Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A M five to seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While the longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papada, Gus terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papada, Gus and Matt money Smith and co.
Speaker 2: Condition everything everything everything. You see your father, then you see me, You'll feel.
Speaker 3: Me y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Welcome back, everybody. It's Petro Send Money on AM five seventy LA Sports. Don McClain, Yes, Don McClair, The Snake Killer is here. What do you got going this weekend? Don tell the people.
Speaker 4: I have on the heels of USC's performance last night, which wasn't good, although lost, it's really more about how good Illinois is. But I have the Oregon Ducks rolling into town to play the Trojans at one o'clock on Saturday. Not a good year in Eugene.
Speaker 2: Tell that Pa guy, he's a fraud. It's not good for any although he's probably been at it longer than this point. But it's what four teams out here that just can't even get a foothold in the West, that are in the Big ten. Every time they go anywhere, they get their ass kicked us. He just tells about I mean, we're having a tough time well right now.
Speaker 4: As of right now today, SC and UCLA are both in the tournament, in the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 2: It so it's not a it's not a comment. I don't have a problem if you disagree with me. But you did raise your voice right there, I could did you raise your voice at me? I don't know why. It's funny. I mean, Kate's right here, everybody sees it. So what if you think them some punk eats Lancing reporter, Don, then you can just roll over me. We got Clippers tonight versus the Nuggets because the student section chanting, I.
Speaker 3: Could give a rats ass about the other team students overall the way that I would like to give you.
Speaker 2: Kudos, Don, kudos for.
Speaker 3: The worst question I've ever been asked, did you like you should take it? Do you really think I care about the other tut?
Speaker 2: You are there? You are, yeah, dude, yes you were.
Speaker 3: Everybody's standing here listening to you. Everybody this is on camp you. I answered the question. I could give a rat's ass about the other team, students section. Everybody's I coach LA, I don't have that mission of state students.
Speaker 2: Who cares in money? Showy. That is a dumb ass question, though you know there's no doubt. There is no doubt, and that is why Mick did say kudos. That is the worst question I've ever been asked, although it did bring back memories to Ronnie versus Don McClain. Another moment where somebody who in the media just liked that guy that asked the question. You don stuck your hand in the furnace and god burn writing shotgun for the next couple of days.
Speaker 4: Wait, Ronnie, how is the state allowed to have two official songs?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Don, That's that's what I read. What's the other one? I don't know and didn't care. It's immaterial for this particular segment of the show. It's still funny. You're raising your voice at me. God, I love the anger. I love the aggression. Anyway, a big thank you to David Vassy. He's still out of Camelback Ranch. We'll be back on tomorrow at three o'clock. But the first spring training game here already, Yeah, on am FI seventy. Usually they started earlier the last couple of years. This year they don't have to go to Japan or Korea. It's on Saturday versus the Sarah's first pitch at twelve ten. We're all looking forward to that. It is now time for the final hour fun fast. Yeah, we're three fast. Fun fact brought to you by the Concordia University at Irvine Masters in Coaching and Administration program. You can still sign up right now, right Kates, right now at CUI dot edu for the spring program CUI dot edu slash Coaching. You know, you could you know what might not hurt you to further your education a little bit, Don, Maybe you learn a few tricks there when you're talking to those number one draft picks. You know, probably a little bit at Lutheran, uh, probably a little two down the road for any new trips to set in your ways, Don, I wouldn't say that. You know, you're never too old to change. Look at the Christmas care with old Ebenezer screwge he changes ways, remember tiny Tim, Yeah yeah, I remember that. All right, don't get mad you raise your voice. You know you did it? Was you? All right? Don uh, this is I don't care about. I'm there, you are, I'm you. Guys ever find out like what his what? What his affiliation is that I explained this at at length yesterday. Nobody wanted to hit here. Well, this is what I'm trying to explain, like, and you know this because you work the Big ten now. And I've done three Michigan State games in the last two seasons, all in Michigan, one in a Ford Field and too at East Lansing, and I know how to research for a game and whatever. It's collegeotball, so it's a longer time to get ready and all that. I have never seen so many people covering a bad team. And yeah, that's what I'm saying. And this is just Michigan State football, so imagine what it is like. There's the Spartan podcast, the sword Cock podcast, the you know they have. I mean, it is endless, So it could have been any of those idiots and even Pete. They treat like I had Illinois last night. There was Illinois beat Riders there. Yeah, multiple, I go on a lot. Yeah, it's a whole like I knew everything I never needed to know about a bad football team leading up to any Michigan stole. Oh that guy's pretty because you get all ready for you. You're like, oh, look at this guy. He runs this on a hunter, this and that all they're down forty okay uh Anyway, the fun fact is about Glendale, Arizona. Don Cammel back Ranch is in Glendale. That's relevant because that's been there. It's where the Dodgers have spring training. Did you enjoy it, Don? Yeah, So we're doing Arizona fair fun facts. There is a great community college in Glendale, Arizona is known as Glendale Community College Glendale CC, home of the Gauchos. The Gauchos opened in nineteen sixty five. The most famous alum of the Gauchos ever a guy named Vince Fernier or Fernier real name Alice Cooper. Oh yeah, actually Vince Fernier is the real name. How do you come up with Alice Cooper out of Vince Vernier. He was really into horror and like campy, over the top kind of B movie stuff. Okay, so I think it comes from that Alice Cooper. Yeah, like the rocky horror and some gender bending vibe rock and roll action, all the stuff Dawn's into. I don't know, Harry Don, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, all right, Harriet Johnson was already read why don't you ask?
