Speaker 1: The Round of Pips itselfA of the Dave Ryanshell, I'm Katy WV.
Speaker 2: Can I just tell you how Fallon pissed me off yesterday? Oh that's gracious. Did you see her post yesterday?
Speaker 3: Oh she posted and said her and called Hay gone to the Radio Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: So I opened up Instagram yesterday because I'm like you, I'm obsessively checking to you know what and cat videos of a cat playing bagpipes on your front porch.
Speaker 2: I love that stuff. It's so funny.
Speaker 4: So I see Fallon and Colt and it says, hey, we finally got a call from the Radio Hall of Fame, right, And it was a video, but it wasn't playing, so I thought it was just a still picture. And I thought them bitches got a call from the Radio Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they said, after a combined thirty eight years in radio.
Speaker 4: And I'm like them, bitches, I've been doing this since I was four years old. I haven't got a call from the Radio Hall of Fame. So I'm like them, bitches are going to get in there before me. So I looked a little bit farther and I realized it was a video of them saying, the Radio Hall of Fame has said, can you please stop tagging us in your videos? So that was why the Radio Hall And I'm like you mother, and so I called. I texted Fallon and I said, you got me. I said, I totally fell for it. I couldn't believe. I was like, I said, I'm going to come over there and I'm gonna poop on your lawn. And Fallon said, if I get into the Radio Hall of Fame before you, you're allowed to come over and poof on my lawn.
Speaker 5: It's not the AI video is tricking you, but the real people. I'm becoming your dad. It's like, oh, look at this, there's a shark roller skating. You're like, it's not real.
Speaker 4: Well, it is too. Look he's a shark. He's got on roller skates right there. He's rollerblading around. But day McCosky is a shark.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: I didn't know sharks had evolved a roller blading roller skates.
Speaker 6: It's not it's not real. It's it's all made up. It's it's fake. Use your brain, buddy, Look at this one. Yeah, here's Bailey getting married. That's real. That is No, it's real. Can I say I've been losing my marbles too? Yeah, I just got back from a long weekend in Jersey, so I think I'm still out of my usual element. I'm on my way into work this morning, get off the highway and I realized I did not brush my teeth this morning.
Speaker 3: I was like, do I no, this is morning breath. So I had my girlfriend alyssa drop off my tooth.
Speaker 2: Are you serious here's that big of a deal to you?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: I called her and I was like, you will not believe what I did. And she was like, do you want me to bring it for you? And I was like, it's not a big deal because I sit in a studio separate from Dave, Jenny and Bailey because they don't like me. But she was like, I'll bring it if you really want it, and I was like, you're offering.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Morning breath is the worst.
Speaker 4: It is the worst, but mine is immediately concealed with coffee breath. So I brush and flush ever a day.
Speaker 3: I can't stay in the day and I went into our bathroom here I was hoping nobody walked in and watched me brush my teeth because they think alyssa put me out, or something like yeah, slept here, slept in the skyroom.
Speaker 4: Let's get an update on the wish donations, which have really taken off. Thank you so much for all your generous Christmas Wish donations. Match today by Treasure Island Resorting Casino, Jenny.
Speaker 8: Yip brat nine and seventy.
Speaker 2: Are you serious donation? Oh my nation, that is so great.
Speaker 4: We thought five thousand dollars and then we raised it to seventy five hundred.
Speaker 2: We're gonna beat that. We're gonna spatsh right through seventy five hundred. I'll betch you. Here's an idea.
Speaker 4: If you've listened to War of the Roses, you've loved War of the Roses, you like text your sister when War of the Roses is on, or you talk about it with co workers because Nick the Stoner or whatever.
Speaker 2: War of the Roses.
Speaker 4: If you grew up listening to War the Roses while your mom was dropping you off at school, then please make a donation for maybe the years of modest entertainment that you've experienced. Go online KDWB dot com, slash wish and make a donation. We're gonna see we get up to seventy five hundred dollars by the end of War of the Roses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think we can have sixty nine hundred right now?
Speaker 4: Yep, we got I think we got this War of the Roses On kd WB it is match Day or Katie WB's Christmas Wish with some help from Treasure Island Resort and Casino. If you donate, they will match it until ten o'clock. Now, our goal a little while ago was five thousand dollars. We blew through that. Thank you, blew through that. Thank you. Then we said seventy five hundred, and we were getting pretty close.
Speaker 2: Jenny, what is the latest total?
Speaker 8: Dave, take a guess.
Speaker 2: Seventy two hundred dollars higher?
Speaker 8: Bailey, take a guest.
