Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now.
Speaker 2: It is Friday, June fifth, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Lots to get to today, from.
Speaker 2: A drama Friday show to a wild boomer attacks, some kids going fishing, and the shocking ending to the stolen Lego story, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam more Sea Lan is here.
Speaker 1: With us? What that and so are you?
Speaker 2: You can join us on the show today, send us a dispatch over at thenewschunky dot com or from the News.
Speaker 1: Junkie app right now.
Speaker 2: You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv Slash the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Your message is rolling a right to the studio at a real.
Speaker 2: Time and there's never ever, ever, ever happens friends happen. Well, I'm just double checking. Hang on, let me make sure we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a.
Speaker 2: Last minute message. It would appear. Let's see where this is from. It's a last minute message from that squirrel feeding lady with the two by four.
Speaker 1: Let's see what she said. Wait, Friday, we did it over.
Speaker 2: We made it to a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday has arrived. Patch yourself on the back. Feel good about what she've done.
Speaker 1: You put in hours.
Speaker 2: We've hung out, we've laughed, We've talked about all things viral. We spent an ordinate amount of time on a stolen lego collection.
Speaker 1: That is true, that is correct, A lot a lot of time, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So we will continue on today. How's everybody doing on a Friday?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Very good? How are you good? Yeah, I'm just wondering. I was wondering if you're gonna ask me? You know, sometimes it's nice to, you know, ask back. We always ask you. I I just wanted to make sure what's gonna happen today. I don't need to start off with the fight here or anything.
Speaker 1: What if I don't care? Wow?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I knew that was in the cards. Possibly, I knew that was a potentiality.
Speaker 3: You get a couple couple slips and bush light, apple and this guy and he's spicy.
Speaker 2: You're drinking bush light before the show jar delicious. Oh my god, he's got a little glass of bush light over there. Bush drinking behind the microphone. Unbelievable, not on precedent, Yes, definitely. All right, let's put.
Speaker 1: All the things we learned not to do in those yearly trainings.
Speaker 2: True, let's put our figures on the pulse to see what's happened to this great, big, wide world of ours. And speaking of Lego people, we go back to the CEO of that bricks and minifigs company because you guys know what a Freudian slip is, right, Yeah, yeah, Freudian slip. Sigmund Freud, famous guy from back in history.
Speaker 1: And uh.
Speaker 2: He said that you know you would accidentally, you would accidentally say things that were really on your mind.
Speaker 1: And this is the CEO of the Lego company.
Speaker 2: That stole that guy's Star Wars Lego collection worth two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Ish, here we go.
Speaker 4: And would I would I like, if I had the chance right now to say, hey, if the company was you know, I had to go under, and you're gonna save a child's life. Guess what, guys, I think we have to let the company go undert that.
Speaker 2: But he said, if the company goes has to go under, we save a child's life. He said, I think we have to let the child And then I think you realized he was about to kill off the child in his statement. We would look if it comes between the company shutting down or letting a child die the child must die.
Speaker 1: Just in case you missed the slip here you.
Speaker 4: Go right what I like if I had the chance right now to say, hey, if the company was you know, I had to go under, and you're gonna save a child's life. Guess what, guys, I think we have to let the comp and you go on.
Speaker 2: Child almost went under those so close ripchild. Yeah, we'll get into more of what happened with this company and just a bit here on the show. And if you don't know anything about it, don't worry, never fret. We'll always tell you what's going on behind the scenes. Another thing I saw which was just so scary to me. Never played a lick of serious hockey in my life, but there was a guy who was out there on the ice playing for I don't know, is this Vegas's team? What they got the Night's helmet on their hockey uniform. That would be Vegas. That's Vegas. Okay, it's Las Vegas. And there's a player who if I'll put.
Speaker 1: This up on see it now, just so you guys can take a peek, because it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: He gets a puck to the mouth. Now, let's do a little bit of research here Sea Lane. How fast are hockey pucks going in the NHL?
Speaker 1: I mean they got to be smoking right, just at least ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least ten miles an hour, If not eleven, we've we've got to be talking about a pretty serious number.
Speaker 3: It really depends on what what the person's doing. But during an NHL or Olympic game, hockey puck's routinely traveled between seventy five and one hundred and five miles an hour.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: The fastest recorded slap shot in NHL history belongs to the dno Chara and astonishing one hundred and eight point eight miles an hour during the twenty twelve All Star Skills competition.
Speaker 1: Easy.
Speaker 2: And as I recall, I think that there's a bit of weight to a hockey puck, Yeah, like a light thing. This hockey player took it right to the mouth right here here. Oh my god, all right, I will bring that back one time for the streamers right.
Speaker 1: Oh and and his mask didn't cover it, so he doesn't have a full face mask. No, No, he's got the mask like down to his nose area.
Speaker 2: And the hockey puck just got this guy right in the damn mouth. Just I mean right in the teeth, just joinked them in the face and the nose too.
Speaker 3: It looks like it might have hit a little bit of the face mask. I don't know how how that hurt him or or helped him at all. It didn't help him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know that he went to the hospital because I see the story on this, which is the details I'll pull up here right now, says puck to the face. Las Vegas Golden Knights defenseman Brayden McNabb was rushed to the hospital and Rally Raleigh on Thursday after taking a slap shot to the face during the Carolina Hurricanes overtime win in Game two of the Stanley Cup Finals. Yeah, this is right in the range you were saying. McNabb was struck on an eighty seven mile per hour shot by Carolina's Nickeolage ethers or Elers midway through the first period.
Speaker 1: Although he has advisor, the puck.
Speaker 2: Managed to sneak underneath his transparent shield, where it struck him in the forehead.
Speaker 1: They say the.
Speaker 2: Six six foot four veteran promptly fell to the ice before scurrying to the bench while holding his nose just unbelievable. Of all of the things I could think of, like a hockey puck to the mouth seems like an absolute nightmare to me.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: We want to see what you have on your mind today, so of course join us on the show.
Speaker 1: Lots of ways to do that.
Speaker 2: One you could do it by sending a dispatch send yours over at the Newsjunkie dot com. It's thenewsjunkie dot com and you can also do it in the news Junkie app. Or if you're maybe a little nervous about getting your voice on the show, I fully understand, you could send an email tips at the news Junkie dot com with any questions, concerns, or thoughts that you have about the show. If you want to be anonymous, just put that on top Tips at the newsjunky dot com.
Speaker 1: Big thank you.
Speaker 2: By the way, right at the tail end of yesterday's show, as the final song was playing, we had Kevin Lincoln Fisher with eleven gifted premium subscriptions to the News Joke.
Speaker 1: Nice shows. Thank you to Kevin. Those all got nabbed up.
Speaker 2: You could get on the bandwagon and on the scoreboard by spreading the word about secret shows to your friends and everybody else, all the folks who are listening here today over on the newsjunky dot com. Okay, excuse me, I have allergies like crazy today and that that calls for at least one to two more Thos sprays. I'm on six right now for the day. Well, these I think the Costco stuff is weaker.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's the same thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's not the it's not the brand name stuff. So I feel like it's a little bit cheaper and a little bit weaker.
Speaker 1: And so I'm up to about six.
Speaker 2: But when I get in that really sweet zone of six to eight, then I don't have to clear my throat at all during the show. And that's really what I'm looking for. That is the destination I'm on my way to today. And it's a Friday, after all, so let's have some fun with things today.
Speaker 1: One more thing for you.
Speaker 2: Oh shoot, I have to put the hockey thing up on see it now, otherwise I'll absolutely forget one more thing that I did want to bring up. You know, I've been chronicling the robot uprising, and definitely we have a salvo fired in this for sure, if you haven't seen this, I will also put this up on see it now during the break. I'm going to be a busy, busy beaver during the break, but this is worth it. Here there was a show it looks to be in Japan. There's a bunch of young kids who maybe Korea.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know where they're from.
Speaker 2: You look and you tell me, Josh, where are these little kids from somewhere Korea?
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know. Seilan has to s there. It is.
Speaker 2: These young kids are watching as a robot is on display and the robots walking down this carpet as they all film, and definitely a salvo fired in the robot versus human war.
Speaker 1: He's dancing, he's moving, he's showing off Ki.
Speaker 2: He kicked the kid right in the chest. This is what's happened. We got violence from robots.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: This robot's wearing like an afro wig and it's dancing in front of this kid and it spin kicks his ass straight in the chest this little guy, and the little kid just wobbles over and falls down and false is this the robot operator like it looked like it had a significant amount of force behind it. The robot kicked his kid so hard that the robot was like, who just started completely falling over? So this is how it starts. Yeah, this is It is Archduke Fransfurt and exactly for historians, that is what started the First World War, all right, and this is the robot war. This is the first kick. The little Asian kid popped right in the chest.
Speaker 1: Again. I'll put both of those because they're visuals up on see it now when.
Speaker 2: We come back. Boy, oh boy, do we have a lot to get into. There's a couple who has released a video online. They're getting a lot of heat for it. You'll find out why. And a police officer is in big trouble and has been fired and arrested for doing something I can't believe.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 2: I might have to come to the defense of this police officer, all right, all right, he pointed a gun at somebody, everybody right down the day. He pointed a gun at somebody's sea land. But wait until you hear the reason why. I'll explain.
Speaker 1: It's coming up next on the news, Chunkie.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to you your dispatches, your emails and all of that.
Speaker 1: Good stuff in a moment.
Speaker 2: But first I'm gonna do something I don't often do, and that is come to the defense of somebody who is in trouble for pointing a gun in another person, in this case a police officer. I'm defending the police officer. What do you already know what this person did? I know where it takes place, So yes, okay, well how do you know where it takes place?
Speaker 1: Just out of curiosity?
Speaker 3: Well, because I need to know stuff that happens in a certain state.
Speaker 2: So you heard me tease this story and you look at it. This isn't from Florida. This is not a Florida story. Yeah, okay, maybe there is a different one.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 2: This is out of South Carolina, where an officer was arrested and fired for allegedly aiming his service weapon at a fellow cop. All right, so this cop gets mad and he takes out his gun and he aims it at another police officer, and he threatens the police officer that he's going to shoot them, I guess, and the cop gets arrested, which I mean, how often does that happen?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: That the police officer ends up in cuffs and getting arrested and fired for doing this. And when I hear that kind of story, I go, well, that's terrible. I'm glad that that police officer has been apprehended. But every once in a while, you hear the rest of the story, as they used to say, and in this case, the rest of the story is everything, because the headline reads cop arrested and fired for allegedly pointing a gun at a fellow officer for microwaving fish at the police station. And I have to tell you it is the cardinal sin. Is it not, like we all know the office microwave. Yes, yes, this is the thing that you know not to do when you're at any sort of workplace. And I guess that's what happened here, says a South Carolina police officer was arrested and fired for allegenedly aiming as service weapon at a fellow cop for microwaving fish in the police station. Michael Debas, forty six, a detective with the Myrtle Beach Police Department, was it with a charge of pointing and presenting a firearm at a person. According to the arrest warrant, the alleged incident involved the debates removing his department issued firearm from its holster while in the briefing room and pointing it at another officer. Then they said the separated employment from the police officers new one usually dislocated. We'll go back to fired everywhere. At some point, we'll go back to fired. It's like homeless. That's why I just stick with hobos because I figured we'll come back around to that after everybody changes the correct term five house. So yeah, now now they're saying separated employment from this police officer. He was placed on administrative leave immediately following the incident, while investigators were hard at work trying to figure out exactly what happened. They said they didn't specify whether his gun was loaded or not. But it seems like they were in like a meeting and all the cops were together and the one cop had make microwave fish in the office, and the other cop pulled the gun on him and pointed it at him.
Speaker 1: And I think they were just joking, But you.
Speaker 2: Know, you can't joke like that with the weapons that these officers have on them. And the police station says the incident does not reflect the values demonstrated by the men and women of Myrtle Beach Police Department every day. However, it does demonstrate our commitment to accountability and our willingness to address conduct that falls short of our standards. But seriously, I mean, everybody knows people are saying punishable by death, that or peeling and eating hard boiled eggs is the biggest sin. Oh, fish is a bigger sin. Fish is a bigger sin because it goes further. But peeling and eating hard boiled eggs. Selan's only defending this because he's done this multiple times in the office.
Speaker 1: I have never peeled a hard boiled egg at this off. There's someone I used to work with every day here that would do that right next to me at least three times. Yeah, that's the one. Oh really, Haley boss Man. And what's worse is someone did microwave fish here one time and the entire fourth floor smelled disgusting for the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: It's bad, it is, yeah, It's it's bad when that happens.
Speaker 3: And I think that I that that day I came in back to my studio and we came back from breaking I was like, somebody just broke the number one rule of the office kitchen and Sean was like, they might go in fish out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like everybody knows. Everybody knows. You don't do this. It doesn't really do a good job at cooking the fish to begin with. It thinks to high helen back, and it's just not allowed. We all though this. This guy knew this. I almost have to defend the police officer a little bit.
Speaker 3: I never think I never peeled any boiled eggs here, but there was a cafe downstairs at one point here that made a meat egg salad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when I was doing like full on keto egg salad is like protein and mayo and no carbs, I was like, just give me that in a cup.
Speaker 1: Just give me a cup of that egg salad. Let's go. God, you guys, I wish you knew more about Sea Lane's eating habits, because he does eat some strange things, especially when he's on those diets.
Speaker 2: Didn't you have like a what was your meat salad? What was that thing? Meat salad?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you have a meat salad.
Speaker 2: Or like a like a bologney salad that you would eat or something?
Speaker 3: Oh, that was something I ate as a kid. Yeah, what was it again? My grandmother called it meat?
Speaker 1: Goo. Me.
Speaker 2: God, I'm sorry I called it meat salad. I elevated it a little bit. Well, it's like ham salad, but you make it with bolooney instead. And that's what you what we always call to growing up. She fed you something that she called meat goo. Yep, okay, all right, Look, I mean there are worse things. I guess somewhere out there's delicious. I would have meat goo right now if I could just get the grinder out. Baby, what's holding you? If you're an adult, what is holding you back? There's a grinder, has so many parts. They're in the garage somewhere. Yeah, meat go. Somebody brings se LANs some meat goo please. So this is a weird Yeah, a very strange ask. And at least two or three globs of meat goo would be perfect so he can get through the show today.
Speaker 1: That's what he's looking for now, and it's it's not gonna do it for you, Josh. You know you wanted the extra. I let us know what you think.
Speaker 2: Send a dispatch over on the website or an email to tips at the newsjunkie dot com. A lot of people emailing about various things. We've talked about this week. Remember, if you want to be anonymous, put that on top of the email. This person says to tips at the news Junkie dot com. When I worked at Saint Louis Sweet Tarts Plant, you worked.
