Speaker 1: Listen Beaverville, come on in. I like the Alaskan Pipeline morning light and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine. I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with us three of us to start later. Please, I could never know if the day was asked. Florida, listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram. Yeah, super duper. That's nice. Fight a go Nito Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the tenth day of April twenty twenty six. Happy Friday morning, everybody. My name is Chris Hockey. Welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show. Here we go, it's Friday.
Speaker 3: You know what that means.
Speaker 2: It's time place some initials game. We got all that going on. And we also, by the way, have the lovely intelliented Marty Glarney coming in. So hope you're ready for a great weekend. It's gonna be pushing eighty on Sunday. But here's some comedy from the Great Dusty Sleigh.
Speaker 3: Come on in. I am so glad that you are here.
Speaker 1: My parents have me afraid of falling into an old well. That was our big fear.
Speaker 4: They're like, you fall into an old well, people won't find you for three or four days. I'm like, three or four days. How about if I don't come home tonight, you go looking for me? Like I'm not a world traveler out here. You got a pretty good idea where I'm gonna be here? Have you walk around out there listening for somebody going, hey, that'll be me trapped in an old well. That'll be an old well. Though new well people just come by, cranky right out of there. I guess old well people just come by and throw change in there.
Speaker 1: You make a little money down in an old well.
Speaker 2: Tough to spend it.
Speaker 1: But you can make it now way.
Speaker 4: People come trying to rescue you in They're like it too heavy, drop all that change. I'm like, now you come back with stronger people. I made this money down here. I'm down here doing well.
Speaker 1: I agree the fer side, sweet and feet us.
Speaker 2: On your side.
Speaker 5: You hear the distance under this sn inn you stray.
Speaker 1: To take it to the poor trim morning Joe. It is Friday, April tenth.
Speaker 6: Of twenty twenty six. I'm Corey Coleve. That's Chris Hockey. That's meet Sauce. Paul Lambert, zach Alberson is here, and of course it's Friday, so.
Speaker 1: The gentleman John Friesel is here as well. Good morning, Good morning friends, How are you excellent? How are you? Thanks for sticking around today.
Speaker 7: You appreciate it, man, thanks you for the invite. I get asked all the time by people like you, playing the initials anytime, seeing them like today. I'm always in the bullpen, ready to be called in today's to day. Hi, Corlis, good morning.
Speaker 1: How is you? Man? Great? Good, good, good good?
Speaker 3: Why'd you just ignore John?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Right there, I said, I to John before.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, relax.
Speaker 1: I hugged John. John's the only person here. I hug what well? I hug you? But you, uh you have movement? Our hips touched. Yeah, yeah, that happens.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my dad doesn't want me hugging Hawk. He gets jealous, he does, true, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's jealous man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yeah, glad to be here. Well, your guy didn't withdraw yet, and your guy's lower than my guy.
Speaker 1: Don't care, and my guy's lower than.
Speaker 8: All your How about the guyrk was like you gotta take him. I can't believe you guys left and there is a Bobby He basically he turned into Bin Laden too. I think he had a JFC yelled on.
Speaker 1: The course to patrons. Can't be hearing that kind of language, patrons.
Speaker 2: They fell apart, but they were talking about somebody's ball going in a patrons bag. Guess I'm like it was I thought it was like a type of bag. Yeah, I think it was Xander. Yeah, yeah, a patron patron.
Speaker 8: That's they They have very specific rules about what the broadcast.
Speaker 1: Team can say. They're not a spectator.
Speaker 6: They're a patron god, so they're not spectating their patron.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it. Did you know that? I don't want to be patronized? Why would you do? You know?
Speaker 8: They have a one year deal with their TV people every year, so they hold all the all the rights.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's I mean it's so well done. It is a little bit messy.
Speaker 1: Uh. I figured it out yesterday with the broad.
Speaker 7: You know, because sums on Amazon, some of it's on Masters dot Com. Obviously in the app you can watch anything involving it.
Speaker 1: But that's part of it too, is their app is.
Speaker 7: King and what I Love Most Too, is like for the Power Trip Choices it. I'll be out of it today, but I'll still be paying attention. You just hit your favorites and then there's a separate leader board with everyone that's in the Power Trip one, and then you can just put my group on that app and it will show every shot from every person that is that is favorited, no kidding. Yeah, that's cool as it happens. So you could just have that going and not even be watching the broadcast.
Speaker 1: It's sweet.
Speaker 6: That's pretty good for an event that's once a year. Yeah, to have an app that's that smooth, that's pretty good. So smooth, I don't have it.
Speaker 3: They must be doing okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean eventually they're going to own the entire state of Georgia at this right, they just keep buying land and yeah, well.
Speaker 3: You know it's three cents a mile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the old that's it.
Speaker 7: It's really they're perfect, except now the involvement of Jason Kelsey.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's hot. They should send him to cover.
Speaker 8: The war and I ran, wow at that point, I'd be like, sure, there you go.
Speaker 6: And that's such a that's a tough tightrope. Walk right, figure how much fun it is for Jason to do what he's doing must be awesome, but somebody in his camp's got to go.
Speaker 1: Can we just take it down? And not? You're having the time of your life, but everybody else is really sick of this.
Speaker 7: It is going to damage the brand at some point, right for him and I like him in Small Ghost.
Speaker 8: Too, But think and think about being asked like, hey, if the Master's like, you want to come down and have a ton of fun, yes.
Speaker 1: No I can't. I'm overexposed exactly.
Speaker 6: From a personal perspective, that's really hard to say no. And you're getting offered these awesome things, but yeah, the rest of us are like really, it's.
Speaker 7: Just to the point where, now like this morning, when I opened the closet to pick out what I was going to wear, I expected to see Jason Kelsey. Yeah, and then when I.
Speaker 8: Was more Jason borehies. Yeah, I'd be so hard. Wow, Okay, yeah, okay, that's good. YU.
Speaker 1: See, I love Jason.
Speaker 8: He's everywhere though, Kelsey's everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 1: That's why I saw loves him, loves him, Yeah, I mean I don't. He's not like in the football stuff, like on the Monday night. Bet he's fine.
Speaker 8: But then he's like doing that talk show that lasted like an episode and a half.
Speaker 1: He's doing this bit. I don't know. I think it was a little bit too much and the internet pamned him for it. Yeah. I like him.
Speaker 7: That's the thing that's that's tough about it, is like I like him. It's not annoying because I dislike him, which shows if there are people that are they're indifferent or they don't like him, they're gonna jump off the IDs tower.
Speaker 1: You can't get away from them. He's everywhere. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So Sam Burns and Rory McElroy, yeah, co leaders.
Speaker 1: After round one, he's gonna win this thing.
Speaker 7: He got it feels like once he got over the hump and got the monkey off his back, he just he didn't play that very well yesterday.
Speaker 8: I think he hit one fairway, maybe two, one or two, Yeah, and he was just awesome. So if he starts hitting fairways, look out, it's over. We didn't somebody in our group take Sam Burns. No, oh no, that's the guy Rosie wanted to take. Yeah, yeah, say that.
Speaker 6: According to Yahoo eighteen, of the last nineteen Masters champions we're in the top eleven after the first round. Yeah, so this is one of those tournaments. If you get off to a bad start, it's probably over right. You can't win the tournament on day one, but you can lose it rightly.
Speaker 7: And it's top fifty plus ties, so there's gonna be some extra money. Is it twenty five if we missed the cut?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, we're gonna have probably. I would bet close to half will miss the cut.
Speaker 7: And that's the thing. I can't even be upset. There's a lot of I mean, I picked where I usually do. I never get a good pick. I just have bad luck with this thing. But getting MINMULEI where I got him with the h he's one of the top seven in strokes gained the past three months, which I think all the past seven winners have been in that category. And to get at him where I did, I was happy, and I you know, I didn't think he was going to win the thing, but I was like, I have a shot, and the fact that he was available at that time. But man, the Patrick read he always plays well there. Jordan's Speith looked okay. He came apart at the.
Speaker 1: End of last couple of years and nobody ever picks him. He's just solid, man.
Speaker 8: I don't know it did must end up picking eventually, Yes, after a Crystal swore at him via whiteboard.
Speaker 1: That was funny.
