Speaker 1: Watch the Dave Ryan Show on YouTube. Just search Dave Ryan ten Live on YouTube and the iHeartRadio app. It's one on one point three kt w B.
Speaker 2: To start this hour off with a keyword to go to see Sabrina Carpenter in Los Angeles. That keyword feather. Wepen up the iHeartRadio app and then tap the red microphone button. Oh what's that for? That's a talkback? You say, the keyword is feather and you're good to go. So go do that right now. Excuse me while I make a little phone call.
Speaker 3: Just one second, Yeah, right now.
Speaker 2: Hello, Happy boss Day, the National Boss Day to National National Boss Day. If you go look out on your front porch, we brought you flowers.
Speaker 1: There's flowers out on your front porch.
Speaker 3: And no, you're right, I did not, but.
Speaker 1: Someone just probably stole them.
Speaker 2: We went down to the Union Cemetery, Rich and we got you. It's a wreath and it says all I P but anyway, yeah exactly, But we won't let you a happy National Boss Day.
Speaker 1: We love you, guys.
Speaker 2: In your honor, We're gonna play Donna Summer she works hard for the money.
Speaker 4: Yeah hard.
Speaker 2: Play it, play it all right. That is all Rich, get back on the treadmill. Happy boss Day. Get that song off my ready bye Rich. All right, there we go, Happy boss Day. I don't know all right keywords sreena carpenter feather. We play a little game here, a creation of the Dave Ryan Show, Slipper Slap. You answer a trivia question correctly, you're in the clear. You answer it wrong, you get slapped in the face with a slipper that is shaped like a caveman's foot and is very flexible and floppy. It resembles his swim finn. And we will do the first question. Here's the one for Jenny.
Speaker 1: You can watch this on our YouTube live.
Speaker 2: You sure can watch on YouTube YouTube Live Slipper Slap Dave Ryan TV. And here we go, Jenny. Here's your first question. Answer correctly, you're in the clear, Get it wrong, and you get slapped in the face. Bailey going to do the slap in this time.
Speaker 1: Here's the worst one.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Jenny. What blood type is a universal donor type?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: I should know this one? Is it all?
Speaker 3: I need a little bit more specific?
Speaker 1: Oh? Negative?
Speaker 3: Oh negative is correct?
Speaker 1: Okay, Bailey?
Speaker 2: Nice, you need to come over here for slipper slap soun.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to give one?
Speaker 3: Give me one, I'll give you one.
Speaker 1: David.
Speaker 6: All right, Dave, what was the name of the high school and saved by the bell.
Speaker 3: Fort Smith High School for high school?
Speaker 1: Is correct? Bayside? Hi, That means Bailey's coming over there and slapping you with a slipper.
Speaker 3: Bailey gets way too aggressed.
Speaker 1: She does we're here three two? Oh God, she's way too aggressive.
Speaker 6: He gets in like a squat stance, like he really gets ready for it.
Speaker 1: He's like he clenches his cheeks.
Speaker 2: You have to brace yourself with Bailey. Okay, here we go, Bailey slipper slap, Here we go. How many planets make up the Solar system? You do not get time to count them up? I need an answer.
Speaker 7: Eight?
Speaker 3: Eight is correct? Right? Ginny?
Speaker 2: Here we go with your question. What astronomers called out in Bohemian Rhapsody? Gosh they say it several times.
Speaker 1: Second, is this one will be for you?
Speaker 6: Vonn who starred as Edward Scissors Hands in the ninety ninety.
Speaker 1: Film Leonardo DiCaprio. That is like a.
Speaker 6: Good gas, but it's unfortunately incorrect. So Dave is running over.
Speaker 4: You got to turn on the lights in there, Varan, he isn't running so that you can see what's running.
Speaker 1: All right, turn on the lights. All right, look at the camera. We got it. We can see ready.
Speaker 6: Oh that was easy, not bad, just like a backhand one kind of.
Speaker 8: All right, Bailey, this one's for you, Okay. Which popular condoment?
Speaker 2: Slap you get slapped in the face with a slipper if you get your question wrong?
Speaker 8: Bailey? Which popular condiment was once sold as a medicineal I'm saying that wrong? Medicinel thanks cure for diarrhea, for diarrhea? What popular condiment?
Speaker 1: Mayonnaise?
Speaker 2: Wrong?
Speaker 1: Here we go, Bailey, Here we go. Wait the camera in the camera. Here we go. Three wind up?
Speaker 6: Jeez, Dave settled out. Oh that was that was I feel like you're going pretty weak.
Speaker 1: I was in my mouth. He's losing his touch.
Speaker 3: You want me to go harder? You want me to go harder, don't. Here we go? And how many pounds are in a ton?
Speaker 1: A thousand?
Speaker 3: Incorrect?
Speaker 1: It's two thousand? Gitter, Bailey, I feel a little bit good about that.
Speaker 2: Hit her with a slipper, hit her slipper? Slap boom, boom, Bailey.
Speaker 1: It's so hard.
Speaker 3: Bailey hit too hard.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, this one's for Vaughan.
Speaker 9: What You Do?
Speaker 6: A lipa album, came out in May twenty four and features tracks like Houdini.
Speaker 1: What's it called?
Speaker 8: Oh uh damn, You're gonna say it?
Speaker 1: And I know it, I'm gonna say self titled. It was called dou No, it was not. It was called radical Optimismism. Yes, I do know Bailey, go get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bailey's going to the room.
