Speaker 1: Something in the middle.
Speaker 2: Little.
Speaker 3: When I was in high school, my friend Scott, because we were kind of you know, hay seeds, he was siphoning gas out of a car to steal to put it in another car, and he actually swallowed about a tablespoonful of gash and he was very, very sick. Last night I was also poisoned. Oh no, we got moths in the laundry room, little tiny moths.
Speaker 1: The second time You've had a story about moths this week, and it's.
Speaker 3: Terrified, it's gross, and it gets even worse. So I'm up in the corner on the ladder and I can see where they're laying their eggs in the corners of the wall and the ceiling, and so i'm they're little I'm not making this up, little maggot larvae split the ring along the wall, and I'm not making this up. So I get out there. It wasn't moth spray it with spider spray, and so I spray it and I got it all up in my nose and my business.
Speaker 1: So that was the poor choice.
Speaker 3: And the rest of the night I felt like not normal. It's just like something's wrong. I get a little bit poison fighter poison myself.
Speaker 1: You need to hire a pest.
Speaker 3: Controller orans coming today.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, one of those things where like I sat and you told us the story last night, and I was like, why is he just not immediately hiring a pest control. It's like when you try to fix something and then you end up having to hire someone to fix it.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but okay, well, can we switch subjects and talk about something more exciting, Like you got a college disappointment yesterday? Oh, tell me about.
Speaker 3: Your hold your horses, stop the presses. Nobody wants to hear about it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's important to go get your and you will physical get your path done, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Vikings lost last night and nobody cares.
Speaker 1: About the vikings loss. I got their asses kicks. So back to my appointment. Okay, what was that like? It was nice. I mean, it wasn't as the threatening as I feel like it has been in the past, just because I feel like I've been healthy and stuff. But you know when they bring out the big old forceps, yes, it looks like a little alligatory and then they're like called the speculum whatever, steps whatever. We don't need medical terms here. We need just descriptive.
Speaker 4: You explained.
Speaker 3: It looks like a reverse vice. Okay, you inserted into the area and then there's a crank on it and you have to peddle it to get it to open, and it's just spread.
Speaker 1: Understand, continue updated the technology since the last time you had.
Speaker 3: Your don't you don't peddle it anymore.
Speaker 1: It's automatic.
Speaker 4: You just push a button. Okay, what happened with the whatever?
Speaker 1: You know, Like they they're like, oh, this might like hurt a little bit, or it's gonna be a little cold, whatever, and it just slid right in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like they actually tossed it.
Speaker 1: They were like you must be single again. And I was like, yes, I am. Thank you for.
Speaker 2: Ask a doctor saying that is crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, they didn't actually say that doctor because I love her. But one thing I will say is they were concerned about my heart rate because you know, they do the blood pressure tests right off the bat. Yeah, the thing starts beeping aggressively at oh no, and they're like, yeah, sorry, it does that when your heart rate's really low. So guess what my heart rate was?
Speaker 3: Okay, A good, a good, healthy, resting heart rate, probably sixty five ish or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well it was forty nine.
Speaker 4: Oh died last night, so two of you died last night.
Speaker 1: But so when the doctor comes in, she's like asking me about life, what's new whatever, And then I told her how like, I definitely don't do as much strength training as I always have in the past. I do a little bit more cardio with like going to Staremaster gyms and running and stuff. And she's like, that makes more sense now. I was a little concerned about your heart rate, she says. I normally am like fifty one fifty three, so forty nine is lower than what it normally is for me. But my heart, my resting heart rate has always been around like fifty ish.
Speaker 3: It's a very healthy resting heart rate. The lower it is, that means the more oxygen your body is requiring, like two. Well, if it's two, that's bad. Yeah, you're turning purple, that's bad. But yeah, I mean the forty nine is a guy. I think it's a good resting heart rate. Like Lance Armstrong, his resting heart rate is like forty one or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'll look at that. You know. Got through the appointment. I sat up. She gave me a little slap on the butt with the open robe. You know, she's like, good job, you're healthy, very close, you know what. I like that about her. I've been looking for years for one like her. I've seen videos of like doctor appointments, you know, on the internet.
Speaker 4: Yes, and they're bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, Like the doctor will like scold you for your bad house and the next thing you know, you're naked. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: No, no, like hones, No, No, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Story that I've seen.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Oh, I get it. She's talking about red Tube or p pea hub where the doctor scolds you for your bad behavior. Next thing you know, you're getting a proctological exam and you.
Speaker 4: Have to be brushing your teeth and open your mouth.
