Speaker 1: Version six of the Initials game is now available at Initials game dot com. If you love the radio version of Initials, you will love the home game. Perfect for campfires, game nights, or family get togethers. Get the brand new version version six of Initials at Initials game dot com. All right, so I'm glad we don't just stare at the Florida in a commercial brace because Lou Ragusa said something that blew my mind.
Speaker 2: So did you hear that?
Speaker 1: Walking in Jardy? Just said I just heard the twitch thing? So, Lou, what did you just say about Techmo super Bowl? So remember the old nes game Techmo super Bowl? When I was a Buffalo, I got into playing it competitively. What And there's there's kind of like an online community. So as you're talking about Twitch, I actually use that a little bit. That's how you find the people online to play against. So you're a competitive techmol super Bowl player? Yeah, so legitimately pretty good at it? Yes, relative like extremely.
Speaker 2: Good at it.
Speaker 1: Sure it could beat anyone that that doesn't know how to play the way the competitive people play in the tournaments. But there I don't know if they still have it or not, but they used to have a national championship in Madison and I never got out of the final thirty two for that. So nationwide there's some really good players. But I did win one tournament in Buffalo when I was there, and it was pretty popular there. That's pretty cool, man, that's really cool. No one, do you like the Bills? The Bills were probably the team back exactly. They were Techno Super Bowl. I was just staying the other day, unfortunately, when Joey Browner passed away, Like, there's a lot of names from the eighties that a lot of us grew up learning football players and techmobiles exactly. Even if I didn't watch a lot of Vikings football in the eighties because I was too young, I knew their names from that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't know who Carl Lee was exactly if it wasn't here.
Speaker 1: He's a good corner on Techno super Bowl. And I probably have his football card too. That was the other way, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sweet man. I didn't know you could ball a little bit. Do you play any other old school anys games?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean like Super Mario three or Doctor Mario.
Speaker 2: Some ran so Baseball Stars is a really good one.
Speaker 1: But there was a kind of a variant called Little League Baseball that I actually like.
Speaker 2: A little bit. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Doctor Mario was obviously in response to how popular Tetris was. Everybody the world was going nuts for Tetris, and then somebody at Nintendo said, how do we combine Tetris with our love of Mario? And they just made Doctor Mario. And it is different enough that it's sure and you play competitively against someone and it's a race, so that any game on the old school Nintendo that you can play against somebody competitively is still fun.
Speaker 2: That's sweet.
Speaker 3: Man, Are you guys gonna hang out after?
Speaker 2: I don't want to get smoked and technical I'm not good at that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I'll kick his ass in Mario cart but he's going to smoke me and everything else, it sounds you can still create a little disparity by being one of the bad teams and letting the opponent be a good team. It's still hard to beat someone if it's you know, San Francisco versus the Patriots are the worst team on that game.
Speaker 4: Think about that.
Speaker 1: Times they have a change, but we referenced the time. There's so many games in the nineties and beyond that there was that unofficial like rule of the unwritten rule of like like when you played the hockey games in the nineties, you can't be the Red Wings. It's not fair. No anybody with the Red Wings, because then it's just it's just not even a fair fight. Even if you if you're giving the worst player of the two of you the Red Wings, just like, well, now you're gonna probably beat me.
Speaker 2: This isn't cool. You can't be the Rams in the late nineties manager, or.
Speaker 1: You couldn't be Michael Vick and the Falcons when when he was a dominant video game athlete.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Yep, so is bo Jackson like your all time favorite player then based on that game.
Speaker 2: He was for a long time, I believe, But he's I love the myth.
Speaker 1: I love how Bo Jackson's myth is bigger than he really was as a player. If you if you go to you know, pro football stats and you look at his stats, it's not that impressive.
Speaker 2: But they made a cartoon with him and Jordan and Gretzky. Remember that. Oh yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: He was pop culture was viral before you went viral, commercials.
Speaker 2: Video games, yack mobile. He was the whole bit.
Speaker 1: Ye started it was that really cool baseball cartoon where he has the football shoulder pads on and then the bat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Iconic, Yeah, iconic.
Speaker 1: Tons of us had that poster in our arms. And then I had like Kelly Kapowski and like Weezer's Blue.
Speaker 5: Album and Boys on the Block or whatever new Kids on the Block you're thinking about Zach's room.
Speaker 1: I had the Kramer remember the uh yeah, the portrait of the Cosmo course. Yeah, did you have the George Costanza on the couch mill too?