Speaker 1: At the Sweet Yards plant. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: We had a mechanic who would bring in his mother's linguini with clam sauce, with lots of clams and tons of garlic. Then he microwave it way too long. We eventually called it his mother's linguini with stink sauce. And you just know, God, you're not supposed to make it in the office. It's a hundred percent true.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what would would revolutionize things. You know, so many of our daily use gadgets kind of plateau, and they don't you know. The last thing they did to revolutionize the microwave was adding that add thirty seconds button. They add thirty seconds button. That was like the last thing we did. If they could or the sinner. Did they have the spinner when when you were a kid or I thought we always had the center round for a while. Okay, but if they were to either adjust the microwave in some fashion or make some sort of microwaveable gadget that would hold in the fish smell. Yeah, and not you know, nasally offend everybody in your office. I think you could make make a pretty penny there. You could make some cash on that. Over on TJ chat, there was an old guy at the dog track. You used to sit there with his bet sheet with a sardine sandwich.
Speaker 1: Every time I ever went there.
Speaker 2: He's sitting there with that foul ass sandwich, says this person.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: There's I don't know people that routinely eat tin fish, but they sell it all the time. They sell it at gas stations. That's how common it is. People just pick up a can of sardines at the gas station.
Speaker 1: That's popular. Yeah, I like tinfish.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, like, I don't know, you don't see so the thing that you see all the time, but you don't see people like, you know, emptying the shelves of the tined fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's most part with women right now though, Isn't it still like getting the tin of fish and women. I don't know, I just know that they do it. It's like a TikTok thing. It's a social media because they have a brand that's like trendy now fish wife. Yeah yeah, Greg, you act like this some sort of sexist thing that I'm doing, But I believe it's like heavily women who like these tin fish options called fish wife, So they have kind of a name here, and they're doing a lot of TikTok advertising, which tends to be frequented.
Speaker 1: By a lot of women.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you, when I've watched this before, just scrolling through the social media feed, I have seen endless videos of people who are like I got so excited about the videos of people eating these the tin fish, and I got one myself and they were doing a taste test and there's bones hanging out of it and they're ripping this little fish apart, and it's good for you. That's why you pull a gun on somebody else. This is literally what happens in these circumstances.
Speaker 3: So what did they charge the guy with? Because I remember being curious about if I were to go out downtown and punch a cop, I wouldn't get charged with battery. I would get charged with battery on a law enforcement officer. Yeah, if I was a cop and I punched a cop?
Speaker 1: Does that? Does that? Does that? Do they cancel each other out and you just get battery?
Speaker 2: Or do they chargren with pointing and presenting a firearm and repressing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so pointing and presenting a firearm at the person was the actual charge. But all of it started because the guy was pissed off because somebody started microwaving fish in the police department microwave.
Speaker 1: And that'll do it every time.
Speaker 3: I've gotten a lot of bad texts from Pizza Pisenberg, but none more disturbing than this one that says, no worries, Bud, I'm hand whipping you up some meat goo right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank god, it's about time he did something for the show. You too can join in. Send all the meat goo you can muster up to silane back at IHEARTHQ. You don't need to put it in any sort of like plastic receptacle, just wrap it up in like a Saran wrap ball and then deliver it and thank you for that.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you doing that ahead of time.
Speaker 2: Give us your thoughts on what's off limits if you defend this police officer and what he did, or anything else you have on your mind. Set a dispatch on the website or the app, or an email to tips tips at thenewschunki dot com. When we return, somebody who I thought had disappeared for good has pomped back up. A celebrity who I thought was gone forever has resurfaced and they now have a brand new job. And I have to tell you, I wanted to laugh at this person, but they have like this infectious way of delivering this news.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna play it for you.
Speaker 2: You tell me what you think that's coming up next on the News Junkie. Join us on the show with your dispatches and emails over at thenewschunki dot com. Boomers, I'm talking specifically to you right now.
Speaker 1: Love you, right you guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it wasn't for you boomers, what wouldn't we be able to do? I mean, if it wasn't for you boomers, we'd have to struggle with things like cheap houses and all sorts of other terrible problems that we wouldn't want to face. Boomers, I love you. You work hard, You're tough people. You came from tougher times. Everybody now is coddled. They're little whiners. You're great. I got no problem with you, okay, but we have to get something straight. I don't know why so many of you boomers are triggered by young kids fishing. But it has to stop. It needs to stop. I consider here all day on this show and play clip after clip of some situation where a young kid is just trying to fish somewhere and some boomer stumbles upon them and it starts screaming at them and attacking them. I literally see these videos all day long. I'll play one for you at just a second here. But to me, this is so it's so crazy. Of all the things that you could complain about young people doing, this is like the most harmless thing. Oh, they're fishing. They're out there throwing some lures in the water and reeling them in. Like they're not out there crashing cars, probably doing drugs. They're not doing drugs. They're fishing. It's literally the most harmless thing. Why old people are triggered by this. It never ceases to amaze me how many videos there are of this. Since says, does old man Shawn know he's a boomer, you are maybe one of the dumbest chatters. Legitimately, Okay, maybe one of the dumbest chatters around. Everybody Bully sent solution for a little while, please because it's just incredibly stupid chat messages. This guy has been upset because there are some young kids fishing near him, and he explodes. And when I say explodes, I mean brace yourself for this. Let me give you a couple of details before him. A seventy year old man has been charged for this incident. There was a twenty one year old man and some younger friends in Hoping Hopkinson, Massachusetts. Sorry Hopkinson if I got that wrong. Beautiful there, Hopkinson, Massachusetts. Josh loves it there, big fan. According to the Hopkinson police report, this guy, the person who was charged, shouted at a group of young men that it was time to go because they were on this lake and the young kids were just down there fishing. Here's the interaction that followed. And I am telling you, hey, what is going on. Boomer is going after these fishermen, these young kids. You gotta stop this. Here's what went down.
Speaker 1: Time to go, Time to go, Pardipooper. The kids said, you got there and listen to you doing it all day long, and see how you like it. Who you bought a house on the lake. I like this kid already.
Speaker 2: So the guy's complaining about the noise and the kids are fishing, and the kid goes, whoop do you do? You bought a house on a lake. It's just it's part of what happens here, like whata.
Speaker 1: No, you're not you're you see the sign? You see the sign? You see the sign?
Speaker 7: Can you read?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 1: Stop it one time?
Speaker 2: Okay, just I want you to all brace yourselves because this is going to get wild. A little bit of warning for all of you on the stream, all of you on YouTube and twitch.
Speaker 1: This is going to get wild.
Speaker 2: This guy is pissed off because these kids were fishing.
Speaker 1: Believe me, time to go? If you, if you, if you only stayed for a little while, and did you think it's time to go go?
Speaker 2: Ticket hold on the other part was bleeped out. I thought that was too all right, thank you? He said, what the f do you mean? So this kid is sitting there and he this one kid in particular, is on his jet ski. But these kids had been down there fishing and hanging out and doing their thing, and this old man is pissed off. He probably hears the sound of the jet ski. It's life on a lake, right, isn't this kind of part of what do you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What do you do? You live on a lake, cows, This is what you get out here.
Speaker 2: And they recorded this whole escapade with this guy, Thank god, so we get to hear what ended up happening here.
Speaker 1: He's yelling at him, he won't give up.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's always a bad idea to confront people over something like this when they're just literally having fun.
Speaker 1: They're not doing anything terrible. Now does it say.
Speaker 2: No jet ski right by where the kids are? Yes, it does, as it does. Yeah, there's a sign that says no mooring, which what does that mean? Mooring is tying your boat to something. Yeah, okay, so no mooring, no jet ski. He says, no jet ski, no boats, no stop doing that.
Speaker 1: I can't read right here.
Speaker 2: Just read the sign for the people see that no jet ski, no boats, no grilling, and no fireworks. Maybe I don't know. There's no swimming. No swimming is the bottom one that it says. So back to this guy losing here down.
Speaker 1: You live on I'll find out by your registration if you come. Oh, I'm sure, yeah, I will. No, you won't have you I will promise you won't.
Speaker 2: We have a standoff. Now, he's like, where do you live. I'll find out where you live. I'm gonna look at the registration on your car. Okay, is this guy a car? No, he's just you look a registration on the car. Yeah, I like, I mean, and if I if I give him the best case scenario, the kids are being annoying on a jet ski and they were reving the jet ski or something. It's like, just ignore it for a hot second. Man, It's really not that big.
Speaker 1: Of a deal. It really is not that the level that this guy goes to. Again, it's gonna get a lot crazier here. I'm just you're not going to do like call the police again. That's all do it? Okay? Are they gonna shoot me? He's saying, I'm black? What are the kids? And I'm black? And the other kids said what are they going to do? Shoot me? And the old man said, you want me to shoot you? So now we're going to the level of threats again.
Speaker 2: All of this could have been avoided by just like letting kids play around.
Speaker 1: Kids are going to do stuff like this.
Speaker 2: Are kids annoying sometimes, yes, but this is like the least annoying things. This is not one of those things where kids are doing public gatherings where they all just run wild and break everything and do the street takeovers.
Speaker 1: And this is not anywhere near on that level.
Speaker 2: This is just some kids hanging out being kids with jet skis.
Speaker 1: All right, he's coming down after him here, we got watch.
Speaker 2: Okay, one of these kids, I should mention is I believe disabled? And when he comes down, the kid just said, are you gonna beat up a cripple?
Speaker 1: All right? One of these kids is disabled?
Speaker 2: And he's when when the old man walks down, he's blowing his top. Now the kid goes, you're gonna beat up a cripple?
Speaker 1: You need a curse again? Oh god?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, first of all, let me let me recap what's going on here so far. There's a lot they said they censored this, but I'll turn the volume down just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Here he gets into this young kid's face.
Speaker 2: And the young kid and him are like, maybe, what do we saying? Like a couple of inches away from each other's faces. Yeah, they're like they're right in each other's faces, that's too close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he slaps them.
Speaker 2: He slaps them, picks them up, body slams him in the water.
Speaker 1: He's holding him underwater, drowning him.
Speaker 2: He's drowning him right now. He's his friends are finally grabbing the old man to try to pull him off of him because he was shoving the kid's face underwater and pushing his entire body under the surface of the water. I'm gonna keep this muted because otherwise Josh doesn't even have any more dump button to hit at this. Somebody says, dude, he's in his face. It's not that serious. I mean, now we're clearly at attempted murder, right like, Yeah, if you take somebody and shove them underwater because you were irritated about them driving or riding a jet ski in your leg, you are at the level of attempted murder.
Speaker 1: You tried to kill him. You were pushing him underwater. Is that in the cripple he's pushing underwater. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He threw his uh uh crutches to the side. I don't know what's wrong with this kid, you know, maybe he broke his leg or something, but he threw his crutches to the side. And then the old man got right up into his face and then he tried to drown him in the river. I'll bring it back to this point just so everybody can see they're right in each other's faces for those of you on YouTube and twitch. He slaps him hard, just full slap in the kid's face. Then he picks him up and shoves him underwater and forcefully holds him with his head underwater.
Speaker 3: I don't think i'd be wrong in saying that the kid did not make a move like that kid didn't do anything physical.
Speaker 1: The guy struck first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he just stood there. The kid just stood there, and he's like, do something, What are you going to do? Do something like you're definitely going to spend some time in jail for this. So he says that's that's horrible. The kid's face was shocked when he got slapped, of course. Yeah, I don't think he knew that this was going to happen. And then after that, the guy still continues to taunt these kids. There's about a five minute video or so, Okay, hold is this safe now? Because this goes into an actual news report. I feel like I have full dump again. Okay, you do all right, okay, all right here this is supposed to be the news report.
Speaker 6: This is the video prosecutors used to charge Stephen Dana with attempted murder. The video shows Dana allegedly punching the twenty one year old victim while in Lake mass.
Speaker 9: Banach Cominwolf versus Stephen Dana in court.
Speaker 6: Seventy year old Stephen Dana of Hopkinton is arraigned in framing him this afternoon, charged with a list of crimes.
Speaker 2: You know, he's doing this move by the way where they lead the seven year old man into the courtroom and he's like just waddling kind of slow.
Speaker 1: Just a seventy year old man. Is he doing that on purpose? Or does he have shackles on?
Speaker 2: He might be shackled up, But I think he's playing I think yeah, I think he's playing into the old a little bit too. He's like, what me, just these young kids in this old man?
Speaker 6: The attempted murder that involves strangulation and assault and battery on a disabled person. When this is tell us this all happened near the boat ramp on Wednesday night. Neighbors say Dana got into a verbal argument with a group of jet skiers that included a twenty one year old who was on crutches. That fight went into the water, and prosecutors saying Dana slapped the man and then tried to hold him underwater until people nearby pulled him off.
Speaker 10: Sureanly Whiteness received those injuries while being held underwater by the defendant and thrashing and trying to get above water. The allegations are also that the defendant only released the name witness when his friends pulled him physically off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, the friends had to drag his ass off of dude.
Speaker 2: All you had to do was just take a deep breath, relax. Don't be so triggered by young kids fishing or riding jet skis or whatever it is that they're doing. There are more important things in the world, and now you're going to spend some serious time behind behind bars for doing all this. Stephen Dana I charged with attempted or two counts of strangulation, suffocation, assault and battery on a disabled person. Give us your thoughts, send us a dispatch over at the newsjunkie dot com Right now, all right, we'll get into some of your dispatches, some of your emails all of that good stuff. You can email the show tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. In fact, anonymous emails. It says, tell Selayan that I have made him ham salad using a food processor. You could call this meat goo if you wanted. It only has a couple of parts an ingredient sentence, It says Anonymous. Thank you Anonymous. Yeah, just bring that right on over if you don't mind. This is the meat goo delivery.
Speaker 3: Why do I want a delivery of meat salad from somebody who wishes to remain anonymous?
Speaker 2: Just this person doesn't want to get their name out there lest everybody want to get everybody wants to get anonymous. But this is the one that I think you should. You should blow the lid off of it, says anonymous. Okay, I said I would respect that. It says miss right on top of the email. Uh. Here's Mike, who says about the News Junkie app. Maybe I'm just a luddite here. But when I try to send a dispatch on the app, the stop recording button is below where the phone function buttons are. I can't access the stop button on a Motorola Edge. Brother, what a Motorola Edge hold on, what is it?
Speaker 10: What is that?
Speaker 2: Even I don't know, a Motorola Edge. Okay, it looks like a normal person phone. Yeah, you got some some Android device. I'll look into it, sir.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you're having problems, you can always use the backup of the website. But the app should work pretty well, and I do updates time and again. But give me screenshots if you can. Tips at the news junkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Screenshots are always very very helpful for this exact reason.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see here, we got a couple of dispatches. I want to work at least one in here is somebody talking about the way that Well, let's go over.
Speaker 1: To this one.
Speaker 2: Here's Guitar Slinger with a dispatch talking about microwaves.
Speaker 11: I remember the first microwave we had as a kid. It had a big rotary dial that you turn this at the.
Speaker 1: Time, and it was all analog. There was no digital.
Speaker 11: It had two buttons cook defrost, that's there your options. And the big thrill was to microwave a hot dog inside the bun wrapped in a paper towel, you know, under a minute.
Speaker 1: That was our big thrill for the first microwave. Yeah, they added some features after that, but Seeland Sand they just stopped. They never went any further.
