Speaker 1: The quest for the three feat has begne.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 3: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: Here we go again. We're going to read to running.
Speaker 4: Back to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Here's your host, David Vaseast.
Speaker 2: Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vase live at Dodgers Stadium. After the Dodgers walk it off against the Royals five to four in ten innings. We have phone lines open at eight six, six, nine, eight seven two five seventy. Jose Moto will check in at eleven fifteen. In a moment, we'll head downstairs to hear from Blake Snell, who had a dominant return. That's the best way to describe been a dominant return to the mound after not pitching since undergoing that nanoscope procedure from doctor Elatrogh. He comes back six innings, ten strikeouts, one earn run. We'll also get to the Dodgers' bullpen. Trust tree. Where's your trust tree at right now? Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy plus you'll hear from Dalton Rushing. We had a chance to catch up with Rushing for the first time since going on the il with that strained UCL. But hey, before we get to all that, I just gotta ask you. I know we hear about the NBA and team's tanking. Tonight was the royal seventy second loss of the year. And I understand there's one out in the bottom of the tenth inning and the winning run is ninety feet away in sho Hao Tani. But if I had to choose between pitching to Kyle Tucker or Mac Monsey with the game on the line, the winning run ninety feet away, I'm going Monsey nine out of the ten times. And there were some questionable managing decisions from the Royals dugout this side, and I think that was the most questionable. And I know people are tweeting out me. There was one no you could go to four so tot any base or double play. Yeah, I get it, I get it. But Max Monsey in that situation, I don't care what he's hitting. I'm taking Max Munsey, He's been in that situation countless times.
Speaker 1: I think he can get.
Speaker 2: The ball in the air to score Otani. It doesn't need to be a grand Slam, it doesn't need to be a base hit. He was going to get the ball in the air to score Otani, and I felt like in the beginning part of that at bat, Monsey was trying to hit a grand Slam, and then he recalibrated and on a two to two pitch was able to hit the ball over a drawn in outfield, and that was the right call.
Speaker 1: That was their only chance to.
Speaker 2: Try to throw out Otani in a bang bang type of play. But yeah, I mean, I was shocked that you would intentionally walk Kyle Tucker to face, maximunth. See, I don't care what the situation is. I'm pitching a Tucker all day long, and the Royals paid for it. They lose five to four tonight in ten innings. And Seth Halverson, who's a very interesting arm the Dodgers acquired from the Rockies, was throwing one hundred miles an hour. He has a big arm, but obviously needs some refinement. He told me before today's game. Connor McGinnis the Dodgers pitching coach alongside Mark Pryor. But Connor McGinnis already had started to show salth Haverson some different things, and he said he's been trying it in the bullpens and off a flat ground and it already felt great. And that translated when it counted the most in the ten thinning. So congratulations to Seth Halverson putting the pressure cooker in the tenth thinning and delivers a scoreless inning to pick up his first win as a Dodger in extra innings five to four. The Dodgers win it in ten. It's their sixth walkoff win of the year. Max Smuntsey has two of those walkoff hits. Dalton Rushing has two of those walkoff hits as well. Eight six, six, nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number? All right, before we hear from Blake Snell, I'll just ask you this question. Coming into this homestand in the first two games of this series, if I asked you who is going to pitch better and who was going to dominate, was it going to be Ter Skooble or was it going to.
Speaker 1: Be Blake Snell.
Speaker 2: Well, it turned out that Blake Snell was the one that dominated and look he he's It's incredible what he did tonight. But it just shows again how talented Blake Snell is and at his best there is nobody better, including Trek Scuble. We saw that in October last year. Trek Scuoble has two and a half really good pitches, and he's a great competitor, and he's available or has been available more than Blake Snell. The only challenge for Snell in his career is his availability, which is number one. But when he's available and he's on the mound, I would take him as the best lefty and all of baseball, and that includes Tarrek Scuble, And that's nothing to take away from Schooble. Just s Nell is has four elite pitches, and tonight he came out firing ninety six, was sitting ninety six, was using his curveball. And I had told you that That's the one thing Snell expressed to me the most, the range of motion he now has after undergoing that nanoscope on his left elbow. It's given him more range of motion to be able to snap his curveball and to get it where he wants it. He'd been always searching for the curveball the last year and a half and he couldn't understand why until he realized after surgery, A, I can feel my fingertips again, and B I have more range of motion than I ever had before. And you saw that on display tonight. The fastball, the curveball played off that ninety six and the Royals were talking to themselves going back to the dugout and that's never a good sign for an offense, but a great sign for the pitcher.
