Speaker 1: App.
Speaker 2: This is camp An News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six IIAHF World Junior Championship. Good morning, Zaan Calverson here filling in for Chris Hockey. It's the news thanks to the World Juniors which are coming to town in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: World Juniors. Im into six dot com for.
Speaker 2: Tickets And by the way, we'll have those games the Team USA games for you right here on the fan and KFAM plus looking.
Speaker 1: Forward to being on the call for those.
Speaker 2: So if you can't make it to the game, certainly tune in right here the fan and KFE and plus.
Speaker 1: More details to come on that.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of Minnesota sports events, a premier event for Minnesota high school basketball and he dined as being canceled. He nine His interim school superintendent told organizers that the district didn't feel comfortable holding the Breakdown tip Off Classic, which was scheduled at the high school and Community Center this weekend and close to three dozen boys seems are already planning on taking part.
Speaker 1: The interim superintendent added that.
Speaker 2: The complexity of hosting an event with thousands of.
Speaker 1: People needs to be evaluated. So what am I missing? They canceled it because they.
Speaker 2: Didn't I couldn't guarantee the security of the event. They didn't foresee this level of logistics.
Speaker 3: I don't know man in over their heads or what happened. I guess I don't get the specifics of it.
Speaker 1: That's what it's here.
Speaker 2: I mean, there was like there was an incident last week between Hopkins.
Speaker 1: And oh yeah Harden. There was a game, right there.
Speaker 2: Was a fight in the stands, So I don't know if that motivated it, but yeah, major major event. I know the Breakdown, tip Off Classic. I know the people at Breakdown and it's uh, it's a big deal.
Speaker 4: So that's tough this late in the game. Yeah, yeah, to shut her down. But if security is the concern, then that's the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, correct badly is it.
Speaker 4: Hurts and puts people in a bad spot, you gotta do it well.
Speaker 2: John Security he is a concern at this Fridley nursing home where a man is accused of throwing burning items into the nursing home where he lived.
Speaker 1: Joey Bowser Well.
Speaker 2: Joel Velada Molina has been charged with arson, attempted assault and assault against a peace officer. Please say The incident happened Monday at the facility on East.
Speaker 1: River Road Northeast.
Speaker 2: When authorities arrived, the twenty seven year old defendant was hold up in his room. Melita Molina, then broke a window and escaped before he was restrained and arrested. He's currently being held in the Anoka County Jail.
Speaker 4: Is this was an assisted living or a nursing home you said?
Speaker 1: Or was I a Fridley nursing home where he lives? So I don't know? Seven years old? You said, yeah, Oh yeah, the guy likes to party. It's a right balled answer.
Speaker 2: Some people look at that club twenty seven club.
Speaker 3: Again to be there for sure as a guy that has wanted to dabble in arson Yeah, where no one gets hurt.
Speaker 4: I thought you meant dab I thought you were going to say dabble in nursing homes.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I just want to burn something down, but I do want to do it. I don't want to control burn. I've had people email me over the years going like, have you out for controlled burn? That's very nice of you. I appreciate the offer.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 3: Burn something down that isn't supposed to be burned down. I just don't want to get in trouble for it, and I don't want anybody to get hurt. But I do want to just sneak up on a house and burn it to the.
Speaker 2: Ground at some point in my life. You know you weren't in lootsing them a year and a half ago, are you?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 3: I was there in a day and a half before that, though, Yeah, you're everywhere right before something weird happened. Don't worry about it, baby, I'm not tald you think it'd be fun, yeah, to burn something down, John, Come on, man, I was a pyro as a kid, see, so I grew up idolizing Beavis.
Speaker 4: I told you about the guy gets it when I the guy that was mean that lived on my dad's property up north, and he told me to watch this fire.
Speaker 1: He was burning.
Speaker 4: Garbage, and that he had his hay piled up that he would put around the trailer home to stay warm in the winter. And he was like just always was mean and rough talk to me when my dad wasn't around, and so he was like, make sure this doesn't get.
Speaker 1: To the hay.
Speaker 4: And I was like, this dude's a hole. So I let the fire over to it and my dad was like, would you say to my son? And the guy shut up because my dad had upounded him. So I got even.
Speaker 1: So that was my That's brilliant. That was But no, I don't have the desire. Yeah, and that guy deserved it. I'd love that story. See, I still have that fire in my belly. You needed to do that, yep.
Speaker 3: I got to get it out of my system at some point where I could go and do that.
Speaker 1: You need help let me get back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you can fill that fire in your belly up with Crispy Kreme Donuts. We talked about it yesterday, but now today is the day. It's the day of dozens twelve twelve. To mark you occasion, Krispy Kreme is selling a dozen of their original glaze donuts for one dollar with the purchase of another dozen at regular price. The deal is good on in stored online orders today only. So if you want to swing by, I don't know if that's Brooklyn Center or Friendly or wherever that is technically located, but enjoy if you want. They're hot and ready. Wait, no, that's a little season.
