Speaker 1: On the Dave Bryant Show one on one point three kd w B. Good morning. It is cold outside right now.
Speaker 2: The current temperature at the Space Needle Studio is minus five. It's National DJ Day today, so feel free to I don't know, Ben moest a little gift if you are someone.
Speaker 3: Class, Hey, that's probably illegal.
Speaker 2: We'll probably it's illegal at all. Ben mois a little gift? Why is that illegal?
Speaker 3: Rights?
Speaker 4: It's our day or we'll be in the parking lot of benni Hana if you just want to come in. Yeah, I'll see you out there. Okay.
Speaker 2: Also other big things going on U The U of M dance team did great at Nationals over the weekend. They played first in Palm and I want to say third in Jazz man Cato. They competed in a different division. They were first in I think every category they were in, which I don't know all the categories, but I know there's palm, and there's is palm and sheer a different thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is going to ask is.
Speaker 1: They call it pom pom instead of pom pom. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ish, And then they came in first in jazz. So here's a really weird story. If you have ever gone skiing, and a lot of people have, but Vont and Bailey of not being stuck on the chairlift is kind of a nightmare. And usually if you're skiing or snowboarding, the chair will stop here and there because somebody will fall getting on or getting off and they got to stop the lift to kind of get them out of the way and help them back up and whatever up and Loots and over the weekend the chairlift stopped. I want to say it was on Saturday. My source on this is bring me the News, So shout out bring me the News, giving you full credit for your source on the story. The chairlift stop at about nine thirty because of technical problems with high winds. Some time goes by, some time goes by, and usually if the chairlift stops within two or three minutes, it'll start up again. I've never had, right, I've never had one that stopped for more than two or three minutes. Five and a half hours, what that's how long it took to get the last person down. Now, I don't know when they started resting them, but remember on Saturday, and it's Loots and it was very very very cold, and when and it was windy too. So you're swinging from this chair lift. And I don't like the chair lift anyway. I'm not a heights kind of a person. I really can't wait to get down. So they had to bring in fire trucks and ladders, and certain ones they couldn't reach with a fire truck and ladder. You know how they got them down? Joking, not a trampoline. They make a trampoline a good idea. They shot like a bow and arrow or some sort of a gun with a rope attached to it like batman, like Batman, up over the lift cable and then they lowered it down on the other side, attached a chair basket to it, pulled it back up towards the person hop in the chair, they lowered him down.
Speaker 3: They did not making this up.
Speaker 2: Now, I might have some of the logistics a little bit off, but that's what they did. Wow, because sometimes you can get to the lift with a ladder truck, and sometimes you could not.
Speaker 3: You're doing a cartoon, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so there was a there was somebody and I want to give him a shout out here. He lives in Mapele Grove when so I can find his name Andrew Schultz. He was the last. Him and his friends volunteered to be the last to be taken down because they were dressed for the cold and they were doing just fine. When they did get down, they had pizza and blankets ready for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So even if you're dressed for the cold, though, you are still miserable in that situation.
Speaker 1: Sure, no clue.
Speaker 5: I mean, at least for me, even if I was in a million layers, five and a half hours would leave you not feeling the greatest.
Speaker 4: No, you better first of all, give me my money back for forever. Yes, for compensating or for going insurance bill. And well, Bailey, looks like our plans for this week and are canceling for the first time.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that dang. Yeah, bad weekend ago. It's gonna be freezing everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just up such such an interesting story. It's like there's a movie I think it's called Frozen, and not the good Frozen, but the bad Frozen. They get stuck on a lift and it's a it's a really stupid story and that I don't want to spoil it, but there are wolves, hungry wolves in vault.
Speaker 1: Could spoil it. It was twelve years ago. Okay, was twelve years ago.
Speaker 2: They yeah, don't watch it, but if you ever want to watch, it's called Frozen and it's awful, but it's awful and good. Let's do lyrics shuffle on kd WB. A lot of things to talk about, including Jenny's car accident. There are a lot of things to talk about, but do you want to do lyrics shuffle?
Speaker 5: First lyric shuffle? Let's see something fun?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Whoever says the word first goes first day?
Speaker 1: Were George?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's going with George.
Speaker 1: I wasn't clear on the rules, threw it out.
Speaker 5: There, but here you go your first word today?
Speaker 1: Try will you try the best? But you don't succeed?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 1: Coldplay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, here you go, Dave.
Speaker 2: Like lack of Vergin, How you're going to keep going us more? We don't need to go any more than that.
Speaker 5: Okay, fine, side one to one on around two, Von's word.
Speaker 1: Escape if I could escape?
Speaker 3: Thank you for that one, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm on it today.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: I had Monday to sleep in, so now I'm charged.
Speaker 3: Okay, here you go, Dave, bed misery.
Speaker 1: Nothing I got two.
Speaker 4: I'm in the business a miser either one or maroon five MS.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's not what I wanted.
Speaker 3: Good job.
Speaker 1: And the first one I sang was paramour.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh yes, we trust me. Billy and I Williams the Millennial emails. We know, we know. Okay, we're on around three. This is Vonn's word first, anything, I.
Speaker 7: Got it, I do anything, just fall asleep with you.
Speaker 3: Oh nope, that's not it.
Speaker 5: This was it, but it's not all right.
Speaker 3: Good job.
Speaker 5: You each have gotten a steal. So let's see von has three though, and Dave has two. And now this is David's word.
Speaker 7: Rock, we will, we will rock.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 2: There's a billion of them though, rock the cradle love.
Speaker 1: I want to rock and roll tons of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, good job you guys.
Speaker 5: We are tied going into the final rounds, so it's anyone's game.
Speaker 3: Still. This one is box word.
Speaker 1: Thrown. I don't know. I got it, I got it? What I've thrown it?
Speaker 8: That will.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: I thrown it? That it is?
Speaker 3: No, that's not right.