Speaker 1: And look, Blake, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Saying I was coming into this game tonight thinking Snell was going to strike out ten and six innings, But that's a great sign for the Dodgers moving forward. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from Snell Zilla on sports and at LA.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 5: I felt like Atlanta helped me a lot, just with how it fell, the results. Pretty frustrating to have that as my only start and then I have to rehab go through all that to come back. So yeah, I just had a lot of information from that game that helped me with this one on what I want to do differently and how I wanted to start so I'm definitely happy that I was more aggressive, more in the zone, and more just in control of my emotions for being the first one back you just.
Speaker 4: Seeing how you were able to execute your pitches, though, I mean, you told me the other day how good the elbow in your shoulder feel right now? Was it telling to you about just seeing the shape of your pitches, how they were coming out, how you're executing, just being with I imagine a little bit extra adrenaline today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was more calm than I thought I was going to be, so that was good. But the curve ball is like finally coming back to how like I remember it being. It was always a pitch that was a wipeout I could throw it, but now I'm finally releasing it where I need to release it, and I'm kind of releasing everything in the same slot out in front. So I'm happy with it. Just got to get ahead on Bobby. What if I get ahead there? I like my odds and that it bad, but I mean overalled it. There was a lot of weak contact and commanded his own Yeah, really well.
Speaker 2: But you're located a fastball as a lot of early What does that do with that open everything? Else up for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the reason why I'm good is the fastball. That's really good characteristics and I'm able to locate it where I want.
Speaker 1: And when I'm able to do.
Speaker 5: That makes everything a lot a lot better. And then you know, not being predictable helps as well. But being able to locate the fastball, I thought I did pretty good. I think I could be a lot better, but yeah, definitely for game one, I'm I'm happy with that.
Speaker 6: You talked about how good you've been feeling coming back and how excited you were to try to pitch really well the rest of the way. I mean could come out and strike out the side of the first and then just put together back kind of start like a validating that kind of how you were feeling coming into this, both kind of physically inventory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the biggest thing was just being aggressive, being his own attack. I know how good my stuff is, so I didn't want to just be nibbling and then you know, complaining like, oh, let's just starting that. I didn't want to do any of that again like I did in Atlanta, so or reverse Atlanta, and then yeah, to strike out the side is good, but it's just keeping the pace, keeping the VLO where I needed to be, feeling strong, Like, those things mattered a lot to me. So to be able to do that for six innings and feel like I had more left, I'm excited about that.
Speaker 7: And I was earlier rehab that you felt good, But it's impossible to replicate a major league environment in those settings. Being back at Dodger Stadium, how much more did that help? With the execution, with being aggressive and all those.
Speaker 5: Exaltly helped a lot, because that was difficulty. Like you're throwing the ball and you're like curveball and it's like change up, and you're like change up as a slider. You're like, I don't even know what I'm doing. So to have that start and be that frustrated pitching knowing that I can't throw anything that I want with any shape, to be able to come here and just pitch and know like I could throw a curveball where I want, whenever I want, and a fastball and I felt way better. But Salt Lake was so difficult. Oh my god. If I played in Salt Lake growing up, I don't know if I'd be here today, I promise you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That was his last rehab start.
Speaker 2: A lot of pitchers have said Salt Lake City is not the ideal place to pitch. So take notice, major League Baseball, if you're thinking about expansion out there. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. You heard what Snell said. He told you what he's been telling me about the curveball, about the extension. And it played out tonight. And I loved when he was on the attack from pitch one. And can you believe that was the first time in what I guess two years is for Blake SNeW first time he has struck out the side as a Dodger. That's pretty impressive. And he went out there through the fastball up in the strike zone and retied the first nine batters that he faced. In fact, he retired the first ten batters that he faced. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers walk it off against the Royals five to four in ten innings. Let's go out to the phones. Josh in Ontario, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: How you doing, Josh, Hey, Dave, thanks for taking my call. I thought a week ago and I asked you if you could tell MOOKI about the high Socks, and today he rocked the high Socks and hit a homer and the RBI single. So I just hear know, just for my personal ego, did you tell him anything?
