Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by TOF. Sheldon Roundtable Show live from Longnecks and Wilder, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Honda East Power Equipment Dealer. Skyline Chile Feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet, the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured call eight four four Postman Others Promised Postman delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by TOF. Sheldon five one three five one three to oph on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: There let's get go on six oh nine, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: It's Thursday night.
Speaker 2: It must be the round Table and we must be at Longnecks in Richwood or location and destination this month. We are excited to be here. We love the spot and they always take care of us. Cool place. Stop buying, hang out tonight. We are here till nine. I say we It's a different we this week. Rock is on assignment. He has Southern Miss at Georgia Southern Tonight on ESPN two. That is an eight o'clock kick in Georgia. So in his place and on his way would be the man we call Trags. He'll check in CLNS Media, host of the Jungle War podcast. He is currently navigating the traffic that my dad navigated to get here, and by all accounts it is a bear. But Trags will be here and we'll talk about the events of the week which were turned upside down with the trade of Joe Flacco and now the crash course and getting him ready for Sunday. Here's what's on the docket tonight, Trags around oh maybe six thirty or so. Keegan Nickoson fills in for tonight at Phillis. Keegan Nickoson in for Chad Brendle Tonight, Bearcat Journal. Chad's got a his daughter's got a volleyball game, and Chad is the PA voice of the Simon Kentton girls volleyball team. So he said he mind if Keegan fills in. I said absolutely not. We love talking U see football with Keegan Nicholson. He's at seven o six tonight. Greg Schoemaker tri Statefootball dot Com and the high School Football Tonight Show has picked out four games on his docket. He will preview those coming up at seven thirty six. Dan Klaskins has the Fantasy football for you at seven point fifty eight o'clock hour, will get more into the Packers side of things, and then a long about eight thirty five, Tom Gamble's going to check in in advance of the Skyline Chilacrosstown Showdown with a preview of that game and a couple other high school football notes. So we are jammed tonight, we'll do our kelsey Verlat College Football weekend preview as well. What do you say we get to the headline so we can get going. Start with the Bengals. They continued to work on Sunday's four to twenty five kickoff versus the Packers in Green Bay, Historic lambeau Field. Dylan Fairchild dressed did not practice not good dealing with the knee. No Drew Sample did not practice dealing with the ankle Thursday Night and more from Trags on that Thursday night Football four and one Eagles at the one to four Giants eight to fifteen kick Fox.
Speaker 3: Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 2: According to the Sports Business Journal, the NFL is planning on moving the Pro Bowl games to the Super Bowl host city each year as part of Super Bowl Week festivities.
Speaker 3: Makes sense.
Speaker 2: The official announcements and details expected from the league soon, according to the Sports Business Journal. Bearcat's right a four game winning streak into Saturday's game versus UCF. It's a noon kick from Knippert again. Keegan nickoson with the latest on the Bearcats from Bearcat Journal at seven oh six. Baseball playoffs just underway, Dodgers and Phillies. Refreshing and checking my screen for an update. Top one, no score. That is Sanchez for the Phillies. Glass now for Kyle Schwarber has just doubled. He's from Middletown if you haven't heard. Glass now goes for the Dodgers. LA up two games to one. The Brewers are at the Cubs tonight. The Cubs are playing at Regally at nine oh eight, and the Dodgers are playing in Los Angeles at six oh eight. It would seem why am I the only I looked at it today as I was putting the notes together, and I said, wait, but that can't be right. So they flipped it. Why would you have the Cubs play the nine oh eight. Why wouldn't you just have the West Coast team play the nine oh eight. But that's what they're doing. Peralta versus Boyd Brewers up to one in that series. Congrats to the Toronto Blue Jays and David Bell. They advanced to the Alcs by knocking out the Yankees last night. Bell is the Blue Jays vice president of baseball operations and the assistant general manager hockey. The Columbus Blue Jackets open their season tonight at Nashville, twenty fifth season of Blue Jackets hockey. The captain Boone Jenner sitting one goal away from two hundred for his career if he gets it tonight, and when he does, he'll become the third Blue Jacket in franchise history. Record is two hundred in a Blue Jacket's uniform. That would join Rick Nash and Cam Atkinson if I am correct. Shout out to loyal Bluejackets supporter Greg from April and Blis meets on Court Street. He's a huge he said, make sure you have mentioned the Blue Jackets tonight. I said, I gotcha. They're in the headlines. NY College basketball. On the women's side, you see d Alexander named the Big Twelve Freshman of the Year today. In high school, she won Miss Basketball three straight years and helped her Sell Marion to four consecutive state championships. She's the Big Twelve Freshman of the Year this year. For the Bearcats. You see women pick twelfth in the Big Twelve and nku is My Meredith named preseason first Team All Horizon League. The Norse women picked sixth in the Horizon Today. Those are your headlines.
Speaker 3: Let's do this.
Speaker 2: We'll take our first time out come back. Get into a little bit on this team and where they are now with Joe Flacco, what they can be with Joe Flacco and where that all starts, and that would be upfront on the offensive line. Some perspective from Dave Lapham on the issues on the offensive line, and so much more ticket to and trags around the corner. Let me update that I saw activity on I phone bottom of the still top one. Phillies are threatening with the runner on third. We'll update as the evening unfolds. Take our first time out here till nine, stop, buy and hang out long. Next in Richwood, it's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Round Table Show. It is presented by Postman Law and it's right here on seven hundred WLW six nineteen seven hundred WLW The Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Round Table Show. We're hanging out a long next in Richwood. It is presented by Postman Law. It's brought to you in part by our friends at Hawksworth Blood Centers, Hocksworth Donners save lives.
Speaker 3: Close to home.
Speaker 2: Who will you save here till nine o'clock tonight, here in this location for this month. By the way, for those in the house, we have a Bengals print we are giving away. Our guy Sean Volker has been kind enough to give us a Bengals print every week. I have a smaller version compliments of Mike Gleason of our Bengals print we will be giving away tonight. All you needed was get a ticket from your server, fill out your name on the back and drop it in the bucket or whatever they are using Tonight. We'll draw at eight o'clock. Got to be here to win. It's a really cool Bengal tiger print from Sewn and will give away one each week here at the Roundtable show. All right, let's get into what I think is easily classified as our hot topic around the NFL this week. For our segment, it's brought to you by Hudson Oil Fueling champions on and off the field.
Speaker 3: The hot topic this.
Speaker 2: Week Joe Flacco and the news that starts developing on Tuesday. The official I mean, think of the track that he's on and where his world was and life was on Monday evening gets up on Tuesday, the trade breaks, news of the trade breaks on Tuesday. Wednesday, he arrives in town for practice. This after a five hour car ride where he is talking on the phone with Zach to game plan and get up to speed on terminology and practicing yesterday, practicing today, game on Sunday. There's a whole lot on his plate now to his advantage, he's a really smart guy. Football IQ off the charts by all accounts, veteran, experienced, well traveled, forty years old, eighteen years.
Speaker 3: In the league.
Speaker 2: But I think seven teams, I may have lost one along the way, seven different teams, And through that process has been the ability to translate terminology of seeing it one way in one playbook and translating it to oh, well, that's that play in this book. It's just a different Instead of ABC, it's XYZ. That's part of the challenge this week. I love the initial reactions. We'll talk with Trags about this from his teammates. One that jumps out from t Higgins who said, simply quote, the guy can sling it for sure, and that is definitely Zach brought it up yesterday. He can throw the ball. There is no question about the arms strength of Joe Flacco. The question becomes, and I think the obvious concern from everybody when they heard the news at the initial stunned response of WHOA they trained in the division and got Joe Flacco. Then at some point the thought becomes, well, in a minute, he's forty, he's not exactly mobile, and this offensive line isn't exactly great at this point. So the challenge becomes protecting him, giving him an opportunity.
Speaker 3: And that's that's not a new challenge.
Speaker 2: This team has clearly struggled in all facets from that standpoint. The run game, Chase Brown is averaging two and a half yards per carry. I ask Dave Lapham on Monday Night on Bengals line about where this offensive line is where it needs to get to and starting with the physicality and the need to be able to move guys off the line.
Speaker 4: Day night.
Speaker 5: They have to do more, you know. I mean when they double team and rub to the next level, gets some movement for the guy, let him make a read, let him make a cut. I mean he's getting stoned. I mean, he's getting hit far too often. He's he's taken shots that running back shouldn't take. I mean, you know, he should. He should be able to get past the line of scrimmage and feel pretty confident that he's going to be free and clear and not get smoked, you know, and make a first cut down the football team now. And I'm not sure Chase Brown feels like he can say that. Yeah, And you know, I look at the first half. The game was not out of hand. It was fourteen to three. At the half.
Speaker 2: The Bengals had run thirty plays, only seven runs to twenty three passes, with Jake browning at the helm. And I look at the Lions at the half and they're up fourteen to three, and they've run it fifteen times, and they've thrown it fifteen times and it's just those numbers I look at and and at the half the Bengals had in the only in the seven rushes, they'd average four point three yards of carry.
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking a little bit more, a little bit more.
Speaker 2: That don't make Don't ask Jake to throw twenty three times and a half in any game. And if it was thirty to three at the half, you'd understand I'm passing a lot.
Speaker 3: It was only fourteen to three at that half.
Speaker 5: Right right, And when you look at it, Jared Goff, future Hall of Famer, I mean, he's right there, He's running the cusp of it.
Speaker 3: He's good with that. Yeah, he's good with that.
Speaker 5: Because then his play action pass game, which I think he's as good as I've ever seen play action passing. Understanding the concepts, understanding the route tree combinations, understanding all of that.
Speaker 3: Jared Goff, he gets it done.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I was struck last week, last Monday night, or it was actually Tuesday, when you and Box did the show and talk with Lomas Brown, the long time eighteen year offensive line for the Lions, a legend part of the broadcast team, and I was struck by him saying, when it comes to the Lions their identity, the physicality in dictating on both sides of the ball, and you could just hear it in his voice what he was saying about what Dan Campbell had instilled for the way we're going to play. We're going to be physical upfront. And how many times he said in the conversation with you guys, we run the ball and we am pose our physicality on other teams, and that's gonna be music to your ears, absolutely to any offensive linean's eers it is lance You're right. I mean, the Detroit Lions imposed their will in the opposition and they do it by being more physical than every opponent they face.
Speaker 5: Dan Campbell played football that way. Dan Campbell was a very very physical, tough, uh scrappy uh tight end who you know, bite your ankles, you know.
Speaker 3: It's like the famous that famous line. This is a classic.
Speaker 5: But he he he is a guy that that appreciates offensive and defensive lineman, you know, and he knows that that is basically the foundation of how he's gonna win football games. We're gonna have We're going to bring in the best offensive defensive line when we can find to fit our scheme, to fit our concepts of how we want to do things and how we want them to respond to our coaches, and uh, there's not no substitute, no substitute for that, for that process, and.
Speaker 3: We're going to go through it.
Speaker 5: We're going to get the right people and on a weekly basis, we are going to execute it.
Speaker 2: And Dave with running the ball comes time of possession, and it would staly help to have the ball. The Bengals are averaging twenty five and a half minutes of possession a game. They're being outpossessed nine minutes per game by the other team.
Speaker 5: I mean that's over half a quarter. Yeah, you know, I mean over half a quarter. They're giving up to the opposition. And when we had real good teams, you know, the Super Bowl teams, all the Super Bowl teams had winning time of possession on a weekly basis. You know, they didn't leave the defense out there, you know, dangling to be you know, taken advantage.
Speaker 2: Of Dave Lapham earlier this week on Bengals Line Monday Night talking about the state of this offensive line going forward. There is an added fly in the ointment, so to speak, as Trags noted at practice today on Twitter at Trags Dalton Reisner and Lucas Patrick were working out at left guard in individual drills. Now, remember Lucas Patrick has entered the window, the twenty one day window returning from the injured list, where they can activate him at any point. Doesn't count against the roster at this point, but can activate him as soon as this weekend if all would check out. But his trags noted on Twitter earlier today, Dalton Reisner, who Pro Football Focus hasn't exactly loved to this point in the season, and Lucas Patrick repping at left guard. That for the plan bead Dylan Fairchild, who did not practice again today, and of course at right guard would be Jalen Rivers, the rookie so musical chairs at left guard, potentially the rookie at right guard, all against the backdrop of an offensive line that had to get better even before the very immobile but veteran Joe Flacco stepped into the mix. I think the point, the last point made by Lap about time of possession and in that the approach to throwing the football. You're talking this week of Bengals team that is throwing at sixty five percent of the time that is the highest straight in the NFL. Compare contrast that to a Packers team that is throwing it just to tick over fifty percent of the time. In fact, I think it was one hundred and twenty. It may have been even one hundred and twenty one pass attempts to one hundred and twenty one rushing attempts going into this week for the.
