Speaker 1: Night, Billy Cunningham, the great Americans will welcome this Wednesday afteroon in the tri State. A little bit mild and we have a lot of rain later on. Plus we scheduled twelve thirty five today Joe Deaters will be here in the studio with Mark Petemeyer to talk about the dismissal of charges against Elwood Jones and how unjust that is. But that's down the road. Jonan, you and I now, of course, as Senator John Eustad, he is the junior Senator from the state of Ohio, and he'll be in the chamber tonight. Maybe he'll be somewhere listening to the President's State of the State of the Economy address at nine o'clock out of the Oval Office. And John Eustaed, Senator, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham showing first of all, tonight the President is going to address the nation from the I think from the Oval Office about nine o'clock when we carry it live. What would you like the President to say about the state of things the economy, Venezuela, the cost of living, medicaid, fraud, immigration, et cetera.
Speaker 2: What do you want the President to say tonight?
Speaker 3: Well, I want him to lay it all out. As you mentioned, there's let's talk about where it was when he took over. The inflation rate under Joe Biden was epically high, the highest in the twenty first century. That we've lowered it, and that we've were doing three things to help people. We're helping them earn more. We're helping them keep more of what they earn, working class tax family or working family tax cut. And then we're helping to lower prices. What have we done more jobs, more private sector jobs, and higher earning. That's good. Tax cuts for the middle class, no tax on tips, no tax on overtime, no tax on social Security benefits, on for new for certain individuals, and child tax credits to help them, help those, help those families, the ones with little ones, help twenty two hundred dollars per family per child, help them pay for childcare, other things like that. So we help people keep more of what they earn. And then lastly, what we've done to attack the administrative state and the Green New Deal, lower gas prices. We're doing a lot on that front. You know, food like eggs and things like that they've dropped, but that we have more work to do, particularly in areas like healthcare where Obamacare is failing, us opportunities to do more with regulatory reforms. So that makes it easier for people to build things like roads and bridges and buildings and things like that without all of the the additional cost of regulation. So I think there's you want them to lay that out. I also want them to you know, I hope if he talks about Venezuela, he talks about the fact that these were well planned, well executed strikes. They're legal, and we're taking out narco terraces and they can't even find narco terrorist who are willing to drive the boats anymore. They haven't had to blow anybody up down there for over four weeks. Because these people will not stop. They will stop poisoning American citizens. More people have died of overdoses and they in the Vietnam War. We should treat those narker terroists like the enemies that they are of the American people.
Speaker 1: Centator John Newstead, the average American female, and I think there's two genders. I'm not sure there's one hundred and five, but women have babies and men do not, I think. But right now we're producing about one point six million, I'm sorry, one point six babies per couple, which is a failing population. Donald Trump wants something called the Trump account, in which one of a child is a baby is born if they live in a Republican area and the baby makes it out of the womb alive. If the baby is born, the baby has one thousand dollars deposited in their account, and then the money grows I think through the stock market over the next twenty years.
Speaker 2: Can you explain what the Trump account is.
Speaker 1: My producer Tony Bender's thinking about having more babies because he's going to get a thousand dollars and the baby's account. Explain to Tony Bender, whose wife is very fertile, that what happens when you have a baby today because of Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for helping to support the population, Tony, and you and your wife. So this is the thing. You'll get a thousand dollars and deposited into the account, and with what Michael Dell's promised, every low income child's going to get two hundred and fifty dollars more. And then you can continue to save for that to pay for their education and whatever you want to do. It's really helping. I thought it was a good idea in the beginning, But what I really love about the Idea Bill is that it's going to teach a whole generation of children about saving and what happens when you save, and how interest your cruse and how you know, just really helping not only to provide a tangible benefit through these Trump accounts, which we hope more people will contribute to, and by the way, I hope employers will say to their new employee, to their employees, and we're going to contribute everywhere additional into these accounts. So I hope that really takes off, that we start to think ahead, we start to save, we start to plan, we start to do all those things. And I want you to just one last thought. If you took a newborn and you put a thousand dollar dollars a year in their account until they're eighteen years old, and you put no more into it by the time they retired when they were sixty seven, and it earned an interest rate of seven percent, it would be it would be worth over a million dollars. So these are the things that we're teaching young people through these Trump accounts. It's a tangible benefit, but it's also I think helps change our culture to think more about long term planning and savings.
Speaker 2: That's such a good idea.
Speaker 1: This morning, I'm trying to watch MS now, which I do so you don't have to. They spent about thirty seconds on the Trump accounts, which is a great idea.
Speaker 2: It's going to be implemented. That's wonderful.
Speaker 1: And then they went back, of course, as Susie Wiles and the stupidity she had and giving an interview to the Vanity Fair. They went back to sliming Donald Trump. We'll talk about that later CDLs. I have friends in the trucking business and the number of accidents. We have hundreds of thousands of illegals, many from trucking companies in Eastern Europe that don't understand that the English can't read a sign, and they're driving eighty thousand pound monsters around this super slabs. What can you do about the CDL crisis the truck and Bozo would love me to bring this up.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do this on his behalf.
Speaker 1: What do you do about the illegals driving trucks handing down CDLs by New York and California.
Speaker 2: What about that?
Speaker 3: So, yeah, that's the fraudulent. I'm going to be on some legislation to try to address this, saying that one you have to have had a driver's license for one year before you even apply for a CDL, and that the test can only be given in English. That way because, by the way, if you're supposed to read road signs, those are in English. If you don't understand English, you can't read the road signs. Just things like this that can help to make sure that we are keeping our roads safe and if we get and by the way, people who are doing this illegally, not only keep not only it's not safe for our roads and everybody who's on them, but it's undermining the wages of other truckers, the truckers who are doing it the right way, the American citizens, the people who have legitimate CDLs. You're under mining their wages and their opportunity to work. We've got to crack down on this.
Speaker 1: I speak to my friends at Fox News head on Maya Cook the other day, and Minneapolis is the headquarters of a Somali clan that's looted the treasury for billions of dollars with false claims because of autism, food stamps, section eight, all that kind of stuff. And she pointed out that in Columbus, Ohio, it's the second largest Somali clan in Columbus. And she made the point that in Columbus, in Ohio, there's looting of the American taxpayer out of these so called welfare programs. And so I would ask, first of all, what percentage of these welfare programs are paid by the state, what percentage by the federal government? And if true, why isn't Mike DeWine addressed it.
Speaker 3: Well, I see no evidence of her allegations of anything like that in Ohio. It's certainly true in Minneapolis. And you said, Kim Walls up there wouldn't do anything about it. And I've known about this. The community up in Minneapolis threatened to accuse them of racism.
Speaker 2: So what did they do.
Speaker 3: They just backed down and went away and didn't stop the fraud, and the and the kids that were supposed to get the meals didn't get them, and the and the criminals took the money and maybe even funded some terrorists organizations that were king into those details.
Speaker 2: But look, but.
Speaker 3: Look every program bill that the federal government runs and the rules were set up under Joe Biden. They're getting ripped off. For example, these these tax credits for enhanced premiums for healthcare. This is what happens. There's zero dollar premiums. So what's happening is that unscrupulous insurance brokers signed people up to them okay, and and then the money goes directly to the insurance company. You as an individual, may never know you were signed up because you don't have to pay any any bill, any any time. The GAO has established that at least twenty billion dollars has been stolen out of that program. And we ask the Democrats simply to say, okay, make every petty pay at least five dollars so we know there's a real person and we don't get ripped off. And I had a bill to do that bill and the Democrats blocked it. They blocked it and they don't want us to get it solving these fraud problems. And it's you know, I'm all for providing services to people are in need. We have the Christmas spirit.
Speaker 2: We're a compassionate nation.
Speaker 3: We want people in need to have them, but we don't as taxpayers want to be ripped off by people who build these programs in a way that this fleecing the American taxpayer. And every time you try to put something in place like this, the Democrats want to block it. And I think in Ohio we do a better job at it than most states, but the federal rules. This is one of the disincentives that occurs if it's completely paid for by the federal government. The states have no incentive for policing it because it costs them more money to police it, So they don't spend as much time policing it because they don't pay the consequence. And it's something that's very frustrating. I'm trying to change it every chance I get.
Speaker 1: Sometime today or tomorrow or maybe next week. There's a discharge petition in the House, signed by all the Democrats and four Republicans to extend the Obamacare subsidies for three more years. So keep the fraud, keep funding insurance companies, and not healthcare for the next three years. And I would assume that'll go nowhere in the Senate. Am I correct? And what's your position on Yeah, we've already we've already.
Speaker 3: Had to vote in the Senate and it was defeated in the Senate. There's only there's only there's one important condition that because look, I'm empathetic to the pastors, to small business owners, the farmers, the people like that who are trapped. They only have one choice under Obamacare. It's one program. You have to sign up for it if you want insurance, and it costs too much. It's broken. We need to fix it. And I'm willing to support subsidies for another couple of years as long as we eliminate the fraud, as long as we put income caps on it so we're not subsidizing the insurance of millionaires, and in the long run, take the money away from the insurance companies and send it to the individuals so that they can go shop and have more control over their own destiny. These are simple reforms that we've asked for, the ask from the Democrats in return for supporting the enhanced premiums, and they won't do it, and so we're to standstill. Although I hope, I hope that we can fix this because it's not that individual. It's not the farmer, the pastor the small business person's fault that their government gave them a crappy healthcare program. It's our responsibility to fix it. But the Democrats don't seem to want to go along with us and eliminating the fraud and the waste that's in the system, because you can't in good conscience vote for something that you know has been ripped off to the two to twenty billion dollars.