Speaker 1: That's little seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're hot, and what's the donut one hot.
Speaker 3: And krispy Kreme is essentially the Twin Cities specifically is kind of like the gal who wasn't super attractive in high school but then came back and slayed it at the ten year reunion, because like, let's just be honest, right, it failed epically when it first came here, there were too many of them, then disappeared for like a decade maybe more. Now like I'm walking through Target and they have krispy Kreme like display stands with like a tower of Krispy Kremes that you can buy six or twelve. Like, man, we went from Krispy Kreams everywhere to absolutely off the face of the earth. Couldn't find him in the Twin Cities, and now they're like, I'm back and I'm hotter than ever.
Speaker 1: You do look good. Good to see you.
Speaker 3: I had him when Zach got him or whatever, when he waited two hours in line and to bring him in. I don't want to talk about it. He doesn't want to talk about it. Great bit, that's my favorite. It's one of the best. Man shout out to Andy from Luther Ye.
Speaker 2: With all due respect to krispy Kreme, Like unless they're like, you know, I mean, they're good regardless, but if you're gonna go Krispy Cream, you gotta go right off the old glaze rack or whatever they call that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's also.
Speaker 5: Right off the I don't think he likes the glaze rack. I think he likes the glaze part. That's that's the job to hold the rack, hold the rack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and let me look this up, right off the glaze.
Speaker 1: Light and followed by Tommy.
Speaker 3: Google says that is episode three of Heated Rivalry. Oh what does that mean? Brilliant man. I want Krispy Kreme. I have my appetite back now from being sick. I want to eat everything. Well, welcome back. Yeah, I want to go to Raising Canes today.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, you are. It's the hot now sign. By the way, they have a big sign that says hot now. And when the hot doughnuts are hot, you can get them straight off the glazerack.
Speaker 1: You should.
Speaker 4: There should be a T shirt that says that they're probably now. Yeah, oh yeah, with the neon that is the Krispy Kream sign.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's there's somebody out there planning their Friday night tonight wearing that shirt.
Speaker 3: At the club Zach, that conveyor belt that the donuts go under, right, that you go into that like glazed waterfall.
Speaker 1: I could be the one at Mall of America.
Speaker 3: If that was human size, not donut size. Would you lay in your back and just get absolutely obliterated obliterated by a glazed waterfall?
Speaker 2: Would you like to be just covered in glaze? I mean I mean, yeah, I just grab a towel. Yeah, sorry, yep, I'm tired and very horny. Oh yeah, I mean that's that's a given. Remember the the old drunk Virginia Raccoon?
Speaker 1: Sure, Oh, you gonna have to make SNL last week?
Speaker 2: Well, merchant, yeah, how about that? What's her name is? Sarah? Sarah Sherman's hilarious phenomenal merchandise showcasing that famous drunk Virginia Raccoon has helped raise thousands, make that hundreds of thousands for a local shelter. The Hanover County Animal Protection and Shelter worked with online platform bonfire to create a line of shirts, hats, and other featured in the Raccoon, and two hundred thousand dollars has been raised so far.
Speaker 4: That's half of what there that's twice of what the initials jackpot is.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of money. That's two initials jackpots.
Speaker 3: So good for the that's a good barometer for all financial numbers.
Speaker 1: Just how does it relate to the initials jack correct? My goodness.
Speaker 3: I had a guy yesterday offered me ten dollars to tell him the initials today. That's disrespectful, Like, yeah, lose my job over rigging it for ten bucks? You I mean, I mean I took it and I just gave him two fake letters, but still the ten dollars.
Speaker 1: Are you a baseball pitcher? Yeah? Well played.
Speaker 2: Good luck calling in now with the wrong letters. Well that's what's going around the country. Here's what's happening in your neck of the woods.
Speaker 1: Corey. See two that there's going to be a weatherman. Look at that.
Speaker 2: Two people are accused of kidnapping a federal agent. She's during a homeland security investigation in the Twin Cities. Investigators were looking for a student, they say, overstate his visa around an apartment complex on Lancaster Laid North in Plymouth.
Speaker 1: Last night.
Speaker 2: That student and a woman drove off, but not before an agent hopped inside their car and told them to pull over. Well, they didn't stop until making it to the New Hope Police department, where the two were arrested. Oh, I don't know why you uh, you're running from the cops to the cops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's kind of weird. That's not right.
Speaker 2: No, you criminals out in Plymouth are not very smart.
Speaker 1: I don't know where that load is.
Speaker 2: Take Lancaster Line. It's Plumouths a big city. It sure is not familiar with that. Hey, you know what I did this week? This is a I don't know why I thought it a stranger.
Speaker 1: No, but.
Speaker 3: No, When the real ID deadline was hitting, and the weight was sometimes weeks or a month or two if you wanted an appointment, or or like I tried a couple of times, if you just went to the old DMV, sometimes the line was three to four hours. I'm like, god, dang it, I have a passport, though, I'll just wait, even though Rosie says, like eighty percent of people have passports, So.
