Speaker 1: You're listening to k p I AM six forty, the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Here's what happened is uh? You know between the break, I was making my morning sandwich and the mustard jar dropped and glasses all over the place. So I have to pick up the glass because the dogs walk in that area.
Speaker 2: So stupid clumsy and later yeat clumsy. Yeah, yeah, clumsy.
Speaker 1: I mean I just that dropped and glass and mustard all over the place. And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle good point.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow is Halloween. Oh oh yeah, my pint, it's ready in front of me. Thirty two years on this show. Wow, and I still have route.
Speaker 1: The mic has to be in front of my face instead of on the other side.
Speaker 2: Of the desk. Okay yourself too, while you're at it. Yeah, I should do job.
Speaker 1: Okay, tomorrow night, All hallows eve. My new neighborhood is my first Halloween in my new neighborhood, and the the neighbors are pretty tight, and so there's going to be a block party that and giving out candy, which I never do. And and you can't give out those you can't give out bull candy anymore. You have to buy those little candy bars. And still it's very difficult to put razor blades in those little candy bars. It takes a bigger candy bar to do the job. In the meantime, I'll tell you all about that November one. How it went.
Speaker 2: You got to get the fun sized razor blades. Yeah, yeah, go figure because you know what you candy. You haven't lived in a neighborhood since uh, you were in l a. Yeah and see though, so you were you had six houses around you. Oh yeah, no one, yeah, no one.
Speaker 1: No one did trick or treat gets. Now, yeah, there were three kids in the neighborhood, three little ones. And the rest of the time the neighborhood went up to the gate and the guard of the gate, we give out candy.
Speaker 2: Good leave us alone.
Speaker 1: But uh in our neighborhood now, lots of kids in the meantime.
Speaker 2: Quick Hello, o Neil, Good morning to you. Good morning Willie Wolf and.
Speaker 1: Kno, there you are there, I am yep, and good morning, good morning Bill, will Good morning, good morning Bill. Oh there you go. Okay, still can't see you. You know, I like seeing it. Because you are so attractive if you yeah, it's yeah, my seeing I my seeing eye dog also thinks you're attractive. Now Amy is not here. She is up in Oregon doing whatever the hell she's doing. And uh, Heather Brooker is here. And Heather, as much as I like you here and I do, you're very good. You're a real pro. I wanted Amy to be here today so I could discuss the fact that the Toronto Blue Jays were playing Los Angeles high school football, I mean baseball. Uh, I actually watched the game you did. This is a this is a World Series team, the LA Dodgers. Now they're playing they were playing little league level that it was just horrific, not.
Speaker 3: A good run for them, and the last couple of games they sucked at this rate.
Speaker 2: Man, it is over.
Speaker 1: God, I can't believe I'm doing sports talk sports show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that you have the.
Speaker 1: Last time I haven't been well, I'm not this excited, but I'm now I'm going to date myself. The last time I was truly insanely excited about baseball and guess how old I was. Because it was the LA Dodgers. Sandy Kofax was pitching for them, you had who was out there was Duke Snyder playing, I think so. And you had Maury Wills. I mean I still remember the name. And I remember in science class we were doing science and a runner that worked for the administration every few minutes would run into the room and hand the teacher or note as to what happened in the previous few minutes. So anyway, Sandy Kofax was there. Incidentally, did you see those the video of him? He's eighty nine years old and looks great for a I mean, he looks old, but he's eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: If I look that old at eighty nine, it looked like he was very depressed. Close I look eighty nine.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Here's the question though, right, say the Blue Jays win, do they go to the White House?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: I think they get invited? I don't know, surely get invited.
Speaker 1: Now, the point is, if I were part of the Trump administration, I would send my envoy secretly, like they cut deals, sending envoys to China and various other countries and sort of cut little deals. This is what we're going to talk about. And I think that's the case. Either, I think the secret envoy goes to the Blue Jays and say, hey, if the President invites you, are you guys going to come to the White House because he's been embarrassed too many times. Yeah, with teams just going no, thank you, not interesting.
Speaker 2: Do they go to Buckingham Palace? They could?
Speaker 1: They could, and then the queen would the king. At this point we have a dead queen. The King would go what's the baseball? And it would work out just fine.
Speaker 2: They're gonna make him say sorry before they go sorry. A.