Speaker 1: I told you you need to be naked for this, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, days, it's all right, I know what you mean. I went to the doctor not long ago, and they're like, we'll get undressed and put on this robe. And I said, well, why does my robe open in the back, And he said, well, because mine opens in the front.
Speaker 1: I thought that was yeah, my doctor doesn't normally wear robe.
Speaker 3: The doctor takes a little rubber hammer and he waxed me on the knee with it. I said, what is that for? He said, that's for not returning my phone calls. I was like, wow, so speaking of the guy.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: So I remember one time Susan and I were like laying in bed and I'm like, do you want to do a little loving And she said, n I got to go to the guyano tomorrow and she'll know and it'll be kind of embarrassing. I'd rather not. And I'm like, okay. So I lay down. I tried to go to sleep and try to go to sleep and I couldn't sleep. So I get up on the bed on one elbow and I said, you don't have to go to the dentist tomorrow, do you?
Speaker 1: David?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: What? What if you left?
Speaker 1: Is it too early for you to.
Speaker 3: Go to go home?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's spider stuff kicking you.
Speaker 1: I think I started it.
Speaker 3: Jay's starting it next subject please it is for Rod Day. It's Katie w B. We've got more Boobash tickets for are you coming up? Everybody wants to go to Boo Bash And by the way, Jenny's going to have if you want to go to Boo Bash and you go to Pilgrim Dry Cleaners, tell Jenny she'll get you on the list. I had some people get them the list yesterday because you're gonna be a Pilgrim later today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will be at the same one that day. Was that yesterday? The one that's n Why is that over by all those fun little restaurants and cute shops and stuff like Cove and all that good stuff. So if you want to swing by, I'll be there eleven thirty two, one thirty pm, so right over your lunch break, come say hi.
Speaker 3: And there's still copies of my book in the lobby, so if you want to give away copies of my book, there's some left over, so you do that too. We'll be back in a second. We got War of the Roses on the way today. It's a big day today because Drake is thirty nine years old today and Kevin Klein is seventy eight years old.
Speaker 5: Today and Dave's birthdays today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, happy, Thank you very much. All right, we'll be back in the second with War of the Roses. The episode the Man with Missing Fingers? Where did those fingers go? We'll tell you about that coming up on War the Roses neck. Hey, let's get a sing a long song going. If you got to sing a long song idea, It's Friday, What do you want to do? Do you want to sing along with Monster Mash? I don't know, it's just throwing at an idea. What do you want? Is it? It's not too early for Monster Mash. Halloween is a week from today.
Speaker 1: It is a little bit early. But we're not gonna Bailey says, yuck your yum. Yeah, I'm not gonna yo yaum.
Speaker 3: If you want to whatever song you want to do for a sing along, send me a text to Katie WB one and we'll play it right after we do this kdwbu. Trigger treating has evolved. Let me explain it to you. If you got kids of a certain age, it's probably not shocking, but trigg or treating might not be as cool anymore. Instead, the new hype is trunk or treating, which is basically Halloween tailgating. Yeah. My daughter Beth, she lives down in North Carolina. She decorated up the trunk of her car like cookie Monster's mouth with a bunch of cookie's spilling out in big giant eyes, and she just put like, you know, blue something around the border of her like open hatchback. Yeah, so trunk or treating?
Speaker 4: Is there a reason that it's dying.
Speaker 3: Let's dive in vont and we'll find out. A TikTok is going viral where a guy seems appalled at the idea that his cousin doesn't want to go trick or treating but instead is excited about going trunk or treating. It's some parking lot. It's been around kind of since the nineties, but it's been bigger since COVID, and some people argue that it's retired trick or treating, at least in their area. Of course, it depends on where you live. Some neighborhoods still get decked out for Halloween. The majority of the houses hand out candy. Everybody in our neighborhood has kids except us. All our kids are grown, but everybody else got leadle kids. You'd be like a little princess or a little Superman or whatever.
Speaker 2: I could see why some parents either they're lazy and don't want to take the kids, and I get it, you work all day, or it's safer. But the first time I heard about trunk of treating was after Hurricane Sandy, and so it was like Halloween time, people couldn't didn't want to go trick or treating, so they did trunk or treats.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, this is smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've always understood it as like people do it because of a safety thing, yeah, which which I think, like, oh gosh, it was so fun going trick or treating though, and like walking around your entire neighborhouse.
Speaker 3: Seriously, you forget how cool it was when.
Speaker 5: You were in your h yes, and so trunk or treating just kind of loses some of that magic.
Speaker 1: Like I get it when you're in like a rural, rural place. And I mean I know a lot.
