Speaker 1: Bonus Box is back on KF and we have nine chances for you to win one thousand dollars every weekday, that's every hour from nine a m.
Speaker 2: Till five pm.
Speaker 1: To enter the keywords and wear more, head to overy cafe dot com. Bonus Bucks is back, presented by Big Dak dot com.
Speaker 2: Chris, I'm gonna make you mad. I'm gonna make you jealous and mad.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: You know, we just had four listeners come in. Correct. You see these fine gentlemen behind me.
Speaker 4: I see the very attractive men.
Speaker 5: One of them brought a gift for me, just for me, just for me. I like, that is a T shirt and that looks awesome.
Speaker 4: You see what it says.
Speaker 5: I see meat sauce and he's sending next to Grace a people down this week. Yeah, that's fantastically fantastic. It's a great present. Mine's better. Gave me a book.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: You know I ain't much of a reader. You can tell. I was just telling these guys.
Speaker 5: If you go to my office in my house, I have one bookshelf with books. It is three things. It is nothing but poker books, like three or four whatever.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 5: George Carlin books and The rest of them are books by all of Chuck Kloserman's books.
Speaker 2: Right, that's all.
Speaker 5: I got, Poker books, Carlin books, Closerman books. You were listening to the latest Closerman book football, Right, that's the only one I have not purchased yet. I'm just been lazy, so I don't have it.
Speaker 2: He just gave me the hardcover versions.
Speaker 4: Look at that?
Speaker 2: Pretty cool? Right, lucky? Even better?
Speaker 4: Don't even do it?
Speaker 2: Even better?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: I start flipping through and on page I don't know three or four? Corey.
Speaker 5: I appreciate your support over the years and your respect for Applebee's best. Chuck Kloserman was a right booms bad ass.
Speaker 2: That's sweet. And boy do I love Mottstick's half Price after nine?
Speaker 6: I can I can show you something. I haven't shown you this yet. I'm gonna bring you something else over we're having you're having a banner week in the old Judd Nelson household.
Speaker 2: I like the Chuck closeman knows that I like half price Apps after nine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's outstanding, But who doesn't. Again, I have a recurring dream where I sing Wicked Game to a gal standing on the table at Applebee's. You do too, many drugs getting mothsticks. I've had that dream multiple times, multiple I just like Chris Isaaca, I guess what is this?
Speaker 2: Oh do you know what this is? Yeah? This is It feels like Christmas and I gifts in the car.
Speaker 5: I heard about this, I heard about this is more nuts than Chuck Kloserman, which is insane.
Speaker 2: This isn't this is that's real, by the way, I know it is.
Speaker 4: That is one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Like I hold it up for the camera please, I'll turn it in a second. So this is we just have one correct, Yeah, the only one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really feel like I should regift this to you know who.
Speaker 4: I think you're a hundred percent right.
Speaker 2: Let me get the button right, so with a story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: One of the all time greatest movies, and it's not even close, is the nineteen ninety one Ish film Home Alone No Point Break, where Johnny Utah tries to stop a group of bank robbers known as the Ex Presidents. Now, Johnny Utah is played by Keanna Reeves, but Angelo Pappus is played by the greats the legendary Gary buseyh yeah too, And this is a photo of Gary Busey hanging out the window point break. He's reading the paper Utah Gibby too, and it says to the Power Trip, Utah, get me tooigned by Gary Busey.
Speaker 4: Wow, it looks like it was written by a monkey.
Speaker 2: It definitely looks like this. This looks like Louis's first homework. Yeah it does. Oh man, I don't abuse man.
Speaker 5: Uh you know it's Gary Busey because not only it says to the Power Trip, Utah, get me too, and then here's a signature, but then here's just a random marker line over here. That's Bucy just giving it a test run. Yeah correct, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks to our friends at the Loose screen Printing.
Speaker 5: If you had told me today I was going to get two autographs from people that I've loved for years, I would not have guessed Chuck Klosterman and Gary freaking Beaucy.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: I think it just shows the randomness of Utah give me two autographs.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: There is a website only that where he sells autographed stuff Bucy does.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's called or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's genius.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean my guess is he's making money doing cameos too. Why not just sell stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gary, It's called bucyisms b U S E Y I S M S.