Speaker 2: Also iconic? Yeah? Man, all right, should we do sports quickly before we get the game?
Speaker 6: Can I make a point with the very first sports story do you mind?
Speaker 1: Of course, it's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint Paul Safe.
Speaker 5: Thank you, say Paul Saints. We appreciate that very much. They're playing baseball. I believe it's the first Friday night fireworks night of the year down at cchs Field tonight. And they got Hoodius to give away too, So going down, thank you Saints.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of that, because because it's not only the Saints game, but we have a you know, a Twins game as well.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking at the weather forecast.
Speaker 1: It looks like it's what eighty five percent chance of some kind of rain, some kind Right?
Speaker 2: What happened to the three days of snow and sleet and hell? And what happened.
Speaker 6: Exactly up north as we.
Speaker 2: Speak, But we missed it completely correct and went bubb us right.
Speaker 1: Echo, Yeah, I think, Yeah, the old jet stream or something pushed it all up, and now we're getting warmer weather than they expected, and then instead of the snow, it's now the rain.
Speaker 6: That's how you report.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, there you go. Watch up.
Speaker 5: A athletic article I was just reading just now during that break from our friend Alex Lewis made a point that I hadn't thought of. We brought in Kyle Murray. Yeah, Murphy, think about the difference between what we paid Kyler Murray to come in and what the Raiders just paid to bring in.
Speaker 1: Kirk Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ten million more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, think about that, and how much younger he is, literally ten years younger. I just that's that's one perspective I hadn't thought of. We brought in a pro caliber starter who has a future for a nine million dollars less great point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the best argument for Kyle Murphy, I miss Kyle Murphy, Kyler whatever is actress the best. The best argument is the price tag. It's an absolute fre year roll. If it does cost you nothing, you move on. The only thing you've wasted is your time. And if it goes horribly south, you have a top. You have a very good pick and a very good quarterback drive horribly south. Oh so was your sister? Come on, now, my sister, Lou Lou Hawk has a sister who's a prostitute.
Speaker 5: She was what was was now she's an escort.
Speaker 1: She's missing though, So Lou, if you could look into that's.
Speaker 6: Saying, she's not missing meals, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Okay, got Marty.
Speaker 1: The Timberwolves lost to the Kissions one thirteen, one o eight, No aunt, So he is now eligible for NBA Postseason Awards. And we were just talking about, you know, all these rich, top paid guys in the NFL. So look, no one's crying for Anthony Edwards. He's going to have hundreds of millions of dollars. It's not the end of the world, but it is. Don't forget this. This is tied to future money. Like so if he does not make All NBA next year, then I believe the super Max is out the door for him, right, Isn't that how that works because you have to have a certain number of All nbas within a certain window. And the fact that he misses it now this year because he's not eligible for it, and he would have been in the top three teams, he's a top fifteen plars.
Speaker 2: So if he somehow doesn't make it next year because he has.
Speaker 1: Injuries or something or a really weird bad year, which is very unlikely it's more injury based, then the next time he signs a deal, he's not eligible for the Supermax.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So again, no one's crying for him. He's going to be just fine.
Speaker 1: But that theoretically could be what tens of millions of dollars maybe for missing a handful of games.
Speaker 3: And this was voted on in the last CBAS, which means the players voted on it, right, So this this is not going away because it actually has created exactly what the NBA wanted, which was the superstar players playing more games. And if you look at like Nikola Jokicic when he had his was a knee injury, Guys who have had like hamstring, calf, whatever, they're coming back a little sooner. Or even Wemby when he came back from his calf, he was playing like a minutes restriction of whatever. It was twenty four minutes and he was sticking to that. But he probably came back earlier because he was trying to make himself eligible. So it is working in that sense. It is getting guys to play more games. They're still going to miss when they're hurt, yes, but the point is they're trying to not have guys just sit out because it's a back to back or it's a game we're gonna win by twenty and then the fans are paying money to go see your team, say in Indiana, and Indiana is a terrible team, so you're gonna rest your superstars and the NBA does not want that. And so this has been effective to put this sixty five game threshold in so it's not going away.
Speaker 2: Where the Spurs really the first too. They use load management.
Speaker 6: And I'm gonna tell you why I know this.
Speaker 5: I was just reading a book about stoicism and the gentleman is referencing the coach what.
Speaker 2: Was this name, Popovich?
Speaker 5: Popovich and Popovich chose to do the right thing instead of the popular thing, and the right thing for his team was to rest his players.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's it. It's game theory as well.