Speaker 2: I I never had a chance to, Josh. I want to take credit for that, so I let it played out. But he played. He played really well tonight, and I guess the high Socks will stay there, Josh.
Speaker 8: I hope so too, Dave.
Speaker 9: Are you getting to that all right?
Speaker 1: Josh?
Speaker 2: Thanks for the phone call, Yeah, MOOKI was nice to see first home run Mookie Betts says hit at Dodgers Stadium since June nineteenth. Tonight in the second inning, he had three hits, an RBI double.
Speaker 1: I loved his game, tying double.
Speaker 2: You just need to go up the middle there or the other way, and we haven't seen Mookie do a lot of that this year.
Speaker 1: A lot of his hits are to the left side.
Speaker 2: That was impressive that he was able to shoot it to right field right there to score the tying run.
Speaker 1: Let's go out to La pent Day. No, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: How you doing David's noe? You pronounced the Dave?
Speaker 4: No, we.
Speaker 3: There we go. What's up, Dave, Dave, good night obviously for Mookie Bets Patty from the sixth spot. Dave, he's seven for nine, like it. I feel like it just woke him up.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's the high socks and hitting six, batting.
Speaker 3: Six, Dave Roberts has should keep him in the sixth from now on until he until he starts slacking off. But for the most part, Mookie bet seven for ninety, was three for four with the with the Cubs, four for five with the Cubs, three for four tonight. There's no need to move them anywhere else in the lineup. Keep them in the sixth spot.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm not opposed to that. I mean, let's give him a little bit more of a runway to see what he could do. Yeah, the sixth spot, to me is a little bit better than the fifth spot. That seems to fit him better. So he seemed happy tonight, no, he So let's keep it rolling. Thanks for the phone call. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers walk it off in ten innings against the Royals five to four, despite a little rockiness from the outfield defense tonight. I mean in the fifth inning, when Snell was out there and needed some help, Tyler Tolbert hit a busted broken bat flair in shallow right field.
Speaker 1: Down by the line.
Speaker 2: No, it was going to be a hit, but I would have loved to have seen Kyle Tucker run a little harder to try to prevent Tolbert for going for two. Tolbert did, he got to third base, and Snell was able to strand him there, retiring the next three batters that he faced. And also the most obvious defensive issue tonight, Andy pie has catching a fly ball from Carter Jensen in center field and then as he was going to throw the ball back in, he muffed it. It went all the way back to the wall, so Jack Caglione went from second to third, third to home and that's how the Royals took the lead. So obviously not ideal defense right there, but luckily the Dodgers are able to overcome it against the team that has lost seventy two games on the year. Let's go out to bing in Washington. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing binging?
Speaker 9: Is good?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 9: Three things man. First of all, I've been a fan since the early sixties. Grew up in Socow. I used to sit in my dad's Dodge dark Wagon and listen to the game Fall Asleep, He come and get me in? Man, was the game different back then? You know, Maury Wills, Don Drysdale, Sandy Kofax.
Speaker 8: What a game.
Speaker 9: The second thing I want to talk about is, you know a lot of a lot I hear a lot on your podcast. Everybody's worried about what's going on with the Dodgers. It's just regression to the mean. Talent helps you be above the mean, and the Dodgers certainly have that, so they're they're going places three. Doc, I'm sure recognizes that there's stages of team development, and there's been a lot of players go out and new players go in, and that means that you're going back in the stage of the team development and you have to work through them. You know, they are forming, storming, g norming, and finally performing. So if Doc Man and I see he's doing it, del Bok, That's what I got to talk about, all right.