Speaker 2: If you go on social media and look up bucy.
Speaker 5: He basically just makes donkey noises into the camera and just rants about god knows what. I'm sure he was pissed about the Vikings draft too, Yeah, I'm sure he was. U tap give me too, man.
Speaker 6: If you were at a movie premiere, even a movie he was starring in right now, and he walked up to you, you'd say, get this homeless person away.
Speaker 5: One thousand back up, please, yeah, yeah, please. Doesn't even look anything like he did thirty years ago. People aged, but he looks like a separate person.
Speaker 4: For some reason.
Speaker 6: For some reason, you can buy an autograph picture of Gary Busey as each character in those revised.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Hey, you're if you're very young and you're listening to this show and you're like, I have no idea who.
Speaker 2: Gary Busey is. He wasn't in the nine. Why does that exist?
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 2: You know what Gary's done? A lot of coke?
Speaker 4: You think, yeah, he had a bad motorcycle crash.
Speaker 2: U tap hib me too, man. Now Tommy's really jealous.
Speaker 5: We get to meet Daniel and Taylor from love his and I got an autographed Bucy picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to give that to him. I don't know. I might have to trade him. We'll see, we'll see what he's willing to give me. If you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Relax, because you don't even need to offer that picture. What if I just keep it and frame it and then in my will I passed this down to Tommy Elsen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be very kind of you.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine, like at my funeral, somebody hands him an autograph picture of Bucy just goes Corey really.
Speaker 2: Wanted you to have this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and one small tier rolls down Tommy Elsen's face and he's like, this is all I've ever wanted. I just wanted this picture and schmoll and that's it. Well, Tommy, I'm gonna have to change my will this morning.
Speaker 2: You're getting this.
Speaker 7: By that point him in smoller or an item. Oh, he might want this so much. He might have me murdered just.
Speaker 2: To get this faster. Maybe who knows? With him? That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks, yeah, thanks everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently Sean and Duluth sent me this right Sean, Thanks to Sean.
Speaker 4: It's the cool crank company. I think right, and that's what it says.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. Yeah, maybe I don't know. It doesn't sty birthday. Oh thank you delayed birthday exactly, Gary, no to me two days ago.
Speaker 1: Mere Cafe in News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 6: I'll be back on the twenty eighth place Baseball at cchs Field, says baseball dot Com.
Speaker 4: Let's go have some fun at the ballpark.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, man, my top stories.
Speaker 6: You can buy an autograph picture of Gary Busey standing beside come the word fart and it says feeling a rectal transmissions wrong.
Speaker 5: With Gary lots Hey, can we go back to the photo that he actually sent me an autographed think if you're Gary Busey, sure, it's insane to to some pictures of your cell photoshop and characters from the Wizard of Us. It's also insane to take the picture from point break. If you reading the paper, right, you stopped bank robbers? Yeah yeah, and you've the photo that you sell is your reading La Life?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Great magazine? Right? Howk I great? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We had a rise, had a big art right up in there.
Speaker 2: Did they really? Utah? Jeez? Deucy's the best is that when he yells it though, that's what he's in the car, when he says, Utah, get me too.
Speaker 5: Because they're outside waiting, they're pretty sure that that's the bank they're going to hit, so they're they're staking it out, and uh, they get hungry, they're like whatever. And of course he's reading the paper. He's reading like Hagar the Horrible or something, Marba Duke or something. I forget exactly which comics trip he's reading. And Johnny Utah is going to get him two sandwiches, and he's got his back to the bank, and sure enough for broad daylight, the ex President's pull up front door, get out with masks and guns, and nobody seems to know.
Speaker 7: Gary cares more about what the family circus is doing. Yep, you took Scarfield.
Speaker 2: Though, give me too?
Speaker 5: You wanted two sandwiches, and didn't Keanu say it's ten to thirty exactly, it's very early. Deucy was hungry.