Speaker 8: Throw throw like I was thrown like a chair that you sit on, and I.
Speaker 3: Thought that that might trip you up.
Speaker 1: So Jenny's like your next word is deep fried pickle.
Speaker 5: I don't actually determine this. Remember this is a random generator. Okay, Dave, if you get this one, you are the winner. But Bond can also steal it, and then he will be so here will go.
Speaker 3: Jealous.
Speaker 1: I don't. There's what I can't think of it.
Speaker 7: I still get jealousy.
Speaker 3: Good job, congratulations.
Speaker 2: And my mom. All right, coming up in a second, we're gonna do talkback Tuesday. Is it tuesday? Yesterday felt like Sunday. Today feels like a Monday. But it is Tuesday, So we're doing talkback Tuesday. Use the talkback feature and do this. As soon as it gets warm. I'm going to blank as soon as it gets warm. I'm gonna start exercising again as soon as it gets warm. I'm going to skinny dip is skinny dough as soon it gets warm. I'm gonna go for a hike as soon as it gets warm. I'm gonna clean up the dog poop in my backyard as soon as it gets warm. What are you gonna do? You've got something as soon as it gets warm. You're not gonna do it this week because it's too darn cold. Leave a talkback. Tap the red microphone button on the iHeartRadio app. The red microphone button is called the talkback and we will play your talkback Tuesday next. So you throw in your names, like hey, Jill from Maple Grove. As soon as it gets warm, I'm going to a blank and we'll do that.
Speaker 5: We're streaming live on YouTube. Just search Dave Ryan TV.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, you forget sometimes that we're on TV. You can watch us on Dave Ryan TV on YouTube. Shout out Maddie turning twenty nine years old Todays, So happy birthday, Maddie. You share a birthday with Rain Wilson, the Dwhite Shreut sixty years old today and Buzz Aldrin second Man on the Moon if you believe in that Garbage is ninety six years old. I'm just trying to hope the bear a little bit. I mean, there are no pictures. Did you take a selfie out there?
Speaker 3: How do we know? There are?
Speaker 1: Actually are plenty of pictures?
Speaker 3: Dog filter on it? Dog filter?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it's also National DJ Day today. We're doing talkback Tuesday because it feels like a Monday, but it's a Tuesday. What are you as soon as it warms up, I'm going to blank. So here are some talkbags. What are you gonna do as soon as it warms up?
Speaker 3: As soon as it's.
Speaker 1: Muffled, but she said, pick up on the dog poop. Yep, yep.
Speaker 8: As soon as it gets warm, I'm gonna get a big bottle of wine and lay down by the kiddie pool in the backyard.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love.
Speaker 10: My name is Aaron.
Speaker 11: Once it gets warmer outside, I'm gonna wash and detail my car because this salt is nasty and makes the cars look very ugly.
Speaker 2: So true it is true. Yeah, I think car washers will probably closed when it's this cold. No, I saw somebody pulling that one yesterday. I was like, why waste the money?
Speaker 1: Usually? Okay?
Speaker 3: Why that's I feel like that's on samee. This is Sarah from Hudson. As soon as it gets warm outside, I'm going to bring my cats out to explore our yard. They love to sniff and search for catnip.
Speaker 1: Dah.
Speaker 5: Okay, Hey, this is Ashley through clear Lake, Wisconsin.
Speaker 12: As soon as it gets warm, I can't wait to find me a patio to do some day drinking.
Speaker 2: Us talk about it, girl, This is one of the big signs of spring is when they open up a patio and a restaurant and people.
Speaker 1: Will be like, oh, it's so nice out here.
Speaker 2: And people from Orlando will be like, it's freezing its and but then they close it up a week later when it snows.
Speaker 1: So but it does happen.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think we have one more.
Speaker 12: This is Olivia from Woodberry And as soon as it gets warm, I'm going to clean out my car, do a little detailing vacuument, give it some TLC.
Speaker 3: It's been very neglected this winter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear you. I hear you.
Speaker 2: Floor mats are awful. Speaking of cars, Jenny takes her camper van nickname b b e A b e e A E Oh I know that.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, it was named while in the state of Utah, which is known like the state of B's or something. But also my grandma's name was b but b Ea, so it was kind of a mixture.
Speaker 2: The reason so in Utah there's like beehives on all the freeways. Yeah, because their theory when they created that was stay busy, and we're a bunch of busy, busy people, so it's like busy as a b that's why there's beehives on Utah road signs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but yeah. I was heading up to Mount Bohemia this weekend, which is up in the up of Michigan if you know, if you've never heard of it. But I had gotten about fifteen minutes away from my house. I was on six ninety four and barely moving because it was rush hour traffic, and then bam got smacked into behind. You got rear ended, Yeah, and honestly, like very very hard. I flew forward, had my seatbelt on, so it like pulled me back into my seat, so my back smack into my seat. If you didn't hear the saga last week, I am dealing with some crazy.
Speaker 3: Neck nerve pain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I was finally feeling better Friday because I'd seen the chiropractor a couple times last week, so I was like, I'm gonna still do this trip.
Speaker 3: And then that happened.
Speaker 5: Now accidents happened, so I'm more than forgiving about an accident. However, I don't really understand how he could have done that because it literally was barely any traffic moving. It felt like he had to have been going so much faster than what we were barely like moving a lot. But the worst part was I get out of my car, he's looking at his damage. I walk over to him and I go, are you is everyone okay? And he said yeah. Do you think he asked if I was okay after he just hit me?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Do you think that he said?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 5: No, no, nothing? In his late twenties spen yep. I would say he was a younger person. I do not know that it was his car because he did show me his insurance and I took a picture and all that stuff, and it was like other people's names.
Speaker 3: It wasn't his.
Speaker 5: So that was really fun. And then I was like overly nice because I was like, I don't want to make him feel bad because accidents happen. However, he definitely was distracted. He had to have been distracted.
Speaker 8: There was.