Speaker 3: Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 2: Last year, green Bay ran it more than they threw it for the first time since two thousand and three for Green Bay Packers football. That's their MO now. And the interesting thing about that is they haven't exactly been tearing it up on the ground. I think Josh Jacobs is averaging i'll pull it up here, is averaging three point three yards of carry. As a team, they're averaging three point eight. And yet they have stuck with it to continue to try to make it work and used him a lot in receiving as well. Not as much as you would expect, but it's been an option for them, and that's kind of their identity and MO. They don't ask a whole lot of Jordan Love. It's more of a balanced attack. All right, let's do this. Let's take a time out. We'll get a check on News. Trags is in the house. He's ordered up food. I believe he's looking sharp. He's navigated. He he'll be my my traffic reporter because he certainly knows the current status of the highways and byways. At one point I may have told him, he said, hey, feel free to just bag the whole thing if it's really that bad.
Speaker 3: He navigated it all.
Speaker 2: He is in the house. Seven o'clock Eric Keegan Nickoson talks You See Football, seven thirty six our high school football segment, and seven fifty Dan Klaskins with your fantasy football man. We are loaded up, locked up, and ready to go. Stop, buy and hang out with us. We're at Long Next in Richwood. It's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon round Table Show. It is presented by Postman Law and it's right here on seven hundred WLW six thirty seven, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Are at Long next day in Richwood.
Speaker 2: It's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. It's time for our standing ovation from last week, presented by Ovation the herb Resort, where Cincinnati coming to Newport come together.
Speaker 3: We'll go with Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: He had the six catches, one hundred and ten yards, two touchdowns, the long TD He becomes the ninth player in NFL history to have six games. I think it is now of at least five catches, one hundred yards and two tds. He ties Lance Alworth, who I was named after, and Antonio Freeman for the most in the first five years in the NFL.
Speaker 3: That's the Ovation standing Ovation.
Speaker 2: America's River Roots Festival comes alive at Ovation Bourbon Beard dining, live music, and panoramic skyline views along Kentucky's Boardwalk. Ovation the perfect spot for the riverboat parade in races. Don't miss river Roots Innovation, going on now through the twelfth Ovation on the river dot com without further ado. He's the man who joins us each week at six twenty by phone. What a treat to have him in person tonight. He covers the Bengals for CLNS Media, host of the Jungle War podcast, the man we call Trags Mike Petralia.
Speaker 3: It is great to see you.
Speaker 6: It is great to be here. I must tell you.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 6: Knowing this person can cause Lance.
Speaker 7: It gives a lot more personality.
Speaker 6: When you are in person.
Speaker 8: Yes, there's a lot more.
Speaker 3: That's a key question.
Speaker 2: Let me see. We may be switching your mics here. There's the there's the realness of being here in person. It's not as easy as the bone. Oh you are back, You are back and ready to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay. What I was gonna say is I love.
Speaker 7: In person because there's a lot more texture and animation and I'm into the conversation a lot more and I'm gonna get fat.
Speaker 6: So there is that.
Speaker 3: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 2: Let me let me backtrack a little bit into the week. In the last week, once we heard Zach pivot from overwhelming support for Jake to this week, we'll see. I think the writing was on the wall that something was coming. What was your initial reaction when it was Joe Flack?
Speaker 7: Go curious, but he was the best option available. That was my initial reaction. Clearly, putting Joe Flacco, the arguably the most immobile quarterback in the National Football League behind the current Bengals offensive line, doesn't intuitively make a lot of sense. But he can sling it. As t Higgins told us in the locker room today, he can still sling it. He can move the ball downfield and Clearly, Zack wants to get the ball downfield, even if teams defenses are giving the Bengals wide open spaces in the middle of the field. I don't understand why Mike Kasiki and Chase brown aren't bigger options in the middle of the wide open field. But that's because Zach wants to push the ball to T Higgins and Jamar Chase and andre Yosi Vash as we finally saw last Sunday against the Lions. He wants a quarterback that can get the ball downfield with authority. You were not getting that with Jake Browning, and that's why I think in large part the move was made. It also gives a rejuvenation to the locker room.
Speaker 6: It sends I.
Speaker 7: Asked T Higgins about this, does this message from the organization from the front office kind of kick you guys in the backside, saying you got to get going, You've got to win your one on ones, you've got to win battles at the line of scrimmage, Get open, and we'll get you a quarterback who can get the ball downfield to you with authority. So that was my initial reaction, but I do have my doubts if the Bengals cannot run the ball. Who's to say that Matt Lafleur and his defensive coordinator don't do everything in the world. Throw the kitchen sink at the Bengals offensive line, which, as you mentioned before, News, I believe there's already some significant question marks at the two garden positions, or at the left guard position.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Dylan pairschowd. I don't think it's going to play.
Speaker 7: This Sunday, but there's some significant questions, and Orlando Brown is not having a good year. So you throw everything and Micah Parsons at the Bengals and see if Joe Placo can get rid of the ball with any effectiveness early in that game.
Speaker 2: What a It was fascinating hearing Zach explain the car ride and what a crash course of indoctrinating or.
Speaker 3: Into your offense. It's what I mean you talk about speed learning.
Speaker 7: Holy cow, well, I mean, he is an eighteen year veteran of the National Football League. He, as the expression goes, has pretty much seen everything, knows all the answers that any defensive coordinator is going to throw at him, and there is institutional knowledge that is going to be beneficial there, but the institutional knowledge of not having worked for zach Or in the Bengal offense. That's what they're cramming right now. They're gonna have a late night meeting again tonight. They're gonna be burning I don't know the midnight oil, but is certainly gonna be meeting late into the night to try and get in as much of the playbook as Joe can comfortably digest and be ready to execute on a Sunday.
Speaker 2: The phrase I've heard a lot and you alluded to it, get the ball where it needs to go.
Speaker 3: In this case.
Speaker 2: T Higgins, if you look at the numbers and the projections and how many the pace he's on, it's down from a year ago.
Speaker 3: The catch rate is down.
Speaker 2: I think Chase Brown is somebody who catching the ball out of the backfield running the foot. There's I see those names being incorporated more along.
Speaker 3: With a Mike is sicky? Does that make sense?
Speaker 7: So here's something I think a lot of fans need to understand. This offense was designed with Joe Burrow's brain in mind.
Speaker 3: No pun in had it.
Speaker 7: Joe Burrow processes at the line of scrimmage, unlike any quarterback in the National Football League and it's not close.
Speaker 6: And Zach Taylor will tell you.
Speaker 7: That day in and day out, there is nobody that can process pre snap and even at the time the ball is snapped, nobody can process like he does. Jake Browning does not have that ability, and we don't know if Joe Flacco does. I mean, Joe Flacco has a lot of experience. He has a Super Bowl ring, we all understand that, and he is a very well accomplished National Football League quarterback. But the offense is built around a quarterback who ad libs for lack of better work to put ad libs mentally, there.
Speaker 6: Are I don't know another.
Speaker 7: Quarterback that come in and ad lib Zach Taylor's offense. That's the challenge that's obviously we saw that was the challenge with Jake Browning because people ask why wasn't Jake Browning and twenty five like he was in seven starts in twenty twenty three because the offense evolves and again he cannot. He does not have the time to process that he had in twenty twenty three. He just didn't have the time this year. And we'll find out whether or not again if Joe Flacco can pick things up fast enough to be effective.
Speaker 2: On Sunday, take a time out to continue more and more good stuff with Trags. We're at Longnecks in Ridgewood, Cincinnati. Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Round Table Show presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW rolling right along through the first hour, first of three tonight from Long Necks in Richwood. It's presented by Postman Law, Cincinnati. Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. Lance Bacallister Trags hanging out in this horable transition into some UC football talk with Keegan nickoson a Bearcat Journal.
Speaker 3: Coming up at seven oh six.
Speaker 2: Let's review the drive of last week's game, brought you by Driveway Dumpster in Cincinnati. Black and yellow does mean trash. Visit d dumpsters dot com. We'll go fourth quarter to the ten play drive sixty seventy three yards resulting in a fifteen yard score from Browning to Chase. That is our Driveway Dumpster's drive of the game, and we'll review last week's defensive play of the game. Brought to you by O'Connor, a Channie and Levy Attorneys. You know, attorneys you trust. Visit Oa l dash Law dot com. I've blown that read every week with Rocky sitting next to me, But you presented a calming presence and I read that flawlessly.
Speaker 3: Make note of that. I read all the letters correctly.
Speaker 6: Anything I can do to help play.
Speaker 2: I pronounced the name of the law firm and their website very smoothly and efficiently. And our defensive don't confuse me. I'll blow it. I'll blow it. You keep pushing me our defensive play of the game. We'll go with Trey Hendrickson the stripsack and fumbletray had a big game on Sunday. Little things into bigger things. First, you tweeted a great photo today the owner met the quarterback.
Speaker 6: Yes he did.
Speaker 7: Joe Flacco spent about i'd say five to six seven minutes just chatting up Mike Brown. And look, Mike Brown was animated, and it's always good to see Mike animated and into it. Look, you say what you will about Mike Brown, criticize him all you want. He's the top boss of the Bengals, and he bears the brunt of a lot of fans frustration. I get that there is not an owner in the National Football League who is more engaged or cares about his team and shows up at every practice more than Mike Brown. And I think he'd he is ninety one glance think about that, and he's showing up at football practice on a random October day in week number six of the NFL season. He sits on his golf course a golf cart and heat his practice. He's attentive, he sticks around for the entire practice. He chats up players here and there. Not often he doesn't, but today was a special occasion. The new quarterback that he hopes is coming in to help save the season until Joe Burrow can return. I thought it was quintessential Mike Brown.
Speaker 2: You're around and have been around Jake Browning every day. This is going to be a difficult week for him, obviously, with all that has happened to him. Yes, he talked. Give me a sense of how he's processing all of this.
Speaker 6: That's a great question.
Speaker 7: And I actually went up on my own today to Jake to compliment him on how he handled it on Wednesday with all of the news coming down, and he was ticked off. He admitted he was ticked off. The team told him on Monday that they were searching for a quarterback. The trade was made Tuesday, Wednesday, he started immediately onboarding with Joe Flacco, who, by the way, is locker to his immediate left. So we're asking all of these questions on Wednesday of Jake Browning, how does it feel? Have you ever been through anything like this? How can you come back? What can you learn? And Joe For half of the interview, not the entire interview, but half of the interview. The first half, Joe Flacco's right there, And eventually I'm sure Flacco picked up the smoke signals and was like, I need to clear out of here and give the man some dignity, some space to answer these questions without me hovering over him. I'm sure that went through Flacco's mind. So anyway, and Browning was very frank. He said, look, I take responsibility for the eight interceptions and only six touchdown passes, but I wasn't the only reason. He said it in so many words, and he's like, I'd like to think that there are other factors that contributed to our offense gaining less than two hundred yards and two of my three starts. And certainly he's referring to the fact that the offensive line struggled. They couldn't run the ball, and when you have those two factors thrown into the mix, it's going.
Speaker 6: To be hard for any quarterback to be successful.
Speaker 7: So, yeah, he was letting everybody know he understands that he played poorly, but there were other factors outside of his control that impacted the poor offensive production.
Speaker 2: Sunday, they trail fourteen to three at the half. They'd run it seven times, had thrown it twenty three times. They averaged four point three yards of carrie. And my thought was at the half and I'm looking at the stats and I say, wait a minute. One team is ahead fourteen to three and they've thrown it and passed it or run it fifteen times each. The other team is only down by eleven. They've only run it seven times and successfully in those seven times. Is there a fair argument to be made They may not be running it well, but there's moments they do that they don't continue that path.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm gonna go back to the first drive of the season. Lands remember what happened. It was and they rammed it right down the throat of one of the best defensive lines in the National Football League.
Speaker 3: What happened to that?
Speaker 6: Where was the desire? Where was the drive?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 7: I will grant you that Lucas Patrick, who was one of the best run blocking offensive guards in the NFL, went down with injury. But that doesn't mean you just say, well, screw it, we can't run the ball anymore. No, you find a way, Dalton Rise. Every guard loves to run block, every offensive lineman loves to run block.
Speaker 6: But running is an attitude.
Speaker 7: And what happens is when one of or two offensive linemen go down, the Bengals retreat if you will to what uh Zach Taylor's mo O and his DNA is football DNA, and that's throwing the ball all over the field. Well, that's great if you have Joe Burrow. It's not so great if you have a backup quarterback with no offensive line protection and no run game to speak of.
Speaker 6: To keep them honest.
Speaker 7: Before last week, dead last in the NFL in both yards per game and yards per carry, and teams know that.
Speaker 6: And that's why I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You know, yes, the Bengals gained whatever it was, seventy yards on ten carries or something like that last week. I don't have the numbers in front of me. But that's terrific. But if I'm the Green Bay Packers again, I throw the kitchen sink. I bring Micah Parsons from every gap possible and then some and force the Bengals to show them that they're either going to have maximum protection every single snap, which might be the case, or they're going to become a legitimate fifty to fifty or fifty five forty five run pass team.
Speaker 2: Thought all things considered, opponent, offensive quality, the opponent, the score at that moment, the defense. I mean, I can't rail on what the defense did. I kind of felt sorry for the defense at times. Is there progress you were seeing that's being made by this defense.
