Speaker 1: If anything happens to us, can you delete our browser history and throw away that box under the bed.
Speaker 2: I don't think you understand how to brave. People are susy coming up in just a moment.
Speaker 3: What do you have on the.
Speaker 4: Way you do?
Speaker 5: In Denver, Colorado, there was a street sign that went up and quickly came down because of an error. I'll tell you the story and what they did wrong next.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to this and we'll get to that in just a moment.
Speaker 6: Justin says, it's a girl I've seen on pornhub, Indicuff Flowers. She's white with reds and it's quite attractive. He says, all right, Indocuff Flowers a porn.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 6: Wuaco says, I know this isn't politically correct and maybe even violates one of those Crown laws.
Speaker 3: It's a crown law. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 6: But I find all dreadlocks gross, especially when they're old and long and kind of smashed and madded at the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I had I only have one encounter with the.
Speaker 5: Dreadlock person, and it was in college, and she was a granola and would would not shower, and it would be the dreads would progressively get worse and they would be like fuzzy because it was all Madden, and she would smell Petchulli. Her roommate finally was like, I can't deal with you smell Petuli.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she smelled like pachuli. I see. And her roommate actually moved out because she's like.
Speaker 6: Speaking of granola snitch, you were out yesterday because you were puke uncontrollably throughout the night.
Speaker 3: Have you had anything to eat since then?
Speaker 8: A little bit of my Laura bar of your what Laura bar is like a little granola bar kind of Oh.
Speaker 5: No, that's not the lactating No, okay, because that's what's being recalled.
Speaker 3: And we were wondering if you were lactating or did diarrheal let us.
Speaker 8: I did not have any salads, okay, okay, good, all right, So you're feeling he's feeling better, good, but you're still not eating.
Speaker 3: You had a little a nibble, you had a nibble of your how do you say that bar?
Speaker 5: Laara?
Speaker 3: Is there a Lara bar? Yeah? How do you spell that? L A r A l A r A.
Speaker 9: I've never even heard of that? Have you even seen these? Just four ingredients or three ingredients? Oh, what are the three?
Speaker 3: What flavor do you have? This kind?
Speaker 8: That one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, peanut butter or no, there's.
Speaker 9: No chocolate chip of mine? Okay, but whatever banana bread one three ingredients, relicious.
Speaker 8: Look at it, it looks like it looks like a yeah, it's natural kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: What's in it? What are the three peanut one's.
Speaker 9: Peanut butter, one's chocolate chips, and then I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Else is in this one? Goop to hold it together?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's the goop to hold those two ingredients together?
Speaker 3: I need to know? Now? Could it really only be what's gluten free? Look at that? It doesn't for you? He comes here, comes, How do you this bar? I'm going to order some.
Speaker 9: There's a bunch of bars like this that's just there's one that's just like it has just it just says what's on it goes, raisins, cashews, whatever else crap is in it, and there's just four ingredients.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of these kinds.
Speaker 5: Do you hear your stomach, Charlie? Do you notice like.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to eat better? So yeah, I'm hungry. I could hear his stomach is.
Speaker 6: Just growling so hungry that he's not You're not eating anything.
Speaker 9: Oh no, no, I'm eating I'm just not eating as much literal food noise. Yeah, what did I have yesterday? I had a steamer whatever it is. Well, no, it's like a healthy choice. It's like a microwaveable meal, but it kind of steams itself. That was lunch. And then dinner, I bought these, bought these like chicken nuggets. They're lightly breaded chicken nuggets. I don't know what brand, Perdue, lightly bread lightly breaded, that's the key. And I'm weighing it out to make sure I'm eating the correct amount instead of just going nuts.
Speaker 3: And then and then what else did I have? Oh?
Speaker 9: Just steamer bag of vegetables, just potatoes and green beans. So I'm eating semi real food that I'm microwaving a lot.
Speaker 3: So that's all you had yesterday.
Speaker 9: Well, then in the middle of the night, I got hungry at like twelve thirty and I've I found myself eating a lot of peanut butter.
Speaker 3: That wasn't good.
Speaker 9: Oh, I was going nuts with a spoon or with your fingers, well spoon, no, but I was going wild.
Speaker 3: I was going w Will you get out of bed, you go to the kitchen, take a side. I need. I need my peanut, but I need the peanut butter. That's a need. The food noise was out of control, too.
Speaker 5: Sore your pains.
Speaker 3: I could eat so much peanut butter yet order.
