Speaker 1: Hi. My name is Ellie, and I want to give a shout out to my amazing fiance Matt. He is just the kindest person ever. He always makes me laugh and we always have the best time together. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.
Speaker 2: Love you baby. Good morning, Katy w B. This is cool.
Speaker 3: I wanted to give a Valentine's Day shout out to my gorgeous, talented wife of going on thirteen years, an awesome mom to our two beautiful daughters. Happy Valentine's Day Street Team Slash Promotions. Just I love you and I can't wait to celebrate this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh love you guy.
Speaker 4: We know you got talk to him aout the holiday party you more Valentine shout out.
Speaker 2: Use the talk back feature well play Something's back, because this is very cool thing to get on the radio and do a little shout out to your sweetie.
Speaker 5: I want to say Happy Valentine's Day to my boyfriend Rob.
Speaker 2: We are new parents and.
Speaker 5: He is just the best dad and has so much patience with me. And it's our anniversary tomorrow as well, so just want to say I love you.
Speaker 6: I'd like to give a shout out to my better half Ben. We've been together almost a year. He's a great role model for my son and the sweetest boyfriend I know. I love you, baby.
Speaker 5: Hey, tune it in from Dallas, Texas, and I wanted to give a Valentine's shout out to my boyfriend Rob. Today is actually our anniversary as well, and we are new parents and I just want to say you are the best daddy and thank you for all the patients that you've had with me and I love you so much.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 4: This is Hannah from Princeton and I would like to make a shout out to Alonso and my daughter Maya. I love you both and Happy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 3: This is Michael from Saint Paul.
Speaker 8: I want to give a shout out to my partner Graham you thank you for building the life that we have with me and our horses.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 10: This is Sydney.
Speaker 2: I am eighteen from the Cities.
Speaker 6: And I just want to give a shout out my boyfriend husband for Valentine's to Day.
Speaker 2: We've been together for a little over two years and I just want to thank him for everything.
Speaker 11: He's done and sell him that I love him.
Speaker 8: So I love your husband.
Speaker 10: Happy Valentine.
Speaker 12: Yeah, this is Lindsay from Farmington. I like to shout out my husband Jordan for the Valentine's Day. I appreciate you and all you do for our family. You're the best husband and the best dad. Love you so much.
Speaker 7: Hey, this is Carly from Stuorville, Minnesota. Given a shout out to my husband Mark. Happy Valentine's Day, Babe. Also shout out to my son Owen day after Valentine's Day baby, So he's my forever Valentine.
Speaker 5: Hi. This is Ashley.
Speaker 13: I just wanted to give a shout out to my amazing husband. We just had a baby in December and I'm going back to school already and he is absolutely just killing it as a stay at home dad right now while he's at home on fraternity leave. So I just wanted to give him a shout out. And I love him so very much. He is truly the best husband and best dad.
Speaker 2: I could have I ever asked for.
Speaker 14: Hi.
Speaker 13: This is Andy from Heaven, Wisconson.
Speaker 11: I'm doing a Valentine shout out to my husband Nash.
Speaker 9: Nash, I love you so much.
Speaker 12: He's working hard, you are doing great things.
Speaker 7: I love you.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 3: This is Nick from Dollanho, Minnesota, and I want to give a Valentine's Day shout out to my wife Amy, Amy.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to our snowshoe hike this weekend. Ah. This one's really cool too, Chris.
Speaker 13: It's your girlfriend Whitney.
Speaker 14: A fling that was supposed to stay in Mexico has.
Speaker 2: Lasted one year today.
Speaker 13: Wow, Hay anniversary babe. Oh yeah, and Happy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Too, that was supposed to stay in Mexico.
Speaker 11: I've got so many more talkbacks for you Valentine's Dy shoutouts.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 2: My name is Trista. I'm from Harris, Minnesota, and I want to shout out my Valentine. Who is my son Charles. I love him so much.
Speaker 15: He's the light of my life and I can't imagine my life without him.
Speaker 2: Happy Valentine's Hey, buddy, I love you. That's week.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 15: This is Rachel. I'm calling to send some love to my boyfriend Danny.
Speaker 2: It's Valentine's Day.
