Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. And they have guards there. But have you ever been to the Louver or any major museum. The guards sitting there and are in a corner on a chair. There's not a lot of folding chair. No, they're asleep. They're asleep because guards not only are issued uniforms, are also issued ambient pills.
Speaker 2: And now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle and good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: Bill Handle here and the morning crew Foody Friday, ask candle anything Friday, and it's always great funds this morning.
Speaker 2: I'm in studio, so.
Speaker 1: And Neil, me and Amy and I just where you have a just a ripper and good time talking before the show, talking between and you brought cams and I bought yeah it was that stonefire grill.
Speaker 2: Yes, last night grill carry.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I bought stonefire grill for everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I just want to let you.
Speaker 1: Know I I paid for it. Well, I was a gift card, but Phil, I could have used it someplace else.
Speaker 3: Thanks for breaking those stereotypes, buddy.
Speaker 1: Okay, As I always say, if you cannot get it free or wholesale, you don't need it at all.
Speaker 3: There's the philosophy muscle took.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Cono.
Speaker 1: You Knowice, I left you out of the mix in terms of by talking beforehand and during the breaks.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed that I noticed? Okay, just want to let you know I said that on purpose. Thank you. Oh you will. Well, he's kind of busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We were just talking.
Speaker 1: About flying actually, uh, the three of us in the room, and Neil I mentioned there was a story about what is it long beach airplane landed on the beach, Oh, Honnington Beach kind of neat and just right there on the sand and it's some perfect shape. Usually when airplanes have emergency landings are a mess. And Neil said, you have ever been.
Speaker 2: Up in a little airplane? I go, yeah, yeah, a bunch of times.
Speaker 1: And I said I soloed actually, and when I was in my twenties I was good.
Speaker 3: But we're talking about flying, not spending time in the closet.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: And so I actually solod because I was gonna het my pilot's license. And the reason I soloed, and I'll give you the reason. I'm so out of Van Eyes. I flew out of the Van Ey's airport and when I started and my first solo, and this is what I wanted to do. This was the reason. Is the control tower. I was cleared. You knows, Sessa eight six four whatever. You're cleared for a takeoff, you're cleared for takeoff, a touch and go, or you just touch and then you take off again.
Speaker 2: And the controller said that you are cleared.
Speaker 1: And I said, Roger Wilco, over and out and how cool are you? Yeah, And there was just silence for just a second and the guy said, we don't say that.
Speaker 2: What's your vector? Victor?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Man, I have driven with you a million times, and I am frightened that you've been in the plane at your own control.
Speaker 2: You know you'd ask because I'm an aviation buff. Yeah, I'm not a pilot. Because it's a lot of work to fly.
Speaker 1: You're looking around all the time, you're looking at the instruments, you're looking at airspeed. You're not enjoying looking around and just having a rip roaring good time, which is what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Good morning, Neil, good morning to you. Good morning Willie Wolfs.
Speaker 1: And there is the lovely Amy, Good morning, Amy, good morning.
Speaker 2: And Dodgers play today. They do. And we're not supposed.
Speaker 1: To say the Dodgers are going to win or or how they are favored, because she does not want it.
Speaker 5: Jinxed exactly all right, So Dodgers, oh.
Speaker 2: That's exactly they are going to kill the Blue Jays, all right.
Speaker 1: Hi, Hi, Hello, Anne Cono, good morning, good morning, Good morning, Will.
Speaker 2: Where's Will out there? Well, you're there, I'm here here, I'm just not there.
Speaker 1: I can't see I know, I can't see in the monitor because Will's down the home little.
Speaker 2: Actually I'm not. I'm at home because I'm a little under the weather. But yeah, I knew you were coming in. Nothing about that. Think about that under the weather.
Speaker 1: Will points that out because we don't have an airplane anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's always under the weather. True. Yeah, that's deep. So you're missing on on the carrot cake, Will, damn Yeah, damn that.
Speaker 3: But he's in his Chon's chilling.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's true. That's why I like broadcasting at home. I have of a thirty foot commute, and I just literally just walked down the stairs going to the studio and going my own shower.
Speaker 2: I'm still in my pga E step in the summer where I.
Speaker 1: Go commando and the nards are going back and forth and flying and hanging over the Chair's.
Speaker 2: Fine, you know that? Is it true?
Speaker 4: Will gives you custom report. It looks like the elevator is clear. Right now, you can make way down from the pisser.
