Speaker 1: Oh where is our Willie? He's absorbing much turkey and tripp to fans and start being in star SHOs like everybody else. Absolutely Stirling and Donnade hanging out beautiful Thanksgiving just after noon, eight after for Bill Conningham. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm happy. Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: You do have like a like a big glow of celebration and normally you're a little more mellow. You come in, You're like, I.
Speaker 2: Excited to see.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: You know, I love being on air on holidays.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 4: When you said you were on from twelve to four, I said, I can't do the full shift, but I will come on from twelve to two today because I always loved growing up the voices of the holiday season. Thanksgiving was a big one. Watch the Macy's Day Parade. Had it on this morning. Watch the Macy's Day Parade. So you get your favorite warning show hosts and radio personalities and everybody that like, it's just a special thing for me.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm happy to be here. I'm pretty geeked up too, glad to see you. Saw did Jack Crumley's here? Saw Dave Keaton? I think Liam's producing next, So yeah, I mean, we got a lot going on. Ricky Chino was then tagged out. Some people have shorter shows and others course Bengals on the road taking on the Ravens and charm City with Joe Burrow back under center. I'm thankful for the Bengals. Yes, I'm thankful for what was a very short playoff season for the Reds. I'm thankful for FC Cincinnati getting to the playoffs in the second round didn't quite work out for them. I'm thankful for you. I'm grateful for many thanks. I'm very I am just I live in that space of just feeling good about what all is is around me, even when you.
Speaker 4: Look on social media on holidays like this, especially Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter is another heart you know, pull yeah heart strings and everybody is so like lovely and kind and nice for the most part. It's wonderful it is.
Speaker 1: And you travel a lot, and this is something We've talked about off the air a good bit and I'm sort of torn on it. When I was flying more and even now when it's just on occasion, it's usually get out of town and have a good time, maybe sometimes to see family and friends elsewhere. I inevitably find myself seating next to someone who is either it hasn't bathed. I don't know. Maybe they're nervous and it just oozes out of their pores in a stinky way. Sometimes there'll be the people who want to kick off their shoes or whatever else. I'm not saying that things. Civility may start with dress and respect for yourself and maybe respect for others. I'm about being comfortable. Believe me. You know, I'm not necessarily a suit and high type of guy unless I have to be. I wasn't around for the old days when flying was Fedora's and sue and cocktails and cigarettes in the sky in metal tubes filled with like smoke and hot like stewardesses, when it was more than just saving your life and everything else. I mean, you know, different times, don at different times.
Speaker 4: Yes, I understand, and I do listen. I think I know what you're referring to, because we talked about it a second right before we got on air. US Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy says, basically.
Speaker 2: Americans should do better.
Speaker 4: They should dress better, because we're seeing a lot of videos of people fighting on planes, fighting this and that and everything else.
Speaker 2: But he has a point.
Speaker 4: I actually agree with him, because when you dress better, you look better, you feel better, you act better.
Speaker 2: That's just the bottom line. It's true.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you remember back in the days where traveling was like.
Speaker 2: It was like a reward. It was like, you know, it was like.
Speaker 4: Everyone would wear dresses and suits and get it was an occasion to get on a plane and go. And yeah, I think seeing people in their pajamas and slippers is a little it's a little bit of a bummer because yeah, I mean, do better is what he's saying.
Speaker 2: And and I think we all.
Speaker 1: Can now, but see the required the thing is, though you got to then take off your shoes, You've got to take off your belt. Not everybody has that quick pre check scenario. Then it becomes even slower, it becomes a hassle. And who who was the I don't care if you have it.
Speaker 4: Does how convenient does your life have to be?
Speaker 2: Sterling?
Speaker 4: I mean, we we get door dat, we get food delivery, we get I mean, we don't have to go to the movies to see the biggest hits anymore.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, we get.
Speaker 4: Everything at our fingertips. Let's do a little bit better on the dress.
Speaker 1: Cod So you're saying that I am not dressed well enough to fly with Donna Dye? Is that what you're saying? I think you look appropriately.
Speaker 2: Stand up. Let me see. I did see you.
Speaker 1: I wear that I dressed for work. This is a workout, this is a work well looking at my butt, Yeah, it looks good. Done it. I'm just kidding. It's a turkey. But you look perfectly fine. But not to fly the way you're describing it. No Fedora which would protect my ball?
Speaker 4: Do if you had a nice blazer on with that and some fun sneaks. What sneakers do you have on, eddiebo Okay? Yeah, if you put some fool cooler sneakers, those are good enough. Those look like hiking shoes, Sterling, They look like hiking shoes. Put some Adidas on with some stripes, and then put a cool jacket on, and you're good.
Speaker 2: You're good.
Speaker 4: You normally have a pretty good style. But you pick it up a little bit, that's all.
Speaker 1: Listen. I mean, I'm already spending money to fly. I'm already gonna have to wait through you know, maybe a layover, a delayed flight. The stinky guy next to me, And now you're telling me, even here, I'm not dressed appropriately.
Speaker 2: I was so there.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, so I got to wear a blazer, and I understand, but it's it's.
Speaker 4: Just cool to look a little bit more proper and then you can set the tone.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: They did a scientific experiment of some they actually it's been done so many times. This woman was dropping boxes all over and she was in this baggy sweatshirt and jacket.
Speaker 2: She almost looked like a homeless person.
Speaker 4: This really pretty young woman, right, and then nobody helped her. But then she had a dress on and heels and she was dropping these boxes and then everybody came over to help her. There's there's a certain level of respect that you have for yourself that people notice when you. You know, when you get it's not like you have to.
Speaker 1: Wear a suit, but you just so. What you're saying is, though, if you dress better, someone's more willing to help you because you figure, oh, you look homeless, like the guy who always sits next to me, I may have like a friend. On one side, I'm always unless I'm up front, which is occasional, rare, uh, And that I'm stuck with a stinky person. They if you dress better, you look better. We judge people instantly. We are esthetically judging people constantly, instant you know, assessment almost who they are, but almost in a.
Speaker 4: Good way, sterling because like if if you if you have somebody that walks in that looks like they've taken care of themselves, that looks like they've dressed well, they took you know, an hour to get ready.
Speaker 2: And you know what, yeah, not a pile of laundry.
Speaker 1: I mean you uge, like pull My clothes are not wrinkled other than the blazer, though I would be. I would fit into protocol to fly. And you think be respectable enough to not be a part.
Speaker 4: Of your cross Sneakers are fine there, you don't have slippers. I'm just saying you can hip it up a little right, right.
Speaker 1: All right, So here's the thing. Let's open the phones. It's Thanksgiving. We're thankful you're with us. Wherever you're going, mom's, dad's, grandma's grandpause. Maybe you're on the job like us, whether you're working first responders. I saw some stage troopers on the side of seventy five on the way down. They were working some people might have been in a hurry to go someplace, so they're just trying to slow people down. But we respect and appreciate you being out there. So I guess, how dressed up do you get to fly? And how much of a difference is it. I don't have a problem with relaxed and casual. I live business casual. Yeah, I do too. I just suit and tie. If I'm getting cocktails in the air and it's more relaxed. And if I wasn't other than in business class or up front in a seat that made me feel like, even in my very s felt self might have had a problem sitting there. I add more layers and more dress. I'm more uncomfortable if you're making me more stress thinking about it, and then I gotta go, where's my blazer? I left my blazer on the plane? How do I get my blazer back? I mean, there's so many things, uh five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred. The big one your chance to get interactive. How dressed up do you would that make flying easier on the way home from Thanksgiving? If people, I mean, there's no question you take yourself more seriously, arguably or at least dressed better than people do respect you better. Greg, You're with Stirling A. Donnade on the Big one, Richard after you and room for others here seven the Big One. Do you wear fedora? Do you wear a suit and high? How dressed up do you need to be to get on the goat? Hello there, Hey, Happy Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you. Hey.
Speaker 6: I'd like to expand this a little bit more too. I'm a I'm a retired registered nurse. And visitors in the hospital. I guess they think the hospital room now is like your hotel room. You know you you you rented the room, I guess. And it was nice during COVID because you know, they really restricted visitation and made life easy for all of us that were working the floor.
Speaker 1: But it was a pandemic a different times.
Speaker 2: Did they bring their bathrobes and put their sleep.
Speaker 6: They bring in picnic lunches. I'll tell you a story. I worked a night shift once and the lady was in there with her daughter and her stepson, and I guess that they had there's no visitors hours anymore. I guess you rent the hotel that you rent the room if you can stay, so you know they were staying in the room all night with the with the mom, I guess. And then I go in here at three o'clock in the morning and I go, where's your daughter and your step son? And she goes, oh, they're in the shower. I said, wait a minute, they're in the shower. This is three o'clock in the morning. And she said, yeah, you know they're in a relationship.
Speaker 1: So a relationship. I don't know what hospital you're talking of. There's some crazies. I've never been in a hospital situation like that. That's crazy. So that's a common place activity or your I mean, is that the irregular or very common.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: They I guess they figured it's you just can't greg.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the bod. Yeah, he basically was not paying directly. Yeah, so why would they care? Yeah, so what do you do?
Speaker 4: I mean, he's right, he's taking it further. I do think that you don't need to be so comfortable. I went to a movie and saw the worst movie I told you, Long Legs with Nick Cage.
Speaker 1: Oh it was terrible, but that was a paycheck movie. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: These people down the aisle from me had pajamas, blankets, and I was like what in the world.
Speaker 1: People like to be comfort and I think a lot of people feel like they're just in a bubble and they're kind of like, this is me in my life, in my world. But that's no different than people walking, whether they're on their device or otherwise. People seem to often be in a mode of oblivion when it comes to other people around them.
Speaker 4: Oblivious to be comfortable, But get out of your comfort zone when you're out and about and you're mingling with others.
Speaker 1: Some ties to fly. I mean showering in a the hospital room. It's not your own. It's just Yeah, that's just opportunistic, is what that is. Some weirdness. They had a weird fetish is what that was going on. And what we did at the hospital was like, no, I don't want to know what you did at the hospital. Did you get healthy? That's what you want to Owensville Richard was sterling and Donnadee on the Big One. How dressed up do you need to be to fly to travel or I guess to visit family and friends at the hospital.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll leave the hospital out. But when I was a young fellow, when you flew and I'm in my mid sixties, you potentially could die. I mean, you know, so you you wanted to look good.
Speaker 1: I mean the queen underwear Mom always told me about exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, back in the days of prop planes and stuff like that. Good Lord man, you want to look good if you're potentially going to meet the Lord.
Speaker 4: You know, if nothing else, it's a good excuse to do a little, a little bit better exactly what we're talking.
Speaker 3: Reason, damn it. And people ought to people ought to take more advantage of looking good. I'm the one last thing. The stewardess back when you called them that, I looked at her and I looked at the overhead and I said, is that where you keep the parachutes? And she said, yes, honey, that's where they are, just in case.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they got to get out quick. I mean the rest of us behind. I don't know how often that happens. Rich appreciate the comment. Are you having a good Thanksgiving? You're on the road, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Actually I just committed the guest of honor to the oven. Ah, so uh you know, we'll be in good shape here.
Speaker 1: Very good. Richard appreciate that. Thank you. He might have been basting as we speak. That's multitasking.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh, thank.
Speaker 4: You've never heard that way of putting it. The guest of honor goes in the oven.
Speaker 1: We didn't, and I failed there because I know if it was a turkey bird, if it was a dog.
Speaker 4: Well, it is called Turkey Day, so I'm guessing. I'm assuming, but it's turkey today. But you don't eat any turkey.
Speaker 2: Yes I do. I eat the faux turkey.
Speaker 4: But I mean we have tons of stuff, like you know, mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing. I made stuffing, and I made cornbread pudding which is gonna be amazing. And my sister makes the greatest sweet potatoes sou flet, and there's there's not a lack of.
Speaker 2: Food that I can eat on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: No guest of honor required, No, you are there will be at.