Speaker 1: I know in Obamacare, about five percent of American people get their head health care, which they don't get through Obamacare, and there's about five or six million people that's completely fraudulent and they don't exist, but they continue to actually pay the money. And those who do get into the system understand that they pay large premiums. The deductibilities are five to ten thousand dollars each. In other words, even if you have medical care or medical claims, often the insurance company will fight you in order not to pay your claim. It's completely broken. So when you walk around the halls of power they're in Washington. John used that you're kind of a normal guy from Ohio, and you walk around, you run into Chuck Schumer, you might run another Democrats like senat raccoons. Do you have private conversations about what the hell are you guys doing Why can't we have five dollars to determine if it's a real person or a bot getting the money? What do they tell you, whisper in your ear? Well, the insurance companies pay us a lot of money. By the way, the insurance companies are the ones who penned Obamacare, and that's how the Democrats collect the money.
Speaker 2: Did they actually tell you John Used that you're new here. We're just playing a game to make sure we get to like them.
Speaker 3: I tell you, well, I can. I can tell you this that there are some like Chuck Schumer who would rather see the system fail so he can blame Republicans than be part of solving the problem. There are others. There's a handful of Democrats who recognize that it's a real problem and want to join us to fix it, but they have a hard time getting around their leader. They're there, Chuck Schumer does not want to actually solve this problem. He doesn't want to solve the fraud. Then you have the really far leftiest that that that just believe that should be socialism and socialized medicine, and they they have no interest in looking at putting market forces in here to try to solve some of the fraud front. So he kind of got the three kind of got the three groups. You have the radical left that wants nothing to do with it. You have the political left that just wants the political issue to run campaigns on. And then you have then you have some of them who are genuinely concerned and want to do it, but they don't have enough stick inside their uh their conference to actually get things done. But I'm gonna we'll keep, We'll keep trying. You can't get what try to give up, you just keep. You can't give up. You got to try to keep fighting for the people that you represent.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what's going to happen in five or ten years, I would love to hear it. There's about five trillion dollars spend in healthcare directly or indirectly, which is about twenty two percent the whole American economy. The American people, because of the premiums and the deductibilities, are going to get so urinated off that they're going to say throw their hands up and say, government, you do it. We're going to have Medicare for all in five or ten years. It will be like the DMV or like the fraud we have president in Obamacare, and then we then we're going to lose the essence of freedom in this country.
Speaker 2: That's what I fear is going to happen.
Speaker 1: And part of that strategy is to make it so difficult and so hard to sign up and make it Tony Bender types will throw up their hands say, all right, I've had it.
Speaker 2: Government.
Speaker 1: You do a great job with the DMV, you run healthcare. Now we're now we got problems.
Speaker 3: Here's the issue. Right now, every American has access to health care, but they don't have health insurance. Okay, in Britain they have access to health insurance, but they don't have access to health care. Why the government pays for your insurance, but you can't get in to see a doctor because they operate their healthcare system on scarcity and so if you really get sick, you have to wait six months or a year to actually go see a doctor to get treated. And the American system does not need to look like the European system. It needs to look like an American system where we have market forces where we because what's happened is the more government gets involved in healthcare, the more the prices go up. The more the prices go up, the less choice consumers have. We need to empower consumers. That's why I like the ideas of not sending the money to the insurance companies, of sending it to the individual so that they can have more choice on where they go access to their health care.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for the big question?
Speaker 3: Always running?
Speaker 2: You're running?
Speaker 4: Mate.
Speaker 1: Mike DeWine has not endorsed for Veke Ramaswami, and he says nice things about doctor Amy act and the Democratic nominee whenever, whenever he can, do you, as US Senator, endorsed now for Veke Ramaswami.
Speaker 3: Yes, we held Vivike and I held a news conference where we jointly endorsed each other and we're going to be on the same ticket at the same time, and we're going to bring home a victory for the Republican team in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Will you talked to Mike about that?
Speaker 3: I am am confident that Governor Dwine will ultimately endorse for Ake Ramaswami. He knows good and well that Amy Actin is not up to being governor of the state.
Speaker 2: God help us all if she wins.
Speaker 1: All right, let's well, let's continue with mar Senator drog you staid, thank you very much and we'll see what happens. And thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. We'll be listening and watching tonight at nine o'clock for the President.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Great to be with you. God bless America.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more coming up next after the news will be Joe Deaters and Mark pete My are laying out the case against Elwood Jones and White injustice was done to the victim. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred ww Bye Billy Cunningham The Great American Studio With me now is Joe Eaters, former Hamny County Prosecutor also on the High Supreme Court. Now and Mark Petemar, who spent how many years prosecuting criminals?
Speaker 2: Are Mark? Did you spend forty.
Speaker 4: Four year for six months when I was activated for Desert Storm? So you know it's where the bodies are buried? Forty four years by Joe. First of all, you want to make a statement, Well, I just want to make sure.
Speaker 6: That your listeners know that I am on the Supreme Court and this has got nothing to do with the Supreme Court. I voluntarily recused myself from anything to do with.
Speaker 5: The Jones case, and.
Speaker 6: I felt compelled to write this letter Bill that you have now, and I think it's on your website too, laying out my concerns with MS. Pillage's press conference clearing Elwood Jones of the murder of rote of Nathan, and I appreciate the opportunity to come in here and talk to you about it. I brought Mark with me. Mark was the trial attorney in this case. I don't know that many people know Mark's reputation, and I wish he wasn't here to listen to this, but it's stellar. He was the lead prosecutor in all the Lucasville riot cases. He was in that office forty years about maybe the best prosecutor in the state of Ohio. And Mark was the trial attorney. And I send to be here with us just in case you had questions about the facts of this thing.
Speaker 1: Mark Pete Meyer did Eldwood Jones murder wrote a Nathan.
Speaker 2: Yes, tell me why? Well? A lot of evidence. In fact, I was speaking to Joe before.
Speaker 4: You know, we've tried some tough cases where you really rely on eyewitnesses only, and those are the kind of the tough cases and people criticize this because it was only quote only a circumstantial evidence case, And to me, circumstantial evidence is unrefuted facts, and these are the unrefuted facts. Elwood Jones was working on the second floor of the Embassy Suites hotel in the afternoon of I think it was a Friday afternoon setting up a banquet room when a couple arrived to go into the room next door to where he was working. That was Joe Kaplan and Elaine Schube. Elwood could have easily seen them go into that room, and our theory, as he did see them, knew that it was a couple staying in that room. Later that night, after Elwood got off of work, wrote to Nathan, our victim showed up. Elwoodt did not realize now that there are three people in the room. The next morning, the couple that first arrived went down to breakfast and wrote to Nathan is in the room. She's going to take a shower. And Elwood is also working in the room right next door.
Speaker 2: That day.
Speaker 4: It's a banquet room with the door open. And Elwood is a thief. He's a career thief. And our belief is is that he saw an opportunity, went in the room because he thought it was open and confronts Rode to Nathan. Roda Nathan is savagely beaten. She died of blunt force trauma. There was very little blood at the scene because it was just beaten to death. About a half hour later, the couple comes back from breakfast, open the door and they find Rotea Nathan laying on the floor.
Speaker 2: All she had on her was a bath towe.
Speaker 4: They think, oh my god, she must have had a heart attack, and they call paramatics and they come and they're treating her, trying to revive her from what they believed was a heart attack. Two other things were noticed by the couple at the time. There was a distinctive handweight made necklace that Rhoda always wore around her neck and it was missing. Also, Elaine Schub noticed there were hundreds of dollars of cash that she had in her purse that was taken. One other thing is this is a you know, thirty years ago or so, and back then they didn't have the electronic key cards. You needed a key to get in the door, and the door latched automatically. But Joe Kaplan was sure when he left the room. He did what most people do, checked to made sure it was securely locked because they didn't want it open with Rooda in they're taking a shower. When Rhoda gets to the hospital, she dies. They take her to the coroner's office and lo and behold, they find that she died from blunt for's trauma. A couple other things about her body. There was a couple of distinctive bruises that were developed on her body. One was very consistent with a walkie talkie, which some of the workers in the hotel were issued. Elwood Jones was one of those. There was also a door chain a latch, which is kind of an unusual mark to have on a body. She also had that on her body, and it told us that whoever did this three things we know for sure. The person had to have a master key. The person also had to have a walkie talkie, and the person also had to have one of these door latches. We also know that the person that did this took Rhoda's necklace. When Elwood Jones arrived at work that morning, everybody noticed he was fine. A couple hours later, people noticed that his left hand was bandaged, and people said Elwood, what happened to your hand? And one person he said, we oh, I's taking some trash out and I fell and I cut it, And somebody else asked him, he goes, well, when I was up on the second floor taking down that banquet room, a piece of the floor and fell on my hand and he cut it.
