Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can.
Speaker 2: They printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck now, your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers Tample Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi everybody, and welcome to another year of Dodgers Baseball. This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official pregame show the back to back World champion Los Angeles Dodgers. It's been one hundred and forty five days since the Dodgers celebrated a Game seven win over the Toronto Blue Jays in the World Series. They start the process all over again as they go for a third straight World Series championship. It's the twenty twenty six season opener as your Los Angeles Dodgers take on the Arizona Diamondbacks. Yoshinobu Yabo Moto on the mound first pitch from Uniclo Field. That Dodgers Stadium is coming up at five thirty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to over the next ninety minutes. Here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, you are gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, what are his thoughts going in to this twenty twenty six season. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vast will join us throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Freddie Freeman. Coming up in about an hour, we got your Dodgers magical moment you're not gonna want to miss.
Speaker 4: Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten.
Speaker 6: Watson from Sports at LA and in just a few minutes we'll head over to the galvin Ford broadcast booth with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday on the call to start the game. Stephen Nelson will join us throughout the broadcast as well well. After winning back to back World Series championships, if you're the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: What do you do next?
Speaker 6: How do you add to what is already the best lineup in baseball? You go out, you sign one of the top free agents on the market an outfielder Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 7: This organization from the top down is you know, first class and the team that you know, these guys put together and assembled to you know, give a great product for the fan base in the city. To go out there and compete for a championship kind of speaks for itself. So just kind of taking everything into account, wanting to be a part of.
Speaker 1: That, I think is very special.
Speaker 7: You don't really get that very often, So it's it'll be a lot of fun playing with these guys and you know, competing for another you know, hopefully a three pet here.
Speaker 6: Kyle Tucker, a Gold Glove outfielder who could hit for power. He takes over and right field for the Dodgers, meaning tay Oscar Hernandez will slide over to left field. Andy Pajas, Yep, he's back in center fe.
Speaker 2: And it hits one high and deep to left field. It is carrying well. It is con a hum run for Randy Piez. You got a breaking ball and he got all of it.
Speaker 8: Frandy pie has He's at the confidence that he has gained now in understanding his swing much much better. He's got some power, plenty of power.
Speaker 4: Andy pie is flexing his muscles.
Speaker 6: Solid spring hit three p forty one, the home run, three doubles a triple, anchoring now center field for the Dodgers for a second straight season. The Dodgers infield with a pair of future Hall of Famers and Mookie Bets and Freddie Freeman Bets coming off a Gold Gloves season, and shortstop Freddie Freeman. He's finally healthy. He's got that ankle injury behind him. He's injury free, and he's already in mid season form.
Speaker 9: And he hits this one well in the left faield and is heading back toward the law.
Speaker 2: It is up the wall, Okay.
Speaker 9: Already around third, he'll score Trony around second, he'll stop, and he'll settle with an Harbi double.
Speaker 2: And Freddie rips this one high and deep to right center. Fad Gone his first home run in the spring.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Freddy Freeman is ready to go here in twenty twenty six. That's the top tier play of the game, rought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. He drove in ten runs over in the Cactus League. Hit four nineteen over in Arizona. Max Munsey primed for a big twenty twenty six at third base, while second base is gonna be a couple of different guys getting time there. With the injury to Tommy Edmond, newcomer Santiago Espinal made the roster. He'll play at second base, as will World Series hero Maguel Rojas.
Speaker 4: Rojas hits it in the air left field. This post got some carry.
Speaker 10: It is gone.
Speaker 11: It's gone. In game seven, He's tied Miguerojas off the bench in game six on the board in Game seven.
Speaker 8: This crowd, well, we talked about it in another series. This has turned into a library here. Miguel Rojas. He took the two to two pitch the slider upstairs, and he took the next pitch out of the ballpark.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: This Dodgers first base dugout has exploded.
Speaker 6: Come on, Miguel Rojas, who will forget that ninth inning home run Game seven of the World Series in Toronto last October. Miguel Rojas in the line of tonight about the ninth at second base. That's hide the game back in game seven, send it.
Speaker 4: To extra ning.
Speaker 6: Speaking of heroes, Will Smith back behind the plate this year for the Dodgers. He had to go home, go ahead home run in Game seven last year in the World Series. You know what, let's relive it, the too old Smith with a smash in the air to t Pliftfield.
Speaker 10: This bowl is.
Speaker 12: Smith lets it fly and breaks the tie in Game seven, as number sixteen stays.
Speaker 4: Clutch, that never gets all.
Speaker 6: Come on, Will Smith the go ahead home run as the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Go on and beat the Blue Jays.
Speaker 6: Americas catcher already has had a busy spring. Will Smith's played for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic for two weeks already this spring.
Speaker 4: He's been busy doing that.
Speaker 6: Came back to Camelback Ranch, played all three games of the Freeway Series. Look at this Dodgers lineup one through nine. The Dodgers are loaded. There's no real break for opposing pitchers. Speaking of pitching, the Dodgers pitching staff no longer with number twenty two in it. Clayton Kershaw has retired. He'll be a Hall of Famer in a few years. Yoshinobu Yamamoto now anchors a Dodgers staff that features show Hey Otani, Tyler Glass, now Blake Snell, who's hurt, Rookie Sasaki, immit she and he's earned himself a spot in the rotation. After a great spring, the Dodgers bullpen now has a lockdown closer in it with Edwin Diz, the right hander signed as a free agent this offseason. He had twenty eight saves with the New York Mets last year one sixty three era, he was dominant. The Mets didn't have a very good team. The Dodgers fans hoping to hear a lot of this this year. Timmy trumpets, Kimmy on and blasting here at Uniclove Field at Dodgers Stadium here in twenty twenty six, So ready or not, here we go, Dodger fans. The Dodgers looking to defend their World Series.
Speaker 4: Championship tonight, game.
Speaker 6: One of a long one hundred and sixty two game season, and then all begins against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Pregame festivities still to come, with introductions down the first base line and the third base line. Dodger fans starting to file in long line of cars making their way into the Ravine Dodger Stadium, expecting a sellout crowd. Yet again, four million straw and came through the turnstiles in twenty twenty five. No doubt that same number in twenty twenty six, if not more, and with more, let's head over to the gallopin Ford broadcast booth as we welcome in Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, Thank you Tim. There's something special about Opening Day. Doesn't matter your age, it doesn't matter how many times you've come to the ballpark to.
