Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning and we've got second date update. It's that time brought to you by Flavors of the Peninsula, going April twenty third through May second. Perfect for a first date, or a date night, or a solo date. Curated menu, special pricing. Make your reservation at the San Francisco Peninsula dot com. Let's get Trevor on the phone.
Speaker 2: Trevor, you there, Hey, Marcus, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Hey man, good morning. Let's talk about your date because I know. So what we're gonna do is we're gonna try to get her on the phone. I understand she's ghosted. Let's try to figure some things out, but roll it out for me. So you met at Lisa online, and then what did you guys do?
Speaker 2: We decided to meet up for the first time. Just got some dinner in Walnut Creek. Okay, everything felt great. You know, we conversed really well. There were a lot of jokes, lots of laughing, and nothing felt like wrong. Everything felt natural, nothing forced kind of a thing. Would you guys talk about a bunch of stuff? Really talked about our work, travel. I mean we were talking for a while, like nearly like we were there nearly two hours.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting for that one person to say to me, Oh, you know, politics, religion, the husu.
Speaker 2: Nothing too divisive the first day, you know, you.
Speaker 1: Know, mostly mostly about our exes.
Speaker 2: No, it was all natural stuff. Yeah, sure, okay, it was a good time. Yeah, nothing inappropriate to I mean, it ended well, Like I said, it was like two hours. It ended with a we should definitely do this again sometime soon. Yeah, we hugged. You know, I tried to reach out the next day even and I haven't heard anything from her in a while.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: How many times have you reached out like like a couple, couple like I would, I would give it some space, you know.
Speaker 2: I reached out the next day and then gave it another day to text again. Okay, I think it's it's been like three or four times at this point.
Speaker 1: And well, let me call options. So we're going to call at least and figure out why she ghosted. Go ahead and meet your phone so you can listen in. Here we go. Hello, Hi, is this Elase?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: At least it's Marcus calling from Star one three? How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Hi, Hey, surprise.
Speaker 1: Hey girl, surprise. We're doing we're doing second date update right now? Do you do you listen to the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I love this show. It's great. I never thought i'd be honest though.
Speaker 1: Right here we are, Should I bring Trevor on now or later?
Speaker 3: I'd be oh, right, Trevor, Trevor you there? Yep?
Speaker 2: The hair market?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: I figured since she listens every morning, we might as well. You know, So Trevor's feeling ghosted. Doug you a lot. We were pretty convinced. We listened to me. He was pretty convinced you're gonna get a second date. And I'm wondering if you ghosted, and if so, did he do something wrong?
Speaker 3: Well? The actual date was great.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I liked Trevor. I do.
Speaker 1: He's right that you can talk to him directly. It's fine. I'll be right here.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's awkward.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, Trevor, you're a great guy. You're really funny, You're really easy to talk to. There weren't any red flag until the very end, when the check came. The server had asked how we want to handle it, and you immediately said let's split it. And you know, normally that wouldn't be a big deal. But this is a first date. We met online. You know, I had only ordered an appetizer and water, where you had a lot more food and like cocktails and desserts, And I just was wondering if you might catch on to the fact that you had so much more and you're asking me to split the bill, which is like paying for all of your stuff.
Speaker 1: Did you say anything like in the moment?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't because for the same reason I haven't responded, Like I didn't want to make a scene. I wanted to keep the vibe normal. I mean, I really did have fun, but you know, but internally it just changed everything for me. Okay, here's the thing. I always order light on the first date. This is like on purpose because it's my way of checking self awareness, Like I have to protect myself online dating's rough. You know, it's not about money. It's just I want to see if a guy notices the imbalance without being told.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm lost.
Speaker 2: What notices the imbalance?
Speaker 3: Like a test?
Speaker 2: So like, is that what this was?
Speaker 3: If it's not a test, it's like a filter. It's like something I have to do to weed out the guys who don't pay attention, Like paying attention is really important to me.
Speaker 2: What you're describing, in my eyes at least, is literally a test, And I don't even think that's fair since you didn't even say anything. It's not fair to me that I didn't know I was taking this test if you don't communicate it.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to have to say anything. I was hoping you'd be able to read the situation and figure it out to address it.
Speaker 2: Just be an adult and use your words and communicate.
Speaker 3: Look, I am trying to be an adult here. I tried to not make a scene and keep everything normal, and I just know what I want, and it's not someone like you who can't read what the room. This is not a game.
Speaker 2: It certainly seems like a game, but what you're describing is a game that you're trying to play with me and who knows however many other guys you're playing it with. Okay, you know what. I didn't realize this was a situation.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm just trying to find a guy, and I expect the same.
Speaker 1: This is devolving quick.
Speaker 2: Clearly we haven't even gotten to the fact that you ghosted me. But clearly you're too high maintenance for me, So i'm out.
Speaker 3: Oh you're clearly it's not a match.
Speaker 1: Okay, then why are we here? Hang on, you guys, hang on?
Speaker 2: Wow, all right.
Speaker 1: Second date update