Speaker 6: So much more joy out of this than I do. I'd rather she Bailey's a psycho. Take my glasses off again.
Speaker 2: Bailey is a psycho. Watch this on YouTube. Slipper slap and winding up.
Speaker 3: Boom.
Speaker 2: It was such a hard wind up, geez, because you're scary. Gosh, sidot a lot of issues, okay, Slipperslap of creation, talk to somebody you do? All right, We'll be back one hour commercial free on kt WB. We're gonna do. I want to ask you a question. What costume did you dress as back in the day? That would get you in trouble?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 2: That would not fly. They would send you home from school. For example, if you dressed as a hobo and you went to school. That might not fly. I mean, maybe it would, but it's pretty much not really cool anymore. But there's probably something worse. Maybe you went as a giant cigarette back in the day when you were in fifth grade it was funny, dress is a cigarette and you went to like the fifth grade Halloween party. What did you dress as back in the day that would not fly today? Send me a text at KDWB what when you were a kid or last week? Whatever, I don't know, whatever it was, what incorrect politically incorrect Halloween costume did you that would not fly?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Somebody just texted I was thirteen. We dressed as sluts and now I don't know specifically. Did you be like, hey, girls, let's be sluts, but that's funny. Thirteen years old and mom, lets you head out the doorl Okay, what did you dress as?
Speaker 4: That was?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you mine really quick. When I was twenty two years old, twenty three, I dressed its prints and I darkened my skin. It was super I mean it was very authentic. I had a little mustache, I had the wig. Yeah, I had some frilly, purple lacy stuff. I had a pair of boots on high heeled boots. I had a little brooch is that what is called? Little thing that goes in a call or whatever? And it was great.
Speaker 3: But I could not get away with dressing with prints now, nor would I try.
Speaker 1: No, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 3: I unch of text messages.
Speaker 8: I'll say not even because it's a bad costume. I would just kill to see twenty two year old Dave dressed like with all that makeup.
Speaker 2: I got a picture somewhere. I mean, I don't care. I can bust it out now. It's all in the past, but I'll look for it. What did you dress ass back in the day.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of text messages. I was saying, zacha juwea Pocahontas, just Native Americans in general dressing up. I know that was like a super popular costume when I was a kid. I was never one, but a lot of people are texting that in. Someone said, when you're in college, I dressed up as a slutty blue and purple bruise to match the ridiculous hickey on my neck.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like this in fifth grade.
Speaker 2: These are all text messages, by the way, in fifth grade, I dressed up as a quote fat person.
Speaker 1: So that's all they were. They were just fat, that's it.
Speaker 8: Should they still sell that at Spirit today though, like a big body suit or something.
Speaker 6: I'm sure well, I'm sure they saw like bellies, because that's like the costume you're trying to play.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we've all done the homeless person at one point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hoboy, I can't say I have.
Speaker 6: I was a hobo clown one say, I showed you guys a picture of us. I was dressed as a trashy server like waitress and like a diner dress and like hella makeup and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's probably like the only one wor closest. Yeah, the worst. Yeah, you're going to heavy. Out of all of us, Jenny's pregnant.
Speaker 3: None was pregnant. Nun was a big one. No creggitet nun was it.
Speaker 2: It probably still popped. I don't know whether I haven't seen it in years.
Speaker 4: It says I went as a breathalyzer that said blow here down near the Johnson.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've seen those before.
Speaker 3: H funny.
Speaker 2: This text says when I was thirteen, I was a playboy bunny.
Speaker 3: No, no, my mom didn't know.
Speaker 2: I guess they went over to their friend's house, probably in dresses Playboy bunnies.
Speaker 1: Thirteen years old, texays.
Speaker 4: When I was like sixteen, all of my friends and I went as hookers girls. Let's go, let's celebrate Halloween. Growing up, I had a homemade pig costume. My mom stuffed pillows down my pants, making it look like I had a botched BBL.
Speaker 3: Oh but what's bbl?
Speaker 1: Like a Brazilian bullet?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, gotchair? Just what? This is? Terrible?
Speaker 2: Dressed as a quote midget in nineteen ninety one, which was an acceptable term then. I'm not sure what the acceptable term is now. It tends to change here and there. Here's a text message, what did you dress as? Is Halloween? That would not fly today? We dressed as hookers and our male friend dressed as our pimp. Pimp costume is a big one true like the last I don't know, I haven't seen a long time. As usually like a white guy in a purple velvet hat and a purple velvet vest in the cane for the.
Speaker 1: Cane, Yes, with the cane. This textays.
Speaker 4: When I was about ten, I dressed up as Marilyn Monroe in the famous white flowy dress. My mom and aunt stuffed the dress to make it look like I had giant boobs, gave me a blonde wig first shall and a fake cigarette. And she was ten, which like, hey, she got giant boobs.
Speaker 1: Is a ten year old?
Speaker 3: Kind of funny.
Speaker 2: In sixth grade, I dressed as my with my friend as a co joined twin.
Speaker 1: Why is that? Why would that get you canceled?
Speaker 3: It just probably a better answer.
Speaker 1: What was your poor taste costume?
Speaker 2: Yes, my mom went as a lot lizard, which if you don't know what a lot lizard is that it's a hooker and a truck stop. Yeah, a lot I don't know how you ald dress is a lot lizard?
Speaker 4: How do you differentiate a hooker at a truck's truck stop versus a hooker on a corner?