Speaker 15: Yes, but even more special is a few days after we have our sixth month anniversary that we call Embers Day. I will always remember six months ago when I told you I had Embers of feelings, and I'm so happy that we fanned the flame and turned it into a pretty great cozy bonfire.
Speaker 2: I love you, babe. Wow cute two more for you. Hello, Sorry, And I'd like to wish as Valentine's Day to me, Lola.
Speaker 11: I just want to put out there a little people behind the curtains. Some of these I can't preview. I can see what they say, I can't. I cannot hear the voices that people put on the don't this I think every day?
Speaker 2: This purpose isn't that?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 15: This is Holly. I'd like to say Happy Valentine's Day to my husband, Brian. This is your last chance to ask.
Speaker 5: Me to be your Valentine. I can't just assume that because we're married.
Speaker 12: I love you.
Speaker 11: Bailey got on the other day because I said I about asking a listen to be my Valentine, And even though we're together, see merrit, people still do it.
Speaker 2: I did well.
Speaker 9: It doesn't make sense to me like that you have to ask to be someone's Valentine's That's like when you're in high school and you have a boyfriend or a.
Speaker 2: Girlfriend or what. I'd be cute though it's not like a serious thing.
Speaker 9: And you ask them to prom, Like, isn't it just kind of in the cards that.
Speaker 2: You're gonna go to prom together?
Speaker 11: Why do you got to am keep getting so many of these? We keep going, Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, do a couple of more, because there are people who are probably like they got a text message from their sweetheart that's had to listen to KATIEWB and they're going, why where's my shout out? Sure? Hi, Katie w B.
Speaker 8: My name is g I want to shout out to my wife Leah.
Speaker 2: We just got married a month ago, and eat the opia. I love you babe. Happy woman's anniversary. Hell yeah, the Universitary goa Hi.
Speaker 7: This is Alyssa from Plymouth, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I wanted to give a shout out to my boys, Jacob and Gunner. You are the best Valentines a mom can ask for.
Speaker 6: Love you both.
Speaker 2: Here's there's a budge. I can't hear that one. Okay, here's not one.
Speaker 13: This is Johannah come toar Water and I want to give a shout out to my amazing husband, Logan. We've been married for just over ten years, but together since I was seventeen. He's the best man and the best father. Anybody could ever asked for it, and I'm so lucky to have him. Happy down time day, honey.
Speaker 5: Happy Valentine's Day, Trevor. It's been the best thirty two years of my life.
Speaker 2: I love you thirty two years. God blessed. Wow, good morning.
Speaker 10: My Valentine's Day shout out is to my husband Tucker. We've been married for almost eight years, but together for like sixteen years, since we were sophomore than high school. He is the absolute love of my life. He is a wonderful dad and just a great all around person, motivated, dedicated, handsome, and this is for him.
Speaker 1: I'd like to say Happy Valentine's Day to my husband Luke. We've been married ten years with four wonderful kids.
Speaker 5: He worked so hard for.
Speaker 1: Us just in the same amount and we're so thankful to have him in our lives.
Speaker 2: And then I see if this one words.
Speaker 13: This is jo Hannah, come to your water, and I want to.
Speaker 2: Give me a sho Okay, cool, that's fine, Thank you. I hope you heard your shout out.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's nice to hear people in love versus or the roses.
Speaker 2: True changing it up, good little bit. Happy Valentine's Day. I don't know if it's too late to make a reservation, but.
Speaker 16: Yes, before well, depending on where you want to go, you might be able to still get into Like.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be back in a second. Play a little game of think Fast coming up next on KD double ub. We'll do it coming up in a minute. Stay here. You need this for anything, send a text to kd WB one five three nine two one. Here's a shout out Happy Valentine's Day to my hot wife Mandy from dellan O. Let's play a little game of think Fast. This is kind of our signature game here on the show. And I think Vant is hosting today vaunt. Who would you like to play versus versus on Think Fast today? Well, I'm feeling a little crabby, so that needs nothing. Give me Dave, give me Jenny, all right, David, Jenny.
Speaker 11: And everything is Valentine's Day theme today, so I will let you know as we go on with different categories. We'll start off with things that are red. Now I'll still give you regular clues and letters, but just keep in mind all these things are the color red. Okay, here we go, Baby keeps scorrep Thank you. This makes a lot of noise, and it starts with F firecracker.
