world, Irvine, California, despite some of the recent issues they've had with caviar theft at the Whole Foods down by the Spectrum.
Speaker 2: Outside of caviar theft, it's the safest. But once you factor that in, it slides back a few rungs.
Speaker 3: But I did think Matt that it was a really nice overall way to end the BJS football season on the Petrosen Money Show and say thank you to all of our listeners for coming out. And I do think this year we gave away more prizes and more people left happy than any other time that we've ever done these BJS local tours during the football season.
Speaker 2: Look, people like to win stuff, we love to give stuff away. We can't thank Brett from Westinghouse enough. Give us a bunch of TVs at a few of our different stops. The swapmeat idea was fantastic. The folks in West Covina freaked out gave most of it away there. But bringing stuff to the people, even if it's just old you know Barbie dolls that were made the move you brighten a seven year old's day, right.
Speaker 3: And those all Tim Kates, you know, he aggregated that stuff as you would like to say. Matt distributed it to the promotional staff which was able to get it out to the people. I've been giving away used good for years at the remotes, and now we've started to use our own to try to us to give to everybody. And I do believe congratulations Tim Kates that was also a big hit.
Speaker 6: Well, I was just.
Speaker 3: Shows. I'll see if baseball.
Speaker 5: Everybody.
Speaker 7: I was just the one that cleaned out the PMS office. Now that the office is.
Speaker 2: Completely gutted, there's nothing left.
Speaker 7: There is nothing left outside of the personal things that you guys said you wanted in your desk and your old computers, have.
Speaker 3: The surf side box, which we're saving for the summer tour.
Speaker 7: All that is still there. But I think it's time for the Petrol of Money Show to start going through maybe offices or bedrooms or boxes in the garage at home and fighting stuff because that's that's all that's left.
Speaker 3: Where do you think I got the giant buffalo traced there display.
Speaker 7: And there's a good job by you for grabbing a lot of my.
Speaker 3: Stuff came from home.
Speaker 2: Matt brought the whittling hat like six hats yesterday, and.
Speaker 3: So finally, you know, even Matt Smith has gone into the annals of the cemetery of forgotten things right and started giving stuff out to the listeners. So I feel like we have we had a great season doing that. I feel like we have great momentum going forward into the future. And I don't think we have another remote planned anytime soon until opening day when the DOT take the field, and uh what is that?
Speaker 2: Uh March right late March. I believe, yeah, there's uh yeah, there is nothing on the schedule. We got our updated live remote schedule and there is.
Speaker 7: No there's no remote scheduled per se. If I have a timphany please, I think it's under t y in the.
Speaker 2: Machine already already after I just got this email yesterday that says up and remote.
Speaker 3: Complain about something.
Speaker 6: Wait, hold on, okay, all right about that.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, man, I think this is a valid complaint.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. This just literally just came yesterday. Updated remote broadcast for AM five to seventy LA Sports and kf I AM six forty.
Speaker 3: You don't think they're like adding another BJ's in Woodland Hills or something like that, you know, because the rams are rolling or.
Speaker 2: It says added Petrosen Money Dodger Stadium, May eleventh, al that's the only thing that was added.
Speaker 3: So we're cool, we're golden, right, we don't have to go anywhere. Well, yeah you do.
Speaker 7: Actually, what it's not far, it's far, it's not far relatively to the station. Next Friday, January thirtieth. A week from today, Clippers play at seven pregame at six. It's a three to six PMS show next Friday, week from today, January thirtieth, from four to five on the fifth floor right here at Iheartburbank one hour Petrol's and Money Show inside the locker room with.
Speaker 3: Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 2: Oh right there we go.
Speaker 7: And on Monday at three o'clock, the Petrol's the Money Show will let you know how you the listener can sign up and be in studio.
Speaker 3: It's not just gonna be one of salespeople and favors for Dave Weise, I said Dave Wes's nephews.
Speaker 7: Nope, I said that is done. Those days are over.
Speaker 2: Oh v.
Speaker 3: We don't have to sell our body to the night. I feel like we still have to sell our bodies.