Speaker 2: She's got a air pressure cage in her front pocket.
Speaker 6: In case ye from almost SIGs.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's one. I dress as a slutty teacher. I wrote, haze me on the butt, but that night I get a boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Hey for the night she got a boyfriend with the side I smile, Emoi.
Speaker 6: Can I tell you the best thing was sitting on my deck My senior year at the U of M and watching people the morning after Halloween walk home and their walk of shame in all their costume.
Speaker 1: It was so loud.
Speaker 2: Here's one that you could still do. Three of my friends and I, so four of us wore black shirts with the word play tape to them.
Speaker 3: So we were four play.
Speaker 8: Oh I thought you were going to say they were boys.
Speaker 1: So was playable. Okay, that makes more sense.
Speaker 3: I got a bunch of these. Thank you. That was a lot of fun. It reminds me.
Speaker 2: Boo Bash is coming up on October thirtieth, that's two weeks from tonight.
Speaker 1: Two weeks from tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be down at Mystic Lake and we got a thousand dollars costume contests for three different category Sexy, most creative, and couple or a group. And if you want to come for the contest, great, If you don't want to come for the contest, you're just going to come and party and do some shots and meet Bailey and vont In person us. Have your reading done with Gary Spivey. If you want to meet Gary Spivey, the world's most accurate psychic, and you can ask him anything and if you know he'll give you the right answer. What would you ask him? Meet Gary Spivey down there. Let's get you tickets right now for Boo Bash. We're gonna play a little game called fun sucker.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: We did this yesterday. I'll call you, don't call you yet. But the way it works is you've got to be a guy to call this time. Yesterday we did just women. All guys call six five, one, nine eight nine KGB. But as soon as a woman breaks through and she gets on the air with a phone call, the fun is over. Fun sucker we did. We did it yesterday. We had women call in. The second call was a guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Colin, shout out Colin. Of course I remember that phone.
Speaker 2: All right, So now call me if you're a If you're a guy, right, you're a guy six KBB. We'll answer the phones live and we'll grab callers until we get a woman. That sucks the fun out of everything.
Speaker 6: We've only done this a few times where we've gotten through all the lines because we only technically have six lines, yes where nobody was the fund or they just weren't lucky enough to come through and get there already.
Speaker 3: Should be all guys, Hello, KTWB. There we go.
Speaker 2: What's your name? I'm a dude, Just go, just go, Okay, Okay, you're going to Boo.
Speaker 9: Bash San Francisco, take Away the Sand and the Bridge.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, okay, let's go take.
Speaker 2: Okay, please ever being on the radio and I'm a dude, I didn't kill it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did a great job.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You're going to Boosh Baby.
Speaker 3: I'm there. Okay, good? Are you good? Okay? Please hold Katie w B. Hello, what's your names?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Libby?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a fun sucker. You blew it for all the dudes that wanted to call in. Did you realize you were a fun sucker?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 11: I did not see people.
Speaker 3: I think call in without realizing.
Speaker 2: They just hear it. So that's all right. Hey Libby, you're a fun sucker. But that's okay. We're still going to get your boot Bash tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, welcome, thank you, you're welcome. Wow, both days? Then no remorse?
Speaker 2: All right, more Boo Bash tickets for you, coming up all morning long and right up until the day of the show. Doing Dave's third right now on k d w B. I'm playing injured today. I got I got seriously injured playing pickleball with little a last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we have like a small indoor pickleball net. And last night I was over to friend's house. And because you guys have been encouraging me to go out more often, so owned to my friend Matt's house. We talked about magic and things like that. We had a great time there, and so yes, and so I came home and Ava, who is five years old, had been there since three and Susan's like, it's your turn. It's your turn, entertainer. So the first thing you do when you got a five year old what do they do? You sit down? What do they do? They crawl up on your lap and get right in your face?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 1: What do you do? And Hi? Pe pa?
Speaker 2: I went to school today. It was orange and black day today. Really okay, Susan's like, she's all yours.
Speaker 3: I'm exhausted.
Speaker 2: So we set up the pickleball net and I was teaching little Leava how to play pickleball and she couldn't hit it. So I'm like, okay, well let's practice hitting it. Swing your paddle really hard.
Speaker 1: Boom.
Speaker 3: She hit me in the tender part of my wrist.
Speaker 2: To see that little red marks hit me right there, really hard, to the point where it wasn't just like uh, it was like I need a minute. But then did you see the video of Ava returning the pickleball?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: She?
Speaker 1: I mean no where would I see it?
Speaker 3: So on my.
Speaker 1: Instagram it looks did a decent job.
Speaker 3: She did fine, it was fun.
Speaker 2: You know, she got bored after five minutes and said can we go do something else?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, She's not an athlete. So I'm playing injured. Just the Dave Ryan Show one on one point three kd WB speaking playing injured. Monday Night Football is Thursday Night Football tonight. The Bengals host the Pittsburgh Steelers. I think the Vikings played the Eagles at home on Sunday.
Speaker 1: So it's a noon game.
Speaker 6: And just to shout out because I'm going to be at Mystic Hope hosting a big watch party. We've got a lot of giveaways we're gonna be doing. We'll be giving away Boo Bash tickets, some Vikings prize packs with merchant stuff.
Speaker 1: So if you want to come down to.
Speaker 6: The hop house, get your get your feelings in, and figure out what you're going to do when Boo Bash comes around, come hang out with me Sunday noon against the Eagles noon.
