Speaker 1: Oh, my gosh, you are.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully all the elderly are not out today because it's going to be a hot day.
Speaker 1: It's going to be very, very miserably hot, humid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the real fill temperatures well over one hundred degrees.
Speaker 1: And can I ask we got smoke? Can I ask this question?
Speaker 2: I don't know if there are any listeners that are living in these conditions, but is there anybody nowadays it has no air conditioning or for some reason, maybe your air conditioning went, you know, out on you, Like at this point, how do you survive with no air conditioning? This like when I hear these stories about these high rises in Detroit, you know where the land slum lord, landlords have you with no air conditioning, or people who just in general don't have air conditioning. And I'm thinking to myself that would be like I would rather have air conditioning than a phone, you know, like I rather I would rather have the ability.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, even on a forty five degree Dad, want at least have air conditioning, just for the sake of knowing that one day it's gonna be hot.
Speaker 1: Just get fans, bro, I can't remember. My neighbors growing up didn't.
Speaker 3: But they had a basement and they would all sleep in the basement because it was cooler.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's Does that feel like that cool? Or is it humid? Hot and dampy? Better? Is cooler?
Speaker 4: Hot?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Fans, bro, My grandma got three fans going right on. She doesn't have a no.
Speaker 3: I don't think grandma has ever had air conditions. She's got to go to, like, please tell me that you pick her up and take her to your house. She doesn't, Grandma not on that why she tran. First of all, my grandma was born in nineteen thirty. Yeah, so she comes from a different mindset, comes from a different time. She got three fans. She's good.
Speaker 1: I caught her the other day. I caught her.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm like grandma because obviously it's hot as hell outs, I'm my grandma. Can I buy you a fan? And she was like, I'm fine, I got three fans going right now. I'm okay, I am fine.
Speaker 5: Like being warm because my dad and he has air conditioning, but he loves being hot and like sweating it like it's a thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know if she loves it, or she like she'd have had ninety five summers like she she's been in a one hundred degree rather before.
Speaker 1: I can't she fun, But now she's old and fragile and.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, but her mind, I feel like it's I'm not gonna say she's stubborn, but getting my grandma to go left when she's been going right her whole way. You got a better job being president, which ain't difficulty these days.
Speaker 2: Well, let me just say this to you. If you were a good guy, you would have to force her to come.
Speaker 1: Over to your place.
Speaker 2: That it's not gonna work on a day day. Yes, you can tell her that you're taking her. Just get ice creamy and she.
Speaker 3: Ninety five, it's like the first hot summer. I'm telling you, she's not for it. Hold on, Lisa, she popsicles that, Lisa, what's up?
Speaker 4: My mom is ninety She doesn't have air conditioning.
Speaker 1: Why are you not having her live with you?
Speaker 6: Well, I have a lot of stairs and she can't go up and down a lot of stairs.
Speaker 4: But she refuses to leave her house.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my sister wants her to come to her house.
Speaker 3: She won't go.
Speaker 4: She won't come to my house.
Speaker 6: She likes it.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know.
Speaker 3: You want to go visit her.
Speaker 2: It's funny, I said to Lydia, I said, we should have breaking and entering Christmas wish buy some like mobile air conditioning units for some of these people, like your mom. You know that's ninety Kevin's grandma that's ninety five.
Speaker 1: She would tell you to give it to somebody else. Come on, I promise you, bro, she'd like, I don't need that, give it to somebody. Does she also stick her hand over the hot stove just for fun of it? Or no, she's not stoopid, she just enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Just take a fork in her eye just for the fun of it. I mean that's like miserable.
Speaker 6: Keep the curtains closed, it'll keep the hot air out.
Speaker 3: Okay, whatever. Do you never go visit her? Because I if that was my I'd sit in my car.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you ever?
Speaker 2: Do you ever say, hey, mom, meet us out in the parking lot or the driveway wherever.
Speaker 1: She has.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't go.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I think your mom and Kevin's grandma need to be roommates. You imagine stubborn and would be the gold version of the Golden Girls with no air conditioning?
Speaker 1: What's up, Eve? How you doing.
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: So most older people have course circulation. They actually enjoy this heat because the one time they're actually warm. That's what I got to look forward to. Is that why all old people live in Florida and they don't care about living down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you go into every doctor's office to see them all bundled.
Speaker 6: Up, because all the doctor's offices are cold as hell, and they all have their little blankets and.
Speaker 1: Sweaters, that's amazing. Man. Hold on a second, Jessica, what's up, Jessica? How are you?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 1: How are you guys good? You don't have air conditioning?
Speaker 4: Well, we just got it, literally, like a week ago.
Speaker 6: We just installed central AC.
Speaker 4: But I've grown up my whole life without.