Speaker 2: What Dave, firecracker?
Speaker 11: I'm going fire truck, Jenny? All right, yeah, Jenny's a point. Okay, Jenny gets a point.
Speaker 2: Yeah you said a fire tractor. Yeah, that's what I thought, but a fire truck. Confused. I thought everything was related to Valentine's Day. But I get it. It's red because it's Valentine's Day. Ah, okay, here we go. This is All these things are red.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 2: This tastes good on a burger and it starts with K. Catch up good Jenny, whoa, Oh, she's on fire.
Speaker 11: Puck her up. This starts with L lips or lipstick lips, Jenny. This perfects the Sunday and it starts with the.
Speaker 2: C candles church. Remember they are red. No, it's cherries, cherries Sunday.
Speaker 16: Sunday Sunday Day Church, you know, the red church.
Speaker 2: All these things are red.
Speaker 11: No points for that one. All these things are red. You don't want to see this on your shirt.
Speaker 2: It starts with B boogers blood. I'll take either one of those. Actually, Okay, I was still I'm not getting this round is not registering in my head.
Speaker 14: One of those get it red red.
Speaker 2: Turn your microphone off the power to do that.
Speaker 11: This is red starts with them and this is a sauce that's stains your tup.
Speaker 2: Aware forever, Marinara. Yes, I knew what it was, but I couldn't think of what it.
Speaker 11: Was, all right, the last one in the red category. This starts with C and it's the mascot for Saint Louis Cardinals. Yes, gosh, good job, Dave, same type of deal, but we're switching over the pink. This helps you if your stomach hurts. And it starts this is also pink. You'll see this at the zoo and it starts with f oh bailey. That was a tie. That was so close.
Speaker 2: Good job, though. This is pink.
Speaker 11: If you're stressed, you'll probably start chewing on this. And it starts with the GPS.
Speaker 2: Dave, what'd you say, Tom's? I said, gums like your gums, No.
Speaker 11: Gum, but David's first. Anyway, This is pink starts with P and it's a lovable kids TV character.
Speaker 2: Have a pig. Yes, it's more Dave's alleys. Dave has five four I'm back. Pink goes in the sandwich and starts with H pink goat Ham. Yes, you know that point. You're not getting that point by.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: That's why I get it. This is pink. It's another name for a baldlet skart skirt that starts with T. Yes. This is game point for Dave, game point for Dave oh Man.
Speaker 11: All right, this is also pink. And this is the last one in the pink category. You grab this at a carnival and it starts with C.
Speaker 17: Candy Dave for there win.
Speaker 2: All right, were better at the pink category.
Speaker 11: Now you can play at home. But we're gonna switch it up completely. These are all chocolates, and I'll just give you the letter. This is a chocolate that starts with the letter H.
Speaker 2: Bailey, j Hammarker, slimmer. You're gonna call on me? Oh no, give me a chocolate that starts the letter.
Speaker 3: T.
Speaker 2: Bailey has her hand raised.
Speaker 11: Yes Bailey, toll Baron, Yes to bone. Give me a chocolate that starts with.
Speaker 2: The letter F. Jenny. I don't know. It's the fancy one. Would have never known. A little gold ball looking things.
Speaker 11: They're expensive to tell for me, Give me a chocolate that starts with the letter A.
Speaker 2: Coming to you, David almond. Can't think of anything.
Speaker 11: Give me a chocolate that starts with the letter B. You look like you're struggling, Mailey, bere.
Speaker 2: A Deli butterfinger finger or baby Ruth. Last one for you at home?
Speaker 11: Give me a chocolate that starts with the letter Why.
Speaker 2: Anybody know you're a deli nice?
Speaker 9: I keep thinking of like fancy chocolates, not like you know, Halloween chocolate.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you didn't work va in there anyway. What's the one that everybody is like? The trendy one? Now, the chocolate chocolate? What's so special about Dubai chocolate fairy?
Speaker 16: I don't well, that's what I thought, but then I had some last night. Name was pink, so it must have been a Valentine saying, but I don't know.