Speaker 7: That was that marker wasn't bright enough. If it was a black marker.
Speaker 1: Saw that he was definitely bright enough. I had to go in.
Speaker 7: Chloe was giving a presentation at her school, and so I'm like, I need to go in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, present he crushed. Yeah, damn at that age they're giving, is it like show and tell her? What are we talking here?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: It was she has some changes.
Speaker 7: Its second fold there are Yeah, she wants me to go back to the war. No, they have to memorize a chunk of a a poem and then say it in front of the school and parents and stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, she crushed it.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah I should if it was like, all right, you go up here and just tell a story. She for sure were to talk about saying the F word on the Disney bus.
Speaker 1: Sure when she was three. Yeah, No, she did great.
Speaker 7: But I didn't want I didn't want to walk in there late, So muss pick, we don't have time for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll never know I guess we'll ask him about it on Monday. Dude, what was the deal? Were you doing?
Speaker 3: Zero chance?
Speaker 8: He remembers it, no, zero technology, whoops his ass. It was.
Speaker 7: It was funny just going along on a stroll. It's like on the peloton. I felt like, you know where there's you're walking.
Speaker 6: Where's he going? He's going upstairs. There's a lot of wooden columns and railings. Where's he going?
Speaker 3: Where's Musco is?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? And then he finally said a name. It just took him about nine hours.
Speaker 6: We got there. It did take a while. So Burns, McElroy, Kida, Yama, Day, Red Rose, and then Scheffler. So Sheffler tied for six, so you'll forget h he had he had a bad back.
Speaker 8: Nine missed the cut over he played well and then he had a he had a couple of and then in.
Speaker 7: The rear with the gear John Ram min wuly at six over.
Speaker 1: Yeah the toast. If you told me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll tie with John Ram, I'd be like, perfect, I'm in the mix for the win.
Speaker 6: Then nope, yeah, no, already again my guys three over as well.
Speaker 1: Already.
Speaker 6: This is why we have the ghost because it's like well it's I'm probably done. So now I just need Scheffler, who's three back and didn't play his best and he's only three backed for sixth eagle.
Speaker 1: And that was a good start. Yeah. But again that's the.
Speaker 7: Thing about these guys, it is you never get a long shot to win. Ever, it's always really the These are the best players and they know how to play this course.
Speaker 1: It's just the best.
Speaker 8: Well, I was reminded yesterday I'd forgotten about this that your guy Jordan Speith was like cruising to his second straight Masters when Danny Willett won it and he collapsed.
Speaker 7: I remember that he basically went tim Tim Cup on it. Yeah, he hasn't been the same sin Danny Willett had to have been a long shot, right, Oh of course.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I'm saying like, no, I know it is extremely right.
Speaker 1: I need a collapse, Yeah, you need an absolute collapse. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think it was one where he didn't listen to his caddy. Yeah, man, he has not been the same since. No, I think that would have been two Masters for him. Yeah, probably mentally, I think so. Twenty sixteen, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That Bowlier listened to his brain.
Speaker 2: Ear, what's that first episode of that bowling show where the guy and is yelling at his ball guy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's the best.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that bowlers had ball guys. But the man he was.
Speaker 1: What is it called not ball caddy balls? That ball jo? What is it called a ball ball? Yeah? I think that's right. What is this now?
Speaker 7: I've heard a few references on which HBO Dude.
Speaker 1: It's like hard Knocks, for it's hard knocks, but bowling. Yeah, is it filthy? Oh well, I mean, I mean.
Speaker 2: One guy can't help him, he.
Speaker 1: Loves it, calls everybody a d head. Is everybody can.
Speaker 3: Everybody's about my size.
Speaker 7: So this would be maybe I instead of on patrol lives. Maybe I watched that tonight when clothes and bad. I'm a single father this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like bowling, I love Well, then you're gonna like this.
Speaker 8: I can't do it anymore, but but you're going to learn again. The best part about it is is it basically validates the movie Kingpins, a great movie. It just it just looks like all the bowlers in the eighties and nineties were earned McCracken that they just wanted to party with chicks and get high and waste every dollar that they make bowling on booze and chicks.
Speaker 1: Big Urn. Yeah, this's just big Urn. Big Ern was legitimn.
Speaker 2: If one of them has a landlord with goal, yep, totally would that lady.
Speaker 7: The only person on this planet I know that would throw the boots to her is my father.
Speaker 1: He would not not even blake. Oh yeah, what are you really? Oh god?
Speaker 8: There was one that was way worse up at our land, that was living on our land, and was she human?
Speaker 7: There was some drama between my dad and her boyfriend. So my dad to teach him a lesson, poured the cols.
Speaker 3: Did did did he did he learn?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Looking good?
Speaker 1: Good? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My mom was pissed. Yeah it happened. Yeah what hawk you guys seen? You know ray j J? Right?
Speaker 6: Yes, ray J claims to have slept with over ten thousand gals time. How many of Ray's ten thousand plus if that number is even closed to accurate or even in the ballpark of the gall from Kingpin, because it can't be zero. You get to ten thousand and just have eight, nine and tens the whole way once all you tri right time, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel because you're like, well, I'm not Why would I say, no, pop in here?
Speaker 1: What do I care?
Speaker 7: Yeps on an airplane, lower the price and fill those seats.
Speaker 8: That's I don't know if he goes all the way to the bottom of the barrel and scoops up zeros and ones, but he's definitely collecting threes and fourst.
Speaker 1: What does he care.
Speaker 8: That's where you try new things well, flavors, baby spice.
Speaker 1: Life, Yep, that's where you get your practice in.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Think about that.
Speaker 6: Ten thousand plus and one of them is Kim Kardashian. How many started this entire empire?
Speaker 7: How many times has he had to go to the red door to get shot?
Speaker 1: It's not zero? Yeah, if he's definitely not zero place.
Speaker 6: Well, some people have to deal with their problems. I'm sure RAYJ does. Sauce doesn't.
Speaker 8: Nope, because I've gut her helmet from my friends at gutter helmet mn dot com.
Speaker 1: Never clean your gutters again.
Speaker 8: Don't waste a weekend cleaning your gutters when you can watch golf on TV.
Speaker 1: Lots to get to between. Now at nine o'clock, Raesil is here. Marnie Gellner later.
Speaker 6: Initials Game six twenty three at what at eight fifteen with one hundred thirteen thousand, five hundred dollars potentially up for grabs with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials Jackpop more of the Power Trip after this on the fan.
Speaker 2: R Everybody, don't look now, but your twins are on fire. You've cuted them out, Saucer. You saw me the opposite of a bill of goods?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did. Yeah, don't worry. Yeah, once they trade everybody, they'll fall apart four once they play a team that cares well. I mean, Detroit was supposed to win the division, weren't they. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Now they have the worst record with Seattle for the worst record in baseball.
Speaker 1: It's because they ran into the Twins for four games. It's still none of it matters. Non of it matters. Don't none of this matters. Union nihilism, not really really even that doesn't matter, doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: See, Yeah, they won three to one, four games sweep at the Detroit Tigers.
Speaker 1: That's all we do. All we do is winning this town.
Speaker 6: Unless you're the while that was that was a frustrating third period last night.
Speaker 1: We can talk about that later.
Speaker 6: But yeah, so we're we're all but headed to Dallas with them having home ice for a round one.
Speaker 1: But that's okay, we can do it. Yeah, who cares? We could beat them? Yeah, green jacket, gold jacket, Who gives a bleed? Who gives a bleep? I don't want those late starts, No, nope, especially on a Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Now, you guys got things to watch like this samey day with that big lead. Which author did he write down?
Speaker 3: Who was Voltaire?
Speaker 2: That is correct? What did you wager just eight hundred twenty seven dollars today bringing you to thirty three twenty seven three and now a twenty game winner with five hundred and seventy two thousand, six hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude's a freak. He's a monster man machine.
