Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 2: And Matt Money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt Money Smith.
Speaker 3: I have great faith in fools self profidence. My friends will call.
Speaker 4: It gong me you really too soon?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's cracking everybody and welcome. It is the one and only Petros and Money Show on a Flex Alert on AMBI seventy LA Sports. We are your home of the World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Make sure you hit the follow button on the app so you can get the latest notifications. You can also get Petroson Money on demand at the Petroson Money Show podcast. We stream live and you can podcast it later. Tonight. We got Dodgers at Djay's Game six in the World Series. First pitches in five oh eight. It's Yamamoto versus Gossman and from the field of the work site, Strauss owers our World Series coverage on AMBI seventy la Sports. Strauss is making history as the first brand ever to be featured on professional baseball helmets. Family owned and trusted worldwide Strauss dot com. All right, some things are a little different today, the Flex Alert not really being one of them. Yes, I know, because every day this week we have started at two o'clock the three Dodger games from Chavez Ravine yesterday because of Thursday Night football and tonight because of the game in Toronto. But that does not change the fact we'll do this one first. I hope it's the right order. Superstition wise, it is time for a Frogman Friday.
Speaker 5: Frogman, Frogman, Frogman.
Speaker 3: I must go down to the seas again to the vagrant gypsy life. Embracing the vagrant gypsy life is the Petro send Money Show on AMTI seventy la Sports, and we embrace the Pacific Ocean.
Speaker 6: On a Friday.
Speaker 3: Frogman fall ocean and those that protect us from it Lifeguard, Coast Guard, Harbor Patrol.
Speaker 6: The Navy.
Speaker 3: We also celebrate the one and only Mike Nelson character played by one of the great actors, Jeff Bridge's dad who now does Team Mobile commercials. Jeff does Lloyd Bridges does not, and he also played the great Mike Nelson.
Speaker 2: And see, come on, get something in the help. It'll be dark soon. You want to sit out here in this raft all night?
Speaker 3: No, but we might have to, well not if you do something.
Speaker 7: You want to listen to me for a minute. During the war, I was in UDT. I've been stranded in these rafts before.
Speaker 2: All right, and tell us what to do. Well, let's not sit here and wait.
Speaker 3: Let's do something.
Speaker 7: Let's think first. Huh, that's the first law of survival. I gotta save our strength. We might need it, all right.
Speaker 3: Let's hear from our heroes, Todd Lights and Dina Road.
Speaker 4: Thirteen to five. What are you nuts? We still gotta take that lordam man. You know what that's like these days.
Speaker 5: You got the.
Speaker 8: Navy everywhere, you got frogmen, you got the e C two's with the satellite tracking, you got the Bell two nine of salt choppers up the ass. We're losing one out of every nine loads. That's no dunk walk anymore. Let me tell you, forget about money. What do you suggest that's reasonable?
Speaker 2: See line.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 3: God, good luck to the Dodgers now, because it is two o'clock and anything before three we consider to be noon, and you gotta have it. If you're a Dodger fan, you gotta be hopeful.
Speaker 1: Hopeful music at noon, Hopeful music at noon.
Speaker 3: Insurance? Is that everything?
Speaker 6: I hope it's everything. I just inhale my lunch from Stonefire Grill during all that.
Speaker 3: A big thank you to Stonefire Grill for catering today.
Speaker 4: Oh they brought it all in.
Speaker 6: The pizza, the barbecue, lemon, garlic, chicken, sliced chicken breasts, you got, the charebel salads, even brought into freshly baked bread sticks, which I love. The cinnamon sticks as well. During all of that, right there, Petrols, I just inhaled a slice of pizza, some pasta and chicken.
Speaker 1: Mm.
Speaker 3: Well, you've been a little overwork, tip, But at least you don't have to do marongo casino Dodgers on deck. Oh yes you do. But win or lose, Dave's gonna stay in town tonight, right in Toronto and finish the job.
Speaker 6: Right, He's gonna do Dodger Ta. You know what, I thought, I was on call that if they win, I don't have to do anything because they're staying. But if they lose, I wasn't an impression I gotta stick around. I mean, I canceled on my plants to night Petrols. The wife's going out with other people. I'm staying here with Petsy. Wait, so no, no, no, seriously, yeah, I swear, Come on, really, I'm I'm under the impression I got to talk to Dave now about this and calling because I thought I was doing postgame if they lose. So I'm sort of on standby limbo. I can't really go out. The wife's going out doing her thing, the daughter's out with the high school football game. That's where sed He's at. So I'm just hanging out with Colin in studio.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I think that's unfortunate for you, But there are bigger fish to fry, and those fish are Game six of the Dodger World Series efforts against the entire country of Canada. Now I heard scam this morning. Does scam come back on Monday?
