Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 4: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros papada Gas terrible person, he's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith and me co cover one condition.
Speaker 5: You adounce with us.
Speaker 6: Everything everything you see your father, then you see me.
Speaker 5: You'll feel Mick.
Speaker 7: Yes, he's what you would.
Speaker 3: Y'all finished. Yeah, beyond time when time is involved, it's cracking everybody and welcome. It is the one and only Petros send Money Show on AMI seventy LA Sports your home of the Dodgers. You know the Dodgers won back to back World Series Championships. He did. We haven't forgotten that. Nope, And make sure you hit the follow button on the iHeartRadio app so you can listen to the Petrosen Money Show and know exactly when the podcast is up, and or you can stream it live when the show is live. It's all there on the iHeartRadio app. There is play by play tonight night, although it is not cutting into our show at all. Pregame at seven for these eight o'clock and VC tips. You don't like that, don eight o'clock NBA tip, it's a heart of a chumpiee on. It's actually probably not even eight probably eight twelve tip NBA game on a seventy LA sparts.
Speaker 2: What about this possible slide down? Would you slide this tip?
Speaker 3: Well that if it's eight twelve, then the slide is eight sixteen or something like that.
Speaker 4: Probably, Well, it depends least a seven minutes if there's a game before it. Let me the second half goes, guys.
Speaker 3: We might just do it another ninety seconds in our open down, you know what I mean? We could eat it. Yeah, So look forward to that tomorrow. We we'll have another full show with all the Petros and Money thanksgiving Accoutremah, all the side dishes that you appreciate, even the string beams of the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 4: But like who is turning on a game at eleven twelve at night on the East Coast, eleven twelve starting in an NBA game.
Speaker 3: The guy in bad Lieutenant, you know, Jimmy fish Eyes, but it's Lebron James, it's Luca. Okay, it doesn't seem feasible. I don't know why they we're gonna do this. We're gonna do eight o'clock. I don't know.
Speaker 4: People at NBC were like, you know what, We're really gonna separate ourselves. Yes, what we're going eight to twelve?
Speaker 3: Tip?
Speaker 4: Who are all those seven forty two tip people?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 4: Know what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Who's the marketing genius behind this?
Speaker 4: You just lost half the country watching it.
Speaker 3: It really is kind of like I understand if we got a college football game at eight, because we've been piling up games all day and you're on the West coast, and okay, but this is like a consistent thing. This is what they do, and it sucks. We got Black Friday Bears Eagles, we got Thanksgiving Day triple header of NFL action. We've got the big rivalry Ohio State Michigan on Saturday Sunday, we got Raiders, Chargers. You just heard us talk to Kirk Morrison in the last Nice to talk to Kirk. He's a lovely guy. All right, it is time for the final hour. Fun Fact.
Speaker 7: It's fun in effect.
Speaker 3: It's the Yeah three fun Facts.
Speaker 7: Fun fact brought to you by our friends at can Cordy University, Irvine's Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration Program. It's a fact that a coach has more influence on others in one year than the average person does in a lifetime.
Speaker 4: Did you know that? Huh? Make the most of an.
Speaker 7: Opportunity to impact others by finding out more at CUI dot edu slash coaching.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Tim, Yeah, thanks Tim.
Speaker 3: Now, every once in a while, if I have a hot take about USC football or something like I did yesterday, they put it up on Instagram or Twitter. Who does the station right, you know, because they cut it up from the show and then they put it out there. I don't have that ability me neither, and I don't think of myself in that way very often, like where I'm gonna sit and cut up what I I said and deal with you know. But uh, I have to deal with a lot of people that say, hey, great take, well whatever, good opinion, Pee, nice job got him, you know, And there's a lot of other people who also, you know, this guy sucks. What did he ever do? He's a loser, he's never happy, which is true, you know, So you deal with that, You deal with what is other people's opinions?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm just talking about me, right, thanks, that's not what I read. But today's fun fact is Aladoxaphobia is a fear of other people's opinions, a rare social phobia characterized by an irrational and overwhelming fear of what other people think. Well, whatever that word is, alidoxaphobia, I'm the opposite. I could give two f's all right. I know that, I know, I do know that, and that's what you lead with. But deep down, deep, deep in the nooks and crannies of your soul, there is as soft as yogurt's child, just waiting to hear somebody's opinion that he doesn't live alidoxaphobia. All right, it's not with the quick as.