Speaker 2: Being thank you for the phone call, Thanks for listening on the iHeartRadio app eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Royals tonight five to four in ten innings. The Dodgers win a series for the first time since the last homestand the last time the Dodgers won a series was against the Mariners before being swept by the Red Sox, starting a seven game losing streak. But certainly the Dodgers are starting to show signs of life offensively, which is a good thing because after tomorrow night they're going to welcome in the Milwaukee Brewers, who lost again tonight to Walker Bueller and the San Diego Padres, so a big four game series between two of the best teams record wise in the National League. And look, the Dodgers are going to win the NLS. That is not a doubt in my mind. All the Dodgers need to do now, the goal should be is to be one of the top two seeds in the National League so they don't have to play a wildcard round like they did last year against the Cincinnati Reds and start the NLDS on the road. Right now, they have the same record as the Atlanta Braves Atlanta one again tonight, the Brewers, like I mentioned, lost Tuna road to San Diego they're two games ahead of the Dodgers in the lost column.
Speaker 1: And when we.
Speaker 2: Talk about the Dodgers' trust tree for the bullpen, Dave Roberts talks about it. Right now, I would say the two guys that I trust more than anybody are Tanner Scott and Edwin Diaz at Gardo and Riquez who came in and pitched a scoreless inning. He's up there, Alex Zavessi and Jack Dryer, and I think we all have to give Evan Phillips a little bit of grace. This guy has not pitched in nearly two years, and he was pitching hurt throughout the entire twenty four Playoffs, couldn't pitch in the World Series, had major surgery, and since he's come back, you know, he's been thrown into the fire in high leverage situations. That's a lot to ask of a guy that had major arms surgery who's working his way back. He's healthy, of course, but as he saw again tonight, the command of the fastballs just not there. The sweeper's not the same. So I don't know. Maybe I was I was expecting too much from Evan Phillips, And I have no doubts that you know, as time goes on, he's gonna resemble the Evan Phillips before this long road back. But do we have two high expectations to expect Evan Phillips to go back to being the super reliever that he was before surgery two years ago.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was wishful thinking. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number Tonight's game brought to you by Modello Modello The Mark of a Fighter. I mentioned the Dodgers have six walkoff wins this season. Two of those hits came from Max Muncie, who homered against the Rangers for a walkoff win earlier in the year, back in April. Also, Freddie Freeman had a walk off home run against the Angels on June fifth. Kyle Tucker had a walk off base hit against the Marlins back in April as well. But Muncie and Dalton Rushing are the two Dodgers that have multiple walkoff hits this season. And I feel like we are not respecting how much Dalton Rushing meant to this lineup. And I know he went viral a couple of times because the camera was on him during those emotional outbursts in the first couple of months of the year, but he started to settle down. Obviously, still had a little bit of ways to go to control the emotions. But offensively this I had twelve home runs, had an eight hundred ops, hitting eighth or ninth for the Dodgers. They missed that thump, They missed that threat at the bottom of their lineup, and I feel like we're all not appreciating that hole in the lineup. Obviously without Will Smith for the majority of the year, but without Dalton Rushing, now that's a big hole there. And the Dodgers are waiting on Will Smith probably coming back, if not, you know, if all goes well, probably the first week of September, but that's still a few weeks away. Until then, it's Ben Roetfitt and Hunter Fiducca. Roht Fitt did a nice job tonight catching, but you can't compare those two guys offensively to Dalton Rushing and Will Smith. Earlier today, we had a chance to catch up with Rushing for the first time since being a late scratch on Sunday Night Baseball before that last game against the Red Sox and the first time since officially going on the il with that strained UCL.
Speaker 10: I was throwing in the outfield, felt something didn't fill a pop or anything, but felt pretty serious. Is it kind of tightened up on me a little bit? Quinn got the imaging. Obviously, imaging said what it said. After getting opinions on opinions, we then come to an agreement that surgery is not necessary. So yeah, we're gonna rehab the muscle on the inside of my form. And the details as to the timeline, I don't really have any for you, But at the same time, I can say it feels ten times better than it did a week ago, and as soon as I can be throwing a baseball, I will be.
Speaker 2: How big of a relief was it to know that you're not gonna have to have surgery on your elbow?
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 10: I'm not a big fan of needles, knives or anything like that. So once we come to an agreement that it wasn't necessary right now then and it was obviously a good bit of relief. Now it's just let's get it right as quick as possible.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 10: Like I said, I don't make the decisions, but right now I don't. I don't think it'll be necessary obviously, planning that throwing goes of course, and everything goes great. Getting back throwing the ball. Whenever that is then yeah, well we'll stay away from surgery. But right now the plan surgery is not in the.