Speaker 4: My nephew's house because half he's gonna he also works with me, and he said, I'm gonna have three vegans, two vegetarians, and a bunch of meat eaters, so it will be an eclectic group of people for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: That's balance as it should be. Yes, exactly, people you care about five point three seven four nine eight hundred, the big One Sterling, Donna Dee along for your Thanksgiving Chack Crumbley with news. In about seven and a half minutes, we got Liam producing and room for you. Want to know what you're doing this Thanksgiving? Traveling wise, wh you flew home or whatever it is. However you're here, maybe you're working too, because I know it's not just us. I saw people gassing up. Gas prices are low, so a lot of people hitting the road. They say record numbers. But traffic right now on the way in look great.
Speaker 4: It was no problem, even though Triple A says eighty one point eight million Americans are projected to travel at least fifty miles. I'm going to be one of them because my name, my nephew lives in Springboro.
Speaker 1: So you know, that's a little bit of a drive. Ye, a little bit of a drive, but I mean it's huge. That's a lot of people. That's like what fifteen twenty percent of the population A little bit more.
Speaker 2: Seventy three million drive in by.
Speaker 1: Car, and they said about a million two million maybe on train, but that doesn't affect most of us here.
Speaker 2: I guess six million flying.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, it's the long holiday weekend and when you you know, this is a time where you do get to be with your family and friends a.
Speaker 1: Little and hopefully you put the fun in the dysfunction in the family. After is any we'll talk on that, we'll talk on side items. Also, some issues with wagering in sports betting that the governor is wanting to adjust. I guess freedom is not always meaning that we're free. That's all I'm gonna say. It's Sterling Donna d Thanksgiving. Appreciate you being along. Grateful that you're here on the Nation station with the Bengals and Ravens getting it on Thursday night, Prime time Turkey Night, seven hundred WLW you got Have you ever seen a lot of turkey? Sterling Don and d by the way, Thanksgiving seven hundred w WELW you don't think so? No, I mean they have an odd neck and hence the turkey neck thing. Whatever. I nearly drove off Interstate seventy when I was coming back from Nevada this is years ago now, and a car behind me in the truck and I'm rolling and I had never seen this other than actually out in the woods someplace, but just a long seventy around Saint Louis, there was a whole family herd flock. I don't know what you want to call it. It was a cluster a turkey just rolling or you know, doing. They don't fly, you know, real well, anyway, they were just sort of rolling along seventy next to it, and I'm staring at it, and I literally drove off the road because I was bewildered. It was like a whole family.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, they're not the cutest of animals, but they do have They're very smart.
Speaker 2: All birds are real real smart.
Speaker 1: Is the rumor that in anybody who knows the turkey would maybe be able to under share this. I remember as a kid my uncle told me the turkeys were not the smartest bird for certain things. That if it's raining and they don't have shelter, they would just like drown by looking up, which I think is crap, because otherwise there'd be no wild turkeys because it rains occasionally in the world and eventually they would just drown. Right, So, I mean, you think they were just messing with me or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would think that that was like a wives tale.
Speaker 1: Oh there was slipe hunting or something.
Speaker 4: By the way, a group of turkeys can be called several things, a rafter, a flock, a gaggle, or.
Speaker 2: A posse aposse. Let's call them a posse as makes them sound.
Speaker 1: Like there wasn't East St. Louis, but it was just Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: It was not.
Speaker 1: I guess it was a posse. I was just freaked out. Even now I can literally like it takes me right back there because I peripherally I saw him. What the hell's that? And they did not look like the white like bread to be food bird. They were just out there living their turkey lives, which was pretty wild and bread to be food well, because most of the lies that you see that are for production of food. I don't want to go to a scary, bad place, but for a lot of people, because people don't want to think about sometimes what we're eating. Although I know friends who will go and they'll go to the farm and they'll pick their bird and then they'll come back like there's there's whatever you want A number he is. I don't give them a name because that gets really awkward, and then they get them for you. Right. I've not done that, but I know people who have and most of those are not the birds that look wild. They're they're more white, just like chickens. Often for big production for a food product don't look quite like that. Certainly don't big over chest flipped over bread to be big yeah, basted, Yeah, grind.
Speaker 2: And one of the reasons why I don't indulge.
Speaker 1: Now stuffing or dressing, it's it's a different animals literally and figuratively. But if you're not dealing with the bird itself where it's stuffed in, then it's dressing. And you will have dressing at the house. Yeah, I call somefing, but you're right, I mean, you're right.
Speaker 4: There is a big difference between it because I'm not, you know, putting it in the cavity of a bird. But I make it and it tastes just as.
Speaker 1: You as every Yeah, favorite side item for Thanksgiving it's always going to be.
Speaker 4: For me mashed potatoes, but it's and gravy. You gotta have gravy with mashed potatoes. But also, you know, my sister's sweet potato soufle is like nothing, like nothing else. It's so good.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 1: I do? I mean, I like the meat products some people are for the ham. I like the turkey, but I mean I've I've had the toefurky in the past or something like it. It was okay, I didn't even realize what it was until I was told. Then I was freaked out, and then I was bothered that I was freaked out.
Speaker 4: They make it much better now, it's evolved a little bit. The faam meats or whatever. Any unusual sides that you have, because I mean I don't I don't recall any kind of unusual side turnips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's in any situation. I don't know about safe instance for things. I've never understood the rudebiger, Okay. I also don't understand rhubarb because it looks like celery, but it's sort of pinkish and red and people will make a pie out of it. Yet I don't know anyone who goes I would like a celery.
Speaker 2: You got to put strawberries.
Speaker 4: My mom used to make strawberry rhubarb pie and it was the best, was so good.
Speaker 1: You go for like a pie? Wise, do you like a con pie? Like a pecan is all time favorite, really all time favorite. If you have to choose, you go pumpkin pie? Do you go sweet potato pie, pumpkin pumpkin given a choice, but of course the pecan pie precedes everything. Yeah, that's the number one.
Speaker 2: That is Okay, who's cooking at your house?
Speaker 1: Nobody tonight because I'm doing this. I'm gonna pick some stuff up. This is all right, I'll tell you. So here's the thing. I have one aunt who is gonna go to her husband's or late husband's side of the family. But there was a health issue, so they're not doing that. They're postponing it. So I'm going on the way home. She doesn't know yet. I'm gonna call and then like bring her some food, if her food, and then tomorrow. But I work tomorrow night, So tomorrow is a designated like Thanksgiving, okay for me?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I mean because otherwise what are you gonna do? It's just like the whole day sort of take yeah, yeah, and you know that's all right, and then it gives people other chances to like do their thing or whatever. But there'll be turkey. I think I'm doing turkey stuff. I don't think it'll be like it'll be like a turkey rest and a little bit of dressing, a little bit of mashed potato.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, I mean the whole kittens.
Speaker 2: That you do for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: By the way, Willie enjoying a nice day off. Hopefully you are too, although there's a lot of people working as well. So that's why Stirling A Donna are here. I said that in third person, which is very weird. I didn't mean to do that. That's why Donna's here, That's why I'm here, That's why all of us are here doing what we do. Five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred. The big one your chance to get interact wondering about your favorite or least favorite side item. The thing I have a real problem with, and I would hope that you never had to navigate this.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: My family would try to sneak the giblets, the pieces and parts uh huh into like the gravy or the stuff. Yeah, I'm not a fan. No, if you're gonna do that, give someone a heads up.
Speaker 2: It's pretty gross if you think about it.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of people like it and they think it adds flavor.
Speaker 2: But you can just put some salt in there and you'll be good.
Speaker 1: I prefer that. Yeah, sure, I mean is hearts there's a gizzard. Then there's sometimes the kidneys and stuff, and then they'll be the neck and the next is really good if you cook up the next.
Speaker 4: Stuff you My mom used to do something with the giblets too, and we would all protest, please please do noting.
Speaker 1: It's not just me that makes me feel.
Speaker 2: No, none of my family members ever liked it.
Speaker 4: And she's French Canadians, so you know she was born she made beef Wellington and she would make all these. She was a great cook and an even better baker, and she would have just like the the little mini Cornish game hens for all of us. We'd all get our own on Thanksgiving. And that's like seven kids plus you know it's at birds. Those are pigmy birds. And I would be like, this is my own mind. I don't have to share it with anybody. It was so cool back then.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Hank real quick and then we'll circle back to the Cornish hen thing, because that nearly made me vegan some years ago. Hey, you're with Sterling and Donnade on seven hundred wlw inn for Willy on this Thanksgiving. Glad you're along. How are you.
Speaker 9: Hanging there? I guess, but I hope you hear there, you hear there's a problem with.
Speaker 1: The turkeys, right, what's the problem with the turkeys?
Speaker 9: They got so much press meat they can't walk anymore. So these food engineers are studying videos of Baywatch and Dolly Parton, see what can be done about it.
Speaker 1: Very nice, that's good. I get a few years out of it, and then and then you move on and then try to redeem it.
Speaker 9: What what do you call a turkey after Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Gone?
Speaker 2: That meat?
Speaker 1: Lucky lucky? Yeah, that's true. Yeah, that's a that's a that's a good one, Hank. Thank you real quick. Here side item of choice? And are you a fan of the giblet?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 9: Not particularly?
Speaker 1: No side item, No giblet. I wish you.
Speaker 9: Wish you good Thanksgiving if possible.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate that. It's better now that you're here. Good to talk to you. So happy Thanksgiving to you. I hope it's a good one.
Speaker 10: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you being along. Hank. Just have that he had no sides, no.
Speaker 2: Wanted to give his jokes, and he had two good ones and that was his total intention.
Speaker 1: Got to pick your spots. I guess generally speaking, overall.
Speaker 4: You know what's good at the every time listen people one of their biggest pastimes during the holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, going to see the movies. You know what's doing really well at the box office.
Speaker 1: What's that Wicked too?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were telling me off the air because I am. I didn't expect to be like thinking this was something I wanted to see. My mother told me really a whole bit. She was like, oh, you'd love it, you love it, you love it. And she went to see the stage production downtown some years ago, and she said that it was so overwhelming. She has like vertigo problem that she was in that first balcony. She said she felt like she was going to fall over the balcony. So I was like, you know, that's exciting. I'm glad I'm not doing dealing with that. But you she made me think that the movie was going to be worth something, and you made it seem like I'd be interested in seeing the second half of this too.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 4: I was surprised how much I liked the first one. I was on a plane, so I didn't I wasn't, you know, dying to go. I was all dressed up on the plane. I wasn't dying to go see Wicked, because you know, I didn't know that much about it. Man. That story is you know, you've heard the Wizard of Oz and all that stuff. But they put a spin on it where animals were professors at these universities and goats and they all spoke and everything, and so.
Speaker 1: I did so that humans are going to the animal university, or is it the animal university?
Speaker 4: It's humans were It was humans and animals mixed. It was like a whole other universe where animals were able to speak and educate, and you saw that the demise was coming. They were you know, they were saying, you're an animal, you're this and that, and and so it was the protection of those.
Speaker 2: It was very, very good.
Speaker 4: And I'm hearing nothing but good things on Wicked, too, So that's cool.
Speaker 1: I hope it's good. I mean, if I'm going to go sit in a theater to watch something that's nearly three hours or whatever it is, it better be good or I'm going to sneak out and go across the hall. Have you ever done that?
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, you hate a movie and you're like, no, this is not working.
Speaker 1: Got to go to the next one. So that's the other. That's the big one that. I mean, people love the holiday movies, any I'm just trying to figure out of all the holiday films that are related to Thanksgiving, I don't know that how how many are really like plane trains and automobiles. I think that was a Thanksgiving Conyes, it was.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest Thanksgiving movies ever.
Speaker 1: Any other that are just Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: I mean they had that home for the holidays, and I think that was Thanksgiving. Robert Downey Junior was in it. But that was about dysfunctional family whose right and it was kind of a dark comedy. It wasn't like it wasn't given like all this fun family vibe, which everyone really wants. I mean, I think everybody really technically does want to get along with their family members. There's just sometimes it's not the easiest thing to do.
Speaker 1: It can be a challenge. So how do you navigate that in this situation, because I mean, can you just set it aside a side from the individual things, because your family and very close friends know what buttons and how to push those buttons exactly. But when you're getting together to have food and some fellowship and togetherness, and to be thankful for all these people in this life that we have. I mean, you would hope that you're not wanting to stir it up in a negative way.
Speaker 2: Of the year and put politics aside.
Speaker 4: Right That would be my number one piece of advice if somebody. Because I was at this friends giving thing downtown on Tuesday, which was lovely, and somebody started bringing up politics and I'm like, we're having fun.