Speaker 2: God? Are you raising your voice at me? God'm just so tired of being confused?
Speaker 3: You are?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are? Where did you come up with that? I don't know, but it wasn't a Glenndale's CC. It's time for the freaking quickts god ms quickets. I'll make it quick, y'all. Oh yeah, another day of workouts a cable back ranch. Don You said you've been there? I have.
Speaker 4: They used to actually do a really cool thing that you'd go out there with your team and they'd have tournaments around spring training, so you got to play games and then go to the spring training games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my kids cool enough to get invited when all the cool kids went and did that? Done? Okay, Sorry, we did fight out that. Gj Oshinobu Yamamoto will start Saturday's Cactus League opener, But it looked like everybody else was having fun. I went aware of a great time. I am aware of the super time. Dad, Why don't I give? I don't know. Versus the Angels, Yoshi's gonna pitch. Also expect Freddy Freeman, Will Smith, Ti, Oscar hernandez Andy Pai Haz in the lineup. Kyle Tucker is likely to be in Sunday's lineup. We got that game too on the station. Lakers are thirty three and twenty one, fifth seed in the West Dawn. They're off until Friday when they take on the Clippers. And Lon Rosen, a tall, ominous man. He's been the executive vice president of the Dodgers since twenty twelve is now the Lakers president of Business Ops. So does that mean he's not doing the Dodgers anymore? I suppose so. Rosen? Who was why I saw this? I saw this riding on the wall. When Tim Harris stepped down the other day, I said, here comes uncle Lawn to fill that gap. He was once Magic John since agent moves from the Dodgers to the Lakers to run business ops. In four months under Mark Walter's ownership, the Lakers longtime business operations head, multiple scouts, and the two bus brawls, not to mention Linda Rambis and Kurt and park Ass. Kurt are all out. But you know what, all the people that left got paid. Yeah they got paid in a hurry, Yeah they did, don But what about their identity? You know, what about the greatness of working for the Lakers, That thing that made them hold their head up so much higher than any other person that works for any other NBA team in the world or a team.
Speaker 4: Seems like a different time in this world and in professional basketball.
Speaker 2: So I believe you're correct. The Clippers are twenty six and twenty eight, holding on to the ten seed in the OSA. They host the Denver Nuggets tonight. Tylu was asked at practice yesterday about how much Kawhi Leonard will be used while they get Darius Garland back and the roster to full strength.
Speaker 5: He's at his minutes, you know, he's on his minutes. So we just can't overdo it, you know. So, like I said, we're smart about it. We know we just can't run him into the ground. As much as he wants to play more and do more, Like we just know that, you know, that load. We just can't continue to do it night in the night out, and so it'd be some nice where almost a little bit more than others.
Speaker 3: But for the most part, you know, we want to make sure we're safe from him.