Speaker 1: Right, it's the optimal choice to win the title is not the same as the optimal choice to win the game. Right, Popovich was playing the season optimization when the NBA doesn't want the games to suffer. But that's the problem with the sixty five game rule is that they're at odds.
Speaker 5: And I believe that, Margie, if you know this number correctly, I think they find him two hundred thousand dollars or something like that. Yeah, like right away for doing it. They find him. He's like, fine, find me. I want I want to win. I want to take care of my players.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: And so it's interesting what you just said, Hawk, you said pop did the right thing. You're saying he did the right thing for his team exactly, and somebody who went to the game might say he didn't do the right thing for the fans. It's an interesting especially if you were let's say it was a road game and some let's say they were playing in Minnesota, and Minnesota fans bought tickets because they wanted to see Tim Duncan or whoever whoever rested that day.
Speaker 6: Boy, you know what, Marks, I could argue both sides of the argument.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know what's right?
Speaker 3: Interesting And the real answer is that the NBA season should be seventy games instead of eighty two or pick your number.
Speaker 2: Or twelve yeah, twelve games, yeah, or somewhere in between.
Speaker 3: But that will never change because then the money will change.
Speaker 1: But you would also have to assume that the teams would still then try to maximize the game instead of maximizing the title. Right, because even if you cut at the seventy, it's still optimal to not have them go all out for all seventy injury risk, stamina, endurance, all that.
Speaker 3: But when you're looking at three games a week, right instead of four?
Speaker 5: And if I made take this and I'm sorry, but go in the weeds. But reading close to him his book about football, the thing you just said about the amount of games and you lose money. The NFL only plays how many regular season games, seventy and they make way more money than everybody a point. Yeah, And he points that out in this book, and it's one of the reasons the NFL is so successful, it's.
Speaker 6: Because it makes every game so much more important. That's there, you go.
Speaker 1: It's like we only play Initials once a week because that was organic and it was well done.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say it right now, Chad Abbott has an e because of what you just did.
Speaker 6: That was a great trend.
Speaker 1: Oh got It took me a minute that he had, like an electric car he does.
Speaker 6: That's what I meant, I met.
Speaker 2: What did you think he meant? Explain what he meant?
Speaker 1: He meant? He meant.
Speaker 6: Love shed See, I'm correct.
Speaker 2: You're not reading the books still? Are you? Really? All right?
Speaker 1: Lou Ra Goose?
Speaker 2: Do you believe you're good at this game? I don't know. You don't know.
Speaker 1: I have the play at home game. I like you, and I always end up being the reader. Okay, so I really haven't played it a lot of That probably means they think you're gonna win, which means they stick you with the expectations. High Yep, all right. Lou Ra Goose makes his Initials debut. Marty Gellinger, Sauce and Hawk square off after this, and one of you gets to crack at one hundred and thirteen thousand dollars up.
Speaker 7: Next, it's the Initials game featuring the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Jackpot. Call one eight hundred three to two zero fifty three twenty six for your shot at the Initials jackpot.
Speaker 2: Next, I'm the fan.
Speaker 5: Final segment of the week, it's Potrip morning too, snow crossed the night in Dluth.
Speaker 6: Everybody, We're coming, see ye get ready.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be a perfect conditions for snowcross final race of the weekend. I should say a final race of the year for AMZEL Championship. No Cross excited about that, but that's not important right now. What's important right now is we got money to give away to the game to play this.
Speaker 7: This Initials game six twenty two on the Power Trip, presented by Builders and Remodelers.
Speaker 5: And I want to say thank you to my friends and builders are modelers of course, Minisot's premier exterior home service company for over seventy three years for windows, sighting, roofing, or doors.
Speaker 6: Visit Builders and Remodelers dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, Game six twenty two of Initials. Let's go around the room see who's playing and who they're playing for. Sauce me. I am playing for my amazing friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza, which is on sale at all Kowalski's locations.
Speaker 2: You'll probably see Rosie there because he practically lives there.
Speaker 1: And if I win today, listened for the special offer from my friends at Seventh Avenue of him up.
Speaker 5: C Steff Allen Hockey and my friends of Radco got my back all time, and I've been rewarding them finally a little bit. I'm sponsored by my friends at Radcom Record dot Com. F I win today, you're gonna hear a special offer from red.
Speaker 2: Miss Marnie Gellner.
Speaker 3: Well, great clips has had a quiet few weeks.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that. Friends.
Speaker 3: If I win today, stay tuned for a sharp offer from my friend's agree close.
