Speaker 1: You can't Rollerskate in a buffalo heard.
Speaker 2: Mawana sinks at the box office. I mean nonmus Did Reida Richards break his legs to grow six inches only to develop elastic stretchy powers?
Speaker 1: Free his Willie?
Speaker 2: Just free this Willie. That's all right, Linda Cardellini, you can murder me all of that and so much more. Hair on it news dump mac Tony Reality A bunch of texts after last episode. He wanted to let us know that figure it out. The television show. I said that Josh Server was on a ton of episodes. Turns out not as many as I thought.
Speaker 1: I don't think you said Josh Shiran I did.
Speaker 2: I said, Josh Server and Keenan Thompson a lot of episodes. We need to say this right now. Danny Tamborelli was the lead dog, just behind Lori Beth Dimberg. So Dinburg did multiple seasons. TAMBERLINI did just the first one. Oh really, yeah, okay, one of the top ones at least when we used to watch. I feel like it might have either come back or it stretched out. Was Amanda Bynes did a lot of episodes. I do remember that Keenan Thompson not that many, only sixteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he just he went to the studio for one day.
Speaker 2: For one day, and he's like, I'll do as many as I can right now, and then I'm going I'm going to do some more good Burger.
Speaker 1: Because it used to be like two or three figure it out as an episode, right, it was either ten or fifteen minutes per figure it out.
Speaker 2: Joshua can eat a whole watermelon in one city. And the guy that I was thinking of was Kevin Koplow, I believe.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that.
Speaker 2: Was the guy from all that with the big ear of corn, got it. He was the pseudo producer. And then Tony really also wanted to let us know because I compared you to a Kodiak bear correct when climbing trees. Apparently Kodiak bears very clumsy climbers. All right, they can do it, It's not great, which that might describe you, does it?
Speaker 1: I don't you know, I haven't climbed that tried to climb a tree. I don't know since I was like maybe fifteen, I have no idea when the last time was that I tried to climb a tree or anything for that matter.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with Jeff Santos fell out of another tree. That might be where the cutoff is. You were a great climber, as Santo so once Macnamara CoDIAK bear.
Speaker 1: I think that was sixth grade or seventh grade, so one or two. Ever since nine to eleven happened, I've just been afraid to climb things.
Speaker 2: Jesus, all right, let's get into maybe this guy's afraid to climb in front of a buffalo.
Speaker 1: You see this, mac, Yeah, good transition. Good.
Speaker 2: This fella here is an old man. I thought for a second it was a clip from Jackass five, But was a guy in Yellowstone who was just standing there got too close to a buffalo flung up about nine feet in the air.
Speaker 1: He wasn't that close. He was close close.
Speaker 2: Well I Google it says stay twenty five to one hundred yards away. He was in that.
Speaker 1: No, they were like fifty yards away from this fucking thing. And this thing said, you know what, I'm gonna have some fun today. Charged this old man and his granddaughter got the fuck out of dodge. This old man was like he was stuck in a cartoon. First of all, he had plenty of tree coverage, plenty of time to, you know, evaluate the threat coming at him. And what he did was like throw his hands up in the air and like bun in place. He got big and then he just like scidattled to the left of the trees instead of just going behind the trees behind him and just playing ring around the rosie. If you play ring around a rosie with the animal that big, it can't catch it doesn't have claws. But a fucking moron.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says here, never run and seek shelter behind behind a tree or a vehicle.
Speaker 1: I had it, I knew it.
Speaker 2: Also, watch for warnings. I don't think he was doing that because that buffalo was like, I'm going to run into something.
Speaker 1: Also, now I can't claim that I would get flipped through the air better than most people, but this man cut flipped through the air and immediately lost all sensations in his limbs, had no idea how to move his body. He just went He turned into wacky inflatable man.
Speaker 2: Also says there, leash your dog. Yes, yeah, I guess that's good advice for any times news don't terrible news. Mac sam Neil has passed away at the age of seventy eight. The cause of death not yet revealed, but he did let us know of lymphoma three years ago, but then he was cancer free as of last year. He told us, as we would all know, children of the nineties, You and I Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: Jurassic Park. That's what I know him for. I honestly I know I've seen him in other things.
Speaker 2: Key blinders couldn't name it.
