Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 3: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: Here we go again. We're geta running back to.
Speaker 3: Get in on the show called eight six six seven two five seven, and be sure to follow.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase. Welcome the Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: David Vassy with you until ten o'clock tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. The Dodgers fall to the Red Sox tonight three to two, but the story is the breaking news. In the ninth inning, Jeff Passen reporting accurately the package the Dodgers gave up for Terrek schoolbol Zayer Hope, one of the Dodgers prized outfielders Brady Smith and River Ryan go to Detroit four to two. Time Cy Young Award winner Terrek School Bowl eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number I could tell you this. I was very aware of the fact that Emmitt Sheen was not in this deal.
Speaker 1: Tonight, I know.
Speaker 2: Everybody was looking in the dugout saying, oh, Emmett left the dugout, he must be scratched tomorrow. No Emmett Sheen went back home to sleep to be ready and well.
Speaker 1: Rested for his start tomorrow evening.
Speaker 2: On Sunday Night Baseball, my understanding was around the seventh inning ish that River Ryan and Zayeir Hope were in this deal. But then we find out the full package Brady Smith, Zayir Hope and River Ryan. And let's face it, the Dodgers have way too many outfielders. The only outfielder that probably in the minor leagues could crack a major league roster this season or is being considered, is host Way Depaulau. The people I've talked to that have seen him this year as recently as last week tell me he's ready, And tonight he was in left field made a diving catch. Defense has been an issue for him throughout his minor league career, but the Dodgers scouts have been and coaches have been impressed that his defense has improved. His desire and his focus to play defense has improved, and that's what's going to get him the opportunity in the big leagues. And look, if Kyle Tucker continues to struggle and September comes around and you get an extra roster spot, why wouldn't the Dodgers consider Joseway de Paula at the very least in games that are not going to be consequential. At this point, Depaula will get his feet wet and you can see what you got and decide whether or not he can help you if Tucker is not going to help you on a regular basis. In October eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 1: Trek Schouobol is a Dodge.
Speaker 2: Now let's get into the semantics and we will get to your phone calls at eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. School Ball made his last start for the Tigers this past Wednesday. So he is going to pitch at Wrigley Field against the Cubs. If he starts on Wednesday, he would be on five days rest. If he starts on excuse me, if he starts on on Wednesday, he would be on six days rest. If he starts on Tuesday, he'd be on five days rest. So that's that. That's how it goes out right now. You know, if he starts on Tuesday, five days rest, six days rest, if he starts on h on Wednesday, so uh there. If you have tickets, and I know already some fans have told me they are going to Wrigley Field to see the Dodgers play the Cubs, you just got a treat. And this is on the scale of the Blue Jays acquiring David Price in twenty fifteen, he helped them get.
Speaker 1: To the ALCS.
Speaker 2: This this is on the level of the Brewers acquiring CC Sabbathia in two thousand and eight that helped them get to the postseason. And CC Sabbathia has just tweeted out the Dodgers never mess around. Yeah, the Dodgers are that team. And I firmly believe they are not done. I firmly believe they still have interest in Clay Holmes. Andrew Friedman is going to continue to see how he can improve this roster on the major league level and the minor league level to replenish the prospects that the Dodgers don't have an opportunity to draft or sign. That's what's on deck. Brought to you by timber Tech decking and railing. Everything would should be visit timber tech dot com. All right, let's go out to the phones for the first time tonight. I'm sure Los Angeles is ecstatic that the Dodgers have done it again. They have rewarded you for being the best and loyal fans out there and acquired to Schooble. Ryan, you were at Dodger Stadium tonight. What was your reaction when you found out the Dodgers acquired Schooble.
Speaker 4: Absolutely amazing, hyped up. Can't beat our rotation.
Speaker 5: It's pretty awesome. Heard that on the way home. Thank you for reporting it or in the truck.
Speaker 6: I just gotta say, gotta do something about the bases left loaded.
Speaker 5: To put anyone on the mound who can't leave the bases loaded?
Speaker 2: All right, Ryan, and I would say thereat base running has got to be cleaned up. Otani himself has made three base running mistakes in the last week and that's not Otani like. And Pa has has got to be better as well. Let's go out to Manuel and Guardina. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing many?
Speaker 7: Oh d too?
Speaker 8: The v my man the voice of the Dodgers. I am in Dodger Blue Heavy, just like Uncle Tommy. Right now, man, his move man, The Dodgers move mountains. You know what I mean, Freedman Gomes, what could you say about these guys? I mean they are second to none. And to be a Dodger fan, it makes me so proud to see this organization going all in. I'm getting texts left and right from my boy Dean in Tampa, from my boy Jeremiah in Long Beach, from my girl Sally out in Redondo Beach, and everybody is hyped about Derek Scougel in Dodger Blue DV. Hey, what exactly did we give up? Because I didn't catch that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say it again, Manny, And thanks a lot for the phone call and the RUCA ro call.
Speaker 1: Right there we got.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers gave up River Ryan, Zaier Hope, and Brady Smith, three minor leaguers, and River Ryan, to me, is not a top prospect.
Speaker 1: He's twenty eight years old.