Speaker 10: See opening day.
Speaker 8: World Series ended, by the way, one hundred and forty five days ago. Oh, there's adrenaline, there's expectations, and for us, it's really an opportunity to see the Dodgers there, defending the two time defending world champions open up the twenty twenty six season. It's always special, and for us it's a little bit special too because by longtime broadcast partner is here and raring to go talking about Charlie Steiner and first of all, one hundred and forty five days ago, the Dodgers clinched their World Series, their second in a row. It was a I guess, a short off season. It was a delightful lost season, and it's delightful to come in and see you here today.
Speaker 13: You don't know what you got until you've been gone, and so I'm thrilled to be back. That's good to see you and Dwayne and David and here are the defending world champion Dodgers trying to do something no National League team has ever done before, win three World Series.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Earlier today, Dave robertson's asses said, you know, if you reflect back in your very first year as the manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers, he said, would you give yourself a little bit of advice? He said, first of all, don't take things personally. And the second thing is learn to trust your players. And that really kind of exemplifies what Dave roberts has set the tone, because I remember that first spring training meeting that he had. He goes, hey, look, you guys can play better than you have been playing. The question is in twenty six how good can these guys play for one hundred and sixty two?
Speaker 13: What's fascinating to me watching this team and watching the lineup today, and go on ahead, you look at the other teams around Major League Baseball Again, this if we're not just blowing smoke, this is as good a team as at Dodgers we have seen in all the years we've been here, and from top to bottom hitting, pitching, defense, they're loaded.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I think if we look at Spring twenty two, Charlie, I know that you were watching and listening from the Arizona portion of it. I think that I has checked off all the boxes and checked them off very strongly. From an offense defense, the hitting aspect of it. The pitching is still trying to work on the back end of the bullpen itself right now. But your impressions of this team, We've got a new facing Kyle Tucker. He's batting second in his starting lineup, and a guy that if he doesn't hit a home run with went out in the top of the ninth inning, the Dodgers will look at the Toronto Blue Jays at the World Series champions because Miguel Rojas, who hit that gigantic home run to Tide and the ninth is starting batting ninth and playing at second base.
Speaker 13: We remember when he first came up and he was an iffy kind of guy. Eventually we traded the Marlins and then come back and watching him grow and watching him become one of the team leaders, and of course the legendary home run that he hit back in October.
Speaker 2: Here's back.
Speaker 13: He says, it's going to be his last year. Maybe maybe not, but again, just watching him grow as a man as a player has been wonderful.
Speaker 8: You and I have been privileged enough to be participants of a lot of different aspects of Opening Days throughout all the years. There's something special about even going to sleep last night. I don't know what your drenaline level was, but the something special aut opening days and this morning, I'm not certain that many of us even needed an alarm clock to wake up.
Speaker 13: I couldn't wait to get here for many, many reasons, and it's just wonderful to be back at Uniclok Field at Dodger Stadium as the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks opened this one hundred and sixty two game championship season. We got a lot to go before the first pitch, dem.
Speaker 6: Charlie, great to hear your voice as we cut you down in the first pitch. Dodger fans get that game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 4: No perfect time, then right now.
Speaker 6: To order your Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's and Shakys dot com. We're off and running here on Opening Day twenty twenty six, as Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck continues, You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Robbers. We will check in with the David Vassa throughout the hour. We'll break down this pitch matchup.
Speaker 4: Butt up.
Speaker 6: Next, you're o Tawi rewind and we visit with Kirston Watson from Sports and at LA get her thoughts on the.
Speaker 4: Start of this season.
Speaker 6: That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Let's start of the twenty twenty six season. First pitch coming up at five thirty. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kats and this is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Arizona Diamondbacks. Happy Opening Day Dodger Fans, twenty twenty six. Yoshinobu, you have a moto Zach gallim the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at five thirty.
Speaker 3: This is the Otani rewhy the two one now Otani.
Speaker 10: Lights it up. It is good.
Speaker 11: Old Tony Tokoon is on fire.
Speaker 2: Payoff pitch swung on him.
Speaker 9: This strike three A fastball at ninety six, strikes out three more of this inning, eleven of the game. Otani has been sensational show.
Speaker 6: Hey, Otani already has had a very busy spring.
Speaker 1: What has he done?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Playing the World Baseball Classic over in Tokyo. You heard the Grand Slam there, played for Team Japan. Unfortunately they were eliminated in the quarterfinals of the WBC. Comes back to Camplback Ranch gets a start in Arizona, and just the other night here at Dodger Stadium, struck out eleven in his last outing, his last tune up before the start of the twenty twenty six regular season. He will be your designated hitter tonight for the Dodgers as they open up twenty twenty six here at home against the Snakes.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey, Karson now joins us here as we get ready for the season opener Dodgers and the Arizona Diamondbacks. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate it today and your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy Donate now at Carsfourkids dot Org.
Speaker 4: That's Cars with a K.
Speaker 6: A little different start time five point thirty pm. And because it's a little later in the afternoon, currisen a chance to kind of look around southern California, the city of Angels and see how excited people are.
Speaker 14: When I tell you, just driving in, driving down Sunset, seeing so many people in Dodger shirts, use in Dodger blue, it felt like all of the bars, there are lines out the door.
Speaker 15: It's it's so early in the afternoon.
Speaker 14: I mean, the fact that it just really reminds you how special this team and this sport is to the city of Los Angeles. You know, obviously Opening Day is huge for so many things, and the baseball season is truly a marathon and not a sprint. But to see how much joy these players bring to this city, to the fans, for all of them to be up early, already excited for Opening Day and for one sixty two, it just puts things in perspective.
Speaker 15: And so.
Speaker 14: It's already been an exciting year. Obviously we've come we're back in Los Angeles from being in Arizona for about six weeks and seeing this team grind and get things going. Of course, there was the World Baseball Classics, so that added a different layer of excitement.
Speaker 15: But now it's time for meaningful.
Speaker 14: Baseball games and this team set a very big goal to make some history, have a three peat, and it begins today.
