Speaker 1: More variety from the two thousands of the nineties and today it's Star one on one three, it's Marcus in the morning. Down to your second date update. Let's bring our guy, Evan on. Evan, are you there?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hey morning, how you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm good man. I want to talk about your date. Obviously we're talking about Tory.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the DM, so let's talk about it. What did you guys do?
Speaker 1: I mean, I realized you met online and everything, but tell me about this dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I'm really surprised because it was an amazing dinner. I thought the connection was good, and I'm confused about why she ghosted.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: By the way, Curtin all the way back, Evan did confess to me off the air. He's not a morning person, so it took every ounce of energy to make this phone call.
Speaker 3: So now I have to come through. Yeah, what did you guys talk about?
Speaker 2: Well, she was just really funny and we shared this similar like a sense of humor, and she was really real and we connected on you know, we're both stressed about work and we watch all the same shows and it was just nice to have a date that didn't feel like an interview, like we were actually connecting and sure I had a nice time.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see if we can get her on the phone. I want to see if we can get you a second date. Obviously, I'd love to figure out why she ghosted, but, like I said, thinking positively, let's see if we can move this forward.
Speaker 3: Evan, you ready to do this. I'm a little nervous, but yeah, I was gonna ask you, are you nervous? Do you get nervous?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead and meet your phone. She won't be able to hear you, but you can listen in. Okay, here we go. Hell e, hi, is this toy than toy? It's Marcus calling from Star one to one three.
Speaker 3: Good morning. Uh, it's a I do a morning radio show.
Speaker 4: Do you listen a radio show?
Speaker 3: It is? You've never you've never heard of it. That's okay, it's all right, it's okay. They're just my feelings. I have more. It's fine, this is fine. Hey, do you have a second to be on the air? Let me Yeah, I guess, thank you.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Sorry to wake you. So we do a segment on the show called second Date Update. It's like a dating segment, and we talk to people who have been on our first date. Maybe there was a misunderstanding. Trying to salvage something here. I guess you went on a date with a guy named Evan and he sent me your phone number, and he's feeling like you ghosted. So I'd like to try to figure out, I'll be blunt, what did Evan do wrong? Or have you just been busy? You know, did you ghost a little? Okay, how did it go for you?
Speaker 4: Like it started ouh good, but it kind of went off the rails for me a little bit. Uh. He just he had some like works.
Speaker 1: This has been a theme all this week. All right, well tell me about evans strange quirks.
Speaker 5: Okay, So first of all, like this is a small thing, but it's just kind of hard to ignore. He kept like wiping his hands on his pants instead of using his napkin, and not just after eating, like after touching the menu, picking up his phone, he shook hands with the server. He just kept like wiping his pants over and over.
Speaker 3: Again and did not use the napkin at all.
Speaker 4: No, it was just like on his lap the entire time. It was like he didn't trust his hands. That like they were clean, but he also kind of like didn't believe in napkins and both of them, like both for reasons are weird. Sure, So that was the first thing. The second thing is midway through dinner, he mentioned to me that he doesn't wash his water bottle and I was like, uh, never ever wash it, and he was like laugh and he's like, it's just water. Like that was the end of the conversation, Like, I like, you have to wash your water bottles.
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, there is bacteria in water, right, yeah, like it gets moldy. Sure. Okay.
Speaker 1: Here's the other half of this is that I've got I've got Evan listening right now, and so hopefully we're learning some things.
Speaker 3: I'd like to bring him on. Evan.
Speaker 2: Are you there, Hey, yeah, I'm here, Okay.
Speaker 1: Evan, toy toy, Evan, do you Evan. Let's let's let's peel this back a little bit. Do you, legit not wash your water bottle?
Speaker 2: No, I don't wash my water bottle. But I'm really shocked. Honestly, I didn't think that was a big deal at all. It's my bottle, it's just water. It's I mean, people over think germs I'm healthy always.
Speaker 1: Do you wash your hands like you obviously you have a hand wiping thing, you wash your hands right, like regularly.
Speaker 2: Of course I wash my hands all the time. I just don't like my hands to feel greasy. And I'm not even thinking about it. Like when I wipe my hands on my pants, it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 4: You just like you touched like everything in the restaurant and then wipe your hands on your pants and have your napkin, which was right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean my my pants are clean, so you know, if the pants start clean, then it's fine. I'm not rolling around on the floor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's but that's just like kind of not how it works.
Speaker 2: I just feel like people have different thresholds for germs and this is really a non issue. It's really surprising.
Speaker 4: It was just yeah, I mean it was just kind of gross, Like do you ever use a napkin? And to be honest, the water bottle thing, like I really can't with that, like you have to wash your water uttle. It's just like it's not the one or two things. It's just like a pattern, like the contant hand wiping, the unused napkin, and the cherry on top was the water uttle, and I just kind of feel like I couldn't unsee, like I got the egg and I couldn't an ache.
Speaker 2: It's a pattern. I mean that, that's so dramatic. These are two little, tiny, small things, and we had a really nice time.
Speaker 4: So I just don't want to feel like sticky and gross sitting across from someone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize either of those things were serious at all.
Speaker 1: So guys, I'm not sure if this is a match. Tori, if you want to try a second date, I don't even know why I'm asking. No, I'm good, sure, hang on, kind of grossed out right now. I'm not gonna lie, and I'm not a German folk. My second date update