Speaker 2: Somebody ms quick hits, some make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Lakers Clippers eight o'clock tonight, eight twelve am, five seventy. The Lakers have won despite ranking twenty six in the league in three point attempts per game and dead last than three point field goals made per game. Maybe that's why they're good, because they don't shoot a bunch of threes.
Speaker 4: They don't have a lot of possessions. Luca walks it up every time.
Speaker 3: Well here he is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not worry about it at all. We didn't play our best game and we still find a way to win. So that's what great great teams. Obviously, I think me and ar havn't hit a shot and decision, so I'm not worried at all. Uh, once we start making, he's going to with a tough to guards.
Speaker 3: The Lakers wave center Christian Coloco and signed former Gonzaga stand out Drew Timmy on a two way contract. Timmy has played in six games for the Lakers G League affiliate and put up huge numbers, averaging twenty five to seven and four Timmy.
Speaker 4: Timmy was kind of the first guy in this nil era in basketball to really maximize not only is nil what he's making, but the first one that liked stayed in college because he knew he'd make more in college than he would in the G League or probably even overseas. He was one of the first guys that did that. Pioneer pioneer of sort, even though he can't jump over a sheet of paper. No, but he made He made a lot of a ole money at Kazagga when he was there in State. I think he was there five or six years. A smart guy, smart.
Speaker 3: Shoeotani is gonna play for Japan in the World Baseball Classic, much to the chagrin of David Vase, saying he made the announcement on Instagram yesterday. He did not say in his post whether he would be pitching for Japan, which I bet he won't be. Why good playing a lot bety pitches, gotta be careful. Guy's competitive?
Speaker 7: Yea, I'm a moto better not pitching this World Baseball Classic. Why the guy was healthy pretty much all twenty twenty five, pitched late into October, put a lot a lot of tread on those tires in twenty five.
Speaker 3: Come on, don okay, do you want to win or not? What Japan?
Speaker 4: I don't care if Japan wins or not. I want the Dodgers to one. What do I worry about those guys? Obviously we want what's best for the Dodgers. I don't know, It's just that's my whole load management problem I have.
Speaker 3: I understand Tatsuya a who is a Japanese pitcher, latest guy coming over to play in the big leagues. Where will he sign? Could it be the Dodgers. In an interview on a Japanese news program Hoto Station, Imai said he would rather beat the star studded Dodgers than play with him. Of course, I'd enjoy playing alongside Otawni, Yamamoto and Sasaki, but winning against a team like that and becoming a World Series champion would be the most valuable thing in my life. If anything, I'd rather take them down.
Speaker 4: He doesn't want to play with Will Smith or Freddie Freeman either.
Speaker 3: Just well, I guess you know. They made a real Japanese centric thing.
Speaker 6: Cola.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you about no off the fields? What play.
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: He doesn't want to dance with you? Okay, he wants to dance with his own team, his own group of special white guys like Will Smith, Yes, and you Sato. Hey, maybe he's not being a coward off the field. In the trial in Orange County, the family of the late Angels pitcher Tyler Scat sues the Angels for the twenty nineteen death, of course, for overdosing. The prosecution called twenty one witnesses over twenty four days in court, attempting to establish that the Pitcher's fatal overdose was the result of the Angel's negligent supervision of their former media relations director. Angels attorneys now will take over and present their defense. They plan to blame Skags for his own death, portraying him as a manipulative opioid attic who concealed his drug use from the team. The trial is expected to end in mid December. The family is seeking hundreds of millions of dollars in damages. Gnarly scene. Yeah, not a great situation in Anaheim. You would think this guy would just sell the team. Man. UCLA three and seven, three and six in the Big Ten head to the coliseum on Saturday to take on USC eight and three, six and two into Big Ten four point thirty NINEBC. The Trojans are a huge twenty one and a half point favorite.
