Speaker 1: I don't crack. He's the under.
Speaker 2: Pressure PRIs Puss Puss.
Speaker 1: It's great sports talk every damn night.
Speaker 3: Every can't do it selling on the telephone.
Speaker 4: That's not the original that yeah, this heyotoot, I needy do the shooteaver quickly to night you.
Speaker 5: Go back up on the hill.
Speaker 6: Nothing important is learned, it is simply remembered.
Speaker 7: How Gong the Huge Spectro said money fives Ela Sports Lab everywhere on the iHeartRadio app off at five thirty. But we started it too, so we're two hours in ninety minutes to go home of the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Dodgers v. Rockies Tomorrow. That'll be a first pitch at five o'clock. Away I play by play all weekend. Tonight, Clipper Spurs tip off at six thirty. Tomorrow, Dodgers Rockies first pitch at five, and then Sunday a huge college basketball game one thirty p tip. Tim Kate's going to be on that pregame for Compass Media Networks. Michigan the Michigan State a top ten in state Rivalry Showdown Number eight Michigan State Spartan's number three Michigan Wolverines going at it. Michigan in line for a one seed, Michigan State trying to creep their way to one of those one seeds with a win on Sunday and a Big Ten Tournament title.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm looking forward to that Big Ten Tournament. I don't know anybody else that makes money off of that thing, but I certainly get a lot of pleasure out of it every single year. Yes you do. You know the clock turns in the Big Ten Tournament and I look up and I say, wow, it's been another year where they're going Chicago or Indie. What a time.
Speaker 1: I wonder what's great?
Speaker 6: I wonder what this Penn State Northwestern score is. Oh, look, everybody's out at Jean and Georgetti's having a great time.
Speaker 7: Cheers everybody, raise your glasses, smile for the camera.
Speaker 6: Clake, Cla Clay.
Speaker 7: Go to China chorch Jenny, you want to go to Kipson's. I was thinking maybe the butcher shop. Oh good one, good one. It is now time for.
Speaker 6: The lessons learning great sports?
Speaker 5: Time can Twitter mount Own Pitchers. I guess who delivered an't really sick.
Speaker 4: Burns remus with no concerns the.
Speaker 6: Sense learn the lessons learning great sports talk features uh Count Doge Malfolio, Matt Smith in Italy.
Speaker 1: You want to say that, I want to say.
Speaker 6: Senor kates La School District Spanish teacher who does not speak well. Corrections traction correction.
Speaker 1: Oh good accent Squaila de el Monte lesson one. That's see.
Speaker 6: First, we have the women's basketball fight and the Sun Belt. The sun shone hard on Cordasia swinging down in the paint.
Speaker 8: Now when tempers have flared between Houston and Cordasia Harris, they're having to separate the players and bring them back to the bench. And now that will probably end up being the technical fouls and problems. We see an official down on the floor in the paint and things have boiled over here at the Sun Belt tournament.
Speaker 9: I don't know if there was something that was said between Cordesia Harris and Racy Houston, but something to get those tempers marking as high as we just saw that as.
Speaker 6: Communication between those two that we have not seen.
Speaker 8: We're gonna take a quick break here.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 8: Four fourth quarter.
Speaker 6: Action slow motion of the repdance. She's still laid out. They had to play over her move the drill.
Speaker 1: Lessen to less.
Speaker 6: You know, when you got inside in from Nation and everybody who knows how to put a pot on a stove knows somebody's got an eating problem. You get some mixed reviews around to.
Speaker 10: You got people that are alcoholics, You got people to the drug addicts and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: What was Zion's problem?
Speaker 6: Food? Food addict.
Speaker 10: The joke was everybody in New Orleans that cooked. It could be everybody from a restaurant and a chef to your grandmama. Oh, anybody that cooked knew about Zion Wiimson, and he knew them. They were on a first name basis because.
Speaker 6: That brother ate a lot.
Speaker 10: Okay, he even had rumors And literally I'm here thinking it was a joke, and somebody told me to go on the air and point out how he got busted hiding food under his bed.
Speaker 1: Food food, kometa food.
Speaker 2: Food food.
Speaker 6: You guys want to keep going back and forth for a while until Worthy calls.