Speaker 6: Frank the family that says that this this bar Laura bar, that's a barred geared for vaginal health, he claims, nice, My my badge has never been healthier. All right, Dougie, are you ready for the shizzy?
Speaker 3: I'm rover. Here we go kind of shizzy. I'll roll this morning glory.
Speaker 5: I'll start with this story because we just had that collar before the break who said he had to go pick up his kid at college. He just dropped him off at college and then he got a call he used to go pick his kid up because there was a misunderstanding about blowing up a college campus and he was really just playing fart noises. And I saw this story. This service at Applebee's turned into the news story because a nineteen year old student at Indiana University named Jackson Han was arrested after he threatened to bomb the Applebee's on social media. He was frustrated with the service and started to vent in an Instagram story. The post was flagged by Meta and reported to the FBI National Threat Operations Center. They called the local authorities, who evacuated the restaurant and closed it for the night while they searched the place.
Speaker 3: The police tracked down Jackson. He admitted to the post.
Speaker 5: He said he was just hungry, he was tired, he was upset that he hadn't gotten his food, and that it was it was just a stupid post.
Speaker 3: It wasn't anything serious.
Speaker 6: He didn't and the Applebee's waiting for his food when he posted that he was going to bomb the AFP, I did you.
Speaker 5: See it where? I didn't see the post. But he is not going to get a slap on the wrist. He's now facing one kind of felony intimidation, which can carry up to nearly three years in prison.
Speaker 6: Then come on, that's that's that's really good a stretch. Obviously, this was a stupid he maybe you can't do that.
Speaker 3: I hope you.
Speaker 6: I mean, before you close the entire store and whatnot, you also have to sort of evaluate the threat well, and you have to evaluate is this okay if somebody's upset that the waitress is taking a long time, and they say they say they're going to blow up the restaurant. What is the likelihood I'm waiting for my food. I've been waiting twenty minutes, so I should blow this place up. What's the likelihood that guy actually has a bomb, he's going to plant the bomb, He's going to bomb the place.
Speaker 3: Zero.
Speaker 6: So you have to look at this with it like with some critical thinking. I'm not saying you should make those posts, but let's not go overboard here and ruin the guy's life.
Speaker 2: Go on.
Speaker 5: So you know that Spirit Airline, the discount airline they just a few months ago halted all operations, was back in May, and now they've been selling off their remaining assets through the bankruptcy process ever since. Well, most of the plane's equipment in real estate been selling off. There's other things that are valuable and you don't even realize this, but it has been disclosed that the company agreed to sell all of its data to Google for ten million dollars. So that's emails, internal communications, spreadsheets, transactions with the public, including bookings, frequent flyer information, as well as human resources human resources info on their employees, so.
Speaker 3: All of that is going to do. This is going to tell you they're going to feed it to AI models. I don't like that.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess it's putting in all these AI models there. They're just buying books and there's buying, buying and destroying. Do you see how they scan them? Somehow they destroy them when they scan them, A big oh, it's.
Speaker 9: Big scissor thing cuts the book and then just feeds every book and it's it's some sort of you have to do it, and you have to do it because it's some sort of copyright law.
Speaker 8: They have to destroy it as they scan it. It's a single book though, it's not every book made. You know, well, they're doing it to every book. No, they're only scanning one book. That was the misleading title. Uh article, what do you mean? Of course they're like the same book twice book. Yeah, and all the other books are still available. Sure, but people with the article makes it sound like they're destroying all book.
Speaker 3: Unless it's a really rare book that there's only one. There's only one that you that's probably.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're just they're going to destroy they will because there's some sort of copyright law forces them because it'd be the same as copying the book, and then you have two copies because you've copied it, so you if you scan it, you have to destroy the originally one copy left and it's in the AI.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, so imagine any sort of email or correspondence, or you don't even have to email or have correspondence. You just had to be a customer of spirit like I was, like most of us probably were a flowing spirit.
Speaker 3: And now who knows what kind of stuff they're going to they're buying data like that all the time. Yeah, man, that's not ten for that data. Okay, go on, dude.
Speaker 5: Flight attendance and pilots are at the highest risk of dying from radiation related cancers, even more than people who work with radioactive materials.
Speaker 3: That's according to a new study.
Speaker 5: Cosmic radiation comes from space, only a small amount reaches the Earth's surface, but exposure is greater for people flying at high altitudes. So there's been very limited evidence from small studies suggesting that the exposure translates to higher cancer death rates among people who fly often.
