Speaker 1: Fan oh Man. Parker's here, Parker Fox, Mark Parrish, Mark Parish, Parker Fox. Great to meet you, Mark Parrish, Great to meet you. To Parker Parker.
Speaker 2: They almost got it done last night and at.
Speaker 3: The breaker, what a game, such a fun game. It was packed in there. Always a good Wisconsin crowd in there as well. So my former teammate Braden Carrington, who now plays Wisconsin, hit seven threes, which was.
Speaker 1: Just I didn't know he was in Wisconsin. That's suah, is he really? Yeah? And he was on fire last night, so I mean.
Speaker 2: And he still hit threes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's crazy. He was under fire. Who hit the game hit the game winner?
Speaker 3: Who hit the game on Blackwell hit the game winner? Yeah, he was kind of quiet all night. Yeah, and we hit a three with four seconds left to tie it up, and they came him down and ended it. And that hurts. Like every year, it's right there with Wisconsin and we just can't can't pull it out.
Speaker 2: I think we got the guy though, man, med Bed's got all. He's got taken, don't he He's got it thinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once he gets more support of the program, more money, higher recruits, the whole bit, you know, we go on and on about it, but he's uh, he's a maestro with his offense.
Speaker 2: We need that Mark Cuban money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, we needed the best buy money, Like, can Dick Schultz give us a bunch of money? Is he still with us?
Speaker 2: From Hogan's Heroes?
Speaker 1: Isn't that the guy? And did he go to you or did? It's gonna end up it's gonna be like he went to like Saint Thomas or something? Right, No, it's gonna it's I mean, who knows something like that.
Speaker 2: You might be just guy who ever graduated from the U Corey.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Did Did the guy who burns chickens graduate from there?
Speaker 1: Gon Taylor?
Speaker 2: No, Colonel Sanderson?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, for real?
Speaker 4: Did he?
Speaker 1: I think? I have no idea. I don't know where Glene went to college.
Speaker 5: It's the guy from Hogan's Heroes, the guy that died from like a weird sex act.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right. It did a whole movie about it.
Speaker 1: What's that called?
Speaker 2: It's called uh, two girls, one cup, That's how he died. I got an infection.
Speaker 1: That's your dad's favorite movie of all time?
Speaker 2: It is, ye, man, I should have bought him that for Christmas.
Speaker 1: Then you can just google it.
Speaker 2: You say weird things, we're trying to do sports stuff.
Speaker 1: No, it's the news. We were talking about nil and raising money for the Gophers and Hogan's heroes. You brought it up.
Speaker 5: Let me ask a question. Maybe they should have recruited Parish to play hockey there he could donate some money.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I would have liked to see Parish. That to you, but the guy didn't know a position. I would have been born yet.
Speaker 1: Makatokato. Yeah that makes more sense because he's from man Cato. It makes is called the Taylor Center. But is that the has family donates? Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Is it universe? Is it called the University of Minnesota Mankato?
Speaker 1: It's Minnesota State University.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they include Mankato, but I think people still refer to as Mankato.
Speaker 1: So who's the richest person that went to the UM. We need to find them and convince them that they're doing something wrong. Uh.
Speaker 5: Richard Schultz is a huge benefactor for Saint Thomas. He didn't go damn it donates a lot of He gifted them fifty million dollars.
Speaker 1: They don't need more money than you does. Saint Thomas is sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, ay sweet, no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: The best buy money the yeah, filled the agony went to Thomas and how rich is filled the agony. I think he's pretty does pretty well. But he doesn't live here anymore. No, he lives in Seattle. Remember he goes to any any works for a company based out of Boston. Yeah. Yeah, but he's still based in Seattle. We learned that last week. It was critical to this show's success. Yeah, it sounds like it have to be so sassy. I was being serious.
Speaker 2: Why did you think he was being even.
Speaker 1: You don't understand tone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody called John E Lyndall manages billions and assets. He might be this is from AI. He might be the richest person from the u Alon.
Speaker 1: Cargil, Austin Cargill, Cargills. You know there's money there. Yeah. Now it might be Quoy Parish. But he got money from Oregon. That was fun. Yeah, we can't have nice things here. It's all right, all right, time for the news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you going to take an ielda to go somewhere and leave us? Parker?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm weighing out my options. I can't blame yet.
Speaker 2: I Netflix is preparing gay revised all cash offer for Warner Brothers Discoveries, streaming and studio business. Netflix has already offered eighty three billion dollars in cash hand stock. Paramount sky Dance has had a temporary hostile takeover of Warner Brothers. Everybody wants it out.
Speaker 1: Oh, just a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Just let me know how many different Netflix accounts I've got so I can cancel them?
Speaker 1: Please? Got forty of.
Speaker 2: Them or fifty?
Speaker 1: You have that many? Probably he was handing them out at the line to get into Buffalo Wild Wings.
Speaker 2: What I do?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: I bet you gave away like eight hundred dollars that?
Speaker 2: Who cares? They make it long sheet. A new survey says more Americans are spending less time looking at screens, and it seems to be making them happier.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: What are they doing this survey? Yeah, TikTok from the Talker Research finds that gen z is actually leading the charge when it comes to unplugging.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. With more than sixty percent intentionally putting down the smartphones, those numbers start going down. The older people are people who report spending too much time online feel less connected and more anxious, while those intentionally logging off report feeling more productive and horny.
