Speaker 1: The Wild play their home games at Crank Casino Arena, and that's where you can see the legendary actor and comedian Adam Sandler. He's set to takeover Saint Paul this Wednesday. The show is your last shot at winning your WAYA that's this Wednesday, like the day after tomorrow. Yeah, that is the day after tomorrow. Tomorrow it'll be tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Ow man, time's flying z echoed Don.
Speaker 3: Thursday, It'll be yesterday.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thanks, Well, you just blew my mind there, bro.
Speaker 3: Well you can be caller number eleven.
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 3: You can't. You're ineligible. You're an employee here.
Speaker 2: What you know whatever.
Speaker 1: Legible pair of tickets one hundred Jeero fifty three twenty six three Tuesday fifty three twenty six. Hey, keep listening each day through hump Day for your chance to win your way in every hour of the power trip.
Speaker 3: Wow, I don't know why every day.
Speaker 2: Every day can be hump Day, right, muss oh.
Speaker 3: I love Adam Sandler. By the way, that's not what I said. Now, I know.
Speaker 5: I'm going back to the read here, going through the vibe you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you kind of lost me there.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, it's solo home day every day.
Speaker 2: Hey, you gotta take care of business, right, We're gonna get some sleep. You gotta take care business, right.
Speaker 3: I like Adams Handler in QUB Halloween. Well, come on, nobody has seen that. No, Hawk loves it. He Halloween. It's a very good movie.
Speaker 1: Which one Hub Halloween? Remember with all the people that are in it, it's like a full cast. You loved that movie. You came on there and said you loved it.
Speaker 2: I do remember thinking it was great, but I don't remember the plot. That's not the Halloween. Yeah, it's not the cartoon one right? Oh no, no, no, no, which one is that? Is that Transylvania? Yeah that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah that is.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. A couple of those, that's a good one. Yeah. I like this shows there's a cartoons?
Speaker 1: Was that one of his Netflix releases that he has just as an obligation.
Speaker 2: For one where he places his own sister. Now that's good, Joe, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're my sister, going, Paul, your hand.
Speaker 3: Is Jill and Jack and Jill Woodhawk.
Speaker 2: I mean she looks just like Adam Sander, Yes, I mean like he loves a girl, can't you see like Tommy wanted to do a movie like that just so he could dress up like a lady. He's like, lead, lead, Hey, what are you doing in this scene?
Speaker 3: All right, Tommy, this is out fire.
Speaker 2: Like Cleve ben Yeah, I've paid. Was he benched? I mean, is that? Is that not the right way to say it? Or is it? I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean I think that we can deal in reality here. It sounds like it looks like he got benched.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at first I thought maybe he was an injury, but he played special teams.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was a full participant on special teams. And I don't think he logged one defensive snap.
Speaker 3: I think it's zero. You are correct?
Speaker 5: Do you think that possibility is the fact that Wilson is better in coverage and that the Eagles, I'm Goddard was what the second most targeted receiver for the Eagles going into that game, and that they decided, Okay, we gotta have some speed.
Speaker 3: We got to be because he's not that great in coverage.
Speaker 6: No, but I also think that listen, if they didn't have a if they didn't have one of the best running backs in the league and they were had an inferior running game, and all we worried about was the passing game.
Speaker 3: Then I would say, okay, this makes sense.
Speaker 6: You know they're in eleven personnel, ten personnel the whole time, and you know we're gonna be a nickel and dime throughout.
Speaker 3: The whole game.
Speaker 6: Believe me, because I've been there. They're like, did Weber play today? I'm like, no, guys, there was ten personnel the whole game. I'm not involved in that. But I think in this situation where they were act they surprisingly to me, even with Kal Kotzara out, they went twelve personnel. They tried to do some of the things that have hit us in the run game that you saw from previous games. And that is one thousand percent base personnel. That is three linebackers on the field. That is base personnel. And they used mattel Us as that extra linebacker in the box and not Ivan Pates and.
Speaker 5: That's yeah, that that's a little glaring man and well and then they did a lot of jumbo too, the Eagles, and it.
Speaker 3: Didn't help their run game.
Speaker 5: No, I mean that it helped their passing game more so when they brought in you know, tackle eligible, there's a lot all game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they did go heavy a bunch of times. And I mean the thing is, like, we we have focused on some of the negatives in this game, but our run defense going against a hugely challenging running back and running offense, we bowed up. I mean, you want to talk about our defense, you know, bone your next up and playing physical football and trying to win and win the line of scrimmage, Like we won that battle. Yeah, we just didn't win the battle when it came to getting the quarterback on the ground and affecting his throat.
Speaker 5: Down the first quarter he had twenty five yards. He had forty four at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mister Ben Gessling positive that perhaps it was all the miss tackles through the first five games of the season that.
Speaker 3: Well, I think he did.
Speaker 6: He not lead the league in miss tackles something like that, yet I think he did well for sure. I mean, whenever you put yourself in a position to make a tackle at around the line of scrimmage and you miss and then it goes for a big chunk run, I mean, you can only have that happen a few times before the coach is like, we got to.
Speaker 3: Figure this out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, I mean he's he's good at going downhill. He's I think a really solid blitzer. He is like the t MoU version of Jeremiah Trotter. You know, he can he can run the A gaps and B gaps, But outside of that, it's like he's a liability in the past game. And when you're showing that the thing that you're really good at that you're not really good at it right now, then you got to take a take a seat and sort of reevaluate.
