Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: I guess the show's over. We have no more time for anybody else.
Speaker 1: The show is gonna be over, especially guys wearing a Dodger jersey and a flannel. I'm just kidding, just kidding. My guy, Blake Snell is in the house. Nell Zilla, it's on. Don't worry. Two time called it.
Speaker 3: I said, that's the first thing you're gonna say.
Speaker 1: Called it two time, two time Cy Young Award winner, World Champion, Blake Snell and a man that is not beneath serving Jack in the box Tacos and parts.
Speaker 2: Of La you saw it was getting quick. You were embracing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was fun a lot of fun. And then did you do to red microphone as like a cherry?
Speaker 2: That's right for the Shirley That's right? Hello, Hello? How many Shirley Temples were you? Can we get a headset for Blake Snell because he's gonna need to hear part of this interview because I got stuff. Look at how many people are starting to gather around you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, leave me alone.
Speaker 2: I mean you are imagining leave me alone. People.
Speaker 1: People always want to be around you. You need to put this on. But on the headsets it's good and you got to hear this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: You got great energy. You had great energy at the Long Beach Aquarius. You had great energy at that Jack in the box.
Speaker 3: Wait till the season starts?
Speaker 2: Hello, when is your season gonna start? Well?
Speaker 3: Spring training obviously, and then go from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but are you gonna be on the mound in spring training? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're making me nervous. People meet you at the Long Beach Aquarium. They're saying you're taking your season slow. Set the record straight for the people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna try to pitch on opening day. That's the goal. It's always the goal. Yeah, God forbid, I'm saying I want to take a little time, make sure I'm doing it right. But that's just me. But no, I've seen it. I watched social media. I see ar I'm tired all that. But Jack wrote the right things. People just took it the wrong way.
Speaker 2: How should we take it.
Speaker 3: I'm going into spring and I'm gonna get ready to pitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're fine, Yeah, tell people you're fine. I'm fine, Okay, see all right now, is that what you.
Speaker 3: Wanted to hear.
Speaker 2: I want to hear that I'm good. I'm here to push you.
Speaker 1: I know all these other people are in awe of you, but I respect your greatness. I respect what you've accomplished in your career and what you did to help the Dodgers win the World Series.
Speaker 2: But we want the snell Zilla show.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, if I'm healthy, I really like what I can do. And I was able to get healthy down the stretch and that was that was a big It was a lot of fun for me, but that was big for the team. And then yeah, being able to win the World Series with special.
Speaker 1: It seems like Dodger fans are starting to realize just how much you love being a Dodger.
Speaker 2: How much do you love wearing this uniform?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's everything to me. I mean, I tell Andrew. I haven't told him a little bit. I'll text him after this, but I'll tell Andrew all the time, thank you. Like I'm so lucky to be a Dodger. It means the world to me. Yeah, there's no place I'd rather be. I love I love it here. I love the people, I love the fans, the teammates, I love the way that I could talk with Andrew Gomer about the team and just learn and yeah, there's nothing better than puting this jersey on every day.
Speaker 1: I was a little bit worried that you wouldn't show up to Dodger Fest because I'll let you in on a little secret. You know, you and my son, you got a connection over FaceTime and Twitch.
Speaker 2: So when I saw that alert came on last night, snail Zilla is streaming.
Speaker 1: Hey, before little Joe went to bed, we want that put him to sleep. That's his bedtime story when snil Zilla is streaming.
Speaker 3: So he was watching me sing last night.
Speaker 1: He was here. By the way, little note facts, snil Zilla actually has a pretty good voice. Colin snail Zilla's got the headset in now. This was one of the songs that snail Zilla played as he was playing one of his video games last night. Hey con no, no not yet, no yet he who knews snail Zilla loved me.
Speaker 2: Go ahead call him play.
Speaker 3: Clift it love song.
Speaker 2: So sad up there it is.
Speaker 1: This is what was happening last night, singing, vibeing, Yeah, I like I like your taste of music.
Speaker 2: It's a good song. Yes, yes, I mean you had to blown the dark headsets on the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, and I and I backed up and I was I was gonna start this, and I was like, I really have room and I have to like get down.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna tip over in your chair.
Speaker 3: No, I was gonna push the chair down. Get out the way, all right.
Speaker 1: And then from Neo DJ snell Zilla transitioned into Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: Can we play the song Colin here forever? How about this one? You know this one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know it, but I played forever. You need to watch better, You need to watch Colin.
Speaker 2: I just said, ain't Chris Brown? You went vibe with?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like this song, but I like probably thirty other songs from him way more.
Speaker 2: Okay. Sorry, Hey, don't worry. I'll teach you. I'll teach you Chris Brown music. I got you. No, I'll make I'll make a playlist for you. How about that? Okay? Yeah, I want to snow this a little playlist.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be called Welcome to the Game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, did you know Neo and Econ are going on tour together?