Speaker 9: Unchy the one that I've only had it one time, and the one that I had was like very textured and crunchy. The Dubai part, whatever that is that's in.
Speaker 16: There, it's characterized by a thick milk chocolate shell filled with a creamy, crunchy mixture of toasted cataffe I don't know, pistaschio paste and tahmi. So that's what's in the inside. I should try it like official TikTok made it popular.
Speaker 9: Apparently makes sense. They make everything popular. I used to work at a Gidelli stand, David, So why do you keep pronouncing it you're a deli. That's because I'm no, because he said with a bee and with a y, so I'd say beer a deli.
Speaker 2: She was funny. Yeah, so you work at the chocolate stand? When you work at the Fairs chocolate stand or the Renaissance, Oh I do, yeah, the Renaissance Festival.
Speaker 9: I do work at a chocolate stand in a tent where we sell chocolate turtles. Those are delicious, and chocolate covered strawberries at the Renaissance Festival.
Speaker 2: The Danger Committee. Come see me there. Gyl Lim chocolates. When you're going to Las Vegas. Fyl Lim chocolates are made in Las Vegas. They have the little liqueurs where it's like it's shaped like a bottle. It'll say like whiskey or brandy or rum or tequila. What no, nothing, no flip bottles. Yeah, Jenny will back up ethyl limn chocolate. And I used to go to Las Vegas. I bring them back every time because there are little tiny bottles about the size of the last digit, two knuckles of your pinky finger. Look at your pinky finger, it's last two knuckles of your pinky finger. A little bottle filled with real booze. We had had to eat sixty of those to get a buzz, you know. Oh, I see there was real liquor in the area.
Speaker 9: We had at the Jaredelli stand at Epcot, we had a like a liquidized hot chocolate, but it wasn't hot chocolate like ooh with little marshmallows. It was like just liquid chocolate and it was warm, and no one.
Speaker 2: Ever bought it, so at the end of the day we'd have to dump it out.
Speaker 9: Before we dumped it out, we would fill cups and then just down it.
Speaker 2: So you're drinking liquid milk chocolate.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 9: Essentially it was so gross, but then we could eat little squares throughout the day.
Speaker 2: Like he I've shared this story with you before. I thought it was really interesting. We went to a chocolate farm in Hawaii last year, so a coco cow cow cocoa. It's not cocoa, but it's thank you. And I learned something really interesting that what we call a chocolate bar in America is not a chocolate bar. It's mostly sugar. So you look at Hershey's or Dove, it's not a chocolate bar. It's a candy bar. So when they sell that in Canada or France, they cannot call it a chocolate bar. It's a candy bar because it's not enough chocolate to be called the chocolate bar in these other countries. But here in America, where you can like, you know, lie do lie, you can get away with it, you can lie, they call it a can of chocolate bar. We're getting played by chocolate r us Hershey's what that dam you? Hershey, evil evil candy company fist.
Speaker 16: You can go get a nice chocolates here. It comes yeah, from Holiday Station Stars because did you guys know that.
Speaker 2: They make them fresh, They.
Speaker 16: Peak taste and texture, So go check those out. That's made with real chocolate chips. That's what I think they are.
Speaker 2: But they're delicious either way. Yeah, you can get different kinds of no matter what. All right, we'll be bad one just a couple of seconds away from you can't make this tough up. There's a new trend called bloom scrolling, and it's supposed to be good for you. But what is bloom scrolling, and how do you get started? I'll tell you next. Do you want a trend that you can get behind? And we all know about doom scrolling, ear scrolling through all the news and the posts and all the stressful stuff. While spring is coming you guys, Yes it is one day, So maybe you should start bloom scrolling instead. Whah what that's basically the opposite. Instead of diving into all the depressing stuff, you plant good things into your feed. You choose positive, calming, inspiring content. It's all about being intentional about what you feed your brain and curating your social media space so it lifts you up instead of stressing you out. Think of like cute animal videos or the cat that comes into his mom's room in the middle of the night on a unicycle playing the banjo. The unicycle cat kills me every time. Cannot get enough of the unicycle cat. So peaceful travel clips, wholesome moments, creativity, motivational, little peaceful quotes, or anything that makes you feel lighter. So if you feed this into your algorithm, then all of a sudden, you're not going to get this and this and this and all the nasty negative stuff. So people embrace it now is a digital self care habit, swapping constant negativity for a cat with a banjo or whatever it is. Yeah, that you like to get I like that.