Speaker 2: Feed the man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, many ain't been asleep.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's time was punkery in weeks all that Devil's dandruff takes your Appetite Away.
Speaker 6: Did you guys ever see the Buddy Holly movie. No, it's been a long time, because is Gary in it? He is Buddy Holly. Yeah, oh yeah, he's damn fine. I believe he played and sang and really, yeah, I believe he did. That's like his that was his coming out party.
Speaker 2: Do you see? He was also in your sister's favorite movie, one of your sisters.
Speaker 5: Rookie of the Year is chet Steadman pitcher for the Ish I Have an Empty existence, a pitcher for the Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 2: In Rookie of the Year, he was an under siege. He sure was. He was one of the bad guys.
Speaker 4: God love that film.
Speaker 2: No, that was Eric el Lenniak. He was one of the bad guys.
Speaker 7: He was in one of Hawk's favorite films from twenty twenty six, Downtown Bus.
Speaker 2: No, that's just what he takes.
Speaker 4: He just happened to be on the bus and they were filming on. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Loved him in shark Nado for the fourth Awakens. Yeah that was good, right, Yeah, sure was, Yeah, sure was, sure was. He played himself multiple times in Entourage.
Speaker 4: Did you see him in Suckubus?
Speaker 7: Hmm?
Speaker 2: No, all right again repeat take.
Speaker 5: Some Vikings fan that doesn't listen to The Power Trip er K fans like, I wonder what they think about Caleb Banks. Right after this segment, they're gonna turn it off. They're gonna call one of their buddies, and they're gonna go Did you hear what The Power Trip said about Kayleb Banks?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: They did fifteen minutes on Bucy's filmography. Yeah, how can we not, though I know it's legendary. He's won seven Academy Awards. They were all for Point Break, but still well deserved. He won Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Screenplay, Black Sheep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the guy that, uh, isn't he hunting down?
Speaker 5: He's like the psycho that lives in the woods. He's like the isolationist guy. Yeah, tough, fine in the woods.
Speaker 2: Great movie.
Speaker 4: Hell of an actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he done it all. He Uh. He was in a movie in twenty or in two thousand and five called The gingerbread Man, where he played a killer gingerbread man. You sound like you're watching the trailer. It looks well.
Speaker 7: The blood gets in his blood gets into the batter obviously, and here he is about to show up. It's very chucky like, because I think that happens in one Wait a minute, is it just the voice of use he's in it? He dies, and then it's his voice the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then surely all.
Speaker 4: You need miss pirana double D.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. You didn't miss it, you've just forgotten it.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, that's the news.
Speaker 5: It was three double D right, because it was, but they added the second D. But you remember, Yeah, I promise you we talked about that on this show. You were very excited to see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Gary Busey is trying to get into the studio right now. Can hear him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he hasn't grasped the grasped the concept of elevators yet. He's trying to drill his way through the ceiling here in a couple of flowers, he'll make his way up.
Speaker 6: We got guests coming in, and we got sports to talk, and of course we have a big Wolves win and a brand new Minnesota Viking, so we should break and come back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll do sports when we come back. Martie should be here in a second. She can help us walk through the the Wolves win. It was domination honestly, for all four quarters we were just the better team.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 5: And we do have a new Viking. His name is Caleb Banks. We'll talk about that so astill do sports after this on the fan Bold Join the.
Speaker 1: Power Trip Morning Show up at grand View Lodge April thirtieth and May first. Don't miss out on your shot to win great prizes including a custom cafe and in Grandview co branded golf bag.
Speaker 2: A tailor made driver, and more.
Speaker 1: Oh and did we mention a to night grand View stay with food, golf, and a massage at their spa. Get all the details now at cafe dot com slash grand View.
Speaker 5: Grandview's the best. We're going to be there Thursday night and Friday morning. And we were just talking off the air again, if let's hope they don't, let's just hope we crush. But if both series go to six, our Power Trip thing next Thursday night seven to nine, when we're playing initials and giving away prizes and having fun, might accidentally be a dual watch party as well.