Speaker 2: So some inconsistent things.
Speaker 4: Immediately, when Blue Ass started investigating, they realized one very important thing. Whoever did this had to be in the hotel that morning and had to have a master key, and that limited the suspect pool from hundreds of people in the hotel to about four people. You know what I'm saying this, I feel like I've given an opening statement again. But these are the facts, and this is what we presented to the jury. About four or five days later, Elwood's hand got very infected and he's thinking, I'd better do something about this, and he goes to some clinic and there's a doctor, John McDonough, who told at UC med School, and he was one of the best hand surgeons in the country. And one day a month he would volunteer to go to this clinic and treat people basically for free. It's almost like God said, I want you there that day because I want someone to see what Elwood has. And Elwood comes in and his left hand has severely sworn. It's Elwood, what what happened to your hand? And he gives them a couple other stories, and the doctor knows that anytime you've got a cut in one of your knuckles, chances are you pop somebody in the mouth. He also knows that inside the human gum line there's a bacteria Aikinella crodins. I don't know science very well. Hell, I want to Roger Bacon I Joe couldn't get in, but he had to settle for saying it's just sad, you know, but we have standards like you. Anyway, he knew that if I don't treat this hand for Kinella crones or tests for it, he's going to lose his hand. So even though Elwood said I cut it on something, he tested for this bacteria that's in the gumb line. Lo and behold, it's Aiconella crodins. In fact, he was so sure of this he took a picture of Elwood's hand to teach to his medical students and said, if anybody ever comes in with a hand swollen like this, you've got to test for that bacteria because if you don't, they're probably gonna lose their hands. So when this came out, everybody started focusing on Elwood Blueesh police got a search warrant for his car, for his home, for his trunk of his car. A couple things they found. Number one, they found alwaukie talkie that actually Joe and I went to Washington, d C. And had the FBI lab look at it and they were able to match it. Again, it's a walkie talkie. There were more than one in that hotel, but it matched all the rivets and everything matched exactly the mark on Rood of Nathan's check chess. Also in his toolbox there was one of these door latches and that also matched the toolmark, the impression of that door lock on him on her chest, which is again that's a lot more unusual than mil walkie talkie. But the absolute thing that clinched it all was that pendant of Rooda Nathan. There was a picture of taking of Rooda Nathan wearing that and it matched exactly that pendant found in the trunk of Elwood Jones's car. I think that's a pretty darn good case.
Speaker 1: Rhoda is almost reaching back from the grave, saying the evidence of my killing is in possession of the murderer, and that man was Edward Jones, and Roota had that virus in her mouth. That was so that's how the infection occurred.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 1: When I read and you looked at the news conference of our new prosecutor, Connie Pillage, she uses words like cheat it in quotes that you and Mark cheated. She also used terms that you withheld evidence well. In other words, she's accusing you two of making sure that an innocent man is convicted and the guilt guy gets all free. Whoever, this mystery man is with oj Simpson in a sand trap. So how do you respond to this allegation of Connie Pillach, who's never tried a criminal case in her life, that you cheated.
Speaker 6: I'm, frankly, I'm dumbfounded by the allegation. She's further stated she's cleared him because of modern medical scientific evidence. I don't know what she's talking about. If she is talking about hepatitis B. The defense's own witness, in his request for a new trial, said there was about a thirty three percent chance of him getting that by punching her in the mouth.
Speaker 2: So it's not how can you exclude.
Speaker 6: Somebody when there's a seventy or sixty seven percent chance that that could still be true.
Speaker 2: But the allegation, Look, I said this in the letter.
Speaker 6: I hope the people that are listening to this could a chance to read the letter. It's not that it's on our website, it's on your website.
Speaker 5: It's just so offensive.
Speaker 6: If she wants to let this guy go, maybe she says, oh, you know what, thirty years is enough, the litigation is enough in mercy for whatever reason, decides to let him go. I got no problem with that. She's the prosecutor. She can do whatever she wants. What I take umbrage to is accusing the prosecutor's office of what I mean, seriously, she's accusing people of a crime here hiding evidence. I mean, that's that is outrageous to make that allegation. There's no proof of it. And even that, look, we had the trial, it went through all the judges in state court affirmed, affirmed, affirmed, Then they go to federal court. And when they went to federal court, they asked for all these documents from Blue Ash Police. We're basically questionnaires given to everybody stated the hotel. The vast majority was we didn't see anything.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: That's the thousands of pages of evidence that was hidden, and then police runs to the hotel. The Federal Court of Appeals, the judge oft at the trial level said that the material was in fact immaterial and it would not have affected the outcome of this trial. Then it went all the way to the six Circuit Court of Appeals, Federal Court Appeals on the same issues, exact same issues, and they unanimously affirmed that too. So this has been litigated before, and to claim now that we've hid evidence or that.
Speaker 5: You can exclude this guy.
Speaker 2: Is total bull crap.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, she said the modern scientific when she said that, I, you know, I think about DNA.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. There's no DNA.
Speaker 1: She was talking about a hepatitis B that one third of the time is communicated two thirds of time.
Speaker 2: Note also, Mark Petemeyer, you were.
Speaker 1: In charge of providing to the defense in this case all available evidence. You've been accused of playing a game of Lucy Hyde the football, and that you had these thousands and thousands of pages of inculpatory or exculpatory evidence that you refuse. You knew what was in there, and you didn't want to give it to the defense because it proved that Ellwood was innocent. That's the allegation of Connie Pillage. You're the guy in charge of giving the papers. What do you say about that one?
Speaker 2: That's just not true.
Speaker 4: And Bill, you've tried a lot of cases to including murder cases, and the rules of discovery back then is the basically everything you had you gave to the defense. One thing they were not entitled to were witnesses statements. Now since then the law has been changed. But as you know, if I called Joe Dieters as a witness and he's made a prior statement before you cross examine him, you can ask the judge to review his prior statement, and the judge will do that and if there's anything in there in conceit, he said, hey, here, Bill, you can cross examined leaders on this because he said some things different that happened during the trial a couple times. That's the only thing that was not given up. But again they had access to it during the trial. All this other stuff, these questionnaires at blue ass sent out that meant nothing. As far as I know, we never got and we certainly never got afterwards. We never subpoenaed the records of all the crimes that ever took place in that hotel. I remember they had some prostitution ring if you going on back there years ago, that a lot of people were prosecuted for that, they had some undercover cops in there. Those are the kind of records they also subpoened. So the vast, vast majority of this stuff we never had. But the federal judge got all this, all this stuff that they said proved he was innocent and that we withheld. Again, we didn't even have it. The judges looked at it and says, there's nothing here. This is absolutely nothing that exculpitates Elwood Jones.
Speaker 2: And that's why it's already been ruled on.
Speaker 4: That's that's why when a common police judge basically overruled the federal judge and the Federal six Circuit Court of Appeals, it's like, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: What Judge Cross never been on the bench before. She's a brand new judge from the Public Defender's Office, and she held a four day hearing on emotion for a new trial, essentially the appetitis B issue, and not giving over the document she used to explain, what's the motivation, Joe Eaters, what's the motivation?
Speaker 5: I have no idea why you would do this.
Speaker 6: I mean, she's parroting the talking points of the defense attorneys, which is a good thing sometimes, well for you maybe, But she's supposed to be representing the state of Ohio. And you know, and I know this is kind of personal in nature, but I was the prosecutor and I litigated this case for twenty five years, and she clearly talked to the defense attorneys. She was in a press commerce she said, oh why send them a screenshot of my emotions to dismiss the whole case, you know, almost gleefully. And she never called me one time. I'd met her. One time, I said, if you need anything, feel free to call me. Be happy to talk to you about the office. But so she talks to the I don't know who she talked to besides these defense attorneys that she said she talked to. But anyone who thinks that Ellwood's been excluded, Uh, I'm trying to be judicious about this. It's either dead wrong, or they're lying. You know, they just don't understand what this what exclusion means, it's gonna turn. It means he can't possibly be the guy.
Speaker 2: That's what Connie Pillage said.
Speaker 1: This cannot be the guy, Mark Petemer based upon the layout of the case.
Speaker 2: This can and.
Speaker 1: In fact, there's somebody out there who committed this other than El would now talk about his record.
Speaker 2: Many you didn't talk about it.
Speaker 1: He was in his early forties when he committed these crimes. And you know, I watched the Curtis Fuller interview at Channel five and almost seemed like a he was a boy scout leader. When we come back, I want you to talk about the previous record of Eldwood Jones. Well, misbehavior is consistent, which includes, by the way, assault on a police officer. Well, talk about that on the other side. And by the way, the letter is on our Twitter account. Let's continue with more Bill Cunningham with Mark Pete Meyer and Joe Eaters on News Radio seven hundred WLW. Now let's continue. Now we have in the studio Joe Meeters and also Mark Pete Meyer. Left it kind of hanging because many times this is such a vicious beating some of wrote his teeth was found in our stomach.
Speaker 4: Correct, there was one on the floor of the hotel room and one was found in her stomach.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now, what was the previous criminal record of Elwood Jones.