Speaker 7: Al Golden spoke to us on Wednesday, that would be yesterday, and he said, I can sense that the guys are coming together more and more every week. They are understanding what the calls are. They're playing a lot of rookies, Schamar Stewart's injury aside. They are playing, obviously Barrett Carter and Demetrious Knight Junior, two guys that I don't think they figured Barrett Carter would be playing as much as he has. But because they've gone with a base defense, which is the four defensive down lineman, and then you have three linebackers in there, one of which can play like a Demetrius Knight play on the line of scrimmage. You need that many linebackers to be able to play and whatnot. And I think they've gotten a lot out of those rookie linebackers and they've been very, very good. They need Shamar Stewart on the field Sunday. I understand that it's a short week next week with the Steelers. They need Shamar Stewart to be an impact. They know that if he's on the field, he can be not only on defense, but on special teams. We've seen all the block kicks all around the NFL this year. He can be one of those guys for the Bengals and they need him on the field. The one drive that disappointed me last week. Bengals have made it twenty eight to seventeen, and it was a game, yes, and they allowed the Lions to march right down the field with very little resistance. Maybe they were worn out, maybe they just reverted to form, but they need there's still more consistency to be had on that defense.
Speaker 2: Two questions will run a two minute drill. Let me do the second one first because I don't want to lose time on it. Layout for those listening, how they can read, watch and follow everything you were offering each day both Bengals and even reads related online.
Speaker 7: Cl and s Sincy with a y dot com have a column up there right now about Jake Browning and his great grands yep and Ted Kara is playing for yet another experienced Super Bowl caliber quarterback, so that's up there now. The Jungle War postgame pod and also all of the audio and video from the locker room that is on my YouTube channel Jungle War Pod at YouTube dot com and then online there's a lot of locker room reaction today and from the podium of Jamar Chase and t Higgins. That's up on my x page at Trags. Tr Ags.
Speaker 2: You were in on the season wrap up with the Nick Kral and Brad Metter earlier in the week. A number of talking points coming out of that. What anything anything jump out to you or give But in closing, maybe a thought on something that came out of that earlier in the week.
Speaker 7: Need to come up with some better hitters in the middle of the lineups, and they don't have a budget yet, but they need They know they need to be better situationally, they know they need more power in Great American Ballpark. They're tired of seeing other teams come in and hit home runs. And the Reds you've seen Atlance. They some weeks they turn into the big Red Machine. Other weeks they're the little Red Wagon. Remember that great and late I meany rest in peace, Dave Parker. But that's they want to get away from that. They want to be more like the Milwaukee Brewers and the Philadelphia Phillies, the LA Dodgers, teams that consistently put pressure on opposing pictures. So uh, and I think that starts in the minor leagues frankly. But what the other big takeaway is they have a lot of decisions to make on which players are going to play which positions. That's to me, probably the biggest takeaway. And you've got to figure out what are you going to do with Spencer's year and Sal Stewart to start next season, what's that going to be, Who's gonna play left field? What are you gonna do with Austin Hayes, who is a free agent, he's probably gone. What are you gonna do with third base?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: You know, keep Brian or Sal Stewart there? What about centerfield?
Speaker 6: TJ? Friedel?
Speaker 7: I will tell you, and I'm not trying to read too much into this. They like TJ. Friedel, they didn't love the way he kind of wore down again at the end of the year. Not necessarily injury, just he wore down because J. Friedel is not a big guy, and God bless his heart, but guys like that can wear down, right, And Nick Crawl made reference to that. So what do you do in centerfield? And the Matt McLean's shoulder. It's got to be fully healthy next year. We all know that noelve Marte needs to take another step forward. They were very happy with that. And what to do with La Daily Cruz for now, he's your shortstop.
Speaker 3: Excellent stuff.
Speaker 2: As always, I really appreciate you making the trip out here. I really enjoyed the conversation.
Speaker 6: Thanks for dinner, Bud.
Speaker 3: You got it. He's trags.
Speaker 2: Check him out, take a time out of continue, get a check on news and some UC football ahead. We're at Longnecks and Rich with seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by TOF Sheldon Roundtable Show Live from Longnecks and Wilder, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Honda East Power Equipment Dealer. Skyline Chilly feeling Good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured Call eight four four Postman Others Promised Postman delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Coach Sheldon five one three five one three t oph On seven hundred WLW the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep it moving our second hour tonight, We're hanging out at Long Next say in Richwood. I'm Lyoncemacallister. Rocky's out tonight. He's on a cibon. He has an ESPN game. Trags kind enough to step in for him in the first hour. His duties are done, so he's enjoying a burger and fries hanging out. We've got UC football conversation to get to later on in this hour, some high school football with Greg Shoemaker of tray Statefootball dot Com the high School Football Tonight Show, and then Dan Klaskins has the Fantasy Football for you coming up at seven point fifty. This is a treat on a night of phill Ins. Chad Brendle sent me a text this morning. He says, Hey, I my daughter's got a volleyball match and he is the PA voice of Simon Kenton Volleyball for his daughter. And I said, absolutely, totally understand. He said, how about Keegan? I said, I'd love to talk with Keegan nickoson so Lo and behold from Bearcat Journal dot com. We welcome in, said Keegan Nicholson.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 9: I'm doing excellent And anytime I can fill in for chatter is awesome.
Speaker 4: And you should tell him how he feels about But you.
Speaker 9: Should ask him how he feels about being the PA announcer for his daughter's volleyball team.
Speaker 4: I think it's probably his favorite job that he has.
Speaker 2: That is awesome, That is outstanding. All right, Let's get into some MUC football. Big win over Iowa State number fourteen.
Speaker 3: Last week.
Speaker 2: They won four straight big one coming up at Nippert Saturday against UCUP. Let's start first with this tag team of running backs they have, because man, you watched Tawie Walker and you watch Evan Pryor. They combined for two hundred on Saturday. What a dynamic duo that gives you all facets?
Speaker 3: Did you be looking for the run game?
Speaker 9: It really was the perfect microcosm of that Yin and Yang kind of situation because you start to gang with I think it was a thirty thirty five year and touchdown on a counter to Evan Pryor.
Speaker 4: Where he just ran all over.
Speaker 9: He just explosively right through the middle of the offense. And then Tawie Walker, I think he's number fourteen's legal guardian on Iowa State.
Speaker 4: Now for strutting him twice.
Speaker 9: And when we were talking with some offensive linemen on Tuesday, they said it was a good truck and they've never seen someone's feet come up in the air after getting hit, and that was kind of the most impressive part about it. And yeah, it's a great piece of the offense, and there's so many levels of that offense that are working so well right now. But having those two running backs, especially in this scheme that emphasizes his own run and wants to establish the run. It sets the entire offense up for some success.
Speaker 2: And as it's been said many times over the years, it all starts upfront that offensive line opening up holes and protecting Brendan Sorosby. And I don't know if people fully understand this in a city where we're always talking offensive line play and Bengals quarterbacks getting hit. Brendon Soorsby has been sacked one single time the entire season, which is hard to fathom in pretty damn it price it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and the one time he was sacked, it was kind of a throwaway play where it was a boot to the right and the offensive lineman to the left and Kansas just called the.
Speaker 4: Perfect play and had a free runner at the quarterback.
Speaker 9: And I think he's only then actually hit period twice the entire season, and they were both against Kansas.
Speaker 4: And I think this team's.
Speaker 9: Ability to be really good in pass protection and really good and run blocking is kind.
Speaker 4: Of the most impressive thing.
Speaker 9: And Chad had brought it up multiple times. Usually you either get like really powerful, really strong run blockers that aren't that good and past pro because they're not finesse enough, or you get or it gets the inverse, and this team has both, and it's it's really Nick Cardwell, who he teaches violence at the point of attack.
Speaker 4: That's his big thing.
Speaker 9: Whether it's pass protection or it's run blocking, he wants his guys to be violent. They hit on Evan Tangsol, who was a true freshman in twenty twenty three. He developed into a good left guard. They hit on Tarantio, who's the right guard. They hit on Joe Potton, who is the left apple of South Dakota who's probably going to be an NFL draft pick after next season. And it's all working out. And DeAndre Biefford is probably the guy that's had the roughest season, But how rough can the season be when you've only allowed one SAT as.
Speaker 4: An entire offensive line.
Speaker 9: So I think the entire group is performing really, really well.
Speaker 2: Keegan nickoson check it in tonight from Bearcat Journal Bearcat Journal dot com, talking.
Speaker 3: You see football.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a non x's and o's question about this team, and I'll be interested in your observation because mine from afar is that in a world of nil and portal and turnover chemistry, and pieces fitting can be difficult to come by. But man, every week when I'm driving home listening to the Scott Centerfield Show and I hear the players that are on the show, or I hear them in interviews, you do that seems like collectively a group that fits together. And I don't want to sound corny, but they enjoy being together. Is there something to that with this team?
Speaker 9: Yeah, definitely, And I think Tallie Walker he said it himself on Tuesday at the radio show.
Speaker 4: Someone asked them like, Hey, what's.
Speaker 9: The biggest differences or what are some similarities between here and Wisconson? And obviously it's a Cincinnati than He's trying to poke it them and say, hey, Luke Fickle is your head coach?
Speaker 4: What's different now?
Speaker 9: And he said plainly, he said, there is more belief and heart in this team, and it starts from the top up, from the top down with the leaders. But to say that and about having so much success here, I think he really really has to mean it and have the proof to be able to back it up because it's a.
Speaker 4: Very very bold plane.
Speaker 9: And I think one of those leaders is Brendan Soerby, who looks I love this dude's game.
Speaker 4: How he runs the ball, how he throws the ball. I love how he plays. He looks like he's having.
Speaker 9: Fun, but he's genuinely just a really really good dude.
Speaker 4: But he's a really.
Speaker 9: Really good human being that you would just want to sit down and have a conversation with. And the most impressive thing about him to me is after that last PCU game last year and they go five and seven, loose five straight, he was very, very quick to commit to coming back after the game.
Speaker 4: He could have said, you know, I want to keep my options open.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna talk with my agent and my parents and we'll see what happens. Because there were some schools coming after him. But he wants to win at Cincinnati. He wants to win for Scott Sadderfield, and that kind of leadership and that commitment kind of trickled down throughout the entire team on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 2: That may be the answer to my next question, but I'll ask it anyway. They beat Arizona State last year to get to five and two. I remember doing the topic, you know, has UC turned the corner? Are you buying into Scott's seta? They proceeded to not win another game the rest of the year. What is different about this addition to lead people to believe this is a legitimate turnaround. Is it more than what you just said about how well they play together and have been put together.
Speaker 9: The biggest thing for me, and it's really really plain, is their wide receivers are faster, and when you have a quarterback like Brendan Sourbey, when you have three wide receivers who can stretch the field, it opens up so much to the playbook for Scott Saderfield, who's that offensive mind and the guy that wants to call the plays. Last year they had good wide receivers. Tony Johnson got a big payday to go to Miami. Jamoynees made the Bengals roster. Xavier Henderson was there one and he had some lank and a little bit of speed. But what they were finding is that teams are just keen in on Joe Royer and then like daring the receivers to try to get open, and it just wasn't working in the last half of the season. So now that you have Cyrus Allen and now that you have Caleb Goodie, who are all guys that have had multiple explicit plays. He saw the goodie posts that he had opened against Iowa State actually opened three times on the play and you only hit him once. He could have had three touchdowns and maybe two hundred yards receiving on that day.
Speaker 4: But it's really really plain.
Speaker 9: I think the offensive line is obviously really good thing, and that you have so much turnover him that they're still good. But if I had to point to the number one reason they'd be different, it's.
Speaker 4: That they have some burners on the outside.
Speaker 9: And a really really good quarterback has taken that year two jump to give them the ball.
Speaker 2: What do you see fans need to know about UCF for Saturday?
Speaker 9: Oh, that's a great question. The quarterback situation thing. Tavan Jackson is their number one guy. I think Jakari Brown started the season as their number.
Speaker 4: One that Tavin Jackson quickly came in.
Speaker 9: They are both kind of questionable right now. So Cam Fancher I think played the majority of the game for against Kansas last week. Tavin Jackson le's up an injury. I think Jafari Brown is kind of expected to be back. Tavin j Acting is more of an actual question mark. But if Tavian Jackson plays. I would expect to see a very very motivated Brendan Sowersby because while those who are really close and they're great friends from their time in Indiana, Tavin Jackson beat Sooresby out in the quarterback competition before that twenty twenty three season, the last year of Tom Allen in Indiana, So I'm expecting to Seetwarsby one of them maybe put up three hundred, three hundred fifty yards. There's a lot of speed on this UCF team. I think Scott Saderfield pointed it out that look, if if you're recruiting guys from Florida, they're fast, like it's all over the state. The guys from Florida are fast their dns and their defensive tackles or even twitchy. So I'm looking forward to seeing the battle up front for this uc offensive line going at the four man front, a lot of talented ed rushers, and then they've got speed all over the field. So it should be a pretty good game. I think if you can throw on them, it should be over. And if you can, if you can protect Brendan Sowerby keeping away from turnovers, UC should.
Speaker 4: Have no issue coming out with a deciding whim.