Speaker 2: Not too open any exposed wounds. But did you ever get benched from miss and tackles?
Speaker 3: Uh? No, But I got benched because of Sean Merriman. Yeah, I got I got benched.
Speaker 6: I got benched because he was a better player than me, and better at that particular position in a three four defense. I mean I was more of a four to three linebacker trying to play outside rusher. It's like, you know, if I'm on the team and and b Flow comes in and they bring in Ben Ginkel and Gernard and I'm trying to hold on.
Speaker 3: For dear life, Like That's what it was like.
Speaker 6: You know, It's like I'm not built to be you know, I'm not skilled enough off the edge to be consistent, you know, pressure guy. And then Gernard comes in and he's like fluid and agile and he's relentless and has all these pass rush moves.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I'm just try hard guy out here.
Speaker 1: Why don't talk like that on the football say, I'm just I'm just like, you know, put it in the scoutter report, White, try hard guy, have a set.
Speaker 3: Rudy, Yeah, Rudy, do it, buddy.
Speaker 2: So okay, there you go. More on the vikings momentarily, Guys, this.
Speaker 1: Is News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six IIHF World Junior Championship tw me about is that going?
Speaker 3: It's coming up.
Speaker 1: It is the best hockey tournament in the world. You're gonna want to be there for at the World Juniors. M N two six dot com for tickets at Grand Casino.
Speaker 3: Arena and three am Arena at Mariucci. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Calling games, No, he's zach alperson.
Speaker 3: No, he's got calling games.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Thanks, thanks for let's see Fallen Leaves are giving Minnesota Rivers. Rivers a root beer like tent. If you're wondering what's going on, the water out there. The tannins within those autumn leaves and decomposing plants are causing the water to go a little brown on you. Parks such as Gooseberry Falls, Cascade River, and the Tetegucci, which I don't know where that's at, but I need to know it's up north. I need to be on the Tetagucci, way up yonder on the Tetegucci. Yeah, great song, God that are experiencing Thisci, I know what is and I know what a Gucci is? What is a Houci Gucci? And where do I get?
Speaker 1: I have fed that truck again.
Speaker 2: Falling leaves and needles from trees such as oaks and maples and tamarack also contribute to the tannin and levels and the water. I believe that's just tann and I added an extra word there. The rivers then pick up the color similar to when hot water turns brown after brewing in loose tea leaves, So it's like it's brewing tea. So if you're wondering why the waters, but I noticed that, by the way, a couple of times this weekend. What a beautiful time?
Speaker 3: You thought it was somebody else upriver?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm always on the lookout for dead bodies, you know what I mean. I can't help it.
Speaker 3: You only find those on the road. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Yeah, ain't that the truth.
Speaker 3: If you see hawk driving by, you be careful. Yeah, be careful.
Speaker 2: I'm bad luck anyway. That's what's happening there. Let's see what else is going on. Here's some good news from terrible News and annunciation. Shooting victims returning to school. Lydia Kaiser of a twelve year old girl. We've all been rooting for so for a brain injury in the attacks, and she's doing okay and joining her enjoying her her time back at school. So good for her.
Speaker 3: Great news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I hope you have a spectacular day. And I would guess all the kids are returning to school to day from me mea right, today's day, so watch out for their school buses. Please. Everybody'd be cool.
Speaker 3: Everybody'd be cool.
Speaker 2: An eerie doll display is available to the public and a museum in Rochester, Minnesota. The Creepy Dolls collection can be seen at the History Center in Olmstead County. The attraction because there are more than one hundred and forty dollars with some surrounded by gravestones.
Speaker 3: I need to go and see. Yeah, yeah, you already just just say doll. You don't even have to say creepy doll.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, guys, something that happened that Corey will never admit to. You know, I'm about to say, don't you I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we had this guy and he was a ghost hunter guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not the mill hunter. They didn't have him in, called him, wouldn't come in.
Speaker 2: We did a personal interview and this guy, this guy and Corey were going back and forth because Corey, you know, he don't believe in nothing, right right, Wow, that's a double negative.
Speaker 3: Begim up. He's a nihilist. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the guy said, here's the day I got this this haunted dollar. And Corey's like the dolling haunted. And the guy's like, oh yeah, well, won't you put it in your trunk and drive around with it for a week? And Corey wouldn't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, I'm not driving around with somebody else's dolls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we were all like, you're you're, you're, you're a giant.
Speaker 1: Muss was just talking about it. It's contaminating the river exactly right.
Speaker 2: And Corey wouldn't do it. He wouldn't do it, and we were like, well, if you're not afraid, why don't you do it. He wouldn't do it. He said he thought it was dumb to drive around with it. I said, well, I think you're just being scaredy cat.
Speaker 5: I think he's being scaredy cat, because there was an actual doll or an inflatable one both the way he could drive in the h o V.
Speaker 3: I volunteered.
Speaker 6: If it was a blow up doll, yeah, it was, didn't there's no face.
Speaker 3: I think of this because I tell you what.
Speaker 2: You put me in a room with a bunch of dolls during the day, everything's cool. When the sun goes down. I'm not going in that room.
Speaker 3: No, I'm out.
Speaker 1: Oh but I think ten of one said why don't they haunt like Ninja turtle dolls?
Speaker 3: Or right right, why is it always creeping porcelain dolls.