Speaker 1: Picture, all right, that's good news.
Speaker 2: Dalton Rushing believes he has two months to try to get his arm to cooperate. He's going to strengthen the muscles around that right ucel and see where it goes from there. But he was pretty candid right there. He won't know until he starts throwing, and he doesn't know when that's going to be either. He's still swinging the bat. So we'll see where it goes with Dalton Rushing. But the latest on Will Smith, who incredibly now is ahead of Dalton Rushing as far as returning. Will Smith took BP in the cage yesterday. He played catch out on the field today and the plan is to have Will Smith take batting practice on the field before the end of the homestand and see where that goes. So fingers crossed Will Smith can return. So I saw Will Smith with my own eyes today and he wasn't running well, he did run away from me once in the clubhouse, but on the field he did not run away from me. So there was a Will Smith siding today eight six six nine, eight seven, two five seventies the phone number Dodgers walk it off against the Royals and ten innings tonight, Max Munsey with the hit to score show Hey Otani. And in between Snell and Muncie's heroics, there were two outfielders that have had interesting last three weeks. Alex Call had not started in three weeks. He got the starting left field and actually drove in a run in in this game in the seventh inning for an RBI double. And Alex Call was a pregame guest earlier today he described just how he has stuck to his process and how there was nowhere else he'd rather be than with the Dodgers, and whenever his opportunities came about, he would be ready. And how about Taoscar Hernandez who was pinchit for last night. Tonight he was the pinch hitter and delivered an RBI double to score a call. So there you go, two guys that our our team, guys are accepting whatever their roles are going to be the rest of the season, delivering back to back RBI doubles in that seventh inning, so that was huge as well.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna take a time out.
Speaker 2: When we continue, Jose Moda will join us and we'll take more of your phone calls at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. I know, I know you don't want to call in. Don't worry. I'm not gonna rub it in your face. You doubt it, snail Zilla.
Speaker 1: It's cool. I will not do that to you.
Speaker 2: But he's back in a big ten strikeouts and six innings and the Dodgers beat the Royals five to four and ten on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: Dodger fans, this is Blake snow. You're listening to the home of the back to back world champion Dodgers on Am five seventy LA.
Speaker 11: Sports.
Speaker 2: Rookie stands in from the right side against Waka Swings, drives a deep to left field toward the corner.
Speaker 1: It is pack, it is god hold on.
Speaker 2: Mookie pecks his fourteenth and the Dodgers jump in front one nothing. Big night for Mookie Betts, Big night for Blake Snell in his return. Big night for Max Munsey, who walks it off in the tenth inning with an RBI bas hit to score show Heyo Tani and the Dodgers beat the Royals tonight, five to four in ten innings. Daniels Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card. All you have to do is go to AM five seventy la sports dot com, use the keyword home run and to your name you could win. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream.
Speaker 4: It's time to go around the horn with Hosean Moses.
Speaker 2: All right, jose I was excited about snell Zilla day, and he exceeded my expectations. Were you expecting ten strikeouts and six innings tonight?
Speaker 11: No, by I'm happy it happened. Dave, you know what was so good about it?
Speaker 1: What are your expectations?
Speaker 11: I was, you know, based in my mind. If he goes five and gives you seventy five, great, But I know that Dave Roberts says something so important before the game, and he said, I'm I'm I won five seventy five, but I don't want to put a hard number on the pitches. Because and I'm thinking, well, it could be that SNeW goes through five at you know, six sixty five pitches, you can't take him out, which means he's thrown strikes, he's being efficient and he's doing his job. David, I had not seen Blake's noew this loose with a consistent release point and dotting balls in and out of the zone in a couple of years. And I'm telling you what we saw today was not even close to what we saw against Cincinnati, what we saw against Milwaukee. This was a guy that was in total control and not feeling for where he was. It was pretty much you know what this is, August. It is compete mode. And I love his mentality, his looseness on the mound, being relaxed as he mentioned, but the execution was absolutely off the charts. And so happy that he's back at this pace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great tone setter when he came out right away and was being aggressive with his fastball. Like he said, he wasn't nibbling like he did a lot of last year. He relied on his fastball and let the curve ball play off of it.