Speaker 3: Again, that's pilots and flight attendants.
Speaker 5: So this new study, oh yeah, absolutely the new study brings important new evidence to bear on this question, and now they need to do even more research to see what are the exact numbers. So I thought that was kind of interesting that flight attendants and pilots.
Speaker 6: I don't know how the class action lawsuit every flight attendant that gets cancer, they're going to blame the airline.
Speaker 3: All the airlines are going to get sued. You should have known. We'll see all right.
Speaker 5: In Denver, they are replacing a street sign after a photo on social media show that it was misspelled. The California sign at the intersection of Nineteenth and California Streets was reportedly installed on Monday. The photo drew hundreds of comments, including a Facebook post from Denver Mayor Mike Johnston that said the city would leave spellcheck on before creating another sign.
Speaker 3: It says Californina, no California. Very very funny. So they had to remove that sign.
Speaker 5: And that's it. That's the shizzy on Rovers Morning Glory.
Speaker 1: Wow, become an insta celebrity when you call into the show with video. After you video call Rovers Morning Glory, everyone will recognize you as the genius with the best and.
Speaker 3: Smartest comment of all time.
Speaker 10: Just download the Rover Radio app and use it to video call the show. Fame Away with video calls inside the Rover Radio app, available in app stores.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I don't know why, but.
Speaker 6: This this woman in this in Detroit, she's a news anchor.
Speaker 3: There's video of her. Now, they obviously don't like this jake.
Speaker 6: She's been fired from the I believe it's the Fox affiliate there. She's now suing the Fox affiliate for firing her. But she must have been a real piece of work, a real bitch, and it reminds me of somebody.
Speaker 3: So they must.
Speaker 6: Hate this woman so much that they secretly record her, like when she's making you know, her whole hold on to the stuff, like when she's cutting a promo or a PSA or something. Because here's a video of her in the middle of recording a public service announcement when she starts confronting an employee at the radio station who I believe was EV station, her boss.
Speaker 3: What did I say, radio station out? Sorry, I'm projecting onto Doogie here. I think this is no this is a TV station. So she's recording this PSA.
Speaker 6: Somebody there's some sort of dispute about she has the script open over here, and then they need the script open over there.
Speaker 3: But here, listen to this slash given guide. I'm gonna do that again. What's up tip trace figure?
Speaker 11: I am, I'm an Amy script the Amy's Angels one there was the second thing didn't make sense.
Speaker 3: I was just trying to fix that part, and.
Speaker 11: I know, but I didn't have time because we have to do this, so I was still reading it.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 11: I mean, I can't wait for you to go through them all and then I go through them, because then I'm already getting ready by that. But this time we had to do the PSAs.
Speaker 3: So finish what? Okay?
Speaker 11: Cashawn just came in here and said something about marking off go ahead.
Speaker 3: I don't think you are.
Speaker 11: You're walking out really angry bitch.
Speaker 3: Geez oh, Pete, I.
Speaker 11: Can I feel?
Speaker 3: Please finish what I'm gonna say? What the fuck? Grow up?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 3: He's trying to calm her down.
Speaker 11: I'm so done with her antics telling on me every five seconds.
Speaker 3: I'm done. I'm done. I'm done. Who does this sound like? Nobody? I know? Both of sound like? Does what? Both of them?
Speaker 9: The other lady too? You have to try to antagonize one another oh, yes, and they've done it. And then they pushed this lady out apparently. I don't know, I don't know the whole relationship there, but obviously the newslady sounds just like Dougie saying.
Speaker 3: You're a bitch, You're a bitch. They're saying. This lady is named Taren Asher. She was fired by Fox.
Speaker 6: She's now suing them claiming sex discrimination, gender discrimination.
Speaker 9: She was she was fired because she's a woman. She says, what I mean, the lady she was arguing with was a lady. Yeah, uh and so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's the sex discrimination.
Speaker 3: She just says that because she's a woman, that's why they were discriminating against her.
Speaker 4: Stage Magic just came out and say, we fired because she's a bitch.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 6: That's that's well, that is essentially what Fox said.
Speaker 9: They said, No, we are not. We didn't fire her because of her gender. We fired her because of her conduct towards other employees and her extreme it's extremely difficult to work as just a general nastiness and unpleasantness to be around. Yes, just makes things worse when they're around, just kind of stirring the pot, just causing problems, doing things the wrong way on purpose, especially like getting a meeting invite, reading it and just being like I'm not going to that just for no reason other than just a flex for some reason.
