Speaker 1: Close it in a seven o'clock on this Thursday night. It's the roundtable show log Next in Richwood, presented by Postman Law here each and every Thursday, by the way, and we have not we have not mentioned this. Remind me Rock, this will be an off air match. Remind me to mention our poster giveaway in house when we get to the break, because Sean Bolker has a Bengals print he's giving away each week here on the show. All Right, I think we've got I think we've tracked him down. I think we have trags. Do we have trags?
Speaker 2: Trags?
Speaker 1: Are you there?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: I heard a click?
Speaker 1: I think it is he covers the Bengals from c l NS since he with a y dot com host of the Jungle World podcast on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Would this be Mike Petralia, It.
Speaker 4: Would be indeed, gentlemen, a little bit late, but happy to join you.
Speaker 1: It is great to hear from you. It's been a busy day. We appreciate you making time. Jamar Chase spoke today about speaking up.
Speaker 3: What did he say?
Speaker 4: He wants guys to play with anger and emotion and he thinks that's a good sign. Of course, he doesn't want his team mates losing control on the field and drawing fifteen yard penalties. But in terms of on the sideline, I think he wants more vocal leadership. He wants people yelling at each other when things are sloppy, like eleven penalties. When you have eleven penalties and that's two more than first down that you have for a game, that's problem.
Speaker 2: And Monday Night was another.
Speaker 4: Example of the Bengals being sloppy and undisciplined as a team.
Speaker 3: Across the board in all three areas.
Speaker 4: And that's where Zach Taylor knows he has to step up and accept responsibility that this team is not prepared mentally for a lot of these games. And that's what I think a lot of fans can see when they watch this Bengals team.
Speaker 2: Yes, they don't have Joe Burrow.
Speaker 4: We all understand that, we all understand that they're not the same team.
Speaker 2: But with that in mind, all.
Speaker 4: The more reason this team should bear down on the fundamentals and execute as.
Speaker 2: Close to flawlessly as possible.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't look like there's an emphasis or a priority physically or mentally on doing so.
Speaker 5: Tracked, you're around this team a lot, you know the personality you know the players.
Speaker 3: Is there a player too that you can think of that maybe you.
Speaker 5: Know has the position and the authority to be a little more vocal, but isn't yet like a Ted Carris.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to think of something.
Speaker 4: That's exactly where I was going to go. That's exactly where I was going to go. Ted Carris and Orlando Brown Junior. They are captains, they are team captains, but I think they probably have to be a little more vocal on the sideline. Go up and read the Riot Act to these linemen, including themselves, and they have to say that what we're doing is not acceptable, even when they're not committing the penalties.
Speaker 2: When you're getting.
Speaker 4: Blown off the ball constantly, when you can't run the ball two and a half yards three yards of carry, when you're hoole held to two and a half yards of pop, that's unacceptable, especially when you don't have Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: So you know the Bengals is going to have to do some soul searching. It's cliche, but it's true.
Speaker 4: And then in terms of getting the defense lined up properly, that's again inexcusable.
Speaker 2: I mean that's Pop Warner stuff.
Speaker 4: And if you don't know who's supposed to be on the field or where you're supposed to be when you get on the field, that's a damning sign that you're not well prepared for the game.
Speaker 3: And trags.
Speaker 1: If anybody thought there was doubt, Zach clearly erased it this week.
Speaker 3: He is firmly in the corner of Jake Browning.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think part of that is they don't really have another option at this point. I know names like Russell Wilson and Jameis Winsday get thrown out there. I think this team needs to show that they're worthy of the front.
Speaker 2: Office going out and making a move.
Speaker 4: Now that being said, if the front office went out and made a proactive mood move, because the division is winnable with Baltimore banged up, the Browns to the Browns, nobody takes them seriously, and the Steelers have a reputation of playing for ten or eleven weeks great and then folding down the stretch under Mike Tomlin, they get worn down. The division is there to be taken if you just play at a good to average level, and the Bengals are nowhere close to that maybe a guy like Jamis Winston comes in and could make a difference in two to three games, but more likely than not, until you clean yourself, you clean your act up on both sides of.
Speaker 2: The ball, it probably wouldn't make a difference.
Speaker 1: Treggs, you wrote an absolutely phenomenal story earlier this week, headline read It's time for the Bengals to question every facet of their football operation because it's broken. There was one line I want to highlight and ask you about in the story that Rock and I just talked about. This line you wrote their history is to act like the future is more important than the present. And you compare a contrast to that to the Eagles at Howie Roseman and it's night and day, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 4: I mean the priority in those cities is to win Super Bowls. The priority in Cincinnati is sign your star players, put fans in the seats, and hope to win with your best players playing at a tip top level. Well, the problem with that is if you get one or two of your star players go down with injury and you haven't signed depth, you haven't scouted properly, you haven't done the work you needed to do in free agency, which clearly they did not at the Interior guard position offensively. Then that's going to leave you short and you're going to get exposed. And that's what's happened with these Bengals, and it's happened throughout history. I mean, I don't want to, you know, rail on the last four decades, but everybody listening to this knows what the record is. The record is the record. Your history is your history, and that's.
Speaker 2: All I was pointing out.
Speaker 1: Tim Taylor Britt, What do you make of his current status?
Speaker 4: Actually, I should say very shaky. I would say he is on the brink of being benched for longer periods than just one or two snaps. I think there's a possibility if he doesn't pick up his quality of play, and now Golden referenced that this week and meeting with us on Wednesday. If he doesn't pick it up, I think the Bengals are going to just have to sit him and go with some younger players, whether it's Marco Wilson, he got some time on Monday night.
Speaker 2: Didn't really look great.
Speaker 4: Sick Newton, Josh Big Newton is going to get more playing time and certainly DJ, Turner and Hill, assuming they don't get hurt, are going to play more, and Cam Taylor is going to watch on the sidelines.
Speaker 1: Trag's last question, I want to spend at the Reds because you're a multitasker, you cover the Reds as well. I'd be interested in after a night to sleep on it. Just give me a takeaway, either the playoff series or the season for the twenty twenty five Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 4: Fifteen in Game five, bases loaded, nobody out, don't score. Ellie Daily Cruz strikes out, singing, you don't put the bat on the ball. It's happened countless times. That was the end of the series in MAAS estimation.
Speaker 2: That has to be addressed in the offseason. I know they're almost.
Speaker 4: Certainly not going to trade Ellie Daily Cruz. I understand that, but they have to beef up the bats in the lineup. They have to find a way to do that by hook or by crook.
Speaker 1: Trags, if those listening want to read, watch, follow and know all that you have going on, how would they go about doing that?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: On the X, Trags t r A g F online cl on stinc with y dot com and the Jungle War Podcast YouTube page not only for Richard Skinner and my postgame analysis after every game, but also locker room reaction and interviews. It's YouTube dot com slash Jungle War.
Speaker 3: Pod and a program preview and closing. This is very big. I'm very excited. Next week Rock is on assignment.
Speaker 1: I am told by high level sources on condition of anonymity, but I'm breaking that that you are going to join me in person next week six to seven o'clock at this very establishment. Can you confirm I can confirm? Well, you paused there for a second. I was getting very nervous.
Speaker 2: Which would be.
Speaker 4: Had the result on parent, had the results in LA been different?
Speaker 2: Maybe a different answer, but yes, I can.
Speaker 3: Improm totally understand. All Right, thank you sir, good catching up.
Speaker 2: Alright, alright, guys, take care