Speaker 1: Wow, good correlation.
Speaker 8: I guess you feel better about yourself when you're productive.
Speaker 3: It makes sense. Yeah, what do you think they're looking at? Instead of screens pictures of Bet Midler?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes sense. You don't want to ask me this printed. They're looking at prockets to the internet.
Speaker 2: They're looking into the darkness that is existence.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's good, Sure, it's good man.
Speaker 2: They're like, you know what, all bets are off, Baby, let's do some stuff.
Speaker 1: What I love it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all fun.
Speaker 1: Am I right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, you guys aren't helping me at all.
Speaker 1: I'm listening.
Speaker 2: That's what I said.
Speaker 1: Well played, that was great. That was great. I would give you a gold star if I had some.
Speaker 2: Actor Keifer Sutherland is facing charges after beating up a rideshare driver.
Speaker 1: Don't do that, the LAPD says.
Speaker 2: Sutherland was taken into custody early Monday morning in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Dang.
Speaker 2: The Emmy Award winning actor was arrested on suspicion of felony criminal threats, but was released off after posting bond. He's due back in court in twenty four hours. Dunk dunk?
Speaker 1: What if he was just in a way? Moo god, twenty four was outstanding. Has anybody on the planet ever been named Keifer? Except for Keefer Sutherland? Who he just answered me?
Speaker 2: Box it? He just boxed him up?
Speaker 1: What parent? Brian Bellows, the former north Star? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What about Brian Fellows?
Speaker 1: His son? Keifer Bellows? Was Keifer born in the UK nineties? Like when you do the math?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean he's recently, you know, playing professionally mid twenties.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm in the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 1: Wow, how does that work? He's twenty seven? Oh my god, that looks just like his old pretty good.
Speaker 2: Guess it looks like Keifer Sutherland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, Brian Bellows was great, old kind. I love Brian Fellows. He was born in ninety eight. What is the great guy too?
Speaker 2: I think that guy's the most underrated comedian of our generation.
Speaker 1: Tracy Morgan, I think he's Yeah, he is so funny, really good.
Speaker 2: He is so good. Where'd you bring up Brian Fellows?
Speaker 1: Brian Bellows, he played for the north Stars. He was sweet. He asked me about Keefer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we weren't yet mad at you were met him?
Speaker 1: Sorry? How well? He named two Keefers on the planet Earth. There's eight billion people right now. There's a Keifer Sykes who played for the Pacers in like twenty twenty or twenty twenty. I don't remember that name it. I'll take your word for it.
Speaker 2: On Sunday and said, what's this keeper?
Speaker 1: What's the Keefer? Is it that the yogurt drake is? Is it keffier? Keifer? Is that the one that makes you poop? Yeah? Oh, got a lot of TV. That's a lot of fiber there. It wasn't that Jamie Lee Curtis uses to stay regular. Wasn't wasn't one of the bits that on one of the seasons of twenty four, who's the guy in I know what you did last summer?
Speaker 2: Oh? John Jimpson and did your favorite movie?
Speaker 1: All that? Freddy Prince Junior. He's saying that for Sutherland is like the worst human on the planet. I don't know that.
Speaker 5: He just bullied him and he was just a douche. That's what I heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's top ten worst people on the planet.
Speaker 5: I think he's pretty bad, and I think he likes to throw him back. I think that's why he's doing ryde charlote eight am Sammer all the time.
Speaker 1: That's responsible as hell.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that the man he's gonna drive responsive about getting.
Speaker 2: Maybe that guy had a face that needed hitting.
Speaker 5: Maybe that guy tried to steal his women.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how on Keith's side.
Speaker 1: But think about what Sauces did. That was old school of sauce. Accidentally, remember back in the day, right Keith for Sutherland? A guy I went to high school, Uh that I went to high school with, knew him, said he was a total dick.
Speaker 2: He used to say that all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what basically just said. Freddy Prince Junior said he's a total douche. I believe. I think that's a thing.
Speaker 2: But what if Freddy Prince is the douche?
Speaker 1: Now? He seems very nice, so I'm gonna give Freddy the benefit of the doubt. It seems like a lovely gentleman. But what if Keifer was just having a bad day and Freddy Prince Junior is holding it against him? Pepper he yeah what I mean twenty fourteen? Keifer?
Speaker 5: No, wait, Freddy Prince Junior said he's unprofessional, and it made almost made him quit acting dang.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, but listen, bud.
Speaker 2: He was having a bad day.
Speaker 1: He was having a bad day. Yeah, it was Daniel Potter. Yeah, and look Freddy Prince Junior goes home to Sarah Michelle Geller. Right, So does he have bad days? Oh? Maybe not all the time? Man, What has Keifer been up to? It sounds like point three.