Speaker 2: That's a good question you have to ask the ghost.
Speaker 3: I don't know. The point is, I ain't going down to that museum. I don't see all that stuff.
Speaker 6: I mean, I understand why people get they get their jolly's like with creepy haunted stuff.
Speaker 3: But that ain't mean.
Speaker 5: But if if I'm a ghost worth my weight, I'm not doing the like fun dolls. I'm definitely gonna go and find a really creepy one. Yeah, I'm all actually inhabit.
Speaker 6: You're gonna find the one like the like the neighbor from Toy Story would create, you know, like the Franken.
Speaker 3: Dolls, Chucky doll. Just don't haunt me. Yeah they have.
Speaker 2: I have hard enough time. I don't do all you off the list, thanks by the rest of you.
Speaker 3: We wait too.
Speaker 2: I miss you, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to see you don't want to see I mean maybe you do want to see it.
Speaker 3: Maxill is doing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just come hang out with me for You're not gonna want to haunt me.
Speaker 5: Why is this haunted doll so high?
Speaker 2: My ghosts are gonna have to see haunted psychiatrist that they watched me?
Speaker 1: Why does he keep walking in the same wants to go see where I live my apartment building.
Speaker 3: They don't realize they haunted. Not I'm haunting you off.
Speaker 1: Last night we saw some kind of Frankenstein walking across the street.
Speaker 3: We thought it was rosy.
Speaker 6: Where'd your suit go after a week After a week with Hawk, the spirit just goes down and hangs out in the Beetle juice waiting room.
Speaker 3: Next drunken head like this is way better, too weird, buddy, So true, so true. We went costume shopping for Louis last week. What you guys decide on?
Speaker 6: Well, I can't wait to see it on Friday week, six o'clock.
Speaker 1: You're our first stop, then, yes, you're our first stop. They have Chucky costumes for kids. Yeah, that's a little much. Have you seen the Chucky thing for the dogs?
Speaker 3: Nfe so hard? It's so good. That's so great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it'll you get it to chase and it's so funny.
Speaker 3: What's for kids? Nah, Chucky is too scary?
Speaker 4: You are?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're your little guys an angel a murderer.
Speaker 2: I think you should dress your little guy up as one of the Chicago Bears guys. You know the Da Bears.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my wife saw like you can get like it's like a Beanie baby costume or it's got like the tag, but you can. Then they're warm. Although we're gonna drive, it's only we're gonna walk. We're gonna a Ben's house. Scott Taylor's house, at her friend's house, and then we're going.
Speaker 3: Home the wagon thing. We got the neighborhood, no, we got three stops.
Speaker 6: No, man, you're gonna have to in both my neighborhood and Scott's neighborhood.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to walk her. Come on, park in your driveway and then walk around you can. Yeah, Linel would be great.
Speaker 3: It'd be great. What's uh, what's uh Allie going for his Halloween hawk? It's Abby? I knew that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't even I mean, she's twenty three. I probably don't want to know what your care.
Speaker 3: She could just say a devil and then like you just like leave it at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, all right, here's the deal.
Speaker 2: It's Patrick Moore. So we come back, We'll get right back into it because I know, I know you want to know more about the Vikings and how we're gonna win on Thursday night because the team we're playing got crap kicked out of a mystery and the Chargers and there's so much to get do.
Speaker 3: Spots Moore, some fing hey Rubes.
Speaker 1: This football season, Bell Bank is giving one kfe and listener each week one thousand dollars to pay it forward to a charity of their choice. Just head over to KFE dot com make the keyword contest to learn more and entry today.
Speaker 3: That's kfean dot com keyword contest. I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 2: I feel better about myself now because I've never done that.
Speaker 7: Ye yeah, you know what, I'm not so bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah right here, right, So I'm.
Speaker 2: Just talking about something that one of our coworkers has done times and.
Speaker 3: I've never done week plus time I am.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm not a horny monster.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're not. Can I guess who was a Tommy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Answer the question you don't want to guess, you don't want to.
Speaker 5: Know, correct, it wasn't me, right, No, no, no, no, Shaggy no no no.
Speaker 2: Hey. Welcome back to Patrick Monsho. Who you are? What's going on now in the world of football and elsewhere? And I do believe it's Zacho's turn.
Speaker 3: To Zach Zacho.
Speaker 2: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around, your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 1: We'll talk Vikings and a little bit in Vikings news, but for now, the Minnesota Wild and hope to end a three game losing streak tonight at Madison Square Garden as they take on the Rangers the Wild Stuff for a two to one overtime elosity phil Delphia Flyers on Saturday, with former Still Water Pony and Initials game participant Noah Kate scoring the game winning goal for the Flyers. The game is at six o'clock puck drop right here on the fan. You can tune in on the iHeartRadio app as well.
Speaker 3: Bitching Man, Let's go.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Timberwls wrapped up their preseason with a one twenty six one ten defeet to the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday.
Speaker 3: Make that the seventy six.
Speaker 2: The game.
Speaker 1: He's doing sports in my spots. Yes, they are going to get made.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Leonard Miller, whoever that is, had twenty one a teacher.
Speaker 1: As well Ben None of most of the team's regular rotation players sat out the game on Friday, but they will begin their regular season Wednesday night on the road in Portland against the Trailblazers, which you can hear on the Timberwolves channel. The Walls are three and a half point favorites to start the season, Max, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go, Hey Maxo, can I ask you a question? Play this? Yeah, sound before you talk about it.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Because I don't know what this means. But Aunt was talking about what he learned in the offseason.