Speaker 1: Him, Yes, I do, and then you can ask him about it. Food.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'll set up ask if I got it set up?
Speaker 2: Rido food, amoment food.
Speaker 6: Quomita fuck guess okay, lesson three ale, that's any today somebody got the bright idea of personalizing the story that was out in Las Vegas and said that I should buy a two can just because I saw one once at a store. It calls costs as much as it used Kia. But uh, somebody said that, and here's what it led to on the air.
Speaker 11: Today's song of the day's anaudible Tole. It's called Birdhouse in your Soul from They Might Be Giants. Appropriate for the Petros and Money show is Petros is building a birdhouse in his soul with the acquisition a future acquisition of an exotic bird, more specifically a two can. Maybe he can teach him how to talk and say hello, Petros, and we wish him well with that endeavor. We also wish the Clippers well as they take on the worst team in the NBA, the Indiana Pacers. It into a dome tonight or Adam Oslin. We'll set the scene with that countdown show coming up at six point thirty. Good luck, Petrose, Ah, I love.
Speaker 3: You, Petrous, Oh ah, I love you, petreus ah me.
Speaker 6: And Morre you Petros Ah, I love you Petrous, Oh themil petros A, I love you Petrous. Oh takes a lot everybody. Ah, I love you Petrous. Oh now we have Apolo jized for that already. Right, so battle bat throws, I love you Petrus? What killed him? He was pushed over the edge, finally lost.
Speaker 1: Less and far Lexion. The Big Arch, Yeah.
Speaker 6: We talked about it. Matt was out one day last week. He was gone, but he was out like not here and we talked to McClain about the Big Arch. Not easy to get him excited about it, little care. Would you get this burger though? No? No, no, that's available on an app and corona. Would you draw? No, I'm not even going to drive over to Venture and to good I mean just but Matt came back and the CEO was also very excited about the Big Arch and did a very awkward video and took a very small bike. Here we go. First, Holy cow, god, that is a big burger.
Speaker 12: We've got a very unique kind of sesame, stoppy sort of bun on it. We've got two quarter pound patties, a delicious big Arch sauce, and of course some lettuce. So oh, there's so much going on with this. First of all, let's forget to get this thing.
Speaker 6: I don't even know how to attack it. It's up so much.
Speaker 12: Some crispy onions on here as well as see those kind of coming out. Gotta hate, all right. The moment of truth that is so good. That's a big bite for a big arch. Distinctively McDonald, that's a bitch bite for a bitch guy.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 12: The moment of truth that is so good. That's a big bite for a big arch.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, sir. Back to business school at Penn moment of truth less than five lexion sinko, that's way a moment of self reflection from Don McClain about maybe people didn't like me so much sometimes because because I complained a lots of the rest like Luca, I.
Speaker 13: Never talked about when I played, but sometimes it's appropriate. So I was a guy that got after the officials. A lot people don't like it, they don't like watching it, they don't like you doing it. And on a much lower scale I did it. But at UCLA, you know, I got technicals and all that, and it really turned a lot of people off. And so I think that's why nobody wants to watch a great player play great but bitch at the officials the entire game, like literally and so I kind of know that from my own experience. Now, I got better at it because I had to. I never played at the level Lucas is in the NBA, but I have a feeling that's what it is is guys are really turned off watching him complain the entire game. That's not once in a while, it is literally the entire game.
Speaker 6: And those are the lessons learning great sports talk gracies. Miamigo, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: You see him there on your screen, Danada.
Speaker 6: Coming up next, we will have the top story of the day featuring Matt Money Smith on the NBA NUBA number one draft pick Matt Smith Coming up next, this is Petrosen.
Speaker 14: Money on to Mad Demand.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening, everybody. It's Petro saying Money on Ampire seventy LA Sports. We are your home of Dodger Baseball and we're happy to be with you because the Dodgers, well, they're a big deal. You see overnight show, ALTONI blew that Grand Slam? Did you see that? Kids? Did you see? Did you absorb the greatness?
Speaker 1: A triple shy of the cycle man?
Speaker 6: You are actually a witness. Forget the whole stupid lebron thing. You're a witness to show Aletani's true greatness, true and pure as the snow up on the top of Mount Fuji. But you'll have Dodger action tomorrow on a five seventy LA Sports Tim Kait's action on Sunday Michigan Michigan statement. Right now, it is time for the top story of the day, top story of it.
