Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadas terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 3: And Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: What a Dodger Power Out?
Speaker 5: Not chosen Money Am five seventy LA Sports re live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Already gave away our one hundred dollars gift card today for the NFL Shop. We'll have one tomorrow, one Thursday, one Friday, and then we'll pull our grand prize winner on Friday courtesy of Good Morning Football Overtime on Fox eleven plus. That is a two night's day at Resorts World Las Vegas and four tickets to Raiders v. Broncos at Allegiance Stadium in Vegas on December seventh, So that's Tomorrow three to seven show, Thursday one to three show, Friday three to seven show, three more gift cards, one grand prize winner.
Speaker 4: And that has been scheduled talk on the Petrosen Money Show. Make sure you follow us on social media platforms or follow AM five seventy on Instagram. They do a great job. And make sure you follow us on the app app, the iHeartRadio app, so you can get the latest note of fires and you can cover the earth like Sherwin Williams with The Petrosen Money Show on demand, stream it live or podcast it later, but it's always there. Tim Kates make sure dirm shim sure that it is up. But right now, as we move forward with our content, it is time for the final hour fun Fact effect. It's the Yeah three Fun Fun Facts brought to you by Concordia University IRVINES Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration Program. It's a fact that a coach has more influence on others in one year than an average person does in a lifetime. Make the most of that opportunity to impact others by finding out more at CUI dot edu.
Speaker 5: Slash coaching, combining yesterday with the with a portion of the top story from today during the Dodger Power Hour as your on a lower fun fact, what.
Speaker 4: A power hour, not the final hour, but a power.
Speaker 5: Our, right, and yesterday power lunch. So here's a very powerful.
Speaker 4: Another power lunch coming up in December.
Speaker 5: December one downy one to three pm. Our next Bjay's Restaurant in brew House live appearance. Did you know the most popular pizza in Japan is called mayo yaga tomato sauce onion corn potato panchetta and then after it's baked on top of that a very thick bead in a crisscross pattern across the top of the pizza of mayonnaise.
Speaker 4: Yeah. They have a Japanese restaurant in Torrents Or of Redondo area on pch that my brother took me to. That is Japanese Italian food, So they make that and they make pasta and like all kinds of different Italian dishes but made in a Japanese style and very popular, very very popular, not just with Japanese. Yeah, I enjoyed the place. I thought it was good. It was they have the Yeah, yeah, they that mayo Yaga pizza. They had all that stuff. Did you try Maybe I don't remember, Not sure how I feel about it. It's good. I let anything with mayonnais is great. I love you know, come on, man, you know I love the male bowl. But just give it to me. But there is there is a there is a market for that. The Japanese made Italian Italian food. Its Italian inspired Japanese food, I guess, is what you would call it, because it is different. You know, it's not like going to the you know, a traditional Italian restaurant like the Olive Garden or that's.
Speaker 5: The best Italian food on the planet, exactly right. But the boots I think a Japanese spot won the pizza of the year. Like two years ago, the best pizza in the world was a Japanese joint that was awarded.
Speaker 4: You know how, we'll really throw them a curve ball. Let's do this.
Speaker 2: This will get him talking.
Speaker 4: And then the Italians very, yeah, very unhappy. It's a pizza, all right, It's time for quick hits. Everybody to ms quick hits.
Speaker 3: Do make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The Lakers are ten and four, they have won two in a row. They're at home tonight versus the Utah Jazz and Lebron James in an effort to create a buzz is a game, well, is it gonna make you come back? The game time decision about whether or not he's gonna play tonight When he does eventually make his season debut, how does Lebron James see himself fitting in.
Speaker 6: I'm a ballplayer. I'm not the best thing about me in the way I'm built my game over my whole life and my coaches in the little league. I've never had a position, will always just stay position is cass be positioning.
Speaker 4: It's not one team, one club.
Speaker 6: In the world that I can't fit any places. I can do everything on the floor, So whatever this team needs me to do and more, I can do it when I'm thanks to myself.