Speaker 2: I believe this is current information from what I saw Chad tweet earlier today. Currently, this is the last day of a chance to get sixty percent off a full year of Bearcat Journal Bearcat Journal dot com. Tell everybody about the thing that you guys are pumping out great contact content. Tell them what they can find at bearcatjournal dot com at all you have going on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the big visitor list was just posted.
Speaker 4: I think it's thirty nine names that are on the website for VIP subscribers.
Speaker 9: We've got previews, our previews of UCF. We talked to people who cover UCF and get previews for them.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have a.
Speaker 9: Really good offensive line story up tomorrow tomorrow morning, and a ton of postgame content will also be coming. So you know we cover Cincinnati the best out of anyone in the market.
Speaker 4: I'll put my name on that, I'll put my reputation on it. And please please buy your subscription to Chad campaign.
Speaker 9: Anymore, because that's the number one reason why we need to do this.
Speaker 3: That is fantastic. You are the man.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate you filling in, and I hope we can talk again later on in the season.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Lance, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanksgigging take care. There you go, Keg and nickoson Bearcat Journal, Bearcat Journal dot Com. You see UCF Saturday at Nippert Still ahead after the bottom of the Iron News the high school football scene with Greg Shoemaker. Up next, what happened to Jake Browning and the crash course that Joe Flacco is currently on and what he can do for this team? That is we roll on from Long. Next in Richwood, it's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show, presented by Postman Law and brought to you in part by Ever Dry Waterproofing. We love Ever Dry Waterproofing. It's not dry till it's ever dry. On seven hundred WLW seven on seven hundred WLW Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by.
Speaker 3: Top Shuldon Round Table Show. Is this thing on?
Speaker 2: Yes, Long Mexan Ridgewood, presented by Postma Law Alliance McAllister nine o'clock tonight, let's see Thursday night. That's going to be Dan Carroll. I do believe we've got so much to get to between now and then. Much conversation about this week about the quarterback position, one out, one in out is Jake Browning, who two years ago went four and three taking over for Joe Burrow one twice in overtime, was the AFC Offensive Player of the Week. Completed thirty two of thirty seven for three hundred and fifty four yards against Jacksonville two years ago in the win. This year, different story. Interceptions were up, missed opportunities down the field and now out. On Bengals Game Plan Wednesday Night, Down the Dial on ESPN fifteen thirty, Dan Horne and Dave Lapham talked about what transpired. Would Jake Browning take a listen.
Speaker 5: When they looked at game tape they didn't like what they saw, you know, and and Zach Taylor and Dan Pitcher, they all other position coaches must have felt like, we have to do something because there are players to be made out there and we're not making them. We're going to make a move there unfortunately, and see if it makes a difference for us.
Speaker 8: So when Jake Browning threw three touchdown passes in the fourth quarter last week and led the Bengals on touchdown drives on three straight series, I thought to my sayf okay, this is the guy that we saw two years ago. Maybe this is a sign that he can get it going and you know, still hold things in check until Joe Burrow hopefully comes back. Then I heard him at his postgame news conference after the game, and he was so in his own head, you know, worried about costing the team the game. And yeah, I mean, the interception's hurt. But when I heard that, my mind kind of changed to thinking, I'm not sure that he's going to be able to get out of this anytime soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think when guys do that, it's tough.
Speaker 5: It's tough to turn the worm, you know, it's tough to work yourself out of that kind of football depression. You know, as such, you know, you look at tape out for the game, it's like you're kicking yourself in the butt, you know, Oh my god, how did I miss that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think it was just in his own head to the point of, like I said, the bottom falling out and what do you do as coaches? Well, Zach Taylor and the organization decided Joe Flacco to make the call to Cleveland. Cleveland's willing to make the trade still stunning to me. Can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Dave Lapham Dan Horde last night on Bengals Game Plan about what transpired with Jake Browning and what has led to now Joe Flacco assuming the starting quarterback role for the Cincinnati Bengals. Zach yesterday talked about the components, the parts of Joel's game that he likes and kind of walked us through the process of getting him ready. Here's Zach on his new starting quarterback.
Speaker 6: He's a great pastor.
Speaker 10: Again, we've we've got to expand all areas of our offense to be better, to be able to efficient run the football, protect all that kind of stuff. But the number one trait you're looking for is a guy that can operate your system into the football. And Joe has always been a tremendous passer in this league and I have seen it, and so now we've got treminous weapons that he can he can play around, and so I'm excited to watch him do it.
Speaker 4: Yes, he looked like, what time did he get here? What were you guys able to do last night to get ahead to start?
Speaker 6: Well, we talked on the phone while he drove.
Speaker 10: We had something to drive him, he and his wife from Cleveland, and so we were able to send him the information to study, talked to him on the phone as he drove down, gave him a break, let him then come in facility, and we got a chance to meet last night.
Speaker 6: And at this one, do you.
Speaker 11: Feel like trading for Flacco helps promote some hope and some confidence to the season as a whole.
Speaker 10: I think everyone's just seen him been there, do that, you know, and won a Super Bowl and won a lot of games and been successful in a lot of different places.
Speaker 3: And I can't speak for other.
Speaker 10: People, but when you bring a guy in here with that experience and those skins on the wall, I think it's it's significant and it can mean something to guys, but they'd have to speak for themselves somehow.
Speaker 3: And then Joe's age, maybe some of the mobility insurance that commonly day.
Speaker 2: How do you, as a play caller and the architect of the offense.
Speaker 3: Work through some of those challenge Yeah?
Speaker 10: I mean I can't speak for Joe to say that mobility was ever his number one strength, dating back to when I would a coach against him in twenty twelve and thirteen, I don't know that we were ever worried about Joe breaking free for a fifteen yard game. So I think his placetolf has been in his place all for a long time, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Obviously, we got to do a great job around him in the run game and protection and all that.
Speaker 3: Kind of stuff.
Speaker 10: But he understands, he understands our concepts already. It's a lot of things he's done, some things he's called the same, So again, we'll do it suits him best ultimately at the end of the week when he's not comfortable with there's some things we've called during the week that you know, we should put on the shelf.
Speaker 2: Zach Taylor yesterday talking about the arrival and implementation of Joe Flacco as the starting quarterback on this team. Let's take a look at the Postman Law injury report delivered by Postman Law. Injured Postman delivered Dylan Fairchild did not practice today dealing with the knee that's not good. Drew Sample did not practice with the ankle. One packer note of interest, Brandon McManus, their kicker injured his quad yesterday, did not practice today. There is certainly questions around his status for Sunday. They do have a kicker on the practice squad and Matt Leffluer also saying today there would be an option of signing somebody as well. That's kind of against the backdrop of a Packer special teams unit that has been really bad this year. They are thirtieth in the league in special teams. The last four years they have not been better than twenty sixth in the league in special teams. They had a trying to remember the sequence, here was a point after blocked last week return for two points. They had a field goal blocked in a game. They had multiple special team penalties in the Commander's game. They are allowing twelve yards per punt return this year while averaging just five yards per punt return, and they're allowing twenty eight yards per kick return. It has been a mess, borderline disaster for the Packers from that side of things.
Speaker 3: Who keep that in mind this weekend.
Speaker 2: And all of this said, and all of this change that has taken place with the Bengals, I'm going to go back to this again. We talked about it last night. It may not feel like it the way the last three games have looked. Three points in the first half in each of the last three games. The reality is the Bengals enterplay this weekend two and three in the AFC North, one game back.
Speaker 3: Of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh at three and one, the Bengals at two and three, the Ravens at one and four, the Browns at one and four, so clearly the division is still in play. Two more meetings against the Steelers, including one on the quick turnaround next week, two more against the Ravens, who've allowed one hundred and seventy seven points this year, with questions surrounding the status of their defensive coordinator, and in the big picture of the AFC in a seven team playoff field right now, the Patriots are the seventh seed at the moment at three and two. The Bengals are next to two and three. They're the eight seed, Texans are the nine seed, and the Chiefs are the ten seed. Both the Texans and Chiefs at two and three along with the Bengals, but the Bengals, based on seeding and current tiebreakers, positioned at number eight and a schedule with twelve games left that includes a total losing record combined of the opponent's remaining I think the remainings schedule, the twelve games left combined records is I'm going to say twenty three thirty two to one. And in fact, in their next four Green Bay, Pittsburgh, the Jets, and the Bears, those four teams combined seven nine and one games at this moment against six teams with losing records at this point. Now that's the reality of the situation. The other reality is the Bengals still have to figure out a way to put points on the board, protect Joe Flacco, find a way to run the football, and that begins on Sunday in historic lambeau Field. Still ahead, Let's turn the spotlight to high school football. Some big games circled it on the docket and on the radar of Greg Shoemaker from Tri Statefootball dot Com and the High School Football Tonight show.
Speaker 3: What do you say we do that? Next after we check news.
Speaker 2: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show Long next in Richwood. It's brought to you in part by Miami University, where today's students become tomorrow's leaders. Visit miamioh dot e Edu on seven hundred WLW seven seven hundred WLW. You making our way through at Thursday Night on the Roundtable Show Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show at long Nex in Richwood, presented by Postman Law. We're giving on a Bengals print from Sean Volker. If you're in the house and don't have a ticket, ask your server for one. We'll draw on eight o'clock. You got to be here to win. Somebody's gonna walk away with a big poster print from a Sean Volker of a Bengal tiger that coming up at eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: Let's talk high School Football.
Speaker 2: You hear our next guest on Friday Nights with the award winning High School Football Tonight Show on ESPN fifteen thirty and Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Radium is the content manager of Tri State Football dot Com. Let's talk Week eight and welcome in, Greg Schuemaker.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 11: I am wonderful Lance.
Speaker 4: How you doing the miss? Chris Paul evening?
Speaker 3: I am ready.
Speaker 2: There is football in the air, and there's football to be talked about, so let's get to it. Hylands in Elder and Elder defense man, old man getting it done. But we'll be tested by a Bluebirds offense that is certainly multi faceted with a lot of guys who can get it done.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 11: You know last week at setting out there at Elder in the pit when they knock off Moler, number one bowler at the time, and in front of a pack house ten thousand, everybody was out there, Zach Taylor and his son Willie Cunningham was wandering aimlessly like he normally does. It was awesome. And yeah, so it was a good game. And you know after that game, Elders defense now is allowing just sixty five point five yards of game rushing and only twelve points six points per contest, and you know they do they're doing everything right. At seven to zero, they've only turned the ball over three times. And here's what you're talking about. There's a lot of guys that can get the things done. For Highlands, only six players have scored touchdowns for Elder through the seven games, and all of them have hit paid her between three and five times. So they have a lot of guys that know how to get there too. But Highlands they've got thirteen guys with touchdowns this year, but only Tayton Larinz and who leads the team fourteen. He's got twelve touchdowns. Everybody else has two or less, so they got twelve players with two or less touchdowns, so they don't care. They just spread the ball all over the place. But the thing I really like about this Elder team is the last six teams that they've beaten are all at five hundred or better. The thing I really like about Highlands is they're three and one games decided by four points or left, so they know how to get it done in close games. And their only loss was by a point at Boyle County. So I think this is gonna be a good game. This is gonna be one of those that it might surprise some people when it's all said and done, but others pretty dogron good. Right now, all.
Speaker 2: Right, let's talk Lesal the Lancers against the Bombers of st X in a big time computer points game.
Speaker 3: Explain this.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so the top four teams in the playoffs this year, based on your computer point, they will get first round buys. We eleven buys and right now, things that you're sitting at number one and or number four Division one Reasion four and Lasal's sitting at number four in Division two Region eight uh in computer points. So the winner of this one's going to solidify that buy. You don't want to lose that buy. Uh, you know, getting a fifth or a fifth seed. So that's a big It's gonna be big, especially for these DCL South teams who have these rigorous schedules. I think they're gonna all want that rule week and that breather off a week eleven and get that buy. So but you know, Lasal's lost by straight to State X and all the last three are by nine points. So but all of them have been uh, you know, double digits besides that one, So it's been a while since Lethal has had a good game. But here's the other thing. Saint Xavier, they haven't scored more than twenty eight points in a game and our only average and eighteen pointy four points per game, So, uh, this could be a low scoring unfair especially because the same that's defense. Even though the offense isn't scoring, the defense has been stellar, given up just twelve point four points per game. He's it's been a tail of two things here. For say, next, the Bombers just haven't gotten the run game going. They're only averaging two point nine yards per carrying three rushing touchdowns on the season, and this is the time of year you need to start getting that going. So ex Ha's got some work to do if they want to keep that buy.
Speaker 2: All right, how about collision of Rockets and Knights mcnick Rockets, Alter Knights and two teams that have been rolling lately.
Speaker 11: They really have. I mean mcnick has won four in a row and Alders won three in a row, and both of them have played just kill our schedules. You know, Alter are always challenges it. They start off their Division three both teams are Division three Region twelve, and Alder plays Division one Fairmount and then they got Division two trout with Madison on their schedule. Micknick went to Ironton this year and Wheelersburg, so they play those tough Ohio River teams early on, so they've been battle tested. And right now Alter is sitting six in the computer rankings and mcnick's at seven and in Region twelve, so very very two very similar teams. But the win here is going to be huge because, like I said, both teams sitting at five and two and two and zero in the gCO co ed Division. It's gonna be a good a good night. And these two teams too they alter each other quite a bit. Altars only given up eighty four points and just a mirror each other, Alters only giving up eighty four points on the year. Mcnick's only given up eighty five.