Speaker 2: It's now or never for River Ryan, and he had two hamstring injuries and he missed his opportunity to help the Dodgers this year, so they used him to help them acquire Trek Schooble, Zayir Hope, a great young kid, double a outfielder still has to uh still remains to be seen.
Speaker 1: You know how good he's going to be. And Brady Smith.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me all it took was River, Ryan, Zaire Hope and Brady Smith to get one of the top three pitchers in all of baseball and add him to the back to back world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 1: I do that.
Speaker 2: Every day over and over again. My question is everybody is so concerned about the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Here we go again.
Speaker 2: Everybody's going to have a lot of foam, all a lot of resentment towards the Dodgers. But you're telling me no other team could beat this package. It means they didn't want to beat this package. The Rays. You're telling me they couldn't beat this. The Brewers if they wanted to team up Misslerowski was schoolball me.
Speaker 1: They couldn't beat this.
Speaker 2: I mean the rest of the league again dropped the ball, just like the Braves did when they allowed Freeman to walk away to the Dodgers, just like the Red Sox allowed Mookie Betts to get to the Dodgers, treating him for Connor Wong and Alex Dugo. The list goes on and on and on. Instead of pointing the finger and being so whiny about things, some of these teams in front offices need to take a look in the mirror and figure out what they're doing wrong, because all they're doing is, you know, allowing an aggressive Dodgers front office to go after star players.
Speaker 1: And they did it again.
Speaker 2: They now have Yamamoto, Scooble snail Zilla lined up for the first three games of any postseason series.
Speaker 1: Let's go out to Nick in La. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing Nick?
Speaker 5: Hey, David, how are you, sir?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great.
Speaker 2: I wasn't sure other teams would allow this to happen. But Andrew Friedman, how can we doubt him anymore? I mean, he seems to pull off all the big deals.
Speaker 5: It's it's it's pretty remarkable. I mean it's really astounding, you know. Frankly, I just wanted to mention to you, David. You know, I've been a He's the best in the business.
Speaker 9: Brother.
Speaker 5: You know, I followed you since way way way back in the day on the mcneald Douglas show, A walt way back with Joe and Doug Man, how.
Speaker 9: Many drinks for you?
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 1: Remember their song? How many drinks for you today?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, none, none, no, you know, and they were, you know, a big joe, restless soul. He was the best ever do it. But you know, you're you're, you're you're in a footstas man as. You're just class act. And I love, I love what you do, baby, And you know that's number one. Number two is you know, it's it's really hard to argue with anything that the Dodgers have done. I mean, I mean, just tonight, it's just really it's mind blowing you to get this picture, you have to get schoolbl but I have you know, I don't be a downer, but I have to ask a question to David because you know, the Dodgers like nothing like nobody, nobody else in the world, you know. With Cody, I mean, to me, Kyle Tucker, I mean, it's just moxie. Man. The guy looks like he doesn't even want to be out on the field. He's just like he looks so blase out there.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: Like it's just like, why didn't they go after after Cody?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 5: I just it bottled my mind. The business one can you give it out to Cody.
Speaker 2: They talked to Scott Orris about Cody, but Cody got a five year deal, and like I mentioned, the Dodgers have a lot of young outfielders that they want to give an opportunity to in the next five years, and that was the reason why they decided to pass on Cody Bellinger and sign Tucker to a shorter term deal. I personally believed when when those outfielders, maybe one or two are going to hit as an everyday outfielder, you could have moved Cody to first base when Freddie Freeman retired.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, am I am? I Am I wrong? David that he has the Kyle Tucker has a moxie that, you know, sort of an order that he just doesn't seem to be into the game. A might min wrong about that. He just looks like he's just like he doesn't care me.
Speaker 2: Oh he cares. He cares more than I thought he did. He does care. It's just who his personality is. He's a low uh I don't want to say low energy guy, but yeah, kind of in that's the best description I have for him.
Speaker 1: But he does care.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's he's in the batting cage after games trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Nick.
Speaker 2: But like I said, the last couple of nights, think about this. For Kyle Tucker, he was with the Astros, who he thought he was going to be extended with. They they surprise him and trade him to the Cubs, and he knows he's not going to be with the Cubs for more than one year. So he's been on three teams in three years and he definitely is out of his comfort zone. Not to mention uh, he just welcomed in with his wife their brand new, uh, brand new baby in the last year. So there's been a lot of life changes for Kyle Tucker. But look, he's going to be judged by what he does on the field, and that's fine. This may have been one of those years for Kyle Tucker, but that doesn't mean the Dodgers just have to gift him right field because they are trying to win a championship. And if this is the version of Kyle Tucker, I see no reason why not to give hose Way to Paula an opportunity in September to see what he can do and maybe take some at bats away from Tucker in the postseason. He's got the demeanor to be able to pull that off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you know yours past last comment. You know what, you know, the talent is all the charts, we know this. But but the Dodger clubhouse, I mean, Kik, I mean the energy that to me, that to me, the energy that was what made the difference in the World Series last year. The guy's just pulled together like nobody's business. So thanks gave for everything. But I appreciate you man, all right.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the kind words. Nick. Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number in case you're joining us late in the ninth inning, Jeff Passen reported what one Dodger talk host knew about in the seventh inning. I mean, that's all day at Dodgers Stadium. It was, uh, there was a certain buzz. You kind of felt like the Dodgers were getting closer to pulling off a deal like this. And then when you see that Zayer Hope and Kendall George were a late scratch in their minor league games, You're thinking, Okay, they're getting really close, and around the seventh inning is when I started to get word that the Dodgers were getting very close to finalizing this trade without Image shean in it. And that's the breaking news that we found out. Jeff Passen reported it accurately in the ninth inning of tonight's game that the Dodgers acquired Trek Scooble for Zayer Hope, River Ryan and Brady Smith. I just got a text from another front office member from another team, and I just asked him what I just asked. Earlier teams have only themselves to blame if they think they couldn't beat this deal. And the response I got was, the Tigers must have really liked River Ryan and Zayr Hope and we'll see how good they are. But it doesn't matter. Zayr Hope and River Ryan could go on to be multiple All Stars. The Dodgers got Trek Schouball and have a chance to do something no National League team has ever done, and that's when three championships in a row. Let's go out to Henry in Culver City. You're on Dodger Talk live from Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 1: Hi, Henry, Hi DV.