Speaker 1: Why you have to go there?
Speaker 4: Because some people will do it deliberately to cause a riff.
Speaker 1: When I was younger, I would occasionally like to say something like a depth charge dropped off a navy vessel at sea, I say something, or right here, somebody else say something. Then I would sit.
Speaker 2: Back and watch the KOs.
Speaker 1: I kind of enjoyed that because you could say, oh, I know this is going to get that one. But I've grown now, I'm not really affect for.
Speaker 4: You because they don't want to be that way. And there's almost now there's a point where you can't stop yourself from putting your your A judgments on other people and be your opinions all over people, and if they don't agree, then there's an there's an argument there.
Speaker 2: That's what happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unfortunately, that's not a good recipe for the Thanksgiving dinner table.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: You know the other thing that you know, you think about this is like a lot of people may have started a day with Thanksgiving Day race here in Cincinnati, which has gone on for what one hundred and eighteen years I think since nineteen oh seven ones. Yeah, that's my base.
Speaker 2: I've done it twice.
Speaker 1: You didn't do it today.
Speaker 2: I did not know.
Speaker 1: And it's brisk so you don't get overheated, which is kind of nice. It's kind of perfect in that type of situation. But then you build up a little hunger, then you go stuff yourself with all those starches I just talked about. I mean it's really a made for the day kind of scenario where there was that the trot for like what five K ten K. I have a car, so I tend to not do these things. I do the short ones. One day.
Speaker 4: You walk your dog at least sometimes three five miles.
Speaker 1: Easy a day. Yeah right, not bad for a little fifteen pound guy with four short legs. But you know, a good dog is a tired dog. That's what I can tell you, that is for sure. Later James were going to talk Bengals Ravens. They're playing tonight. If you hadn't heard, they're in Baltimore and they had speaking of travel, they were stuck and they had to switch planes. They were supposed to leave like five hours earlier than what they ended up leaving while they were in Wait, what a nightmare. I mean, what do you do when you're delayed that much? If you're not I mean, because if you're at the airport, my experience would be to go get a drink and maybe some bad food. But if they're probably living a different life on their chartered aircraft. But you would also think a chartered aircraft wouldn't have that type of situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do. I mean they also have issues with delayed planes and things like that. So yeah, I mean, the only thing you can do is just try and be patient.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. And the good news is it's not an early game. It's a late game, prime time kind of scenario. So they can still sleep, get adjusted, and you know, however, they eat and then they come home maybe and have their family Thanksgiving tomorrow or over the weekend. Yeah, I not a bad scenario. So hopefully they're all Okay.
Speaker 4: Lots of people work in, lots of sports people working today, lots of broadcasters today.
Speaker 1: First responders, first responders. There's some restaurants that are open and doing some food for people picking it up or whatever. I know some people got some stuff from Bob Evans just across the street, so I mean that's kind of nice too, right. And there's other workers. There's hospit urgent cares. I don't know about those, but certainly emergency rooms. And speaking of first responders, I have a cousin up in the Columbus area who's working today, doing his thing. Hopefully not busy. Hopefully it's just it like the firehouse, eating food and kicking back and having a good time, one would hope. So yeah, I think that's fairly clearest to what a lot of us are doing. Straight Away, you're one o'clock reporting nothing and what's going on from Jack Cromley. Maybe we'll hear from him a little bit later talk about their special showing of some holiday features and the Cincinnati Film Fest and all the other stuff that goes with that. Straight away news more Sterling, Donna d Thanksgiving, Glad you're along for our Bill Cunningham enjoying a nice day off. It's Willy's time with Sterling and Donna De on the home of the best Bengals coverage, news Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnatair. Willie enjoying a day off. A lot of other people are hopefully with family and friends, enjoying some good grubbing stuff at Sterling Donna De over there, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 4: I'm happy to be on air with you today. I'm getting off it too, so forty.
Speaker 1: Five minutes, Yeah, I appreciate you coming in for a little while. Then I rolled to All four and the Moe comes up after us Bengals on the roads after spending it in a really ridiculous amount of time for an aircraft to have to be switched out before they got to Baltimore. Got in late, but thankfully it's a primetime Thanksgiving game with Joe Burrow back behind time.
Speaker 2: The Bengals played on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Dude, I have no one, it was a long I have to look that up. I mean that's a Lance thing like right now, it's just in his role of decks of knowledge right now. Yeah, you take a look at that and see it's been a minute Burrow hasn't. That's one of the things that you'll hear him talk about a little bit later in the news and so forth, is the fact that he was pretty geeked up and excited to be able to play on Thanksgiving because a lot of us, I mean growing up player or not a player, watching all those turkey legs being given away in the Love from Madden back in the day, and then of course all those games, but it was always like the Lions, the Packers, it seemed like Cowboys, and then some rainomother a lot of Bears games too, I think if I remember correctly, overall for Thanksgiving. So yeah, he's excited and hopefully well rested and ready to go. A lot of other people today getting ready for Black Friday shopping and everything to go along with that, and some people throwing some money around because it's America. And finally freedom and liberty to decide if you want to bet on the Bengals or you want to bet on the I mean a pick a team, whatever it is, and a lot of parlays. The governor in the last day or so has gotten a lot of attention here in Ohio. Mike the Wine, of course, who actually put pen to paper after the people of this state voted to allow sports betting, and now is saying he's apparently not a fan of the sports betting, in particular the parlays that apparently make it more interesting, so that he wants to somehow get with lawmakers and put the kaibash at least on part of it. I guess the fear is that people can control themselves, so he has to be you know, everybody wants to protect everybody from themselves.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I kind of agree, because that's why we you know, that's why drinking and driving, their laws against that and and that kind of stuff. Imagine if you know you, let's say you and I were married, Sterling, and we had two kids.
Speaker 2: And you had a betting.
Speaker 4: Problem, right, Yeah, a gambling issue, and yeah you were taking the money and from our family, and you weren't being one hundred percent honest about it. If there are laws of that type of nature, it's for the family.
Speaker 2: So I kind of understand that.
Speaker 1: But this is America, and it's unfortunate that this fake family that the two of us would have at this point, with little Sterling and don Ch in fact that somehow and I like how you it wasn't you who had the problem. It would be me and this spectitious make belief situation, and to protect you and the kids from me, the horrible bad choice addicted, I'm chasing that action that I would be the problem.
Speaker 4: Uh you could see the writing on the walls. Yeah, it's true, honest about it, Jones. Sometimes you need that action sometimes. But who is the governor or the government to say as long? I mean, why can't I do what I want? Well, that may be up to you, the significant other in the family, who may suffer for the of this, you know, addiction or just a losing streak or whatever.
Speaker 1: But I mean that's up to you. If I sat around and just bought video games or books out the wazoo, if you will, to the point of blowing all kinds of money.
Speaker 4: Oh, there are shopaholics for sure. I mean, we just talked about Black Friday. There's gonna be a lot of people that drop a lot of coin on that and maybe not even tell the spouse and stuff like that, which is why you need to have your own banks, separate, separate bank accounts exactly for month for bills and stuff, so that you don't get yourself in that kind of situation. I mean, many people can disagree, but a lot of financial advisors will say, have your own money, and that's that's super important, so that one person is not in charge and knows everything. But I do understand secrets. There are some people can't get out of their own way. You would agree with that. Some people have problems with free will, but it's free will. But sometimes people need a pat on the back and said, hey, you're doing too much.
Speaker 1: And the government needs to do that. Why is the government in the place to tell us? I mean, it just seems we need people to step in it. It just seems like such an overreach. And I understand people are scared of it and it's a vice and it's an easy thing because there are people who you know, it doesn't go well. But that's again about freedom and choice and liberty and not about a nanny state trying to tell us how to live our lives.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, I agree, but there's needs to be some some some laws that we have to abide by in this country. I mean, you know, if somebody keeps getting four or five duys and they haven't.
Speaker 1: Learned right, But that's the general public because they're on the road taking a chance on I mean every day, just earlier in the news you hear about somebody else who crashed a car, escaped and ran away, and there's a lot of these runs over like, I mean that that is a serious ongoing for every day in the news, there's it has been yeah, of a pedestrian or a vehicle issue or something. I love the way they're written by the way vehicle, human strike or a person strike. You mean you got hit by a car, just say it. But but I mean there's a scheme of things though. The drunken drug driving thing is because it's a general public threat. If you want to drink yourself or drug yourself to death and your privacy of your own home and in your life, then go about it. Blow through your cash and ruin your life, smoke your cracks so your teeth fall out of your head. I mean, I don't really want you to do that, yeah, but I mean it's America. You should be free to do it. I'm thankful that most people don't have those problems. But Mike de Wine or any other governor, or the president or anybody else, or even me, if I decide I don't like how you're living and you're making bad choices. Donna, Who am I to tell you, even if we're in a relationship, I may tell you. But if you want to do your thing, then and do your thing, and I'll take our kids and go away.
Speaker 4: Because there's a ripple effect. Okay, you take our kids and.
Speaker 1: Is out of control.
Speaker 2: I'm the one boozing on the couch.
Speaker 1: Try we're gonna go play the pony.
Speaker 2: But there is exactly.
Speaker 1: But I used to know with my uncle, it was a great time. Go to the window. I'd reach up my uncle want to put three on five?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: We used to go.
Speaker 4: We used to go bet highlight in Florida, which was so super fun.
Speaker 2: But you know, I would do it once a month or once every six month.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 4: You know, it's the same thing when I go to Vegas, I'll bet so I luckily do not have a problem with that. But it is a ripple effect in society because guess what that person that's on crack or what you suggested, go and kill yourself in your own house if that's what you want to do.
Speaker 1: The buy over indulgence, I don't just mean sounded so bad. By the way, call the hotline about.
Speaker 2: That buy over indulgence.
Speaker 4: Guess what, he's gonna need money somewhere, and he's gonna go down to the neighbors and the and the people. And it's a ripple effect when you're out of control somebody. If that means that the government can help in terms of like this check ins or you know with your kids, you do you do in home check ins and visits and things like that, there needs to be somebody that can help someone otherwise that person is just going to be wild in the streets.
Speaker 1: So you should out. We will people to deal with that themselves, even if it's not somebody else. I understand. Five point three seven four nine, eight hundred The big one. Listen, I know it's Thanksgiving and you want to RELI.
Speaker 2: And I are fighting like, no, we're really not.
Speaker 1: But it is that we just need food now in the space and a couple of drinks and then we'd really get the way.
Speaker 2: That's Thanksgiving absolutely.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred The Big when you can talk back the iHeartRadio app. I got the exta feed running at Sterling Radio. You can catch us there Sterling dot donnad dot twenty twenty three on the Instagram, which I think had us with the Christmas tree photos and some other stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did one today too.
Speaker 4: Can I just quick tell you remember I googled the iChat ept'd and when the last time the Bengals played. Last time the Bengals played, and that was on the one Giving on Thanksgiving was November twenty fifth, twenty ten, and they played the Jets and lost twenty six to ten. But that was the only Thanksgiving Day they've ever played until today.
Speaker 1: It's a monumental experience.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal. And we got Joe burrowback, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see how it goes. He's geeked up to play. Hopefully that toad will do him right, that line will protect him and they'll go at it and a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people betting on the games, yeah, will exactly.
Speaker 1: So what about this? Should the government then say, you what, no parlays or any other particular method or manner in which to put money on the line in wager. Should it be up to the state. I thought we voted though, but you know what, they did the same thing with the legal weed there you like, you know what, Yes, we don't really think you the public are capable of making decisions for yourself. We're thankful that you're taking part in the process. Know better.
Speaker 2: There today.
Speaker 1: I just I that's that's the thing, you know. And I like to throw some money around here or there on occasion. I don't think I have a problem with it, uh, but I try to keep it in check. And if I were to get out of control and you know, give away all my money in that situation, then then it's unfortunate. But that's my choice. Whether if I wanted to go buy frozen pizzas and fill the you know, the freezer in the garage and in the house, and I just wanted to sit there and be a glutton and just pound pizzas.
Speaker 4: And so what do we do with someone like you? As in society? What do we do?
Speaker 1: People have been trying to figure that out for years? What do they? Then I become a cautionarytail and a statistic and then you go, don't be like that guy.