Speaker 2: They don't have any features that could, let's say, prevent problems by keeping in the smell of microwave fish.
Speaker 1: That would be nice, but it should be a feature. Sea Land.
Speaker 2: I think that you could turn on and off because I want, like I want the smell of microwave popcorn to make its way through the house and maneuver like a cartoon. I think that's fine, but the fish is just you know, it's a no go for microwave or popcorn. Yeah, I mean, what are you doing? You have you're putting the Jiffy pop on the stovetop?
Speaker 1: Still, what year is there?
Speaker 3: No, you just do the oil in the bottom of the pan and you let it roll, all right, let it roll?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm not letting it roll just yet, but I do appreciate that you are. Keep those emails and dispatches coming in. We have to talk about this couple that made an announcement that has really divided people on the internet. I have some issues with what happened in this story. That's not what most people are upset about. But I'll play the announcement from them, and we can talk about what you guys think about this particular couple that's getting so much heat today.
Speaker 2: What's going down with this story. You're going to find out that's coming up next. I'm going to use junkie join us with a dispatcher and email over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Right now, this couple has posted something online that just exploded millions and millions of views.
Speaker 1: And it's some YouTuber.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say their name or the YouTube channel or all that stuff because I don't want to throw any support behind these people, or I don't want people even going over to subscribe just for the drama element. I hate these kind of YouTubers. I think they're the worst. Don't get me wrong. I think family YouTubers can be fine, like just sharing what's going on with your family and your kids and having a nice little YouTube channel, totally fine, don't care about that. But there's another level of it, and this YouTube couple falls in that category, I think. Now, apparently this YouTube couple had recently revealed that they were pregnant, and they did a whole video where they're like, here's the pregnancy test. Here's the reveal, and we're having a baby. And now they did another video where they looked live while recording the video at the results of the test to determine if their kid would have Down syndrome. And when it was shown that there was a chance that their child will be born with Down syndrome, they decided to have an abortion and terminate the pregnancy. And for some reason, I bring you back to my original point, they decided to record all of this and posted online. That's the big issue I have here. I honestly, I'm being serious here. I do not care what kind of decisions couples make amongst themselves like this. These are very, very difficult decisions. These are decisions based on your own morals, your own views of the world, and what you think is right and wrong, all right, And my biggest issue is the people who take this.
Speaker 1: And want them monetize it.
Speaker 2: You're so desperate for clicks and attention, even negative attention, that you're going to post something like this online. And it never strikes these people like, hey, maybe some stuff should just be private.
Speaker 1: Here's the video that's going megaviral to it is all I.
Speaker 12: Have to download the official report or abnormal insight result consistent what tries to me twenty one? No?
Speaker 1: What is it? Wait?
Speaker 9: Where are you saying this?
Speaker 2: So they said there is something consistent with tris to me twenty one trisomy twenty one, which is a genetic condition where a person is born with an extra chromosome. You could do tests for this now, And they're acting as if they have not seen this before, like, at least cheat and look at the test beforehand, all right, look at the test beforehand and know what the result is. And they go, Okay, this is something very personal and we're not going to post this online. The level of desperation to post these of things, in these decisions that I'm not even going to judge you for, but a lot of people will, oh yeah, and they're so upset that the internet is judging them today.
Speaker 1: It's like, of.
Speaker 2: Course, I mean, do you think you're gonna put information like this out and parents of kids with Down syndrome aren't going to react? Do you think when you make something public like this that you're going to terminate the pregnancy because this kid would have been born with Down syndrome? Those parents don't have a right to weigh in just like you apparently had a right to post it to begin with, Like, why on earth would you post this?
Speaker 1: Well, why are you surprised? No, not you.
Speaker 3: Why are they surprised that that they're they're getting any sort of pushback from this?
Speaker 2: Why they shouldn't be. Yeah, yeah, they really shouldn't be. I mean, like, all all you have to do is not film the moment or just realize before you're about to hit that little published button. Hey maybe this is a bad idea, but to post it make your decision. Again, I'm not casting judgment on that. That's for them and whoever else to be judging about. But to post it and then then get a butt hurt about getting some sort of reaction, that's the thing. See, they're reading the results on a phone.
Speaker 12: Normal insight result, Oh that showed three criminison twenty one sings consistent, tryes me twenty one down syndrome to counseling is recommended. I don't consistent tries to twenty one.
Speaker 1: And then she starts crying.
Speaker 2: Obviously, imagine, I know that's that's one thing, but people are it's so boring. It's it's crazy to me that people record and post stuff like this and then she's crying and You're like, how is this your life? This should be between you and your wife in a very very very very very private thing.
Speaker 1: It should be very private.
Speaker 2: And then I would go, hey, you guys made your decision, you do your thing, fine, But that's not what they did. And then they posted online. Here's the guy from the YouTube channel. He says, I've never seen such hate and vitriol for two people grieving the loss of their unborn child and making an impossible decision. The last twenty four hours have exposed the side of humanity that is deeply disturbing. Being called murderous pieces of s evil compared to Hitler and receiving NonStop death threats. Seeing my six year old dog with stage four kidney disease be used as a weapon, manipulating my words an intent in a tweet or saying we'll regret this decision forever and must repent to God is absolute insanity. I mean, what did you expect, my guy? You were putting this unbelievably private, personal and brutal moment on the internet. And are we all going to pretend do you think all of us are just gonna put on our dunce hats and pretend that we don't know why you're doing that. We know why you're doing that. You're doing it to monetize this tragic moment in your life. That's alle hundred percent. Everybody knows it why you're doing it. You're doing it because you want to make money, and you want to get subscribers and all costs, at all costs, you want to do this, So save your tears for me.
Speaker 1: I really don't care.
Speaker 2: If you ever wanted to marvel at the depravity of people online, just check the replies of my latest tweet. It's an s show of epic proportions. A lot of these people use God or Jesus as their justification for threatening us and wanting us to cast us into hell.
Speaker 1: I mean literally.
Speaker 2: I hate to say this because it seems brutal and unfair, but I think sometimes you just have to realize the reality of the internet, all right. Like, I know, you could say, like, well, people were mean about this, and people were saying very very offensive things, and well, what exactly did you think it was going to happen?
Speaker 1: Putting this online?
Speaker 2: It's like me putting a sex tape of myself online and then being annoyed when people were talking about and were commenting about, like Sean looks so impressive in this video, and like, you know, this guy looks like a real star, and and I would then if I got upset about that, you might say, well, then why would you post this online to begin with? You see, there's the moment And and just for the record, every single person who has a child with Down syndrome and has a take on this, that's completely fine. There's that you cannot hate on those people. They have a different experience in life. They find this to be something that they're you.
Speaker 1: Know, repelled by, and I don't blame them for having a reaction to that in their particular circumstances. He says.
Speaker 2: So many mothers have reached out privately commending us on our bravery to speak truthfully about this topic.
Speaker 1: Yah, yeah, I'm sure there's a whole bunch uh huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this has never been There has never been a more important time to speak up and out about the things that matter. Don't let the vocal minority stop you from sharing your truth, buddy. I don't think you've run into the vocal minority here. I think you've run into the masses, the normies, the audience of people who think you're weird and attention starved and kind of grotesque in monetizing these sorts of moments. So I think that they're just fine in their criticism of you, and you're going to get a couple of loons along the way. But don't post this stuff online. And guess what, you never have this problem. You wouldn't have this issue, You would never ever face this, and there wouldn't be a problem with it.
Speaker 1: So let us know what you think.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say the YouTube names or anything like that because I don't want to give it any more attention than it already has. And that's sort of the I think the goal. Like I think that's what they're trying to do to begin with. Let us know, give us your thoughts. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Okay, we have a lot of emails and various things coming ins about it's a crime to disturb fishermen. Really, he says, Hey, Sean just wanted to let the boomers know. This is in relation to another story where an old man snapped at these kids who were fishing and riding jet skis and he ended up with an attempted murder charge. He says, hey, Sean, just want to let these boomers know in some states like Florida, it's a second degree misdemeanor to disturb and harassed fishermen. Here's the exact law, and he sends a statute of a law. I did not know that was a thing, but to thank you for them.
Speaker 3: A crime to intentionally do any of the following within a wildlife or fish management area or on state owned waters, interfere with or attempt to prevent someone from lawfully catching fish, attempt to disturb the fish or alter their behavior with the intent to prevent them from being caught. So like, if you toss something in the water that fish don't like the smell of and they all leave, you haven't disturbed the fishermen, but you've moved the fish. Now you can't do that or harass, threatn or physically obstruct the person doing the fishing.
Speaker 1: That's weird because it's just like in particular protecting fishermen. That's that's a strange thing.
Speaker 3: They say that these like laws that they have are often called sportsman harassment laws to prevent conflict and ensure outdoor recreation remains safe and lawful.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I mean that might be another thing that this guy would add to face, but they don't worry about those charges when they got attempted murder because he tried to drown a kid, right.
Speaker 3: I think that, like you know, some of the fishing kids stories that we see, you know, like the hoa guy that wants to run off the kids and all that, those aren't state owned waters. I don't think some of them, like so this wouldn't apply, but I think some of them it could apply.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's a private neighborhood, I guess you know, it's a completely different situation. A lot of feedback coming in. We want to absorb that and see what you have to say. I also want to take just a moment and thank Perogi for these seven gifted subscriptions the common Secret Shows. You can claim one of those and get full access to the website, access to the uncensored secret shows, and more, all courtesy of Perogi. If you're one of the first seven people to go over there and claim those gifted subs on the app or thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Thanks Perogi for the big.
Speaker 2: Support, appreciate that you all right, we are going to take a quick break. We're gonna hear from you when we come back, because your dispatches are coming in, video and audio dispatches, your emails are coming in, and we want to hear what you have to say about all the things viral going onto the news that we're talking about here on the show. So send those in on the newsjunkie dot com right now, quick break. When we come back, there is another man upset.
Speaker 1: About kids on e bikes that we have to get into.
Speaker 2: We got the Lego update, the final update, I assure you.
Speaker 1: We wrap up the week.
Speaker 2: With the final update on the Lego saga and a family that has been harmed by the water coming into their house, a story that you are not gonna believe. That's coming up in the next little it as well. It's all coming up next on the News. Chunky a celebrity gone for a while, a celebrity from the sports world who has resurfaced, and he's been out of football because he was an NFL player for fifteen years. And he guesses as to who this might be. It's not the person you're seeing. If you're I can see him and I can't tell, but I don't know who that is all. You don't know who John Gruden is on site as John Gruden, former coach of the Raiders that you're looking at right there. Even I know that ceiling Jesus, Yeah, because you read it. You just read it. No, I knew it to begin with. They call him chucky. I know a little bit about John Gruden. I know his stuff.
Speaker 1: But he's interviewing somebody here who's been you know, like I bought all his earlier albums.
Speaker 2: And and the person he's interviewing not only has have they been completely m I A, but that's also a clue to who this athlete is.
Speaker 1: All right, that's who. That's a clue. M I A. And somebody who flies like paper and gets highlight playing.
Speaker 2: Maybe perhaps they might be on a Miami team in the NFL, or they were at someding.
Speaker 1: Oh you gotta go.
Speaker 2: More recent than that, he had a little bit of a problem with marijuana. I believe that's what led to the issues for Ricky Williams. The uh, you guys don't know who Ricky Williams. Both of you are just staring at the oblivion. I'm like, Oh yeah, Sean, Ricky, he's bag and he goes to talk to John Gruden and when he's talking with him, I wanted to roll my eyes in the back of my head, but he just kept winning me over. He's such a sweet guy. He just he seems like such a sweet guy.
Speaker 1: Listen to this. Tell me, Ricky Williams doesn't win you over here fifteen years? What are you doing now?
Speaker 5: It's going to sound crazy, but I'm a professional astrologer. No way, Yeah, that's what I do. And it sounds crazy, but.
Speaker 2: Well, he's the professional, Josh, not you. He's the professional. And he says he's a professional astrologer, and he absolutely is kind of selling me on this. He's like, look, you know, it might sound a little weird, but I'm an astrologer.
Speaker 5: If I broke down what I did on a daily basis, it wouldn't seem that foreign to you.
Speaker 1: The analogy I like to.
Speaker 5: Use is in football, is there a coach would never imagine going into a season or a game without a playbook, a game plan, and a scouting report. But when we go through life, we don't really have that. We're just trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: On our own. Mm hm.
Speaker 5: After I retired, I started studying different stuff because I was curious about life. And I met this woman who started talking to me about astrology and we talked. We talked, and I was like, this feels like a playbook for life, and that's the way I approach.
Speaker 1: What do you do, man? Do you just look up in the stars you have? What do you do?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Just the grooves over here? What is it that you do? Guys?
Speaker 2: I think astrologer is a word. A professional astrologer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I googled professional astrologer and it's like recommending, not recommending, but it's showing me a map of our home area and where all the psychics and astrologers are.
Speaker 1: What would you have called him otherwise job astrologist? Oh, okay, that's the more accepted term. Well, I mean, I don't know what's right and what's wrong. But he is very, very charismatic, and he's selling me.
Speaker 5: Everything's on a computer, So I'll meet someone and do a and the computer software spits out a chart of what the sky looked like at the time of their birth.
Speaker 2: Okay, He's just this is a guy who is different from every other football player I've ever heard interviewed in my entire life. Just fundamentally different, strange guy. I kind of like him, though I don't know why.
Speaker 12: Bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he seems Joe. I think he smokes a lot of marijuana. I think that is one thing that he's very much into. But he's been hiding from the football camevus for fifteen years. And he says he's now a professional astrologer out there in the sports world, So congrats to you.
Speaker 3: I searched for a professional astrologist and it said including results for professional astrologers.
Speaker 12: Moll.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm wrong, Gods might have been wrong about it. But I know I need a birth chart printed for me. Probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, we'll take your dispatch. Just send those in over on the website, the Newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: It's easy to do.
Speaker 2: You can send in a video or audio dispatch with your thoughts on anything we're talking about or not talking about over here on the show. I had a couple of stories I wanted to work in real quickly about people are finally, I guess pushing the screws and trying to get social media outlets to make some changes that would make things better. And I think this is important to toss out ideas you have never read.
Speaker 1: Social media outlets.
Speaker 2: There's people who are finally saying we need to demand some changes here. They're turning people's brains into mush. They're filling your feed up with whatever thing you paid attention to last and they're giving it to you over and over and over again. And there's a couple of articles out there. One is from the Verge demanding that social media outlets let us filter out AI slop. That's what they said. They say, YouTube, Instagram, at TikTok, we want a button that undeniably shuts down all of the AI slop garbage content that you see on the feed.
Speaker 1: Now that one seems harder.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if they could do that if they wanted to, because I don't know how good they are at determining what is AI and what is an AI in the video world these days. But it's at least an idea. You know, I've thought about this kind of stuff for a long time. I really think every single platform should have the ability for you if they have an algorithm, to completely disable the algorithm. It should be a default setting that you can turn on or turn off and it stays with you in your experience on the website or app, and it just completely turns off the algorithm and then just sends you stuff that.