Speaker 4: Nobody believes you anymore. Nobody believes the things you say anymore. Nobody likes your self propaganda. Lebron, you can play any club in the world right now. I'll fit in anyone.
Speaker 5: I heard Macaby tel Aviv does not have a position for him. They're like, you cannot fit into what we do here.
Speaker 4: Mac could be tel Aviv okase He's like, hey, no, thanks.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 5: Well, I hope he's out there, because you know that's sciatica, debilitating, terrible, incredibly you had it? No, thank goodness, I have. Well, then you can say yes when he asks yes. See, there you go more Lebron James New have ever been in space?
Speaker 4: Y'all? Ever been in space? I guess I can't. I have to say no, Okay, you ever had it? No more Lebron James Newsron He and Steve Nash and Steph Curry on their special podcast this week, Nothing's still going a legend? According to this it is?
Speaker 5: Is it still like considered one of the bigger podcasts out there? People listening to uh mind the Game.
Speaker 4: Probably don't do it enough to have it be a big I think this is episode two of the NBA season, so they're not doing it very often.
Speaker 5: Not like they did with JJ when there was high to man man, I mean f win and s and f and gimme more veno.
Speaker 4: They started talking about the twenty twenty eight LA Olympics and Lebron said he's not playing, no kidding. You already know my answer. James responded, I'll be watching it from Cabo Cabo.
Speaker 5: Cabo did I miss that the Summer Olympics were going to be in Mexico.
Speaker 4: No, they're here.
Speaker 2: Seems like you'd be watching.
Speaker 5: I'd like to think, if you know, you got a lot of your former teammates and friends and clutch agents see clients playing in the Olympics for the USA, that maybe.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's better than Kancun.
Speaker 2: You'd be watching it from here, not Cabo.
Speaker 4: Steph Curry said he might be there.
Speaker 2: I'll be watching him. You did plenty of Olympics. Yes, man, I think he might.
Speaker 7: It is the opposite answer what I told him last year. It's like guy Willing, I still have the choice and the physical option to be like I could actually impact the team. I never say never, but I highly doe it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'd like to see Steph Curry on that team better than seeing him in Cabo watching it.
Speaker 4: I'll be in Cabo. Yeah, I don't care. I don't.
Speaker 5: Lebron, I don't think you realize how how off putting that sounds. You gonna be in Mexico, like, instead of watching the Olympics. Aren't you a former Olympialympian. It'd be great to have you court side the great Lebron James, a man who claims to be himself the greatest player ever.
Speaker 4: He can't fit in on any team in America. He might play for the Cabo shrimp Heads that that day. Or didn't he carry out the American flag at one of the last Yeah, how about you embrace your country.
Speaker 5: And he's never been the best player on his Olympic team.
Speaker 4: You know, this guy just can't do anything right. According to us, we got to give him a break.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was Kobe, it was Carmelo. Like every Olympics, it was somebody else, not Lebron that was the best player out there.
Speaker 4: That's only because he allowed that to happen.
Speaker 2: You fit into any team, including the Shrimp Hits.
Speaker 4: And the Maccabee Tel Aviv. Damn well, they don't want them. Team Serbia says no thing, So no thank you. Clippers are four and tests. Well they lost to in a round. It's a road trip. They're in Orlando on Thursday to take on the Moroco ten with like three minutes to go, slipped away four o'clock tip on a five seventy, that is Thursday. Sketchut NFL football on Thursday, and instead we got four and ten UCLA's three and six, three and four into Big ten, playing the final ever home game at the Rolls. But I can't believe I'm saying that on Saturday night versus Washington, Well, not.
Speaker 5: A done deal and he got to come to an agreement there on that particular financial compensation package.
Speaker 4: The Bruins are ten and a half point favorites. Well, actually the Dogs are ten and a half point favorites versus the Bruins. The Dogs are not the underdog. You and Soft you got a bet on this one? No, you should. I haven't talked. I'll talk to him tomorrow seven thirty kickoff on NBC TV. They're worried about losing Jed Fish over there.
