Speaker 1: Hey, real quick, we got some rules for the throwback throw down today that we're going to unveil. Really, and the rules are all courtesy of this young man that's over here in the corner gives the authority rules for a game. So Max came in last week and he shadowed me. He goes to Oakland University and he is a baseball player, and he is a future broadcaster.
Speaker 2: He wants to be in broadcasting.
Speaker 1: And I get a message from Max that after he was here last Friday and heard the controversy over.
Speaker 2: keV not saying.
Speaker 1: Fall yeah exactly fall star five yard or how is it a fifteen yard?
Speaker 2: What is it going?
Speaker 3: Are we playing these rules in writing? So they really stand?
Speaker 1: Let me explain, Let me explain, all of you guys, get your family game. I mean, let's just talk first. So Max went back and he listened to the throwback throwdowns for the last year and a half and wanted to hear a commonality to it. And then he threw it in claude, I don't know what's your chat? What no AI at all, guaranteed guaranteed human nice nice job, Max, you can work it, I heard. So he put together some rules and I tweaked them because some of the rules I don't think Max.
Speaker 2: Max might have not have listened.
Speaker 1: To some of the throwback throwdowns from the original days.
Speaker 2: Why we came up with this contest.
Speaker 1: So long story short, This morning the show and in the next hour we're gonna unveil the rules. Wait, you gotta wait, you gotta wait for him. There's a lot of rules, by the way, come.
Speaker 2: Man, give us one, give us one anything different.
Speaker 1: My favorite rule of them all is Mojo and Bianca have final decision and grievances will not be tolerated.
Speaker 2: That. I feel like that's it. What's changed because you like to pout.
Speaker 4: And make a big deal when you lose.
Speaker 2: I literally say nothing. That's the point.
Speaker 5: Go back your review go back your reviews. How are you going to change me not saying anything? What's you want me to say to have a good Literally make a game.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: This game back in the day turned into was a fun thing that we celebrate on Fridays. Now it has come to a point where it's gotten to a point where it's a downer, and I don't want this to be a downer anymore.
Speaker 3: I disagree with you. Actually, when Fletch played this game years ago and he lost. You didn't hear from Fletch the entire weekend, Well, you didn't hear from the entire weekend a lot of times. Well sometimes, but he was pissed.
Speaker 6: My favorite one was I read the rules. I don't know if you guys read them, but it said something like if you're allowed, that doesn't make you right or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's you got to be first, not loud.
Speaker 6: And then there was a specific like asterisk note in there about how we should we should be calmer when we say our names.
Speaker 2: Well, I felt like that was a no no. Their attack on sometimes I get excited.
Speaker 1: Well you you are not thinking about when I'm thinking about overly excited. There is not that, and a lot of it is the thing I think that Bianca has an issue with is Bianca tries to sit there and pay attention and she's doing cameras, and I think that she can't get focused purely on just hearing names. And sometimes the screamer voice is the it's not the first voice. That's why people will say to us, Hey. When I listened back on it, Mike said his name first. Well, Mike's in Grand Rapids, and he's not in this studio, and sometimes you can't hear that name over everything else.
Speaker 4: So I saw one other question we didn't see in the rules, right and seeing the rules was if someone gets it wrong, who do you go to next? Do you resay the names again?
Speaker 1: That is the one thing I'm going to talk about of what we're gonna do, so you'll hear. You'll hear the rules coming up here in just a little bit. There's a throwback throw down coming up at eight o'clock. And I'm already mad and we're three way time. He thinks that these rules are against him and they're not. They're actually How do I think that? Tell me how I think that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what else do I Obviously the rules last week did not help you. These I think will help you more. No, I think because I think we'll have it on paper.
Speaker 5: I think this is you know how you like to say, like championships counted better back in the day before all the rules changed.
Speaker 1: No, keV has been flopping the entire year, and we're going to put a flopping rule into this.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here we go.