Speaker 3: L me like he did.
Speaker 5: I am upset because there is significant damage, Like it doesn't seem like there's significant damage, but in the end, like I basically need a new door on one of the back doors because it's really dented. My tailgate is dented up, and then the hitch is kind of messed up to underneath the tailgate, so there's a lot of stuff that's going to have to be fixed with it, but I just like kept moseying along and I'm like, I'm fine, it's running and I'm gonna go up to my bohemia still. And then he calls me like ten minutes later, and he goes, hey, this is so and so, you know, the one that just got in the car accident. And I was like yeah, he goes, I'm just wondering, like, do you think I can just like pay you? And I go, oh no, I go nope, And I like pretended like I live out of my van all the time. I was like, this is like my house. Let I live out of this thing. I'm filing a claim. Absolutely not, and you would not. He probably thought it was like a little bit of damage because he didn't come look at my car.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was an event.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, like I said, I thought I was fine, and then I woke up Saturday morning and I was in immense pain again. So I'm still dealing with that. But everyone was okay in the end. Nobody got hurt badly besides my back right exactly. But yeah, it was not a great weekend. If you want to see the damage it's on my blog. I mean, his front of his car is messed up, like it's bumpers.
Speaker 3: That's on him. Far enough fairy traffic.
Speaker 8: He's just gonna wait for the traffic to start moving and then he'll be like, oh crap, scur hit the hit the gas.
Speaker 3: And then hit you. That's bonkers. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Every time you talk about your neck being missed up, I think of those AI videos we see with the chiropractor's massage and the old women and then they just pick them up and throw them through the.
Speaker 5: If that means that it would cause the pain to stop, throw me through the damn door. Then miss robed for.
Speaker 3: Like a week.
Speaker 2: I've told Jenny it's like if you want go home and you know, soak in the tub or do something just like I've.
Speaker 5: Done it all. I went to Lifetime last night to sit in the jacuzzi for like twenty minutes, or well, the jacuzzi was closed because that's my luck, but I sat in the sna for twenty minutes. I'm doing like dead hangs now. My chiropractor suggested doing that. It's basically you just hang from.
Speaker 1: The from your arms. Yeah, yeut, how long can you hang from a bar.
Speaker 5: I counted the best I could do was twelve seconds. Well really said it was like a good A good starter amount is ten seconds. So I did it like five times. And I but I also have a bad risk for my metal plate in my wrist. I don't have a good grip in my left hand. I'm just say I walking basket case accident. And I need to wake up every morning and wrap myself in bubble wrap. I think and that, but I also just feel like someone's got to stop messing with my voodoo doll. Like I just feel like someone is just poking me. Because I could go on with a list of other crappy things that happened this weekend. But I'm not gonn to bore you guys, because that was not even like everything that happened agnancy scare oh again that I would be okay.
Speaker 1: With that, that'd be the lightest one on the list.
Speaker 5: It would be perfectly fine and be like this is nothing compared to everything else.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, Well, no hill goes up forever, Jenny. Yeah, so eventually it'll plateau and there'll be an easy coasting side down.
Speaker 1: The other side.
Speaker 3: Do you think that'll happen?
Speaker 1: Like with six an any minute.
Speaker 2: It could be today, could be today, no hill, no hill goes up forever, it'll plaateau and then there'll be an easy coast down.
Speaker 1: The other side.
Speaker 8: And I'm available every day to come over and wrap you in bubble rum.
Speaker 3: Yeah well yeah, yeah, can do that.
Speaker 2: You're so weird, Yes, you so weird, idiot naked. Let's get you some tickets right now to go see a show. Gets you out of the house to go see Conan Gray at Target Center. We'll grab a call in the right now six five one nine eight nine KiB. Yes, that's your time, that's your opportunity. Call win these tickets that little night out on the town. Go get dinner downtown somewhere, go to the show at Target Center, February nineteenth in Gray six five one nine nine KWB. We'll grab a random enthusiastic caller and we'll do that right now, Brian show one on one point three kd WB.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Apparently Drew Barrymore was on Instagram displaying her cooking skills. Now I put skills in quotation marks because well you'll see all that mounters is that you.
Speaker 5: Get there to a really good tasting dish.
Speaker 1: Is that it hold on one a second. Yep, that's it.
Speaker 5: It maunters, is that you get there to a really good tasting dish.
Speaker 3: I don't like hearing her mouth. I won a good time for this, says Brunch. Oh, I hate so much.
Speaker 5: Corney Kardashian low Key revealed that she is three years sober, so in her twenty twenty three dry January evolved into full time sobriety. I guess she posted a video. Who is this Courty Kardashian? Oh, okay, she posted a video on her Instagram stories to celebrate her sister Chloe Kardashian's least protein popcorn flavor. Of course, they've got a new business, of course. And in the video, Courding was handed a Jin mocktail and she captured the clip deaf told them I haven't drank alcohol in three years.
Speaker 3: Fancy Friday.
Speaker 5: Okay, that was dumb, but yeah, I guess she's three years sober and good for her.
Speaker 3: I think getting sober is fantastic. Oo I agree. Uh, here's something else that's fantastic.
Speaker 8: Channing Tatum is going to bring Magic Mike to Times Square, a live production of the mail Stripper show Magic Mike, which is you know that movie that we all enjoyed, and it will be at the Copa Cabana Building in New York City.
Speaker 3: You can go and.
Speaker 8: See all of the hot dudes taking their clothes off. I've seen Magic Mic show. I think I don't know it went on tour or something. I've seen a lot of male strip shows. I'm not gonna lie. They are great and I recommend them.
Speaker 5: So do you think they're better than the Booty Cruise strippers we show? Get?
Speaker 8: One hundred percent? I think the Booty Cruise strippers, I say with love, were the worst.
Speaker 3: Mail strippers ever. Well, yeah, that's be because they were the washup strippers.
Speaker 2: That was the only those guys were great.