Speaker 2: Until Okay, great. And the great thing about going somewhere like that is they'll they do all the waiting for you. You don't have to get up and go make a sandwich during a commercial. You just order whatever you want. Patty Melt probably get a Patty Melt wings, Reuben Wings, burger fries.
Speaker 3: You just say you want it.
Speaker 6: They've also got like the most amount of TVs ever in the hop house, So really, anywhere you look you can see the.
Speaker 1: Game fly, you will fly, all right.
Speaker 6: Vin kat Stickler is a mostly a TikToker, but there's been a lot of rumors that she's been dating John Mayer recently, and so she addressed.
Speaker 1: That, oh Keats are you single? Yeah, I already told you that. No, you didn't. I cut all my hair off out of the blue one day. You think I just did that for no reason.
Speaker 6: So yeah, there's just been rumors that her and John Mayer are dating. She is a very funny TikToker. Some people like her, some people don't, but she you know the whole bit of like women do drastic changes, like get bangs or they chop their hair off when they're single. She's like, do I look like a woman who's in a relationship. I Ike, just chopped my hair off.
Speaker 4: Ballad though, Jeff Propes addresses the possibility of a Golden Survivor season. After the popularity of the Golden Bachelor and Golden Bachelorette, he's been hearing a lot from people like, hey, could you do the Golden Survivor because most of the Survivor contestants are pretty young. So last season there were only three players that were like old.
Speaker 1: So he's addressed it.
Speaker 4: He says, based on the number of people over fifty who apply, and we believe are interesting and compelling enough to be on the show. We believe we can truly handle intense physicality. If you limit it only to fifty and over, it would be difficult to cast. So Jeff Probe says, probably not, but I still think that.
Speaker 1: Would be so cool because would be so many Yeah people.
Speaker 2: I watched a little bit last night, I know, and Susan's like, we were flipping through watching for something to watch, yeah, and she goes Survivor still on, and I said, yeah, I said, like Bailey and Jenny and tons of people love Survivor. It has made a resurgence. Yeah, in the past few years.
Speaker 3: We used to watch it when it was brand new.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and I watched it back then too, and I do think it's gotten more popular now. But even this season, there's one tribe that's like, everybody is young, and there's one old guy and he's like, and he's not even old. He's like fifty maybe forty six, and he's like, I have no idea what my tribe is talking about.
Speaker 1: And so I think it would be just so cool if like they had a whole season of everyone forty five and up.
Speaker 3: That's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Speaking of reality shows, on The Golden Bachelor, a little bit of a spoiler alert if you're a dvring or you haven't watched it yet. Golden Bachelor spoiler spoiler spoiler coming in three two one, Carol says goodbye.
Speaker 7: I think I need to be honest with him. I don't think he's my guy. Don't know if I can continue on this journey with you. And this is hard because I really care about it. I too, I.
Speaker 1: Expect that you have to be true to yourself.
Speaker 3: Are you watching the show.
Speaker 6: Jenny, I'm not because I've said this before that I just like, am not super into watching old people making out.
Speaker 1: So I've kind of ruled all this.
Speaker 2: There's a difference, isn't it the truth? If you think about if you were walking through let's say you're walking through Loring Park and you see a young couple and they're like twenty five and they're making out there up against a tree. They got one leg up, you know what I mean. Now, if they're twenty five years old, that's like, you know, you giggle and you look the other way and you go, well, they're having a good time. But if you see somebody who's fifty five or sixty up against a tree and louring parks like oh puke, oh puke, you would yell it at them. Oh yeah, cube, grow stop go takingna.
Speaker 1: How when are you too old to be making out in public?
Speaker 3: I don't know, that's a really good question.
Speaker 6: I think it's okay if you want to go ahead and make out and smooch a little bit. But I just think that, like, honestly, in general, make out sessions in publics a little much like I don't think you should be doing that no matter what age you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you know what, You're getting very conservative in your old age.
Speaker 7: No not.
Speaker 6: I mean, if I'm at a concert and I've had some drinks and my favorite songs on you, I'm gonna be making out with the random guy next to You're.
Speaker 1: A random guy.
Speaker 6: But in Lauren Park, no respect those geese. They're just trying to enjoy them all.
Speaker 1: Time in the pond.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: That is the dirt brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. It is time now for our classic, it's War of the Roses. We do it twice week once seven thirty five on Thursday morning brand new and Tuesday morning at seven twenty. And if you ever miss them, you can find them online on the iHeartRadio act just search War of the Roses Dave Ryan.
Speaker 1: We should do the Sabrita Carpenter keyword, though, first.
Speaker 3: Good good call, Thank you Bailey.
Speaker 2: The keyword this hour or this time is different than it was last time, So enter the keyword please by opening up the iHeartRadio app and then that red microphone while you're streaming, there's one of the only red things on the screen is the red microphone. You tap that, it'll tell you how to record a little voicemail. It's super easy to do, and you basically say the keyword is please, as in her song please Please Please, the keyword is please close it up. That's really all you need to do to win that trip to go to La to see her in concert. War of the Roses right now, brought to you by Ovo, Lasik and Lens on Katie.
Speaker 1: Give you good advice.
Speaker 10: Your social company would never offer you free flowers for a survey.
Speaker 12: It's War of the Roses on Katie WB.
Speaker 2: All right, this is a weird one, you guys on War of the Roses. I'm gonna let her tell the story. But when I saw this email, I'm like, oh my god, I hope we can make this one work out. Peyton, talk to me about your relationship with Caleb and what's going on and why you're here on War of the Roses.