Speaker 2: He has been whooping ass? Yeah. Yeah. The long rumored most depressing day of the years almost here. Blue Monday generally generally occurs every third Monday in January this year from January nineteenth. It's time when people are starting to feel sad due to broken New Year's resolutions, the after Christmas, financial stress, and bad weather. The theory came from a marketing campaign developed by a UK psychologist for a travel company twenty years ago. The many mental health experts say that although it can feel very real, it's actually not based on any clinical data.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Blue Monday, great, great song. If we had the ability to play music and have it on the podcast, you could play the New Order version or Orgy's version. They're both ten out of ten. Love that song. One of the best songs in the eighties. It's so good, so good.
Speaker 5: Hey, hogs, what did you see the twenty twenty five film with Keefer Sutherlnen Rebel Wilson called tinsel Town.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's good, right.
Speaker 2: It's great. It's Christmas movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tinsil Town.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, yep, it's great. It's about a city made out of fake decorations.
Speaker 1: Oh did you cry?
Speaker 2: I did cry. I cried when the dog died.
Speaker 1: Well spoiler, yeah, not to dwell on names, but what studio exects, like, give me Rebel and Keefer, then we're gonna make my town. Yeah, found a genie. You can't do it.
Speaker 6: You can't do it anymore, because apparently Rebel Wilson will never act again after working with Kiefer Sutherlands, DJ says into retirement four it was the best show I ever met ever. Oh, John, I learned how to use a VCR because I needed to record it back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh. I don't know if Parker even knows what that is.
Speaker 5: No, it took a real bad turn about season six, but yeah it got brought back.
Speaker 1: Season eight saved it, but then the ending. It probably should have killed him at the end, but they it's so good though.
Speaker 2: They should have killed kiefer Son. How bad was it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: I think one of the seasons was during the writers strike that you could tell it was the.
Speaker 2: All the writers on this show. Obviously strict.
Speaker 1: Strike, no strict. That was the word that the replacement writers gave us.
Speaker 2: They don't spell.
Speaker 1: Season four was the best. Obviously it was so good O'Brien, all of it.
Speaker 2: Remember remember Chloe O'Brien, former.
Speaker 1: Kicker Melicia Cuthbert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember, got great show. Hockey officials are looking into what's being described as a stage to fight, involving a youth team that went viral.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so funny.
Speaker 2: It happened in the Central Penn Panthers Youth Hockey Club played an squad scrimmage during intermissions of a minor league game on Saturday in Hershey. Video shared on social media showed the team made up of players eight years old and younger. They got to fight for a minute without any adults intervening. They just let him fight. Have you seen I haven't seen?
Speaker 3: Yes, oh, Zach tweeted two or three days ago. The goalie is the best part. He just comes out of nowhere. It is full, No one's stopping. I love it. Yeah, it's all jumps on his own teammates. Yeah, they're saying it was all stage.
Speaker 2: Now. That seems like fun.
Speaker 1: It had.
Speaker 3: They are absolutely having a ball because usually when they're out there during like between pay periods that are called intermission intermission. Yeah, they have like a bunch of coaches out there and they're yeah, making sure everything's going right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's not a coaching sight.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: One of the dark colored jerseys, he literally just don't like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, took his own team two guys, like took them both out, just see. Yeah, the goalie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny. Good job, guys.
Speaker 1: I'm not tweeted out.
Speaker 6: I'm the kind If anybody hasn't seen it.
Speaker 2: That's the news.
Speaker 1: Know, it's the news.
Speaker 2: We got lots of vikings audio obviously to play. In fact, it may take the next two segments to play it all because we had Quazy and KOs talking about quarterbacks and more yesterday and they answered some hard questions and they were way more open about things that I thought they were going to be. Have you heard it yet?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I heard one clip on Common Show yesterday. I heard the whole thing about j J McCarthy. Yeah, that's interesting. That's an interesting, that's interesting, that's play. Thank you. I get some of the inside jokes, most of them, arame, did Rosie right? He's mad at heart.
Speaker 2: I don't know why he's mad at me. I love him hawks someone who stands up before I always do you know what you hurt? The ones you love?
Speaker 1: Oh? I love the ones? You heard that?
Speaker 7: The truth?
Speaker 2: Brother Pool, you just blew my mind.
Speaker 1: Zascl wak Us through sports after this pow Archer Money Show, Home of Mary White and the Fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get more to everybody Partrick mor Show High yesterday, A KOC and Crazy both talked about the quarterback situation. We'll play a lot of it during Viking's News. But here's a little uh snippet.
Speaker 4: Ultimately, I think in the quarterback room it's about having just the deepest talented room you kept possibly can't each and every year. What that looks like at a at a pretty impactful position on your salary cap when you're able to possibly you know, plan for your depth chart, looking in a way where you could be competitive no matter what.
Speaker 2: Hm hm hmm. There's an interesting one from Crazy this time. Did you overestimate JJ McCarthy's readiness to play quarterback?
Speaker 9: The information we had was all good, but it was admittedly, you know, incomplete and small sample. So ultimately we trusted and the information we had, we trusted our coaches, we trusted the team around him to do that. And so it's hard to really when you think about that and then go look at the back at the season as I talked about, you saw the improvement at the end. You saw the flashes of the player we thought he could be. So in that sense, you know, I can't say that we're over confident. Maybe the timing didn't work out with other aspects of our team, whether that be injuries or different things like that, but you know, ultimately we're comfortable with where we are. We're excited about where.
