Speaker 1: It is Monday, April twentieth, twenty twenty six. Wats to get you today? From more news about this show, to new updates and the Bahamas overboard story and a mystery white truck stockswomen in Montana, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text s, more sealand is here?
Speaker 2: Hello, and so are you? You can join us on the show. All you have to do is send us a dispatch.
Speaker 1: Go to the neewsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and Twitch.
Speaker 2: Dot tv Slash the news Junkie. Your message is rolling right of the studio at a real time.
Speaker 1: How's everybody doing on a Monday? Oh pretty good? Yeah I think you? Yeah, yeah, good good goodish.
Speaker 2: Got some news today that we'll get into at some point time about the show. Got Amy Kaufeld joining us. Nice a little bit here, you know, got an exciting Monday planned.
Speaker 1: Let's well, let's just get started as we always do.
Speaker 2: Let's put our ears the ground, our fingers on the pulse, Let's see what's happening in this great, big wide world of ours. And we go to a very strange man. Everybody, I have not heard of this man before, but now I'm intrigued. All right, I'm intrigued.
Speaker 1: Sei. Let are you familiar with an Alex Terrible? Do you know who that is? No, Alex Terrible is a stage name. Perhaps I think that's his stage This is Terrible. We didn't have Alex and yeah, I think this is I don't think it's a family lineage name. I think I think that this is a stage name. But you're not going to forget Alex Terrible in a couple of seconds here, because he's on some MMA show and I think he's like a heavy metal singer. I don't know much about him, but I was just so unbelievably.
Speaker 3: Honestly, when you said the guy we've never heard of, and I'm looking at what we're looking at here, I thought you were going to say ari Ol Helwani, because I was like, who the hell is that?
Speaker 2: I don't either. He's from the MMA world, so I don't expect to know him, right. But but the guy that he's interviewing, all right, he's over here and his name is Alex Terrible and he's about to show off one.
Speaker 1: Of the talents that this guy has and you'll remember this, so here we go.
Speaker 4: Would it be rude for me to ask you to do it? Would that be rude? Would okay?
Speaker 1: All right? He said? Would it be rude for me to ask you to do it? Any idea what this Alex Terrible guy is about to do in the studio?
Speaker 3: Alex Terrible has what is sounding like some sort of party trick maybe that he does. But I think so there's the reason it's rude. Is is it bodily or or it is bodily?
Speaker 2: It's a bodily thing that he's asking him to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does he.
Speaker 3: Have some sort of like a fart control that's just beyond the normal person's fart control.
Speaker 4: Let's see, let's what we got. Would it be rude for me to ask you to do it? Would that be rude?
Speaker 1: Would you are you a wow? What is that? What the hell is that?
Speaker 2: Ro Could you imagine how powerful I would be if I could do that? Could you imagine ladies and gentlemen flexing that in a meeting. If you're sitting down in a meeting with your boss and you go.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's going on? And they go, here's what I want you to do this week? And you go, oh, are you a wow, whatever you want. After that, berbers are just screaming. He's screaming. He the guy. I guess he's part of some metal bands.
Speaker 2: He laid And when Alex Terrible is performing on stage, he doesn't need a microphone. Okay, the man doesn't need a microphone.
Speaker 3: He's When Alex Terrible is finished performing on stage, he doesn't get on another stage for two months because he's got to recover from a performance such as that.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy. Think listen to that noise. That's insane. Plays the MGM Lion with that like at the beginning of the movie. Oh my god, I.
Speaker 3: Would be hilarious if he did that at the movie theater, just like everybody's packed in to see this new movie. The MGM logo comes on and Metro Goldwyn Mayer and the lion opens his mouth and Alex Terrible just stands up from the back row and does that. And then I think people would leave. I think that would go something is not right here.
Speaker 2: But could you imagine if you squared up to somebody in a fight and you just did that right in their face.
Speaker 1: I would run. Yeah, it would be like, wow, I gotta go in the opposite direction.
Speaker 2: Here the idea that that can come out of a human being. I don't know anything about his band, but I salute you, sir.
Speaker 3: I mean if he, if he were, it'd be hilarious to find out that he's actually a pussy, you know, like he can scream like that, but it's all he can do. Like if you actually try to bow up to him, he did, he's useless.
Speaker 1: I would not fight that man. I just immediately would die.
Speaker 2: But I literally in the middle of a like a contract negotiation. If you pop this out, I don't even know how many days I have left. I'm so you know, down in the dumps these days. I don't know how how many days I have left in my contract. But if I sat down with the suits and pulled that off, I think I'd regain control. I think I'd wrestle back full control.
Speaker 1: I would probably be the CEO within a week.
Speaker 3: He has said in interviews how he's a pretty soft guy and he's nice and like, I go, you know that, I'm not surprised that, you know, it's just a completely normal, you know, not completely normal guy's got neck tattoos, so you know, you don't just get neck tattoos out of nowhere but normal guy. And then all of a sudden he has that little thing, that little.
Speaker 1: Noise he does, and then you know, even fake.
Speaker 3: It, and then he goes, you know, he gets done with the show and the next day you see him in Starbucks.
Speaker 2: If I literally put everything into it and attempted to do that, I would shoot my vocal cords out of my throat.
Speaker 1: They would fly out of my throat. I just don't know what to do. I would have thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 3: That's probably what would happened to me, is if I try to do something like that today.
Speaker 1: He's just built differently.
Speaker 2: And I bring to you a question after this, because there's a video that's going megaviral that's sort of, you know, in a way related to this guy, a death metal singer, a rock band singer, and and the way that the performance is going all this and what are the videos I saw this weekend that has started a massive conversation around what's proper and improper with your kidids? And it's this little girl and she's at a metal show and her pops puts her up in the air over the crowd, okay, and she's I'll show you what's going on here, and I'll explain it to everybody here, but I want to turn this into a bigger question because I do think it's kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: She has all right, that's her dad. That's crowdsurfing.
Speaker 2: Her dad is crowdsurfing and he's on his back and he's holding his little daughter.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's standing on his chest and kind of adorable. Yeah. Yeah, she's doing like the the you know, the death metal horns on her finger. She's maybe four or.
Speaker 2: Three or something like that, and dad is is he's crowdsurfing.
Speaker 1: She's standing up. She trying to be a little older than that. I don't know. She's pretty young though, yeah, yeah, yeah, she's one digit age for sure.
Speaker 2: But she's doing like death metal, you know, like the horns on your hand. And people were like, this is unbelievable. I'll give you some of the reactions.
Speaker 1: So it's obviously very intense, you know, a big heavy metal show, and people were upset about a couple of things.
Speaker 2: One people were like, you know, a kid shouldn't be crowdsurfing that age.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: A kid her age and let's say four or five years old or whatever, a kid that age should one thousand percent not be crowdsurfing.
Speaker 1: It's dangerous.
Speaker 2: There are creepers everywhere that might try to grab at her or do something weird.
Speaker 3: I think this, though, is the safest way for a girl her age, or perhaps any age.
Speaker 2: Her body is not touching anything other than her father.
Speaker 1: Boddie. She is on top of her.
Speaker 2: Father as he is holding her up, and he's you know, supporting her in this moment. John Over on Tjchats's child abuse called DCF. Look, there's a lot of people who see this, tell you, and they have these reactions.
Speaker 1: And here's the post along with this.
Speaker 2: Father faces criticism after taking his daughter to a rock festival.
Speaker 1: It's not a healthy environment for a.
Speaker 2: Child's not a healthy environment for a child, they said. And as long as you're being a good parent, I think you could take your kid well, just about anywhere, because so many of these decisions that you make are about you being a great parent. Despite the circumstances. How could it be dangerous for a little girl inside a metal mosh pit?
Speaker 1: Hell, yet it could be for me inside a metal It's probably more so for me and you than her. Right when I when I look at this, I go.
Speaker 2: Everything that matters here is in the nuance, right the little girl number one is quite clearly visibly having a ball.
Speaker 1: Yes, she would be to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is having a good time at this metal show. She's standing up, she's she's probably gonna remember this for the rest of her life. And somebody even saying that just now on YouTube as the words are are coming out of my mouth here, she's gonna.
Speaker 1: Remember this for the rest of her life.
Speaker 2: But I ask of you, is it inappropriate to take little kids to concerts like this? To have little kids up close at a rock concert or I don't know, for that matter, a rap show or whatever you would have. This really had people ripping each other apart online.
Speaker 3: I kind of wonder if you know what her exact age is, because it's hard to tell the like it's hard to tell how tall she is because she's above the entire crowd. So it's you know, the perspective is not helping me much. But at a certain age she should still have ear protection on. And I'm surprised, like a lot of people, and I haven't read the comments, so I'm just seeing what you know, like YouTube and Twitter are saying about this. Yeah, it doesn't look like she's wearing like what I would put on my kid.
Speaker 2: But top comment is how often do you get the CrowdSurf on your dad though?
Speaker 1: Which is true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is, as you might imagine, a whole bunch of really racist and crazy people because it's x dot com slash Twitter, and they're fighting over all the dumb things.
Speaker 1: That you could imagine.
Speaker 2: Somebody says, letting all those little pervs look up her dress? Know how many times a girl gets lingered if she crowdsurfs? Again, all of these things are like Situationally, I think, are.
Speaker 1: We calling it lingered now because of the algorithm?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably everything else's censored so now we can't even say this. But this little girl you got to go with the kids. Look at her, she's having the time of her life. So I think it's all about what type of parent you are being in this situation. If you're like a really great dad and super protective, I think even in this situation you could probably protect your kid and have a blast with him. But let us know what you think about this.
Speaker 1: Send us a dispatch in over on the website news junkie dot com.
Speaker 3: Props to that dad, he is holding her up, and that is some arm strength. I mean, in addition to all the other strengths that it would require of a person to let their daughter stand on his stomach during this entire thing.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if I could do the shoulders after a while. God, yeah, So there you go. Let us do what you think, give us your thoughts. I'll also share with you something over this week and that I just thought was it's so phenomenal.
Speaker 2: It goes into the whole robot uprising thing that I've been talking about over and over and over again on the show, and it's about something that happened for I think the second year in a row in China, in Beijing, they did a marathon and they had the robots running the marathon again.
Speaker 3: And for just robots, no humans, or this is a mixed mixed doubles both, it's mixed.
Speaker 2: It's some robots, some humans, and for the first time in history, a robot won the marathon. Okay, a robot won the actual marathon, but it wasn't without a whole bunch of really weird twisting turns. And we're gonna have a laugh about this when we come back. Also, as I said off the jump, I got some news about the show today. We'll see what you think about that will work that. And we got our friend Amy Kaufeld coming up and not even an.
Speaker 1: Hour here on this show. We'll see what's happening with.
Speaker 2: Her, and a whole lot more on a busy Monday that's coming up next.
Speaker 1: I'm going to use Junkie.
Speaker 2: Half of the people on the in the chat are the incredibly nice type of people that you would think are fans of the show Sealing, and half of the other people like the new haircut shows off your five head, which I disproved immediately. I put four fingers on my forehead and that's it. That's all the room it takes up. There is no five head there. It's just fake news. Going five head is a measurement in fingers. Oh I disagree, Hang on five head.
Speaker 3: I think it just means your forehead so big that four is too low of a number.
Speaker 1: You need to get one up to five.
Speaker 2: Why isn't it called your forehead because it's four fingers space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it is. It's not spelled fo.
Speaker 2: You are look at the camera here on our system, on our video system, put your fingers there?
Speaker 1: How many? You don't even have four? You got three? Yeah, that's what. Yeah, that's a little sad. Actually, yeah, what are you talking about? You? That's a you got a three head? Is what's going on there?
Speaker 2: I could I could see as clear as day. They saw it on the stream. Everybody saw that.
Speaker 1: That's why you You put four fingers up there, that you know, and they didn't fit. They were all squished. You only had a room for three. This guy, I think this is how it works. You put four fingers up there. That's where forehead comes from. You know, over time it changed to a different spelling. Okay, I'm actually google fou r head. That's what he used to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and then like back in the caveman days of Bill Wolfingo, you know, there was a whole thing, and then over time it changed a little bit.
Speaker 1: So let's get into the real news here.
Speaker 2: Let's get into what's going on and what's what's what's really deserving of your focus here today. I've talked for years, literal years. Right now, I continue that conversation. I've talked about these robots that are incredibly dangerous and they're really getting more and more powerful by the day. AI is on its own a very shocking and interesting, mind blowing thing.
Speaker 1: Awesome but also terrifying.
Speaker 2: Yes, like I'm not just over here like I want all this stuff shut down. I'm not really the unibomber, even though he's a great writer. I watch the stuff that's going on with robots and with AI, and I think about the potentialities of this and the outcomes. As I've said a million times, I don't care about stupid teams or political parties. I care about outcomes. My entire philosophy boils down to outcomes and creating the best positive.
Speaker 1: Outcomes for the most amount of people. That's what I look to in the world and what I want to bring to it.
Speaker 2: And I think that there's a lot of good outcomes that come from robotics and technology, but some bad ones too. And they had them run for the second year in a row in Beijing, China, a marathon, so they literally put robots and humans together, and this says you can't run from technology, especially not now. Over the weekend, event organizers in Beijing, China hosted a half marathon race. It was marathon crazy. Over the weekend, I ran into a marathon. They were doing in town because marathon's.
Speaker 1: All over the place.
Speaker 2: Beautiful weekend in the United States of America.
Speaker 3: Hot hot weekend for a marathon in this side of the country.
Speaker 2: Well, I think every weekend is a hot weekend for a marathon in the bad way for me, there's there's no perfect marathon, whether for me necessarily, but this is.
Speaker 1: The number of participating.
Speaker 2: Humanoid teams jump nearly five hundred percent this year, and the machines ran away with the competition. This year's winning robot outpaced last years by nearly two hours. For the first time, a robot beat the humans at the half marathon race.
Speaker 1: All right, a robot beat the humans.
Speaker 2: The first person a Crosswell I shouldn't say that. The first thing across the finish line was a robot named Lightning that won in fifty minutes and twenty six seconds. That shatters the human record of fifty seven minutes in twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it doesn't need to take breaks. Yeah, no, there's no sing down.
Speaker 3: Does the robot have to charge at all? Or is it to do this whole thing on one charge?
Speaker 2: I think it's one charge, one charge. It gets it going for like an hour. Jay turned on YouTube said, did the robot get to keep his metal?
Speaker 1: I just welded it to his chest.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a couple of things first. This will give you some peace of mind because one of the robots had the most hilarious start in the history of all things running that I could think of. Here's one of the robots getting off to their start at the marathon.
Speaker 1: It goes off to the races. Betty, that's not real, Yes it is. That's absolutely real. I saw this video over the weekend. I thought it was so fake. This is real. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The robot starts, folks, and he goes or it goes about five six paces and then trips over a speed.
Speaker 1: All of its arms fly off. The legs are still in, but there's pieces of robot everywhere.
Speaker 3: Is the robot not programmed to realize it has fallen and stop trying to run like it looks like the robots still trying to run.
Speaker 2: It's running itself further into the asphalt. So for those of you who are worried about this kind of stuff, this is a little bit of a positive thing.
Speaker 1: And I'll put this up.
Speaker 2: On see it now because I know that it's it's a visual and I always try to put it up there so you guys.
Speaker 1: Can see it when you get a chance. Put the robot. This is a burn. And then because it's not a human, it's just flailing against the ground.
Speaker 3: Do you see what they're running out with, Well, what do they have? It looks like a stretcher. They're gonna put the robot on the stretcher.