Speaker 3: They actually think you saw them on the banks of a river and you're like, oh yeah, what.
Speaker 9: Up?
Speaker 3: Wow guy show.
Speaker 5: You've admitted it before too that those strippers.
Speaker 1: Are well, they were older.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not about them being older. It was just everything in general, everything about them was.
Speaker 3: Kind of stick kind to me, kind of inflated a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, the phone, Okay, I got a story.
Speaker 2: Chris Tapleton is talking about Taylor Swift and the amazing thing that she did with the Eras Tour.
Speaker 1: Here's Chris Tapleton. I took my fish of that show.
Speaker 11: Every song was the production budget of most people's whole show, not included. It's an insane amount of work and energy to expend on something, to delegate and to trust and to manage. It's unfathomable. Only a handful of people can pull that off. And she's one of them.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: You know, his entire like production the budget for one show, she spent that on like one song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Curse.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 5: So Ben Affleck and Matt Damon have another hit with their Netflix crime caper The Rip. Rotten Tomatoes rates at eighty one percent fresh.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Pretty good for Rotten Tomatoes. So now I actually think I want to see it. But they were on the Joe Rogan podcasts and they said that Netflix knows that you're distracted on your phones while streaming, so they make demands on movie producers to try to keep viewers engaged.
Speaker 3: So Matt Damon said that it wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Be a terrible idea if you reiterated the plot three or four times in the dialogue, which I do think is important. And I got to say, I was just talking to Dave and Vaught about this. I watched Sinners for the first time yesterday. How was it not good? In my opinion, really it wasn't bad, but David and I kind of agreed. It went from like one movie to a completely different totally.
Speaker 2: The first half is a western, yeah, and then the second half had suddenly turned unexpectedly into a vampire movie.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a really cool twist. It was really weird, but it was. I really liked it because it was so different.
Speaker 3: Really liked it. Farren was kind of man about it. I was.
Speaker 5: I was expecting the twist because I had heard enough about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I just thought it was.
Speaker 5: A strange movie and it was just not what I was expecting.
Speaker 3: Can I handle it in terms of violence?
Speaker 5: To handle it? It's not that bad. I mean, there's some like goryness to it. But I also was misinformed that there were these crazy sex scenes, and I got to be honest, they were pretty.
Speaker 3: Average at barl like that's it.
Speaker 5: I was like, I don't know, maybe other people's perspectives of crazy sex scenes is different than mine, but like to me, it was pretty basic.
Speaker 3: Dang, well, I'm probably still gonna watch it anyway.
Speaker 8: Poison was supposed to celebrate their fortieth anniversary with a tour this year, but it is now not happening, and it is Brett Michael's fault.
Speaker 3: He thinks here it is.
Speaker 8: Yes, he thinks he's a little more than equal to all of the other guys who are in Poison, and he demanded six hundred percent more money than all the rest of them.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, he is the front man.
Speaker 3: He wrote one hundred percent more, he.
Speaker 2: Wrote all the songs, and he's the gue if you call it gee, he's the mind behind Poison.
Speaker 5: I do agree that he definitely deserves more. However, like what are they getting paid? Because if the other guys are not getting paid, like what is a livable wage for like what they have to do, and Brett's making all this money, then I feel like that that's where it becomes very unfair. But I agree he is the star. Yeah, the reason Poisons a thing.
Speaker 8: But the drummer said that he wanted the lion's share of the money to the point where it makes it not possible to even do it. It's like six dollars to every one of our dollars. You just can't work that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotcha.
Speaker 4: We haven't talked about Kelly Clarkson yet. She might be at the end of her run doing her daytime talk show. There's rumors going around that the show was not sustainable or attainable anymore. And I think a lot of this has to do with Remember last year, Kelly Clarkson's ex husband passed away and she took a step away from her show, and I think the voice she was doing at that point. There's no confirmed, it's not confirmed whether or not the show is ending, but that's what it seems like it's running towards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're gonna give a shout out to the golfers. Now, Goldie came in second. I didn't know there was a mascot contest, but Goldie came in second. I don't know who came in first, but you know, props to them. But the dance team, they came in first in Palm, they came in third. In Jazz Mancato, they competed in a different division, they came in first. And I believe Palm and Jazz and I don't know. I'm sorry, I don't know all the categories, but everybody's talking about the hats. If you go online and look at Mankato's jazz routine. I saw a little bit of it while I was driving in and then I realized, I can't watch videos.
Speaker 1: While I'm driving.
Speaker 2: It's inconvenient because you got to watch both you the road and the jazz performance. So I turned off the phone and actually paid attention to the road. But go check that out because congratulations, pretty amazing performances by the Gophers and Mankato. And that is the dirt on kd wub Wild tickets for you coming up in a few minutes. Stay here, r, there's somebody in the phone right now.
Speaker 1: Who are we talking to?
Speaker 2: Chelsea? And Chelsea were live on the radio right now. What did you want to ask? This is like a kind of a should I dump this guy? Is this a red flag kind of a conversation? Chelsea?
Speaker 1: What's going on well.
Speaker 13: This past weekend? First, let me preface I love fishing. I'm sure you all kind of agree fishing is amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you know, some people in Minnesota are just a live for fishing and some people are like dailies, like ooh worms.
Speaker 13: So yeah, I'm the former. My dad taught me how to fish when I was young. I've been ice fishing my whole life. It's one of my favorite things to do, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, good.
Speaker 13: So this past weekend I went ice fishing on Lake Malax with this guy that I've been seeing. Nothing super serious, but you know, just a good time. Anyway. His family has an ice house and we're having a good time. Everything was great. We're chilling watching football, drinking some beer and okay, you know how the walleye limit is like three?