Speaker 11: Oh my, this is so crazy.
Speaker 5: My mom and my boyfriend are a little close, and I'm wondering if maybe they're too close.
Speaker 1: Okay, give me some details.
Speaker 2: What in the world would make you think your mom and your boyfriend of like, you know, like wandered into inappropriate territory.
Speaker 11: So, I mean, we've been together for a while.
Speaker 5: He is over all the time, and at dinners I can tell that she's paying special attention to him. I always thought it was just because she was being polite, but she laughed a little too hard at his jokes, and she does this thing.
Speaker 11: Where she like touches his arm when she laughs, you know.
Speaker 5: So we went to a Mumford and Son's concert not long ago, and the way we were sitting, it was my mom and then my boyfriend Caleb, and then me and I, you know, would be watching the concert, and out of the corner of my eye, it looked like my mom had her hand on Caleb's leg, which that seems crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no kidding, yes, okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: So I would look over and when I.
Speaker 5: Would look, it seemed like she would move kind of quickly.
Speaker 1: So I I pull.
Speaker 3: Her hand away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, her hand away, And so I made it a point to kind of angle myself towards the stage, but to where I could see it a little better. And sure enough, it looked very clearly like she was like like rubbing her hands.
Speaker 2: This is your mother, This is your mother. I will tell you in my family, and I've told you this story before. There is an incident in my family where the mother hooked up with her daughter's husband. I don't know if I've ever told that story before.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, I know that one, but I don't think you ever told that story.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say who.
Speaker 2: But in my family there is a story of somebody who they lived next to each other, and then while daughter was at work, son in law would come over and they would hook up, and I don't know how many times or how long, but then they got caught.
Speaker 1: So I was going to get caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I mean, so, I'm not gonna I'm not saying that it is happening, but if you think that it never happens, it's too outrageous.
Speaker 3: But but she wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Do that right in front of you, I was gonna say, I mean, so, I don't know what did Caleb say you because they had to ask about it.
Speaker 5: I did, I did. I. I asked him about it later and he I said, did my mom put her hand on your high during the concert? And he kind of played it off like no, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, Now that would be suspicious either, Like no, oh, I don't think you'd be like, I don't think so, because if I was sitting next to Susan's mom rip and she put her hand on my leg, I would one hundred percent know that that was her.
Speaker 3: Betty's hand was on my leg.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly. It's either a yes or a no.
Speaker 3: It is a yes or a no. Yeah, But he was like, I'm not sure.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he said, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I'm jumping ahead a little bit. But if we call him and say, hey, we're going to give you roses for taking a survey, He's probably not going to send them to your mother, so that won't work.
Speaker 3: So I don't know unless we called.
Speaker 2: Hmm, if we called your mom and just flat out like astor just like exposer, just like a mom, I want.
Speaker 3: To know what was going on? Are you?
Speaker 2: Is there anything going on with Caleb? Oh a twist, and I think, just by Harrie, are you prepared to do that?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, maybe catching her off guard would at least get her to stumble, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't yeah, it'll catch her off guard. Yeah, you know, some type of tale.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, Well, if you're willing to do it, we can call her and we'll be more than happy to listen in.
Speaker 1: Love is in the air or wait, are those lies? I guess we'll see. I'm part two of War the Roses. I'm Katie WB.
Speaker 2: War the Roses. I don't know that we've ever had this one before. I think we've had like maybe is my sister interested in my boyfriend or something like that. This one involves Peyton, her boyfriend Caleb, and Peyton's mother, and Peyton was telling us a minute ago about how she thinks that is there something weird, like a weird vibe with mom and Caleb because like everything from like she touches his arm. And I had a girlfriend one time whose mom I think she had like a little flirty thing with me, but she was never going to be so inappropriate that she was like.
Speaker 1: Or anything, let alone in front of her right.
Speaker 2: I did have a friend whose girlfriend hit on me one time after he went to work. She was like trying to hit on me, and I'm like, I'm not going to do that because that's my buddy. Yeah, okay, So so Peyton, your mom was what was the show that you were at? So mom's on one side of your boyfriend you're on the other you're watching mom touch his leg. He denied it. He said, no, I don't think so, which was weird that he wouldn't know for sure. And then she laughs a little bit too hard, because that's what people will do if they like somebody, they'll laugh a little bit too hard at their jokes. Long hugs, things like that just kind of a weird vibe. So we decided we can't really call your boyfriend to say who do you want to send flowers to? Because he's never going to send him to Pay's mom. Yeah, you know, like I would like to send those roses to Peyton's mom. So we're just gonna call and let you take it away when she answers the phone if you're ready to do this, So you're going to confront your mom right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, okay, mm hmm, helloy.
Speaker 11: Mom, o.
Speaker 5: Hey yeah, all right, Hey, I I need I need to ask you something.
Speaker 2: Sure that.
Speaker 5: When we went to the concert with Caleb, I thought I saw you touching his legs and I wanted to ask you about that. Were you touching his leg his thigh? I'm sorry, what.
Speaker 9: Were you?
Speaker 5: Were you touching his thigh? Mom?
Speaker 9: Was I touching Caleb's eye? No, I know I would not have been touching. What kind of a question is that?
Speaker 5: It's an honest question.
Speaker 11: I saw you do it several times.
Speaker 5: And you're always like flirting with him, and it's weird and I'm.