Speaker 7: Big congratulations, another record set paused the game, halt all sports talk and alert the masses once again as he did a few years ago in a Laker uniform. Lebron James has set a career milestone. He surpassed Wilt Chamberlain, he surpassed call Malone, and now he has taken down the captain, a man who's live.
Speaker 1: You saved.
Speaker 7: He did not acknowledge you saving his life career in which it was saved. A faulty stool nearly sent him plummeting to his death off of a eighteen inch riser inside the locker room as we set to celebrate his on the shoulders of Giants, Jazz spoken Word and Basketball history CD and Cassette centered on the Harlem Wrens and the original Celtics.
Speaker 6: I had to dig pretty deep to uh to pull Kareem back up.
Speaker 1: That's big nn.
Speaker 7: It's a big bag of bones. You and I swap seats, and that man is dead. I would not have had the strength nor the reaction time to save him.
Speaker 6: Your lower body might have flipped up over you mad You might I don't think might have. I think it absolutely would have. And chances are I would not even have reached out to help. I would have just waved my arms around and screamed like a child. Uh.
Speaker 7: He's passed Kareem Abdul Jabbar for the most field goals. Remember, Kareem did not shoot threes. There was no three point line for a great majority of his career, so a lot of people pointed to that as a real record, the true scoring record, as opposed to points of which Lebron is now over fifty thousand and now surpassed Kareem's fifteen thousand, eight hundred thirty seven And what could have been? What might have been a topic and a theme that regularly rears its head here on the Petros and Money Show. A celebration, a coronation, a recognition of one of the greatest athletes to play any sport during this particular era of American sporting life is instead looked at with a side eye, the stat chasing nature, the staring at box scores while he's on the bench in the middle of third quarters.
Speaker 6: While Jason Hart gives him the side eye.
Speaker 7: Oh well, Jason Hart gives him the side eye the chasing stats in a meaningless thirty point blowout against the Dallas Mavericks, insisting upon staying on the court for thirty three minutes instead of taking a seat after twenty in order to score the triple double. A triple double by the oldest player in NBA history is what leads to these not being events but debate points. But eh, should we really celebrate a guy that seems like he's just kind of out there trying to knock one of these off? After another answers, Yes, we should. I mean we should point out that averaging twenty points and seven rebounds and seven assists at forty one years old is pretty freaking remarkable.
Speaker 6: What I feel like is like, I don't have to because somebody else will do it. You don't much like the laundry at my house.
Speaker 1: You have a laundry fairy too, huh.
Speaker 7: May Forty of the sports fans will in fact, celebrate it's sixty percent. Well, not Richard Jefferson coming to his defense. No surprise, he is part of the number one team now that Jeff Van Gundy is back coaching and Doris has been relegated to the second team. Doris Burke, he Tim Legler, and Mike Breen.
Speaker 6: Back of the Boss.
Speaker 7: Doris pointed out that it is not easy. As a matter of fact, it is almost impossible to chase twenty two years of twenty points of twenty five points a game. That's essentially what he's done, and he got quite upset at the critics. But at the same time, I don't think it's necessarily trying to diminish the record itself. It's diminishing the manner in which they've been achieved. And I think you go through Twitter and they do a great job of well being snarky and carrying down things that otherwise should be celebrated. There are multiple brilliantly edited low lights making their way around that social media universe. From a late in the game exchange between he and Nikola Jokic, it is a tight game. The entire fourth quarter, the Lakers Will were never down more than seven, and on average. It was about a one to four point affair, very back and forth when the strange injury occurred.
Speaker 14: I watched it live well, and I had the same feeling I would have with a teammate, you know, because everybody has like multiple teammates on a football team, maybe less on a basketball team that ride and roll around on the floor like two or three times a week, and everybody learns to just ignore them, right, And I feel that vibe so deeply with Lebron.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can't speak to that. I'd never played high level athletics.
Speaker 6: You know, we'd all look each at each other and roll our eyes, right, I mean it happens on the playground too.
Speaker 7: Well, that's the thing, this is, this is what what I thought of when I saw the.
