Speaker 1: How about those dolphins. I woke up yesterday morning with a spring a musty start later, please, I could never know what the day with us Florida. Listen up, the ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key. Demogray super duper. That's nice. Light to go, Nito Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the twenty ninth day of April twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show on a Wednesday morning.
Speaker 3: Here we are.
Speaker 2: Uh if you suffer from allergies like I do, do you want to scratch your eyeballs out?
Speaker 4: Me too.
Speaker 2: Let's make it so you don't want to scratch your earballs out. Let's get this power Trip started. Parker Fox and a cast of the thousands in today. Here's some comedy from Nicki Glizer getting things started. Good morning, everybody, Come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 5: I got gussied up for you tonight. I got a SPRAYTN for you guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you. It is the number one way to look way hotter than you are.
Speaker 5: You have to get a SPRAYTND.
Speaker 1: Just go to a slow you ask for the airbrush. They send you into a back room.
Speaker 6: You get totally naked, and then a teenage girl.
Speaker 1: Comes in to learn about the future of her body. I mean I volunteer.
Speaker 5: She sprays you down with this like agent orange.
Speaker 1: I mean, who even knows what this stuff is. I'm breathing it in every week. I'm definitely gonna get some kind of lung disease from it. I'm sure of it. There's gonna be some like epidemic in twenty years called like tan lung, and it's gonna be ravaging old hot women. And so I gotta take the gig. That'll be a fun gig. To be honest with you, It'll be fun for you too. In twenty years, you turn on your TV, You're like, who is that? And I'm like, I make it Lazer. You may remember me for the row step time, Brady, just talking through my tray. You know, just tan lung is no laughing matter.
Speaker 6: Like just.
Speaker 1: You ll last generalst.
Speaker 5: This side is wee bet us on your side? You hear the distance under this land and then you stray.
Speaker 1: Who coming to the power to your morning showed us Wednesday for twenty ninth of twenty twenty six. All we do is win Minnesota Wild take a three to two series lead. I'm Corey, That's Chris, that's Paul, There's Zach, there's John Kriesel High High Hight on a Wednesday, Happy Wednesday, because we're at Grandview Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're here today. I'm here today.
Speaker 7: Appreciate the swap, of course, thanks for having me appreciate the swap.
Speaker 1: In three games to the Wild take a series lead, let's go. He's got a hold on, man, hold on for one more day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I think the old The only reason I feel like there was unease last night was because of our history. That's it. They played so well. They had a couple untimely penalties. You get rid of those. They whooped that ass last night. And we made Jamie Ben bleed. Yeah that's fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, after he cross checked what's his face in the neck?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but before he caught a igh stick. Yeah, and which is fine.
Speaker 4: It's okay for us to get a break once in a while.
Speaker 7: Don't say that to Dallas fans. And someone told me to lick their teams.
Speaker 1: I saw that, and you said, take me out to dinner first.
Speaker 4: It's funny. What sports does to relatively normal looking people.
Speaker 1: Sure get weird. Man. Imagine though, if your life is finding Twitter accounts for the opposing fan base and then arguing with him, and like, that guy found your tweet. That guy doesn't follow you, right, he just found you somehow in the Twitter fight algorithm. He's like, this guy's ripping my Dallas stars. Hey, John Griesel, lick my taint button bar. And you're like, you gotta take me out to dinner first. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I used to mess with people on Twitter more when I had no time and write.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that guy like probably has a wife and kids and a job, and yeah, he just told some random veteran from Minnesota Vietnam.
Speaker 7: Vet Vietnam, paint lick my men trail exactly.
Speaker 2: You guys are taking that as if he was taking a shot at him or something.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was a legitimate invitation. Maybe maybe he's such a fan of yours. It's like, please, you're attractive to me, you seem nice, Please do this to me.
Speaker 7: It was either take me to dinner or it's actually called the perineum. Yeah, the ABC Area a superstar used to call it four to two.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Wild Wind got dicey for a second a second late, didn't it feel again back to Minnesota sports. It felt like, are we going to find a way for them to what are we doing? Pull the goalie here? With like five minutes to go, they we had a four on four, but then they pulled the goalie to make it a five on four, so they turned it into a power play. Roberson scores and I'm like, are you kidding me? He's this really going to fall apart? And then Carill the thrill just powers that empty netter. That was just all will right. He does like the fake out and was it Haskin And I forget who bit on it, but just completely bites on it. And then Carill just kind of goes around him and then grinds for the empty netter to see it right, it hard? That was sick man, grind it hard. It was We're the better team. But the road team has won three out of the five games, back to what Zachary said weeks ago. But I'm not so sure home ice matters. Road team has won three out of five. Back to the fact that this is Minnesota sports. I have no interest in going back to Dallas for a game seven. That would make me unbelievably nervous. I know we can do it. We've already won there twice. Yeah, I just I don't want to go back to Dallas for Game seven. I'd be grapping my pants, not maybe literally.
Speaker 4: So for the x'es and O's folks. Was missing Zu Corrello. This big of a deal, Zacho. I mean, yes, yes, and no.
Speaker 8: I think from the power play perspective, it was absolutely no ideal. But yeah, I mean, have a you know, your top four, one of your top fowards out, it's it's going to affect your game. And they certainly had to fight through it. But I think he is, you know, in terms of his on ice productivity, he's just as important off ice. I think we saw in the postgame press conference, you know, just how important he was to and vice versa. So yeah, he is, uh, you know, one of the main glue pieces of this team. And when he took him out of that that lineup, it certainly caused some waves into the Wilde's credit, they still battled their way back, gotta you know, got the series tied up and you know, put themselves in that position last night to take the lead. And and as you guys mentioned, I mean just dominant, dominant effort. I mean, you know you will talk about the penalties. I mean that those are going to happen. It's it's it's a sixty minute hockey game. You're gonna get into trouble here and there. But overall that was a just incredible effort. Great, this team is different. I don't even I would say this too. If it is another fifty to fifty game like we had last week with the double overtime work go either way and Dallas gets a bounce and they win, I'm not I'm not as worried as you are core about Game seven. I don't want to go back, uh certainly, But if we do have to go back, I don't think it's I don't think it's as nightmare of as a. I think the Wild very well win in Dallas. Again, they've been the better team throughout the series, and oddly enough, they've been the better team I think in Dallas the series as well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: First of all, let's let's have Matt Boldy score a goal that gets wiped away, because then inevitably he's going to get one pursuing after that, a real one. Can you can you explain to me why the first one got wiped away, because le Panta and Ryan Carter both pretty quickly were like, yeah, I don't think this one's going to stand, and I'm like, man, I want I'm not missing because I don't know. Especially Carter was like they were all over a goal like this one's going to get reversed, and I'm like, man, I don't understand hockey enough because it looked like it was kind of incidental and it looked like Boldie kind of crashed in but didn't look I don't like explain Goali interference on why that goal got wiped away.
Speaker 8: I mean, the black and white interpretation of that play is BOLDI stick moved Ottinger's pad in the goal crease, and he moved it out of the way, and the puck went in and didn't give Ottinger the opportunity to make a safe accurate that's the But to me, I'd have to look more at the letter of the law itself. My biggest problem is the fact that he was basically he was tripped into Ottinger and then Heskin in the stars guy put the puck in the net, and I'm you know, I mean, if you want to. You know, I'm an exaggerated example. You know, if if a guy picks up a wild defender a wild forward throws him into Ottinger and then takes the puck and puts it in his own net, is that goaltender interference?
Speaker 1: Yet I don't think it is.
Speaker 8: You know, a lot of people thought it was black and white, and I get why they did, because again, his stick did move the pad of Ottinger. But it's like, well, you got to take the whole context of the situation into a new account in my opinion, and I think it was definitely more gray area than some more making it out to be. But as you mentioned Carr, I mean his his ability, his mental fortitude to have these Now, obviously I think that the kicking goal the other day was but I don't think he ever even thought himself.