Speaker 11: Just to know what something's going on.
Speaker 9: Okay, No, I am not always flirting with your boyfriend. That is not something that I do. I am a grown woman. I am very friendly with your boyfriend. I am very supportive of your relationship. I am not always what would you like me to do? Be a little colder to him? I can't believe what I'm hearing right now. You've got to be Is that too much to ask? I know, because I did not touch his side, that is a ridiculous thing to say. I can't even believe what I'm hearing right now.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 11: I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Speaker 5: Mom. I mean, that's okay, Caleb, that's my boyfriend.
Speaker 11: And you're like all over him.
Speaker 9: No, I'm sorry. I maybe I my hand brushed into him or bumped and you know how crowded it was. That I did not have my hand on his side.
Speaker 2: That's what's better.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it brushed against his side. That's the story you're going.
Speaker 9: To go with.
Speaker 1: Peyton.
Speaker 9: Is anything okay with you? This is like, this is surreal. Are things okay with you and Caleb? Is there something going on between you two that you need to talk about? Because this just seems really miss placed. I'm not part of the equation here. If you are having problems with your relationship and you want to talk about your relationship, I can talk to you about that, But this is like, uh, I don't. I don't even know where you're coming from with this. I'm a little worried about that this would be your perspective of me.
Speaker 5: God, you are gas lighting me right now. I cannot believe you're doing this.
Speaker 9: Okay, So I don't. I don't know what to say to you from here. I'm not gaslighting you, and I wouldn't have anything going on with your boyfriend. That's ridiculous. He's like half my age. So I'm not sure what else to say. But if you want to, I'm sorry. I said, yeah, he is half your age. You're right, So can you leave him alone? Please? Okay? You know what I will change, YEP, I will change the way that he will probably no longer feel welcome in our family or in my home. But if that's what you want, then that's what I'll do.
Speaker 5: Okay, fine, because he was starting to feel a little too welcome apparently with your interactions with him.
Speaker 9: So fine, Okay. It sounds like you do have some kind of an issue though, that you and Caleb maybe need to talk through, so I would recommend that you pick that up with him.
Speaker 5: Sure, you'll always do this, mom.
Speaker 9: Sure.
Speaker 2: It just sounds like from the very years, there's been like a weird, kind of an ugly relationship vibe in this whole war of the roses. Because I don't think I would her. I would never ever be in a position where my kid would wonder if there was something going on. I would make it very clear that there is never anything going on.
Speaker 4: Well, she probably from the way that the mom was talking, it seems like, well, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I haven't done anything wrong.
Speaker 4: So if that's her mindset going into it, then of course she's not going to go into it thinking, well, I've got to be super overtly obvious that I'm not doing anything with her boyfriend, you know.
Speaker 2: True, whose side are you on? Jenny t mom or team I.
Speaker 1: I believe the mom.
Speaker 6: However, I don't think that she was as like empathetic as the mom should have been in that conversation.
Speaker 2: They don't sound really close. Yeah, I'm surprised they went to the concert together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna say they like went to a concert. I feel like that means they must be somewhat close, or she just clos with the boyfriend.
Speaker 8: I don't know what's to me the fact that the boyfriend what's the name, Caleb sat in the middle, Because if I'm you know, my partner and my mom are going, I would sit in the I woulds in the middle. So it seems like Caleb maybe went into it thinking like, oh, yeah, I'm gonna I don't know.
Speaker 2: Mode she is weird right in front of a girl friend. But I believe we've had discussions on this show before where somebody had made out with her boyfriend's dad or something. Doesn't remember that.
Speaker 6: I mean, we've had so many confessions on this show that I feel like, yeah, that probably happened.
Speaker 2: I think it has happened before. And like I said, there's a situation in my family where the mom did hook up with her daughter's husband. That's crazy and got caught. I don't know how long or how many times, but daughter came home from work apparently. Can you imagine the horror of horror? I don't want to And they have not spoken since. And that was that was probably twenty ish years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, you want to ruin your family relationship? Sleep with that? Yeah exactly?
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: This text says Peyton's mom sounds like mine. Are they the same person? The gas lighted in narcissism? Very apparent. The very next text says, mom ain't doing nothing. I'm convinced maybe Peyton is just very insecure. What do you think?
Speaker 1: Well, if somebody had to make her.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, like, she is young, so I think once again, Mom just didn't seem as supportive about her feelings.
Speaker 1: She just kind of was like, whatever is going on? What is the world?
Speaker 3: What in the world would you do?
Speaker 2: I mean, none of you guys are parents, But if you're listening to the show and you're a parent, what would you do if your daughter called and asked you that similar question? If you're guiltless, you'd be like, I don't even know what to say. Yeah, I'm beyond stunned.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you're guilty.
Speaker 4: Once you say that too, you would say the same, Oh, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: Don't get defensive, I think. Then I'd get defensive and like what are you nuts? Are you crazy?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 4: And this mom kind of did both or she's like, I don't know what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 2: War of the Roses Tojia, it was a totally different one. Yeah, you get an idea for War of the Roses, you want to test somebody, send me an email. Ryan Show at KDWB dot com. Jason never looked the way you think they're gonna look. You know, you hear somebody on the radio, and you know, with the magic of social media now, you'd be like, oh, what does he look like anyway? And you look up like Colt from the Afternoon Show, Yeah, and you go, oh, hey, he's a good looking guy, you know what I mean. But then you look up me and you go, well, he sounds like he's got a really good but he sounds handsome. Yeah, And then you look me up and you go, oh God, drop your phone, and then it's one of those things like a jump scare, you know what I mean, where you're watching a little video of a cat, all of a sudden, the cat turns into a monster and lunges at the screen. That's kind of what you do when you see what I look like. But so I'm asking you, if you listen to the show for a while, you've probably been on our social media and you know what we look like. But if you don't know what we look like, would it be fun to have people call in and say, I think Bailey is a tall redhead. She's trying always picture a tall redhead, or Jenny is a short girl with a bob cut.