Speaker 10: I just kind of wanted to hammer home the point a little bit on what you were just saying, and me call out, I don't know who owns Tampa Bay, but Mark Atanasio or whatever of the Brewers. But in thought about the competitive a lot of people, it says a lot about the competitive state of baseball. A lot of people point their fingers at the Dodger and for quote unquote ruining baseball. But these two teams, the Brewer with maybe their best team in my lifetime, maybe in twenty seven years, or the best that I can remember, aren't willing to go for it at that cost, Like it took so much less than I imagined it would. And the fact that those two teams with these golden opportunities, especially Tampa and the Al with the you know, potentially easy path they have to the World Series compared to other years, weren't willing to go for it. It really just blew my mind. It just said so much about how these how their owners and organizations, how much they're willing to compete, and it really shows like not very much exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 9: One.
Speaker 2: What this says to the Tampa Bay fan base, to the Milwaukee fan base is that we really don't want to win that badly. If Rays would have pulled off the trade for School Bowl, they are going to win the American League going away. If the Brewers did what it takes to get School Bowl, they have Mizerowski and School Bowl, and they are going to be really hard to beat in a five game series, in a seven game series, and quite honestly, that was their only chance that they could have hoped for to beat the Dodgers and go to the World Series.
Speaker 1: That's over with now.
Speaker 2: So going into the offseason and you hear about the salary disparity and all that. That had nothing to do with Trek Skoubol being traded to the Dodgers tonight. That had to do with Andrew Friedman running the best organization top to bottom. And yes he has the financial wherewithal from the Guggenheim Group, but this has nothing to do with that.
Speaker 1: It's all about a desire to win.
Speaker 10: I completely agree. I'm yeah.
Speaker 1: Home from Angel Stadium money. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So all the Brewers fans driving back from Angel Stadium, they won the game, but they should be very upset that the Brewers did not get this guy and they allowed the Dodgers to get this guy. The rest of the league should be very upset at these teams for allowing this to happen. But hey, we're really happy this happened because now you've got schoobl and Yamamoto and Blake Snell. I mean, come on, this is Andrew Friedman has given this team the greatest shot to three p This is unprecedented, maybe since what the Phillies when they had Cliff Lee Halliday and Cole Hammil's in the same rotation. That's the closest thing that I can think of when it comes to these three the top of a rotation going into the postseason.
Speaker 1: Now, does it guarantee a championship?
Speaker 2: Of course not. The Dodgers have got to play better. They've got to hit better. Their offense has got to come together as one unit. They've got to stop making base running mistakes. But when you have a Trek scooball on your roster, when you make these trades, it adds new life to the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they all they all.
Speaker 2: Were talking the talk, We're getting snowback, We're getting glass now back, we got Das back. But when you go out in your front office trades for Trek Schouble, that's a different type of energy that will meet the Dodgers in Chicago when school ball is at Wrigley Field, and I can't wait to see Schooble in that Dodger uniform in the friendly compound.
Speaker 1: The confines.
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers lose to the Red Sox tonight three to two, but they win in a big way, acquiring Trek Skouble for Zayir, Hope, River, Ryan and Brady Smith.
Speaker 1: Willie in West La. How you doing. You're on Dodger Talk, Hi.
Speaker 7: Dave, pleasure to talk to you.
Speaker 11: I've been a Dodger fan since nineteen sixty nine. I've witnessed many many Dodger organizations and teams that did not push their ships forward at the trade deadline many years when we were in the wilderness and losing out on big free agents. I applaud Andrew Friedman. I applaud Mark Walter. I applaud this organization for having the foresight and the vision to put together a winning organization for their loyal fans, of which we've all been for decades.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are not ruining baseball.
Speaker 2: No, no chance, they are not. They are not ruining baseball, that's for sure. They're just making baseball that much better because they are much must watch TV. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Oh, how about this former Dodger left hander himself who pitched in two World Series with the Dodgers and one of the great guys you'll ever meet. Now a fancy analyst for Nessen out there in Boston and actually calling the radio show instead on my cell phone. That is America's pitcher Rich Hill aka Dick Mountain. On the night the Dodgers acquire Trek Scouoble. Hey, Richie, how you doing.