Speaker 2: And at USC.
Speaker 5: No concerns over Lincoln, Riley and Eugene on Saturday, there are concerns.
Speaker 4: But a win in Oregon, well he might go to LSU. You might go to uh yeah, Florida flow Rider. Maybe somebody leaves Texas, Lincoln goes to Texas.
Speaker 5: That make a lot of sense. But for now, let's see, they've been counting us out. Those game day folks. You want me to pay respect to those game day folks after they gave us no time of day, we will not concern ourselves with such trifles. Up at Aughtston Stadium, the ducts are eight and a half point home favorites. Twelve thirty pm kick and it is the CBS broadcast that we'll have, But it is a post showdown. Game Day is going to be at Autstin Stadium. Even they don't have carrying the game, They're still going to give the kids what they want, and that's a shot at kicking that field.
Speaker 2: Goal for a couple hundred grand I'm confused. You're telling me he may leave us. See I heard this yesterday.
Speaker 8: Thanks.
Speaker 4: I mean he told Colin. I know I.
Speaker 2: Sold its fight on.
Speaker 4: Who knows what's going to happen. Lane Kiffin's a big part of it. He appeared on the Pat McAfee show the day after reports surfaced, and he denied that there was an ultimatum about the Egg Bowl and him making a decision at Ole Miss before. It Absolutely not true. There's been no ultimatum anything like that at all. I don't know where that came from. A lot of stuff that's out there. Like I said, we're having a blast. I love it here. Along with the ultimatum, there were also reports that members of Kiffin's family were reportedly taken on private jets to visit both LSU and Florida while Old Miss was on their bye week. Kiffin did not address those reports.
Speaker 2: He's great here.
Speaker 5: No, my family's on a private jet checking out Gainesville and Baton Rouge. But I mean, what's the big deal there. It'd be wild if they offer him that much money where he doesn't coach in the playoff and they're like, no, dude, you got to get here and you've got to get.
Speaker 2: This portal going.
Speaker 4: It's the new world.
Speaker 2: It's that would be insanity.
Speaker 4: Paul Skive, especially like they lose.
Speaker 5: That lay three exactly. If this becomes a distraction, we forget.
Speaker 9: Once we had a coach at Tennessee, half snake, the other half wrecked. Pile up the wood and burn his effigy. We can dream about that, wish that we could kick Lane Kiffin all through the Tennessee Hills. A lion thieve and no count weasel. Not worth the bullet to kill Tiffin's. But we'll never be safe in Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Kiffing better high out at us.
Speaker 9: From Tennessee, away from tennis balls.
Speaker 2: Twelve years later.
Speaker 4: You know, it's not like he's accomplished that much more, but he's still a hot coat.
Speaker 5: I mean, fired, never won a title, never won a conference. Fired from the Raiders after like four games.
Speaker 4: Fired in September. It's not easy. Paul Schemes was on AMPHI seventy this morning on Dan Patrick was asked about the rumors of him wanting to trade the Yankees to get out of the Pirates. Here's what Schemes had to say.
Speaker 10: All comes down to how you look at it right, Like you can you can just be bitter at the world and pissed off, or you can you know, fight to to do what's right, make it right, you know, win. Those are kind of the the two paths because you cannot, like the bar only moves one way, it only goes up, and for you know, that's the goal. Basically, it very easily could go down if you let it go down. So you just gotta keep fighting to to raise the bar, you know, for us in Pittsburgh, but for the next player wherever, wherever.
Speaker 2: That is a lot of him and a lot of han that is some him han ha.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean I'm not the first person, not the first person. That's that's you know, been through this, done this, and I'm not I'm not the last, you know, It's just it all comes down to how you look at it right, Like you can you can just be bitter at the world and pissed off, or you can you know, fight to to do what's right, make it right, you know, win. Those are kind of the the two paths because you can at like the bar only moves one way, it only goes up, and for you know, that's the goal. Basically, it very easily could go down if you let it go down. So you just got to keep fighting to raise the bar, you know, for us in Pittsburgh, but for the next player where wherever that is.
