Speaker 1: Hey, the Mojo in the morning show. And this week we start giving away trips to the iHeart Radio Music Festival. Oh my god, this is going to be so good. The iHeart Radio Music Festival is I think like the second or third week of September. It's in Las Vegas. It's Stars, Bts, Benson, Moon, Cardi b The Goo Goo Dolls, Kenny Chesney, Laney Wilson who is just in town this past weekend with Christ Apleton, Major Laser muse Snoop Dog Wizy or Wizard Weezer, Zara Larson biggest song of summer right now. A lot of people talking about Zara Larson. This is a two night festival, it's in Vegas, and we're gonna give you a chance to win. Hold on a second chance to win a trip in Lydia. Does it come with the spending cash too? Here it is listen to this chance for a trip for two to Vegas and one thousand dollars and that is at nine to ten this morning, Am I right?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Nine ten this morning you'll have a chance to win. You can text into us a word and we'll give you the word. Coming up this morning here on.
Speaker 3: The show, I know, Friday Night sold out? Is the whole thing sold out?
Speaker 1: I think Saturday night there are still tickets available, and that's the night Benson Boone, Laney Wilson and Snoop Dogg are going to perform me okay night. Friday Night sold out literally in less than a day. Bts Cardi, b Goo, Gole Dollas, Kenny Chasney Wheezer, and Zara Larson. That's big, all right? Yeah, that is big. I heard Radio Music Festival in Las Vegas, yours. I'm going to Vegas by the way in a week. Real, Yeah, what you doing? Oh? Is this Joe's No, that's New Orleans. I'm going to see. I'm going to see Backstreets. I listen. I'd bring her, but I but it would be very inappropriate if because I only got two and Chelsea's not going with me. You ready for this one? I'm taking Chelsea's best friend, Leah. We're going away together. I'll make this a topic somehow. Yeah, sole going to be fine. So I actually it's funny. I talked to uh to the Backstreet people, Backstreet Backs, and Uh, it's their last show that they're going to do for a while. Its sphere might be the last show ever that they do. So that's the thing. I know, I know, I'm sorry starting to listen. I would absolutely love to h to tell the show that we could all go, but it was kind of a last minute deal. I basically got the last minute from uh Lee and he's like, hey.
Speaker 3: Thanks Lee, you wanted to go?
Speaker 1: Sner I asked, like snurs that which live? Snurr. Yeah, so but here's this story. They'll be traveling around the world, they'll be coming here, They're coming in town. Really yeah, so there's going to be a tour. So I actually was talking to my my friend Ryan's sister who went to two shows last week. She went to both nights.
Speaker 3: I did hear. It is the most insane, especially if you're a fan, like there's no other show backstreet Boys like you've ever seen them.
Speaker 1: I had to build up courage to go to the show. You can get a ga ticky standing room dollars.
Speaker 3: It's just I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: Look, we're celebrating you your eighteenth anniversary on air, your seventeenth anniversarial air.
Speaker 1: I want you to be at this show.
Speaker 3: Next I will when they come to town. Is going to get me backstage with them.
Speaker 1: I believe you will absolutely just that. Rightly, honestly, can I say that? Can I say this to you? The only part of this whole thing that bothered me about doing it, And now I'm starting to get into it to a point that I, you know, I might be a little bit too carried away with it. I didn't like the idea that you had to wear white.
Speaker 3: Wear white. You have to you have to supposed to wear white.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to wear white to the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wore the jeans.
Speaker 1: The jeans, by the way, are my favorite jeans I own.
Speaker 5: You need a second because you can't keep wearing those like that?
Speaker 1: Why what's wrong with them? They do? They look like they're they're getting worn? Really, I've worn them twice or three times? No, this is the third time.
Speaker 3: Maybe you need a linen.
Speaker 1: I actually thought about that, a full linen outfit for all white. I should take Mojo shopping. That would be interesting. Shan has not taking me anyway. I'm not taking her. Listen, you talked to Lee working out with Lee. Chelsea has no interest in going. Yes, she is, she is. She likes their music. I think she, you know, sings along to their songs, but her friend is the bigger big Yeah, her friend is is very into that. Look at this jess in the.
Speaker 3: Right, come on in, we have on your behavior.
Speaker 5: She smells Jessica.
Speaker 1: You jess Jessica is a superstar radio host in Florida, Orlando, Miami, Right, Orlando, Miami. But for the competition, what competition.
Speaker 6: We'll just say, I work for another another company. But I was born and raised in Southwestern.
Speaker 1: So we went to boot camp, all of us went to boot camp, and she said, I got to go visit mom, And so where's family? Where're they from?