Speaker 4: But then you're gonna be on government services, and you're gonna not have a family, and you're gonna still be addicted to gambling, and you won't have a job because you won't.
Speaker 1: Have America it's your choice. Then you get it together. You see, Tony, our.
Speaker 2: Problem, that's what I'm saying. Eventually it will be all of our problem.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 4: Uh so government's going to be in it no matter what. Wow, that's what I what you're saying. You did go to that place, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Let's get Mike and then ed was Sterling and Donnade on this Thanksgiving Glad you're listening to being a part of the show. We're grateful for you being here. Mike, what do you think is the government responsible for protecting us from ourselves with our wagers that they find to be maybe a little bit too much, or is done all right that somebody has to save us?
Speaker 8: No, I don't think the government should any say so. It's micromanagement and that's uh, that's you know, they there's ridiculous, there's they don't they may step there and have recovery programs like it. You know, like you said, you know you care how many pizza's gut in the fridge?
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So so you're saying it's much you agree with Sterling.
Speaker 8: That's I'm all the way, King Sterling.
Speaker 2: There one of them.
Speaker 4: There, there's gonna be there's gonna be a point where If that's the case, eventually someone will step in anyway, don't.
Speaker 8: You agree, Well, you know then that's going to be the people that need to step That could be family, it could be somebody that he knows, some money import to him, somebody that you know, some type of intervention type thing. Not not the government saying that, you know, hey, what are you doing. You're spending your money the way We don't want you to spend your money like, you know what, just this is my money. I'm spending how I want to spend it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and keep the giblets out of the stuff. That's all I'm saying. You got you got a favorite side item mind, or maybe you're a fan of the giblet. I don't get the giblet.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm kind of a fan of the pizza. There's a little one dollar thirty minute pizza.
Speaker 1: Those are great, they are, they really are. I'm telling you, you just made me smile. I was so excited about that, Mike. I appreciate the call. Man. Thank you all. R Let's get to ed talking about freedom and liberty and a government overreach on this Thanksgiving unthankful day care. But who was the government to tell you you or me Ed or Donna de for that matter, or are Willie who we're filling in for this Thanksgiving Day, And we certainly appreciate his guidance, but you know, just say you can't bet on this or you can't bet on that because it's just too volatile. When you're you're a loser, who is the government to tell you?
Speaker 13: I agree, the government needs to get out of the way. However, the wine was specifically talking about prop bets, right, and the two Guardian pitchers come to mind, because they were making money. Somebody was making money off them throwing bad pitches. But yeah, the government just needs to just check out. I get where the wine coming from.
Speaker 3: But is that an overreachion?
Speaker 1: I think it's too intrusive. I mean, I understand they may think the parlay doesn't do well for you, but if somebody want to bet, wants to bet on the most you know, weird things put together in a parlay scenario, it's not necessarily the smartest bed for them. But again it's choice.
Speaker 4: I do agree with Ed because the prop bets are the ones where they're seeing the illegal weirdness. Yes, and and and and and get betting on you know, those types of things illegal betting and things like that.
Speaker 2: So I get that as much.
Speaker 1: So do you think there should be any limit on that? I mean, just you're okay with maybe them pulling out the parlay is an option or I just wonder where it stops. I mean, it's not like we're betting on like, you know, homeless people fighting like bum fights. That would be abusive of the homeless. It's not like we're you know, trying you throwing food out to the home the homeless and the hungary and seeing them battle for some stuffing in turkey legs. That that would be abusive and morally bankrupt and wrong. But if I want to give my money away by wagering, it's America. Let me just do what I wanted.
Speaker 13: Well, the thing is is, you know, with the MLB, it's it's you know, they've already proven to be losers. Go back to the black socks and be has already been busted before with the bad reps.
Speaker 3: And what have you.
Speaker 13: Guy you know saying I'm coming up lame. I got my ten points in or less, and somebody's gonna make money off me. But the NFL, I think, is a little different because those guys, they go out there to want to win the Super Bowl. They go out there put their bodies on the line every week to do what they love to do, and I just I think NFL is a little different.
Speaker 1: It might be, you know, I think all those guys maybe want to win and appreciate to call me a happy Thanksgiving. But I mean, whether it's the app on my phone that's legal, or it's the guy in the neighborhood or somebody else that you have like an account with who may not be above board but will take that parlay bet, it's going to be happening anyway. It's just not as easy in quick turnaround as it is in your hand or on your wrist or in your tablet or something like that. I get that part of it, But what do you do.
Speaker 4: You don't make it so easy to bet on those bets. That's why you don't make it that. Don't make it a little bit harder.
Speaker 1: I mean, you want to talk about gambling, gambling and there's all kinds of weird manipulation and everything that goes with that, and you start talking about bitcoin and the evaluations with that and currency just in general, it's just a different type of gambling. Yeah, hanging on, Josh, we'll get you in just a minute to come. We got time with it, four or five, No, we got we gotta stop, Yeah, we gotta stop. We gotta take care of some things. It's sterling a Donna d and for our Willie on a Thanksgiving. We appreciate you being here. Hopefully you're enjoying your day in a safe travel situation. A lot more conversation including James or Peen talking Bengals Ravens later Josh as first, we'll come back. Should they outlaw the betting of the parlay or otherwise, who is Governor DeWine or any other government type person to tell you me, Donna, Willie Lance or even Sloany not to throw their money around. It's seven hundred WLW fir glad you're a long, beautiful Thanksgiving Turkey day in the Tri State. For Willie, it's sterling and Donna Dee are Bill Cunningham and joying a nice day off as there are a lot of other people leam working with us. Jack Crumley with news. You know what's hard is we've been breaking right before the news and then he's doing news. So we can't really have ask him, you know, hey, do you want to come talk about the movies and stuff with us? So we have to figure out how to do that before you go. It's short order or next time.
Speaker 2: Well, I wanted Jack to come on.
Speaker 4: They've got like this really cool event they're doing Jacket, And.
Speaker 1: Then what happens if he doesn't come? You want me to do it, I'm gonna do it. I could call and we could do it on the air. I don't know if he's listening and the other he's gathering news.
Speaker 4: He is working just like we are today, just like many people are today, from flight attendance to airport people, a lot of transportation, bus.
Speaker 1: Drivers, ubers and lifts and convenience stores, gas stations, first responders, a cousin who's doing that right now. Hopefully he's bored. That's the good thing. You don't want the first responders to be like so busy that they can't relax. You want him at the firehouse or wherever they are, getting fat and sassy with good food, and then when you need them, they'll be there, not hopped up on the or doped up on the trip to fan. That's the thing that people get with the turkey, is that they get like the sleepies? Yeah, or I don't know, I've never said that. You never heard of anyone say the sleepiest's weird? It really was, I clearly am not right. Let's get to Fairfield. Josh has been holding for a while. Joshua was sterling in DNA DA on this Thanksgiving. Appreciate you being here. What were you calling about it? Because you've been you stretched through two different things, whether we're talking about the gambling and the governor wanting to keep us from being able to make bets on our own choice or maybe side items or what what do you got going?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 14: First off, happy banksgiving guyssgiving nice dumb, fat and happy on turkeys.
Speaker 5: And I don't know.
Speaker 14: I don't think that the government should be in our business as far as who's gambling, who's doing what? But I see the issue as more of an accessibility issue because if you really think about it, back in the like I'm forty three, but back in the eight these, the nineties, even the two thousands, up until two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine, if you really think about it, online gambling wasn't an accessible thing. You had to go to a casino, you had to go to a horse racing track, You had to physically.
Speaker 1: Go to these things.
Speaker 14: But now with smartphones and technology, you can literally just gamble from your house and never have to leave and never.
Speaker 1: Have to do anything.
Speaker 12: So I think, yeah, I mean, it can be a miracle, but it's a double edged sword. I think of how many parents have gotten so angry at a kids or have lost so much money because they get on their phone and download a game and then start clicking and game buys that they have to take, and.
Speaker 14: Then the mom's out six seven hundred dollars. So I mean, the system is set up, the algorithms are set up to maybe I want more, I want more, I want more. But when you have that so accessible, that's the only regulatory thing that I think would need to happen is how is it accessible and how that will affect someone having the ability to waste their money on it, Because if you have to go to a track, if you have to go to a casino, you have to physically put the effort in to do it, and I think a lot of people, unless you're seriously addicted, won't go down that road because it's not accessible. So I can see where the state government is trying to do that.
Speaker 4: Well, Josh, I agree with you, and I think that's where dwine is kind of trying to step in. You know that show six hundred My six hundred pound Life. Have you ever watched that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right, so, yes, the reason why they're getting bigger and bigger people like that are because they can get food delivery.
Speaker 1: I mean if.
Speaker 4: They had to get out and get in the car and shop or you.
Speaker 1: Know that is that's a great analogy.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was a great analogy you were saying.
Speaker 14: If you think about it, like, it's the same thing. You're getting the food delivered, you're getting the gambling delivered through your phone.
Speaker 4: It's an addicting behavior and people cannot stop themselves.
Speaker 1: You can be addicted to a lot of things. Listen, if I'm hungry and they will deliver pizza, are you going to say that because I'm above X amount of weight that the delivery in the neighborhood shouldn't bring.
Speaker 13: Me my poes?
Speaker 2: Ridiculous?
Speaker 1: You should cut off my phone or maybe my metabolism is slow. I mean, who are you to judge?
Speaker 2: Judge?
Speaker 1: Appreciate the coming, thank you? So I mean it's Josh right in that sense. I mean, I you're asked you, we're both agreeing. But again, listen, regulation is important survival of the fittest, okay, right, I mean to a certain extent. Isn't that what free markets are? Right? I mean, where are the limits on everything else that you shouldn't? We can only invest in certain things, so you have to have a balanced portfolio because things might go in the tank. No, you're allowed to do that. Nobody gets involved with that, right, So why is it okay for the gambling of that kind but not the other? Because you can I can do all that stuff with any pick an investment house and trade any stock at any time that I want effectively, is long as you've got the funds.
Speaker 2: Right, you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, I can't argue with that point because it's legal gambling. The sock market is for sure, a lot of people are very smart and know how to do it and take longer investments. I mean, you know, so it's not just so immediate in the you know, in the game of today and they all the twenty other parlay you know bets that you can do. Sure, So I mean you can bet on anything now and you can do it today, tomorrow, and sock markets most often longer term and investments hopefully.
Speaker 1: But I have a number of friends that's that's what they I know, even when they're on their other job, they're they're making moves during the day. Donna and Sterling hanging out for our Willie this Thanksgiving. Appreciate you being along. Here's where listen. I don't want to sound cold, callous, indifferent or uncaring for those who have an addiction problem or have someone in their lives that have an addiction problem, whether it's gambling or alcohol or drugs or any other type of thing. But and I'll give you a story that's anecdotal, but I experienced it visiting Vegas before I moved there, which puts it before I moved back here. For those that needing a timeline, I can remember, with a couple of bodies in mind, we had left the hotel that we were staying in and one of us needed to get something. I think it was me, probably unprepared and scattered. I had to run in to get whatever because we were going to go to like the Dam or Red Rock or something to take a break from the wagering and to just enjoy the day. So as we park at the side, I'm going to come into the entrance. There was a beat up station wagon and there was and it was blazing hot, and there's kids in the car. And there was a guy who I held the door open for to go into the casino, and he left it kids behind and went immediately to some of those machines.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So he left his kids in the car parked on the just on the edge there to go wager while I went to grab something out and he was still there when I left pumping money in. One would assume I don't know if he you know, maybe he should have been buying milk or a babysitter for the kids he left outside. And I felt even just thinking about it. I remember it like it was yesterday, and I feel felt sick to my stomach. Then I feel sick to my stomach now thinking about that kid's situation. It wasn't a guy showing up to get his check, to get his money. It wasn't somebody who I left something in the rooms. Even if I was visiting, I wouldn't have left my kids in the car. No, of course, right, just to go grab a ku. Yeah, That is exactly my point.
Speaker 4: He cannot feel good about himself about doing that. There is an overriding addiction that happens in a scenario like that, boiling hot, leaving your kids in the car to go make a bet on you know whatever, table, whatever, slot machine, whatever it is. So sometimes people need help, right, and they appreciate the help when somebody steps in, whether it's the government or a friend or a family member or things like that, because how bad must you be down to leave your kids in the car to go back?