Speaker 1: This is what happens. Eventually you think the robots are humans. Johnny five is alive, you know what I mean? This is like this is it? So that I thought was.
Speaker 2: Good news, as in some of the robots are not so fast anymore. And then there was there was a robot that came across. I think this might have been lightning. No, this is not, because this is fifty nine minutes. So this is one of the robots that was a little slower than the world record. Also hilarious. All right, robot is running. I'll put both these up. Turn the bright robot's running goes across the finish line right in an hour. Here goes still going, still going, inability to stop.
Speaker 1: Just runs. It runs across the finish line and then there's a wall at the end of the finish line and the robot just pounds into it and falls over to forrest gump of robots. Just keep I just kept running.
Speaker 2: That one didn't go go too well, hang on, I gonna keep the other one up because I want to make sure I put both of these up for you after the segment here.
Speaker 3: So I honestly thought that that first one was fake when I saw it the week on the way that the one arm so cartoonishly explodes off of the robot and flails in mid air.
Speaker 1: Go, this was an AI video. I didn't think that was real at all. That was real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the robot won the half marathon in Beijing, China, which that's scary.
Speaker 1: Everybody goes, well, I'll just rout run the robot. I'll just I'll run him, and I will have a problem, And I go, well, what if the robots have guns, don't worry. I'll get a head start. I'll your all run.
Speaker 2: And then you think, well, some of these robots are faster than you. Already, this is already, this is twenty twenty six. You think the robots are gonna get dumber from here, you think they're gonna slow down.
Speaker 1: My friend John, he texts me.
Speaker 3: That he ran one of those Disney ones over the weekend. Right, it was ten miles ten mile Disney race that was on Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: He said it was hot and miserable.
Speaker 3: It was the first time he'd ever done one of these, like shirtless, just because it was like so hot and gross and miserable outside.
Speaker 1: And then they have them.
Speaker 3: Finish the race and then he's drenched in sweat, no shirt on, posing with Woody and they got the characters waiting for you.
Speaker 1: At a part at the Disney style stuff. Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my cousin runs a lot of these Disney marathons.
Speaker 1: She does like the Goofy Challenge where you do all of them. That's so impressive, man, I think it's Goofy Challenge or something like that, or Dopey Challenge. I think it's dopey because I think it's dope to do it. But she does all of them and.
Speaker 2: Dorty Challenge real Quick four day forty eight point six mile running event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then her her boyfriend at the time now fiance, was going to propose at the end of one of these races. Yeah, somebody had to like run recon on him and be like, dude, you cannot you cannot do a marriage proposal at the finish line of a marathon when she's going to run through their sweaty and uncomfortable and just all cut.
Speaker 1: You need to.
Speaker 3: Make this a picture perfect moment, and you need to rethink this.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: That's actually some good advice, because you're like, what are you talking about.
Speaker 1: I'll be all ready for the picture when we're getting engaged at the finish line and she's like, I'm dying right now.
Speaker 2: Never looked worse. I did think this was a good tweet, half a million views. Somebody says, why am I supposed to be impressed that a robot can run a half marathon faster than a human? Okay, a Toyota Corolla can do that too, Do you actually understand why sports are exciting? And I thought, yes, yes, But these are bi pedal if that's what you say, bipedal robots, meaning these are not a car with an engine.
Speaker 1: They're humanoid. They're humanoid robots. They have two legs, bipedal like two legs that they're running on, and they're.
Speaker 3: They're judging by that one robot. The two legs are held on by scotch tape. True, just one little trip and you're done for.
Speaker 1: And to wrap up the marathon talk and this one was pretty crazy too. There was somebody in where was this in Delaware?
Speaker 2: And there was a guy who was he was headed toward the finish line.
Speaker 1: All right, he's headed toward the finish line.
Speaker 2: There's a guy way up here just about to walk under the thing that you go through where this guy would have proposed that Seela was talking about. And it's the finish line and the guy who's in first place is kind of just cruising along, ready to break the banner, thinking he wins, and some guy blazes past him in the last moment.
Speaker 1: And breaks through the barrier and wins the race at the last second. Which that's why you don't You don't quit till it's crazy.
Speaker 3: We had that happen recently, and the dude that thought he was winning fell over right because he thought that he was going to be at least get some resistance from the finish line. And then the other dude came up took the finish line down and the guy just fell on his chest.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, it's you gotta keep fighting until the very end.
Speaker 2: That's how it goes. Robot marathon disaster. Okay, I'm putting the one. This is the first one we talked about there over on the website, which is at thenewsjunkie dot com. It's on the see it now section. Whenever we have something on the show that's visual. Hell, if I don't remember to put it up, I want you to yell at me and say, Sean four to twenty or not get this thing on the website where we're listening. We don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: So I put that one up and as chit chat, and I'm gonna put up the other one as well, where the robot did a bit better until the end at the finish line, this robot did not stop as well as it probably should have.
Speaker 3: So there remain is nobody controlling these things? They Are they autonomous?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: One would think that there's like somebody in charge of each robot, maybe even multiple somebodies on a laptop or on a an iPad or something, you know, checking diagnostics, monitoring, temperature monitoring RPMs or whatever the robots have inside them.
Speaker 1: That could go all.
Speaker 3: Right, let's let's let's hit the let's hit the brakes here, We're done.
Speaker 1: That's the case. Is it less frightening? Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it a little less frightening because you go you want to be scared.
Speaker 3: Because you think that the robot is uh finishing the half marathon without any human intervention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do think that's scarier. I do. I think it's more frightening. Maybe that's part of the rules robots who.
Speaker 2: There's nobody with a remote control at all. They just put in the like the path that the robot's supposed to go in its head. And then it's running and it's moving its arms along just like a human would, and then it beats us by nearly ten minutes. And remember, I'll say it again, because this is the most important thing about this. These things aren't gonna get dumber and slower from here.
Speaker 1: We've maxed out. We've done all that we can do as human beings in weron of a bitch.
Speaker 2: To be honest, folks, we did a pretty great job. High fives all around. We really did a pretty great job.
Speaker 1: We did. We did.
Speaker 2: But it goes further than this, and it's only going to go in a direction where these things are faster and stronger, let us know what you think. A robot winning a half marathon for the first time ever and the videos up on See it now at the Newsjunkie dot com, Real quick tips of the news Junkie dot Com and pez emails. The show says, catching up on Friday's episode, I'm just listening to the latest show and I heard the found the lost ten pills of medication and he asked, is it was it a particular location of a Walgreens. I think what he's talking about here is I made mention on Friday on the show that Courtney went to get her medication picked up from the pharmacy and it was supposed to be like ten pills or something. It was supposed to be twenty pills, and they only gave her ten and when she got home she noticed that, and then she thought, well, this is a weird situation because they'll think I'm taking it so that I can have more pills, and then I think that they're taking it so they're like embezzling pills or whatever. So what am I supposed to do? Do I just shut up about it or do I go complain? A lot of people said, you're supposed to say something about it. He said, I spent three days in a row trying to get my ozembic refilled.
Speaker 1: Finally yesterday was in stock. The woman in front of me.
Speaker 2: Was complaining about getting home to discover the pharmacists put tilan all in her bag, not her regulated med we don't put tiland all in bags. Blah blah blah, back and forth between her and the woman that same place a few months ago refilled my ambient with ninety pills instead of thirty. Did I circle back around and say anything, Nope. Fir staff seems like a revolving door of different people each time I go. And Andrea emails talking about the confession drama from the show on Friday where the priest was in trouble for asking sexual questions.
Speaker 1: I saw girl.
Speaker 3: A lot of people chime in about that story over the weekend on Facebook and in other places, a lot of a lot of Catholics, a lot of my brethren coming out and saying, yeah, no, this is absolutely not what is supposed to happen at a confession. It's the confession. Is you listing out your sins to the priest. He's not trying to get any information out of you. He's there to listen, is there to listen, and then then decide what your penance is and then you know the name of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
Speaker 2: We're done with this, Andrea says. I'm a Catholic woman my whole life. And no, with a capital no, that is not the way a pre should talk during confession, ever, says Andrea.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: We'll take more of your feedback tips of the news Junkie dot com and your dispatches record them over on the website.
Speaker 1: We might do a rate my blank. I don't know. We'll see what's happening.
Speaker 2: We got our friend Amy Kaufel joining us in less than thirty minutes on the show. I got some news about the show coming up a little bit later on. But when we come back, a student is in big trouble for something they said. But did they actually do anything wrong. I want to play this for you. Wait till you hear this. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. A bunch of things to get into here on the show as we roll forward on a Monday. One thing I want to put out there is, after hearing somebody in chat mention the documentary Skyking We watched that this weekend, Courtney and I and it was really good. It was really really interesting. And Courty just popped into the studio during the break on school mic and I said, what'd you think of it? She was like, it was really sad, and I go, it doesn't have to be sad, Like, I really think there was so much packed into this documentary, which, on its face is a guy who worked for the airlines and stole a plane and went on the ultimate joy ride in this passenger plane, and then you know the ending that that some of you know and some of you don't know, and.
Speaker 1: That's what it is on its surface.
Speaker 2: But there's so much more to it, right, There are so many things about it that I found interesting. One thing, as they're playing this audio of this guy and ceiling, you remember it as well as I do.
Speaker 3: We played this on this show, it was it was sort of chilling how nonchalant he was about the stuff that he was doing. So I'm just gonna do a little loop loop over here, and uh huh, He's like, I'm gonna dry pull off a barrel roll and he did, and he did right.
Speaker 2: And and this guy was like just an interesting cat.
Speaker 1: He was an.
Speaker 2: Interesting cat who I've met a couple of people like this guy. And the best way that I can describe people like this maybe you've met somebody like this guy in Skyking who stole this plane. And now it's this documentary that's out I think on Hulu, but I'm not sure. Ryan says it's an incredibly nuanced story. It absolutely is. But this Guyking guy, I've met people like him several times, and it's that person that you meet that's smart and interesting and charismatic. They got like a big personality and whatnot. But the issue is they were not built, for whatever reason, to live within the rat race. They were not built to be in a cubicle somewhere. They were not built to just be a little drone, a cog in the wheel. They weren't built for the people were corporate world. So many people are and deal with it and you know, go through every single day, but some people just can't stomach it. And that's who this guy was. And the most based bro move in the history of bro moves was healed. How many people would be listening to this audio And as he's flying around out there, he goes, oh, yeah, people are probably.
Speaker 1: Gonna ask why I did this.
Speaker 2: It's like, tell them that you don't pay the guys on the tarmac for the airline, that I work out enough money and it's embarrassing that we make less than minimum wage in the area, and like he puts this out there for him and his friends in the last moment, everybody's trying to search for meaning and everything he's doing and read into the cards and tea leaves and stuff, and he goes, I'm gonna take a moment here and I'm gonna I'm gonna do an absolute bro move and try to get my friends who are probably wondering why I did all of this a raise down down on the ground down there.
Speaker 3: And did the documentary follow up on whether or not that was a successful bro move.
Speaker 1: Dude. At the end, you know they put the messages up on the screen.
Speaker 2: The message that they put up was at airline, I don't I don't think this.
Speaker 1: Is really a spoiler.
Speaker 2: The message they put up on the screen is like the airline did not address this until their shareholders meeting. And if you don't know what that is, it's like when the stock people, the people who own stocks in a company, the shareholders they gather and the company has to talk about their financials and stuff, and the company didn't really mention it until the shareholders meeting, where they said, don't worry, the plane was fully insured and we were able to write the whole thing off.
Speaker 1: And oh, you go, damn these hearts, what sucking companies?
Speaker 3: What I do have kind of a weird I don't know, maybe question morals or ethics wise about the Skyking thing. And that is basically should we have called it skyking? Was that really like a responsible thing to do? Like there are certain things that the news tries to avoid, like when there's a school shooter, you don't want to show their picture, say their name, give them any attention that the they wouldn't have had or that they may have wanted by committing this crime. And in this case, like this was ultimately, after a long bit of you know, being a huge theft of a plane, it was ultimately a suicide. Yeah right, And like so you know, the news decides like, hey, we don't report on most suicides because they don't want to encourage like somebody to be inspired by that and go, oh yeah, I can do that too.
Speaker 1: He did it. You know, that's his way out. I'm's gonna be my way.
Speaker 3: Out too, And so I think calling him Skyking is kind of like a if somebody called me skyking because I flew a plane really well, I would be flattered by that. Do you think it's weird to like give him a positive name for this.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they address it directly. Okay, stop trying to get him to play the back on a Plane song. All right, it's distracting. Everybody's like, I know.
Speaker 1: What's going on. We're back on a plane right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, they addressed it.
Speaker 1: How did they address them? Tell me how they address it? Like this story as long as it flies insane and as you might, I guess we're back on a plane, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: They address it on in the documentary because one of the big themes of the Skyking thing, where the guy steals this plane and then just goes on a joy ride and does a barrel roll, was that everybody online and on social media platforms does this disgusting thing. They do it all the time of these internet platforms. They do the most disgusting thing possible. They take it through their own pre existing beliefs and filter it, and then they'll make the person theirs. So people would like, you know, this political ideaology said, well, this is what was going on with this guy, and they make a hero out of them, and then people with you know, the opposite beliefs, they try to make a hear out of him. And his friends and his family members were watching and they go, I would see all these people try to lay claim to my brother, to my friend and say, you know, Skyking, he was he was on our side, and he'd go, you have no idea. This guy doesn't agree with anything that you're saying, Like, this guy wasn't on your team, he wasn't on your side. He would have hated you. And I saw that happen with Pat Tillman and a couple other people throughout history.
Speaker 1: But it's it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: There's so many of these weird grifters and online political people that they took this guy's story, which kind of was a beautiful one, and they funneled it through their politics because that's all these boring sandbrain losers can even think of. So that's the sky King came from political people trying to adopt this guy and make him their representative, even though he had eaten agree with anything these people were saying, and it's a larger conversation about that and this. It was interesting, So check it out if you get a chance. I thought it was pretty cool. The audio is just we played it on this show and it happened, and it's just really truly one of the most engaging pieces of audio.
Speaker 1: Is this guy's flying around super weird. Yeah, it's weird to hear and very funny and yeah, and and Courtney was just teary eyed. I think. Oh. I was like, yeah, I'm seeing the positive in this and there's some negative too. But she knew it was gonna happen, right, you know, this wasn't a surprise. She didn't. She did. I was like, you don't remember it? Oh, she goes, Oh, that's what's happening here.
Speaker 3: I almost don't feel like I would have to tell her because like, it seems a little gross.
Speaker 1: That I know where this is heading and you don't. I didn't. I did not make that move.
Speaker 2: All right, We're going to get into more of your comments as we roll on on the show, and a lot of different things happening this weekend that we need to address. One of them that I want to bring up real quick, was what a catastrophe this was in Blacksburg, Virginia. There was a Virginia Tech football game going on, and.
Speaker 1: I saw this morning. Did you see this that there was a guy who was trying to do a skydiving stunt. And I'll mute this just in case, and you yes, he got.
Speaker 2: The guy's skydiving and he's got an American flag along with him, and he accidentally is mistaken. He crashes in to the big stadium screen and the skydiver gets stuck on the giant jumbo tron at the football game, and he.
Speaker 1: Like he crashed in hard too.
Speaker 2: He hit the sea in Virginia Tech and smashed the sea and got pretty beat up doing so.
Speaker 3: He was able to jettison the American flag. Yeah, and then I don't know how they because he had the American flag, which I think I think it's just attached to him, and.
Speaker 1: Then as a tether at it or something.