Speaker 4: Dawn.
Speaker 3: UCLA interim coach Tim Skipper says the USC offense, as our friend Guy Haberman would say, offense is loaded and tough to stop. Big time players.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is an explosive offense.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think they have the most explosives in the Big Ten as far as offense goes.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna have our hands full. We're gonna have to have all hands on deck.
Speaker 8: We're gonna have to throw different things at him, trying to confuse him a little bit. I know the pass game gets a lot of attention, but their run game, in Lincoln Rodley's run game, even when he was at Aklahoma, is something you have to deal with because he always has those receivers, so you can't just play man all game and load the box.
Speaker 3: And then he's running all these.
Speaker 8: Pool schemes, whether it's counters and pin pulls, all these different things that he runs. So we're gonna have to play some really good ball and not just give away what we're doing. So it's gonna be a full week of trying to get the game planed down and then executing it.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens. The Rams are nine to two winners of six in a row at Carolina on Sunday to take on the Panthers. The Rams are the best team in the NFC right now. I think they're the best team in the League's what does that mean to Sean McVay.
Speaker 9: Here he is, Yeah, the only thing that would matter is if the season ended right now. So yeah, you know, it's you know, do you remember who was in first place with six weeks left last year?
Speaker 3: Probably the Eagle.
Speaker 5: So but I'm making it and I appreciate the question.
Speaker 9: They've done a great job through eleven games of putting themselves in this position, and when you look around this league every single week, something inevitably occurs that you're saying, I can't believe that happened. Let's stay humble, Let's stay in the moment, Let's continue to lean into our preparation, have the appropriate urgency, but also the enjoyment. This team has fun, and good football is fun, and when you're doing it with good people that you don't want to let down, that's really fun.
Speaker 5: And so I want to continue to have a great week. Obviously, we got a great opponent that we're playing that's got a lot of momentum.
Speaker 9: You know, we'll enjoy this week of preparation and then hopefully bring it to life when we are in Carolina on Sunday.
Speaker 3: It's like John Gruden had a baby. Chargers are seven and four. They host the Raiders. It's time for the Jim Harbaugh Weekly US Conference with the Media, brought to you by Vawel and Instant Oil Change Home with the fifteen Minute Oil Change with Stay in your Car service. Visit socaaloil Change dot com to find a location near you in southern California. So what was the process like for you as far as self scouting during the Bible good?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 10: Uh you know those days after I set back and in anything or those are long hours, painful hours and days. But uh, I think that that's what the good ones do. I mean, you're you're curious to learn and uh and uh and you want to learn and grow. And I thought our uh I thought we did a good job of that and excited excited for today really I mean, uh, get back on the field.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: Everybody has come back. Uh you know with that uh that mindset to uh to roll. So uh yeah, there's a good sense of uh, you know, feeling good. You know great that have a great day today of practice.
Speaker 5: Just going through rewatching and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Just with six games, Like, how would you characterize the identity of the foss.
Speaker 10: Yeah, a very capable team. And uh, the the don't want to is I pride? I mean I think uh I characterize as that and that you know, in that one word, I mean, uh pride in uh and individual performance, group group performance, you know, the way they prepare, the way they practice, uh and and the and ultimately the production on the field. I mean, UH means a lot.
Speaker 5: Everybody cares.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 10: Everybody wants to be good at their work, you know, and and and that's what I've seen, uh, you know, throughout the season.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 5: You know coming back.
Speaker 10: Uh, guys came back yesterday Monday, and h couldn't have scripted any better. I mean, every guy locked in from the from the beginning workout meetings, walk through.
Speaker 5: The same thing has happened today. And so yeah, it's a great day. To have a great day.
Speaker 10: Let's make today the best best meetings in practice of the season.
Speaker 3: Off the field, twenty six semi finalists have been announced for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Included on that.