Speaker 2: All right, you should be there any minute. Okay, let's do it, guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, on a Friday, We've got plenty of stuff to cover. Handle on the news with Amy neil Me lead Storrye. A president, in a not surprising move, really got pissed off the Ontario. Canada, in the country of Canada are running ads in the US quoting and actually running ads of Ronald Reagan talking about traps said he did during a speech while he was president, ripping into tariffs as to how bad they are.
Speaker 2: Canada is running those.
Speaker 1: Trump is so angry with that that he has just stopped all negotiations with Canada.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: We're done with Canada over an ad and he says it's fake news.
Speaker 2: It is not. Ronald Reagan did say that? Is the ad edited?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, to some extent, I'm reading all of I'm reading the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen those.
Speaker 2: It's edited.
Speaker 1: I think the premise doesn't stop. Ronald Reagan does not say I love tariffs. So edited Trump is right fake news?
Speaker 2: Not quite.
Speaker 1: But the bottom line is, don't don't piss off this president, even if you are a country, don't piss them off.
Speaker 4: And Canada still refuses to say sorry. So so who listen.
Speaker 2: Who starts a fight with Canada? And then Canada is just poking the bear too?
Speaker 4: I mean exactly yes at this point, why because they love bears, A lot of bears, because they're going Canada.
Speaker 1: It's it's really interesting how after Trump said Canada should be our fifty first state and a bunch of losers who poked for so the prime minister Trump does, Yeah, the prime the Prime Minister of Canada.
Speaker 2: It was going to lose.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was going to be wiped out in the election. That saved him and the party came back and.
Speaker 2: Strong, and they should do.
Speaker 1: What they should do is think Trump, thank you, thank you, thank you, you saved us.
Speaker 3: He is a magnet, her attracts or repels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, moving on.
Speaker 5: No surprise, the twenty nine year old accused of starting a fire early on New Year's Morning that a week later erupted and turned into the deadly Palisades fires. Pleaded not guilty in an LA courtroom. He's facing three federal charges. Jonathan Rinderneck used to live in Pacific Palisades. They arrested him, remember, in Florida earlier this month, and for these charges, he could face up to forty five years in prison.
Speaker 2: And he's going to get the ball too.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to be consecutive and the jud's going to give him max considering what happened well, and I.
Speaker 2: Think it's going to be interesting to see.
Speaker 5: Is he going to face charges for all the people who died too that hasn't even come up?
Speaker 1: Ye? Yeah. And he's going to spend the rest of his life in jail, and he's going to be ordered.
Speaker 2: To pay restitution. He doesn't have any money, that is.
Speaker 1: Correct, but the restitution is going to be a whopper here. Now, the interesting story is that he lit the fire and a week later it exploded.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Remember it was that one that started on New Year's and it was like eight acres they put it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the smolder they were obviously smoldering embers that reignited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you've got a Senate bill that came in, it's been blowed, and this had to deal with paying federal workers during the shutdown.
Speaker 2: So of course this seems not pretty.
Speaker 4: Much sliced down partisan lines here, But this is about those that have to work in the government, that just have to work and whether they are going to be paid during this time they have to work during the shutdown. Regardless what am I missing here?
Speaker 1: I don't know why the Democrats would kill this bill.
Speaker 2: I just don't get it, because it's about paying.
Speaker 1: Workers that have to be paid, you know, having nothing to do with the extension of Obamacare and bringing back the extension the addition of Medicaid people.
Speaker 4: But you know, it's usually not what straightforward though bill, it's something that's hidden. So Democrats are arguing that Johnson's bill gave the White House Budget Director Russell Vought way too much leeway on determining which workers would get paid which would not, and they felt they were going to you know, Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: The Republicans are saying it's a clean bill, you know, it's only what we have before. That's not true. There are changes, not huge changes. I mean, we're not talking about Obamacare extension. I mean big, big stuff. But you know, it's it doesn't matter. I was listening to an interview yesterday. If the Democrats say yes, the Republicans say no, If the Democrats.
Speaker 2: Say you most, if instead of listening.
Speaker 1: If the Democrats simply say it's raining outside, no, no.
Speaker 2: It's not. Okay. Don't you think that goes both ways? Yes, okay, yeah, but that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's only a problem if it goes both Yeah. Yeah, it absolutely goes both ways. If the Democrats say it's raining, no, it's not. If the Republicans say it's raining, no, it's not yet unless they both go outside and get wet, then they agree.
Speaker 2: No, they'll never agree. No, persons, I'm just sweating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this one big.
Speaker 2: The NBA, the mafia.