Speaker 1: You can go back to the first one about you know, the rookie deal and the advantage if you have a quarterback and a rookie contract versus like a max kind of a contract. Guy. I mean, the eight teams that are left in the postseason, it's half and half really, half have giant contracts, half have rookie deals. Right, because you have Josh Allen and the Bills, Rock Purdy and the Niners. Sam Donald's making thirty I would say, that's not a rookie deal. It's not sixty million like some of these guys, but that's a lot. So you got Donald and the Seahawks, and you have Stafford in the Rams, Yeah, Boon, NICKX, Caleb Williams, Drake May and c J. Stroud. So it's four and four. Yeah. So this is a year that you could argue it can work either way. Yep, and you just have to have a guy. All eight of these guys are super good. So it's like, yeah, these guys are good enough to get you to the postseason, good enough to get you to Round two.
Speaker 5: And the Patriots nailed it last year. They had a ton of cap space. They nailed that with all the people they signed. The Bears did the same with the offensive line pieces they added, and then both teams nailed it in the draft. I mean the Bears Coaston Lovelin is one of the better players in last year's draft that he is on fire for the Bears. And then the Luther Burden they took him the second round. He's outstanding. Yeah, they made some good drafts, Yes they did. So is JJ one of those guys?
Speaker 1: Don't know?
Speaker 2: Almost it's time for a fan five on the Power Trip presented by all Around, your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 1: Thanks all Around. Mike Tomlin stepped down after nineteen seasons as head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 5: He was one ninety three and one fourteen and two in his career. The Steelers will search for their fourth coach since nineteen sixty nine. Wow, I had no idea he was with the Vikings. To be honest with you, too, younger, I'll tell yesterday. Yeah, two thousand and three, something like that.
Speaker 1: Two thousand it was, I was an intern here. I think it was six. Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 5: He was a like you could just tell, just without even talking to him, you could tell he was like a different breed. Oh, the aura he had was unbelievable. Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Never had a losing season, then that's incredible. Yeah, it's incredible in pro sports.
Speaker 1: Yep. The Wolves without and and Rudy smoked the Bucks one thirty nine, one oh six. The Bucks had the Greek freak, but Julius had twenty nine points. Your Wolves are twenty seven and fourteen. They've only lost one game this month, and they battle the Rockets in Houston on Friday Parker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be a tough one against the Rockets. Holf Anthony Verwards can play. He sat out last night and then Rudy Gobert was serving his technical suspension.
Speaker 1: But they looked really good.
Speaker 3: Bones Highland was really good off the bench, which is a good sight for Wolves fans, and Dante di Vincenzo played well and we got to see Joan Baron Jay off the bench, the young French cat, so I think there's uh the Frenchman, but I think there's some excitement around him. Obviously, you know, Rudy's your guy, but when he's serving suspension, you need some depth. So they went with you and Baron Jay. He played well and they smoke the Bucks. So great.
Speaker 1: Great to get the first one on a four game road trip OWL Hello the.
Speaker 5: Wild Battle the Jets Perry tomorrow at seven year Wilder winless and for their last five.
Speaker 1: You can hear that game on the fan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I going through a little bit of a tough stretch right now road trip. You know, obviously some overtime losses in there too, so it's a little bit deceiving.
Speaker 1: There for the last five losses.
Speaker 8: But uh yeah, last game of the home stand here before they go back on the road for three games against Winnipeg here, who has won their last three. Even though the near the bottom of the division, excuse me the conference, they have won three in a row and still have some spectacle hockey players. But the Wild finally were able to get a little bit of rest, you know, coming off coming home from that two week road trip and then playing every other day, it kind of feels like you're still on the road trip a little bit. So finally getting a couple of days, you know, especially mental day, to just completely check out and get away from the rink is huge. So no excuses for the boys for this last home game before we head out onto the road.
Speaker 2: What a story mark on State University.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I concur that that that rest is a huge thing, and to come off that long ass road trip to have to come back and play and they played not terrible on Saturday. They played actually really well on Saturday. Yeah they did, could have played a little better on Monday, but regardless, Yeah, that they're going to get their head on, heads on straight and hopefully get a whole another streak going.
Speaker 2: Do you feel perish that when you answer a question and he immediately asked Zach that he is questioning your veracity. Be honest, like Zach is the real expert here. You never feel like that because that's the way it sounds.
Speaker 1: Like, what, let's try this with basketball now, I will because you're the expert, Zach is you know, like you didn't play any in the NHL, Baker played college basketball. I did not ask ask Parker a question about Gopher basketball and then immediately talk about it.
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 1: How come you ask him about the Gopher basketball team then ask me no, no, no, don't. Yeah, I asked him a question, though, go for basketball your thoughts there you go.
Speaker 3: That's great, Thank you Meat Sauce for your question. The Gopher basketball team is good, Corey.
Speaker 1: I concur. No, I was just I wanted to keep Zach going because his opinions.
Speaker 2: On's got plenty to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you remember?
Speaker 2: Are you question how much work he's got to do? You say, there doing nothing, Zach?
Speaker 1: What you they're doing?
Speaker 2: I'm still.
