Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason that Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, Tam kats.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck live from the Uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium as your Los Angeles Dodgers play host of the Kansas City Royals in a game two matchup of this three game interleague series. Dodgers seventy one and forty eight on this season, first place atop the NL West. They go into action tonight with a seven and a half game lead over the Arizona Diamondbacks, who just keep on winning alongside the Dodgers. The Dodgers with a series opening come from behind win last night with Trek Scouoble on the mound getting a no decision, but they're right back at it tonight. With the return of Snell Zillah. Yes, Blake Snell on the mound tonight for just a second time this season. Activated off the injured list. He is good to go. We'll have first pitch from uniclove Field coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we've got a lot to cover here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Alix call who is in the starting lineup tonight in left field. Coming up in twenty minutes. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. David Vassi checks in of course throughout the hour, we got your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Steiner will be with us in about thirty minutes. Kirsten Watson will be live on the field coming up in just a little bit. We'll also head over to the Galloping Ford broadcast with Tim Nevert and Rick Monday in just a few minutes. Well, last night it was the home debut of Trek Scooble. A lot of excitement to have the two times sty Young Award winner pitching for the Dodgers. However, his start didn't go exactly as play and Schooble got into trouble in the first a leadoff single. Two batters later, Jack kagleon an RBI single, Royals with a one to nothing lead. Then in the third, Schooble got into trouble again a one out double. Two batters later, kag Leon with a two run home run to right center field into the pavilion and the Kansas City Royals had a three to nothing lead. The Dodgers offense, meanwhile, needed a few innings to get going against Royal starter Noah Cameron Hunter Ferdusia a leadoff double. Next batter, show Hey o'tany changed spots with a Fadusia hitting an RBI double, Dodgers on the board down three to one. Two batters later, Freddie Freeman made it a three to two game with an RBI single to left scoring show Hey. Then in the sixth, the Dodgers with one of those big innings like they've had all season long, Freddie Freeman leadoff single, Tommy edmonfielder's choice. Two batters later, Miguel Rojasa double the left. After a pitching change, Kyle Tucker drew walk that loaded the bases for the man who had a bobblehead. Last night, Max Bunzie in that three quarter motion was not easy to track.
Speaker 1: Here's the one too line.
Speaker 6: Drive BEA's hit into the right field corner in the score is Edmond, here comes Rohas, and here comes Tucker. A face is clear and ten hits doubles from Max Mundzie.
Speaker 7: Of course it was It's Max Munsey's bible.
Speaker 1: Ahead night.
Speaker 4: How about that he clears the benches with one swing of the bat. Dodgers flipped the scoreboards that at five to three lead. Trek Scoopel with the five Indians, allowed three runs on four hits while striking out six along the way. He would not factor in the decision. Last night, Dodgers with the lead in the seventh, Jack Dryer on the mound, He would give up a two run home run, tying the game at five. In the bottom of the inning, though the Dodgers would answer back show Hey a leadoff single. He stole second to get into scoring position. Two batters later, Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 2: Three ball, two strike to Freddy Freeman, and Freddy swings, rips it on.
Speaker 4: The ground right field.
Speaker 1: Of base hit.
Speaker 2: They're gonna send Otony. He comes around third. Here comes the turn of the plate. That's off the Marco Tony scores down to second. Freeman is out trying to extend, but the run comes in of the Dodgers take a six to five lead, an RBI single for Freddy Freeman his second run banded.
Speaker 1: Into the ballgame.