Speaker 7: List, Hold on, can we do like one at a time, I'll throw out a name and you guys tell me Hall of Famer or not.
Speaker 2: Drew Brees, Yes, Yes, Larry Fitzgerald.
Speaker 4: Yes, Tory Holt from a RAM.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he hesitated, don Yeah, Adam Vinnii the kicker, Sure, yeah for kickers, Terrell Suggs Arizona State, Baltimore, Raven Great short Arms yes, Rodney Harrison, yes, Philip Rivers. No, he's got the individual numbers though, yeah he does.
Speaker 3: All right, Fine, it's the NFL.
Speaker 5: Who cares.
Speaker 3: It's not like baseball.
Speaker 2: It's harder probably to get into the NFL.
Speaker 1: No, hell no, the.
Speaker 3: Baseball people are the worst NFL you could you could play on the worst team. You're a kicker. You're getting in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 7: I just named off one, two, three, four, five, six, eight guys getting in this show.
Speaker 3: ELI two super Bowls. We'll be back with se Basketball talk with the one and Onli Daba Play.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app, using Apple car Play or Android Auto road trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, everybody, Petro send money, Happy to be with you on this two. Ed Mono Tuesday on this time to the Lies. Tuesday Tonight, we've got Lakers Clippers Night. You don't want to miss that. Show starts at eight o'clock. Well, tip, first tip is at eight. The show starts at seven with fully fun Channel employee Adam. This is a new and awesome thing that the NBC and the NBAS are doing the eight o'clock tip, which is awesome. We're looking forward to that, and we're also looking forward to being in Downy. Live Petro some Money Power Lunch one o'clock on Monday. Don't get too full of Thanksgiving. We need you at the BJ's Restaurant in brew House in Downey at one o'clock and we'll have all kinds of great prizes to give away and all kinds of fun to be had. Will Tim Kates be there? No, he doesn't want to talk to Matt after the Raiders and Chargers game, but Matt and I will be there.
Speaker 7: So if the Raiders somehow win on Sunday and pull a huge upset over the favorite Chargers, I will drive as fast as I can down to Downey and I will be there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I will be there. Well, we heard it here first, ladies, and gentlemen, and right now it's time for the top story of the day. Top story of this day. Don McClain is here. He's a basketball expert and he pedals his wares on FS one on the Big Ten Network, and you see him and you know him, and he works for CAA and trains basketball players who get picked in the draft, the actual NBA draft, like lottery picks and number one picks and all kinds of stuff like that. So we got an NBA game tonight. The NBA is becoming more prevalent as the football season is churning towards its holiday season in the end, in the winter. So down the Lakers are quite good. They have I don't know if they've surprised a lot of people, but they've gone through a few different machinations with injuries, and they continue to win games. Other than getting blown out at Oklahoma State, which happens to everybody, it seems the Lakers have been great. What impresses you the most about what they put together since the season has begun.
Speaker 4: I think what's impressed me most as guys have figured out how to play with Luca in Lucas figured out how to make guys around him better. I don't think anyone expected this type of jump, even though he had a really good year last year, This jump from Austin Reeves and the level that he's playing at. It will be interesting the next couple weeks to watch as Lebron continues to incorporate himself into this lineup and how that's going to look, and how much he has the ball in his hands, how much it's still Luca basically controlling the game from where he plays, so that you know, look, they I think they got without Lebron. I think everyone agrees that they've started way better than everyone thought they would. Let's just see if they can keep it going.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't be surprised if there was, I mean for any NBA team, even the guys who end up winning the championships. They have lulls and there's ebbs and flows of the season, but you wouldn't be surprised to see them dip to where all the talking head shows would be doing a segment like what's wrong with the Lakers? You know, could you see that happening?
Speaker 4: Well, what's become pen?
Speaker 1: You know this?
