Speaker 1: And Jesus was.
Speaker 2: We were just listen John Daily tell a story on Sauzy's phone about this rich guy in Australia and about how he lost eight point two million dollars one day and the next day he came back and won fifty two million.
Speaker 3: And they had to and then Steve Win because they didn't have the money built the wind carry packers an Australian media typhoon. Wow, he lost eight point two million dollars in three hours. Galleling was like, I didn't gonna need more money to play tomorrow, can I right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: These were six point five billion dollars. I didn't understand the Steve Win part of it though.
Speaker 6: They had to borrow money.
Speaker 3: They probably the desert in to pay him back, and then I would guess Steve Winn borrowed him the money or whatever, and then he took over the location.
Speaker 2: Oh I see, so the desert where right? Because part of the story Corey was the day before he was going to write it, write them a check to for the eight point two million, and they said we prefer cash, right, So the next day comes back and wins fifty two million, they said, we'll write to check. He said, I prefer cash.
Speaker 6: Yeah, smart play great come back?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, jeez, the ball.
Speaker 5: They didn't have that money. So Steve Winn took over, Yes, and he loved games.
Speaker 4: How do you hold fifty two million in cash? That's that's a lot.
Speaker 3: How about this story from his Wikipedia. Packer was a longtime heavy smoker, lucky avid gambler, pack lucky uh, and he had huge losses and wins in his gambling career. In nineteen ninety nine, a three day losing streak at a London casino cost him twenty eight million dollars. He once won thirty three million at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Speaker 5: So here's here's the part that you know that why that doesn't mean that doesn't mean much to me. If you are a gambler, you have highs and lows. Yeah, So for the rest of us that play at the stakes that we've yes, they're off. So for the rest of us that play at the stakes that we play, you have good days and bad days. When you're in that stratosphere and you are winning fifty two million, and yeah, there's days you lose thirty million, right, Like that's just the stakes that he's at. That would be the same of it as us winning five hundred losing three hundred. Like to him, it's the same thing. Yeah, yeah, how about this.
Speaker 3: The Ritz Hotel in London even had its own room for carry packer that he was able to play blackjack with a minimum of ten thousand pounds per hand. He once lost more than nineteen million in his own room. But he loved gambling.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's too bad. Like you know, everybody dies no matter how much money got, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder if our guy's got any carry packers stories. Yeah quinjam oh I bet he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, maybe it'll be in the news again.
Speaker 5: The hardest part, by the way, of playing at those steaks is finding a casino that will let you play at those steaks, and not every casino in the world will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he ain't playing penny slots.
Speaker 4: No, he's betting ten thousand pounds and.
Speaker 2: Bless yes scene, Yeah, he.
Speaker 6: Loves scambling a thousand pounds. He looks like a gambler.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, big time. He's like sweating.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah no, I mean literally yeah, he just went almost lamp Oh.
Speaker 2: What all the news?
Speaker 3: This is campaign news with Chris Hockey presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 2: That's right, thank you, Saint Paul Saints. It's almost baseball season. Another summer in the sunshine. Guys, let's go right on. More info on that time.
Speaker 5: So yeah, the best, great people, great ballpark.
Speaker 6: Yeah, grand faces, cheese curds.
Speaker 7: You guys.
Speaker 4: Are you guys doing like a thing there this.
Speaker 2: Year we'll do all kinds of things, the future of ice cream. Yeah, it's you know, it's a big year for the Patrie Morning Show. We got Big Dame's foot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we told you off here, Tommy. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I couldn't be more excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be big.
Speaker 6: Yep. The rest of the station's so happy for.
Speaker 2: Us, you know what. They're invited, but they have to pay their own way.
Speaker 4: Not your problem, not your problem at all. Ye put off historic numbers.
Speaker 6: See what's going on?
Speaker 2: Oh love it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got your guys back through and through.
Speaker 2: Damn right, you like my backside?
Speaker 4: God, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just can't. I want to nobody.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: It's cool. I know you do.
Speaker 1: We will.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 4: It's cool. It's cool.
Speaker 2: If happiness were an Olympic event, the Nordic countries would be guaranteed a spot on the podium. Actually all three on the podium. According to the latest edition of World Happiness Report, I believe it, the three happiest countries in the world are Finland, Iceland and Denmark. Have you been to Denmark? I have Have you any place they thought you were WEIRDO?
Speaker 3: Yes, I will stared at everywhere. I don't think they've invented black people yet in Denmark. Unfortunately, Poland has now taken the title away from Denmark. Wrestled it. It was. It was the worst it's ever been. Yeah, for sure, because it was.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 4: I mean, Denmark was pretty bad.
Speaker 3: It was like pointing and laughing, and people might say, well, well, how do you know.
Speaker 4: I've lived my whole life.