Speaker 3: At some point you see this video we're watching seems to cut. But at some point the video I saw this morning, he is able to release the American flag from him and it had its own tiny little parachute. There's a tiny little stream parachute for the American flag patriot I thought was super interesting.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, So they talked about this on I think Good Morning America this morning.
Speaker 1: See do they have him on.
Speaker 6: Special Operations VET dangling from a parachute for about twenty minutes before first responders rescued him. He spoke about that fight twenty minute.
Speaker 7: And he had to change course.
Speaker 1: That's brutal.
Speaker 6: This morning, the skydiver who slammed into the scoreboard at a Virginia Tech football game speaking.
Speaker 1: Out it happened so fast, this surprised all of us.
Speaker 6: Pasha Palinker was one of three performers set to parachute onto the field before the Hokies game Saturday. He says, everything was going as planned until the wind's picked up.
Speaker 1: Oh No.
Speaker 8: When I was approaching, everything looked fine, and wind picked up as I was getting into the stadium, picked up way above than what it's expected, and it looked like I was going to land on the crowd, which could have been pretty dangerous.
Speaker 6: Planker quickly changing course, aiming for the practice field outside the stadium instead.
Speaker 8: As I was turning to try and go into that field, another wind share came in and just slimmed me into that jumbo trunk.
Speaker 6: Jeez, the sudden impact knocking the wind out of him, pieces of the sign falling as the shocked crowd looked on.
Speaker 8: I was just really glad that that parachute was hanging on whatever it was hang on, because it was a long way down.
Speaker 6: Planker hanging from the screen for about twenty minutes before first responders were able to rescue him.
Speaker 1: He hurt his.
Speaker 7: Shoulder, but is otherwise Okay.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. He hurt his shoulder, but he's like fine otherwise.
Speaker 3: I wonder where was that fire truck because I don't know. It looked like the jumbo tron would be in a place where you would have to use stairs to get up, so like, I want to know where that ladder was coming from it.
Speaker 1: They said it took twenty minutes, so yeah, you might.
Speaker 3: It might have taken twenty minutes to get that truck with that ladder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they had to get up to this guy, and thankfully the parachute kept him hooked to the football sign. I'll put this up on see it now as well in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't know how much the general person knows about fire stations, but not every fire station has a ladder truck. And so that's why you'll like see some of the fire stations have like a ladder sign or something like that, or some of the trucks have some sort of designation like this truck is a ladder truck. It has the ones that get extra high. Not all of them have that.
Speaker 2: So if they do, yeah, I don't know if they have one that goes up like you're saying that far, because it was he was hanging up there pretty damn high. All right, I'm gonna put this up on see it now. We're gonna take a quick break. When we come back, our friend Amy Kawfel from Fox thirty five will be joining us on the show. We'll see what's going on with Amy. Chit chat with her, get caught up on everything happening in the news in Amy cawfelts world. That's coming up next in the news Junkie. Let's welcome the person who is always a blast to talk to, who turns our Mondays around, the most talented person in all of television news, Amy Kawfel.
Speaker 7: Hi, guys, there she.
Speaker 1: Is, Amy. How are you good to see you? Over there Monday. Yeah, you going good. You know, it's a rough week.
Speaker 2: Last week, I mean, after we talked to you, we got some bad news and it turns out the suits at iHeartRadio are not the smartest people on planet Earth. It's that happens working at all these big corporations is something that didn't they hire you?
Speaker 1: Well, they make one good decision. See you're saying to this to a guy who has seventy days so so it's it's not it's not that they really put a lot of faith in me at the moment. This is the way.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see where all of this goes. But obviously bad news there. We're going to talk a little bit later about some other news about the show and how things are going.
Speaker 1: But obviously, you know I did.
Speaker 9: I had a chance to speak with her on Friday a little bit and we just texted back and forth, and and you know, she's hanging in there, and she's a I lover.
Speaker 7: You guys know how much I love her.
Speaker 9: She's just a beautiful human for people who have I mean, anybody who knows who listens to your show knows how great she is. So so anyway, I'm just I'm heartbroken about it, but looking forward to seeing her at the Celebrity Ola rama. Yeah, in a couple of weeks, she'll still be there, hopefully, fingers crossed. And and for all of your listeners who are going, they'll I'm sure they'll be excited to see her.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, we got that event coming up. I forgot about that event.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, we have that coming up in a couple was that a couple of months from now?
Speaker 1: When is that?
Speaker 7: How much Tom? It's in May May?
Speaker 1: I think May.
Speaker 2: Last year at that event, Amy Courtney had just gotten her new Mercedes, and as we pulled up, there was a huge crowd of people and they saw that I was in the car, and they all start looking over. And then Courtney drives over the parking spot bump and gets the new car stuck and gets grinding and ripping, and and it was oh god, yeah, So hopefully I don't have that sort of appearance at the bowling tournament this year.
Speaker 1: That that wasn't that was the start of your bulleting tournament last last time.
Speaker 2: Didn't get any better out there, And that is so loud that everybody just starts staring over at me, and it's oh god.
Speaker 9: So I didn't get to go last year, but I went the year before and you guys, the parking was crazy.
Speaker 1: You were not bad.
Speaker 7: And we got there early too.
Speaker 9: I went Sweezy and I went together and we could barely find a parking spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, well it's the fun of that.
Speaker 2: It's for a great cause, and you know so well we will we will be there certainly in a in a handful of weeks. Here, what's what's on your radar? A lot of stuff going on it there? Can I can I talk to you about one thing first, because look, folks, this is why I tell you to follow Amy Koffe on all social media platforms, including on X Slash Twitter.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I never know when we just move over to x dot com but Twitter.
Speaker 7: Don't feel bad.
Speaker 2: She's Fox thirty five to Amy on X and you need to follow her right now. The video you posted with this woman swimming, I'm guessing there's no curse words here.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping.
Speaker 7: Oh she's underwater.
Speaker 2: Okay, this woman films herself underwater. I don't know where she is. And there's a whale shark in the Philippines, and the whale shark almost eats this woman and then she looks down to see it, and I've never seen anybody more unphased in my life.
Speaker 1: A whale shark just almost said, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna eat you for lunch. All right, I'll miss you for now. And this lady was so nonplused. I would have been freaking out. Amy says, Okay, I know whale sharks are harmless, but I'd still be freaking if this happened to me.
Speaker 1: How is she so calm? Agreed, I don't know what to make of. This is insane.
Speaker 9: It's crazy, and like, here's the thing, like and I had to google it just to make sure. I was like, I'm pretty sure because I there is a whole like you know and something or finding Nemo.
Speaker 7: There's like a whale shark, right.
Speaker 9: I think it's like the I'm trying to maybe it's not the original movie, but maybe like the sequel where the whale shark is you know, one the big characters, and well, sharks are harmless, but how like, how is she.
Speaker 7: Still so calm?
Speaker 2: I don't understand, don't I don't know either, But it's an amazing video. Actually these are just that's a little tidbit of what you get from following her on social media. Fox thirty five Amy.
Speaker 1: So anyways, with that aside, what what's grabbing your attention to that?
Speaker 9: Well, there's lots of lots of big stories that were following up on today. Like the one story that I think a lot of people in Orlando are for sure talking about is the Magic winning big last night. They went one hundred and twelve to one or two or Detroit Pistons in Detroit. You know, this was a hard road for them, So you guys know they went into this. They had to They had to beat Charlotte in order to even get in. Then they get in and they have to play the number eight, number eight seed, which is what the Magic are, have to play the number one seed, which is Detroit. Nobody was giving them any kudos. They looked good last night. I thought they looked great.
Speaker 7: So Magic win.
Speaker 9: They play in Detroit again on Wednesday, and then they're going to come here and they're going to play on Saturday and Monday. So make sure you get those tickets. They do still have tickets available and should be a lot to fun.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like they caither getting some momentum right now like maybe the fair weather fans might be starting to pop up here and buying tickets and stuff.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine was looking at tickets to Game four of the series. She was trying to look looking at different seats in the in the Kia Center, seeing where she could be for Game four. And then this, this was during last night's game, and then the Magic won the game, and she's like, oh crap, the tickets have already gone up, the prices are already rising. We need to we need to get off the pot here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean like it seems like they got a little momentum which they haven't had for a very long time.
Speaker 1: So that seems like a good thing for sure.
Speaker 9: Super excited for them, Super excited for them. What else on a couple of store You guys might remember this one. There was an accident that happened in October of last year. Twenty three year old woman from Okalla who hit basically was merging onto I four in Valusia County and ended up hitting three cars which caused a chain reaction. You remember this, It was really horrific craps. Three people died. There was a motorcyclist two other cars. Well, they finally arrested her and she's now being held in jail with that bond. So we've got her picture up on our website.
Speaker 7: Fox will be five. We're landa dot com. Go check that out.
Speaker 9: But yeah, her name is Lindsay Brooke Isaacs. She's I believe she's only twenty three years old. So anyway, but it was a fatal crash and she left the scene of the crash, according to RNA Higo Patrol, which is partially why she's in a lot of trouble. It's just a reminder, you know, like even if something is not your fault, you got to stay on scene and that's how you know, you get I don't think people realize how much more trouble they get into by driving away.
Speaker 3: I've heard of people getting in trouble for witnessing a crash and driving away, like because they want everybody who might be able to give a statement and let the law enforcement figure out, you know, what might have happened here. I've heard of that. I think it's a little more on the rare side, but like, if you see a crash go down and you're the only one around, I think you got a stick her own.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, no, And honestly, Celine, it's just about being.
Speaker 7: A good person, you know what I mean. I get it.
Speaker 9: We're all in a hurry, like you wouldn't be in the car if there wasn't somewhere you had to go. But then I don't know if you guys saw the story we had of that poor guy last week that we had on the show that was driving as tesla and pulled over to help the guy on the four twenty nine.
Speaker 7: Do you remember that story? The guy was like laying motionless on the ground the fourteen. I remember that? Crazy?
Speaker 1: Well, what was the deal with that?
Speaker 2: Okay, so this guy pulled over to help somebody on the side of the road. Right, Just for those of you who don't know this story, it's like on the side of the highway, this guy pulls over to help somebody, and the person he pulled over to help started attacking him.
Speaker 1: Yes, I remember this. Awful Why did that guy do that?
Speaker 7: It was awful?
Speaker 9: Well, and you know this is he Hans.
Speaker 7: Who was the guy who pulled over to help.
Speaker 9: You know, he's he's not one hundred percent sure, but based on what the crash report said and the police officers are unseene. Apparently the guy was on drugs, so I don't know. He had gotten into an accident with a woman earlier, and then his car ended up on the side of the road. Why he was pretending to be laying on the side of the road.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Drugs are bad, kids don't do them, and and and ended up. He got and started attacking the guy. And then this Hans who was amazing you guys and like, we don't think about this stuff, right, he was like, he said, this guy was enraged.
Speaker 7: He was telling me he was gonna kill me.
Speaker 9: And he said the only thing I could think to do was hit him in the jugular. And so he said, I kept hitting him in the jugular.
Speaker 7: Passed out, Yes.
Speaker 9: Really, I finally passed out long enough for him to get up and get in his car. And then he said he gets into his car and the guy's banging on the windshield saying let me in.
Speaker 7: He was like, oh, hell no, you're not getting in this car with me.
Speaker 9: And then he had to wait, and then the cops get there, and then the guy attacks the cops that showed up.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, and he had a tesla though, right, yeah, and it reported every I was going to say, he probably has like the three angles in HD of this crazy man trying to saying let me in and all that.
Speaker 1: At least he got something out of it.
Speaker 9: For goddes, he had the tesla right. Imagine if you didn't have any of that. Now he's just like, now you're it's just so, he said.
Speaker 2: He said, you know, another thing we've been following and I have so many questions about this.
Speaker 1: Finally, Amy, finally.
Speaker 2: After all of this time, they put the charges against Anna Kepner's brother, stepbrother for her death on this cruise ship. And we're all scratching our heads, just going this, I still not in jail. He's that now they've charged him, and he's still not behind bars. He's being charged as an adult best we can tell. And there's all these horrible details that are coming forward about what he did to this stepsister of his, including you know, killing her because all of this led to her death, and some of his family members still kind of running defense for him. It's all just very strange. Is there are we kind of in like a holding pattern on that story again here?
Speaker 1: Or why no?
Speaker 9: So this it's funny you say, that because that he's going to be in court this week. Now, remember this is a federal court case, so that means no cameras allowed in the courtroom. So all we're going to get our bad sketches and information. Yeah, because it's just the way the federal court works, right. But yeah, so he'll be in court this week, and so that could change Sean. So potentially he could end up behind bars after this court hearing because again they're trying him as an adult. We had attorney marknee Jame on this morning kind of explaining the system and how this works.
Speaker 7: So yeah, so that could change the sweet We'll keep you posting.
Speaker 1: Did he say this is normal? It's like, it's not unusual for somebody in this position to not have been even right.
Speaker 9: And part of it is because he is a juvenile and so so now so it's you're having to switch, you know, you're having to switch systems.
Speaker 7: So you go from.
Speaker 9: Okay because he was a juvenile and that he was being you know, held as a juvenile. Now that they're saying no, we're going to move forward with federal charges, it changes everything, federal and adult charges. Right, so now we're moving ahead and treating him as an adult. So because of that, everything has to change. Martini Jay was saying this morning that he has I guess two public defenders.
Speaker 7: A third is going to join the.
Speaker 9: Case because if in fact he does end up going and they decide they want to make this a death penalty trial, that the death penalty is on the table, that also is going to up his defense, right that they have to have a certain number of defense attorneys. They have to have a certain number of attorneys who are death penalty certified.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it does kind of change up the case a lot.
Speaker 1: So we'll see what happens, all right. That's an interesting one to watch. It is always a pleasure to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Just in case you have any gigs over there for us, we'll you know, we can we can run lights.
Speaker 1: Or sound or switch cameras. Yeah, yeah, we see.
Speaker 2: We not use all the equipment, probably not as nice as your equipment is over there.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like if you guys got good equipment, I feel like I feel.
Speaker 9: Like for those headphones that ceiling would always try to make me wear headphones. They were nasty, they had like they were like pealing.
Speaker 1: I would never have done that to you. I would give you only the highest quality headphones. That was probably the very beginning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was probably something the company gave us, like these are for guests, and we said, it's no good.
Speaker 2: They do that because they don't have to deal with it. That's what the company does with everything. They do things because they don't have to deal with it. So they go, look these bobo headphones. It's somebody's weird, greasy grandpa wore. We're gonna pop them into this basket here. And when you have high caliber, fancy guests like Amy Kaufel coming over to your studio, just.
Speaker 3: Throw these on Amy, the same headphones that they gave the strippers.
Speaker 9: No, God, almighty, it's anywing on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody probably had. They probably had. Yeah, I think I think that's probably the case.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: There she goes Amy Coffelt Forever. She's the best of the best.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you next week, Amy quick Break when we come back. Don't forget, by the way, follow her on every single social media platform. And as I always said, you're following the person, you're not following the product. Follow Amy Kaufel. She's an amazing person and she'll keep you up to date. With everything you need to know.
Speaker 1: Also make sure you're watching along every single morning when Amy and the crew go through everything you need to know to tackle the day. On a good day ordo with our friend Amy, call film back in a moment.
Speaker 2: We've got so much more to get to. I'm gonna give you when we come back. We've got the news about the show coming up at some point here, probably at the top of the hour or so, I'm going to give you my absolute favorite banger clip of the day. The idea that this happened is so crazy to me. I'm going to play the audio so you can hear this moment that's coming up next in the news junk Keeam see Len, you'll be happy to know.