Speaker 1: I mean he I don't even think he was trying to put it into that.
Speaker 8: I think he was trying to just kick it somewhere and not have it leave that general area.
Speaker 4: And though after they made the call and overturn the goal, he was discussing it with the official calmly and was sort of agreeing, and then the official like patted him on the chest like all good, this was the rule. He didn't freak out.
Speaker 1: He does no tilt. No Tilt's unlike the team on the other side of this. They seemed to tilt very easy. Yes, they seem to tilt a little bit. You don't like again as a guy that's always been a casual hockey fan, but I just love playoff hockey. Yah the best. Uh it is nuts? How like it in the NFL you could have like a second quarter catch on the sidelines that might give you a first down or might the punt, and the reps will look at it for fifteen and a half minutes. Yeah, and you're like Jesus, I mean like, but.
Speaker 4: It's pretty clear too.
Speaker 1: Even if it's close, it's like it looks like he might have dragged his foot. I can't quite tell if the ball is still bobbling. But this is not like a make or break, end of game kind of scenario, and it'll take forever. Most hockey games don't have a goal that are controversial. If they do, like last night, like that one, they had the review done in about forty seconds. It was like, Yeah, that's going this is a huge call, huge, right, it's a goal in a hockey game, might be the game winning, might be there's no guarantee that there's more goals that might just be in. It might be two, one wild, that's the game maybe right, you never know. And it's like we looked at it looked like it's not goal. We're gonna wipe this one away. It's like Jesus, that was fast.
Speaker 7: They did a good job explaining, though, for sure they I just love the efficiency of NHL reviews.
Speaker 1: Now. I'm sure there's ones that take much much longer than that, but it seems like they get the one the other relatively quickly for how important they are.
Speaker 7: The Ducks game in overtime, that took a while, as it should because part of the puck was hidden by the goalie skate, so they sort of had to estimate whether it crossed the line completely, which it did, But that one took forever and it probably wasn't forever, but because we're so used to these like quick ones, it felt like forever. But that was to decide the game. It was in overtime, it was the game winning goal. You need to take all the time you need.
Speaker 1: There and how about tomorrow? Yeah, six yeah, per let's go six.
Speaker 7: When is the last time we've had both teams have the chance to clinch Probably never on the same.
Speaker 4: Day to advance to the next round at home. Yeah, just me, It is.
Speaker 1: Just so I feel so confident.
Speaker 6: Yeah, correct, I think the Wolves are going to lose, but don't I don't know, you just need a couple bounces.
Speaker 7: You're right now the problem and won't be back for the next round. So I mean, it's like advance and then Cyon and the.
Speaker 1: Spurs wrapped it up last night and they're just gonna sit back and wait for for this series. Hopefully they wanted to go seven, of course, but Wenby gets a little extra rest field knocked around nogging that he's dealing with, although it doesn't seem to bother him. He looks like he's just fine. Yeah, that team's an absolute was as you like it. It's a wagon, yep, they teams. Yep. He just had six blocks last night, by the ways, and no big deal, God, no big deal. You know. Wemby is seven to four ish, maybe almost seven to five. That dude could literally not use a ladder and still clean out his gutters. Yeah, think about it. He probably shouldn't worry about it.
Speaker 6: I would bet Wemby has gutter helmet from gutter Helmet mn dot com.
Speaker 1: It's the absolute best. My dad has it. I have it.
Speaker 6: Get it, it's the best. Don't worry and don't waste a weekend cleaning out your gutters and go to Gutterhelmet MN dot com.
Speaker 1: He's not going to Wendy's not. If you're not seven four, you should look in the gutter helmet. Yeah, but even if you are seven four, he shouldn't be cleaning out leaves. He's precious cargo. Yeah, somebody will do that for him. Or just call gutter helmet from gutter Heelmet MN dot com. You wonder, you wonder if you will? I hope he does. He might, I think he will. John Kriesel is here. Parker Fox will be here later again. No, forget power Trip in a grand View Tomorrow night, hell and Friday morning. That'll be super fun. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the.
Speaker 2: Good Morning the Wilder Victorious. It's three two lead heading back here Thursday night. You can watch with us with us up a grand view if you'd like. Hell, yeah, should be playing games, So who wants to play game with the Wilder playing in the playoffs behind us.
Speaker 1: Jack chack, chack. There we go, just the sixth time. What is going on with this thing? It's a piece of Bess's, a piece of U S.
Speaker 4: Check check.
Speaker 2: Should you know about the game being on behind us when we're supposed to be playing games?
Speaker 3: Should we play games in the breaks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the intermission.
Speaker 2: Like Hide the Penis. It's a game that you play. It's like it's like playtail on the.
Speaker 1: Dog would be on a volunteer basis.
Speaker 2: Calm down, Come on, man, nobody getting held down against this.
Speaker 1: Well, you're taking my dad. Oh that's later, Yes, that's lawyer Lambert. After that's right. Oh yeah, So come watch the come watch the old wild We'll do an impromptu you know, watch party at the grand By tomorrow night. Hell yeah, man, and then the Wolves start at eight thirty eight fifty. Right, we got games and prizes. We'll play initials tomorrow night at that grand View. I've heard not one hundred percent sure. I think Commons there this weekend as well. I know the power Trip is for sure. The Power Trip is absolutely there, for sure, and I don't Yeah, let me look at it. He was he was asking about, asking if he could go. Yeah, and he's not in the pictures, So maybe I'm wrong, Maybe he's not up there. Maybe it's got to be just us. We're a much bigger deal, right, I mean, we're a bigger draw. That's why they're asking us, correct. I don't know. I can't imagine they would ask him.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to go up there and take a deep breath, truly, truly get away from all your stress, a true exhale up at Grand View.
Speaker 2: Is there a place on the planet that I could live where I didn't have to deal with allergies?
Speaker 1: Do you think the desert Antarctica? Maybe? Well these seees like two extreme places, both deserts. Yeah, Las Vegas, Las Vegas. Sure, you know I have to deal with allergies there.
Speaker 7: Well, different kind of allergies with your private part or if you go to Excalibur, you have to dodge legionnaires.
Speaker 4: Okay, you already had that. Don't drink the tap water.
Speaker 2: That you got.
Speaker 1: I got it once I did. Didn't you get it because of some like there was a business. Yeah, it was polluted it into the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot about their ac unit was yeah, spitting stuff up. I just happened to grab it. Yeah, you know how I am heavy breather. Yeah, listen to this cause. The tourist holidaying in Egypt has died after what is believed to be a cobra was allowed to crawl up his trouser leg during a snake charming show in Egypt. The fifty seven year old had been attending the performance of Snake Charmer and herb Gotta alongside three other members of his family when the incident took place. During the show, which was hosted by at a hotel, tours were able to hold the snakes and place them around their necks, but the Snake Charmer let one of the reptiles, thought to be a cobra, climb up the Bavarian taurist trouser leg. The unnamed man was bitten by the snake, according to police, and began to show clear signs of poisoning. Snake said he thought he saw another snake in there. He went into cardiac arrest. Try not to but anti did they give him anti dam? You would think they'd have some on hand, you think they would, right, Yeah, he went into the cardiac arrest. They had to resuscitate him, they rushed in the hospital, he died. Public Prosecutor's office and the criminal police in that city we're investigating. According to a police spokesperson, the investigates is not currently focused specifically on the snake charmer, but is being conducted openly just in case somebody else was responsible for that snake.
Speaker 1: Well, I would argue the guy that got bit is responsible. Who lets a snake tim up your leg at a snake charming? Yeah hey you get your damn snake off me? Yeah yeah, hey, No let him let him go up your trouser legs. No hard pass, hard pass, you'll do it on cobra.
Speaker 7: If that cobra and did that to Lexington Steel and looked that squirmed backwards a.
Speaker 1: Chuck Norris d scenario, I'm sorry about her, you, sir, Paul snake he is a gun to bloats on right, or would say, that's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Man, I need more details, but I'm leaning towards blaming the tourists.