Speaker 1: When you he was looking at a camera too. It's funny that Zach said, I concur because if you remember the movie Catch Me if you can with Leonardo DiCaprio. Oh yeah, when he has to pretend to be a doctor. He watches a movie and in the movie, the doctor keeps saying like, do you concur Yes, I concur so. When he gets into the operating room, he just keeps saying I concur which means he's a fraud and he's lying. He'sn't always doing so. When Paris said here's what's going on with the wild so on and so forth, and Zachly goes, I concur ye, that's that's Frank at McNeil junior over there just faking it right. He wasn't even listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't concur I thought they were terrible on Monday, he does not concur. I thought they were horrible. No energy, Sauce, do you concur very flat?
Speaker 5: What are we talk min w I knew it? Yeah, I agree with Parker. Yeah we're terrible. They meet Sauce Saturday.
Speaker 1: They were good.
Speaker 8: The Islanders are just they're at the front end of a two week road trip. The Wilder at the back end of a two week road trip, and the you know those young legs say those boys can skate, uh, and we're able to pull out that one and the Islanders.
Speaker 1: Put on the.
Speaker 8: One way to shut down superstar goalscorers like Matt Boldie and Coroll Caprice office.
Speaker 2: I mean that would that would you know what?
Speaker 1: I gotta be honestly, that would work.
Speaker 8: But yeah, the one way to stop superstar goals scores is to find yourself a superstar goaltender. Ilius Rocans easily top five probably argue will arguably top you know two or three in the in the NHL, and he was on full display late in the third period there with Capriz of everybody there was there were he was under fire and he was just doing his thing, not breaking a swat.
Speaker 6: See well said there with all due respect on the on Monday though the other team didn't need a goaltender. Yeah, the ways the Devil didn't need their goaltender.
Speaker 1: It was it was not good. That was fun game for me. I got to go to that one.
Speaker 3: I sat with Ellen, Ellen Hughes, Quinn and Jackie Nice to watch the way she watched a game with kids on both sides was was definitely interesting. You could tell she was she was stressed out. But yeah, the all three of the boys played well.
Speaker 1: All your hands up, Ellen Hughes.
Speaker 2: I did not answer that question because I did not wish to get up.
Speaker 1: Do you believe he would.
Speaker 8: I've heard they're incredibly nice people.
Speaker 1: They're terrific people. Get lined up for you.
Speaker 3: So Ellen is on staff with USA Hockey with Taylor, so she does a bunch of Gill stuff and stuff with her in the summer. And then yeah, that's awesome. They're great people, and well what would she know? Yeah right, Yeah, her kids.
Speaker 1: Are terrible at hockey, amazing.
Speaker 3: Talent jacks about as fast as they come to It's so much fun to watch Ellen.
Speaker 1: All your You're saying something over there. Yeah he would, Yeah, yeah he would. Yeah, you're very offensive like me. Me's gonna come in and beat you up.
Speaker 2: He's gonna beat you up.
Speaker 1: Did you see the Islanders stayed an extra day and went to house.
Speaker 8: That's like the coolest thing. Yeah, yeah, he told me. I spoke with him in the pregame skate. He was really excited about that.
Speaker 1: So cool. The ice made up that's and those that like that's.
Speaker 8: Those are the bonding experiences that that really really matter. You don't forget that stuff. He is an amazing man.
Speaker 2: He's average at best.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: Isn't okay, cool, I don't ever met him.
Speaker 1: Amazing. He's a great guy and he does a.
Speaker 8: Lot, didn't he sure did. Yeah, he listens. He's a he's a fan. When he comes back in the summer, he's listening. Well, he is always welcome, open door. Well we don't cast that on.
Speaker 1: I get a player. Since Abbot's listening, I know God is watching us. He's not from even in the summer. He's always busy Monday through Thursday. Yeah, but Friday he could come in. Yeah you know, I mean that must be like a hockey player thing that they're just not available Monday. So right, No, you're right, is that right? Train? Well yeah, yeah, the train schedule. Yeah, it's like Andrew de Paulo this week he did not he had no interest in coming on the show Monday through Thursday. I'm like, that's fine, Friday's open. We can play initials on f Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 8: And athletes are a bit competitive too, so they you know, they like to play that silly little game years.
Speaker 1: So it's pumped Andrew Depaula two days from now, can't let's go Good dude, good dude, all right. Vikings News. Speaking of Andrew Depaula All Pro, right second team All Pro Andrew de Paula. That's right, Vikings News. When we come back after this.
Speaker 6: It's a wild Wednesday here on kf AN, and we're taking your talkbacks for tickets all day long. It's talkback feature in the iHeartRadio app described this wild season so far in three words. Winners will be select did all day for the while Jets tickets tomorrow. Get all the details at camfe dot com. Keyword contests.
Speaker 2: This was kind of fucky. Thank you for the hashbron By the way, mister Mark, you are welcome. I'm looking at video from like six days ago of the water levels at Lake Mead. Holy moly, sup lot terrain.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, any more dead bodies, I'm sure, I'm sure any more skeletal remains of mayors.
Speaker 2: Probably probably hopefully not John Mayer.
Speaker 1: All right, hand my memories, Sarah, What was it Leber's uncle? Yes? Uncle? Right? Yep? Is that the right connection where they think that who knows any are correct? Sir? Who's something like that? I think you're right. I think you are right. Now Lake Mead, we should go cover this story.