Speaker 4: Scam's coming back on Monday.
Speaker 6: And I've been told winner lose, scam is coming back on Monday, So that's exciting. If they win, there's a parade on Monday. If they lose, there's going to be a funeral here on Monday.
Speaker 3: But either way, you and Steve Sachs will have the perspective. Yeah, for the people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been a lot of fun, Petrols. We've been on YouTube x and Facebook streaming of the show.
Speaker 3: It's a great show and it sounds like a lot of fun. I don't know how it would be, you know, during the NCAA tournament, but I I.
Speaker 4: Supposed to me. You don't think we can talk college hoops?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, you know, it's a great show.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I don't. Yeah, it would be a great show all year round. You're right, You're right.
Speaker 6: He's a big football guy. He in fact, during one of our breaks, we like to chop that up during the breaks on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, cha.
Speaker 6: It's not Dodger content. It's like, you know, get to know Steve a little bit more so we were talking about Halloween and last time he dressed up, and you know, he really, you know, dove deep into his life and his past and everything, and it was great and we learned a lot about him being a huge forty nine Ers and Raiders fan since he's from the Bay Area, and he was really breaking down the forty nine Ers, so we can talk more than just Dodgers.
Speaker 3: All right. Well, look, Dan Patrick's going to retire at some point. You know, I I think you could work in the morning and in the afternoon for the rest of your life. Congratulations both. Yeah, oh yeah, for sure, I'm not. I don't do this job without you, so anyway, I.
Speaker 4: Couldn't work with Fritzy and those guys though. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Matt Undy Smith is out today. He is traveling to Tennessee with the Chargers and that game is at ten o'clock on Sunday on KFI with Shannon Farren and Padre super Fan and Dodger Foyle Daniel Jeremiah also of NFL Network. That will be on Sunday. So Matt is out today and he will be back on Monday, and we will be back on Monday regardless. Right, there's Monday Night Football.
Speaker 6: No, there's a Clipper game on Monday night. So pregame at six thirty, tip off at seven thirty. Exciting Clippers basketball. Yeah, so buckle up, here we go. We'll be on from three to six thirty on Monday. Is that what you're telling me? Copy that buckle up. Everybody's excited about Chris Paul and all white paper.
Speaker 3: What if there that's a parade, would we blow out the parade for the Clipper game. No, blow out the Clipper game for the parade or they are at different.
Speaker 6: Times, different times? Man parades during the day with all the people downtown La. Let's get there first. Let's not put the car before the horse. Well, this has been scheduled. Talk on the Petroson money should I just want to know what's coming up? Short, I just I just want to know what's coming I want to hear the rest of my weekend because I got a busy weekend coming up.
Speaker 3: You have a football game tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I'm working tomorrow morning, nine am, eight thirty pre game right here on seventy LA Sports via Compass Media Networks. We got number ten Miami taken on SMU and then and then.
Speaker 3: You you expect to Accompany Colin Yee in studio.
Speaker 6: I'm a scooter over from the Compass studios on my electric scooter and I will come up to the m FI seventy studios with the scooter and get ready for Dodger pregame, and then I'll have Dodger postgame.
Speaker 3: Who's that? Well, that's Tim Kaye who scootering?
Speaker 4: Look at that guy going eighteen miles an hour on a scooter. What a huge dorm really going over the freeways. Crazy man, he's crazy, What an absolute cork.
Speaker 3: So we are happy to have Tim Kates. Why don't you play your intro Kates?
Speaker 6: I mean, I also got a Raiders game on Sunday. They're playing the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 2: Shows CIM baseball.
Speaker 3: Everybody was Tim k Uh, Pete Carroll putting it in, big work, doing a great job this year.
Speaker 6: Oh they had a bye week, so they're you know, rested and ready to go, and you know they'll be good to go against Jacksonville on some.
Speaker 3: Speaking of ready to go, there, they're happy you when you went on with Kate's and Sacks and the am. You're Tim Kates, as you know you might have forgotten, but when you did this morning. You did not know the dramatic change. I heard you and Sachs talk about George Springer being out there and batting lead off, and he is back in the lineup for the Toronto Blue Jays, former Astro World Series MVP.