Speaker 7: There will still be dignitaries from the fifth floor at iHeart in the room, but there will be a five seventy Dodger listeners that will be eligible to come and hang out for an hour.
Speaker 3: With mcgil listeners. The hero a game seven come on to and a great personality and a great guy and a guy who has truly truly endeared himself forever to the city of Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Your husband keeps lousy company, missus Samson as bad as there is in LA. And that's as bad as there is.
Speaker 3: They're gonna say that to him on Friday when he leaves here, because he will have been keeping some lousing company with Matt and myself. But this is exciting, and Migi Rojas is gonna be in town and is gonna be on with us on Friday.
Speaker 7: Well, don't forget. The Big Dodger Fest is the next day, Saturday, the thirty first David Vest. They will be broadcasting there beginning at ten am. So all the Dodger players are coming back to LA slowly, but surely they'll be there for fan Fest. And then Mickey Road is gonna be in studio right here with the Petrols and Money Show next Friday week from today.
Speaker 3: How many listeners get like, how many of these do you think?
Speaker 4: We? Like?
Speaker 3: What's the ballpark?
Speaker 2: I don't you know?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 7: Can we just leave it at that? I mean it feels like that's not pertinent to the conversation. I feel like it is, right Matt, Like, how I mean, you know the room upstairs, guys, the big listening in the area the big.
Speaker 2: Eight different rows and nice comfy chairs. Say about a hundred people food? Yeah? Undred Peopleyeah?
Speaker 3: How many are we going to actually give away as opposed to favors being done by luminarias?
Speaker 2: Don't work on our show? Care about our station exactly?
Speaker 7: Well, big boys gonna be there, Cruise will get them, Sure to get tickets. You got to Valentine will probably get tickets. Ellen will probably get tickets. Uh, Love Line will probably get tickets or love whatever that Coast show is. So you guys all get a few. Yeah, but it's should be.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna give away spot? Are we gonna be able to give away spots every day on the show.
Speaker 7: On Monday you'll find out how you can sign up to come in.
Speaker 2: You can sign up. How about we give it away on our show? How about we give it away on the air.
Speaker 6: You can do that.
Speaker 3: We can do that too.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: Today we have the Beach got to collect by giving it away on the air. Today we have the Beach Life to give away. But other than that, I think next week I would like to know what is the ballpark figure we can expect and how much of our hard work can we expect to be bastardized out to the fifth floor. FM people that Matt said, like he said, know nothing of our struggle. Nothing. They don't know what it's.
Speaker 7: Well, it is the floor guys that's there for the fifth so they get priority over everybody.
Speaker 3: Well, we can pack everybody down here. We can go nuts the butts here in this room right here, right, Put Rojas in here and get it up to like one hundred and twenty degrees with body heat. Just fill it up with a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: Just run a bunch of wires the bullpen. Do it in there. Man, you pack at least six or seven people in there. That rotten fridge got dragged out into the kf I news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now we can fit eight. So we do look forward to that and we will have details on what you can do to be part of that. Meggy Rojas inside the locker room. Do we have sponsorship yet?
Speaker 7: Don't need sponsorship yet for this.
Speaker 3: This is just a biggie row coming. It's not gonna be brought to you by Tim Kates's kimonos r us.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what what's Kate's's latest Japanese American adventure?
Speaker 7: Still working on a lot of stuff right now is doing ok now with boat tours. We got a lot of stuff, a lot of stuff right now, a lot of swords in the fire.
Speaker 2: So it's swords. I'm gonna just cut your guts out, all right.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna have a kicker on a good kicker most of them are. But we look forward to Harrison Mimus, Quinton Lake in the five o'clock gour and next up Don McClain. But a big round of applause for Tim Kates, Dave Weese, Miggi Rojas. Looking forward to that on a week from today inside the locker room McClain. Next on a frog Man Friday. This is Petrosend Money on Demand, Demand.
Speaker 2: Tru some money in five seven LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Big victory last night by the Clips over the Lakers. They will play again on Sunday. You'll hear that contest against the Brooklyn Nets tip off at six pm. Prior to that, we will have Patriots Broncos AFC Championship Football's. We are also your home of Super Bowl sixty that'll kick off at noon. It's a little bit of a doubleheader with football followed by Clippers basketball this coming Sunday.