Speaker 3: I did not know only three. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they're yeah, they're kind of conserving a little bit. So okay, okay, yeah, okay, so not common knowledge to most of us, but okay three.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yes, Well so it's three a day. And he caught six of them and he kept them all and that annoyed me because you know, as you said, there's a lot of people who are nuts about this, and there is a conservation effort, and that's one of the things I was taught, and it's a respect thing. So I was taught to respect the limit. And he got a little condescending and was like, do you really think that me keeping three extra walleye makes a difference? And it was just so condescending the way.
Speaker 3: He said it.
Speaker 2: Can I just stop you for a second. This is the most the soda phone call I've ever gotten in my entire life. There was somebody complaining about ice fishing in the walleye limit. You would never hear this conversation in Kentucky. You would never hear this conversation in Oregon. But the walleye. Okay, you're on Lake Malax catching walleye. He's over his limit. Go ahead, Minnesota with your story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 13: So anyway, he was really condescending. It bothered me, and in a way I didn't want to let it bother.
Speaker 1: The rest of the trip.
Speaker 13: Obviously I love ice fishing Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Sure. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Anyway, I pouted for a little bit and then I just decided and want to letter ruin the entire trip. So I'm we ended up having in okay time, Like he's still a good guy. Yeah, But what I'm thinking is should I even be dating a guy that has no respect for stuff like that?
Speaker 1: Like, I know it sounds really.
Speaker 13: Stupid, but is this the red flag? Is this the dumb reasons?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: But you know what, you how long have you been listening to the show.
Speaker 8: I'm a long time so you've.
Speaker 2: Heard us talk to people before, like, what's the dumb reason you dated? You dumped the guy we like parts his hair on the wrong side. I can't believe he parts his hair on the.
Speaker 3: Wrong side on that sign, so.
Speaker 2: Is I don't think it's a dumb thing. It's a matter of like what other red flags of disrespect does he show? But at the same time, I don't know that's that's it's kind of like the rules don't apply to me.
Speaker 1: That's what I would worry about.
Speaker 8: And I think it's valid to be like a rule follower. I've always been a rule follower. I hate it when I witness other people breaking rules, and I think that is a red flag. And if you're a rule follower and you're like, hey, this is how I've been raised is to like honor this limit. That's why it's there. The limit is there for a reason and we should follow it. And then he's like, well, rules don't apply to me, then yeah, I think if that's if rules apply to you and rules don't apply to him, then I do think that's something to be upset about.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's a step up from like not putting your shopping cart back right, because that's an unwritten rule. This is a real rule that you have, like three walleye limit. But I don't think it's worth leaving the guy.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. I just I'm still shaking my head. We're the most Minnesota conversation ever on the walleye limit being a red flag. Okay, you're getting a lot of text messages with some responses here. Yeah, if you just turn the radio on, she's saying, should I dump this guy? We're at Lake Malax over the weekend walleye limit. You had mentioned before I talked to you. You caught your limit, so you caught your three. You stopped at three. Good for you, congratulations. So he caught six, kept him all and he's like, wow, watch difference do make you thinking? This big lake? It makes a difference. So a lot of text messages, he's a toolbag. Another one says, however, if everybody took three over the limit, there wouldn't be any walle eyes left and that, and that's kind of true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody wants to know is his name? Brad? Don't answer that? Yeah, dump him? Red flag?
Speaker 1: Dumping him as crazy I don't know.
Speaker 5: I am on the side of like it's not good because I'm a real follower too, But I would like wait to see if there's like a couple other things that come up about doesn't follow the rules first, because like this might just be like the one thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know how many rules they ought to break? Yeah, here's a list.
Speaker 8: Sydney Texan saying it says a lot about his character. He probably cuts in line at the store, he doesn't put his card away, he doesn't respect society and thinks he can.
Speaker 3: Do what he wants.
Speaker 1: Again, the card is an unwritten rule. I do that. I'm guilty.
Speaker 2: There's a there's an amazing amount of text messages who think that this is not a guy. Somebody says the red flag here is not the limit. It's his condescending tone.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think they're they're paired together. I think they go together. That's not just the condescending tone, but it's also and I get to keep all these fish.
Speaker 2: Stupid uh and just more random text messages get rid of him, especially since you voice concern and he turned that down. This one says I could not be with a non rule follower. But I've coached my boyfriend to be more of a rule follower, so that's an option.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I kind of side with It's kind of like keep an eye on other things because if you had a good time. But I would also maybe, like, you know, the fact that he was disrespectful when it's like, come on, nobody's gonna care that I caught six. I wonder if he would have caught twelve, would he have kept twelve?
Speaker 8: Crazy?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's one of the reasons why there's a limit, right exactly.
Speaker 8: And someone detect and saying, as another woman who loves ice fishing, this piece me off, especially because it's malax and they are so tight on their walleye they really are. Yeah, And so yeah, if you grabbed twelve and took twelve, then what the heck you for?
Speaker 3: Any furnos?
Speaker 5: How are you smuggling out all these fish?
Speaker 3: It's not like people put them in your pants one eye, you put one in the other legs. That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: While I big, while I are fairly big, there's the size of your forearm.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well then yeah, that's a problem. I thought they were much like goldfish or like a little bigger. I was like, what's the big deal?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: You know I know nothing about fishing any sports?
Speaker 1: No, Chelsea, Right, yeah, Chelsea, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it it seriously, You've given me a memory that I will remember until I forget of the most men soda phone call we've ever gotten before.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Chelsea, good good luck? Yeah, thank you. Wow?
Speaker 2: What somebody else are going to call about some of the got in argument about hockey?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then oh wait till they get to curling.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I was out with this guy and we were curling on our way to the hockey game. Of course we stopped and ice fished on the way, and then we watch them snowshoes and the phone.
Speaker 1: What's that Teresa? Yes, oh we have some feedback. Hi, Teresa, Hello, good morning, Good morning, Walleye line. Go ahead, you're on the air.
Speaker 10: Good morning. So, not only is it against the law if you get caught, they can take your fishing house and all of your fishing supplies. So definitely a red flag.