Speaker 6: Huh Yeah again, Ken Jennings won like seventy three or whatever it is. But you can if you watch Jeopardy often enough, and some of us do, you can tell after a game or two if somebody's different. And this guy pretty early I'm like, oh man, this guy's gonna be tough to beat. Didn't know if he was going to go on a historic run like this, but you knew he was going to be a multiple day champ straight and he The thing that I like about him too, by the way, is as a gambler, the general handler, he freaking goes for it when he has big leads. There was a there was a game probably I don't know, eight nine, ten games ago he was up by so much. He had like fifty something thousand and bet forty something k in final Jeopardy because he was so far ahead, he lost like ninety It was a ninety thousand dollars swing because he got it wrong. But he gambles. He's like, what do I care? I'm gonna win like forty more games, so I just keep going for it. Dude's a machine, Jamie Ding.
Speaker 1: Jamie Dan yep. And he looks like a smart person. He just is. Yes a lot. I believe he was a spelling bee kid growing up too. Well I was too.
Speaker 7: But when a lot of times it's muted m hm, and my wife goes, he looks like he a Jeopardy stud.
Speaker 1: He just has that look. He's a machine. I didn't think he was going to rattle off this many wins and we'll see, we'll see again. I just I mentioned it a couple of days ago. Imagine working your whole life.
Speaker 6: You're super smart, You're in the top you know, zero point two percent of people on the planet for intelligence, and you're like, hey, Jeopardy called, I get to play Jeopardy next week. And then he's your opponent. Yeah, you go, well I'm one and done. Yeah, this will be quick. When did they tape these?
Speaker 1: Are these? Where these?
Speaker 7: Is it like the wheel where they do two or three sets of tapings per year?
Speaker 1: For I know they take ahead of time, but I don't know how far ahead of time. It is not sure.
Speaker 7: And I suppose they have to sign NDA's but sure because someone has to. I wonder was it a week ago? Because then when does this streak end?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He's going to be tough to be Yeah, man, good for him.
Speaker 8: It's one thing that there's been times where I feel like I could have won a game or two of Jeopardy.
Speaker 1: We're just the question.
Speaker 7: Or the answers matched things I knew to know to be able to have the set of knowledge that allows you to win twenty games?
Speaker 1: Is you're insane? Yeah? Again, I watch it all the time.
Speaker 6: I definitely have categories that are just complete blind spots that I'm like, I have no chance.
Speaker 1: I don't even know one thing, let alone five things in this category. He doesn't seem to have any blind spots.
Speaker 8: Eleventh century. Yeah, he knows it. Europe, Yep, he knows it. That's incredible. Yeah, it'd be great to be that smart. It wouldn't. Yeah, it would, It really would, And it opened a lot of doors for you if you were that intelligent.
Speaker 6: Would you rather be like twenty percent smarter, twenty percent more athletic, or twenty percent better looking?
Speaker 1: Good question to night at ten?
Speaker 6: Yeah, can I answer for you. I think at this point in our lives all of us would take intelligence one hundred percent. When you're younger, the answer might be different. Right now, I'd say, oh, give me twenty percent smarter and a heartbeat. What do I care if I'm athletic? What do I care if I'm better?
Speaker 8: What is twenty percent more athletic look like? When you have no feet? Yeah, well played, My upper body would be twenty percent of jack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just up top. You know.
Speaker 6: If you're twenty one years old, I might take twenty percent better looking. I definitely wouldn't have taken more intelligent at twenty years old, I wouldn't have cared. No, no, it's what do I care about it. I'm not going to be hooping, man, No, right, who even calls it hooping? You're still hoop your neighbors. Uh No, we haven't played in a long time, bro, getting older, man, See, we just want to be intelligent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't need to be hooping and whatnot.
Speaker 8: Yeah, though, it is fun to meet your neighbors like jungle Boy and Chumbawamba and Scotch what.
Speaker 6: Was it Chumbawamba and who lips and lips? So lipstick and jungle Boy has transformed into Chumbawamba and lips. Yeah, so lipstick is not lips. Lipstick is now Chumbawamba, and jungle Boy is now lips.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think I'm a little better.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, good for you.
Speaker 6: Right, it's gonna get confusing if the call themselves lipstick and lips.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh that's a that's why I changed it. Yeah yeah, all right, we'll come back.
Speaker 8: We'll do front page Sports. We will talk about that good next time. The wild game.
Speaker 1: Some sports Master's leaderboard.
Speaker 6: Marty will be hearing a little over an hour criesol the whole way with us today, A bonus criesol all the way to the end.
Speaker 1: This is the powers want to join the fan? Oh hell yeah?
Speaker 3: What am I having the burning desire? The powers of the mornings?
Speaker 2: Joe Johnny John John Friesel, Yo, what up baby?
Speaker 1: Happy Friday?
Speaker 2: What you're doing in the sunshine this weekend? I guess the rain this weekend, but the eighty degree on Sunday.
Speaker 8: From what I'm hearing, Masters, it will probably be Masters in the gazebo.
Speaker 1: I ordered the.
Speaker 8: I ordered the hosting kits, so I got the Azalea kit yesterday.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? What is a hosting kid?
Speaker 7: So it has some of the food that is from the Masters, So like the Memento cheese sandwhich is the bag salad which I don't need, but it comes with it. And then the barbecue, the barbecue beef and.
Speaker 1: This is from the Masters. Jels they ship out. It's no kidding. Yeah, that's sweet for you and Chloe, well for you and Tim Nelson.
Speaker 7: No, no, Tim's had it out of town and go golfing with his dad.
Speaker 1: So no, that's right.
Speaker 7: In laws and some friends and their kids are coming over on Sunday.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great, sauce. Why don't you go over there? You're welcome to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well he's gonna be a Tommy's house.
Speaker 1: What a kiss? Yeah that was the test.
Speaker 6: So you'll go to Kriesel's house but not Tommy's to watch the Masters.
Speaker 1: My place is low key.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the and the situation room will have all the holes, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd rather watch it at home.
Speaker 8: And I'd like John is invited to be over to watch football in his house because he knows I'll sit there and watch it.
Speaker 1: I stay at my house. It's more fun that way, and I love Jo.
Speaker 3: I'm going to use Marty's pool. There be home.
Speaker 1: Where are they going to be.
Speaker 3: If they're ticket to in their big toilet in the backyard.
Speaker 1: That's hot, had a compost toilet. That's where.
Speaker 6: We talked about that in a while, but it's been winter. Can't wait for that discussion, Nick.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm still been using that she's gonna have a real problem when she finds.
Speaker 1: Freezing all the time. That thing's gonna though.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's gonna be great. There's gonna be anyone laid cable in it yet. Oh I'm sure. Oh, I mean, look, I mean you know, Marty's very regular.
Speaker 7: See, that's something my friends would do. If I had that, there would be just a long from hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just left it beside the pool.
Speaker 8: You're like this, I know this is timize. Looks like Paul Bunds left it there. That's exactly what it is. Time now for front paid Sports presented by Holiday Station.
Speaker 1: Store Station Stores.
Speaker 8: For a limited time, you can get Monster Energy three for eight dollars, including these ones, these zero ultras.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm currently drinking. I got this a holiday you know, you can get to three for eight bucks mix. Imagine they flavors you want.
Speaker 2: Tweet out this Monster Energy drink challenge that we did. Do you think you could identify the Monster Energy by the by their taste off and a blind taste does?
Speaker 1: I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I was terrible.
Speaker 7: How many flavors are different? Yeah, you're talking about this type right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just had five that they chose, and they put them so I couldn't see them and have me drink out of them and try to you know, isn't possible. I thought I thought it'd be easy because they were different. Like Strawberry, and and I couldn't do it, couldn't do it. It's weird, man. And then as soon as they tell me what they were, I'm like, oh, yeah, of course that's strawberry. It's harder than you think.
Speaker 1: I don't yeah, I don't think I would do great at that, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: The Wild did lose to the Dallas Stars, five to four.
Speaker 6: The Wild lead four to three going into the third. We'll talk about that in a second. Carilla scored twice goals forty four and forty five on the year. Hughes with an awesome goal early that was his seventh of the season. Hartman had his twenty third good damn Chad. But Jason Robertson the game winner midway through the third. Jake Ottinger with a twenty seven saves, Gus bust not a great game, fifteen saves, twenty shots face. So again, this is the playoff preview. We already were locked in. We know we're going to play them, but home ice was still up for grabs, and it technically still is. But now it's big, big trouble because both teams have three games to go, and the Dallas Stars are.
Speaker 1: Four points up on the Wild.
Speaker 6: For home ice, so almost everything has to go to the Wild's way the rest of the way.