Speaker 1: See what he did there, lou Ragoose Caro Levin. Here's his book Mastermind, available now right Amazon. You said, yes, the noble you can find on my website. I can get you a signed copy too. Reach out directly Isose dot com, yep, Louvergoose dot com.
Speaker 5: All you guys with me r a g usc unbelievable and he is playing for our great friends that buy the yard today. If he wins listen for a one of a kind offer from Buy the Yard Man.
Speaker 2: It's an honor.
Speaker 1: I'm confident, Lou, I think you can do this Initials game dot com. You can buy the home game version versions four, five, and six at Initials game dot Com. Lou, it sounds like you have one of them. Four, five, and six are the best.
Speaker 2: I have the OG.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to get one of the nu ones. Yeah, they were significantly better. Just like writing a book. The first time you write a book, you're like, all right, I know I would what I would do differently? Well, by by version four, I figured it out. Yeah, four, five and six considerably better.
Speaker 6: In course, can get you an autographed one.
Speaker 1: I definitely can initialsgame dot Com. Before we play the game, though, you said you had a story to tell. So first of all, thank you for inviting me on this is this is life goals for me. But I thought that it would never happen because the first time that I was here, I was actually doing a story on a musician, Michael Shines, and tagging along with him. Oh yeah, he was a cool guy, great tyrol and Poland that was kind of the news hook. And but I was New I just moved back to the Twin Cities, and I was just starting to listen and learn who everyone was. And on my way out the door, I said, hey, Corey, by the way, I want to let you know that I love the Letters game. And then you said and then and then you kind of lean forward and say the initials. That sounds like him, you know the letters And I just thought, oh my god, it's over there.
Speaker 2: Never gonna invite me. I'm on the blacklist. I'm always going to call it the letters game. Let's play the letters game. Let's play the letters game.
Speaker 1: But before we play the letters game, let's make sure somebody gets a crack at one hundred and thirteen thousand.
Speaker 7: Now, now it's time for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials.
Speaker 5: Jackpop, that's right, you heard one hundred and thirteen thousand dollars. You're looking to buy a new car, save money in your current car loan, Do it with Saint Paul Federal Credit Union now for auto loan rates as low as four point two nine percent APR. Apply today at Saint Paul fu dot org. Slash kafan federally insured by the NCUA.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks, to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union. This thing is now at one hundred and thirteen thousand dollars. If the caller guess is one letter in the right spot got to be in the right spot, they win.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: If they tell me both letters in the right spot, they win one hundred and thirteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Carl's sitting right over there.
Speaker 1: He won thirty one five Like six months later, Mike won thirteen thousand, five hundred dollars, and it hasn't gone off.
Speaker 2: Since it's been forever. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: It's overdue. We've had a couple of sweats in the last couple of months. Let's just have somebody win. We have a reporter right here.
Speaker 2: They'll be on the news on the record. Yeah, Lou's gonna call Carol eleven and go. We got a story.
Speaker 1: Somebody just won one hundred and thirteen thousand dollars on this stupid morning show that I was.
Speaker 2: On with Carl in a ten minutes, come on, play good morning. What is your name? I think he's Derek?
Speaker 1: Derek.
Speaker 2: Hi, Derek, what's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: How are you right? I'm doing good?
Speaker 6: How are you doing.
Speaker 1: Good, Derek, you have a shout at one hundred and thirteen thousand dollars. Think about that for a second life changer, right, one hundred and thirteen K.
Speaker 6: Life changer?
Speaker 1: All right, Derek, let's do it. All you need is two letters in the right spot. Tell me letter one, tell me letter two. Go two for two, and I'll give you one hundred and thirteen K.
Speaker 2: Go Steve.
Speaker 1: Well, since Carl's there, I'm gonna go with his tactic. I'm gonna go d B.
Speaker 2: What's the second letter? As in cat? See? Isn't cats as in California? California? So DC like Washington?
Speaker 5: D C?
Speaker 2: Correct, got it all. I just wanted to make sure, all right, d C. He's going d see as in.
Speaker 1: Derek Kat Yeah, yeah. Does Derek have at least one right for two hundred and fifty dollars? And is he alive and eligible the whole thing? Does he have at least one right with d.
Speaker 5: C?
Speaker 2: You? Sorry? Sorry, sorry, Derek kats out the door. Sorry, Derek.
Speaker 1: Okay, look, just for fun, take a shot at it. See if you can sense it. I'll send it to you telepathically. E R.
Speaker 6: Show.
Speaker 2: Oh, good point, Carl. See if Carl can manifest and.