Speaker 1: Still, see, in as much as I am empathetic and sympathized with the situation and was heartbroken about those kids in the scenario that their dad or whoever was providing them care was in that circumstance, I will say the other side of that is it's an unfirst fortunate thing for them. But who am I or who is the governor or other lawmakers to step in to say that that guy who's had bad judgment. Now, maybe they get him for abandoning the kids outside in the heat. Maybe they get him for, you know whatever, not providing proper care in that situation, because that desperation was clearly palpable, you should be doing something else in that place, but freedom of choice. Kids didn't have a choice, But they'll learn hopefully that that's not the way to roll as a grown up. And it's a it's a tough learning situation. But I think there are limits, and then there are limits that should be in place, and this is not I just it's just a shady gray area and I don't know where it stops. They already want to control a whole lot of other stuff. And for you know, I'm a guy who's a conservative, and I understand, you know, I may not approve of how somebody else lives, but again, that's their life, that's their world. Unless they're making a dangerous circumstance for the general population. I just or they're crossing a line and abuse in another. I just don't think anybody has the right to get involved. Family, friends, clergy, whatever. Somebody can come in and say, look, we're going to have an intervention. But I don't think I need Daddy to whine, or you know, the President Trump or anyone else in that office to tell you me or anybody else. It's no different as far as I'm concerned, whether it's legal weed or otherwise. Handle your business until you're a problem for the general population. It's not ours, that's just me. I mean is that?
Speaker 4: I mean I just because it becomes a very slippery slope. No, I understand the argument I do. I mean, if listen, I don't. I mind my own business most often. But if I walk past someone who's beating an animal or a child, I'm gonna step in.
Speaker 2: When you see something, say something, so you know, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like it's it's somewhat of our societal obligation to help people that are that down.
Speaker 1: Where do you draw the line is that then you go to the heavy The person who has a weight problem, could be glandular, could be depression, could be whatever else they need help clearly, right, so then the government should limit what food they buy or how often they get into the refrigerator to get that food.
Speaker 4: I don't think having restrictions on, you know, what what people buy. If you're getting free food from the government, right, well, yeah, you got to have.
Speaker 2: A certain amount of fruitilities they think that would.
Speaker 1: Be a really good So if you're getting help in assistance from we the people, then there should be some limits obviously into what you can purchase or not purchase. In that situation, you get that, right, yeah, right, And then some people go, well, how are they going to learn to live if they're not getting, you know, the option to make those choices.
Speaker 4: I hear what you're saying, but you can't buy alcohol and smokes and all that stuff. You have to buy food, and hopefully they'll make good choices for that and their family and stuff.
Speaker 2: And there's nothing wrong.
Speaker 4: I think it's important to, you know, help people when they need it. Yeah, but it's also good to give some tough love too and say hey, you shouldn't be you shouldn't be spending all this money. I mean, they flag, that's what's really good. We had the interview with the guy from sportsbook. I can't it was a while ago, but they flag when stuff goes over it, when stuff goes over the top. And I thought that was really really important thing to discuss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you want to keep a customer for a long time, right, I mean it's like a drug dealer in another way. And I'm not mixing metaphors, but I am in that situation. I've never understood why you would put a poison in a drug that you're trying to sell. You want to keep that customer for a long time, not kill the customer, right, You want that customer to keep coming back, putting money on the line. And that's they build those big casinos, those big facilities and everything else. Not because people are winning all the time, but because you're making a donation and it's an entertainment expense.
Speaker 2: That's right. Most people consider it that way. I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'll take five hundred bucks and whatever I lose, it's gone.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're betting for your rent, if you're wagering for your the food or shoes or you know, in lieu of time.
Speaker 4: For a job, and that's how you make your money, that's going to be very stressful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I mean again, that was the dream when all that that hold them stuff was all over the TV some ten, fifteen, twenty years ago, when that first stuff started. I mean me and my friends, a whole lot of us started playing a whole lot of cards, and you started getting illusional, thinking, ah, this is my life. Yeah, I'm doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then then in my case, I went out there and I was like, I don't know enough.
Speaker 2: I'm never gonna make a million dollars.
Speaker 1: On this there might be easier just to hit pole.
Speaker 2: Exactly what put a dollar in take your chances.
Speaker 1: It's tough. Five one, three, seven, four nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. Look, we're glad you're along. We're thankful that you're here, and we know there's it can be a whole lot of stress. So hopefully you're enjoying the meal, maybe some fellowship. If you're working, we appreciate you being out there doing it just like us. We're on the job. As much as this isn't work, really, I mean this is fun hanging out. No, and I think I'm how long do we have one minute? Well, wait and take a break and we'll come back here before news.
Speaker 2: Well I'll be.
Speaker 4: Out because I got a head anyway, Yes, I'll come back then.
Speaker 1: If we're doing it, well, do whatever you want to do. You're the boss, so we can hang out anyway. It was take a break, we'll come back more Sterling down a D seven hundred wl Oh. Yes here we are just after two two oh seven and fifty six seconds right now for our Willie Bill Cyningham enjoying a nice Thanksgiving day. To be grateful, to be thankful, as Sterling Keeving the seat. Donnade has checked out. I rolled till four moegar after that conversation with James Rapine talking who day Bengals Ravens Primetime Game three of this huge platter filled chicken turkey ham. It's mostly turkey for a lot of people. Time in a feast with friends and family. Is They're playing in Detroit Green Bay leading ten to seven over those Lions, Dallas of playing a bit later Bengals Ravens in Charms City or Baltimore, Land of crabcakes, soft shell crabs and duck pin bowling. Though we have that here, that's the first time I'd ever seen it or done that was in Baltimore years ago. Hopefully you're having a safe time whatever. You're doing a good time with very little family dysfunction, getting along, driving safely from place to place, or maybe staying there or whatever. I had somebody message me earlier said, and I don't know, I can't determine if it's legit or if it's somebody just playing or whatever. They said that they have two separate kind of like Thanksgiving things. I'm paraphrasing because one of their kids is afraid of the bird, afraid of the turkey, which apparently is a legit disorder, which I'll get into in a little bit. I had a problem about that circumstance when I was probably about five or six, But it was not because I was wanting to be necessarily vegan or vegetarian, or I was a fan and friend with the bird. But I look back on it, and as I try to make sense of it, and as it was explained to me, I had not put together what a lot of people try to deliberately separate, which is that the bird is what ends up on the plate that tastes so good. Right, So my mother had people over at the house and had cornish game hens and not for Thanksgiving, but like leading up to it, which is basically like a pigmy chicken, just a smaller bird. And I freaked out. I was disturbed and the twisted not quite fully functional thinking it through sterling brain at the time. Why and the third person, I say it, I have no idea. I was traumatized by the idea that they took those little baby cornish game hens down before they had a chance to grow up to be a healthy, fat, plumped up turkey. And that shook me because I thought it was a baby bird rather than a full grown bird, when really it was just a bird that didn't grow as big as the other birds do, and it was slow the day that it ended up on the plate at my house and prepared by my mom. So what I'm wondering is what is it that you have an aversion to or stay away from, because it's not just me, though it may be a different mindset to sort of go along with that. I'm wondering, are you a turkey person, a hand person? What other ends we could talk side items? There's certainly the leftover scenario that goes along with it, and getting around. I'm all about visiting other people's houses. I remember it was a big deal. My mother would get all nervous and concerned my aunt about making everything perfect for everyone coming over. This is really it should be, in some ways, maybe the most relaxed and laid back holiday in that we're all thankful. We're all grateful for the life that we have, the friends that we have, the family that we have, the life that we share. And hopefully you know you're doing it with the people that you care about right now and enjoying it. But I just don't see the need even as a kid. Why there was such a stress factor involved in it. If it's not exactly perfect, made to order for TV, you know, or movie realm, that's okay. You're hanging out with people you care about, friends giving or otherwise, it's the way it goes. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. I'm wondering a bird person not a bird person? How do you separate? Do you keep the kids separate? We had a kid's table for a while, which I was put at seemingly way longer than I thought before I moved to the grown up table. The conversation at times was better at the kids table, by the way. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, eight hundred. The Big One. You can talk back, the iHeartRadio apps, get the Mason and Rob was sterling on the Big One. Happy Thanksgiving, appreciate you being here, man, how are you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: And to you also and all the listeners obviously, but I just thought she'd be amused. You know, there's a lot of knuckleheads out there. There is a holiday, and the dummies really come out in my neighbor who's.
Speaker 10: Not born an American.
Speaker 5: But I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 7: You know, I saw earlier today he had his friar out there is turkey fryar and a nice fresh cocaine. Take problem was it was way back in his garage because you know, it's cold and Wendy, he doesn't want to pay outside.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: See, I don't know what. I don't know about the issue of somebody being from another country, but certainly maybe having that where it's not ventilated. Well, or when I lived in Tennessee and take the back it was New Orleans. The first time I'd ever seen someone deep fry a turkey. I was amazed. However, in the news in New Orleans, where it may or may not have originated, I got to tell you, Rob, there was a guy that is you just described, but did it like in an enclosed porch and caught their house on fire. And I will never forget the lesson learned there, which is, don't do it inside, even if it's got a roof of cover over it.
Speaker 7: Only well, and this knucklehead, yeah, I don't really care where he's from. That's fine as long as he's paying his taxes. But anyway, yeah, I just Cashley mentioned to him. I said, you know, I do have a fire stinguisher and if you happen to want to sit that down near you, I said, but you've got two young boys, and you're probably gonna let them watch because that's so unique that dad's gonna deep fry of turkey for the first time. I said, Oh, by the way, is it a whole turkey? Oh yeah, we just got it this morning.
Speaker 10: All frozen.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, that's all bad. Yeah, don't do that. You get those ice crystals and it hits that that hot grease, bad things happen. Yeah, that's a public service. You're helping people.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to save his two little boys. I don't really care about him all that much.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is a Thanksgiving holiday. You're supposed to care about everybody. You're like, I don't care about the guy, just the kids. It's always about the children. I understand. I get it.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm just I'm just kind of a redneck, I guess. I Finally I called the local fire department and I said, you know, there's not a fire yet. However, could you have somebody come and struckt this neighbor of mine that he lives in a condominium. Now you're not allowed to have open fires on your deck. We don't recommend you cook inside your girls, and could you please consider doing something else, And he basically starts arguing with the fire chief.
Speaker 1: Oh they came by. Oh okay, well that's nice that they swung by, because I don't want to come back later and have it be a cautionary tail in a headline. It's nice that they can.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought we could kind of cut this one off at the beginning, you know, And he finally even fire the fire assistant chief. I don't think the fire chief's working today, hey, he said, Sir, he said, I'm gonna either need to have the police come by and write your citation or you're gonna get what I'm talking about. So finally, you know, now my better hat's all picked off with me because I've upset the neighbors.
Speaker 1: You were trying to help. What I have found is that often my best intentions, every time I try to be nice, it usually turns around and I've screwed something up. So Rob, you're in good company at So there you go.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm an old guy that humanity is not getting any smarter by my observations.
Speaker 1: I tell you sometimes you too, I appreciate it. Rob, thank you, And I'm sure your neighbor and time will think about that and go, hey, I appreciate it. And you got to learn. You got to have a plan and get it together. That's why it's good to visit other people's house and they can deal with it and you can leave before the problems start. To Georgetown, enjoy happy Thanksgiving. It's good to talk to you on seven hundred WLW as we sit in here for Willie.
Speaker 11: It was us good to talk to you when you was talking about chickens and turkeys. I do not like anything that has feathers on it. I'm eighty seven years old and when I was three, I had a pet chicken and I would run around in the backyard and play with that chicken. And one Sunday afternoon we all I had an older brother and an older sister and we said it dinner table, and my sister said, oh, is that chicken? And my mother said, yes, she had killed my chicken.
Speaker 1: Oh no, wanted me to have it for dinner.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's a hard lesson, isn't it. That's child so ever, since then you're against the bird. You don't want to eat the bird. Because you fell in love and care and you have an understanding that it was eating. So you're a fan of the bird. Yes, so you never eat any chicken. No tenders, no nuggets, no breasts, no legs, no thighs, nothing, no.