Speaker 2: Less than five minutes away from here?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Like where the new bridges Bridge, Southwest Detroit four point six miles away.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I love it. I love it. Any any family members possibly listening this morning?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my entire family lives here. I'm the only transplant.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, so I come visit. You know, grandparents have fifteen kids.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of cousins.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 6: I'm sure my cousins are listening out there in the streets absolutely right now, especially as they're getting back to school, because I know that that's coming up too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, no offense to our listening audience, and Detroit, Grand Rapids and Toledo. I'd rather be in the cities that she works in. Could you imagine working every day in Orlando? I like detre so yeah, I'll take Orlando though. Miami.
Speaker 2: Guys, we're open three hundred and sixty four days of the year.
Speaker 1: That is true. By the way, they never I think the only time they closed was COVID probably right or some really.
Speaker 6: Well, we only shut down when Walt Disney World and waffle House shut down.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's our indicators.
Speaker 1: That is wild. Did you work radio in uh Detroit? I did? Where did you work in Detroit?
Speaker 2: I was at ninety three one, dear que.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: I started on the promo side. I had no intentions of going over to the programming side.
Speaker 2: It just worked out that way.
Speaker 6: So once I moved to Orlando, I was just like but around the board, I was like, sure, I like it.
Speaker 2: I want to be on here.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: That's where I got my start to same station. Yeah, y yay.
Speaker 1: By the way, you'll probably see Jay Towers coming in here a little bet. Yeah. Yeah. By the way, from from a tower. Did they say move in the Motor City like the Fisher Building. Yeah, from the top of the Fisher Building, moving the motor city like Detroit moves the world.
Speaker 2: Then I went to go work for one the Groove.
Speaker 1: Ah did you well? That a dirty word when I heard that, But as I am, how was it is that when the station had listeners? Right? Is that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: I left when we still had It was literally a year and a half old when I went down.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it. Wow, Yeah, that's good. I like it. Well, well, I uh, now you're here, you're hanging out with all of us. Did you learn anything at boot camp?
Speaker 6: I always learned something new at boot camp. It's I tell people, it's two things. It is our ability to find out what's going on in the industry and hang out with people that share our radio PTSD, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like therapy. And it's also the liver Olympics.
Speaker 1: It is there's a lot of drinking that goes on at that thing. Any good stories stories.
Speaker 5: Tell us one?
Speaker 2: Well, no, not on the public air, but you know, I'll tell you off air.
Speaker 1: Wait, there was a there was a lydia. Do you have any good stories at all from boot camp? Anything that you want to bring up at all. They came on at boot camp.
Speaker 5: I put it in my topics. But what I thought you were being flirted with?
Speaker 1: You thought, I don't want that topic.
Speaker 5: But Mojo, of course you don't catch on to things like that. But I was like giving this girl the eye, and I was like, he has a hot wife at home. That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Wait, when did that happen? When was this?
Speaker 5: I was sitting next to Sarah Pepper out of oh jeez, sitting on my right, the lady that you were talking to.
Speaker 1: So it's the Who's the New Morning Show? Down in Atlanta? They took over for the Bird Show? Actually who is that? Yes, Joe Breezy and what is uh? Why am I brain farting? So Joe Joe Breezy and intern Jack Black from our show? Yeah, Court, Court is on that show and.
Speaker 2: Look at it Small Business.
Speaker 1: One hundred or whatever.
Speaker 3: I see her, Yes, Oh my god, she looks like.
Speaker 1: I forget what her name is, uh dk dk d K. She's worked in San Francisco, she's worked in Vegas. By the way, you thought that we were flirting with each other, she was flirting with We're flirting. I was just talking. So what did you see, Lydia.
Speaker 5: Nothing. I just felt like she looked like she was very engaged in the conversation with Joe.
Speaker 6: That's all I'll say, Lydia, did you catch the Carolina Panthers when we were there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I certainly did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's wait a minute.
Speaker 5: I didn't know there going to be athletes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were. We rode the elevator with a bunch of players and I think Bionca and Lydia were flirting and we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Wait, I got I got to back myself up.
Speaker 5: There was no floriding. I was just asking what they're here for.
Speaker 1: What are you big men here for?
Speaker 5: And one of them said in the military.
Speaker 2: I was like, thank you for your service, sor.
Speaker 5: But we're a couple who were like, yeah, we're here in town. We got a game to play. And we were just asking them how long they're staying, how long they've been there, And then they got off the elevator. They didn't seem really interested in talking to us once we said we were there for a radio conference.
Speaker 1: Wait, by the way, when I tell you what DK and I were talking about, you're going to feel awkward about the fact that you thought that she was flirting, okay, or or that there was any flirting going on in there. And here's a question that I want to ask because it's actually a good topic. If you see your married friend, I don't know. I just did quotes married friend, but it is married. If you see your married friend or in a relationship friend talking to somebody in a bar, do you walk up and say something? Because here's Lydia, Lyddy, you were going to say something, well, I.
Speaker 5: Was just going to subtly like, yeah, subtly bring up Chelsea in conversation and bring what.
Speaker 1: You don't think I brought her up. That's actually what we did.