Speaker 5: And millions and millions and sports and poker bets, Portland Trailblazers head coach and Hall of Famer Chauncey Billups, also Miami guard heat Terry Rosier or Rosier, and former NBA journeyman Damon Jones among thirty four people indicted. There's two separate federal gambling investigations that they uncovered or announced yesterday, and they involve players like fixing games, kind of like coming out of a game early to affect some of the prop bets. That's weird and which could affect millions and millions of people because of all the online sports betting. And then the other one was had to do with poker games where they would like lure people into to play these high stakes games by using celebrities and stuff. And then they have X ray machines so they could see the cards on the table. They have cards shufflers that can sort of manipulate the cards, and the mafia is involved.
Speaker 1: Do you know to an interview on CNN, I do CNN radio sometimes coming in in the morning. Sorry about that, George instead of George Nori. So Terry not a problem, Bill, I know there was, So I don't know who it was. Just take this pill, but it will feel better. Were you saying talking about Terry Rosier who's a ballplayer? And he mentioned right after Rosier was talking to Venusians Because this was just as George Norry was ending the guy makes twenty six million dollars.
Speaker 2: What the hell is he doing?
Speaker 1: You know, why would you do that to make fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: None of that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can see the mafia guys who are ripping people off. I can see former players maybe.
Speaker 2: You know no longer have the money.
Speaker 4: But come on, guys, well you remember when Winona Ryder was cut stealing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's cut the yet. Yeah, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's some maybe you know, I'll buy that, just some compulsion there.
Speaker 2: Maybe he got in with the mafia and they forced him to do it. Maybe maybe the mob was all over this place.
Speaker 4: All right, So more garbage comes out of Pacific Palisades. Of course, when you have that much damage and that much rebuilding to take place, people are going to have pretty deep emotions tied into it. In this one deals with Gladstone's longtime community staple. We've all been there, we love it, and they're looking to rebuild and to do something different. The plan calls for demolishing the existing twelve thousand square foot seafood restaurant and replacing it with an even larger one seventeen thy five hundred square foot but contemporary dining space. You're looking at the celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck going in there, Frank Airy, Frank Garry, Yeah, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Googenheim Museum.
Speaker 2: I know this is whos in Santa Monica. You know that Frank Gary.
Speaker 3: I did not know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he lives in He has a tin roof on his house. Is a relatively small house. Uh, you know, it's uh, you know, it's a Frank Garry kind of house. The architecture, but the guy is world famous. And this is so they're gonna go from a restaurant to a restaurant. Yeah, but Gladys Stone was falling apart the building.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, it's hard when you're emotionally attached to these things. So neighbors, even though it was passed unanimously to get the right to do this, you've got residents saying that they're saddened by it. You know, you're gonna they said, they're gonna there's gonna be less parking and things like that. The stuff that you can't really argue about is, oh, it's going to cause disruption, you know what. There's gonna be construction in that area for a long time. Unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this isn't the only thing built in that area. It's just sad because Gladstones is so iconic.
Speaker 4: And it was approachable and we don't know if this one is going to be higher costs, so it's not going to be approachable for locals or the same talking.
Speaker 1: Talking about how cost amy, let's do this one and then we'll take a break.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh, still high, but lo two three percent is the new inflation numbers that were just reported Friday. They were delayed by a week because of the government shutdown. Economists had expected prices to go up three point one percent in December. They rose three percent. Two point nine percent was the year over year increase for August.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but so well what the Fed wants to two percent? And we're not going in that right now.
Speaker 1: We're not going in that direction two percent. So inflation is hitting us. I mean, we things are more expensive. I just bought the horrible sandwich shut down the hall at our machine thing.
Speaker 2: It was just some misch in decaffetorium. Yeah. Yeah, the flavor, it's just like the last I don't even know. That's like an egg salad sentwe well that's what.
Speaker 1: They say, but who we I didn't know that egg salad sandwich. I egged were purple. They didn't have like raw to Yeah. The point is that sandwich a couple of years ago was three ninety five, it's five eighty six.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, I was talking to Ann yesterday about this, because she's a big Halloween person too and decorates her house. We're talking about candy. We spent over one hundred dollars on candy, and that's our first haull.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's no kid on the planet that's worth one hundred dollars for candy. Give me a break. CBS has a buy one, get one for a buck, right now, huh huh, And then you can make a mummy out of the receipt. All right, we'll be exactly good point. That's a very good point.
Speaker 4: Contaminated meat from grocery store maybe causing your ut eyes.
Speaker 3: Good night everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's fairly new. So this is.
Speaker 4: A long standing belief, apparently that urinary tract infections are largely caused by poor personal hygiene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they enter the arethra.