Speaker 6: You can't do that out in the waves, Matt. You know, if you lay grabbing your elbow, you're gonna die and die shark but or punched it by the dolphin's nose.
Speaker 1: Oh that nose.
Speaker 7: We'll push you so hard it'll puncture your chest cavity. But what I was thinking, like when I was watching it, as he's writing in pain, and like hold if he first holds his right arm, that's kind of the video that's making the run right is that he's holding his right kid.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, no, kids can't even tell which arm. And then he acted like he couldn't be helped up by the arm, like it was out of joint or.
Speaker 1: Something, even though that wasn't the one that was hurt.
Speaker 6: We all saw you fall on your ass. You didn't fall.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But what it like is all of these sort of videos are edited together to kind of prove their point that he flops. That the histrionics and the over dramatic reactions to you know, maybe their files maybe or not. It's just it's it's a getting old and b it's unbecoming of someone who's supposed to be one of the greatest athletes in the history of the world, regardless of sport.
Speaker 6: The one thing I take away from a lot of the social media stuff, which I'm fully indoctrinated into, is he makes everybody around him.
Speaker 1: Miserable, uncomfortable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like that's the ultimate like is they're all standing over him trying to figure out, all right, the game has stopped. What are we going to do here? You know, you laid on your ass. And now the two points that we just cut into this lead have been given back because you've been rioting here and there was a four on five situation on the other end of the floor. And now I'm Jared Vanderbilt, and I don't know if I'm supposed to help you up, if I'm supposed to walk away, Like I'm just standing here staring at You're like, bro, what do.
Speaker 1: You want me to do? Like what? What? What am I supposed to do here?
Speaker 7: But like, truly, what I thought about was and yeah, I've gotta I the idea that I can compare anything I do in my life to the level of athleticism and physicality that even transpires on a basketball court, let alone a football field or something like that. But at the same time, you know, and again this is gonna sound so ridiculous, but it's just that that's this is.
Speaker 1: What happens in our lives.
Speaker 7: Last night, I freaking slammed my thumb on the door really hard, and it's got that whole blood pooling under the nail, like that that hard sort of thing. I got drill a hole in it, you know, and squeeze the blood out, spurning blood from your thumb. Though, And I'm thinking, like, am I grabbing my thumb and screaming and rolling around on the ground. No, you just kind of bite your bottom lip and you're.
Speaker 6: Like dumb dumn it dump.
Speaker 7: Like any injury that we have and our adult lives is typically met with that sort of reaction.
Speaker 1: You know, ah, son of them.
Speaker 7: You stub your toe, you bang your knee, you hammer your elbow. Because he described this injury as a funny bone, only incredibly more intense.
Speaker 1: You do something like that, even if you break some and I'll.
Speaker 6: Wash my funny bone intensity on anybody.
Speaker 1: Some form of it.
Speaker 7: Nobody reacts by rolling around on the ground and writhing. What can you think of any time in your life that you were injured. I have broken a foot, I have torn my meniscus. I have had an exploded shoulder. My ac joint got absolutely destroyed. And even then, outside of puking on my own chest, I guess because I was in so much pain, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Writhing and rolling around.
Speaker 7: It's just such an odd reaction for anyone, let alone someone that looks like that is six foot eight, two hundred and sixty pounds. From that sort of injury, it's just so incredibly.
Speaker 6: Odd, very dramatic there's no doubt. You know, I've I've seen all types, and he's among the most dramatic of all time, and he never really actually seems to be. Somebody did tweet out like what if he actually did get hurt, like blow his achilles like Kobe did or Kevin Durant, They'd have to airlift him out. They'd have to pop the top off from lex Arena and airlift him out.
Speaker 7: I think they have a special trap door on the floor that they just shove him into and he drops into a padded room where they can then wrap him in some sort of bubble wrap or cotton balls and transport him to a safe.
Speaker 1: Spot I mean after the game.
Speaker 7: And you would assume he knows that all of these clips are available, that people are going to watch this from six different angles in slow mo, and they're going to recognize what this contact look like, which there wasn't much, let alone what he might have done to his body when crashing to the court. And yet he was still incredulous, pugnacious and come bative to the press when asked about the play.
Speaker 13: The same marginal margin that so time of that.