Speaker 9: I mean I have some good stuff peppered in with all of the doom stuff. So that's I mean, you get a best of both worlds. Little of this, a little that like Thanksgiving table.
Speaker 16: I can't get my Discover page and see what I'm seeing right now because a week or two ago I literally went to it and everything on it was dogs, and it made me so happy that I've created that kind of an algorithm.
Speaker 2: Go to my Instagram and on my story. There are text messages your dog would send you if your dog could. For example, can you bring snacks home? No reason? Just feels right. I moved from the couch to the floor, different vibes, still waiting for you. I'm not bored, I'm just understimulated. Another one the cat walk past. I stayed calm, Please be proud of me. Just woke up from a nap. Feel like I need another one. These are text messages your dog would send if they could. Quick question, why does shoes exist? And they seem so very chewable? I brought you a toy. It means I love you. It's slightly damp. Not saying you should come home early, but I am saying i'd like that. These are text messages your dog would send you. Yeah, so work that seat, work a little bit more. Dave Ryan into your algorithm because there's all kinds of cat's playing banjos? Where can we follow you on this Serra, Dave Ryan, Katie'll be Where could I follow you? Bailey on air on Instagram? Thank you so much? Okay, Jenny, where can I follow?
Speaker 16: I'm sorry, I'm distracted. People are crawling into ai beds. One was a blueberry, one was carmel, one was guacamole, And so it's asking me which one I would crawl into?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I love so realistic.
Speaker 9: I've seen those when there's a giant cat and you're like cuddling with a ginormal cat, which is truly my dream, like a lion.
Speaker 2: No, no, like like the cat is the bed. Oh so you lay on the cat and you cover up with its furs.
Speaker 16: Oh, I'm choosing the cloud bed. Sorry, I'm still distracted, fairly that's cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Katie w b Beck Okay, got your where do we follow you? Vant League v O N T L e a K.
Speaker 11: My favorite ones are the ones where it's a chiropractor given the oldest of ladies massage and then out of nowhere crack splam and then throw her into the door.
Speaker 2: Is the back fixed? Now? That's I guess if that makes you laugh, it does because you're a litle bit twisted.
Speaker 9: You're the cat on the unicycle playing the trombone.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so funny if I was a woman getting body slammed in the door. Because it's fake. I love that. I'm waiting for the one. And I don't know if I've seen it with the cats of Benny Hannah Chef and he's out there doing flips and things like that and flip and shrimp and things like that in the middle of the night.
Speaker 16: Because you share it every single time you see it instaty.
Speaker 2: You've got not sharing it on the show page anymore. You never log on our show page. Oh, Dave must have been logged it. I didn't realize how. And yeah, I get it now, Okay, far and Cache. That is brought to you by the Leo Agency on KATIEWB. We'll cover the dirt coming up in a second lot of stuff to cover everything from the Olympics. Savannah Guthrie and James Vanderbeek all coming up next on Dave's Dirt On Kati w B. My niece in Colorado texted me yesterday. It's KATWB. By the way, Dave Ryan Show. My niece. She texted me and she said, do you know a Gertrude? And I said, no, what are you talking about? Well, the backstory is my sister, my favorite sister. I love them all, but she's always been the one that was most kind to me and funny. She's funny like me, and she used to, like, you know, play little games with me and you know, get on the floor and play scrabble or gatzi or whatever. And she's fifteen years older than me. So she is very sick and she's in the hospital and they're not sure why. But she's going in and out of consciousness, and so they're not really sure why. But she woke up yesterday and she said Gertrude, Hey, Gertrude, and then she swore in German a little bit, and then she slipped back into unconsciousness. And so my niece texts me she's like, do you know, a Gertrude. My mom was calling me or somebody Gertrude, and I said no, But then it occurred to me, that's what my sister used to call people she thought were stupid. Hey, Gertrude, Hey Gertrude, Hey Gertrude, get off your ass, Gertrude, Hey Gertrude, hurry up, Gertrude. Oh now that's kind of like, you know, it was funny. Yeah, and I'm like, oh, I know what it is. She was being funny and she was calling you Gertrude because you were annoying her. I don't know why, but I just thought was Sarah. Sarah is another name she would call people that she thought were stupid. We had a cousin named Terry. Terry was a boy and she didn't like Terry, so she called him Sarah.