Speaker 2: Hey, don you got it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Any thoughts, Well, it's just going back over the years and how they've done this every year and protecting his load and how long he plays and all that. It just seems to have never worked out. So I don't know why the Clippers are still in the business of preserving Kawhi Leonard's career and lengthening it when they haven't really gotten anything out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not just burn that candle right now? Right see where it takes you. I don't I don't get it. But tanking has been a big topic in the NBA. Last week, two teams were fine for sitting players. Mark Cuban had something to say about it. Today, Phoenix Sun's owner Matt Ishbia sounded off on the issue of tanking in the NBA, calling it a losing behavior done by losers who lose and much worse. I added that last lose much worse than any prop bet scandal. This is ridiculous. Tanking is losing behavior done by the super losers who are real losers. Ishbia wrote, purposely losing is something nobody should want to be associated with. Embarrassing for the league and for the organizations, and to talk about this as a strategy strategy is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: But what's funny is is if you notice everyone tank, you know what, last week or the week before is a huge topic on tanking, and because guys were sitting people and it looked like they were intentionally trying to lose. So once everybody started talking about it, now teams are just shutting their players down for the season. Instead of it looking like they're trying to you know, pull pull, put him in and take him out, they're just shutting him down for the year.
Speaker 2: So same thing. So Ishbia is a hypocrite. No, I'm not saying him.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying teams that were being accused of tanking and were being talked about were kind of you.
Speaker 2: Know, there's more than one way to end up in the tank exactly.
Speaker 4: So what I'm saying now, just shut him down and nobody can say they always hurt for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: Oh they're not tanking. You just got hurt. Yeah, what do you want us to do? Lebron's got siantica? Have you ever had it? Yeah, some form of it. Yeah. I don't wish that on anybody.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: UCLA has five regular season games left on the schedule. The Bruins will host number ten ranked Illinois, and you know they don't seem too formidable Saturday, five pm at Polly Don will be over at sc Mick Cron in his schedule to talk to the media tomorrow morning, and don't read too much into it. It's his normal day before the game media scrub to talk about the matchup. But don't raise your voice, do not there, you are there, you are over under.
Speaker 7: And how many TV cameras show up tomorrow because usually it's Ben Bolch, the guy from the website Brewer Report and maybe the Daily Brewer.
Speaker 2: Is it in Champagne? No, it's in Paulie tomorrow, PAULI. I mean, you're gonna But they were just in Michigan. Why don't they just go over to Champagne because it's a two game road trip, all right? Fine? Over under TV cameras, fine, I would say, because it's la oh yeah more than five Okay, good call. That's what I was. It was in Champagne. Yep, it's kind of out in the middle of nowhere. Kansas guard Darren Peterson is believed to be the number one pick of the twenty twenty six draft, but last night another incident with Peterson. He checked out of the game three minutes into the second half. He has now missed fifteen games with injuries and flew. He's left three games early. Here is Bill self after the game.
Speaker 6: Well, we've had it more than a couple of times, and I didn't anticipate that tonight at all. I thought he was good to go. But obviously we only got eighteen minutes out of him, and you know, that's disappointing because he could have had a really big night. But but you know, one thing about it is we've we've we've it's happened often enough that our guys have learned to play without him, even though that's not the way we want to play. But that's certainly something that we're not unaccustomed to.
Speaker 4: There was a lot of NBA scouts at the Illinois USC game last night to watch Keaton Woggler from Illinois, who's a really great college basketball story rated like one hundred and fiftieth in the country, and now he's leading Illinois and scoring, could be Big Ten Player of the Year as a freshman, has rocketed up a draft boards. And then gil Gilbert Arena's kids Elijah, So there was a lot of scouts there to watch that. But Peterson came up and he was squarely in the conversation to be the number one pick in the Springs Draft.
Speaker 2: Not anymore. Why doesn't he want to play? He's trying to protec. I don't know, but like I said, so hard to get basketball players to play basketball.
Speaker 4: I don't understand. I think he's just showing enough to try and preserve himself so that you know, I don't know. He'd have been better off just not playing at all this year. He still might have been in the running for being the number one pick.
Speaker 7: Got three biggest games this year. He hasn't played it exactly. The Arizona game he had flu like symptoms right after warm ups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he he is. Maybe he's having anxiety attacks.
Speaker 4: I don't know what he has, but no one's gonna spend or use a number one pick on that.
Speaker 2: Do you think Bill self will be able to solve this he's a good coach. Solve it. He would have already solved it. Here's frustration.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a couple of weeks ago, he's like, oh, you know, we're not worried about Darren's gonna be okay. Now he's like, well, we're used to both of you guys are ganging up on me and we're raising our bar.