Speaker 1: You're following in chronological order.
Speaker 2: That way, you're just finding things that you decided to follow to begin with. And that might be bad enough, but honestly, it's a least a move in the right direction. As I told the story about how it was, I was watching a couple of videos, like I watched one or two videos of these guys making ghetto snacks and they were making pineapple and kool Aid snacks that they were selling on the streets. And then there were some other guys making like some serial snack that they were selling out of the trunk of their cars. There were a couple other things, and they're making all these things. They're all look great, they're all probably terrible for you instant diabetes, all of them. I watched like one or two of those videos, and it's my whole feed. It's like the center of the universe for me now digitally, these videos of these guys selling this stuff out of their trunk and it's great.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I think that.
Speaker 2: We need to be able to get away from this stuff a little bit more, because we have all of these platforms radicalizing people, sending people out, spiraling into more and more doomer content and negatively impacting their lives. And if we had a little more control over this kind of stuff, I think it would at least give us some weapons to fight back a little bit.
Speaker 1: Let me know what you think.
Speaker 2: Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see what we have here.
Speaker 2: A couple of things before we take a break and get into We got the hot sheet coming up. We got this week in Florida on the way as well, and is so much more on the way. Oh, I wanted to point this out, if you don't mind. Number one, the NBA Finals is becoming a hot ticket. It is becoming a hot ticket.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing is I guess Trump might be going to Game four, which will be interesting because I think Josh is trying to go to Game four.
Speaker 1: I cannot afford to go to Game four or three for that matter. Well we'll talk about that in a moment. But you're going to New York City next week, are you? I am. I will be there And if the Knicks sweep in four, then the city will explode.
Speaker 3: Probably probably a good time to be in New York. That sounds like it'd be fun.
Speaker 1: And even Trump is saying he might be going to the Knicks game. Here is find a way to do it. They're really great.
Speaker 10: They're a great team, and I'm happy for Jim because Jim has really been fighting hard to you know, produce such a damn So you never know the edges.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's invited me.
Speaker 2: I'm going said it could.
Speaker 1: Be Monday, Yeah, games game three. Maybe I'll do both. Maybe both.
Speaker 2: He said, you might be going to both games, So Trump could be making an appearance at the Knicks game. And Josh hit the nail on the head. I don't know if this is legit representation, but seeing the cost of tickets to these games.
Speaker 1: Is mind blowing. Mind blowing the amount of money.
Speaker 2: So, Josh, you were saying like you wanted to possibly go see one of these games.
Speaker 1: It's very popular right now.
Speaker 2: Tickets one hundred thousand dollars. Those are court side. I think ten fit in the nosebleeds as wild.
Speaker 1: I saw it seventy five hundred for Nosebleeds Obstructed View yesterday there's one in the nosebleeds.
Speaker 2: Josh has a green arrow down, which I think means price drop. We've got a reduction going on eight four and ninety four dollars for seats to go see the Knicks play. Hell of a deal in the finals. And somebody had pointed out before they said, you can either go get two tickets to see the Knicks play, or buy a house in Iowa. And that shouldn't be a hard decision for anybody to make, even if you don't live in Iowa. Take the house in Iowa over over tickets to see the Knicks thirty two thousand dollars. This is along the net at the end of the court. I mean how much the season tickets to the Knicks cost this season. I would imagine they might go up next season, but you would think that, like one person could say, Hey, I.
Speaker 3: Don't need to be at Game three. I would rather be at Game four, especially if we sweep this thing. I don't need to be at game three. I can pay for my season tickets with one false swoop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's smart if they're doing it. But the reason.
Speaker 1: That tickets are this expensive is because.
Speaker 2: There must be enough rich ass people in New York City there are willing to pay twenty one to twenty five to thirty thousand dollars for a ticket to see a basketball game.
Speaker 3: I wonder if the you know, if they they kind of read the tea leaves on this and go, all the people in Madison Square Garden tonight are going to be rich. We need to have advertisers that are more of their style, and so all of the things are like Neiman Marcus, oh god, you know, Sacksmith Avenue.
Speaker 2: Just stuff, Yeah, stuff, you throw money out. That one's so fancy. I don't even know what it is, Josh. This court shot is brought to you by Louis. It's so insane to me that people have this kind of money to spend, and we'll spend it on stuff. Mike, I could buy some nice things if I want to. And I used to spend money on stupid stuff when I was younger.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I wasted money on stupid stuff. I would buy stuff that was way too expensive. I miss prank monkey.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Now I buy stuff from my studio that's quite costly. And I love to build my studio and put nice things in it. But in my life, you know, and luckily Courtney's not like this either. We're just like I want nice stuff. I don't just want expensive stuff. Sometimes the two cross and you're like, okay, fine, you know nice and expensive worth the money.
Speaker 1: Good. But I can never justify this.
Speaker 2: I could never justify this amount of money for entertainment to see guys bounce around to basketball for a couple of hours and you're probably gonna forget that almost immediately afterwards.
Speaker 1: But there you go. Let us know what you think.
Speaker 2: Send a dispatch over at thenewschunkie dot com and I just want to talsk.
Speaker 1: This out there.
Speaker 2: If you are unbelievably rich and would like to buy court side seats for Josh while he's in New York City, please to see the next we are tickets and I get ham and salad. Yeah, we're doing it based on what you want. That's one thing for it. That's one thing. And we're also doing it based on talent. So you know, each according to their talents is what we're getting to here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, So I say, John is sending me to the next game. It's an unbelievable truth.
Speaker 2: But these tickets, the cheapest ones I see, are eight thousand, four hundred and ninety four dollars for one ticket to see a basketball game. Good God, let us know what you think. Send those dispatches and emails. We'll be back in just a moment. We've got the Hot Sheet coming up next. I got a very bizarre interaction at a food truck that somebody records that's now leading to an investigation. We'll go over that. We got legos updates, we got this actor that was stabbed.
Speaker 1: We got so much on the way, and it's all coming up next on the news, Chunkie.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to the Hot sheet just a bit here. Selander, are you doing this story about Jason Biggs his ex wife?
Speaker 1: Have you seen.
Speaker 3: He's been in the news a couple times recently. I don't know if he like did a podcast or something, but I know they they split, right, Yeah, but he still like had nice things to say about her because she was a big part of him getting clean. Because Jason Biggs, I guess, just liked doing cocaine alone.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Jason Bills loved Yes, he.
Speaker 3: Would like he would like hang out in the basement of his house and just do cocaine by himself.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if he was drinking. Really, Jason Biggers don't know who he is. He's he's the guy with the pie in American Pie, right, he is the main guy on American Pie.
Speaker 1: And he is also the loser in Loser. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and his wife posted this photo to I guess Instagram with a caption, and the caption said it was her and her her son on the bed together, and the caption said, from Jenny Mullen, the ex wife of Jason Biggs from American Pie, your eldest son will be the most toxic.
Speaker 1: Guy you ever date.
Speaker 2: I did see this, and then she posted her and her son in this photo said your eldest son will be the most toxic guy you ever date. And people were like, dude, this is weird. This comes off weird, And I have to say it is kind of weird.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think if she had just said the caption and she was trying to be funny about it, yeah, and it just didn't land with people, it would be one thing. But to pair it with that picture is that indeed both of them like the two of them, Yeah, this is the mom and the sun and it just he's between her legs. Yeah, she's got her hands in his hair and he's between her legs and it just kind of looks a little inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Honestly, how old is this good?
Speaker 2: The kid is let me see here, he's twelve, twelve year old sid her son and she posted your eldest son is going to be the most toxic guy you ever date.
Speaker 1: And she's kind of like grabbing his hair and it just out of this it seems a little bit strange. I'll put it up for you and see it now.
Speaker 2: Let me get a screenshot of this, so on the news Junkie Apple or on the newsjunkie dot com you can see the photo in question. And moms, let us know what you think, Like, do you think this is weird and out of line creepier?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I think it adds insult to injury that not only did this rub a lot of people the wrong way online, but every single headline about it is Jason biggs ex wife Jennie.
Speaker 1: You couldn't just be.
Speaker 3: Jenny Mullen or it couldn't just be I don't think she was an actress, but I don't think she's big enough to, you know, outgrow Jason Biggs ex wife status U. But like, yeah, I mean that. Plus, everybody's creeped out by you, and you have to carry that moniker because you were married to the American pie dude.
Speaker 2: Sure, I know you really clutched pearls about this. It seems a little strange. It just strikes me as a little bit weird. Abraham says, Yes, this is gross and weird. It's it's a strange woet. Go take a look at it on the see it now section of the news chunky dot com or right there on the news Junkie app. Links for that over on the website as well at the newsjunky dot com.
Speaker 1: And right now, let's do the hot sheees news but not like that's again imparting on the planet.
Speaker 13: Top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on a hotsheet with Sea Lane.
Speaker 2: That's right, the top five stories and the nonsense news are here.
Speaker 3: And uh, this one that I start with. I'm not sure how Sean's gonna take it because it seems like a really stupid idea. But you have in the past kind of embraced ideas like this. There's a filmmaker who is debuting his new film called This Is how the World ends?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: They say, it's a fine piece of work. I probably won't know because I don't know if I'm going to be able to watch it. If you wanted to release a film but you didn't care, or or maybe you purposely wanted as few people to be able to watch it as possible, how would you release that film?
Speaker 2: Oh, you mean, like, like physically, how would I rese it a laser disc?
Speaker 3: That's actually a great answer, and you're in the right direction. But Robert dos Santos decided to make his first film, they say, after being held at gunpoint once too often. Don't know how that factors in. But the resulting drama is only available on VHS. Oh god, so this new film, this is how the World ends?
Speaker 2: That's what you do when your movie sucks and you want an excuse as to why nobody saw it. You're like, well, we chose to release it on VHS.
Speaker 3: He has a really pretentious reason why, and we'll get to that in a second. They say, it's basically on the beach set at Burning Man. But what's really remarkable about it is its method of release, because it's the first straight to VHS film in twenty years. In fact, in twenty sixteen, the world's last VCR manufacturer ceased production, so you can't even get a new VCR anymore. You have to get one that was made before twenty sixteen. To release a film straight to video is to make watching your film as difficult as possible.
Speaker 1: Rob It's also an easy way for him seland to go.
Speaker 2: It was the most popular movie of its kind in twenty six Congrats.
Speaker 3: The film director Robert Dos Santos explains that's kind of the point. He says, I love the idea that you need to be part of the club to watch this, he says over a video call from cons. It's for people that have a specific taste. There is a band of human beings who really understand what we're doing, and then there's the rest of them who will probably never see this movie until somebody with the VCR who is savvy enough to rip it off VHS and post it online, or maybe he'll just see zero dollars coming in from it a deficit for printing, you know, manufacturing all these VHS tapes.
Speaker 1: I know I need to make a little money. Let's put it on streaming somewhere. I think Seeland there might be some guy who's wife has been telling him to throw away the stupid VCR for the longest time, who's.
Speaker 2: Like told wait to see Robert do Santo's film This is How the World Ends.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you go through the motions to get this VHS and you watch it, it better be at least decent. For sure, it would be a real letdown. Speaking of not having money, there's a voice actor who sat in a recent Facebook post that he and his wife are having some financial difficulties homeless please help. The message reads, our rent went up and we have to move. We have no money, no credit. Every little bit helps. You won't recognize the name Carrie Means, but you would probably know his most famous role, the voice of Frylock in Aquitine Hunger Force. As it turns out, being an Aquatine Hunger Force didn't pay you enough to make ends meet, it seems, although he did have some health stuff going on too. In twenty twenty two, Means experience a heart related health emergency and a couple of years to have been struggling financially. Since then, they've had at least two different gofundmes to try and help them out. Neither has met its funding goal. They're also selling autographed prints and plushies of Aquitine characters, handmade by his wife, and you can watch her working on them and showing off completed samples in a video post to Facebook. Carries also on cameo. But I guess not a lot of people are getting those fry luck camis.
Speaker 1: That's damn that sucks. Do you guys? Are you guys familiar with Phoebe Bridgers. Yes, I've heard that name, but I don't know what the hell I know her from. She's a singer songwriter.
Speaker 3: I think I've seen her on Saturday Night Live before, and I don't know a lot of her work, but I do like this kind of a cool little tour she's on because she's doing one of those like no phones kind of tours. Okay, And for a while they were doing like smaller clubs and venues and stuff, and you would go and then you got you get your phone locked up in the yonder pouch. But she just brought that tour to Madison Square, which is crazy because about eighteen thousand or so we're in attendance at this thing. It was a dollar a ticket. That dollar benefits the Community Justice Exchange, Immigration Bond Freedom Fund. That is a mouthful, but it provides bail money for iced detainees. And despite not wanting any electronics in there, it was sponsored by Title, which didn't even know was still around. They called it a device free show. No phones, no cameras, no tablets, no laptops, no smart watches.
Speaker 1: And then they.
Speaker 3: Did up the stage. It was just a small circular stage that was set up to look like a nineteen seventies rec room. And she did this really scaled down like acoustic, very intimate, as intimate as you could make Madison Square Garden and did it and it seems to be a success. Everybody seemed to kind of like it, like it was something different. She said, it's weird not having a phone, isn't it to the eighteen thousand or so strong audience, and added and if any of you stuck an Apple Watch up your to record this, please don't post it on the internet. I'm trusting you.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of concerts tonight from one mister Morgan walland that had a little bit of a setback. There's a lot of preparation you have to do.
Speaker 3: You're building a lot of things for these stadium shows, a lot of irons in the fire, But this one was kind of special because they had to call out a bee guy to remove twelve to fifteen thousand bees that had built a nest under the stage.
Speaker 1: We got a b guy.
Speaker 2: We could have helped him out, We could have made this happen for him. Well, this guy was Al Fine is his name. He's handled b removals for more than four decades, but a call this week may have put him on the largest stage yet. Fine, owner of Fine Family Apiary in mononga HeLa. I know where that manonga HeLa. It's an Akrasher stadium. No clue where that is. But he removed four to five pounds of bees clustered on the stage scaffolding in preparation for the Morgan Wallen concerts. He estimated between twelve and fifteen thousand, and then he said the news got his dad joke in here. He said, I like to tell a joke. Yes, I counted all the legs and divided by six. My god, you can only guestimate it, he says, for sure. A worker at Akrocuer Stadium contacted his man's oldest daughter about the Bees. She's known for being Pennsylvania State Honey Queen. That's where we are Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh in twenty eleven, and National honey Queen the following year.
Speaker 3: Wow, she got a Texas. There was a swarm out there at the Morgan Wallen concert. I have exclusive audio of what the concert would have sounded like. Ready, Morgan Wallen and then Bees.
Speaker 11: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't hear Morgan saying that word. Over all these.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a little it's a little stressful to listen to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I teased this yesterday, but scary movie is just getting drilled in the reviews.
Speaker 1: No, do you like scary movies?
Speaker 3: This reviewer says, then best dear clear of this crashing disappointment, calling it deeply offensively, unfunny, and another sequel would finish me off.