Speaker 4: That's big.
Speaker 6: If he's healthy and he's good to go and take a full swing, that's a big thing for them.
Speaker 3: You guys were talking about throwing the ball off his knee caps or breaking his fingers.
Speaker 6: Well, I did not say that. Actually, that was something that Steve says.
Speaker 2: He said he was just kidding.
Speaker 4: Okay, yo, he was just kidding on you know, Sacks.
Speaker 6: He said he was just kidding. I was just I was just Josh, I say, throw inside on the guy making move his feet a little bit right.
Speaker 3: So he is he is going to play. But even more dramatic are the changes in the Dodger lineup. At my rob to say that, Tim.
Speaker 6: No, there's actually big moves by Dave Roberts. I don't know if it's a panic move. I don't know if it's a move because he feels like it's a better matchup against Kevin Gosman, the split fingers sinker pitcher. But the lineup looks different even after Game five's changes show a Otani leading off, Will Smith batting second and doing the catching, Freddie Freeman batty third at first base, and yes, you're cleanup hitter batting fourth, Rookie Betts, t Oscar Hernand is betting fifth, Max Mounsey betting sixth, Keky Hernand is betting seventh, in left field betting eighth, and center field Tommy Edmonds. Yes, that means Miguel Rojas batting ninth and playing second base.
Speaker 4: So some big changes for Dave Roberts Metros.
Speaker 3: All right, So, mister steam head, what does that mean? I remember talking to Dave about it on the field at Dodger Stadium a couple of days ago when they moved Mookie Betts originally to third and now he's been moved to fourth. Dave said they can't move him any lower. I think he was talking about sixth or something like that, because then they'll lose him. But it's moving him to clean up the same as that. How's Mookie Betts supposed to take that? Obviously he's really struggled.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I always thought betting clean up meant you were one of the better hitters on the team, and so you're gonna see good pitches. And in front of him is Freddie Freeman. Behind them as tay Oscar Hernandez. So maybe sandwiching Mookie Bets in between those guys, a left handed hitter and a right handed hitter will give him some better pitches.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I think that's have been so bad it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you drop into five or six, I don't see the difference there. I mean, this lineup is one through eight is really good if these guys can get going to I think the outlier right now is Miguel Rojas and what he can bring offensively. You know he's gonna give you defensively, But that nine spot, you would assume it's anything better than what's been there in the first five games. And at ninety average between Alex call and Andrew Pi has in the first five games, they have been absolutely brutal offensively.
Speaker 3: So you see that bad that we no longer call him Andy Piez, that we've moved his.
Speaker 6: Name to Andrew.
Speaker 4: Is that what I call him? Andrew Pi?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I'm sure that's his name.
Speaker 4: I don't know about my fault.
Speaker 6: No, that's.
Speaker 3: Jo Is right now, president of the Dodgers. And b Friedman, what's up? And hey, hey, good about those moves you made?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: What about Perby? Hs Tennis Scott? What's going on? Man with problem? So we will see tonight. Obviously they're leaning heavily on Yoshi Yamamoto. Now they were worried about Tommy Edmund's ankle. Yeah, and now he's in center field? Is that desperation or does he feel better or.
Speaker 4: Must feel better? Right?
Speaker 6: But all we've heard, even David Vassi has talked about it, and I can't wait to hear from him next hour, is that Tommy can't play on the turf in Toronto. He can't play on that hard surface because of his ankle still bothering him. Now, clearly he's good enough to play in Game six of the World Series tonight in center field. So was he not good enough to play center field earlier in the series? Is that why they didn't go to him earlier? And bench Andy pot his I don't know. I mean Dave Robbers last night, corrections and retraction?
Speaker 2: What corrections and retraction.
Speaker 3: We're going with Andrew tonight? We're gonna go with Andrew.
Speaker 6: All right, well, you gotta wonder why he didn't pull Andrew Pojez sooner. But this is it, Dave Roberts. Last night, Petros used the word fight about three times in his press conference with the media and said his team's bad guy do a better job of fighting in the batter's box, and then complimented the Toronto Blue Jays again and their hitters and their approach and the success they've had, especially in those three games at Dodger Stadium. He clearly is sending a message to this Dodger team that they better get right in the box.
Speaker 3: So Toronto, I mean, you gotta say they do seem like the scrappier, fightier team, and the Dodgers seem like the team that goes up there and fouls out or hits it right to a guy.