Speaker 6: Carl go, I'd be winning money by the way, T.
Speaker 1: S, Carl, you ignorant, slot, Carl, you did have one letter in the wrong spot. No, the initials four, Game six two, the letter F and then the letter T F T I knew it and then T low. It sounds like you've heard this game a thousand times. You're familiar with it. But just in case, remember yell out your name. Your name is your buzzer. When you yell out your name and you are the first one to ring in, you get five seconds to solve. If you get it right, you get a point. If you get it wrong, you're out for the remainder of just that item. The all time record is nine out of twelve, held by aj Monsour Sauce and Do Young Park. You got to pronounce the answers correctly. Everybody ready, Yeah, number one of F T. Clue number one, you could argue Paul the octopus in twenty ten. Clue number two is illegal in Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 4: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: A famous machine. In nineteen eighty eight, Clue number four may touch the ball. Clue number five might use cards. Huh yep.
Speaker 6: Fortune Teller that's right.
Speaker 2: Oh, well done.
Speaker 1: That is a fortune teller.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I can't do that in Saudi Arabia. They do not care for that. Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nope, better not be doing that. I don't do it to Corey either.
Speaker 1: Nope. Big reference is good. Exactly nineteen eighty eight. That was the Zultar machine. And then Paul the Octopus was that octopus that like did a crazy number of Oh yeah, I think World Cup predictions. Like he just kept nailing them and people are like, what's going on with this octopus? It hawks is a hawk takes the lead with one nothing with fortune teller.
Speaker 2: Here's number two of f T.
Speaker 1: Clue number one sometimes features the removal of a mask. Clue number two is not where you want to be. Clue number three this is on one.
Speaker 8: Side of a long line.
Speaker 4: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: Sometimes features spectacular catches. Clue number five commonly has an abundance of grass.
Speaker 2: Lou yep fall territory on the board. That is foul territory. And there we go loulra goose.
Speaker 1: On the board because the catcher Okay, yeah, I gotta throw off your mask. Oh it's on one side of the line. Spectacular catches. You don't want to be in foul territory. You want to hit it in fair territory. Foul territory, and Lou regose is on the board. See there we go.
Speaker 2: Now you can just play loose, relax and just win. Yeah, man, no problem, he's loose for goose. That would be his garbage.
Speaker 1: Pale kid.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Lou has one, Hawk has one. Here's number three of FT.
Speaker 4: Clue number one.
Speaker 2: The goal is to avoid impact zones.
Speaker 4: Clue number two.
Speaker 2: Often shot in action movies.
Speaker 4: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Don't want punctures.
Speaker 4: Clue number four.
Speaker 2: They're not all cylindrical.
Speaker 4: Clue number five.
Speaker 2: Ideally they have liquid.
Speaker 4: Final clue clue number six.
Speaker 2: These are filled on road trips. Ball fuel tank.
Speaker 6: That's man's good cluse my god, I was swimming on that.
Speaker 2: One fuel tank. Thanks Steves.
Speaker 6: My name is Chris.
Speaker 1: Names Chris, that's Lou, that's Marnie, that's Carl.
Speaker 2: I like Carl.
Speaker 6: I'm good.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a gray shirt that has a.
Speaker 2: The word cell in red.
Speaker 1: And he may or may not be going to the Twins opener today. Brilliant, all right, three way tie.
Speaker 2: Lou, Sauce and Hot each have one. Here's number four of f T.
Speaker 1: Clue number one often aligned with exciting news. Clue number two includes a memorable test.
Speaker 4: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Might make you sick. Yep, first trymester, that's oh fiery Marny's.
Speaker 1: Try master.
Speaker 6: You didn't smack.
Speaker 2: You didn't even hit album. Waiting for the next one.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you want to hit an investigative, you know, journalist, that's probably not the best idea.
Speaker 2: He'll get to the bottom of the story pretty quickly.
Speaker 6: It'll be a shot.
Speaker 2: All right, all four of you have one.
Speaker 1: We're absolutely even through four with eight items to go. Here's number five of f T. Clue number one hasn't happened yet. Clue number two will Clue number three shall hawk Yep.
Speaker 6: Future tents.
Speaker 2: That's right, that is future tense.
Speaker 3: Exactly, well Donecket, you've really been locked in.
Speaker 1: He's locked in this year so far. This is his years dominating so far in twenty twenty six. That is future tents sauce. You know what that is? No clue.
Speaker 5: These are two large that's where you go out in the campground and put something up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you pointed that the author didn't get that fair enough.