Speaker 4: But Alter loves to run the football.
Speaker 11: They're averaging two hundred and eleven yards a game on the ground with twenty three rushing touchdowns, and their sophomore Drew Cripps has been outstanding. He's got eleven hundred and eighty five all purpose yards and he's got forty eight tackles. He's hit the end zone twelve times and has done it three or four different ways. And then mcnick is much more balanced team. They're averaging one hundred and three yards passing, they're averaging one hundred and thirty nine rushing, and then their special teams and the return game has been outstanding, averaging one hundred and one yards per game in returns. I mean, that's a whole football field and they have three uh they have three punt return or two punt returns and one kick returns for touchdowns already this year. That could be the whole difference in this ball game. I mean, especially when you're averaging that kind of yardage and on special teams in a game, that's pretty good, especially on a team it's five and two, you're not getting that many kickoffs to return and you're not you know, I mean, and well you get some punts to return, but it's it's it's pretty impressive number right there.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm I'm looking at and I love the notes you send every week, and I'm looking at this Indian Hill Braves matchup against the Madeira Mustangs, and I will admit there's a note on each side. I looked and I did a double take, and I said, holy cow, could that be true? Tell me about the Indian Hill defense and tell me about Madeira's quarterback situation.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is a I put this one on here because this is this is gonna be a tough It could be a tough night for Madeira. But Indian Hills defense, let's start there first. They have only given up thirty five points on the season, five points a game. They've shut up their last three opponents and they've given up this is an incredible stat. Seven games in the season. They've only given up seven first half points.
Speaker 12: They've shut out.
Speaker 11: Fox teams in the first half of game. Instead amazing and then you know so and they're only holding and this is another good fact about their defense. They're sitting at seven and zero and there's reason why they've only given up sixty five yards a game Russians and seventy one passing and they're only allowing a thirty seven point seven completion race. Why is that so important? Madeira is starting at fifth quarterback of the season tomorrow night and all four of their wins this season, they're four and three and three and one in the CHL, a game behind Indian Hill. And it's crazy, but they've had four different quarterbacks winning games for him this year. And even better than that stat all even though they started five quarterbacks, they've only thrown five interceptions all year. So, I mean, that's off to Chris Stewart, the head coach over there, for doing such a great job with was what he had to work with. I mean, I can't imagine being on FI starting quarterback in the high school. This kid was a wide receiver and a dvy.
Speaker 3: They had their.
Speaker 11: Freshman quarterback up at one time.
Speaker 9: He got hurt.
Speaker 11: Their starter got hurt. Uh four passes into the season, so uh. He was an All conference player last year. So that's awesome, A dear, I know it could be a long night just the Braves tomorrow, but man, good job by Chris Stewart.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it.
Speaker 2: All right, it's gonna be a big night and you've got it all covered. Tell everybody about the high school football tonight showed about Tri statefootball dot com.
Speaker 11: Absolutely so high school football tomorrow night or high school football tonight tomorrow night is we've got in the In the pregame portion before the Saint Xavier game, we'll talk with Paul Wiggins, the Headport At head coach at Newport. They're playing New Cap in a big rivalry game tomorrow. Jeff Estick and Brad Jeff Astic from Tate and Brad Schilders from Franklin are going to join us. And both of those teams started out zero to five and they've won their first two conference games, and both of them are sitting at two and five with chances to win their conference and legitimate chances to win their conferences. So it's those are both good stories. In the pregame portion, postgame portion of high school Football Tonight will feature Dan Klaskins and Jake Berkmeyer. I'll be off, I'm heading up the lambo to watch the fingals. That's a different story, but uh, those guys will be around and in all your great news at Tri State football dot com. We'll have coach interviews and recaps from games all weekend, some photos up there like we always do, and and great interviews through Spotify as well. So uh yeah, and all the interviews that we do in high school football tonight we post up on Spotify and on our x at TS football on x So yeah, it'll be a great night tomorrow, some good games.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and you guys will be all over it. Always good catch it up. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 11: Sounds good man, see Lance see.
Speaker 2: Greg Shoemaker High school football tonight show tri statefootball dot Com running down four on the docket, big evening of Friday night football. Well there's going to be fantastic. Let's take a look at the AFC North brought to you by Brandsteaders kangaroof your hometown roofing, guttering and siding experts covering Cincinnati Holmes for over twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Visit go Kanga dot net. They hop to it.
Speaker 2: The three and two rams are at the one and four Ravens the Ravens currently a seven and a half point underdog. I'm looking at the injury report released by the Ravens today and once again Lamar Jackson does not go. That in all likelihood means he does not play again. Cooper Rush would seemingly get the start. Schadobei Ouzie, the former Bengal, did not practice today. He's dealing with a hamstring. Lamar Jackson's issue is a hamstring, and also of significance, Rokwan Smith, their linebacker and later on the defensive side, did not practice today with a hams they have. I'm counting this as I'm scrolling through the screen on my phone. One two, three, four players who did not practice today in total, again the Ravens one in four, allowing one hundred and seventy seven points to this season, and John Harbaugh answering questions about the status security of his defensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: Also the one in.
Speaker 2: Four Browns at the three and one Pittsburgh Steelers rookie versus veteran Dylan Gabriel what twenty three years old, Aaron Rodgers forty one years old. The Steelers coming off a bye last week, they get back from Dublin and we're off over the weekend. They get back at it in the Division, Browns at the Steelers. All right, that covers the AFC North. Still ahead well eight o'clock hour, James Rapine offers perspective on the Joe Flacco trade. You'll hear from Wayne Larevie, the voice of the Green Bay Packers, Dave Lapham's thoughts on mikeh persons and how he can impact the game. On Sunday, Tom Gamble's gonna check in with a sneak preview of the Skyline Chill Acrossdown Showdown game tomorrow night. We've got the college football weekend preview, and I will travel Rockies Road for him. He is on assignment tonight. I've got some notes and nuggets for his game. He's calling Southern Miss at Georgia Southern tonight. That game gets underway at eight o'clock a Sunbelt Conference.
Speaker 3: Tilt on ESPN two.
Speaker 2: We'll cover all those bases in the eight o'clock hour, but up next, let's cover the fantasy football side of things. Dan Klaskins will check in as we continue. It's a Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Round Table Show. We're at long Necks in Richwood. It's presented by Postman Lawd right here on seven hundred WLW head down the stretch of the seven o'clock hour, a full hour to go, still ahead from Long Necks in Richwood. The show is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon. Roundtable show is a buy Postman Long Lance. But Calister rockies out tonight on assignment with ESPN.
Speaker 3: He's got a game.
Speaker 2: We'll be back next oh, next Wednesday night, almost at their next Wednesday night before the Thursday night game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 3: Let's talk some fantasy football. We do it every week with our guy.
Speaker 2: Nobody better to turn to than our next guest host of Fantastics, Insider Football, Serious XM Fantasy. Let's talk week six and let's talk with Dan Klaskins.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 13: How are we doing tonight?
Speaker 3: Lance?
Speaker 13: I can't believe it's all Eddy week six. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: It is no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: And there are storylines to continue to emerge now into week six. Let's talk some early season heroes from the fantasy football player standpoint.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, we always talked about so many bad things, and we'll get to the bad things the next part. But let's focus on some of the things that we've had to be excited about, especially there on your fantasy team. Nobody more excited than Poka Nakua because he is wide receiver one right now. He slipped a little bit in August draft. We're worried about Matthew Stafford is back and all these things, but this dude scored twenty three plus PPR points and every week of the season and is locked in. Amiku Kubuka Lancis was a guy I was talking up on the radio all all of this long as being a league winning pick, and I got all the things wrong, but this.
Speaker 3: Is one of them.
Speaker 13: I definitely wish I had more of uh. He's wide receiver three right now, and he's on pace to be the offensive rookie year. He's a favorite of most sportsbook target sheriff per game twenty three percent, twenty and a half PPR points, eighty nine yards a touchdown. You gotta love that running back. Nobody wanted Christian McCaffrey. Oh, he's always there. He's always there. He's the only forty nine are healthy. And if you take away all of his rushing stats, the dude's got ninety five point seven PPR points just on his receiving stats alone. That would make him.
Speaker 4: Wide receiver five.
Speaker 13: Overall, he's running back to Javonte Williams is running back three. Here's a guy that I mean, I got admitted. I didn't drave him. I wasn't that impressed coming off the injury, the major injury a year ago. But he finishes RB thirty four in high stakes drafts and ADP, so nobody was drafted him. But right now he's RB three seventy eight percent running backshare, looking great for the Cowboys. And finally, Patrick Mahomes, I mean he's either a criticized especially in fantasy, he really gets to eat the fantasy It's been down the last couple of years. But twenty four plus PPR or fantasy points in four or five games, that rushing for fifty seven rushing yards a game and three of his five contests three rushing touchdowns, all just one shot of his career best. That rushing floor has him as QB two and back as an elite fantasy quarterback.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do the injury watch. I see I see running backs, I see quarterbacks. I see a raven I see a whole bunch of activity here. Sort through it for us well.
Speaker 13: No player or position or team, and none of it's free of injuries. They're abundant. We'll hit on the big ones. First of all, the good news for Tennity Sae Kwon Barkley was limited most of the week. I expect him to be a fool go. I'm in on some of his props tonight, so no worry is there with the knee issue. The Shan Campy said for those sitting with rookie of Marion Hampton on their fantasy rosters, including yours truly, but ankle issue there, he's on ir They got the Son Haskins, They've got Kamani Butadla, They've got a bunch of question marks. You want to try to avoid starting those players if possible. Bucky Irving, I don't expect him to play with that foot issue. So another was shod White beats there with the fucks and Choopa Hubbard out again for the Panthers unless he can get back on the practice. But Mario has a practice all week. He missed last week. Rico Dabdo went off and now they're taking on his former team to Cowboys, so I really like Rico.
Speaker 4: Again, if Hubbard.
Speaker 13: Said they expect Jaywen Warren back, but you know with the knee issue, Cat Gamewell did good and is out. I don't know how that backs here is going out.
Speaker 4: I think they're both RB three.
Speaker 13: The quarterbacks are where the big headliners are. Lamar Jackson didn't practice again today.
Speaker 4: He's not going to play, let's face it.
Speaker 13: But the hamstring issue there and the Ravens stink with that, and Kyler Murray with a foot, Brock Purdy with the toe. These guys are trending in the wrong direction again for week six as our Terry McLaurin hamstring the Commanders, while it outset to miss the third straight game, Brock powers, they should have put him on IR. I think of resting.
Speaker 4: Through the bye week.
Speaker 13: I don't think he's back to after week eight. And George Kettle not going to play this week, but trending optimism that he could return a week seven for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: All right, onto our weekly lineup advice, roll out some studs, duds and sleepers for us.
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, well, let's talk about studs and let's go to Matthew Stafford. I talked about book and the cool somebody got throwing the ball and three or five quarterbacks to face. The Ravens has scored thirty plus fantasy points. Staffords hit that mark in each of the rams past two games. I think he makes it three in a row on Sunday, Jackson Smith, Njiga.
Speaker 4: He's been a.
Speaker 13: Stud all season. He goes against an offense in Jacksonvill. I think it's gonna be a little higher scoring of a game than the total. But only two good whiteouts to faceball season true number one Jamar Chase and Ecocomons. They broke got one hundred yards in a touchdown. JSM does the same this week. My duds left justin Fields. Only two teams have allowed fewer fantasy quarterbacks this season points the fantasy quarterbacks this season than the Broncos have. And blance hit the stat for you fifteen rushing yards the Broncos have given up through five games to quarterbacks. That's three yards per game average, and they faced Cam Woard, Daniel Jones, Justin, Herbert, Jase Browning, and Jalen Hurt. The rushing floor's not there this week for Field. Sit him and we're gonna sit there at Henry he scored twenty nine point two PPR points in Week one. We thought it was going to be Fantasy bold every game since just thirty point one PPR points. He's not really good without Lamar Jackson there either, and then just a couple of sleepers. I'll leave you with I like Michael Carter the running back. I don't like you as a bunch of Kayla Murray yet, but he will get the volume. He didn't drop the ball at the gold line like his teammate Imi Denmarkado did a week ago. So Carter's in as an RB three flex, as is Chris o'lave the wide receiver three or flex I like him. He's only had fewer than ten targets in one game this season.
Speaker 2: All right, you've been talking about your do Good Fantasy Salary Cap challenge is a new way to play fantasy football and health veterans. And you've got some big time fantasy partners donating prizes. How can listeners get in on the action and maybe win something themselves.
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I love that lance, and you know we always talk about it, you know, dav With this benefit, the thirty dollars season passes a donation to get into our game. I've got more prizes than players at this point because all my friends in the fantasy indust year putting a premium content package is the Fantasy Football Expo, the premier event in fantasy takes place in Cande, Ohio, every August. We got two v teat tickets up there plenty of great prizes.