Speaker 4: RBI single for Freddy. He had three hits last night, none bigger than that one. That is the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gass for less Dodgers a six to five lead, can they hang on ten? Or Scott got the eighth, he put up a zero and when Diez got the ninth and he put up a zero. Dodgers with a comeback win over the Royals last night, six to five the final. With the win, the Dodgers now seventy one and forty eight on this season, first place atop the NL West. Tonight, they look to do it again with a Royal flush. Blake Snell on the mount as he makes his first start in three months. First pitch Uniclow Field the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven ten and with more we head over to the gallop before broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday, guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 2: A nice night here at Uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium. Slight breeze cooling things down a bit from the last couple of days. Dodgers looking for back to back wins as they won Game one last night by a six to five score. Freddie Freeman with a goal ahead RBI in the bottom of the seventh scoring show Hey Otani, And tonight, Blake Snell makes his return after a three month stint on the injured list. Snell is zero to one. He's had just one start for the Dodgers this year, and tonight we'll make just his thirteenth start in a Dodger uniform. Michael Walker will be his mold opponent, the veteran right hander five and eight with a three four to four ERA for the Royals. The Dodgers have had a power outage more. They have gone back to back games now without hitting a home run. The last time they did that May seventeenth and eighteenth against the Angels and Padres in the last game of a series against the Angels in the first game against San Diego, So they need to see if they can get the power back going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they had some mispuiers as far as the long Bowl, and they continue to hit into ground bowl double plays on top of that. One more last night the highest total of double plays by any team in baseball so far this season. But I think the big key may be, hey, have one of your big guys in the lineup, have a bobblehead night, because last night Max Munsey bobblehead. He delivered the three run to double in the sixth inning that gave the Dodgers the edge. Really that stood up for the victory. But tonight kind of odd because the Dodgers, believe it or not. I'm seeking to go back to back wins for the first time in almost two weeks. It was back on July twenty ninth and thirtieth the Dodgers won two in a row.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman bats second tonight. He's going to move up to that spot against the right hander Waka Dave Roberts telling us a little while ago that that's something we could be seeing a lot more of, having a so TONI and Freeman hit back to back at the top of the order.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think trying to set the stage and Freeman, there's no question about it. The last seventeen games, boys, he'd been a house on fire, hitting at four thirty nineties, also eight for fifteen with a home run, winning his face walk in the past. But that's not the only juggling in that lineup. Tucker will bat in the fourth spot, Bets gets moved down to the sixth spot, Edmund is in the seventh spot, and Alice call is going to be in left field tonight and Ti Oscar Hernandez. You know, we may see this lineup without the Oscar for a number of games now against right handed pitching for a while.
Speaker 2: We'll see how that works out. One thing Dave did talk to the team about today is the ABS challenge system. They have been losing some of these challenges early in the game, blowing them so they don't have them late in the game. They could have used one last night, and Andy Pye has a bat, but Andy actually wasted one early in the game. But he said he talked to the team about ABS and he says they think they have a much better handle on it right now.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, but then you introduce a rental and during a ballgame, and the competitiveness of all these guys who have been in the upper echelon in competition for their careers. There's no question about it. But it is something that needs to be managed much much better than what we're seeing it consistently.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell, Michael Walker. That's the pitching matchup, Dodgers trying to beat the Royals for the second night in a row.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we cut down to first pitch on this Tuesday night. Dodger fans, what's your plan for dinner? I'm about get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shakey's dot Com. Coming up here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vessi of course throughout the hour. You got your pitching matchup coming up in just a little bit. Your O Tani Rewind and Kirsten Watson Live from the Field is next as we lead up to Dodgers and Royals on this Tuesday night. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion. Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 8: Hi, it's Johel Tani. This is Dodges on deck as you home.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Royals, Game two of this three game said on Salvadorian harriage Knight out here a uniclo feel the Dodger Stadium. Blake Snell back on the bump as he makes the second start of the season, first since May's been on the injured list with the loose bodies and his elbow had a surgery done as well. First pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 1: Ten, This is the rewide Hiz on deck.
Speaker 4: Otani shot a deep right center piel.
Speaker 1: It is right back and it is one hop off the wall.
Speaker 6: Producer will score easily a stand up double floor.
Speaker 4: Tani, I'm a dodgership.
Speaker 5: I've gotten a run on the board three one games a.
Speaker 2: Sevenming ready to go from the belt, right handed kicks and delivers, and Otani line.
Speaker 5: Sit in the left center up base check only a rocket that just.