Speaker 8: I think it's gonna help me a lot because it's easier to see everything.
Speaker 2: When he's talking about spotting up.
Speaker 8: I think it's gonna help me a lot because it's easier to see everything when when I'm in a post.
Speaker 3: But he's not gonna.
Speaker 8: Change, like, you know, my volume of threes and off the dribble threes and stuff. I'm still gonna be getting to that at high level. But just when the game slow down and we need to get to a comfortable spot, that's when I'm probably gonna.
Speaker 3: Be playing with my back to the basket. It is it? What's that mean?
Speaker 7: He's basically just talking about being better off ball, putting himself in better positions to score the basketball.
Speaker 3: It's actually really interesting.
Speaker 7: Double T was just talking about this over the weekend on in the Zone, saying that that's the next step for Anthony Edwards. That's he was putting him in the same category as people like Michael Jordan, like Kobe Bryant. He was saying, that's how they evolved their game is just putting yourself in a in the best possible position to score or like instead of say and dribbling the ball at the top of the key right where he has to go through two, maybe even three or four different people, kind of putting himself in a better position off ball so he just really only has to go up against one guy one on one basically, or puts himself in a better position to make a play for his other teammates as well, because that was kind of the problem that's kind of been the problem for the Wolves when the worst version of themselves is when they're basically just playing one on one basketball, and Anthony Edwards just kind of talking about putting himself in better positions when he's off the ball for himself and his teammates.
Speaker 3: Maxel question for you.
Speaker 6: When it comes We all know that he's the number one player, right, I mean, one of the best in the league. We get that everybody's everybody's bound to have an off day. If he has an off day, and even if he doesn't have an off day, I guess the question is who's his compliment this year, Like who can we rely on to be the leading score if he's having an off day or if he's still on one, like they can contribute in big way. Is not just like eight ten points, but like who's our number two A and two B.
Speaker 7: It's gonna have to be Julius Randall and the combination of Niles Reed and I mean probably Terrence Shannon Junior, who's taken up a way bigger role this year because we have no Nikile Alexander Walker. He left went off to Atlanta, got paid. Lanta's probably gonna be a really good team this year. But Nikhil Alexander Walker was arguably the second most consistent player on the Timberwolves last season. He played sixth Man of the year like during the regular season. So it's gonna have to be Julius Randall, who hopefully, I mean obviously is he's here for It's a more consistent kind of picture for him. Right last year was super tumultuous. He got traded right before the season started. He's going from the Big Apple New York to a completely different environment in Minneapolis, albeit according to him, obviously a more positive environment for him. So it's gonna have to We're gonna have to rely on the continuity because they didn't make any big.
Speaker 3: Splashes during the summer.
Speaker 7: They're gonna have to rely on the continuity, and it's gonna be it's gonna have to be a guy like Julius Randall who seemed to get.
Speaker 3: In a rhythm there towards the end of the playoffs.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because Aunt actually talked about that. I talked about this being a different year starting the year because he knows his teammates.
Speaker 8: I think last year we started like Julius them didn't even get to come to the dinner. So yeah, it's definitely it's definitely different. Like me and Julie has been working on our two man game. Dante's is super comfortable with us. They really know the offense now, all the Knicks hash and stuff, so different lineups that were throwing out there, so it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: So they go.
Speaker 3: They're over under for wins is forty.
Speaker 2: Eight and a half out of how many games eighty two as yea a test and you passed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder how many people are going to go to the game.
Speaker 6: The Vikings game on Thursday night and then the Lakers game Lakers Timberwls game on Friday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, they'd love to, but they'll be in Vegas with the Patrick Martins, which means we'll be watching.
Speaker 3: It so we can watch it at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: We're gonna watch it at seven o'clock. Yeah, down at Dude's Sports Bar.
Speaker 3: Times watch Park's one. Yeah, which you passed that.
Speaker 1: That's two, which now has apparently bottomless mimosas until two thirty.
Speaker 2: And they were gonna have bottom of morning show guys too. I'm gonna wear no pants that night, hot, thank you.
Speaker 1: We are headed to a Game seven in the a l CS after Toronto defeated Seattle six to two at Rogers Center last night. Vladimir Guerrero Junior hit his sixth homer of the postseason on a solo shot in the fifth inning. The Seahawks. I'm sorry that Seahawks. Sorry goodness this chair. Yes, just the Mariners, idiot, the Mariners. Yeah, you play your buttons, Mariners idiot. Oh man, this sucks. This does suck, though the meat sauce simulator over here is But yes, the Blue Jays host the Mariners in Game seven to night on Fox.
Speaker 2: Chance to get beaten by the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Will there ever be a better game played than show Hey, I mean.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, that's another player like him for another fifty years.
Speaker 3: He's the best player of all time. And it's not closed.
Speaker 7: He might be the greatest athlete of our time to get baseball like He's in a whole different conversation at this This.
Speaker 2: Is the end of the Dodgers game where they want to go to the World Series. After Otani did what nobody had ever done before, high fly ball to right pass.
Speaker 1: He is better, He's got it, and the ball game is over, and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Have won the National Lake Pennant. They sweep the Brewers.
Speaker 1: The greatest non to baseball by an individual player in the history of this game, Show Hey Otani.
Speaker 3: Three homers and a victory of the vowel.