Speaker 1: We've got to throwback throw down rules before we get into the five at six fifty five. Uh, these rules will pertain to the contest that we play Friday mornings at eight o'clock. If you've never heard them before, you got to listen live because they do not get podcasts or they're not allowed on our stream for the podcast. The reason is there's copywritten audio from the artist music. So if you can't hear it live on the stream or live on the show, on the radio or any of the you know, actually we I don't even think we air it on Facebook or YouTube or Instagram. You can only go to TikTok for it if you are listening and wanting to watch live. So there's obviously, you know, things that we got to deal with, and a lot of times people get all bummed out at us there because they want to listen to the podcast and hear it, so got to listen live.
Speaker 2: Here are the rules.
Speaker 1: Okay, so rules for throwback throw Down and actually, you know what I'll do. I'm going to do this just to make it more technically put together. Why I'm going to do Here are the rules. That's so much better, isn't it. First rule is your name is your buzzer. We all know that right, you know the answer. Your name is your Listen to the rules, you'll hear all the details. Bianca will have three seconds three seconds after the name is said to deliberate on whose name was said first. So she's got three seconds to do it. If Bianca is unable to come to a conclusion, she is allowed to turn to me for input and I will be the final say. So, this is the keV rule on the names. Yes, Kevin, this is your rule. Your name must be in full example Kevin, Shannon, Anna, Mike not Ka or keV Shah or shan.
Speaker 2: An or or.
Speaker 5: Your name can a point though, Yes, I think sure, that's the rule. I'm not disputing that the rule.
Speaker 2: Is the rule. Do your thing.
Speaker 5: I do believe though, that if you do start to say your name, that means you should have to answer, because there's no way you can attempt and then have the ability to step out and say no, no, no, I didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: Here's actually the next rule. If you say your name, If your name is heard by the judge and the judge calls upon you and you say you did not say your name, you still have to answer because the judge is the ultimate jury and judge of this whole thing. So if you say, Kevin, I didn't mean to answer, or you know you you go first. You got to answer. Here's where the rules are going to get more interesting. I'm going to tell you this. The wrong answer buzzers. The next person can call in their name, but it has to be after the buzzer is complete. Okay, So it cannot be you just because you heard the person say the wrong answer and you know the wrong answer and the buzzer hasn't hit. It's after the buzzer is complete. If you scream your name out before the buzzer or before the buzzer is complete, it does not count. The person who who followed that rule has to go next, all right. So that's that's the big rule on who's next. I know you guys were wondering about that. So you gotta because I was looking at a text message. Yes, So you play a song, and by the way, that that thing that Tony writes about you're looking at text message.
Speaker 2: You play a song, say is Kanye stronger? And I say Kanye is stronger?
Speaker 5: And then Shannon knows that someone else is on the song, and she says Shannon, but you haven't hit the buzzer yet, way till after.
Speaker 2: Soon as I hear the buzzer. Though I can say my.
Speaker 1: Name, you can say your name, the volume of your name is not a priority. So again this is something for Bianca more so than anybody else. The person's volume is not the priority. It is the person who buzzes first. Okay, so you got to buzz first. I'm going to take out this line because Max put this in the whole calmly line. I want you to be calm. I don't want you to be calm. I want you to be passionate as ever. But I don't want you to think that you can just overtake the microphone screaming into it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: There's some people that do a good job of that. Fair then.
Speaker 5: Dune, we all get excited, and then it comes to legit involuntary.
Speaker 1: Here's where the rules of this thing are going to change a little bit for me personally, because I hate this part. Everyone is able to guess on a song at least once, and must guess on a song, so everyone has to be able to guess on a song. Here is where it's going to get interesting. Players are going to only have within one minute or after the first verse and hook of the song to do their guests. So no waiting around to hear me play two minutes of a song. Matter of fact, if the song reaches the one minute point and you have not guessed, there is the possibility of losing a point because your guest hasn't come in.
Speaker 6: No, we've never done lost.
Speaker 2: I'm putting this was what this rule is going to do, Shannon.
