Speaker 1: Every morning starting at seven am. Just search Dave Ryan TV.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it is very cold outside. You haven't been outside. It's minus nine right now, So don't leave your dog outside for too long, and don't leave your kids out of the bus stop for too long, or yourself or yourself outside and just very cold today. But it's gonna warm up to a high of thirteen today. If you're first winter in Minnesota, you're like, oh God, I'm going back to Austin. This is a mystake. This is terrible.
Speaker 3: I walk outside to walk my puppy and my nose just got so dry, like as soon as I open the door because how cold.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I feel bad for you because you have to walk little Ava. I just put Bernie outside on a little tie down and he like runs around and he is when it's done. When he's done, he's ready to come back in to day.
Speaker 3: We get a house or just something with a backyard. God thank you.
Speaker 2: That is when you've got a dog that you got to walk, it's like you are on their time and it's like they're walking around sniff, sniff, snifs Sniff's like, come on, hurry up and go.
Speaker 1: We do Christmas Wish every somebody who just has to asked.
Speaker 2: A little while ago, they said, how long is kt ably to Bee been doing Christmas Wish? And I said since the mid nineties. I don't remember exactly, but I want to say it started in ninety three. And so we are now thirty three years deep into Christmas Wish and we are trying to raise money. So we're trying different clever things to raise money. And yesterday we did I raised like two hundred dollars by doing cameos, and that was a little That's kind of a drop in the bucket, honestly, because each wish can cost anywhere from two thousand to like five thousand dollars. And we do a bunch of wishes, and we get a lot of help from Treasure Island, and we get a lot of help from holiday station stores. But we said, let's try something else. Let's do a Dave Ryan garage sale. So each of us brought in something and you can look on YouTube right now when we will hold these up to the camera. Go to YouTube Dave Ryan Show. And if you can't do that, I know you've got stuff going on, or maybe you're driving. We will later put pictures of the items that we are selling online. Then you will go on bid on these. And the way it's going to work is you will basically, how are we going to do this, Jenny, I we hain't thought all this all the way through.
Speaker 4: Well, we're going to have you call in and bid, Okay, So.
Speaker 2: You'll call in and say got it? Okay, yes, Like I'm bidding twenty five dollars on Bailey's item. And if you're the winning bid by eight o'clock, let's say, then you will go pay for it with your credit card on ktw dot com slash wish, take a picture of the receipt with the receipt page, and then you'll text it into us and we will get you your item fair enough.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think that works.
Speaker 2: Okay. I have two items. Oh one of them is weird, but I think we might get some bids on this one. Now I'm gonna start with the other one because that one's too weird. Okay. The first one is a coin that's the size of a small pancake the size of a flat tennis ball from KTWB thirty five Years of Broadcast Excellence nineteen fifty nine to nineteen ninety four, and they gave these out with a little black velvet bag to the staff in nineteen ninety four, and for some reason I ended up with two of them. So I will put this up for bids starting at twenty five dollars. And on the back it's got the very long mission statement. We are the employees of KTW be very proud of the radio station. Blie bl blie blah bla.
Speaker 4: We have a mission statement.
Speaker 2: We used to that we have one.
Speaker 1: Now what is it.
Speaker 2: Top dog law?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that dog law.
Speaker 2: That's our mission statement now. But so that is what I'm going to bid this for twenty five dollars. But I'm going to throw in now, this is the weird one and it doesn't really fit in with a Christmas happy theme, but it is a stone removed from the original fireplace where Sharon Tate was killed by the Manson family in nineteen sixty nine. So I have a little tiny stone about the size of a lima bean. She was killed by the Manson family in front of this fireplace in nineteen sixty nine. A guy who runs this morbid death tour in Hollywood to the site when they were destroying the house and he picked up several souvenir stones from the fireplace. He sold them souvenir stace. So we went on the tour and he gave me one for free. So this stone right here is a witness to the murder of Sharon Tate. Now I know that's morbid and I know it's horrible. I don't want it anymore. Yeah, So there are my two items. This bid starts at twenty five dollars, so you will then text in and say this is Daryl from Edan Prairie. I'm bidding twenty five dollars, and then we'll lenn owt So, Jenny, what is your item?
Speaker 4: Mine is decor for your house. So one is like a set of three, and I am going to do mine all just together because I think it's going to be easier. But basically it's got some pink and gold and orange hues to it. And I'm kind of showing this on the live stream because there's three of them, but it has different designs. One's a face I thing, and.
Speaker 2: These are about one foot fire about eighteen inches by and they're in they're big.
Speaker 4: They're in some frames already, so it is framed and everything but yeah, so a set of three and then another one that has like this old Victorian woman on it and it says underestimate me. That'll be fun. And that is also in a frame. However, I did break the glass part of it.
Speaker 1: This morning walking in lobby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I dropped it when I was walking in and so that part is gone. But there you go. I will start the bidding for three sets and then plus the other one for twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so the minimum bid. If you want to bid on any of these, we'll put these pictures up online on Instagram so you can see them and examine them more closely than. When you're ready to bid, you just text in your name along with how much you want to bit and be serious because this is for Christmas. Wish. We're dinking around here, and then you bid at KDWB one Bailey.