Speaker 4: He's not blameless.
Speaker 1: No snake up your leg unless it was again immediate and unintentional. Snake just flew right up there. Alkay also stand further back it's a snake charming show. Yeah, I'm not within fifty miles of a snake charming show, let alone five ten feet.
Speaker 6: No, keep it away from me, keep it away from I'll just keep walking now I don't used to see it.
Speaker 1: I'll just move on. Remind me to not go to Egypt, right, they have snakes and whatnot. You know, why do people go outside? Nobody listens to me, No, no one does. There's allergies outside, there's cobras outside, there's sharks in the water. You know what's inside slot machines. You gotta give me a chance to guess.
Speaker 6: Well, I would bet a lot of money that's what that one would have guessed, and that one would have been hockey.
Speaker 7: You want to know something awesome about Florida, You can go on slot machines on your iPad.
Speaker 4: I saw I want a couple of hundred bucks man.
Speaker 1: Watching the wolves and just forget it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I know that, it's over for me.
Speaker 4: The game. They're kind of lame during knockoffs of other ones. But it's a legit. It's hard rock. Bat Oh, and played some slots in bed and you met the Wizard of Oz, You met Dwayne he does look like those of us. He does, but he's Wayne Gretzky. That was the great one.
Speaker 2: That's the coolest man. How was he was He nice to you, very nice? Did you say anything obtuse?
Speaker 4: Oh? He just there.
Speaker 7: A lot of the attendees at the fundraiser were you know, there was kind of a line to meet him afterwards, and it wasn't a big group, and it was a pretty it was a controlled environment. I mean, you have to go through secret service to get in there. So his guard was down, but he waved me to the front. He said, great speech, shook my hand, we took a photo.
Speaker 1: Awesome. That's sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he seems very very normal. Yep. Joe Ywandyke was there too. He's a Hall of Famer, So yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 1: Does that mess with your head a little bit that Wayne Gretzky listened to your life story or your speech. That's kind of nuts, right, I thought about it, but I was up there. It was one of the Wayne listening to your story.
Speaker 2: This was a.
Speaker 7: Shortened version because I was focused on like about fifteen So I did my part as to get the hook and just kind of talk about what veterans go through and then I pivoted to you talking about how important it is to raise money for military families, which is what United Heroes League does.
Speaker 4: So oh yeah.
Speaker 7: I went up there and I was like, all right, My wife goes, Yeah, you seemed definitely more I was. I had to prepare for this one a lot differently than I do for my normal ones. But yeah, it was one of those holy smokes, pinch me moments for sure.
Speaker 1: It's cool. Who else was there?
Speaker 7: It was a bunch of wealthy business owners. The lady that hosted it was from Paul She has the Netflix She's on the Netflix show like Members Only Palm Beach, Wives of Palm Beach or something like that.
Speaker 4: So she was the host and she's the member there at mar A Lago.
Speaker 7: So then yeah, just invited a bunch of wealthy business people and just she's trying to trying to raise my Yeah, I don't think they play the level of slots I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was mar Lago or everything you thought it would be?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was cool, way more laid back than I would have thought.
Speaker 1: Is it like a different level a rich person?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah. Someone in the room said that it's two million initiation fee, and then I didn't hear what the annual right is, but it is like that is gorgeous. There's people in there in the other room. So there's this big event raising a ton of money for a good cause, and then there's people just having a breakfast on a Sunday in the other room with the view of the ocean and the Bogy ball field or whatever. And then you look past there and you see, you know, squad cars with their lights flashing and the roads kind of blocked. Because it's a secret service runs it. You have to get searched to go in and.
Speaker 1: Even when the president's at there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because it's I'm guessing, because someone could go in there and leave something. Yeah, so they make Yeah, but they do a good job of like you go through that security, your search, and then once you're in there, just like okay, you can just kind of stroll around because it's secure in there.
Speaker 4: So they know that you're good because.
Speaker 1: They said not go like an airport or something. Right back to the breakfast thing, for a second, when you walk by the breakfast place, any chance, you just saw Rosie reading the paper by himself.
Speaker 7: I had to try so and I didn't do it. I didn't want to hurt feelings, but I have so badly wanted to say a rivedert. So my wife's like, don't he might not. You guys can You guys can rip them more than I can.
Speaker 1: But a rider at West Palm how many? How many days were you in Florida? Three? That must have been a true exhale from all your stress in the cities.
Speaker 6: It was I'm glad you win, lovely, Yeah, I'm glad you got that break.
Speaker 1: Dwayne freaking gretz That Dwayne Jetski. Yeah, yep, I'm gonna make Gretzky's head bleed. Come on, man, it's the playoffs. Playoffs. It's one of the best bits ever, so good. What's the bits from Swingers? Great video game? We're playing NHL? What ninety five? Elite? Man, I'm gonna make Gretzky's head bleed. Vince Vaughnd that's peak n Vince Vaughn.
Speaker 2: Great, Mike Musslin, he dies alright, yeahs alive. But oh told me I should watch the Hulk Cogan documentary on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was right. It's really really good, man, it's really really good.
Speaker 9: Is it pretty new? I don't think Yeah, yeah, it just came out. It's a it's multiple episodes.
Speaker 1: To make it like him more or lesser the same same.
Speaker 2: I just made him a human, you know, showed a bunch of old time he wrestlers now, which is sad, you know, Yeah, but his story was really interesting.
Speaker 7: Was there an acts to grind or all of these obviously have an agenda, But I like when I don't know, it's just a little bit tame.
Speaker 1: Sure, sir, this was it seemed like it was.
Speaker 2: It was pro Hulk, but it didn't cover up like In fact, a major part of episode two was when he made them say. He says it because you know, obviously he's on camera before he died, and he says it.
Speaker 1: He must have.
Speaker 3: They were making the documentary before.
Speaker 2: He died, and then he died I think during the document okay, And but he says I said I wasn't doing steroids.
Speaker 1: I lied. It was I made a major mistake. I lied. He said.
Speaker 2: People depended on me to be the ultimate American guy who told the truth and took his vitamins. And I stood on television in front of people who said I wasn't taking steroids when I was.
Speaker 3: There was a major turning point.
Speaker 4: For and it's it's not always good to see if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, everybody was.
Speaker 2: Exactly The problem was he went on and specifically said I do not take steroids.
Speaker 4: He said that without being asked, right, didn't have nobody else.
Speaker 2: Everybody else was like they didn't comment, you know, but he went on and said, I don't do steroids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could be like, ask me if I've ever done steroids?
Speaker 3: Have you ever done steroids?
Speaker 4: Did you see that goal by BOLDI lot right.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, that's it, you know again, McGuire and Sosa launching nine thousand foot home runs and it was the greatest season in the history of baseball. Who gives a rats ass If a wrestler's doing it right, there's supposed to me like cartoonish. His health matters to him, but the rest of us, I don't. I never cared if Haulcogan was juicing. No, like you said, maybe it's exactly fact.
Speaker 4: That is different that you just say. By the way on Natural.
Speaker 2: Round, Yeah right, yeah right, body fat yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's really really good man.
Speaker 4: And four episodes three two.
Speaker 2: You know, I didn't know how many episodes I'm almost through the second one, and they're long. But his son never heard that. I knew he had a son, never seen or heard of him, took care of his daddy.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Yeah, really cool, really good.
Speaker 4: I'll check it out. I was a huge fan. I mean, wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all were.
Speaker 4: That was peak.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean there's an interesting part about the Ultimate Warrior, and I had no idea. I remember the Ultimate Warrior, but I didn't know that. When Hulk wanted to retire, they're like, Okay, it's going to be ultim Warrior and everybody's like, he's a terrible wrestler.
Speaker 3: This is a terrible choice.
Speaker 2: It's really interesting, man, It's it's way more in depth that I ever thought I would care to know about the.