Speaker 2: Do it in sauce that includes future tents.
Speaker 1: Go, I can't wait for this to be over. Well done? Wow, Hawk has two. Everybody else has one. Here's number six of FT. Clue number one this is a group. Number two might be volunteers. Clue number three might be rebels. Clue number four might be cowboys.
Speaker 6: Hawk football team.
Speaker 2: It's a football team. It's a football team. He's locked in. Well done, he's locked in.
Speaker 8: That's a football team.
Speaker 2: Sauce use football team in a sentence, go, I hope you're sacked by an entire football team.
Speaker 1: That's right, we're at halftime. Hawk has three. Everybody else has one. Six items to go, everybody in this. Here's number seven of f T. Clue number one New York City has over three hundred. Clue number two has multiple windows.
Speaker 4: Clue number three, in.
Speaker 1: A sense, was once associated with horses.
Speaker 2: Paul all By fire truck. That's right, I don't think is correct?
Speaker 6: Way to go do?
Speaker 2: Thanks man your truck. Why don't you think that was right? I don't know. I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Too easy because horses don't have windows. Well that and the but windows New York. I just thought it was too easy.
Speaker 6: What was the windows? Oh yeah, okay, god truck.
Speaker 1: But they used to be pulled by horses. But they weren't really trucks. That's why I said, in a sense.
Speaker 2: They were once associated with horses way back in the day.
Speaker 9: Horses just pulled whatever they needed to do to put out fires. All right, Hawk has three, Sauce has two, and Lou each have one. Five to go, everybody mathematically still in this Here's number eight.
Speaker 4: Of f t Clue number one.
Speaker 1: Involved in acquisitions and sales.
Speaker 4: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: They often traveled long distances.
Speaker 4: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Multi millionaire John Jacob Astor was one.
Speaker 4: Shoot Clue number four.
Speaker 1: They deal with isolation, harsh environments, and rivals.
Speaker 4: Clue number five.
Speaker 1: They often carried knives and firearms by Yep, fur Trapper.
Speaker 6: See how you use the wrong.
Speaker 2: Lou fur trader.
Speaker 1: It's a trader trader trader good rebound, Ye Lou, you gotta swoop back.
Speaker 2: You gotta swoop in.
Speaker 1: Yep fur trader gets Lou regose point number two. He's one back of Chris. Chris has three.
Speaker 2: He's in the lead.
Speaker 1: Sauce and Lou each have two. Four items Ago, Marnie, you have one. You're only two back, right, okay, here's number nine.
Speaker 4: Of FT Clue number one.
Speaker 1: This is the common or informal name. Clue number two has a square base. Clue number three this costs around four billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Clue number four.
Speaker 2: Has a spire. Huck Yep, Freedom Tower. That's right, that is the.
Speaker 1: Freedom Tower, also known as the one World Trade Center, but the informal name is.
Speaker 2: Just the French toower. All right, are you taking a new vitamin or something?
Speaker 1: Yep, it's called Freedom Yep. Free Nando, by the way, if the movement needs any more momentum, it's a free Nando day. So best of luck, Tornando. He just doesn't deserve the treatment that he's getting. Free Nando. All right, Marnie, you need all three, but Chris, you have a two point lead with three to go, so if you get any of the remaining three or the winner, but Sauce is just two back, Lou is just two back, but Chris is going for the win.
Speaker 2: Here is number ten of FT.
Speaker 1: Clue number one might be platinum. Clue number two have a sharp contrast. Clue number three might need to be sprayed Marnie, Marnie fake tan. Marnie out for the rest of number ten. All right, we're down to Lou, Sauce and Hawk Hawk for the wind fishing tackle. Okay, now we're down to Lou, ragoose and Sauce. You guys ready, Yes, here we go. Clue number four had a moment in the late nineteen nineties and early two thousands. Clue number five, Guy Fieri is famous for these Paul Paul frosted tips. Right, those are frost tips.
Speaker 2: I had them. I knew it. Did you have them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Graduated in two thousand ninety nine, was above them all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hard to take your job seriously.
Speaker 2: If you're rocking frosted tips, you should though, he sings.
Speaker 6: For Sugar Ray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be a bold, bold choice. Your boss are like, look, Lou, you can cover any story you want, but please get rid of the frosted tip.
Speaker 2: Ye, please stop?