Speaker 5: Yes, so I have right now? A Wei? Is this Nintendo? Is it a week?
Speaker 2: Nintendo week?
Speaker 1: I have a Nintendo Wii.
Speaker 5: And then a we fit board, the kind that you know, you stand on and you do the little sports.
Speaker 2: Case surfing and skating and all the different things. Yeah, it's actually really cool.
Speaker 1: I let's see I know.
Speaker 5: I have the console over there, and I have two of the little hand hand thingies that you use. What they called it, the dunch Chucks, Yeah, the nun Chucks. And then the we fit board.
Speaker 2: You have the cables.
Speaker 5: I have a bunch of cables in a bag, and I assume they're they're all connected.
Speaker 2: I'll take a week.
Speaker 1: I'll take a look and make sure they're I assume.
Speaker 2: So you get an old Wii, I have an old Wi.
Speaker 5: Old.
Speaker 1: Somebody did say, how old is that?
Speaker 2: It's a great question, goes back to about two thousand and five ish two.
Speaker 1: Thousand and five about that.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I bought it in like two thousand and I don't know, twelve or something like that. So if you would like my Nintendo Wei plus the we fit board, you can have that.
Speaker 1: Starting bid twenty five dollars. Okay, Jenny, how much did you bid?
Speaker 5: Four?
Speaker 4: I did mine twenty five, but I feel like Bailey's could start higher.
Speaker 2: I let's start them all with. Okay, let's start them even if people want it, they'll bid fifty okay.
Speaker 3: So, and my bid is it's this fresh pair of vans that I've never worn that I got a year and a half ago.
Speaker 1: Quick story.
Speaker 3: I we did an event at All of America and Paul Russell, the guy that sings You'm a Little boot Dang, we did an event with him and I got a pair of these signed by him, and I don't ever want to wear them, so I bought these. These are not the sign ones, Oh, but I bought these because I was like, I want to wear these are actually cool?
Speaker 1: Haven't ever worn them?
Speaker 2: What the size are they?
Speaker 3: These are nine and a half in men's eleven and women's okay, and they're like waring them? Never the literally they're beautiful. Yeah, okay, starting bids twenty five bucks. So what we're gonna do is gonna take your bids. So what again?
Speaker 2: We can describe them over and over and gets a little bit lengthy, but if you see the pictures on Instagram, we're gonna get them out there pretty soon. But if you want to bid open that, remember it's for Christmas wish, so be generous. You will actually be the owner of the piece of brick from the fireplace where Sharon Tate was murdered. A KDWB giant coin with our mission statement. Jenny's wall hangings the Core House core.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine is a wee and a we fit board.
Speaker 3: And mine is this untouched pair of vans. They're like teal and white sneakers.
Speaker 2: Van or you've got the best one font and you seriously got the best one. Yeah, want to be Everything starts at twenty five dollars. Somebody who's already Elizabeth from Minneapolis bidding on the kd but coin for forty dollars. So does your thing have any games that come with it? Bailey?
Speaker 1: Maybe so it had.
Speaker 5: I had a bunch of games in the bag, but the games they're actually for PS four. Oh I guess I have one of those two. So yes, I'll take a look. Okay, I don't know. I'm just a baby.
Speaker 1: And what are we choosing? Like the what are we closing the bid?
Speaker 2: Eight o'clock. Let's try eight o'clock unless the bid is too low, but let's say eight o'clock to be fair to everybody. So we'll come back in a second. Check the bids next on KDWB. If you want to bid on any of those texas, what you want to bid on, your name and how much you're bidding, And it all goes to Christ doing something really weird. But we're doing anything to raise money for Christmas Wish. We're trying to have a little fun. At the same time, we are doing the Dave Ryan Show garage sale. Now. I wish we could have a real garage sale. We'd like, you know, by the foot of the Space Eagle studio. We'd bring all of our crap out and stick it on a table that we borrowed and and then but it's cold out, so we're doing it here on the radio. Now. You can see these items on Dave Ryan Show on Instagram and Facebook and on faceboe book, and you can see them on the live stream video YouTube Dave Ryan TV. So each of us has an item. Let's start off with the bid right now, live on the phone. I believe Germaine is up first. Germaine, is that you?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 2: I'm here, Jermaine. What are you bidding on for the Dave Ryan garage sale for Christmas Wish?
Speaker 1: I am bidding on the box fans.
Speaker 3: They're untouched white and teal Vans low tops and I got these like a year and a half ago, never wore them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you are what are you bidding? Keep your radio on, Jermaine, because the bids will they have to go up in increments of let's make it ten dollars, so instead of like a dollar a dollar, they've got to go up increments of at least ten dollars. So be here by eight o'clock and you might have to get into a little bidding more. But Jermaine, good luck, and thank you for supporting Christmas wish.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: My friends and the.