Speaker 2: Bird nothing, no birds.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's so. Do you have ham? Are you okay with the hog?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yes, we like ham. But we're having roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, nice noodles, coleslaw, punkin pie, and cherry cheesecake.
Speaker 1: Man, it sounds like you're living right, Joy, I'm telling you that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: I was concerned that you had a phobia, which is or a phobia ornithhobophobia, I believe is how it's pronounced, is in fact a fear of birds, worrying about them attacking. My buddy Brad used to have that, but birds would seek him out. I understand it. You actually care and love the bird you were. You want the birds to live long and prosper.
Speaker 11: Oh yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Well I appreciate that, and the birds love you too. Joy. We love you have yourself a great thanksgiving. I appreciate your reaching out and enjoy that roast beef.
Speaker 11: You too, But don't you eat too much turkey now.
Speaker 1: I'll try not to. I'll wait till I get home, otherwise I'll uh. I know the trip to fan will get you. So that's what you get. You get the sleepies, as some people say, sometimes it's just after you you know, you have a couple of cocktails. This is a big cocktail day. Last night, biggest night out, big bar night, big restroom night leading into Thanksgiving, and of course Black Friday sales seemingly been going on forever. How times have changed, you know, about five ten, probably closer to ten years ago. I remember that people. In fact, Kevin Carr, who Abaha on the show Tomorrow Night talking movies, fat guys at the movies and the silver gecko there on the sub stack. He and I used to talk about it and he would regularly be in line out and about looking to get Black Friday deals as well, the Guida deal. Dev Shapiro, who I have on the show on talking about it. He used to do the same thing at camp out, like outside of like trying stores or whatever else. Times have changed. He'd wait for the circulars and get those and all the other stuff that sort of goes along with that, But yeah, not necessarily quite the same world it was before I knew people that would be waiting in line already through Thanksgiving and have the feast outside with the tent and maybe a portable heater and all the other stuff that goes along with it. Let's get one more in here before the break to Batavian Rocky. But I don't think it's our Rocky. It is our Rocky because he's listening and being a part of the show. But not mister boyman, what's up, rock How are you?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I want to talk to you about the last call or wuldn't anything was said? Yes, I was four years old, grew up with a farm. I had two pet geese. Oh they were big ones, and one year Dad cut them up and served them up for dinner. And ever since then, I have not been able to eat dark meat, but I love anything with white meat on it. Turkey, breast, chicken, breast. I mean this, I just eat the crap hour. But so, I don't know how. I guess anybody can have a phobia for something, but killing a duck or a chicken is not my phobia.
Speaker 1: I totally understand it, right, I will I will tell you years ago, and this probably lets a little of the country out in me. Some of my family friend type then growing up, they had what they have, chickens they'd raise, and then they'd have what they called a chicken plucking party, and people would come over and it was a mass extinction situation for their birds. And I remember being a tiny sterling, and I was somewhat traumatized by it, but I had grown beyond the Cornish hen trauma, and and I chased one of these poor chickens. It was running literally for its life through like a thistle bush, at which point it became a personal vendetta for me because I went, I was young and dumb. I went into the thistle bush, I chased that chicken down, I killed that chicken. I plucked that chicken. I cleaned that chicken, and I ate a whole bunch of that chicken that night. And it really, as I say it, I think that probably sounds pretty barbaric and harsh to somebody, but that's about as pure as anything other than getting it, you know, already vacuum packed in a bag with the giblets outside.
Speaker 10: So all my dad raised around two hundred chickens and every Sunday it was my job to go out and kill a couple yep. And it was just good eating it is it really is.
Speaker 1: I love chicken, but uh, I'd never had a personal and even as I just told that story, I kind of went and I feel bad, like, I mean, it should never be a personal like thing, although it's quite personal for the bird obviously.
Speaker 10: Quite possibly. Yeah, I would say, did you cut it snack off? Or did you ring it snack?
Speaker 1: I think I started to try to cut it and cutn't And then they showed me what I needed to do to ring it, and yeah it's And I know there are kids maybe in the car now, and that I hope we haven't caused more trauma. I want to be a part of the solution, not the problem. I don't want to hurt our Willie and his ratings, and I don't want to hurt the people. I'm here to help, you know, Rocky, That's what I'm here to do.
Speaker 10: Well. I remember when I would used to kill a chicken. I would just pick it up, blatten down on a stump, yep, and I cut its head off. And as soon as you cut their heads off, you get gone real quick, yep, because they start flopping and you'll get blood all over you.
Speaker 1: And they do run, they do run. This has gotten too graphic. I'm sure I'm going to get a call. I'm going to get an email. I'll get a text that we don't want to This is supposed to be good times, wholesome times. We love the chickens, we love the birds alive and cook it up real nicely. Rocket. I appreciate the call me and I hope you have a good Thanksgiving. What's your favorite side item before we let you.
Speaker 5: Bounce or sure gress?
Speaker 1: Oh my grandma used to make oyster dressing. I love that scalloped oysters. Rocky, take care of yourself, man. Thank you for listening to me a part of.
Speaker 10: The show, your program, And I hope I find somebody else out there that have some comments on chickens.
Speaker 1: There you go, chickens good or a swine? This is great. Frank, you got about two and a half minutes. What do you have? Happy Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 8: Frank?
Speaker 3: Thanks you, Hey, happy Thanksgiving. He might's gonna slide off to a little different farm an a little bit. Yeah, I've done everything on the chicken ring A neck, all that let it.
Speaker 1: Run around the yard and all that chase him down. You gotta get them and you cook them up absolutely. Now the screen says, pig story, you have a swine story.
Speaker 9: No, but we grew up a pig that was kicked out from a large letter of big sala.
Speaker 3: We named it George.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Once he got up to three hundred and fifty pounds, it kept jumping on a car because it slept with the dogs.
Speaker 8: Yep, and it thought it was a dog.
Speaker 1: That they are amazing and smart. But that that is a big, big hog. And yeah, that's a whole nother thing. I gotta let you bounce on that. I'll just tell you this. My friends have a pig named Larry. He has a hog door. He comes in and out as he wants, I kid you not. And he has like a litter box, I guess a swine box. But he likes to go out and he goes out at will. But he likes he has a We had chops. They invited me over. I thought this was in poor taste. They invited me over had pork chops. And that hog would lean against your stool and on you to rub the scratch and he would just look up at you and he acted like he wanted what you were eating, which I thought was barbaric. I don't think that Larry the Hog really wanted to eat pork chops, but I'm still conflicted about that. You're two or two thirty report coming straight away the news and then conversation with James Rapeen about Bengals Ravens. They play tonight Thanksgiving prime time Nation Station where the Hoode play seven hundred WLW. Well, it's a Turkey day, Lots to be grateful for, lots to be thankful for. There is no question Sterling hanging out Bengals on the road, Charms City, some call it Baltimore. There's a tea, it's Baltimore. Who knew Land of crabcake, soft shell, crab, Ravens and well used to used to be the Colts. But let's not go there. James Rapine hanging out on a fine Turkey day. Are you a starcheres guy or are you more of a protein man? Or are you all about like the cranberries.
Speaker 5: Everything but the cranberries. I don't go out of my way for the cranberries. Cranberry and vodka. You could twist my arm. But yeah, I think anything pies anything starts in anything protein.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, it's a good thing. I'm feeling quite bloated already. The preparation has already been tough. I've gone through two pies in the last two weeks, and mostly by myself. But I digress, and I know that's not why you're here, and I'll have more later. And do you use like the cool whip? Do you use the whipped cream on your pies? Are you a sweet potato or a pumpkin pie guy? Before we get to Bengals.
Speaker 5: Talk, Oh pumpkin pie, come on, come.
Speaker 1: On, all right. See I like both. They're they're both very good. But there is a distinct love hate thing. People are all one or the other. I'm like an anomaly, which is maybe not surprising.
Speaker 5: I don't hate sweet potato pie, but if it's like a good version of this versus a good version of that pumpkin pie clears it for me. Maybe it's just me, you know, the underrated one.
Speaker 1: No pecan pie. Pecan Yeah, now see, I don't see. I don't understand the there's the pecan pie, then there's the mince pan pie. Then there's a rhubarb pie, which I don't even it kind of looks like celery at least by shape, but it's not and I don't know what I don't know what that is. And as a kid, I was scared to mince meat because I I was like, there's already meat on the table, Why do I want more in a pie form?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's fair, I didn't say, I said. For college.
Speaker 1: I like your response, You're like, that's fair. You're like, I don't even know what to say to that. You've not grown out of a problem.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not eating it. Put it that way, I don't. I don't think. I don't foresee that being something that I'm going to consume today.
Speaker 1: No, here's the question. Here are the Bengals swollen bloated? Do they eat a feast before or eat after? How does that work? When they I mean, is a kid growing up, it was always the Lions. It seemed like the Cowboys, the Packers were always playing these Thanksgiving Day games. Bengals getting some love and Joe Burrow back, that's the biggest gift to be thankful for of all. Of course, if they win, yeah, huge.
Speaker 5: Huge, huge addition, getting Joe Burrow back, and it's going to matter for sure. To your point, I definitely think it's a a Friday thing and you celebrate with your family if you're really sore from your football game on Thursday night and so Friday afternoon, I think that's when the Bengals will celebrate their Thanksgiving. Look, I uh, it doesn't get much bigger than bringing Joe Burrow back. And we talked about this exact scenario a few days ago and Boil BOYD and I think this is what they were gonna do. I wish they would have done it a few days ago, but he's active. We get to see Joe Burrow play football tonight, and what's better than that. There's not many things in the NFL better than watching Joe Burrow play.
Speaker 1: Football, except maybe not just him playing, but connecting with his number one Jamar Chase, who's also back. And so how is that vibe? Has much been said about all of that. I know there was an apology which came after the whole like a blow up for the week. Right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Think this is my opinion. No one's told me this, but I think the Bengals are like, yeah, this this situation, we know who Jamar Chase is and Jalen Ramsey is the world's best agitator and well past his prime. And so we're not gonna let well we're not gonna let one action dictate how we feel about Jamar Chase. And by the way, I don't think the Bengals should and I don't think he should either, And so what tonight is, honestly, it is a chance for Jamar to remind everyone who he is. And that's the best wide receiver in football. And so all those images a couple of weeks back and all that stuff that goes out the window if you go into M and T Bank Stadium and do what he did last year, three touchdowns, two hundred and sixty plus yards. He doesn't even need to do that. But if he has a good game tonight, I think he'll goble to remind everybody who he is.
Speaker 1: Talking to. James Rapine, the book entered the Jungle. It's still available, Yeah, I mean, Black Friday's around the corner. You can feel it, right, I mean, are you printing those in the basement? How does that work?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're ready to go at Cincinnati Bengals book dot Com. The three also Joe Burrow is back and the book is still here.
Speaker 1: Baby, It's a beautiful thing. James Keene with Sterling seven hundred WLW also Cincinnati Bengals talk Lockdown Bengals. He's everywhere Sports Illustrated. So on t Higgins and Trey Henderson, both of those guys not playing, did they make Are they making the trip or is that one of those stay home kind of scenarios on different physical issues for both.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think for Tea, I would be sort of surprised if he made the trip. Maybe he did, I don't know for sure. And part of it is just because it's a concussion, it's a short week and staying back rehabbing it would make sense. And the same thing goes for Trey Hendrickson's Look, they need those guys if they win Thursday there you know, are tonight excuse me, there'll be I'm so used to Thursday versus Sunday. I said Sunday all week.
Speaker 1: Well, it's been a weird week, the whole week and then the short one just a couple of days. Then you got to go from one to Joe to another. There's a lot of stuff to keep track of. James I'm not going to hate on you for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there is. And well, the thing is is last week I was like, well, Joe play Sunday or Thursday, and so I've just kind of categorized him, and now's Thursday, which is tonight. Anyways, I think that it's the stuff. It is. It is Trey Hendrickson. You need it. Like if they handle business tonight, there are going to be people that say, all right, well there's five games left. You go to Buffalo, you go to you welcome Baltimore back, and then it's hell from there, like you could get the nine and eight and that sounds great, but it's going to be really hard to do if you don't have ninety one out there. So t Higgins, obviously, I think things are going to trend, hopefully in the right direction, and maybe he can be back out there for Buffalo. But Trey Hendrickson, we haven't seen him in a month and so they certainly need him back on the.