Speaker 2: We need we need to find out and take some water with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good, Yeah, because otherwise it's like thirteen dollars at the casino. So let's just get some water out of Lake Mead.
Speaker 5: It'll give you free water well hockets in Vegas hockets, Parker, you ignorant slush?
Speaker 1: How did hocket it for free?
Speaker 2: I'm a high roller?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How do we get Parker Fox to Vegas with us? In twenty twenty six? I'm coming play here we go? Yeah? Ask Plane is probably the best. Yes play it is a good way. Yeah. Train automobile by the way. Uh podcast recommendation. I don't know if you guys heard Barrero the other day when uh, oh Man, what's this guy's name from thrifty travel guy? Oh Ony Power? Yeah, yeah, John John's. He was fantastic and he broke down the Allegiance Sun Country deal and what it's going to mean and what it might mean, and how good it could be, how bad it could be. Anyway. It was like two segments and it was fascinating and for informative. Yeah, the overall sentiment is this is not great, but it also might not be the end of the world. Pros and cons, right, the cons might be the price, the pros might be the availability. There might be a whole bunch of new routes. There might be, you know, multiple options to cities like Vegas. Who knows, but I thought his breakdown was outstanding. I think I retained about ten percent of that's the best way to Vegas?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: Is that? Sun Country fly Right agreed? That's that's that. I hope there's seven a day instead of three a day, you know what I mean? Fair enough? Like vegetables, Yeah, no, zero today is the right answer. Like vegetables, you.
Speaker 5: Don't need any of them. Zero if you had to like it? Is there one where you're like, I wish I could try it, but you're a phobia doesn't allow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably cinnamon roles, but then no, no potatoes at what about.
Speaker 2: A cucumber eat tatoes, onion eat French fries?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's I mean, come on, is that a vegetable? Plants? Come on? Never? I send that emoji all the time, but I've never hear you do. That's why. Nope, No, hey man, I'm still here. It's working out. I have a phobia of cucumbers.
Speaker 6: Why you have a story, Yeah, no, LL make something up close and you like to know.
Speaker 1: But I'm always just sat in the I didn't know that works, thank you.
Speaker 3: Always afraid of cucumbers, the smell. I will like if somebody is having a salad with cucumbers the same table as me, I will ask them to eat the cucumbers first, so they remove from the table.
Speaker 1: That's a weird that it is weird, like severe phobia.
Speaker 3: If Taylor has like any sort of food with cucumbers, like I will if the waitress comes and like brings the plate and the cucumbers are facing me, I'll like immediately turn the plate.
Speaker 1: So Parker. By the way, we meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at five pm at the Saint Louis Park.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks, I'm to do the group. Okay, thank you so much. Hey, just yeah, they scare me. I can smell them from a mile away. Two mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a fun fact to the day. Fun right now, do that times three thousand different foods and then you can understand what me zach tend to be Blake Moore and I'll overs go through.
Speaker 3: That's why you get so happy when you see raising canes my happy place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know, it's like Julie Bowen in a swim or a lingerie and a little person riding around on a tricycle and my grandma winning it slots and August Journal.
Speaker 2: On the Power Trip presented by.
Speaker 1: Yes Journal. Anybody hear journal? I no? Does?
Speaker 2: Can you read it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, you'd be depressed.
Speaker 1: Digitally or by hand? Do you write it? Or do you type it into like your phone? You do? Yeah? My wife writes that's the only way to go, right, Yeah? I do not. How often is your wife journal? I think every day? That's sweet, dear Diary. Can you imagine today Paul knocked his phone off the bed and spent ten minutes waking me up looking for it. Then he just hulk smashed the remote, which is between us. But somehow he knocked it off the bed, and he was unbelievably frustrated and loud, and I tried to tell him that if you put your phone under your pillow, there's actually a fire hazard, but he didn't listen to me. And he has the largest pillow of a human I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 5: I have one of those cube pillows that Hawk told me to get.
Speaker 10: It's the size of the sphere. I agree. It mean yesterday, KOs and both spoke. Was there a regular end of season press conference? And they addressed a lot of different things. We've talked a lot about it this morning, but.
Speaker 1: Well, can I ask you one question before we even get to that. Sure, do we have any idea why it got delayed a week?
Speaker 2: For all the events going on? Where was this? And people are being dragged out of their homes?
Speaker 1: Got it? So it was that that's right, because when it first got delayed, there were football rumors, right, it was quasy in trouble? Is this Brian Flores related? Like what are they waiting for? The Okay, that's the case. That makes way more sense. But it was weird that the day that it was supposed to happen it got bumped back a week. Interesting, Okay, yep, that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Yep. They figured out there were more important things to talk about. Sure, yep, KOC on the JJ Max situation home, We're.
Speaker 4: Still looking at a quarterback who's you know, started ten games, ten out of what possible, thirty four in two years. Not the ideal path for a young quarterback to develop on the field. But but I thought he did. I thought he did some really good things. And and JJ McCarthy is a guy that wants to be great. I know he's gonna work tirelessly to do that. I know his teammates have a lot of confidence in what he's going to go to work to improve on this offseason and come back and have a great offseason and be ready to hit the ground running.