Speaker 3: I can tell the difference, and sometimes, obviously I understand I'd even just I look different. Not everybody's walking down the street with an afro and I no, it's piercing.
Speaker 4: I fully understand that.
Speaker 3: But it's like, in twenty twenty six, I don't think there's anybody that could walk down the street where I would point and laugh at them and gasp that they were even in my presence, you know, like that's just every And it was the laughing that kind of did it for me.
Speaker 4: In Poland, everybody was laughing.
Speaker 2: Well, racism likes them, makes them happy. In Denmark are the happiest three countries in the world, according to his latest dead I've been to Finland, I've been through Iceland, spend Iceland just.
Speaker 5: At the airport, just the airport that was on the way back from Norway, which is also a Nordea country. And again Norway I thought was the happiest country I've ever been to as well. Everybody was like they just walked everywhere. They all had coffees. They all looked like they were in great shape because they walk. They don't drive.
Speaker 4: Walkable is the is.
Speaker 5: The key there, because everybody's outside, they're all communal, right, They're all hanging out. Everybody helps everybody, everybody opens doors for everybody. Everybody seem crazyngitude is us, right, so it's like the same temperature.
Speaker 2: It's real close. They're a little above us. But now by far. We talked about this not long ago, and I just remember that I'm gonna I'm gonna put that in.
Speaker 6: So it snow's there too, for sure.
Speaker 5: But that's I just think that's the key is the happiest people seem to be one thing, are forced to go outside frequently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, i'd buy into that. Well, think you're just sitting here.
Speaker 2: You know, he's sitting inside all day.
Speaker 5: He gets sat Yeah, why did you look outside?
Speaker 6: Can't gamble out? You're dead?
Speaker 5: And yeah you know they're dead and Jeff, they game. But Copenhagen, max. Isn't that like the number one biking city in the world.
Speaker 3: I would, I would imagine, so it's probably up there with Amsterdam as it's like legit bike traffic, adam.
Speaker 2: Way off by ways. They're quite a bit above us way. Sweden and Finland are up uh, like Canada.
Speaker 3: But it's weird because they don't have as cold the winter as that we do.
Speaker 6: I don't really why.
Speaker 2: I think it's because the water.
Speaker 6: Right that's that must be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the oceans and stuff like that. But we're like I'm looking at a map right now, we are almost even with France and Italy and Minnesota is yeah really yeah, like Kazakhstan and Mongolian, but like does it it uh in different parts of it shore?
Speaker 4: I mean, you just watched the winter Olympics. Correct, I should probably take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, dude, It's okay because I'm here, gotcha.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I've been saying that for the last handful of months on this show that whether it's Jeopardy or US talking about geography, it like actually kind of pisses me off that I know so little about the world.
Speaker 4: And uh, there's that, like I forget that that.
Speaker 5: I think it's a barstool bit that drop a pin Do you guys follow that on Instagram? Now there's a dude that does a drop a pin bit and he's always doing geography like breakdowns and quizzes with other barstool people. It's like, I kind of love it, and every time he asks questions, I'm like, man, I don't know anything about the world.
Speaker 6: It actually kind of depresses me.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm glad that Max was doing like literally just throwing a dart at the globe, because I man, if you said how many countries are like two hundred, one hundred ninety one hundred ninety five, you gave me a blank globe instead filling one ninety five, I bet I could get four young for me or you yourself. I don't I would never answer for you, But I mean, I bet I could get maybe fifty, like and that's not even that's like maybe twenty five percent.
Speaker 6: Is fifties a meat grinder.
Speaker 5: That'd be tough, right, And maybe that maybe I'm maybe fifties high, right, I might maybe maybe it's less than that.
Speaker 7: I don't even think I could list fifty countries out to top of my head, just the names.
Speaker 4: Could you no.
Speaker 6: That sauce could get four? Yeah? United States?
Speaker 4: Asia?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Asia?
Speaker 1: But like.
Speaker 5: Then of course contents don't count, right, But then I one wrong.
Speaker 4: We're done, like sudden death. I'm out, no way about stop.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm only gonna do this even though its kind of a what really matters? It's not really a news story, but it's kind of news because they just figured this out. But are you guys? And Tommy sir? So I got to do it now, so everybody be cool. Tommy, just be cool. Just watch yourself. But I'm doing this because you're here. Okay, you know, can you picture your mind thomers a platypus?
Speaker 4: I know, I actually don't know what to play.
Speaker 2: Okay, Zacho, could you show them a picture of a platypus on your uh on your computer there, please.
Speaker 4: And please oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah right, all right.
Speaker 2: They're famously weird, right They look like like God had some leftover stuff.
Speaker 4: Right, it really does duck.
Speaker 2: Build egg laying mammals. They found something even weirder about them. They didn't know. They just realized this. Okay, by the way, they're venomous, which I didn't know. They can sense electricity, and they glower under UV light. Again, all those things were new to me. But here's something they just figured out. They okay, the female platypus produces milk with no nipples.