Speaker 1: I think I think you'll be happy to know.
Speaker 2: There was an event for a bunch of fans of the show that met each other and they've become close and they've done a camping event each year for the last several years, and they call it disc camp because they're from.
Speaker 1: You know, the news junkie disc community.
Speaker 2: And I've gotten to report back that one of the more popular memes is the one that's now exploded from your house.
Speaker 1: You listen, Jackson ah rah.
Speaker 2: They were utilizing that on each other. Despite despite some of the interactions you may or may not.
Speaker 1: Have had online. Screw that. You know. The thing about the Internet that I always go back to is, for some reason we let everybody have access to it. It should have been an exclusive thing, folks. It should have been like fourth certain people only.
Speaker 2: And then we have a big red button that when we see the dumb people, we hit the button and just you know, they they get ejected onto some other internet Internet too, and then down, down, down from there, all of a sudden you end up on like Internet seven with just a bunch of absolute schizophrenic weirdos or something.
Speaker 3: Internet seven sounds like your last chance, for your last chance. And then obviously there's been a lot of comments, been a lot of fan fiction making its way around the Facebook, much fan fiction, and never seen more anonymous commenters. You guys got your takes, your hot takes, and you do not want to put your name on them.
Speaker 1: Who's running that Facebook group these days? Turn off anonymous comments.
Speaker 2: That's cowardly anyhow, that's anonymous cowardly nonsense. If somebody has something to say, let them come forward. You see people who are trying to stir up trouble. And it's the same person over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: And it follows the pattern that I see over and over and I talk about on the show dumb, loud and wrong and all of those in all caps, dumb, loud and wrong. And so many people have no idea what they're talking about, commenting on things like contracts, and you don't know how contracts work, just as you folks know. I've talked about this before on the show.
Speaker 2: But when you hear somebody in radio talk about a contract, the contract is for the radio company.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The contract is benefiting the radio company. It is not benefiting the individual person. So, for instance, if you signed, like, let's say, a twenty year deal with a company, which you can't even do basically in some places. But if you signed a big long deal, the deal is for the company. Right, you got to keep coming in every day and showing.
Speaker 1: Up for all of those days. For me, it might be around seventy or so, right, that's what.
Speaker 2: The contract is for. The contract doesn't say in almost any case with any broadcast company I've ever worked for, or any of them that exists out there right now. And trust me. I'm an actual expert on this. I've signed many of these.
Speaker 1: I do it. I do it frequently. Okay, everybody thinks they're an expert until you're like, you have no idea what you're talking about. One of his hobbies signing contracts. Little cool show.
Speaker 2: If only I could make that growl sound that from the beginning of the show. But the contract is for the company, all right. It doesn't mean if you had like a twenty year deal, that the company has to pay out for twenty years.
Speaker 1: It's not how it works.
Speaker 2: It means how many days you've agreed to keep coming in and doing the work that you promised to do for There's an unbelievable, almost endless line of people who don't know much about things, who are willing to talk about them online, and to a certain extent, you can't do much about that, and it would be a lame world.
Speaker 1: If you If you did, I'd rather not do, you know, get into any of that.
Speaker 3: But there was just one time, and over the weekend, the one thing that I thought was a little funny, so I said, you know what, let's have some let's have some fun with this.
Speaker 1: Let's get a little let's get a little laugh out of this one. I'm going to enjoy it. You gotta. I like that.
Speaker 2: See Lane on the Internet, just so you guys know, he's on Internet seven too.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, I wouldn't call myself Internet seven.
Speaker 1: Sea Lan's on Internet seven too, just so everybody knows. And what happens with Seelane on Internet seven is he goes there's a lot of discussion going on here, and then Celian sits back and watches and he goes, all right, it's like a double Dutch.
Speaker 2: There's two jump ropes going around, and Selian goes, all right, here we go, here we go, here we go.
Speaker 1: Boom And when he comes in, I'm in, baby, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: A strategic nuke that he's going to drop on you, and it's not gonna end well for you. He drops them, fat man, little boy, He drops the nuclear bombs, cracks his knuckles, and then he takes all the reaction gifts in. And I just want to let people know if you send a laughing reaction gift to Sea Lean's responses to somebody in some dramatic battle online, it powers him up.
Speaker 1: Yes, like like, But it's the months at a time.
Speaker 3: It doesn't power me up till like the next morning, because every once in a while, I will, I will engage in some internet commentary commentary, and I will drop the bomb and then and then I will I don't even know if I place my phone on the nightstand. Sometimes it just rests on my chest as I fall immediately asleep, and then I wake.
Speaker 1: Up and go.
Speaker 3: People will react to your comment, I go what I do, But this one was very, very very purposeful and pointed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't blame you, and I mean, that's how it goes out there. It's a lot of people who listen to this show, so a lot of people have a lot of opinions. And yeah, you know, I direct your ire, if you will, at the losers in the suits who make every bad decision that you could possibly make at this company and in every other company. Let's just be real, it's not not a ton of companies really looking at me and you go, you know, the executives at this company are really something else. They are really phenomenal human beings.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of dopey people out there on the top of the food chain. So yeah, I mean, I've got something I want to say about this a little bit later, maybe at the top of the hour. I got some news, got a little bit of news that's trickling in, and we'll we'll see what what everybody makes of that a bit later on in the in the show. But as for this point in time, just trust and uh and believe. If you don't mind, trust and believe is trust the process.
Speaker 1: Trust the process. If you if you don't mind and.
Speaker 2: Trusted, the person typing in all caps is just as dumb as you think they are, because you know they truly are in that scenario.
Speaker 1: I did comment in all coins, Oh did you you listen? Jackson?
Speaker 2: All right, let's see here do I have I hope I have this. If I don't, I can bring it back up here. But there is a woman who is in trouble right now and this has got to go on the mo list one hundred percent. This has to go on the mow list because there's this student who's in trouble and I'm gonna need to come in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got a lot of livings. Maybe he just gets the whole day this week.
Speaker 11: MO.
Speaker 2: Just take a seat, buddy, We've got some things stacked up for you. While you've been in Vegas here, all right, So this this woman who goes to FIU.
Speaker 1: Where is FIU f Florida International University. I don't know where that's located. Miami is that? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yea FIU and Miami is where this woman goes. And she has been arrested and is in jail. Strangely enough, the stepbrother of Anna Keepner not in jail. This person in jail and the charges are really weird. Here's some of the details here. This is seven News in Miami.
Speaker 5: It's unfortunately assuming she's a senior in the graduate soon and now it's going to jeopardize her ability to graduate.
Speaker 12: A twenty three year old FYU student charged with a felony over messages she wrote in a school group chat. All right, Gabriella Saldana facing a judge Thursday morning. According to arrest report, this went down in a WhatsApp group chat of about two hundred and fifteen students.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me stop there. When I hear stuff like this that sounds like a nightmare. Like a nightmare to me. One of the most traumatic things that has ever happened to me in my life is when we did this show in Jamaica. We broadcast from Jamaica.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, of course you found something traumatic about Jamaica.
Speaker 1: And what they did.
Speaker 2: I don't know how, I don't know why, but somehow we got forced into like a WhatsApp chat with all of the other radio people who are also going to Jamaica.
Speaker 1: And I didn't sign up for anything, but all of a.
Speaker 2: Sudden, I'm getting messages and photos And how many people did this woman say, we're in that group chat a second ago.
Speaker 1: Two and fifteen? That's insane.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing that got me was, I guess it was mostly because we I had never used before. I didn't think I'd even had it downloaded before, but all of a sudden they're like, hey, we recommend you get this, and so we got it, and then to keep in touch with people, and then all of it, you are getting notifications all the time.
Speaker 1: Stop. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The thing that I also didn't realize that is a default action of WhatsApp is that when people were posting pictures to the group chat, he was automatically downloading them and putting them in my phone. So when I go through, you know, pictures of Jamaica looking for specific ones, I have to flip through a bunch of them that I didn't take, and have people in there that I don't know.
Speaker 2: Same, absolutely the same. So this student is in some group chat with like two hundred people. I cannot even imagine how that would be. Two hundred and fifteen people in a group chat. Seems like it would be it would be overkilled. But maybe maybe that's what some of these other chats are too.
Speaker 1: Let's hear where.
Speaker 12: Students were discussing an event that was to take place Friday at the Ocean Bank Convocations Center on campus to make their capstone presentation.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they were talking in the group chat about this event on campus that was going to take place.
Speaker 1: That's the key piece of information.
Speaker 2: You didn't need to know right now, right that's the most important thing.
Speaker 12: And NFIU police officer read some of the statements in court.
Speaker 13: The exact words utilized was there's going to be a bomb in the Ocean Bank Convocation Center and it's going to be at Jonathan's fault. One of the members in the chat.
Speaker 12: Seven News obtaining some bits of that chat, it seems okay, here I.
Speaker 2: Have some of the messages from this chat. The woman posted about this event happening on campus, and it says net and Yahoo for those of you who don't know, that's the leader of Israel. All right, Net and Yahoo, if you can hear me, drop some bond bonds for us Capstone students in Ocean Bank convention Center. Now, just like people don't say the word rape anymore, I guess bombs is also off limits. So we say bonbonds and sewer slide, and the list goes on and on. But Net and Yahoo, if you can hear me drop some bond bonds, okay, as Capstone students at Ocean Bank convention centers.
Speaker 1: I don't like this.
Speaker 3: One because when I think of bonbond, I think of Rick and Martin.
Speaker 1: You know, bone not not something bad. It wasn't there another song that was like super bomb bond, superbond something like or is that the same song I might be thinking of.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, but bond bonds all right in Net and Yahoo, if you can hear me drop some bond bonds on the on the convention center.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Her other post is net and Yahoo again, the leader of Israel if you can hear me drop something with a B and ends with a B and has an O and an M in it in the Ocean Bank Convention Center. All right, the two of those messages. I don't know if those are actionable. Those messages. If you say, like if I was like Kim Jong un, if you hear hear me out there, rocketman drop a rocket on iHeart AGEDQ, Like if I say that, I don't think that's an actual threat because people are gonna go he's talking about.
Speaker 1: The leader of North Korea. No, nobody believes.
Speaker 2: For a second that he's instructing the guy to drop some bombs on the location.
Speaker 3: Do you think this girl's lawyer is going to have to argue like, hey, there's no reasonable expectation for Benjamin NETANYAHUO to be in her What's App group chat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: I think that makes sense. Like, you shouldn't type that. I think that's wrong. I think you're a bad person. But I don't know if that should be enough that you should go to jail for him. Excuse me, my I apologize.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of water before the show and it's starting to work its way up. I apologize. That's unprofessional.
Speaker 2: And then Netty, if you can hear me drop something with a bee that ends with a B and has an O and eminent.
Speaker 1: Let's see if they're reading any other ones.
Speaker 12: I wanted the event rescheduled and quote then Yahoo, if you can hear me, drop some bonbonds for US Capstone students in Ocean bank conventions.
Speaker 1: Why did it have to be that?
Speaker 12: Other students wrote they didn't take that text lightly. She later in the chat wrote, quote, I wrote a dumb joke that should not have been made.
Speaker 1: I can understand. She said, oh, go back, go back. But I made a dumb joke that I should not have made.
Speaker 2: Saw we I saw we, I saw oh w wy sad face is what she said.
Speaker 1: I made a dumb joke that you not have been made. I saw we.
Speaker 5: I can understand. Your position is Corey, and you're saying this is a joke. But to an objective person, it's not a joke. And there would be enough for probable cause.
Speaker 1: That's truth saying it's enough for beyond a reasonable Dad.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the state's going to be able to prove it trial, but for purposes of this hearing, I believe there is.
Speaker 1: Enough for probable all right. So there they go, and the first tough it's the quote that the judge said was wrong. It says, oh no, no, no not, I'm sorry. I apologize. I did not mean for them to come out that way.
Speaker 2: The quote that the judge said was the worst one that you can take out of this.
Speaker 1: It's while in court.
Speaker 2: An FIU police officer also claims she wrote afterwards, there's gonna be a bomb in Ocean Bank Convocation Center and it was gonna be Jonathan's fault, referencing another student in the chat, that one's the closest.
Speaker 1: That one sounds like a threat, That one sounds the closest to a threat.
Speaker 2: It's like, there's gonna be a bomb in this place, and this person is to play.
Speaker 3: I think asking Net and Yahoo sounds so silly to drop a bomband to drop a bond bomb is not as actionable. I think the thing that she quoted is probably where they're aiming most of their I are at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one is a little closer, somebody says. Keith on YouTube says that Judge is famous. I've seen her in so many viral clips.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: Absolute, Simply. Jeremy says Sean should spend the night in jail for burping on air. I apologize, how long have I been talking to this microphone? And how many times does that happen? This is not something that I do. I'm a human being, all right.
Speaker 3: I liked about you said Sean dropped a B that ends with an arup on air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well true in that case.
Speaker 2: But should this woman go to jail for this or is that just her screwing around, joking around and it's not something that people should be charged with.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you think. Some dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Did she at least tell the judge she was sawey?
Speaker 2: I I don't know if you said in person that she was sawy.
Speaker 3: But having to read that back, having to like see the news and like look at that and read it back, and now everybody who's watching this news story sees that you spelled I saw we at the end of my text about the bomb joke is so ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I would hate.
Speaker 2: It should be though off the Internet seven. Immediately off the Internet seven with you pass.
Speaker 1: Go directly to Internet seven quick break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll get it to you your feedback, first dispatches and emails of the day rolling in. That's coming up next on the news junk Key. Big thanks to Psyclonis for the five gifted subs over there claim those while you have a chance over on thenewsjunk heat dot com. Really appreciate that excellent way to support the show, So thank you Cyclonis for that and al Yak seven seven seven for the ten gifted subs. You can claim those secret shows gift subs over at thenewsjunk heat dot com names Al Yak, al Yack.
Speaker 1: Have I smelled out al Jack?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I think somebody what a good a generous, generous individual. Thank you for the gifted subs. Greatly appreciated. I almost died last night. I wanted to tell you this story, but I was waiting for a hot second here. We went to a local place. I think they have a bunch of locations actually, but Hillstone. We went to Hillstone last night Forge for birthday dinner and we get to hillertone. It's Courtney's dad's birthday. And if you've been listening to the show for a while, like Courtney's family is my family at this point in time, I don't have a lot of family left.
Speaker 1: You know, my family.
Speaker 2: When I was six years old, we left Vermont and we moved down to Row up on Beach, Florida, so I didn't really have all the extended relatives around me growing up in Vermont. You know, I had some you know, loosely related people, and then ended up moving away from there to go to different places throughout my career. So my mother and father have passed. If you've listened to the show for years and years, you've you know, absolutely you've heard me talking about that. And my sister just passed unfortunately a handful of years ago.
Speaker 1: It's been a trying time and I don't have a lot of family.
Speaker 2: So what I do have is Courtney's mom and dad, and we love to spend time with them.
Speaker 1: We love to go out to dinner.
Speaker 2: And it was her dad's birthday, so we took them out to Hillstone. Went out to Hillstone, get a couple of drinks, get some some delicious foods. You know how it goes, And I guess right before we got there, her mom and dad got there early, and.
Speaker 1: He's celebrating his seventy eighth birthday. Guys, still as with it as you could ever be, in great shape, just killing it out there. Courtney's dad and Courtney's mom walked away from from her dad and went to go out onto this like peer area of the restaurant. There's like a dock area where he could be outside.