Speaker 1: With ten strikeouts in the history of this game and something a close out game.
Speaker 2: And when you're talking about baseball.
Speaker 7: They have stats all the way back to when slavery was a thing.
Speaker 3: Better than all those times. You don't even think about who they were all playing against.
Speaker 5: You know, back in the day, it's like, Okay, it wasn't that high a level of talent around the entire Diamond, and he.
Speaker 3: Does have was playing against long shoremen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was Likeayer.
Speaker 3: But also when with that team, it's stacked.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Mookie Betts plays shortstop for the Dodgers. He's one of the best players in the last fifty years, and he's forgotten because of how good Shotani is. It's unbelievable that's stacked.
Speaker 6: All of those guys are forgotten because it's all about show hit.
Speaker 3: And I saw a.
Speaker 1: Story yesterday that they are the favorites to land. I think it's Kyle Tucker, who I think plays for the Cubs or somebody, doesn't matter. He's like the best free agent on the market next offseason, and they're the favorites. Now, the Twins won't do anything. Don't even go to that team sacks up. I'll tell you what they send. Money doesn't buy happiness, but in that clip I heard a lot of happiness. I think the Dodgers should cut thirty million off the payroll. Well, here's the thing, and you know you talk about the next off season, free agent twenty twenty seven is going to be a lockout for the Ages.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're going to have an MLB season. Awesome? Can we do that for the NBA?
Speaker 2: Real quick, guys, I'm so I spoke out loud. I love that. Normally I would have kept that inside quickly. I saw this yesterday. Then check this out.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: I've drive down the road in a home deepot truck. Long story, never.
Speaker 3: Mind, Yeah, and weird.
Speaker 2: The guy in front of me, the guy in front of me was driving along and he had a Minnesota Wild license plate. And on that license plate it said Carill. Now it was not in Maserati, so it was not Corolla capriz Off, you know, right. And I thought to myself, that dude has a license plate that says Carill. He's a huge wildfan. What if Carill hadn't signed with the Wild?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right, we're a lot of people, yeah that song. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, I understand being a huge fan of any person, right, but to make them your license plate, you better hope they don't go to a different team or do something terrible.
Speaker 3: I know someone very close personally.
Speaker 1: Tattoo is a Carill Minnesota license plate that got it last year.
Speaker 3: I bet it was this dude.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't have to. I hope he wasn't naow why Yeah he wasn't. I know, he wasn't in Maple Grove, So if his car was in Maple Grove that would have been a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Well, he might have been the thief, is what he's saying.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's helping Hawk with his TV.
Speaker 7: Nobody nobody help nobody, not even the guy at home deeper he hates me.
Speaker 6: Well, I know it's I know it's not the same thing. But isn't the way that these jerseys are are so expensive? Isn't it Isn't it more expensive to buy a jersey than the licensee person license plate?
Speaker 2: I bet it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I think there's like an NBA bit. Maybe it's through American Express where if you buy that jersey and they get traded, you can trade it in for their new jersey.
Speaker 3: One. Yeah the state. Yes, yeah, it's coming in real cheap. You know what.
Speaker 2: You know what I always see two guys is like you know, how I go on a Viking's not common buy clothing because then it goes on sale. You know, it's cool, really good deals. They always have like autographed helmets and they have autographed Josh Dobbs helmets on there come on and it's like, and I wonder, like, what's going to happen to that helmet?
Speaker 3: Were they were they football helmets or astronaut helmets?
Speaker 2: Yeah no, but like, uh, what's gonna happen with that autograph Josh Dobbs helmet.
Speaker 1: Well, if you recall Hawk, there was that one Christmas where Superstar gave us a bunch of footballs for players that no longer played for the Vikings.
Speaker 3: He did the guy got Chris Cook football I have. I still have mine, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I still have mine. Yeah, this is not a joke. Guys, either of us, Star nor myself nor any of us have any idea who signed the football. It's a name that you can't read without a number. No idea it is.
Speaker 3: He showed up with like four footballs.
Speaker 1: One the Hawk, gave one to Corey, gave one to me and we're like thanks Starr, and then Hawk looked at it.
Speaker 3: It was like who is who is this?
Speaker 2: And he also gave me a jersey?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I think it was just like a non descriptive generic Viking jersey which I was allowed to have, but it was four x Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well that's when he was the the Concordia weight coach, and he would just give us all this gear and it was like eight x great bit we use this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, I thank you. That was sports. Thank you Thatch Ye, thank you Zach.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Back into uh into Vikings football. We came back and and we have to talk maybe a little bit about that go football game a little bit too, because man, that was fun. And and they played Iowa this week, big game against Iowa this week in Iowa. Isn't Iowa where they waved with the little little babies in the high in the hospital.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 2: I love that Manyeah.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Much much to get to We'll talk to Ben Leber and Mike Mussman about your Minnesota Vikings and how we can win this game on Thursday. Patrick Morrish seven thirty eight on the Fan.
Speaker 1: Tip off the Wolves home opener this Sunday with Meat Sauce Joined Sauce at Kieran's Irish Pub from three to five for a Monday Buckets slam.
Speaker 3: Enjoy specials on ConA.
Speaker 1: And Mikkel of Ultram Buckets and register for your chance to win signed Timberwolves prizes. Full details at kfean dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 2: It's like us. I love Conan.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 2: It's good beer man.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, Patrick Morris.