Speaker 3: All right, joining us right now? Our number one guy. True, just like Jack Palance told the Jack Nicholson character and the first Batman, Don McLain is our number one guy, the BFF of the Petrosen Money Show, the leading score in the history of the PAC twelve, a hero in Seami Valley and beyond are u CLA legend, and a superstar basketball analysis FS one, Big Ten Network c AA. What doesn't he do? It is Don McLain, fresh off his rejuvenating restorative trip to the Northwest on your Southern California Toyota neither celebrity hotline on The Petrosen Money Show once again.
Speaker 6: Hello Don, how are you? That trip may have been rejuvenating. I don't know about restorative.
Speaker 3: Well, so yeah.
Speaker 6: And then you know, we got to see Elijah Arenas for the first time on Wednesday night at the Galen Center. So good to see him back playing. And we are FS one tomorrow Northwestern at UCLA, so looking forward to that one.
Speaker 3: We're always looking forward to everything that you do, Don, because you're the best. I know you're not surprised that Ucla beat Purdue. Being a former UCLA guy, but Mick cronin not happy with the with the schedule. McK cronin says, a Big Ten doesn't care about basketball, and that guy Dan finally had a pretty good game. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And what's interesting is Brad Taylor, who runs men's basketball at the conference level for the Big Ten, has been around. I saw him in Washington last week and then he came down here. He was at the USC game Wednesday, so that game for due UCLA was Tuesday, and you know, he he said, you know, I can't believe make And I'm like, Brad, you know what. You knew this was coming, Like when when the four schools in the West decided to join the Big Ten. Everyone with the brain knew that someone was going to complain about the schedule. You can't be surprised about this. The only people who aren't complaining really are the football people because this move was made for football. So basketball in every other sport is not going to be happy with the schedule. I go to Oregon, they can plain about the schedule. I go to Washington, they complain about it. So it's not unique to Mike Mix is the only one that goes out, you know, in this press conference and says stuff publicly publicly, but everyone's complaining about it, and so there's really no answer to that other than you know, maybe try maybe try better, try harder to not make it five games and seven, five out of seven on the road and whatever UCLA schedule was. And it's funny because talking to other coaches and I would and we start talking about schedule, I'm like, yeah, you should see UCLA's and then they look up UCLA schedule and they're like, oh, yeah, that's bad. So it's not surprising to anybody. Mix took some incoming for what he said because it was after a big win against Purdue.
Speaker 3: But you know what, like I said, you knew.
Speaker 6: This was coming, So don't be surprised that people are complaining about it.
Speaker 2: It was the four roadies out of five games. They you know, Iowa, Wisconsin, come all the way back to play Maryland and then they got to go all the way back out to play Penn State in Ohio State. So don you've done this. I think some people would look at it and go, Okay, I mean, that's really the only stretch that sucks over the course of your season. It's essentially two and a half weeks like, how big of a deal is that. Is it a huge deal to have that in the middle of your season in conference or trying to make the tournament, or is it just a pretty crappy two and a half weeks you got to deal with.
Speaker 6: Well again, man, I go back to what I just said. You knew this was coming, so it's yes, would it be better if it was in February, No, it wouldn't. But it's right at the beginning of the restart of the conference schedule. So it kind of hits you right in the mouth again because you get through Christmas, the holidays, you're restarting the conference and you're like, all right, let's get off to a good start, guys, and then all of a sudden you got four or five on the road. And I think that's the problem and why Mick was frustrated and is frustrated with it. But again, there's no solution to it. Okay, okay, Mick, Well let's put it in February. Will that make you feel better? Probably not. It's just it's the way it is when you have four teens in the Pacific time zone playing in the Big Ten, the.
Speaker 3: One and only Don McClain dropping the knowledge like he always does on the Petrosen Money Show, and we're happy to have him. Don do you have a strong opinion regarding the guy that was in the G League and now he gets to play for Alabama? The Alabama Alum judge gave him a temporary restraining order to play. I think you exhausted your eligibility, but you could hit some mid range for Mick right now.