Speaker 4: You know, it's interesting because when they did the podcast, the inquiry reported to the original podcast, she says, well, well, would't you're not a saint or he goes, no, no, I gotta admit I'm I'm a thief. I'm a thief, and it was They laughed about that, like it's okay. But he was more than a thief. He was arrested five or six times for assault, you know, physically beating someone, once for domestic violence, which would have been beating his wife, once for assault on a police officer. But he was also arrested four times, four different times for aggravated burglar, which is breaking into someone's residence to steal something. After I guess the first couple. He actually was convicted on one of those and went to prison, apparently convinced the par board that hey, I've been scared straight, I learned my lesson.
Speaker 2: You're not going to see me again.
Speaker 4: They cut him loose early and with a short amount of time, he was arrested and convicted of another burglary and went down to prison. So Elwood Jones was a career criminal. And what better place for a guy like him to work at a nice hotel with a master key.
Speaker 2: It's like a kid in a candy store.
Speaker 1: One of the other allegations of County pillage was that there was someone else who would confessed to the murder of with Jones. Can you ferret out the facts in that matter?
Speaker 4: Yes, this was first came to light, I think from one of his attorneys twenty years after the murder happened. But they had a lady who said back around that shortly after this happened, she was locked up in the justice center and her cell mate was a lady I think her name was Linda Reid. And they get to be talking, kicking a little bit, and Linda Reid tells this, lady, I have to tell you something. You know that person that's been arrested on that embassy suite's case. Yes, yes, well, my husband the one is really did it, and the blue ass police framed that guy for it. But my husband is really the one that This is important stuff right now, Yeah, this is big. Well, somebody confessed to it.
Speaker 2: So Mark Petmer's your ears looked like a rabbit.
Speaker 4: Well this is you know, it is twenty years later. But still, who is this guy? I mean, I never remember number one, he didn't work for Blue ass Police. Number two, there's no association with him in the hotel. And then we find out at the time this lady is locked up and she's telling her cell mate that she's going through a divorce with her husband. So I'm thinking, well, that's kind of red flag number one. But I only under say, you know what, I'm gonna go over and pull the domestic relations court case and see, maybe this guy is a violent guy and he's constantly beating the crap out of her, and maybe it's something like that. When I pull the file, I see it's Ken Peller, guardian for Ken Peller's a local attorney, guardian for Linda Reid versus mister Reid. And I'm thinking, why does she have a guardian? I mean, why is she not participating in the divorce? So I look further and actually contacted Ken Peller. He says she was incompetent, she was mentally incompetent to participate.
Speaker 2: That that's the hook upon which Connie Pillage hangar of this well.
Speaker 4: First of one, it's double hearsay because the guy that really did it is dead. His wife is really dead, So the person that did it telling his wife is hearsay it, and his wife telling this other lady is double hearsay. So number one, it's legally admissible, inadmissible. But this lady that said it was found crazy by the court so much that she couldn't even participate in her own divorce.
Speaker 2: No way in the world. That is evidence. But that is the third prong.
Speaker 4: Again, Number one is the evidence that we withheld that the court said no. Number two is the hepatitis Whi's only a third of the people. In fact, the study that guy referred to us people that use needles of other people, and you're very likely probably to get it there, but a third of those people get it, only a third. So anyway, those are the three prongs based on that he's cleared.
Speaker 2: He's ex Yeah.
Speaker 1: Someone else confessed Joe talk about hepatitis, be because you told me off there. There was some reference in the optops optops the well.
Speaker 6: The defense initially said we hid the fact that she had hepatitis.
Speaker 2: Did you do that.
Speaker 6: Well, it was in the autopsy report that they got. It was in black and white. Yes, it was intops, she said. And I don't have to tell them what defense to pursue. They can do whatever they want. You know, it's not my job. But they received information she had appetitis. You know the reason I wanted to come here, Bills. I was so offended by that press conference.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was.
Speaker 6: Factually and fundamentally incorrect, and it was so offensive to accuse my office of hiding evidence to convict an innocent man, is it. I don't know that she realizes the magnitude of that statement. I mean, if people actually did that, they should be in jail. That it's just beyond defensive to me. And she I think she owes the prosecutors an apology for this, But you know she's obviously talking to defense attorneys and that's who she talks to. So I guess that's the message you get out of this whole case.
Speaker 1: And Mark Pete Myer. As far as Elwood Jones himself, I watched an interview on Channel five. They did have a Curtis fall Or positioning himself as a guy who's made a few mistakes in the past, like beating up your wife and hitting cops and serving time in prison for burglaries twice twice.
Speaker 2: And now he's seen the light.
Speaker 1: And when she uses the term cheated, that you cheated in this case, how does that.
Speaker 2: Strike your heart? It really offends me.
Speaker 4: And again I was asked by Connie Pillets to stick around and help with the transition for the office, which I agreed to do.
Speaker 2: And I, you know, she's the other party.
Speaker 4: I supported Missy Powers, and I thought, you know, people are going to come in and take over the senior positions that really have never done this stuff. In fact, within the first month, I think we had two different police shootings and I always.
Speaker 2: Went on both of those, on all of those.
Speaker 4: So I took the new people out to show you how we get involved in these police shootings, what we do when we don't do, how we make decisions. So, you know, I did my best to help with the transition, you know, just so because I cared about the office. I cared about the county forty four years, yes, and for them to imply that and Seth Tiger was the other person that tried the case.
Speaker 1: I saw much younger Mark Petemyer and a much younger Seth Tiger standing up in nineteen ninety Yes, yes, ninety five or six was the trial, and now.
Speaker 4: We're bent over with Walkers, so it's not the same game. But again that's I just I was stunned. I mean, I just where did this come from?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Another aspect of the case is I can sense things are often about money, and the county prosecutor is in charge of representing judges and prosecutors because the county prosecutor has civil responsibilities, thinking as a civil attorney, which I think neither maybe you two or none, I don't know. You're on the Supreme Court and you're retired more or less. What does it do when the county prosecutor, representing the judges and the prosecutors and the sheriff, et cetera, come in open forums and say, you know what, we cheat it not we but you guys cheated you withheld evidence and there's new stuff that isn't new stuff. What does that do for the liability of Hamilman County. To me, you're saying we are liable. You know, there's two things in a civil suit. A is are you liable for it? And b is how much money do you get? And she is the has a civil division that represents the county against lawsuits, and she's basically saying, we didn't accidentally, we may have intentionally sent an innocent man to death row. I don't think it's if it's when Ella's going to file this huge civil suit against the county, and if i'm them, witness number one is County Pillage. Hey, you said he's exonerated and the office cheated.
Speaker 2: I might.
Speaker 6: I sent this letter to the Attorney General's office today also because if he makes his ridiculous claim, though at least no where to go to talk to about the facts of the case. I just want to make it very clear to your listener's Bill Milevis doesn't cheat. To make that statement is highly offensive. Elwood Jones is a murderer. We had the right guy, absolutely positively sure, and she let him go.
Speaker 2: Now why she let him go, I.
Speaker 6: Have no idea, But her reasons that she stayed in her press conference are ridiculous and they're so easily proved as false.
Speaker 1: I can't believe she said it. At this point, where do we go from here? Ellwood?
Speaker 6: Right now, Elwood is a freeman and there's absolutely nothing that can be done about it. But I just hope that some truth comes out of that office. You know, when they make decisions like this of this magnitude. This is a thirty year old death penalty case, and everyone forgets about Rhoda Nathan, Everyone forgets about the victim's family, and they're this suffering. I talked to her son a couple of times over the weekend, and his hurt is like it happened yesterday's.
Speaker 1: Connie said he was disappointed. Yeah, she said, he's furious.
Speaker 6: And as a matter of fact, we gave I think you have his statement bill that he made. He's stunned, he's sick to his stomach. It went beyond disappointment.
Speaker 1: Mark Pete Maher as far as it's inexplicable how this diamond special brooch just happened to show up in the toolbox of Elwood Jones. And there's no answer other than somebody planeted it, you know, the O. J. Simpson defense. Somebody somebody killed the other. The two gloves and the blood and the car. Someone did it, And so can you state for the record, I feel silly asking this question whether you plant it the diamond brooch and the toolbox along with the pass key and the chain link?
Speaker 2: Did you plant?
Speaker 1: Did Blue exh police plan it to make sure an innocent man was convicted and a guilty man sent free. Can you admit whether or not you did that or not?
Speaker 2: I want a lawyer, You want a lawyer. Yeah, take the bill.
Speaker 6: If if they're gonna frame Elwood, why don't just get somebody wrote his blood and throw it around his car or throw it on his clothes.
Speaker 4: The other thing, one of the first officers interviewed him and he wasn't in custody yet and he talked to him. They could have said, you know, he told me I didn't mean to kill her. I didn't think anybody be I mean, they could make up a statement. The important thing is, too, is when as soon as that other couple got back to the room, they noticed her necklace was gone. So it's not like it was laying on the floor and an officer could have picked it up. And plus, why would you you're thinking this is a piece of evidence, You're gonna put it into evidence. You're gonna put it in a little baggy, You're gonna print it. You're gonna do that. So theoretically one of the officers got that, held it till the right time, and then somehow put it in his toolbox.
Speaker 2: It's just physically, I don't know how you could do it.
Speaker 1: So, in a sense, indirectly or directly, Hamnica Prosecutor's office is accusing a dead blue ash police officer of planning evidence in a capital case.