Speaker 1: Back to the old leading going into the third.
Speaker 6: I didn't know we were this dominant going into the third over the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: But check this out.
Speaker 6: That was the first regulation loss since March of twenty twenty four. That's two years ago. I'm leading going into the third. They've lost four in overtime, but since March of twenty four, they were sixty one, zero and four when leading going into the third, and then they lost in regulation last night.
Speaker 8: And of course it had to be last night when we win. Yeah, yeah, very Minnesota sports.
Speaker 6: I had no idea when you had a third period lead if you're the Wild. It was just that shutdown, like, yeah, we're winning, it's over. That's crazy. So at at Nashville Saturday, at Saint Louis Monday, and then home against Anaheim Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Rest up, those are the final three.
Speaker 6: Dallas has the Rangers in Dallas on Saturday, at Toronto Monday at Buffalo and Jason Zucker on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Rest up. So super scored about it.
Speaker 9: In fact, I think that's the blessing in disguise. Honestly, the rest might be well, I mean we saw it yesterday. I mean they they didn't. They were the better team for much of the game. They made a couple of very isolated, boneheaded decisions. There's analytics that say, basically the expected goals for Dallas was one point eight five and so they should have scored about two.
Speaker 1: We gave.
Speaker 9: We made some really really dumb decisions. Otherwise we probably win that game anyway.
Speaker 1: On the road.
Speaker 9: It doesn't seem to face this team the home a road, it's the same thing. So I'd much rather take the rest and uh, the opportunity to just kind of get healthy as opposed to you know, running this this this race for you know a little bit a slight advantage. I think the bigger advantage is just that's cruise to h to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Here sounds good. I would take your award for it. You don't seem so convinced, No, I mean it, truly. That was a that was a huge game last night.
Speaker 8: Alice was out without two of their studs and who.
Speaker 1: Were they.
Speaker 2: Jason Kelce.
Speaker 1: Oh, and yeah, I hate to be in Augusta.
Speaker 7: He's the only place he No, it's just it was a situation to Zax point the kind of the flip side of it. They made a bunch of boneheaded They far outplayed Dallas it felt like that too, and found a way to lose in a very big spot.
Speaker 9: Now, I don't think it was as big of a spot I think even they would admit to.
Speaker 1: I mean it was.
Speaker 9: It was a big game, for sure, and I think they they wanted to win just to beat them, because I think clearly those teams do not like each other. But I don't think home Ice is as big of a deal other than Game seven, of course, which that's why you'd want it. But I mean it's I see where you're saying too, and I get that some people like, oh, you're being an apologist, and I just think that I was very encouraged by those good stretches. Matt is a superstar, right, Yeah, he is playing fast hockey.
Speaker 8: So that passed that off was so beautiful. Yeah, and it started.
Speaker 9: That whole play started because he forced a turnover that he shouldn't have even had the puck and he comes away with it, and O man, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: It's gonna I cannot wait for the series. Though.
Speaker 7: The the hatred between these two teams is awesome. I mean my wife last name. He's like, I haven't seen this much spice in the game for a while.
Speaker 1: So let's go. Let's fast forward. What's the beat? Yeah a beach. Wow, that guy's mad. I haven't heard that button in a while, mister son of the beat.
Speaker 3: Mister son of the beach.
Speaker 10: Yeah, paid, that paid me and his money.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't know who was talking there. Yeah, it was a great impression than it was Chris and John Melcom like back and forth.
Speaker 6: There's a whole bunch of clips of like Matt Damon saying the first time you hear Malkovich do Teddy KGB's voice, he was like, what's.
Speaker 1: Going on now? Is this what we're going with?
Speaker 8: Real?
Speaker 1: But he's such a good actor it didn't matter.
Speaker 6: And then obviously now it's like for a lot of us, it's iconic.
Speaker 1: It's just the best man.
Speaker 8: It's like, let's play some cons It sounds CARTOONI yeah, it's very cartoonish.
Speaker 1: Heah, especially the oreo bit.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it kind of sounds like he's got an oreo in his mouth when he talks.
Speaker 10: Yeah, paid, that's me and his money.
Speaker 1: Great film and the man just can't lay down aces.
Speaker 3: If you heard somebody talk like that and he's like, I'm going to use that voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I'm right.
Speaker 3: And then he started kissing people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, just just use their voice. In that movie.
Speaker 6: I feel like Teddy KGB was asexual. He seems like he just wants to take.
Speaker 3: A sexual pervert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think he was.
Speaker 6: I don't think he cares about anything. He just wants to play cards and eat oreos. It's terrible, and who doesn't. Yeah, you're real close. I mean I love oreos, but switch oreos to chicken fingers and that's me.
Speaker 3: Throw in some boobs and I'm I'm good with that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't. The son of a beach poker in sex go hand in hand. That is a good point.
Speaker 9: Or why didn't he like he could have like some ladies just kind of walking around the little a.
Speaker 1: Lot of big Russian dudes.
Speaker 6: That's what Grandma was doing, not my grandmother and not Sauces. Grandmother's the character in Rounders. Grandma had the ladies. Teddy kg be didn't seem to care.
Speaker 3: Did they throw it from a train.
Speaker 8: No, No, that's although they were going to throw a worm from a train. Yeah, they should have thrown worm from a train. Well, he was dealing off the bottom of a bad friend.
Speaker 1: Caught a hangar.
Speaker 2: Each bitch of the beach.
Speaker 1: The beach just pretty good chicken. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 8: Really was between Teddy kg B and tattoo.
Speaker 6: A beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they tattooed. Preussion is a plus though.
Speaker 2: I love that he's calling him the son of a beach, but he's also very respectful.
Speaker 3: And it did money. But I think he was a lady.
Speaker 1: That's mister to you.
Speaker 3: You call him doctor Joe, son.
Speaker 1: Of a bitch m D. Saw.
Speaker 6: So if you're gonna learn anything from the movie Rounders, and I learned almost everything from the movie Rounders, it's definitely this.
Speaker 1: If you can't.
Speaker 6: Spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the soccer.
Speaker 1: That is a correct That's that's just good exactly. If you don't know who the sucker is, that't you.
Speaker 9: I will tell you, mostly me, but I have never spotted a sucker in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, that lady ever looks like a candidates looks like a carp Hi, Grandma.
Speaker 3: I'll give you right home, but not not to my home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's play some cord.
Speaker 9: Yeah, miss the son of a bitch, missus pay that woman her money?
Speaker 1: Yeah to take venmo, Are you a cop? I don't want to watch unders ladies. Your MIC's on it and that didn't need to be said. Everybody knows, how dare you?
Speaker 2: It's all just a comedy, didn't here, I'm doing comedy in this joint.
Speaker 1: Send that segment to Angel Mark Cody. Yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 3: Play the Mamba.
Speaker 8: Oh, let's do what really matters after this, scores and stats around the world of sports, and then Chrys will change your life with something else more interesting after this.
Speaker 1: On the fan na heavy guitar tune and load turn out. I agree, Thanks.
Speaker 2: Tom saying let's rock out again.
Speaker 3: Makes somewhere so I see it.
Speaker 9: Upgrade your bag without spending a dime. Enter to win a callaway Quantum driver by heading to our contest page now thanks to grand View, That's Camfe and dot Com. Heword contest to enter today.
Speaker 2: Quantum.
Speaker 1: It's a good word.
Speaker 2: I'm the back.
Speaker 1: Great song.
Speaker 2: Thanks man. You know what I was thinking as I was going to break and I played this before the break.
Speaker 3: No, not this one was this one? This one, man anyway one of the songs. It's this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I make this weird noise at the beginning of the song. Admittedly, this was over thirty years ago that I recorded this song. I have no idea why I decided to make that noise like nobody made me die. I decided I was gonna like that. I don't know why I decided that was a good idea.
Speaker 1: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: I guess it. What Maybe that was it?
Speaker 1: Wait? Where is it?
Speaker 3: It's the wrong one.
Speaker 1: It's this one.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. That's what I'm saying. I don't remember being in the studiogun you know what is missing?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: Con me's making the sound of a raven quoting never more, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Where is it? Did it already coming up right here?
Speaker 11: And he's gotta do this so extended sweet jam and then the drums got a hit real hard right here, and I recorded did vocals in the same studio the fluid mag recorded rumors.