Speaker 4: But that could all change.
Speaker 6: I mean, a home run, a little rally early in the game against Kevin Gosman that could lift the lid on the offense. The next thing, you know, they put a three spot up in the second and then four more in the fifth, and you look up at the scoreborn it's you know, nine to two in favor of the Dodgers. That could easily happen in a game tonight.
Speaker 3: So people are just very anticipatory, freaking out, waiting for the moment to arise that the Dodgers start to do something positive.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of hoping, right, you know.
Speaker 3: Quiet the crowd in Toronto, Quiet the country of Canada, take the horseshoes off, the mounted horses, mounties and fight them down, Fight down Warren Crime, and bring a Game seven to the people, which would be logistically wild with the pitchers and all the crazy different things we've been talking about.
Speaker 6: You know, you realize this would be the third time in the last one five forty years that if the Dodgers get bounced here and lose, that their offense would have had bad series and cause them to lose in the playoffs. They did it against the Diamond, they did it against the Padres member in the NLDS. It was collective bad offense. They just couldn't get any hits any timely thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I think if you if you're as somebody who's watched the World Series a whole bunch and I'm gonna drink againness.
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 4: Oh look at you do.
Speaker 3: I sound like Matt doing as a YouTube thing or as Instagram that.
Speaker 6: What one beer. Everybody knows the rules. This is the bear Thunder's beer. Take it easy now, Calm down, take it easy now.
Speaker 3: But like, if you've been watching these Dodger games closely and rooting like so many of us do, and I'm not above that. Even though I act like I don't care, I care. I want the Dodgers to win. I see and I'm around these people, and I know it means a lot to everybody. And even when you factor in the eighteen inning game and then you look at the last two games, so it's really I mean, I know Freddie Freeman got him out of it, but it's really been three straight games that the have just been embarrassing. I mean, just three straight that they've been absolutely flaccid and anemic in the batter's box and looking like a team that doesn't belong against the opponent that they're playing.
Speaker 4: You can make a case has been all series.
Speaker 6: Kevin Gosman, who they're facing tonight, retired seventeen in a row.
Speaker 4: In game two.
Speaker 6: I've heard that on scan the Dodger scored a run early and then he shut them down for seventeen straight batters before one out home run in the seventh inning from Will Smith opened it up offensively the Max months he hit a home run and then they scored two more off the bullpen in the eighth inning. Outside of that eruption in Game two late and the Freddie Freeman walk off home run, nothing sticks out in my mind as far as offense and what they've been able to do.
Speaker 3: And you're getting paid here, Kates. You've done Yelman's work, but you do it for money, and this is my job, so it's part of what we do. But I mean, think about sitting in your four hundred dollars cherry blossom Otani jersey and watching the pop out, the strikeout, the straight to the first baseman line drive over and over and over, seemingly endlessly from people like Mookie Betts who you expect to do something great and watch his chain swing around his neck in slow motion and it just hasn't been happening. So it's a lot of mounting frustration for Dodger fans, a lot of mounting momentum and positivity for the Blue Jays fans. And not that it's hard to imagine, but it would be a pretty dramatic turnaround if the Dodgers can shut him down tonight and force a game seven. But that's what has to happen.
Speaker 6: Take that scenario you just painted Petros wearing your Dodger jersey, watching these games and frustration as a fan and then being told, well, you know what, we're just unlucky. Ah, you know what, the Blue Jays just got lucky. You know, we hit the ball hard, but just you know, we didn't have any luck. And Sexy told me this the last couple of days.
Speaker 4: Baseball.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of luck to the game of baseball, and maybe you call it luck. I don't know what you want to call it, but it's hard to do well.