Speaker 7: Work, That's exactly what it was, dude, you didn't get fouled, like he couldn't.
Speaker 6: Could have killed you if he wanted to. He got out of the way.
Speaker 1: That's that.
Speaker 7: That is a perfect one word description of what the contact on that play was.
Speaker 1: Marginal.
Speaker 7: He's got his hands behind his back his chest, makes slight contact with your right shoulder and somehow it sends you tumbling. And I understand that Nikola Yolki is one of the larger individuals in the NBA, but sends him tumbling to the court. It was exactly what it was, marginal. And if he's tired of being told that he's not getting foul calls because the contact is marginal, I would say, maybe file that and recognize that that's how the game is being played and you're not going to get called. And look if they want to complain about it. On a grand scheme, Yeah, they only went to the free throw line fifteen times, the Nuggets went thirty one, and over the course of the season, the Lakers go to the free throw line the third most of any team in the NBA. So maybe there was something there, but on that particular play to suggest that you are so that the s is tiring, that you're so f and tired of this s and this word marginal. Maybe file that and put a pin in it for another day when there actually is some legitimate contact. It is truly tiring on a night that maybe should have been celebratory, but it's just impossible to do that anymore.
Speaker 6: They make it pretty hard, matt make it hard to enjoy Laker basketball, make it hard to celebrate milestones. Shake Gilges Alexander dressed up like a furry.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the hell that was.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's a very.
Speaker 7: Mean we got that is certainly going to rival the Kuser's pink sweater with the arms down to his Ankles'll.
Speaker 6: Take Aaron Judge's weird teeth and uninspiring speech any day, any day, yes, Tim.
Speaker 7: Now, the real test for Lebron will see if he plays tonight against a bad Indiana team but nursing that bad elbow. That's a great call case because it isn't back to back. Indiana is the worst team in the league. It's an opportunity for him to get in easy twenty five, ten and ten if he wants to chase it again. But he has said that this elbow injury is serious and that he might have to sit out a little bit. Odds on whether or not he's gonna sit it out.
Speaker 6: Well, I would say that he's gonna sit it out, just not tonight. No, no, no.
Speaker 7: They have a game on Sunday too, So three games in four days. He's not playing Sunday. Is the team they play on Sunday over the Knicks.
Speaker 1: The Knicks, they're one of the best teams in the league.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh, he's not gonna play it out.
Speaker 1: He'll play tonight though, but.
Speaker 7: He's got to play against the Knicks because you're gonna have Denzel and Spike Lee.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're be able to go over there and chop it up with Spike Lee.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: Well, Spike Lee's wearing his chake evera communist hat.
Speaker 7: Thinking the numbers you can put up tonight though, I mean, the percentages will all go. What's what I'm saying. I think he's gonna play it regardless.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm sure this is what Lebron's camp is talking about right now. We're not the only ones doing it, guys, Come.
Speaker 1: On, what's the move, Lebron? You want to play?
Speaker 6: I Beta was doing it and bitch as Sadonna and everybody, so simple yeah you are. We'll be right back with your dad and alive guy. Birthday of the Day. Headed towards five thirty because the Clippers they play tonight too. They're taking on the Spurs. Southern California's most listened to sports talk show on demand, frog Man Friday, Everybody, Petro, sand Money, happen to be with you, Clippers in Sand and Tone. If you ever feel sorrow and you're down in San antone bag steel or borrow two Nichols or a dime and call me on the phone. I'll meet you at Alamo mission. Actually we won't. We're gonna go home and we'll be back on Monday. Are the Clippers still on the road on Monday?
Speaker 1: Not on Monday. They are on the road Saturday.
Speaker 7: They'll be home to the Knicks in a nationally televised Peacock broadcast. So we will go three to six, but we'll be at Into It Thome. Perhaps you can do another promotion out there and make your way back to the Into It, don't pe You're the only one of us who's been there for basketball this season.
Speaker 6: I love it, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love this place. I got my sushi rito and I just walked in. I didn't have walked out.
Speaker 6: I did not order a sushi rito, but the food was ample. All right, Matt, we have one more segment after this, but right now it's time for the dead guy Birthday of the Day.