Speaker 1: Didn't never watch that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, he's been in a bunch of things. But I'm look, he's always gonna be forever, Doctor Alan Grant, you're dying. He doesn't get enough credit. Everyone wants to give credit to the dinosaurs. Yes, the movie does star dinosaurs. But that first scene where doctor Alan Grant and learned see the dinosaurs, and just the wonderment that's on his face and the way that he because he's such a cool and collected character up until this point, and there's the weird way that he takes his aviators off, like a stumbling fool who has a buffalo running at him.
Speaker 1: He's like, goo, here you go, Mount rushmore of guys at Midehat's cool. Uh, Indiana Jones, Doctor Alan Grant.
Speaker 2: M jay Z, Police Chief Willie Gross. Okay, you know the hat I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Here's four right now.
Speaker 2: Well, you know that Spielberg actually offered the role of Alan Grant to Harrison Ford. First, it makes a lot of sense, but then Ford's like, I got a bunch of other stuff, and He's like, I don't see the vision of a Spielberg dinosaur movie. What Like, that's the most insane thing to turn down the biggest slam dunk of all time.
Speaker 1: Ohthough, to be fair, more often than not, dressed spark movies have been bad.
Speaker 2: But the first one. Though, When you hear that Steven Spielberg is adapting a movie about a theme park where dinosaurs are alive, what do you think the hit rate is?
Speaker 1: I think Harrison Ford belichicked it. He traded a guy a year early instead of being stuck with a guy a year late. So yeah, Spielberg gave us a couple more which rational park and whatnot. But he bought, he got, he sold a stock high. Still you know, still got paid up.
Speaker 2: Also, send us your hat. That's it to send us your hat news. Depe over at the box office this past weekend. Mowana. It was freshly released to the audience. This was a live action I'm gonna put that in quotes because most of it is CGI. It is a retelling, not even a retelling. It's the exact same movie that came out in twenty sixteen, and the crowd said, we've seen this, we don't need to see it again. It made forty three million dollars on a production budget of two hundred and fifty million dollars, after the original projections were around eighty, then sixty, and they're like forty.
Speaker 1: No one asked for this, no one wanted this. However, it feels like there is a lot of feelings towards other movies being taken out upon Moana, because, for example, Goo the Lion King was essentially a one for one. People didn't love that, but I didn't get killed the way this is getting killed. There's some pretty good discourse online about How to Train Your Dragon and how that's a one for one remake roughly too, and how people loved that and don't like this. I will say this movie came out too recently to make a live action.
Speaker 2: Especially when the sequel just came out too, and they're making a third movie. And part of the discourse.
Speaker 1: Has become the fact that none of those have improved upon the original. I would argue Aladdin might have, but none of them really have. So it just keeps coming out that you're like, okay again, nothing new again, money grab and so now it seems like folks finally have taken a stance against the Disney money grabs and they're like, please, please stop doing this.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Disney, Toy Story five came in at third at eighteen and a half million dollars, just behind Minions and Monsters at twenty and a half million in its second weekend. Ebel dead Burn thirteen point seven million, and it's fourth. I'm sorry it came in fourth in its first weekend. Young Washington Mac that's in his queue at about six and a half million dollars in its second weekend and in its first weekend in the wide release of People the Invite, directed by Olivia Wilde starring Olivia wild five and a half million dollars, the a twenty four movie, and it is crushing it on Roddy teas.
Speaker 1: You managing Monsters, I'll see it in a few weeks. Toy Story five, I've finally seen and big market tease. From my feelings on that movie was wasn't this supposed to be fun? Weren't we supposed to have fun?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Feel Evil den Burn, all.
Speaker 2: Hold up a pull up. You don't think horses are fun? That was pretty into.
Speaker 1: Those horse girls are fun, Evil dead Burn, I'd probably never see. Young Washington is somehow the perfect combination of Larry David Bitt and Hamilton The Invite I will see probably this week.
Speaker 2: And then just a couple other news here pieces of news from the box office. Michael becomes the first ever biopick to make one billion dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think, what would you consider the best biopick.
Speaker 2: It's probably Oppenheimer. Yeah, it just passed Oppenheimer.
Speaker 1: And okay, Oppenheimer didn't make a Billy.