Speaker 2: Yes, Joe, how does well, It's that's absurd.
Speaker 6: It's one of men the offensive statements made by this office that I would hope people ask the hard questions, how can you exclude this guy? How can you make these statements that people hit stuff? I mean, it's just false. It's it is blatantly false. And that's one thing. And I said before, if she wants to let the guy go, that's her. I mean she's a prosecutor, have mercy. You know, he's been in there thirty years, whatever, go ahead, let him go. But to then use just falsehoods for the reason that evidence was hidden and that new medical scientific evidence has excluded him, that's just false. And someone else confessed, I mean, she's making false statements, I mean, just to her constituents about this case and impugning the reputation of really good prosecutors that devoted their lives to public service. And she, you know, she's casually offensive comment and it's horrible.
Speaker 1: Do you have a concern in the future. There's other noted cases that you two guys handled, and you're two of one of one hundred and fifty prosecutors in Hamlin County when you two guys are there, Well, she listens.
Speaker 6: To defense attorneys and not talk to the prosecutors. She's gonna come the same conclusion on a bunch of cases. There's noted cases, Wogenstall, Tracy Hunter, just line them up. Let's come up with something here. Anthony Killer, Anthony Kirkland. After all the defense council said, you know, is he is he executed yet?
Speaker 4: No, but he's there's that SMI defense cerial mental illness that they found a doctor to say he has that, and if he does, the judge can take him off death row.
Speaker 1: But not on off debt. L would not off death row. He got to know our bond and it's walking around Hamilton County right now. Well, he's he doesn't even have to know our bond anymore. He's three with prejudice, which means it's over it could ever be refined. Are you concerned this will be repeated? As part of your motivation coming here today is to say, Okay, this is Elwood Jones. He got thirty years, which is better than nothing. But worry about the next case, in the next case, in the next case. Have you concerned this this will be repeated?
Speaker 5: I hope it's not, but.
Speaker 6: You know, unfortunately I'll have to speak out on it again if it does, and I will, especially if she uses the reason, oh, we hid evidence or you know, something that's totally false scientifically.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just false.
Speaker 5: I don't know how else to say it.
Speaker 1: And as far as the dead police officer in blue ash, his name's been out there, I hesitate to repeat it. She's indirectly accusing him or someone like him, of committing serious felonies while wearing the uniform of a police officer. He's and by all counts, was a great police officer. And you know Marx has said this before. You know, he's got kids, he's got a wife, and to hear your dead father talked about like this, and if nothing else, I mean, somebody has to stand up for a road to Nathan.
Speaker 6: I mean, she came to this hotel for bar Mitzvah from New Jersey. Yeah, and.
Speaker 5: Was brutally murdered.
Speaker 6: The evidence is overwhelming on Elwood Jones, and it just seems like her name gets lost in the shuffle here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, came here for a Jewish shavenna about Smithsmah and all of a sudden she has her teeth punched down into her stomach. Can you imagine the violence of that attack? Sixty seven year old woman with Elwood had no chance, but she fought like a warrior poet and she lost. And she lost her money out of her purse. She lost her life, She lost her diamond brooch, almost as if she said, the killer has my diamond brooch.
Speaker 6: She lost her life, But think about what her family lost because by all accounts, and I talked to her again. I talked to her son Val over the weekend twice. She was just a lovely woman. Just she kept their family together and the loss they feel almost hourly.
Speaker 5: And someone needs to speak for her.
Speaker 6: And I just wish there is more sensitivity to victims in that office.
Speaker 2: Mark Pete, Maher, thank you anything that you want to add I haven't.
Speaker 1: I've asked you a few questions here sir, are you okay, I'm okay, you're okay.
Speaker 2: I'll say the hell out of my wife, Carol. She's listening.
Speaker 4: How many years, fifty years in May you're going to keep you or not? We went to the Roger Bacon prown together. So, oh my gosh, back in a good old day, back in a good old days. Yes, I'm not sure there was so Joe, you okay.
Speaker 6: The last thing my wife says said, don't say hi to me, So I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 1: Well nine stands for news. That's all I know. Well, guys, good luck. And by the way, you think it's over, I think it's just it's over. It's for Elwood is over.
Speaker 2: It's over for Elk. You come forward and confess now.
Speaker 4: And there's legally nothing you can do about it, because she dismissed it with prejudice.
Speaker 1: So Ellwood could say, you know, I found the lord, beat up cops, beat up my wife, burglarized bunch of places, went to prison a few times, and then all of a sudden, you know, I'm sorry I did, murder wrote, I'm very sorry I did, and I beat her to death and I shouldn't have done it, but I suspect that will not occur. But if it did, he's still a free man. Joe, thank you. You worry about the future, don't you do? This is one case I do. All right, Mark, thank you, sir, thank you. Let's continue with more news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: First of all, I want to say, but the fighter the Clamland Browns today will be in the fight of the Cincinnati Bengals tomorrow, the fight of.
Speaker 8: The Chicago Bears fans.
Speaker 9: Next year, the fight of the Steelers fans.
Speaker 8: And if you lose this battle, the NFL is gonna lose.
Speaker 10: No more.
Speaker 8: I got a football fans, We'll go to basketball baseball.
Speaker 2: And hell what the NFL and.
Speaker 8: The Browns ever lamed Cleveland.
Speaker 7: Many years ago an American stot of different Frenches, the Patrons and Concording Lexington said no to the British. The Patrons in World War Two said no the heckl and Mussolini.
Speaker 8: The Patriots and the person go for said no, Samus, and the Patriots.
Speaker 11: Today they say no heart, no, no.
Speaker 8: Discies.
Speaker 2: This is a battle for the heart and.
Speaker 8: Soul of America. This is a battle for your moms and dads. This is a battle for your children.
Speaker 9: This there's no battle from the integrity of the.
Speaker 8: American Why you life?
Speaker 11: If we cannot lose, I can't.
Speaker 2: Say no.
Speaker 12: What about call may have lit the match, but the torches burning him on Cinerado, Ohio.
Speaker 8: It's a brown Stone stay in Cleveland. Oh hell's gonna break loose?
Speaker 10: God, Hello, buyet.
Speaker 1: And I'm I'm broadcastings. I want to thank Matt and Reese for saving that thirty years ago.
Speaker 13: Today, really today that you stood on that you stood on that flatbed truck outside Cleveland's municipal stadium, rent and raving like a maniac. Desperate Browns fans needed leadership from the Southern command since and what the Browns do and want to be.
Speaker 2: So that the fur ball was that Were you with us that day? Yes, you were there.
Speaker 1: We go into the stadium, Cleveland Municimal the last game played right, Bengals and Browns and tearing the hell out of the place.
Speaker 14: We got about a minute twenty left in the game at this point, and it's getting very ugly in the Dog Pound. They're lifting the bleacher seats out and throwing them down by the gold post.
Speaker 1: That was Matt racist report that they're tearing seats out and everything right, they picked up.
Speaker 14: Just two and a half minutes left on the clock there and there are people who are apparently tearing up the stands over there and the bleachers and throwing things as a firecracker.
Speaker 2: Did you ever think it would come to this?
Speaker 15: No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 15: They call that the dog pot over there, and that's by you have your probably more friends and showed the enthusiasm than any part of the stadium. And uh, they come to wear.
Speaker 2: A different kind of outfits.
Speaker 15: They had dog bolt out of them and with their uh, I think it's it's they're just expressing their destroysure.
Speaker 2: We're taking place, guys in the bag and uh, Andy Furman was with us, and we go behind the Browns bench up walks Bill Belichick right, and Andy would send him, you know, letters, a few Belichick whatever happened to him?
Speaker 1: Talk to Jordan Hudson about that. Yeah, And now, so next thing was a young coach name Nick saban Bingo. Yeah, what's your name? Said Bill Cunningham. He done Hall of Fame chap thirty years ago. Now, Alabama, how about about sorry abou him and his wife from a small town in East Virginia. Right, they're at a stop line in West Virginia. Nick Saban's with his wife about four years ago that lou Grozo with Matt and reechs gotta played it again for Louke and so uh. Nick Saban looks over at the Sitgo gas station, small town in West Virginia, and the guy pumping gas was someone who dated Nick Saban's wife thirty years ago. And so Nick Saban says to his wife, look at that guy in that jeth throw you know that's him. Hell, if you would have married him, you'd be pumping gas and uh in Sitgo stations and Morgantown, West Virginia. The wife looked at Nick and said, look are you kidding me? If I would have married him, he'd be the head football coach of Alabama and you'd be pumping gas and the SITG station in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Speaker 2: Was that a good comeback?
Speaker 16: Willie the strutureporters and proud service every local temp Star heating and air conditioning dealers temps a quality you could feel in beautiful Western hills called Durbin Heating and Coolie at five one, three, five nine, eight eighty four forty nine or go to Durbinheat and Cooling dot com spots also, Willie, it's the holiday season getting near Christmas. Wishtree program has been going on for forty one years. Help people out at the wish Tree hotline is five one three eight five two eighteen ninety five or email them at the Wishtree program at gmail dot com. Help out some people during this holiday season.