Speaker 1: W W Hulkamanium man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I will watch it.
Speaker 1: Front Page Boys. His next This is the Power Trim Morning Show on the.
Speaker 8: Fan Cafe and welcome sick great shows to target Field this year. Tim mcgrawlby there August twenty third, My Chemical Romance August twenty fourth. Get all the details on our overcoming shows on our concert page at cafe dot com. Keyword calendar, Uh no time now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stars.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores buy three monsters for eight bucks. For a limited time, you can mix and match any flavors of monster you want. Yea with our friends at Holiday.
Speaker 2: I like my purple drink the most, and then I left have done the car, yep, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Get it tomorrow morning. We can ask Tommy which holidays we can hit on the way to Grand View. Right, he probably knows all of royalty. I wish he was joined by this. It's not busy, big boy job. Thanks Holiday, Thank your Holiday. So the Minnesota Wild one four to two over the Stars. They take a three to two series lead. The Wild took a three to one third period lead when Michael mccaeron pushed one past Otten Jert. Another sneaky, sneaky move by Billy g Right getting Michael McCahon. That's pretty sick. Robertson scored for the fifth straight game in the series. And I think it's something like didn't he score like the last two or three of the regular seasons? Act two? Yes, so it's something like eight straight games that guy scored a goal, But it's all five in the series. Caprizov those scored a minute and twenty one seconds later, with two minutes left, with the empty netit to absolutely ice it vaultaid with twenty saves. Zucarello scored in the first. That was his first game back after a three game absence with the upper body injury that he suffered in Game one. Yeah, man, game six Thursday in Saint Paul. That's tomorrow at six thirty. Again. The Wild have not been to the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs since twenty fifteen. They've lost their last nine playoff series, but that can end tomorrow in Saint Paul. And like I mentioned before, the road team has won three of the five games in this series.
Speaker 4: Corey twenty two is what it opened at Wild favored and now we're around twenty eighteen one twenty.
Speaker 1: It looks like so skid her down tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Pretty substantial, ys, Christopher, what do you think it would sound like if Zucarella wasn't just a hockey player's name, it was a French cigarette.
Speaker 2: M here with a commercial for the French cigarette Zicarello. This meets us, Paul Lambert.
Speaker 1: Uh we we.
Speaker 6: When I need a long relaxing break, in a long deep breath, I reach for a Zucarello, high in tar, high end tuxins, no filter. They give me exactly what I need from a break from reality. If you also need a break from reality, suck down a Zicarello today.
Speaker 4: Did I send you guys the picture of the cigarette ad?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the the name of that restaurant was Greece.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was awesome, great place to watch sports. Yeah, those ads are preposterous. I know, Christman, most doctors, this is a doctor's choice.
Speaker 1: This where you're like fine, yeah, and they probably were. Probably everybody smoked back then. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: On an airplane.
Speaker 1: Oh, wide receiver. Juwan Jennings visited the Vikings. I guess yesterday and partially today. Right. He was supposed to be in town last evening night, right now, Yeah, I mean, look, he has spent his entire career with the Niners. He is looking for some cash. The Vikings need a third wide receiver last time I checked. It makes a lot of sense. And they have some cash. Well the cash before Yeah, beat boop fixed like whatever, you just move some money around, right, you fix the glitch?
Speaker 7: Not enough to keep the computer the beat bop boop boop was broken.
Speaker 1: Maybe they forgot to hit the buttons. Yeah, I bet they did. All you gotta do, all you gotta do is go to Christian Dearris and say, hey, what if we give you ninety eight percent of your money in twenty thirty nine, and we'll just say that this year you made five bucks. Beat hoop boot boom fixed, and then you can sign whoever you want to whatever you want. The example used the other day.
Speaker 6: I think Dak Prescott is playing for a million dollars but gonna make about seventy five.
Speaker 1: I think he pays the Cowboys this year three and a half million. Yeah, beat bop, beat boop fixed. They got it. I know that, and he gets it. Rosie's relaxed from Tuscany. Now listen to how relaxed you see. Vikings did not pick a wide receiver in last week's NFL draft, so all eyes on wide receiver. Ty Felton probably shouldn't be wide receiver number three until he proves that he can remotely do it. And maybe maybe I didn't think that you were Randy. Maybe maybe the Vikings believe that ty Felton is trending the right way, but obviously he's done nothing. It's hard to go into the season with an unproven guy that I know that. Honey, Ros you're so relaxed. You've been in sports for everybody, Chris. Do they talk about Randy Savage very much?
Speaker 2: It a few times, but no, But I do love there's some scenes and I don't know why this tickles me so much, but of all of them as just as normal guys lifting weights and Hulk's garage in the morning, you know, like on a regular day.
Speaker 1: Just that's what they did. They lifted weights. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: And there's Macho Man and there's Ultimate Warrior and there's Out and it's like, oh, they're just guys lifting weights like they did with with Star down this workout run.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he pee blood. Yeah he lifted weights. I kind of lifted.
Speaker 3: He pissed blood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was me at the auto show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both of y'all.
Speaker 6: That was me after I did squats with him and Matt Burke and then I came to work on Sunday and pulled Hawk.
Speaker 1: Is how I go.
Speaker 6: I think I'm dying, and he'd known me for ten minutes. He's like, You're not dying, what's wrong? I go peak blood and you were like, what did you do, And I go, I was doing squats with Superstar and Matt Burke, and he goes, well, don't do that again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good advice.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, because they thought we were all NFL player Yeah they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah he did.
Speaker 4: You can't do this.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, what do you mean you can't bench for fifty Oh yeah, as he's done an hour and a half on the stair stepper, Yeah, I can't start.
Speaker 1: The Mariners won seven to one over the Twins. Joe Ryan six inning and six hits, two runs, six strikeouts, looking up on your phone. The bullpen, though for the Twins, gave up five runs over the final three innings alone. Twins run was Buxton's fifth inning solo home run that was his seventh of the season. Good for him, manah, he's playing well.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah he is, see for another team.
Speaker 1: The Twins host Seattle again today at twelve forty Bradley on the mountd for the Twins, and then they host Toronto starting tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah. It's I think exactly what we thought they would be. They don't have any kind of money in the bullpen. They have bought three guys on the team that don't belong on a major league roster. It's like a dollar an hour, and they've lost ten of their last twelve. It's it's going to be a tough stretch. And as Gleaman pointed out last night, your twins are eight and seventeen and Joe Ryan's last twenty five starts despite him only having a three point seven six ERA during that, they should win.
Speaker 1: All those games.
Speaker 6: But Joe Ryan will get them a nice trade package in about a month and a half.
Speaker 1: Hmm, it's not very nice.
Speaker 6: Well, it's not very nice, but it's the truth, and the truth, as flips Onners once said, can't be controversial.
Speaker 1: Truth is undefeated. If the bet was even money, how much money of your own money? How much money would you bet that Joe Ryan gets traded this year? Two hundred dollars that's the most you would go. Yeah, so you're not super confident. I mean that's pretty confident. Dollars. It's a lot of money. Yeah, not really not if you're that confident. What would you bet? I don't care either way, and I don't know I bet two hundred dollars. Corey, I guess you were going to say more than that. You seem very convinced that you think Joe Ryan's getting traded. Well, I haven't gotten a text yet. Oh got it? Yes, got Christopher to ask another sports question. Sure, man, I love sports questions. You love chicken go on? Right? Not as much as Glenn Taylor, but sure?
Speaker 2: Would you live on a farm and grow your own chickens knowing you were going to eat them?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And then something?
Speaker 4: What if someone else killed them and cleaned.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, somebody from raising canes to come over prepare them. But they were the ones you raised.