Speaker 2: Oppa Peimer Apollo. Nah, So I would say that straight out of Compton. If we're looking at music biopicks, that's a really good one. I love the music biopick parody of Dewey Cox. That has taken the piss out of all of these music biopicks. Ye are recounting corporate dramedies. That's kind of a biopeck.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm married to talk about I realized I don't care about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stop asking me questions you don't answers. Still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 2: I've realized I've made a mistake. And then all is with the box office. Obsession is now the highest grossing original horror movie of this century? Mac, what century are we in?
Speaker 1: We are in the twenty first century?
Speaker 2: Goo, you're right because it goes back zero to one.
Speaker 1: Hundred was the first century?
Speaker 2: Four hundred and twenty three million dollars. I guess they must have broken a one wish willow for that one? Am I right?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hey? Oh, news don't great news for Mac? The one hundredth Primetime Emmys. I didn't write a number down. I don't guess about that. How long has television been around? For the forty seventh Primetime Emmys? His show The Pit is in a pit of award nominations, twenty five, the most on the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, The Pit is great. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it. I binged season one and like, I don't know, week and a half got caught up to season two to catch up to the finale. It's a great show. It's a great hospital room drama. They build characters out. They have some interesting medical cases, it's highly intriguing. More importantly, the show that I texted you about the other day, Widow's Bay, has the third most nominations, And a little note about this one gou because of the timing of the show and the nomination process, their nominations came prior to the final three episodes of the season, which makes this all the more impressive. They had nineteen to the Pits, twenty five hacks at twenty four and I'm just gonna sell you on Widows Bay.
Speaker 2: They don't have to sell me anymore.
Speaker 1: And anyone else that hasn't seen I know Dork did an episode a couple of weeks ago. The show is from writer Katie Dippold, who was the writer on Parks and Recreation, and it's a horror comedy on Apple TV Plus. And you can see you can sort of see where she makes the leap from Parks Direct to this show. It's fucking as far as horror comedy goes, there's a lot of attempts at it, it very rarely succeeds. This is fucking phenomen.
Speaker 2: Is it better or worse than Dale and Tucker versus Meedle?
Speaker 1: It's better.
Speaker 2: I don't say that don't say that. Oh. I was already sold on it because in Conan's last podcast with Danny McBride, neither of them worked on this show, and they talked about it for about three minutes.
Speaker 1: It's really good, and there's two or three characters that make you laugh at everything they do, and it's legit good horror as well.
Speaker 2: Now, so this has nothing to do with it. One of the stories that Danny McBride told was he was working on Halloween and when you are doing a comedy, if someone pitches you a joke, you're like, oh, that's pretty funny, cool, let's add it to the script. But when you're working on a horror movie and you're like, oh, what should we have Michael Myers do right now? And someone from the crowd's like, have them drop some teeth, you go, that's a great idea. Keep an eye on that fucker. It is done. We go on a trailer for Dune three, Robert Patten said he wants to kill Paula Trades, but Florence Pugh says, that's a death wish.
Speaker 1: I missed a skew.
Speaker 2: This was last Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, I thought you meant a new one.
Speaker 2: No, is the one from why would they put out two in a week.
Speaker 1: I don't know. People do things.
Speaker 2: We haven't dumped since last week. You haven't dumped in a month, three weeks. Let's point out you been.
Speaker 1: You've been dropping teeth, living my best life.
Speaker 2: Gu Zendasia, that's what I wrote here in the thing.
Speaker 1: By accident, zeng Daya, you've got here. You've turned her into an Asian woman.
Speaker 2: I have no idea how that happened. But Zendeya, she's pissed in this trailer. She's like, you said you weren't gonna do this, and you did it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's been weird with me. Goo. I watched this trailer and I was like, yeah, all right, I don't need to see anymore. This is where I'm at with Dune three. You know, it's like it's hard to get jacked up for it, similar to The Odyssey, which we're gonna see tonight.
Speaker 2: Like I'm already sold.
Speaker 1: You gave me like seven seconds. I'm sold. I want to see it.
Speaker 2: He speaking of the honesty, Robert Pattinson on why he loves playing villains and movies, he said, I like lowering people's expectations. That's kind of what I do constantly. That's always my favorite. That's always my place to be under cell and over deliver. That's my motto. That's not even about being a villain, that's just about life.
Speaker 1: That's a dating profile for yeah, say yeah, that's that's Patent's hinge profile right there.