Speaker 4: Check it out.
Speaker 13: Do good Fantasy dot Com. You can learn more, you can sign up, come set of lineup, play against me every week of the season, and most importantly help our veterans.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely always good catching up. Thanks for the info. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 13: Yes, enjoy the games. Lance should be a fun filled weekend of football.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a playing Thanks Dan, thank Care and Klaskins are fantasy football segment each week, host of Fantastics, Insider Football, Serious XM Fantasy, and part of this show for going on approaching twenty five years. I think, all things considered, let me give you an update. In that baseball game, Dodgers Phillies. They've gone Top seven and it is a pitchers duel started by glass Now and Sanchez their bottom top seven scoreless. Dodgers lead that series two games to one, no score working Top seven, I saw a note, sho Hey Otani is one for seventeen in the series with eight strikeouts, one for seventeen, eight strikeouts for show Hey. That other game which scheduled a first pitch at nine oh eight tonight from Wrigley It is a peralta against Boyd Brewers against Cubs. Brewers lead that game series two games to one as well. All right, eight o'clock hour, we are loaded up, ready, we'll get into Bengals Packers. James Rapeene offers perspective on what Joe Flacco can do for this Bengals team. Wayne Larrevie, longtime voice of the Green Bay Packers, on the impact that Micah Persons is having in that packer locker room and on that defensive line. And Tom Gamble we'll check in and preview his skyline Chile Crosstown Showdown. That plus toss in our college football weekend preview and travel Rockies road Man. That is a lot to get to. We better get to it. Let's check news. It's the Cincinnati tax Resolution powered by Toaf Sheldon. Roundtable show from Long Necks in Richwood, presented by Postman Law and brought to you in part by Hawksword Blood Centers, Hawksword donor save libes close to home. Who will you save? On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by taf Sheldon Roundtable Show live from Long Necks and Wilder, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Honda East Power Equipment Dealer, Skyline Chili feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured call eight four four Postman Others promise, Postman Delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope sholdon five one three five one three tph on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage Anyway.
Speaker 2: We go eight o'clock hour officially underway eight oh seven to be precise. Our third and final hour tonight, we have been jam packed with the all levels of football conversation on the tax SINI Tax Resolution power by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. We do it this month from the Richwood location. We love the Richwood Long Next location. It's presented by Postman Law. And we're back at your next Wednesday in advance of the Thursday night game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Next Wednesday, Rock out tonight. He's on Assignment's got an ESPN game. And we talked with Trags earlier in the show. Mike Petrellia who checked in on the scene. Talk a little Bengals football. We've done the UC thing with Keegan Nicholson. We've talked high school football with Greg Shoemaker. We did fantasy football with Dan Klaskins.
Speaker 3: Update.
Speaker 2: The Phillies have pushed across the run middle of the seventh they lead the Dodgers won nothing that run, compliments of a Nick Costianos double to score Max Kepler. So the Phillies down two to one in the series to the Dodgers lead one nothing going bottom seven in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: We will monitor and update all right at the Talk of the Week.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Joe Flack of the Trade announced well story broken on Tuesday. Announced officially on Wednesday. Joe drives in a car with his wife and it has a five hour conversation of their pauts with Zach Taylor on the way to town Wednesday practice, Thursday practice Sunday. It will be a start in Green Bay against the Packers. I was talking with James Rapeen last night covering it for Bengals Talk dot com about the fact that there's no debate, there's no doubt, there's no question. Zach has made it very clear. Echo is starting on Sunday. Here's James or been.
Speaker 14: It was the second sentence to Joe after they made the deal was Hey, you're gonna start, so get ready. And so I was surprised Zach evolved that. I was happy he did because that gives you an idea of where the Bengals were at with this thing. They know the offense need to be their strength. It was built around the offense. They're obviously invested a lot in the offense, even without Joe Burrow. When you think of the Bengals, you're thinking of those star receivers and you're thinking about getting in the ball. And so when you look at what they haven't been able to do, which is score touchdowns, how do you fix that? And I think they are buying into the idea of Joe Flacco eighteen years in the NFL still has the arm talent, still has the intelligence and smarts and also the right mentality slash leadership to handle starting four days, five days, really after being driven down seventy one from Cleveland to play for the Bengals.
Speaker 2: And during that drive, if you could detail what sounds like a playbook and game planning discussion as he was being driven to Cincinnati.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, it's really it's so cool, honestly to know the behind the scenes, because, you know, Joe Flacco, it was a normal Tuesday for him. He was probably getting a little rest, relaxing and kind of getting ready for the week in Cleveland. Finds out he's getting traded. And so the Bengals they have two drivers, one for Joe and his wife and the other one for all of Joe's belongings and all the essentials. And so you have two cars coming down seventy one, and as Zach Taylor calls Joe, they go over the playbooks some and start to dissect things a little bit and get things put in place so they can and so they could hit the ground running today. And I think that's the important thing is you've got to maximize your practice time. You know, they have so many practices and so for them to be able to do that and use that time, I do think.
Speaker 4: That that could be valuable.
Speaker 14: Will it end up being successful, We'll see, but I do think that every minute counts.
Speaker 3: James, what can the offense look like?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Would Joe Flackle? What can he help them do? One?
Speaker 14: If that made this very clear, I was almost surprised at how clear it was. He can pass the football, which it sounds ridiculous. Oh the quarterback pass the football, DoD James, Well, they.
Speaker 4: Hadn't able to pass it.
Speaker 14: When you have Jamar Chasen t Higgins, it really.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't matter who's on the other side.
Speaker 14: You should be able to throw the ball around the field of it make some big plays. And quite frankly, I know people are going to bring up the offensive line, but the past couple of games, even in Denver, when Jake Browning didn't turn the ball over, he left so many plays on the field and the offensive line gave them a shot.
Speaker 4: I thought, I'm not.
Speaker 14: Saying they're perfect, I'm not saying they're flawless.
Speaker 4: They're not plenty that they need to clean up, but you need.
Speaker 14: To take advantage of the plays that are there, and so what can this offense look like? Well, I do think they're going to be able to push the ball downfield.
Speaker 4: In a way that they have it in the past.
Speaker 14: Obviously you have to give Flacko some time to do that. At the same time, his arm talent is extremely unique. This isn't even Joe Burrow arm strength.
Speaker 4: This is on another level.
Speaker 14: There aren't many guys that can spin it like Joe Flacco. So from that element, I think you could see that the downfield game work in their favor with the Jamar Chasen t Higgins and He's was really good. Flacco was at targeting the tight ends, targeting the running back. So I think you're gonna see plenty of Chase brown Mike Kisiki, and Noah Fan as well.
Speaker 3: James, what happened to Jake Browning?
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, you know, I.
Speaker 14: Thought about this last night. I was like, you know, in training camp, the Bengals thought they had arguably the best quarterback room in the NFL, because you have a guy in Joe Burrow who you think is the best on the planet if you're the Bengals, and then Jake Browning arguably the best backup in the league in their minds, I'm sure, and when you consider the contract of what he's making versus some of the other backups, I'm sure they considered him the best backup in the league and so for him to unravel.
Speaker 4: The way he did, especially because he.
Speaker 14: Played pretty well when he came in spot duty for Joe when Joe got hurt, Yeah, and leads them back against Jacksonville like spoiler alert, Joe Flacco is going to throw picks, but he's also going to produce big plays, and the Bengals could have lived with the interceptions if it was also coming with explosive plays. In the explosive plays went away, and I really I don't know where when. I don't know why he wasn't seeing it better or maybe maybe it's this lance. Maybe he just caught lightning in a bottle a couple of years ago and that's what that was, and that in who he is and who he is, which is an undrafted quarterback that was on practice squad for the majority of his career and he's limited physically. I don't know, but I do feel feel for him because I think the Bengals viewed him as one of the top backups in the league, and now he's back up Joe Flacco five days after Flacco gets traded for.
Speaker 2: This situation feels worse than the reality from the standpoint of they're still in the AFC North Race. There's still right now, they're the eighth seed in the pecking order of the AFC.
Speaker 3: It's not like they're out of this thing.
Speaker 14: And I think that was the importance of doing what they did by acquiring a quarterback, showing hey, we know, we know we have to be better, we're going to try to be better. We'll take this step and whether or not it works, we'll see. But things were starting. It hadn't fully gotten there yet. But one more a week and this might have.
Speaker 4: Erupted like it was starting to, you know, the finger.
Speaker 14: Pointing could have quickly become a sing in the locker room, could have started to break a bit. And so you and I'm not saying that's all Jake's fault, because it's not. But when you lose and you're getting your butt kicked, and you're being outscored one thirteen to thirty seven.
Speaker 4: And all four of those touchdowns, by the way.
Speaker 14: We're garbage time touchdowns, it's tough sledding. So yeah, it's they are in it and in They view it that way, and they should view it that way because the team that the head of them in the division, the Pittsburgh Steelers, they play them twice starting next week.
Speaker 13: They play them twice.
Speaker 4: In a month. You know, So even if you lose a.
Speaker 14: Lambo, if you handle business twice against the Steelers in a month span with Joe Flacco, you're probably going to be in the ASC North Necks.
Speaker 2: You mentioned running backs and tight ends in the impact Joe Flacco could have. I look at a guy in terms of his targets, in terms of his catch right that is I think do for a bounce is T Higgins.
Speaker 4: No, I agree with you, and I think.
Speaker 14: That is the one that I point to. Why would you make a move, Why would you do it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 14: T Higgins right now?
Speaker 13: And I don't believe.
Speaker 12: He's this to be clear, He's just a guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And.
Speaker 14: There's no planet, there's no quarterback. There's no scenario where T Higgins in this offense without Joe Burrow can be just a guy because they're built around he, Jamar Chase Brown, their skill talent, and they need a quarterback. That is going to get as much out of them as they can, especially without Joe, and so yeah, I agree with you. I think t Higgins unlocking him as such a huge part of what they need to do, and it's it's got to start. Honestly, it's got to start. Win lose with drawn, it doesn't matter sun day. A lambo like t Higgins should be a problem and we should be talking about t Higgins making big plays even if they don't win the game.
Speaker 2: Last question for you always appreciate your time. Let me flip to the other side of the ball. Do you see encouraging signs about this defense?
Speaker 14: The defense is so tough to judge because of how weird these games have been.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they've.
Speaker 14: Been putting in really tough spots. I think I see some encouraging signs for sure. Is it real or not? I have no idea. And that's another element to this. And you just youve got to be able to play a normal game where you're not looking up in wondering what the heck just happened. I mean, the Minnesota game is such an outlier. And then I just thought Jake was fled out bad against Denver and that that game was for the taking. I'll be honest with you, Lamb. So we spent all off season talking about how you know, if they're just mid middle of the pack.
Speaker 4: On defense, they're gonna be fine.
Speaker 13: I think that true.
Speaker 14: I think they would have been middle of the pack on defense. I think it would have came together. I would bet a significant amount of coin that if Joe Burrow.
Speaker 4: Hadn't gotten hurt, their form one right now, and.
Speaker 14: Maybe that losses in Minnesota, maybe it's in Denver.
Speaker 12: I don't think so.
Speaker 13: I think they would have won in Denver.
Speaker 14: Maybe it's last week against the Lions, but I think they'd be four and one.
Speaker 4: And so to not be in that spot.
Speaker 14: You'd think, oh, well, it's the defense and it's not. The offense has been the worst in the NFL, and in that has to change if there's any chance of turning the season around.
Speaker 4: This week at Lambeau.
Speaker 2: James for Paine Bengals Talk dot Com, Locked on Bengals Podcast, Enter the Jungle Podcast, as well. Still ahead, Wayne Larrabee, the legendary play by play voice of the Green Bay Packers, on the Opposition on Sunday from Lambeau Field. As we continue we're at long. Next see in Richwood. It's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution power by Tope Sheldon Round Table Show. It's presented by Postman Law and brought to you in part Bye ever dry water Proofing. It's not dry till it's ever dry. On seven hundred WLW eight twenty one, seven hundred WLW Cincinnia Tax Resolution bowered by Tope Sheldon Round Table Show.
Speaker 3: Long.
Speaker 2: Next the spot the Richwood location this month. It's all presented by Postman Law. Lance McAlister with Rocky Boyman out tonight on assignment back next Wednesday night. In advance of the Thursday night er against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Let's take a look at the first look at Sunday's opponent, Green Bay Packers, brought to you by Game Day Men's Health.
Speaker 3: Get back in the game today.