Speaker 4: You don't have to be head them or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't if you'd like, I guess, Yeah, if you're into that, you're weird. Or do I have to clockwork orange it?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Do I have to sit on the porch and like walk no, watch them and like walk them through the you know, the old death chamber. No, but you know that's Jim. Okay, Well then no, I don't care. That's fine, don't care, Jim. I'm not gonna give them names. Yeah, I'm going to watch poker in my sixty two degree basement. They can just tell me when the chicken fingers are ready to call them. Hey, you I mean that's not me as me, and they're gonna eat them. I'm never going to go outside. I won't see him. I'll hear them once in a while. Yeah, and then when the slaughter starts, just turn the TV up.
Speaker 3: Up all night's sleep all day.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 1: Can't believe that guy's last name is Slaughter? Yeah, I can't either. You learn something new every day, Mark Slaughter. How many times you think you've seen them? Hugs? Oh? Geh.
Speaker 2: I actually we played with him at at greg Casino, maybe eight years ago something, I don't know, probably six, seven, eight times.
Speaker 1: But it would blow my mind today if Chris told me that the guy's name was James Anthrax. What we said Anthrax was a guy's name. Yeah, yeah, well, man, the eighties were weird.
Speaker 3: Drummer for Rise was Bill Rise?
Speaker 1: No really, nope.
Speaker 2: Hey, I a non political political joke. You guys ever watched John Stewart What is that show called?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Daily Show? Yeah, wins it on I think on Monday Mondays. He's on Mondays, but I think it's Monday through thursdays. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He described r FK yesterday. This is I think it is a great lion. I think this is I can't look at it. I just saw a picture of it.
Speaker 1: Why I brought it up?
Speaker 3: He called him.
Speaker 2: He said, RFK looks like the Hulk caught between being Bruce Banner and the Hulk, and it does.
Speaker 1: I can't see anything else I ever tell that's exactly what do you look? That's funny, man. I love that The Daily Show has adopted Triumph, the insult comic dog because that obviously he used to be a common bit. But the man they had Triumph on the other day and it just made me piss my pants? Was that last night?
Speaker 4: Maybe I watched it, so he's on once a week.
Speaker 1: John Stewart, Yeah, yeah, Monday, I didn't because I saw it on Instagram. I saw the Triumph clip on Instagram, So I don't know exactly when it aired, but it was post White House Correspondence Dinner incident, so it's like it's got to be. Maybe it was last he.
Speaker 8: Was on with John Monday himself Monday, but then the full report I haven't seen it, but supposedly was on last night from the Correspondence Dinner, which.
Speaker 1: God, Triumph is great. Yeah, because his joke about RFK was something like he didn't want to get shot at the White House Correspondence Dinner because he didn't want RFK to Edith carcass I love Triumphs. I love comedy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, everything's funny.
Speaker 1: Everything's funny. Yeah, comedy. What's that guy's name again? Is that Robert Smigel? Yeah? Triumph guy, that dude genius?
Speaker 4: Is this the first return of Triumph or I.
Speaker 1: Think he's been on The Daily Show in the past. But again it's I don't know how that works, right, Like was that property of NBC? Like who owns the rights to Triumph? If he's a piece of you know, a character on Conan Show for as long as he was good? Question, Michael have any intellectual property with that?
Speaker 3: I guess he probably does.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that works. Man, that's so weird.
Speaker 4: Weird.
Speaker 1: Well, I love that he's a free agent and he's now found The Daily Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that guy's cool too, man, Spidle, he's the best if you've ever listened to him interviewed though his Yeah, yeah, great guy, great guy, really good guy.
Speaker 1: People love him. What really matters is after this, more scores, more stats and crystal change your life with something else. This is the power to a morning show on the fan. You already listen now watch the fan. Check out the KFE and YouTube channel for exclusive videos, in depth takes, initials, password, game, behind the scene content, and more. Search cafe and and YouTube. Hit subscribe today.
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, today a little game of in the Box with Parker Fox.
Speaker 1: Jen why addition?
Speaker 4: Ooh, how long has it been since in the Box has been a while?
Speaker 2: It's been a while, and I liked the idea of in the Box with Parker Fox has a ring to it.
Speaker 1: It does. Yeah, that's very Sussian.
Speaker 2: But I love it with Parker fix because he never knows what I think he's gonna know. He doesn't know obvious things about our age bracket because he's so young.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know anything. He don't know.
Speaker 4: He's pretty learned for.
Speaker 3: His smart kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I try to do this all the time with myself. If you've been like, hey, here's a trivia question about a nineteen sixty two movie, Well in nineteen ninety six, I'd be like, why would I care about that movie? I don't care. I don't know that answer. So, yeah, it's just times they are changing, right, late nineties is thirty years ago. He doesn't know, yeh, Box with Parker Fox Sauce what else rhymes with fox in box locks? Sure, he's right, mox wow like moxinh Jonathan Moxon Sure rip to the beak smocks Wow, you're I mean yes, Courtney Cox duh Wow. What really matters is brought to you by Ovo, Lasick and Lens. That's OVOI dot com Goetlasa from Doctor Mark been off in Dr David White, and they're great dudes. And Lasik is awesome. Hey you see him. I can see him perfectly clear, Sauce Youlick like you, Thank you, sir, You're welcome. The NCAA Tournament is in the final stages of expanding from sixty eight teams to seventy six teams, and it would begin this season. So right now they have the first four right where it's eight teams are battling for the quote final four spots. Right. This would be twelve games, twenty four teams, and then the sixty four team bracket would be essentially in place by Thursday. So by Thursday it'd still be sixty four, but the Tuesday and Wednesday would be seventy six teams, which sucks because it'd be nice if they gave us a little bit of a break, so we could just do a sixty four team bracket because that is the perfect bracket for office pools. So there's maybe sixty teams and they only have four players. Sixty teams and four play was Is that how I said it? No, just was being clever. Oh I didn't get it. That's okay, I'm not good. You know what I'm saying though, Like you if you did the quote playing games on like a Sunday or Monday, and then gave the public two days, you gave us complete Tuesday and Wednesday to just fill out brackets and then tournament starts Thursday. Great, But this I think this is going to be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Yeah, So you either have to fill out a seventy six team bracket starting on Tuesday, yeah, which Hawk will. Or if you're like, I'm not doing that, why don't all of us just fill it out first thing Thursday morning before the game start. You could do that, I guess too, Yeah you could. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Either way, this is going to start this year, and it sounds like they are final stages of making this. You know, rubber Stamp, let's go.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this was an option I didn't in the in play, and suddenly it's happening.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there had been mentions that they were discussing something, but I thought.
Speaker 4: It would be in the next few years. If it happened.
Speaker 7: Once they start talking about stuff like this and then we hear about it, they're going to do it, especially when there's money involved.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I wouldn't have expected this year. Yeah, eight more teams go first, got the change games. Yeah, go for a chance, good point, He's got that team in the right direction. Oh yeah, dah Nicos seems cool.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 2: On this day in nineteen ninety two, I woke up to go and I believe it was. It might have been a Saturday morning, It could have been a Sunday. It was a weekend nineteen ninety two. I woke up in a stranger's house, not because I'd had sexual relations, but because I just moved.
Speaker 1: To Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Speaker 2: I didn't know anybody, so I was staying with the morning house who had hired me to come down to produces this morning show. And I woke up and I turned on the television as I was getting ready and Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Was on fire. Oh that's right.
Speaker 2: On this day in nineteen ninety two, riots erupted in Los Angeles after a police officers were acquitted in the Rodney King trial. I I'll never forget it as long as I live, because I remember I left a note for Kevin and his wife Angie, and I said, good morning, thanks for letting me stay here. Los Angeles is on fire. That was the note that I left him.
Speaker 1: What a perfect full circle moment in this segment too, because can you imagine in thirty minutes if we say to Parker Fox, who is Rodney King? He'd say sounds like he scored about nineteen a game.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, I bet he knows who Rodney King.
Speaker 1: I bet he doesn't. Bet he does.