Speaker 11: When everything is you know, you trust your stuff you're not holding back to see if you're recoiling because your shoulder's gonna hurt, and you don't think about any of those restrictions.
Speaker 4: Dave.
Speaker 11: It's such a different mindset, such freedom to pitch like that. And with the guy that's had, he's got the harderware. I mean, he's got the word hard to reprove it, he's got the ring. But now as a matter of just being able to almost relearn some things. You know, you talk about Salt Lake City, he's joking, but you know what, he's learned some things that every time out good or bad, he's gonna say something about his performance. It's just gonna open your ears and go, well, this guy's really it thinking, really wants to do better, wants to be excellent. So you know, you go out there and throw eighty four pitches and you throw your fastball forty five times, and you're not chasing velocity, you're not chasing strikehouse. You're just allowing the hitter to dictate what you're gonna throw. But when we have that type of arm and the dotting of the fastball, which reminded me more like a Yemma multi type fastball, it's just remarkable and fun to watch because he gets into a rhythm and it's all very soon. If you look at vertical break and horizontal break today, with a change of horizonal and the breaking ball going down vertically, it was just a perfect combination for your hitters not to find anything in the zone on the plane with their swings to square it up, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Jose Mota, the Dodgers tonight come back and win it in ten innings. We saw mookie bets have three hits tonight. I know it's the Royals. I know they've lost seventy two games. I know they have the worst bullpen in baseball. With all that being said, with the Dodgers scoring six runs last night, winning this one five to four and ten innings, are you starting to see better at bad quality? Are you starting to see better signs from this offense before they get the Brewers on Thursday.
Speaker 11: Dave is happening, and it's happened at the right time, Royals or not. I mean, they're making a very tough on you to beat them. It took ten innings today. It took harder for yesterday. I'm going to go back yesterday to not bad by Migir Rojas and the second ending with Mooki Bets after the double. And Rojas is a guy that you mentioned and you talked about his message to the team. He put it in an effort within that bat and trying to get the guy over by being a good team player and showing guys what you're talking about. You can talk all you want and have meetings and text messages and all that, but until the players see you in that dugout with your efforts, the at beat he put together when he wants it's pretty much what you want to see. And that is the best way to applaud a veteran player that wants to see everybody perform at the highest level and just don't take it upon yourself. How do you keep the line moving by being unselfish? I mean there's tons of which you have to be selfish in this game, but there's tons of what you guys go to. You know what, I trust the guy behind me. Let me go back to that. Today we saw the adjustice by Wilkie Betts. We saw the adjustice by a guy like Max Munsey, and it's just good to see how they feed off for each other. Same thing going off the bench, guys Alex called the atbat he put together. I mean, those are the things that make the biggest difference this time of the year, because the players that have not had the experience or have been with the team are looking for a way. And the way you show up is by the veteran players showing the rest of the time. And they're not going to click in the same day, but they're showing the way in which you have to play baseball more urgency, the way they running the basis. Obviously, there's gonna be a couple of mistakes here in there, but you can overcome them because you have a lot of talent and you have termination too in the ball game.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I was asking, I shared my bullpen trust tree. The tree's a little thin these.
Speaker 1: Days, Jose.
Speaker 2: When it comes to the trust tree. Where's the Dodger bullpen right now? Obviously in the postseason it's a different story when you can move starters into the bullpen. But the Dodgers still have to get through the next seven weeks of the regular season.
Speaker 11: And they will by finding guys that, as he talked about, Aaron Phillips, is still trying to find that point in which he has to trust this stuff. Number one. Location is an issue. Command is an issue. That's the last time to come in for surgery is your arm. I feel great, but lots of these is great. But just that command of the one pitch we need it to be an out is not there. It's happening to him. But the trust tree is where we start with Alex Vesh. He's a guy that you trust the most when men on base, when things are a little hot in the middle of the game or you know, six or seventh inning, and from there on, you know from guys like Dryer. Obviously you need an Arica's consistency and knowing that one good outing doesn't do it. This is just you know, forty two games to go every outing. You need some zeros and go out there and support when your office is not performing. What the guys are doing on the mound is starters. So in that case, you know, you got to go out there and believe that Edwin Diaz is back and you know what you're going to get from Tanner Scott who was so good before Diaz came back, and he's back to I think where he needs to be, and just continue to get answers as you go. But you know very well, David, that as a game progresses and the season progresses, a lot of times those answers come by default, would have told that Jack Dard is going to get a saved last year in Arizona. So whatever your time comes, just go out there and step up it and do the job. But mainly for relievers, it's about throwing strikes. If you look go back at games given up by relievers and games lost by relievers, there's also going to be a waker hit batsman involved on the wild pitch.