Speaker 2: Here, here we are. It is now officially seven forty four. And I know when you tune into the Power Trip to Morning Show at the round seven forty you're expecting Vikings news and we will not just punch you next time for Vikings news on the Our Trip, presented by Kashon wondering who got hurt yesterday? If anybody did. Here's a KOC after the game.
Speaker 4: Injury updates, just as Ay Scott and c J ham As A. Scott had a right risk and CJ had a left hand. Those guys will be evaluated here, you know, currently going on right now.
Speaker 2: So there you go, relatively healthy as we live. I know, I just came back from injury. Yeah, being evaluated. We'll find out more about that today, I'm sure. Yesterday story of the game, well, there's a few stories. One of the miss field goals instead of tds, and here KOC talks about.
Speaker 4: That we did not do enough to put the ball in the end zone offensively with our multiple trips down in the red zone. Pretty explosive kind of competitive day, moving the ball, but we've got to find we basically, you know, had a better day on third down, you know, third fourth down fifty, gave ourselves a chance for points, but we weren't able to overcome kind of the fact that they win the turnover battle two to nothing. We did that two weeks ago, and I told our team that is rare and not a formula you know, to to win games consistently. And you know, showed up again today and was very unfortunate.
Speaker 5: The five field goals. I mean, that's you're not gonna win a lot of games if you're doing that. You can't score touchdowns. You just get the one touchdown there with Mason. But the penalties and just the just stupid things that we would do to hurt ourselves and then also to have I mean, come on, Hawkinson, that was a catch all the way around.
Speaker 3: It was a catch.
Speaker 5: Even if the ball bobbled, it never hit the ground. I was looking at multiple angles, you know that they were showing us there at US mex Stadium. I'm like, okay, did he like when he finally got control of the ball, would did a foot go out of bounds or something? It wasn't even that close. To the boundary that was such a catch. The Blake Brandell the hold that was a terrible call. Yeah, horrible, I just yeah. I mean, so there were some things that were going up against us, but that was a game where if you're gonna kick five field goals and you're not going to protect your quarterback all that, well, you're not gonna win a lot of games. No plus yeah, like you said, the pick six two, that's not helping the turnover thing. But man, oh, it was a tough, tough game where it's like we are still in this.
Speaker 3: How I know.
Speaker 6: Well, the thing is, you know, we again, we've talked about we kind of talked about this about an hour ago, but it's time to revisit it. The there is context and a story behind those quote unquote red zone failures. I mean you just mentioned two of them. I mean, we have the the Jordan Mason score that obviously counts for us. We have the hold on a touchdown pass which was a bogus holding call absolutely, and Brian O'Neil had every right to go to back for his for his teammate on explaining to the refs what happened on that play and why that's not considered holding.
Speaker 3: I mean that's not that's not holding. I mean.
Speaker 6: Knocking his hand down in his momentum is going down because you knocked his arm off your body, that's not on that's not a hold. And even though his left hand was was on his jersey, it wasn't outside the frame of his of his shoulder pad. And he did not pull him down with his left hand either, So like there, there's not an element to that holding call. That's a hold at all, point blank. So we got screwed on that one. So now we're now we're you know, we're we've got another successful red zone try. And then that the Hawkinson catch, no catch, it was a catch. And the thing that drives me crazy about it is if in the first quarter and the ball skips off the ground where the hands are on the outside of the football, and yeah, and it skips off the ground and then he cradles it, and they deem that a catch after they reviewed it, and then they look at Hawkinson's where his hands are underneath the football and the comes in contact with the ground, but the ground doesn't aid him in catching the football, and they're gonna say that's incomplete.
Speaker 3: There's no consistency.
Speaker 6: I'm fine either way if you take if you take offs, I mean, obviously one was a touchdown and one was just for a first down, so it's different.
Speaker 3: But if that's deemed to catch.
Speaker 6: Now we have three red zone tries that are successful. The other one in the first quarter in the first series, we're on the nineteen yard line and the ball gets snapped over Carson's head and we lose twenty some yards on that play.
Speaker 3: Two yards.
Speaker 6: So that's another quote unquote red zone try that's not successful. So there are elements into those stats that tell me that, like, we didn't play as bad in the red zone as one might think when you look at the stat sheet. Two of those were takeing. Two touchdowns were taken away from us. So this game shouldn't have been finished the way it was. We should not have lost that football game. And you know, I'm not I'm not blaming the refs, but the refs and New York because that's what it sounds like. According to Hawkinson on the field, two referees on the field said, yes, that's a good catch, new York overruled it. That's a situation where the referees played a part in this game, and you know butterfly effect, especially with the one on the holding call. Who knows what happens with the game after that. I don't know, but that should be a touchdown one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: It should be a touchdown, especially as you just said and Hockinson said when he says those two guys told him it was a touchdown. If they come back and they like they overruled it, if that's called an incomplete pass on the play and then they review it and they go, yeah, it holds up.
Speaker 3: You can see it right, there's like moments of it.