Speaker 4: Really well, we'll find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's listening, so yeah, you know, there's a good chance he just heard Chris say it. But before that, if we could turn back time share thanks Share, we could turn back time to two minutes ago, I'd say eighty twenty he didn't know who Rodney King was. It's not zero, Yeah, eighty twenty. I would think you are correct? Yeah, and that was nuts? Crazy? How were you? How we reguessonating I was twelve. I was ten eleven, twenty one man, living on my own, seventy four after you were in Moonshine before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody said, hey, do you want to come down to produce a morning show in Virginia Beach, Virginia?
Speaker 1: And I said, where do I need to be and when do I need to be there?
Speaker 4: That's brave, man, I was.
Speaker 1: I was excited. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: That is a that is the because you had been in California before.
Speaker 1: That, right, No, this was before California even.
Speaker 4: Oh so you went man, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went from Ohio to Virginia. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had to have had a triple A card. My god.
Speaker 1: Oh let me tell you.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you put some miles on those vehicles.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I remember.
Speaker 2: I'm driving to Virginia Beach and on the overnight radio stations, hearing Walking in Memphis three times, on three different radio stations in three different states.
Speaker 1: Great, it's a brand new song. Yeah, great song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great song. And I said, everybody, Oh, that's a very friendly guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nice of you. Anyway, there you go. That matters. That matters. The Timberwolves host Denver tomorrow game five, the Wolves are up three games to two. What's what's the eight thirty start time? But again fifty fifty probably as of last night, having checked this morning. As of last night. On DraftKings, the Nuggets five and a half point favorites in game five.
Speaker 4: Yep, get it done. Yeah, get it done.
Speaker 1: Gee. I that seems fair again without it, without Dante, it's we can win, but Denver should be favored. That sounds about right. Yeah. I don't feel good about it. I don't either. I don't either good. I want to feel good about it. For you guys' sakes.
Speaker 7: If we don't turn the ball over nine thousand times, they've got a good shot.
Speaker 4: It's the self inflicted.
Speaker 2: If somebody calls the time out and says, guys, yeah, we've turned.
Speaker 1: The ball over times. Yeah, we can still do this.
Speaker 2: But if one of you sons of bitches hold on to the ball, does it one more time, it's over.
Speaker 4: Adrian Peterson thought they need to hold onto the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he thought that they had too many kids. Well said, oh, speaking of too many kids, can you ask me what really matters?
Speaker 1: What really matters is this Rod Stewart.
Speaker 3: Got another lady knocked up?
Speaker 1: Oh, my god. Recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rod's horny. Oh wait a minute, I'm sorry. That's a grandfather.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I thought he got her pregnant.
Speaker 1: Oh my fault.
Speaker 4: Well that's not the realm of man.
Speaker 2: It's good for you, buddy. I thought he's I thought he got somebody knocked up.
Speaker 1: He's a grandpa. This is not this is this bad written headline my phone.
Speaker 3: Damn it. I was all excited.
Speaker 7: Well, but to be her grandpa, you have to have gotten someone knocked.
Speaker 3: He did, he did do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did do that.
Speaker 3: His daughter Ruby is pregnant.
Speaker 1: That's not much of a story. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I thought he had knocked some lady up. He was thirty eight years old.
Speaker 1: How many kids does he have to you know, Baker's doesn't. Yeah, I would guess yea.
Speaker 4: So not as many as my grandma had.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 4: That's your grandma half thirteen. Jesus, my grandpa liked to throw the boots. Yes, your hand, Granda. That's sounds like he could have Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sounds like I might have got her knocked up. Yeah, yeah, would you be mad at me if I got your grandma?
Speaker 1: No, I'd be proud of you to be honest, maneez, no, it's I think it's he and I are friends.
Speaker 2: We had to discuss things like this, of course, because nothing's out of the rod well, I guess she's probably passed away all right.
Speaker 1: By the way, So back to the sports part of it, you guys, have you guys looked into in the last week. You know, a couple of days ago we talked about the eighteen team possible NBA lottery? Yes? Yeah, Have you guys seen the sixteen team one that is now apparently the front runner?
Speaker 3: Is that the three thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Okay, it's complicated, but it's super interesting and I have no idea if it's going to work, but you get the gist of it. John, have you read this year? I saw you guys talking the other day about the Yeah, that's out everything. They were talking about the other day about how like the top ten teams would all have eight percent. It'd be like a flat rate amongst the bottom ten teams. The new theory is super interesting. It literally punishes you for being one of the three worst teams. They would have what they call a relegation zone. Oh wow, that if you're in the bottom three, you would have a four sorry, a five point four percent chance of winning the number one overall pick. So again, we talked about it yesterday, saw us back in the day, he was like twenty five percent if you were the worst team over the years. It's come down and down and down. Now that the worst three teams have a fourteen percent chance of getting number one, now it would be five point four percent. Here's what's crazy, though, the teams four, five, six, seven, eight, four through ten have an eight point one percent chance, So you actually have a better chance of getting the number one overall pick. If you're in the four to ten range, then you are one to three. So truly you get punished for that. Here's the other thing that would be insane right now, if you have the worst record in the NBA, they draw for spot one, draw for spot two, and draw for spot three, So you can fall from one all the way to four. Right now, you could fall all the way to twelve. Wow, oh man.
Speaker 7: That is a good way to incentivize winning at the end. If you're in that relegation zone, get out there and work your asses. If you're close to doubling, yeah, right, five point five point two and then eight.
Speaker 1: It's speaking of doubling. So the teams that would make the play in tournament essentially but lose, right, they have a two point seven percent chance of getting the number one overall pick. So you essentially are on the brink of a playoff spot and lose. You almost have the same chance as the team that did the worst in the NBA.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: That's great, it is right, it's kind of nuts. So the whole you know, quote rigged feeling when a team that has like the when the Bulls hit Derek Rose didn't they weren't thinking like a one point five percent chance or something, and everybody's like, this is rigged. It's never gonna feel rigged again, because nobody has good chances anymore. Right, it's five point four, uh one through three, eight point one, four through ten, then back to five point four eleven through thirteen. So again think of eleven through fourteen. So the teams that would be eleven through fourteen same opportunity as the teams that are one, two and three. Then nuts, yeah, and then fifteen and sixteen would have a two point seven percent chance.
Speaker 7: That's a good way to end tanking. That's that's what they want to do. Wow, you have to make it hurt. This would do that.
Speaker 1: Another theory is hang out one second. Let me scroll down to make sure I have this right. Teams would not be allowed to win the number one pick in consecutive years yeap, okay, nor would they be allowed to pick in the top five three consecutive drafts. However, it's not clear yet because they haven't finalized all this stuff yet. It's not clear yet whether this refers to a team's originally owned pick, or even would that extend to picks required through trade.
Speaker 4: It should protect us through trade.
Speaker 1: You had nothing to do with the out I agree with that completely. That should I think that's where they'll fall. Teams would also no longer be able to protect the picks and trade slots twelve through fifteen. Also, the commissioner would increase have increase used to authority to punish perceived tanking, including changing a team's lottery odds or even modifying its pick.
Speaker 4: Would they do that? Though?
Speaker 1: That's really tough.
Speaker 7: The commissioner works for the owners. That's a tough spot to be in. If you're going to absolutely hardcore punish.
Speaker 1: Very tough spot. This would be a true lottery Yes, yeah, it's it is just spin the wheel. The other thing that I think is interesting if they go through exactly with this, remember how back in the day also, I think it was like a thousand combinations and the Wolves. If the Wolves had a twenty percent chance, I hap the number one pick, they had like two hundred different letter number of combinations, So that was always the comeback as well. We can't air this on TV. They're saying, like the top three teams would just simply get two lottery balls, so's it would be not even remotely complicated. It's just let's just put them in a hoppery. And I know they've had it on TV the last couple of years. This would be the least complicated thing of all time. Just let's just draw, put it on TV, see what happens. Yeah, no complication for sure. Yeah. So I know the NBA has shifted in towards that vibe where you can have a televised because people scream for thirty years, why don't you just make this televis this is this is drama. If you're gonna draw almost every spot, I love it. Teams can fall all the way from one to twelve. Holy cow, drama would be outstanding. Like you said, we can gamble on it. I knew I liked you. Hell yeah, more of what really matters after this power trimony Join the fan fan this Saturday, May second, don't miss it.