Speaker 4: No great, Aretha Franklin, Yeah, Ureith for Franklin. Yeah, but there's this news, this new research that suggests that many cases may actually be caused by infectious e coal I back terrier from contaminated meat. I always thought it was a UTI was from contaminated meat.
Speaker 2: WHOA, Okay, let's let's move on on that one. Amy, you want to take that, Let's move on.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Letitia James, new York's attorney general, wants her case to be dismissed.
Speaker 2: She's filed a notice.
Speaker 5: Her plan or her team plans to ask for her indictment to be dismissed because of the appointment of President Trump's handpicked prosecutor, Lindsey Halligan. The two page brief also included a footnote referring to another recent indictment against former FBI Director James, the same thing.
Speaker 2: He wants his case dismissed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both of them are arguing the same thing. In the case of Letitia James, the attorney general for the Southern District of Virginia.
Speaker 2: I think Leticia James, Yeah, she stayed in New York.
Speaker 1: No, no, I understand, but I think it was filed by the Southern District. If I'm not mistaken anyway. Who the previous one refused, refused to indict, refused to go forward, and so Trump fired him and replaced with her who had never done a prosecution in her life. She was his attorney. But here is going to be the argument, even if President Trump instituted it, certainly with Komi, and he said he should be indicted, he should be tried, he should be put in jail. I think the argument's going to be notwithstanding any of all that there is still enough here to convict. There is still a crime here. I think the courts are going to say that's right. I don't think the case is going to be dismissed because Trump going after her obviously for political reasons, and her being guilty or not mutually exclusive. So I don't think. I don't think it's gonna be dismissed. We'll see.
Speaker 2: It's that's a hard row to hoe or a hoe to row.
Speaker 4: Okay uh Alaska Airlines didn't they have some problems in the past as well. They had some of the Boeing issues. Well, they just had a new one yesterday. They experienced an IT outage and it affected operations.
Speaker 3: Obviously, they.
Speaker 4: Dealt with massive headaches at the gates and people were delayed and people were upset. I've never had that kind of catastrophic experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I've seen delayed. I've seen parts that were I've.
Speaker 4: But I you know, I think going to your wedding, as a matter of fact, there was some issue like you had to be there thirty minutes to be proved to leave out of don't a or something, some weird thing, some weird thing, but never knock on anyway.
Speaker 1: So they're grounded by this it issue issue. I thought, I said, uti issue because we're doing it because of the filthy meat. Because of the filthy meat.
Speaker 4: You would be filthy, you filthy, disgusting meat.
Speaker 2: All right, penny for your thoughts.
Speaker 5: You can't say that much longer because apparently some retailers are running out of pennies without enough pennies. According to a spokesperson for Quick Trip, which is a convenience story, says stores can't make the correct change for cash transactions. The Treasury Department officially stopped making pennies earlier this year, which came after President Trump told the department in February to stop making It costs three cents to make a one sentence.
Speaker 1: He's right, Well, think about this, What a pain in the ass those pennies. You go in and you get change four cents because something goes five oh one or whatever.
Speaker 2: You don't just round up or round down.
Speaker 3: Done, gonna have to do that to the five cent markers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course they are.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, pennies make no sense. You know in England there are called pins you know that named after Pence, I know, named after Mike.
Speaker 2: They he's a real big here, he's really old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway, they it's it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: Then he didn't want to get rid of the penny. He said, every penny is sacred. Okay, all right, So onto the Poultergeist. The Poultergeist House in Seem Valley. You remember that the quits essential eighties house. Yes, well, the owner of the home that was featured in that nineteen eighty two blockbuster movie Poultergeist.
Speaker 3: Not the remake is available on Airbnb.
Speaker 2: What a sec? It imploded. Yes, it's just a hole in the ground.
Speaker 4: So they hooked up a they hooked up a hose in a pump and it turned out it just needed to be refilled.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen the special effects on what it yet to plowed?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: It was brilliant. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So apparently the story goes that they were reading the script and the special effects advisors are going through it and they're like, and it it spelled wrong.
Speaker 3: It should be exploded right, and then no, it implodes.
Speaker 4: You can rent, you can so, Yeah, and I guess they've they put a bunch of furnishinges and horror films and nineteen eighties nostalgia in there there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ok, there's a lot.
Speaker 4: There's a haunted mansion, Disney themed one in Fullerton that looks a maze balls and I think it goes for six eight hundred dollars a night during this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but those are friendly ghosts casts you it's got it. No, I mean the michelin Man ghosts. They what do they call him, Neil?
Speaker 4: Happy haunts, Happy haunts, Yeah, nine hundred and ninety nine happy.