Speaker 3: The Oracle of La Dave Massy? What's happening David?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: It was great to see Clayton, Kershawn Joe Kelly at the ballpark, and now Rich Hill is calling in on a victorious night for the Red Sox on the field, but the Dodgers and the trade deadline?
Speaker 1: Richie, how you feel?
Speaker 2: How's Boston feeling now that the Dodge just have schoolball as well?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I you know, honestly, I love it. I don't and I agree with you. They're not ruining baseball. This is something that is actually motivating for other teams to take note and start making some moves. So I think it's a great move by the Dodgers. And you know what else would you expect. Again, you want to say it's an embarrassment of riches or however you want to you know, phrase it, but this is this is a great move by the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Hey, Richie, you've seen Schooble pitch a lot in the American League.
Speaker 1: What makes them so special?
Speaker 3: I just think the dominating sides that he put presents, that he brings to the mound, and his ability to be able to just attack hitters. It sounds you know, we were talking before as you were coaching me up a little bit. I'd like to say, Dave, you're my You're my coach on the giving me some advice on how to go about this other side of the game in the in the media biz. But I mean, everything that you're getting from two times Cy Young Award winner coming out into LA is he's only in my opinion, he's only going to get better because of the environment and the guys that he's going to be around, the veteran presence that he's bringing coming into a veteran presence in that clubhouse that already has you know, a plethora of of veterans is gonna be It's it's gonna be like you said, must watch TV.
Speaker 1: When you look at their rotation.
Speaker 2: Because Snell's coming back on the next homestand so the Dodgers will have scooball Yamamoto and Snell and possibly Otani in the postseason.
Speaker 1: Is that the best? And also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean how many cy Youngs between those guys you get to?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 3: And Otani's got two m VP's. He wants that cy Young. I think eventually he'll end up getting one. And then also Glass now right, Glass Glass is going to be coming back at some point. So it's great to see, you know, and exciting for Dodger fans. It's gonna be awesome to watch down the stretch and into the postseason. So just keep everybody healthy.
Speaker 2: Dave, no doubt, no doubt. That's the voice of Rich Hill, former Dodger pitcher. Everybody loved the way Rich left it all out on the mound. I actually showed Clayton Kershaw a couple of photos of you in studio. He was very impressed by your style.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wore I told you I wore my Jerry Brockheimer coat tonight, so I wanted to make sure I looked halfway decent.
Speaker 2: Hey, Richie, I haven't been this excited about trade at the deadline since Andrew Freeman acquired you back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: I remember meeting you in Denver for the first.
Speaker 3: Time, that's right, Yeah, And I mean that's the exciting part from the trade deadline is on the player's side, is getting the opportunity to go from you know, one organization to a championship caliber organization and knowing that you have a real chance to win the World Series. I mean, it's an unbelievable feeling and knowing that whatever the five guys that are going to be in the rotation, that every single night you're handing off the ball to the next guy that's going to go out there and give you quality start after quality start, not just a quality start, but you know, real I mean without any expletives, like really shoving the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Richie. Rich would do that on the mound. The exploit is would fly on the mounds. That's where it would stay. But always classy when you're in a suit and no tie, just a colored shirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. You gotta keep it classy. Rules are off. Once you step between the lines, you become a competitor and you go out there and you leave it on the field. That's it, and that's where that's where it ends.
Speaker 1: No doubt.
Speaker 2: Hey, Richie, I got to ask you something. I'm sure you were on set when the news broke. What was what was the reaction on the set back in Boston, because I'm curious to know what the reaction is in other Major League cities, because if they're upset at the Dodgers, they should be upset at themselves for allowing this to happen.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't you know, I don't think it was unexpected, right, everybody. Everybody knew that this was coming and thought that this was a real possibility. So there was a little bit of a softening blow before it happened. But yeah, you're right, I think you know, when they trade a guy like Conley early, who has you know, proven himself as a quality young starter and making his debut in the postseason against the New York Yankees in Yankee Stadium speaks to where the Red Sox are going to take the next step and they have to make that step into this trade deadline coming in on Monday, to make some moves to you know, make a real push to be relevant in October. But I think, as we just saw in the last two games, this is a real team. This Red Sox team has been able to come from the bottom of the basement and grind their way up to the top. But they're really gluing and gelling together.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: Do they have the depth that the Dodgers have. No, I don't think they do right now at this point, but hopefully they can do something about that mon come Monday.
Speaker 2: All right, before I let you go, Richie, what are your fondest memories of pitching for the Dodgers, Because I know we have so many of you, and I know how much La embraced you. You've pitched for a lot of teams in your career. You're obviously from Milton, Massachusetts. That's where you live now, that's where you do TV, but I feel like this is definitely your second home. What memories do you have the most of pitching for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I you know, first comes the clubhouse and the guys in the clubhouse and how everybody was so close, you know, obviously Clayton was a huge part of that for bringing guys together, Key k, Max Munsey, the guys who are still there in uniform, and the fans, you know, playing in front of fifty five thousand every single night and and just feeling that foundation level that we were at before it became three time World Series champions. You know that that type of momentum and and that intensity that the fans brought every single night was special, and it was it was. It was a great time in my career and you know, certainly we'll always remember it and and loved pitching, you know, in Dodger Stadium. It's to me, you know, one of the best places to pitch and if not the best place to pitch in baseball. So you know, those are a couple.