Speaker 10: You know, it.
Speaker 2: Was before my time, but like Terry was six and she was seven, and she would call him Sarah. My name is Terry because my sister was a smart ass. Part of the genetics that went down to me, Thank you very much, Gorude. So I started calling you guys, Gertrude, Gertrude some fun in Gertrude.
Speaker 11: That in your sister's I guess subconscious that she remembers that that.
Speaker 2: Like she used to say that. However, many years isn't that weird? Yeah, I mean years ago when she was like ten or fifteen or no years old. So anyway, life sometimes throws you a lot of stuff. And and then I went for an MRI. I got the MRI the other day. And then I've torn a ligam in my shoulder, and I have no idea how I tore you ligaman in my shoulder lig gument in my shoulder, and I probably have to get shoulder surgery lift.
Speaker 18: And you've been doing getting swollen the gym. You know, I almost thinking he sneeze too hard or something. You know what, I can't say that, do you? How many people have sneezed and then got a hernia? Really, he had a friend who was brushing his teeth. Wouldn't it spit out the toothpaste? He got a hernia.
Speaker 2: It's true, felt something pop in his belly, and hernia surgery from spitting up toothpaste, not a hernia.
Speaker 11: I read something the other day that people that cracked their necks. Because I'm so guilty of it, somebody cracked their neck and then had a uh spinal seizure, spinal something, and it was so bad and I was like, what.
Speaker 2: You crack your neck? Oh? I can't side. Yeah, like that Bot.
Speaker 16: Loves to pack bones and he knows not to do it around me because it crash.
Speaker 9: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't even.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I just cracked on my fingers like during the songs.
Speaker 2: I can't do it. Then Carsion does that too. He'll take his fingers and he'll pull each fingers straight out and go, no, I have to get too.
Speaker 9: I get too nervous because I'm just like, okay, I'm pulling it.
Speaker 2: There's a trick I can do that. I'll show you that. It sounds like I'm cracking my knuckle. You want to hear it?
Speaker 14: No, oh, what is a snap? You're snapping? Yeah, you're snapping. That's what you're doing. I'm trying to It's like a cork popping. But if you look, I can really play it up. And if you're watching it on the live stream Dave Ryan Show on YouTube, then it.
Speaker 2: Looks like you just really played up. You go Day Ryan TV and people are like, can you do the thing where you make your armpit fart. I could if I had my shirt off and nobody ask that. I want to hear it. I don't want to see it.
Speaker 14: Well, close your eyes, definitely don't want to smell it. I want to hear it. I really can I pass on that one.
Speaker 2: I really don't want to take my shirt off. Well, it just feels awful. It's okay, it feels I'm not just pale. I'm pink, so I mean pink with giant pores. So you and and some of them are broken out together. Poor is bloody, bloody. So if you think of you're wearing white, we've heard enough. Leave your shirt off, enough pink, large pores. Every other one is bloody every other Let's do the dirt on Katie w B.
Speaker 4: Let's see what TV show or movie they're getting ready to reboot.
Speaker 2: Now it's Dave's dirt on kd w B. I knew that James Vanderbeek was sick, but I don't really follow the story. But he died yesterday. He was only forty eight years old, and he was met Dawson in Dawson's Creek. Wait that huge nighty show. I want you you love him.
Speaker 11: Like I love you The difference is he loves you back the same way and you deserve that.
Speaker 2: I never watched Dawson's Creek, but I definitely remember. It's kind of like I don't watch Love Is Blind, but you realize what an enormous thing it was. Yeah, and so rip James Vanderbeek.
Speaker 9: The last thing that he did, apparently is the new Legally Blonde like prequel, which isn't even out yet. So he's playing like the Superintendent in l which hasn't come out yet, and so we'll still see him posthumously in that show.
Speaker 11: I'm not as familiar, but I didn't realize how many mainstream things he was in.
Speaker 2: He was in.