Speaker 2: That's what was missing from the song.
Speaker 1: That was It wasn't a bird that was that was good.
Speaker 2: I like it this you Kelly, oh yeah, and.
Speaker 8: Don't forget there's a very high likelihood this is on the playlist tomorrow at Tommy's master's party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna cry when I walk in.
Speaker 8: Yeah something we're going to interrupt him in small yeah, correct, in the kitty, in the kiddie pool, then the city the.
Speaker 1: Katie Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So there was this and then never going back again in the same studio.
Speaker 3: Yea, that's right.
Speaker 1: What a cool story.
Speaker 6: And Stevie Nick says, we recorded rumors the same place that recorded the Distance.
Speaker 3: I would guess at least once a month, does it?
Speaker 7: Is there artwork in there too? It was a homage to it, saying this was recorded.
Speaker 3: Here right right there.
Speaker 2: There were there were things as you walked into the the waiting room, and there were it was a a great staff that took care of you.
Speaker 8: I mean you.
Speaker 2: I can't believe. I don't know how we managed to afford it. We only did the vocals there. The rest of the music we recorded elsewhere, but we did the vocals there in that studio, and I can't believe afford it.
Speaker 7: What's the other place you recorded at in Minnesota that was historic.
Speaker 2: The Hingham, which they're doing great business out there. One of the the they're really making a push to get people to come out there recording. And it's again the place they recorded uh Nirvana's uh third this is the third record, yeah in Utero. Yeah, they recorded out there, the Throwing Copper from Live it was recorded out there.
Speaker 8: Great, and it's like in the it's in the wilderness, right yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's surrounded as a crick and you can walk around and there's a and when you when you record there, you runt the studio, but you get the house with us, so you can stay in the house all weekend long.
Speaker 3: And it's it's beautiful.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: If you're if you're thinking about recording somewhere and you want to you want an atmosphere, go out there, man, It's it's awesome. It's awesome.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: I love it because that that type of environment I feel like would would lend more to creativity right where there's no distractions.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And you can stay in the bedroom that Kurt slept in with, you know, with Cordy and Francis Bean. You know, it's it's the craziest thing. It's the craziest thing you can throw. I did all by myself. I swim naked in the swimming pool as an indoor swimming pool, and uh, there was there's a rumor that they're they're Uh, there was some shenanigans that went on in the pool. So I was in there by myself. I took off my clothes and have swimsuit. I went naked swimming there and then Zach got me high, then thatch.
Speaker 9: And then we watched how I'll destroy their legs and balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah we did. Yeah, homage to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: We said, maybe the only UFC fight in the history of the UFC fights where two different fighters broke their legs at the table, the.
Speaker 8: Two different fights those videos are, and then where they go to stand on it and it's pointing the other.
Speaker 3: It's the worst. It's the worst. And I was so high.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I kid you not. I've said this before on the I played the audio the air. I thought I was going to die because I couldn't stop laughing. I couldn't stop. I couldn't stop.
Speaker 7: That's the perfect level is where you're laughing instead of like where you you're on Artemis too, but you're in the communications back out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, No, I honestly was like, guys, no, you don't understand. I haven't taken a breath in twenty minutes. I can't stop laughing.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: And then Zach gave you mouth to mouth. Yeah, he saved them even though you were sitting up his mouth.
Speaker 6: Oh hey, speaking of Artemists too, today's today, right, they're back today.
Speaker 3: Right, splash landing, flashed down.
Speaker 1: The night was sweet, so awesome, just super cool.
Speaker 3: Was reading them good for the top of it?
Speaker 1: They made? Was it again?
Speaker 6: Captain Jacoby Shaddocks of the USS Papa Roach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think I told him that you did that to him? And I say you because I wasn't involved.
Speaker 8: In Yeah, he thought that was the cap when you said something about his life is in pieces and he goes, this is his last resort.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to look into that.
Speaker 3: He did say.
Speaker 2: He did say that the crew of the Artemist two lunar mission are on their way home. The Orion spacecraft carrying the four astronauts will splash down the Pacific tonight off the coast of California. The USS John P. Murtha will recover the crew at about five oh seven PM specific time, so seven or.
Speaker 3: Seven our time near San Diago.
Speaker 1: Again, I I it's incredible.
Speaker 2: Everything they're doing is heroic. Thing they do is incredible. I can't imagine having the nuts to do that. And I say that you know what I mean, he gots the But the scariest thing for me would have to be falling to Earth. Yes, yeah, I know the parishes come out, but until then you're literally free falling.
Speaker 3: The You might see John Denver.
Speaker 2: I mentioned both of them.
Speaker 1: See both of them. They might be the ones who greet you.
Speaker 8: Watching that launch with Clove was so awesome and then she was like, I wonder how scary it was.
Speaker 1: And I told her.
Speaker 7: I was like, do you remember when we were at Epcot a couple of weeks ago and we went on I think it's called Mission Space where it makes you feel.
Speaker 8: Like you're being really launched. Yeah, it gives you the g force. It's awesome.
Speaker 7: So it's a it's a screen like you're in a video game, but it gives you the feeling like launch. And proud of her because she's not being into like scary rides and that she looks at me. She goes, I don't like this, and I said, just hang in there. It's not gonna it lasts very long, so you'll be fine. And so then I at least got to say you experienced somewhat what that's like? Sure, and she's like, yeah, I don't want to be an astronaut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 9: Did you guys do the scarier side or like the more easier said the scary side?
Speaker 1: Oh my yeah, okay, I didn't even do that.
Speaker 8: It was it was fine. Missus Kay did not like it. She's a motionsick type person. They gave me barf bags in there too. Really yeah, Clo did great though, really proud of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't really explained what it was. I just said it makes you feel like you're in a ship. She was like, oh cool, cool, and oh yeah man, she looks and just goes, I don't like this saying and there we'll be back to Earth soon.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget taken Alex to U Universal in California and taking him on the Jaws ride, and he was happy and excited to do it. He's a little older, no, probably not the SAME's clothes age, but he had no idea that damn shark was gonna jump out of the water. It scared him so bad. I felt sold. They shoot at it though, and that scared the living crap out of it.
Speaker 1: Man. Oh buddy, poor guy. Yeah said that they got rid of that.
Speaker 2: Did they really?
Speaker 7: Apparently? Someone told me that. I no idea devastating. It was fun.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see that core? Yeah, that some bitch comes out the water. I mean you're like, sot up a bitch, take the child.
Speaker 8: And then you go into that left, you go into that shad that shakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, what a movie.
Speaker 1: I still I know.
Speaker 8: You should have should have gone to the theater the anniversary last year.
Speaker 7: There was a short window at Alamo and I was out of town, so you.
Speaker 3: Got to see it again.
Speaker 2: Brother, I guess put it back in theaters once while anniversary avengure.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's a plus. Yeah. Ready, that's what it really matters.
Speaker 6: Matters scores and stats around the world of sports, and it's brought to you by Ovo Lasi and Lens, doctor Mark loman Off, and doctor David Whiting ovo I dot Com.
Speaker 1: Thanks O.
Speaker 6: The Minnesota Twins won three to one over the Detroit Tigers. They have won four straight games, all against Detroit. They're now seven and six. This team started one and four laughed his he did ass off coming around. They are six and two since then, and yesterday they got a home run from Bell that was his third of the season, and an age yep and then a two run single in.
Speaker 1: The eighth from Lee and that was all they needed the same.
Speaker 3: Belize those two are great.
Speaker 1: They are good.
Speaker 6: Twins are at Toronto for three this weekend. S w R for the Twins tonight in Toronto at six o seven.
Speaker 2: Isn't that when you whispered people?
Speaker 1: That's as Mr Oh? He pitches to.
Speaker 8: Have you watched like uh Ai Corn.
Speaker 1: He's super into Ai porn.
Speaker 2: By the way, Well listen, I love to watch demons get it on, and I don't.
Speaker 1: That's your thing now, it's a thing demons with just huge rocks.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, they need to be taught a lesson.
Speaker 3: And a normal amount in never mind.
Speaker 1: But what really matters is this, oh got it, got it.