Speaker 1: He must be going through Salem.
Speaker 3: And the clubhouse camaraderie, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Richie, you must be going through Salem or you know, maybe Matha's vinya at yourself. I'm starting to cut out on the way back to the man.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, I'm in one of the tunnels. I'm in one of the tunnels.
Speaker 9: David.
Speaker 2: Hey, Richie, I hope the Dodgers. I hope the Dodgers in Red Sox play each other in the World Series, so La could see you, We could see each other.
Speaker 1: And that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: Scooble on the mound Game one at Dodgers Stadium against the Red.
Speaker 3: Sox, another La Boston rivalry coming down the pipeline.
Speaker 1: I love it, hey, Richie.
Speaker 2: I know everybody loves hearing your voice on such a big night for the Dodgers. And you were at the time a pretty big acquisition for Andrew Freeman in twenty sixteen. But you know what they say, now everything's bigger in Friedman's office.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a special time. Continue to keep going in the right direction, and hopefully I get to see you in the postseason. That'd be great.
Speaker 1: Okay, Richie, we'll talk soon. Enjoy your Sunday night off, all right, David.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, thank you, all right, I'll talk to you.
Speaker 1: Talk to you. There, he goes.
Speaker 2: Rich Hill, who was acquired by the Dodgers at the trade deadline in twenty sixteen, pitched in two World Series, came this close to pitching two no hitters for the Dodgers. But tonight the breaking news is Trek Scoobol is a Dodgers. I ear Hope River, Ryan and Brady Smith, three minor leaguers heading to Detroit. And by the way, the Dodgers are going to Detroit later this summer at the end of August. The Dodgers will be in Motown August twenty eighth, twenty ninth, and thirtieth. So Tarrek Scoobol conceivably could be pitching back in Detroit in a Dodger uniform. Let that sink in. We're gonna take a time out when we come back. More of your phone calls at eight sixty six, nine, eight seven, two, five seventy and Jose Mota, we'll check in. We'll get his thoughts on the Blockbuster deal. That is real. Schoolball is a Dodger on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 7: This is Oskar Hernan.
Speaker 2: This is the world Champion Dodgers Audio network here every game on AM five seventy or streaming on the I high RADIOP.
Speaker 1: Takes the pitch from Toty. It hits a deep to right field. Heading back is a bray you east.
Speaker 8: To the wall.
Speaker 1: He looks up and that ball is gone. It's a two.
Speaker 2: Run shot for taoscar Emma Dodgers take the lead.
Speaker 1: It's two to one home run number ten for Teoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Taoscar Hernandez got the start and right field tonight with Kyle Tucker getting the night off, and hits his third home run off a left handed pitcher this year, a two run shot for Taoscar Hernandez, who is starting to get the rhythm back at the plate and taking good at bats, which is a good thing for the Dodgers as they fall tonight to the Red Sox three to two. But the breaking news Dodgers have a Choir Trek schouble from the Detroit Tigers for three minor leaguers.
Speaker 1: Daniel S.
Speaker 2: Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Jeweler's gift card visit AM five seventy LA sports dot com.
Speaker 1: Used the keyword home run. Enter your name you could win.
Speaker 2: And thanks again to rich Hill for calling us all the way from Boston, this time on the radio show and not on my cell phone. And always great to hear Richie's voice. I know even though he's broadcasting for the Red Sox, he certainly is excited for the Dodgers to have a chance to win three in a row. Let's go out to Tennessee. Leonard, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Leonard?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's great man. It's gonna be a little hard following rich Hill there, but I do appreciate you taking my call this evening, David.
Speaker 1: Oh, my pleasure. Hell yeah, Well I've.
Speaker 6: Had Dodger fan and what a great time to be alive for Dodger Baseball with everything that we've seen and what we have yet to come here. But obviously a tough loss on the field, but a big win in the front office for the team with the schoobl pick up there, but being that the Dodgers already have a pretty stout starting lineup, one of the top in baseball, many would would say, and having our Bulton kind of struggle a little a little bit. Just kind of wanted to get your thoughts and opinions on what this might look like as we go into the playoffs, because I don't think it's just wishful thinking that we're going to see our team there, and if you think it's going to be probably a little bit more of what we saw in last year's World Series, where you're going to see some of the starters kind of going into the bullpen roll maybe Sassak move in there, Glass now, that sort of thing, and just kind of, you know, seeing what that looks like, you know, for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: We could get to the playoff pitching staff when we get closer to that, Leonard. But just for the sake of the conversation, Eric Lower, I mean, likely not going to be a Dodger past Monday, as much as he wants to be here. With the Dodgers acquiring school bol and trading three prospects, like what was reported by The Athletic a few days ago, the Dodgers are reportedly thinking of trading Lower and Alex call to be able to replenish their farm system in Lower with the Dodgers has turned his career around at this point because he wasn't going very good with the Blue Jays earlier this season. The Dodgers are nine to zerot Lower and he's pitching better than ever, so he probably is not in the equation. Likely not in the equation. Emmitt Shean would be kicked to the bullpen. Also, Justin Robleski showed in the postseason and especially in the World Series, how good he can be coming out of the bullpen.