Speaker 4: I've had people explain like what they assumed we thought or what we looked like before, And I'm going to tell you most of what people imagine me to look like is not very complimentary.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me once.
Speaker 4: When they saw me in like for in real life, they were like, Oh, you're a lot less homely than I thought.
Speaker 10: And now you're.
Speaker 2: Always talking about how plain you are, and I keep telling you you're kind.
Speaker 4: What a weird thing to say to someone's face, like, Wow, you're less homely.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes we give them, give them a little graze. It's kind of like I think, yeah, as people say something that they go, oh, that was so stupid.
Speaker 12: Not nearly as ugly as I thought. You thought you'd be so fat, You're not really that fat at all. Like, so call us at sixty five one nine eight nine kt w be. You're probably new to the show if you don't know what we looked like, because we're really easy to find. But either text us at katib to B one or call six five one nine eight nine ktble to be and tell us what you think we might look like.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to remember because I moved here from Wisconsin to go to the U of M, and Katie w B was the first radio station.
Speaker 1: That I started listening to.
Speaker 6: It was like the only one, honestly, and so I remember you dave like your voice immediately, but I don't know if I ever like had a picture in my head of what.
Speaker 1: You looked like like.
Speaker 6: I think I did my research before I became an intern, so I looked you up online and did all that, so I knew what to expect when I came probably.
Speaker 2: Tall, dark and handsome, and as it turns out that I'm very pale. I have a lot of lot of excess body hair, especially on my neck and pack. Oh and then I have a couple of knife cars from a knife fight.
Speaker 1: From a knife fight.
Speaker 3: So what do you think we look like?
Speaker 12: Let us know, or what did you think we looked like before you saw us exactly?
Speaker 4: I will say, Dave that when I was a kid, my grandpa was a realtor and he had business cards that sat on the dresser, and I always thought that you looked like my grandpa in the picture of his realty business card. And I will say, my grandpa was very handsome. He looked kind of like William Shatner, but bigger.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's.
Speaker 1: What I pictured you as.
Speaker 4: So when I saw you in real life at like Amet's Apple Farm when I was eight, I was like, that's not that's not Dave Ryan. Dave Ryan looks like my grandpa.
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 2: There was a dj when I was growing up and he was my hero and we're good friends to this day. And he I thought, oh, he's about twenty six. He looks like a blonde California surfer dude. He's got blonde, long hair. And then I saw him on TV, and he looked like he was an accountant. And he wasn't unattractive, he just looked like an accountant. Yeah, short goofy nerd hair and nerd glasses.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like you can have a pretty accurate depiction of which you think I look like by my voice. But I think my name those people off because you don't know what vant is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what do you know?
Speaker 3: Right exactly?
Speaker 2: So Ebedy is on the phone, high Abony, Hey, let's talk, Ebony, let's chat for a little bit. What do you think that pick one of us and tell us what you think we look like?
Speaker 10: Honestly, I listening to you for so long, funny, and I was like, I'm literally in my thirties. I just when you are older looking guy with brown hair. But I really like I was telling when I answered through the phone, I was like, I always picture what you guys look like, and I always thought I was I wanted to call him like, no, like Fridays when I do the phone thing, Yeah, hit meant to work to tell you, like to tell you guys like, I just think it's funny, but I have not a clue what any of you guys look like. But I listened to y'all every morning, but I refuse. I refuse to go to y'all Instagram or any of youall pages because I don't want to ruin my experience with our voice.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like if you find out the truth about certain childhood myths and things like that, it's like, oh.
Speaker 9: It's to run it.
Speaker 1: It's like a book.
Speaker 8: It's like opening your games before Christmas because then on Christmas morning there's nothing exciting happening.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so having his baby face because he sounds like so so young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think now I have?
Speaker 2: I have a pleasing radio voice, So you would expect me to kind of look like me be like one of those silver Daddy GQ model, Silver Daddy g.
Speaker 9: I'll be quite going with that one.
Speaker 2: If you picture me as a silver Daddy GQ model, I'd be okay with that.
Speaker 10: I will continue either being semi handsome. But like I said, I've never seen you guys before, and I really feel actually, because I'm not the point into work, I'm still.
Speaker 9: Not gonna look. I always think about looking, but I never do. But it is so funny, you know, funny I'm ever calling in ever listening, and I can't believe I made it tough on the first time, So it's kind of really weird.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you're listening. Evany.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny because we are so accessible everywhere on Instagram, Dave Ryan Bailey on air, Jenny k wb on and Dave Bryan Show you can We're so easily accessible. I admire your strength to not give in to see what we really looked for.
Speaker 9: I really think it's my bad memory out the car. I really forget in the morning.
Speaker 10: I just it's just I'm just to maically come in because I'm like, oh, I got to listen to War of the.
Speaker 9: Roses, gotta you know, name that tomb and all.