Speaker 2: Did Joe Deeters put the cheese on the cracker several slices? Yes?
Speaker 1: And as I said, I've had Connie Pilach on before, right, yes you have if she wants to come on and refute this.
Speaker 2: My airwaves are yours.
Speaker 16: College basketball, Willie, it was Miami taking the lead early and never look back. They've Wright State last night, so the RedHawks and Travis Steel for the first time in school history eleven and oher congratulations on what he what coach Steel has done in love and honor, he said, man, and I'm glad he's doing well tonight. Alabama State and the Cincinnati Bearcats fifth third arena, six point thirty here on seven hundred WLW. Xavier opens Big Big East Conference play hosting Creighton at six. When I had on Iris Rolie. Did I let her talk on fifty five KRC. Yes, also tonight Horizon League Action.
Speaker 2: I'm about getting the words out segment. That's what I'm about, the words.
Speaker 16: Oakland and Nku at six thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yeah.
Speaker 16: Now, going back to the Bearcats, Gisel James has returned to the roster.
Speaker 2: Do we know why he left the roster?
Speaker 16: I have no idea. I guess bad, happy or something. But the top scorer from last year is back on the Bearcats roster. The Orlando, Florida native will be in action tonight.
Speaker 2: I like to know what it is. I don't know what happened. Do we have the right to know?
Speaker 1: Probably probably the green Salad. The salvation has something to do with it wasn't paid enough. The Miami Dolphins are benching Tua and they're going to turn to rookie quinn Ewers as their starter Sunday against the Bengals in South Beach.
Speaker 2: And isn't Arch Manning going to the draft? I don't know. I think no.
Speaker 16: He says no, he's returning to Texas. He said that yesterday. How much money is he getting to return to Texas, probably plenty. I'll tell you what if what's his name is worth four million in Texas tech, Well, how much is Manning worth of Texas? Probably double it or moreo Ohio College, Ohio University, the home of Tom Brenneman, can Brew and others, the home of the Bobcats, have fired head coach at Bryan Smith for cause today. What's saying Smith violated his contract by engaging in serious professional misconduct and participating in activities that reflect unfavorably on the university.
Speaker 2: This is sure own more situation.
Speaker 5: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: There's very that's all. That's all they said.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 16: John, the defensive coordinator, John Hauser was named interim coach and he'll lead the how you Bobcats into the Frisco Bowl against UNLV.
Speaker 1: I have a text here in caring minds want to know was Gisel James involved in a legal matter?
Speaker 2: What can you tell me, Tony? Well, he probably he knows it all.
Speaker 16: Also, Soccer FC Cincinnati has transferred to Alvaro Barriel back to his Brazilian As Santos FC team for a multi million dollar fee.
Speaker 2: Who pays the feet?
Speaker 16: I guess, uh? I guess his Brazilian club. They had him here on loan, and so he goes back to Brazil. Well, I tell you what FC Cincinnati is like upheaval. They're trying, they're they're they're they're up, up up, and uh get give Jeff Burning credit, right, he's trying. Well, they're trying to get better, and they're letting a lot of people go. But hopefully it all works.
Speaker 1: You see segment how much money should someone receive if, in fact they were wrongfully prosecuted and sent to death row for thirty years and the other side's lawyer, that's Countye Pillage, Yeah, admits that it was an intentional act and that compensation therefore must be paid. How much would the taxpayers of Amileton County pay for this one zillions for thirty years, thirty years, thirty years. When you're hot, you're hot. You've got to see what And they got to pay out eight and a half million of those protesters, right that broke the law.
Speaker 2: Gotta pay him, but they they they put the lawsuit in there and they won. Gotta pay him. Segment unbelievable. Andy Mack and.
Speaker 1: Uh Alfonse go Hartstein and Louis Serkin is going to make a fortune because she says, among other things, Connie Pillage that the prosecutor's office cheated, and that means Joe Eaters and and of course Mark Pete Mayer cheated. So the lawyer for the other side, which the taxpayer, just admit it. We're gonna pay Ellwood a bunch of money.
Speaker 2: That's for sure.
Speaker 1: That they withheld quote thousands of pages of withheld information, your.
Speaker 2: Comments, your two guests for you two guests earlier laid it out.
Speaker 1: That'll never happen again. When a Supreme Court justice reaches down to the local level and puts the cheese on the cracker, takes off the robe and takes back to the prosecutor's office with Mark Petemeyer and others.
Speaker 2: Maybe I had to go down there and uh, you know, mutiny.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's gonna happen, but all of my comments myself have I said, once again, normally there's two or three sides to ever story correct, right, So if Ledwood Jones, or Alfonska Hartstein, or Louis Serkin or Counnie Pillage or Sharon Coolidge, anybody once come on and talk about this.
Speaker 2: Am I respectful of my guest, Do I let them get their words out? Yeah? Absolutely, because I don't have all the answers.
Speaker 1: Just when you think you know all the answers, Sei, man, someone changes the questions, that's for sure. So you know, I would like to have the county prosecutor come on and put some meat on the bones and let me ask her about these pieces of evidence that seemed conclusively to point in Elwood Jones, but to declare that he was wrongfully prosecuted.
Speaker 2: He's an innocent man.
Speaker 1: The guilty guy is still out there somewhere and the Joe Deaters and Mark Petemyer hit evidence and cheated. Well, if she feels that way, come into the web right here, sit sit right there, and let you and I talk, and I'll ask her the questions and I will be as respectful as always as I am. Segment, Get me out of the Studge Report, will thee an out of a beautiful day here at the tri State? And putting the cheese on the kracker, we leave you with the immortal words of the stew Report.
Speaker 14: Two and a half minutes left on the clock there and there are people who are apparently tearing.
Speaker 2: Up the stands over there.
Speaker 1: That's Matt Reese interviewing, among others, Lou Groza thirty years ago. Today it happens segment the Browns moved to Baltimore and the Ravens were born and quickly won two Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred W BLW.
Speaker 1: My Billy Cunning in the Great American I've been here a long time. I've never been with something so dramatic. When the Supreme Court sitting justice takes off his black robe, puts back on his prosecutor's hat and begins by stating, among other things, in his statement that I'm appearing. Let me read you with the opening line as you go to our Twitter x account and get the information before addressing the evidence in this case. This is a letter from Joe Dieters to County Pillage. I want to be clear about the capacity in which I write. I do both as a former prosecuting attorney of Hamlet County and the citizen of this county, and my current role is the justice on the I Supreme Court. I've exercised scrupulous caution with respect to matters originating from my former office. Consistent with this obligation, I voluntarily recused myself any participation in the Elwood Jones case.
Speaker 2: Here's on to say.
Speaker 1: I watched the full news conference in which you dismissed the entire case against Elwood Jones. During that conference, you publicly proclaim that Jones had been caught cleared of the murder of Miss Nathan, asserting that your decision was based on quote modern day medical testing unquote that excluded Elwood Jones as a suspect quote unquote, Well, it does not exclude him as a suspect. There's no DNA involved in this case. It is the ability of someone with hepatitis B, which wrote ahead wrote to Nathan, had to communicate that to Elwood Jones during the time that Elwood Jones was viciously punching sixty seven year old wrote to Nathan in the face, driving her teeth into her stomach. And according to Joe Dieters and Mark Petmeyer, the defense's own expert witness, said that the communication that transmission would happen about one third of the time, and two thirds of the time it would not be transmitted. So is that irrefutable that to Elwood Jones is in fact the murderer. I don't think so. And the current county prosecutor who's been on my show a couple times, and she's welcome to come back. I don't beraate anyone. I want to get the story out. Joe Dieters also said in this letter, you publicly impugned the integrity of former members of my office, suggesting they cheated, and falsely implied that thousands of pages of evidence had been withheld from the defense. By the way, Mark Petmer answered that you compounded these accusations by portraying your actions as a necessary corrective measure to allege past misconduct. Invoking the creation of a conditioned integrity unit is justification, He goes, want to say that these assertions by you, assertions at County Pillage are false, reckless, and profoundly damaging. They constitute a gross dis service to the people of Hamlet County and an unjustified attack on honorable, honorable public servants.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what the response should be.
Speaker 1: I didn't I believe that Connie Pillage, the elected county prosecutor, did not hang around to answer questions in the media, And with all due respect to the media, I don't think they have the intimate knowledge of the case that I think I have because of speaking to Mark and to Joe a long time about this matter, and so if there's another version of the facts that need to get out, I'm more than happy to provide a form for Connie Pillage to come on to explain it in a non adversarial way. When I have on people I disagree with, like Iris Rowley, I think she admitted and when she left her she had her say, She got her word out, and then you as a listener can decide whether it's good, bad, or and different, whether in fact you know it's something that you accept her or don't. And I've also said to Joe and others that, in a sense, what difference does it make At this point, if the election were held tomorrow Countie, Pillage likely would still win. Goes so they can because of the constituency the voters of Hamlyn County. Criticisms of the mayor, et cetera. Are somewhat interesting, but he got I think seventy eight percent of the vote, and all the crap that came out about him maybe cost him one or two percentage points. She still won easily, So at the end of the day, I think Mark Pete Meyer and Joe Dieters had their say, other shoes will drop in this matter.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you what they are. At the end, I said, Joe, is it over? He said, yes, it's over.