Speaker 4: Did you know there's a new Strange Bruise movie that's going.
Speaker 3: To be made?
Speaker 2: No, yes, you can't.
Speaker 3: The original cast is back for that movie. It's Oh I cannot wait?
Speaker 1: Okay Neil face. And one other thing I want to point out before we start the news is uh Neil's show a week from Saturday is going to be at the Wild Fork.
Speaker 2: Store.
Speaker 1: It's not a restaurant, the Wild Fork Store in Laguna and Miguel and it's gonna be fun. It's a Neil's show. I will be with him all afternoon from two to five. There will be tons of samples being given out, and at these events, these are not Costco SI samples.
Speaker 2: They give out samples. I mean you eat and their food's terrific.
Speaker 1: Yeah, food is absolutely wonderful. Zelman's is going to be there and they are going to give out if they're going to give out samples, and there's gonna be a lot of grilling. There'll be restaurants, there will be a lot of different Wild Fork foods.
Speaker 2: Get does a lot of giveaways as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there'll be tons of good, serious giveaways.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun. So that's gonna be our second annual Thanks grilling event. They will be grilling outside, uh there Laguna and Gal will be outside and it will be uh Bill and Neil show for it.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's a week from Saturday, the Wild Fork Store in Laguna, ne Guel. And it's going to be much better and bigger than last year. Even kf I gives out swag. For example, last year we gave out we gave out three dollars gift certificates and everybody was really impressed.
Speaker 2: It's uh they they were to nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three bucks.
Speaker 2: We gave out Ann's phone number last time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, that is priceless.
Speaker 1: Yes, I still call it, thank you, thank you, And oh Pastathon is coming up. And wait till this thing is done and we start talking about pasta postathon for I think it's December second, if I'm not mistaken for Pastathon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Handle's actually going to give away his pasta thon. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. And you wait till you see some of the auction items there. I mean, they're going to be insane. Okay, let's do it. Enough of this chitter chatter. It is time for Handle on the news with Heather sitting in for Amy, Neil sitting in for Neil and me late story. Well, uh, Trump meets with the g Ster, the the Shemeister, the president of China, and it was a summit. It was in South Korea, and it looks like a deal was cut. Troofts against China were lowered, their terrorists against US were lowered, and soybeans are now will be purchased by China from American farmers. Rare earths will be coming to the United States, where China had really controlled those still do.
Speaker 2: They have ninety percent of the world market.
Speaker 1: And of course, as always, the various countries that Trump goes to put on a biggest show, they flatter him like you can't believe. So he was in Malaysia, Japan, South Korea. South Korea was a big one. The South Korean government showered him with gifts, a golf putter, a bag, a replica of that historical golden crown because they actually thought he'd be wearing it in the White House. And he got South Korea's highest civilian honor.
Speaker 2: And I will not make that joke. Okay, moving on, moving on. It is called okay, alright.
Speaker 3: I wanted to let you make it, though I wanted to give you time to make it.
Speaker 4: I felt like if you needed to say it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Federal interest Federal interest rates have been cut by a quarter percentage point for the second consecutive the second time this year. They're hoping to steady the economy after the weakening labor market and government shutdown has been causing some trouble over the last several months. It went from three it's in the range now, part of me of three seven, five to four percent.
Speaker 4: That is the lowest level in about three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I watched the market, and I watch what's going on economically pretty closely here in the United States, and we are hitting we are hitting high after high record highs every day. It just keeps on going up, up up. Consumer confidence is low or going down quickly. Unemployment is going through the roof as these companies are laying off by the tens of thousands, and they're all lining up to layoff. I don't get it other than these corporations, because of the layoffs it set, are making tons of money. And me's that's the new model. That's the new normal. You won't work, but the company you used to work for is making tons and tons.
Speaker 2: Of money, saving themselves rich. Oh, yes, they are all right. One more before we take a break. All right. We talked about this a little bit. The Dodgers make costly mistakes last night and they've fallen behind, losing six to one to the Toronto Blue Jays yesterday. A lot of this goes on the shoulders of their lead Blake Snell on the mound for Game five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, there was a lot of confusion there because some of the pitchers who were throwing balls in the stands to kids didn't realize that they were in the middle of a game and that was a real pitch. The Dodgers just missed it last night. It was miserable, all right.