Speaker 4: Our friend, Justin Turner is a free agent, soon to be forty one year old, wants to play one more year, he said his much. At the annual Justin Turner Foundation Golf Tournament. Yesterday, Our own David Vasse spoke with Justin and asked him about eventually signing a one day deal with the Dodgers and retiring here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think it's pretty obvious.
Speaker 11: The biggest chunk of my career came in LA those nine years and the turning point in my career came when I put the Dodger uniform on, and the one title I won was with the Dodgers. So that's definitely I think, I don't want to even get down to that yet, but it's probably a slam dunk going to happen that way, But I don't know, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: I the beauty of uh, you.
Speaker 11: Know, after la Is, I've gotten to go and experience, you know, four other great organizations with a ton of great people, and you know, it's it's hard to say you don't want to piss anyone off right by by choosing one organization. But if if there was one, I mean, I think the obvious one would be the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody's going to be pissed, No, not at all, though the Maritors fans might get really riled up. The Chargers are seven and four. They're on a buy. The Rams are eight and two, winners of five in a row. They house the Buccaneers on Sunday night at so Far and according to the Medina County Sheriff's off this approximately two hundred thousand dollars in property. Boo was stolen from Shadur Matt had the story on Monday. During the break in. On Sunday, three suspects entered Sanders home at about six forty six pm Eastern time. Masks and gloves is what they were dawning, and they were seen exiting his home around six fifty eight pm doing the watch celebration. Check it out terrible Porsche dur and we'll be back with mar Petro send money on AM five seventy LA Sports. We got the Deader Live guy birthday today still to come this hour, Stay with us and a big thank you to Ross Porter who joined us last hour.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road trip all summer with LA.
Speaker 2: Sports, Petros and Money.
Speaker 5: AM five's Ala Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Giving away that one hundred dollars NFL Shop gift card today you're one of the five winners. Friday, you could be the grand prize winner that is a trip to Vegas. We're gonna give you two nights at the Resorts World and a four pack of tickets to see Raiders and Broncos. It's courtesy of our friends over at Good Morning Football overtime weekdays four pm on Fox eleven plus, So keep listening between now and seven pm. We'll give away that one hundred dollars card to the NFL shop.
Speaker 4: Joining us now on a Southern California Toyota Dealers celebrity hotline. It is one of our favorite people in the world, is the best, and he is our favorite talking head when it comes to the very popular college football Saturday shows. He's our favorite college football talking head and overall sports host on Fox Sports Radio. He is a man with a gigantic family of great looking young people and overall all a wonderful friend to have in the world. Not just because the whole Catholic world bends the need of Brady Quinn and his notre name roots, but great perspective, really great perspective, and a very candid football analyst. Longtime friend of the show. Two Pros and a cup of Joe every day here on Fox Sports Radio three to six am. I'll be on there tomorrow. This is my intro song. I hate It Little Maybe Brady likes you. Yeah, turn turn about his fair play you like that? Yeah, thank you for playing this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I might. I might swerve her do whatever Jelle's saying her there, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Swerve in the corner.
Speaker 2: Whoas hard bro?
Speaker 8: All right, you pumped that in the car. I remember back in the day, my sister because she was you know, you're ahead of me. She got her license and she'd be flying up because she was always late, and I'd be sitting there waiting in the driveway for you to go to school, and she'd be like blaring, bling, bling, you know. Every time I come on, I said a bang, and I was like, I was so embarrassed. I would just like lead the seatbag as far as possible and roll out of the car and be like, hope no one saw me coming in with my football mess bag full of smelly gear. By the way, are we not going to talk about some maxon tonight? I mean, come on, We've got two quarterbacks who combined have been to seven schools. They're like the Van Wilder of college football. Probably moving in the wrong direction tonight, but bowling green by boy Drew Pyne started a Notre Dame and made a bunch of stuffs in between. Now he's a bowling green state for old Eddie George and you. Ben Finley started and she stayed the cow. Now he's back to Akron. I mean this stuff, you can't it doesn't get much better than well, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I mean we could talk Max Brady, but this is the Southern California Show.