Speaker 2: So why don't you at least want to be great?
Speaker 1: I don't know, that's a good question. I don't think we have enough time.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I used to yoused to want to be great. Yeah, I just uh yeah, what changed? I don't know, reality, reality, my self esteem. You run out of time, run out of time. Yeah, that's about it. Plus food, right, and food? I like food. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Koc on bringing another quarterback in to push JJ mack No.
Speaker 4: I think there has to be. I think that's what's going to make everybody better in that room. It's going to be what makes our entire offense, you know, thrive through that competition. And I think even if you ask justin Jefferson, he's competing every single day. He's the best in the world at what he does, but he's still competing every single day to maximize what you know, who he is as a player and ultimately achieve the greatness that he's destined to achieve.
Speaker 1: But that should be how our entire organization looks.
Speaker 2: At Crazy also spoke. They asked him about quarterback decisions he made last year.
Speaker 1: He spent a lot of those nights.
Speaker 9: Obviously, you know, you're up in these decisions and they're uncertain and you're trying to make sure that you don't lock yourselves into what you did and thinking that it's always right. And so there's those nights that you wake up and start at the ceiling and ask yourself. But I always go back to the process and what we thought at the time. It's easier to kind of go and be revisioned and results base, but going to really think through what we had at the time, I still understand why we did what we did.
Speaker 10: That's interesting, right, Yeah, Yeah, they don't sound thrill No, they don't.
Speaker 1: They I mean they really don't.
Speaker 5: And when they were both Quzy was asked yesterday, I think by Alec Lewis is basically is JJ McCarthy your starter week one?
Speaker 9: And he didn't say yes. You know, I want the Vikings to achieve our goals. And I think one of those goals is to make playoff runs and do different things like that. I think he is the character and ability to be the person to do that for our organization. If I say that in twenty twenty six, that kind of binds us into a certain you know area. The way we set this team up, we built this court to really, like we've always talked about, give ourselves multiple shots at it because you never know when there's going to be a year where the field field it's a little bit wide open and you can make that run or and so that's what we're really focused on talking about, whether it's this year or next year is and really you know, my my my immediate reflection, it's my job to really bring that deep competitive room that we've talked about to the bike.
Speaker 1: Yeah around that didn't he not good? That's not good if you're McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Well, and they asked, he was asked, can JJ Max survive an entire season?
Speaker 9: Availability is a skill, as they say, and you're talking about a player who's incredibly tough, didn't.
Speaker 2: Miss Availability is a skill.
Speaker 9: Availability is a skill, as they say, And you're talking about a player who's incredibly tough, didn't miss games in college and that was one of the things we've we talked about and me we went to the people in the building in Michigan. They told us the things he fought through and different things like that, and that's really not different than the player we've gotten here, the type of player that finished the game when he when he had a kne injury that would take him out for the season. And so ultimately that is something that's we're more mindful of. Given the just how it's happened. We're in control. We can control, though, how do we get him right? From a mechanical standpay, from a decision making standpoint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every pro athletes.
Speaker 8: Biggest ability or most important ability is availability, and he isn't.
Speaker 2: Here's a JJ part to answer the question himself.
Speaker 1: Oh god, he's gained a lot of weight, you can tell my listen. Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 5: I thought they should have come out and said, yes, he's our week one starter, we have faith in him, we drafted him.
Speaker 1: They didn't.
Speaker 5: That's not a good sign for him. No, when they asked, they weren't there. Yeah, but I just think that they know that they have to make a big swing. They they if they don't make the playoffs, next year, at least one of them will be gone, if not more people. This is a huge year for them. It's true this regime hasn't won a playoff game. That's not a knock on Koc as a person. They haven't won a playoff game, and the two biggest games they played last season in twenty twenty four, they weren't prepared. It was an awful, awful outcome. They have to go to the playoffs this season. If they think they thank you Tom. Did they think they can do with McCarthy maybe, but they didn't sound like they could yesterday and that's the only opportunity they're going to probably speak until like the week before the draft.
Speaker 2: It's interesting, though, isn't it, Because like if they had come out yesterday and said we believe in them, we'd have been like, oh, come on. And if they came out yesterday and said we're not sure, and we're like, oh, come on, you know, I mean right for this organization, right, I really am glad they were honest like that. I don't want them to come out and try to snowballs and say we loved everything we saw. If they didn't.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And that's the thing too. They want to leave their options open. They don't want to paint themselves in a corner. If something comes available that's a better option right now, and then you already have named him, then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they they're going to look for how many times you have to say it, I'm not going to coach at Alabama? Yeah, right, I mean you get my reference, right, I mean I would rather be honest.
Speaker 1: What do you think, cor Well, I'm in the minority on the injury thing. Parker and I have talked about this on this show, right that, like getting this same injury over and over and over again is injury prone. I think McCarthy had a series of really unfortunate coincidences that are not necessarily like indicative of that he's an injury prone person. And the one at the end where he took himself out of the game it was a meaningless game.
Speaker 3: Who cares, like, I don't mean it why people are so angry about that.
Speaker 1: But so the availability is one of your abilities. I get that. But like Coyzy just said, he never missed a game in college, so he's been tough. He just had a lot of really rough things here. I definitely don't think they sound like they're thrilled about it. My thing is, who is the answer though? Even as a backup?