Speaker 6: So how does it secrete exact or?
Speaker 2: That was a great way to ask that question.
Speaker 4: It sounded good, really did by myself. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Your mom just wiped a tear from.
Speaker 6: Tommy just said the sagreen.
Speaker 2: I don't I can look on down here.
Speaker 4: I don't know to make out.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, you're back.
Speaker 4: How else could you do it?
Speaker 3: They produce milk through specialized memory memory memory plans, but they like nipples and said the milk seeps through the pores onto the skin of the female's admin where they do body shots off of for.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say it does like the male come in and sweep in there.
Speaker 6: The young platypusses or the uggles.
Speaker 3: Young platypusses are puddles, puggles, puggles, pugg l e s then lap up the milk from the sweaty milky film on the mother's skin.
Speaker 5: That'll do it, the one poss.
Speaker 2: They said, the mother.
Speaker 8: My god, so they have to lick it up. Kiss, no nipples, Mom, we're out of milk.
Speaker 2: Could you go for.
Speaker 3: So that's how the young what do they puddles, tuggles, g g l e s are They mean.
Speaker 7: It's probably convenient for a young puggle that they don't have to wait for a nipple to be open.
Speaker 4: You just lick wherever.
Speaker 7: Right, think about it, it's like instead a little like a little kiddy cats, they got to wait for nipples.
Speaker 4: Now you're just you're licking body.
Speaker 6: You're fine, Quit voice texting, Right, it's the truth.
Speaker 7: It's just wide open spaces looking.
Speaker 5: Some of us are willing to wait instead of just licking whatever's put in front of us.
Speaker 4: Open.
Speaker 6: Not all of us have played college football.
Speaker 4: It's not wide open. It's not a spin the wheel. It's like it's the same place.
Speaker 7: A way bigger area for young someone someone talking about.
Speaker 4: The whole latch factor. That's a big thing.
Speaker 6: No latching, no latch factor.
Speaker 7: So these young puggles have a way better chance of surviving because you can just lick wherever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just probably all not just selection stuff.
Speaker 6: The milk.
Speaker 4: All kind of just happened.
Speaker 2: Ye sure, yeah, man, I'm fascinated.
Speaker 4: Now do they do do they know how they mate?
Speaker 6: Mate?
Speaker 4: My god, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: Do they do? They do they fornicat?
Speaker 4: Or is it more of like an egg situation?
Speaker 6: How does this all happen?
Speaker 3: Multi day cordship that includes the old love donut move or.
Speaker 6: The male.
Speaker 3: Or the male grass the female's tail with his bill, so.
Speaker 4: He bites the tail. Yeah, oh he oh he.
Speaker 3: After mating females bills specialized nesting burrows of one of the three soft leathery eggs, which they have inculbate between their tail and belly.
Speaker 6: Hm.
Speaker 5: Wow, they are a weird animals.
Speaker 4: Are they angry? Are they more like hotters?
Speaker 6: That are nice?
Speaker 4: I can see him being like otters.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that there are some angry ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the mong.
Speaker 5: You gotta stop thinking about this. You gotta stop and don't say the word feast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they will what do you call it?
Speaker 6: Lick?
Speaker 4: When we want me to say they have to? I mean the puggles they live the dream. They they're laying in their own room.
Speaker 7: If you think about otters, and you think about like an otter floating backwards and the kids are just laying on the stomach, they're just eating as they lay.
Speaker 6: That's the dream. It's like breakfast and bed it is.
Speaker 4: That's perfect.
Speaker 5: My god, how badly Tommy?
Speaker 6: Do you want to be a puzzle?
Speaker 7: It sounds like a great way to grow up because you're just eating wherever.
Speaker 2: We are less than a week away from him cosplaying as a.
Speaker 3: Master.
Speaker 4: What did they develop the beak that they have? When did they develop it?
Speaker 7: Well? Maybe maybe that's why this all started, because the beaks take a long time to like develop that they just needed an open body that they just go and have to lick because that beak probably has to help them eat some needs.
Speaker 2: Who needs science?
Speaker 1: Right? Just give.
Speaker 5: Is that you Let's let's not call an evolutionary biologist. Tommy's got it all out, Bill, God, that was great back and then yeah, substitute science teacher, this throw on Bill?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he was here a couple of years ago. Yeah, Bill not, Yeah, he was. He had a show downtown.
Speaker 2: It was sweet, really comedy, comedy science.
Speaker 7: I think I think Bill and I has like you know, no, I wasn't going there.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, like how rock stars have like one of those group groupies.
Speaker 6: Do you think Bill and I has some group of science groupies?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Maybe? Yeah, absolutely, All I know.