Speaker 11: How I mentioned mother scary movie One Tree Hill. So many people watch One Tree Hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 16: He wasn't a main character in Hill. I think he just made some cameo moments in there. But yeah, I mean I remember him as Dawson.
Speaker 9: Yeah, regular guy was sad because I think he was in something like Varsity Blues or something, right, Yeah, yeah, and then he tried to give me like an entire rundown of the movie yesterday.
Speaker 16: I was like, uh huh, So I don't really feel bad for him. But Sam Donald, who is the Seattle Seahawks quarterback, he's going to be paying more in taxes for playing in the Super Bowl than he did just from playing. Because each player makes one hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars for playing in the Super Bowl. The winning team. The losing team makes one hundred and three dollars. Each player does thousand. I'm sorry, sorry, sorry, yes, thousand, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's how you get.
Speaker 16: But the reason that Sam Donald is losing money is because in California there's a jock tax, and apparently there's an additional tax on out of state players based on how many duty days they spend in the state for a game. So in Sam's case, he'll be charged for at least eight days based on his one hundred and five million dollar three year contract, plus a two point five million bonus for winning at all, he'll pay two hundred thousand and two hundred and fifty thousand to the state for taxes. So that one hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars that he won for winning the Super Bowl, he's basically paying it in taxes.
Speaker 2: Do I feel bad?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: He still has a contract for one hundred and five million dollars, one hundred five millillion dollars, but like a five year contract. Probably that was a three year one. Three years for one hundred and five million. Wow. Jeene Simmons is cranky.
Speaker 9: He thinks rap should not be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He says the fact that Iron Maiden is not in the hall when they can sell out stadiums and Grand Master flashes Ice Cube and I had a back and forth. He's a bright guy, and I respect what he's done. It just doesn't speak my language. And he wants to know when Led Zeppelin is going to be in the Hip Hop Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can't do that. He's just cranky about it. I don't see what the big deal is. Why is it hurting you, Jean Simmons, This is this is the thing all when they came up with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it was kind of all encompassing. It's like a music it's meant to be more of a music Hall of Fame, because nobody you really uses the term rock and roll anymore. Nobody says, yeah, listen to KB there the rock and roll station. It's just kind of like the all encompassing thing. So I get what he's saying, but I also it's like I want to go to the rock and Roll Hall of Fame sometimes. Yeah, I've been to the NFL Hall of Fame Football Hall of Fame. That is boring. It's like, Oh, here's a bust of John Elway. That's great. It's a look at that. Huh, that's a bust at John Elway. I've been to the Coca Cola factory. That was fascinating that down in Atlanta. Yeah, it's great. I've been to the M and M store at Mall of America, Crayola experience. I've been at the Jelly Belly factory to shut up that.
Speaker 18: Yes, eat a lot of where you've been, Jenny, your mom's house, My mom's house.
Speaker 2: Between her and I.
Speaker 11: That she would want somebody particular to play her in a biopick.
Speaker 2: You won't guess who who would play me? A tiny mouse with subtitles the whole time. I would like that.
Speaker 5: Actually, it would be a tiny, beautiful short film with mice reenacting my whole life, with little, tiny subtitles at the bottom.
Speaker 2: That's the only version of it that I'm interested in.
Speaker 11: When I reput her on this yesterday, I was like what But then Bailey was like, oh, it's a joke. And now hearing her say and I'm like, okay, this is necessarily a joke.
Speaker 2: Actually sounds lucid. No, she's not. If you saw her in the interviews with that BiVO, she was not lucid. They were like too absorbed in each other's atmosphere. It was just weird. They just looking up like helicopter. Oh so weird. Yeah, this is okay. Lindsey Vaughan at the Olympics, you know that she caught a gate with her arm and then wiped her out and she's out of the Olympics. But for Throwback Thursday, let's revisit two thousand and seven. A French skiers competing in a World Cup race and took a gate to the nuts. Yeah, to the nuts. So he skis over a gate boom right in the boys, the left one and the right one, bouncing back and forth like a pinball machine. But this happened at the last Olympics too. Somebody's nuts got stuck on something and so this is a basically you'll hear his pain immediately and the commentator can't stop replaying it. And of course we got a clip for you. Here we go.