Speaker 6: Oh, seven thousand and five, one hundred and.
Speaker 8: Seven, take a guess. Somebody eight much higher, nine thousand seven what.
Speaker 3: Someone?
Speaker 6: My gosh, here we go?
Speaker 2: Did you say?
Speaker 7: I said, nine thousand, seven hundred and fifty. We had a very generous donation of twenty five hundred dollars one person, so I don't know if they'd want me to say their name, so I'm not going to I undersure, but thank you so much. So we are almost at ten thousand, and at this point we only need to one hundred and fifty dollars to get there, and I think we can.
Speaker 4: That is crazy. God bless whoever donated. Well all of you for donating twenty five hundred dollars. I'm so glad you trust us to be very careful with your money and to really give it to people who are deserving and need it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: We're going to blow through ten thousand dollars and really we said, well for the second match day, we're not going to get that much, but look at you coming through. You are amazing. You should be so proud of yourself and smile the rest of the day. So many texted they said, I just donated five hundred dollars in honor of my twin boys second birthday tomorrow. They were born at twenty eight weeks and spent two months in the nick. You and people were so generous during Christmas time. So happy to get back this Christmas. I hope it helps also. Thanks Ti Casino. I might not be able to donate much this year, but match day helps my stretch my donation. Thanks Dave Ryan Show for your hard work for these people that does not go unnoticed. So happy to do that. Also shout out. Sarah lives in San Antonio, Texas and she's a longtime listener. She says, it's my birthday. You guys are still my favorite. So thank you, Sarah, Thank you for listening. And here's one. It says I love Treasure Island match day for Christmas wish.
Speaker 2: I just donated.
Speaker 4: Y'all granted a wish I submitted back in twenty seventeen for my boss and her family, and I will never forget it. Here's another one. Just donated a small amount. Thanks for everything you guys do. Just donated for the first time and where did to go? Wanted to thank you for the thought you put into Christmas wish. My husband's been dealing with an undiagnosed brain condition for five years, frequent treatments and hospitalization, but we are fortunate enough not to have a financial need because of it. I truly appreciate the vetting you do to make sure the money is going to those who truly need it. Oh, we absolutely do. Like somebody will say, you know, I learned this a long time ago that just because there's a tragic that's happening doesn't always mean there's a financial need. Like somebody will say, oh, our friends their house burnt down, and then I call them and I'm like, that's terrible, My god, man, they lost everything.
Speaker 2: Do they have insurance? Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, let me check and then I'll call back and they'll be like, yeah, insurance covered everything. So you know, like if I got hit by a light rail, Bailey's crossing her.
Speaker 2: Fingers, you mean, when.
Speaker 4: We wouldn't have a financial need because we've got insurance. So I think it's one of the things people want to help somebody if there's a tragedy. But sometimes there truly is not a financial need. Like if I got what's a dread disease, a dread a dread disease, spina spina colitis, spina colidis, and I was not able to skip anymore.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you skip all the time to insurance.
Speaker 2: Insurance would probably cover it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you wonder if you just shut me up and turn off my microphone.
Speaker 7: No, I like when you keep going with things like this, it's always fun. We never know where it's going to go. And then you look at us like help help me, and we're like.
Speaker 4: No, dude, all right, we'll be back in a second. We're gonna do talk Back Tuesday. This is kind of a fun one. Uh what did you ask for for Christmas? What specific toy did you want for Christmas? Really bad? Mine was simple. It was a bicycle. I had an old, crap bicycle that the neighbors gave me. I wanted my own bicycle and I got it too. What did you want for Christmas? And did you get it?
Speaker 2: Bailey?
Speaker 6: I want a Harry Potter cloak like they wearing Hogwarts.
Speaker 8: Did I get one?
Speaker 2: No? No, Jenny, what did you want?
Speaker 7: I wanted moon shoes from this one catalog ass every year for like four years in a row, and I never got them because I thought they were like little trampolines on your feet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was like, yeah, MoveOn shoes. Never got them.
Speaker 3: I wanted a pogo stick and I didn't get it until just this past birthday.
Speaker 2: But I wanted it so bad when I was a kid. Why didn't they get you a simple pogo stick? I mean, who.
Speaker 3: Practically has a pogo stick unless you're trying to be a pogo stick champ.
Speaker 8: I had a pogo stick.
Speaker 2: Carson had a pogo stick? Really yeah, oh well any better parents don't care?