Speaker 1: Which is weird, weird choice of words. There's a clue.
Speaker 2: There's a clue in that review though they're saying it's offensive, which it's it's a scary movie. It's a scary movie franchise. If you're gonna clutch pearls, that's not the movie for you.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're clutching pearls. They're not saying the movie is offensive, They're saying it's offensive. How bad the level of unfunny is offensive? Oh like, like, I'm offended that you wasted my time with how terribly awfully no good unfunny this movie is.
Speaker 2: Their promo has been pretty good that I haven't seen it. They've had some ever stuff. One thing they did was in New York. Josh just missed this before, he said York. They had this big like box area and it was all smoke filled and hot boxed out, and you could go in there with the killer from Scary Movie and being like a hot box with him.
Speaker 1: I guess, okay, smoke with him.
Speaker 2: And then another one that they had was a website you could go to that didn't use AI apparently, and you said whatever you wanted the lead character from Scary movie to do, and then he would do it like backflip or this or that or whatever.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Yeah, well, yeah, that's not good. I mean it's it debuted this weekend at the box office. If you're a big scary movie fan, you might like it, or you might be like that review or super disappointed. New to streaming this week, Michael Jackson The Verdict is on Netflix their answer to the Michael movie. This one is going to go over more of the not so comfortable stuff that they just left off in the movie office Romance we talked about last yesterday with j Lo and Brett Goldstein. Quest Love has got a new documentary on HBO all about Earth Wind and Fire. And then we have the remake of Cape Fear on Apple TV. The seventy ninth Annual Tony Awards are also streaming live on Sunday. And speaking of streaming live, I know that you like watching these Lollapalooza streams. Oh yeah, well this one is not Lollapalooza, but this is over in Barcelona. The pri Ma Veda Sound twenty twenty six is streaming on Twitch and Prime Video all weekend, and you could care. There's a bunch of names in here, and a bunch of decent names.
Speaker 1: Who's performing. Among the artists set to have their performances broadcast on the live stream The Cure, The xx Or The Double X, Big Thief, Geese, Dojacat, Gorillas, SCRILLX, Father John Misty, Addison Ray and Saturday at four fifteen, The VIAGRAA Boys Go On If they're still on at eight to fifteen. Call a doctor. Oh this guy bees beas. This is why you get to meet Gloop.
Speaker 2: I'm going to the next game. Yeah, this is why go to the next game. For God's sake.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair, Hey, if you have a mortgage rate with a seven or eight in front of it, you should be checking into.
Speaker 1: A refle immediately because you're paying too much.
Speaker 3: And our friend, the hero, that mortgage Guy Don, not only beat us handsomely in Fritz on the Street this week, but he also wants to help you. He wants to save you some money so you can check into a refi and not be paying so much. If you already have a quote for a new mortgage and you haven't shopped around, well it's time to call that mortgage guy Don and you can find him online, that mortgage Guy Don dot com. Those push out for those things.
Speaker 2: Du We're back in just a moment, and we've got this week in Florida on the way that is coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Real quick.
Speaker 2: Before this Week in Florida, people often ask me, well, Sean, you know, if the state doesn't collect as much tax money from us, how is it that they're going to pay the bills. And I say to you all the time, they're fine. They take enough of our money already. We can have all of the nice things we're asking for. We have bad leadership, and we have people who waste money basically everywhere. That is just an undeniable truth. But there are other ways they can raise money that I want to tell you about real quick before we get into this week.
Speaker 1: In Florida and this well, this sure is one of them.
Speaker 2: In Tampa, Florida, they set up a school zone speed camera in one area, one camera, one area, school zone speed camera, and they wanted to see how many people were speeding by this area. Those speeding in the school zone get automatic one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Fine, how many.
Speaker 2: People do you think they caught in two days?
Speaker 1: All right? Any guesses. I don't know if you guys saw this story. I don't know how populated this area is, but it's gotta be more than one hundred, all right.
Speaker 2: Josh says more than one hundred people were caught speeding in the school.
Speaker 3: Zone in today's three hundred for Sea Lane.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see how this would go for you if you wanted to pick up some money. Tampa's school zone catches six thousand speeders two.
Speaker 1: Days, two days, two days.
Speaker 2: Okay, they put up a camera to catch people speeding in a school zone, and they caught six thousand of them, six hundred thousand bucks right there in forty eight hours. They end up with, yes, one hundred dollars a piece, and.
Speaker 3: Say that any repeat offenders, you think you do six thousand, there might have been somebody in there twice.
Speaker 2: It says cameras counted a total of seventeen thousand, forty four vehicles. They flagged six thou forty three speeding violations, which averages out to three and twenty one violations each day with automatic tickets, sending one hundred dollars fines to all of these drivers. As Seelane pointed out, you're talking about well over a half million dollars in two days that they could have brought in in revenue from one speed camera in one school zone in Tampa. Trust me when I say they will find the money, all right. They always do. Don't ever worry about, oh, are we paying enough tax dollars? Geez, I think we should pay a little bit. No, no, no, no, I think we're doing just fine, and we're going to be doing even better.
Speaker 1: You know. I why because it's time to do This Week in Florida. Let's do it. Are you ready? Sea Lane? Ready, Sean, Let's do this Week in Florida. We're giving you a recap of the most grown worthy stories in the state. It's this Week in Florida.
Speaker 2: This it is.
Speaker 1: That's right, the weekend is here.
Speaker 3: It's time to take a tripper on the Sunshine State and see some of the craziness that has gone on in the past seven days or so. And we start in Polk County where, you know, second time we've talked about today a police officer being arrested. Now, the first one was not in Florida, even though I thought it was. But the first one was for pointing a gun at another cop. Yeah, you can't do this, it's not it wouldn't be proven.
Speaker 2: Although it was for microwaven fish, so we get that at the workplace.
Speaker 3: So there's some argument to be made about that. But this guy, Jeffrey Ziegler, twenty four years old, he has been taken into custody for racking up charges on a dead man's credit card. And not only did he do that, this guy wastes did no time. They say he began committing the crimes the day after the victim died, on February twenty eight, twenty twenty four. From then until March twelfth, several unauthorized charges were made on the dead man's credit cards, amounting to over ten thousand, three hundred dollars. The charges went unnoticed until New Year's Eve of the next year. Family members going through de cease man's mail discovered past due notices for all the charges. The fraud was reported to p PCSO earlier this year. An investigation kicked off and they linked it back to this officer, officer Jeffrey Ziegler, who I would imagine is out of a job and now facing charges of grand theft, fraudulent use of a credit card, unlawful use of a two way communications device, unlawful possession of personal identification information, and criminal use of personal identification of a deceased person. That is quite a long rap sheet for mister Ziegler. And if that guy's young too, twenty four years old, if he gets a long sentence, he's serving that thing. Yeah, getting out of that. You know, some people, if they ran into this situation. I would say, you know, that's disgusting throwing that away. May never eat this product again, or maybe just pick up a different can of it. But the mother in Florida who said she found moving parasites small worm looking things in her canna spaghettios, no, no, she saw dollar signs. A suit filed says, not only is she suing the Campbell company, the people who make spaghettios, but the Walmart that she bought them from. Okay, that's where I'm thinking. This is a money grab here. Mary Hubbard, along with Greg Gregor Gregory Lovell, the father of the child, filed the lawsuit Tuesday. According to the complaint, Hubbard purchased Campbell spaghettios at a Walmart supercenter in Okachobee. They opened the canva serve it to the child, and after consuming portions of the soup, Hubbard noticed what appeared to be worms and or par sites moving in the food, adding the contents clearly depict wormlike organisms moving within the food product.
Speaker 1: Sorry if you're doing that.
Speaker 2: The lawsuit says Campbell and Walmart failed to inspect and process their canned foods properly. I'm sorry. That is not Walmart's job, and that is that's Campbell's job. Yeah, that seems like an issue in the canning process because you're supposed to heat those cans to a temperature that nothing survives. But the pair is seeking seventy five thousand dollars in damages from the two companies, claiming the companies were negligent and violated a food safety law.
Speaker 3: Also in Walmart. Walmart comes up a lot today. I'm just saying this is a very Florida this week in Florida, because Walmart is the star of this segment. A woman tried to use a five finger discount. It's interesting that they picked that term. Women tried to use a five finger discount for an unusual item that packed a buzz Are we there yet?
Speaker 1: Buzzbom? No, it's not a buzzball? Oh I see? Oh personal Yes.
Speaker 3: According to the Polk County Sheriff's Office, on Sunday, around four oh three pm, Tammy Marie Myers tried to exit a Mulberry Walmart carrying a fifteen dollars plus one bullet vibrator. And I looked at her mugshot and it's not somebody you'd want to imagine.
Speaker 1: No, never is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, that's it for that Walmart story.
Speaker 1: That's the one you do this on.
Speaker 2: Couldn't you have ended that disgusting story about the canon soup that way I could have given it. And that's enough about the worms in this soup?
Speaker 1: Can you just wanted to be lastedn't you? You just want to? Son of a bitch. I ticked it out better than you did for weekend.
Speaker 3: Also, deputies with the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office responded to another Walmart, this one in Venice after a nine to one one call regarding a shooting. The caller reported seeing a trail of blood near the bathroom area at the front of the store. Responding deputies evacuated the place. A short while later, an individual suffering from an apparent gunshot wound I believe to his crotch, was located at the Memorial Hospital campus in Venice. Deputy say Surveillance video from the Walmart showed a man entering the store with a holstered gun in the waistband of his shorts. While attempting to adjust the gun and the holster, the gun discharged and struck the man in the leg and growing area. They said it was an isolated incident with no threat to the public. We have a mother of the day and the mother of the day thing. Oh sure, I've got that. I can make that happen for you, for sure, mother.
Speaker 1: Of them.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a father of the day too. But we don't have that. We just have the one thing. A husband and wife are facing child neglect charges after Broward Sheriff's Office deputy said one of their young daughters. Then they have two daughters, ages two and four. One of those tested positive for cocaine. Records show the authorities took Charles Bernard Adams and Alexandra Shawna Adams, both of Pompino Beach, in the custody on Wednesday. The report doesn't state which of the two girls tested positive for the drug, but tipanies were called to the couple's home last Thursday after medics took one of the girls to the hospital when she was found unresponsive. They said they had put the girl to bed for a nap around noon, and the couple took the nap as well. He was awoken by the girl in her shallow breathing, leading him to call nine to one one. Both the mother and father were taken into custody, where they tested positive for amphetamines, Benzo's and kretim, which I didn't even know you could test for creative I didn't know you test for stuff that's legal. I guess some of those stuff. Some of those things are legal in prescription form. But workers with the Florida Department of Children and Families took both girls into state custody, and both parents are now each facing two counts of child neglect, and a judge ordered they be held on a thirty thousand dollars bond. They're not to have contact with daughters and mustubmit to drug tests and GPS monitoring. Things are going well for this couple and last, but not least, in this week in Florida, in Coco not to be confused with Cocobech, a twenty year old man is accused of grabbing a female DoorDash driver during a food delivery while he was completely naked. According to police, not only completely naked, but I saw a different article on this that said that he was fully oh wow, yeah, really excited about that DoorDash delivery. The woman told police she was delivering a food order to the residence when a man opened the door and walked out in the buff told police she dropped the order on the ground when she saw the man, identified as Jamar Carter, and headed back to her vehicle. According to the report Carter file, the woman grabbed her by her hip and pressed the front of his body against her back as she tried to get away. He tried to take things further. Jeez Skaters later talked with him. He said he wasn't home and he didn't place the door dash order, but after checking his phone, guess what, they found a receipt for delivered food. He was arrested on charges of attempted kidnapping and attempted sexual battery. And that's it for this week in Florida. Thank you, Sea Lane. All Right, we're going to take a quick break. When we come back, we got to get into this actor who was stabbed in the bizarre story behind this this food truck story that's starting to go viral that I got, and the final conclusion very heavily anticipated of the Lego theft caper.
Speaker 2: All right, and we have the conclusion of this whole story to wrap it up for the week. And all of that is coming up Next on the News Junkie, a family says the city water that is running into their house is hurting them. It is painting them, It is doing something to them. And his father says his daughter is being burned by the water. Which I know what you're gonna say. You're gonna say, Sean, if your daughter is being burned by the water, turn down the heat and then she won't be burned by the water anymore. She's getting scalded by hot water. It's not hot water.
Speaker 1: She says.
Speaker 2: There's something in the water that is hurting this family. And it's pretty crazy. This story is out of Trinidad, Texas. Let's figure out what we can know about that seland how big of a town is this, Trinidad, Texas where they got some let's see dangerous water that's rolling around. And the daughter says she's got burns all over her face from just going in and trying to take a shower, and she blames the water. There's something wrong with it that's hurting them. Basically, how many people in Trinidad text this is oh, oh my, I don't even know how you're calling this a city. It says Trinidad is a city in Henderson County, and then I go down to population twenty twenty four, eight hundred and sixty people.
Speaker 1: Oh god, this is a small town.
Speaker 2: And they say that the public water, the water that you get from the city, is doing harm to them. I'm looking right now at the thumbnail for this Fox video Fox four News, and her face, the daughter, her face.
Speaker 1: Is all like red in Oh my god. Her legs look like they have chemical burns on them.
Speaker 2: So this is not just the water being too hot. This is no, there's something in it. No. When when I say burned, I mean there's something in the water. There's something that's happening here. And the family says that it's it's in the public water and we need to investigate. Let's see what they found out. Over at Fox.
Speaker 14: Four, the parents of a North Texas teen are weighing legal action after they say their daughters suffered a chemical burn after taking a shower.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've been in Trinidad.
Speaker 9: That's in Henderson County.
Speaker 1: City leaders of it.
Speaker 15: There are issues with the water and they are actively, they say, trying to address those.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, that's big for the potential lawsuit side of this. If the city leaders are saying, how can we admit it? In Grinidad, Texas, we do have a little bit of a problem with the water, and that I think is probably good for their case here. But I don't know if they're admitting to like the chemical stuff or admitting to what is causing this for this family. Let's learn some more.
Speaker 1: Here's Fox Worst Davison Terry has her story.
Speaker 9: They said it was chemical exposure. Chemical burns a sixteen year old girls all of her face, legs, and arms. This's not a laughing matter covered in rash.
Speaker 13: That broke my heart being a mom watching my child lay there and suffer and cry and looking like she's literally been burned from head to toe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not good. It looks like something bad is happening here. I don't know what it is or what that would be from. They got a mason jar of water, which is I don't know. I don't know what it is about water. When you're trying to show somebody what kind of condition it's in, put a mason jar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put it in the mason just like AOC.
Speaker 2: She just has a briefcase full of mason jars with brown, dirty water and them you get like a muddy mason jar full of water and then you show everybody. But now this one looks crystal clear best I can tell.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's something I'm not seeing.
Speaker 9: Family believes their city's water is responsible. I do strongly believe that this with my daughter has something to do with the water.
Speaker 13: And we've always had a problem with this water since we lived here. It's always been discolored smells.