Speaker 6: I think it's interesting the last couple of years the Dodgers have been in Korea, and they've been in Japan for Opening Day and now true opening day around baseball here at Dodgers Stadium for the defending World Series champs, and tonight Yoshinobu Yamamoto for the second straight year. He got his start last year in Tokyo Opening day starter tonight.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but you know what he did say when he was asked about just being named opening day starter, and he said, look, first and foremost, it's an honor for your team to see you as that guy is the ace of this group. To set the tone in game one, that is huge. But for him to be able to do it here at uniqueo feel at Dodger Stadium, it's going to be an exciting one, it said. He talked about just being able to be in front of these fans. Obviously, coming off of being the World Series MVP, he has had so much success already in this league, but still has his eyes and goals on you know, being the National League. Say Young, there are some other guys on this team who also want that. So this is just this is the beginning of It's funny. It kind of feels like it's the beginning of an exciting new year for him, but it also feels like the carryover of last year because of what he did in the world he.
Speaker 6: Help, he carries it over what he did last year, the thirty starts, and certainly what he did in October. It's funny talking to people earlier today, they said, well, how does this team stay motivated for a third championship? Well, it's like, well, it hasn't been done in almost thirty years. Yeah, with the New York Yankees. And I said, the Dodgers do so such a great job, and guys are hungry to win, and they bring in one or two, three, four different guys And when Diaz, Kyle Tucker, guys who haven't won with this squad. Now you bring a little hunger in with these new guys, you do.
Speaker 14: But you know what all so it's like there's something about the makeup of these guys.
Speaker 15: They have just in who they are.
Speaker 14: They're such competitors and they want to be the best. They understand, Yes, to win a World Series championship takes a lot, and now they have learned what it took the last two years and even I mean, and you talk it to guys when they look at how last year ended outside of the postseason, let's look at the regular season. They weren't playing their best per se. I mean, we know what happened in Baltimore. It felt like we were gonna see Yoshinobu Ammoto throw a complete game, but no hitter, and things went sideways relatively quickly. I mean, there were more moments like that than we probably would have liked to close out the regular season last year. But they switched gears, they got ready for October. They became closer than I think we've ever seen before. So now you have a group, as you mentioned, there is some added fire because you have a player like Edwin Diaz. This team officially has a closer, which they haven't had since Kenley Jansen. Now you've got Kyle Tucker, who I swear to you it feels like with Kyle he is someone who just wakes up and is so talented and what he does, it's just it's who he is as a baseball player. You know, he even listening to h me. He doesn't doesn't take much for him to get going. And so you now add that to a group in which you have others who you know, do to do, have to do a lot to get going and want Mookie Bets is out there for hours pre game.
Speaker 15: Things like that.
Speaker 14: But you have such a large group of individuals who are such highly successful and high performative athletes, and they want to be the best and whatever that means, they're going to find ways to do that.
Speaker 15: So this is what we're seeing right now.
Speaker 14: They have this goal and opportunity to do win it three times in a row, and if they could do that, it'll be incredible. And they're but like, it's crazy to me that they were having this conversation when they want back to back, Like we I felt like we got to the parade and it wasn't even about like, wow, we just made history and being back to back. It was like, so repeat, So what we're gonna do is we're gonna do this again. So I love the celebration we're having right now. You know, year one, it was finally getting the prey that the guys in twenty twenty weren't able to have due to COVID.
Speaker 15: Then it was okay, now let's do back to back. They achieved back to back.
Speaker 14: And immediately it was it's time for a three P And I think that's a perfect way and a perfect example of describing who these guys are to their core real quick.
Speaker 6: You look at the lineup one through eight. Every day it's stacked. Second base is going to be back and forth. Maybe a platoon situation, yep, but you look who's getting the start tonight's Mister World series hero Miguel Rohas.
Speaker 15: I'm so excited.
Speaker 14: You know, we we found out that it was going to be more of a platoon kind of recently actually during the Freeway series when Dave Roberts announced that Alex Freelan was going to be breaking camp, being on the opening day roster, and they said that Alex is going to primarily face righty's and then Miguel Rojas is going to say face lefties. But with a riting and Zach Gallon on the mound today, you know, with a being opening day and what Miguel was able to do in the World Series and games it's really six and seven. And Dave Roberts made it so clear he said he was going to die on the hill that he wanted Miggy Roe to be in those games when the team was facing elimination because of who he is as a leader in this clubhouse, the obviously plus defensive athlete that he is. He has really improved his bat skills in regard to, you know, understanding his role as someone whether off the bench or kind of with living an opportunity and finding ways to get his bat going. So for him to be out there in just we saw the force out at home. Of course, we saw the home run that tied the game. There were so many moments that he came to clutch for this team that it just, I don't know, it felt so fitting for him. Even though there's a writing on the mound today and that probably should be more of Alex freelaneral for Miggie to be out there. He's had an amazing spring and honestly, I just I don't think anyone other than him deserve He's.
Speaker 4: Going to get a loud over on that third baseline here.
Speaker 6: Just in a couple of minutes. Kirsten appreciate it. Game one of one hundred and sixty two. Let's go ready or not? Here we go, Come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Basse goes one on one with Freddie Freeman. But I'm next an injury report and I will hear from the manager himself.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks Opening Day twenty twenty six, first pitch at five thirty. I'm Tim Keats's the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues is it leads up to first pitch Opening Day twenty twenty six Dodgers and the Diamondbacks Marongo Casino Resorting Spa and Grand Slam for good Times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Zach Gallon the pitching matchup to start off the season. First pitch at five thirty.
Speaker 3: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical Partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Dodgers kinda start this with a couple of guys on the injured list, including Tommy Edmund starting the year on the IL recovering.
Speaker 4: From offseason ankles surgery.
Speaker 6: Keiky Hernandez on the sixty day IL after having an off season elbow surgery on his non throwing elbow. Bruce dark Rattorol on the IL to start the year. They saw shoulder. Brock Stewart on the IL working his way back off of off season shoulder surgery.
Speaker 4: He is throwing, so that is good news.
Speaker 6: Blake Snell starting the season on the IL as well. Evan Phillips through a bullpen session to a catcher just a couple of days ago, so he is trending in the right direction, but starting the year on this sixty day IL. Bobby Miller starting the year on this sixty day IL. His shoulder is still barking and landing. Next, sort of a surprise, starting the year on the fifteen day IL due to an intercostal strain. He joins Gavin Stone, of course, also on the IL, recovering from a shoulder injury. So a lot of arms on the IL to start the season for the Dodgers, but no doubt we'll see them once they all get healthy. It's head back downstairs and check out with the Dodgers kipper.