Speaker 1: Well, she dismissed it with prejudice, which means it can't be brought again, and the trial court has stamped it.
Speaker 2: It's over done.
Speaker 1: But as you know, as attorneys, we have to shall we say, comply with certain rules of ethics from Ohio Disciplinary Council. And you can't be a prosecutor if you don't have a law license. On the other hand, if someone believes on the other side of the fence that Joe or Mark Petemer, I think Mark Store was a law license. You know, you work hard to get him and it's been a lawyer about forty five years, so I don't think he wants to keep it. If anything they said was false, that the other shoe could drop on the other side of the other side of the fence, everyone's got the right to freely speak, and the Supreme Court recently gave judges the ability to freely speak and be held accountable for their for their words. If it is false, then either side can come forward and file a lawsuit against the other party. Alleging defamation. Yeah, and it's possible. I think it'd be wasted effort. And I don't advise Connie Pillach or Sharon Cooliache or top assistant on many things.
Speaker 2: But I haven't spoken to them in the months. But if I did, I would say let it go. The decision has been made. It's over with.
Speaker 1: The case is dismissed with prejudice, means you can't be brought again, and it's files to him by common Police court judge and it's over. Elwood Jones is free to go, and he is gone. If he would come forward and admit to it all right now, nothing would come of that either because he's been dismissed with prejudice and double jeopardy has attached, so he can't be tried again for the murder. And I hope in his seventies he finds the Lord in one sense or another. In my faith Catholicism, you go to confession or reconciliation, you admit your sins. And in my case, once I got a rosary, normally I get an our Father of Hell, mayor I did some bad things and the years ago I got I got a rosary. Is my penance, and I said the Rosary, and I'm forgiven. So I hope in a sense that Elwood Jones can come to griffs with reality and the solitude of his mind, apologize, seek forgiveness, and if it's sincere and profound, it will be given to Elwood Jones. On the other side of the fence, the taxpayers at Hamilton County are going to pay out millions and millions and millions of more dollars because of the wrongful prosecution of Elwood Jones, according to the current county prosecutor who's the attorney for the Common Police Court judges. So that means sometime probably after the first of the year, there's going to be a decision made by maybe Alfonska Hartstein or Bill Gallagher or other civil attorneys who's going to sue Hamilton County. In other words, you for tens of millions of dollars because the lawyer for the county has admitted that the county is liable for civil damages. She said he was wrongfully convicted and implied there was a there was an intentional motive by Mark Pete Meyer and Joe Dieters and doing this. In other words, say the theory is that they found an innocent man unconnected to the murder, and they conjured up evidence that somebody planted to make it easy to convict an innocent man with the consequence that the guilty person who did this would be set free, would not be discovered. And so when you have the lawyer for the county who's going to write the check, admit the fundamentals of the lawsuit to come, it's going to be a big check. It's going to be a big number. Maybe not Bengal number, but how do you financially compensate someone who spent thirty years on death row? Is it fifty thousand bucks a year? Is it one hundred thousand bucks a year? That'd be three or four million plus the lawyers have to be paid. So Ellwood Jones would come a multimillionaire and you're going to pay it goes The lawyer for the county just admitted liability, which is something you want to try to avoid. So do either parties have possible lawsuits against the other personally? I guess it's possible Elwood Jones could possibly sue Joe and Marca. That wouldn't go anywhere. Joe and Marca. The family of the Blue Ash cop who was indirectly charged with planning evidence in a murder case, won't mention his name. Could sue, but at the end of the day, I would urge all parties to stand back. Each party had their say. County Pillich, whether you like it or not, is going to be the county prosecutor for the next three years. And if she runs for reelection, which is likely, Joe went another term. Joe Dieter says the six year smile on his face. That is he was just elected in twenty twenty four. He's been a friend of mine most of my life. I was the MC of the swearing in ceremonies for the Supreme Court of Ohio. I was proud to do that. Spend my buddy a long time. We vacations together, talking to the phone probably ten times a week. He's my personal friend and I've urged him. Also, you've had your say. Connie Pilach had her say. Elwood Jones is now in his seventies and is free. I know it's hard to do what It's time to move on. Wait for the next shoe to drop, which is the lawsuit Elwood will have against Hamilton County for wrongfully prosecuting him. And then you're going to write a check as a taxpayer, a big check to Elwood Jones. It will pass it on, can't spend all the money he's going to have, and he'll pass it on to his family in some form.
Speaker 2: Can parties like this.
Speaker 1: Each have fundamentally different opinions on a criminal case. I think one side is supported by the facts, the other side didn't. That's my personal opinion. That are they capable of moving on and saying, Okay, that's it we.
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: Connie Pillage has a thousand criminal cases. In fact, if I counseled her, which I don't, or Sharon Cooliache, the great inquiry reporter working with her, I would have said, look, if you got to do this. Because the judge in this case, Wendy Cross, is a newbie judge, a liberal public defender type. She essentially ordered a new trial. She didn't order a neutril not essentially she ordered a new trial of Elwood Johnes something all the other twenty five or thirty judges that looked at the same evidence said no. But if she's the one with the right answer, and people that know Wendy Cross. The judge tell me she's a good judge, and they tell me she's a nice lady. It never met her, likely never will, but she's a judge. She can look at it say okay, this guy needs a new trial. At that point, Connie Pillage should have said, you know what, I got a thousand cases to prosecute. The county commissioners want to cut my budget by ten p and I got so much to do. I'm going to dismiss the case and let it go. Don't talk about Joe Dieters and Mark p maher cheating. Don't talk about impugning the character of Joe Dieters and Mark Pete Meyer and everyone in that office. Don't talk about withheld evidence, and don't talk about new scientific materials which amount to nothing. Just say, look, I'm busy. I have a thousand cases. I want to spend our time on present cases in Hamlin County. This one happened in the mid nineteen nineties when I was a very young woman. I'm sure she is even a lawyer. Then I want to move on.
Speaker 2: Okay, I, like Joe said, sitting right there, if she would have done that, which is her right she's the county prosecutor, she's the chief law enforcement official in Amony County. That's the end of it.
Speaker 4: Move on.
Speaker 1: I disagree, Joe disses, Mark Petemer disagrees, Seth Tiger disagrees. But she is the right and the power to do it, and she did it.
Speaker 4: Let it go.
Speaker 2: But she didn't do that.
Speaker 1: She justified it by throwing dirt on everyone that went before, which is unseemly behavior for a prosecutor.
Speaker 2: You don't do that.
Speaker 1: So, uh, that's where we are once again. I know they're listening. And if Sharon Coolidge, who worked for years in the in the inquiry, great reporter, she's the one that broke all the stuff on Cheryl Long, the city manager, having filed bankruptcy. The headhunter couldn't find that, but Sharon Coolidge did. If they want to come on uh Thursday or Friday and have their say, they will. They will be accepted as somebody with a different viewpoint, and yes, come on and you can respond and then move It's time I think to move on. The case is over. The only thing left to right is a check and the check will be written by the county commissioners to the tune of millions and millions of dollars to compensate Edward Jones. Sometime next year of the year after a check will be written. And I hope this ends the matter. No more revenge, no more retribution, no more time spent back and forth, back and forth. Connie Pillach had her say, by their standards, they impuged the character and reputation of Joe Dieters and Mark Petemeyer and Seth Tiger. They had their say, it's over. Stop it except for the check writing. Will that happen? I hope, I have hope. And if Connie or Sharon Coolidge want to call me, they have my cell phone later today, please do we can talk a little bit and move on. It's time to move on and don't have retribution and revenge against anyone. There's enough present work to do to keep all parties busy, including me. But if she wants to talk, ever say, I'll say, thank you Connie, you're the county prosecutor. I wish you well in your office. Thank you see you again. That's it to twenty five Home of the Bengals News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: What's your favorite moment in this Stadium, nineteen fifty Chapters of Day in our first year of the NFL.
Speaker 15: I think kick a sixteen yard field goal with about twenty seconds of play? What twenty eight twenty sef I thirty to twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, mister Grose.
Speaker 5: I appreciate.
Speaker 10: Hello. Bye, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Rock.
Speaker 2: You're just a young fella, but you don't remember Luke Grose.
Speaker 17: He's got an award named after him, Luke Rose place kicker, and he played I think off defensive tackle offensive though for the Brownies.
Speaker 2: That's when the football was football. They went both ways, are as men played y a tittle. Those are the guys. Yeah, how about this?
Speaker 1: That was thirty years ago today, the last day that the brown Stadium was opened, and I was there on the back of a flatbed truck speaking what are you doing there? I was invited by uh screaming like a maniacs.
Speaker 9: All I want to say.
Speaker 7: But the fight of that Cleveland Browns today will be in the fight of the Cincinnati Bengals tomorrow, the fight of the Chicano Bears fans next year, the fight of.
Speaker 8: The Steelers fans.
Speaker 12: You lose this battle, the NFL is gonna lose the war and a football fan.
Speaker 10: We'll go to fast the hall place.
Speaker 8: Hell what the NFL and the Browns ever lay Cleveland?
Speaker 7: Different Americans of different branches. The patrons are not in Lexington set.
Speaker 2: No to break minute.