Speaker 3: Vands are in men's size nine and a half women's eleven. Just to gets you're curious, I want to make a bid, all.
Speaker 2: Right, another bid. We've got somebody on the phone, and Matthew is on the phone. Matthew, what are you bidding on for Christmas wish? Matthew the Wei? Why do you want an old WI? Matthew.
Speaker 1: We have a game room and we love old game systems.
Speaker 2: I love that. I checked it out. It all seems it seems to have all the sensors and connectors and it's got the we fit. But there are no games with it. But there's a great used game store in Eaton Prairie Center that has every game all the way back to Commodore sixty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you can buy.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna try and plug it in because there might be a game like stuck in there, not stuck, but you know, already in.
Speaker 2: There, already inserted.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I used to maybe four times total.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on one second, Matthew math yeah, Matthew, Yeah, sorry, Matthew. What is your bid on the.
Speaker 5: Wei fabulous seventy?
Speaker 2: So all of this money goes to Christmas Wish? And remember be generous because even if you took this thing and donated it, you're still donating money Christmas Wish. I think mine right now, I've got fifty dollars on the Sharon's Tate fireplace stone. And if you didn't hear it, it is a stone from the fireplace next to which Sharon Tate was murdered by the Manson family. I just want to get rid of it. I don't care about it anymore. But it's a stone about the size of a marble, and I'll hold it up the camera. You can see all of this on Dave Ryan's show on Instagram. And then I have a KTWB anniversary coin about the size of a flattened apple that we'd all got in nineteen ninety four. I have two of them. One of them can be yours of this amazing radio phase.
Speaker 5: So right now, the top bid for the wei is seventy five dollars, The top bed for shoes is one hundred, the top bed for the coin is forty, and the top bid for the stone is fifty. So oh fifty, yeah, fifty from Amanda. The coin is a forty from Elizabeth. And then we just talked to Matthew and Jermaine and then bring my bid.
Speaker 4: Down or something, because nobody's bid it on myself.
Speaker 2: You brought in stuff that people donate, Jenny. You brought in things that people want to get rid of off face marketplay exactly. Somebody else wanted to get rid of it, and now you want to get rid of it.
Speaker 6: Well, I like it.
Speaker 4: It doesn't fit my decor anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't know another bid for the week.
Speaker 2: What's our bid for the week.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Hundred dollars. Now, the way we do this, please be serious, don't scam us out of like just to be funny, because that's it's for Christmas wish. So at eight o'clock we will announce all the winners of the bids. We will write we've got your phone numbers, so we will then text or call you and say hey, you won. But then you to get your item. You got to go online and we'll give you instructions on how to pay, and you've got to take a screenshot of the receipt and then we will get your item to you. We can probably mail it over to you. So somebody else on the.
Speaker 4: Phone, oh, I think top or bottom line?
Speaker 2: Line? One line? Okay, hold on one second, and that is going to be Allison. Hi, Alison, it's the Dave Ryan Show garage sale. It's a janky way to raise money for Christmas wish, but it's kind of fun and different. What are you bidding for?
Speaker 3: Actually, it's a beautiful way.
Speaker 4: My dad used to work at radio and they have auctions all the time.
Speaker 2: I love that. Where did your dad work?
Speaker 7: So you worked at hot Rod Radio in Long Prairie?
Speaker 2: I love it. That is so cool. What are you bidding on? And for?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 7: On Bailey's we.
Speaker 2: And I will go to one twenty.
Speaker 1: Okay, there it is, okay, so Matthew Allison. Okay, great Allison.
Speaker 2: Keep listening. Allison. We'll get ahold of you if you need to make the bid. Thank you very much if you need to make the payment. Kelly is on the phone. Hi, Kelly, what are you bidding on?
Speaker 3: I am bidding on the Sharon Tate fireplace stone.
Speaker 2: It is a stone from next to the fireplace where Sharon Tate was murdered by the Manson family. It's horrible. It is yours for How much are you bidding sixty dollars? Sixty dollars? Okay, so be here at eight o'clock and we will let you know whether you want or not. Okay.
Speaker 4: We got to keep these people on hold to get their information.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so when she's gone already, okay, so that's right.
Speaker 5: I will say if you're texting in for anything, you need to put your name in please, because if you're saying, like one hundred and twenty five for the Wii, okay, what's your name?
Speaker 1: But now the weil looks like it's gone up to one thirty five.
Speaker 2: Ye oh wow.
Speaker 5: I thought this was going to I thought everyone was going to make fun of me for wanting to get rid of my Wii. But it's for charity, so yeah, this is someone else said seventy five dollars for the stone.
Speaker 1: I don't know their name.
Speaker 2: Somebody just said, yeah, here's one hundred dollars for the stone. Wow, here's one hundred and fifty dollars for the Wii from Raina. So we're actually doing really well. Jenny, somebody bid thirty dollars on your.
Speaker 4: Lay ass pictures, Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: Ugly ass pictures looked for nineteen ninety four, and Jenny's like trying to get rid of them.
Speaker 4: Oh, dare you what happens? An old Victorian lady? And the other one is a pretty like standard I don't know style of decor.