Speaker 2: In the year nineteen seventy seven, two American boys cheated an ice cream chain offering free Sundays on birthdays by making up a boy. In nineteen eighty four, they received a reminder for the fake boy to register for the draft, which exposed that the government used the chain's mailing list without permission. So again, I'm gonna say this again. These two kids made up somebody so that they could get free ice cream on his.
Speaker 1: Birthday just one time.
Speaker 3: I guess they did it more than one time. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But then that was in seventy seven. In nineteen eighty four, they got noticed that young man had been registered for the draft, which exposed that that ice cream chain had been selling their mailing list to the government without permission. That's pretty funny, creasy.
Speaker 1: That is greasy.
Speaker 2: By the way, it wasn't a joke yesterday, Right, they're gonna have kids register for the draft again.
Speaker 1: We you still have to You've had to register forever.
Speaker 3: Like what So what changed yesterday?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: No news? Do you have my idea? You see, I'm trying to understand. I read the story and I still didn't understand what the difference was.
Speaker 7: No, because we've had I was in the military by joined on my seventeenth birthday.
Speaker 1: I still had a register recollective. Yeah did you guys?
Speaker 3: Did you Corey? Do you remember having to register?
Speaker 1: Zero memory that I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, I don't understand.
Speaker 9: The proposal would implement uh uh, let's see here, automatic registration for every mail of the United States.
Speaker 7: So you don't have to send in the postcard. Yeah, so that's fine. Remember even doing that.
Speaker 3: I don't know it does.
Speaker 7: I don't know, and it freaks everybody out. It's still gonna it's always going to be a.
Speaker 9: Every mail by the way, between the ages of eighteen and twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the ro zone, which if you haven't been registering, you need to do it.
Speaker 1: It's the law. You're not going to get.
Speaker 3: Draft does the law? It has been the law for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, see, I didn't know if it was still a thing. I just remember.
Speaker 2: I don't remember ever getting any notice from anybody saying, hey, you've got to make sure you're signing registers for the draft.
Speaker 3: I don't remember anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 7: The only ones that don't are members of the Armed Forces, on active duty, students and officer procurement programs at the Citadel you d d oh and then continually confined to a residence, hospital or institution.
Speaker 1: You do not if you're that disabled.
Speaker 3: So sure, hope it never has to be used.
Speaker 8: I don't think they're calling me back up not see my turn of yours. You did the draft bit ice cream bit? Yeah, mah, Frozen four. Let's talk other ice hockey, not Minnesota. While for a second Denver beat Michigan four to three in double overtime, and the drunken Skani's beat North Dakota two to one. So the championship of the Frozen four tomorrow at four point thirty oh in Las Vegas? Oh man, why are we not there covering this Frozen four?
Speaker 1: What are we doing?
Speaker 9: Shocking? They're getting wonderful reviews down there. Everybody's having a great time. Oh no, yeah, I think crazy.
Speaker 2: They have my good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 9: North Dakota fans and Wisconsin fans with twenty four hour booze.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have they run out yet?
Speaker 2: Is there an issue that Budweiser had to send out the Clydes.
Speaker 1: Vegas half wine. Yeah they do. Actually they did this. That's spear.
Speaker 9: At the show on Saturday night, the guy in front of was drinking a summer sandy.
Speaker 1: What now you're talking that good wear?
Speaker 2: I guess I don't know. I'm not much of a beer guy. That's a good beer. Is a good beer?
Speaker 1: Yeah? In small amount? Yeah, but it's still good. Two or three of those are very good.
Speaker 2: Do you know what else I'm find very odd?
Speaker 1: What I don't like?
Speaker 2: I said, I'm not much of a beer drinker. I like drinking summer shandy on a hot summer day. But I love drinking when I'm eating Mexican food, like a dose ech is something about Mexican food and a Mexican beer.
Speaker 3: It just works for me.
Speaker 1: Or a pacificanding yeah. Yeah. And then hookers, no, no, just out stop yeah. One of the weirdest, weirdest things ever in Vegas.
Speaker 7: I ate at a steakhouse many years ago at Treasure Island, and the and the waiter for some reason was it was my legs.
Speaker 1: He was like, I see her and I had jeans on. He's like, you got a limp to here?
Speaker 7: He said, I just recovered from an injury, and people love to tell me about their injuries.
Speaker 1: Sure. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And what this guy he liked going to Tijuana for his hookers because he said he likes a certain oniony.
Speaker 3: Smell that they have, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Order wow. Yeah. And then he was cross the street and got hit by a car. Wow.
Speaker 3: And I was like, and he was like, what happened?
Speaker 8: To you.
Speaker 7: I was like, I was in a bomb blast in Iraq And he was like, awesome, what do you guys make a decision on entrees or what?
Speaker 1: Wow? Oniony hookers?
Speaker 6: Anyone anyone else you know that's in that? Hey, Zach, if that's not the title of the podcast, you're fired. Yeah, that's Tay called oniony hookers. How do you even spell that?
Speaker 1: Oniony? I mean, that's not even a thing? Would that be the why? Or I gotta the why? But who knows it's a thing? Oh God, all right?
Speaker 3: I turned back like a Vietnam veteran.
Speaker 1: You increase both what really matters?
Speaker 2: I can't get you anything. I can't over the bathroom. I gotta relax.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take a shower. I gotta I gotta reinvaluate my life.
Speaker 1: I gotta Yeah, you definitely need to get the oniony smell. And the guys with me don't have the same sense as humor I do, so they were like, jeesuz, what and I was laughing.
Speaker 6: Look, I've never been a waiter, but I can't imagine telling your Tijuana.
Speaker 1: Hooker stories is gonna get you a lot of money. And this nice steakhout nice issues. I mean, I guess unless you're reading the room, unless you guys are just that group where they're like, this is a group I can talk about. He needed to get that office chair.
Speaker 6: They're gonna maybe he just made it up. They're gonna love this bit. They're gonna tip me more because they're gonna love this story. I'll tell him I hooked up with an oniony hooker and then I got hit by a car in Tijana.
Speaker 1: They're gonna give me like a forty percent. Did it work? I always tip well, sure, yeah, so I'm sure. Yeah, I shouldn't.
Speaker 7: That was my chance to say I was driving in a Humby to go to and I acky hooker and we hit a bomb. You'd be like you and I are the same, my brother. Yeah, and then stood up and shook his hand and then yes, yeah, or I should have ordered like extra onions with everything this. I'm just gonna Bathe bathed in it and just said.
Speaker 3: Kiss me, kiss Steve, And I am grossed out at this moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not true. You're taking notes more of what really matters after this.
Speaker 8: Marty Gilder in like thirty ish minutes Kriesel's sticking around and playing initials.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 8: If you get a shout at one hundred and thirteen thousand, five hundred dollars a day with the same Paul Federal quitdit union initial jackpot, think about that one hundred and thirteen thousand, five hundred dollars. You have a fun just it's gonna go off. It's happened twice, It's just taken forever.
Speaker 1: But man, somebody's gonna have a life changer at some point.
Speaker 6: Maybe today we'll find out more of the powers to Morning to After this on the fan, Wow, I see no other way around.
Speaker 9: The radio Home of Minnesota Sports is also on YouTube. Check out the KFA and YouTube channel for exclusive videos and depth takes, initials and password games in behind the scenes content church KFE and on YouTube and hit subscribe today.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 2: All right, so it's got me off, fired out, but what I don't want to say it on erics but anyway, Yeah, Hey, it's time.
Speaker 1: For what really matters, what really matters?
Speaker 6: The Masters Round two today. Sam Burns and Rory McElroy, you're early leaders. They are both at five under. Then there's three guys at three under and then Scotti, Scheffler and others are two under so Scheffler is lurking, but defending champion. Rory McElroy Tiede for the lead Rosie's guy. He really did want him to, and then he was seriously considered taking Sam Burns. He wanted Jason Day as well, he did, and Patrick Reid and Justin Rose. Those are basically all of his guys he want. Yeah, yeah, well, good for Rosie. I don't know why you do this, Yeah, I am. I can't help him.
Speaker 1: What really matters though, is.
Speaker 3: This hm.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: I don't understand this. I need to look it up, but it's here that ice is defined as a rock, like a rock.
Speaker 1: Great song.
Speaker 2: It is a great song. Bob seekers a pimp. Yeah, it's glacial. Ice is considered a metamorphic rock.