Speaker 9: David and Misty Logan live in Trinidad.
Speaker 1: Now real quick.
Speaker 2: In my experience, I grew up with a well water out of the well in the acreage.
Speaker 1: It's not fancy. This was it was.
Speaker 2: It was a kind of water that stains your house. That's what I grew up showering in a point. You grew up with just a well, just well well water. I mean I was gonna say, I have a well well. This is all we had. It was our only source of water. And it was gross and it's stunk. And when I had friends over and they had asked for a glass of water, I'd give them a glass of water and they'd.
Speaker 1: Be like eh, and I'd be like, I know, it's even normal to me. I drink this all the time.
Speaker 2: Glug glug, glug, and they would make fun of me because our water was gross. In my adult life, I always thought that like well, water would be the worst option or something.
Speaker 1: But I did go to a nice hotel.
Speaker 2: This was a higher end hotel in New Orleans, and I got the city top water there. One time, in the top water, I poured it into a glass and looked at the water and there was all kinds of stuff in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: So sometimes the city water is not as good in certain places. You might have had some experience with that, and if you have, let us know. But this family's saying it's dangerous.
Speaker 9: City leaders admit they are ongoing water issues. State officials are investing. Viewers continue to send Fox four images of discolored water, including this video. Yeah, in a residence here for twenty years, it's always been nasty water.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 9: The sixteen year old's parents say her skin issues began after taking a shower on May twenty eighth. At first, they did not know what to think.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is one of those really basic things where it makes me hate politicians, where I say, here's the deal. If you can't give us the most basic necessity of clean water, to our houses. You're all fired, every one of you, every elected leader, if you can't go to Flint, Michigan, any place where they have these issues. All let down by politicians generation after generation after generation who let infrastructure fail and let pipes start to rust, and they had pipes that had let in them and all of these different things. You have been let down by these loser politicians. Every one of them should be fired. And this is like the most basic thing in the world. You should have to pay a dime more of taxes and so they can guarantee the most basic necessity of clean water.
Speaker 1: That's it. It's not a lot, it's not a lot to ask for.
Speaker 9: But after taking two additional showers to try and relieve pain, her skin became more irritated.
Speaker 13: The only thing we come to the conclusion on is each time you got in that water to try to relieve yourself, it only made it worse.
Speaker 9: The girl's parents took her to ChEls Health in Dallas. Medical records the family provided to Fox four read chemical exposure most likely chemical burn, severe dermatitis from water she was exposed to.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 9: A Facebook post by City of Trinidad shows it's in the middle of a month long process changing a disinfectant in its water system.
Speaker 2: Oh great, so this is the city right here, This is them admitting this important water notice, temporary conversion to free chlorine. It says, from chlora mean to free chlorine. The conversion will begin April twenty seventh and continue through May thirtieth. And I guess that was the time when this happened, and they so why is the city making this change? The City of Trinidad has chosen to implement temporary disinfected conversion to free chlorine based on the following the amount and various locations of dirty water complaints. So they're admitting to having a lot of problems in this town for sure.
Speaker 9: A temporary conversion from chloramine to free chlorine partnered with flushing activities. See what it looks like, See what you're actually drinking. To be clear, we do not know if recent treatments led to the girls rash, but an attorney for the family posted a preliminary test strip result to X appearing to show quote dangerous free chlorine levels in the Logan family's water.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I don't know they were screwing with this or not, but that the test is supposed to be white if it has none in there and it's purple, which is bad. Free chlorine levels above four parts per million in drinking water considered dangerous. You think they have a case here.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you think.
Speaker 2: If you had any experience with anything like this, send us a dispatcher an email to tips tips at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: That sucks, man.
Speaker 2: And she's a young girl, sixteen, and you want to have been relieving herself in the water. You want to make sure when you're relieving yourself that you're not doing more damage. And you every time you just try to take a shower, you end up with these like welts all over your body and chemical burns.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: I mean that's enough to make anybody upset, I think. But there you go. That's the story out of Trinidad, Texas. Good luck folks over there, all right, all eight hundred of you, yeah, all eight hundred and most of them with dirty water issues.
Speaker 1: It would it would appear send us.
Speaker 2: Your dispatches over on the news junkie dot com and work those and in just a bit we also have our friend Mo de Witt of the DeWitt Law Firm and boil.
Speaker 1: Boy Sealane, do we have have some questions for him? We are going to talk about Legos. We are gonna lego him up.
Speaker 2: We got the final chapter and the whole stolen Legos.
Speaker 1: Can't say that.
Speaker 3: Because you know, when this thing ramps up next week, when it just gets crazier and crazier, I believe we've hit the end of the story.
Speaker 2: I think we'll wrap it all up with the Bow in just a bit here. Jury Duty's on the way and that's coming up next.
Speaker 1: In the news Junkie, there's people who just don't like it. They scream about the e bikes in their neighborhood. Josh is one of the culprits. He's usually zipping around on some e bike or scooters somewhere.
Speaker 2: Some old person with a newspaper in their hand, all you know, balled up and ready to attack. That is the frequent occurrence that we see on this show.
Speaker 1: And look catching me bro and he.
Speaker 2: Just jets out of there, and then there's some old person screaming at the clouds behind him.
Speaker 1: It happens so much.
Speaker 2: These people, the older people in particular, to hate the e bikes they hate them. I have a solution to this. I've proposed it. I don't know if they'll accept it, but my solution is we need to have like a public reading of the rules, and then we need to enforce the rules after that. Because you're not supposed to be driving these things on the sidewalk. I think that's where the breakdown occurs. I think you're not supposed to be driving on the sidewalk. That makes the old people mad and then they start screaming at things. But we have a winner here in terms of just the craziest reaction to anybody on these e bikes that I've ever seen, and it's going to lead us today, I guess right here in this glorious segment.
Speaker 1: So let's jump in. Let's do jury duty. Court is now in session, and so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to win your You're knowing jury duty with the News Junkie. Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mode wits. He is Moses. I got cooties. You want to hang out with me in garage? Put shoes on? While your attitude Lately, Yeah, I've been working on my attitude and my shoes all year long.
Speaker 2: I wear shoes every day on the show. Last year I didn't wear shoes, and people commented on it too much. Made me a little bit self conscious about the lack of shoes in the studio. So I tried to up my game a little bit. But I want to tell you this story, and Moses tell me what kind of trouble. This gentleman's in and his name is Chad Larsen, and he was d this Chad who was upset about some of these young kids on their e bikes. I bring to you their story. Courtesy of Live five News. This guy lost it. He melted down.
Speaker 5: That's a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could say that, there's one way to say there. He is now pleasant.
Speaker 7: Police say a man has been arrested after his alleged response to being the repeated target of a ding Dong ditch prank.
Speaker 2: Okay, the kids were using the e bikes and they were doing the old ding Dong ditch prank and this guy goes, if you do this one more time, I am going to get you, and then they did it one more time.
Speaker 7: Screen here this is the man in question, Chad Marson, fifty years old, He's been charged with kidnapping as well as assault and battery. Larsen reportedly told police that two weeks ago, children started ringing his doorbell and running away. After multiple interactions with the children, Larsen allegedly hid in his neighbors bushed weight until they got closer.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're an adult.
Speaker 3: Isn't there like an elevated charge or just a separate charge for lying in?
Speaker 1: Wait? Is there? MoU is that?
Speaker 15: I think it's usually an element, at least in Florida's an element of the crime.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this guy hides in the bushes like gargamel in the Smurfs or something is waiting there to pull off his caper. He's in the bushes and the kids come back for another round of ding dong ditch.
Speaker 7: Tackle them off their e bites. Now, the police report says that Larson dragged one of the children into his home, where police eventually showed up and arrested him. The police report also says that Larson was fully cooperative with authorities, but has not yet had a bond set.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this guy grabbed one of the kids, knocked them all off their bikes, and they came back and he dragged one of them into his.
Speaker 1: Home for doing this.
Speaker 2: Nothing that that's that's a bad idea to say the least.
Speaker 1: Moses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says Chad Larson is charged with kidnapping as salt and battery of a high and aggravated nature. Explain that.
Speaker 15: I don't exactly know. I mean, it's I was like, it's more maybe just deliberate mm hmm. But I mean kidnapping would always be deliberate.
Speaker 1: So right, well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I guess what's say this this out of this is out of South Carolina and Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, where this guy did by Charleston, Okay, And they said he's charged with that in battery in the third degree. He said he told him two weeks ago children started ringing his doorbell and running away. Sometime during those two weeks, he claimed the responding officer that he had driven around to try to track down the kids.
Speaker 1: Two weeks of absolute hell for this guy. Oh, this guy's like, I've gotta got ya. I'm gonna get your kids.
Speaker 2: And they said an unnamed individual woke Larson from a nap on Monday.
Speaker 15: Oh, looking from a nap, I mean, now it's kind of understandable.
Speaker 2: Judge dismisses the case on account of the app and they said a group of children were outside and they wanted to speak with him. He went outside under the assumption that the children wanted to apologize, but Larson alleged they use the opportunity to taunt him and then take off on their e bikes again, So they kind of you know, natty Nati booboo or whatever this guy and then haul ass on their e bikes again. He then went to his neighbor to inform them that the children were back, before realizing they were swinging back around and he hatched his plan.
Speaker 1: So he decides, I'm going to hide out here in the bushes. That's my move.
Speaker 2: Police say around three pm, he realized the children were coming, and he hid in his neighbor's bush to wait until they got close enough, and then tackled them off their e bikes. Two children were knocked off their e bikes and he had both children on the ground and was holding them down. The report stated one of the children who he had by the ankle. This guy's literally like a comic book villain, capturing little kids in the neighborhood. They said, what are the kids that he had by the ankle was able to get free. The other one he grabbed by the neck, and he tried to bring them inside to his own home. He was holding a rock while holding the child at some point and he said, I should I should hit you with this ro Josh is what he said to the kid, And it was Josh. He said he he did all this to find out who the children were. When the police got on the scene, officers saw Larson holding out of the child through a closed glass door. The handle had been broken off and an officer had to retrieve it and opened the door. They called ems and he cooperated. He said he knows what he did was wrong, but he continued to speak as though the juveniles were the ones doing wrong. Said the officer in the report, This guy in big trouble, moses, what's he looking at?
Speaker 1: You see?
Speaker 15: Yeah, he's in some trouble there, you know. I mean, if he's a first time offender, he might be able to get probation or something like that. But in general, kidnapping children is frowned upon.
Speaker 2: What do you do instead, like if you're somebody, yes, instead of kidnapping and tackling the kids off to the e bikes. Is there some sort of recourse that exploding old people can do instead of doing this and risking the prison time.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean what.
Speaker 15: Most normal, old, grumpy people do is just repeatedly call the police until they're sick and tired of dealing with you and they out and do something.
Speaker 2: Is there anything they can get the kids on just I guess harassment.
Speaker 15: Maybe some criminal mischief or something like that, depending what they did. You know, if they did anything beyond just the ding dong ditch or maybe a harassment or if it goes on long enough, you might be able to get an injunction against them or something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, we know for a fact that some of these kids actually when they say ding dong ditch, they'll they'll like jump and kick the front doors of these people's houses. And oh yeah, some of them have gone from ding dong ditching to it's breaking and entering. Was the entering right pretty close to it? Let us know what you think and if you think this guy was in the wrong, I'm sure you might wind up with that. Send us a dispatch over at thenewschunkie dot com right now. Moses, so good to see us, so good to have you here, and I want to ask you some questions. If you don't mind, will you take our questions Moses, I'll consider it if you behave What can we give him that won't throw him off at the beginning so we won't break out and think we're weirdos again?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Real quick one that we talked about I think yesterday, or maybe it was Wednesday, Maybe Josh Josh was here for this, so it was Wednesday. Does the woman There was a woman in Pennsylvania who put herself on an exclusion list, like a self exclusion list for casinos because she's got a gambling problem enough that despite putting herself on the list, she showed up at a casino and won a huge jackpot on a slot machine. Good for her, and she's upset that they won't give her the money because she was on the band list. Interesting, does she have any legal right to this money? Or I mean, what do the casinos have to do for this sort of list? Like is it their fault for letting her in and not knowing that she was on this list?
Speaker 2: Realizing one of sea Land's points, which is a good point, is we don't believe we might be wrong, but we don't believe that if she was to lose a whole bunch of money that they would refund that once they found out that she was on the band list. So therefore they're gonna they would take her money, but they won't give her a jackpot.
Speaker 15: So I mean, basically, any wagers that she makes there are not supposed to be honored. So that's why they're not going to pay out the jackpot. Now, it is questionable whether she made other wagers and lost, whether they would give her that money there, but she's voluntarily agreed to not gamble there. Basically, she's entered into a contract with the casino saying I will not gamble here. I'm on this list. So she's treated she's barred from from the casino, and any wager that she makes is not supposed to be honor.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 15: You know, obviously, when somebody wins, the casino says we're not gonna honor it. When you lose, it might be a different different story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, this lady, it's interesting because it kind of feels like, hey, it's on you to enforce people not allowed in your casino not being in your casino.
Speaker 3: And Josh brought up the what was the casino in New Orleans the Caesars. The Caesars could easily have avoided this whole situation because you have to scan your your legal ID on the way in, and they could easily just match that up with the list and it wouldn't be a problem. Where this is now, it's not kind of on them to enforce this thing that it's not their list, it's the state's list. So it's something that they didn't really like enact themselves, so they just have to kind of be compliant with it. And I think they sk the bet on this one.
Speaker 15: Yeah, But also, I mean, is there really any better way to discourage somebody from gambling than saying you can't keep any of your winnings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if she keeps the winnings, then it just kind of nullifies the list.
Speaker 3: But in this case, I think that typically when this happens, because it's not the first time it's happened, the winnings go to the state Gaming Board, specifically towards programm that keep the list intact and probably pay for Gambler.
Speaker 2: Yeah eight eight, yeah, Yeah, those are the commercials real quick. I wanted to tell people about this story that's starting to get some attention, and I wanted to get Moses vibes on this. Josh stay by the dump button. I do not know if they curse during this video. Today, a man from Florida walked in to a South Florida restaurant called Palm Beach Best Wings. That's how you know they've got the best wings. They tell you in the name on the food truck that place in New York with the number one cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did it.
Speaker 2: The Palm Beach Best Wings is the name of this food truck. And when the guy goes up to Palm Beach Best Wings, the chef was asleep, so he started walking around and he's filming himself as this happened.
Speaker 1: So I'll try this. Let's if he curses.
Speaker 2: If he does, I'll just take out the audio and explain it to everybody.
Speaker 9: Everybody else but.
Speaker 1: The Best Wings.
Speaker 2: Because when I got there again with all the content creators pulling up saying he's the best Wings in Pobbly Beach County. All right, So there's other people on TikTok and social media saying this wing place is the best, They're the best. And then this guy goes, all right, I'm gonna go try it.
Speaker 1: They's selling dirty ass wings. Bruh.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna prove it, and I'm gonna show you how they're selling dirty ass wings.