Speaker 2: Kept on climbing. Bobby Witt Junior went to the top run on the ladder and it was just too tall for him. So Otani's got his second hit and the Dodgers have a leadoff man aboard and the go ahead run on.
Speaker 4: Show Hey Otani two for four with the double and RBI two runs scored. He also stole his seventh eight of the season in his last twelve games. How about showey Otani Batty now three to ninety one, four doubles, four home runs and eleven rbi. Is the Dodgers going to come from behind win last night against the Royals.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: Hey, Kirston out joined us here at Uniclo Field, the Dodgers Stadium. Brought to my Cars for kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today and your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donat now at Carsfurkids dot Org. That's cars with the k Kirsten the Dodgers. A little bit of momentum after that come from behind win last night?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, a lot of momentum. And look at just how yesterday played out with erk School making his Dodger Stadium debut. There's obviously a lot of excitement around that. It wasn't his best outing, but ultimately he grinded through. He was able to give five innings of work and the Dodgers were able to get a few things going offensively. You know, obviously when you look at that group, that's been one of the slower pieces as of like really only averaging about three runs per game, and so for them to put six runs on the board, have ten hits, to see a lot of guys get involved, and then even as you mentioned, to see when they took the leads then and then ultimately gave up the lead, tying the game with Jack Dryer with that to run home run, how they were able to battle back to then pick up the go ahead run in the seventh That was huge for the group. You know, in times and more recently he've been seeing where maybe that's kind of the thing that pulls the air out of the Dodger. So for them to battle back is huge, and it really as much as they've been saying, you know, things are fine on the player's side, Dave Robert Chesty talked about how he was going to manage with urgency. You wanted to see these guys get back on track, and so they did just that.
Speaker 3: Yesterday.
Speaker 4: Dodgers tonight got Blake Snell on the mound. He's made one start way back in May, but all signs point to him being healthy and hopefully a big night tonight.
Speaker 9: Yeah, really and truly. I mean you kind of get a lot of positive news coming back home to Los Angeles yesterday, whether it was Tech Schoobl's debut at home. Now you get Blake Snell back today, You've got Tyler Glass now who's continuing with his rehab assignment. Show has can you be playing catch? There's so much happening, and so, like you said today, with Blake Snell in his last rehab assignment, he wasn't able to get through the five as they were hoping for, but he did get up to seventy three pitches. So Dave Roberts today was saying that they feel really good with him hopefully getting through five. The bullpen is slightly taxed. We've seen Edwin Diaz as well as Sander Scott pitch in four of the last five games that this team has had, so you know, there's not a fully stopped bullpen behind him. But Dave Roberts did say he feels comfortable with you know, if they are needed in high situations, they could do that. But the hope is that Blake today Billy can get through five. They're not going to push him too much. Maybe that seventy five to eighty pitch count range is ideal, but they're obviously going to keep an eye on him. But he's healthy and he feels really good, and he personally decided to get back out on this big league field and just help provide and support this team.
Speaker 4: Today feels like a good night to make it two in a row and get this winning streak started. Here Kurriston, we appreciate it. We'll check you with you after the game. Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vassi. He's going to go one on one with Alex call making a start tonight in love Field. But I'm next at injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and the Kansas City Royals. First pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday night. As we lead jump to first pitch, Dodgers and the Kansas City Royals Lrogo Casino Resort in Spa, a Grand Slam for good times. Blake Snell makes his return to the mound. First pitch. It's seven to ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 4: Presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. More on Dalton Rushios on the IL with the elbow injury. David Vasse had a chance to ten to talk to him earlier today, so more on that coming up in just a few minutes. But sounds like he's gonna try to make a comeback here before October. Blake trying to move to the sixty day IL with the right elbow inflammation. Will Smith is doing baseball activities, hopefully going to take some batting practice here soon. On the field. Tyler Glass now on the IL, has made two rehab starts, most recently on Sunday, and as we've been talking about, the big news off the injured list for the second time this year, making a start. That of course is Blake Snell coming up. I know just a little bit. Let's head back downstairs and hear from the Dodger skipper Dave.