Speaker 4: It's this NBA regular season has really gotten watered down in the sense that nobody's really fighting for position in the playoffs anymore. They just want to get in positions. So you have to be one of the top six. You don't want to be in the play in, which is seven through ten. So really, as long as you can solidify yourself being one of the top six, then you're not really going to push yourself. And I think if you do have a couple losses or a down week or a down couple weeks, it's really not going to change much because in April you just want to be in the top six and healthy.
Speaker 3: Does JJ Reddick impress you as a coach the way he impresses everybody else, I think.
Speaker 4: So, you know, defensively they're not great, But I don't know if that's really on him or a scheme or it's just their personnel doesn't lead to having a great defensive team. I mean, Luca is not a great defensive player. He's all world offensive obviously, But yeah, I would say, look, you can tell pe and you know, you and I have been talking on the radio for years and years. You can tell if if a coach has his team or not, like if they play for him, if it looks like most nights, almost every night, they're competing to win. And you would say that about the Lakers, that they look like they're playing for a head coach that they respect, they're playing for each other. And look, in an eighty two game season, you're not going to get maximum effort every single game. But for the most part, if you're bought into what the coach is saying, you do.
Speaker 2: Yes, Tim, does this sort of fit what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: Here's JJ Reddick after their last game against the Utah Jazz and he said they're twelve and four, but they're finding different ways to win depending on what the game brings to them.
Speaker 11: Something with this group where we just whatever the game requires that night, that's what we're gonna do to try to put us in a position to win. And we've had to kind of strategy mix in a bunch of different things, and the guys have been bought into just hey, this is what tonight requires. Let's let's go out there and try to excute that and let's put us in a position to win fourteen of our sixteen games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. I mean, look, it's not gonna look, it's not gonna look great every single night. Some nights better than others. But as long as and look, they have a veteran group for the most part, that figure out how to win. The Utah Jazz are really young, so they don't know how to win yet. But this group, this Lakers group, has players that have won and sout figure out how to win on that given night.
Speaker 3: As ornery as jj Reddick seems, is as jovial and as fun of a guy as Luka Doncitz seems like. I obviously didn't watch him every night or much at all when he was at Dallas. We saw him play in the playoffs, but he's got a lot of personality and he's out there seemingly having a great time night in and night out. Does that bug people? Does it keep people going to have like a funny European guy out there joking around, geeking it with everybody?
Speaker 4: Well, I think what? And again, I don't know Luke Ivan spent any time around him. I've obviously watched them. But what I would say is, I don't know about that what you're asking, Pete. What I do know about is when you have a player that is that confident, it's infectious. Like if he's that confident, yes, I'm not Lucan, I'm not as good as him, but that confidence kind of takes over a team and you become more confident. I think that's what's different with the Lakers this year is they seem like they're a more confident group in believing what JJ Reddick's saying, and so you figure out a way to win, and you get confidence, more confidence the more time goes on.
Speaker 3: Now, I know the Clippers have had injuries, but at the same time, it has been an enormously disappointing start to the season and not exactly what anybody expected, and it doesn't seem to be getting better. What do you do if you're Clippers?
Speaker 4: I don't know what you do pee But last year, and obviously I did that show for a very long time. In most most years, it was trying to live up to expectations, and unfortunately because of injury and other things falling short most years, last year was different. There was no expectations, nobody thought. Everyone thought they were at best a playing team, and they ended up finishing in that top six I was talking about earlier, and I think all of us that have watched that team appreciated the fact that they were competing every night, and that there was no built in excuses. There wasn't anything. They just went out there, came together, played hard, and exceeded expectations. So now you flip it back to this year what they did in getting Bradley beal in, John Collins and Brook Lopez. Now the expectations come back and they are far far below expectations right now.
Speaker 3: Do you think that they will go on a run in the Ralph Lawler days and get it all figured out out?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's possible, but I you know, I don't see it, only because we're seventeen games in and they had injuries last year, tooka Why didn't play till January?
Speaker 3: Last year?
Speaker 4: That's right, and so they were way above expectations. So what's different this year? Something's different? And I thought it interesting that of all times to announce it. Why Chris Paul announced his retirement this week?
Speaker 3: Why now?