Speaker 1: But when they call it a catch on the field and then they buzz it and go, not not a catch, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: That's a The thing is, like I will say that I like the standard that we're in now where every potential touchdown you automatically called a touchdown because you know every touchdown is going to get reviewed. So if that is called an incomplete pass, and then you know, in all fairness because if we're because we're going to be on the other side of this at some point in time that if you're on the other side of that, I'd be complaining as an Eagles fan that I'm like, look, we saw one replay. Now we got to now we we have to use a challenge flag or on this or you know, vice versa, like if it's incomplete, now we have to use the challenge flag on this. So I think the the idea and the protocol for any one of these questionable catches in the end zone just automatically being called a touchdown. I'm fine with that because that means you automatically get a replay, you get a challenge, whether you have to throw the red flag or not. So I'm fine with that. But if you're going to review it, just be consistent. That's my that's my complaint.
Speaker 1: Well, and a lot of people were saying that, you know, they call that an incomplete pass right after they don't call it a touchdown. There was the people that use the example they use is a couple of weeks ago, Travis Kelce basically catches it off the ground, traps traps, and they call it a catch. Right, That's ridiculous. There's a little yeah, but is unbelievable, and.
Speaker 6: Some of them that's the thing, and that's the thing that drives me crazy too, is that if New York is supposed to be the overarching arbiter of all of this, like you're taking they're supposed to be the absolute neutral party in all of this, that all of these are being fed to them and they're supposed to be making the call. They're taking it off the ref's hands in the game. Fine, again, be consistent. We're all watching the same games, whether you're a Chiefs fan or not, Vikings fans as just football fans are watching that Kelsey play and you're like, well, how is that a catch?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 6: And then all of a sudden you keep that in your memory bank and then you have the play that we had yesterday and like, how how is that not a touchdown? I don't explain it to ever touch on the ground, right, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Here is Carson wentz uh I spent some time talking to media yesterday and he talked about the pick of six that he threw.
Speaker 10: Got to see the tape a little bit, not fully sure. That guy kind of surprised me where he ended up. Obviously, don't throw it right to his chest, that would be great. But yeah, I think I think they had a good call. I think I gotta be better and just progress. We're quite frankly, just take the sack there in that scenario.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying.
Speaker 10: I saw the guy at the last second as I was releasing the ball, and then I was looking up at the scoreboard seeing him run.
Speaker 3: Not a good feeling. I gotta be better.
Speaker 10: I gotta be better in that situation, not try and force it.
Speaker 3: Got made a good.
Speaker 2: Play, Ben, Before you comment on that, just when when he makes that comment and says, you know, he wasn't where I expected him to be. I didn't think he was gonna be there. What a tough thing. It's almost in a lot of ways. I know this is kind of a stretch, but you'll get what I'm saying. You got to decide you're gonna swing at the pitch, even just at the second the guy throws the ball right, you know what I mean. And for him, part of being a quarterback has got to be throwing the balls to the spot where you think the receiver's gonna because that's what the defense is showing you. And if the guy just happens to be there because they make the right call to the guy guesses correctly, you're gonna have that happen from time to time.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, and here's the other here's the other layer to all of that. Let's just say that. Let's just say that they were in the right coverage and all this other stuff, and and Carson just missed the fact that there's gonna be a hook defender there. And dang it, Like I thought it was one coverage and they played another, and I didn't expect him there based on the leverage that that Justin had he was going against. I knew he was gonna win there. I knew he was gonna have this this sort of inside glance ball that's gonna be a quick three step.
Speaker 3: I knew the timing of this play.
Speaker 6: Blah blah blah blah blah. Right, that's fine, you can learn from that. Here's also what happens sometimes, and this is why I think like the pffs of the world get it wrong, is sometimes players they make mistakes too. What if that guy wasn't supposed to be there and he made a mistake, huh, And it's like, well, what coverage are they in? Well, that guy was actually supposed to be doing something else and he kind of just lucked into that because he got flat footed and maybe he got fooled and ended up being the right spot at the right time. I can't even tell you how often that happens. I've been a part of that. I've had sacks where I wasn't supposed to be blitzing, and and then you know, somebody will somebody will watch the film and be like, oh, they were in a delayed blitz here, that's that's built in their call.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 6: I just went cowboy because I saw I saw something else. I mean that happens more often than not. Like I've talked to coaches both at the college level and the pro level, like you know, sometimes like you're not one hundred percent sure why that defensive play was successful with that coverage, because you're like, I can't tell if that's cover six accommodation.
Speaker 3: Coverage or they just messed up a cover four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And that's why you have to watch so many, so many plays, so many of the same types of tendencies, same down in distance, because you're like, Okay, that could just be a complete anomaly because that guy played the wrong play.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: And we see coverage bus all the time. Sometimes they're not bus. Sometimes they're actually successful plays and they're positive.
Speaker 2: That's really interesting, very interesting. Yeah, here's Carson Wentz on getting ready for Thursday's game. It's a quick turnaround.
Speaker 10: Recovery starts immediately, you know, right when you get off this podium, won't be icing. You know, guys will be taking care of their bodies, will be in quick tomorrow, you know, thrown in a game plan as quick as you can. You know, we're not the only one doing it. And obviously they got a short week too, so quite frankly, never been a huge fan of the season games for this reason, but this kind of just.
Speaker 1: Is what it is.
Speaker 3: Part of the business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's never gonna change because there's so much money involved. But is tough, Yeah, especially going to California from Minister.
Speaker 3: Years in a row. Yeah, socially two years in a row. They did it last year.
Speaker 2: That's right, because this is the game that darstill got hurt in correct a Thursday night?
Speaker 3: Get in a short week, man, Yeah, ridiculous. They always travel. I know, I get it, but he's right, I mean, you just got to deal with it. They're dealing with it too.