Speaker 1: I'm not good.
Speaker 3: I just waited, waited, waited, waited without so at some time this weeklet's see zero minute waits this week, it's like the weight's over right. Yeah, but I'm but I'm walking in. I get my number. It looks like there's one person in front of me.
Speaker 1: No big deal.
Speaker 3: That guy gets called immediately. So I'm sitting in the little waiting area waiting to be next and I get called quickly.
Speaker 1: But I'm standing next to this guy and he also.
Speaker 3: Needs a new ID, and they're asking him for you know, utility bills, proof of residency. Do you have a birth certificate? Do you have a passport? And he just keeps saying no, and then and then it was something like do you have Oh god, what did she ask do you have? I don't remember which piece of I got, dang it, I forget which piece of paperwork she asked for. And his response was I don't have that. I just got out of prison. She and I'm like, this guy is really starting from square one. I'm complaining that it's taken me like six months to get a real ID and I have all my documents that I'm ready to go. This guy just walked up to the window and he's raw dogging he didn't have anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you have this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Do you have that? No? Do you have this? No? Do you have that? Nope?
Speaker 3: Just got out of prison. That's the luck to you, buddy, you get a rewind. I don't believe he got it. I don't think he did pull your hands up with Zach.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But I do know his exact height and weight because he said it very loudly. He was five ten five.
Speaker 1: That's not very huge, bitch. Not very sturdy. No, not very sturdy. Hey man, whatever you're into, I don't know what you're into. I mean that's probably Timothy Show. He needs a fresh starts act. If the man start over, get my license.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're that size and you've been in prison, you can take a pounding.
Speaker 1: Yep, well said quote of the week.
Speaker 3: You also probably have been on a human human conveyor belt and got glaze and I my choice, hey man, hot.
Speaker 5: Now yeah to pleasant? Yeah? So good, God, what a great. That's a great in prison?
Speaker 1: No idea? Right? I wonder what is jail? He said prison? Do you ever say his name loudly? No?
Speaker 3: I didn't hear what it was. It would have been nice if you just went through his entire story.
Speaker 2: That would what were you in for? It's a matter of public record. You could have looked it up, just say hey, or maybe you could have asked for tips. Maybe it was an arson charge. Correct, Well, that's a great point. Maybe it was john Mark Carr.
Speaker 1: But I'm not a complete cycle.
Speaker 3: So like you just did that story about the kidnapping charges, right, or I don't want to kidnap anybody, there's no I don't have to, no piece of me. That's like, man, I'd love to just take somebody for a couple of days and see what happens.
Speaker 6: No, are you not interested? Just that sentence sounds ridiculous, right, Yeah, not interesting, kid, I want to kidnap anybody. Stockholm syndrome can be pretty romantic. See, you need to take it down and you need to.
Speaker 3: Set in some random building a blaze. That that sounds like fun to me. Yeah, that's hot exactly.
Speaker 4: Now, when it eventually happens, it can be like he talked about it all the time, right on a one hundred thousand watt radio.
Speaker 1: It's spread the homes. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: As I'm walking away in handcuffs, some one of those cops are gonna go was it worth it?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go absolutely, And.
Speaker 3: Then like eighteen months later, I'll be at the DMV without the correct paperwork asking for a real id.
Speaker 2: There you go saying you're going to burn this place to the ground heavily implied.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, what were you in for, Arison give him a little wink point to my watch, like you better hustle. Yep, because I can't say it if I say I'm gonna burn this place of the ground, that I go back to prison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if it's heavily implied, I like it well, because as you always say, they have Netflix, everything you have. That is true.
Speaker 3: Again, if I just was into dropping the soap, Yeah, it's kind of my paradise. Yeah, you can you shoot a little hoops. Yeah, watch the Netflix play some cards for smokes. Yeah right, I don't even want them. I just want to win. No, but I win cigarettes. As Worm says, the smokes would keep you to what you're used to. They'd let you around open fire though.
Speaker 5: No, but you're not smoking. You just you keep them and then you give them to other people to keep you from the rock Currncy.
Speaker 3: But Zachary, I'm not. I'm not addicted to arson. I'm not an arsonist. I want to dabble in Arson. So it's not like if I go to prison, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like man, I gotta get out so I can burn stuff. I just want to do it once. But you might love it. Yeah, but that's I think you might love it.
Speaker 2: You try it once and it's like, you know, the first hits free, and then you just want to what's the diminishing returns you have chasing the race in the dragon? You just want to burn bigger and bigger things next thing. You know, you're a cereal flamer.
Speaker 3: Tommy that all of the podcast. Johnny K You're the best dude. Yeah, I love you guys. Happy holidays. No, it's almost the end of twenty twenty five. I know twenty twenty six is run around the corner. There's probably three hundred and sixty five days next year. I don't know IF's a leap. Three hundred and sixty five days. That's a lot of opportunities to do.
Speaker 4: What to Go to John Creesel dot com and hire me to speak and inspire your organization. Go to John creesol dot com. Plenty of openings, Zach No, you only got.