Speaker 5: Haunts, exactly, different kind of ghost. Good news if you don't want to grow up.
Speaker 2: Get it toys. R Us is reopening stores across the.
Speaker 5: Not a ton of them. Two of them are in California. They say that they're going to open thirty new locations, including a flagship store at the Camerio Premium outlets. Oh that's a good outlet, and from Captain Obvious. They say the news stores are designed as convenient, family friendly destinations. No kidding, Lego, Barbie, hot Wheels, Nerve, Paw Patrol, all your favorite goods.
Speaker 1: I thought that the toys that the brand name toys r US was bought by someone else. I thought it was Macy's. Yeah, I think they put it in. Yes, so originally, what toys are us? They try? Toys is us? And what were you doing, buddy? That didn't work so well? Pot don't take all of us in with you, Okay, moving on, pull over and let us get out, moving out, moving on. Yeah, just stop the car.
Speaker 4: You do what you want, Okay, Neil, I'm just putting, you know, like when you go grocery shopping. I'm putting a little rubber space between you and me.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Elon Musk taking name at the head of NASA. He's pissed because I guess NASA said, hey, we may or may not use SpaceX MASS. I mean it's a lucrative contract, obviously, but in some of their projects transporting astronauts to the moon and surface again and all those things, I guess the head of NASA made mentioned that they may or may not. His name is Sean Duffy, and so now Elon Musk whichest man in the world started calling him names and because dummy sean dummy, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: And then he's duty pants too, bro.
Speaker 1: And yeah, the argument is that but they have a contract. Well, they have a contract, but he has breached the contract must now because it's just onn't over.
Speaker 2: Time, it's just delayed, delay, delayed.
Speaker 1: So Duffy is saying, Okay, we're thinking of going someplace else where else is he gonna go, oh, there's a blue horizon, there's uh are they proven you can't do boeing?
Speaker 2: No, we had problems with that, Darliner.
Speaker 1: They did, they did, so I think they're going to default because Musk is miles ahead of anybody else in terms of technology, and sir, they are.
Speaker 4: But don't you love the fact that the only one that can go past any sort of deadline and budget is the government. We still have that high speed rail debacle going on, and it's like it's going to cost billions of billions more.
Speaker 3: That's okay, your government.
Speaker 1: Mostly when people get upset about that. But what are you gonna do? I mean, can you sue the government? Yeah, you sue the government.
Speaker 2: But how are you still the higher speed rip. Yeah, how are you damage? Well, that's not going to happen. I say they're making an airbnb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're in way, way too deep on that. All right, I think we have time for one more.
Speaker 5: Oh look, ma, no hands and no eyes either. General Motors has unveiled new eyes off driving technology. Mary Barrow says it's going to be available starting in twenty twenty eight, and then during this unveiling this week, she said, imagine you step into your vehicle, you push a button, and it drives you to the office. You catch up on work, send emails, or watch an episode of your favorite show. The card drops you off, then it goes to get your dry cleaning, take out for dinner, and comes back in time so you can drive the kids to their soccer game.
Speaker 2: Blind double amputees are thrilled with this. They really are looking at this GM vehicle.
Speaker 4: Okay, another SpaceX story. This is a weird ass story legal battle between SpaceX and that that dark game Cards Against Humanity of your loves that game.
Speaker 3: It's you live it bill. Cards against Humanity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, just the against hum Humanity.
Speaker 4: But it's a pretty dark but fun uh card game there.
Speaker 2: Well, it's this is a weird story.
Speaker 4: Lawsuit says that the card company accused SpaceX of ignoring posted no trespassing signs while dumping construction material, gravel and other debris on the land there. And yeah it was over land. Yeah that they have in your Mexican New Mexico borders.
Speaker 1: And it just just because SpaceX, it becomes huge news. All right, one last one, Amy, We have to pull this one out because this one is just too delicious for words.
Speaker 5: Just a pinch of salt didn't taste very sweet. Because kids at a middle school in one of my little hometowns, tiger To, Oregon, which is a suburb of Portland, say that students got served pretzels with oven cleaner sprinkled on them earlier this week.
Speaker 2: How could that happen?
Speaker 5: Because it was granulated oven cleaner and most mistakenly applied to the pretzels.
Speaker 2: Why is this the story?
Speaker 1: So what oven cleaner on pretzels served the kids?
Speaker 2: Come on, big deal? It was a few dead kids.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I will say if that is the only similarity between the two things, you fire everybody and you relabel get a brother. There are those brother labelers are cheap go in there and put poison salt.
Speaker 2: We're going to take a break. We are done. This is kf I A M six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app