Speaker 2: She thought, we're here a little bit early, we might as well go down here, maybe enjoy the weather and have a glass of wine on the dock before Sean and Courtney you get here.
Speaker 3: But her husband have blue cheese stuffed olives there. So that is a that is a go to for derny martinis.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so her her father, Courtney's dad doesn't see that her mom has walked away, and he's looking around and where is my wife? And he starts looking all over. For those of you who don't know, this is like a nice restaurant. Okay, Hillstone is like a nice restaurant. Can't wear a hat in there. So I got a fresh haircut yesterday, and image that.
Speaker 2: Why you got your haircut. It's one of the reasons I put it off. Corny yells at me all the time. She's like, you're such a dodo. The haircut places around the corner. Every time you go you remark how fast it was and how I should have done it a long time ago.
Speaker 1: And she's exactly right. I don't know why I have Protestant.
Speaker 3: I'm so weird about that because you put something like that off that like takes ten to fifteen minutes and it's real, and it's it's it doesn't even really take a large chunk of your day or it's not the biggest inconvenience, Whereas my wife's nail place is the slowest damn thing. She like every time she we're off for a weekend and she has a Saturday off and she's like, well, you got to watch the baby, you know, while I go get my nails done. I'm like, yeah, okay, there goes three hours of what we could do.
Speaker 1: And she won't go to a different place corde yos for the same reason. Yeah, she's but she she says, it takes her four hours to get her hair done. It only takes you a couple of minutes. What are you wanting about, Sean.
Speaker 2: And it's not expensive either, like Seelan and I get her haircuts a pretty regular places, so you know, it doesn't cost.
Speaker 1: Much more tickets much time.
Speaker 2: Anyhow, I get the haircut done and can't wear a hat at this fancier place, He'll stone me go in and her dad lost, you know, his wife in the restaurant, didn't know where she was, and then he found her over at the bar area. So he goes up behind her at the bar area and wraps his arms around his wife.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: No, pulls her in, Chuck, Chuck pulls his wife in and he plants a big kiss on his wife and he said, I lost you there for a second, and some woman who was definitely.
Speaker 1: Turned around. I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are. And he it hits him that is an absolute ton of bricks that he has just kissed a woman and grabbed onto her body. That is not that is not his wife, and it was. And afterwards he's like, she was beautiful. Though she was beautiful, Yes, she was beautiful.
Speaker 2: And I said, oh, this that's one of those moments where anybody other than her dad, because he's such an interesting character, anybody other than her dad, you're trying.
Speaker 1: To disappear in the moment.
Speaker 2: You're like, how can I make myself if I focus as hard as I can, can I make myself turn invisible right now? And he's like, oh, man, Ylia, and then he does straight out of a movie This is literally straight out of a movie or a TV show. He then goes and finds his wife and has her come over to look at the fake wife from behind so that he can show her.
Speaker 1: I thought he was going.
Speaker 3: To have her come over and and so he can show mystery woman the similarities.
Speaker 14: He did.
Speaker 1: He both, He just both. He's like, see, you guys look just like each other. That's why I do. That's why I accidentally made out with you in the middle of the bar and I'm going, oh my god, Chuck, Chuck, And I said, look, we've all made mistakes.
Speaker 2: Chuck, I said, I've gotten in the wrong car in the parking lot before he fresh Rock says still got it though, at least it wasn't an old ass lap. Yeah, I mean as far. But he did like wrap his arms around this mystery woman who definitely wasn't his wife and bring her face up and start making out with her face before before he realized it wasn't his wife.
Speaker 1: And I said, well, at least it's your birthday. At least you have that going on. He said. She was fine with it.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen of all the potential ways that could have gone. At least she appreciated the mistake and didn't like take this as some sort of I mean, she could have smacked him in the face. All kinds of things that would have happened with this that could have made this a worse situation, and she was very understanding. But oh, chuck good, that's good, good, good stuff that hurts.
Speaker 1: That hurts.
Speaker 2: Rachel says, I have opened the door to the wrong apartment walked in before.
Speaker 1: Man, when you do one of those things and you kind of look around and you realize, you slowly realize what you have just done, and it all kind of sinks in, it's the most painful thing.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh my god, man, I've gotten pretty lucky at stuff like that. I can't remember a specific situation, but there was there was a couple stories of people that I knew doing that. Opening the door to the wrong place definitely happened to my old roommate and he walked in and we were partying all day. This was like a labor day or a Memorial day. So he was hammered and he walked into the wrong house. He had gone out to his car to get cigarettes or something, and he walked into the wrong house and there was a family sitting down for dinner and the mother said.
Speaker 1: Child, you in the wrong house.
Speaker 2: Of those as you go, I I am lucky. The punishment for this wasn't a lot worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it happens all of us.
Speaker 3: And then, of course, I mean we both remember when a good friend of ours thought they were talking to somebody that they knew and talked about fine looking pee.
Speaker 1: Yeah FLP.
Speaker 2: A friend of ours came up behind these two girls in their bathing suits of the pool and he puts his head right by the back of their heads and he goes, looks like there's a lot of fun looking pee, and he says the word in this pool today, and the girls turn around and look at him and they go, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, who are you? Right now, we've all done it right.
Speaker 2: Let us know your story, said a dispatch over at thenewschunkie dot com. Right now, all right, when we come back, A couple of bits about the show, a couple of pieces of news I wanted to tell you, And this clip that I teased earlier, I said, it's one of the most unbelievable clips I've had in a while on the show.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to play this for you what is it? It's coming up next in the news junkie. I have never been in a hot air balloon, and I think I'll be able to go all of my years on this wild ride we call life. What an amazing thing, What an amazing experience that we happen to be spawned into this planet of ours and we get to wander around and explore this giant video game of life and make decisions and do things and have fun and support people we like and yell at people we don't like, and just all the ins and outs of what life actually is. It's mind blowing.
Speaker 2: But in my journey, I don't think I'm gonna take not a single moment of time and go up in a hot air balloon. It's just not for me. I don't know about UCIL. Maybe you're at taker on that, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would like to say that I don't even know if it's something my wife would want to do. And it doesn't look like there's a whole lot of space in there. I think when you go hot air ballooning, you need to go super early. That's when you have to get the good wind or the good views. I don't think you do a lot of afternoon to evening hot air ballooning.
Speaker 1: It seems like one of those yeah wee hours of the morning kind of operations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know, it's not something I'm super interested in, And I wonder how I would feel about just the hanging basket there like that. Like the closest thing I've done and I have no problem doing. I've done it at least twice in my life is parasailing. Parasailing I don't have a problem with.
Speaker 1: But I don't know kind of ballsy really honestly think, Yeah, why attaching me to a parasaleing? No?
Speaker 14: Not.
Speaker 1: It's not a commentary, all right, Yeah, I'm not making a commentary about you. I'm just saying it's just, you know, you're braver than I am for even trying it. What happened in this case was a man walked down into his backyard. He's in Temecula, California, and he sees, well, probably the thing he would least expect in his backyard in California, he sees a hot air balloon that has landed in his backyard. The resident hunter, Perrin, says he was watching TV on Saturday morning when he got a knock on his front door from his neighbor. He says, we walked into the backyard and there's a basket full of thirteen people just sitting in the backyard looking at us. According to one of the hot air balloon riders, the pilot had to make an emergency landing because there wasn't enough wind and they only had a little bit of fuel. Laugh. The pilot tried.
Speaker 2: Landing in the street, but he ended up in these people's backyard. Now, I have to tell you, this California backyard is not really that big.
Speaker 1: No, it's tiny. Oh wow, it's a tiny little backyard. Obviously, I'll get this on see it now.
Speaker 2: This is a perfect screen shop moment for me right here to pit this up as the.
Speaker 3: Thumbnail for see it now. This is so awkward because it could go a few ways. But also if you're low on fuel. I don't know what fuels a hot air balloon. Is this a propane tank he has to swap out or is it something bigger or more difficult to acquire?
Speaker 1: I don't know. If it's propane, you might be able to say, hey, you got a little extra cropane in your grill there?
Speaker 2: We need to we need to get back airborne. We'll bring it back by when we're done with our journey.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Somebody who knows a lot more about hot air balloons can chime in. But this is the guy encountering this basket chock full of people attached to a giant hot air balloon in his backyard.
Speaker 1: Why everybody look at that? Wow? Hi everybody, how's your guys trip so far? It's just he's rolling with him here, he goes, how's your trip so far? How's everything going? Guys?
Speaker 2: How do you think it's going? We're in a basket. We've landed in your backyard.
Speaker 1: Sir? How many people are in that basket? Did you say? Thirteen? Yeah? I think so, Yeah, a lot of people. Is that a crowded hot air balloon ride? Or is that pretty normal?
Speaker 2: All I can tell you is it couldn't be much more crowded than this, that it's so full of these people that have landed in this backyard. And again, please picture the backyard as about as big as like a tiny city backyard, like just enough room for your dog to go out there and go to the bathroom, and not a whole lot more.
Speaker 1: But somehow they managed to land this thing. Yeah, oh my god. Actually that's that's a pretty good point. This is them landing.
Speaker 3: There were a lot of trees around there that they could have gotten snagged on, Like, there doesn't seem like a lot of room for error on this That is a tiny yard.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy that they were even able to land in this space. It's a little strip of a backyard. It might be tell me if I'm exaggerating here, ceiling a thirty foot deep backyard.
Speaker 1: It's not. That's not crazy. It's not very deep the backyard.
Speaker 2: And they squeezed this thing in there, and it was it was hard to even get it to land.
Speaker 1: This is the moment they were landing, and they kept going up and down, up and down. Good way, good morning morning. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Imagine if you just it's for twenty today, folks, Imagine if you just smoked the bowl, if you had just if you had just hit for the pipe and you blew it all out, and you're watching TV and you go, wait, what's happening, What's what's.
Speaker 1: Going on here? Uh, there's a hot air balloon in my backyard. No, I mean, this is California. Weed's pretty easy to come by this. That could have been the case anyway. This guy was so chill. Who had him? He's like, hey, guys, I love the little conversation he has over together.
Speaker 14: Hey, look at that.
Speaker 1: I know. Wow, that would be a mind f I think. How's your guys trip so far?
Speaker 2: Yes, everybody is taking this really well all things considered. They could have been much more upset about this, but there they go.
Speaker 3: Says Hot air balloons primarily use liquid propane as fuel. I don't think you could just take your grill tank over there and load them up stored and specialized stainless dealer aluminum tanks. Within the basket, A burner system vaporizes the propane to create the powerful, consistent flame. A typical one to two hour flight consumes thirty to forty dollars worth of fuel. Wow, and it's liquid propane gas, often referred to as balloon grade, which sounds like more expensive than your typical LP tank.
Speaker 2: But you can run it tight in your vehicle on the way home. You can, you know, go a little bit low on fuel and this thing that thing, but not in your hot air balloon. You might want to get that thing filled up. I'm putting this up on See it now Obviously it's a visual and I would love for you to take a look at some point in time, head on over to the website where's that. It's called the Newsjunkie dot com Thenewsjunkie dot com. Hot Air Balloon Blooper is what I'm going to put and that's up for you on the website when you get home, when you get a moment.
Speaker 1: Of free time. A lot of stuff falling out of the skies today on the show, and that's just another one of them. So go check that out the news Junkie dot com and to see it Now section and it's up for you and ready to go. We watched this weekend. We haven't gotten too far through it just yet. I think we're about three episodes in to the new season of this show Beef w whoh yeah, that's right. The first season was kind of fun.
Speaker 2: It was about the road rage moment and in Ali Wong I think, so there were some pretty famous it was like mostly Asian actors the first time that we're the pretty well known Asian actors and this time they have like a whole different crew of people and.
Speaker 1: It's a new Beef it's not the same beef. Yeah, it's a new Beef. And I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I thought, like my my brain was in Dodo mode. I thought, well, it's just gonna be another road rage thing.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: The show's basically just about people who have some sort of beef with one another. The only thing annoying about this show is that every very unclever person who is reviewing it has to make puns galore about how it seems like this season's a bit too well done, or maybe this season was a bit rare and wasn't you know, up to it. Maybe this season could use a little bit more condiments. And you're like, oh, shut up.
Speaker 1: Comment one really works, But that draws me. You look up Beef season two. I might even be able to bring it up here. Beef season two is.
Speaker 3: A completely different cast, nobody from the first season, and and different Beef altogether.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, is this one over golf? Because I see a golf club in the poster.
Speaker 2: It's at a really fancy golf resort type place. That's where the whole thing is based. And so far it's another one of these clever shows. I have to give Hollywood credit where credit is due these shows are designed to target different audiences at the same time, and I think this is a very clever trick that they use.
Speaker 1: Beef season two is.
Speaker 2: Basically a gen X slash millennial couple versus a gen Z couple, and pick your poison.
Speaker 1: Which of these relationships do you like? Do you like the sturdier, more rigid gen X millennial relationship where they acknowledge that sometimes you're going to get in some big blowout fights and stuff and then or is it the gen Z one where the very much loaded up on trauma type language and therapy talk and all that. So I think that they did this thing where they're targeting younger people and then millennial and gen X people at the same time with these different couples, and you're supposed to hate the one that's not you, so you know that is kind of clever. Yeah, you're like this this couple is so cringe right now, but the gen Z people are probably thinking that about the other couple. Is really it's really quite smart actually, so we just started watching that. However, I'll tell you I'm now fully convinced and blackpilled on this. The future is just so much product placement it's just so much product placement. And this I started taking.
Speaker 2: A note because Courtney kept pointing out, I'm such a dope.
Speaker 1: I don't recognize half of them.
Speaker 2: And Courtney would just go product placement, product placement every time. She would get it every time, be somebody sitting there.
Speaker 1: Holding an Amazon box, and I don't even I just think people hold Amazon boxes sometimes.
Speaker 3: At some point? Are we supposed to not use any real products?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I think it's sometimes cheesy when shows will do like they're like, oh, we're going to use this, uh this app to call you a ride and you're like, oh, they're doing uber or lyft yeah, and they're like it's called thrill.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Flow, I'm gonna request my flow ride because I'm a flow rider. I didn't mean to do that, but.
Speaker 3: But like so sometimes I think that's cheesy. But then I was watching something the other day where the guy's like, I'll get you a lift, and I was like, is this one of those things? Are we are we doing a product placement here? And I think I think it didn't turn out good for the person that ordered the lift, and so I was like, I don't know that that is a product placement lift would have paid for because at the end of it, like they got screwed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it better if they are.
Speaker 2: But in this one, there there's a moment where the gen Z couple is going to celebrate and he goes, Babe, we got to do something big, we got to celebrate. We want to bust out one of the good dejorna's. She goes, she goes, hell yeah, and then he goes, Dude, the double Supreme one, the Double Supreme Dejorna.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be so amazing. We're gonna well, well, it's gonna be so good.
Speaker 2: And they pop out the dejorna and they're making a dejorna in this Beef season two episode and I'm only halfway picking up on this corner goes up another advertisement.
Speaker 1: The one that we played from High Potential. That's what it was. Yeah, that one was.
Speaker 3: One where I was like, that was a little clunky and a little cringe. And I think the the Amazon Prime one was clunky and cringe, but the co pilot one could only have been worse. If she said Microsoft co pilot. He's like, I'm just gonna put this into co pilot and it's going to do a quick spreadsheet for me to compare all the things from the Da Da.
Speaker 1: Da and I was like, that was weird. It's so clumsy, right.
