Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker.
Speaker 2: Well, if Justin Robleski's not going to Philadelphia for the All Star Game, I don't know if any of them should show up. Another great outing for the Dodger left hander, and Justin joins us right now. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no worries, no worries. Happy to be on Hey.
Speaker 2: The day after starts or in between starts, you wear eyeglasses, So I feel like you're in your Clark Kent mode right now. And then when you go out there every every week or every fifth day, you just grip it and rip it out. Do you wear contacts when you're pitching?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do. I do. I can't see very well, so that's why I throw the ball.
Speaker 1: And I don't hit it anymore. So that's all part of it. But yeah, the glasses are just way easier than the context. Contacts dry out get annoying. So are the glasses as long as I can. I mean, I'm about to put my contacts on and get my work done today. But most of the time, when I'm not at the field, that's glasses, all right.
Speaker 2: I know when you're on the mound and you're getting ready for a start the All Star Game, and things that are out of your control you don't concern yourself with, but it's hard to ignore how good of a first half you've had. Are you starting to think about the All Star Game?
Speaker 3: I mean, it'd be cool to be a part of it, for sure.
Speaker 1: Obviously it's something you know that's a big deal, and you want to you know, put yourself an opportunity in a position to kind of you know, be among the names that that are you know, thrown around for that.
Speaker 3: That's really cool.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, for me, I think there's a lot you know, I can continue to get better at I'm kind of more concerned with, you know, how can I improve outing to outing and you know, just month to month and getting better and whether it's you know, usage, whether it's you know, location, whatever it is whatever. Maybe I think that's kind of my focus is just trying to get better each outing. And you know, again, like I said yesterday, wherever the chips fall, if that ends up being an All Star Game this year, great, but that's also just a halfway point in the season. So you know, after the All Star break is more important. So that's what I'm I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 2: And how do you plan on stage strong because obviously you're pitching more this year as a starter than a versatile pitcher last year. How are you adjusting having this workload?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I feel good.
Speaker 1: I mean last year we did a good job with you know, I was up and down, but there was a lot of times where I was throwing. You know, I probably threw a cheumutive like one hundred and thirty plus innings last year, maybe more if you count like the lives and all that stuff that we did at the end of the year, you know, in the playoffs. So I feel good. I feel like I'm in a good spot again. It's just continuing to hammer the routine, hammer, just sleep and all that important stuff. And yeah, just trying to stay healthy and just pitch and take the ball every time they tell me to.
Speaker 2: So you're talking sleep, that's Otani's line. All sleep. So you're a young guy, so you just keep it mellow. You get as much sleep as you can do. You have a certain number of hours.
Speaker 1: I'm not as much of like an hour's guy. I've worn an r ring sleep track stuff for the past, you know, five or six years now, so I kind of know, like, you know, I need to be in bed for nine hours is usually like that's kind of like in bed for but usually that equates to like, you know, eight and a half eight hours of sleep, and you know, obviously I'm not always like the best about it, but like at the end of the day, like if I can get it within that range, and I think I've slept better this year than I have in previous year.
Speaker 3: So it's all.
Speaker 1: It's all been good, and it's again just continue to try to get you know, one percent better in every area. And that's kind of an area that I've improved a lot since I started tracking it.
Speaker 2: Justin Robleski is our guest. All right, So Robleski pitched last night on a national stage. In case you didn't know this, the game was on TBS, and we all know Pedro Martinez likes to tweet out different things, and he gave Justin Robleski a nickname. He said, the Dodgers have a lot of great whites in their rotation, but Robleski is a shark and he is now corning you the shark. Can I run with that nickname?
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: Did you think that a Hall of Famer like Pedro is giving you the nickname the Shark?
Speaker 3: You know, Maggie really likes it.
Speaker 1: He thought it was really funny, and so he's been running around, you know, asking everybody where.
Speaker 3: The Shark is today. So that's been pretty funny.
Speaker 1: But no, in all seriousness, you know, anytime you can get you know, you can be even talked about by a guy like Pedro, it's super cool. And you know, I've been a big you know fan of his, like watching his brother, like his you know, commentary stuff is cool. And then obviously, you know, I go back and I watched some of his addings whenever I get the chance, and you know, he was elite, arguably one of the best, if not the best pitcher of all time, you know, in an era where it was really hard to pitch, he dominated.
Speaker 3: So it's super cool. You know, the nickname is funny.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's it's some Yeah, whatever people want to run with, they can run with.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's it's funny, and it's.
Speaker 1: It's obviously super cool that to you know, be talked about by someone like like Pedro.
Speaker 2: So when we think about great white sharks. We're talking about the ultimate predator. Do you like that's why he thought about you as a shark? Are you the predator on the mound going after these hitters?
Speaker 1: And like chum, I can't speculate on what Pedro thought.
Speaker 3: You might have to ask him.
Speaker 2: I don't know what does that mean to you?
Speaker 3: Though? I don't know. It's not my nickname. I didn't give it to myself. You know, I can't. I can't. I can't speak on why he would give me that. You gotta ask him, all right?
Speaker 2: So can I run with this?
Speaker 3: Can I? Can?
Speaker 2: I stick with the shark?
Speaker 3: Whatever you want to do?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right? Good? Glad to know that I could start going forward with a Hall of FAMERUS nickname for Justin Robleski, the.
Speaker 3: Shark, shark, whatever works, man, all right? Love it.
Speaker 2: There he is Tanner Scott. He's got the dorsal fin out for the shark Justin Robleski. He'll receive a gift card to Javier's. He'll be hunting some fine Mexican cuisine in La Joia, in Pasadena, maybe even in Newport Beach. Justin, thanks a lot for the time. And you're clubhouse manager Alex Torris better get that All Star jers. He ready for you in philadelph Thank you, Thank you, Dave, thank you. Hey, get ready, Philly, The Shark is coming to town.