Speaker 1: But the chef is sleeping. As he walks up to the food truck. The chef is nodding off.
Speaker 2: He's asleep over here in this chair, like a full dout chair. Oh yeah, that, I'll mut it for the rest of it. So he sees that the chef is sleeping. He's sitting in this chair and he's sleeping, and then he goes into the food truck. He wanders into the food truck and starts filming around it, opens the door, look films himself going in there, or at least he's on the edge kind of filming in. And I don't know if he's zooming in. I think he's still right the outside. Oh now he's in. Now he's in. He's filming the food inside this food truck, showing the chicken wings and the product that this guy says and saying it's really disgusting in there. And then somebody pops up. The guy wakes up and sells him some chicken wings. I guess he says, I'm gonna give you the best chicken wings you ever had in your life. And this guy posts this online, and I guess the owner of the food truck has responded saying they'll take legal action because he trespassed.
Speaker 1: Into their kitchen.
Speaker 2: It's a food truck, Moses, But is that still trespassing?
Speaker 1: You're going up in somebody's food truck.
Speaker 15: Y, it would be no different than entering into somebody's vehicle, So you know, it'd be one thing if he just filmed kind of the initial shots or from outside through the door in places that are in plane view, or you can visibly be seen visibly without stepping foot inside. But second he steps foot inside, he has committed a crime, right, and this guy filmed himself to it. Okay, random question, But I don't think.
Speaker 3: The the charge is any worse because this is a vehicle versus a brick and mortar restaurant. What if it were a food boat, don't aren't there rules on the sea a little bit different, Like if you jump onto somebody else's boat, it's kind of piracy like. And so if it was a food boat and they walked in just to show how dirty it was could this be a little elevated crime.
Speaker 15: It depends what what type of body of water you're on, whether it's a navigable water or navigable water, and whether.
Speaker 1: I didn't I expect if you told me some stupid question. I thought he was going to tell you were a dummy free even asking that, But he hits you with it.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, he knows the piracy laws. Somebody says they are really really good wings. Please don't ruin this for me. I mean, did it look shockingly that bad? I'll put it up on sea now.
Speaker 1: So he has fallen asleep outside and then they show like his shoes are a little dirty. Okay, a big deal.
Speaker 2: And then they go inside the food truck. It's got cardboard on the floor, and the things are not quite as orderly as you might want them to be. It's got all of the little wing sauces, the mixing out. The chicken wings are in like a big tuppleware thing. They're at room temperature, so maybe that's not good. Are they already cooked? They cooked already, yeah, so that would be fine. You might need to have those refrigerated. Yeah, they're gonna get to the danger zone for temperature.
Speaker 1: At the end.
Speaker 2: It's weird that he goes does he order the food. I'm gonna try to turn this back up, Josh Dump. I'm sorry. I will make the beddamn wings, make the best, damn wings.
Speaker 1: They slowed them down. I don't know if they slowed them down. I don't just talk like that's just a little little nefarious that way. Yeah you think so. Is that why he was? We don't have any proof of that. But if he wants to.
Speaker 2: Say something like that on the Lawyer's here food truck over there in South Florida, Palm Beach best Wings. They filmed this poor guy, and now he says he wants to take some legal action. We're going to take a quick break. When we come back, we're going to hear from you. I'll work in more of your dispatches. We will have the grand finale, all right, We'll have the grand finale, the Lego.
Speaker 1: Saga when we come back.
Speaker 2: Moses Legos, that's right, excited we're talking about I'll give you all the drama that's going on, and we'll wrap up that whole story that we've been talking about over the past couple of days. That's coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get into the finale this saga.
Speaker 2: It's a very complicated story, but there's no better way to wrap it up than this. We've been talking about this over the last couple of days, and then I threatened to talk about it like I think two days before that. So basically, this Lego theft caper has taken up a decent percentage of our week here on the show. There's been a lot of chat about this, and now at least we can wrap it up because there's some pretty big developments I want to focus in on.
Speaker 1: But first let's do the Power Hour. They said it couldn't be done. Then they said, I've gotta gotcha. I'm gonna get your kids. It's time for the Power Hour on the news. Did you ever catch them?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: Now Unfortunately, no such luck on that one. All right, Moses, have you seen any of this big online drama over the Lego collection theft?
Speaker 1: Yes or no? No? I have not. Okay, all right, I'm going to bring you up the speed as best I can. Now.
Speaker 2: This happened in Salt Lake City, Utah, in Utah, in general, CT and also Salem, Oregon. Those are the two main locations. There was a man. He's an older man, he's in his eighties, I think, and he had the world's biggest collection of Star Wars legos.
Speaker 1: All right, pretty impressive collection.
Speaker 2: It was worth anywhere from let's say, one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: To two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Now he claims he is worth two hundred thousand dollars, but it was a very big and impressive collection of Star Wars legos. Then they went to a place called Bricks and Minifigs. I don't know if you've ever heard of this, but it's a sea land. We decide if they're Lego affiliated or that that's not fair to call them Lego affiliated.
Speaker 1: They're I don't maybe authorize reseller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are a place that sells legos and they do kids' birthday parties. And there's one location in particular that took on this guy's crazy Star Wars lego collection on a consignment and they brought the collection in. The idea was that they were going to sell his collection. They put little stickers on all of his items so that when they sold, they would put that money to the side, and then this guy would come each month over to the right register and go, hey, we know how much of my stuff is sold, and they would make some payments to him. The problem is the woman who was running this bricks and minifigs store, her husband's kind of a wild card. I guess he has a printing company that makes like an Antifa magazine or something, and he was worried about Trump arresting him, and so he panicked and he fled.
Speaker 1: The United States of America. Doesn't even seem like he needed to do.
Speaker 2: That, but he did it anyways, and he flees the US and she has to ditch the bricks in minifigs legos store that she was operating, and a new owner comes in. The new owner comes in and the inventory is still there from this Star Wars lego guy. And the guy said that the new owners would not stick to the consignment deal he had with the previous owner. They started to threaten him with legal action. He said, I'll sue you. You've got my legos. Either do one of two things, and that's what everything comes to in this case. One of two things. Give me my money or give me the legos back.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's all the people wanted.
Speaker 2: They wanted the money or their legos back, and they said, go and sue us then, because you're going to spend more suing us than you would ever get out of this.
Speaker 1: And they got into a back and forth.
Speaker 2: Now a YouTuber named Reckless Ben comes into the equation. He takes this story, he makes some YouTube videos telling everybody about what's going on with these stolen legos, and they're trying to get the back.
Speaker 1: The cops get involved.
Speaker 2: There's all sorts of stuff that rolls out from this, but let's start the most basic point here with your legal opinion on this, Moses. If I make a deal, let's say with Sea Lane at Sea Lane's store, and I go, will you sell my stuff? And Selan goes, yeah, we make a consignment deal. And then Josh takes over Sea Lane store and Josh goes, you didn't have a consignment deal with me. Damn right, I don't know what you're talking about. This is just my inventory right now. Does a person have a case there or are they screwed or what does that look like too?
Speaker 15: No, they sell a case because that property never belonged to the store. The store's holding that property in trust to sell on a consignment basis, and you know, obviously to where they get a commission if they sell it, but the store doesn't. That's not the store's asset. So they're holding the property in trust and they are obligated to give that property back. And when you purchase a store, you purchase all the assets and the liabilities, and somebody's property and trust would be a liability.
Speaker 1: Do you purchase their contraction obligations? You do?
Speaker 15: You inherit the contractual obligations as well. The only time that you could possibly wipe out some contractual obligations would be if you went through like a bankruptcy or something like that. But even they are a consignment deal where you're holding somebody's property and trust, because again that's not your property. That's going to have to be returned back to the rightful owner.
Speaker 1: Well, this YouTuber mo he gets involved and he starts kind of trying to get the legos back. He's being creative. He's setting up his own fake company. He made a mock logo that.
Speaker 2: Says we steal from old people, and he was selling the merch right outside the bricks and minifig store. He was fighting for the little guy to get their money and their stuff back, and they ended up arresting him on some harassment charge. They got the cops in Utah involved in this, and they got him on a harassment charge. Now, one thing that was pretty interesting about this was when the cops arrived. At one point, he was waiting outside the new store owner's house and he was waiting with a woman who as a process server, he said, and she was going to go up and he was going to film her as she was serving the papers for this lawsuit, and they wouldn't take the papers. What are the rules on that? You know, somebody's like trying to avoid a process server. He started saying she was a fake process server. Blah blah blah, the papers were fake as well. Yeah, that the papers were fake, which they didn't turn out to be, But what are the rules with that?
Speaker 1: With people trying to avoid being served? So typically you.
Speaker 15: Don't have to accept the papers once they identify you and they hand them to you and say you've been served. You've been served. You can drop the papers on the ground, you can tear them up, you can do whatever you want with them, but you've still been served. Now, Additionally, you know, even if you're inside and let's say the process server can like identify you through the glass, he can actually leave them at your doorstep as long as he can visually identify you, especially if you've been evading service. So basically, as long as they can identify you and say, this is who you are. You know, I looked at their driver's license photo or whatever it may be, this is the same person, and they can just hand them to you and that's all they have to do.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he even said that if he saw the guy and was up close, he could just throw the papers on the ground and that would be equivalent to serving the lawsuit.
Speaker 1: And you're saying that that even would do, that would do enough. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: So he gave the cop the documents, and the cop brought him up to the guy and he's like, you know, he wants me to give these to you, and the guy said, no, I don't want them.
Speaker 1: I don't want these documents.
Speaker 2: And everybody who was watching this was like, why wouldn't the cop just hand them the documents and tell them to take them. With a police officer getting involved, does that make things more complicated in some way? Or could the cop have just said, hey, we're going to get this over with, just take the stupid papers.
Speaker 15: Well, I mean, in at least in Florida, you can have the share factor as your process server and go out of physically serve the person. Now yeah, this here, it seems like the police officer a sort of trying to be an intermediary, and really we didn't need an intermediary. The process servers need to go up and give the guy the documents. Now Here the process service identified the person, the cop hand them the documents, he could take them, he can not take them. But they still been served.
Speaker 2: And the last thing I wanted to ask you about this was kind of my favorite part of this. Moses, the YouTuber guy had somebody go to his house and in the art of trying to serve papers to this guy, they dressed up as a UPS delivery driver.
Speaker 1: They had a.
Speaker 2: UPS hat on, they had a fake package in front of them. The package had some rubber ducks in it, and they were delivering the fake package of the house. Then they were gonna go, are you this person, I've got a delivery for him, And when they said yes, they're gonna be like, you've been served, And.
Speaker 1: The guy got so mad about that.
Speaker 2: That he called the cops as well, and he said that they were like, you know, pretending to be something that they were. Can a process server pretend to be a delivery driver and pull that off?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I mean a lot of times they'll be pizza delivery drivers and so they'll knock on your door with like a pizza box, and you know, you'll open the doors they ought to order a pizza. They'll be like, well, what addresses this?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 15: And then they'll serve you. So, I mean that happens all the time. Especially you know a lot of times people really do try to evade service. They dodge process servers. They know they're trying to get them, and so they have to use see these kinds of tactics.
Speaker 1: Is there a benefit to evading the service for them?
Speaker 2: Like just delay? Okay, to just make things go wrong. It's not illegal to evade service. Now can you just email people?
Speaker 15: Well, I mean that you know that's probably the next step of some sort. But you know we all have a bunch of email addresses too, so you get send an email exactly.
Speaker 1: So okay, you could say you didn't get it.
Speaker 15: So yeah, so this is the way where you actually have to have notice essentially.
Speaker 2: Well the big update from this whole caper and everything that happened to it. Bricks and Minifigs, the company that has over three hundred locations brings in hundreds of millions of dollars, is now parting ways with the two owners of that particular location of Bricks and Minifigs that started this whole drama. They are parting ways with Brandon Best and Joshua Johnson.
Speaker 3: Joshua was the guy that was saying that the papers were fake and that he was being harassed and demanding the cops find anything to charge this YouTuber with, including lying to the cops about him having like heroin and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there was an anonymous call that came in that suggested he had heroin in his vehicle, and Bricks and Minifix says, We've been asking for documentation for a long time. We'd ask mister Manzel and others and did not receive enough to give us a clear picture until recently, thanks to internal and external operations assistant and those who continue to stand with us, we finally have enough to proceed with the resolution, says the CEO of Bricks and Minifigs. And now that we do, Brian. We continue to offer to sit down with you, and we're prepared to discuss dropping our lawsuit against you. Let's go through the spreadsheets and the point of sale data together to ensure that you are made whole monetarily and ensure that whatever Star Wars lego was or remains in the Salem store, whether you identify it as yours or not, you can have it. We will ensure that you are compensated for anything unaccounted for, including what miss law Slash Corman failed to compensate you for without your knowledge.
Speaker 1: We are ready when you are.
Speaker 2: So they're basically saying, please stop it, come get the Star Wars legos. All right, we'll make a deal here, which is very different from what the CEO is previously saying to this guy. And I've got some more clips from the CEO. Let's see what he says here. I guess he was talking to a Fox affiliate about all of this.
Speaker 16: As people say, try to just settle Brian's collection and move on and make everyone forget it.
Speaker 9: Was that ever an option?
Speaker 17: Oh, We've been working to try and work with mister Mansell for a good little while. We've asked for documentation as far back as a year ago. But we continue to reach out to try and you know, get towards a resolution with the man Cell family on this matter.
Speaker 16: And have you and mister Mansell ever talked directly one on one.
Speaker 1: Not as of yet.
Speaker 17: I have sent direct messages to the man Cell family and to mister man Cell specifically seeking to have a sit down meeting, meet at the table and go over all the documentation that we have and to be able to talk through and from our side of things if there, you know, like have been any missteps through the transition of the store.
Speaker 1: We want to make things right.
Speaker 9: We want to do what's right by the customer.
Speaker 1: But this is hilarious, by the way, because this is such a change in tone. The change in tone was from resistance and like we're going to sue you will have your ass in court to getting absolutely dunked in the public sphere and thinking that your business is on the verge of collapse here and saying like, no, we're just really interested in solving this.
Speaker 2: They hey, by the way, I want to present their story very quickly as we wrap this up. They blame the other owner of the store. They blame the woman and her Antifa Printon husband. They say that they were keeping a bad version of the books, and they sold a bunch of the collection and didn't properly pay this guy, and that they weren't being totally honest. But they still do have a lot of the collection and now they say they're willing to give it back, and that's not without some retribution. Because minifigs dot me, which is a company that makes the little minifigurines and has been around this bricks and minifix company since the beginning, they said, hello, Nick and Caroline here, owners of minifigs dot Me. As many of our customers will be aware, serious allegations have recently been made against the franchise in the USA called Bricks and Minifigs by YouTuber reckless men. We have been suppliers for this company for many weere years as they grew from a single store to many, but we can no longer continue to do this in good conscience.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they're going to lose other minifigs. That's it, They're losing them.