Speaker 2: One of the scenes in Beef season two, we just have to we have to embrace it, folks. We're gonna get the product placement.
Speaker 1: Whether you like it or not. We're going to get it. Though.
Speaker 3: One of the things that's because not enough of you are downgrading to the Netflix with ads like they want you to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think people are going to get these regardless. So one of the scenes, a woman goes, I'm looking for something refreshing to drink. She goes, you know what, I'd like to order a white claw and the guy goes, white claw, what flavor?
Speaker 1: And she goes strawberry white claw and he goes, that's my favorite type of berry all but looks at the camera and winks and then they one. She goes, can you do me a favor? Can you go get me some hip new clothes from H and M so I have some stuff to wear over the next couple of months.
Speaker 2: I don't have time to go to this chopping mall. But if you could go to H and M. They have great deals and you can pick up some clothes for me.
Speaker 3: Are certain things about the product placement ad that make it a little obvious is when you use too many words to do the same thing. So if they were somebody that went like, I want a white claw, what flavor do you want? I want ruby grapefruit? Nobody says that they say grapefruit white claw. But because you're paying for this ad to be in there and you want it to use the same words that you use, you make it sound even clunkier.
Speaker 1: I would like a ruby grapefruit white claw.
Speaker 2: If your friend did that at a party, you'd go, you, okay, did you bump your head somewhere?
Speaker 1: But that's what's going on, and you're basically in the trumanship. Like here's somebody's reactions. Let me see if I can bring this up here because there's so many of these. This person said Beef season two's ad campaign makes me want to blow my brains out. And Netflix.
Speaker 2: This is Netflix their post of it on a social media and it says settling a beef once and for all. Is it the millennials or gen Z who actually have the happier relationships? Watch Beef season two, streaming on Netflix April sixteenth. So this just came out, and they're pitching this as like millennials versus gen Z. The thing that stands out to me is I don't think the millennial couple. The reason why I said gen X is I don't think these are actual millennials. I think they're older. I think these people, the actors who play that millennial role, I think they're actually gen X. But Netflix pitched it as millennials versus gen Z in this and this person said, Holy as if they hadn't advertised to me at all, I would have watched it. But I'm seeing this in a fake Reddit post as an ad for Beef season two, and my god, this is so cringe. Everything feels so inauthentic, which is crazy since season one was full of so many great Asian actors.
Speaker 1: I don't know why the f.
Speaker 2: Any but he thought this was a good idea, but it wasn't. You're dumb and I'm dumber two now because of you not sure this is the right sub So they had to talk about the Asian actors thing because Reddit's going to Reddit. And then somebody said, going from an almost entirely Asian cash cast to an entirely white.
Speaker 1: One is a silly decision. This person is dumb.
Speaker 2: They're a redditor who does like everybody else and they've never watched any of this stuff. Well, it was like, there's like two white people in the Beef season two. It's mostly people who are of all sorts of different backgrounds, including a whole bunch of Asians.
Speaker 1: Well the stars of it.
Speaker 3: As an Asian woman, I would see where you would think that Beef was an Asian show because of the amount of Asians that were in the first season. However, would it change that person's mind to learn that the writer Lee Sung Jin is still doing season two.
Speaker 1: The writer of Beef has written this to be a different story. Now, Yeah, And all the person.
Speaker 2: Did was look at a thumbnail and assume all the people were white when two of the people are from different backgrounds than she's anticipating in the actual thumbnail or he's anticipating. Whoever the city it is who posted this stuff. Anyhow, there was a lot of people who were commenting on that and on the product placement. And then I looked and I said, is this catching on? As you know from listening to the show, I keep my eye on what audience is like what they don't like? What are they listening to in radio? What are they listening to in podcasts? On television shows at the box office.
Speaker 1: I follow all of the numbers, and they dropped it on Netflix. Number one on Netflix is Trust Me the False Prophet, the documentary about the cult that I told you guys to watch. Number two is Big Mistakes. That's the new Daniel Levy.
Speaker 2: We watched it a little bit of that, yeah, where he accidentally ends up in like a mafia outfit or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we watched some of it, and it's good.
Speaker 3: It's good when we don't have a lot of time left because I think those are only thirty minute episodes. One of the things we're watching right now is only thirty minute episodes. So if we if we're kind of in limbo on how much time we have left, we'll just throw one of those.
Speaker 1: On.
Speaker 3: My wife's problem, I don't it doesn't annoy me as much. She finds that Dan Levy's character in this is like like she's just watching the Shit's Creek Guy again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's doing the same thing, all right, Oh, I haven't seen that yet. Number three is Temptation Island, The Sexy reality show. Number four is American Godfather The five Sexy two. This is on Netflix right now. Number five is Soletion Jordan Matter. I have no idea what the hell that even is. Jordan Matter, I've not heard anything about.
Speaker 1: Number six is Trevor Noah's news stand up in the Trenches, Join the Trenches. Number seven is some competition show called Million Dollar Secret. Number eight is Bandy, some French thing.
Speaker 2: Number nine is a documentary about Sitting Bull the Native American and number ten is Beef season two. So it's not exactly run off to the races in first place just yet.
Speaker 1: But if you've watched it and you have thoughts and you saw that product placement, let me know what you think. We'll get to your feedback in a bit. Some news about the show is coming up next on the News.
Speaker 2: Chunky, some news for you, and we're gonna have to like get a couple of things out there and clear.
Speaker 1: It's like obviously an odd time on the show.
Speaker 2: A lot of moving parts and stuff, a lot of people confidently thinking that they have some clue about what's going on, which we discussed a little bit earlier on in the show. A lot of people with like zero faith and where any of this goes from here. And yeah, I mean that's a little interesting to watch. I don't want to control anybody's speech, so I let people mouth off wherever they want to, and people say nice things, people say all kinds of things about the show. It's been that way for a long time. You know, when the first when the show first started.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, back in the day, when I first started the News Junkie to go way way way back, the audience was so small and just building at that point that there wasn't even a negative person out there. There wasn't like I'm talking about twenty years ago. There wasn't a single negative person because the audience is like small. And then I start building up a bit of a following from South Florida Fort Lauderdale, Miami area to West Palm Beach on a couple of different stations, including WJNO in that area where I started the News Junkie show, and then up to Chicago.
Speaker 2: Obviously with a massive, massive megaphone in WGN Radio. Most of the time, I'd be talking to twenty states. In about twenty states can hear the signal from seven to twenty WGN Radio and take a boatload of calls and mix it up with people, and again, producers have producers, have multiple producers, producers with producers, and the audience starts to build up at that time, and you know, when you're talking to that many people in a big market like that, you get some pushback on things. I'm look, I'm not stupid, despite what some of you people might think. I know that my job in here is to come in and get behind the mic and sometimes be a little bombastic.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't want me to be boring. I don't think I am here to mix things up and stir things up and try to create an entertaining show for four hours each day.
Speaker 2: And so obviously when you do that, you know, as I did in Chicago at that point, and get a little pushback here there, But mostly it's just this big positive movement that was building and growing. And then the five Am days. I would have so many people who would tune in to the five Am show when I first started in our home station now WWTKS, and they would just lavish me with praise.
Speaker 1: They'd be like, I love the show. It's unbelievable. I still run into people all the time.
Speaker 3: They're just happy that somebody was up at the same time as them.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong. I understand that, all right. I do understand that that is the case. But eventually we get affiliates, the show goes into a syndication, and we pick up markets all over the place. Sometimes you're the new show and people are like, who the hell are these guys? What's this guy blabbing about? Then when the audience gets past one point, I don't even remember what point it was, but at some point it just becomes something you cannot control anymore.
Speaker 1: You can't there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 2: I've got like one hundred and fifty thousand people on Facebook, and you know, tens of thousands on all these other platforms, and just a massive quantity of people who listen to the show every day. Some of you are going to like me, and just like you're gonna have all sorts of feelings on things, and most of you have no idea what's going on. You don't know that, but you have no idea what's going on. So on one thing and I thought this was like at least a tiny positive thing that has come up in the last couple of days. Here on the show, not me and my contract, just for the record, because I have seventy days left on that and I'm not currently talking to iHeartRadio or the suits about anything to do with any of this at the moment, at least not with my contract. But iHeart did tell us that we can have a small budget to bring in some people to join us, some friends to join us along for the ride over the next couple of weeks whill we sort.
Speaker 1: Some things out.
Speaker 2: So you will be hearing some other voices pop up here and there on the show.
Speaker 1: We got some folks coming in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: This week, and we're going to mix it up with all sorts of different personalities. And you know, if somebody will probably say, is Sabrina going to be coming in?
Speaker 1: Will she be able to stop by?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, with the contracts that we have at iHeart and I'm not going to talk about anybody else's contract other than my own, obviously, but with the contracts that we have at iHeart, when you're getting paid out, you can't you can't come to the company, you can't come to the office. You're literally not allowed to You're not allowed to legally show up at the office and at the station if you're getting paid out by the company.
Speaker 1: So that's one thing you got to kind of sort through. And then you know on my stream decks back. I've got them here and I'll take great care of them. I promise you that. The other thing is I don't know if she is interested in that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I talk to Sabrina a little bit this weekend, just very briefly, and I think we are going to have a conversation tomorrow. And I've been thinking about this stuff a lot, as everybody does their fan fiction thing. And here's what's happening, and here's the real reason, and here's that I've been thinking, what can we do?
Speaker 1: What are the ideas. I'm a big idea guy. I like to try to figure out things that make everybody happy. I like to I like to try to figure out things that will will keep the audience.
Speaker 2: Coming back for more. And I've got a couple ideas here. I have a few ideas on how we can proceed. I don't know what's going to happen with that. I feel at least mild positive about it. I think there's some potential for some of these plans to turn out really good.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I do, So I'm gonna have some conversations this week. I have to, unfortunately, talk with some of the suits at I heart, and I have to talk to a lot of.
Speaker 1: People along the journey, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I can't, as much as some of you would want me to, I can't just like burn everything down because I have to when I see a path, I have to clear the path to get there, and that involves talking to a lot of these suits and figuring things out. What can I do, what can I do, what can I leverage with my own contract, et cetera, et cetera. So this weekend I landed on after some long conversations a couple of ideas, we're and have some talks about that. We're going to see what works and then I'll try to keep you in the loop as much as as much as I can throughout the process. But other than that, when you see everybody talking online about something like this, know that most people have no clue what they're talking about, and people just like to argue about things.
Speaker 1: That's something that certainly happens from time to time. But I think that's positive.
Speaker 2: We've got at least We've worked some budget out of them, so we can start working some friends in on the show as early as this week, so you hear some voices that are popping in. I've got a couple of options, a couple of paths forward. I am actually more positive than negative about those directions. I cannot share all of that with you now for a million obvious reasons. I'm sure many of you will understand this.
Speaker 1: Some of you will not. Oh no, no, everybody's pretty an understanding shown.
Speaker 2: One thing is for sure, I will stop see Lane from labbing on about these Jackson stories.
Speaker 1: Got it, We all get it. You got an adorable little kid. Okay, sure, he's one out of a million. He's an adorable little with a big giant personality, and he's probably going to be a WWE star someday.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, it's probably, but good I'll keep him at Bay. I'll keep him in Bay sometime here. So anyhow, stick with us. And that's that's about the most I can tell you right now. But I'm you know, I think there are some things that can happen here over the next couple of weeks, and the only way you're gonna find out is if you hang out with us. You listen Jackson Sean. I know he did a trademark that real soon. He needs to get that one.
Speaker 1: Happened.
Speaker 2: Put that out there, all right. We got jury duty coming up next here on the show. I got to get to a couple of things that we tease and haven't gotten to. We got to get to your feedback, your your emails, your dispatches, all of that good stuff, and it's all coming up next.
Speaker 1: I'm the news Chunky. Was this something I said? See Len, it's minor heart attack just now? Wow?
Speaker 2: I thought I must have really upset him. See Lane, I look down. I'm not connected to iHeart HQ anymore. See Lane is gone. He has left.
Speaker 1: All the video feeds are gone, and I'm going, is this it does?
Speaker 2: He He's had enough, he doesn't want to deal with it anymore.
Speaker 1: He's stomping his way out of here.
Speaker 3: There was some little weird blip, but it happened to be like just forty seconds before we come back from break. I am not prepared to do anything alone in here. I would be like Garth on Wayne's World, like.
Speaker 1: I'm having a great time. Not thank you for listening today, friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so and my all my screens that have cameras that have views of your studio, that have anything went completely dark, and I was like, he's probably overdoing skull Mike. I don't even know, Like if I if I call out to him, he's not even gonna be He's gonna have to get back to the microphone. I'm not gonna have much confirmation that we're still connected, and then I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: You know, it got silent in here. I was talking. I go, what happened? Is this the end is? Because I could imagine, I can imagine a couple of the suits. I'd be like, pull the lever. I don't know why there's a lever, but I just envisioned there being a lever, and they were gonna do a button.
Speaker 3: Mouth They're gonna do a button and then they listened to you just kind of ramble on more and be a dick more and they said, take away the button and connect it to a lever.
Speaker 1: Who's this guy think he is? He's yapping, running his mouth so much. Just hit pull the lever.
Speaker 3: I remember the remember the April fools prank where the stream deck said they were gonna they were going to release a new Stream Deck that had a lever. That's what they wanted. They wanted, you know, for some things, you want a lever, and that that's gonna be their thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes the most amazing thing is when I'll have a conversation with the suits at this company. The feedback isn't what you would think it would be. I'm sure in New York City and San Antonio, where I'm sure they're like, just shut this idiot up. We got we're counting down the.
Speaker 1: Days on this dummies contract. But one thing that might shock some of you is a lot of times when I talk to the executives like really great shot yesterday, really really amazing. I'm like, I I was saying some things like it's just amazing, really good broadcasting, top shelf stuff. Sean I go, okay, all right, all right, fine, yeah, yeah, I mean sometimes people will go it's because Sean talks trash. That's why we end up at these things.
Speaker 2: Trust me when I say, if anybody tells you that they are absolutely retarded. They don't know what's going on, they don't know how anything works, they don't you know, they don't know anything if they if they tell you something like that. But yeah, I mean I gave you an update a couple of minutes ago, and we'll see if we have anything else for you this week. But right now it's time, friends, So let's go together. Let's do jury duty.
Speaker 1: Cord is now in session, and so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're knowing jury duty with the news Junkie.
Speaker 2: Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mode a wit of the Duit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MOO. If you've seen Mo put his face on a milk carton, please because we have so many questions for this man.
Speaker 1: I'm about to get to page two. Yeah, we're it's unheard of. We've never gotten to page two before.
Speaker 2: We need our attorney this week, for God's sake. All we got last week was ucker on a string with a tin can, the worst connection, the worst digital stealing.
Speaker 3: Starbucks Wi Fi from outside the Chicken Parmen giveaway.
Speaker 1: I know you got to just Callmo budget over there. You got money to throw around, and the best thing we have was was bus decker leaning out the window trying to get a little bit of Wi Fi from from the people who are at the Chicken Palm event that they were doing.
Speaker 2: But you know, I guess we'll take what we can get. Jerry Duty brought to you by him.
Speaker 1: MO to it.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred, CALLMO. Eight hundred, CALLMO. You hear me talking about them all the time. But I'm serious, legitimately, I'm serious. If you get into an accident, you go for this route, you go for MO because there's so many other attorneys out there, and you will, I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 1: You will have a bad experience. You'll go. Well, everything started off fast enough.