Speaker 5: All I know is that if any of us actually show up to Tommy's Master's party on Masters Saturday, Everybody's going to be dressed in golf attire except for Tommy, Who's going to be dressed like a duck Bill platypus and just pour on every dude that walks in. I'll look it off.
Speaker 6: You go, Oh my god, you can have a stuck Bill. Welcome you gotta go.
Speaker 4: I got it wrong.
Speaker 6: Love you, I love you guys, Love you brother.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll see you next week. You joined attorney, No, I can't wait. It's gonna be the best ever. Who'd you take in court versus? For?
Speaker 6: I forget you took.
Speaker 4: The Florida Duke Arizona and Iowa State.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, there it is Florida Duke, Arizona, Iowa State.
Speaker 6: Hell Yeah, there's.
Speaker 5: A bunch of people and we'll go through that in a seconds of power Troop bets. Here's all of the teams, but we have something like six or seven people in it this year.
Speaker 6: It's a good number.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 7: Do you want to go five to one and I'll take the Gators just straight up?
Speaker 5: Uh? No, okay, neither Okay, let.
Speaker 4: Me get it.
Speaker 1: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: I'm just hoping that he doesn't say anything, but that mc got over there. We're going okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Bob motscow is out does the Gopher.
Speaker 3: Men's hockey Oh see the Gopher men's hockey coach. After eight seasons, he was a three time Big Ten Coach of the Year. He was one seventy two to one oh four and twenty four. Is the Gopher head coach. And last season they were eleven, twenty two and three. So why is Rosy laughing at it?
Speaker 2: Why did he say that button?
Speaker 6: I don't know. He hates me anyway.
Speaker 3: If he listens to the podcast, he's gonna hate you.
Speaker 6: No doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Why he's something Zach like that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, phenomenal, phenomenal dude. I've got to cover him up in Saint Cloud State before he came down here.
Speaker 2: This was brought to you by our friends of Saint Cloud State. St Cloud State.
Speaker 3: Yeah hockey, Well multi minute at this point, but yeah, no, Motscow great, great guy, a great coach, had a lot of success, just had a really bad year.
Speaker 6: And I think you know that the job has changed so much.
Speaker 3: Say was it was a mutual parting of ways, So I don't think this is your traditional firing. I think he maybe had a would have had a looser leash, but he I think was happy to move on. So obviously, best wishes to him, best wishes of this program, and hopefully Mark Well can find a good a couple of good coaches here moving forward for the Gopher hockey team. Which very weird to have both men's and women's teams not have a coach right now, but yeah.
Speaker 6: Very weird, Maxo.
Speaker 3: The Wolves crushed the Jazz oneeven, one eleven. That's the most points the Wolves have scored all season. They've won two straight. They battled the Blazers tomorrow with seven o'clock. We were just talking about it with Martins on Tuesday that they pretty they had to have these last two games, and they got them, and look at that they're low and behold, they're the fourth seed in the Western Conference. Because that's how tumultuous the Western Conference is right now. And these games, you know, what are you playing against Utah Jazz. You like to think in your head that's it's a foregone conclusion. But we've seen what the Wolves tell the season that has not been the case. But like you said, they scored the most points they have all season. Joe Ingles got in the game. That's always that's the best as a Wolves fan. That is the best possible site that you can see. That means the game is out of reach. Joe Ingles is in the game, that got Zion pulling. Whoever the hell that is got in the game. I mean everybody was hooping last night. Bones was in double digits, Julius, Jayden, Rudy and no Anthony Edwards. I mean just absolutely stomped on the Utah Jazz. With only a few weeks left in the season, you got to get as many as many wins as possible, and it seemed like, you know, this team has been super up and down emotional rollercoaster. But the vibes, the vibes are high last night except for that kind of semi viral moment when Rudy Gobert missed a layup at the at the basket and you could see in the background Satan McDaniel's throw his towel in the air and Nazreed just put his head in his hands.
Speaker 4: It was it was really funny. But for now, that seems like the vibes are high.
Speaker 2: Hey, roll real quick. Listen to this sound bite from Finji talking about who do we play last night?
Speaker 6: The Jazz?
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen to that. He kind of takes a shot here.
Speaker 6: We needed to come out with a good start.
Speaker 9: You know, offense was pretty easy in this game, just a matter of time until we start guarding. And they're a high turnover team, so as long as you kind of put them under enough pressure, you can create those and then we were able to catch them in so but we turned it over a bunch ourselves too, but you know we were able to u survive that.
Speaker 3: Who they are Tank Central, Yeah, a whole un November. Yeah, it's the worst KEP secret in the NBA. They're the reason why there's new found uh inspiration behind the tanking rules is because they're tanking so obviously and so blatantly, and it looks I mean, those guys look miserable.
Speaker 2: So he wasn't give anybody built in board material.
Speaker 6: No, No, they don't care. They wouldn't carry their weight.