Speaker 5: Do you think the questions for dam Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe with Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: I want to see him attack. You know, he's got numerous pitches, you know, not try to be too fine. You know, it's a team that gets on base, they put the ball in play. But I think coming back, you know, like I said yesterday, he's on a mission and it starts tonight. And granted it's his first start, but you know, like we talked about, you know, we're in it right now and we got to play well. We need a good start at him.
Speaker 11: You have kind of an.
Speaker 3: Interesting dynamic in the sense of you have multiple players this season that have undergone that procedure to have the loose bodies taken out.
Speaker 9: Do you feel like when you have someone like Terrek, who's right now two months removed, and then you have someone with Edwin's a little bit ahead of like, do you feel like you have someone of a blueprint as to what this problem So it looks like for these.
Speaker 1: Players, who's just with these guys?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think so you know, uh, you know, Trek feels as good as he felt he's felt physically. Edwin feels as good as he's felt in a long time physically, and just talking to Blake over the last you know, a couple of weeks, it's as good as he's felt in a long time. And so certainly you've got to build up the stamina of the tolerance and things like that, the endurance. But as far as kind of ball coming out of hand, we do understand, you know, how it's supposed to look, and the adjustment curve is not that it doesn't take that long, which is good.
Speaker 2: Going to be on words this.
Speaker 7: Point, Recavery's kind.
Speaker 10: Of a yeah, I wouldn't say just let him go. You know, I think for me, you know, the hope is to get him through five. I think he's probably expecting north of that. But you know, it's all kind of the pitch count, and I don't want to give a hard pitch count, but you know, seventy five eighty something like that would be ideal.
Speaker 4: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts. The expectations for Blake Snell tonight, in just his second start this year. When we continue here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with David Basse As promised more on Dalton Rushing, Dodger catcher. Could we see him again catching hitting before October? Dave's got the very latest. It leads up to Dodgers and Royals from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Kansas City Royals. Game two of this three games. Zaid Blake Snell, Michael Wako. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Alpato, born in La made for your game day. Alpato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to here plate every single time El Poto Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi DV.
Speaker 4: Dalton Rushing made an appearance today on the field of Dodgers stadium. Well, what's going on? Will we see him again this year?
Speaker 5: Well, he's very optimistic that you will. He's not conceding his season in any way. And he was out here working with Ben Rourtban doing some catching drills with Bob Gearan, the Dodgers game coordinator and former major league catcher. After he was done with that, he was very willing to set the record straight on how exactly he hurt his right throwing arm on right before Sunday Night Baseball, the last time the Dodgers were here. So here's what Rushing had to say about how he hurt his arm and whether or not he'll play again this season.
Speaker 12: No, it was perfectly fine, and I usually make about thirty to forty throws before the game in the outfield, and my first twenty five thirty were great, and the last couple it felt a little weird. So that's kind of when I said something and wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of it. So I didn't go start a game. And then an inning and a half later, my arm's hurt, and I ruined our chances of having coverage. Like I said I have, my arm has not went in a throwing action since it happened. So until I'm cleared from doctors to throw anything again, I really won't have an answer on whether it hurts or not. I don't anticipate it to bother me too much once it comes back. Obviously the diagnosis is what it is, but I don't anticipate.
Speaker 5: It to hurt too about him, all right, So the way Dalton Rushing talked about the UCLA strain or ucl strain or tear, he said he's not even sure what it is, but he believes that he has two months to strengthen the muscles around that right UCL to give himself a chance to come back and catch and look. I know people just want to run with the viral videos from earlier in the season, but the reality is with Will Smith missing the majority of the season, Dalton Rushing has been a big part of this Dodger lineup, hitting two point fifty three in ops of eight hundred, twelve home runs thirty six RBIs hitting eighth ninth. I mean, that's a lot of production to miss, and it's a bigger drop off with Fiducca and Ben Rourtman from Dalton Rushing this season, So hopefully he can come back but you know he's not conceding anything, and you would expect that from him.