Speaker 3: And loves confronting people. I loves Yes, So.
Speaker 6: This is it does sort of remind me of Douge that that is when when I watch it newscaster, that's sort of like it.
Speaker 3: Gives me goosebumps because at yes, not turned on.
Speaker 9: It gives me kind of scared, like this is what I have to this is I'm glad that you. I'm glad that you get to see it and see what other people have to deal with.
Speaker 3: This is what it's like.
Speaker 9: See and now you're just you won't even admit it. Just watch it. You don't feel that that lady's being a kind of a bitch. When you do, you don't pick up on any of it, pick up on what you're throwing down, No pick up like, oh.
Speaker 3: This is kind of what I'm like to be around. Difficult. Okay, I'm not difficult. M m m rovers difficult mm hmmm.
Speaker 9: It's just it's just a general nastiness, yes, just as.
Speaker 3: Nastiness, and it's it's probably stupid too, right, Charlie.
Speaker 6: She's this news anchor is probably stupid and doesn't realize how stupid she is.
Speaker 9: Just like she's reading, she's reading this script. It's not ready. I mean, that was the whole thing. You're it's not No, no, I don't know if it's somebody else's Amy's Angels.
Speaker 3: Was the p s A.
Speaker 9: So they're saying like, I'm reading the Amy script for Amy's Angels, and they're like, well, it's not done, idiot, what are you doing? You're gonna have to redo this again. So I'm trying to warn you don't do it right now because you can't tell her anything. No, no, I can't tell he or anything.
Speaker 3: Not sure about that. Okay, let me take a quick break.
Speaker 6: Eight six six yeo Rover eight sixty six nine six seven six eight three seven will he will be right back on Rover's Morning Glory.
Speaker 3: Hang on, professor in New York. You're on Rover's Morning Glory. Good morning. How do you do Rover? Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 12: I just wanted to bring up about Doozey's just fighting all the time against you. She's like Mack's wife, you guys. He guys brought up examples of her and she just doesn't want to see it. I'm kind of curious if he did that with the microphone in front of her face, shed it in her ear or cheek her forehead. Then today you asked her to go to the right side of the microphone.
Speaker 3: Yes, she thought she wants to stand on the left side and hide her Yeah. You literally cannot tell her anything.
Speaker 6: There's something wrong with her brain, and I do believe it's oppositional defiant disorder. We've looked at the symptoms or the telltale signs of odd oppositional defiant disorder.
Speaker 3: I think do she has.
Speaker 6: Well, you just cannot tell her to do anything.
Speaker 5: What is wrong with I am not oppositional or defiant, No, not.
Speaker 3: She does anything that you tell her to do.
Speaker 6: She does the exact opposite because she enjoys aggravating people. She enjoys kissing people off, and she's a kick out of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I mean doing it right now. She's a bitch, just like that newscaster. She's a total bitch. Yes, thank you, professor. I'm not a bitch.
Speaker 5: I just I got a lot of people coming at me at different ways, and I just put my walls up so that you can come at me and it just goes poo poo, poo poo and it bounces off, just like that newscaster bounces right off of her.
Speaker 3: What's what's going on with this sweatshirt of yours? I don't do It's like clash, It's like plash dance. What are you wearing underneath it? It's a tank top. I'm wearing black and white theme. Buddy. Why because it's white? You rip this sweatshirt yourself? No, my daughter cut it, so I was like calling me wear it. Oh yeah, that's not it's a good look. I think you're just jealous of me. Okay. There's a.
Speaker 6: Two teachers are complaining about their school district in Nashville, and they have a claim that they're making.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm curious if this happens all the time.
Speaker 6: And when I was a kid and I was in school, I would hope that the teacher would help me by giving me a passion grade that I didn't deserve, right, Like it would be your dream scenario.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just get sick of you and they're like, let's get this cat out of here. Yes, yes, and you hope that they'll do that for you. But these two teachers in Nashville, they are complaining about what's going on in the school district.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 3: Let me see if I can jump into this. Give me one sick and here we go, D D D give me I'm sick.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna play you this little here we go, this making the great investigation.
Speaker 13: The second floor of her condo is where Samirra Hartcastle is starting over.
Speaker 3: This is my art studio and I usually paint people.