Speaker 1: Two, John, I'm having a hard time motivating right now.
Speaker 3: I want I've been fantasizing about arson, but I've never actually done it. Could I maybe go to one of your species and get inspired.
Speaker 1: You could.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'll inspire you to do whatever. John Creesel dot com. I love you guys, Love to Scull Vikings Skull.
Speaker 1: JJ McCarthy. Let's see more steps, Let's go. Are you here next Friday?
Speaker 4: I will be here next Friday with bells on.
Speaker 1: You're an American treasure. John Friesel dot com.
Speaker 3: Bye, so also walk us through the sports in a second. Marnie Gilller should be here shortly. Elizabeth Reeson like ten minutes. Ben leeber right around eight fifteen for Initials Game six oh seven. I think I think we're on six oh seven. One hundred and five thousand, five hundred dollars up for grabs with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials Jackpot.
Speaker 7: Time now for the Vikings Report presented by Hive, the official grocery corner of the Minnesota Vikings. Linebacker Jonathan Grenard joins the Power Trip next thanks to hivy Man.
Speaker 2: The holiday season is the perfect time to give and receive. This December partner with builders and remodelers and get great savings on any project plus up to five hundred dollars in holiday groceries and Builders and Remodelers will make a matching donation to Second Harvest Heartland. Visit Builders and Remodelers dot com to help give this holiday season.
Speaker 3: Marty Gellner is here. Elizabeth Ree should be here in like fifteen minutes. Ben Lieber in forty five initials at a fifteen. Marnie's basically the twenty twenty five champs. She won everything this year. She just won a billion times whatever. But run up the score, right, the wild did it last night?
Speaker 1: They ran it up. Mars just run it out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, embarrassed. Not the attitude I take. I still don't play like a chap well surprised and I'll accept it. I'll accept it. I've I've hit a stroke of luck, for sure. I figured out when to like latch onto a word that you're saying and try to figure out the puzzle of an individual word.
Speaker 1: You've cracked the code?
Speaker 8: No, definitely not, but I'm I'm slowly figuring it out.
Speaker 1: Welcome back from Fargo. Thank you. How was the flight uneventful? Awesome? Shockingly uneventful? Fly in the what was it like? Flying private? Not a bad gig? Yeah? I mean Fargo to Saint Paul.
Speaker 8: The private terminal in Saint Paul is as long as my drive from Saint Paul to my house, even without traffic, forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: M never flown private, never flown out of Saint Paul.
Speaker 1: Obviously pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Does it?
Speaker 1: Does it feel weird though? Or not? You've done it enough, Okay, it doesn't rough.
Speaker 8: It's a It's an incredible way to go. I parked. They were kind of waiting for me because I was doing radio on Tuesday, and they moved the flight up because of the weather, and they were like, we're gonna get out of here as soon as we can. Get here as soon as you can. It was just me and one other person on the plane.
Speaker 1: The suit. Oh of so that again pop up? What were you saying? Yeah, that's awesome. Mike Selberg is an awesome human being. Am.
Speaker 8: But I drove through the security gate, they gave me the code, I drove up, I drove thirty feet from the plane, grabbed my bag, walked onto the plane. They're like, all right, everybody ready, and we left.
Speaker 1: Man, that's so cool.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't know five minutes passed from the time I parked the time we took off.
Speaker 3: So as a as a professional who has flown for years and years and years with sports teams and whatnot, I'm sure you've had a million different flight experiences, but what's have you ever had something way more extravagant than that? I'm talking like, have you ever been on a plane, a private plane in the past where you were like, I feel like I'm Taylor Swift right now. You ever had something close to them? Or is this close?
Speaker 8: Well on the whole ad plane one time in a for a twins event like eight years ago, maybe with Kent Turbeck and we flew to I want to say Bamigie was a northern Minnesota town short flight and there's that plane was the same basic size as the bell Bank plane.
Speaker 1: I think it holds maybe ten and I mean the.
Speaker 8: Leather seats, the luxury, the arm rests, everything being that high quality. I don't know what is it, wood grain, leather type of I mean just that was the nicest plane I've ever been on and again once and I've only been on the bell Bank plane like four times, so it's not a It's not like, well, this is the only flying and when I fly private with the Timberwolves. We go to a private terminal, but we have to show our id, our bags, have to go through screening.
Speaker 1: There's a line you get.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: It's still it's a great way to go, but it's not like walking onto the pole Ad private jet. It's the next level luxury. Corey, if you've never done it, shocking reality.
Speaker 3: You definitely answered the question the way that I meant it to. But like, it's weird that when I said, have you ever had one of those unbelievably extravagant experiences? I was hoping you were going to say, like, yeah, you know, Kevin McHale and Garnet and Zerbiak and I flew to the Maldives for someone, But instead you went to Bemigie with her back.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, yeah, for a miracle field unveiled.