Speaker 4: David has brought to you by Ford Summer Sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Go to buy Ford now dot com or you're Southern California Ford Dealer for more information. Ford official vehicle of Major League Baseball. Let's stay with the catching position, David, what about Will Smith? Also catcher?
Speaker 5: All right, I don't know if you know this, Tim, but I've been standing in front of Will Smith's locker at Dodgers Stadium every day for the last thirty home games, and I send messages to him through one of the club he's RJ Peete, and he comes back and says, Will's not talking to you today. Well, there was a Will Smith sighting today. I was in the clubhouse. I saw him duck in to get a bats, him duck out, and then I saw him play catch on the field. And my understanding from what I was told from Dodgers hitting coach Aaron Bates, is that Smith took batting practice in the cage yesterday, and Dave Roberts mentioned this yesterday, and I found out more that Will Smith is still on schedule to take batting practice on the field by the end of this homestand and after that we'll know a lot more.
Speaker 4: I'm embarrass Dave, I've gone this far and I haven't said Happy Snalls Villa day to you.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, come on, Tim buried the lead right there. What do we expect tonight? I would expect at least five innings and maybe giving up two earned runs. If you look back at last year's first start, it was a little rocky, a lot of pitchers thrown, not a lot of command. But he has told me that he hasn't felt this good in three years, and he said, Dodger fans have not seen him healthy yet. So he's really excited and confident that he's going to perform well in the rest of the season. But like I told him, he's got to prove it on the mound tonight.
Speaker 4: No doubt, David. Great stuff will check back you with you just a little bit. Dave's gonna go one on one with Alex call who's in the left field tonight, getting the start coming up here on Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on deck though you're Dodgers. Magical moment Dodgers and Royals on this Tuesday night, Game two of this three game interleague series. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dep On your home for the Blue all season Loft.
Speaker 4: Clean You up to Dodgers and Royals on this Tuesday night. Blakes Now Michael Waka the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 6: Dog Who's Hot.
Speaker 1: It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs. Well.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers taken on the Royals to go back to August thirteenth, twenty twenty two, Dodgers in Kansas City at Kaufman Stadium, taking on the Royals, a day in which Mookie Betts and Max Munsey put up big numbers.
Speaker 7: Oh to the months of This ball is slammed the right field, going back only to get a better view of it. Is the right fielder eaton and this ball is gone. The fourth home run of the night for the Dodgers for Max Monthy, his fourteenth of the season. He's knocked in three tight and Monthy's bet is getting red High.
Speaker 4: Mookie Betts and Max Munsey combined to go seven for nine as the Dodgers hit a season high six home runs that day in a thirteen to three win over the Kansas City Royals. This is Hofey matchical moment brought to by a Hofey hot Dogs, Hofey soak Ow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs Local and so great. When we get take you here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check out with Charlie Steiner as we lead up to First Bitch. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Royals on this Tuesday night, Salvadorian Heritage Night. Out of here at the Ravine. Blake Snell, Michael Waka the pitching matchup. Time now for the Verizon s startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big visit your so calv Verizon store today. We welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 13: All right, Tim, it's game one twenty after the Dodgers one run win last night over the Royals, means there are forty three games left in the regular season with forty seven days to play. The Dodgers at seventy one and forty six, comfortably in first place in the Western Division, seven and a half in front of the d Backs, eight and a half in front of the Padres. Then you've got the Royals at forty nine and seventy one their last place in the American League Central thirteen and a half behind the White Sox, and tonight, I guess both. The big story is the return of Blake Snell. Much anticipated return.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And Dave Roberts asked about it a little bit earlier because Day's been talking about the last few days. But he said, hey, look what they want Snell to do is attack, you know, don't just we'll see if this works. No, go ahead and attack, And for Roberts said, look, Blake Snell is on a mission and that mission starts tonight as he will make his second start of the season. So it's been a kind of a merry go round trying to come back and get Blake Snell back into the fold, and they're looking for big things. He said, they didn't want to put a pitch count on it, but somewhere between maybe seventy five and eighty pitches and hopefully that'll be somewhere around five innings tonight.