Speaker 4: What about you? Use the talkback feature. Have some fun with this one. Think back, what did you ask for when you were a kid and did you get it? I hope you did, But what did you ask for? Use the talkback feature? That's the red microphone on the streaming iHeartRadio app, and just push that red microphone button and leave us litt voicemail. We'll play it. Hey, it is match day. We get another earthish sixteen minutes until we are done with matches for Treasure Island. So Jenny, yeah, let's get a new total for donations for Christmas with.
Speaker 8: I don't know if I've gotten a new one or no, I did get a new one.
Speaker 2: It refresh. Where's my trying to turn it off and turn it on again? Unplug it, plug it back, plug it back in. Yeah, slap it on the side.
Speaker 7: As of a few minutes ago, we're at ten thousand, six ten dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, that is amazing, seriously, because we thought, okay, last week we got what thirteen thirteen thousand, and we said, oh, we're never going to see that again, because you know that was the first week. But this week we said all five thousand dollars. That's a lofty go and we are ten thousand dollars with another fifteen minutes left to go. So thank you. Shout out wan Nita. She said that she was finally able to make her donation. She had to end of the security code eighteen times. It kept telling me I entered it wrong, and she said that blank and blanks me the blank off. So thank you Aunita. Thanks anybody else have you donated? We love you, Thank you very much. Talk back Tuesday really quick. What did you want for Christmas when you were a kid and did you get it?
Speaker 9: My sister and I both asked for American girl dolls for years, but we never got one. Oh when we were grown and graduated from high school, our dad could finally afford them, and so he got them both for us for Christmas as adults.
Speaker 2: Oh that's very sweet.
Speaker 4: Oh, and you'd understand when you get older that maybe mom and dad couldn't afford that big present.
Speaker 1: I asked for a power wheel for every Christmas. I then used the wishbone on the turkey every Thanksgiving. I secretly asked for a power wheel. Never got one, but my youngest sister got one. For Christmas one year without even accuon so mad?
Speaker 2: Was that a quad like a four wheeler was a power wheel?
Speaker 7: I think they're like the little jeeps you can ride as a kid, where you're like, she's actually driving in it.
Speaker 2: That's right. Ye Hi, this is Rebecca from Mara.
Speaker 8: I always asked for moon shoes for Christmas, never received them. Yes, still to this day, I've never tried them. Thank you me too.
Speaker 2: Here's another one. What did you ask for for Christmas growing up? And then did you get it?
Speaker 8: Hey guys, it's Kristin. What I wanted for when I was a kid was a my size Barbie and I never ever ever got one, and I had friends i got them.
Speaker 2: I was so jealous. Oh my god, is.
Speaker 10: It another The one thing that I can think of that I really wanted was a wi I begged and begged my dad to get this one, and finally he did, and then I.
Speaker 8: Think maybe two weeks later, my brother who was like five.
Speaker 10: At the time, shoved a bunch of pennies in the disc play and my dad never went and got it fixed.
Speaker 8: So I only got to use it for like two weeks.
Speaker 4: No heartbreakingnes Oh No, got so.
Speaker 3: Many Facebook responses. David said they wanted an easy bake of it. My mom and grandma always baked a lot. Excuse me, but they served their treats responsibly. I wanted the option to make cookies and brownies whenever I.
Speaker 2: Felt like it. That's funny.
Speaker 3: Judy said that she wanted a chemistry set, never got one, which is odd because her mom.
Speaker 2: Was a chemist.
Speaker 4: Wow, maybe that's why she didn't get her one. She knew how dangerous it could be. Let's mix some borax and some lie from Facebook.
Speaker 3: Trenton said the techno drome and Nope, they didn't get it.
Speaker 2: What's that techno drum?
Speaker 6: I got a text message from Aaron in Williston, North Dakota, saying I always wanted a telescope. Picked it from the JC Penny Christmas catalog, folded the page over, and never got Oh it's a.
Speaker 3: Throwback, Stacey said, a cabbage patch doll, and they ended up getting two. Also asked for a pony and got one in the spring from my grandpa because a hobby.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's rare. I mean it's not rare, but that's yeah, that's surprising.
Speaker 3: He's a throwback, Kaylo said nineteen ninety two Baby Sparkled, and they still have it to this day.
Speaker 6: I still have all of the dolls that I had as a kid, because they just my entire room at my mom's house. It is like I never left. It's exactly the way I left it when I was whatever.
Speaker 8: Twenty.
Speaker 4: ID to see that that's a hard thing to do, because Carson's room, he hasn't lived there really for four or five years after college. He graduated in twenty nineteen. I think, no, that's high school. Yeah, you're right, Yes, he graduated you, so he hasn't lived there. His room is the same airplanes hanging from the ceiling, the same posters on the wall, the same books on the bookshelf, the same animals that he won at Valley Fairs sitting on the floor.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, once I get turned into like a museum, my mom can just be like, and.