Speaker 3: No way?
Speaker 2: Yes, that blow your mind.
Speaker 3: Oh they're gonna be in LA they got to Yeah, they will be who doesn't come to NA. Yeah, exactly, Okay, we'll be there nice.
Speaker 2: I can teach you.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the game, and then part two and we'll go to a concert all right. You know every song I say, hey, get up and dance to this one.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the game you were playing last night among us. Yes, my son I knew it. My son knew it.
Speaker 2: He wanted to know if you were the impostor No.
Speaker 3: I wasn't until like two hours in. And then every time you're the impost and streaming, everyone knows you're the ambossor so you can't hi like you're just like this, this is your crew may just trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: So see, this is the Blakes. Now that you get on Twitch, that's the Blake snail. I want every Dodger Talk appearance. See, I take you back, I take you back to your happy place. Yeah, we've got headsets on right now.
Speaker 2: All you need is like a microphone. But once the season starts, it's a lock in. Yeah, yeah, lock in.
Speaker 1: It is the last streaming video. Can you announce when it will be the last time? In spring training?
Speaker 3: My stream and spring training usually I do stream, but I gotta set the stream up and that's why I don't know. And spring training focus and get ready and I might stream there and then during the season I stream a couple of times, but for the most part, baseball is the only focus. Yeah, I love it, not my family, Okay, family get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Father of the Year, Yeah we get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, see, yes, I love tapping into you with the youth baseball. You you really have a great perspective on for the kids. Make it about the kids, but the parents need to back off a little bit sometimes. From my experience, Yeah, I mean there's so much silelarn And it's funny, man, because every year I do Zilla and I do Seattle Select.
Speaker 3: The kids are getting older. But I'm learning so much, man, I'm learning how to really help the kids, how to really have an impact. I partnered with a group player's health and they're helping me a lot with your safety. And that's probably the coolest part as of now that I've gotten into with the youth sports as well. So I'm beyond excited about, you know, just how it's evolving year after year.
Speaker 1: So you gave away a lot of rawlings equipment to the snow Zilla kids.
Speaker 2: Do you give away the Boo boos too? Or do you keep those for yourself?
Speaker 3: No? Love Booboo is just something to do in the clubhouse that you know, brings everybody in really hoping we're trying to get the secret. It's just fun, you know.
Speaker 1: It feels like they're all in your locker, though, how are they for everybody?
Speaker 3: So they're in my locker, and what you see in my locker is about a quarter of what we've opened.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Everybody takes them.
Speaker 2: I tell them to take them, Okay, yeah I don't.
Speaker 3: They just and then they just hang in the locker and I'm like, well, just make sure I have every color in the locker, and then the rest people take What.
Speaker 2: Did you think about the selfie? I took it downy Hundai the Boo boost boat.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, you should drive that. I'd never drive it, but you should drive it.
Speaker 1: Drive it to the Boo Boos cars, Drive drive it to the stadium every.
Speaker 3: Day you want to.
Speaker 2: You right in there, thank you.
Speaker 3: I ain't going right in there.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that all right. Where you watching the Super Bowl? Snow Zilla? Uh?
Speaker 3: In San Francisco?
Speaker 2: Are you going to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: That's the plan as it now, go for just the day.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Yeah, the world two were continues.
Speaker 3: Hey, I was gonna go regardless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if the rams were in there, We're not even gonna get it.
Speaker 2: David texted me, you try to FaceTime of the day after that, I.
Speaker 3: Told him, Hey, I said, I told I told Dave two before. I said, Hey, this is the super Bowl, Like, this is the super Bowl. All three games I went to all I went to two of them, and then I was on the plane for for this last one.
Speaker 2: But man's unbelievable games. Unbelievable one. That's my guy. Come on one. The fan fest starts. Hey, we got this fan fast want it's about the fans. That's right, it's about It's about Dodger talk. We're touching more fans right now.
Speaker 3: That was a crazy thing to say. Day, What do you mean we're gonna keep rolling into your.
Speaker 1: Little Hey, thank you for stopping. Appreciate it for that flannel. You really triggered me. Oh my god, what is this? What is this?
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it. Thank you for coming by.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Your twitch last night.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm gonna be on among us tonight.
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll be there and play. We'll be ready.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna yeah, But when I leave, I'm gonna get the game downloaded for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 1: They want a picture with us. Neil Zilla here. We're gonna take you out with this. He's taking the headset off, Blake Snell. We're getting in the show right now. Forget everybody else. Come on, why you Why won't you put your arm around me? Why there we go? Come on, jeez, so weird, so Seattle weird. But now he's LA's favorite son. Blake's now your new home.
Speaker 2: That's it. I love L always