Speaker 13: In his two years with the Dodgers, Snell has made twelve regular season starts, eleven minor league rehabs starts, and then of course he has done well in the postseason. That's where his bread is buttered. Six postseason appearances, three and two, a three point one eight er. So he's he's the mayor down the stretch, headed to the finish line, and that's where they're really gonna need him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they're gonna have to have him. I mean, here's the guy that has a lot of credentials. I mean, two time Cy Young Award winner, so that has a lot of weight. But you know you're not going to win that Cy Young if you're on the injured list and not playing. So hopefully this is going to be a stepping stone. And as you mentioned really at the top, this is game number one hundred and twenty, so there is ample time for him to get settled in and then go to postseason. Hopefully he stays healthy. He says he's fine. We'll find out tonight at least, taking a very big step, and again, only his second start for the entire season.
Speaker 13: Last pitched in Salt Lake City a week ago. Tonight, gave up three runs in three and two thirds. He walked four, struck out three seventy three pitches.
Speaker 1: Michael Walker.
Speaker 13: We remember him vividly back in twenty and thirteen in the National League Championship Series where he was outstanding in two starts. What a rookie he was, now thirteen years later the season veteran with the Royal.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he knows how to pitch. The big guy is six foot six to begin with, he's thirty five now. He's allowed us to two thirty four average against him, But he has had difficulty against the Dodgers. Seven decisions he's had against Los Angeles, only one in the victory column and an ERA career against them of over eight. We'll see if that continues tonight, or maybe he changes the way he pitches to the Dodger hitters.
Speaker 13: He has changed quite a bit since the All Star Bright in four Stars a one eighty two er. So the Dodgers got some hitting last night, and so finally it looks like again it's the Kansas City of Royals. Not a terrific team, but they got some offense, certainly when they needed it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the second night at a row. Now we're beginning to see some different lineups by Dave Roberts, and tonight is going to be Freddie Freeman that moves up to the number two spot for a couple of reasons. First of all, the last seventeen games hitting at four to thirty nine, and then career against Walkert eight hits in fifteen advance, including one home run. Not the only change in the lineup as far as positioning po has for third Tucker is going to be in the fourth spot and Alex Kolb is going to be in left field tonight. They Oscar Hernandez, who has struggled in particular against right handed pitching, not in the lineup tonight.
Speaker 13: Rart Vett is the catcher, and so we get ready to play the second game of the three game series. Blake Snell his first start of the year, actually the second start but first is way back in May, going against Michael Waka.
Speaker 7: Coming up.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers Baseball present about Uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclode dot com. Slash us still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck the four first pitch, we're gonna preview this pitching matchup. Tim and Rick will get you those keys of the game. But up next we go high and tight with a man starting in the left field tonight. Alex call that's next. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Royals. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's a Dodgers and the Kansas City Royals, game two of this three game said on Salvadorian Heritage and Heritage Night. Blake Snell and Michael Walk a former teammate, well the San Diego Padres back in twenty twenty three. They'll square off tonight. Blake Snell fresh off the injured list. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: It's call day, last call, first call, Alex call, He's in left field tonight, second start since the All Star break.
Speaker 4: Alex.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Dave.
Speaker 4: Ready to rock? I know you are.
Speaker 5: I know you've been waiting for this opportunity. How have you been able to stay ready throughout the spared and limited opportunities?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean you go about your work, grind it out, prepare as if you're going to play.
Speaker 4: That day, and you know, just leave it at that.
Speaker 11: Really, I mean you try to stay sharp, stay on the VR, stay on traject whatever it is machine, stay in your routine and work on your your game and do the best you can. Obviously is he'd love to play every day. You love to play more. But we have an amazing group of guys, amazing talented players, and you know I'm grateful and happy to be amongst them and to be in the lineup today.