Speaker 6: I have a strong opinion, Pee, but it really like, what what good is it going to do? I'm with Dan Hurley, I'm with Tom Izzoh, I'm with the the CALIPERI, I'm with all the coaches that have spoke out this is I mean, if you haven't thought that the nil and portal era has become ridiculous, now you layer this on top of that, Now it's just stupid. I mean, it's triple stupid ridiculous to let a guy so again. And I think I mentioned this when we talked about it before. One of my jobs that I do for CIA in running the pre draft is making decisions on guys should they stay in the draft, where are they potentially going in the draft, or should they go back to school. Now that's changed because of nil and how much money these high level players can get for going back to school. So that's changed the decision making a little bit, but it was always like, in my mind, a big decision because if you choose to stay in, that's final, Like you can't go back to school. You know, you're on your own if you don't get drafted, or even if you're a second rounder and you thought you were a first, like your road to making it in the NBA is really really difficult. Well, now who cares. I'm gonna enter the draft, stay in the draft because guess what, guys, if it doesn't work out in a year or two, I can go right back to college. Now all I have to do is find a judge that's dumb enough and is a homer enough for the school that I'm trying to get back into. Will rule in my favor. Like it's it's everyone says the wild Wild West. I'm I'm searching for something better than that wild wild West. Yeah it is the wild West, but something like the dumb ridiculous wild wild West. You know it's it's it's ridiculous how bad it's gotten.
Speaker 3: So like that Will Smith movie, The Dumb Ridiculous wild. Wow, Well there you go. Yeah, it was stupid.
Speaker 6: Hey, there you go.
Speaker 2: On you mentioned tom Izzo and it reminded me. I saw that this morning. I don't know if you saw it, but I'm wondering if you could share the meanest thing a coach ever said to you. And I don't know if he saw it, but he was picked as you were calling the game, so you may not have. But Kurtang against Oregon, he only played eight minutes and Iszo aired him out. In the huddle that FS one was micing up, he said, you couldn't guard my mother, Dorothy, And then in his press he said, we're all flying back to Lance and I'm gonna drop him off in Appleton and he and my mom are going to go one on one. Check the USA today, Marrow with the box score. What's the meanest thing a coach ever said to you?
Speaker 6: Well, the word on the street is ISO's mom's got a really good pull up game and it's hard to guard. So the meanest thing anyone's ever said to me. Well, one of the funny it wasn't said to me. But I don't know why this sticks out. I guess because we're talking UCLA and I thought about it. We're halftime of the Arizona game my freshman year. Trevor Wilson's a junior. It was a big game, like we were I think we were ranked but not high, but they were like number two in the country or something. And at halftime, Herrick's going on about what we're not doing right? I think we're only down, Like I forget what We're down, probably six or eight something like that. He looks at Trevor and he goes, Wilson, you got one more rebound than a dead man, because he had one rebound at halftime.
Speaker 3: We don't have a dead guy in our starting five more than a dead man.
Speaker 1: Don.
Speaker 3: The thing with the Lakers has gotten really ugly.
Speaker 6: I mean I heard you guys the other day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know when somebody starts saying you should have never been born, you know, you feel like the family is really hit rock bottom. This can't end well for anybody. And it looks like Lebron says he doesn't care. You know, he cares. He's super butt hurt. I mean, what is this going to affect their season or are they going to just lose in the first round like they normally do.
Speaker 6: I think probably the same losing the first round. I mean, they're just wildly inconsistent, especially on defense. You know, the one thing I took from it, I'm not trying to be funny and I'm not trying to be mean. And I read that article just like you guys did. And at the end of the day, in listening to Genie Buss on your show and on other things, she never struck me as somebody really smart. She just didn't. And again, I'm not trying to be mean. She doesn't. She's a nice lady, seems very nice, but didn't strike me as like one of those people that is that sharp, that's smart, that can get what she wants, and she did. I mean, who can cash out and keep her position? Like who's ever done that before? Like sold a team, sold a business, sold whatever, and kept their job, but got all the money and put it in the bank.
Speaker 3: Like I don't.