Speaker 13: After eight years of teaching Arts and Metro schools, including being named the twenty twenty five twenty twenty six Teacher of the Year at John F. Kennedy Middle School, she decided to end her career.
Speaker 3: I put in my resignation in May.
Speaker 13: The reason spelled out in her resignation letter fabricating grades at the direction, she says.
Speaker 3: Of district administrators.
Speaker 7: And they just want me to shut up and go along with the game that they're playing. And I'm not.
Speaker 13: Hardcastle is now the second former Metro teacher who alleges an emails and resignation letters that administrators directed them to change failing grades.
Speaker 3: Hardcastle believes this for one reason.
Speaker 7: It makes our scores look better. I mean, as a district, it makes things look better.
Speaker 13: In Hardcastle's case, she says a student failed to complete an art project, so she gave the student a failing grade on the assignment. She says the student's parent then tried to intervene. The dispute reached the district level, in which Hardcastle says three administrators met with a parent and decided Hardcastle hadn't provided the proper rubric.
Speaker 3: For the assignment. So they all, what's a rule brick? What's it?
Speaker 4: By the way, I get surmise, it's like the blueprint Earth. What's required of the assignment?
Speaker 3: Destruction?
Speaker 4: I guess, yeah, against constructions for the assignment. I never heard that term until day.
Speaker 3: Oh, so you just came up with this. That's correct? Actually it is right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good job context clues. Good job there, Jeffrey, a proper rubric.
Speaker 13: Hadn't provided the proper rubric for the assignment, so they all came to.
Speaker 7: The conclusion that had to change our grade. I did not change our grade. They did, I refuse.
Speaker 13: Emails obtained by WSMB four investigates show former John Overton High School math teacher Diana Wills also fought back against changing failing grades, writing what is being done is unethical and could very well be interpreted as illegal. The emails show that administrators wrote Wills had failed students but had not alerted their parents to their failing grades as required by district policy, and that because of it, she needed to pass the students, giving them a d. Wills fired back, saying one student was told many times to make up the exams and never did, and that she was out on medical leave for much of one semester, and asking when was I supposed to be contacting parents, writing quote, you can cook the books to have the data look the way.
Speaker 3: You needed to.
Speaker 13: For three days, WSMB four Investigates has been asking Metro Schools for an interview.
Speaker 3: Instead, we received emails the.
Speaker 13: District spokesment writing in Will's case, there was a difference of opinion on district policies and so essentially what.
Speaker 6: They're saying, these two teachers are saying that the school district is trying to pass basically everybody to make themselves look better.
Speaker 3: And what comes with that is more money from the government. So the better you do, the more money you get. And that's why these.
Speaker 6: School districts are purposely passing people at don't.
Speaker 9: Deserve to be passed. Now do you think that this is a common thing that's going in Absolutely, because like when I was a kid, you would just fail and they keep you, they keep you a grade, they go you're not going on to the next grade. Now you think that they're just letting everybody go through whether they can read or write or do were your stories that there's people that graduate high school they can't they can't read, and you're like, that's unbelievable. I think they're passing tons of people just wanted to make their district look better. But two, just get the annoying kid out, Like if he's ruining the class, you want to deal with them another year and just be like, Okay, we're gonna have to deal with him, and then he's not gonna do good the next year, so just give him a D minus. He gets out of your hair and you're done and you don't have to deal with it.
Speaker 3: Where there was always like when I was in high school, there was always seemed to be a kid that I'm sure he wasn't, but he always appeared to be about twenty four years old. And it's like still in like his third year as a.
Speaker 6: Senior, or something like it, which is always like an old like a kid who could never pass, usually for.
Speaker 3: A black leather jacket or something.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And but now they don't do that, you're telling me, they just pass everybody. Well, that's in that uh news thing too.
Speaker 8: The parents are to blame because back when, back when we were kids, parents had no like no say it was the teachers, there was number one. Now it's flipped the teacher or the parents would come in, oh, no, you better not do this to my kids. Yeah, and then teacher.
Speaker 3: I remember parent teacher conferences that my mom would go to, and it was always, at least it seemed that the teachers were the ones who were telling the parents about you. Now it's the other way around. It's the parents who are telling.