Speaker 3: Which is cool and hers and Gay loves Hurt the greatest guy. Yeah, but flying private to Bemigie, he doesn't quite have the same ring to it. But it's still a cool plane. A Yeah, have you been invited on the pole Ad plane?
Speaker 2: No, I'm shocked they didn't charge you to get on. It can't anymore, they apparently, so did they really?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: They said they were going to sell it, and I guess they didn't sell it. Every guys that were gonna buy it well fast into it. And then they've hid them for four months. Well I think they've hidden themselves. I wouldn't want to associated with that either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not good.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, saw it's the Poleads call you today and they say we're going to Amsterdam.
Speaker 1: Dave Matthews is doing a show. You want to fly private with the pole Ads to go see Dave in Amsterdam? Maam, Yeah, because I'm a two faced a hold of course. So it's just you and Joe Polad flying to go watch Dave. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: He probably is in the day because he's my age, and a lot of people my age are into that, you know what, I'd probably say No, I probably won't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I probably would. You morals aren't that.
Speaker 5: I just but at this point in my life, like I have to show like my little integrity man, like I got to show my son that, like you gotta your word's gotta like I can't just matter a little matter right. Yeah, yeah, I'd probably say no, I get my own way there, thank you, but no, thank you. Yep, I'd probably say no. Now, if they were going to meet him, I'd probably say, God, you guys are great.
Speaker 1: I love your team.
Speaker 2: Just picturing Louis doing the valedictorian speech and his graduation going. When I was young, my father taught me integrity when he turned down a flight to a Dave Matthews concert in Amsterdam.
Speaker 3: It's always the man I wanted to be is not flying on the whole ad plane and taking free tickets to Dave.
Speaker 5: If you've never met my dad, he's right over there and I'm taking up eight seats and I have an oxygen mask in my face.
Speaker 1: He's the one with the tennis ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, hey, But as you always say, at least you showed up. You were available. Yeah right, you made it through his graduation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean they had to roll you in. You had to roll me in. Yeah, but you made it. Yeah, I made it. You gotta be available. Availability is the ability. Yes, how did those that I have this job? If you do fly.
Speaker 8: Private to somewhere like Amsterdam for something like a Dave Matthews concert, if you're on a smaller plane like a ten person, how many times you have to refuel and how much fuel can you possibly take works depends.
Speaker 1: On the plane.
Speaker 2: In fact, one of the things when you do buy a private jet is they'll have like a huge map and when you go through your options, it'll show. One of the big things that they do show is the range. And so they'll say what airport we be primarily flying out of, and then they'll put the airport in and then they'll.
Speaker 1: Show you on a map how far you can make it. How do you know that? Exactly? What SASA? There's a guy that does though. That's crazy smart, that that is very practical.
Speaker 2: We I just bought Microsoft flight simulator for PlayStation and I'm really happy.
Speaker 1: Of course you didn't. Are you gonna fly from Fargo to Paul I?
Speaker 3: Can?
Speaker 1: I have done it the day?
Speaker 2: Oh, I've flown to Duluth, I full in Minneapolis to Dallas back in the day.
Speaker 1: I actually had like a joystick on the old computer. Yeah, good times. I'm sure I'd get used to it.
Speaker 3: Martins flying private, but I don't like small planes and they make me uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Everybody has weird.
Speaker 3: I'm a good flyer, but like when I fly internationally, that's a giant plane. Yeah, I have zero fear, but like this last trip, when we went to France, we flew to uh Amsterdam and then we got one of these like little city hoppers from Amsterdam to Geneva, Switzerland. And that flight, after spending whatever it was, eight hours on a giant international flight, we were in a super small plane with very few people, like twenty people in a plane, and.
Speaker 1: That one made me so more. I don't know, I was way more uncor physical. Feel the bumps, no, you could, yeah, and just ever you.
Speaker 3: Know when the plane, you know when it when it turns. It just I don't know, everything felt more dramatic. I was just more aware of the movement of the plane. Sure, I still was a fine flyer. I just get a little more uncomfortable when the planes get smaller. I bet if you did that more on the regular, that would also go away. I am willing to fly with Joe Polad to South America to go watching them Biscuit in three eleven, who are currently touring together. By the way, can you imagine nineteen ninety nine Corey knowing like three eleven's opening for Biscuit?
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: I'm watching videos on social media like Fred Durst talking about how much he worships three eleven and like loved their music and thinks they're a huge.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm going. God, how do I get to South America?
Speaker 2: Well, you don't need to go to South Pole Ads to see Limp Biscuit car. You know where you can see them?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Tinley Park, Illinois? I bet there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the credit when you are credit Union one Amphitheater for uh the Summer of ninety nine festival featuring Limp Biscuit and Creed.
Speaker 1: Who would you like to go?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Oh come on, yeah? Why his Creed sucks?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, don't say that. Oh hellare you look? Let me say it in a nicer way. They're not good.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't say that. I love to read. Wow, that's a bit I am. That was the sports segment.