Speaker 5: That's not what I'm saying. You wouldn't think, so you wouldn't think that someone's flirting. I'm not saying you would flirt, and I'm not saying she was either, But it just looked like she was just really into the conversation.
Speaker 1: What about you have your wedding ring on? I did, Yes, What if Kevin? And he asked this question, Kevin's not married? But what if Kevin? Was that a fat What What if Kevin, who's dating right now and possibly in a relationship, what if he was there and he was talking to somebody, would you move in on that and say, Kevin, you have a no. And also, I don't know the girl. That's different.
Speaker 5: Chelsea and I have a really good relationship with her, and she's your.
Speaker 1: Wife, all right. I want to know from the listeners eight four to four Mojo Live, have you ever had to step in when a friend who was in a relationship was out at a bar. You know what we were talking about. Her mom just died from Alzheimer's and we were sharing. She shared that with me, and I was talking to her about my brother in law, and that's why it looked like maybe she wanted to go back to my room.
Speaker 5: It was just like a personal moment for her. I don't know her so clearly. I don't know how she flirts her hush talk.
Speaker 1: It's funny. It was the hand on the leg.
Speaker 5: She was just very engaged, like it was like her legs crossed. One hand was over the legs, had the other under her chin.
Speaker 1: She was like Oprah Winfrey, really.
Speaker 5: Like looking deep into the conversation.
Speaker 3: Lydia, did you or did you not take a photo?
Speaker 5: I didn't take a picture. I felt like that would be doing too much.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you What did Sarah Pepper say, Because Sarah Pepper was with Lydia at the time, what did she say?
Speaker 5: He's doing She's doing Chelsea a favor right now, Sarah Pepper.
Speaker 1: Sarah Pepper is a friend of ours and radio who, I will tell you is one of the funniest people ever and the greatest is Sarah facetimed my wife Chelsea that weekend and basically was, I will drive from Cleveland to Detroit as long as we make love this time. She said, she is upsessed. She's like that. She thinks Chelsea is a she thinks Chelsea is a like a stone cold fox. Well, no, she thinks that. She thinks that Chelsea is a late and late in life lesbian. So Sarah thinks that Chelsea is going to eventually either when I die, which might be after this break that we're doing right now, or or uh, you know, if if we get divorced. She thinks her next partner is going to be being.
Speaker 6: A single person out here. I hate it here. I mean I wish I was born to lesbian at this point, because.
Speaker 1: Come on, really, is it easier?
Speaker 2: I don't know men that that born straight.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, the direction why why is it. Why are men so bad?
Speaker 2: That's a great question.
Speaker 6: I've been searching for that answer, and it's the smallest things, and we try. I think women have options now and it makes it a little bit more difficult for men. You actually have to try harder than just saying, okay, well I pay bills. Well, guess what I pay bills too. Oh well, you know I have this, while I have that too. You know, it just makes it a little bit more difficult because they're just used to, you know, setting the scene, like I got the bends, I got the apartment, I got the Well, we we have that now too, So that's hole.
Speaker 1: See it's interesting you say that because I don't believe that's the reason why I believe the phone swiping and the fact that a guy could pretty much say to you of everything, God.
Speaker 2: Is why there's a male loneliness epidemic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The problem is I think guys think that they have too many options, and it's like it's like having you know what it is, it's going to cheesecake factory. There's two big of a menu. I can't go to that place without losing my mind. That's what this problem is.
Speaker 4: I see, even when you have a men, you'd ass size though you somehow find yourself eating the same thing.
Speaker 3: And everything on that menu is maybe with the same ten ingredients I.
Speaker 6: Do and issue correct because you go back to what's comfortable, You go back to what you know.
Speaker 2: But that's not always healthy for you.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: So with having that many options, we all have that many options. So two women too. So now women are like, okay, I'm done with you, and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, wait what what?
Speaker 6: Oh no, I was just doing the same thing you were doing. I was just reading off the menu and I was just you're on the menu. We're all available equally. Now it's no longer where men have all these options and women don't.
Speaker 2: We got rosta baby.
Speaker 1: Oh rosta Like you know, by the way, I will say this to you. When you pull that with a guy, it changes it does It does if you have if you if you have the I guess I wouldn't say guts to do it because you gotta do it. Be could you want to do it not just because you've got guts. But I think when you do that to a guy, boom, it flips the script.
Speaker 6: So yeah, but there are good men out there. Please let me preface and say that I know, and I'm aware. It's just that's just geography because I didn't find them when I was here either.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, but I do believe that they still exist. I just do believe that.
Speaker 6: Yes, the phone's the easy available options and the lack of true communication. I think people we try to communicate, they curate everything right. Everything has to be curated now and that authenticity is missing.
Speaker 4: So okay, suggest it takes. Yeah, nobody's saying their real thoughts.
Speaker 1: I like it. Jessica hanging out with us, hang out, hang out till the end of the show. We please don't go anywhere. Hold on a second.