Speaker 6: I never I would have never guessed that she was that sharp to get that done, But she did.
Speaker 2: What do you make of the you know, and look, that's that's we said this the other day. It's like, yeah, we're gonna gravitate to that because we know the Busses You've heard her on the show a million times. She's been on with us, we know Jesse and Joey. But the national media seized upon the she hates Lebron, she doesn't like Clutch. She' you know, he didn't appreciate them drafting Bronni is that Is that a big deal to the team or is it just a big deal to Lebron and his his pals that run his empire.
Speaker 6: You know, that's a tough one. I mean, I don't know. I mean mission accomplished. I mean, Lebron got Bronnie drafted. There, He's still in the organization, so he got it done. And whether that pis Genie off or not, I mean, I guess who cares because it happened and it's still happening. You know, Look, Lebron's at the end, and I think if he's still if we still thought he had five or seven more years left and to play, I think this conversation would be different. But the fact that he's almost at the end and it kind of feels like this is the end. This season, they're for sure not a contender to win a championship. They're a good team. They're going to make the playoffs. We'll see what happens. But to me, it's really not that big of a deal in what this article and what this narrative or conversation, the effect it has on the season, to me really doesn't matter because they're not a championship contender. They're just not.
Speaker 3: But what about those clips don here, they're either.
Speaker 2: Three word answer, they're not either fine, dody fine? Uh real quick, don before you go the uh you mentioned it, you were you were in the building for Elijah last night. I know, you know, kind of overshadow a little bit by a lost in Northwestern but just kind of what little well, what was it like just kind of the I would assume a lot of emotion considering you know, poor kid almost freaking died.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well Chris Paul was at that game speaking of the Clippers, and that was an interesting conversation. Hadn't seen him since all that stuff went down, But that's for another time. Yeah, look, this kid's going to be really good.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 6: He hadn't played a real game in a long time. They put him. He played thirty two minutes, which I couldn't believe. But basically it was just how he felt and he stayed out there struggled from the field, but you can just tell there's a there's a lot of talent there and eventually, whether it takes two games, five games, whatever it takes, he's going to have a major impact on USC season. I didn't really get the sense, you know, from the car wreck to the knee injury, it was about that. It was just more about him getting back on the court, getting acclimated, helping this USC team win. But it was great to see him out there because he was going to be I went to practice in October and Must told me that he was going to be the starting point guard and that when he got heard it really changed things for them. The good news is is must has put it together. There's still an empty tournament team as of right now without him. Now that he's back, you would assume that eventually they're going to be better with him in the lineup. So we'll see. But it was great to see him back and great to see, you know, all of Gilbert's friends. There's a lot of guys there to support Elijah and Gilbert and in the building on Wednesday night, so that was fun.
Speaker 3: Did they reassemble Muscleman after he exploded last night. Is there any word if they put his body back together?
Speaker 6: I haven't heard. I don't have sc till a week from tomorrow, so I'll let you know next week. But I haven't heard whether he's reassembled or not.
Speaker 3: I wonder if those Russian card player guys showed up to what Ah the great Don McClain, nobody's better. We love you, Don, Have a great night, and have a great weekend. All right, guys, talk to you next week. We'll be right back with some text ussos coming up.
Speaker 1: New Southern California's most listened to the sports talk shows Money on Demand, Petro.
Speaker 2: Some Money, AM five seventy LA, Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio Epic. Thank you to Don McClain. Still to come our NFL Power Hour, five o'clock hour, We've got Quinton Lake Rams safety Harrison MeVis, the thicker kicker for the Rams as they are in the NFC Championship Game, trying to get to their second Super Bowl with the Sean McVay, Matthew Stafford Combo of course knocked off the Cincinnati Bengals back in twenty twenty one. See if they can make it two in five years, as they will play the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday. Sunday, we'll have the Patriots Broncos AFC Championship game at noon, followed by Clippers nets basketball, which is much more exciting than the NFC Championship game.