Speaker 3: President Trump has ordered the Pentagon to start testing nuclear weapons. And he's doing this because he wants to sort of counter other countries testing programs or be at least on par with what they're doing. I don't know why we need to do this. This hasn't been done since nineteen ninety two, with.
Speaker 1: It goes way back further than that. I'm going to tell you when I first heard of a test ban treaty when I was in grade school, going all the way back to nineteen sixty and JFK. And I've got a whole segment on that coming up at seven o'clock. And by the way, I'm going to back up Trump on this one. I am I think he's acting appropriately. And I don't say that too often, but I think he is acting appropriately. And I'll explain why. All right.
Speaker 2: Well, as we've been following and our fears with Hurricane Melissa bringing destruction, it has done just that, leaving at least a dozens and dozens dead, caused widespread havoc, obviously destruction across Haiti, Cuba, Jamaica. And you've got places that aren't you know, some of these places in Haiti and the like and not built really well. So They're now roofless homes, utility poles, you know, anything you can think of. Damage wise hit the landscape and tore up this area. On Wednesday. You even have residents evacuating still from their homes in Cuba as Hurricane Melissa continues to do what it does, and that is destruction throughout the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's as bad as anticipated. In a couple of stats about this hurricane, it is the worst hurricane to ever hit Jamaica or in that area. Category five wins up to one hundred and eighty five miles per hour. I've never heard of that. And the reason I and you have never heard of that is that it is the third worst storm in recorded history as long as they have been looking at hurricanes. This is number three, and I think I may have very very well tied for number two.
Speaker 2: Wait have you been to Jamaica? I have what's it? What's it like? I mean, I really don't have any idea. Is there poor areas?
Speaker 1: And yeah, oh yeah, poor rich I mean there's there's a lot of cannabis, man ame on in wonders, a lot of That's.
Speaker 2: A pretty good Jamaican action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not bad, not bad, not bad, and then and then the music is wonderful. It's terrific, and the food is wonderful. It's a neat place, it is, except there's a lot of poor people. So I like going to places where the population is really poor because it makes me feel richer. That's why I hang out with poor people, because I just feel better about myself. I just seem to feel better.
Speaker 3: And we love hanging out with you. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: This is wild story.
Speaker 3: Twenty one monkeys were involved in a truck crash. Truck that was transporting them from Tulane University in New Orleans crashed. Twenty one monkeys I guess escaped. Five of them are dead, three are still missing, and then they recaptured the rest of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a whole story here. I'm going to talk about that at seven twenty after the Donald Trump segment. And there is more than just twenty one monkeys have escaped.
Speaker 2: I mean, there is a.
Speaker 1: Story of orre they infected, being used for testing research? Are they being used? Are they putting with sex workers? Are are they involved with.
Speaker 2: All of this? Wait? Wait, wait what I heard about the other part?
Speaker 1: But yeah, well they're very here's the problem they're very small, and the it's just difficult, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I think you're just in a direction I don't think is no, because I mean people do that, but they have to.
Speaker 1: They have to wrap duct tape around them because they tend to explode. Okay, that's that's okay, that's a visual. That's a visual that we will.
Speaker 3: Don't make me do the news after. We gotta have some kind of buffer story.
Speaker 2: And now Heatherucker sliding into the news.
Speaker 4: Oh my lord.
Speaker 2: All right, Robert F. Kennedy, Junior head of the Health and Human Services Department, says, NA don't know what I'm talking about. Bye, well, not word for word, but he he says that tylan be used with caution during pregnancy, but you know, like science and solid data linking it to autism is what he said, was lacking, as in not there at all and no backup. It's just causality or bad logic. So yeah, he just comes up with stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, he created one of the largest anti vaccine organizations that are out there. That was his baby, and it's you know, I wonder obviously for political purposes when Trump tags these people for major, major cabinet.
Speaker 2: Positions, well, this one, this one, as crazy as it is, did make sense because he was running as well and had a no understand that. No, let me tell you where I'm going with that. I agree with you.
Speaker 1: It's a given that Trump rewards his loyalists, and it doesn't matter what position, he just reward loyalists. My question is does he actually buy into that stuff or is it simply political expediency? And boy, if you like me, I like you, you go ahead and murder a kindergarten class. As long as you support me, you're getting the pardon. I love you?