Speaker 2: That'd be sweet. This game six is will overlap, yeah man, so it could be really fun. We had a wild on last year at the Yeah. The Grandview party. Yeah. Grand v Us is the best. Love it. I love it.
Speaker 4: And they made me a big old giant birthday cake. Yeah, it's shaped like a muffin. It's right out there, and I want to eat the whole thing rush it. I'd like to, but I've been watching Sauce eat eighty five donuts.
Speaker 2: I had one. I've taken you now you know what I feel like.
Speaker 5: I had one and a half cupcakes at your wedding and you said I had seven seven one and a half.
Speaker 2: He said that fair?
Speaker 5: Can I show you guys one more bit that made me laugh during the break and then we can move on with sports. Yeah, we have these fine listeners over here, right could you?
Speaker 2: Can you stand up? But don't turn your back yet, Sauce, what can we how do we actually you know what? Come over here?
Speaker 5: So don't don't don't let Sauce. Don't Saucy stand right there? So the camera so za, I can get you on camera. So the look at the front of his shirt, Sauce explain to the listeners who can't see him, what is the what does the shirt say? It's thirteen France shirt right with the number thirteen right right? Yeah, just a French shirt. It looks like it's maybe what a soccer shirt or something. It's some random French athlete with the number thirteen. Yeah, can you turn around and show him with whose number is thirteen?
Speaker 4: Brilliant smoke smoke, that's so good.
Speaker 5: When when Rosie said it that he basically watched the entire US French basketball game in the in the Olympics, and I started, I started saying, like, how are the French even.
Speaker 2: Hanging with us?
Speaker 5: They have Rudy Gobert, they have Vagar sea smoke, Vermit thor I start naming. I started naming the dragons from House of the Dragon, and Rosen never corrected me, not once.
Speaker 2: I said freaking sea smoke.
Speaker 5: And he claimed he watched the whole game and he never was like, who are these people you're naming?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 5: Also, guy's got a sea smoke jersey from the French national team.
Speaker 2: You got Poper Roach went to the Moon. Yeah, Captain Jacoby Shaddocks Vartemas too.
Speaker 5: I'll have to look into that. Yeah, he knows nothing anyway. See again, that's why the Power Trip needs a merch store. We shouldn't be selling.
Speaker 2: Sure, we can do it.
Speaker 5: We'd sell dozens of Sea Smoke jerseys. Yeah, I'd like to see Smoke jersey by one man.
Speaker 2: Too good to be true? Man, God, I wish Rosie was here today on a Friday. Is Will Smith coming in? No, Captain Jacobe shattucks. If Artemis too is going to be here later to talk about it.
Speaker 4: Name a sandwich after him?
Speaker 2: Oh no, all right, ssh, you want to do some sports or what I've loved?
Speaker 6: Time for a fan five on the Power Trip brought to you buy those donuts.
Speaker 7: Yes, they are outstanding. I've had one bite, relaxed. I watched you hammer one into your mouth and closed doors because you don't like to watch people watch eat, but I get to watch you eat.
Speaker 2: Yep, and I didn't say one thing about you and you're weird.
Speaker 5: Watched so you went out of the closet and watched him hammer one into his mouth.
Speaker 2: So you just said cream donut.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's good. To let me tell you Sea Smoke.
Speaker 2: I know no one. He claimed he watched the whole game. You also would.
Speaker 7: Tell him that girls you went to high school with were on the opposite links the team, the links.
Speaker 5: Sometimes the links. Oh yeah, yeah, I would just say that was for like a decade straight. Every time I did a link score, I would just say, girls that I went to high school with man Joe Manton had twelve points and he'd be like, yeah, it never corrected me once. No, So I went next level and went Dragons from how the House of the Dragon, and he still didn't catch it.
Speaker 2: He hates us, hates us, hates us.