Speaker 10: Anything else.
Speaker 2: Questions for Dan Dave? Can you just du Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 8: What is your level of anxiety, anxiousness, all those other descriptive iages that will be thrown out as you try to do something to very few teams have.
Speaker 16: Done at this moment, very minimal. I'm just more excitement today to get going. Our players are excited. Yeah, so hopefully we can keep that, you know, to a minimum throughout the season. But yeah, there's obviously going to be a lot of talk about it, but you know, I think our guys are pretty you know, trained to just think about winning a game today.
Speaker 5: If Biggie Roll gets to start at second base, normally wouldn't given the handacipys a catcher, but clearly this opening day will mean a lot to have considerance his last what was that conversation, Like.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I was on the bench the other night against the Angels here and I just was checking in on him during the game and he was not playing and I just let him know that, you know, I planned on starting him on opening day, and he was pretty emotional, pretty excited and reflective. And I think that obviously you know what he's done for us. I'm not sure how many opening days he's had, but of recent recency, he hasn't And so this this means a lot to him, his family, and to the Dodger fans and so and also most importantly, I think he's a great option for today. So all in all in it was the right decision. I talked to Alex and he completely understood, and he'll be in there tomorrow.
Speaker 14: You obviously didn't see a lot of Yoshinovu in person in the spring, But what are you expecting out of him today?
Speaker 16: Just do what he does. I think that get ahead, use his entire pitch mix, put us in a position to win and go out there and compete. And yeah, we haven't seen him much, but I think that we've got enough.
Speaker 17: Of a sample of him to know that he's ready to go.
Speaker 6: I'll let you guys breathing conversations that, well, the guys here is supposedly that tonight is more realized that and sort to ascitate.
Speaker 16: Over I think it'll probably go in waves, you know. I think people will just start kind of focusing on this season and then they'll start to ramp up again. But I think hopefully in the clubhouse is just kind of staying present and just trying to, you know, win a game that night. But yeah, it's out there, but you got to kind of block it out and focus on playing. But understandably so we put ourselves in a good spot that people want to talk about.
Speaker 17: That's a good thing.
Speaker 8: For us.
Speaker 1: With his pertly sort of solid, we wanted.
Speaker 16: I did notice him, I didn't kind of, you know, spend too much time looking at him, but.
Speaker 17: It's, uh, I probably should.
Speaker 16: Have taken more time looking at them, but I just kind of walked by them.
Speaker 17: But it's it's it's.
Speaker 16: Hard to believe when you kind of start thinking about that. So when I start thinking about stuff like that, then I get nervous. So I don't like thinking about stuff like that. I want to think about just today.
Speaker 8: The spring that last year you almost felt like there was more pressure trying to repeat than you felt leaning up.
Speaker 14: To this year.
Speaker 10: Why do you pays?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 16: I just feel that two back to back is a lot more common than a three peat, so to kind of, you know, do it the next year. I felt the expectation was more for everyone where you know, to win three in a row, that's what's unprecedented in the National League, and so so that's where it's more like everyone's hopeful, excited about it on that potential, but it's not necessarily a pressure thing in my opinion.
Speaker 8: The Dust have a promo online of the the bad guys in baseball and kind of accepting that.
Speaker 18: What do you make of the organization?
Speaker 15: Sort of easy?
Speaker 17: Uh, the organization did that all right?
Speaker 16: Well, if they said that we're the bad guys, Uh, that's self proclaimed.
Speaker 17: So I guess I'm gonna embrace it. I don't know.
Speaker 16: I guess people like a villain. I guess that's a respect in some way. So I don't I don't know. I guess that's a good thing, do you know? Well, it depends who you ask, apparently, right.
Speaker 17: Yeah. I like to think I'm a nice guy except when I'm playing.
Speaker 16: We're playing than I I've got enough friends into the season.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's the best team I think in twenty one. It was a very talented team, very talented team. I think that was year we one hundred and six games. Maybe, but I think this team, as far as the talent, the complete buy in, like just it's this, this is this team is But again, like I've said it every single years, we still got to go out there and play regular season.
Speaker 8: Win totals aren't executive the top of the list objectives.
Speaker 1: But that said it, you guys were to stay in all of you this year.
Speaker 18: Do you think that one sixteen total is something you guys might be able to surress.
Speaker 16: It's possible, but but again, and you said it, that's not our ultimate goal is to see how many wins we can recruit during the during the regular season. I think anything is possible, certainly with this team, but that's certainly not our north star for this year.
Speaker 17: It's it's really not.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of talk around the country about telling fans, you know, enjoy this opening day because who knows that there's going.
Speaker 17: To be one next year.
Speaker 10: Do you understand that and do you agree with that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 16: I understand that in the sense of this where the CBA is at as far as the expiration, and I do agree enjoy it because nothing is you know, guaranteed. So yeah, I mean it's gonna be a great year. And I hope everyone pours their their spirits and their joy into this season because it's gonna be a great one and you know, we'll figure out where it goes after that. But I hope people take heed to that advice.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that happens to Dodgers. Inevitably, we'll be blamed for it.
Speaker 16: That seems like it's always a case it recently, But I don't know.
Speaker 19: What gave you that sense of like the buy in from the group, like already, no group can't come into the year.
Speaker 17: I think that.
Speaker 16: I think the guys that we've had that I've had for for quite some time, and then the guys that we brought in just kind of seeing where their heads are at the conversations we've had and their actions have followed that. So I think for me, it's like, I just feel really confident with this team. I really I'm really excited about these guys.
Speaker 10: Was this the most bores retrain you had?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, so it's it's the most boring spring training we've had. Yes, that's a big compliment. So thank you.
Speaker 19: Okay, if you can go back to twenty sixteen, your first year managing er.
Speaker 10: What advice would you give yourself go into your first.
Speaker 17: Opening didn't it?
Speaker 16: I would say, uh, don't take things personal. I would say, uh, enjoy, enjoy it, Enjoy every moment, and trust your players.
Speaker 3: Okay, we saw you have a compensation as an OKI today.
Speaker 1: What what is your kind of decision heel?
Speaker 17: Is it a good.
Speaker 8: Pick up?
Speaker 17: More mental? Just check? It's a check in.
Speaker 16: I was just checking in on I'm making sure. I was checking to see how he was doing. And I was just watching him play catching. He looks great, He's in a good spot.