Speaker 1: All right, Martie, you're mathematically out, uh, Sauce, you're just one back because Hawk has four, Sauce has three, Lou has two, So Lou you need both of these to force a tie breaker. Sauce, you're trying to stay in this Hawk still going for the win. Here's number eleven of FT. Clue number one is small but critical. Clue number two. This involves pride in one's work.
Speaker 2: Lou, Okay, finishing touches, kid can play wo.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is absolutely the right answer, finishing touches.
Speaker 2: Dude, that was tough. That was incredible.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, that was really good. Okay, all right, Lou's got three. So it comes down to this. Chris is going for the win. Lou, you get this right, you foresay heads up, tiebreaker. Sauce, you get this right, You foresay heads up tie breaker. If Marnie gets it right, Chris is the winner. Okay, all right, here we go. Number twelve Lou going for the tie, Sauce going for the tie, Hawk going for the win. Number twelve of FT Clue number one. Timing is critical.
Speaker 4: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: This involves brief of parent weightlessness. Clue number three you likely will need chalk.
Speaker 2: Clue number four is part of a performance.
Speaker 4: Clue number five.
Speaker 2: In a sense features swingers.
Speaker 4: Final clue clue number six.
Speaker 1: You'll need bars, a net, and a circus to likely see this. Lou for the tie four three two on anybody else? Five or three two one Paul five or three two one Frank Tiger for the win.
Speaker 5: Flying trap piece is the right answer.
Speaker 1: He didn't need it, but he walked it off on anyway once lowin sauce were out. You had already locked it up, but you got it anyway. Flying trap piece is the right answer. Chris wins yet again. Thank you dominating Man finally bringing it for radco again. Uh, I was sponsor today.
Speaker 5: My great friends at Radcone record dot Com received ten percent off your entire order now through Monday in store online at racord dot com. When you use the promo code initials. Discount doesn't apply to toppers, but everything else it does. Radco Record dot Com use that promo code initials.
Speaker 2: You got three. You're ringing on twelve. I thought you had.
Speaker 3: Breaker Man flying trapez I was in gymnastics.
Speaker 2: I was chalking ale yes.
Speaker 3: I was like, what is that called dismounted? I couldn't get off of the gymnastics.
Speaker 2: I lost it though I had frosted Tips. That was my moment. I think all of us lost it at Frosted Tips.
Speaker 1: I also had frosted Tips at the U temporarily because I dyed my hair after my senior year of high school.
Speaker 2: Because I'm like, I'm gonna be on the water all summer, no one's going to see me.
Speaker 1: Didn't realize it was going to last into the fall when I was at the U, and then also didn't realize the process of hair growth and that when you dye your hair completely blonde, you eventually end up with.
Speaker 2: Frosted So you did frosted tips a long way.
Speaker 1: Accidentally, yep, because I literally well for them to become tips.
Speaker 2: The dumbest look of all time. It's just horrible. What was I doing?
Speaker 6: You had ahock at one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've made a lot of big mistakes.
Speaker 6: Well, I look over here, I got no hair at all.
Speaker 2: Life is full of hair regrets. Was a sun in that spray? I did that one? You know? Did you really? Yeah? And at first it wasn't working, so I just just keep going to keep Finally catches it and it kind of is that orangish hue of blonde. You don't You don't get.
Speaker 10: That's hot pray that it's meant for the summertime, and when you go outside, the sun hits it and it basically bleaches your hair.
Speaker 2: Must be horrible for you, terrible. It was popular with the girls when I was in I tried all the things.
Speaker 1: Man all right, well, well done, dude. Three points was very solid.
Speaker 5: Chris, I got to tell you, I thought I gave it away with that fur Trapper fur Trader thing. And I should have known it would be Trader because you said could use a gun and you don't trap somebody with a gun. I should have used Trader instead. Trapper yelled, Yeah, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 2: You've been in a real groove though.
Speaker 3: Even when you're wrong, you are absolutely on the right trail.
Speaker 2: It's been impressive because you were so bad.
Speaker 1: I was so for so long, so bad for Is this like a Kurk Cameron Dudley Moore situation? Because why have you two flipped because all of a sudden he's dominant.
Speaker 2: You can't play all of a sudden, James.
Speaker 1: The last two years you've been dominant, and now the last month it's like you forgot how to play.
Speaker 2: But four straight weeks I've told you I am.
Speaker 5: There's one thing I say to her every time she comes into the show that completely throws her off her game. And earlier I said that thing about you not being any good initials anymore.
Speaker 6: Got in your head.
Speaker 2: The letters game got in your head.
Speaker 1: The mental part of this game.