Speaker 2: I feel like, okay, check them out and then place your bid. I know it's weird, but it's a different, fun way to raise my for Christmas wish, which we will do in just a few minutes live as it happens on KD Dave Ryan Show one on one point three kd WB. All right in the dirt. We got a couple of things. First of all, the Chucky Cheese Christmas Special is free on YouTube. You didn't even know there was a Chucky Cheese Christmas Special, but it's free on YouTube. Christmas Spirit really is alive and well, after all, of course it is Santa.
Speaker 1: What would we do without Christmas?
Speaker 5: What we do Christmas?
Speaker 2: I mean, why not? Okay, will it be a big hit? Probably not, But it's a cute idea and it's free.
Speaker 4: Weimo is the new like self driving car that you can get like an uber, but there's nobody literally driving the car. It just drives itself. And recently a Weimo drove into a police standoff in La here's a clip of it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god, what we doing.
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: And by the way, Weimo is coming to Minneapolis in like the next few months. I've seen like some test driving happening with that. You couldn't pay me to get into one of those cars.
Speaker 1: Absolute agree, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. There needs to be way more like features or something and tests done before you get me in one of those.
Speaker 5: Especially if it drives into a like a shootout, shoot right exactly. Sabrina Carpenter is finally talking about the cover for her Man's Best Friend album that had a lot of backlash. She said that it's got a deeper meaning than people think. It's about how people try to control women, how I felt emotionally yanked around by relationships that I had, how much power you're allowing yourself to give them and if you're not familiar, she's essentially like on the floor and she's her hair is being held by some guy and that's the cover a lot of backlash.
Speaker 3: But she says yeah deeper, meaning okay, Miiley Cyrus is engaged now and it was a roomor for like a day.
Speaker 1: Then she confirmed it. Here's some of the details.
Speaker 7: I am not easy to surprise because I love to control every situation and I had completely surrendered and I'm telling you, I was so so surprised.
Speaker 3: Also, mit least, Cyrus said in an interview that she is planning something for Hannah Montana's twentieth anniversary that comes I think January.
Speaker 1: So she said something's in the works, and I'm hoping it's a tour.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it could be, but if she went on touristing a best of both worlds will be fire.
Speaker 2: Wow. That is kind of cool, all right. Chloe Kardashian admits that well. She says that when she drinks vodka.
Speaker 8: And I do not go hand in hand, but I could have a glass, but I'm very aggressive on vodka. Kendall will also confirm, oh my god, I've beat Kendall up a few times I've seen.
Speaker 4: I feel like you do learn what kind of alcohol does not sit well with you, because there was a time in my twenties where I cried a lot because I was drunk, and I do believe it was because of vodka. So at least she at least she knows. Yes, I mean, I don't know. I don't know how that works, but I do think certain alcohol vibe with people.
Speaker 2: It just makes me sleepy, that's all. It's just like me, make me warm and sleepy. I don't get loud, obnoxious, violence, stupid. I'm just like daw. I'll just shink deeper into the couch over here.
Speaker 4: I get loud and obnoxious until I hit the wall, and then I'm that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then I'm ready to go out. Jenny.
Speaker 4: My friend sent me a meme the other day of a girl being like, if I tell you that I'm just getting a little tipsy, I'm already blackout drunk. And my friend's like, this reminds me of you, Jenny, because I used to tell my friends I'm not drunk, I'm not drunk, and they would believe me, and I would be so drunk and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like why did you believe me?
Speaker 4: Anyways, moving on to let you guys, I know that Dave loves Ruba Mackinsire so much so I really wanted to play this little clip of her because she performed at christmasen rock Off when they lit the tree up. Yes, I think it was, guys, right all you don't.
Speaker 5: Hear the master.
Speaker 1: Run run off right? Not Pat you far.
Speaker 3: Run rude.
Speaker 1: Shanda's got an.
Speaker 4: I gotta say, Christmas country songs are not it for me.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I listen to cool One Way to love them, but when a Christmas country song comes on, I gotta turn it off. I need the old classics or like Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by Insan.
Speaker 1: I love Merry Christmas, Habbit Holidays. It's so good.
Speaker 5: Forbes published a thirty under thirty list, and I'll tell you about some of the people you might know.
Speaker 1: Actually, Alex Warren is only twenty five. Who knew it? Didn't know that Doci is twenty seven.
Speaker 5: Even Rebecca Freaking Black Friday Friday Friday, she's twenty seven and she's.
Speaker 2: In the Forbes Singers Under thirty list.
Speaker 5: Well, she's just under the Forbes thirty under thirty, not just singers.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like, all what I mean, I love her, but what has she done to be on the list? Anybody knows.
Speaker 5: I think she's kind of like a pretty big deal in like influencer life, Like she's got a big following on social media. I mean I follow her. I think she's interesting. Like Benson Boone's on the list as well. There's a lot of athletes, a lot of actors that Dave, you wouldn't know, so I'm not even gonna tell you who they are.