Speaker 8: I tried to get thank you all around Meghan Maroney tickets yesterday saw that and.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is. She's the former gymnast. No, no, hey you got that joke? Yeah part of the was she fab five? I don't know.
Speaker 3: She was the one that had that meme with the you know, the with the weird face smile thing, the MICHAELA.
Speaker 1: Maroney face or whatever.
Speaker 8: Right, So mean, yeah, one of the most popular country acts right now and awesome, and I'm super happy for her. She probably could have skipped the arena's part in Ganda stadiums. And I'm not kidding, but I I'll be getting tickets today, purchasing. I'm not trying to brag. I'm just saying I will be purchasing today. But so, there was a pre sale yesterday and it was kind It wasn't Taylor Swift that level, but it had similarities where I'm in this waiting room winter. It took a half an hour to get from the waiting room into the arena where you're selecting tickets, and then everything that I clicked on, put it in the cart, went to check out those seats are no longer available, refresh ticket cart no longer available.
Speaker 1: And that went on for like half an hour.
Speaker 8: And I had two other friends who were doing the same thing, and one of them I was on speakerphone with Gina, and we finally just said let's try tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But the prices of the tickets out of control.
Speaker 8: Section one thirty one, which is half court center court at Target Center, Center Court Road, j so twelve twelve seats up or whatever at Center court three hundred dollar ticket before all the for the one hundred twelve dollars fee.
Speaker 1: That's how that ticket broke down. It was four hundred and twelve dollars for.
Speaker 3: One ticket for one ticket. Why I'm a hu fan of those fees, though, what you would.
Speaker 8: Be well, the back of the back of Target Center, section one on one row pe the total price of the ticket two hundred fourteen dollars one single ticket, one hundred and fifty dollars ticket plus sixty three dollars in feet.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous. And now we're down to individual tickets. That's all that was left on this website.
Speaker 8: The worst seat I could find was section two oh six road w back corner of Target Center.
Speaker 1: Ticket price ninety three dollars. That's ridiculous. Why what I'm saying, And I'm not.
Speaker 8: Mad at Megan Maroney, I'm mad at the system in the society and we're paying this cost.
Speaker 2: It needs to break, The bubble needs to burst. I don't know how it's going to happen. People need to stop buying tickets.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well you can buy them today then yes, people need to stop buying the ticket.
Speaker 1: They know they know you man. How can the average working American. You can't go to your own question. I know you know that more than one in a calendar year, because there are credit cards and you can max it out.
Speaker 2: Because music is a thing that in your life that makes you emotional, and it's an emotional purchase, and they take advantage of that because they're scumbags.
Speaker 1: He is correct.
Speaker 8: It sucks because I want to support the artists. I want to support music. I want to keep this in my life. I want to put it in my kids lives, and at this cost. Corey, we were just talking about this with Lady Gaga and those tickets, and we're not mad at Lady Gaga.
Speaker 1: It's this whole system of like what are we doing and when will it stop? And how does it stop? Like eight hundred.
Speaker 3: That's the thing is nobody, nobody. We all get it. Lady Gaga has earned the right. Should her ticket should not be sixty dollars? We get it, right, yes, But if it's like a family affoord to go see Lady Gaga is somewhere in the thirty five hundred of four thousand dollars range, that's pricing out almost everybody, and that includes no parking.
Speaker 1: No food, no drink, no anything. That just is your concert ticket.
Speaker 8: I mean, think about that, a family of four thousands of dollars to see now that you could go on the upper level and maybe pay two thousand dollars. But even that, that is an outrageous expectation.
Speaker 2: And you know we're seeing now with football, and I bet you were already pretty much staying with concerts too. They don't even care if they sell it out because if they sell, you know, one hundred tickets at a two thousand apiece, it's going to be more profitable than more than That's I don't know.
Speaker 1: Sporting events are becoming that way as well.
Speaker 3: We'll do vikings as when we come back. Things to all around for whatever that was. That was kind of sports news. We talked about the pole ads that counts. Elizabeth Reese is in the building. We'll talk to her in a second as well. Initials at eight fifteen. This is the power Trip money shoe on the fan.
Speaker 1: Babies. Try it's normal.
Speaker 2: If you're frustrated, it's okay to step away, but never shake a baby. It can kill or cause lifelong injuries. Learn more and never shake mn dot com. All right, it's time for Vikings News.
Speaker 3: But more importantly, Elizabeth Race is here from Channel five slash Twin Cities Live.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Elizabeth, how are you guys? Thanks for having me, Good morning. I watched your show.
Speaker 3: I know we talked to you directly. I know I've heard it's it's It's a trip. When the kid just goes, did they did they just say your name? I go, yeah, oh yeah, I'm friends with those two. Such a flex.
Speaker 9: When my kids are listening to The Power Trip and they mentioned me, and then they're like, oh, they talked about mama.
Speaker 1: Very exciting.
Speaker 9: It's an you got to take what you can get because at some point you won't be that cool to your kids, so you have to just soak it up.
Speaker 1: It's the best. Were you listening earlier today?