Speaker 5: I see, I see, I'm playing just they're just non masterlink game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna have to check my vitamins. I did change the vitamins. You definitely from sent from silver to some other women's over fifty.
Speaker 2: It's a great feeling. Takes the same I do.
Speaker 6: I take women over fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he goes to Talbot's.
Speaker 6: I'm a mastermind.
Speaker 2: He loves Talbots. How did you name the book?
Speaker 1: Well, so the main bad guy there, Tim Omicker, tells everyone his name is Atlas. Except for his taekwondo students. He requires that he's called Master Omaker, and even his girlfriend that he dated after Nikki, after they were living together and dating for a while, she's still called him Master, which is really bizarre. But anyway, I think if you you know the shooting happened, you know he wasn't the shooter because he was inside.
Speaker 2: But was he the mastermind? And he's Master Omicker, So it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of this whole double meaning thing that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that explanation.
Speaker 1: But from now on, by the way, I want you guys to refer to me as Atlas.
Speaker 2: You know, I've officially changed my name Atlas. I was gonna say that was what was yesterday's episode? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Again, So like, that's my favorite part of why we name the podcast, the way that we name him. There's a lot of our listeners see the podcast titled and like, what in the sweet hell is this going to be? And then you sometimes have to wait an hour And somebody tweeted yesterday that they couldn't wait to see what ass blow is going to be and as the person on Twitter said, it did not disappoint. And then a picture on my pho, Yeah, look at this loo photoshopped frosted tips under your photo.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. It looks pretty good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, you look good.
Speaker 3: It was the title of the podcast I haven't listened to yesterday. Was it a Tommy Elson story?
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't. Here.
Speaker 1: What do you say, Chris? You said it like something flow? And I thought he said it was something like, wasn't flow a blow? It's like Jesus clean out your ears? But it wasn't even close to what Chris said, house blow.
Speaker 2: Yep. And that's how we do it.
Speaker 1: So we did.
Speaker 2: That's radio. That's radio. It's really really, really good radio.
Speaker 1: Yep. We nailed it. All right, yeah, this this book looks legit. Man, this looks really good. Yeah, looking forward to it's like a sad story, but uh, you know it has a happy ending and it has it has uplifting moments. So it's not your I mean, obviously the victim survives, right, so it's not you're not leaning towards that horrible conclusion.
Speaker 2: As you start reading. And so I think it's different.
Speaker 1: It's different than a lot of true crime, and I think I approach the stuff differently than you know, some of the true crime people do. Sure, So do you have an idea for book number three or is that still a ways out?
Speaker 2: I have ideas.
Speaker 1: You know, the hardest thing is cooperation with the people you need to write a book and their willingness. And you know, it would be a pr nightmare if I wrote a book about somebody that didn't want it to be done. So you know, that's all part of it. So it's all a bunch of things are just always in the mix.
Speaker 6: You want a real mystery.
Speaker 5: I just got the letter from Emily that we all got about celebrating April anniversaries for working at the company. How did I last twenty nine years at this tinto twenty nine years this year April sixteenth nine.
Speaker 6: How about that?
Speaker 4: Jesus wait yikes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, times a lot. So you know all the ninety stuff comes back? When are frosted tips coming back? And also Pukachell necklace because they go really well? Man, Yeah, for sure, I'm ready for some parachute pants.
Speaker 6: Mine still fit. I'm ready. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Just me just hogs Barnie flashbacks to guys with frosted tips, puka.
Speaker 2: Shells and parachute pants. Absolutely, the Dakotas. That was the Dakotas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, back it down, Mary.
Speaker 1: Thanks Lou, thanks so much again, guys, thanks for coming in. That was good, did well. Thank you can see him on Carol Leven. When when can people on a regular basis see you? Or is it just based on what you're covering? It is? But most of the time weekdays at six is when you can see me on there. But I'm on all the social media's too, I'm.
Speaker 6: With all the time. Forget and I listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, alright, thanks Lou, Thanks, Thanks Martin's TV.
Speaker 3: When Okay, Sunday Wolves Home back back at Home, Charlotte Hornets love it.
Speaker 6: They got to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Fun in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Thanks boys, I'm gonna see you next week.
Speaker 6: Have fine.
Speaker 1: You's the biggest, your lucky bastard. Go dang it.
Speaker 2: Alright.
Speaker 1: Nine to noon is next to Power Trip returns five thirty to nine on Monday. See them.
Speaker 6: Today, have a great trip, enjoy your weekend. Bye everybody.
Speaker 1: Love