Speaker 3: So, like Matt said, the NFL Hour of Power with Matt Smith, the voice of the Bolts, and two Rams, what an unlikely trio. It's almost like David Vassa is producing the show with all this Rams, love Today, Rama, lamadingda. Way to go, Don McClain, a big thank you. We'll have minor sports stories in the very next segment. Don McClain used to work on the Clipper broadcast, but this year he's this year. He used to always do the Last Chance of the season, but this year somebody told him not to do it. So I didn't ask him about this because I don't know, maybe he didn't want to talk about it. But the Lakers and the Clippers did play last night, as you know, Matt and the Clippers did win last night. As you know, JJ Reddick looked disgusted, absolutely disgusted.
Speaker 2: I think they were down twenty I was watching it. It was on Amazon Prime. Kevin Harlan yeah, you had access to it, Candace Parker. Yeah, it was good to hear Harlan Wae. Wait, it was good to hear Harlan back.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I needed Dwayne Wader, Candas Parker, to be honest with you, didn't need them and didn't need Lebron coming over and acting like he's friends with Dwayne Wade when he didn't even show up for his statue unveiling with his crazy face statue.
Speaker 2: That was golf dude. He got onto Pinehurst number two, so he had to take that opportunity.
Speaker 3: Shady Canyon. You know they do no subs there in Irvine matter as you know.
Speaker 2: That's what it was. It was shady.
Speaker 7: But how about Dwayne Wade's brilliant and now or commentary about down twenty five. This team just looks like they didn't show up tonight. I think the story everybody's talking about's gotten to them. Oh thanks, Dwayne, that's actually pretty good that.
Speaker 2: I kind of like that. Gates. Hey man, you all say that that stuff doesn't affect them, We'll guess it affected these guys.
Speaker 3: Man. Well, how about this, There was a Laker fan that had the balls. There was a Laker fan that had to sack to try to climb the wall, to try to be one of the bricks in the wall.
Speaker 2: What are they thinking, Man, you get killed doing something like that.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't get killed, but you do get a strongly worded letter. Oh, which you love.
Speaker 2: I love a strongly worded letter.
Speaker 3: So they hand you a card. And the guy that was the Laker fan in the wall last night looks like he tweeted out his card that they handed him the wall police. And here I can read it for you if you would like me to read I will read it for you right now. Uh oh, looks like you've crossed into forbidden I did not make any of this up, by the way. Oh oh, looks like you have crossed into forbidden territory in the wall. The wall is a sacred space for Clipper fans only, and right now here are a little out of bounds cheering for another team or rocking gear. That's not all about the La Clippers, not in our house. This is your one and only warning. If you break the wall code again, you'll be shown the door. No refund, no mercy, and yes you'll be judged by all of Clipper Nation. And if your chuck Mark Certified. You'll lose that coveted certification, your access to the wall, and you'll be paying full price for concessions from here on out. No more insider deals for you. You've been warned. Hashtag Clipper Nation. What do you think of that, Matt Well? I think it's an official document from not just a building a security detail, but an actual nation, Clipper Nation, right, yeah, you know, see it comes with some gravitas. I sure as heck wouldn't want to go back into that spot again. You know, I think those threats carry some weight. I don't want what am I in the chuck Buck Club or something like that, the chuck Mark certified, So not check Mark but chuck Mark.
Speaker 2: Oh I apparently if you're the condor.
Speaker 3: Chuck Mark Certified, you get to get concessions for a slightly lower price.
Speaker 2: You get the sushi burrito for thirty eighty.
Speaker 3: Five dollars we're supposed to ninety five.
Speaker 2: Yes, Well, a sovereign nation delivering a strongly worded letter like that is no laughing matter. I would take that very seriously. And he immediately returned to whatever seat I was assigned in my Laker jersey to show my appreciation for the team that fell behind by twenty six and, as Dwayne Wade said, clearly was affected by the story posted by the Baxter Holmes and ESPN doctor.
Speaker 3: That's good stuff by Dwayne Wade. That's a bad read by you kids. Yeah, kJ you loser, even though Wade is terrible, and so's Candace Parker and so's everybody else.
Speaker 2: All right, it is top Kevin Harlan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's all right, fine.
Speaker 8: Brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: How many lines of cheese did Tim Kates do yesterday? Solo in the studio? He sounds super hopped up on something Bolivia knows nachos.