Speaker 17: Yes, oh, the game to the groin for Yanni Bartron and you could hear it and if you're a man, you could feel it. Oh, missie, the boys took a beating on that one.
Speaker 2: Boys took a beating on that.
Speaker 9: One, screaming. That was terrifying. That's like that played scream that they play in movies.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh.
Speaker 16: Well, speaking of Olympics, Sophia kirkb she is a women's double luge competitor, so she is what she deems the most eligible bacheorette.
Speaker 2: In the Olympics basis is proclaimed. Yes, oh yes, self proclaimed.
Speaker 16: So she competed obviously with the women's double luge, and she said her schedule opens following the team relay today and the athletes are ready to have some flawn, especially once they're done competing.
Speaker 2: And now she heard there's a lot of hookups. Yeah, I mean, it's all these beautiful athletic people that are now done with the most stressful thing in their life. Let's go celebrate.
Speaker 16: Well exactly, she did post on Instagram last weekend as saying, the only question is did I just walk with my future Vattalentine when she was walking in the opening ceremony. So now there's a ton of people in her dms and I'm about to start following her because she said she promises to show them behind the scenes of everything.
Speaker 19: Going down ready the scenes, I don't know, the village behind the scenes sounds cool, which like, I feel like we've seen videos of those before and I remember I don't remember which Olympics it was, but it was like cardboard boxes.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that the Olympians were staying on. Seems a little bit nicer this year from what I've said. Okay, good Uh.
Speaker 9: Donna Kelsey has made a rare comment about Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift's upcoming wedding. They asked her about if she was excited for the mother son dance, and she said, oh, I'm sure it will be interesting, but I have some thinking to do when it comes to the song that me and Travis will dance to. Apparently at Jason Kelsey's wedding they dance to Love Shack Okay by the B fifty two's.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting choice.
Speaker 9: And they asked if they if she had to sign an NDA in relationship to that wedding, and she said, no, they know I can keep a secret.
Speaker 11: So apparently if you go to Ace Hardware, and these are select locations, not every single Ace Hardware, they're selling frozen pies and apparently they're really good.
Speaker 2: Here's a TikToker trying the strawberry rubarb one they sell pie at Ace Hardware.
Speaker 20: It's like the autos and seafood boil, but even better. BlackBerry apricot, BlackBerry blueberry.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go strawberry rubarb.
Speaker 20: I'll do it without whipped com first, Paltte cleansed, perfect bite.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, no way.
Speaker 20: I've had many a strawberry rubar pie in my life, and this one has a perfect amount of tang and the texture is almost like pudding.
Speaker 2: I'm not a loss for words.
Speaker 20: Is probably one of the best pots I've had. Go to Ace Hardware, I guess, and get your pie, but.
Speaker 2: Go try one. What's the reason, though.
Speaker 16: Because like when trending on TikTok and now everyone's like, I gotta try it, But why.
Speaker 11: Are they selling pie? Like you're not gonna go to Home Depot for a milkshake?
Speaker 2: Question food boil at AutoZone that's exactly what he said. And maybe he's making like this is just as odd as a seafood boil at AutoZone. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 9: I always feel like if they have like food, any kind of like grocery at like an ace hardware or like a Minards or something, it's just so that when the men go to like buy the lumber and they're like, oh, you know what, I need a box of cereal, it's right there.
Speaker 2: So maybe they need a pie. Maybe they need just need a pie. Maybe last story Teams he reported got another third ransom note, now regarding the disappearance of Savanna Got's eighty four year old mother, Nancy. This one promises to divulge the identity of the kidnapper if the family pays one bitcoin for context. One bitcoin's worth about sixty six thousand dollars. According to TMZ. The note does not appear to be from her captor. The note reach quote if they want the name of the individual involved, then I want one bitcoin to the following wallet time is more than relevant. It includes a real bitcoin address, and it's different from the one used in the original ransom note. I just hate all this. I mean, I remember like it was almost one hundred years ago that Charles Lindberg's son was kidnapped, and there were so many fraudulent people that would come forward and say, oh, I know the secret, I know who did it. If you send me, you know, twenty five thousand dollars, I'll tell you who it was. Yeah. So, same kind of thing happening, history repeating itself one hundred years later,