Speaker 2: They started my case file, and they took some notes down By the way, it's somebody in like a sales lab where probably across the country or even around the world, who's doing that. And then next thing I know, they ghosted me. I didn't hear anything about this case that I have. It seemed like I wasn't important to them. I don't want that for you. I want you to be treated the right way after your accident. And the only way I can tell you to combat that and get somebody who respects you is to call MO and the folks at just Calmo, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred Calmo, Justcalmo dot com.
Speaker 2: The daughter of the woman Lynette Hooker, the Hookers in Hopetown, the daughter of the woman who went missing in the Bahamas after falling overboard on a boat ride with her husband, is now claiming her stepfather quote.
Speaker 1: Probably pre planned the tragic event. That's what she's saying now.
Speaker 2: Carly Aylesworth is the daughter of Lynette Hooker, fifty five of Onsted, Michigan. She plunged into the Abaco Islands water on April fourth, while traveling with her partner, Brian Hooker fifty nine years old, to their boat in Laka. And they remind you that Brian Hooker told all of us, told the world that he would never stop searching for his wife. He told all of us, He told the world they would have to pry him away from there. There would have to be somebody more powerful than him that orders him to stop searching for his wife.
Speaker 1: Uh sorry, see you later got to go. He left. We don't know that he did not get those orders. Yeah, that's true. Maybe maybe somebody that the Bahama started yelling. But I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Now her saying this, and like, obviously we're kind of getting the picture that she believes that he had something to do with this, or he was not acting in good faith in some way, shape or form here with the disappearance of her mother.
Speaker 1: But she didn't say Brian killed her, or she's like Brian probably. I think Brian probably.
Speaker 3: Nothing's actionable, actionable about saying you believe somebody killed her mother, is it.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's not That's another great Ques question. I hate to go to page two. I hate to do it, but that's a good question. What if I say, like, imagine there's some strange circumstance and I say, I really believe see Lane killed somebody, and you go, well, that's ridiculous, Sean. I go, no, no, no, hang on, Like, here's why I feel this way, And I outlined this. I go, he was here, this happened circumstantially, this, this and this in the past. I heard Celane say this and now and I lay it out. I'm like, I legitimately think that this person did this thing. I think you're in the clear if you believe what you're saying. I think it's when you knowingly lie, and I say, I think se Lane killed a fifth grader.
Speaker 3: Take, for example, Candice Owens, who is saying one hundred percent that Bridget Macrone has a penis, right, not I believe Bridget Macrone has a penis.
Speaker 1: She's saying, she's reporting it as news.
Speaker 2: It's fat emphatically and as a matter of fact.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm not backing down. She's what you might call a dumb sea word in certain.
Speaker 2: Quarters, certain things that I would say into this microphone where I not to have so many rules in front of me. But yes, I think that that there's a distinction between those like I would believe that this woman, the daughter of Lynette Hooker, believes that, and she has plenty of reason to believe that.
Speaker 1: She has plenty of reasons.
Speaker 2: She's like my mom was having major problems with him. They had domestic incidents. They had issues because he was a bad drinker and he would be mean. She couldn't stand him on this damn boat. It was a huge problem. He was talking about.
Speaker 1: Throwing her overboard and then he did so.
Speaker 2: In my case, I would have thought, like, that's totally legit for her to think that her mother was murdered by this guy. She says, I was like, hey mom, I'm here. She said, when I first got to the Bahamas, I sat up and looked at the boat and started talking to her like she was there. She said, hey mom, I'm here wherever you are. Just want to talk to you and see you again. Her stepfather toldally that he and the mother left around seven thirty pm and an eight foot dinghy.
Speaker 1: He said, Lynette.
Speaker 2: Slipped and fell in poor weather while holding the key to the small boat, which caused the him to shut off.
Speaker 1: We all know the rest. And John Over on TJ chat said, I will never stop looking for a wife, Give me a break.
Speaker 2: It didn't take him much, did it. From from the tears, the tears that he had in this interview he did after they released him from jail, and he had these crocodile tears pouring down his cheek, and he said, I will never leave. I will never stop looking for And within a day, that son of a bitch was on a plane saying his mom was sick and getting out of there.
Speaker 1: My mom's not doing well. It's like, okay, kiss my ass. That's a little that's that's maybe one.
Speaker 3: Of mysies lose my wife and not ten to my sick mom in the same month.
Speaker 2: It is like, all of this is quite convenience. Once mon, it's better.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go find whatever little island Lynette had to float off to.
Speaker 1: She'll be fine, probably doing fine, She'll be okay, a quick break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll get to the Power Hour, the final hour of the show. We'll talk about this mystery white pickup truck terrifying women. What's happening in this white pickup truck? What's going on?
Speaker 1: That is coming up next on the news junk key. Did you or did you not? See? Lane? Then you're under oath right now? Did you or did you not? Say?
Speaker 2: It would be interesting if we did the Power hour of the show and actually did a power hour with drinking to see.
Speaker 1: If we can make it through that. I said it would be interesting. It wasn't a promise. Maybe not a promise. Maybe that's making a little bit of a mountain out of a molehill sort of situation. But I definitely it's in the cards at least, it's definitely, at the very least in the cards. And also people should know we haven't done a live show in a quite a long time. Uh, there's supposedly one coming up before too long. And you know, they never know what's gonna happen, you know, you never know what's gonna want to do the live show Power Hour? Oh my god, I've maybe maybe that might.
Speaker 2: Be an interesting one to do. I think people will have fun and like it. We have some surprises and whatnot. It could be a good time for sure. I have the concepts of a plan, you know.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's all it takes. All right, that's all it takes. Is that what I sounded like earlier. I've got the structure, concepts of a plan. For the record, I do have an actual plan. I just there's only so much I could talk. No, I was I was doing Trump at that debate. Yeah, yeah, no, No, I know.
Speaker 2: This is a fantastic line. Okay, let's see what we have here and you can join us with your dispatches. Go over to thenewsjunkie dot com. Somebody's talking about the young girl, I say, young girls, college student, and the college student is at this fi U, I believe Florida International University, correct, And she made some comments that now have her facing prison time. She said there's going to be a bomb at this event, and it's all this person's fault, Josh's fault or something.
Speaker 1: She said. Allegedly there was like a Josh Fowler or something that she was blaming for this irona.
Speaker 2: But she said, there's going to be a bomb at this event and it's Josh's fault.
Speaker 1: That was one of the things that she said.
Speaker 2: And then she said, Net and Yahoo, if you're listening, please drop what she called a bonbond on this university event. And she mentioned where the university event was going to be. And then there was one more thing like you know, missile strike or whatever, or like bomb Net and Yahoo, the leader of Israel bomb this event. And I said, is she really stepping over the territory where she should spend time behind bars? I think she should get in trouble for it. I think the school should one hundred percent punish her. I think all of these things are right.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't want to screw around with joking about bombing events.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. But should she actually spend time behind bars? That's what Rogue Florida man is talking about.
Speaker 10: Hey, Sean, Hey, that is total bowl that they're charging this woman with a felony for something she says in a chat that's not directly.
Speaker 1: Threatening any person. It was a joke, that's what she says ultimately, and she's.
Speaker 10: Say, we'll find probable cause for basically anything. The old joke is you can indict a hand sandwich. So I think she'll just get some sort of pre trial diversion and it'll all go away and she'll be fine.
Speaker 1: But it's just stupid waste of taxpayer money. All right, thank you, rogue Florida man.
Speaker 2: We're going to go over to somebody talking about this Alex terrible guy and if you miss that to start the show, hang on, I should I should play that for people who.
Speaker 3: Are Somebody chimed in and said that he is a local Florida area.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I don't have anything to back that up, but somebody said that he's really starting to get a lot of attention because he does this trick with his voice like he's a metal singer, I guess, and he just seems like an overall chill guy. But his voice is just so unbelievably scary. And I don't say that lightly, I mean like unbelievable to do it? Would that be rude? Would you? Are you wow? So weird? Man? That's the guy's mouth. He's making that noise out of his mouth. How do you learn that you could do that? I think you practice and people cower immediately, their knees start shaking when they're looking at you, and you know, hey, I just did something a little different, I think. But here's Tripled talking about this person. What's off everybody? This is Triple D.
Speaker 15: So Alex the Terrible is an amazing singer, and yeah, I wouldn't want to fight him either. So he is actually doing a concert at I believe it's the Ocean Center in Daytona where he's going to do a bare knuckle fight, which his last bare knuckle fight he won, and then perform right after.
Speaker 1: The fight get out of here? Are you serious? This guy's got stamina. This guy is bare knuckle fighting and then going Okay, now I'm going to put on a performance in my metal band. This guy's a legend, man, So figure y'all, I want to know. He's amazing.
Speaker 15: He's a I believe, a crazy Russian and uh yeah, he's he's awesome. And he calls it a bear screamer, a bear grow so Anyways, y'all.
Speaker 1: Have a good one, all right, thank you. Tripled or triple D either way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Russian is a real name, Alexander with no E like S A N D R Chico Le And he's a deathcore artist and sings for a band called Slaughter to Prevail.
Speaker 1: So okay, I've actually heard I think of Slaughter to Prevail. That's the group that he's in. Really okay, I mean it seems it seems like a nice dude.
Speaker 2: Despite the fact that he's very, very frightening to me, he seems like a nice guy.
Speaker 1: So we'll take more of these.
Speaker 2: A lot of dispatches coming in, a lot of emails coming in as well. Tips at the news Junkie dot com, t I P. S at the Newsjunkie dot Com. Sendos our way. This person says, Hey, I'm a doctor who listens to the show. You were talking about a prescription mistake earlier. He says, if it was a CBS that screwed up your prescription, I would stop using them all together. It is common for them to make more mistakes than other pharmacies, shorting pills.
Speaker 1: That's what happened in Courtney's case. You got like half as many pills as you were supposed to get.
Speaker 2: And then she thought, if I go back and tell them, they're gon to think I'm trying to get more pills.
Speaker 1: And she's like, what do I do here? But she did go back and they counted them, and they said, oh, yeah, we made a mistake counting and shouldn't have signed off on this. Did they count their supply of pills?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they counted the supply and there was ten more than they were supposed to have.
Speaker 1: At least, this is what everybody was saying. He said, honestly, even if it wasn't one of them, I would avoid CVS. Shots fired CVS.
Speaker 2: At one point, a CVS pharmacist was actually caught on hint camera buying counterfeit drugs out of the trunk of somebody's car to selling the pharmacy.
Speaker 1: Jeez, is that true? That's crazy? What the hell?
Speaker 3: What's weird about that is I have to use CVS because my Yeah, my insurance gets mad at me if I go to publics, which I liked. I liked going to publics because I'm already going to publics. I would like to just pick up my pills there, but no, my insurance was like saying, you know what, we are a CVS care mark or something provider, and if you want to get your prescriptions, especially if you want to get a ninety day supply of your prescriptions, We're going to only start covering these if you get them from CVS, which is highly annoying. Highly annoying, and like, there's a CVS. And when I was going through this, there would be people in my life that would say, like, like family members, you know, you know, in my extended family, they'd be like, well, the CVS is just right there.
Speaker 1: What's the problem.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 3: The problem is I'm going to publics and Publics has a pharmacy and it's so much easier to just do it there, But no, I have to go to the CVS that's Caddy corner or from the publics, and you know, waiting to drive through there sometimes that takes a while, and then getting out of there is difficult too, Like I'd rather just do the more convenient thing, but no, my insurance insists.
Speaker 1: That I have to go to CVS. Weird e Fresh says CVS is a monopoly.
Speaker 2: It seems kind of anti competitive to to say like you can only go to this place.
Speaker 1: So I mean I can.
Speaker 3: Only go to that place, or I can use the like mail in prescription stuff. Okay, so I think that would be like the out' that's your option, that's not anti competitive. I can use their like, uh, their pharmacy where they just mail the pills to me.
Speaker 1: That sounds easy to me, that part. I'd like.
Speaker 2: Anthony emails tips to the news Junkie dot com. Hey Sean, you guys were talking about robots. We were the robot winning the half marathon against the humans and breaking the human record the running robot in Beijing, China this weekend.
Speaker 1: Hey Shaan, you guys are talking about robots.
Speaker 2: On a similar topic, Anthropic is withholding its latest model, Claude Mythos, because it's quote strikingly capable at discovering deep security vulnerabilities and global software. They're worried it could automate high level hacking, so they've locked it down for a private glass Wing to patch the world's code before the public ever sees it.
Speaker 1: They said it was worryingly good at coding.
Speaker 2: If it went public, it could essentially become an autonomous hacker in a box for anybody to use. Anthony, very interesting point. I'll counter that with this though. While I think there's reason to fear what you're saying, I use AI coding all the time. I've completely vibe coded tochat dot thenewsyunky dot com room. Just pop in there and see what it is, and you'll be like, Wow, this is absolutely amazing that you could do this kind of stuff. It is amazing the technology that has happened in the coding world, and I'm sure this is even better. I have a fear of these ais already being able to discover security flaws in websites, government websites, et et cetera, et cetera, leaving our data prone to leaking, leaving our passwords.
Speaker 3: I mean, isn't to leaking? Isn't the thing he's describing there? Kind of what happened with those They were the vacuums, the robot vacuums that were made by Dji, the drone company. And it wasn't in America, but other countries where they had dispatched these robot vacuums. Somebody was able to hack like all of them, I think, remote control them, possibly turn on cameras that were on board the robot. Yeah, and it was all from using it might have been Claude, but it was some AI that they that they were using to try and explore the innards of the robot vacuum connected vacuum system, and they ended up getting exposed to everything just because it was very poorly built as far as as far as like the back end software and servers.
Speaker 2: Right, Dan says, is he talking about the new Claude Mythos model. Yeah, that's that's what he said in the animal are in the EMMIL and the email That's what he said in the email the tips at the news.
Speaker 1: Junkie dot com.
Speaker 2: But I also think while this is a fear, I think AI is also the answer because you can hook these same coding engines up to your website and say, what are all of the security vulnerability that he's on my website, my database and everything right now, and it will tell you and then you can patch all of them up. And while AI causes the problem, AI is also the solution.
Speaker 1: To the problem.
Speaker 2: Right that, Just from my perspective of using this a lot, I think that is a scary thing and is a problem, but in the long run we'll sort of sort itself out with the same thing.
Speaker 3: Eventually you're just going to have the AI playing the AI, you know, and then you'll learn that there's no winner in global thermonuclear war.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, right, Wait, hold on, that sounds like a thing that is a War Games reference, the movie War Games. That sounds like a nineteen nineties hacker movie. If I've ever heard one, it was a very good movie. All right, quick break. When we come back, we'll get to this mystery white pickup that is terrifying women, and we'll do a grab bag segment. I have so many clips to get into. I'm going to move them all to the front of the line here and we'll start working through these. This will be an interesting segment that's coming up next. Something the news, Young Key.
Speaker 2: A lot of our friends over on YouTube, Twitch, everybody who watches the show every day. You can always pop in and enjoy the show live by watching over on one of those platforms. Afterwards, you got the podcast. I was telling everybody that in TMJ Chat, which is you know, it's a little slow from time to time on the weekends, but mostly it's popping off and some great connections and people meeting over there.
Speaker 1: You can see a couple of things.
Speaker 2: One is you can hit exclamation point commands, and if you do like exclamation Point Stats, you can see how many messages there have been in any given day. It'll show you like a bar graph of the week and the messages.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 2: The one that I love is you can do the command for the podcast exclamation Point pods, and if you do that in tnjchat at chattannewsjunki dot com, it gives you a podcast player that works with CarPlay and everything on your dash. It does a perfect screenlock. You can have the chat up and you actually earn points in chat as you listen to the podcast from that day. So it's kind of a cool way to do it. If you WIE, I'd.