Speaker 2: But fair enough, fair enough, Okay, Well, let's get an update on the bids now, because if you haven't heard, we're doing the Dave Ryan Show Garage Sale to benefit Katibb's Christmas Wish, and we've all brought in some unusual items that we are selling. All of the money goes to Christmas Wish, so be generous when you bid. The items are visible online on Facebook, Dave Ryan Show, Instagram, Dave Ryan Show. They include a katwb mission statement coin from nineteen ninety four. I've got two of them. I don't want the second one. It's big, it's sizeable, it's hefty. It's a cool souvenir. If your favorite radio station comes in a black velvet bag. And I've also got an unusual item. It is a stone from the fireplace near which Sharon, Sharon Tate was murdered in by the Manson family. So it's a little tiny stone about the size of a marble, and it is a witness to the murder of Sharon Tate.
Speaker 5: And I have an update on everyone's bids here. We have a bid on everyone's things, which is great. For the stone that you just mentioned, we have the highest bid right now is one hundred and twenty dollars from Danny Okay for the coin. The highest bid right now is one hundred dollars from Katrina Okay. For Jenny's art, we have the highest bid right now is fifty dollars from Katie Vaant's shoes, the highest bid is one hundred and fifty dollars for I think it's Crean is the name, And then for my Nintendo Wii, the highest bid right now is two hundred to Jamie. So two hundred for the Wei, one fifty for the shoes, fifty for the art, one hundred for the coin, and one hundred and twenty for the stone. And so if you want to make a bid you still can, I'll be tracking it. I am eBay and just when he text today to five three nine two one, make sure you say how much you're bedding and have your name as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then we will close the bids at about eight o'clock or so don't hold us to that. We're really bad at schedules and being on time, but right around eight o'clock, so listen and you'll get an update on your bid here on KTWB for the Dave Ryan Show garage sale, and thanks for helping us out, and we'll do another wish in here in just a couple of seconds on kd double UB. People keep asking did you post photos of the items online anywhere? Yes, they are on Dave Ryan Show on Instagram and they are on Dave Ryan Show on Facebook, so go check those out. Let's get right into a Christmas wish on kd WB. Time for another Dave Ryan Show Christmas Wish. We do this every morning during the Christmas season on KDWB, So let's get started right now with Christmas wish. In studio is Melissa, Uh hi, Melissa, ight just pull the microphone right up to your your mouth over there, really really really really close. That's even closer, even closer. Hi, Melissa, good morning. If we don't if we don't get you close enough, then it sounds like you're talking on the moon. Melissa. Thanks for coming in for a Christmas wish. Melissa just walked into the studio a little while ago and without any real introduction, I'm Dave. Good to meet you, good to meet you. Hey girl, have you been listening to kat WB for a long time? My whole your whole life? Did you used to sit on the floor of your bedroom and do homework and call in to request Rick Springfield and things like that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Not that long, not that long, Okay, good new kids on the block, New kids on the block.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, look at you.
Speaker 6: And I used to do the record play record play when we had to, you know, put tape over our plank taps.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, yes, Well I'm glad you are here, even under these kind of different circumstances. You know someone named Bethany and John. How do you know Bethany and John, the people who are getting the wish today?
Speaker 6: So, Bethany was my roommate in college. We were in a sorority. We lived in a quad in the back of our house, and we shared a bunk.
Speaker 2: Okay, you shared so you knew each other. You've gone to the table for a very long.
Speaker 6: Time yep, since we were nineteen okay, so twenty five years okay, wow.
Speaker 2: And they've had some unfortunate things happen in their life. Then you right away thought of them for a Christmas wish.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, I've been working with her sister together, we kind of put stuff together.
Speaker 2: Well, we've been working with a guy named Brandon. Brandon is a guy that works for College Muscle Movers. Brandon, how are you this morning? I'm doing pretty well. Brandon. You want to buy a Katie wob challenge coin and donate to Christmas Wish? Maybe it sounds like a note, sounds like a no of a like notes? Brandon. Thanks, You're doing enough. Thanks for helping out with Christmas Wish. Brandon's doing the delivery. If you want to find out how they can help move you. College Musclemovers dot Com. Brandon delivers the wish live. You are stationed outside of the home of Bethany and John right now. Any sign of life in the home? Oh yeah, okay, oh yeah, okay, okay, good stand by because we might need you. We're going to get Mascara alert. We're gonna call Bethanie and John right now live on KTWB for Christmas Wish. How did you get them to answer the phone from an unknown number? Melissa?
Speaker 1: Her sister is there.
Speaker 2: Oh, so she's in on the whole thing, right, so she's gonna Okay, gotcha, Okay, call him right now live on KATWB. Hi is this Bethany, Bethany, It's Dave Ryan over at KDWB Radio. Good morning, How are you good? Kind of a weird thing to happen this early in the morning. Who's calling this early in the morning. I'm glad you answered the phone. We do something every year here on Katy WDB called Christmas Wish, and I have in the studio Melissa. This is say Hi Melissa, so she knows it's you, hidy Hi. Would you have any idea what we would be calling for? Oh, let's get started, because I want to just tell you that she wrote in about you and your family, and she wrote us a letter, and we're gonna have her read part of that letter here on KATWB. If you've got a minute, okay, sure, Okay, here we go. Bethany Melissa, whenever you're ready.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try, Besidy.