Speaker 8: Join Cafe ands Chris Hockey at Aquarius Home Service in Little Canada. Stop by their customer appreciation open house, enjoy great food and check out incredible saving.
Speaker 1: From ten thirty to twelve thirty.
Speaker 8: That's right, I'll bet spot info Cafe dot Com, qword calendar.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I'll be coming back from Grand View Lodge and I'll be doing that. Then I'm driving all the way to Detroit Lakes after that.
Speaker 1: That's a hell of a boomerang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be great. And I love being at ed Aquarius. It's fun. And come on and say hi. There's great things for the kids. There's a petting zoo, there's there's great sandwiches and of course great deals on things too, like water softener, salt and stuff. And learn about Connectico and ask me inappropriate questions about meat sauce. Yeah, by the ways, being a meat sauce I'm gonna do a bit right now during what really matters?
Speaker 3: And I said sauce.
Speaker 2: I have a sneaking suspicion that this product that I purchased does not taste like what they say it tastes like. Okay, it's a product that has a taste. But this is the blank flavored version of the product like they're doing with oreos.
Speaker 3: Like everything these days.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, And he says to me, I don't want to eat a bug.
Speaker 1: Well, but she'll done again, He'll done, go on the representative Denmark.
Speaker 6: But hey, I don't I trust one person that sits in these three rooms, and that's John b.
Speaker 1: The you guys would feed me a bug? Why would we? So he says, try this product. And the first thing you think is he's put a bug in there.
Speaker 6: Or like you're gonna give me like a chocolate cricket or something.
Speaker 1: So I wouldn't do that? Is it? What? What kind of food is it? Without giving the flavor? Uh? I guess I could do that. It is a peep, a peep peep. Do you like peeps in general? I do not.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't like no matter either?
Speaker 1: Do you like peeps that are secretly loaded with bugs? Hey? I mean, god, dang it, I just blew it? Flavor? You guys would feed. Why did I do that? We were going to make you eat bugs? How did you know I'm smart? All right, Yeah, let's do that. What really matters?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I want to see if he can identify because I don't believe that they taste like it. I don't think that they actually taste like they say they do.
Speaker 1: I don't like peeps either, but I'd be willing to guess. I'll do it too. Oh, you'll take it unless you put bugs in it. But hold on, this is something you guys would do. We fed star food that had my I still can't believe that that was a fireable offense. That's nuts that we did that.
Speaker 4: Whooping?
Speaker 1: How are you not fired for that? It wasn't my idea. They that's not what the DNA. I think.
Speaker 4: We gave him something to eat.
Speaker 3: We gave him like, no, no, we didn't make him eat anything.
Speaker 2: His his pubes to his eyes as a as a.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, what were we doing? Got this show's dumb?
Speaker 3: We were experimenting.
Speaker 7: I'm the statue.
Speaker 4: We had a guy in our unit, but a bunch of pubic carris in someone's coffee to drink it, and then they were doing the old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is that? I've had this taste in my mouth?
Speaker 1: I put pews in your coffee, Rook and then Tommy Downdon. So when I was in high school, there was a gal that I was interested in. Her brother was getting bullied, and I walked into the lunch room and caught him getting bullied. So I basically took the two bullies and made them eat their own You know what's on a piece of pizza that I had? Just pull your hands up. He's not here anymore. Oh, never mind, that was a Freddy Prince Junior reference. I thought Rosie was here. Freddy Prince junior. Yes, she's all bad. He stands up for her brother. Oh so he kept bed his sister Lady Bogs is a smoke shows that his own sister. No bed, not b et b ET's what he was watching? What are we talking about again? Oh yeah, but for now, what really matters is this the Wild one game five, four to two over the Dallas Store Ours. The Wild take a three to two series. They can win their first playoff series in twenty fifteen if they just close it out at home game time tomorrow in Saint Paul six point thirty. Come on right here on the fan, come on, just do it. Just end it. Just do it, man, just end it. Let's move on. Colorado's waiting for us, and then if we win them are night, and look, let's not get ahead of our skis here, but if we win tomorrow night, we are four wins away from the Stanley Cup Final, right yeah, because whatever, once you get past Colorado, we're gonna absolutely whoop some ass behind whoever we run into in the Western Conference finals. Whilst there's an injury, we're just cruising to the Stanley Cup Finals. We're four wins away. On what states do we live in Minnesota? They don't know that, though the defense rests. Everybody does know that. Not the players on the team. They don't care.
Speaker 7: There was that three minute time frame last night that was like, oh no, here we go, my wife, They're going to find a way to mess this up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when Robertson scored, I'm like, there's way too much time. If we blow this, it's the worst thing that's happened in Minnesota sports in a long time.
Speaker 4: They said, But they didn't certainly not.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this you want to do the peeps thing there. Okay, I'm gonna bring it over so you guys can't look. Actually, you know what, I can take the wrappers off.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna do it too?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is the culture hints though, I don't think so. Okay, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Johnny k are you gonna do it too? Are you going to just watch?
Speaker 4: I don't care if you want me to have them?
Speaker 1: Do you like bugs? Bugs?
Speaker 4: I've eaten bugs before.
Speaker 1: I believe it. Yeah, I would have been a lot of money. Wilber brought in something that had bugs in it. It gets for fun heats, cricket protein bars. Yeah, that's insane. Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 7: Chris Long was golfing with us the one time and he kind of freaked out because the grasshopper jumped on my shirt. He's like, oh my god, there's a grasshopper on you. So I just grabbed it and threw it to my mouth and ate it, just to mess with them.
Speaker 1: He was shook. The former Chicago No, no, the sportscaster.
Speaker 3: Don't smell it or anything.
Speaker 1: Just grab and hold on.
Speaker 4: To it from here that it's circumcised.
Speaker 1: So the only thing is you're eating it first, because if you are on the brink of throwing up. Then I'm not doing it because obviously then I'm not eating. I need it first. I will sacrifice. I will sacrifice that for you, Carla. Thanks man.
Speaker 4: These are peep. This looks mangy, This looks SMAs. Peep needs to go to the vat.
Speaker 3: For you, guys. I'm going to show the cameras so the people watching it.
Speaker 6: Okay, again it from this angle that looks this thing, this thing needs to be tested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at this thing. You hate peeps? I do you know who loves peeps? I mean Dov no, Carl, no, Luke, no scene, Bear, Noes, Medium nope, Pasta, Bolognies nope. Fill the agony.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I need you guys not look at the camera and don't look over here. Zachar you show me on the stream yard, yes, sir, okay, this is what the actual flavor is right here.
Speaker 1: Can you see that, Secho? Yes? Okay, cool.
Speaker 2: I don't think that they will be able to identify the flavor. All right now, you guys, I want you to to but don't just yell out your answer. I want you guys to think about it, and then we'll go run the wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go first, to make sure I'm not going to throw up. But they get nobody guessed. Nobody say their guests yet he's taking a bite. You'll be fine.
Speaker 2: M hmmm, they're eating. Don't say your guesses. See if you can identify what you think that taste is. They None of them look confident. No, even Sauce. Sauce has got a very he's not confident even of his own sex right now.
Speaker 7: Because there's only a brief moment where you can taste the flavor and then it's just marshmallow.
Speaker 1: I have a vague guess, but like, well, it's only there for like a half and I have a I have one too, and again partially based on the color too, So that's kind of cheating. What do you think, Zach?
Speaker 3: Are they gonna be identify it?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I don't know. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think so either, Zach. You tried it also, No, I just know that what I should can I guess? Hold on, everybody has your guests ready to go?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right, you go ahead, and first, Sauce, is it hot to Molly? Okay?