Speaker 5: I know you expressed to Dave Roberts Andrew Friedman that there was nowhere else you'd rather be than here, even if it meant getting a start once every week, once every couple of weeks, coming off the bench. How much does it mean to you to still be part of this team and be able to contribute to a possible three peat?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 11: You kind of been dealing with that question a lot, just trying to wrestle with it all throughout the year. And it's just so much fun here and the guys are great, and you get to play amongst the best, and you know, hall of famers everywhere, and possibility for winning World Series. I mean last year was so much fun. It's like, why would you not want to do that again? No matter what the capacity? And you know, I'll be ready and I'm ready for my moments not only today, but as we go throughout the rest of the season in October, and that's kind of what I'm focusing on.
Speaker 12: Every day.
Speaker 5: I get to witness part of your process and just to be candid with those listening, you have been the first guy out here every day, whether you're starting, whether you're not starting, you're out here the first guy to work with Dino Ebel. How big has that been to your role on this team to not waiver from your daily routine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, the bottom line is when you play the game and when you get called on, you got to be a major league player, not only a major league player, but you got to be a good one and you got to be able to help the team win. So that's the role and that's the bottom line. So whatever I have, I have to do whatever it takes to be ready for that opportunity to be above average major league player when I step on the field, and uh, you know, that's tricky and it's difficult. But when you have you know, a great coaching staff and just the want and the ability to work, you can go at it and then you know you've given it all you can. You've done everything you can and the results are in God's hands.
Speaker 5: Alex call is our guest. He's in left field tonight on snell Zilla Day. That's right bump day for Blake Snell. Second start of the season, first start in a long time. You guys know how much work pitchers put into their every fifth or sixth day. What does it mean for you to be in left field with Blake on the mound and a guy that really does value defense.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's exciting, you know, super excited to have Blake back out there, and when you're playing defense behind him, you're just ready to help him out by any means necessary. So it's great to have him back out there. We're excited to see what he's got and be ready to, you know, make some place for him and watch him deal.
Speaker 5: How about Michael Waka. He's the guy that's been around a long time. Dodger fans remember him from the twenty thirteen NLCS. Hard to believe it's twenty twenty six, but there's not a lot of secrets that he has for you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean he's obviously been around a long time, and you know, just going to try to get a pitch down the middle and hit it back up the middle. Keep it pretty simple.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 5: I love keeping it simple. Call. I'm a guy that keeps life simple. I like your approach to baseball.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Dave. I appreciate that, and we'll keep it rolling all right.
Speaker 5: Before I let you go. Yesterday, you got to hang out with former Raiders quarterback a hero to many in Los Angeles, Derek Carr. How special was it to realize a guy that was an NFL quarterback appreciates meeting guys like you and Tom Yedman just as much as you guys appreciate what he does.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's always cool, always cool. I've obviously watched a lot of Derek's games and respected his career and his faith as well, So it's good to be able to meet him and his kids yesterday and taking a Dodger win.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I'm glad he was here yesterday because Alex calls about to lock it in to start in left field tonight for Blake Snell and the Dodgers. Thanks a lot for the time, Alex, and have a great game, stay healthy, and we'll keep it rolling.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go, Dave there he is the man.