Speaker 2: Dig for all the pumping circumstance that comes with opening day?
Speaker 20: Is it your challengers are the same to you?
Speaker 17: Just think about today.
Speaker 16: You know what it's it's the same. I really believe that. I think you know, in theory and practice, we do it. We do it. It's it's it's a great day. There's a lot going on, but once that game starts, the first pitch, it's baseball and we're gonna lock in. And so I don't think it's any more challenging. You know, this year or any of the year, we've had these guys.
Speaker 1: You're these hats.
Speaker 17: Love these hats.
Speaker 16: The hats are great, the jersey is great, and I like gold.
Speaker 6: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts talking to the media just a few minutes ago down inside the media room here at Dodger Stadium, as the blue carpet is being rolled out from center field towards second base for pregame introductions, which we'll start here shortly. First pitch coming up at five thirty. It's Any twenty six and we continue here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We check in with the David Va saying, lean you up the first bitch from Uniclo Field to Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers in Diamondbacks season opener. Yoshinobu Yamamoto is Zach ALLENAPITCHI matchup, first bitch coming up at five thirty.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Baseball brought to.
Speaker 6: You by Ala Poto born in La Made for your game day. Alapato brings an authentic Mexicano stylen Tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces all together, Alo Pato Gormee in a can. Coming up, we'll dive deeper into this bitching matchup. Charlie and rickl have the keys to the game.
Speaker 3: But first, joining Tim Kates on deck.
Speaker 18: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basset.
Speaker 4: All right, DV, Happy opening day, buddy. How you doing?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 10: Doing great?
Speaker 18: You're like the twentieth person to say that to me.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask you the next question, but keeps asking. You think the Dodgers can.
Speaker 5: Three pat Yeah, yeah, I actually do. I actually believe, you know, talking to people around the team, actually, GM, Brandon Gomees, and Andrew Freeman, they believe this offense is the best lineup they have had since they have been running the team. And if you look at spring training, they scored more runs than any other team in baseball in spring. I know it's spring, but the reality is a lot of their players did not play all nine innings and they still outscored everybody else in the league.
Speaker 18: Think about this.
Speaker 5: Miguel Rojas, last year's World Series hero is hitting ninth, Will Smith is hitting fifth. What other lineup would they be hitting in those spots? Taoscar Hernandez is hitting seven. Wow, Max months he's hitting sixth. That is just an example of how deep this lineup is and where there is nowhere to turn. Tim I tweeted out this memory from opening Day twenty nineteen. Dodgers hit eight home runs that day against Zach Granky and the Diamondbacks. I have a feeling that today is going to be similar to that twelve run outburst on March twenty third, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 6: So, David is brought to you by Ford. It's four truck Month. Now is the best time to get a Ford truck. Hurry in because Ford Truck Month happens only once a year. Go to your Southern California four dealers today. All right, David, Looking on the field, I see like twenty five different producers and people all surrounding Bob Costas and the newest baseball analyst, Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kershaw is all cleaned up. He looks like he went on a summer vacation. He's got that unless he went into a tanning spot. I don't know either way. But he's got that glow, he's got a sued on, he's got his hair combed and thank and what's going to be interesting is.
Speaker 18: Not only has he being thrown into.
Speaker 1: The fire with.
Speaker 5: This new broadcasting career, NBC has put him in a very uncomfortable spot.
Speaker 18: Tim, he is going to be sitting right.
Speaker 5: Next to the Dodger dougout, right where every sideline reporter sits. Kirsten myself Buster only sit right there up against the dugout. It's one thing to make your broadcasting debut and be calling the team that you just played for. It's another to be right next to that dugout. That is an uncomfortable spot. NBC has put him in.
Speaker 2: No doubt.
Speaker 6: Yamamoto gets to start tonight, Dave. We expect him to hopefully have another dominating season like it in a year ago. Thirty starts October MVP of the World Series. How has Yamamoto felt leading though into tonight.
Speaker 5: He's been He hasn't missed a beat going to the World Baseball Classic, there were no issues there with his build up. He continued his bring training build up. Six starts split between the Cactus League, the Freeway Series, and the World Baseball Classic and who can doubt a guy?
Speaker 18: As the World Series MVP pitched.
Speaker 5: Back to back days, was warming up in the bullpen in the eighteenth inning of Game three. He is more than ready to take on today an opening day.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: Time now to pick the horses for the Dodger Derby. We look at Santa Anita Day first race on Friday, one pm. Post on six and a half furlongs. It's currently a six horse race. Who do you like on Friday?
Speaker 5: Well, just looking at these names, you know, I'm just going the name game right now.
Speaker 18: I'm ouder here, honor here, we.
Speaker 4: Very fitting for baseball. I'm out of here, all right. That's the four horse.
Speaker 6: I'll go with the six horse to Coppo to Kappa. I like it the six horse Verry Philly, very Philly. Santa Anita Derby at Santaeta Park is Saturday, April fourth, with millions of layouts, full fields and exciting racing action explored Derby Day five k Spring Carnival and more experience packages. Reserve your seat and purchase early to save at Santa Anita dot com.
Speaker 4: Slash events coming up here on Wrongo.
Speaker 6: Causino Dodgers on Deck David Mass will be back with Rake. Monday, David Veass will be back with Freddy Freeman. Will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment. Dodgers and Diamondbacks season opening game for the Blue First pitch coming up at five thirty. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks season opener twenty twenty six. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Zach Gallon. The pitching matchup will dive deeper into the numbers for both these guys coming up in just a little bit right here from Freddie Freeman as well. First pitch coming at five thirty.
Speaker 1: Without who went to hot It's time for the Hawfy.
Speaker 3: Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Well we go back to November one last year, Game seven of the World Series Dodgers and the Blue Jays. Dodgers were down four to three in the top half of the ninth Inny Miguel Rojas a home run.
Speaker 4: Tied the game at four.
Speaker 6: The bottom of the ninth inning, the Blue Jays, though threatened, vases loaded, one out.
Speaker 4: Yamamoto facing Dalton var.
Speaker 20: Show a ball in two strikes. Yamamoto is set ground ball to second. Rojas has it. He's throwing home and they did him in time.
Speaker 21: There was a brief stumble from Rojas at second base, but he recovered, planted and through home and kind of filefa is deemed out.
Speaker 10: Firm runners out, ron left the family.
Speaker 1: The name.