Speaker 9: I was listening for the first last fifteen minutes. I was making sour do perfect. Then you didn't hear what I was about the reference.
Speaker 3: Okay, So earlier this week on The Power Tip Morning, Zach Halverson mentioned that growing up, one of his dreams was to do a legit weather forecast on TV. He wanted to be a meteorologist.
Speaker 1: That was his job.
Speaker 3: This is his plan, Like z right, Yeah, like this is he's very disappointed his path. He wanted to be a weatherman. There's a lot of math involved. Look on Twin City's Live. In the past, he has been a chef. He was great at that Wait for the sizzle, right, wait for the sizzles, and I beck he has been bat boy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: That photo just showed up on my phone recently. I was looking for something and I audibly.
Speaker 1: Went, oh, yeah, what is that? Why do we allow this?
Speaker 3: What do we gotta do to have Chris Reese walk him through some stuff for a week or so, get him ready?
Speaker 1: And then you guys, when you throw to the news or the weather at what for?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you throw to the weather and zach suit and tie all in does a serious weather.
Speaker 1: Forecast for one show? How do we make this happen?
Speaker 9: Well, that's going to be all They take weather seriously over there at Minnesota's Weather.
Speaker 1: I believe it. Oh yeah, there's.
Speaker 9: Serious about it. Yeah, they get really intense. They don't let anybody on that green screen over there. We might have to come up with some sort of like big charitable donation. Maybe that would sway. Maybe if we could like raise some money for a good cause, maybe we'd be able to broker a deal with Hubbard Broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Got it. You could be able to figure out something because.
Speaker 8: In the winter, like a coat's for kids something, so now you're tying it into the weather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we could do something like that. Yeah, there's a possibility.
Speaker 9: Do you also you could consider just looking for a gig in a real small market, because then anybody can do it. One time, we were in between meteorologists at my first job, and they would make me do the weather in the morning show, and I would write it out in the teleprompter because I didn't know how to add First of all, I was twenty one, Martie. I mean, I didn't know how to do anything, and I didn't know how to add lib through a weather forecast. But I do like trying to get like Alberta clipper in conversation.
Speaker 3: A lot of fun little phrases in weather. Zach knows them all. He wants to take it seriously. If it's not possible clipper coming through uh this week?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's pretty good Alberta. Or is this more of a Quebec clipper? From that? Yeah, I don't know how to get.
Speaker 3: There, all right, So it might be a long shot. Not necessarily impossible, but we might have to. We might have to grease the wheels.
Speaker 9: We might have to grease the wheels. We might have to make it happen. Yeah, we might have to put like a disclaimer on the bottom of the screen. Not a license to meteorologist. I don't think they have a license. I think they just have a degree.
Speaker 1: We get the ams American Meteorrological Oh my gosh, good job. Yeah, so Zach.
Speaker 3: You know, remember when Marnie was turning fifty and we all behind the scenes tried to get Molly Shannon on the show, and we all tried really hard and then it failed. Them were like, whatever, Marnie, we tried to move on with your life. I feel the same way about this. I've thrown it out into the ether and now my hands are untied.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I'm done if it goes nowhere from here on out. I've done my part, so best to look.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Charlie Swanson said he donate five k if that will help Sach get.
Speaker 1: Five grand Is that a good start, That's a really good story. What if the charity is just Zach himself, because don't let's not do this do that again? Please he wants to go to Disney too. Five K. That's a good start, just making wishes come true for Zach all over there, what we do you.
Speaker 5: Love?
Speaker 2: Charity, generous and soul, two words uh typically associated with course hell Is that supposed to mean?
Speaker 3: Can I ask you one other Twin Cities live question before Ben gets here?
Speaker 1: Ye? Can ask anything you want? You guys.
Speaker 3: You guys often will replay clips of you and Steve Patterson from back in the day where Steve will say something really funny and you'll just like lose your mind laughing.
Speaker 9: Steve posts those on social media because he and I him like, this is your best stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he'll say something nuts and you, you like, are uncontrollably laughing for like three to five minutes, right, He just crushes you.
Speaker 1: So my question is why doesn't Ben make you laugh?
Speaker 9: Ben does make me laugh. He's very funny Steve. You know, there's things about Steve that he just was. He's like a zany human being and some of those moments like the one he just posted where he bends his face down and licks the water like a cat when he can't think of the word. If you haven't seen it, he posted it on. It's on he tags me as a collaborator, so it's on my Instagram too at eliz Reethes if you want to see.
Speaker 1: It's funny. But he that didn't even make air.
Speaker 9: And you know what's funny about this, So that clip we were actually shooting a best of show to air over the holidays, and so you hear in the background, you hear Seth, our photographer laughing, and you hear our former producer, Christian laughing. And there will be people who will comment and they'll go, I remember when this was on TV and it was the greatest moment on TV.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, guess what it was never?