Speaker 8: Sorry, but I.
Speaker 4: Do want to ask you. Uh, we've seen you as.
Speaker 8: A point the points for.
Speaker 2: Use code Quinn twenty, Quinn twenty, we've.
Speaker 8: Seen the points of Ohio University are gonna They're gonna blow out you mess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the Bobcats took it hard on the chin from my Uh, Well, who's who's my team? Western Michigan last week?
Speaker 8: So yeah, I like my ball. Oh that's fine Masses ten and they're the worst team in college football, so I think we'll be Okay.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about USC, Brady. I know that you have to do it all the time on your show, and it's probably annoying on the Big Noon and all that, but USC is in a good position in the Big Ten. And I know they look like they don't play nine on seven at all in practice, but they beat Iowa and They've beat Nebraska in Nebraska after they knocked the quarterback out. What's gonna happen in autsin stadium? Do you see a world where usc makes the College football Playoff?
Speaker 8: I do. They're going to win this one, though, I think in order to assure themselves a spot. I don't know that the resume is strong enough without a win that Oregon. I think if you look at too the teams they'd be in competition with. I mean, I've I've said all along. You know, I don't know why Miami's ranked behind Notre Dame. They played, We watched it. Their name might be playing better football right now, but they have the same record, and it doesn't make any sense they've even played the same opponent, might beat it by more. So, you know, even if they you know, even if they beat organ like, there's still going to be some of those teams that they lost to that are going to be buying for spots as well as far as that large bid, because it seems unlikely that they would be the team that ultimately goes to the Big N championship game. So we obviously know how State Indiana, if they continue, they should be playing for it. So it's really about those that large bids. Now I would say this, I would take SC over Michigan, Like that's for sure, Michigan's still alive, but it seems like they're constantly, you know, hanging on by a thread. However, you know, last year we thought, you know, they would get out by House State Columbus, and that was not the case. So look, SC has all the components. You've got a quarterback in Jade miob and who I is a tremendous player, you know, Lemon laying their playmakers, they can run the football to. This is a much better SC team that I think really probably, if we're being honest, what we've seen under Lincoln Riley at SC, it's much improved and in the places where it needs to improve them and in particularly in the trenches. My biggest concern with this matchup versus Oregon is that they have the depth, They have the ability to sustain upfront for four quarters and be the more physical team. Well, here's the only one to say, I'm willing to let the game play itself out because Oregon also has had its moments where you know, they haven't been very physical or they haven't been able to be consistently physical versus teams they had no business playing close games against, and their wide receivers are banged up to Cory moorees is this now? I think a couple of weeks Garry Bryant Junior has been out. They've got some concerns too about you know, some of those stars on the outside. So if they don't have as much firepower, uh, the offense could look a little different for Ogan, and that could obviously play to the advantage of sc.
Speaker 4: The one and only Brady Quinn is our guest, a media conglomerate and a great guy. And I'll tell you I follow his wife on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Now, and that's a weird thing to say.
Speaker 4: But she's pretty funny. She tells all kinds of She tells all kinds of mom jokes and stuff like if you're like, you know for somebody that you could tell like she cares about her Instagram, like she's got some production value and stuff. And if you team maybe I don't know, but if you put it up against the guy that I know has a team, Matt Liinert, Yeah, Alicia Quinn is killing liner.
Speaker 3: I mean, wait, we're not.
Speaker 8: We're not allowing her to do trending. She asked me about this whole thing because she's like, hey, I'm maybe looking to some social media stuff. And I said, yeah, that's fine. I said, just try to keep me out of it and then try to make sure it's like good humor, you know, like unique, genuine stuff that's funny. So I think she's done all right so far.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean I liked it because she's.
Speaker 8: Let's do a trending dance. Let's let's be a poser. Back in the day, no dog' that was the worst thing to be called. And you walked in and you did something that someone else had on, or you did something that they're like, oh, you're a poser and you're like, oh, I don't would be that. That's all what social media is. Everyone's just falling with someone else. We all look look idiots. You're right, we look hook idiots.