Speaker 4: They don't have a bulletin board.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Last night the Wolves were coming off of back to back without ant and they were still like fourteen point favorite and they score one hundred and forty seven. Boy, the Utah Jazz are in full meat sauce mode.
Speaker 6: Wolves are up to fourth or seed. Yeah, oh, you got to keep winning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the only couple games back from third third is still insight a game and a half pint.
Speaker 2: Ah, Is there a best matchup for us? If you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like who I mean?
Speaker 4: It would if you go up to third? Yeah, you I think have won three seventh Street. I wouldn't say the Rockets.
Speaker 3: Probably out of their options, They're not going to move up to first or second, because otherwise I'd say that the Sons or the Clippers would be awesome first round matchups.
Speaker 6: But I would say the Rockets more than anything.
Speaker 3: The Nuggets, although the Wolves have had their number as of late, it's still the Nuggets with one of the greatest players of all time, Nick Lee Jokicic and one of your two teams that are so familiar with each other, you just never know how those matchups are going to shake up. The Lakers are a better team than they were last year. I wouldn't mind a matchup with the Lakers, but I think Houston would probably be their best bet, which is who they would play right now if the playoffs started today. But the Wild and the Wolves have inverted playoff paths because the Wild, like we keep talking about, are going to run into Dallas and Colorado theoretically in the first two rounds, and those are the two best teams the conference.
Speaker 6: The Wolves.
Speaker 5: It's the opposite is that it almost doesn't matter who you play, even if it's Denver, because you eventually have to get through San Antonio and Oklahoma City, and that's just going to be so much more difficult than the Lakers or the Rockets or the Nuggets.
Speaker 6: So uh, Spurs and OKAC.
Speaker 2: And is there a home field thing, like if you get third, you get a certain.
Speaker 5: Amount, ye, you would get the extra game, but one through six is brutal right now in the Western Conference. I mean they could any of those teams could make a run to the Western Conference finals or or further literally any of those teams if you had to be right, they've had their number, Spurs or thunder who would go to the finals?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's more likely to win? I still it's hard for me to bet against Okay. See, as much as I would like to see the Spurs, I've become a big fan of Victor Wembinnam. I was a hater, I was a doubter, but he really is everything that everyone said he was going to be and more. It's just incredible. There's a highlight of him last night guarding a point guard on the outside on the perimeter, guarding a point guard pretty much falling for every shot fake possible and still getting a block because he's seven foot freaking twenty at this point.
Speaker 6: The kid keeps growing.
Speaker 3: But I would I would say the thunder Man, they just they just are two good. They're so good at the little things.
Speaker 5: Because I believe if I just looked at it right, San Antonio is four and one against OKAC this year. Yeah, I mean it's nuts, that is nuts.
Speaker 3: But once the playoffs come, I mean that that stuff gets thrown out the window. The Suns were three and oh against the Wolves of the year that they first swept him.
Speaker 6: So I think one of them was in the cup, right, so one of them.
Speaker 5: I don't think that game if that's why you can play them five times, I don't think that game quote counts or chair.
Speaker 4: But they beat him back to back games.
Speaker 5: Right around Christmas December twenty third, December twenty fifth.
Speaker 6: That was a home and home.
Speaker 3: It would be awesome overten those games too, and they have the roster to compete with them. That's one of the that's one of the main reasons they're they're super disciplined team, and that's just that's what you have to be against the Thunder because the Thunder don't make mistakes.
Speaker 2: By the way, Christmas was almost three months ago. I'm sorry, you just said that on my cud no crowd, I know. Did anybody listen to Braria History? Okay? He had this guy on who just finished a book about Larry Bird. I gotta listen to this. I don't know much about Larry Bird, which is dumb, but you know, I don't know much about basketball. Obviously, but I didn't know the whole thing about him going to Indiana University and basically just being forgotten. So he quit and then he went home and he wasn't gonna play basketball anymore. And then his dad died by suicide, and so he was done with basketball completely. And this guy came to his house from Indiana State, where ended up going to college, and talked him back into playing basketball. And one of the ways he got him to do it was that he brought one of Larry's high school teammates with him to be his roommate and be his buddy because he didn't have any friends and he had to skip his first year because he went to the University of Indiana First US right exactly. So they gave him a key to like the gym and just let him play basketball any time he wanted. And the guy said he would go by there like two in the morning and Larry be in their shooting baskets. I got to read this book. I did not know he went to Indiana temporarily. I just Indiana State was the coach then, and he just didn't care. He was just another player to Bobby. And now, of course, who would have known right man.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, if you get a chance to listen to that, that was a fascinating interview.
Speaker 6: Nice job, bout interesting. That sounds awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said he's a super interesting just character as well. He talked as much oh my gosh smack as anybody at NBA.
Speaker 4: History Doctor j twohand choked him.