Speaker 2: What do you what? I was going to say, next? You are? You are? I'm gonna talk to Brian Long. Women's hockey team USA rallies late with the late goal and the third period to tie it, and then Megan Keller with the game winner in overtime. USA wins gold with a two to one overtime win over Canada. This is the one time every four years that everybody gets geeked up about women's hockey.
Speaker 7: M hmm and curling and curling. Are we done with the curling stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, don come on, everybody's into it. Nod. Look, me and my wife could do that. Oh, it's like pickleball. Everyone's going to be curling. Now you got to find a place to curl. Yeah. Crazy. Tomorrow's semifinals of men's hockey at five am, Canada versus Finland and US versus Slovakia.
Speaker 7: If Canada and the US advanced to the gold on Sunday, I might get up. Really honestly, what's happen? Because I was six am? Five am, and you know, because there's gonna be some haymakers.
Speaker 2: In that game I'm here for. Yeah, well, couldn't you just record it? Like first thing, you don't look at your phone, just flip it on.
Speaker 4: What if I what if I wake up at four fifty, get the TV on and get the beers going right away?
Speaker 2: Oh, just so by the time it's five am, you're just riled and by six fifteen you'd be back. I missed a third period.
Speaker 7: But what so, there's no fighting in Olympic hockey, Petros, you can't do it.
Speaker 2: It's frowned upon. It's not a lot. What about that French guy that beat up the Canadian.
Speaker 7: Man that was retaliatory. You can't do that. You can't fight, You're not supposed to. You get suspended for a game. But they're gonna fight.
Speaker 2: Dude. Yeah, it's a final game. What are you gonna do? Suspend me? I'm the Kachuck Brothers. Yeah, that's like he had to Rocky five when that guy says, punch me, I'll sue you, and Rocky says, sue me for what broke the Chicago Bears. You know, what a day for Matt to be on tour?
Speaker 4: Huh? Interesting to me real quick? Since you mentioned the Bears, it was kind of it. We talked about it on the air last night. Caleb Williams showed up. Oh yeah, but here's what's interesting. So he's there obviously played at USC, so there's USC fans, but they're playing Illinois. Oh yeah, and there was probably five thousand Illinois fans there and they're all Bears people, and they're all Bears fans, so he was getting from both sides last night.
Speaker 2: Nice. Wait a second.
Speaker 7: You said there was five thousand Illinois fans there last.
Speaker 2: Night, four or five thousand? Oh my god.
Speaker 4: They all traveled, tim all of Illinois, Michigan, Michigan, Perdue, they all traveled.
Speaker 2: Why l and travel basketball like? That was half his hands in orange for the Alina and the other half I didn't see his hands. But thanks for the reporting. You knew you were coming in. I didn't.
Speaker 4: It wasn't on my list. Some things to check out Caleb Williams hands well, the best time I will they could be leaving the state of Illinois. Indiana lawmakers in the state House Ways and Means Committee unanimously approved an amendment to Indiana State Bill twenty seven by a vote of twenty four to nothing on Thursday night that would clear the path for the Chicago Bears to build a stadium in Hammond, Indiana.
Speaker 2: That is where Matt Smith is born and raised. Would they change the name? No, I mean it's right over them. I mean it's like, okay, but it's not Chicago. No. But the New York Jets play in New Jersey, and so the New York Giants. The bill would create the Northwest Indiana Stadium Authority, with the power to issue bonds acchoir land and finance construction for the stadium. The area they are looking at, in particular is called Wolflake ooh, not that place where you get batchelism Wolf Lodge, which crosses the Illinois Indiana border along Interstate ninety.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure they'll be able to find some land out there for a stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think that's going to be a problem. Chicago's southeast side and in Hammond in the northwest Indiana. It's around twenty five minutes south of Soldier Field, so it's not really far from uh. I mean, it's all kind of right there, but I would imagine that Indiana is probably an easier place to do business than modern day Illinois. Yes, that's all I agree. Thank you, Don, thanks for being here. Good luck, appreciate that. Good luck at USC. Let us know if you see anybody out there. Yeah, good game tonight. Thanks, light work right, We'll be back with more tomorrow at three to finish off the week on a prov Man Friday. Don't worry, Matt's not going to come back to the West Coast anytime soon. He's going to be at the Combine. Where's he at to this, He's still on a tour on tour to me Rogers each frid Day.