Speaker 4: But I liked I. I saw, well, the one that stuck with me the other day because you know, she's clearly an Olympic athlete and decorated off, yeah, decorated Olympic athlete, and she was like, yeah, I go to pilates or whatever, and I freak out. I'm in competition with the old moms. I'm in competition with the teenage girls. I go into that class and I want to kill those people. And it was very wonderfully delivered. I thought it was great. Let me ask you, Brady Brady Quinn from Two Pros and a Cup of Joe and Big Noon and all that stuff joining us right now in the Petrosen Money Show. We only bother him once every few months around this time of year, or if there's a story we need him for.
Speaker 8: I would come on every week if you guys ask.
Speaker 2: But Tim Kates our producers like great.
Speaker 4: I think you've even co hosted on an occasion or two.
Speaker 8: Hell ye, I'll fly off for that.
Speaker 4: But we wouldn't even need to get them. We can't afford to think about that. Let's let's talk about Lane Kiffin. Do you think what do you think is gonna happen with Lane Kiffin?
Speaker 8: I mean, but don't you think like he would have made the commitment to old miss by now if he was saying I mean, it's just it feels like it's kind of like the guy who's been dating her for forever, and it's like it's almost like he's waiting for something better to come along, always waiting for to mess up. I guess, right, Like, isn't that how we view that situation? How is this really any different? Now? Look, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe what he's doing is he's making sure he does his due diligence. And I think it's Florida. By the way. I don't think he wants to, you know, take his famo, you know, down to family, his family. I don't think he wants to go down there and.
Speaker 2: Deal with a mess all the stuff going on down there.
Speaker 8: But I do I do think that there's a reason why he's waiting. And like like Mike Elco, like Matt Ruhle, like anyone else, he has been up for another job or room for it. They signed extensions and for some reason he has not done that. And uh, I do think that that maybe it means he's leaning towards Florida. It's going to be Florida. He just wants to maybe get through the season, if that's possible.
Speaker 4: The one and only Brady Quinn. Ladies and gentlemen, we are honored to have him. Guys, get it.
Speaker 5: It's thirteen Aron in the points right on the All.
Speaker 8: Right, Well, there, I think there there should be uh labor. I think right now the Midwest it should be laying well. I'll put it this way. You can it's a big number for Ohio University, laid the points of the high University. I don't think you Mass will score.
Speaker 4: So Brady's neighborhood comes alive when Max's on. No doubt, Brady WeLive you.
Speaker 8: There's nothing better than a Tuesday night finding some some football out there. It's there.
Speaker 4: I agree. I was looking for the maction last night and I was like, oh, it's NFL. Damn. I wanted the Seriously, I wanted the maction. We love you, Brady, and I'll talk to you in the morning.
Speaker 8: Love you guys.
Speaker 4: Always great to talk to, Brady Quinn. We'll be right back to wrap up the show with the dead and a live guy. Birthday of the Day on this two ed Mono Tuesday on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 3: There's Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 4: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger podcast of record.
Speaker 3: Clipper Talk without a Musk, follow us all.
Speaker 4: And many more.
Speaker 3: Just go to Am five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Thank you for listening. Everybody is a two ed mono two Tuesday, mercifully coming to an end. Petro Send Money Show. What are you going to do with anything?
Speaker 8: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Take it to Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's what we got. Even though we're home to the back Back World Series champion Dodgers David Vassy is on a big long smoko. Make sure you hit the follow button on the app, the iHeartRadio app where you can podcast our show and stream it live. Get the latest notifications, get Petrol some money on demand with the Petrosen Money Show podcast. And the schedule is as follows.
Speaker 2: Well, here's your schedule for the immediate future.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about Thursday?
Speaker 2: Nothing today, nothing tomorrow.
Speaker 4: But we got a Thursday promotion on the sheet the four.
Speaker 2: And ten Clippers on Thursday night.