Speaker 10: That I'd be they didn't get out the car, and I'm like, who.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you are listening. Have a wonderful day.
Speaker 1: It again all right.
Speaker 2: We got some text message. The question is it's a little bit self serving. Yeah, what do you think that we look like? There's a lot of people that know because we're easy to find. What do you think we look like?
Speaker 4: I was very confident, Dave was very round until I saw Instagram photos someone said, I imagined Bailey looking like Missus Frizzle from.
Speaker 1: Magic School Bus. Yeah that checks out. Uh love y'all. But you're all a lot older than I thought.
Speaker 8: Oh how old did you think I was already?
Speaker 1: I love this?
Speaker 6: Jaxon says, is this segment just secretly Dave looking to get told he's pretty?
Speaker 3: Did you want to tell me I'm pretty? Then tell me I'm pretty?
Speaker 1: It's not secret?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Someone say I always pictured the guy from TMZ before I saw what Dave looked like.
Speaker 2: Oh y, what's the guy from TMZ? Harvey let what's his name?
Speaker 1: Harvey Levin?
Speaker 3: Harvey Levin. Yeah, okay, it's not not even closed. That's not bad.
Speaker 4: This one says I didn't realize Jenny was so hot the same I've always pictured Bailey as having a short Janice Joplin vibe.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I wish that?
Speaker 3: Are you avoiding this one?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: I always thought Bailey would look like Olive oil from the pop Eyes.
Speaker 1: Into It, And honestly, I do kind of look.
Speaker 3: Like from olive oil. But all oil is also kind of hot.
Speaker 4: She's tall too, She's not tall. This was years ago. When I started listening. I thought Dave was about early forties with glasses, chunky and a dark, full head of hair. When Fallon was on, I imagined her looking like a Lane from Seinfeld, which not at all. Neither neither of those things. This person says, I've seen you all so many times that your voices pitch you fit you all perfectly. Now what neighborhood I think you're all from? Bailey seems like a girl from northeast, Jenny seems like a bourbon girl, seems like an uptown guy. And Dave seems like he's worked professional jobs in downtown Minneapolis his whole life.
Speaker 1: Give suburban Yes, you do, give you. I'm sorry, buddy, I love you so much. It's not a bad thing. I want to be a city girl.
Speaker 8: Everybody from the suburbs is like, hey, Jenny.
Speaker 4: This text says I always imagined Dave as a Minnesota Adam Carolla. I think that's kind of accurate, Adam Corola.
Speaker 3: I can't picture what he looks like.
Speaker 4: He's I mean, he's a white man with brown hair. Okay, so yeah, you're like that. This one says I always thought Dave was taller and bulkier until I saw him in person.
Speaker 1: Was a lot more petite than I expected. I'll take Patita your dainty bait.
Speaker 3: I am petit.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't have been losing that weight with Livy Awake Control Centers and working out at Snaphit. Let's get on twenty one inch biceps though, which surprises a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I got the big guns.
Speaker 1: You made that up? Yeah, I think you made that up, buddy. It's just about it all the time.
Speaker 6: At this point, I do believe him.
Speaker 4: This one says I was surprised at what Rich looked like when I saw him on the Shine Shineedown cruise. Yes, he seemed like he would have short hair and be in shape and typical, you know, boss guy. And then I see him and he's got long hair and glasses and kind of a hippie.
Speaker 1: He's got his hair since then.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say he does look a little bit different now, and Rich is in shape. That man runs like six miles every more now.
Speaker 8: Anytime he's on our show, he's on the tread. But I remember a lot of people did say that when they saw him at and name any of our events.
Speaker 1: They've been like, oh, that's Rich.
Speaker 6: People think that, like radio DJs and people on the radio sound like so much more professional than what we are. When it comes down to it, we're wearing like a plain T shirt from Target and jeans.
Speaker 2: Person I impose a dress code here, like guys gotta wear a tie and get guys wear a tie and women have to wear a business suit.
Speaker 1: I have plenty of course you do business. Are they colorful? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like this one.
Speaker 2: We were talking about what you think we look like, and we'll stop this in a minute because it's very self serving. I thought Dave looked like a mix a big Hoss from Pond Stars and Simon Cowell.
Speaker 1: You know, you do kind of look like Simon Cowell. I feel like you're in the same bracket.
Speaker 2: When when when I was younger, Yeah, and I had a little bit more hair and I could spike it up, I did look a little bit more like Simon.
Speaker 1: K Yeah, Like his hair is honestly grayer than yours.
Speaker 4: So if you just turned his hair brown and you guys stood next to each other, I'd be like, yeah, they could be related.
Speaker 2: So, because when we were watching Newmerican Idol and its early days, Allison was like nine, and she's like, you look Simon looks like Daddy and I'm like, I'll take that, sure, take that gladly. All right, it's one on one point three Katie w If you want to see what we look like, we're all over Instagram or social media, Facebook, Dave Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: If you are curious, and we're.
Speaker 1: On Dave Ryan TV right now live on YouTube, you will see us every morning. Yeah, but those don't really do.
Speaker 6: Bailey and I justice we have the worst cameras, so don't judge us base off the YouTube.
Speaker 1: I'm prettier in real life.
Speaker 3: I swear you're kind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ebony is not going to go Look so we are good there, all right, minutes away from the next Sabrina Carpenter key word, uh, and we're gonna get into vaunt stirs the pot in a second. But right now it looks like a quick daily Bailey. And then we'll get right into the keyword. Let's do this