Speaker 1: Field, no question. Sterling talking to James Ravine Bengals Ravens tonight Thanksgiving, big Turkey legs and a lot of our heads or maybe the oversize the flapper wings. I don't know either, way, a lot of people are going to be paying attention. Kickoff a little bit later six and five. Ravens leading the way in the AFC North, Bengals trying to get a little bit closer somehow to five hundred or whatever. Injuratory situation for Ravens, I mean the Ravens, I mean they're just a game over five hundred, but they're still leading the way. And it's the AFC North. These are always ugly, nasty kind of battles.
Speaker 10: They are.
Speaker 5: And the guy that really hasn't been himself in recent weeks, and I hesitate to mention him because he always crushes the Bengals is Lamar Jackson. You know, he's been listed with a knee, a toe, an ankle, just different injuries, and the national media has certainly mentioned the fact that he just hasn't been the same guy recently, which naturally sterling you look at it and you're like, well, let me show you this Bengals defense. And so that's what I think that the biggest storyline here is when it comes to the Ravens in their health, is where it is Lamar Jackson healthwise, if he's close to one hundred percent and they've just been ineffective on offense. Well, it's going to be a tall task for the Bengals. If Lamar is a bit compromised, well then maybe the Bengals defense can follow up what they did on Sunday with another nice showing. And I was pleased with what they did defensively against the Patriots. They gave the Bengals a chance to win. If they play like that and give the Bengals a chance to win tonight, I will take that all day long. And I think Joe Burrow will too.
Speaker 1: It's a long weekend. James Rapeene enter the Jungle of the book, Cincinnati Bengals talk, YouTube, everywhere else locked on Bengals, Sterling, Big One, Bengals, Ravens, Tonight, injuries. I mean, everybody's dinged up at this point, aside from the ones we've already talked about. With this battle, what do you see? I mean, if they can have a good showing tonight, if Burrow can stay healthy. And I got some hate because I mentioned that whole Christmas story for Glay Lamp thing talking about Burrow, But you know the truth is the truth is we look at this. I mean, this is a way to give hope to help the fan base. But again I don't mean to be the profit of doom. But unless there's something catastrophic that happens with everybody in front of the Bengals, this is still sort of a pride circumstance more than we're going to get to the playoffs this season. Yes, well, you.
Speaker 5: Got to win six straight, and so if you do that, I think they're going to be in pretty good position where you know, if you look at some of these playoff trackers, if you go six and now, you probably three fourths of the time seventy five percent of the time you get into the playoffs. And so considering they're three and eight, you take those chances all day long. And I will point out that they control some of their own destiny from a they can beat up on the Ravens. They blew the chance a couple of weeks ago to sweep the Steelers. But if you sweep the Ravens, the Ravens probably aren't winning the division. You could cost them the AFC North and either hind it to Pittsburgh get yourself right back in it. And so the Bengals still they don't control their own destiny. But it's still close enough. Now most people listening are gonna say, well, there's no way in hell, James, that they're gonna win six straight, and that's fine. They probably won't, but if they did, they would be in a pretty good spot and could be playing for more than pride come to January. But again, it does feel far fetched fairly, and they've lost eight of nine games without Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: Listen, I have lived better through lowered expectations for most of my career as a human, James Rapine. So you know, when I'm looking at as a Bengals fan, it just fits in tuck as being a born and bred Bengals fan. So I just try to look through it. I'm always hopeful it's a nicety idea of maybe ruining a raven season, maybe a surprise the world, maybe strength and wins along. We'll see how it goes. Anything else before we let you go to handle a stuffed turkey day Thanksgiving James Raupine family, good Time, Thursday night Thanksgiving, Bengals Ravens Football Thursday, Idly, anything out, I don't think no.
Speaker 5: Well, I think the last thing is is the one reason why this Bengals offense has been so good over the past six games, five and a half games, but close to six games. When they've been good, they've been able to run the ball. Yeah, and Chase Brown has had one hundred plus yards from scrimmage in five straight games. And so him doing that again, him being involved off taking pressure off of Joe Burrow and running. He averaged five point six yards of carry last week. Doing that would be big for this offense. And so that's not key number one. Protect Burrow is always key number one, but key number two on offense is making sure Chase Brown has an effective bag.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's been nice to sort of have him shut people up a little bit about his productivity and not being there. We've seen him grow a good bit over the last two seasons. It's been pretty fun. So hopefully they can gel and get it going tonight. Thank you for making time. I am thankful and grateful to know you to loosely use the term friend, and you certainly are a friend of the show as well, So thank you for making time. And hopefully Bengals win tonight. We'll see how it goes later on.
Speaker 5: Likewise, Sterling, Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Happy Thanks, Yeah you too, man, just stay away from the canned cranberries, you know what I mean, the ones that come out with it. It's true. It reminds me as a little kid and flop out onto the table that jiggle a little bit and not in a good way, and then you slice it off a little bit and you get a spoon. It's just I want it real cranberries, cook down and arguably a little booze in it, which I may or may not have already had.
Speaker 5: There you go, I'm down for the booze. I'll get some after the game.
Speaker 1: That'll be a clip. That's a cut for you. James Rapene is down with the booze. Cincinnati's Bengals talk certainly, Bengals Ravens tonight, James re Peen, Thank you more. Sterling, coming back here Home of the Hood, Day seven hundred WLW basted right, Brian deep Fried. Maybe put in the broiler. I'm not quite sure how you do it. Maybe you have a turkey roll, maybe you had the toe furky. I'm not sure how you're living. Hopefully you're living well, living right, Sterling, hanging out our man Bill Cunningham with the day off the Spine. Turkey Day hopefully of Thanksgiving Day a goodwin for you wherever you ar and whatever you're doing. I decided because you know, AI is our future, because AI is supposed to be our friend.
Speaker 11: AI.
Speaker 1: They say in ten to twenty years Elon Musk, a guy who knows just a little bit about technology, he says, work will become most likely for most of us optional we'll have a choice because the AI will do so much. So I thought i would take a look here because a friend of mine just recently was like having a party. They're like, I want to have some conversation topics in preparation for the get together, and I'm like, okay, what do you want me to do for you? And they were floating ideas asking me and what they had done is they'd us AI by asking about questions to ask so and some of them were in, some of them were not. But I mean, you know, you try to keep it light hearted, you try to keep it fun. So with the help of AI, and some of these may work, some of these may not. I'm going to open up the phones, give you a chance to sound off well, hopefully have some fun. And you know, I don't think we're going to solve all the world's problems. They might cause a few, hopefully have a good time five one, three, seven, four ninety seven, eight hundred the big one. First, if you're working, I appreciate you out there doing what you do, first responders or emergency room, gas stations, whatever restaurants, you name it, whatever you're doing, I'd love to hear from you on how the day's going. Hopefully people are treating you right that you're encountering. There's certainly a lot of nurses and doctors, a lot of people doing lots of different things, a lot of hotels and hospitality also a part of that. So here's one question that pops up first on the list here, which I think is interesting. It says, if you could invite any historical figure to Thanksgiving, who would it be? Okay, I mean, I wouldn't mind having a Thanksgiving with, say, the President of the United States, anyone, whether it's President Trump, any of the past. I think Lincoln would be great. I would like to have a and this isn't a side. I think it would be interesting to have a conversation. And this has it on there and I never mentioned it, but apparently the AI thinks like I do. Sometimes or maybe I do. Like the AI it says, if a turkey could talk, what would it say to us right now? If a turkey could talk to us right now, you think, God, I miss this holiday. They got my friends, but I might not escape till next year or maybe Christmas time possibly. I don't know for sure. I'm not sure what a turkey would say. But if they're still here and not on a plate in pieces and parts, or in an oven or in a friar at this point and it's speaking, I think it's probably going to say, what a good day of this is. I'm thankful to still be around my guess, my observation or hallucination, what do you think a turkey would say? I mean, if it's on the table in speaking, it's not done yet. I think that's a dead giveaway. And it's a totally different type of Thanksgiving that you might actually be dealing with that particular situation in time. I mentioned the traveling aspect of Thanksgiving. So what I'm wondering is this because I mentioned, you know, having Christmas time and other holidays at the beach, you know, sort of destination thing. I've had it when I was living in other places, and it was always odd because I want what I'm just doing this job innately. You often work a lot of holidays, and when you know, I had to leave here to go to other places for gainful employment, like I went to work in New Orleans, I was in Las Vegas and so on. So when you're away like that, your your circle of friends and your support. I mean, it is a friends giving kind of scenario, whether you're working or not, because that becomes sort of like your satellite family situation. And a lot of jobs, not necessarily all of them, but at least the ones I've been lucky enough to take part in, and even sometimes where I've worked. It didn't happen here this year, but working other holidays, they have made sure that people would you know, taken care of with like some type of throwdown meal, a situation or whatever, which has been pretty nice as well. If I could be anywhere to spend a Thanksgiving somewhere someday, I think it'd be nice, probably just generally closer to the equator, someplace warmer, but I think anywhere where there's family and friends where you can spend some time and have some togetherness and enjoy a meal together. I think every day probably is kind of like a Thanksgiving or could be, or maybe arguably should be five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred. The Big one your chance to get interactive. If you're streaming and talk back, click that microphone on mic deal on the iHeartRadio app and you can leave a message that way as well. I realize that holidays can be contentious in conversation situations. There are some movies that have sort of shown the oddities and the rarities or weirdness that can in fact take place in relation to I guess family get togethers in general. It's not just Thanksgiving. It could be a birthday party. It could be Christmas, it could be whatever. Some things maybe are off the table. What I'm wondering is is how do you navigate the conversation? Do you stay away from politics? These are contentious times. I was hoping that things would be better, but in some cases I think they may have been more a hostile In some cases, as time has gone on, maybe healthy conversation is good. But those are some of those things. Sometimes you just poke away and say, you know what, maybe next time or another time. This is one I would hope would be a good time just to get together and not have anything where stuff's going to be divisive or aggravating, frustrating or somehow angering at others. As we have different viewpoints on some basic things, but hopefully all wanting the same thing, which is for us to all, you know, get to the next level, live better, happier, freer, you know, have more options in our lives just in general, and just be thankful and grateful to be here with those around us, and to have the opportunities that we have in this nation compared to others. And certainly a lot of people out and about just hopefully you know, not drinking and driving. Get yourself a ride, get a designated driver. You know, there's a lot of different to places that are offering rides aside from the usual ride share things. Some cases they'll be free. You certainly don't want to be in a situation where the State Patrol, Cincinnati Police, or Erlang or wherever else you happen to be, Mason Montgomery, whatever. In a situation where you know, law enforcement ends up actually being your ride, that usually means that something has gone awrye earlier in your day. Generally the other thing, of course, is a lot of people. They find themselves maybe over consuming in the emergency rooms, and those that are in a first responder mode may also find themselves in situations where the they're having to go take care of some people, and we're glad that they're there. But a lot of times people will over indulge, they may get a little too stressed, and they may need a little help. So a lot of heart attacks, sometimes some strokes, those type of things, and let's hope in a couple of days it's not tomain or food poisoning or whatever else you want to call it. As people have leftovers that may have been left over a little bit too long, or something along those lines that sort of go that way. Somebody sent me this. It says the first president of Partner of Turkey was JFK. John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Yeah, that's right, as I understand it. They decided, as every president has done since it said, we will pardon these two turkeys. Then they usually go to like a petting zoo or I don't know, I don't Usually they're not like wild turkeys, be it the beverage or like I saw along Interstate seventy years ago driving back from out west enter around Saint Louis. I literally nearly drove off the road. I had only seen wild turkeys, which look different and have a little better ability to fly and roost than the commercial turkeys made for consumption outwardly. But it was a whole gaggle or a flock, or a herd or a I don't know what you call them in mass just off to the side of Interstate seventy. I had never seen it. It was like a whole group, a cluster. I'm not sure where they were going. I would have hitched allowed them to hitch a ride, but I was already preoccupied and I had to focus on where I was going and what else I had to do. If you are in fact having a feast today, whether you're alone, which we hope that you're not, but if you are, I understand it could be just another day for you working. I know I have at least one ant that I am hoping to swing by and see after because some plans had changed because there's some sickness in the family, so it's been moved to like a Friday or a Saturday, as I understand it, into some of us working sort of have to, you know, move the day as a result of that. Depending but an average meal, they say, a typical Thanksgiving dinner pack thirty four hundred and eighty calories. That's before my second or third or fourth piece of pie. That's before I'm grazing at the table with the chips and the you know, maybe some pretzels. I do try to be healthy. I try to, you know, like growing up, my mother always had like the fruit and vegetable tray, right, She'd have celery and carrots, and sometimes there be some dip which may or may not be the most healthy, and some random mother items like that, radishes and so forth, and she'd try to you know, make them look all pretty and everything else like that. I would fill up on all those things. But it's just around. If the food is there, I will consume it. And I have been told they're like, well, you're not like a big kid. When I was a kid, I was a little bigger than I am. Now I've gotten smaller over the years. Some of my friends have gotten gone the other way. They get bigger overtime, and then we get we get that big, oversized guide head too as we mature. So I'm trying to keep it together. But people will pack on some pounds seriously over these holidays. So the trick is to probably use that thing that most of us are talk growing up, which is most things are pretty good in moderation, right, So moderation is key. I have a problem with that because I like the turkey when it's fresh. I like a turkey sandwich. I like a turkey pop pie, I like a turkey hot shot. I will often I will just grab the turkey with a piece of cheese and on a sandwich. You can do it super deluxe. This is really what I enjoy the most. You take a good piece of rye bread and you get that and maybe a tiny bit of male and a little bit of turkey and maybe some pepper jack cheese, and then on the other side you get a little bit of the stuffing, maybe even put a little cranberry sauce on there, and then you can heat it up in the pan maybe a little bit, and brown it up a little bit and let that cheese melt. And then you're you're living large. And I'm in a room now with water and coffee and a whole lot of monitors and no food, and now I put myself in a situation where I'm killing myself with the hunger, other stuff to do. Oh, this is nice, Alice in northern Kentucky. That's all, she says. Alice, thank you for reaching out. At Stirling Radio on X says she watched the parade the day the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. She says, family had done. They do it every Thanksgiving. I promised to do it and have not done it in this point yet. I have given stuff away to help in years past. But the Thanksgiving Day race, a whole lot of people doing that, Western and southern ten k or the Chick fil a five K, a lot of kids and all the other stuff. That's a good way to start. And you burn those calories early, then you can eat and have it not be a problem later. I wonder how's your Thanking Thanksgiving? And if you're working, where are you what you're doing and hopefully you're having a going We appreciate you being along, hopefully a soundtrack to a beautiful afternoon getting where you have to go in for our Bill Cunningham on a Thanksgiving Thursday afternoon Sterling five one three seven four nine seven thousand, eight hundred The Big One seven hundred WLW. The soul of our team is back.