Speaker 4: They got closed last night brother.
Speaker 5: Friday, but we do have those NFL one hundred NFL Shop gift cards to give away the rest of the week. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, we will be giving those away.
Speaker 4: Do you want to read the whole promo. Matt, I feel like we do that to make sure to catch Good Morning Football do it.
Speaker 5: GMFOT fought is what we like to call it around here. Good Morning Football Overtime. It's on Fox eleven plus.
Speaker 4: They gave us a nice package.
Speaker 5: You're right, Kyle Brandt, Jamie Airdahl, Manti Tale chopping it up and digging deep into all the niffle news. They sit down with the top players, the coaches, you got the angry runs, and the Mantito telling all the tales of his time in the NFL. They do it all there. It's the NFL like you've never seen it before, weekdays at four pm on Fox eleven plus.
Speaker 4: Seventy nine years old today, she would have been your dead guy. Birthday of the Day. Wilma Mankiller from Talequah, Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: To me, Yeah, anytime we could play Europe's Cherokee, I'm just gonna be quiet.
Speaker 4: Half Cherokee father was full blooded. Her family's ancestors marched the Trail of Tears from Tennessee to Oklahoma. Her mom a white woman Dutching, but her family lived on the reservation until she was eleven and then moved to San Francisco, also known as Bagdad by the Bank.
Speaker 2: I thought you're gonna say Cherokee West.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what they call Daily City when they relocated there. Perhaps she married. She had a tough time, you know, with the name Mankiller and all that. And when she got done with high school she married a rich Ecuadorian guy and that allowed her.
Speaker 2: To spoke no English. Had no idea what Mankiller meant.
Speaker 4: He became unactive, She became an activist. She was with a group called Red Power Activists that occupied Alcatraz in the late sixties. Not quite the rock. They only occupied it for a few hours. Wasn't like Ed Harris opening fire on a bunch of Marines or anything, but olcome to the rock, losh a rock. She protested in Berkeley, a whole bunch against the Vietnam War.
Speaker 2: It's a good place to protest.
Speaker 4: Big part of the American Indian Movement, also known as AIM. She went to San Francisco State, bought a car, started driving her daughters to Indian events in California, got involved in the Native American community, got involved in social work, and then Wilma Mankiller went back to Oklahoma. Turn it up. She was featured in a movie called The Cherokee Word for Water, which brought her attention and brought her organizing ability and projects to the forefront. In the nineteen eighty three tribal election, she became the very first woman elected Deputy Chief of the Cherokee Nation.
Speaker 5: Does she have a gnarly mullet? Of course she does, Matt, Yes, I know how I can see. Everybody knows Wilma Mankiller. Did she wear crazy steampunk glass tinted glass?
Speaker 2: Yes, Wilma man kill her.
Speaker 4: During her time as the Deputy Chief of the Cherokee Nation, she did a lot of good things. She built health clinics, a mobile eye care clinic hence the steampunk's ambulance service to the re reservation.
Speaker 2: Think they'd had it, but they did, They didn't.
Speaker 4: Early education, adult education.
Speaker 2: Okay, secondary school.
Speaker 4: Factories bingo, now a tale. Now we're talking restaurants. She wrote a best selling autobiography, Died a Little Young from health complications at sixty four, about fifteen years ago. There's a quarter with her likeness on it from twenty twenty one, with her sweet mullet and her awesome steampunk glasses. You can there was a quarter you know women, and.
Speaker 5: I got a t you know, I never turned it into the coin kiosk that takes like thirty bucks for turning in forty dollars worth of coins.
Speaker 4: Will my man killer.
Speaker 2: I'm going to look for one when I get home.
Speaker 4: Superstar chero Key Lady. And if you guys want to listen to a sweet song about the Native American plight, look no further man Hair metal band Europe with the song chero Key.
Speaker 2: You're a live guy. Arguably.
Speaker 4: You know when I saw that and I saw that she was Cherokee, I was like, I'm in Europe.
Speaker 2: Reason to play Europe?