Speaker 1: Is this rule is this rule is a shot clock we're putting, or the pitch clock in baseball. We cannot have it be that we're sitting there with a minute and forty five seconds of whatever song. Uh, he's t pain and Baby Bash cyclone, which we played earlier this morning. Players. By the way, I want you to know this, that final decision is Bianca and Mojo's grievances will not be tolerated. All right, So there you go. You like these Bianca, you good with them because I know you got to do this. And by the way, here's the other thing I'm gonna add in there. I'm gonna add one more person this because I didn't put this in there. Lyddy is also one of the unless she's playing contest. Lydia is also one that I may go to New York, you know, for.
Speaker 2: For a review. Uh.
Speaker 1: There are times where I know she's listening in the other room, and she's listening very intently. She's very focused. This is the show is her baby, so Lydia, you are also part of this whole thing. Okay, okay, what's Beyonca's thoughts on this?
Speaker 4: I think this is great and hopefully I don't get anyone met at me anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got you have no like you know, you don't like you'd be a bad referee because you would call a follow on somebody. You'd look at their face and see their disappointment and you go, I didn't mean it. I'm not gonna do this thing. You you don't want to disappoint people.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you know what, bro, You're good. Well take it back, let's restart.
Speaker 2: No, we gotta be mean. We got to actually don't got to be mean.
Speaker 1: We got to be like, what's that the angry referee in basketball, the guy that the guy that none of the Pistons players liked when he was scheduled in their games. Tony Brothers, you got to be Tony Brothers. You got to have the game face going in the eyebrows in the eyebrows.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with you. Y'all be your rules. I'm gonna do me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just play it away and we will see how HI shake out. I'm not changing how I play because of these rules. Yeah, and can I go all the fall?
Speaker 1: Can I be honest with you, Kevin, I want you to stay as passionate as can be, because here's the deal. I'm not the ultimate goal is to win. That's the only goal in your because here's the thing. You're winning for the listener. So that listener puts their well they do. They put this five hundred dollars changes in life for the weekend. So here's the deal. We got to make sure that we do it right. All right, Hold on a second here, Jason wants to comment. What's going on? Jason.
Speaker 4: I just want to say, I love how you're laying down the law.
Speaker 1: Yes, you like this? Do you like this side of things? We've had kind of un written rules, Jason. It's just that now we have to write the rules, you know, because some people and I'm not saying some people on the show. I'm saying, listeners very upset, like they get as passionate as you know, we get when we're talking about this stuff because they're listening at home.
Speaker 5: Very true, very true, because like the discrepancies and if you're playing.
Speaker 2: You're like, man, what the heck's going on? So I love it. I love it. You're laying down the law. Thank you, letting them know, Hey, this is how it's gonna go. I love you just like that. Jason.
Speaker 1: If you were to have a choice of anybody on the show for the throwback throw down.
Speaker 2: Who would you choose? Kevin? There we go? Maybe Sandra? What's going on? It's Mojoe in the morning. Hi, Hey, I just.
Speaker 3: Think it's too many rules. It's supposed to be fun.
Speaker 6: Like if people shout out like they know the song.
Speaker 3: I agree with Shannon that, hey, that's just excitement.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't housekill light.
Speaker 1: If you went on Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune and just blurted out the you know, the the puzzle or blurted out the answer, they would say you didn't buzz In or you weren't Supports.
Speaker 3: Saying when we say our names to buzz In, sometimes we are all excited because we know the answer.
Speaker 2: What are you are?
Speaker 3: You already threw away that rule, the calm rule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You might have missed that, but he threw that out.
Speaker 1: No, I want them to be yes, I know, but I just don't want somebody like, you know, pushing somebody out of the way, basically to do it.
Speaker 5: In terrible analogy, by the way, because they have legitimate buzzers, so they don't need to yell out their names.
Speaker 2: So that doesn't we have legitimate buzzers too.
Speaker 6: Let's