Speaker 2: It's okay. Sometimes we get emotional, It's okay, you.
Speaker 6: Already threw me off a little, okay. The Kaplainers embody true selflessness. It reminds you of sincere goodness in the world. I met Bethany when we shared a bunk in the back clot of our sorority when we were just nineteen years old, and throughout the past twenty five years we've shared our major life events despite any challenge. As Bethany herself is endured, she's always made others a priority. Just one example, as Bethany and John experienced a long and trying journey with IVF, Bethany continued to wholeheart of these celebrate the birth of nieces, nephews, and friends children until they were blessed with their own two boys. Where it would have been easy to turn inward with frustration or bitterness, the Kaplingers took every opportunity to share their genuine joy for others around them. Bethany and her family spent many holidays at the Ronald MacDonald's house with their nephew, who was born with a serious heart condition. Tyler passed away at only fifteen years old, and rather than letting the grief overcome them, the Kaplingers found a way to get back and relieve the burden of other families going through the same situation. Together, they have collected thousands of pounds of pop tabs for the foundation. While never seeking any sort of personal recognition, the Kaplinger family is always helping others, making sure they feel seen and supported, even while facing their own hardships. Two years ago, Bethany underwent a major spinal surgery to correct scoliosis, and her recovery was tough. Earlier this year, just when she was finally starting to feel better, the family received another devastating blow. Following a clear mammogram just six months earlier, Bethany was shocked to receive a diagnosis of stage four breast cancer. The cancer had already metastasized into her neck and bones, and Bethany immediately began chemotherapy and radiation while battling insurance approvals and discussing options. Bethany was informed that the terminality of her stage four diagnosis disqualified her from any surgical options at only forty four, and was so much life to live. The fear and uncertainty can only be overwhelming and heartbreaking. Adding to the stress, the family is still grieving the loss of John's dad, who passed less than a year before, compounding their fear of losing Bethany as well. Miraculously, Bethany is currently in remission, but the family continues to grapple with some certainty heavy emotions of financial strait. Bethany is now undergoing a maintenance treatment, but the side effects are unforgiving. Despite everything, Bethany and John never missed a moment to support their loved ones, especially their two teenage boys. As you can imagine, there are good days and they are bad days. Even as Bethany describes the bad days, she does so with unwavering hope, and her focus remains on how others are or will be affected, rather than her own indescribable suffer Make Christmas wish for the cap in your family is to not only release a bit of financial relief, but more importantly, to lift some of the burdens of daily life so they can devote that precious time to one another. I wish for them to have a moment where cancer is not the center of their world and remind them that they too are as cherished as much as they make everyone else feel.
Speaker 2: I think we all know someone like that who is like they're having a tough time, but they always think of other people first and put themselves second. And I'm going to guess also that Luke and Owen thirteen and fifteen, they are your world, Bethany, Yes we are. How are they handling everything, because the job of a thirteen and a fifteen year old is to be annoying and obnoxious and to cause you a lot of grief. But I'm going to guess they're handling it in kind of a different way.
Speaker 1: Yes, definitely, it's been a great support system.
Speaker 2: Oh that must be John in the background. Hi John, John, it is KATIEWB. We're on the air with Christmas Wish and your friend Melissa, and we chose your family to receive a Christmas Wish to let you know that you're loved and supported and I think you said it so well, Melissa, to make it not about health and doctor's appointments and all of those things for a while. So that is our goal to do for your family. So what is Christmas Wish? We help people, but we also want to let them know, Hey, there's love and support even from people that don't know you. So here are some of the things that we have for your family, because it all comes down to a lot of things that are just going to make things a little bit easier. Luke is your third What is Luke into? Bethany bah okay, gotcha? Well we got speaking of football, we get him a two hundred dollars Dix gift card, so that'll be kind of cool. A pair of Nike dunks. We got him a snowboard. Does he ride, Yes, he.
Speaker 3: Does, but he doesn't have a snowboard.
Speaker 2: We got he's got one. Now, he's got one. Now. We got a fifty dollars McDonald's gift card because we understood that if he could eat just one food for the rest of his life, he would have McDonald's. Is that true?
Speaker 1: Pretty much?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: And a Target video our Target gift card for video games. Tell me about Owen? What is Owen into?
Speaker 1: Pretty much the same thing.
Speaker 5: You know, James's clothes.