Speaker 2: Did he really?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do you know how mad you have to be at someone to Bart Simpson's style getting choked them out? Then there was like some story about how these guys. I think I forgot how the story went, but it was something like these guys rolled into a gym and he beat most of them in like jeans and like a work shirt. Yeah, he just cooked them. He can shoot them, he can shoot the rocks so well. He used to tell people, I'm gonna go this is what's going to happen. I'm going to go over here on the left base line. I'm going to shoot a jumper right in your face, and I'm going to make it. And he would do exactly that that. I cannot imagine how frustrating Corey.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is still true, but the guy said that the matchup between Magic and Bird in the NCAA's is still the most watched college basketball game in the history of television. Wow, I think he said. Still I know he said at the time it was, but I think it might still be. Wow crazy. Anyway, there you go, Larry bird Man, Larry.
Speaker 5: Bird, A lot of coaches told us about the legend that Bird wanted to get better with his left so he didn't touch the ball with his right hand for like an entire offseason. Imagine dribbled left handed, shot left hand like all he did all off season.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, like I remember, even growing up playing middle school basketball, coaches once in a while would like reference that. But if you wanted to be great with both hands, get you might have to be as dedicated as Larry Bird and just say like, I'm never dribbling with my strong hand until I get better at gether one.
Speaker 2: And see, I never figured it out because I got I was as dedicated as Larry Bird Melman. I completely misconstrued what they said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you kept calling those ladies and using your left Now, Yeah, Chris got really good with both hands.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 6: Didn't need both both.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 4: More of the power to you morning is on the fan.
Speaker 6: Big Day Mystic Lake Hophouse.
Speaker 3: You can catch every tournament, upset, every highlight with the fan at hop house you enjoyed justin guard Meat Sauce and Parker Fox for Bracket Bash. Watch parties today, tipping off at eleven am, two pm, and five pm, respectively. That college sheets and the big screens and the prize is flowing all day long, putting sixty five inch TVs. Get all the details at KFA dot com. Keyword calendar. Can't wait, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, it all begins and then the NFL.
Speaker 5: Draft, Yeah, five weeks from the day Christmas and then twenty twenty seven on your LA Olympics.
Speaker 3: More missed preseason football or you miss Yeah? I was just gonna say you missed the Hall of Fame game. Oh yeah, we're going right?
Speaker 6: HOWK?
Speaker 2: Well, of course, I mean yeah, If I start talking about that too much, I start sweating milk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, thanks for Tommy's going.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what does break?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay for sure, all.
Speaker 5: Right, let's do Vikings do it? I got something.
Speaker 4: Viking News on the Power Trip presented.
Speaker 2: By Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, all right, let's see if you guys know this sauce.
Speaker 5: You read sports, right, you have to get ready for the seven twenty bit. You probably read I do how stories.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, if you guys know this, you know every year teams make recommendations in the NFL for rule changes, they get floated and then they have to get approved by the board right by twenty four of the thirty two teams for the rules to be permanent. Well, there's only a couple of rules that are being floated this year, and one of them is by the Cleveland Browns. Oh, they would like the number of years into the future you can trade draft picks to change. If you read this story, don't guess, Zack, it sounds like you read it, Saust. You read this, yes, sir, so all right, So for Chris and Max, currently, how many years into the future can you trade picks in the NFL?
Speaker 6: Four?
Speaker 2: It must be five? Maybe seven. I'm gonna go five.
Speaker 6: Though the current number is three.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Cleveland Browns want it to be five. This is the ESPN dot common story, and I read the most significant proposal came from the Browns, who are trying to extend how far into the future teams can trade draft picks. Current rules allow teams to trade draft picks up to three years into the future, compared to a seven year window in the NBA. I think this angle here this next paragraph the interesting part. A new crop of general managers has led to has led to more trades in recent years, and this rule change would make that easier in the future.
Speaker 6: There have already been six.
Speaker 5: First round picks from this year's draft that have been traded, with the latest coming earlier this week, with Denver setting its first rounder to Miami for Jalen Waddle. The Browns argue that these changes would lead to a more active trade market in greater roster flexibility. So they're saying, you remember, how like historically the NFL trade deadline was kind of a waste of times because there would be a couple of minor moves, but there were never big splashes because it just didn't happen.
Speaker 6: That was more for the other sports.
Speaker 5: But every year now the trade deadline in the NFL is getting more and more active, and they're saying these general managers are younger, more aggressive, willing to swing big. In Cleveland is saying if we extend it from three years to five years and there's even more draft capital, that bigger trades would happen, and it would be even more action packed. Pull your hands up. We have some breaking Vikings news. Oh so you have your attention.
Speaker 3: Veteran quarterback, horrifying news story talking, and I need all of you to stop what you're doing and listen.
Speaker 5: According to Tom Pellisero, he's pretty tapped in. He'll be on this show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Veteran quarterback Carson Wentz his re signing with the Vikings. Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 2: I thought I read to the Jets.