Speaker 4: Why did he do it right at the beginning of the year. Why didn't he wait till the end of the year. Why didn't he wait till they all star break? Why right now? And if you read into it, and I know nothing about anything, I haven't talked to Chris and since last spring. But why now? Is it because things are not great in clipper Land. It feels like they're not right, But why would he announce it now? Are you that frustrated? Are you that just it's not going to work? So I'm just going to distance myself right now from it. I just thought it was interesting. Did he announced it this week? You know my theory?
Speaker 7: Don not to jump in. Sorry, p I haven't heard Chris is Paul's name mentioned it all in the last few weeks. It's all about Tyleru and what his availability's gonna or quiet Leonard his availability. Nobody's talked about Chris Paul, the forty year old and this is going to be his last season, and what's he doing? This gets his name back out there now He's got a whole season to go around and people can say goodbye.
Speaker 3: Oh, they can give him like a rocking chair, which is fine.
Speaker 4: He's earned that in my opinion. He's been a great player for a long time. But I don't think he announced it now because he wants that all the people to you know, wash him up for the next four months. I think it's more about man. This year is tough and maybe it's not going to get better.
Speaker 3: I'm soured on this. Yeah, well, I'm soured on a lot of things, but I continue to go. I've not announced my retirement. I'm gonna do it right now. At some point, I'm gonna stop doing all this.
Speaker 4: Well, hopefully not anytime soon.
Speaker 8: I hope.
Speaker 3: Wow, you never know. Will somebody give me a rocky Jaron Downey on Monday Harley Davidson and Milwaukee like they gave you Kareem?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'd be awesome. Did anybody do anything for you on your final tour around? No, No one even knew I was on the team.
Speaker 3: Coming up next to the Dead and a live guy, Birthday of the Day, and wrap up the show with the one and only Don McClain, great basketball talk. Do you think the Clippers will make a run?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: No, much.
Speaker 3: That's unfortunate. I thought that maybe there was some hope there, but no.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener, did you know AM five seventy. LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rodney. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger podcast of record, Clipper Talk without a Musk follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Welcome back every buddy, and saying good night and a big thank you to the one and only Dawn McClain. Yes, the next ass he kisses will be the first, but I will wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving thank you. That's got to feel good for our listeners. Yeah, tonight we got Clippers Lakers. That's got to feel good. That eight o'clock tip your dead guy. Birthday of the Day, beating out P. D. Eastman, who did the illustrations for Doctor Seuss and did Go Dog Go is peg Lynch. Peg Lynch was from Lincoln, Nebraska. Her father died when she was young, so her brother her mother moved him back to Minneapolis. She went to the University of Minnesota, Go Gophers, throw the Boat. She won and competed in writing competitions from when she was young. She wrote in college. Peg Lynch is dubbed ladies and gentlemen as the woman who invented the sitcom. And that's a big part of our lives, the woman who invented the sitcom? How did she get comfortable? Her mom worked as a nurse, at the Mayo Clinic, and she started writing at Kroc in Rochester, Minnesota, and interviewing and writing copy for people that were famous that visited the clinic, like lou Gerrig, like Newt Rockney, like Ernest Hemingway. She had her own show at another Minnesota station, and on that show she wrote a three minute sketch of interactions between a husband and wife, Ethel and Albert, which became a gigantic, hulking, over encompassing popular entity.
Speaker 4: But was it on radio or TV.
Speaker 3: He was on radio to start, and she moved it to the DC area, then to New York for NBC. Ethyl and Albert became a huge thing. She played Ethel, and after a guy named Richard Widmark died, Alan Buntz played Albert for twenty years, and it bounced to every major network because NBC, ABC, CBS, they're all radio before they were TV, and then they were both for a long time. NBC canceled it, CBS picked it up, then ABC took it to TV for a year or so. She did not love doing the TV side of it. She was the main rider the whole time, and it was seen as insightful and realistic and a real leap forward in the world of domestic comedy. She wrote until her nineties about Ethel and Albert in Massachusetts. That's where she died in nineteen ninety eight, married a Norwegian guy. Excuse me, she died at ninety eight. She died in twenty fifteen. Wow, yeah, Peg Lynch, who created the sitcom? Would you like to hear some of Ethel and Albert? Sure, let's have it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh hi, Oh well, she's doing the dishes right now.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna have a call you back.