Speaker 2: There's no but our first trailer for Digger today. This is the Tom Cruise. You might not know it when looking at the trailer, but yes, that is Tom Cruise. He's all prosthetic up. It looks like an old man.
Speaker 1: This is from Alaha and John Goodman. Also in this.
Speaker 2: John Goodman, I so first of I didn't realize the cast that was in this because this cast with Razamed, I'm sorry Rizamed, Sandra Huler and Jesse Plemmons. And the little punches that Goodman gives in this trailer hilarious.
Speaker 1: It's also I think we're at the point where most of us, specially you and I, when you see plements pop up, you're like, yes, all right, I know we got a good one.
Speaker 2: Also in credit, maybe we just do a whole podcast on this. John Goodman is so good at swearing.
Speaker 1: He's great at swearing.
Speaker 2: He's so good at sweating and.
Speaker 1: You know what I like now. I mean, he's so selective in what he does. You don't see John Goodman in anything anymore. So when he takes a roll, you know it's a fucking banger.
Speaker 2: But also back to Tom Cruise, I think this is gonna be really really funny.
Speaker 1: I hope so.
Speaker 2: Also, and you're not too. He's won two Oscars for Best Director?
Speaker 1: Did the win for Birdman?
Speaker 2: I saw that he is four? Okay, so I think it's two for Best Picture and two for director.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it?
Speaker 2: But yes, I would be Birdman was.
Speaker 1: Awarded Best Director for Birdman and the same award a year later for The Revenant. What a bang bang.
Speaker 2: Bang bang bang bang. Speaking of bang bang, that's what Tom cruiseys at the end of this trailer. Bet you get to give him the truth? Bang bang bang bang bang news doop.
Speaker 1: Mac.
Speaker 2: Do you see this concept art for the Avengers characters that we got over the weekends.
Speaker 1: I don't know why everyone's losing their mind over this fucking thing, because this concept art was used as a piece or as a part of the pitch, you know, as a part of to build out this movie. Like three years ago.
Speaker 2: You can see why I lost my mind, right I go. I mean, you have right in the middle of it. It's the materialists, Chris Evans, Pedro Pascal, and then I'm gonna assume behind that mask Dakota.
Speaker 1: Johnson, Madam Webb is doctor Doom.
Speaker 2: Look, we don't know whose face is behind this mask. No, we've never been It could be anybody. It could be a boat, it could be Dakota Johnson.
Speaker 1: People are like actually getting mad at this X Men lineup. I mean, we're getting Nightcrawler, We're getting Gambit, We're getting Xavier, getting Magneto. You're getting Rebecca Romain back his mistique. I don't really know. We're getting the CGI Kelsey Grammar. I don't know what these fu.
Speaker 2: Like that is funny. We're getting Cegi Kelly.
Speaker 1: And again this is concept of for probably two or three years ago. Things have changed.
Speaker 2: We couldn't physically get him to the sound stage, but we have CGI Kelsey.
Speaker 1: An improvement on Kelsey Grammar. I'm all for the Fraser reboot as long as Kelsey Grammar's CGI the whole time.
Speaker 2: Also, there was a rumor out there that Patrick Stewart was going to retire, and he's like, I'm always an actor and forever be an actor.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's not gonna retire more so, he's just gonna perish. He's just gonna cease to exist. One day.
Speaker 2: I could see him maybe like not doing movies anymore. But he's always gonna be in plays and shit. Right, he seems like someone that's always going to be in plays and shit.
Speaker 1: Do you think that inevitably when he has a wheelchair bound it's gonna be feel at home for him? Since he shot seventeen movies like that.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, not to talk about X Men ninety seven, but that line from Apocalypse to Xavier, Oh Jesus Man, not show so good. I told you last year. I'm like, hey, forty hot dogs and there's no coming down from this. I'm on the right side of history.
Speaker 1: I said, this is building to something even better.
Speaker 2: No, you said, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: You couldn't even contain yourself mid impression.
Speaker 2: Do you have nothing else to said? I was trump card Fig said it's assembling heroes that might not get along and forcing them to do what's best for the world. That sounds like every other Avengers movie. I'm crying right now. People keep and I talk about this a lot. When I grill, I get a very very teary eyed yeah. And they were concerned about me yesterday. They're like, are you okay? I'm like I was thrilling. Sorry, yeah, like my eyes were soaked red, just disgusting.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I've lost I can't eat dinner because because of the Lindsay Grown.