Speaker 6: The teachers how they're going to grade their kid, how they're going to handle their kid and all that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: But that is kind of shocking that they would try to change all these screens. But I did just say I saw another story that it was a college what was it a college? A college professor who is who teaches I think calculus or something, you know, a college level calculus, and that the kids can't even they barely can do even basic math when they come into college, and she fully blamed the lacks entry requirements that they have to get into college now because they don't want anybody to feel bad. Oh, you don't have the grades to get into college. Ooh, that might be traumatic, it might make you feel icky, and they just let everybody in. It could also be that they just want the money and then they don't want to look like they have a bunch of failing kids, so they have to juice the grades they have to They have to give them passing grades.
Speaker 13: Great changes did quote not meaningfully affect the student's final outcome in those courses. In response to Hardcastle's complaints, the spokesman wrote, her claim does not fully reflect what occurred. As for the incomplete art project, there was no written school wide policy at the time that prohibited the students from being given an opportunity.
Speaker 3: To complete the work. So the student finished the project and got the grade.
Speaker 6: So, in other words, if you don't finish they they're what they're claiming is the student didn't finish the work, but we had no policy against not finishing your work and turning it in on time, so then we give you the opportunity to finish it.
Speaker 3: After we tell you your past due, we we have to give you.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is not setting kids up for success in the real world, because your job isn't going to do that. They're not going to go, oh yeah, you didn't do your work, well, okay, just do it this week. Okay, please, pretty please. That's not how it's going to work. Eight sixty six yell were over eight sixty six nine sixty seven six eight three seven.
Speaker 14: I finish what you feel like it, when you have finish it, when you feel like doing it, Just turn it in whenever you on. When we were young, it was every day that you didn't turn it in by the due date, it went down a grade, it went down a percentage.
Speaker 3: There was some kind of consequence in place. Well, the kid could just say, oh, I was having a mental health day and I was unable to complete my work. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, when I was in school, we had very old school teachers, and they give you a deadline.
Speaker 3: You stick by that deadline period. That was just the way it was.
Speaker 9: You'd be lucky if you could talk to them into giving it to you the next day at yeah, yeah, yeah, it never happened.
Speaker 4: I would say in my kid, you know, in a case like from my time in school that let's say if you were absent the day a particular exam was given, you would have you make it up, and you had we had like you could do it like that day, or you could turn the next day.
Speaker 3: That was the only exception to the rule. But you all started.
Speaker 6: This all started when the no Kid Left Behind law was implemented, which means they ask everybody so the district looks good and they get more money. Justin says, I worked with a guy he could read at a very basic level. I used to have to sign his name for him because he didn't have an actual signature. And this way I actually graduated high school. How can you live your life without having a signature.
Speaker 3: I don't buy that. You don't teach cursive anymore. Yeah, but you're always signing your name, Like, well.
Speaker 6: Why how would you know how to sign it if they don't teach cursive. Your signature is cursive.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have to be. You can be. It's a.
Speaker 9: But it's derived from cursive generally, right, Yeah, but it doesn't have to be. You could break whatever you want. Yeah, Yeah, Charlie is right.
Speaker 7: You can do.
Speaker 3: You could just make swirrels if you wanted to.
Speaker 9: Remember when I used to get detentions, I would sign the print symbol and that was my signature, the print symbol, the prince prince.
Speaker 4: Oh, but that strange genuine symbol that he uses, but he changes name to that the student period, like the mid nineties.
Speaker 3: That's what I used to do. And they're really annoyed and say that wasn't my signature, and I said, yes it is. Wendy says, my husband is a guy at his shop that's attempting to sue the school district because his kids are failing. But that's not it.
Speaker 6: How How is that the school district's fault. That's your your kid's fault. They're stupid. You have stupid, lazy kids. That's what it boils down to. And then people go, oh, my kid needs special help. Well, if that's on you. If your kid needs special help, to me, it's on you, not everybody else that has to you know, slow down and wait for your kid and everything.
Speaker 3: So that's that's a problem that you have to deal with now. For sure.
Speaker 4: You know another trend I've noticed though over you don't have a lot of kids are using technology like an iPad or a small laptop or a chromebook to do the schoolwork. A lot of school districts around the country. And I've read this that they're reverting back to the old the old school away. When I'm saying the old school, I'm talkingbou at the dark ages pen paper in a textbook, and I say, they've seen improvements, uh in kids because they're going reverting back to that.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and they can wait, they can't use chat you bet anymore.
Speaker 6: If you're doing that, that's probably smart and lock up their phones like they're doing in some schools. It's like you said, definitely, I think helps out. Here's the rest of this story.