Speaker 6: Miguel Rojas with a great play, stumbled, recovered, made the throw a perfect throw to Will Smith at home to get the runner at home. Next batter, Ernie Clement came up with two out, bases loaded, and hit a fly ball in the left center field, bases.
Speaker 20: Loaded, two outs. The pitch, Clement lit shit in the air left field. Key y Hernandez running back. It's in the gap.
Speaker 12: It is on the track that converge Pies reaches up and makes the catch as he crashes into Key. K oh my gosh, we're going Next readings A Yamamoto miracle.
Speaker 6: In the ninth Andy Pa has had to run one hundred and twenty one feet in five and a half seconds collides with Key k Hernandez and left center field to make the catch, save the game, send it to extra innings.
Speaker 4: In the tenth, both seems scoreless.
Speaker 6: In the eleventh, Will Smith, the solo home run gave the Dodgers a five to four lead, and the bottom of the eleventh, the Blue Jays threatened runners on first and third, one out, Yamamoto facing Alejandro.
Speaker 20: Kirk, hold on to your butts, folks, Blue Jays on the corners, one out.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers lead by one.
Speaker 20: Yamamoto's two coming to Kirk broken back grumball bets has its steps.
Speaker 4: On the back.
Speaker 1: The Dona firs to the play.
Speaker 12: From Beck's against.
Speaker 10: The wall to Beck to Beck.
Speaker 12: The Dodgers cement their dynasty.
Speaker 6: Uh Phil's great every time hearing that final call from Steven Nelson.
Speaker 4: Dodgers went in an.
Speaker 6: Eleven innings beat the Blue Jays in Game seven of the World Series. Those are your Hoffy Magical moments, brought to you by Hoffy hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Haffy hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: We'll check back in with.
Speaker 6: Rick Monday as we're leading you up to first pitch Opening Night at Dodgers Stadium. Insent Dodgers and the Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Cases the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue All.
Speaker 6: Season law Dodgers and Diamondbacks Opening Night twenty twenty six. The snakes being introduced down along the first baseline. Training staff, assistant coaches, non starters, relievers all being introduced right now as they get ready to introduce your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers here in just a couple of minutes. The blue carpet all set up from centerfield all the way second base as the players will be introduced one by one.
Speaker 4: Time down for the Verizon startup.
Speaker 6: As we are a little bit over thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today. Still the com we'll get to the keys of the game. We're gonna hear from Freddie Freeman coming up in about ten minutes plus, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup, but first.
Speaker 3: And now joined by David Basseying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Rick Monday is the perfect person on opening day to give us a preview of what fans may see in stadium today, Rick, and that is the ABS system, the automated strike zone system where both teams each start the game with two challenges, and the catcher. The Dodger side of things, Will Smith has made it clear he will be the one challenging, not the pitchers and hitters on each side obviously can chant David.
Speaker 8: We're finding out more and more of the ball clubs are saying to their pictures, look, you don't need to be doing that, and there's a couple of reasons for it. I've said this facetiously, but pictures from my standpoint, and this is from a former hitters you but pictures believe that the strength zone is the curvature of the earth.
Speaker 2: So that's how far.
Speaker 8: But the other part too is I mean, let's look at it. You've got a guy that's in a wind up to follow through and by the time the ball is released in the picture as a follow through, they're really kind of off center, They're not directly lined up, a lot of different movement. They don't get that great of a look even though they're looking from sixty feet six inches away. The catcher has a better look the hitter and of course the umpire too. Interesting comment that I happened to read, and it was from Aaron Judge who was talking about the ABS system, and here's the quote. He says, I think it's going to be a little weird because I'm not an umpire. I'm a hitter. I've never been in the box trying to think about it. Is this a ball? Is it a strike? I feel like I can hit it? If I feel like I can hit it, then I feel it's going to be a strength That was an interesting perspective, one of the many that I've read from a hitter standpoint who understands, look, I need to understand my strength zone. Do I feel I can hit that ball or not? That's his prerequisite in order to tap the top of his helmet and challenge a call. That's going to be happened. But I did find some other information on how it's going to be established. I found it interesting. I found it confusing and I'm not totally bought into it. And here's what I'm talking about, the strength zone itself. Well, the strength zones are personalized. Every single player was measured for their height. Okay, the top of the zone is set and here's where it really gets fuzzy. The top of the zone is set at fifty three point five percent of the player's height and the bottom of the zone is set at twenty seven percent of the player's height. So that's tested. It's been fine tuned. In the minor leagues, the width of the zone has not changed. At seventeen inches bliss a ball with on on both sides.
Speaker 2: But here's here's what happened.
Speaker 8: Happens if players are measured and they're measured standing.
Speaker 2: Straight up right, So you stand what.
Speaker 8: Six' three six two? Clubs, okay six to. Two, okay they're gonna measure you at six to. Two every person at six' to two has the same height on the strike zone AND the. Abs system what happens the guy that has a crouch in the Batting stance because the rule book says that the strength zone is basically established by the natural batting stance of the hitter has nothing to do with the fact that you stand six to two if you have more of a crouch than. Somebody else, For example, let's say, for example Let's Use cody bellinger as, an example very. Upright, stance okay he's going to have a. Strength zone if you happen to have a crouch in, your stance your, normal stance you're going to have a higher. Strength Zone the.
Speaker 5: Bellacher Howl, freddy freeman he's a tall guy and he crouches exactually quite.
Speaker 8: A bit i think that's that's where to me is kind. Of fuzzy so, you know two dimensional. Strength zone they actually tested a three dimensional strength zone WITH the abs at the minor. League level that created this kind of fuzzy area to. Begin with but it average on spring four and a half challenges between the two teams, this spring and it turned out that, the fielders which counted more majority of, the catchers they were more accurate than.
Speaker 2: The hitters in.
Speaker 8: Challenging pitches so the catcher has a pretty. Good chance only about one percent of all the pitches were challenged. This spring so it COMES down i can break it down, even more what.
Speaker 5: About, The, umpires rick can you talk about the hitters and. The pitchers i've seen former umpires quoted as saying umpires don't want to be embarrassed in front of forty or fifty.
Speaker 18: Thousand fans how does that play?