Speaker 8: Patrons in World War Two sat heck Goods leading.
Speaker 2: They change the person.
Speaker 9: Go for said Sam, No heart brothers.
Speaker 11: A battle from the heart and soul of America. This is a battle for your mom and dads. This is a battle for your children. This is a battle from the integrity of the American.
Speaker 8: Why you like then we can love can.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 8: You know n may have let the match? What the torches burning?
Speaker 7: The one Cineraena Ohio, it's the brown Stone saying Cleveland, Oh, hen's.
Speaker 11: Gonna break loose?
Speaker 1: Go back of a fight to put a plaque? Yes, where exactly that happened? And you're great speech up in Cleveland and at the end of the game, and you predicted the NFL is going to go nowhere?
Speaker 2: Right, how about the n f L are gonna like what if I way of the Cleveland.
Speaker 1: That had the one guy with that dog face in front of me and then they went to Baltimore. How did it work out in Baltimore. Pretty good, Cleveland, Yeah, you think we got problems. Would you rather be a Browns fan or a Bengals fan?
Speaker 2: Bengals?
Speaker 1: How about I go in the center with a Buckeyes about a Raiders fan or a Bengals fan. Raiders of the Bengals, Bengals. How about the Jets or Giants or the Bengals be that's what. Be happy with what you got, know your role.
Speaker 4: And it shut your mouth and at the end, with what we're giving you, Matt, they don't ask for much more.
Speaker 1: Don't ask And lou Rosa police is interviewed and they're tearing apart municipal stadium, the seats and setting out on your field.
Speaker 2: Have bonfire started with two minutes to go in the game. So were you trying to prevent the Browns from leaving Cleveland? Yes, there was a Trevizzano and I we're going nuts.
Speaker 5: Didn't work.
Speaker 1: Browns must stay in Cleveland. How that work out?
Speaker 2: NFL is going to fail if they leave Plus Rock.
Speaker 1: The thing of it is is you look up on the TV monitor and it's a beautiful green field on TV and you look down on the actual field.
Speaker 2: I mean it looked like that that the eighth Army was coming through in World War.
Speaker 14: What is that?
Speaker 1: What's the deal? I mean you couldn't marking anything else. People are going nuts or throwing stuff out on the field. I remember the Titans.
Speaker 17: They would spray paint the ground green because of you know, by December the ground was all chewed up.
Speaker 2: My predictions were not accurate. Is that fair?
Speaker 1: It's fair to say, are you going to be here Christmas morning for the spectacular? Got your family?
Speaker 2: Yes, my kid's birthday again. But we can go early.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: We got Tom, renahand that Scott Sloan, me, you and Eddie, the five heads of the five families.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? I'm ready Christmas morning starting about seven am. You'll be here now.
Speaker 17: Last year we did the question where one sees one segment was supposed to be what was your journey to get here to the big point?
Speaker 2: I take the entire show, just take one segment. Show exactly right. I got a good segment. I'm not going to tell you about the Christmas Day itself. Good save it for air. I want to be surprised. Two hours are great and I'm you know most of us I live close.
Speaker 1: You live out in the in the Kentucky I mean, I don't know if you can get there from here, and so do my best forty five minutes, but I'm hearing three minutes, so it's gonna be great.
Speaker 17: We're gonna deal with abortion and lethal injection and other topics that we've dealt with.
Speaker 1: The more abortion. You gotta talk about the Trump Yes, yes, I'll talk about the Trump Star. So give me some sports. And my predictions have not always been accurate. I'm fair to say you dis missed that one just by that much.
Speaker 2: HENNFL is gonna amount to nothing.
Speaker 1: And Cleveland, the Browns are staying in Cleveland, Art model and kiss my ass?
Speaker 2: How'd that work out? Double Super Bowls?
Speaker 16: WELLI the Stuart reporters of Proud service of your local Tamestar Heating and air Conditioning dealers, Thamestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati, col Schmid Heating and Coolie five one three five three one sixty nine hundred sports.
Speaker 2: What will ye?
Speaker 16: Those Miami RedHawks rolled to eleven and oh last night as they beat Wright State, Alabama State, and the Cincinnati Bearcats tonight at six thirty and Jizzle.
Speaker 2: Jane listen up his back Jizzl is busy.
Speaker 1: Gisela is back. He's been added to the roster by a head coach Wes Miller.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: I'm glad he's back. He's a young man. Let's move on and keep telling people move on, but they don't listen to the great American.
Speaker 5: Let they move on.
Speaker 2: Led the Cats last year with twelve.
Speaker 17: The past, I don't I don't have repigation, clearly focused on the future, in.
Speaker 2: The future, and I don't make any predictions. They played. They played Clemson this weekend. Is that crreck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cleveland, Brown's play No the Bank Bearcats For Sunday, Xavier opens Big East play Tonight up against Creighton at Sentas Senna and at six pm at fifty five k r C Horizon League play Oakland and n k U six point thirty on Fox Sports thirteen to sixty.
Speaker 2: Let's see Bengals update. The Tua is out, Quinn Ewers is.
Speaker 1: In as the new starter for the Miami Dolphins Sunday again, beloved, what about Tua?
Speaker 6: Rock?
Speaker 2: What about Tua? It's hard for.
Speaker 17: Him because he's undersized. It'significantly on your side. Eleven or the Bengals got The Bengals gonna have to tee it up.
Speaker 1: College football Ohio UIs Ohio US fired head coach Brian Smith for cause today, saying Smith violated his contract by engaging in serious professional misconduct and participating in activities that reflect unfavorably on the university aka sex.
Speaker 2: Not only to predict something, it's either sex or money, generly sex.
Speaker 16: Bobcats won eight and four in his first season as coach, defense bacte penetration. Defensive coordinator John Houser will be named interim coach. The ou Bobcats will take on U N l V in the Frisco Bowl.
Speaker 2: You doing that one? Noting that we got six or five? December twenty third. What about if Jimmy Burrow is still the decordinator in Ohio? He might take over and rule with an iron grip. You go, He's not there? Is that the brother? He says?
Speaker 5: His dad?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, his father is still He was? No, he was, he was.
Speaker 17: He could go back to Ohio for years, many years I covered the head coach. Possibly, he's probably having a pretty good time now just watching his son.
Speaker 1: Zach Zach Schuler right now, looks like his contracts through twenty twenty seventy seven. Now, why would the Bengals after the AFC Championship game was that in twenty two that they lost, they reupted into another five years, right, Why wouldn't they announce that?
Speaker 2: Would anybody have a problem with it? The Bengals, They don't do things like that, But why not?
Speaker 17: Is there not some value in seeing what the best companies do and doing that at least a little bit?
Speaker 2: No nothing, making no sense.
Speaker 1: Keep quiet, don't take care of your customers, don't shovel the seats, Just dust off the snow to the guy in front of you. Sit there on a home city ice and just sit there and freeze your testicles and know your role and shut your mouth and don't complain because next year things you're gonna be any of the same thing.
Speaker 17: You can think about it, but don't do it. That's why Joe Burrow last week was so sullen. It wasn't the current situation. It wasn't like, Okay, we're probably not gonna make the playoffs. It was knowing looking ahead, knowing it's not going to get better. That's when you lose all hope. When you know things you're not going to get better, hope. That's What he realized is what Bengals fans are.
Speaker 2: No, no hope. Do you have hope? Do you have hope? I always have hope. Say do you have hope? Yes? Who's gonna next win a championship?
Speaker 1: Here we go every day, every day, the Reds World Series. Won't you ask yourself this and then we'll and then we'll respond. You see Bearcats win a national basketball title or third or Bengals win a super Bowl? Come on, putch one. FC wins the MLS. That's down in there too, f C.
Speaker 3: You f C.
Speaker 1: Name with the Reds because got the playoffs. All they had to do was beat l A in l A two or three games. That's all they had to do. Or some high school team wins a state check football championship around here.
Speaker 17: Way so, by the way, So the Reds couldn't afford Schwarmer, right, but they had a significant amount of money they're gonna give? Are they gonna then take that same amount of money and divvy it out the other free agents that are not Kyle Schwarmer.
Speaker 1: A lot of the players are arbitration eligible. They got to save the twenty mil from Martinez.
Speaker 17: We're talking a bunch of nonsense. Are they gonna spend money and get good players?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Thank you? What's on the show? I don't know? Do you have hope? You winning a national basketball title? Is that good? My name's West. Don't get me in this mess. Go ahead, Rock, we gotta run, Rock.
Speaker 10: What do you?
Speaker 2: You know what you have today? Or yeah we do. We got Grace Tucker from the Inquirer right out of the gate.
Speaker 4: We got Trags at four o'clock talking about the Bengals in the current situation, and much much more.
Speaker 2: Sake, give me out of sous You're core, will you?
Speaker 16: And honor of a nice day here at a tri State What's next? We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 2: I've got some wise words for that Cincinnati mayor.
Speaker 12: Ain't no joke?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that one? Operation Repo one of the greatest shows ever on television. It's Tete Pregnant. No, you predicted that a while back and it did not come true. She has to get married, is what I say. She has her own private island. By the way, you see this, Let's go, let's go, let's call, let's go, let's go on seven hundred WL. Don't you