Speaker 2: How do they catch you, Teresa? I mean, did they come out and do random spot checks?
Speaker 10: If the DNR would find out that you have more than three fish with you or any limit for any time of the year. If you have more, they can take any of your stuff that you have with.
Speaker 2: You at the time, So they can pull a truck out and pull your ice house away and the house away in.
Speaker 10: Time, they can take all of it.
Speaker 1: What about your vexel r Can they take your vexel art all of it? All of it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, hey, thank you. I appreciate that. Is there another call about this?
Speaker 1: Yes? Me is on the phone.
Speaker 2: God, wow, you know I tell you get people in Minnesota riled up about things ice fishing?
Speaker 1: Hello, what's up?
Speaker 10: Has zero?
Speaker 6: And just an ice fishing? And I do feel like when it comes to integrity and the type of person you want to date in the type of person if you see a future with this person, if you want to have children with him, is he can I teach his son that wills don't matter and real don't apply to him and he can do whatever he wants. So just something to consider. It's bigger than just a fish. It's like who you are as a person.
Speaker 1: I think that that's so true.
Speaker 2: Is an integrity, then it's the kind of person like where I've had three or four beers I'm fine drive.
Speaker 1: I just don't know what other dumb things did they do. He's not stealing from the grocery store.
Speaker 4: But she also she also said that it's not that serious, like she just enjoys going to have a good time with them. So I'm not even thinking that deep. If I'm Chelsea like, oh, well, how's he going to raise our kids? If he's stealing Walleye from relax, you know what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if he's perfect in every other way, I'm saying, you know, it just could be.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well that I'm going to tell you, thanks again, Chelsea for that phone call, which I will remember until I forget. If you want have something going on, you want our opinion and the opinion and people who listen to the show, this is the place to do it. Send us an email to Ryan Show at KATW dot com. Hold on, sneeze, coming on, hold.
Speaker 3: On, Oh oh gosh, oh oh no.
Speaker 5: You know what I Holiday stations stire for it, Baily five dollars meal deal right now?
Speaker 3: Are you hungry? I am, I'm always hungry.
Speaker 5: Okay, you can get a lunch sandwich, bag of chips, and a Polar Pop or medium coffee for just fuh check that out today. If you're like, I don't really want to have to make food today, I'm here for that. And you know what, I also need gasoline?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: That makes it? You can all in one, baby, yeah, all in one?
Speaker 5: I should is that it is that you've got more comfort to Dave normally has probably like eight sneezes at a time. Bailey is more of like a two to four kind of sneeze. Yeah, and I hear that, and one sneeze is an eighth of an o oh, yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 8: So Dave's over here in front of us, just like doing it in front of us inappropriate?
Speaker 3: So inappropriate?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 1: And I don't get it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, do you.
Speaker 2: Guys want to win giveaway wild tickets? Where you doing that right now?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the way it works.
Speaker 2: I will give you one song to puzzle over this and see if you can figure it out. The game Connections is the second most played game in the on your phone, and like the New York Times app, so most people play wordle. I did not get wordle today. It was too tricky for me. I gave up amateur. But then I played Connections, and I also gave up on that one. But I did get strands with no hints, so I'm pretty excited about that one.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm going to give you a Connections. You tell me what it is, how these four words are connected. You call me at sixty five one nine eight nine KTWB and you'll win the wild tickets. What's the game anyway? Do you guys know the game?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I don't have a yes, I do have me Okay, go ahead, Jenny. Oh, I was going to say they play the Detroit Red Wings coming up this Thursday, January twenty second.
Speaker 1: Okay, for the tickets for the game, and.
Speaker 4: Real quick, don't call you because you have to hear the connections to play.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good point, yes, can't. Here we go.
Speaker 2: The words are laugh, resort, straw supper.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I think it's easy because I know the answer. I'll give them to you again. It probably helped to write them down, but don't try to write them down if you're driving. Laugh, resort straw supper.
Speaker 3: I've got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, puzzle over those for a second. Let's pop in a song.
Speaker 3: Here, Len right now, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I got it. You got it? Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 3: You guys don't.
Speaker 1: I think I got it? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Being smart, you know, sometimes it's a burden that I have to bear.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry for you. Okay, you call me out. You've got the answer to the wild tickets. The words again our laugh, resort straw and supper, good luck.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get back to it and see if we have a win.
Speaker 5: NERD.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people who texted in the correct answer, and that's great. I admire it. You got it, But to win, you must call six' five one nine eight NINE kwb the words on connections. Today are you? Ready this is just like the game on your? Phone, Laugh resort straw, SUPPER, Hm betsy is on the. Phone good, Morning, betsy good. Morning are you ready to win the wild?
Speaker 1: Tickets?
Speaker 2: BETSY i am. Ready, okay the words once. Again i've said them sixteen, times but here we go. Again, Laugh resort straw, Supper. Betsy what's the? Connection they all start.
Speaker 8: With last, last, last last, supper last, resort.
Speaker 1: What was the other? One last the other?
Speaker 2: One what was the other?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 1: No no go?
Speaker 2: Buck and last, call last, call no last laugh resort straw and last. Supper, yeah, yeah you got.
Speaker 1: It you're a. Winner, yeah, Yea. BETSY i need you to do. BETTER i need you TO i need.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 2: Yay i'm gonna be like the guy who's, like good morning, everyone people go good. MORNING i, SAID i didn't hear.
Speaker 7: THAT i, said good everybody hates that you're doing a.
Speaker 1: Speech how's everybody doing out? There?
Speaker 2: Yay oh that didn't sound, GOOD i, Said, Yeah, betsy you, Excited, BETSY i.
Speaker 10: Am i've never been to A wild game.
Speaker 2: Before oh my, god you're gonna love. It bailey went to her First wild game last week.
Speaker 3: And you did and we lost a. Lot but that's.
Speaker 8: OKAY i chose ones THAT i, like players THAT i wanted them to be in, love SO i just tracked them throughout the whole.