Speaker 3: If you square up the ball and it goes straight to a guy, Okay, you feel like it's unlucky, right, I mean you feel like, wow, I hit it well, but it went straight to the guy. If a guy hits it like a flaccid puzzo but it squirts through the infield, because if the placement of where the ball went and it was just a slap punch and judy type of hit, you say, wow, that's unlucky for that pitcher, right, I mean those are. That's a situation in baseball where luck factors in. It's just hard to digest that it's a game of luck. This laid into a postseason and on the vergil of winning a championship and the amount of money that goes into this of you know what, and it's luck. I grew up bleeding and dying for college football in a time where the long snapper didn't get one hundred thousand dollars for being the long snapper. So I grew up living and dying on a football team and having our success or lack of success mean the coach's job and all that stuff, Which is what it's like to play college football. What do you think it feels like when your kicker misses a kick to lose some guy that you watch stretches growing for four hours, Well, you have a fifty play run drill nine on seven. I mean, is that luck or unlucky? Well on the wing, I mean, if you're if you, I mean, when they're kicker misses, you feel like you know you got your come up and you've got what you deserved, you know what I mean. So it is hard to swallow small nuances when a championship or just wins or losses are involved. It's hard to say, wow, that happened, and because that happened, we lost. And that is why there's sports talk radio. That's why people are fans of things. People want to talk about, Well, if this would have happened, and this would have happened, and this would have happened, that this would happen.
Speaker 6: You want to blame somebody. You want to celebrate somebody for doing something to win, and you want to blame somebody, Usually it's Dave Roberts right for not winning.
Speaker 4: You don't want to come out luck.
Speaker 3: If the Dodgers win too straight, people are going to talk about Will Klein for a long time. If they don't, people are going to remember Will Klein and who knows what his career will be like and if he'll go somewhere else or be a Dodger or whatever.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 3: It's not the first guy like that the Dodgers have found and made something out of. Look at Max Munsey and his story. But the point is there's so much riding on circumstance, and in baseball it's a round ball and the round bat. Like everybody says circumstance does play a role, and it's hard to be a victim of circumstance when you buy the three hundred dollars Otani cherry blossom jersey.
Speaker 6: That's all.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, I hope Yamamoto's feeling lucky tonight. I hope there's some luck in those Dodgers' bats tonight, because they're going to need it in a raucus Rogers Center, which is starting to get crowded and fill in now already. I'm watching MLB Network and our favorite show, Intentional Talk by the way, with them.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good for you. I'd like to say something before we go to break for the Texto source, and I know it's not.
Speaker 9: An brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 4: We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Actually, I really have no gauge. I don't know how much of our audience has the Textoso line, or how much of our audience. I think a lot texts me. Certainly people ask I haven't given it out on the air in some time, but people ask me for it all the time when we're at events, and a lot of people have it based on the text I get. But there will be no more text about putting Vic the Brick on the show. To me, I'm not saying Vic will never be on the show. I'm not saying he ever will. He obviously went on with Rogan and Rodney. We didn't know that we could or thought about putting him on, and I will no longer be text about it if I am. I'm considering going to my very first ever block party.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh, I love a block party.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I don't.
Speaker 6: Can we stream that live on ig live? When you do a block party, I worked at it. I work at a corporation.
Speaker 3: Uh. Corporations are tricky places. I have bosses, and I don't produce this show. So please no, no, you're hosting today? God darn Ronnie block Yeah, I will, honestly, I will block you down, and I will fight down Warren Crime. And the more you tell me to do something, the less I want to do it. Okay, believe me, I know that. I mean we would have to.
Speaker 6: Get permission from our our CEO and all that. You know.
Speaker 3: Just because friend doesn't live here and never sees our bosses, he thinks he can do whatever he wants. That's fine, that's that's up to him. If he wants to go out there and sit on a cactus. He can, But I work with people and they are my bosses, so I will be left alone about it. On the textoso or I am going to a block punt.
Speaker 4: Well side Petrost.
Speaker 3: I love Victor Brint, He's one of my radio mentors. We've got a great friendship in history. But it's a corporation and that's how we make our living, the same way Vic did for many, many, many, many, many, many many many years.
Speaker 6: With that being said, it's not like I didn't get multiple phone calls in text yesterday from whom one said Victor Brigg Jacob.
Speaker 3: Did you Ronnie?
Speaker 6: Did you? Did Vic text you to come on?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Is it because of Yamamoto? Is that what it is?
Speaker 9: You gets just excited about the Dodgers?
Speaker 6: It helps that it's Yama Yama, yoll. Is it true that he texted you standing by?
Speaker 4: I cannot confirm or to that that.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's like me texted what is it Greg Twey who does the callin Coward Like, Hey, I got some thoughts about the USC Notre Dame rivalry and what Colin saying standing by? Here's my address for my combras.
Speaker 6: I would love to see that too. I'd like to see a block party more though I'm.