Speaker 1: Roki showed that as well.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, a lot of these guys are going to mix in with guys like Evan Phillips and Guardo Enriquez, Edwin Diaz and Tanner Scott and Jack Dryer.
Speaker 6: Excellent. I think you better get your shades ready because the future is looking pretty bright. Go Dodgers.
Speaker 2: All right, Leonard, thank you for the phone call. Let's go out to Laguna, Neguel, Paul, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Paul?
Speaker 5: Good, Dave?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: Couldn't be better? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Go ahead, go ahead. So I'm just saying I can hear the crying already from around the country, but I just want to say, as we all know, every single one of these owners are billionaires, and the Tigers took three minor leaguers and this nothing screams louder than this about how these owners just don't do, not want to invest back into the team. And I'm just so tired of hearing all this crying and sniveling because the Dodgers are doing it the right way.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I would love to see the Brewers.
Speaker 2: I would love to see what the Brewers and Rays come away with after the trade deadline, because this was a big miss for them. You talk about the Dodgers acquiring school Bol just to keep him away from the Brewers, wouldn't the Brewers want to keep and every other team that wants to have a chance to win do everything in their power to prevent the Dodgers from getting Schoolball. And I feel like, you know, going back to the off season, there had to be some sort of conversations about which players the Tigers would be interested in when school Bowl, if Schoolble was available, which he wasn't during the off season, but here he is now and this morning. I'm not going to say which players I heard, Paul, but I could tell you this that Zayre Hope. I heard two different iterations of a trade for school Ball from a really good source, and Zayer Hope.
Speaker 1: Was in both.
Speaker 2: Now it turned out to manifest itself into Zayre Hope, River Ryan and Brady Smith instead of let's say, Emmit Sheen and Brad and Zayre Hope, which I'm happy about. But yeah, Zayir Hope was going to Detroit from this morning from what I understood.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure I'm sure Scooble. I mean, who knows what he was thinking, but I'm sure as possible he didn't want to be a rental in Milwaukee and then to have to annoying Milwaukee probably wasn't going to pay him and have to basically move again. And I'm sure Dodgers that's why they should have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why they should have made the trade, just like CC Sabbathia. No, wait, they should have gone for it because you know, who knows what the landscape's gonna look like after the new CBA. Thanks for the phone call, Paul. Yeah, that's another factor I didn't share with you. I had heard a couple of different forms of this trade, but both of them had Zayr Hope in the deal. One of them was kicking around Kendall George. But George, even though he was scratched tonight, is not part of this deal. As of now, nothing has been made official by the Dodgers, but it doesn't seem like Kendall George is in this trade. And that's why I believe Andrew Freeman is far from done. Obviously, there's some some trades he can make surrounding Lower and possibly my good friend Alex Call, who just for the record, I don't want to see Lower or Call traded. I'm just having a talk show here to share with you what is reported.
Speaker 1: And it kind of makes sense.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, the reality is Alex Call should have started one of these two games against the Red Sox. They were both left handers. He hit over four hundred against Suarez. If he's not starting in these first two games, when is he playing?
Speaker 1: That's my thing.
Speaker 2: So you know, I just feel like Alex Call definitely is a coveted player by other teams. The Dodgers are just a juggernaut right now and there's not a lot of playing time for him. But nonetheless, I feel like Andrew Freeman is far from done between now and three o'clock on Monday. And you know, when you talk about the Dodger bullpen and starters and relievers, like I said a couple of nights ago, the Dodgers, when they go into the postseason and form their thirteen best pictures, they're not putting them in the starter bucket or the reliever bucket. After you know, the big three of now Scooble yamamotosnell Otani, but they're looking at them as the thirteen best pictures. And if they acquire Clay Holmes, he has shown that he can be dominant out of the bullpen at the back end and dominant as a starter. He would fall into that category of being one of the best thirteen pictures going into October.
Speaker 1: So there's still a lot going on.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Andrew Frieman's going to be working all the way through, working the phones, because this is just the beginning the big splash acquiring trek Skuble.
Speaker 1: All right, let's check in with Jose Moda.
Speaker 3: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Moda.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose, I'm curious in the Spanish radio booth tonight when you and Luis Cruz saw the breaking news from Jeff Passing that school Ball was a Dodger. What was your immediate reaction to keep.
Speaker 9: Quiet and let it ride a little bit? Honestly, I know you were called it informed, Dave, and you have all the right sources, but it's exciting, not surprising. I know that the Dodgers were going to make every effort to bring top talent available, but here's one thing that needs to be understood here. Brandon Gomes as a general manager has done such a terrific job in the studying and allowing himself to know what developing young preachers are like.
Speaker 5: Member.