Speaker 7: You know who he loves Sea Smoke Chef Sean Carlos, Yeah, Sea Smoke Off. And they said a RIVENDERCI to Dylan theedam In and they took Caleb Banks, a defensive tackle from Florida last night. He only played in three games last season, but in twenty twenty four he was an absolute monster. He injured his foot at Florida and then broke it again at the Combine when he heard a pop the night before his workout. He's six that's a huge bit, three twenty seven pounds. He turned twenty three in March. Your vikings have picked forty nine, eighty two and ninety seven only if she's five three tonight.
Speaker 2: And here is a quick.
Speaker 7: Scouting report I got from somebody who might know a little bit about defensive tackle. He could be as powerful as Kevin Williams if he stays healthy.
Speaker 2: So how is he?
Speaker 4: How is our friend from Texas?
Speaker 2: He's great?
Speaker 7: Good h So yeah, that'll be great. So they have three picks tonight, Nordo and Iron from six thirty all the way up until the Vikings pick at ninety seven, I haven't heard one person criticize the Caleb Banks pick by simply just saying he's not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all Andrew.
Speaker 5: The criticism is this guy is a busted, you know, tire, a flat tire, and it's just not going to work. So I haven't heard one person say, even if he was healthy, this is a massive reach. Not nobody's saying that. It's just this is just not worth the injury risk. So again, the Vikings claim they did all their due to diligence and they have the best doctors in the world, and blah blah blah blah blah, and maybe they're right.
Speaker 6: And they're making it sound like he's broken his foot once a day for the last twelve years.
Speaker 2: But it's happened multiple times and it is the same foot.
Speaker 5: So they're worried that the a guy that's six six three twenty seven, there's a lot of weight.
Speaker 2: On the same foot part of his foot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, is there a way he could play without pushing that foot into the grass.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. What if he just hops on one foot? Is he that athletic? Maybe he looks like it.
Speaker 4: I believe in him.
Speaker 2: You guys want to hear a draft story that has nothing to do with the Vikings. Nobody cares.
Speaker 4: That's you made it sound super good?
Speaker 2: Uh so yesterday? Does it involve Papla Uh no, relax please? Great story.
Speaker 7: Adam Schefter was on a podcast Oh Wow, talking about how in twenty seventeen, when the forty nine Ers had like a top five pick and it was the draft that Patrick Mahomes is in, they did zero research on him because they thought they were going to get Kirk Cousins the following season. They didn't even go see his pro day or anything like that. That was stupid.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 5: Did you hear the I think it was Ian Rappaport, the Ian Rappaport MacKaye Lemon.
Speaker 2: Story that they had the wrong number. No, No, that was that was Jeremiah Love so oh that Uh yeah.
Speaker 5: So the Steelers picked twenty one and again the draft was in Pittsburgh. They took something called Max I. I'm not going to work here for exactly, don't how to say. His last name doesn't matter. He's a tackle, right, crowd couldn't have been more board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never heard of him.
Speaker 5: So last night, the story goes though that whoever was at pick twenty before the Eagles traded up, I don't know who it was. It doesn't matter, but that team I guess Allie, Okay, sure Dallas had no interest in wide receiver, so I guess Pittsburgh is on the phone with mackayle Lemon, going we're gonna pick you, buddy, right, and the crowd's going to He's not there yet, perfect, You're next, right, So they're not. Dallas ain't taking him, So we're taking you. You're going to be a Steeler, right. Draft party is going to go nuts. The Eagles trade up to twenty. They're trying to call mckaye Lemon to get a hold of him to say we're taking you at pick twenty. He's not answering because he's still on the phone with the Steelers, talking to the Steelers brass because the Steelers are like so excited to have you be a Steeler.
Speaker 2: We're so pumped.
Speaker 5: So then what happens is the Eagles trade up take mkayle lemon at twenty, and it sounds like, if you listen to the Ian Rappaport story, that the Steelers are.
Speaker 2: Like, well, now what do we do?
Speaker 5: They just darted see smoke and took some tackle from Arizona State and panicked. So I guess that's going to be an awkward conversation with this guy going like, yeah, we were not going to take you. We panicked and you were the next guy on our board, but we wanted McKayle lemon. Yeah, I guess that's what happened. I'm sure that happens more than we think. But think of the Eagles not being able to get a hold of him because he was on the phone still with its Steelers talking about how excited he was to go to Pittsburgh. Yeah, that's next level. Our friends are here, Daniel and Taylor and all right, Smarty.