Speaker 2: Wayne Lairvie is the longtime voice of the Green Bay Packers legendary play by play voice. Was the voice of the Kansas City Chiefs for I believe fourteen years. Was the voice of the Chicago Bears when I was in Chicago back in the end of the late nineties, called their Super Bowl win of eighty five. If I remember the timeline correctly. Then left and while in Chicago was the longtime television voice of the Chicago Bulls on WGNTV, and I believe that Onto Sports Channel perhaps or may have just been the WGN side. But left the Bears broadcast team to join the Green Bay Packers broadcast team, which created a little bit of a little bit of upheople if you know the relationship between Bears fans and Packers fans. But he's been the voice of the Packers since nineteen ninety nine, just outstanding. He was a guest last night on the Wednesday night Bengals game Plan show on ESPN fifteen thirty with Dan Horde and Dave Lapham, outstanding each and every week from six to eight o'clock, and they asked him about a couple of parts of this Packer team line by Micah Parsons, acquired you remember in the blockbuster just before the start of the season from the Dallas Cowboys, And they asked Wayne, a voice of the Packers, about the impact that persons has had on this team.
Speaker 15: It's given that defense as certain swagger that maybe it didn't have before. It was a good defense last year. There's no question a top ten defense, but they feel Micah Parsons can maybe push them over the top. He gives them, you know, he makes the four man rush effective in terms of pass rush and that's something that they struggled with here. Ago and Jeff Hafley, the defensive coordinated at a tremendous job of generating pass rush pressure and getting sacked, but he had to do it with blitzing and that type of thing. They're more prone today to be a fore man pass rush and that's what they were hoping to be when all this whole thing was put together. And so Micah Parsons, he makes the people around him better.
Speaker 4: You know, up until.
Speaker 15: Last week, Rashan Gary was leading the league in sacks, and you know that's that's the difference. Having Parsons on one side and Gary on the other side. It makes Rashaan Gary much more effective because he's not facing as many double teams.
Speaker 2: To that point, and the opportunities created by the attention that Micah Persons draws. Persons has two and a half sacks, Okay, not great, not not bad, certainly, but six other Packers have sacks as well, So they have a total of seven different players who've recorded at least half a sack, and a large part of that is the attention drawn to Micah persons creating opportunities for others. It's why it was so important last Sunday for and on a day where Trey Hendrickson had a couple of sacks, they also got pressure and got sacks from Joseph Osi and Miles Murphy. It can't just be a one man team with Trey Hendrickson. Also on the Packers front from Wayne Laravie. Back in Week three, they lost in Cleveland thirteen to ten, and Dan and Lapp asked Wayne last night how that happened? How did the Cleveland Browns beat the Green Bay Packers. Here's what he said about the matchup.
Speaker 15: They had control of that game. They really did. I mean they were struggling offensively. Cleveland's defensive line dominated the Packers offensive line. The Packers have had some injuries in their offensive line. Zach Tom probably their best offensive line, been played one play in that game and went out with an injury that he came into the game with the left guard, you know Banks, whom they acquired from San Francisco, kind of a road grader in the running game. Aaron Banks missed seven games last year and he's missed two now this year. So having components of the offensive line down and having to shuffle that line against the Cleveland front that you guys saw opening I believe it was Opening Day. It's pretty good, pretty good unit, and.
Speaker 12: You want to be at your best when you're going up.
Speaker 4: Against that group.
Speaker 15: So they struggled offensively, defensively, they're in command of that ball game. And then the special team's issue occurred and they had a field goal block and boom, all of a sudden, Cleveland was back in the game and snuck away with a win.
Speaker 2: Joe Flacco obviously quarterback that game for the brown for a winning Browns team that day, he wasn't anywhere close to being great. Twenty one to thirty six, one hundred and forty two yards passing, completed, fifty eight percent of his passes, no touchdowns, one interception thrown, and two times sacked. Damn Lapaskuma last night on Bengals game Planing on ESPN fifteen thirty about the impression that Flacco made in that matchup.
Speaker 15: He can still fling it and he can still get a downfield. Two things happened in Cleveland. Number one, they were just starting to find their running back and that kid that they had drafted in the second round.
Speaker 4: Is going to be a really good runner.
Speaker 15: But they really don't have a solid round game. They couldn't protect the quarterback. They just can't protect Blacko, and that's the problem that he had. So so much of what he was doing leading into that game was checkdown stuff in really short stuff and then he hit a couple of pass against the Packers, but nothing out of the ordinary. He struggled. I mean, he did not have a great game against the Packers at all. And going to Cincinnati now and if they get him up to speed and ready to play this week, he's got better people around him to throw the football to. I mean, those two guys are number one receivers, both of them, and you know, Flaco didn't have anything close to that caliber in Cleveland. So if the Bengals can protect this guy, he can still get the ball down field accurately.
Speaker 2: That key point again, if the Bengals can protect Joe Flacco. Protection this week means stopping the menace that is michaeh Persons Ias Dave Lappa Monday done at Bengals line what makes persons so good.
Speaker 3: Here's Dave on Micah.
Speaker 5: He is a guy that can be here, there, everywhere, so beware. I mean, he is an unbelievably gifted athlete. He's got unbelievable explosion, incredible body strength.
Speaker 3: And he's not a huge guy.
Speaker 5: You know, he's maybe six' one, potentially you, know, maybe but he's, stout he's put, together he's been in the weight. Room he's got immensely strong. Legs in my, mind separates him from the rest is his. FLEXIBILITY i, mean he's like a rubber. Man he can bend man when he when he comes off the off the football and he's got that quick twitch you. Know the other thing he's got is that quick twitch deal where everything's explosive and in sudden and and he comes off that line of scrimmage and and all of a sudden he's got that hand on your shoulder and he's ripping up underneath uh with a with an arm lift and shrinking the shrinking the. Corner this guy, man when he comes around that, corner the bend that he, has it's almost like he's got his head six inches from the ground and he's still. Running you, know how the hell he does it is beyond. Me but he's a unique football, player to say the. Least he's making a lot of, money and you know a lot of people around the league think ridiculous, money too much, Money Jerry jones. FELT i, mean If Jerry jones thinks it's too much, money it's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Money.
Speaker 5: Right so you know he is moved on and HE'S i, mean they signed him to be a one man wrecking crew and The bengal's gonna have to pay a lot of attention to. HIM i, mean you're gonna have to double team. Them you, know every time it's a third down and pass rush, situation you got to put two on them guardian, center maybe a backshipping and get him out of the backfield.
Speaker 4: Late.
Speaker 5: Uh he's earned, that. Right he's a hell of a. Player lap earlier.
Speaker 2: This week On Bengals Line Monday, night talking About Micah, parsons headliner of A packers defense that has yet to be scored upon in the first quarter this. Year they've outscored the opposition twenty four to nothing in the first quarter and uh one o four to eighty four for the. Season they've been hit or miss at times they're two to one and, one and they were A Super bowl contender going in and have had their moments that have caused you to scratch your head a lot of times surrounding their special teams and they just have not been able to run the ball very well as well at three point eight yards per. Carry all, right still, ahead we'll Travel Rockies, road get you an update on Where rocky is. Tonight do the College football weekend preview up, next Though Chief Tom gamble checks. In we'll talk about the headliner for Their Skyline Chili crossdown showdown tomorrow. Night maybe touch on another game or two in the high school front that is up.
Speaker 3: Next it's The.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati Tax Resolution power By Tope Sheldon Roundtable show where At Long necks In. Richwood it is presented By Postman. Law it's brought to you in perk by Ever Dry. Waterproofing it's not dry until it's Ever. Dry on seven hundred Wlw Opal. Banking you're always in control of the. Ball score big today at share facts dot, org Share Fax Credit, union where you share the.
Speaker 3: Benefits carrier turn to the experts located dealer at carrier dot.
Speaker 2: Com eight thirty six seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 3: Wlw we're hanging at it longnext In.
Speaker 2: Richwood if It's thursday, night it is The Roundtable, Show Cincinnati Tax, Resolution power By Tope Showdon Roundtable show presented By Postman.
Speaker 3: Law i'm Alliance. Pacalister we've been.
Speaker 2: Busy bengals college, football a little bit of high school football in the last hour With Greg. SHOEMAKER i want some more high school football because you can never talk enough high school. Football and there are some big games certainly tomorrow night headlined by The Skyline Chilli Crossdown showdown presented By mercy Hialth orthopedics And Sports. Medicine and the man behind that would be THE ceo Of In Game. Sports AS i mentioned him in the last, Segment producer or Engineer Dave abbot said, Simply, chief we welcome In Tom.
Speaker 3: Gamble. Chief how are? You i'm?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 12: Chief how about? YOURSELF i am.
Speaker 2: Well you, KNOW i make note of the fact it's eight thirty. Seven USUALLY i have you on much earlier when you come on the. Show did you? Stay are you staying up late just to be on with me at this?
Speaker 12: Hour, well truth be. Told Normally I'm Bryce Sawing, logsman but No i'm captivated by The National League Division. Series you, know this is a pictures duel and it's a. Yeah So i'm watching old postseason baseball night four ball on a little college football. Too but, No I'm i'm always available to speak with.
Speaker 2: You, right all, Right, well that's very much. Appreciating you've got a good. One tomorrow night The Skylin Chillacrossdown showdown Game Indian hill At. Madeira first things, first tell me about This Indian hill Quarterback devil And daniel who must just be an absolute two sports.
Speaker 12: Stud, well it's kind of crazy. Really his, Dad, carey who played In indiana and uc in. Baseball as The braves baseball, coach they made it to the state semi finals last, year And daniel was, PROBABLY i, guess conceivably a better baseball. Player he's ranked the number one prospect In ohio in the class of twenty twenty. Seven he's only a, junior so he's got two more seasons of high school baseball. Left but how about this in? Football last year for The, braves he was a running back and he ran for over twenty two hundred yards and thirty four. Touchdowns But John, rodenberg the, coach, said you, know we don't really have a. Quarterback so he said he went to his assistant coaches In december and, said we're gonna move this guy to. Quarterback AND i think they looked at him, like are you? Nuts but he, really you, know and he runs it throws and he's obviously a better RUNNER i would presume the.
Speaker 4: Thrower but he's.
Speaker 12: Got a thirteen hundred total yards eleven, TVs passing only two. Interceptions he's run for eighteen, ds averaging about eight yards of. Carry so he's turned into a versal GUY'S i can tell YOU i had a chance to speak with him this. Week he's a really likable. Guy you can tell he's a great. Leader and This indian hill, TEAM i know he like numbers, land So i'm gonna toss a few at. Him they've outscored the opposition two eighty two to thirty, five and they're really. GOOD i, mean they're number one In division, Four region sixteen in The harmond. Ratings and you Know John, rodenberg don't forget you, know he took over this program in twenty twenty. One they went three and. Seven then the last few years a gone nine to, four nine and. Three they're seven and, zero currently four to zero in THE. Nhl, now let's not forget this guy's the only high school football, coach the only one to win state championshops In kentucky to one thousand and six A Coveny Catholic ohio twenty twelve and twenty Thirteen, bowler and then in twenty twenty this season before he came To Indian, hill he Took Ron Collie High, school which is In Greater, indianapolis to The indiana FIVE a state. TITLE i, mean he's the only one to do, that and he's quickly At Indian. Hill he's a good football, coach, period end of. Story but this team is really. Good They i've scored the opposition one thirty six to zero the last three. Weeks but you'll love This madeira which is four and, three three and one tie With wyoming in second place in THE. Chl they're down to their fifth quarterback fifth. Incredible they've lost four quarterbacks to, injury and they Moved Andrew, roy who's a wide receiver a senior to. QUARTERBACKS i, mean what do you DO qb? FIVE i, mean you know the mont for a next man, Up BUT i MEAN i feel bad For Chris stewart because he's a good football coach and it's a good. Team but what do you do when you're down AT qb five and you're playing a team that's allowed thirty five points in seven.
Speaker 3: Games, yeah AND i know you talk With Chris stewart this.
Speaker 2: WEEK i mean they've been, through they've certainly been tested from a strength to schedule.
Speaker 3: Standpoint this, year they've had a tough.
Speaker 12: Schedule they've been a brutal. Schedule but you, know he's got a great attitude and he, says you, know what can you? Do you, know you just tell, him, hey you, know we'll give it the best we've. Got we know it's going to be a, challenge but it's a great AND i love games like. This it's a small school neighborhood. Rivalry you, know the schools, are you, know very close to each. Other last week we had the FIRST hl game And redding had a twenty one to hing lead On. Taylor taylor came back to win thirty five twenty. Eight it's very. Funny you just never know which games are going to turn out to be the. Best we obviously picked the first eight weeks in advance well before the season kicked, off so you never. Know but, Boy i'm telling, you when you get the week, eight we've had great weather Every friday. Night but when you get the week, eight there are so many good games tomorrow, night it's it's hard to follow them.
Speaker 3: All perfect.
Speaker 2: Segue let me toss a couple of the matchups tomorrow, night your away and just give me maybe a thought or two on a couple of. Them let's Go Hyland's elder and and that gauntlet of a schedule continues for The Elder.
Speaker 12: Panthers, well it's been, BRUTAL i, mean back to Back Saint Axe moeler last week they won their first OUTRIGHT Gcl south title since two thousand and.
Speaker 4: Eight they're unbeaten or, up their.
Speaker 12: Best start since they won the second of two back to back state championships in two thousand and.
Speaker 4: Three.