Speaker 1: Did you know that? No? I don't know what makes is it because it's compact.
Speaker 3: Perhaps, and and maybe the way it's formed because from the pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you ever take geology?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: I think the highest I got was what's like chemistry? And I basically there was like the scow and this class that sat next to me, and she would let me copy off of her. But I wouldn't do any of the like the work part, but i'd have the answer.
Speaker 3: Was there a waft of onions?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, there is a very nice lady. Yeah, she did not smell like onions.
Speaker 7: Just think he got ran over whilst having an erection whil they wouldn't.
Speaker 8: The road.
Speaker 1: So this was before Yeah, man was on his way to the hooker. Poor guy, sauce.
Speaker 6: Let's see how you do well. You took chemistry. I give you the chemical symbol. See if you can name the elements.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I'm okay at this. These are going to be tough ones. I'll start as nope, I'm going to start as easy as possible. What's h Hydrogen? What is c uh is? Say it calcium?
Speaker 8: Oh boy, we're off to a rough stelle Bault right, No, okay, sorry, mister science.
Speaker 1: That's as easy as is the easiest. It's essentially the easiest.
Speaker 8: About Oh is oxygen and nitrogen? C L c L is calcium, c l c L is chloride chloroform. I mean you're close chlorox ox calcium. I said that the thing that he can't find that he don't think exists little man in the boat, right, that guy I don't know.
Speaker 1: You said chloride, which is very close chloride chlorine? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah? What about k k Is Potassi? Look at you? See now we're talking.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Uh what about au gold? See here we go, we're heating up. What are other easy ish ones? Some of these get pretty tough pretty quickly. What about n E.
Speaker 3: Any import.
Speaker 1: Neutrons?
Speaker 3: Neutron?
Speaker 1: That song God is such a good song.
Speaker 2: We're just busy doing. We need to stop doing cocaine.
Speaker 3: We can stop doing I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: There was a jazzer size tape my mom had.
Speaker 8: Were they It was like a whole routine to the new Ties.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: He was sweating watching that video because you know he was just yanking and just skanking.
Speaker 1: Trying to tear the thing on.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Leave that thing alone and let me do my video.
Speaker 1: I know what PB is.
Speaker 3: God, you're just like your dad.
Speaker 1: You love peanut butter. It's lead. Uh and he was neon? What about h E helium? Genius?
Speaker 3: You're a genius?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: What about just a couple more here? What are the other ones that I think you're going to actually get PBS led? You got that one.
Speaker 3: Uh no, no caholic?
Speaker 1: Oh sure, try n a? Is that so? Dem see you copied off of the right paper? Mm god, I want to go to a bath house. My god. Brilliant they played, They played the Neutron d A wrestling last one A l Is it aluminum? Yep? And how would Andy say it?
Speaker 3: I love this is my favorite.
Speaker 1: Illumine? What he say? I don't know?
Speaker 3: Aluminium?
Speaker 1: The Brits are not the best. That's a great way to say. Why laugh?
Speaker 6: There's this is why we left Brilliant because they pronounced aluminum incorrectly.
Speaker 8: English lady that does a cooking show and she calls the microwave the micro wabb There no the micro wabby. She much fanom Yeah, she says, I have to soften this butter in the micro wabby. She's dead serious. Can we listen to the new tron Dance?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Watch the break?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and I will. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 3: I love this luminium? Great.
Speaker 6: It'd be a good alias right when you're like, if you're checking into hotels and you want to stay incognito.
Speaker 1: First name nol Umnium, Yeah, last name swearing gins Oh man, I never watched that whole series. I just saw a little bit of US Season one.
Speaker 2: That's a real dude, right, he might not know that, Yeah, this real person. Hey, could you guys picture in your head what a safety pin is?
Speaker 1: Of course cool?
Speaker 2: On what day?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, on what year?
Speaker 9: In what year?
Speaker 2: On this day? Do you think a safety pin was invented and patented the same thing you get my patent? How long has there been a safety pin?
Speaker 1: Eighteen ninety seven, Yeah, eighteen eighty five.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to do inside the mind of Chris, because I would have guessed eighteen hundreds as well, But you're saying it like it's more recent something we think, based on the way that you asked that.
Speaker 1: It'd be tough for a blacksmith to make. I want to go eighteen sixty nine. See, I think it's that's That's what I would have guessed.
Speaker 6: But now I'm going to go later, just because because it's I'm going to say nineteen fifteen.
Speaker 2: Eighteen forty nine, Okay, it was actually eighteen forty a lot earlier than I thought it was going to be. To be asked for eighteen forty.
Speaker 6: Nine, I would have been in the zach Range in the sixties or seventies, But all right, you'd love to be that's no great, that's ninety two point seven. Those are what's the score or the plus?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ninety two to five?
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the plus.
Speaker 1: Size your Google search? I'm like, brother bbw, Oh yeah, he's fine with it. Way hock. If you want to go in the other direction, there is probably a bathhouse for that.
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Let's go?
Speaker 3: I'm filthy?
Speaker 1: You want to brestl?
Speaker 3: Are we all wrestling your fellows?
Speaker 8: Oh? No, no, no?
Speaker 1: What are you doing with your tel?
Speaker 3: I tapped out?
Speaker 1: Guys? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I already said you won.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 8: The Colorado Avalanche won the President's Trophy for the NHL's best record.
Speaker 1: They officially locked it up.
Speaker 6: They won three to one last night over the Flame, so they will be the number one overall seed.
Speaker 1: In the postseason. Yeah, good for them. That's a good team. Can we please make it out of the first round? Please? To man, it's gonna be tough. It's gonna be tough. We'll see what really matters though?
Speaker 4: Is this.
Speaker 2: Just what's what's your gut telling you? Do we make it out of the first round? Like if you had to put money on it, which way would you go with your heart but with your head.
Speaker 8: I would say no. Then that's saying fifty to fifty. The problem is if we do, we get the team you just mentioned in the second round. So it's like, I don't know, NHL can't Can we take it out of their own.
Speaker 3: Like they're gonna do with the Wolves. Can we go in a less hard like region.
Speaker 1: Can they play the Lakers?
Speaker 6: It is disheartening if you if you could argue this is the best Wolves team ever, right, because it's essentially the same no Wolves you could essentially say in the last couple of years, Right, this core is the best Wolves team.
Speaker 1: We've ever had.
Speaker 6: They manage to the Western Conference, but it's pretty good, right, And this is essentially the same team with Io.
Speaker 1: So this might be the best Wolves team we've ever had.
Speaker 6: And they have Murderer's Row of Denver, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City in front of them. This is easily the best wild team we've ever had. Yes, and they are going to run into Dallas and then Colorado. So you could have two first round exits for the two best teams we've ever had.
Speaker 1: But at least sums up Minnesota Sports.
Speaker 8: But at least in the NBA, it's just full conference seating. Sure, the NHL, I don't even understand it.
Speaker 1: Stuff.
Speaker 9: It's so one person and it's Gary Betman. Everybody else hates it, and we need the general managers to step up.
Speaker 2: Gary Bevan.
Speaker 1: They who likes commissioner in the National Hockey League should go to on your knee. Women that I forgotten for years. I need to start writing this down.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, I'm gonna tell you this right now. I'm not saying it's a zero chance that that is something I like, but I'm gonna tell you right now. You guys can be sure of one thing. If it is something I like, I'll never say it. Yeah, I will never, especially not to a group of strangers.
Speaker 1: You're just serving their food. Right. He had to get this off his chest.
Speaker 8: He seemed so relieved because I remember my friend said, why did he tell us that?
Speaker 7: He was all shook? Yeah, I'm glad he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's entertaining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's certain things you just don't tell anybody.
Speaker 8: Well, especially when you're going to be bringing out their plates. But again, that's reading the room. Again, that's not something you say to every table your entire shift.
Speaker 6: There was something about this group wants to hear it to you on the stories. This he wants to hear hooker stories. And this group's gonna laugh if I call them on Unie. Yeah, yeah, I think all of those things were true. You're still talking about it years later.
Speaker 1: This guy was right. He gambled. That was like two thousand and eight. See, yeah, legendary.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this a near complete triceratops fossil from the Late Crustaceous period, dubbed Trey sold online for five point five million dollars last week?