Speaker 5: So if Carson Wentz is signing here, then that is the end of Max Brosmer.
Speaker 3: Also might be the end of JJ McCarthy. I wouldn't say that someone could Brosemer practice, of course.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, But that's interesting active roster. I mean, unless they unless they move on from JJ or Tradeham or something, it's going to be Kyler and Newentz. I'm a fan of that guy, Carson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I like that guy as a third option.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess that's even The question is does Carson think he's option two or option three?
Speaker 6: I think he thinks he's optioned.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you I don't have any inside information.
Speaker 6: I think that's weird.
Speaker 3: Normally your third quarterback is somebody that is just an emergent, like.
Speaker 5: He's a Rosmer, He's a exactly third quarterback should be flyers that are young, developing quarterback.
Speaker 6: That's a former second overall pick. Totally agree. This is weird. It's a weird signing. It's weird.
Speaker 5: It's weird because that's the guy you should want as your backup, not as your third guy.
Speaker 3: See if it says they want to minimize the risk of having an inexperienced quarterback on the field in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 6: So then they don't want j McCarthy out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, JJ McCarthy, I would bet this is the end of JJ mccurty. Really, yes, you don't like the third quarterback would be somebody like Dobbs or who's the kid they drafted a few years ago the plate? Yes, what I mean, who's the kid they drafted Jaren Hall? Those are third quarterback flyers, not Carson Wentz.
Speaker 2: I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just asking a question. Can't you keep them all until training camp's over? Definitely, Ken, and then see who wins you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: And what are they paying wins? And what would they pay Dobbs.
Speaker 5: But here's again, here's the argument for JJ McCarthy that we've been saying all weeks since Kyler Murray signed.
Speaker 6: Here, Murray's using the Vikings.
Speaker 5: The Vikings are using Murray correct there to say, we're getting an unbelievable deal at like one point three million, and we agreed to not tag him.
Speaker 6: We don't have a tag in the contract.
Speaker 5: Kyle didn't want to tag because he wants to hit free agency next year. And sure you could say, well, if he has an awesome year, the Vikings will just lock him down. Well, that doesn't mean he wants to be locked out. Maybe he wants to go get money somewhere else. Right, Kyler wants the ability to map ximize his free agency if he has a monster year. So we all know that if he has a monster year, it's going to be really hard for the Vikings to not go Sam Darnold on it.
Speaker 6: They're going to offer him a giant contract Kyler.
Speaker 5: If Kyler resurrects his career and he looks like a number one overall pick all over again, the Vikings have to empty the bank account and say just stay here, we'll sign you. Because they clever here's the opposite what we've been saying all week. Let's say after halfway halfway through the year, Kyler's below average and we're a losing team and it's not going the right way, and it's very obvious this is a one year experiment with Kyler.
Speaker 6: It didn't work. It's over.
Speaker 5: You have to go back to McCarthy as quickly as you know it's over, because then Kyler's not coming back.
Speaker 6: You got to get JJ out there.
Speaker 5: I don't understand to your point, Sauce, Let's say Kyler halfway through the year sucks.
Speaker 6: And it's not working. We're two and six.
Speaker 5: What is going to Carson Wentz get you worthless win like we had at the end of this year, that like all those wins were worthless. It just put us in a terrible spot. Cool we got to nine to eight, Who cares. I don't understand Wentz is the number two either. As much as I like the guy, yeah, if you had if Patrick Mahomes was your quarterback, and you're like, look, we have a super Bowl team, we have a super Bowl quarterback. If he misses time, we need a veteran to keep us afloat or give us a chance. That makes so much more sense. He was the Viking situation. He was Patrick Mahomes' backup for a while. Carson Wentz was Yeah, I'm not anti Carson at all, but I'm with you my initial instinct because I don't understand this. I don't get it either unless you're onto something. And he's not going to be number three, He's going to be number one.
Speaker 3: You know, we can ask tomorrow tom Pella Sero. He's kind of connected.
Speaker 6: He's a little bit connected.
Speaker 5: He'll he'll be here tomorrow somewhere in the seven to seven thirty range, playing initial tonight.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get some inside info for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, by wait till tonight. Yeah, zach wants to know.
Speaker 3: Now, let's let's get them on the call, on the phone. What's the what's their phone number?
Speaker 2: You know what, if you need to take a deep breath.
Speaker 6: You need to relax.
Speaker 5: Theoretically, let's say they they said they signed Carson Wentz and they kicked JJ and Brozemer.
Speaker 6: To the curb on the same day.
Speaker 5: No, I mean somebody's going to have to have a wellness check on Zachary in about four hours. Yes, sorry, all right, Well, if they're both out the door because of you. He's all right, fair enough, So that's that's off out of context. People think that you mean because of me. It just because it's because of something I showed him. Yeah, he'll be anything better here.
