Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassaying for Dodger Talking.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are closing out this road trip and what a wild win for the Dodgers last night the bullpen finding a way to gut it out to get the job done. Alex Vessia was one of those guys last night. Thanks a lot for the time, and I'm glad this is after a win.
Speaker 1: Uh yes, yes, me too. Yeah. I did my fair share of making it interesting. Uh not super ideal, but hey, you know we uh not not every audience is going to be perfect. And you know, putting up a zero in that spot, you know, it felt like, you know, did my job and we got the win.
Speaker 2: So I got to ask you about your twin, Jack Dryer. A lot of people believe that Jack Dryer is the Alex Vesi a twin in that bullpen. What can you say about the job he did in the tenth inning?
Speaker 1: That was that was really cool. He's we we we might throw, we might be left handed, we might throw the vert ball, but you know, we are very much different. The way he goes about his business very much analytical data. You know, he loves his iPad and for him to go out there and also the double playball that was super cool. But I mean that was that was a really really good play and you know, super proud of him. He's he's grown a bunch, you know, and you know, Doc, Doc trusts him, and yeah, it's been it's been great to watch him, you know, just kind.
Speaker 2: Of blossom when we look at you guys, your major leaguers at the top of your game. But to have a moment like that for Jack Dryer, how much does that boost his confidence moving forward?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I would I would say it definitely boosts his confidence. I know, he's he's a pretty confident guy. Uh, you know, day in and day out, but you know, to go out there in the tenth and the you know, in the you know, we we lost seven in a row, and you know, with all the you know, outside noise, right for him to keep his head down, still attack, you know, one pitch at a time, one out at a time. You know, adversity was definitely against him yesterday with you know, run around second base no oubts. He managed it great, you know, and I give him a lot of credit. So he did an awesome job yesterday.
Speaker 2: Alex Bessi as our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I got to ask you this, How would you describe your season? How has it been for you? The grind of this season?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I I would say, I'm I'm pretty proud of of myself for this season, for how I'm I'm going about my business. To not get too too far into it, but you know, it's been tough, right The what I've had to face off the field has not been easy, you know, So I do give myself a lot of credit going out giving it my all, you know, pitching and you know, performing the way I have. Obviously, you know, we can nitpick and be very critical of you know, a bunch of different analytics stuff. But I feel like when I go out there, I'm confident and I'm giving my team the best chance to win, you know, and whatever Doc needs of me, whether that's one out, two out, or three outs. You know, him and I have a great relationship, and you know, I definitely I'm proud of myself so far. We have about forty four more games left, yeah, you know, and I'm just looking forward to kind of soaking that all in, you know, at the end of the year. You know, I'm hoping to have a third ring, you know, and and after that, I don't know where life will take me.
Speaker 2: On a day like today, where you go out there and you work on mechanical issues. How about this guy? You like this guy of Vessio, Terrek Schoogle. You like this guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely, guys a dog already. I'm looking forward to having him out at Dodger Stadium for his first start. That's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: It will be beautiful. But on a daylight today for alex Vesia, you go out and work on some mechanical stuff. What is that? Relievers don't have that opportunity to work on that kind of stuff because you have to pitch almost every game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, the goal is always to be ready to go, to be available every day. The way I go by my routine, the way I go about you know, my catch play, and how I go about my business doing my like we call it side work on the on the mound. You know, it doesn't really change whether I had a good outing or a bad outing. It is very much the same day in and day out. So you know, the routine is what I stick towards, and I feel like it's given me a really good chance to perform day in and day out. And you know, yeah, like I said, this is you know, we got forty something games left and you know, now it's time to start clicking them off. And it's gonna be nice to get back home. I feel like we've been on the road forever. So yeah, to have you know, like a week at home, it's gonna be really nice.
Speaker 2: All right, Bessia, thanks a lot for the time. You're very gracious, and I love all the little kids, all the lot of Dodger fans really appreciating you, because middle relievers don't get a lot of love, but certainly Dodger fans love you.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's been it's been awesome. I can't give the fans enough, you know love back. It's definitely been been really nice this year. And you know, all I want to do is make the you know, kids smile. And you know, if I wave at them sign up baseball, it's you know that does that warms my heart too, So I don't take it for granted.