Speaker 6: Yes, we got to get on a plane on Wednesday and we you know, We're going to lose a few hours of physical recovery and mental preparation.
Speaker 3: But it is what it is, man Like.
Speaker 6: I look, didn't the Rams that I hear this correctly, Didn't the Rams fly into that London game the day before?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I heard. Oh wow, there's Crai.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And they came out and they throttled throughout the Jaguars. That's the best team in the end of the.
Speaker 2: Jaguars looked like the Jaguars again all of a sudden, you know.
Speaker 1: After Stafford through five touchdowns and didn't throw for two hundred yards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well because three of the touchdowns he threw to uh uh were a yard? Weren't they a yard? Or two? Yeah? They were Adams? Yeah, thank you there.
Speaker 5: There was not one of those shrows that was more than two yards. Incredible for three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Well, then the Chargers get run over by maybe the best team in the NFL, the Indianapolis Colts put up thirty eight points.
Speaker 2: Then they know they were a sleeping giant, were they? We know they were a quarterback away.
Speaker 1: Well, Jathan Taylor comes from seven m VP's back. Yeah, yeah, he's all the way, but I think he has seven touchdowns in his last two games, two or three games.
Speaker 6: He needs to be and I you know, we all, we all complain about the same thing, every MVP and every Heisman and all this other stuff. It's all quarterback driven and some some unbelievable performances on other positions getting negated Taylor's season right now.
Speaker 3: He should be top two.
Speaker 1: Three of MVP voting right now. And I'm not to stir the pot. You know what else they've done really well? They've drafted really well. Tyler Warren, the tight end they got out of Penn State, is a monster. He's I mean he's he's the next Sam Laporta.
Speaker 3: He is a monster.
Speaker 1: Four catches, sixty nine yards and a touchdown. He's always open, and he's everywhere on the field. And that was I think their fourteenth overall pick. I think they they swung and hit a home run with that kid. What about Richardson Well and well there is that good good rebuttal yeah yeah man.
Speaker 2: And Daniel Jones. I mean everybody's already said enough, what are you gonna say? I don't give up on a kid, I guess right, don't give.
Speaker 3: Up on a kid.
Speaker 6: Well, also it might be where he was. Well, I know that's the thing I think. I mean, we're obviously still an experimental phase right now with our quarterback, and we still don't know what we have. But like I think, I think with some of these resurgence of these players, some of these players having like great kind of cool quote second halfs of their career, does it make more sense if you're a franchise that's looking for a quarterback to just pay a guy, approve a deal and then you may have to pay out your wazu to keep him, but you know that you're going to get a guy that you can rely on and he's he's been proven now and he's a he's a true vet and you don't have to go through those growing pains. There might be some validity to that.
Speaker 1: The twenty twenty six starting quarterback for your Minnesota Vikings, Mac Jones.
Speaker 3: What what what you're saying next season? Next?
Speaker 2: You're saying that you're taking the already.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that's an answer. There's your answer right there.
Speaker 1: He's had a massive resurgence and a similar offense that we run here, in a similar coaching style that we run here.
Speaker 3: Just saying we're five and two with him. You're right, you're going to Carson Wentz will be gone, but you're giving up on our arm.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying I think Max has a better chance starting quarterback in twenty text.
Speaker 3: Thanks man, I've been working on my arm. I got a sick spiral.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 3: Are you a dual threat? He can spin it? Why do you say that? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What made what made you assume that? I'm a pocket.
Speaker 1: Passer's accol thanks a lot fifteen. You're a pocket passer? Oh passer?
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, everybody said you know you're playing up passing on the pocket about one online.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you're giving up on JJ already.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, no, you're not. Don't I know what you're saying to your thing. Know what you're saying that you give up on. That's a guy that's failed.
Speaker 1: He was horrific in New he was bad in Jacksonville, and then he found his groove. And uh also though San Francisco, anybody can play quarterback for that team and be good.
Speaker 2: Keep saying that, So what is it?
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm saying. I'm just saying, so is he good or not?
Speaker 1: He's great starting quarterback, could be the starting quarter back here next year.
Speaker 3: Mcarthy, you're giving up on it. Don't give it back Jones? Wow, are you giving up? Why are you doing that? Do you want JJ on Thursday or you Yeah, they should start it on Thursday? Yeah, because you got to see.
Speaker 1: It's the example I used a couple hours ago. The Giants lost in one of the worst games ever, but they have a franchise course.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you we all know what you have is a bad attitude. Have a bad attitude, and and and a quick hook is what you've got.
Speaker 3: Well, I have Pogi's disease.
Speaker 2: I can tell. He's like a banana downstairs, but it's bent weirdly, like a ninety degree angle. You have a bent banana?
Speaker 3: Yeah, cooking carrots. It's too short to be ben.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you what else. It looks like it's spoiled rotten. Oh, it's a weird It looks like a rotten banana. It looks like and it's and you know what, it's the same consistency as a rotten banana. It's kind of mushy. What I don't know.
Speaker 3: Start making banana bread and you've got a weird Winger's what I'm.
Speaker 2: We're all getting complaints about it.
Speaker 3: Thank it?
Speaker 2: Why because we put your wife on the power Trip t exchange.
Speaker 3: She's she is now she's complaining about it. Never tell I must not ever numbers saved.
Speaker 2: Patrick morshow will get back right for this? Uh Max will do Fan five after this on the Fight