Speaker 9: He had a role like that before he became actually an active member of the front office at a higher level. But also, Dave, let's think about this, the Dodgers had desirable pieces. This is what Scales tell me. They have pieces in the monorn leagues that a lot of teams want to have. And when you talk about the Tigers and more they're at and what they can get, it's not so much that other teams couldn't have done. It is the fact that other teams we're going to have to break their core of what they're at. And that's frightful sometimes for teams going well, was this close or were this far and we have to give up this much from our big league team to get this guy, we're going to pass. But when you get twenty one year olds the case Smith, the kids with the hair, hope and a twenty seven year old controllable young pitching is very desirable in this game. You're going to get a guy that wanted to come here and you got all the information from Travis and Dino as to what this guy's all about in cell the clubhouse, just a right fit with the pieces that the Dodgers have developed in the monor leagues, play development, scouting, in the draft to get this job done.
Speaker 2: When you look at the potential of this rotation in the postseason, I mean, it's hard to imagine any team scoring runs off these guys.
Speaker 1: Jose.
Speaker 9: Here's the thing with this, Okay, So the Values win their first role series based on is the guts of certain guys going out there and saying we're going to have some bullpen games and get done very much with three starters. Then you go last year and the guys who are faltering in the bullpen got replaced by who starting pictures and you got to design every single year, and you're going for it in a different way. Now they're counting more on yeah, more starting depth, understanding that there are some pieces out of that bullpen that they know have to do a little bit better. But without jumping the gun here, they know that these guys that have acquired, the guys that have you on this rusher in snow hopefully coming back to stay and healthy well that provides you a lot of depth in terms of allowing your bullpet to be lined up. One thing. Today, there's gonna be some competition for spots, which is great in any rotation. You got some horses that know what they need to do and you have some guys that need to pick it up a little bit more. And it's always healthy to see this. But whoever thought that Matt Beatty and Michael Bush who will be related to the Laluers one day acquiring Turk schoobl Think about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's three degrees of those trades.
Speaker 2: Matt Batty traded for a River Ryan and Michael Bush was traded for Zayer Hope and Jackson Ferris. And certainly it's paid dividends because Trek Scouble now is a Dodger using those guys, and I feel like sometimes we forget about those paths. To acquire a guy like Schooble, you have to have those type of players, and you.
Speaker 9: Got to have the players also. They are going to be part of a system that the other teams respect. I mean you talk about scouts and on any level, professional level, amateur level, and then you talk about like assistant gms that are watching these teams play in the minor leagues and they're like, the valuers have everything that we want, everything that we want to be. And they're not just talking about the resources and the money, but it's how they develop these players, some guys that know when to challenge and get them through here a little bit quicker. But they also never are in a hurry of microwave players just because you know social media's or it is a popular move. They understand how it is getting done and that's why they're respected not only because of what they've done on the field, but also the way they run their organization, which is the end of so many people. And that's one reason too. Who will you acquire when you draft? They think about this. It's not like they're requiring these first draft picks year after year after year. They have to find guys in the fourth fifth round. He's have a round to develop them and making big league players so they become desirable for the other teams to want. And here we are once again as a great example of a guy that fits the mold of a guy who's a workhorse. It's about pitching, it's about competing, and also about having the right work habits to fit into this culture because you know very well that there's a couple of days ago, Andrew Freeman talked about how hard it is to even look through this clubhouse and say, we are very careful how we treat in war. We pull out of because we know the core is there. But it is a core that now you as will send a message to the players in the club. I'll saying, guys, how many times is there chance for a team to three peat? We're going to go for it. And I guarantee you every single player respects Edred Freeman and Vandon Gomes a little bit more here tonight.
Speaker 1: All right, Jose Mota will get the official word.
Speaker 2: By the time we get to the ballpark tomorrow, Trek school Ball is going to be a Dodger and certainly everybody in LA is very excited to know the Dodgers are committed to trying to win three in a row. We'll see you tomorrow night. Should be exciting. On Sunday night, baseball.
Speaker 9: We said it was going to be a Sahohiganta, Right, Happy, there you go.
Speaker 2: That's right, baby, school Ball, that is a sabadoh Ganta. Thanks a lot for checking in Jose Moda just speaking of the Tigers and School Bawl, his former team. The Tigers beat the A's tonight, eight to six. Former Dodger Kennelly Jansen gets the save as he is chasing five hundred in his career. It was Kennelly's thirteenth save of the year. He's now just twelve away from five hundred, which automatically gets you into the Hall of Fame. But at the end of the game, after Kennelly got the final out, he and Oakland A's and former Mets second baseman Jeff McNeil got into an argument. Bench is cleared at the end of the game. Game was over, and I kind of think like Kennelly was barking at Jeff McNeil because he thought McNeil was trying to steal pitches from him at second base, so he was warning him, don't do that tomorrow if I'm in this game. So I like seeing that fire from Kennley Janssen. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. By the way, Kennelly Jansen might be traded as well before Monday's three o'clock deadline. Let's go out to La Darryl. You're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse. How you doing, Darryl, Thanks for being patient, No.
Speaker 9: Problem, David.
Speaker 7: You know what's really interesting in your analysis is the reason it's very clear why Sue Ball wasn't traded to other players because they know with the lockout coming, they're not They're not gonna sign the guy is a Scott Boris agent. It's really clear. I mean, why would you Why would you give up players when you know you can't resign them. Look at look at how stupid the Angels were in regard to show, hey Otani, there was no way Ardi Moreno is gonna be able to compete with the Dodgers. And by the way, the Angels are stupid also for never trading with the Dodgers. I mean, it's just completely dumb.