Speaker 3: Game and that's what made it fun for. Me has been watching that Show Unheeded? Rivalry, yeah that's.
Speaker 2: True you are, ridiculous, Ridiculous. Betsy please hold for your wild. Tickets, okay, okay, okay hold on for one. Second we will have More wild, TICKETS i think all this. Week so if you want your, tickets this is the place to get. Them let Do i'm gonna tell you a couple of other things that are coming. Up war of The roses coming up a little. Bit we're gonna play, bandle which is kind of like, wordle but it's. Music It's bailey showed it to. Us it's, like, oh that's a lot of. Fun we'll do that coming. Up but right, Now, Oh jenny's been On. Reddit you're in.
Speaker 5: A job on right, Now i've got some jobs that make, surprising like good. Money so maybe look into the this and if you guys have anything you want to shout, out you're more than welcome. To first off is a trash truck. DRIVER i have thought about that before BECAUSE i feel Like i've seen advertising for, them and it's like it's quite a bit of.
Speaker 2: Money LIKE i have a friend that does that, much makes in the low one. Hundreds, really so, yeah they're not just a, driver but they're like a manager of other. Drivers but, yeah it's something that. People people don't usually, say you know WHAT i want to? Do drive a garbage, truck, right there's some money in. There another one is pest. Control this person Said i'm far from, rich BUT i. Wasn't Still i'm making more money than either of my parents ever. Have And i'm only twenty five years, old so that's a good.
Speaker 8: One.
Speaker 3: Nice i've definitely.
Speaker 5: Heard about this, before BUT i think that this is a little bit of a dangerous job being. Alignment oh, yeah they Make this person, SAID i know many who make two hundred to three hundred k with hot in areas with high storm.
Speaker 3: Activity what's an?
Speaker 5: Alignment they go up and like change the publectricity power, lines they fix, things and thought that was like football line.
Speaker 3: Them, WELL i mean those guys make a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Too you can't just go apply no no with.
Speaker 3: That one crumples up resume.
Speaker 5: The jobs that makes surprisingly good money cops in certain. States apparently In New jersey they can easily make two hundred k with.
Speaker 3: Overtime but then you live In New. Jersey oh there's. That, fuck what a fight to go?
Speaker 5: On tap of trash truck Drivers just truck drivers in general make anywhere from like one hundred and thirty to one hundred and FIFTY. K AND i know people who work FOR ups. Two this person said that they make one hundred and seventy and so that's a good job, too A.
Speaker 1: Ups, yeah, WOW i MEAN.
Speaker 5: I THINK ups everywhere's, Union so there's a lot of benefits in that. Aspect but, yeah you can make a good amount of money work for, them.
Speaker 8: Didn't we have somebody on the show once though that like did drive a semi and they, saw like saw some weird. Stuff when you drive a semi you can see into people's.
Speaker 3: Cars oh, YEAH, Ok and they were, like we've seen some.
Speaker 1: Things i'm sure they.
Speaker 8: Have, yeah fascinating to hear stories from semi truck.
Speaker 5: Drivers another, ONE i think this is a surprise and to a lot of, people but servers can make a lot of money in certain, restaurants especially if you work for like a high end. One and one person said that they know a server who would always start at a restaurant like they're opening near when like the lines were out the, door and then once that kind of, ended they'd go on to the next.
Speaker 3: ONE i.
Speaker 5: Mean but also LIKE i know people who have worked in restaurants and they have. Accents accents always help, servers so develop either have an accent or develop an.
Speaker 3: Accent to die the first time you've come in.
Speaker 5: HERE i worked with The Carol mikaela At Bubba gump and she was From slovakia and people loved her because of.
Speaker 3: That, thick thick.
Speaker 5: Accent, basically any trade, JOB i feel like trade jobs. ARE i, MEAN i know that they're struggling to find people who can do trades anymore because like our, Generation Bailey andnized generation all kind of went to like a four year college and got those kind of degrees instead of going to trade. School but a lot of trade jobs make.
Speaker 3: A ton of.
Speaker 5: Money and last one is a sex.
Speaker 3: Worker you can make a lot of money doing that.
Speaker 8: Day yea.
Speaker 3: Some new.
Speaker 2: Job let's be. Honest you have you have to have a certain VIBE x. FACTOR i think.
Speaker 8: You just need low. Lighting, dave that's probably you just don't turn the big light. On, yeah don't turn on the big, one turn that.
Speaker 1: ON i can't see.
Speaker 5: Him, Yeah, Look dave opens the door and they're like hello because it's pitch, black and they're, like come on.
Speaker 3: In there's smoke, happening and you're, like what's going on in?
Speaker 8: Here? WOW i can't see, him but WHATEVER i can see seems pretty.
Speaker 2: Odd, okay, fine you got too much of a kick out of that, day all?
Speaker 1: Right you, know wanting to.
Speaker 2: Stop you wanted a PLACE i want you want to Hear golden or do you want to hear nice to meet?
Speaker 3: YOU i want to Hear golden.
Speaker 8: Personally And jenny knew that because that hadn't even come out of my mouth.
Speaker 1: Yet let's do. It let's do.
Speaker 2: It this song will get stuck in your mind and it'll drive you, crazy but it's so. Good It's golden ON. Katiewb good, morning IT'S. Katwb it's a very cold. Outside today's high minus seventy, four minus seventy. Four it was like, fourteen but you, know might as well be minus seventy. Four you're gonna take your dog, out and take your dog for a walk in this, weather you gotta put some booties.
Speaker 4: ON i tried to put booties On, ava my, puppy but they flop, off and not only she not only doesn't like, them but they just flop. Off so then we took her out just, regularly just her. Paws so she started, BLEEDING i guess because her paws were. Dry so you got to get something CALLED i think it's called. Mushers it's like like a. Moisturizer rubbed that on their paws every couple of. Days that way they stay not they don't get. Dry, okay good to.