Speaker 5: And you know me, anytime I can find an astronomer, we're going to celebrate him here in honor of our dear friend David Basse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who does not know the difference between astronomy and astrology, Huck looking over at the stars.
Speaker 1: I've always been into astrology.
Speaker 5: He is arguably the most famous astronomer in the world. Happy eighty first to Ed Krupp. Born in Chicago, but he's ours. Pete moved to la when he was twelve after his father was hired as an engineer on the Apollo Project and Space Shuttle.
Speaker 4: So you're an engineer.
Speaker 5: Hey went to the Summer Science Program when he was sixteen, despite getting his physics and astronomy degrees from Pomona College his master's and PhD from UCLA. He called the SSP the Summer Science Program quote the most academically cohesive and intense educational experience I have ever had. If it weren't for SSP, my vision would be narrower, my aspirations less ambitious, and my life less rich. I don't exaggerate. What is the SSP astrophysics? Thirty six kids from all over the country, seven faculty, thirty nine days of intense space study. He would go on to teach at the SSP when he was in graduate school at UCLA. Also taught astrophysics, astronomy, and his specialty archaeo astronomy at USC UCLA. And if those don't get you, going El Chemino College, Let's go warriors. Made his mark, really made his mark when he took his first job.
Speaker 4: Me too many people that are like, oh, I did my undergrad at UCLA, then I did my graduate school, and I'm like, all right, whatever, But you get El Camino.
Speaker 2: El Camina on you you'd like that let's go right off.
Speaker 5: Crunchaw took his first job at Griffith's Observatory when he was still a doctoral candidate at UCLA. It was a part time planetarium lecturer.
Speaker 2: He hated it.
Speaker 5: He said, quote, this isn't science, it's show business. But then he realized he was teaching non science studying people who were super into what he was sharing with him, and he got hooked. Appointed observatory curator in seventy two upon completion of his PhD seventy four, when the current director, William Kaufman, left, it was easy for the powers above to appoint Krupp director and they needed him to fundraise, and he was a good talker. Place was slipping into disrepair. We may not have the observatory pe if it weren't for Krupp. He raised thirty million dollars of seed money that led to the ninety three million dollar renovation in two thousand and two, when it reopened to O six. It became and still is, one of, the, if not annually, the most visited location in all of southern California, the Griffith Observatory.
Speaker 4: It's pretty great. Yeah, A lot of people just go up there to bury a body, or talk about James Dean.
Speaker 5: Or get super deep, you know, look around and super deep. Here is the world's foremost authority on the impact of astronomy.
Speaker 2: He yes, I should say.
Speaker 4: They have a pendulum there, don't they?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, big telescope. Hard to believe, but they got one of those two.
Speaker 4: I see it.
Speaker 5: He is the world's foremost authority on the impact of astronomy on ancient belief systems, that is archaeo astronomy. He has written extensively, has visited and studied nearly two thousand prehistoric and historic sites around the world.
Speaker 2: Here in town.
Speaker 5: He is the expert of experts on the Boutreal Flats pictograph site in Semi Hills, which he first visited in seventy nine. He has written books that aren't for us, p like the Luminosity function of E S zero Galaxies in rich Clusters Handle it. He has written books for us The Big Dipper and You we can handle that one. He's got a bunch of fancy awards, Honorary doctor. It's he wrote most of the shows. If you ever go to the planetarium at the River's Observatory, you hear the audio track. He's the guy that wrote all of that space lives in Eagle Rock. A stud right there, right ed Crupp.
Speaker 4: I wonder if he's neighbors with the Weezer. Basis is shot at the cops and then got shot.
Speaker 5: Look to the stars. You are but a grain of sand in the universe. What gives you the right to come out here and shoot at these officers? You grain of sand.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow's another full show. Yeah, we will start it at three o'clock every damn night, No Thursday one to.
Speaker 2: Three, power Lynch.
Speaker 4: But hang in there, everybody, and we'll be back with more Petrosen money tomorrow at three o'clock. Good night.
Speaker 3: Check out it's Quati group.