Speaker 7: Well, it is Michaelangelo's birthday, arguably one of the most brilliant and talented humans to have ever walked the earth. We've done him before, so instead we're going to talk about one of the most talented and all time great entertainers in the history of the world, one half of the dynamic duo Bud Abbot and Lou Costello, and today we celebrate Costello would have been one hundred and twenty today, the Fat One Lou born in Jersey. His parents were immigrants from Italy and France, and he was a hell of an athlete. He set two of his high school's basketball records at the time, and he was an amateur races like jobs and a team wolf. That's I would guess that that's what his game would look like. He fought as Lou king shoot and then he sunk it and then followed a profession career into the world of the law. Not Costello, Chubbs. He loved Charlie Chaplin and decided he wanted to be the next Charlie Chaplin, so he hitchhiked to Hollywood after high school. He did the laborer thing while fighting for extra work at MGM, and because he was an athlete, he wasn't quite so portly back then. They hired him as a stuntman. They say, you can recognize him in a lot of the Laurel and Hardy films, but that did not take his chase of stardom, so he went back home. In nineteen twenty eight, Great Depression Hits. He's working for stockburlesque shows. He meets Bud Abbott. It took them four or five years before they realized that they were perfect together. William Morris signs them in nineteen thirty six. They debut in thirty eight on the Kate Smith Radio Hour, and it was on the Kate Smith Radio Hour that they debuted arguably the most famous comedy routine ever, Who's on first?
Speaker 5: On the Saint Louis team, we have who's on first? What's on second? I don't know he's on third. That's what I want to find out.
Speaker 3: I want you to tell me the names of the fellows on a Saint Louis team.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you who's on first, what's on second? I don't know he's on third? You know the fellow's names?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 5: Well, then who's playing first? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean the fellow's name on first base? Who the fellow player first base for Saint Louis? Who the guy on first base? Who is on first?
Speaker 5: But what are he asking me for? I'm not asking you.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you who is on first. I'm asking you who's on first? That's the man's name, that's whose name? Yeah, we'll go ahead and tell me who the guy on first? Who the first base?
Speaker 6: Who is on first?
Speaker 5: How you got on first basement?
Speaker 6: On first?
Speaker 5: Surdnd rate? Then who's playing first? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: When you pay off the first basement every month? Who gets them on every dollar of it?
Speaker 5: Why not? The man's entitled Louis who?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 5: So who gets it? Why shouldn't he? Sometimes his wife comes down and clexing, who's what?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 5: After all a man earns it? Who does? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm trying to find out us what's the guy's name on first base?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: What was on second base?
Speaker 3: I'm not asking you who's on seconds? On first That's what I'm trying to find out. Don't change the players. I'm not changing nobody. What's the guy's name on first base?
Speaker 5: What's the guy's name on second base?
Speaker 3: I'm not asking you who's on seconds? On first I don't know he's on flag.
Speaker 5: We're not talking about him.
Speaker 6: That's like I was talking about Daniel Hudson.
Speaker 7: Same level of comedy genius. The whole skit is about fun.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to identify Dodger relievers that have been on the show.
Speaker 7: There is one single minute of it, and it never gets old, it never dies out. It is brilliant. Their success on Smith's Show landed them the replacement slot during the summer for the Fred Allen Show that took off Universal Picture signs them for one night in the Tropics. They did a shortened version of Who's On First on the silver screen and that made at the sensation. By the end of forty one, they were one of the biggest box office draws in all of Hollywood. The Abbott and Costello Show launched on NBC and forty two ran through forty seven. ABC picked it up from forty seven through forty nine. Thirty six films over sixteen years the highest paid entertainers through World War Two. They promoted and sold war bonds. Treasury said they alone were responsible for what they believed to be in the ballpark of eighty five million dollars in bond sales. Sad ending though oh no.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 7: While doing the tours for all of the service people. Suffered an attack of rheumatic fever in forty three that put him down for six months. He was never the same, and he suffered a tragedy in his personal life. His infant son before his first birthday, Lou Junior, drown after a babysitter lost sight of him in the backyard pool, and they said that pretty much ended his demeanor and willingness to do comedy. He tried to power through.
Speaker 6: Come on, you're a fat funny guy. Make us laugh, Dan, come on, faty, you clean have it split it up amicably.