Speaker 1: Oh well, hold on just a second.
Speaker 3: He food Myra. She wants to know how much she owes you. She wants to know how much she owes you.
Speaker 7: You mean for lunchless noon?
Speaker 10: Wait for lunchless noon?
Speaker 6: Yes, oh, I don't know exactly. A play five of the whole thing, ra Hey, eight dollars thirty five cents for the whole thing.
Speaker 4: After she has a lot of new birds.
Speaker 3: You have a lobster Newburgh. Now she had the road duckling. Why don't you come to the phone, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Doing a maya mama's throat duckling?
Speaker 3: Long Mayra.
Speaker 4: How much the road duckling was.
Speaker 1: Ninety five cents.
Speaker 7: And now Mara almostly ninety five cents plus a thirty five cents because we had because it was not on the regular lunch menu.
Speaker 4: And then then you had you lis in patience done. I see you kind of, I see you moving around in your chair over there. Comedy much different back then. We got to appreciate our roots. Don, we're doing radio right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, fine, you know what fun if Don doesn't want to go through the tedium of that beautiful domestic.
Speaker 4: And I think they was going to ever come like the punchline.
Speaker 3: The whole thing was the punchline. No, all right? Would you just do your live guy? You should have some respect for our radio roots.
Speaker 4: I should peg Lynch seems like a lovely lady and my apologies to her. Yeah, your live guy. Birthday of the Day, Happy forty six birthday two. Jerry Ferrara born and raised in Brooklyn, attended College of Staten Island before dropping out moving to LA to pursue acting. While working in a Boston market remember those Boston market in nineties. Here in LA, he was discovered by an agent. The first role was on an episode of the King of Queens and then more smaller Roles had a small recurring role on NYPD Blue two thousand and four, landed a role that would change his life, Turtle. Oh wow, on Entourage. I was into Entourage. Don p was Note he was one of those haters at Entourage. I never even tried it, to be honest. Okay, both of you guys are haters.
Speaker 3: I got a hater. I just didn't never academy of shallow. I mean you've lived Entourage, Don, You're a famous NBA player, you know.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 4: He would play the role of Turtle for eight seasons as Entourage became a widely popular show. He and the cast were nominated for SAG Awards and Kid Choice Awards.
Speaker 3: All the kids love that. They loved watching those guys run around new drugs. Yeah, look up at porn stars cool.
Speaker 4: Beyond Entourage, he has appeared in films such as Think Like a Man, Las Vegas, Sully, and Lone Survivor. From twenty fifteen to twenty nineteen, starred in the Stars drama Power as Joe Proctor.
Speaker 3: Good Show, I'd rather watch Ethel and Albert.
Speaker 4: You can't watch it was on the radio. Yeah, there was one year a TV off screen Jerry Farrar is married and has two kids. Co owner of Fat Sal's Deli, which started in Westwood and now has grown to eleven locations. Oh good for him across southern California and Las Vegas. He's a diehard sports fan and hosts of podcast with Matt Liner. I'm assuming a Liner was on Entourage at some point.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, right up his alley. You guys never watched one episode.
Speaker 3: I didn't before us he lost to Oregon. I get goosebumps when I think about how close they are Matt Lin, Hey am walking through there. Hey they can talk to talk because they walk the walk, and they dominated the line of scrimmage. Of course, I'm scared of other people's opinions, so I would never say that because they might come. Bit's that disease called again, aladoxaphobia?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Is that it?
Speaker 3: I was closed? All right, We'll be back on tomorrow three o'clock. Don't you go out tonight and try to see your high school friends. And I'm really gonna get after you tomorrow. Stay home, Inde SAT basketball coming up nextday.