Speaker 1: You got number one, You're number one.
Speaker 2: It was it was a missed opportunity not to trade o'tanni for uh reportedly Junior Camanaro from the Rays. I mean, they were getting back some real players from the Rays, from the Rangers, from the Yankees if they would have traded O'tani in each of the last two deadlines. He was on their roster, but when you're talking about what could happen in the CBA, I'm talking about winning the Rays all this is their best chance since twenty twenty to win the World Series or even get there. For the Brewers, this was their only chance to have a chance to beat the Dodgers, and I would say their chances are diminished by not having schoolball. So I'm talking about who's in it to win it, And the Dodgers have shown that for the last fifteen years.
Speaker 1: They're in it to win it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, some of the moves have not worked out, but they have gone after it time and time again the last fifteen years.
Speaker 7: Oh, no question about it.
Speaker 2: But like I said, and how many of them, how many, Darryl, how many of the players traded these so called prospects, How many have really turned out? I mean, I was talking earlier today about the trade the Blue Jason Phillies made for Roy Halliday and Kyle Drabek was supposed to be better than his dad, Doug, and he flamed out. So these prospects, I hate to say it, they're suspects and a lot of them don't pan out. So I'm all good with trading minor leaguers to help your major league roster, especially when you're getting a guy like Schoolba. Let's take one more phone call tonight. Let's go out to Marty in Jacksonville. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Marty?
Speaker 12: Okay, Dave, how are you? Just wanted to say a couple of points. I just saw John Haman on one of these sports channels and he said the trade was supposed to be Hope Smith and Shean. The Dodgers pulled she and replaced them with River Ryan.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I could see that evening.
Speaker 2: I could see that happening where I could see John Haman just trying to you know, because initially he puts she He put Shehan in his tweet that wasn't accurate. So maybe that's him just covering himself because I never heard Shehan's name earlier today.
Speaker 12: Okay, the other thing I wanted to tell you, I've been a fan since nineteen fifty nine, when I was ninety years old. I saw Sandy Kolpex in his crime growing up. This guy Scoobo has a violent, violent wind up and delivery, just like Colfax. He picks that leg way up, He's goes full force, throwing the ball. He reminds me of Colpex. He'll never be Coolpex. That's my hero. But wow, what a guy we got. Unbelievable And I was gonna ask you anything another question. Do you think we were trying to get a right handed back by any chance?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I mean, I've heard a little. I've heard trade rumors about zach Netto. I wouldn't rule that out. But the Dodgers are have Mookie Bets, they have ti Oskar Hernandez, they have Tommy Edmond who's a switch hitter. They got pajezh I'm all in with Taoskar Hernandez as an October player, and uh, I wouldn't want to trade him. He's he's the guy. So I think they're set right there. But Andrew Freeman did say he's a thread in the needle if he can improve the team.
Speaker 1: He's not a believer that you're always an October player.
Speaker 2: But I certainly believe there's certain guys on this team that have proven that they can perform when it matters the most, like ta Oscar Hernandez, keik Hernandez, Freddie Freeman, Will Smith those type of guys and Miguel Rojas as well with his big home run last year. So I'm a big believer in guys that have shown that they can do it wearing this uniform. All right, that'll do it for us. On Dodger Talk tonight, an exciting night. Scooble watch comes to an end in the ninth inning as Trek Scoobole is traded to the Dodgers, and the official word still not from the Dodgers, but for all intentsive purposes, it's a done deal. Zayir, Hope, River, Ryan, and Brady Smith are going to Detroit.
Speaker 1: Schoobol is coming to the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: His first start with the Dodgers, likely to be at Wrigley Field and Chicago next week, either Tuesday or Wednesday.
Speaker 1: So that'll be exciting.
Speaker 2: And we'll see what the reaction is tomorrow from Dave Roberts and the rest of the players that they are getting the big fish at this year's trade deadline. Two time Cy Young Award winner Trek Schouble and who knows Tarek Scouble may need a car when he gets to LA I may steer him too.
Speaker 1: That's right downy Hunday.
Speaker 2: Maybe my guy Sam can get Tarek scuoble a beautiful blue Ionic nine like I'm driving around so Trek scuolball. Here's my first tip downy Hunday, get yourself a ride in LA. Tomorrow, Sheehan will be on the mount for the Dodgers. He's going up against another lefty and Jake Bennett. It's Sunday Night Baseball. Kershaw is supposed to be on NBC tomorrow. We'll see if his voice cooperates. Our coverage begins at three o'clock tomorrow, first pitch at four twenty. All right, thanks to Colin e and thanks to Dwayne mc donald, and thanks to you, and thank you Andrew Friedman, who has pulled off another blockbuster acquiring Terrek's School Bowl. If Andrew Friedman's not a Hall of Famer as far as executives go, I don't know who is. This guy continues to deliver and upset everybody else, and I think it's fantastic once again. The final score tonight, the Dodgers lose to the Red Sox, but they acquire Trek's School Bowl before.
Speaker 1: The trade deadline. We'll have more of the coverage all day long tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Our pregame coverage at three o'clock and we'll take you into the night with Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: As School Bowl is wearing Dodger Blue.
Speaker 2: Have a great rest of your night Sea starting