Speaker 2: Well, if he's into roadblocks, we got one hundred dollars Robocks Rode for roadblocks, a two hundred dollars Dick's gift card, Nike dunks. Does he have the Vikings too?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, we got two Viking sweatshirts. I don't know why Luke doesn't get one, but maybe he'll let Blue. We got a fifty dollars LeAnn Chin gift card because we heard he loves lee and Chin. John, do you if? Do you love the We're got a two hundred dollars David Busters gift cards, So we're hoping that you love David Busters and old video games. You can go out and relax, have a couple of drinks, eat some fattening food, and relax for a while at david Busters. Does that sound good? John?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah. We got a pair of Nike P six thousand shoes. I don't know what that means, but apparently that's a big Is that a big thing? Melissa? Melissa's getting a little emotional over here. We got a two hundred dollars Dix gift card for you, Bethany. I'm so we're just pulling for you, and I hope that there's the best possible outcome considering all the challenges, and we just have a bunch of things for you, starting off with just a lounge wear set one hundred dollars Door Dash gift card, two hundred dollars TJ Max gift card. That's two hundred dollars, one hundred dollars over a cuff foods. I love TJ Max, Yes, Okay, good h one Glamor Nails and spa Manny Petty gift cardet a big old thing of popcorn. Because we heard you love real popcorn. We got a big old thing of popcorn and one hundred dollars Woodhouse Spa gift card thanks to Woodhouse Spa. If you're looking for a gift idea, go to woodhouse spa dot com. Also for the family, we've got a one hundred dollars Broadway Pizza gift card, a free oil change at Valvelene instant oil change if you take the family out to the theater. We got a two hundred dollars Marcus Theater gift card and forty dollars in bonus snack cash, which would be kind of cool. Got some board games to play at home, some just some other cool stuff. And then Holiday Station Stores is giving you this is crazy, you guys. They call it the Gift of Gallons from Holiday Station Stores. A one thousand dollars gift card for gas at Holiday station one thousand dollars. So driving back and forth to kids stuff, adult stuff, doctor's appointments, whatever, you're not going to have to worry about the expensive gas from Holiday for a long time.
Speaker 4: Definitely. And I'm speechless.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You are so welcome. Outside your door is college muscle movers and they've brought by all of these things. They're going to deliver them right now, and we just want to do you see my side? Oh god, yeah, they're they're outside right now. Oh yes, yep, there he is.
Speaker 1: He's there.
Speaker 2: Let him in him. But all those things are are just our way of saying, hey, you are loved, you're supported, you're cared about, you are appreciated, and we just love to help out people like you who always put other people first, even in the dire circumstances that you're in. How are you feeling today, Bethany?
Speaker 5: Okay, I actually want to sleep in because I was feeling a little tired.
Speaker 2: Well sorry, we woke Yeah, sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Wonderful.
Speaker 2: Hey, John, thanks for taking such good care of Bethany and Bethany, thanks for taking such good care of your family. God bless all you. Guys and have the best possible Merry Christmas that you can.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Say goodbye Melissa.
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, I love you.
Speaker 4: Bye Melissa.
Speaker 3: I love you, guys.
Speaker 2: And thanks to everybody who donated who helped out. Broadway Pizza, Valvelene, Instant Oil Change, Treasure Island, the Prairie Island Indian Community. We're gonna do a match day with those guys sometime soon. So when you do a donation, they will do a match Holiday Station Stores, Youth, Lincoln Choice Bank and College Muscle Movers. And that is Christmas Wish.
Speaker 4: Mike is thirty one years old and has five kids.
Speaker 1: Well working one day in July.
Speaker 2: My wow, it was a hard one to keep your act together during Christmas Wish. You just can't even imagine. You know, here's a mom that is very, very, very sick, and I can't even imagine. I'm not trying to bring you down, but you look at your kids and you go, I want to see these kids get married. I want to see them go to college. I want to see them, you know, I want to see their hair turned gray. Oh and you know you might not get to see that in It's one of those things that we all just take for granted that well, of course we'll get to see our kids graduate from college and get married. But it does not always. It's not always in the plans.
Speaker 5: Texas. Thanks Katie W. B for messing my makeup up before work. I love Christmas Wish every year. You guys are such a blessing to the world. I love you guys.
Speaker 2: Well, we're trying to help out more people with Christmas Wish and one of the things we're doing is a little bit odd. It is the Dave Ryan garage Sale. Now we are keeping the bids open for about another ten minutes or so, and we've each brought in an item that we are going to auction off from our own personal collection of stuff. So like Bailey's got a very popular item.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have a Nintendo We with a we fit board. Right now.
Speaker 5: Jamie is in the lead with two hundred dollars. Two hundred dollars wow wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now people are being extra generous because it is for Christmas Wish exactly. Okay.
Speaker 5: Vont has a pair of Vans never been worn shoes nine and a half and those are right now for one hundred and fifty dollars to Korean.
Speaker 1: I believe is how you pronounce their names. Okay, these are fresh sneaker. We can do better than that, soups fresh.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Jenny is selling some artwork.
Speaker 5: She has a fifty dollars bid from Katie, who's in the lead right now. And then Dave has a coin, katiewb coin with a mission statement on the back from like nineteen ninety four, and that is right now selling for one hundred.
Speaker 1: And fifty no kidding, are you serious? One hundred and fifty to Sean.
Speaker 2: And you see the pictures of all this on Facebook Dave Ryan Show or Instagram Dave Ryan Show a picture of everything, yep.