Speaker 15: The remarkable Joe Bow.
Speaker 16: With Joe's toe Finally intact, can Burrow bring the Bengals back to their winning ways touchdown the Dolls?
Speaker 5: He's not a heel?
Speaker 14: Or will this Joe share the same fate as the other Joe.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for the latest on seven hundred WLW, Home of the Best Bengals Coupys Indeed sponsored jobs gives your job posting the Ravens in Baltimore tonight. I'm pretty sure that's the second time they've ever played on a Thanksgiving Thursday night, so we'll see how that goes. Right now, what helped bring me to chase my dream of being on the radio for good or bad? Here is a little taste of WKRP in Cincinnati and one of the most memorable things that you could ever imagine in Supposedly, and I don't know if this is true, loosely based on another Ohio radio station in a promotion gone horribly wrong. Liam, Let's check this out. This is now.
Speaker 17: It's not time to go to our live remote Man on the scene at the Pinedale Shopping Mall for the big WKRP Turkey giveaway. So take it away, less nest Man.
Speaker 5: This is less Nessman.
Speaker 15: You're mad on the scene here at the Pinedale Shopping Center where the excitement is mounting. We've here the witness the big w on ne or Rickey Thanksgiving giveaway.
Speaker 5: You got permission to be out here?
Speaker 15: What you're blocking my store here?
Speaker 10: Buddy?
Speaker 5: Don't you know who I am?
Speaker 10: Huh?
Speaker 5: I'm less Nessman.
Speaker 15: I won the Buckeye newsbuck Award last year.
Speaker 5: Good for you, buck Eye.
Speaker 2: Now get out of my doorway.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Creek. So far, so good.
Speaker 16: I'm here one hundreds of people who have gat it to witness what has been described as perhaps the greatest Turkey event in Thanksgiving data. All we know for sure that in a very few moments they're going to be a lot of happy people out here.
Speaker 5: Now the crowd is.
Speaker 15: The crowd is uh, curious, but well behaved. And I think I hear something now, Uh the crowd is moving out into the parking area and oh yes, I can see it now. It's a it's a helicopter and it's coming this way. It's flying something behind it. I can't quite make it out. It's a large banner and it.
Speaker 5: Says, uh, heavy things.
Speaker 15: Killing from wy.
Speaker 2: Hey what a site?
Speaker 4: That is?
Speaker 5: One water site.
Speaker 15: A culter seems to be circling the parking area now, I guess it's looking for a place to land. No, something just came out of the mind of the helicopter. It's a dark object or him's a skydiver, humming tot to the earth from only two thousand feet in the air. The second to the third no hairshutes yet, can't be skydivers.
Speaker 5: I can't judge yet.
Speaker 1: What they are.
Speaker 5: But oh my god, they're talking. I'm going get this.
Speaker 15: Oh they're punching for the earth running.
Speaker 5: I just want you to win. Junial part are.
Speaker 15: Turn's running around pushing each other.
Speaker 5: Oh my jams.
Speaker 15: Oh the humanity people are rumming of bombs of the turkeys are hitting the ground like sets of web samans site. I don't know how much longer the patron is running for their lives. I think I'm going to stem in side. I can't stand here and watch this any moments, you know, I can't go in there preaching for their mothers and they hasn't been anything like that.
Speaker 5: Part a heart.
Speaker 15: I can holdlin division here Johnny.
Speaker 17: Last lastly, you're there lasses from there, Thanks for that on the spot.
Speaker 3: Report last.
Speaker 17: Just tuned in the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with not Turkey tell Them at eleven.
Speaker 1: W KRP in Cincinnati and the Great Turkey Drop. Yeah, we all learned something is a tiny sterling at the time watching that for the first time, I learned that the not all turkeys fly, or at least don't fly that well. And there's a difference between those wild turkeys. Besides the beverage, the consumer bird made to eat one of the best things ever. I find it hard to believe that it would be actually based on something real, but this is a weird real world and who knows. But that's one of those things that every year I wanna watch and give you an earful of and just imagine that circumstance. And here's the best part. Les nessmand there on the scene with his play by play reporting, sounding much like the Hindenburg broadcast, talking about the horrible nature of what happened there, giving you, you know, a bit by bit information as it was occurring. When things were going off the rails and quite sideways. The birds ended up the same way. I suppose that the flight would have been something and no animals, by the way, were hurt in the filming of the or the replaying of that segment of that classic w k RP broadcast in the Turkey drop there just unbelievable. And by the way, everybody went crazy when I was a kid growing up, they loved Lonnie Anderson and her character there, but I was all about Bailey. There was there was something more. I was a Bailey guy. It's sort of like if you look at Gilligan's Island, you were a Merryan guy or you were a Ginger guy, and I was more of a Marianne guy. I don't know why that is, but it's just the you know, the way we were put together, I suppose, just the same. But what a great show. Venus fly Trap, Donnie Fever, Andy Travis, of course, all those just just tremendous, and it really did. And I'm not the only one there. There is a whole generation or more of people who as a result of that show, or news radio or a number of others, not just by listening also, but see that's the thing listening to our Willie or Jim Scott and you know a bird bank in the day, and our man Trumpy who just passed recently, and Lance and all these guys growing up, you know, it gets you. We were with you everywhere you go and whatever you're doing, and we were thankful to have you as a part of this. There needs to be somebody else on the other side of this microphone, out of those earbuds or that speaker or whatever it is, you know, even on the podcast at the iHeartRadio app listening, because we all work in concert and it is a team kind of anaro. So I just want to say that listening to this radio station then ended up working here. I was driven to it because I was inspired by the magic that was happening McConnell, all those guys, and then to have an opportunity to do it. And as a really little kid also watching that WKRP thing. It just resonates today like nobody's business. Just all kinds of crazy, weird fun stuff. Five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred The big one. I'm kind of curious what is your Thanksgiving situation? Are you a fan of the stuffing in the bird or the dressing outside of the bird? Are you like me? Are you an anti giblet person, and I don't think a lot of birds. Now, turkeys may be different than chickens, but depending on where you get them. And some people like to go to like the turkey farm, and then you find yourself a bird and then they process the bird, which you know what that really means. But processing something is a cleaner, more sanitized version of taking care of it. So they butcher it up and then you bring it home and you either brind it or whatever you have to do is just sort of get through it. But I like the bird stuffing in dressing out. The giblets don't come in them all the time. In the cavity, it's usually in a bag. That's what the heart, the liver, the gizzard. Sometimes you get the turkey or chicken neck in there too. But and I mentioned this earlier because it's vivid to me. As a kid, I can recall having like the most anticipation ever to be able to have that big plate made with the mashed potatoes and the dressing or stuffing and the gravy and you know, the pumpkin pie or sweet potatoes or whatever else it is that you're into, and that big pile of turkey and everything on there. But I can recall digging into that and I'm like, what is that. That's a little weird chewy thing in that gravy, or that's a little odd flavor, and you know, it's sort of I don't know when and say gaming. I don't know what the word would have been as a child that I would have come up with. But it can be a little uncomfortable and when you're not expecting it. And my aunt and my mom both would sneak the giblets into that stuff. I'm like, do a little separate on the side. I don't need to eat the inners. I don't need to eat the organ meat, you know what I mean. It's just one of those things. Some people are all about it. Good for you have some do a little butter, a little garlic, whatever makes you happy. I do like the neck cooked upright, It's good. It's like oxtail in a different way. But but it's uh, it's traumatizing though, So maybe maybe I'm not alone. Since you don't see as much of the giblets as you might once used to have done. My guess is that I am probably in the majority who are not exactly A big fan of the pieces in parts stuffed into the bird. You want that out of there, then get the dressing in to sort of go along with it, so you know, just one of those things. I really do hope that your day has been good and we could keep you a little bit of company. It's a short week obviously for a lot of people. Black Friday tomorrow, a lot of shopping already going on. So whatever you're doing, I hope you find what you're looking for. I hope you get a great deal on it. I hope you can treat people like you'd hope to be treated, so people are nice to one another. I'm trying to be nicer. I mean that's my New Year's resolution probably the last five or six years, and it continues to be trying to be a better person, nicer, kinder, friendly, or more relaxed. I have sort of turned into I think the scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off where the dad is driving through the neighborhood and people are driving wild and he's just making his way home and the kids are running through the neighborhood trying to get back to where they're supposed to be, and he's just motoring, minding his own business, taking his time, having a good time, relaxed and no rush and no anger, no irritation or whatever else. I've turned more into that guy than anything else as far as not being in a hurry to go nowhere fast and just allow people a little extra space and a little time, because I don't want to be angry. There's enough going on, at least today, at least maybe hopefully through the holidays. You take a deep breath, you relax and maybe you know, just live a little bit better. There's no need to be all tense and freaked out and everything else. I mean, there's enough going on in the world and it's a little unnerving to say the least. There'll be an update in news obviously about those guardsmen in d C who were a gunned down or shot anyway, they weren't gone down. They're still alive dealing with that, so details on that. More on a Bengals Burrow Chase and Company are man. Moe Egger is coming up next with the pregame sport talk and then a whole lot of hooday. I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving back again tomorrow night. Talking Black Friday deals, weekend movies, eating better, living better, healthy through the New Year, holidays and all as well. That's tomorrow night here, and thanks to Willie for let me sit in and try to and have a good Thanksgiving with you here. Time to stop sterling. Seven hundred WLL Double, Cincinnati,