Speaker 3: Is there a guy out there you're like, oh, we're going to go and get him unless Max Like, I don't Mac Jones, but I think the.
Speaker 1: Trigger for it, yeah, and I think a lot of people. The reason that I don't think mac Jones will be available is this isn't a shot at your guy core. But he's been hurt a couple of times, right.
Speaker 5: And they know that their season wouldn't be where it was if they didn't have mac Jones. Yeah, they would have lost a few of those games, and who knows what they could win the Super Bowl and they so they know the value of a good backup.
Speaker 2: Listen to this, guys, listen to the Guestling podcast. They somebody asked him about as Quazy, did you low ball Daniel Jones thinking he was a for sure thing that he was going to stay here? And I hadn't heard anybody even bring that up. And here's how Quazy answered it.
Speaker 9: I don't want to say overconfidence, but I do think him being here was something that we, you know, we kind of considered and thought would would impact his decision. But Ultimately there are free agents, and to your point of learning lessons, I think, execution wise, you have to treat it as such, no matter what the conversation is or relationships are the you know, free agents are free for a reason, and they're allowed to vet all their options. And ultimately we could have executed better around that.
Speaker 2: So yes, was the answer to that question exactly, Well, how are you how about that?
Speaker 3: How are you going to lowball a twenty eight year old free agent like he's got no ties to hear?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, doesn't care, but he seemed to want to be here, you know. I mean, I like you so no, but I hear where you kind of. I just thought that was another pretty damned interesting answer to that question. Yeah, and a great question, by the way, because I hadn't thought of that at all.
Speaker 1: Well, because it looked like on paper it was just do you think you can beat Anthony Richardson for the job or do you think you can be JJ McCarthy for the job, And it looked like it was going to be an easier path to beat Anthony Richardson, which he did like immediately right, So money aside, Maybe the Vikings just didn't think they had a chance to sign him either way, So why not just low ball them and see if you can get him. Mistake? Maybe they did underestimate it, Who knows.
Speaker 2: I had an interesting thought yesterday listening to all these two. Obviously the offensive line was cheddar cheese and beat up, and we had seventeen to nineteen different schemes of offensive line, different lineups, you know what I mean? If Carson Wentz had not gotten so beaten up, I wonder how good or bad our season would have been.
Speaker 1: He got destroy beat up.
Speaker 2: Bad, but it was because the offensive line was so beat up. I mean, I wonder because he showed some signs that he still had it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Oh yeah, that fourth quarter drive against Cleve.
Speaker 2: Plea, Yeah, and outstanding London.
Speaker 1: So to think about what you just said, right, yeah, I think if Carson Wentz looks like he's a solid NFL backup at this point in his career, right, but if you run it back with McCarthy, Wentz and Brozmer, which they're not going to do. But if you ran it back with those three, Wentz is kind of the guy you would love to have a solid veteran backup behind JAJ. But you can't have the room be exactly the same or everybody's going to lose their mind. So you can't do that again.
Speaker 2: And you have question marks on the line too well, and they I'll play you one more even though I already hit the music, I might as well finish it up here. Coysey was asked basically, cam darresol play a full season.
Speaker 1: Yeah's you're removed from that injury.
Speaker 9: So time is on our side in terms of of kind of getting away from that injury point another year of rehab, strengthening and different things like that. But obviously at all parts of our team, we've seen how important he has been to our play and so when we're addressing things in draft or free agency, we have to be mindful of that. And I don't want to say insurance, but we're always trying to have a roster aspirationally as a GM when that first guy goes out, that next that guy comes in and is as good as the guy is that reality, no, but that's the mindset we got to take, and that's a position we probably got to be more mindful of that.
Speaker 1: Hey saw telp me. Also, were we not the second oldest team in the league. I think you are correct. I feel like second was the right number. I mean that also leads back to the drafting. Right, if you draft better, you stay younger. But because we didn't draft very well, we had to lean older and sign free agents. I mean, this team has to get younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quickly we thought we were that close though, you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is another overestimation. Right. They thought JJ was more ready than he was. They thought the team was more locked and loaded than they were, so they went all in. It just didn't work. But yeah, that's normally going all in and not working costs people jobs. I mean, you look at it. I think I said this last week.
Speaker 5: The Bears have the same needs on the offensive line, they went a different direction. They've traded for the guys they have, they're probably gonna play in the NFC Championship game.
Speaker 8: Pally looks bad when Donald's killing it in Seattle.
Speaker 1: That is also a fact his great great great grandfather was Benedict Donald. And you learn that if you listened two hours ago. You know, Oh, well, tra, what does it say about me that even though I was paying attention to that segment, I've been casually watching a Mike Tyson's punch Out playthrough on YouTube. Oh hell yeah, like a speed Yeah, they're just showing how to beat everybody as fast possible. All my fan. This is so freaking nostalgic. That's sweet, dude. There's better than a lot of TV shows on the uh the old TV lately. Just watch this, watch the old punch Out play through, uh five and a second headlines later. This is the powers you want to show on the fan.
Speaker 7: You know, to take post silence the boys on the fan.