Speaker 2: News time, Mac did you say this? Did you hear about this over on the Joshua Horowitz podcast? I don't know where he told it. He is a podcast, right, Joshua Horowitz. By the way, Lynn Manuel Miranda confirmed that he turned down playing Vulture in Spider Man Homecoming, and thank god he said I would have been miscast.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if I believe him. I believe the fact that maybe he read for a second time or they were considering him. But after like, if you watched Michael Keaton do one scene as Adrian Tombs, You're like, this is this is the Vulture? Right?
Speaker 2: Maybe that's my issue is that I'm picturing him trying to do what Keaton did, where I'm assuming that what Keaton did is he took the scrip, is like I'm gonna do it like this, I.
Speaker 1: Get the idea of like, all right, Lynn Manuel Miranders getting New York roats roots.
Speaker 2: This is originally the Vulture was supposed to sing a lot.
Speaker 1: This is like tied into the fallout of the original Avengers movie. So I get maybe why they were tossing him around for an idea. But he's a little guy. He's a little man, he's a little sweet.
Speaker 2: I could see Spider Man just getting a noise, like, stop sing rapping at me.
Speaker 1: This just doesn't seem like it was ever really a thing.
Speaker 2: Said let's see here. I love these movies, but I would really like to stay married, so I cannot do this. And I mean, god, that would have been terrible news. Dont mat you see this? You hear about this? Willy about to jump over that rock again. I assume I don't know how they're gonna free him this time, but we're getting a reboot of the nineteen ninety three classic Free Willy. This is from Warner Brothers and the Joe Russo production company AGBO writers and so the writers are funny because I was doing this as a news story at work. So Jade Hallie Bartlett easy to say, the other writer on this, I could not figure out how to say her last name, and I'm like, I'm gonna skip. Who's writing this. It's spelled the last name. It's Mary Margaret k u n z E.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say Coons.
Speaker 2: I was like, is it coons? And then Google's like, it's conns cos I'm not saying cuns because also a Z might be cunzie. No, probably not. You don't know where they're from.
Speaker 1: Cude, give me your best forworduh representation of Agbo Joe Russ a Gbo. I've got Avengers, go butts out.
Speaker 2: Oh man, they should keep that. Algebra Goggles by Centennial Ordeal.
Speaker 1: So you've got algebra. Goth Girls by Certanio.
Speaker 2: Go Girls, Thank you, Goth Girls. Inside I said goggles at first, I said, no, Goth Girls is better. I need to stick by this movie.
Speaker 1: I mean you. You narrowly did an emergency podcast over the announcement of a.
Speaker 2: News but also in our episode it might be episode like twenty six or twenty seven, so a long ass time ago, the episode was called something stupid like movies Rotten Tomatoes Got Wrong and Free Willy is in the forties or the fifties. It's not like a crazy low one. But then I said, this does feel like a movie where it's a good concept, but I don't know if it's executed perfectly, and they should remake this. Wow, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. This is gonna win when what who's it against?
Speaker 1: Free Willy? The remake Willie versus dolphins?
Speaker 2: How are they so Willy is a dolphin? But also how are they gonna how are they gonna free Willy? He's not a porpoise, He's a dolphin.
Speaker 1: Aren't dolphins porpoises?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I think all dolphins are porpoises.
Speaker 2: Dolphins are not porpoise. They're all a part of this same mammal family. Whales, dolphins porpoise, but dolphins porpoises. I feel like you're doing this on porpoise because we've talked about this several times.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm just read. I didn't want to read out loud to the folks, so I'm not sure I have the correct information. Okay. Porpoises are distinguished from dolphins by their flattened, spade shaped teeth, distinct from the conical teeth of dolphins, lack of pronounced a peat.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the orca is the biggest dolphin. Actually, if that's what they can do in this movie is to let the public know that the orca is not a whale. Job well done.
Speaker 1: Do you think we could have started a movement to officially name it killer dolphins at a killer whale?
Speaker 2: Well then, okay, we are not getting into that dolphins. It's bad. It's a beatles. Get rid of the word killer. We don't need killer. Although I will say Orca's apex predator in the ocean.
Speaker 1: Orcas would have killed Elian Gonzalez.
Speaker 2: No, if they're ocean orcas, I don't think so. If they are in like an aquarium like say so that is that is the reason why Willy needs to be freed in this movie. It needs to be because he has murdered several people. Yeah, they need to blackfish this, sure, sure, sure they're not gonna bet they make it woke. Yeah. Classic, Although looking at the other movie, it was also that's what the movie was. It was an activist movie. Where's that kid right now? Great question, isn't the same kid from Shazam?
Speaker 1: That's actually a good question.
Speaker 2: Look that up real quick and google it like this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just google free Willy.
Speaker 2: Free Willy, equals Shazam Jesse.
Speaker 1: James Richter played Jesse. That must have been easy for him. He's forty six years old right now. Goo uh huh. Believe it or not, he was in Free Willy two and Free Willy three, the never ending story Cops and Robertsons. Isn't something called laser Hawk that sounds sick?
Speaker 2: Laser Hawk does sound sick.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's the same kid.
Speaker 2: I don't think so either. That would be your first two in your filmography, right there.
Speaker 1: Jesse James Richter is still acting? How about that?
Speaker 2: Oh? Hell yeah? Is he Andy Richter's son?
Speaker 1: I don't think Andy Richter pro creator? Oh?
Speaker 2: Is he Mike Richtor's son?
Speaker 1: He's probably not Mike Richter's son. No.
Speaker 2: Hall of Fame NHL was.
Speaker 1: Still acting as of two years ago. How about that?
Speaker 2: Good for him? Do you think he'll be in the new Free Willie?
Speaker 1: I bet so. I bet he is. I bet he's the evil guy in the new Free Willy.
Speaker 2: You think he's going to be a part of the corporation trying to kill Willie?
Speaker 1: Did you see goo that? In the new Carry series being created by or made by Mike Flanagan Sissy Spasic is playing Carry's mother. Real full circle moment right there.
Speaker 2: But what was I? Oh, you know this movie is definitely going to be lacking Michael Jackson theme music. Yeah, that was something. I don't know if it was a good song, but it was definitely an earworm. Hold me like the River of Jordan. You know that when I was a kid. This is a sick brag. You ready for this? My family had two VHS copies of Free Willy.
Speaker 1: I don't know. This is a full Free Willy filibuster right now?
Speaker 2: You said we need to stretch this The reason why, I'll explain it to you real quick. So we already had Free Willie, and then from for my brother's birthday, someone gave him another copy, and before my parents could take it from he opened.
Speaker 1: It immediately plummeted the value two free Willies.
Speaker 2: Well, store is not going to take it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, the valued collector's item.
Speaker 2: He's done. You got details from the scrapped sequel script for Monsters, Inc. Two In the movie, Mike gets married, doesn't say to who, Sully is promoted, doesn't say to what, and an older Boo would appear.
Speaker 1: Here's so I know Disney is not doing Pixar live action remix.
Speaker 2: Right, don't do it.
Speaker 1: They should focus on more stuff like this.
Speaker 2: You want this?
Speaker 1: This is better than a live action Milata?
Speaker 2: Well it is, But I so the first Monsters inc. Hear me out classic. Yeah, I'm gonna to say it. I know you weren't. I didn't like the sequel.
Speaker 1: Could you call Masters You the worst Pixar movie.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is.
Speaker 1: Could you?
Speaker 2: Yes? But only in concept.
Speaker 1: It ruins the lore of some of the things that happening.
Speaker 2: The idea of sending them back to college, especially when it's not a rated R comedy, is fucking stupid.
Speaker 1: Right, you should want to see Mike and Celly fucking around in college.
Speaker 2: What else are they going to do in college?
Speaker 1: Here's who I would have wrote that script. Go ahead, Mike, larger hog than Sully. And that's predominantly what the whole movie is about.
Speaker 2: Just them complaining. It would be it'd be Mike constantly complaining that Sully's hog is bigger than his. All right, that's not a bad movie, I guess. And also I don't want an older Boo. Sure it's done. Oh get me going. Pamela vorhis man got a first teaser trailer for the prequel series of Friday the Thirteenth, starring the Cardellini. This is coming to Peacock making my Peacock on October fifteenth.
Speaker 1: October fifteenth. It's called Crystal Lake. Like you mentioned, Linda CARLINI is Pamela Vorhees. Now, if Pamela Vorhees didn't already get you going with her sweater puppies, I'll tell you right now, Linda Carline is gonna do it for you, for all of.