Speaker 8: Into THIS and i read another one from just Retired Umpire, richie garcia who said exactly that and the emphasis that is going to be placed upon umpires during. A ballgame we've heard some umpires in. The challenges they're very vocal when it supports. Their call some of them, have been, like you very quiet if the call has gone against what they. Have called but this is. THE system i think it's. VERY intriguing i think it can help the game if it is used the correct way by, ball clubs and if they just squandered, them early it's going to be costly in, the seventh eight to ninth any of an.
Speaker 10: Important game and here's my question.
Speaker 5: As well last night During The yankees, giants game after they lost a couple of, their challenges both sides were very gunshy to try to waste their last challenge.
Speaker 8: As, well, yeah exactly so that's the way it is going. To happen so, you know, the pitchers they did not have a very good success rate in the challenges as far as the percentage so that has been. Moved along some, people, say well it's kind of, ticky tacky you know if it misses by an eighth of binanche, of it but it, still, MISSES right, i mean, you know that's, like saying when do you run a? Red light, you know did you come to a full and complete stop and it stops?
Speaker 5: Sign Always and i've never ran a yellow or? Red, light rick that's For Sure opening day. For you you've been doing this a long time as a player and, A, broadcaster rick you seem to never age to all of, us listening how excited are you even on a daylight today after seeing so many and broadcasting.
Speaker 8: SO many i heard a great example of how it feels On, opening DAY and i heard it this morning By the Dodgers Historian mark langel who Said That opening day for HIM and i love THIS when i watched it on the news, this morning, he said it's like opening up a box a present to find out.
Speaker 17: What's inside.
Speaker 5: Mm, Hmm yeah i'm expecting eight runs From the Dodgers On opening, Day, today?
Speaker 10: Rick?
Speaker 2: Really, yes yeah similar.
Speaker 10: To twenty nineteen when they hit eight.
Speaker 5: Home runs i'm not looking for, that TODAY but i, feel like as you like, to say and made Famous rockets.
Speaker 2: Red, glare okay we'll see take.
Speaker 5: The, Over, rick well check that game, With you Charlie And steven nelson a little. Bit, later tim, all right thanks a LOT of dv great inside There From.
Speaker 6: Rick Monday dodgers baseball brought to You By. Citio, hope, preparation precision and unrelenting commitments of being the best at what. They do that one makes them a Champion At. Citio hope that commitment has, one focus. Curing Cancer. Citio hope Champions. Of hope make an appointment today At citio hope. Dot org Because the dodgers players are being introduced from center field out to second base as the pregame festivity. Is continue we're leading you up to First Pitch Opening day Dodgers. And diamondbacks first pitch of. FIVE thirty I Have tim katson's the back to back World Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Audio network.
Speaker 3: As we, were saying This Is Marongo casino Dodgers on jack on the official Home Of La.
Speaker 1: Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers In Diamondbacks opening day twenty Twenty six dodgers being introduced, right now the starters making their way down the, blue carpet Starting With Dave, Roberts show, hey o'tani and the.
Speaker 4: Starting Lineup dodgers.
Speaker 6: Baseball is brought to You By Shakey's, pizza parlor the official pizza partner Of the dodgers. Audio broadcast when it's, game night it's group Night at Shaky's.
Speaker 3: Dot com and now what will likely be vassay fielding insults From a.
Speaker 1: Dodger player it's an engagement. Of endearment this is high.
Speaker 5: And tight it's opening Day At, dodgers Stadium and i'm joined by a guy that embodies everything and means to be a professional, baseball player a man that is a Three Time world, series champion back to back champion With. The dodgers that is the one And Only. Freddie, freeman freddie thanks a lot for, the time and you made it to another.
Speaker 19: Opening day, Thank, You david thank you for those. Kind words it's good to be back and get this.
Speaker 5: Year going how does it feel after all, these seasons sixteen seasons entering, your seventeenth does opening days still mean the same?
Speaker 2: To?
Speaker 19: You yeah, it does just because of all the hard work that you put in. The offseason in, spring training you're excited to finally get the games to mean something and you start your goal of winning. Another championship and all the fans. Are excited they've been missing baseball for, five months so. Everyone's excited just like in The game's, Gonna. Say angels all the fans are there during those spring training, games too so it's. A Blast opening day is. Always fun that means it to start of a new year AND hopefully i start of a really championship.
Speaker 5: Seller Year, hey freddie it's one thing to, be hungry but after you went back to, back championships how impressive is it that not only yourself but everybody else on the team came day one to spring training hungry.
Speaker 19: As, EVER yeah i think the group that we, have here the environment, we've created, the chemistry, the desire, the want all. Of it it's a special place we have going on, around here and we want to win every. Single YEAR that's i think that's every professional athlete's goal is to win the championship of, The year and obviously when you win two in, a row you want to be those people that win three in. A row, you know you just want to keep. Doing it we had the same narrative last year it be the first team Since the yankees and went back, to back and now we get to be the same narrative going into this year to be the first first team Since the yankees to win three in. A row so we got a. Good group we're really itching to get, going here and we're excited about.
Speaker 5: This Year freddie freeman is our guest On. Opening day, for you this was a more normal season and. Spring training do you Feel like? FREDDY again.
Speaker 10: I do i.
Speaker 19: FEEL good i don't have to get to the field three hours before games and stretches and to just get myself to be able to go out there and, play defense, you know during STRETCH. And vps it's been nice to just show up and do my routine and get ready for. The year it's definitely nice not having surgery and rehab. All OFFSEASON so i. FEEL good i feel ready. To go so hopefully we can stay healthy all year and have a.
Speaker 5: Great year you're a great guy to ask this, question too because you understand the. Game itself you're hitting in a different spot in the lineup, this year and you've got different guys hitting in front. Of you are you a believer every spot in the order has.