Speaker 2: Uh? Is it limited to that? Are you asking us to get in the mind of Trump? At?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I think it's you know what, I think it's fairly I think it's fairly easy to get in the mind of Trump.
Speaker 2: It's not that it's not that complicated.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's pretty clear. He usually says what he means.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you know you like me, you give me and you give me accolades.
Speaker 3: Uh, And I like you, you don't, I'm coming after you, yeah, big time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know that's funny because you hear the promo for co Belt when he was on Yeah, it's kind of the same thing. John, I've heard a lot of beat I couldn't have I couldn't have had a better This is the best. Yeah, this is like you're the best. This is the best phone call I've ever had.
Speaker 1: Well, John, I think is the only trump Ist on the station. If I'm not mistaken, I mean I'm certainly not. You know that, And not only the other hosts are either, or if they are, they keep it very quiet to themselves.
Speaker 2: Ding dong, ding dong.
Speaker 3: All right, moving on, moving on, shall we? So we just keep going back and forth with Canada here. So the Senate voted yesterday to end the national emergency. The President Trump declared to impose tariffs on imports from Canada, and of course he did that in response to an ad. Do you remember this ad from I think it's been a week or two now.
Speaker 1: From the Province of Ontario, Yes, not the Government of Canada. And it's an it's a it's a it's as you know. The ad simply has Ronald Reagan talking about how horrible terror rasar. This is going back to the eighties when he was president, and it was edited, but the basic premise didn't Change's Ronald Reagan was against tariff and here here's my point. You run an ad against me, I punish the entire.
Speaker 3: Country, the entire country, that's right. So he added the ten percent tariffs, and so they've been going back and forth on these tariffs, and the Senate voted, well, it's a bipartisan vote against those tariffs.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it doesn't matter because the House is going to back up Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's whatever Trump wants Trump gets.
Speaker 2: That's a song. The black market for maple syrup right now is through the roof.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, I know are you making that up? Or is that true? No, I'm making it up, Okay, because I tell you it's completely plausible.
Speaker 2: No, we get a lot of We get a lot of lumber from there. I think it's one of the main things we get from Canada. And comedians.
Speaker 1: I'm going to a lot of comedians.
Speaker 3: I'm going to the East Coast in a couple of weeks, you guys. So I'll bring back some maple syrup for everybody, but only if it's cheap.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's just a thing anymore as cheap.
Speaker 1: I buy maple syrp a costco Compared to a couple of three years ago, it was crazy. Oh, and I just bought some meat. I just bought some meat at Costco. It is five dollars more a pound than it was two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Five dollars more.
Speaker 1: Yep, So what's it like eleven.
Speaker 2: Und No, No, I ended up.
Speaker 1: This is for really special occasions, like when I want to eat meat, I buy the the prime, the prime beef which I barbecue. I use prime beef meat. It is Oh yeah, it's expensive stuff.
Speaker 2: We want to go back. When you eat prime beef.
Speaker 1: Is it's a meat that you get at steakhouses when you have a sixty dollars steak or a sixty five dollars steak.
Speaker 2: That's the quality.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't I just look I just look at I just look at them. Okay, I just look at the menus outside those restaurants. I think I go in with spend that much money for a steak, You're out of your mind.
Speaker 3: All right, rich people, some of us can barely afford a Wendy's hamburger.
Speaker 2: That's how I'll tell you. You get the Delmonico and you have five people share it with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, But how much does that baby cost?
Speaker 2: That is descos probably eighty five plus?
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, yeah, all right, well thanks for calling me poor everybody.
Speaker 2: Now I'm hungry, all right, another reason to tax us. But thankfully it fell through Anaheim City Council. They opted not to advance this particular proposed tourism tax ballot measure. So this would have imposed a three percent tax on admission tickets and ten percent tax on larger parking areas in the city. And by larger they say any parking structure. Other areas that are fifteen hundred spaces or more would have been subject to that ten percent city tax. But the fear here was with the city council, and the reason why they were concarned is because it's creating just an over reliance on visitor revenue. You've got Anaheim, you know it already accounts for more than sixty percent of Anaheim's funding for police, by our libraries, parked, all these things based on tourism. Yeah, but that's the city.