Speaker 13: After speaking with WSMB four investigates, Hardcastle then went before the school board Tuesday night, publicly making her claims about changing failing grades.
Speaker 3: It creates false entitlement. What happens when these kids lie.
Speaker 7: To eat, and cry their way through school and end up as future doctors, police or politicians.
Speaker 13: Samir Hardcastle says she has now left the teaching profession entirely. Before she quits, she was given a disciplinary action accused of unprofessional communication with another parent and student.
Speaker 3: Now he asked Dianah Wills for.
Speaker 13: An interview, but she is now suing the district for suspending her in Her attorney declined our requests.
Speaker 3: Jeremy, I think a lot of parents watching this.
Speaker 11: May be surprised to learn that a Metro teacher does not have the final word on his student's grade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's Roy Tracy. They don't, according to these emails.
Speaker 13: Principles can and do make the final decisions in these conflicts. If there's something you want me to know now, I would I would understand, Like I think, it is a real thing.
Speaker 6: Sometimes some sometimes teachers and particular kids don't get along right, and they were certainly in my case, I had teachers that I didn't like.
Speaker 3: They didn't like me, and so they might be a little bit harder on somebody.
Speaker 6: I think you could say the only way you could say that you could change a grade is if you if if you proved as a kid, the parent of a kid, you say, look he did the work here it is got a he got an F. He should have gotten a C. Look at the actual work, look at the grade, look at the score. You know, if there's something like that going on, maybe you could intervene and change a grade. But if they don't do the work at all, I don't know how you can say, oh, we're going to go ahead and change the grade. So you think they do this in your kids' school.
Speaker 5: Where the people higher up change it. I think it's in every school. To be honest, I think that they have to protect the money that's coming in. But I also think that these kids are given many opportunities and if they don't do it, it's on them. You have to be held accountable for your actions at school.
Speaker 6: If this is how they're getting money, it's just by juicing the numbers of kids that get good grades, and the higher the grades, the more money they make. You there's an incentive for those schools to lie about it. I think you have to take away that incentive. You have to change this.
Speaker 5: You'll never take that away. You want to schools because they need money.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can give them money, but why would you tie And.
Speaker 5: I don't think they're like I don't think it might just be one or two people through the year.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't think it's a lie. I think it's Oh, I think it's very common.
Speaker 6: One or two people is not going to be enough to change Their funding otis d Torch.
Speaker 3: Rights. I'm a retired educator in Central New York. This happens all the time.
Speaker 6: The administration overrules teachers in order to push kids through. It is all about graduation statistics. A good friend of mine is a PE teacher. She had a student who didn't participate the entire year. At the end of the year, she refused to pass the kid, but the administration stepped in and said he needs to pass. They forced her to give the student credit for mowing his grandmother's law.
Speaker 3: That not gets you the pass in PE class.
Speaker 6: I guess if you mow your grandmother's law and Big Daddy twenty three fifty eight says, good for this teacher for exposing this bs.
Speaker 3: She should be commended. Yeah, as a kid, you couldn't. You couldn't get away with this.
Speaker 5: There's a my daughter just started school and she's in pre calculus and they're doing something different there. The teacher says that you won't have homework. We're gonna we're gonna flip it. We're not gonna give you homework to do it at home. You're gonna do the math, the calculus in the schoolat so because if you go home and gia it for her. She gets it, like I don't get math, but she sees the puzzle, she fixes it. I personally can't do it, and some of our friends would be like crying, I can't figure this out.
Speaker 3: Can you help?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 9: How do?
Speaker 5: I can't see it? So what this teacher is doing? And I've never seen this? They're flipping it when.
Speaker 1: You go home.
Speaker 5: There's some videos you can watch on how to do it, and then in class when you can't figure it out, the teacher is there to tell that's just.
Speaker 8: To stop from cheating too and to actually teach them. Yeah, is that you're saying I think they give kids too much homework. I think you should when you go home. I don't think you should have to be worried about homework. I think all of your learning should be done in school.
Speaker 3: It's the way. I think it's much for these kids. I think hours. Some of these kids get three or four hours of homework every night. Yeah, no, I I yeah.
Speaker 5: And we're going through some weird stuff right now with scheduling because it's a lot for the homework that she's about to get for her junior year, and then she doesn't get home until nine fifteen at night, and that's on her because she's choosing to do these activities. But it is a lot of homework that these kids do. Some of them are quit dance or anything though right now only two years left. So you're yeah, because that's your social circle, so you're forcing this.