Speaker 5: Alex call herell receive a gift card to Hobby Airs. You may see him in Pasadena celebrating a Snell Zilla win. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, All right, thanks so DV. Alex call in the lineup tonight playing left field for the Dodgers, leading you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Royals. When we come back, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Two veterans squaring off. Two former teammates with the Padres back three seasons ago. It's Blake Snell and Michael Wako. We'll get into this pitching matchup when we return. Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 14: Oh you'll know, hey if Yoshnovia Mamoto he does on the m five seventy and bolts the home.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Royals on this Tuesday night, Salvadorian Heritage Night out at the Ravine. First pitch coming up in seventeen.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Michael Waka on the mound for the Kansas City Royals five and eight with a three forty four erara, thirty five year old right hander, fourteenth season, now in the Big League Cardinals Mets raised Red Sox Padres and now his third season with the Royals, making his twenty fourth start this season. He has been very reliable no matter who. He's pitched four last time out five to two thirty eight to one run, three hits, one strikeout in a no decision against the Twins. Tonight will be Michael Waka's tenth career start against the Dodgers, but his first since September twelfth, twenty twenty three, here at Stadium while he was with the Padres. Michael Waka is one in six within eight thirty four ERA in his previous nine starts at Unicol Field the Dodgers Stadium, which is his highest ERA of any single opponent. He has not made it out of the fifth inning each of his last five starts against the Dodgers, going back to twenty seventeen when he was with the Saint Louis Cardinals. He has not recorded a quality start against the Dodgers since twenty sixteen at Busch Stadium against Saint Louis. Blake Snell on the mound before the Dodgers. Ozhen, one, thirty three year old left hander finally healthy. He started the season on the IL with shoulder fatigue. Finally came out off the IL on May ninth, made one start, and then went right back on the injured list to have surgery to remove Lewis bodies from his elbow. He faced the Braves in that one start, three innings, five runs, six six feels like we have the reader dos. Blake snow eleven seasons, eighty one wins, three seventeen career ERA two hundred, twenty three starts, eleven hundred strikeouts, two time Style An Award winner twenty eighteenth the Race twenty twenty three with the Pod, made four rehab starts before coming back to the big leagues, this time around five games against Kansas City in his career. Blake Snell's two and three with a five forty eras last auting against him with September twenty twenty four when he was with the Giants, and a two to nothing shutout win. Blake Snell Michael Waka both won fourteen games as teammates in twenty twenty three with the San Diego Padres. Dodgers and Royals were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Katsis, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Paul, You'll know where.
Speaker 3: This is. Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Kansas City Royals on this hot Tuesday night. Blake Snell, back off the injured list, making just his second start this year. Ventured Michael Waka on the mound for Kansas City first pitch, coming up at seven to ten. Getting ready for the start of the game with the Suporos Start Great moment, Start with Sapporo, whatever your taste preference. Toporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo, good Wiz, Sushi, Great with Baseball. One final time before fist pitch, we head over to Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thanks for getting you ready for this one as Blake Snell will pitch against Michael Waka. Snell coming off the injured list and he hasn't pitched in a major league game since early May, and again he had a late start during spring training. He was slow played, had a shoulder issue, then the elbow issue came up. He had the needle procedure done. He says that he can he feels better than he's felt in a long long time. He can feel the ball again. He doesn't have any numbness in his hand anymore.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell is a guy that Dave Roberts described as a man on a mission.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he says that mission begins tonight. And for Snell, the last down that he had and the only one of the Dodgers was on the ninth of So hopefully he's going to go. Roberts was hesitant in putting a pitch count, but he said, hopefully be somewhere seventy five and eighty, and hopefully it would be maybe equating into five innings of work, because if we look at the bullpen, the bullpen has been really worked hard, if you look at the last couple of games in Arizona, and then we saw a few relievers in last night's ball game as well. Four more called out of the pin.
Speaker 2: Twenty thirteen, Michael Waka was a rookie with the Saint Louis Cardinals and he pitched against the Dodgers in the National League Championship Series, and he tossed a pair of scoreless starts. Actually, as a rookie, he was on fire at that point in his career in terms of having success, but Since that time, he's gone one in six against the Dodgers with an ERA nearly eight and a half.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's over his last nine starts against the Dodgers as well. One guy we mentioned before for Freeman, we'll see how he does against Waka, who's had a good success nine for fifteen when he's faced the big right hander. The other part, too, is if we look at the Kansas City with the lefty on the mound and Blake Snell, they are at the bottom of the heap. They're nine and twenty five when the left handed starter is in the game against them.
Speaker 2: It's Blake Snell against Michael Waka. Dodgers and Royals, Game two of this inter league scept coming up.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thank you very much. Coming up, it's the Dodgers and Royals as Blake Snell makes his return, just his second start here in twenty twenty six. Don't forget after the game, Tavid Vass has got your cover with all the postgame including Dodger Talk, all the highlights and postgame reaction. Snell Zilla takes a mound when we come back. Enjoy it. This has been Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network