Speaker 1: Geez, how is it not more? Did mister Cage buy it?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Marking the latest and a list of dinosaur specimens two affect colossal fees and commercial sales labeled tray.
Speaker 3: I don't know, t r e y yeah, Trey, I don't know, try tray, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Experts city, demand and prices for prehistoric pieces have accelerated in recent years as the wealthy of sought to secure a bone, a skull, or even an entire skeleton from the myriad reptiles who once ruled the world. It's interesting, right, I guess, I guess. I never thought that they were selling these to normal individuals.
Speaker 6: But think of it makes so much sense that crazy rich people are finally realizing there is a limited supply of dinosaurs, they make in more of them. So if you can find a fully intact triceratops skeleton and put them all together, if you're a billionaire, you go, I can have one of the only ones on the planet.
Speaker 7: I'm taking it, and then build an extra wing in your head just for tray. How sick would that be walking there? Yep, this is my dinosaur.
Speaker 6: And what an investment because somebody else is going to buy it when they realize, oh, there's only a handful of these even available.
Speaker 3: There like for hours and just stare at it, going my gosh, Yeah that was real.
Speaker 8: That was real.
Speaker 2: At one point this thing was walking with muscles and eating and doing all the things animals do.
Speaker 6: Unless you're former baseball player Carl Everett, who believes that dinosaurs were a worldwide conspiracy and that fossils were planted in the ground.
Speaker 2: And nobody liked women from.
Speaker 8: Anyway, most conspiracies are like a conspiracy for like a reason, like my conspiracy of like why we didn't land on the Moon, It's because we didn't want Russia to be there first.
Speaker 1: That's my conspiracy. My point of this, though, is what would be the point of faking dinosaurs? Why did he think?
Speaker 9: Like, what's the point of back conspiracy? What would be the point of faking the six other moon missions that we did?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I think the the I don't know about for mister what was who's the guy uh Karl?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 3: I don't know about for mister ever?
Speaker 2: But I think it the timeline of dinosaurs doesn't line up in a way that is convenient for some people.
Speaker 3: Got it and their beliefs?
Speaker 1: Got it? Okay? Got it right?
Speaker 6: If you think the world six thousand years old, it doesn't make sense for them to be around sixty five million years Yeah, got it?
Speaker 1: Ye? Last six stories that makes sense?
Speaker 2: And the last six years three fossils have sold it auction for uppers of thirty million dollars. The Abu Dhabi Department of Culture and Tourism shelled out a then record thirty one point eight million dollars in twenty twenty for stan one of the world's most complete t rex skeletons.
Speaker 3: I believe they found in South Dakota, didn't they?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Is that ring a bell. Maybe I think.
Speaker 2: Let's see before hedge fund billionaire can see Griffin blew that sum out of the water with a forty four point six million dollar purchase of an enormous Stegosaurus specimen nicknamed Apex in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Stegasaurus would be sweet. Yeah, that's a top fiver. They look so freaking cool.
Speaker 2: Then last July, one of only four known sarah Taurus Saratosaurus fossils was the subject of a bidding war sethebes, which ended with an unidentified buyer forking out thirty point five million dollars for the six point three inch predator.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Never heard of that one.
Speaker 3: It looks like it looks like the clever girl Tearector. Yeah, it looks scary as hell.
Speaker 2: Look it up.
Speaker 10: C E r A.
Speaker 1: Well, slow down here, c c E r A after Michael Sarah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta believe it is Serratosaurus.
Speaker 1: Well, that thing spooky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like one of those clever girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: And the guys you've got to sit down in the in the desert crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would uh, that's terrifying. I guarantee it's fast.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: It never never tasted him, Nope, kicked this out or did it? Think?
Speaker 2: Think about how smart this is, man, Think about this because I can't imagine what it's worth now. But in two thousand and seven, Nick Cage bought a torontosaurus school. How much you think you paid for it?
Speaker 6: Probably not much if these if these numbers are current, right, the ones that they're Yeah, I bet it was like five hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: And seventy six thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see exactly that. I mean, what a steal Nick's good, dude. Man, didn't Adrian Peterson by one? What? I think Adrian Peterson bought one?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe got a good deal on it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Adrian the probably did too. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I forget that South Dakota. I know that there's a lot of museums there about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Before it was home to the wild West outlaws and cowboys, South Dakota belong to real life tyrannosaurs, rexes, raptors like the Dakota raptor, and during the Ice Age, both Columbian and wooly mammoths.
Speaker 6: It's nuts, yeah, man, South Dakota is so awesome. So according to AI, so I haven't done any more research in this.
Speaker 8: You may be referencing that Entourage says that Adrian Peterson bought a dinosaur skull that was on the TV show season seven, episode three.
Speaker 1: They mentioned that Adrian Peterson bought a dinosaur.
Speaker 2: That's great because you loved that show and that came into your memory as a real thing.
Speaker 8: But I thought that was a great show. Yeah, that was a great show. I thought he actually did. I thought we'd heard that.
Speaker 7: No, No, it's cool, man, that would have been a worthwhile investment compared to what he other.
Speaker 2: You know, he while you guys are sitting there with your computers looking at dinosaurs, look up Titanosaur.
Speaker 3: Titan O sar.
Speaker 1: It wasn't essentially like a bronosaurus.
Speaker 3: It's the biggest dinosaur.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what's great hockey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually do.
Speaker 8: Look over here, Jesus, you and I are on the same login name, So I just have to put in one letter.
Speaker 1: It'll take me to it because your mom.
Speaker 3: Man, someone do that often.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I know what's what I'm saying. Look how huge it is.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even fit on the picture when you get.
Speaker 2: Dude, look at the again, since you're there anyway, look at the t rex at the Field Museum in Chicago. They have it positioned as if it's going to eat you.
Speaker 6: I don't even remember what dinosaurs were there, but again, my dad's from Chicago. My grandparents lived in Chicago. I used to go to that whatever, that whatever. That museum is the Soldier Field, the one that has the dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: I used to I grew up.
Speaker 6: I'd go there once a year and the dinosaur I didn't even know the name of it because it's been on, you know, thirty plus years since I've been there. But the dinosaur exhibit was elite. I couldn't believe it. It was the coolest stuff ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's still there, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Field Man Giant Ass Aquarium in Chicago as well. Those were like every year we would go to the dinosaurs in the aquarium.
Speaker 2: If you're ever thinking about going to a Bears game, make it a weekend. Go to that Field Museum. It's right beside Soldier Field, right by, not right beside you get my points, right by it.
Speaker 1: It's walking distance.
Speaker 3: How Yeah, pretty cool, man, it's cool.
Speaker 1: Soldier Field's kind of cool. It's very cool.
Speaker 2: Have you been their core? Did you go there for concerts?
Speaker 1: Soldier Field? I? Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean the old stadium is still there. They just built up the new stadium around it, and so you can walk around if you take your time and see the old stadium.
Speaker 3: It's pretty cool, pretty cool, pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I like it. Rest in peace?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, kidding. Won't be long now.
Speaker 1: Are they still moving to Indiana?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Perhaps, or it might be a leverage play, but we'll see. It would be nice to have indoors state and I know it's the antithesis of what football is, but minimize the elements as much as possible so you don't have like what happened in the AFC champions.
Speaker 8: You're correct, or all major football games should be played indoors.
Speaker 1: I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I want I.
Speaker 3: Feel like I am.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I think I think I'm in the minority that I want them all indoors. I don't. I don't like the element games.
Speaker 8: Not in September. That's fine, play outside lambeau Field in September.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Ten out of ten. Yeah, it's all standing.
Speaker 6: Sure once once it gets to the point where they can't feel their fingers. And there's it's the ice CapAids that does nothing for me.
Speaker 7: And there's too much money on the line now now that NFL, the NFL is in bed with sports betting, you need to make it as even and fair as possible.
Speaker 1: The news in a.
Speaker 8: Second morning later, criss sticking around to play initials it a little over an hour, one hundred and thirteen thousand, five hundred dollars up for grabs. We'll talk more about that later right here on the Power Grim Morning, Join the.
Speaker 2: Fan, Let's throw it away.
Speaker 1: We stay.
Speaker 2: Out now.
Speaker 1: Also