Speaker 3: Going, I seriously will that I might do a retroactive block party, like even if you bothered me about it before I said this. Happy Halloween, everybody. We got Ronnie's Halloween playlist, which is always a huge attraction. It will be posted on x at Ronnie Fossil when the show's over. David Vass Sabill join us in the next hour. We'll have a word and number and a fun fact. We got a lot going on. It's pending somebodey on AMPI seventy La spart.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast, a preset on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Oh that's all I ever want, Ronnie. You know this is my favorite Halloween song. Thank you. See there's a Peter Toss song called Vampires and this is Oh but this isn't it. This isn't the mix the remix one. This one's good too. Though I accept this as well. Yeah, this is Vampires by Peter Toss, who was murdered in a hail of bullets I believe in nineteen eighty seven on September eleventh. His wife was killed too. His house was hijacked by somebody that said he owed him money. But the one that I like is called Dracula Remix, the Bunny Wheeler Lee Scratch Perry Dracula Remix. You know the difference, right, Ronnie, between this.
Speaker 4: One and the remix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we played both.
Speaker 9: We've played both, but I feel like this one is the one that makes the rounds for Halloween.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's hard to find the remix. It's on a box set which has been discontinued, I believe.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Hey guys, just shut on our friends at S.
Speaker 3: Don't fire grill, Yeah, please do, Jim Tim Kates here, it's a Pettersen money on Amphi seventy LA Sports. Happy Halloween, everybody. We got the rot, We got Marango Casino, Dodgers on deck coming up at four o'clock with the same Tim Kates, who does scam and who's on this show? And we're on for two hours on the flexiler. Go ahead, Tim, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Thanks to our friends at Ston't Fire Grill for feeding us lunch today. All here at an five seventy and KFFI with their new family four pack. You get a choice of barbecue or lemon garlic sliced chicken breasts a full twenty ounces, plus a sixteen inch cheese or pepperoni pizza. They actually brought both shareable pasta, any shareable salad, and eight freshly baked breadsticks. We got all of that and we're all enjoying it. It's part of their promotion here in October. Game on Save ten use that code when you order online and you get ten bucks off any online order of fifty or more with code Game on Save ten at checkout. It's valid through November thirtieth. So no better thing to have than a little stonefire Grill for your Game six viewing party to night night.
Speaker 3: Everybody is here in their places on Halloween night. I'm trying not to be this way, especially because of Ronnie, and Ronnie loves Halloween.
Speaker 4: He didn't really decorate the studio, he didn't do anything.
Speaker 9: You know what, petros I lagged it this year's I was busy involved with the wedding planning and all this stuff like.
Speaker 3: I distracted, your son got married and yeah, so I really didn't send me the happy couple.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so that that kind of took away from my my focus and attention.
Speaker 3: True that you did not wear the skull ahead like Specter the James Bond movie.
Speaker 9: No, no, I know, not not this time. But I did have my fingernails painted black. So did you really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ronnie's GoF Hey wait to hear that Halloween playlist.
Speaker 4: But my wife made me remove it before this.
Speaker 3: The point is I I do not like Halloween. I don't like the morbid nature of it. I'm not a fan of horror movies. I don't like my wooded neighborhood becoming uh a place for giant skeletons at every other house and huge glowing spiders and blow up Frankenstein's and scenes that are set out with skeletons doing various different things funny.
Speaker 9: So I've got a lot of that stuff that you're mentioning. I've got the big skeleton, I've got the big as giant one, well I have. I don't have the twenty foot one.
Speaker 6: Well I do.
Speaker 4: I do have one that's like over ten feet damn. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's still.
Speaker 9: I got a couple of different ones at and where do you store them? I store them in my tough shit in the back.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, but you don't have to get storage for your skeleton.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, don't. I don't pay a separate storage fee at public storage or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just trying. I'm trying to not let it affect me.
Speaker 4: Are you going out tonight?
Speaker 6: Well, there's always a couple of local park I don't have games this week. I have to. Like my schedule this year, not that anybody cares. My college football schedule is so weird. There's a lot of weeks off, but then there's a lot of double ups. So week off, week off, double up, double up, double ups. So you're either mad that you're not working or you're mad that you're working too much. So it's a wonderful thing. But either way, we've all been preoccupied with the Dodgers versus the Blue Jays. Halloween Night, we will have Game six Yoshinobu Yamamoto versus Gossman, and it starts at five Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck with the one and Only Tim Kates starts at.
Speaker 4: Four, Are you not taking the kids trigger treating tonight.