Speaker 2: Did you see the Michael Irvin podcast thing him addressing that everyone says he's all yacked up?
Speaker 3: I did not, he said, although I have been around him in person on a few occasions for days on end, and I could say, you know, he disappears to the bathroom more than most people.
Speaker 2: So his defense was, Man, anybody that's ever done cocaine knows you can't be.
Speaker 3: Yacked up for five hours straight.
Speaker 9: You can't.
Speaker 1: I was like.
Speaker 2: People that sure you can't, that don't know would think that.
Speaker 3: Look, yesterday was a three hour show. Kates was going before and an hour after.
Speaker 2: It was blowing that Bolivian nosecandy man.
Speaker 7: Line.
Speaker 8: Brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy, Matt. It was lines of cheese and Bolivia knows nachos. Proclamation and city acknowledgments are one thing. But when you fool's gonna get an honorary city day, maybe some city mayor can give you, guys, June the third as Petros and money Day.
Speaker 9: If a team gave it, just collapse year after year after year, and they wear down and the big payroll stars wear down, and the one year they win, it's a sixty game season. Its effectively, June to third is what after sixty games? So I mean to call that a championship. It pissed me off they didn't win this year because I've been hearing the Giants fans over and over agaid, this is a little real championship. Last year it isn't because that's the third.
Speaker 8: The secret text us a fine brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: We take a day, but we're happy with these prop animations. We're trying to grow. We're growing slowly. We got a sernos A and rvine and calendars. We're doing great. This is about a guy and I think and his wife yop so Emma and I are watching the twentieth anniversary Lakers versus Raptors game on NBA TV, and I said to Amma, man, Kobe's gonna score seventy tonight. I don't know why I said it, but.
Speaker 7: I just was like, Yeah, did you guys see the postgame on Amazon Prime last night? Why don't I ask?
Speaker 2: I know you guys, don't. I almost definitely turned it off. At the end of the game.
Speaker 7: You Donna's haslam, Blake Griffin and Turk Noovsky and crew, and they played that SoundBite of the lebron Yeah, I knew, right, and then all of them just paused, and I think Blake Griffin, if I remember right, was the first one that just kind of broke the silence, like, well if you said he predicted it, and I guess he did, right.
Speaker 3: This says he's the king, all right, the King of hindsight? What a LaDou?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, I bet he's gonna score. I told my guys. I was home, He's got score seventy tonight, and then when he got seventy, I was like, oh, come on now, man, just go for eighty.
Speaker 3: Vanja Lebron predicted that Will Chamberlain would score one hundred points twenty three years before he was born. Frogman Friday continues in the next hour as the Petrosen Money Show will get you your word, your number.
Speaker 2: We got more Lebron and number of the day. By the way, how.
Speaker 3: Much more Lebron could there be?
Speaker 2: Well for people that like a certain style of Lebron news, you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Like this.
Speaker 3: Is it a ball washing?
Speaker 6: Jo?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I was happy that you finally did your first long form anti Lebron piece of the season, Matt, because you know, you usually do the last dance of the season with a great partner, and I've been having to pick up a lot out of the Lebron slack. I don't know, maybe you're just disappointed about the Chargers losing or something, but I was happy in it. I was happy finally that you've finally came with what I expected.
Speaker 2: Party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is it? Cats? I saw you looking at me all weird.
Speaker 7: Two things, and I know we gotta break. How soon before Lebron's got his own golfing clothing line like Travis Matthew and two when he golfs, it's.
Speaker 3: Going to be called revisionist history gear.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Do you think it covers up the dome with a hat or like an old timey peaky blinders style golf hat?
Speaker 2: Oh, peaky blinders right, Yeah, to be part of the I cheet at golf God line of clothing. How soon before he gets a hole in the water shoots sixty five right right?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I knew Jack Nicholas was going to do it in eighty six. That's why I told my boys. I told my boys at the nursery, the Bear's gonna do it. The Bear's gonna do it. I could feel it.
Speaker 3: Oh, we'll be back with more petros and money on him. Seventy on eight sports weren't number song of today