Speaker 1: After city that has major tourism issues and have a tourists come New York. The city tax is ridiculous in New York, and that funds so much of a New York's budget. And one of the problems in this bill was another name for the bill is we're excluding the Honda Center from taxation bill. And people got a little upset about that, that that was the exemption and oh, it's only because of the size of the parking structure or how many politics and park team. I think it's eighteen to nineteen thousand people. But there's still a major venue. That's still a major venue. Why would you draft your bill that excludes this is the Honda Center. Maybe there are some hockey fans in the city council that do not want to honta a charge parking right sane anywhere.
Speaker 4: This is what's happening out in Let's see Riverside County.
Speaker 3: Eighteen rabbid bats have been reported out there, fifteen confirmed cases from the public health lab. We're in twenty twenty four, so that's an increase this year. What's going on out there with all the rabbid bats in Riverside County?
Speaker 2: Who the hells it's.
Speaker 1: Riverside County, Kno, why bats? And why are they have.
Speaker 2: Rabies Riverside County? Then say Riverside They said the county is very wide, vast.
Speaker 1: All right, fair enough and does have rabbit bats.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what city. This is in guys. Bats fly around everywhere.
Speaker 4: It's all the whole county.
Speaker 1: If you can bit by a squirrel or in this case of bat or a mouse a rat, you obviously have to go in and prophylactically get Raby's treatment. Because one symptoms hit you, it's over. You're gonna die. And it is not a fun death either. It is a pretty painful death and it's easy to deal with. I mean, beforehand, you just go in there and you you get the rabies treatment. I think it's three I used to be uh, and I'll get an email from some doctor hopefully three shots in your stomach area and that's uh.
Speaker 2: I used to tell you as a kid. It was like a ten inch needle that they put in. Yeah. Man, but you really needed it.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, if you think if you're near a bat and fly around and you think it can get near you, you go for it.
Speaker 3: This says that you should just wash it with soap and water, not the bad no, no no, if you've been bit but that's crazy, Like I got bit by a bat, I'm just gonna wash it with a little sigh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't say to follow up with your doctor.
Speaker 4: It says that next, but it says wash it with soap and water first.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, anytime you get bit, that's what I do. Yeah, I tell my wife no, no, right, nobody, All right, So kel Ice raids. You got ten people arrested for allegedly interfering in the immigration enforcement. You know, stand down, you're not gonna win anything. Do it at the ballot box. Party people the civil disorder against law enforcement officers or what they're charged with, including some violence as well.
Speaker 1: Throwing rocks and agents.
Speaker 2: Of course, you can just say it's like, it's not helping and it's not going to make the situation any better. Nobody wants to see what, you know, people being torn, families torn apart or anything.
Speaker 1: Not only is it not going to make it better. Look at the visuals. The argument is that Southern California is out of control.
Speaker 2: I look at this and it just helps. It's a open rebellion.
Speaker 1: And here you have a video of someone throwing a rock at a cop. And then those that are pro immigration control, anti immigration folks can say, this is what's happening all over southern Calior. You're hurting, you're hurting your own cause. As Neil just said, all.
Speaker 3: Right, this is kind of a crazy story. United Airlines turned a flight around because somebody's computer, their laptop fell fell behind a cabin wall panel, like a small gap in the cargo hold, and they couldn't get it out, and so the pilot says, they were worried about what might be in it, and you know, if we can't access it, we can't see it. So they turned the plane around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it makes sense. It wasn't that he thought it was a bomb. It was it was it fell at a certain place that there wasn't any fire suppression units anywhere near there. And you go, and it's a lithium battery that's in these things, and he said, and we know that those things ignite. So the pilot turns around. I've been on all of us have been on airplanes. Where in the cabin can you put a computer that it slips into the cargo hold?
Speaker 2: That's what I was just thinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I've heard there's some some times between your seat and the window there might be some little space there.
Speaker 4: On the floor.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it either, but I have heard other reports of that happening there. I have no idea how this would even happen. That's wild.
Speaker 1: But the pilot and he said, it's not an emergency. This is what happens. So he lands and they check it out and there it is. And I assume that people will go back onto the airplane and you know, they're all delayed. And the rest of the story, of course, is they beat the passenger senseless because of so many defense, so many delays. I certainly would Okay, okay, we're done, guys. That's it. Finished with the news. KFI AM sixty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.