Speaker 8: This is the whole great room exactly for me.
Speaker 7: Go visit mom around his house and learn all about jas.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 7: One thing I think adults should ask for this Smiths is bread bulls. And you could get a deal right now at Holiday station stores, because I know as an adult you probably need it around this time of the year.
Speaker 8: It's by two get one free at holiday, so.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, deal and then gifted for Christmas.
Speaker 8: Every parent out there would love that.
Speaker 4: That's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year through Clark.
Speaker 8: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Let's do the dirt on kd WB.
Speaker 4: We'll do some fun stuff first and then we'll get into some of the more serious stuff.
Speaker 2: And you probably know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Mariah Carey is going to perform for the twenty twenty six Olympics opening ceremony.
Speaker 11: Hell, get ready for Milano Courtina twenty twenty six. See you at the Statio San Siero on the sixth of February for the Olympic opening ceremony. Chividamo Amilano.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds exciting, Okayamo.
Speaker 8: That does Okay.
Speaker 7: I don't really care about covering dirt stories because I care more about TI match day right now, and I would just like to give an updated total asset right now.
Speaker 8: Are at twelve thousand, one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, wow, So I almost made the same matches last week.
Speaker 2: That's iconic. That's Moromi.
Speaker 8: There, there's still eleven minutes left, we might be able to get there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, donate, and it is matched immediately by Treasure Island.
Speaker 6: The fourth season of Bridgerton is dropping on January twenty ninth, just around the corner. It's going to focus on Benedict, which is one of the brothers of that family, and the showrunner has teased that there's going to be high stakes and juicy conflict in season four, which I believe is every single season, but regardless.
Speaker 2: I freaking love Bridgerton. Great show, It's so good.
Speaker 3: They also dropped the trailer for part two of season five of Stranger Things.
Speaker 1: This is not over, not by a long shot.
Speaker 4: This home time.
Speaker 2: Everything you have ever assumed about the upside Down has.
Speaker 3: Been moth dead, and I believe that three episodes drops on Christmas and then the over two hour series finale drops New Year's Eve.
Speaker 4: I was gonna play the Nick Reiner interview about trashing his dad's guest house, but I'm in too good of a mood to listen to that jackass, I really am. It's like I don't want to hear him. So we're gonna move on to something more fun, and that is Chris Martin was asked to send a video message to a wedding couple. But instead of just sending a video message, which would have been pretty cool, he showed up at their wedding with his acoustic gibson and he played a song present a piano. That might be a piano, It might be bold. Maybe he brought a friend along to play the piano.
Speaker 6: It's wild that he sounds the same like all the time, Like he sounds the same that he did twenty years ago.
Speaker 8: His voice hasn't like changed it all.
Speaker 2: It so lovely.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Blake Lively is gifting all of her friends Majong sets for Christmas. She teaches them how to play and then just hands off the set that she played with them with and then buys more for like four hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: Fancy Majong says.
Speaker 2: Apparently that's the new thing. That is the dirt. We're going to wrap it up.
Speaker 4: By the way, Majong is on my radar this week because it is the new pickleball and apparently it is sweeping the country. So anyway, okay, what is our final total now? And we'll have a brand new total for you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 7: Yes, we're at twelve and fifty five dollars, so I will check for the next eight minutes because that's what we have left of the time for match Jay, So keep on donating if you haven't had a chance to yet.
Speaker 8: We got eight minutes left for match day.
Speaker 4: And shout out again to Treasure Island and the Tribal Council in the Prairie Island Indian community for all their generosity, because we could not do Christmas Wish without you and our other partners Holiday Station Stores, Youth Link, Choice Bank, and all the people who've just randomly for note we didn't contact a lot of these people. They just said, Hey, here's a two hundred dollars gift card, here's a six hundred dollars gift card. Broadway Pizza send us twenty one hundred dollars pizza gift cards. Thank you, and it's just so and plugs electric up in Forest Lake. They send us a bunch of cards too, So thank you guys, We appreciate it. You are helping out so many people and more Christmas Wishes coming up tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Where can we donate?
Speaker 4: What where can we donate to donate? Oh, you can do that, Thanks for asking.
Speaker 2: Bailey.
Speaker 4: Go to KDWB dot com, slash Wish, Big Red donate button, tax deductible, and we'll have a grand total for you tomorrow morning.