Speaker 9: Never, It never aired because it was just a blooper. We were trying to shoot this like this clip show and shoot all these intros, and that's why we didn't have a teleprompter. So he couldn't remember the line and he had to so he bent down, lapped of the water, and then I was battling like a brutal cold. This is pre COVID when you would go to work super sick and just suffer through.
Speaker 1: And Saw stayed home on Wednesday when he puked. Oh yeah, like extracism threw up pre COVID. You would have been like, I'm going to work. You know, we're so solid. He's a trooper. Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: No, I threw up at like three in the morning and then like I threw up in the sink and then I was, O, my goh god, I hate that glass of water. Anyway, I cut you off to bring up this that he was throwing up on Wednesday. But yeah, so you were so you were doing a bunch of stuff. It was like battling.
Speaker 9: So I was delirious. I was, And then we were just delirious. And it was the very end of before holiday break, and I was just we were crying laughing.
Speaker 1: It was a good way. It hits you and hits you though.
Speaker 8: Oh so yeah, hit you in the right spot and then you have that laugh and then yeah he's laughing, and then calm down, say laughing.
Speaker 9: It is nice to read the comments because people are they they don't think my life many people think a lot of things about me are annoying.
Speaker 1: They don't think my laugh is annoying, which is nice. That is nice.
Speaker 3: What a nice thing to say. I'm glad they reached out to you and told you that too. That's kind of nice thing to do, Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Very nice. All right, let's do a super quick Vikings news, shall we. Yeah, it's time for.
Speaker 7: Vikings use on the Power Trip presented by.
Speaker 3: Sauce. Do you have the injury report because I don't. But the Vikings are at Dallas Sunday night, seven twenty right here on the fan pregame at five thirty.
Speaker 1: You and Hackel do what six fifteen? I think? I yeah, I heard yesterday six fifteen to six thirty seven to twenty kick or so against the Dallas Cowboys. They are six six and one, the Vikings five and eights.
Speaker 5: Darrisaw has not practiced this week. Addison has been limited all week.
Speaker 1: TJ.
Speaker 5: Hawkinson did not practice on Wednesday and was limited yesterday. Aaron Jones, Josh Mntellus, ty Chandler or excuse me, ty Chandler has been a full participant, but and Donovan Jackson have been limited in full participants basically so limited full participant.
Speaker 1: So we will probably not have dari saw what is going on with him?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know that deal this year, I guess is causing him a lot of trouble because it was a few weeks ago. He did not practice Wednesday and Thursday and then he was out. He was inactive on Sunday, so I don't think he'll play their left tackle. Ben brought this up yesterday. I'm sure you heard Wash. He's very good and he hasn't practiced yet this week and they don't have it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah I do.
Speaker 5: Tyler Geydon, he hasn't practiced this week. In the backup, I guess is Cheeks. So I love saying that.
Speaker 3: I know it's the word of the week. Yeah, last week we mentioned Bill Cosby fifty six times. This week you and Maxifton Cheeks about fifty six times. Yeah, that's okay, descriptive of yeah, saying their ass it okay, just making sure you know what's not ass is your football team, Elizabeth. The Packers look like they have a legit chances here, and I know a lot of Vikings fans hate to hear that, but they have a shot.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt they're in the mixes here. Yeah, there are a lot of Packers fans around here too many. Yeah my wife, yeah stock Yeah, so does my dad. They're actual owners.
Speaker 9: Yes, I used to cover those owners' meetings when I worked in Green Bay. I'd have to go to the stadium and then anytime the Bears were mentioned, the whole place.
Speaker 1: Would just be like boom. Princess Bride. I love that movie. It's one of the best.
Speaker 9: Fire swamp is. I keep thinking if are my kids going to be scared by it?
Speaker 1: Because I was scared. Oh, they're ready. I think they're probably ready. Rodents of unusual size.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think they exist. You know, Carrie Elwis is a an actress inside Joe who carry Elis?
Speaker 1: Didn't her house burn down? She's an actress. The show's done. The best bits of the show's so done. No, it's great. I'm honored to be here every day day.
Speaker 3: What's fun about that, Elizabeth is, we know all the time when we do inside jokes, there's got by definition, there's people listening going like I don't get what they're doing. It's fun to watch it in real time where you're like, I don't get this bit. It's like, that's all right, Oh, we'll tell you in about thirty second.
Speaker 1: What would you guess? Set it on here? You listen enough, who would you guess? We're making fun of Do you have a guess? Hockey.
Speaker 3: It's a good guess it's wrong. Okay, who do you think gets made fun of the nailed it? There we go, Okay, took me a second fan five in a second more with Marty Gellner and Elizabeth Rees bend Lieber in about fifteen minutes. Initials in like fifteen or twenty minutes as well. One hundred and five thousand, five hundred dollars up for grabs if you win the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials jackpot. You can win the jackpot and then donate it to charity. So Zach can do the weather on Channel five one hundred and five to five. I think we get you on TV Zachary Minnesota's weather authority.
Speaker 1: He's taking it seriously. Or the Power Trip Morning Show after this on of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah,