Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. The Dodgers are back home, and it's great to be with my guy, Taoscar Hernandez, who had a very good road trip. The smile was bright and he got to reunite with some of his Blue Jays friends and let him know who the hefe is and that's ta Oscar Hernandez. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Thank you man, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: How was it to be back in Toronto? I saw you and Vladdie Junior. I mean, you guys spent a lot of time over the years and during this offseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's always, you know, good to be back there. The Citi Defense, the team. It's really good memories in my career, real people that I met over there over the years, and people that took care of me and my family when I start getting my kids and all of the things outside of the of the few, you know, it's anything about love or the city in Toronto, the fans and the organization.
Speaker 1: I was keeping track of you this offseason on your Instagram. I saw you in Vlattie working out a lot together in Florida. How much did you push each other to get ready for this season.
Speaker 2: I mean it's something that we've been doing for a lot of years now, since he got to the big leagues. When he moved to Tampa for the first time, we started to train together in that time we played together in Toronto. You know, we do that so we can at the same time we work, we have fun. Like you say, we push each other to the max or even more of that, and you know it just like day by day trying to help each other and just trying to get better together.
Speaker 1: Was it awkward for you this year after beating the Blue Jayson the World Series? When did you bring up the World Series? Did you give it a couple of days or right away you said, hey, we got you.
Speaker 2: And then it was as soon as we land in Toronto, you know, the memories start coming back. When I get to the hotel, it feels like I was there two weeks before. But you know it was it was a great series. It was a great World Series. Good memories.
Speaker 1: How about when you were in Florida with Laddie working out, did you bring it up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We we We had our moments. Uh, we have fun. I yoke around a little bit with Bladdy and his family, you know, back and forward, but not think nothing serious. We know it's it's it's a business, it's what we do and at the end of the day, somebody has to lose and somebody has to win. So but no doubt he's going to have more chance in the future. He's a great player. I think he's one of the superstar of the lee. And you know, the organization is really good, so it's not going to be a surprise for anybody if they come back this year too.
Speaker 1: Ti Oscar Hernandez is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Rangers. Ti Oscar, I noticed your elbow guard was different than it was last year. What is this new elbow guard and who are you honoring?
Speaker 2: I did it for my kid, my older kid. He's in the under respect the spectrum for the autism. This year, I tried to do something different, something for him. Uh and for the rest of the people around the world that are dealing with that. You know, a lot of things life. I think it gets a little hard sometimes, but I think the much that we talk about, the easier it will be for those families and parents with kids under the spectrum and it was something that I did for my boy and for the rest of the persons, kids, adults that are dealing with that too.
Speaker 1: I guess it makes people feel that they're not alone. The parents are not alone, and the kids are not alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you're just trying to give a little bit of support from here to anywhere. The people see it, and hopefully they can notice and know that I'm doing that for my son and for the rest of the people.
Speaker 1: I guess you have a guy in this clubhouse, r J Pete. That's a shining example of what you can do with your life, even being on the spectrum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you know. Rja is awesome. Everybody love him. I'm really glad that he's around us, around me, and so I can learn more about about it and I can help my kid to deal with it in life and help other people.
Speaker 1: So there's a reason why God chose the Hernandez family in tioscar Hernandez, you're a special person and it's great that you're shining a light on autism awareness. So thank you for the time, and you know we all love you and your family.
Speaker 2: Thank you appreciate it well. Sir