Speaker 2: What makes a lot tougher, Yeah, no doubt, and that goes That makes it a lot harder for any pitcher, but especially a relief pitcher. All right, Jose, we'll see you back out here tomorrow night. Eric Lower on the mound as the Dodgers look to sweep the Royals. Oh hey, Jose, before I let you go, I had to throw this one at you. I am still dumbfounded how the Royals would walk Kyle Tucker in front of Max Munsey tonight.
Speaker 1: Even with one out.
Speaker 2: I understand trying to get a force play anywhere, but come on, you you do not want to see Max Munsey in that situation.
Speaker 11: That's the right guy for the Dodgers. And you know what, I'm glad it happened that way, Dave, So let mac Quatro figure it out.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers also figured out themselves with Max mostly there, everybody felt pretty good.
Speaker 1: Right, So you agree the Royals were tanking tonight.
Speaker 11: No, they went out to I'll never use that. They're playing percentage as you mentioned. Okay, So Kyle Tucker gets a basit base open, right, what is gonna hear about? Why did you? He could have got a ground ball?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 11: So it's like, but we know what the Dodgers have in Max Montcy, and we know what we've seen from Kyle Tucker. It's a lot easier to spread the zone. And had Kyle Tucker chase right that Max Moncie, look what happens. So let's stay with the results, Dave and take it. And you know what, you're stepping up like a veteran. So keep doing that, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Jose, thanks a lot for checking in there, he goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast. I love putting him on the spot like that. He gets so uncomfortable eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number before we say good night. Speaking of the bullpen, shout out to the man that has the most saves and Dodger franchise history, ken Lee Jansen, who is closing in on a manumental milestone for any reliever, five hundred career saves. Ken Lee Jansen, who recorded three hundred and fifty saves in his Dodger career now after today, has four hundred and ninety saves in his career. He is just ten saves away from becoming just the third pitcher in baseball history to have five hundred saves in their careers. He would join Trevor Hoffman and Mariano Rivera. Think about that, ken Lee Jansen, Mariano Rivera, and Trevor Hoffman could be in the same sentence. If Kenley's able to secure ten more saves in his career, he would have five hundred and would be a lock for the Hall of Fame. And I believe he's a lock already. I don't know how you could say if he came up seven saves short of five hundred that all of a sudden he's not a lock. I don't know why that would determine it, but yeah, he's ten away from five hundred in his career, and the Dodgers are going back to Detroit at the end of August, and Scooble might be facing his old team, Ken Lee might be in single digits getting closer to five hundred saves, and Jack Flair obviously still on the Tigers as well, So that'll be a fun trip to Motown at the end of August. And before the Dodgers get to Detroit on that road trip, they'll have a big series against the Braves, who they're fighting for a buye in the National League as well. Tomorrow, like I mentioned, Eric Lauer on the mound looking for the sweep going against Daniel Lynch. Our coverage begins at six o'clock tomorrow night, first pitch at seven ten Thanks to Dwayne McDonald. Dwayne, Dwayne left already. I guess you wasn't interested in Kenley Jansen updates all right, Colin, Ye back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks a lot for hanging in and can't wait to screen your phone calls on a beautiful Saturday morning one day, Colin for that boxing show. Colin has a great boxing show every Saturday morning. They take a lot of phone calls and you never know I be screening one of these days soon. So thank you Colin for everything you do back at the Burbank Studios, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you know where to find it the iHeartRadio app. That's where you can find our pregame conversation with Alex Call, who delivered an RBI double after not starting for the last three weeks in tonight's game. So Alex Call delivers and certainly happy he is still in Dodger Blue once again. The final score tonight the Dodgers defeat the Royals five to four.
Speaker 1: In ten innings.
Speaker 2: Ben Maller on Fox Sports Radio is next. Have a great rest of your night.
Speaker 1: See Um sholaying