Speaker 12: Highlands you know they've only lost once twenty one to twenty at perennial state Power Bourbon, county so you know they're really. Good, Sorry Boyle, COUNTY i, mean so they're really. Good BUT i tell you This elder led By Kane, stepp their junior, quarterback and a really gritty Defense Doug. Rams he's a very good, coach And elder's really. Good last week did the biggest crowd ever For Mohler elder at the tent ever surpassed The Coleraine elder game way back in the early two, thousands the first nationally televised high school game ON. Espn so, yeah this is another. One But elder is going to be really well tested come postseason.
Speaker 2: Time how about the The king Of north Ben. Road that's let's hook it up At SAINT X yellow.
Speaker 12: Thousand only lost one, game that's sixteen to. Eight excuse, me two games sixteen to. Eight The elder are close one and then got it handed to him By moler And SAINT x the same. THING i, mean they've lost To elder And moler. Two but, Yeah king Of North Bend, road this is always a big one school separated by only a few. MILES i got to bring this one up The Lance Cleveland Sainte nacius Against. Molwar they play At Mount Saint joe tomorrow. Night this will blow you away when you, say when you Think Cleveland City, nations you, go, man that perennial state. POWER i mean they're Sitting they won eleven state championships the last two, years so twenty twenty four and this year they're eight, combined two and, sixteen two and. Sixteen they went one and ten last, year they're one and six this. Year all those kids in Northeast, ohio When Chuck, kyle the legendary coach who won all those state, titles, retired they've all been going To lake With Saint. Edwards so it's very. INTERESTING i look at, THAT i had to do a double. Take i'm, like two and. Sixteen that's pretty.
Speaker 3: Brutal all, right let me.
Speaker 2: TOSS i got time to toss a couple more of your. Ways let me drop down here to first place on the line tomorrow. Night how About harrison At.
Speaker 12: Talawanda, yeah this is an interesting. One you gotta go back to. Ninth i'm gonna give you more. HIT i know you love numbers in. History nineteen ninety, One talawanda was undefeated the regular, season knocked Off frinston in the postseason huge upset twenty four to twenty. Two they finished eleven. One they lost the next.
Speaker 4: Week To Center.
Speaker 12: Though tallawanda's, undefeated and they've got this running, back a Senior Lance, cantrell who did not play at. All last year he has run four and this is pretty. Incredible he's about to go over two thousand. Yards he's got seventeen hundred and. Eleven he started the year off with four hundred and twenty three yards in the opener Against, taylor and he's run for three hundred once over two hundred and. Twice he's BEEN i think it's low as a buck twenty. Three he's rushed for twenty three. Touchdowns but this will be a. Test harrison's really. Good they're five and. Two they've lost the two games by a combined three, points One East central two TO.
Speaker 4: Chca it's At.
Speaker 12: Palawanda Andy stuckert's done an amazing.
Speaker 4: Job with this.
Speaker 12: Program this is only his third. Year he's got him. Undefeated the winner of This it's only a four team, league so they have to play a lot of outside league, games obviously non, conference but they're both want to know in the. League this should be a good one up Near oxford tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Night all, Right i'm In Northern, kentucky so let me wrap it up with Two Northern kentucky. Matchups tell me about the battle for the Paddle.
Speaker 12: Well bellevue four and two and you gotta love the river, towns Right bellevue And, dayton the neighbors, there and it's At date and they got a brand new. Complex, yeah the battle for the paddle, hence you, know schools on the river all, that and THEN i gotta tell you copcat is four and. Three they have to be the best four and three team in the, Region, David you talk about a rough schedule they've. Had they only lost by eight At elder in THE pid twenty to. Twenty they lost the close game To ryle and then they lost last week thirty one to twenty eight The. Highlands they only welcome in out because they got to. Play you, know when you, win not a lot of people want to, play so they're welcoming In Indianapolis, cathedral they're five and. Two they've won four. Straight their two losses are The, brownsburg a big school just outside Of, indy And Cincinnati Saint. Xavier so there are some really Good when you get the week, eights you got a lot of you, know teams vying for conference, championships trying to stay in, races and there's a lot on the Line tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Night and the remaining two weeks as.
Speaker 3: Well, heck Holy, Cross lloyd should be good tomorrow, night.
Speaker 12: Shouldn't, well now they're both they.
Speaker 2: Don't are, There they're, Both they're, both they're both going To lloyd, Defeated.
Speaker 12: Yes lloyd's seven and oh playing tonight Against Henry. County there's a lot of schools this week on fall break and like The Boone Campbell Kenton, county schools in Northern kentucky are on fall. Break some'm In ohio, too which means a lot of times they move them To. Thursday but, yeah Holy cross the six and oh you know so that they're a good program this year And lloyd seven and oh so, YEAH i mean they're they're undef AND i got to get In New Fort newcast The battle for The Fireman's.
Speaker 4: Bell we have a lot of battles at.
Speaker 3: Ik.
Speaker 12: Tek you what the biggest battle is trying to get anywhere on the roads.
Speaker 3: Anymore but you're telling me track.
Speaker 12: Game if you're going to high school game tomorrow, night leave now.
Speaker 3: That's it probably a really good.
Speaker 2: Idea it is The Skyline Chili Crossdown showdown presented By Mercy, Health orthopedics And Sports, Medicine Indian hill At madeira seven. O'clock tell everybody if they want more information about your vast and expanding social media platform for The Skyline Chili Crossdown.
Speaker 3: Showdown, oh we're all over.
Speaker 12: It lance At Xtown showdown on x Formerly twitter And, Instagram SO i will have updates all night. Long we have daily features during the, week and we've got a big swap preview next, week so Of taliwana And harrison they play tomorrow, night but we'll be talking about those two teams next week getting ready for our Game week. Nine, no always enjoy talking football with, you especially high school, variety and it should be a great. Weather it looks like tomorrow night as. Well we're getting a little crisp air for the weeks eight through, ten.
Speaker 3: Hopefully the only problem is is you can.
Speaker 2: Relate we each went through a stretch of like five weeks without having to. Mow NOW i feel Like i'm mowing every like twelve hours.
Speaker 12: Now it was a real problem for me. Today i'm not gonna. LIE i went out there this, morning was still a little, boist AND i, said why DID i wait so?
Speaker 4: Long AND i just created a nightmare for.
Speaker 12: Myself SO i only did the, front So i've got the back to do. Tomorrow you know what that means when you split it, up trying to make it a little less painful if you, Will but you, Know i'll take. THIS i love this weather and it's great football weather for any. Level and this is a time of year when it's a lot of. Fun Thanks, jae you got a. Chief have a great.
Speaker 6: Night.
Speaker 2: Alright he Is Tom, GAMBLE ceo In Game, Sports, Skyline Chilli Cross Down showdown presented By Mercy, Health Worth peace And Sports Medicine Tomorrow night Featuring Indian hill At, madeira AND i like the additional information on the other. Games all, right let's take our final time. Out, wow final time Out, Already we'll head down the stretch to The Kelsey Chevallet College Football weekend, preview toss in a note On Rockies road and hand you off the news and Then Dan, carroll that's all. Ahead Since Anti Tax resolution powered By Toe Sheldon Round Table. Show it's presented By Postman law and it's At Long necks In richwood on seven HUNDRED. Wlw all, right let's wrap things. Up final segment tonight From long next to In. Richwood reminder back at you next To Wednesday, Night One night earlier that dude Of bengals And steelers On Thursday Night. Football thanks To Joe wael for producing. Tonight thanks To Dave abbott for engineering. Tonight thanks to you for taking a listen, tonight and everybody who checked, in From Mike petralliy To Kegan nickoson To Greg, Shoemaker danklaskins And Chief Tom. Gamble let's wrap it up with our weekly check on The College Football weekend, Preview The Kelsey chevalle At College Football Weekend. Review Kelsey chevallet celebrating ten years of taking care of customers like. Family today they continue that promise with a new, look cool new, logo by the, way built on, trust transparency and peace of mind in every, interaction from sales to, service from driveways to, highways from our family to. Yours visit kelseysheff dot com experienced the difference with my. GUYS u see WELCOMES ucef To nippert noonkick here on seven HUNDRED. Wlw On, Saturday bearcats won four. Straight they are number two in the country in yards per play offensively eight point zero five yards per. Play they're number two in the country in yards per rush at six point five eight yards per carry and have allowed just one sack the entire. Season bearcats offense twenty one for twenty one in the red zone this, year seventeen, touchdowns four field. Goals they are one of nine teams in the country perfect in the red. Zone number One Ohio, state winners of nine consecutive, games takes On number Seventeen illinois at noon And champagne two haven't met since twenty. Seventeen their twenty twenty scheduled meeting was canceled due TO. Covid illinois one of three teams That Ryan day has not faced as head coach That Ohio state defense has allowed two touchdowns this, year no first half. Touchdowns kentucky's off this. Weekend they'll host The texas Long horns Next. Saturday miami hits the road for a second straight week to face The Akron Zips saturday at. Noon miami scored twenty five unanswered to rally for a twenty five to fourteen win Over Northern illinois last week to BEGIN mac. Play Notre dame looks to make it four straight wins as The Irish Hose North Carolina state Wolf. Pack d has allowed over two hundred yards rushing in games twice this. Season The irish are at twenty two and a half point. Favorite the total on that, game at least WHEN i checked this, afternoon was sixty two and a. Half Big ten showdown In. EUGENE i set this up last week thinking it was.
Speaker 3: Last it.
Speaker 2: WASN'T i was so excited for, it AND i was, like oh, MAN i wrote that down a week in. Advance it is number Seven indiana traveling to number Two. Oregon first time traveling To oregon for The hoosiers since two thousand and. Four The ducks have won eighteen straight at. Home it's the longest active home winning streak in college. Football College Game day will be. There both teams are coming off. Bys burdue hits the road for the first time in conference. Play the Boiler makers traveled north to Face minnesota under the light seven thirty On saturday. Night boilers have scored at least twenty seven points in four of their five games this, year after reaching that mark just twice all of last. Season louisville's at off this. Weekend they had To Coral gables To phase number Two. Miami Next friday, Night Mount Saint joe Host hanover and a conference showdown at one thirty On. Saturday The lions Beat anderson last, week helped By Brady pierce's ninety eight yard interception return for, touchdown the longest in school, history And Thomas moore hits the road Face The Ashland University eagles.
Speaker 3: Kickoff at one.
Speaker 2: Thirty that is Your Kelsey Chevallet college football weekend. Preview thanks To Kelsey chevrolet for being part of the. Show now time to, Travel Rockies. Road brought to you By Queen City. Metro metro is. Hiring apply At godashmetro dot, com slash, careers Rock out tonight and on. Assignment currently on the air ON espn. Two he's Got Southern miss At Georgia southern tonight in A Sunbelt conference. Tilt they have completed one. Quarter that game is tied at seven. Total in that game was fifty nine and a Half Southern miss at three point. FAVORITE a couple of coaching notes in that matchup For rockies. Game The Southern Georgia southern Coach Clay helton LED usc to A Rose bowl title in twenty. Sixteen he's now in his fourth season as The eagles. Coach And Charles huff is in his first season At Southern. Miss the odd. Story last year he went ten and three they won The. Sunbelt it was the final year of his contract At. Marshall he went ten and three last year At marshall and the two sides could not reach an agreement on an extension after he went ten and three and won the, conference so he left And marshall had over two dozen players enter the, portal so many that they couldn't even play in the. Bowl they had to withdraw from their bowl. Game then In, December huff was named the head coach at Fellow Sun Belt conference Member Southern, miss where he's coaching his first season this. Year Georgia southern has a starting defensive tackle Named Caleb, moore who played in ten games For Southern miss last year and then transferred To Georgia southern this year And. Miss as a, Quarterback rocks talked about Him Braylon. Braxton he's thrown at least two touchdowns in every game this. Season The Golden eagles are averaging thirty one a, game and six different receivers have at least ten catches this. Season all, right let me give you an update In rocks. Games just scored to go up fourteen to. Seven they are in extra innings In game four of The National league playoff series between The phillies And, dodgers even at. One dodgers leave the series two games to. One this game even bottom ten or No top. Ten In Los Angeles thursday night, football AS i scan one of the seventy two TVs here at long next second, Quarter giants leading The eagles thirteen to, ten AND i can give you one more BECAUSE i can crane my neck around to see Two lane Leading East carolina nine to.
Speaker 3: Nothing how about.
Speaker 2: That i've updated you on Everything i'm able to see at this moment that is going. ON i gotta get out of. Here thanks for hanging, Out Dan, carroll has you nine to. Midnight let's see tomorrow. Night i've got three full hours of sports talk on A friday. Night oh it's not nice to have The reds. DONE i wish they were still, playing but it is nice to have A friday night to do a full three hours of sports. Talk and we'll do the off the beaten path. Topic last week was the anniversary Of Nusie Joe nuxall signing off for the final time in two thousand and, three was at two thousand and. Four it's the anniversary and we do a yearly off the Beaten path topic remembering and sharing stories and celebrating the old left. Hander we'll do that tomorrow night in the eight o'clock. Hour this has been The Cincinnati Tax resolution powered BY tope showed and roundtable show from Long necks In, richwood presented By Postman law right here on seven HUNDRED wlw