Speaker 2: KNOW i went down To fido's, pantry shout, out and trust, ME i didn't get them for. Free they donated For christmas, wish but your boy pays full. Price SO i went down and you get the little booties for the, dog but you got a velcro one really.
Speaker 1: Tight.
Speaker 2: Yeah and the guy working there At fido's pantry over in chan he, said you're not going to get him too, tight so don't if there's, velcro so get it on there tight and then they don't come. Off and it Took bernie about two or three minutes to get used. To he looked like a show horse they do. It, yeah weird running kind of a. Thing but then he was fine with. It so, yeah CAN i ask you a? Question you got back From? Colorado, right was last night your first night sleeping in the new?
Speaker 3: House?
Speaker 1: Yeah it was the. House it was. Weird it is.
Speaker 2: IT'S i love the, house it's just. Weird it's not home, yet, yeah and it's going to take a while for it to feel like. Home it feels Like i'm visiting somebody's.
Speaker 1: House are you.
Speaker 3: Helping like decorate and like organize it or is that All.
Speaker 2: Susan, YEAH i be honest with, you it's mostly. Her, yeah Because i've been gone In. Colorado, yeah and so she's done a, lot but she has definitely done her share of validated complaining about it so completely. Vouded i'm, like, yeah she's, Like i've made so many trips back and forth to the old. House it's about ten miles to the other. House and and it's like you think, that you, know like you've got. Everything it's, like.
Speaker 1: Oh this.
Speaker 2: Room oh so there's boxes. Everywhere and so we're trying to Teach. Bernie he's outside on a tie down because he's you, know we don't have invisible, fence and he's not conditioned yet to go outside and come right back in on his, own so we put him on a tie, down but it's long enough that he can go to the neighbor's. Yard oh of, course he prefers the neighbor's yard to poop. In so if you are my new, NEIGHBOR i haven't not introduced myself. Yet High i'm day for next. Door, yeah that's my, Dog. Bernie we are well aware that our dog is going into your yard and doing his, Business so we're trying our best to take care of.
Speaker 8: That can't you just, like shorten the, leash shorten the tie down so he can't get over to the neighbor's.
Speaker 3: Yard rocket. Science to, me it's it's, yeah, neighbors we're pretty. Cool could? You AND i have a?
Speaker 5: Question did you And susan break in the house?
Speaker 1: Yet come? On come?
Speaker 8: On?
Speaker 5: Maybe like you said gross over the, WEEKEND i was, like.
Speaker 2: No it's warm. UP i got into bed last night and she's over on her. Side i'm getting. In she had hired a rodeo clown to stand in the middle of the bed waving a red blanket to keep me from coming over on her side of the.
Speaker 1: Bed he's in a.
Speaker 2: Barrel he's in a, barrel popping up out of the, barrel And i'm butting the barrel.
Speaker 1: Trying to get over, there and.
Speaker 2: It's red flag at a rodeo CLOWN i keep to keep me away.
Speaker 1: From her side of the.
Speaker 8: BED i know that the color red makes you, anchy SO i understand why that was probably hard for.
Speaker 1: You i'm, like, WELL i guess that's a. No a rodeo.
Speaker 2: Clown all, right what else are we doing? Here we're gonna play a quick game of. Band it's kind of a fun little musical, game and where The twin cities number one hit music. Stations so let's play. It give us a cruise for the.
Speaker 8: Day Base so bandal, right now it is going to be a song that's released in nineteen. Ninety it has one point two billion YouTube views, though so it's got to be something. Popular but it says for, difficulty it's very.
Speaker 2: Hard oh so we shall. See yesterday's was Post malone And i've never heard of that.
Speaker 3: Song oh, really we play it on? Here, Okay, yeah BUT i didn't know the title of.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 8: Okay so the first level here is drums and. Bass here we, go.
Speaker 1: Nineteen.
Speaker 2: Ninety, okay we know we need.
Speaker 8: Another, layer, okay so the next one, here this is going to add guitar one and.
Speaker 3: Two here we. GO i THINK i got, it, really.
Speaker 1: Hold on for one more?
Speaker 8: Day, no, okay but you think you have? It, Okay i'm gonna skip, though just in. Case we'll just do three and then let me know BECAUSE i don't want, to you, know ruin this whole. Bit if you get it right, ON i don't know what thank? You all, Right so electric guitar is what we're going to add.
Speaker 1: Nineteen.
Speaker 3: Ninety, yeah it's, popular.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It i'm like the same as, mom LIKE i feel LIKE i, know BUT i don't know what it's.
Speaker 8: Called, Okay i'm going to add more electric guitar and an organ and.
Speaker 3: Synth i'm adding a bunch of stuff, Here.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay here we. Go, anything, no, nothing all right, now this is a difficulty. Hard this is difficulty.
Speaker 8: Hard so it says for par it says par five and we're about to get the fifth one. Here so this includes the voice cover and backing. Vocals here we.
Speaker 1: Go It's Europe europe winds of.
Speaker 8: Change, okay let me say winds of change wins if that's what it.
Speaker 3: Is von did not know orpions winds of. Change, okay here we. Go that is.
Speaker 1: Correct here's a real song.
Speaker 2: Ad it's such a moving. Song it was all about the fall of The Berlin wall and that type of, thing and is all about how you, know the The russians and The West germans And East germans were all coming together and you could feel the winds of.
Speaker 3: Chain Oh i've even heard that, song a really beautiful. Song, well there you. Go then that's Bandal baby.
Speaker 1: DID i blow it by blurting it out too.
Speaker 8: Early, no because you waited until like the, end and the last clue we would have gotten was like a, clue and the clue Is breeze Of.
Speaker 3: Transformation so is it all?
Speaker 1: Right the game is Called.
Speaker 2: Bandle we've blown it for you, today but you can play it tomorrow unless you hear us blow it for you first On katie.
Speaker 8: W b