Speaker 1: Recommend you check that out. I mean, look, there's lots of other great podcast players, but they give you also are in the chat room. That's a great way to do it.
Speaker 2: Hit exclamation Point podcasts and just like that, you'll be in on things.
Speaker 1: They're fighting back and forth. Twitch is self hating at the point at this point right here.
Speaker 2: It's a matter of Twitch. It's like Twitch is saying Twitch sucks. I don't understand that. You guys are all great.
Speaker 1: I love you. I know there's divisions out there.
Speaker 2: I know there's some discord over on discord because we have a fan discord that's like a big chat community, some divisions between them and TNJ chat and people probably think I think they're like the redheaded step child over there and I ignore them or something.
Speaker 1: Now I don't. I love you all, all right, I love you all equally. Big One says it would be nice if Sean read back the keywords sometimes. I think a lot of times you could just get it in chat, since you're in there already.
Speaker 2: That's the best way to do it. Get it in chat. Because I'm just gonna be real with you, Big One. We're on a bunch of different radio stations at a bunch of different times, so the keywords change, all right. That's the reason why I don't repeat it back on the show, because somebody's listening to this in a whole different city right now, and they're at a different time, and their keywords are totally different.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So a lot of lot of times people don't understand everything I'm doing on this show is for a reason. I put a lot of thought into all of this stuff. I'm not saying I'm a genius. I'm just saying I put a lot of thought into the stuff that I do. But at going to one of the chat rooms, they will help you tell the little genius E show.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I'm a genius. I'm not saying I'm only saying there's reasons for all of the things that I do, and it's about the amount of charity you're willing to give me, which for some of you is is a lot, thank God, and some of you is not that much.
Speaker 2: John says, been listening to the News Junkie forever but just found this chat. Loving it good, loving having you over there, Love to see all these new names pop in on on the chat so chat dot thenewsjunkie dot com, chat dot thenewsjunkie dot com. Saw this headline and thought, that seems like a joke to me, that just seems like a flat out joke, like I.
Speaker 1: Thought when I saw that robot explode. Basically, but that was real? That was you say?
Speaker 15: It was?
Speaker 1: It was this. Here's the headline. Tell me if you think this is true.
Speaker 2: Zealing saw a show through Ticketmaster question mark you may get a refund in Washington, d C says the article, and I'll give you the twist here on why I think this is a bunch of nonsense. I don't know how many people each year use Ticketmaster or use Live Nation to purchase a ticket, but think about that number in your head. District residents. That's people in Washington, d C. Who bought a ticket Master ticket with fees, which is all of them basically from entertainment giant Live Nation or its ticket Master subsidiary in the past decade. Couldsume soon submit a claim to get money back. Oh wow, cool, we're going to get money back because ticket Master ripped us off. We're going to get some money back. Fantastic. Well, hold out of your shorts for a second. DC Attorney General Brian Schwab said in a news release that Live Nation has settled with this city, DC.
Speaker 1: Why only DC? Just DC.
Speaker 2: They settled with the city over allegations that the company misled customers about ticket prices, charged deceptive fees, and used illegal pressure tactics to get fans to buy tickets. So there's a lawsuit. They settled, and they go, you're gonna be able to get some money back. All they won was nine point nine million dollars after paying themselves back a little bit. They have eight point nine million dollars now to you or I. If they just say, hey, here's eight point nine million dollars, that's nice, ain't it right?
Speaker 1: If you and I split a point nine.
Speaker 2: Mili that sounds fantastic. But if everybody, even in Washington, DC, who used Ticketmaster gets a piece of eight point nine million dollars, congratulations on. As Dan says in chat, your thirty seven cents, you ain't gonna get much from this.
Speaker 1: That's not enough money, not enough.
Speaker 2: The settlement is separate from the anti trust suit brought by Washington d C in dozens of other states against Live Nation that we heard about recently. But they said if you saw a if you saw a show through Ticketmaster, you can get a refund in Washington, d C. In the Washington Post today, don't count your chickens before they hatch or whatever they say.
Speaker 1: What is I said that for they roosts for the hatch. I mean, yeah, it's the same basic thing. The chickens are coming home to roost before you hatch. Oh, we are messing up some things here. Fool me once, shame on me, fool you twice. You know what it is you get it At this point.
Speaker 3: It's about thirteen bucks a person if every resident of DC. According to the numbers that I have as of late twenty twenty two, the population of Washington, d C approximately six hundred and seventy one eight hundred and three thirteen dollars for every.
Speaker 1: Gradually thirteen dollars. I gotta cut it.
Speaker 2: I mean, take it if you can. It's worth it. But it's not enough for everybody else for sure.
Speaker 3: But it's weird that they're making that payment to the district and then the district is going to be the ones that are distributing it, like the money is not coming from Ticketmaster, because the money has already come from Ticketmaster in this case.
Speaker 1: I believe so.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would think that in some sort of class action lawsuit against Ticketmaster or against Live Nation and Ticketmaster, that they would offer like a hey, you could, we'll pay you five bucks or you'll get a ten dollars gift card a Ticketmaster to keep them from, you know, actually sending out more money. Possibly it's sort of like what happened with me in the red Bull lawsuit, where I just had them send me a four pack of Red.
Speaker 1: Bull because you didn't really care. No, the red Bull's expensive. Anyways.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to the grab bag portion of the segment. Here, would you or wouldn't you? New technology alert? Everybody, new technology is dropping new technology alert.
Speaker 1: Let's listening to this report.
Speaker 11: I will say, I think this is an incredible idea, especially I know you worked in local news as well. I did, and I would still on the field for fifteen twenty hours. The biggest challenge, believe it or not, was begging a gas station to let me use their restroom.
Speaker 2: I'll explain it just a second. What's going on here? See if you could pick it up from this report.
Speaker 8: The been there.
Speaker 5: I've also been on long road trips with little kids. I get, but I don't want to have to clean up after.
Speaker 7: And you do have to empty it out.
Speaker 11: It does have a heating feature that drives up waste.
Speaker 1: Woh whoa, Okay, all right, what's happening here is a Chinese company has just announced that they are building seats with built in toilets for their vehicles. So you buy a car, and you know how you can slide your chair front and back. Correct, slide your chair front back in your car. You slide your chair and it reveals a toilet bowl underneath the chair.
Speaker 3: Weirdly enough, this sounds like what we learned about I think Thursday or Friday of last week, where they were talking about certain private planes having a weird situation for onboard toilet. So if you're on some sort of you know, corporate jet that's like really fancy but not fancy enough to have its own life avatory, they had a situation where one of the back seats would flip up and there's a toilet. That's kind of what we're looking at right now. And in this case that I think the guy that chimed in or I think he emailed in, said that there was a leal curtain. You just kind of draw the little curtain and you can still make eyes at people while you're pooping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they put a bathroom toilet. They put a toilet in the car underneath the seat. And the most vile part was you heard that woman say it's got a heater that will heat up the remnants and allegedly like cook them and make them disappear or something. I mean that what that cannot smell good? That has to be just so bad.
Speaker 1: I think the Carmakers series is what the one behind this scris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there, you're about to read this. The system comes with a fan and exhaust pipe to try and get rid of the odors.
Speaker 1: Do you think that would work? Though?
Speaker 2: You can have a fan in an exhaust pipe, But is it gonna not ink in that car? That would sell like hotcakes at Coachella?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, for some things, you might be so desperate that it would work to have an in car toilet, But I don't know if I would want that in my case.
Speaker 3: It's kind of odd that, like, I guess you might market this more to fleet vehicles because the lady were talking about being on a report as a news reporter and being out in the field for fifteen hours. First of all, I have a hard time believing you couldn't get, you know, into a gas station and have to beg them to use the toilet, right, Like, it's pretty easy to use a gas station toilet in most cases. But still, I think that maybe this should be the direction we're going in rather than just the idea of having somebody's everyday driver have a toilet for bathroom emergencies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. It sounds like a gamer car it's gonna be gross, right, Like, the people who use this aren't going to be the people who would totally keep it clean. I have we fixed everything for cars, guys. Yeah, this is what we're down to.
Speaker 2: Another thing out there making some waves brand new video game coming out from Capcom that people are starting to play called Pragmata. The interesting thing about this they say it's going to make a lot of people want to have a kid. They say it's going to make a lot of people want to have a little child in it. Apparently your character is responsible for the safety of this adorable little girl, and you go through this world having to keep her safe, and she's like your little partner in crime, this little girl with pigtails.
Speaker 1: She gets excited when you get like a new gun and a weapon and you wander around and have to protect her. And everybody's talking about how adorable this little girl is. And it's exploding out there. It's been very, very popular.
Speaker 3: It's not a game about child raising. It's just a game where you have to protect a girl.
Speaker 1: I think I don't know the actual Like, okay, I never played Last of Us, but wasn't that also part of Like, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It says Capcom's new sci fi action adventure with a hacking twist, and you like, this little girl is a part of it. You're the character wandering through the world Pragmata, but the little girl is like you're bringing her along with you. Hugh and Diana's lunar journey has begun in Pragmata, capcom COM's new sci fi adventure game with a hacking twist and an emotional story. And you got to like protect this little girl that you bring along with her. And she's so adorable in this, in this little video game. So it says sold one million units in two games and two days, two.
Speaker 1: Days, sold a million units in two days. That is you know what I was that all new IP. This is a brand new IP.
Speaker 2: Pragmata surpasses one min million units sold in two days. Highly innovative and original gameplay earns strong reception from players.
Speaker 1: Around the globe. So maybe you've played this before. Let us know if you have.
Speaker 3: Did they did they split the million units evenly between the two gays or did one of the gays have.
Speaker 1: More take on more units? I've had enough. The power hour is a wrap. All right, We're done.
Speaker 2: We will do when we come back final dispatches stories that didn't make the cut.
Speaker 1: Just think you four more gays of this after after we're done today. And today I learned to wrap everything up for a Monday. God do I have all those things that's coming up next in the news Junkie. The great mystery of the last couple of days Sea Lane here. I don't know why, but I had the developer reach out and he goes, what's going on over there? And I said, I don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: And he goes, you've had like crazy levels of traffic in the past week or so.
Speaker 1: And I go, yeah, there's some stuff. And he said, for some reason, there's like ten thousand people a day from Singapore going to the news junkie dot com. Uh what And.
Speaker 2: I said what and he goes, yeah, yeah, that's Singapore specifically, there's like ten thousand people a day.
Speaker 3: What's up from a Singaporean Singpore if we don't know why you're here?
Speaker 2: But I don't know if something happened in the news in Singapore and there's like a Singaporean news junkie or I don't know what it was, but something happened.
Speaker 1: A big Doug Millionaire says, that's my VPN could be just hitting us heavy.
Speaker 2: No, Like I could see the entire country of Singapore. I could see all the dots where all of the people are. It's not bots, it's not not three hackers. We don't use bots around here. Okay, my god? Is that more commonplace and in more places than you'd you'd like to admit. Probably, I'm an unbelievable the amount of people using bots these days on their streams. When you go onto Twitch on any given day and you look at the top streams over there, almost everyone is certain to be body.
Speaker 1: I do not bought the stream. I think we will just live and die by whatever the number is that we get over here, and that's just the way it goes. Is that expensive? Body like that?
Speaker 2: It actually is if you have good bots. It is expensive because they keep catching these people doing it. When they are doing it, I look on the website that they screenshot and I go, God, they're panks so much. I almost feel like you could get real human beings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure for this?
Speaker 2: What the hell is going on? If we don't hear from Sean, we know what happened? Yeah, rip me the Singaporeans get me. I don't know, very weird though. I thought that was super super odd.
Speaker 1: So hello Singapore, if you're out there, we don't know what's going on, but we're glad to have you buy and we'll leave another understand. I don't know how. I don't even know how they sound. I was going to do a Singaporean as you don't have a Singaporean accent. How do you know? You don't know I have going on?
Speaker 2: Tai said, the spike in Singapore visitors maybe do to increase interest in technology at AI advancement.
Speaker 1: What would that have to do with anything?
Speaker 2: It must be about something that has to do with their version of the news junkie like, it must be people over there.
Speaker 1: Going what is this?
Speaker 3: It says they have four official languages, English, Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil or Tamil Tamil. Primary language is English for businesses and education. A unique English based creole is widely used in informal conversation.
Speaker 1: And they call it Singlish.
Speaker 3: Really, so maybe they're here, You're kind of like Spanglish, but it's Singlish.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're watching this dubbed over you know, the technology is getting kind of wild a mystery. I'm gonna bring this up as a white pickup truck has been terrifying women in Montana. Montana says hunt for mysterious white pickup truck that is terrifying women on Montane Hannah's empty highways. This says, a mysterious white pickup truck. Why are the highways empty? Because it's Montana. Lizette Lamb forty eight said she was driving from round Up to Glasgow along Highway one ninety one when she pulled over. She said there was a white pickup truck following her. It gave her the he be gebies. She said, my wife worked in a prison and stuff like that, so she's used to kind of going with her gut. Shortly after Lizette got back on the road, she noticed the same pickup truck behind her.
Speaker 1: Apparently there's stories all over.
Speaker 2: Here's a local story Montana woman Warren's drivers after being followed nearly run off the road on Highway one ninety one. Is this white truck that's following people, scaring them and running them off the road?
Speaker 1: Actually, I'll keep this up.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll get a little further into this tomorrow on the show and see if we can unpacked what that mystery is all about.
Speaker 1: So that's what we'll do, and right now we'll do something totally different.
Speaker 3: Pisenberg said that Singaporeans who subscribed to audio audio only sing A Secret shows are called singapore ros.
Speaker 2: It works, it works, Let's get out of here, let's do today A larned.
Speaker 1: The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ fair enough. So don't get cocky.
Speaker 5: Now it's done.
Speaker 1: What we came today.
Speaker 2: It is Taylor for a Monday, April twentieth, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Today I learned this movie Top Gun.
Speaker 2: Top Gun is ride Val Kilmer was not initially interested in auditioning for Top Gun in nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 1: He only did so at the best of his agent.
Speaker 2: He read his audition lines indifferently, like he didn't even care about getting.
Speaker 1: The role, and they go, it was so good, we are hitting.
Speaker 2: He was disappointed when he got the role. He was like, I want to do this stupid top Gun movie. Obviously it turned out to be an absolutely massive success, and then he got to be Batman. He said in his memoir I'm Your Huckleberry. He said, I didn't want the part. I didn't care about the film, the story didn't interest me. My agent basically tortured me and made me go in and interview for one of the hottest directors in town at the time. And finally, on a four to twenty today, I learned this guy.
Speaker 1: Right here, this stilly Bob Dylan. That's right, Bob Dylan. And a different note, Bob Marley, You idiot. I thought you said the song was by Bob Marral. This I did to Bob Marley Today I learned Bob Marley could have halted the spread of his cancer, but he refused to have his toe amputated for religious reasons, leading to his death on the eleventh of May and nineteen eighty one, just a handful of weeks before I was born. And Bob Dylan still alive. Bob Dylan still alive, still with us. Thank you so much, Frank and I with listen. Do appreciate.
Speaker 2: We're back tomorrow, same time, same place, Miss Eddie the show. Get the podcast over at the neewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: We'll see it tomorrow.
Speaker 14: Everybody this where you're walking to the door, I will not feel so far alone. The kind of a body must kid stn't never stone you, with you at the big mis table.