Speaker 7: In fifty seven he did get into tax trouble with the irs, had to sell his home rights to his films, and at just fifty two years old and fifty nine, he suffered a heart attack and died. He is interred here at Calvary Cemetery in East la His Luke Costello Junior Youth Foundation that he founded right afterr Son died tragically, still operates today out of Boyle Heights. He and Abbott are two of the only non baseball personnel to be in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Happy one hundred and twentieth to lou Francis Costello.
Speaker 6: The basketball fatty Chobs from Teen Wolf was played by Mark Holton, who acted for many years. Jeff Cohen is the guy that played Chunk from Goonies that went into the.
Speaker 7: Law right who came on our show and he went into the law corrections in retraction he became.
Speaker 6: He became a lawyer.
Speaker 4: Corrections and retraction.
Speaker 6: Neither man to be super fat in their older age, though Halton is older and has been through some wear and tear in life.
Speaker 1: Well haven't we all?
Speaker 6: He was in the Leprechaun movie.
Speaker 1: I heard those paid.
Speaker 6: Another actor Matt Sean Evans. This would be British News.
Speaker 9: It's time for PMS, British News, United Kingdom, English News.
Speaker 6: It's time for British News.
Speaker 2: Cheerio's up Straight gets out.
Speaker 6: Sean Evans is forty six today, son of a taxi driver and a hospital worker. A Hackey and somebody who works in hospital from Liverpool, but of Irish descent. He went to St Edward's College near Liverpool and started acting there, and then because he was very popular, he went to the National Youth Theater in London, then the Guildhall School of Drama. Started his career acting and stuff British television in two thousand and one as a young man. Many roles on British TV and film. But we are here, Matt, not because this guy looks a lot like Eddie Redmain, but we are here because he was the titular titular character of itvs. Endeavor playing Endeavor Morse. Endeavor is a prequel to The Great Show Morse, where Inspector Morse is played by John thaw Sean Evans plays a young Endeavor Morse working in Oxford.
Speaker 1: So this is part of your brit Box programming kind of thing, or no, this is.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, it could also be Acorn.
Speaker 7: All right, I'm sorry, you're very flipping and I'm just very simple. I'm a simpleton.
Speaker 6: When it comes, it could be Acorn or brit Box or ITV. ITV is where it shows in England.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: ITV is a free station out in England. It's like NBC out here. But Morse one of the great detective shows of all time, based in the Thames Valley around Oxford. Endeavor is a prequel and Evans plays the young Morse, a young police detective making his way in Thames Valley in the early sixties with big, pointy boobs and big hair. It's beautifully dune.
Speaker 1: Are we talking like current or this is nineties two? Okay? So this is went for a long time. Gotcha?
Speaker 6: The Brits generally do episodic TV way better than us. How do I know this? From brit Box and Acorn my radio partner, so flippantly through out there like a card at a table. Sorry, Euphoria fans, they do a better job. Endeavor lasted nine seasons, thirty six long episodes ninety minutes.
Speaker 1: Man, you've watched them all.
Speaker 6: More or less, Okay, I haven't watched all of the sequel to Morse. Lewis also a fine show, but I haven't watched all of it. The hard thing for me to wrap my head around, Matt is how many people get murdered around this university? Just a lot of killings.
Speaker 1: You think you'd probably move out of the neighborhood, right.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know it's a great school and all, and I love the whole vibe. But every time somebody goes down by the river to recite some Shakespeare end up getting chopped up or outside the head or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but.
Speaker 6: Endeavor is the is the prequel. Morse is the show, and Lewis is the sequel. Just for everybody wondering.
Speaker 1: And if you are to rank them in order, Morse one.
Speaker 6: Endeavor, Okay, only pointy boobs well and behind that, but you know, I've gotta I can get more into Lewis and we shall return.
Speaker 1: You know, the British ladies they do have the booblers.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think that's a broad generalization. It is some are more fit than others, which is how they like to say it. But you could be right, you could be onto something. There. What I like is a big, wide, flat square ap like two mic flags right next to each other.
Speaker 1: There you go, put that up on the poll question for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, get that up there. Frenzy dork. All right, we'll be back. We're gonna do the we're gonna do the fun fact that we're gonna do the quick ands. So nobody's gonna complain about it.