Speaker 3: I'm totally forcing her to stay in those activities. But it is a lot of homework.
Speaker 6: And says, my nine year old son was diagnosed with dyslexia, Should he not get extra time or extra help?
Speaker 3: He should get help in time?
Speaker 6: Get is she get that's whatever help? But I do believe like that is kind of on the parent to be able to facilitate that. Like I don't know does the school district are they? Are they responsible for every like, like, come on, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just I think the parent has to help out there, and I don't know whatever they can change in school for that. But if you have an actual legitimate thing, dyslexia seems legitimate to me. But so many of these kids, they don't actually have any issues. It's just that the parents will say, oh, he has this, or he has that, or he's on the spectrum, or he has blah. Blah blah, the you know everything is an excuse for their kid underperforming and for them being a bad parent. Speaking of teachers, here's another teacher. She's been this other teacher. This is in Fresno, California. She has been put on administrative leave right now. She posted a video where she said that she is starting a well here, listen, she's starting a militia.
Speaker 15: But listen to this started today. I'm starting a black militia. So if you're black, if you want to shoot some guns, come find me. We're gonna rob some white people.
Speaker 6: All right, We're gonna rob some white people, she says, I'm gonna start a black militia.
Speaker 3: We're gonna shoot some guns. Come find me. We're gonna go rob some white people. This is a teacher saying this. That's a teacher. That's a big problem.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: So we just talked to a guy who who's son earlier today. He just started college a few days ago.
Speaker 6: He put a bluetooth speaker in his backpack and was playing fart sound effects and made some sort of comment about blowing up the bathroom or blowing up the building with this with farts, diarrhea.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Somebody overheard that, and now he has to go in front.
Speaker 6: Of a judge because they're gonna they want to charge him with, you know, making a threat or something because one on one.
Speaker 4: Of the things was over because the context was not clarified. Will you say, in the context of farts, you say you're just gonna make the room to stick really really bad for other people? That context was never really clarified. They thought he was actually going to actually do blow up the building.
Speaker 3: It's you know, what context would this teacher?
Speaker 6: What context could there be of this teacher saying I'm going to start a black militia.
Speaker 3: Let's go shoot some guns. We're gonna rob some white Now context.
Speaker 4: I would I would imagine, I would venture to believe that it would probably be that doing that, And I'm like, I would be scared if I saw something like I.
Speaker 3: Think it's clear she's joking, but I don't know if you should.
Speaker 4: But you got to remember and if you listen to her intonation that she doesn't sound like she's joking, you though she she might.
Speaker 3: Say she's choking, but it does not sitify in the way she spoke it.
Speaker 6: Could I go and say, you know what, we're uh, you know, hey, everyone, I'm gonna start a white militia group and we're gonna go lynch some black people. So come on and enjoin me. Bring your rope. No, I would hope you're joking. You could see that it's a joke. It's not funny.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying. I'm not saying you should know. I don't.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying I think she's joking when she says this. It's not it's not funny, though I agree. Her name is Kenisha Daily. She's a special ed teacher in Fresno. And uh, I don't know what's the second video of her? She says, Laura, let me play it because I started over. You can hear this, and then I guess there's another rest.
Speaker 15: I started today. I'm starting a black militia. So if you're black, if you want to shoot some guns, come find me. We're gonna rob some white people.
Speaker 7: And I say that.
Speaker 16: People are providing back against ice, and I believe that it's powerful. I know that people want a revolution, do want things to change, and I support that. Calling for a revolution, I support that, But just look at history and now what could be at stake.
Speaker 6: Okay, So she's a calling for a revolution. Apparently that involves robbing white people. I think now they've put her on leave, you should just be I mean, I'm usually against firing people, giving people second chance, but this is a teacher. You should know better than to post something like this. This is If a student did this, you'd expel the student. If a teacher does this, you don't just put them on leave for a week and they go it's okay. You probably have to get rid of the teacher. I've got to take a break. Eight sixty six and Yo, Rover is our number eight six six nine six seven six eight three seven.
Speaker 3: We do have the Shizzy coming up in just a moment. What do you have on the way, dude? Do you like Keto's? Sure? My personal favorites? What kind are we talking? Flaman?
Speaker 5: There is a new cheto that I'm going to tell you about, and Rover is going to hate it.
Speaker 3: Can't wait. I can't wait to tell them what it is next. All right, we'll be right back on roll for this morning. Glory, Hang on,