Speaker 7: That's him increased? Do you have a guess that's a good one. Actually cinnamon toe scrunch. Part of that is because you're saying it doesn't taste.
Speaker 1: Like gee, I had cinnamon too. I was going apple cinnamon with my guess. He gets ready for the reveal. Not even close any of us.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Dr Doctor Pepper.
Speaker 3: Now you can taste it, right, Yeah, now you can taste it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, isn't there isn't isn't cinnamon part of Doctor Pepper?
Speaker 3: Isn't that part of the I think yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it definitely has a calmly cinnamony esque flavor. I would have guessed its not bad. It's not. It's not.
Speaker 3: It's to take a bite of it.
Speaker 2: But now I've got another row, so you guys can take now, and you guys tell me if you can taste it.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean I can. I can absolutely taste it without even trying it again. I can try. It makes a ton of and the color, now that you know what the color definitely is Doctor Pepper's color. They're not terrible. Now that you know what, it tastes like good. I'm good too, No, I'm good. It's one hundred percent. I can totally totally taste it. That makes a ton of sense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, doctor Pepper. Yeah so Chris though knew that it was doctor Pepper.
Speaker 4: Pepper tasted it, thought, I don't think it's much like it, but I actually think it is a lot like it once, you know, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He loves mister Pib. He does. Come on, man, doctor Peppers. O g oh for sure, mister Pip didn't even go to medical school. Screw that guy, mister Pib. No, no, he loves that though. But a splash of regular he's gone?
Speaker 4: Where did he go?
Speaker 6: What should we talk about, mister pib peeps? What's the what's the knockoff Mountain dew?
Speaker 1: Well? It used to be what Sierra miss?
Speaker 4: Right, but I mean like the off off brand like mart Or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, doctor shafts.
Speaker 3: It's just called Grandpa's piss.
Speaker 1: God, what you right? It was not called Grandpa's piss. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Maybe I drink a different drinks.
Speaker 1: Something miss Piss, not Sierra Miss. Then something else wasn't it was? Is the Walmart version Mountain missed? It is for a similar name. Absolutely, it was a very obvious ripoff, and I don't remember which one it was now it might have been Mountain Missed It might have been. It was great. Well, they haven't mountain lightning lightning. Yeah, mountain lightning, mounta lightnings?
Speaker 4: What I got just going on top of the mountain to get justin.
Speaker 3: They got something called major melon sundrop.
Speaker 4: I saw a lot of that in Palm Beach there right.
Speaker 3: I bet you're dead man.
Speaker 4: Those surgeons down there are busy.
Speaker 1: I bet they are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's gonna be a lot of back problems to bet they is.
Speaker 1: They is. The San Antonio Spurs won one fourteen ninety five over the Blazers. Winby gets his first playoff series win. They win that series four games to one. So they are waiting for the winner of Minnesota and Denver and watching them wondering why Wenby had seventeen points, fourteen boards and six locks. There's Parker Fox. What really matters is this?
Speaker 3: I wonder if he would like to to try and peep look at.
Speaker 1: You, Parker. Were you listening driving in and had you ever heard of Rodney King until we talked about him. I was listening. I was interested in the doctor Pepper situation, and no, I had not heard of really, but we are old didn't four years ago, many old times.
Speaker 2: Imagine when you were twenty seven hanging out with somebody who was fifty five.
Speaker 1: No thanks, no, thank you.
Speaker 4: I did sounds illegal. When I worked at the ink factory in my low twenties, sure, everyone on my shift, because you start out it's the tub.
Speaker 7: Scrubber, so all the empty ink tubs come back to you. You got to climbing him to job, and so all my lunch breaks and everything were with dudes that were much older than me. I learned it from them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you do.
Speaker 1: That's how you're doing. So just in case Tommy's listening. So you would just get into a tub with a bunch of older men, No, just me doing tub. They watched you get in there right.
Speaker 7: Right, because they would make sure. They'd harass, make sure that things clean. So there is white ink going in there. We can't have any streaks.
Speaker 1: So they would watch you in a tub in rough talk you.
Speaker 4: They would rough talk the hell out of me.
Speaker 1: So close. What really matters, though, was this.
Speaker 2: Is let me see, okay, here you go. In nineteen sixty three, a man renovating his home in Turkey noticed his chickens kept disappearing. By the way, this is a million years ago, I asked, you about chickens.
Speaker 1: We never got to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't even Yeah, anyway, when I read this, I thought of you and chickens in your yard.
Speaker 4: Were they mal chickens?
Speaker 3: I don't know if they delivered mail or not.
Speaker 2: In nineteen sixty three, well done, a man renovating his home in Turkey noticed his chickens kept disappearing into a crack in this basement wall. When he dug it open, he found the ancient city of darren Cooyu. What an eighteen level city eighty five meters underground that sheltered twenty thousand people.
Speaker 1: Still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've been in there a long time. Somebody lost the key. Yeah, how about that his chickens kept going into the city.
Speaker 1: There must have been a ton of chickens down there. Then you know it's weird. Man.
Speaker 2: Beneath the famous fairy chimneys of Cappadocia lies a massive subterranean city that was in near constant use for thousands of years. And it's weird because I got a text yesterday from you guys, know, Alyssa, who is a friend of mine. She just went to Turkey and she told me they went to the city called Cappadocia and I'm just reading about this this morning.
Speaker 1: How weird is that? That's very weird. I want to go to Turkey so bad. That's on my bucket list. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Goblin.
Speaker 1: If you if you found out that, like the state of Missouri sure was doing a modern version of this, eight would you say eighteen stories? Yeah, eighteen story underground city, I'd go, I'm gonna get claustrophobic. I ain't going in there now. You find out that it's how old you say it was like a thousand or two thousand years old? Yeah, hard pass. That's a death trap, chicken.
Speaker 4: They got to when you the people were to be able to design that, get it to be able to not collapse. What were they hiding from?
Speaker 3: I think it didn't have air conditioning?
Speaker 1: Yeah it could be, you know what I mean, because damn, what if they were just doing a long plate and it was just an epic chicken trap.
Speaker 3: Still working guys, or or what if.
Speaker 1: Like the goonies, it's just the start of the trail to one eyed Willie's Treasure. Yea, So like somebody has a map, but instead of like under a restaurant, you start getting, you know, into the booby traps and whatnot. This is just under a random farm in Turkey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Larry, your your Turkey trap works like a charm, still working all these millennia later. Congrad relations, Nice work, my friend, well done. It was arid, hot, windy, and devastatingly beautiful. Gross hot, honey, you go, yeah, I knew a Wendy's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This volatile volcanic environment naturally sculpted the spires running the conical mushroom capped shapes, and made it easy to carve caves underground.
Speaker 1: Look at that stuff. I almost said the bad word. It's unbelievable. It sounds awful.
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's kind of cool though.
Speaker 1: Cool yeah, cool, but scary from an engineering perspective. Like John just said, I don't know how they pulled it off. I don't know because they were probably just like it's so old, you're going eighteen stories down.
Speaker 3: I think it was more like this, God, life sucks if this collapses on me.
Speaker 1: As cool. Yeah, it's all right.
Speaker 2: I ain't got air condition. My nuts are always sweaty. Oh oh yeah, I tds that I can count, not even know what STDs are.
Speaker 6: Man, you're speaking like your great Grandpa, I got ancient crabs.
Speaker 1: Oh you add normal crabs? All right, Parker Fox is here. The news is next, Johnny, what twenty more minutes with you?
Speaker 9: Or what?
Speaker 1: Do you got a better? Okay, so John's got one more segment of this.
Speaker 3: Wait, but I'm sorry. I have an idea how he's here?
Speaker 1: Now? We should?
Speaker 2: Do you want to play Parker Fox in the box? Do you wanna were gonna wait till later? Somebody I was gonna say, because it doesn't matter?
Speaker 1: Okay? Cool money on the line, Neil all right, can't believes it does. Poor the Powergep won need you join for this? In the me