Speaker 2: We've been waiting for some of the facts to become more clear, waiting for some other information to come to light before making this decision. But at this point we have to stand by our principles. They say, this is an extremely costly decision for us, but they are no longer working with the Bricks and Minifigs company, so the.
Speaker 1: Fallout is real. Folks change the name to just bricks. Yeah, no mini figs in sight, it's not happening. So we'll see. That could be the ed of it right there.
Speaker 2: They say that they are parting ways with the other two owner guys. They say that they will drop the lawsuit at least against the guy with the collection. They say that they're ready to resolve all of this and that could be a nice little end to this. I'll tell you what could be a nice little end of the show. You and your spectacular dispatches, your final questions for our friend Moses to wit as we head into the weekend. Here to tips at the Newsjunkie dot com, and just any other questions or concerns you might have. Is we have some fun and power our roles on because that is coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Mo to win.
Speaker 2: Our friend is hanging out with us. Here we cruised through the show. Most of you got big plans this weekend. What are you up to man doing absolutely nothing. Yeah, you know what. Normally I'd be like, oh, what a bummer. I know that you have been begging for that for quite some time, actually more than you.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Last folks, last week, Moe is in my studio and he's about to leave, and I go, what do you What do you got to do for the rest of the day. He's like, Okay, in an hour and a half, I'm headed to the airport, and then I gotta fly to this place in this small town. And then I got to fly to this place the next day, and I got ja Alabama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where did you go?
Speaker 15: Which place is Andalujah, Alabama?
Speaker 2: Andalujah, Alabama? You stopping Greenbow?
Speaker 1: Nope, didn't make it that far. Where else were you as one?
Speaker 2: I think Gwinnette, Georgia, Gwinnett, Georgia and mos bouncing around working on some stuff, go to these small towns and just like, not a breath, not a moment to relax.
Speaker 3: How's the chicken parm in Ambrosia, Alabama?
Speaker 1: There was a Zaxby's.
Speaker 15: That's probably the question, Zach Smack.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you.
Speaker 2: I think he won't admit it, but I think we're now to the point where Moses is like, should I have started this chicken palm bit?
Speaker 1: Should? Was this a good idea?
Speaker 2: Now everywhere I go people only want to talk to me about chicken parm, which I guess is better than just legal stuff all the time, just asking your random legal questions and stuff.
Speaker 1: But it's piling on out here.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see here, We got some stuff on the way out, and if you have any questions for Moses, you can always send those through. You guys, know the actor James Handy. Anybody recognize that name in the slightest.
Speaker 1: I do from today's news.
Speaker 2: That's about it. All right, that's about it. You you know his movies Top Gun Maverick. Anybody's seen that one?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Not so yeah, Josh hasn't because he's non American. The Rocketeer, Josh, you've seen the Rocketeer?
Speaker 1: No, I remember the Rocketeer. Have you seen the original Jumanji? Yes? Okay.
Speaker 2: Finally, finally we landed on one James Handy, this old dude who had been in a bunch of these movies, This guy known for his roles in Jumanji, Top Gun, Maverick and other movies, was stabbed what am I saying it wrong?
Speaker 1: This guy over here, he was in that film Jamanji. Here's a couple of bucks. Go watch Jumanji. Did I say, Look, I'm in the weekend mode here?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm I'm I'm ready for some downtime to Moses, I'm with you here. I want to talk about James Handy very quickly because he did die.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: He was stabbed to death by his girlfriend's son, and his girlfriend's son was crazy as hell. I don't know if they'll have the quote in here, but when he called nine one one, there's a particular quote that the Sun said after stabbing this actor.
Speaker 1: If it's not in this, i'll tell you.
Speaker 14: Andy is dead after being repeatedly stabbed in California, and official say the crime was committed by his son's girlfriend. Got it wrong, girlfriend's son. Rather, they say Handy was stabbed multiple times in the chest and was found unconscious outside of the home in Los Angeles County on Wednesday.
Speaker 15: The sidewalk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like a bloody shirt on the sidewalk in Tarzana, California, where this actor James Handy was still whare.
Speaker 9: He passed away.
Speaker 14: According to investigators, James's girlfriend son called nine one one and said, I am the son of man. I just killed the man of Sin. The suspect was arrested. The actor was best known for his roles in Jumanji.
Speaker 9: Talked on Maverick.
Speaker 2: She said it wrong. Yeah, Jumanjie, he got it wrong. I don't blame her that. She screwed some other stuff up too.
Speaker 1: What was the quote?
Speaker 2: The quote was the son of a girlfriend who killed him and stabbed this actor to death said I am the son of man. I just killed the man of Sin. I don't know what the hell that means. I don't know if that's you. I just killed the man of sin. Maybe it does kind of imply some stuff going on. Why is there techno playing during this? I don't know why they made that decision. Steps this lady is too boring in this news report. We have to put some music behind it.
Speaker 14: Bob is dead after being repeatedly stabbed in California, and official say.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, that's a bit much.
Speaker 2: That's a bit much, but that's what they decided to go with for that particular report. Okay, we're going to get into We've got a whole bunch of stuff to do including. I want to try to work in a couple of emails where we can. Man, let me see if there's anything else. Oh, there was one more moment. This is crazy that this was called on video. Police dash cam video caught this accident. I'll put this up on see it now, of course, because there's some visual elements. This was a police dash cam as an accident happened and a little kid was flung out of the vehicle into the like onto the hood of the cop car. I'll play this for you and then i'll explain what's going on. Here is ready distressing content. The kid went onto the hood onto the.
Speaker 9: Ambulance.
Speaker 1: That's the officer.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, the kids trying to get back into the vehicle to help his family out.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's fine.
Speaker 2: He flew there. Yeah, yeah, unbelievable. I'll bring this back just so you know what happened here. The kid flew through the window of the truck, busted out the truck, and flew onto the hood right there. You can see him onto the hood of the police car. And then I don't know if it's because little kid power or what. He was fine, He blasted through a window, flew under the hood of the police car, and he was fine. At the end of all of this, somehow someway and the police officer was just kind of talking to the little guy.
Speaker 1: Here she is speaking with him. Thank you, Are you okay, buddy? Yeah? Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Man, It's like a weird superpower. This is these little kids have to just survive stuff like this, Thank God. But uh, he's doing okay. This is a window open, I don't think so, because the window is broken in the truck after this, And I don't know exactly what caused the truck to crash so bad, but it spun around and it was a nasty crash.
Speaker 1: The only way I.
Speaker 3: Could see the kid had been that, okay, crashing through a window was if there was nothing to crash through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and one thing that happens. I know, mos, I'm sure you've seen this and stories.
Speaker 1: Over the years.
Speaker 2: Little kids, you know, they're tough. As somebody says in chat right now, they're unbreakable. People are saying, like adrenaline, Yeah, definitely, And yes, this is a lesson to wear a seatbelt.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: This kid clearly flew out of the car because he was not in a seatbelt, and that is a great lesson to take from this.
Speaker 1: But if you're not a little kid.
Speaker 2: One thing that happens so often in cases like this is when drivers are drunk. Oh my god, the stuff they will survive through, like it is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you've seen that before.
Speaker 2: Mos is like, I've seen accidents where I look at the car and I go, I don't know how any humans survive this crash at all.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, they're just like crushed in cans. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And but the person who has drunk somehow survives, and so does this little kid, thank god.
Speaker 1: So here we go.
Speaker 2: Little kid flies out of car. That's what we're gonna do, flies out of car during crash. I don't think you really need a warning on that one.
Speaker 3: It seems it seems like you should know based on reading it that it's going to be distressing.
Speaker 2: Well, you never know what you're gonna get. You don't know if this little kid's gonna fly far or if he's short.
Speaker 3: Fly You're right, little kids flying out of car videos or like a box of chocolates.
Speaker 2: You get, Yeah, that you never know what you're gonna get. Absolutely, we got a lot of Forrest Gump comments.
Speaker 1: Coming kind of shoehorn a couple in not even on purpose.
Speaker 2: Moses, I'm so glad to hear you get a relaxing weekend. I know you deserve it very very much. So enjoy yourself, get as much you know, chicken palm or whatever as you possibly can, and also celebrate. I saw this is a restaurant that you kind of you put on my radar. I think you brought this restaurant up a little bit, okay, but that's snuffing donuts place.
Speaker 1: Got some pretty big accolades. That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you if you were the one who put them on my radar. I know you had some like mo glasses and stuff in there, and I think they got they got like a nod especial. Yeah, like they didn't get a star necessarily a recommendation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that's pretty impressive for them to pick that up. Uh, and they have you to thank at the very least.
Speaker 1: So I expect to expect free donuts for life. Now. I expect something.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, if you're out there smoking donuts, and I know you're out there somewhere smoking donuts, here's the deal. Moses is the one I think who puts you guys on the radar. He was in early and he was putting your name out there. He talked about you on the show, told me about it. You can go get the just call Mo glasses, the glasses you can drink out of at those place.
Speaker 1: You need to name something after Mo on the menu. I like that. I don't know what. Maybe something chicken parm related. Do they have a chicken parm option that though.
Speaker 15: Not yet, son of a bitch, they could.
Speaker 2: They could add that the mode chicken palm or you know, something similar.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be locked.
Speaker 3: I had an idea for a drink they could put on their menu, But now that I say it out loud, the mold fashion doesn't sound like a safe thing to drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's better. Yeah yeah, those those are better than the option that Land pushed out all of the springs water.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, take any of this or none of it, whatever you want. But congratulations to quick Break. When we come back, we're going to wrap it up with the final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, The Party of the Century, and today I learned to the whole damn week that that was the Party of the century too. You know what that's coming up next on the News Junkie. We got a new Secret Show dropping every Friday at five pm. A new Secret Show drops five pm Eastern on Fridays. You can watch live on Thursday night at eight o'clock PM.
Speaker 1: Usually. I think this next week we've got.
Speaker 2: A bit of a time change rolling our way because Josh is on the road somewhere, but we otherwise are live on Thursdays, and then the show goes for on demand viewing for Secret Show subscribers on Friday at five pm. And if you listen to the show and you want a little bit more, I would encourage you to become a premium subscriber over on the Neewsjunkie dot com. You get Secret Shows, you get access to everything. There's TV apps so you can watch on your TV, you get an ad free live stream, and it's just an awesome way to support the show and help lift things up over here. So go learn more this weekend about Secret Shows at the Newsjunkie dot com and watch for a banger of a show that drops at five pm. Moses, It's been a pleasure. We love you. I'm glad you're getting some rest this weekend. Honestly, Oh, thank you, buddy. I appreciate that Secret Shows.
Speaker 1: You've been on Secret Shows before? Five years? Well, how long has it been. It's been. I think it's been since the old paternity leave over here.
Speaker 15: Yeah, last time I was on. I think Ryan Holmes was on with me.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the dangerous here's the deal.
Speaker 2: I am absolutely for this because I think this could be very fun.
Speaker 1: But here's the deal.
Speaker 2: You have been hesitant to get fully loose in the past. We need full taking shots, getting wild.
Speaker 1: Yes you do. Yeah, you need this. I think you need this. We need mo.
Speaker 2: On like an eleven, like let's get, let's get We'll pull Casino mout the out of the wilderness here, all right, Yeah, Casimo on displot.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to say.
Speaker 3: It may not have been my paternity to leave, but the only one that I can find right now is Secret Show number two twenty six when I was in Jamaica.
Speaker 1: And what are we on now? Sixty sixty?
Speaker 2: All right, we got to do this moment and we need you to go hard, full speed ahead.
Speaker 15: Why don't we just take the show to Vegas for the iHeart Music Festival again.
Speaker 1: The company gonna do it? Is that gonna happen? That ain't gonna happen? All right, We hope you enjoy go check that out. Only somebody was negotiating a contract right now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I got three weeks left, but either I'm wis by juice on that that ain't happening. No, no, but I am. I am down to that point one hundred percent. As of next week, I'll have three weeks left on my contract. And the latest I I heard from the suits at iHeart was they responded to my email where I said, like, this is the end of the conversation. We do this, so we don't do this, and they said we might be able to make this happen. And then I haven't heard jacks about it since then. I haven't heard even a peep about it since then. So we'll see what happens. Right now, it's time to do the final dispatches, So here goes nothing. Let's do this on the final dispatches, but Sean will probably only play true true. I was supposed to do the Party of the Century story too, and maybe I could do that if this goes real fast here's chaos with a dispatch with a lope.
Speaker 8: So this is actually postal experiensive with consignment. I used to work for an auction house in Tavarius and it was my parents, and they sold antiques. Now, within their consignment agreement, they had if an item didn't sell, you had thirty days to come pick up the item if you if you didn't pick up the item, and they would notify these people to come get yourself with the phone calls and emails, all of which you know, they followed up consistently with. Now, if they didn't answer back or come and get the items, they would be considered abandoned and handed over to the auction house, and the auction really would then therefore take over the rights.
Speaker 15: Could you do that, Yeah, it's just part of the contract. I mean, that's actually a fairly standard, and we didn't really get into that because that's more of an abandoned property versus what those people were dealing with, uh huh, where they were just trying to get their property back that was rightfully theirs, and nobody ever notified them to come pick it up or anything like that obviously.
Speaker 2: So you could do that kind of thing where you say, if you don't pick up your property by X day, the property becomes our property.
Speaker 15: Well, it depends on the terms I mean here, and maybe he finishes, but you know, it may get sold at an auction house. There may be a storage fee that they get paid first for storing the item for a certain amount of time until it's sold at auction. They get their storage fee, and then maybe there were or the money goes back to the person who it belongs to, if they can find them. But obviously you ought provisions in there so that you're not just becoming a free storage center for all people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rap, true, that probably happens a lot.
Speaker 2: The Party of the Century Sea Lane, Phoenix High school graduate assuing his classmates' parents after he suffered a concussion excuse me, and had part of his ear torn off during a senior skip day at their house. Over one hundred people were at the party, including underage teens drinking alcohol. They started jumping off the roof and one of the guy's ears ripped off. You've missed the pool on a roof dive. What an idiot? All right, let's get the hell out of here. Let's do today. I learned the.
Speaker 1: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, So don't get cocky. How it's done what we call todays.
Speaker 2: Taylor for Ay, Friday, June fifth, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Good luck Moses to he learn this cartoon pass the Masters only Man. That's right, he Man. I think the movie's coming out this weekend.
Speaker 2: Mattel began development of he Man and The Masters of the Universe in the late nineteen seventies, but a catalyst for the creation of he Man began in nineteen seventy six when Mattel's CEO declined a request to produce action figures based on Star Wars, and they said, we need something that will sell, and they did he Man too, huge success. To they learned this banded Creed is correct. Yes, indeed Creed's original band name was Naked Toddler, which was poorly received by their fans in Tallahassee. They are an American rock band formed in Tallahassee, Florida, were back.
Speaker 1: In nineteen ninety four. Guys, Jesus, thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. Thank you, I appreciate it. Thank you. Just Coomo dot com.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next week, same time, same place. Miss ending the show.
Speaker 1: Get the podcasts at the neews junkie dot com. See you later.
Speaker 2: Everybody else