Speaker 3: Well, they're gonna do. They're gonna do their own thing, Like the neighborhood is kind of that way. My daughter is what ten and Fletcher is thirteen, so they'll be within Yeah, they'll be within the neighborhood doing their stuff. They were both in costumes this morning to go to school.
Speaker 4: Who were they dressed as?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 6: CALLI? My daughter was a noopa lumpa.
Speaker 3: So she got up at like six and started putting orange makeup on her face. She's got like a fake gut, tights, a mustache, the big eyebrows.
Speaker 6: No, no, not a new polloop.
Speaker 3: But what is it called the loraxe?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yeah, she's a loraxe with doctor shoes, Laura, Yeah, with some other clothing. And then Fletcher had some kind of onesie on that made him look like a dinosaur and he got on his bike and zoomed off in that this morning.
Speaker 9: I think Petro's Fletcher maybe about that age where this is probably his last dress up Halloween.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, it's a whole different world. Like I went to the coffee place I go to today and they were dressed up all all the baristas. You know, kids in their twenties were all dressed up. In the nineties, when you know kids were in their twenties, you know, everything was quote whatever unquote because of grunge music and cigarettes and a lack of an Internet and lack of social media and all that. And I went to yoga, of course, at my sister's yoga studio, Keffe Yoga and torn and there were literally people dressed like people that are really good yoga students dressed up. There were three women all dressed the same with leaves in their hair like high ass like hair pieces. There was a guy, Jeffrey, dressed up literally like Ariel the Little Mermaid.
Speaker 6: He had the red hair.
Speaker 3: He practiced yoga, hot yoga, tough class with a huge wig on.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Another guy had a wig on greg. You know, people were dressed One lady was dressed like a mouse, you know. And these are grown ass people, people my age older, maybe a little younger. And I think because of social media, people that are maybe app not to dress up.
Speaker 6: Ever dress up. Now.
Speaker 3: I have my Edgar Allan Poe Raven T shirt. Ohoff the Raven, So I'll just put on my Edgar Allan bow T shirt.
Speaker 6: You can walk around the book in your hand, you know. Yeah, tell everybody, I'm gonna write, Yes, there you go. I'm a disinterested radio personality.
Speaker 4: Well, they had a costume party here at iHeart yesterday.
Speaker 3: I remember that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nobody comes in on Fridays anymore, it's embarrassing. But yesterday they had a big party. Yeah, believe me. Parking lots of ghost town like COVID, and there was people all dressed up in the building, you know, young and old that work here, bosses and you know, the worker bees.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's cool that grown people are dressed up in costumes.
Speaker 3: For a cost I'm trying not I'm trying not to be a d about it. I'm just trying to say, this is a way of people relating with each other and congregating and expressing themselves. We express ourselves every day great sports talk, great sports talk, and playing music and playing songs, and.
Speaker 6: Well that's the same as music.
Speaker 9: I feel like Petros whenever we go up to the fifth floor. Anyway, the eyes of judgment are always on us, regardless of whether.
Speaker 3: We're am radio weirdos. But the point is it's a chance for people that don't normally get to express themselves in the same way we do, to be able to express I'm trying to be you see how I'm trying to be cool.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be right back with the lessons learning Great Sports Talk, and then we'll do another hour of great sports talk talking about a fun fact. We're talking about a word number song of the.
Speaker 2: Day, Great sports Talk.
Speaker 3: What's Ronnie gonna play? Is he gonna play kwondo by Ingelbert humperdink.
Speaker 4: Hmm, good call, good call. It might be.
Speaker 3: This is to me like as far as just like the best freaking song. This is the best Halloween song, not just because it was in Back to School, but just because this song kicks ass.
Speaker 9: Danny Elfman is mister Halloween.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the concerts are legendary on Halloween.
Speaker 9: He'll be at the Rose Bull I think tonight with that just the best before Christmas, unbelievable.
Speaker 3: All Right, we'll be back. Thanks for listening. Petterson Money on AMPI seventy LA Sport.
Speaker 2: Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 4: That one is my favorite.
Speaker 2: Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk without a Musk, follow us all and many more.
Speaker 1: Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Hey everybody, what's cracking and welcome back. It's Petterson Money on AM five seventy LA Sports, your home of the Dodgers, Dodger baseball right here on AM five seventy. We'll start at five, first pitch at five. Though the World Series stuff has been pretty late in La. It runs about five minutes late. In Canada they run about fifteen minutes late. With all the time difference. That's why it's no no, it's the fanfare before the game. It's not the time. If it was a time difference, well it starts three hours later. But at the same I'm not gonna explain this to you. Tim Kats is here, Ronnie Fossio's here, Matt is traveling, but he'll be back on Monday. He's got Chargers on Sunday at ten o'clock on k F I do we have enough time to do the lessons learning great sports talk?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think we do.