Speaker 19: A responsibility i think in a, typical, lineup yes, OUR lineup i feel like every guy can. Hit third it's a bunch of three hol hitters going up and down. Our lineup, so yeah this year it's gonna be a little. Bit DIFFERENT and i think. You're you we're gonna see it in the you saw it During the angels series where against a left, Handed starter i'm gonna hit fifth. This year and, You know DOC and i talked and we're trying to figure out the best way to Make the dodgers the best they can. Possibly be, and obviously against right, handed starters all, hit fourth and then we're gonna start with hitting me fifth against left, handed starters just so it's a lot harder to. Match up, and UH when DC and i had, A conversation, i'm good just hit me wherever you want to. HIT me I want i want to win. A championship make it harder for every other team to match up. AGAINST us i think it no matter where, we hit it's gonna be a. Hard matchup but that's what we we're gonna. Go with and typically one, through nine you're gonna have. Different, roles obviously in, our lineup if you're hitting eight, and nine you gotta know show who's, coming up and just sometimes the situation will determine what you. Gotta do but in our lineup and with, our guys it's more of a. Free reign go. For it you, know yourself you know the player, you are and just make sure you're doing the right thing in the. Right situations and our guys. Understand that and in, our lineup when you got a bunch of three hole hitters up, AND down i think and betteran guys they know what they need to do in this certain situations of. The game the game will tell you how to play, the GAME and i think that we have a good group of guys to understand that and go about our business the way we need. To do but in, our lineup it doesn't really matter where. YOU'RE hit i think you're gonna have guys on a lot more times, than not so just make sure you bring those.
Speaker 18: Guys in not too many teams can have a rabbit.
Speaker 10: HITTING fifth i kind of.
Speaker 19: Like That maybe i'll look like a rabbit again run around the basins.
Speaker 10: This YEAR before i let you Go tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Ring day it's your. Third ring where do you keep? These rings how much do you? Enjoy it where do you?
Speaker 19: PUT it i enjoy it when you get, a ring that means You want so if you don't Enjoy, ring DAY then i don't know what. You're Doing so. I'M excited i look forward. TO it i can't wait.
Speaker 17: To see him.
Speaker 19: In first i've only seen a picture, of Them so i'm really looking forward to. Seeing it they usually get put on for that day and then they go into the box and, goes away hitting into somewhere to or no one can, find it so they're usually so big it's hard to wear. Those THINGS but i heard we got a different one this year where we can wear. A band oh the band comes out of, the middle so we can actually wear like almost like a band with. The ring so that's kind. Of cool when you win a lot and win a few in, a row you gotta kind of come up with some, new ideas and they did it, this year so hopefully we can make them come up with a new idea for this.
Speaker 18: Year too, Love, it freddie thanks a lot for.
Speaker 10: The time you know how much you mean to.
Speaker 5: This city you are A legacy dodger and you're gonna keep.
Speaker 10: It Going and.
Speaker 5: I'm counting i'm counting every, single hit every, single double the rest of the way the next.
Speaker 10: Four years, LOVE it i.
Speaker 19: Love it i'm looking forward, to it and, you know hopefully those countdowns.
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 5: Quicker Now freddie freeman will enjoy his ring At a Vier's.
Speaker 18: In pasadena we'll.
Speaker 10: Send it back to.
Speaker 18: The studio Taps at, Thank.
Speaker 4: You freddy as he leads out to the.
Speaker 6: First pitch the world championship trophies making their Way Into dodgers day in front of the. Sellout Crowd, Miguel Rojas freddie freeman being driven In By will ferrell as they salute the crowd Here at dodger stating when we continue Here On Moroco casino dodgers, on deck well that deep into this.
Speaker 4: Pitching matchup don't.
Speaker 6: Go Anywhere I'm, tim kass the back To back World Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Audio network.
Speaker 3: This Is Morongo Casino dodgers hunting game on your Home For La.
Speaker 1: Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers And Diamondbacks opening night twenty twenty six Here At uniclove Field At. Dodgers stadium first pitch coming up at five thirty.
Speaker 3: And now Before the dodgers hit, the dinon we look at the, pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Brought to you By your. Toyota dealers we make. It Easy zach gallen gets to start For. The snakes thirty year old right hander already is eight season now in the. Big leagues last year thirty, three starts thirteen and fifteen with a four to eighty three. E now he went into free agency thinking he was gonna get a big deal from somebody, out there but didn't get what he was, looking for so he re signed right before spring training a one year deal With. The diamondbacks he is two and five WITH an era of three ninety ninety, nine strikeouts though in fifteen career appearances Against, the dodgers so.
Speaker 4: He has seen them.
Speaker 6: A Lot yoshinobu yamamoto on the mound For, the dodgers twenty seven year old right hander his third season With the blue and won a twenty.
Speaker 4: Twenty five yamamoto had.
Speaker 6: Thirty stars he was a workhorse twelve and eight with a two FORTY nine era and two hundred and. One strikeouts could have Won The Cy young award, last year but. Did Not, last october pitched in, six games, five starts five to one with a one FORTY, three rara and Named The WORLD. Series Mvp Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
Speaker 4: Zach gallon to get the.
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty six, Season started we're fifteen minutes to a. First pitch keys to the game.
Speaker 4: Are Next I'm.
Speaker 6: Tim katson this is the back to back World Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Audio network.
Speaker 3: This Is Marongo Casino dodgers on tack.
Speaker 1: On your home For the blue all. Season log It's.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers and diamondbacks twenty twenty six, Season Opener yoshinobu Yamamoto And.
Speaker 4: Zach gallon the.
Speaker 6: Pitching matchup as we're getting you ready for the start of the game With The Sapporo Start, Great moments Start With, sapporo beer whatever your. Taste preference saporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and, refreshing loggers.
Speaker 4: Including light and non.
Speaker 6: Alcoholic beers sapporo good, With sushi great. With baseball as we say hello once Again To charlie Steiner And.
Speaker 4: Rick, Monday guys, All.
Speaker 13: Right tim first game of the year right around, the corner And the dodgers ace going out To pitch.
Speaker 10: Game one.
Speaker 13: Yamamoto twelve and eight, last year nobody better In The national league, This Year zach gallon making his fourth consecutive opening day Start.
Speaker 8: For arizona Well, for yamamoto what he did during the season begin with. Was amazing what he did during the postseason was absolutely. Jaw dropping and he gets to start a nine six career Starts. Against arizona it's a little bit Different to, arizona lineup no question. About that aeronato is now a member Of, the diamondbacks but three to One career dodgers have to figure out how they're going to Work To. Zach gallen they saw him a couple of times. Last year gallon a very good breaking, ball pitcher and he'll surprise you with the. Fast Balls the dodgers have to make some adjustments Earlier on.
Speaker 13: Game one right around. The corner lineup's the first pitch, Coming, Up tim.
Speaker 6: Thank you, very much Coming up Dodgers. In diamondbacks the twenty twenty six season. Is here the quest to get a three pie For the dodgers. Begins Tonight I'm tim kates and this is the home of the back To back World. Champion dodgers On The Dodgers, audio network