Speaker 5: And then you also have a stone that was a part of the fireplace where Sharon Tate got murdered by the Manson family. It's hard to explain, but that is also one hundred and fifty bed to Tarin Wow as the high bid there.
Speaker 1: So if you.
Speaker 5: Want to bid, you can text us five three, nine two one whatever your bid is, you just have to also.
Speaker 1: Include your name.
Speaker 5: So two hundred for the wei right now to Jamie, one fifty to kree In for the shoes, fifty to Katie for the art, one fifty to Sean for the coin and one fifty to tear In for the stone.
Speaker 2: So if you want to outbid, you text in your name and how much you're bidding on what item, and we'll leave it open for like another ten minutes or so. Fair enough, fair enough, I like it. What else do you guys want to do anything else?
Speaker 1: Gosh? Can we take a nap at lunch or meal?
Speaker 4: Nap? I think we have something fun to give away right now?
Speaker 2: Due are we doing the Disney on Ice tickets? Right now? Are let's do Disney on Ice? You're going to do finish the lyric on Katie WB. I will give you the first part of a Disney song, and then you will give me the second part of this Disney song. And if you can do it, you win tickets for Disney on Ice, which is tonight, one, two, three, four tickets to take you and your spoiled kids get them. You gotta get him one of those flashlights that they're just so enamored with that they play with in the car on the way home and then they never touch again. That is that is your job. Like a Budge light Year flash light or spinny thing there.
Speaker 1: Were so many of those at Disney World. I just got back from there.
Speaker 2: Oh, and kids, you gotta have one as part of childhood. So I'm gonna play the first part of the song you call me six five one nine, and I will give you a pretty easy one. You sing the second line Bailey is going to demonstrate, because Bailey is the Disney girl. You ready, Yes, here we go? Give me the second line in this.
Speaker 3: Your laundry speak again? Like that?
Speaker 5: And so I'll read the books if I've got time to spare.
Speaker 2: Dang it, I give you close enough. What's that from?
Speaker 1: It's a tangled that's Rapunzel.
Speaker 2: Look at you.
Speaker 1: Wow, crazy.
Speaker 4: I would have never gotten out.
Speaker 2: You are crazy? All right? H next one, I think we have somebody on the phone ready to play. So let's see how this goes. Hoping for the best for Amanda. Hello Amanda, Hi, Yeah, what are you up to this morning? Mandy?
Speaker 7: I am just on my.
Speaker 4: Way to work, drops off at school.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, let's play the finished the lyric game, and if you get it right, you're taking those kids to Disney on ice tonight at the at the g spot. Okay, here we go. You ready?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: To stretch?
Speaker 2: To days and bring you fun. Also, why ham mess.
Speaker 1: Agree You're welcome.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, Bill Sands and shake your tree. You're amazing, You're.
Speaker 1: Amazing, welcome.
Speaker 5: I thought she wasn't going to get it because I was like, no, it's the shake the trees line.
Speaker 1: But she was right, you got it.
Speaker 2: You're amazing.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: My girls are going to be just over the moon.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for you. I love that you go it. You must be a big Disney family to know that when you got Disney on Ice Grand Casino Arena tonight. Tickets are on sale now, but you you're going for free. You're taking the girls along.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm so excited, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: How old are the girls?
Speaker 4: So my oldest one won't be going, but I'm gonna bring my two little ones nine and six.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, they're gonna want one of those buzz light your light up spinning noisy things that are they're about thirty ninety thirty nine to ninety nine each. They'll play with it.
Speaker 1: In the car.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're amazing. All right, good job a man, hold on, we'll get your tickets for you. And thanks forbody who tried to get those. We appreciate it, Okay. Are we at the the the focal point, the climax of the whole bidding thing. Bailey has been keeping track of all the bids.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have.
Speaker 2: Give me the top bids now and we will call you or text you to let you know that you won. But then you also to get your item. You don't get it until you take a picture of the screen, the screenshot of where you placed your bid. And let's let's start with the bids first.
Speaker 5: So right now there's a bidding war between the coin and the stone.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: So the KTEWB coin with the mission statement on it, right now, the highest bid is two hundred dollars from Matthew okay. And then for the stone it's one seventy five from Andy okay. So those two are going back and forth. I'm getting a lot of back and forth, back and forth. So two hundred for the coin, one seventy five for the stone. If you want to bid up higher than that, you still have a little bit of time. For the wei, I have two hundred dollars to Jamie the shoes one seventy five to aj That one did go up and then for the art fifty to Katie.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, how much longer do we get? Do we get one more song to do this in? How about one more song? Okay, we'll play one more song and at the end of that the bidding is closed. Fabulous and I think this worked out pretty well. Yeah, so bid generously for those items. If you want to see him and make a last minute bid, go to Dave Ryan Show on Instagram and then bid just by texting in your name, your bit amount, and the item that you want to KTEWB one. But you do have to be serious. Don't like pull our leg about this one, because it's all for Christmas wish and thank you very much,