Speaker 4: Let's knock these out real quick. Twitter down pitcher.
Speaker 6: I guess he delivered a really sick burns with no concerns the sense.
Speaker 3: All right, the lessons learned in great sports talk. We'll get a few of these. It is time for lesson what Alex.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't for all this other circumstance, we'd still be talking about Will Climb and we might end up talking about him when it's all over. But we did have the rabbinical beard or the Amish like beard. And I was heard that he's gonna go whittle with the Amish all off season, and I said really, and then the person said, no, you idiot, and I felt stupid. But here is Will Krine with the Pettersen money show. After that great performance in Game three.
Speaker 4: When's the last time you threw seventy pitches in a game?
Speaker 10: I think it was my junior year of college in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: So what did what did it feel like?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 4: You know, because you're a dude that throws gas, so I would assume that's going to affect that WELOSTI it didn't seem.
Speaker 6: Like it, but kind of what does it feel like when you're when you're taking up and you're going back out there for fourth.
Speaker 4: Any Yeah, I just.
Speaker 10: Think the adrenaline helped me stay in it. You know, I got a little more out of myself there, but just being able to find, you know, that that last little uh bit of energy in myself and you know, stay in it, keep going, not not let us slip away there. And like I think you see it with with those last two pitches, uh oh yeah, you know, and will call that last curveball kind of like really gave me the energy I needed there.
Speaker 4: So I couldn't tell you, but it it just kind of sounds like me on Wednesday.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: The vocal courts just all blown out. Yeah, but you've done a good job, Kates. You sound as vibrant as ever. It must be that stonefire grill. It must be Lesson too.
Speaker 11: Alexis orl Herscheizer in his jersey from eighty eight, gave us an interview about all the great people that are connected with those times and him as a Dodger and his text thread with them.
Speaker 6: Here's oral before a game that the Dodgers lost.
Speaker 12: Group text group text with An Meyer, Laura Lessorda, Don Drysdale, and Ammyer. Who else is i'my Herene, Kurt Gibson, Sandy Kofax, and it was like, look down at my Dodger family, and I thanked them because my name's been coming up during this world series. And I thanked all the people in my Dodger family.
Speaker 6: For everything they contributed to me.
Speaker 12: Rick Honeycutt also and Dave Wallace the pitching code, and I just it was a group text. I wrote about three paragraphs of thanking them because I wouldn't have been a Dodger, I wouldn't have been a world series hero or whatever I was. I went a pitch in the big leagues as long as I did. I went in a rehab from a reconstructive surgery without doctor job and Pat Screener. This is a very special life I've gotten to live. And just say that I am now the guy like Ben Here or anybody else, or Joe Davis or anybody.
Speaker 6: It's just for me.
Speaker 12: I am just an accumulation of a great, great Dodger family that was around me.
Speaker 3: The great oral Herscheizer. And finally to pop up our Japanese friend lesson three lexion trays, it is time for the Yoshi Yamamoto.
Speaker 4: So yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Play the Yoshi Yamamoto Reddit song.
Speaker 11: To see Yum yum shing Halloween.
Speaker 2: This yam man yo she no mung mana.
Speaker 6: Yo she no mungol manas they don't war, It's all damn after that, you.
Speaker 4: Wait for it, wait for what?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: It is a very cool song.
Speaker 3: Right well, there's no doubt that it gets our Japanese friends pumped up, and our Yamamoto friends and our Dodger friends.
Speaker 6: We need them pumped up tonight. We need another complete game. Last time a Dodger did that three times in the postseason. Some guy named oral Herscheizer did it in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 3: I remember that stat. Well, hang in there, everybody, We'll be right back with another hour of great sports talk. We appreciate everybody listening. A big thank you to Tim Kits who's been working real hard but has not missed a guest on our show. We had Brad Paisley on too earlier this week. We have not missed a promo, a podcast while he's been doing scam, his college stuff, his NFL stuff and Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck. And a big thank you to Ronnie and Colin Yee and everybody that makes it happen. We'll be right back with your word number.
Speaker 6: Song of the Day