Speaker 2: I hate to even say this because, as you guys know, this is going to result in me being in some uncomfortable positions if things go a different direction. But if you are making that decision, let's see what we can get for him, then we need help in a lot of spots.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't think you give you much for him, but I'm with you. If you're done with him, then trade him right for you exactly. Well, the reports that they almost did already right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Last year they were going he would have requested a trade had they brought in Rogers, Yeah, or back I think Sam.
Speaker 2: And if you were, if you're him and you watch who we just brought in, don't you kind of walk in the room and go, you know what, fine, you're rid of me?
Speaker 5: Then, even if he loves Carson Wentz, if you're going you just signed Kyler Murray and now you're re signing Carson Wentz.
Speaker 6: You're you don't where's my spot? Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh and not that again, Like the Vikings don't owe Jj McCarthy anything. It's a business, and you could argue he owes the Vikings more than they owe him, right, Like, they invested in him and it's not working out. So Jj is the one who hasn't performed. Yeah, he's missed a ton of time, right. They they invested a lot of capital to make sure he was the guy and so far he has not been.
Speaker 6: So that's a weird signing.
Speaker 4: Hmmm.
Speaker 6: Interesting.
Speaker 5: Can't wait to hear what Pello Sero says tomorrow. But he's not where Yeah, I mean it could be as simple as they want a veteran presence still in that locker room, I know, like Kyler is kind of though.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe they he just gelled well with the team last year.
Speaker 6: And what was the injury?
Speaker 2: Do you guys remember old?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this could be payback for you know, like, hey man, we almost killed you in LA last year. We got we gotta pay you something. Yeah, l in London. Yeah, he could barely move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm telling you man, tough son of a bitch.
Speaker 6: Yeah man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a fan of Carson. He seems like a great dude. Seems like the kind of guy you would want to be younger and healthy and happy and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: But I still don't understand this. I don't either.
Speaker 5: So interesting, right, Yeah, we'll talk to the kind of plugged in guy tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, great point, man.
Speaker 5: I wonder what JJ McCarthy's thinking right now, Like, what did they do.
Speaker 4: McCarthy in studio?
Speaker 3: JJ, open invite initials Monday through Friday.
Speaker 6: Please, he's only avail on Friday, hustle. He don't know what what are we doing? Just the goal here?
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 4: Great bit krec Ko, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Could you call us and just give us the insight info?
Speaker 6: What are we doing?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: For example, let's say we're five games in and Kyler gets hurt, regardless if he's playing well or not, injury based, injury based. Right, Let's say let's say he was playing well, playing bad, doesn't matter. Week five. Would you rather have them throw Wentz out there or McCarthy?
Speaker 6: What are we doing? McCarthy?
Speaker 5: I'd rather see JJ because if he's still on the team. The whole point is can the kid play or not? If if they're if they're already convinced he can't play. That's why we would give it to Carson. Then they're admitting he's not good enough, which means let's ship him out for whatever we can get and move on.
Speaker 2: Can I can I throw something at you on is he hurt for two games or for the rest of the season, because if you heard for two games, I'd rather see wins.
Speaker 6: Good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Seaford's the what what sauce red from Seaford sway? It kind of sounds like that's in that exact situation that that's the reason they're getting Carson Wentz because they said they want to avoid having an inexperienced quarterback on the field.
Speaker 2: Oh man, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 6: What are we doing? Is here? What are we doing?
Speaker 3: We're going to break I got a plan. Yeah, he just needs more needs more time. McCarthy needs more time. I think McCarthy's going to need more time somewhere else.
Speaker 6: What about right here? No, he's not going.
Speaker 3: We gotta have him in Relax, please's running out. Who's the Chargers back up? They really happened, right? I Mean the logical spot is you trade him to the Rams. That's that's what I'm saying it. Yeah, and I'm saying I'm saying Chargers put him with Harbaugh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's his guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but they got a rookie quarterback coming and you went to them.
Speaker 6: No Chargers.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm sorry, yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry? What was it?
Speaker 6: I just freaked out your raiders? AM five from Alice? What are you looking at?
Speaker 2: Case he's thinking about?
Speaker 5: You're looking at how much it would cost to move to Los Angeles or the Chargers.
Speaker 2: That's more than mildly creepy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's real weird.
Speaker 2: You moving across the country just to follow the guy. You can do that from afar.
Speaker 5: You know that is stalking one oh one, following him without his permission.
Speaker 2: Yeah, without him even knowing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't even think you know, you're starting to stalk him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we lack about JJ. He just went almost lamp.
Speaker 4: No, he did not.
Speaker 3: He went to the opposite work for the can the Chargers Audio Network can.
Speaker 4: Give me jokes that are too easy?
Speaker 2: I don't want to go
Speaker 5: There, all right, Fan five and a second headlines later, This is the power Trip Morning Show on the It