Speaker 5: Of rural people who just drive somewhere like to like a more suburban spot so they can go trick or treating, and then trunk or treating makes it so that they can still, you know, have that experience.
Speaker 1: But like walking around the neighborhood is what makes it fun.
Speaker 4: Trees are typically during the daytime too, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: They say in some super urban and super rural areas, it's a little less practical to go door to door than to go to a festive event that's set up a decorated place like school parking lotter community park. When I was a kid, the nearest houses were probably like, I don't know, maybe five hundred yards or a half a mile of part and so we would walk, but we'd only go to about six houses because we ain't walking that far. So we come home with like, you know, like eight or ten different little treats.
Speaker 4: The houses it's so sad.
Speaker 1: Well, if they're far apart, makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once in a while somebody's mom would drive us and then we get to go to like maybe fifteen or twenty houses. Yeah, So it can be exciting for kids because a lot of the adults bring the vibes, especially decorating their cars, wearing costumes, and hosting Halloween games and contests. Of course, the savvyest kids might figure out a way to do both and score twice the sugary loot. That's the trick. All right, What do we got for a sing a long song of the day?
Speaker 1: Here are some options out there. A couple people were asking for Lady Gaga applause, or you and I or Christina Aguilera a fighter. So I've got those three options. I think someone did say thriller, but I think we should wait till.
Speaker 4: Next week probably, so yep, yep, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So what do you guys think between those options?
Speaker 4: It's your birthday, you choose.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna choose Fighter from Ristina Aguilera because I love Christina Aguilera and I love that song. So let's do this for your sing a long song of the day. It's Christina on kd WB. Dave's Dirt coming up next. Gotta give a birthday shout out to Avery, who is fourteen years old today. Love mom, Dad and Owen. Avery. You and I share birthday today, So happy birthday, Avery. I have another kid, boy or girling, and her name of Avery and it's a great It's a kind of a uni sex kind of a name.
Speaker 1: I like the long a. That's a nice one.
Speaker 3: Do you really, Avery, Avery? Let's do Dave's dirt on Katie w B.
Speaker 5: Who was making a comeback, who's been canceled and whatever happened to Ashley Parker Angel.
Speaker 1: It's Dave's dirt on.
Speaker 3: Kad w B who lost last night. Ye had the Vikings didn't do very well? Put all on this baby. As the Chargers dominate from start to finish wrap it up by winning thirty seven to ten. You heard right, thirty seven to embarrassing. Here was the problem. The Vikings said they had a great excuse. They were trying to keep their uniforms clean for team picture tape.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. I didn't want to play out at recess when it was pictured.
Speaker 3: D Ad scratch, I'm not tackling you get grass on my knees.
Speaker 1: Bro Magan the Stallion released a song at midnight. It's called lover Girl.
Speaker 3: Oh you think I have it that fa.
Speaker 1: I need you to put Vonds Mike coun.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, all right here we are.
Speaker 1: Making the Stallion.
Speaker 4: I mean great.
Speaker 1: I can't really understand a lot of what she's saying, but it says clearly she's thinking about her boyfriend NBA player Clay Thompson. They do have a very cute relationship. If you've ever seen them on TikTok together, they've gone like golfing. They're very funny. They do like food stuff whatever. But Megan's that court side on opening night at the Dallas MAVs a game this week, and then she instagram photos of them entering the Mavericks Arena holding hands. However, the MAVs lost real BATCHO.
Speaker 3: I just want speaking of the WA or NBA, have you heard about the giant mafia back gambling scheme in the NBA. No, I don't have a lot of time to talk about it now, but the Portland Trailblazers head coach Chauncey Phillips and Miami Heat guard Terry Rosier were arrested in a massive gambling sting. Oh that involved inside player info, computerized rigged poker games with the shufflers that would set the cards up in order, and even the mafia allegedly. And we'll tell you more about that one, but it's just shocking. It's a huge story in the world of sports betting gambling.
Speaker 4: Wow, fascinating.
Speaker 5: So Jeremy Allen White is going to be in a new movie this weekend called Deliver Me from Nowhere, where he is Bruce Springsteen. Apparently he sounds so convincing that it even stumped Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: Circus is just a me.
Speaker 3: And this were he does look a lot like a young Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 1: And that singing was Jeremy Ellen White. So that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that is it for the Dirt on KTEWB brought you by six y one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. You're never more than thirty minutes away from your chance to fly off to see Sabrina Carpenter in Los Angeles. That's coming up, and we're gonna get your Boo Badge tickets. Stay here