Speaker 6: Air, and my husband always had air, and so he's like, we gotta get it, We got to get it, and I'm like, no, I don't want it. And then finally we got it, and I'm sitting under a blanket for the last two nights.
Speaker 2: Where do you live, Like, what town do you live in that has homes with no air conditioning?
Speaker 6: We live in Brown City.
Speaker 1: Where's Brown Citty?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: Up and up in the middle of the thumb.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So Brown City is a place where do you see this frequently where there are homes with no air conditioning?
Speaker 6: Well, no, I think most people have air.
Speaker 4: We just we just didn't do you guys have running water, We have a little electricity.
Speaker 1: Air.
Speaker 2: I understand, but I don't understand what you're doing. Like Kevin, Why why are they doing that to themselves? Maybe they don't have a choice, I understand, But that's what what I'm saying is that if you if it's that you don't have a choice and you want it, we could probably help you with it, with breaking entering Christmas swish. But if you're somebody that's like your grandmother that you enjoys being sweaty.
Speaker 1: Some people are just setting a ways.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I still think it's so crazy that these educational institutions like colleges and universities don't have air conditioning.
Speaker 1: In their dorms. Yeah, because I went to a school.
Speaker 5: I went to Butler University in Indianapolis, and I remember having that fan on me towards the end of the year. At the beginning of the year, it was awful.
Speaker 1: What's up Emily, how you doing. I'm good.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. So I'm in the air conditioning right now. But if I was at Kevin's grandma's house, I'd be miserable. You've been in air conditions since you popped out the womb. That's right, I grew up on third base or what's going on?
Speaker 6: I do want to say first time, long time.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 6: So we have ac now. But when we moved into our house two years about two years ago, our AC unit broke so and we have five dogs in our house at the time. One of them was a border Collie. We had to spend all day soaking rags in water to cool the dogs down, laying them on the floor.
Speaker 1: Our border Collie's hairy dogs.
Speaker 6: Yes, Harry, our pickles were happy because they're half bald.
Speaker 1: But oh my god, but you got air now.
Speaker 6: We ended up we never got our AC unit fixed because the free on that it uses is no longer made, so we ended up having to put I have three window units running in my house.
Speaker 1: Whatever, it's thank God for it, and it kind of works. Huh it does, Okay.
Speaker 6: It works. I'm not it'll be a little warmer today, but say thank God for DT's budget plan because it keeps our billowt.
Speaker 2: Wow, hey Lydia, keep people's like Emily's number hair and maybe we will give air to somebody. Well, see what we can do, give her like a mobile air conditioning thing and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Jennifer, what is it currently in your house right.
Speaker 4: Now eighty two?
Speaker 1: Do you have air conditioning that's not working? Or you don't have any at all?
Speaker 6: We don't.
Speaker 4: Well, so we don't have any at all. I have one window unit, but it's in my daughter's room because obviously it's my daughter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would have put it in with her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well she's a teenager. She's in that still be snuggling.
Speaker 2: See even more so I would make sure she didn't have the air conditioning or she was a teenager.
Speaker 1: Stay still. You just do it.
Speaker 3: You just do it to keep her quiet, don't you.
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, God, She's my whole world. And I were like ten and a half hours a day, so I'm not home all day.
Speaker 1: Oh is that why you work so many hours? Because they heat?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: God, no, I wish I'm in like a gown all day, so I'm like sweating because I'm in I work at a doctor's office, but I mix chemotherapy, so like I have to be gowned up with like a bonnet on my head and like booties on my shoes everything, So I am actually miserable at work.
Speaker 2: Wow, Lydia, get Jennifer's number two. You mind have chearing your number with us and maybe we can see what we can do to help you. Yeah, I don't mind.
Speaker 1: Put a little air in your room, that would be great.
Speaker 2: Let's cool it off. Do you have a do you do you have a significant other or a lover in your life?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I do.
Speaker 2: Do you guys make sweaty sex or do you guys go and have it in your daughter's room when she's not home?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Okay, well she has a loft bed, so I would not be able to get up there. But yeah, no, we have.
Speaker 3: All right, hold on, gen, hold on one second. Maybe we can help jen out here right now. I don't I don't get some of these people that are like telling me it's not even that they don't have air conditioning.
Speaker 1: They have air conditioning, they don't turn it on. Oh at this point you have to yes.
Speaker 2: It's like have you ever gotten in a car with somebody and they say, let's put the windows down. Or do you ever see these guys with convertibles driving in this weather?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: That's just the show off. They got convertibles. Yeah, your fat bald head is going to be fried.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: If I'm in the car, I will say sometimes outside air is better. Really, it depends on how fast you're going. But when it's hot like it is now, then just getting rolled up.
Speaker 5: Jess has a jeep and he had I noticed yesterday he had the AC blasting and the top was off the jeep.
Speaker 3: Yeah,