Speaker 2: Us, dear Lord, I'm in on this very much.
Speaker 1: So yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: I did just watch a YouTube video essay about the holder the rights holders. There we go of Friday the Thirteenth, And how I think this is owned by the original writer of the first movie because he doesn't have the rights to Jason, but he has the rights to Pamela Vorhees because he only wrote that first movie. Yeah, and he has nothing to do with the creation of the monster Jason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just see like a fifteen year old Jason at the end, right, which maybe doesn't qualify as the actual character. So I never I didn't know anything like that.
Speaker 2: And then also I don't think that the writer of the movie wrote that ending like that ending was added like way after and then he also didn't write one of the scenes with like a cop pulling them over, so at the beginning he had nothing to do with Jason. Yeah, news depe Mac tell us this entire Spaceball's plot.
Speaker 1: Somehow, Dark Helmet has returned forty years after the events of the first space Balls, fifty years after the events of Star Wars a new Hope, and one year after the events of the Devilwares product too, the galaxies once again under threat, a threat so evil, so unstoppable, so completely lacking any original ideas, that it has vowed to bring back the past, every last bit of it. With Lone Star and hiding Queen Vespa on the throne and the Schwartz stretched thinner than a franchise releasing TV episodes theatrically, the only hope for the galaxy is Vespa's undisciplined son, Prince Starburst, and a mysterious palace advisor named Destiny. Together they must find Lone Star, Yogurt, and any other iconic legacy characters fans are demanding before they discover the hard way that while some threats you can fight. The reboot is not one of them.
Speaker 2: News dep All right, check us out. At the end of the week, we will be doing the Odyssey. Yes, yes, yes, And you know what I bet they find in that sea, Free Willy.
Speaker 1: There's a tie of it.
Speaker 2: We'll be talking all about Free Willy on Friday.
Speaker 1: What do you have it for dinner tonight? In the theater?
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna be able to get out of here and probably eat before getting into the theater. I am. I'm probably gonna be getting half A's. That's usually where I get my burrito. But I'm not really into burritos right now. I'm more of a bowl boy because with the bowl you get more stuff on it.
Speaker 1: You ever consider putting popcorn in the bowl?
Speaker 2: Popcorn in my taco? Bawl?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have not, all right. I do have a rule with my wife though, is that if we order chips at the restaurant, we're not getting popcorn. You get one or the other.
Speaker 1: It's fair.
Speaker 2: Can't be out there from chips and popcorn. What is this?
Speaker 1: As much as I love buttery popcorn, chips and quack.
Speaker 2: I don't think we talk enough about how good tortilla chips are.
Speaker 1: A warm tortilla chip, freshly made tortilla chip with some flaky salt. Can't beat it.
Speaker 2: I think you could argue that's my kryptonite, is that if I eat one tortilla chip, the end of me, I'm gonna eat them all. Yeah, I can't be stopped. Yes, that's with guawk, that's with salsa, that's with piccatagaio. That's also salsa. That is with by itself naked.
Speaker 1: If you will, underrated one of the best items at Chipotle Goo. And I'm not saying it's on that level, but the corn salsa at Chippotle is quite good.
Speaker 2: It might just be a chip thing with me. I love chips. I love chips so much like chips, nice cattle cook a ruffle, a non ruffle, those are just called regular chips. I like crunching stuff. Do I like crunching over the flavor?
Speaker 1: Have you ever had Trader Jose's pickle chips? No, go on strong they they're they're in the style of a cape cod chip with not a heavy pickle flavor, light pickle.
Speaker 2: Flavors, and a dil with salt. Yet is it a sour or is it like a sweet bread? And butter. Not neither of those two good bread and butter is terrible.
Speaker 1: I don't mind them. I agree, I agree that there's inferior to the regular pickle, but I don't mind them.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna draft pickles?
Speaker 1: There's only like three flavors.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a short draft and whoever it gets the top one. There's nothing better than going to a deli, going to Joe's Variety and give me two of those pickles in the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take two fucking picks.
Speaker 2: Basically, then you sit outside and you have a nice refreshing pickle.
Speaker 1: You get two. You can have one as an appetizer and a dessert.
Speaker 2: All right. Check us out at the end of the week. News Dube