Speaker 7: Well I'll go through this and then we can The Wolves smoke Denver one thirteen ninety six for a dominating game through victory dominated your Wolves held Denver to eleven points in the first quarter. Jade and Dante played one of their best games of the season. Your Wolves have a two to one game lead. Game four is tomorrow at seven thirty. Denver is still a two and a half point favor Really. Yeah, I'm on the other side now this We are the better team when we play like that. Iowa was so awesome last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he who? How does Rosie say it? De Sumo and Rustler? You can say however you want. It doesn't really matter you Look, you can say it like that.
Speaker 4: It's so weird to see people that you've only seen on TV and then they're standing behind you in the.
Speaker 2: Studio Big TV stars. Crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so crazy.
Speaker 2: Tommy Eilson, So is he calling?
Speaker 5: Do you do you?
Speaker 4: Sus? You want to come up?
Speaker 2: Are you Alkimore?
Speaker 4: Why do you want to go? You want to say?
Speaker 6: Okay, Marre's gonna stayup here with make I should't like you guys. You and she's afraid of donut man.
Speaker 2: High, Donut Mande.
Speaker 7: I'm not even eat the whole thing now. I'm not even gonna eat it self conscious. Yeah, oh, I'll eat it. The Wild Trail of the Stars to one. Game four US tomorrow at four thirty on this station, right.
Speaker 5: All right, should we break and talk bike and your friends and meet our friends, go through everything and talk about what it's like to be a reality TV star and yeah and find love?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What's that like?
Speaker 5: Daniel Hastings, Taylor Hastings, Marnie Gellner, and Moore.
Speaker 2: After this Power Trip morning show on.
Speaker 1: Score your chance at top tier tickets from John Mulaney to Santana and the Doobie Brothers, My Chemical Romance and more, don't wait entern out at Cafe dot Com keyword contests.
Speaker 4: That's that's a great camerangle. Good come back to that camera for as I get?
Speaker 2: Is that great?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 8: What is.
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 2: Do those guys know they're on camera?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: Yeah, could you come back to the studio real quick? Dan Sauce? Did you need the whole box of donuts?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 7: Don't want anyone else to eat him? I'm taking the home because all I do is eat. Remember, Corey, it's gotten to be ridiculous over here. You don't have to take it from here.
Speaker 2: I think he's doing great.
Speaker 4: Thank you too.
Speaker 2: That's the first time we've ever said that. Well, I didn't mean it.
Speaker 4: Oh all right, I'm a sarcastic have special guests straighten out me. Yeah, all of you.
Speaker 5: We have real guests, giant reality TV stars. They have giant social media followings. Tommy Olsen's maybe all time favorite show is Love Is Blind. Daniel and Taylor from season eight right eight eight of Love is Blind.
Speaker 2: That's the Minneapolis one. Welcome to the show. Thank you, thank you for coming in.
Speaker 5: Tommy super pumps. He might be calling in the next five to ten minutes. Marnie Gallner, Daniel, Daniel, Marnie Barney, Taylor. Yes, you just brought them in.
Speaker 10: You just assumed the exact same time.
Speaker 11: And I recognize them, as Hawk said, when I brought them in their studio, they look exactly like they do in the show and online.
Speaker 10: I'm like, yeah, funny, how that works works? Yeah, giants, I recognized them right away.
Speaker 2: You guys have huge followings though it's fun.
Speaker 5: Did you guys ever think when you applied to be on that show that not only would you guys obviously find love and it works out and blah blah blah blah blah bah. Now you guys like have social media careers almost you can something to build off of.
Speaker 12: No, I don't think we I don't think either of us nott that, but I don't know.
Speaker 8: We try have fun with it. It's a different normal for us now, but it's it's fun for the most part. So you do have very likable personalities. I will say, like, you're you're enjoyable people.
Speaker 2: Congrats, thank you. Is that from the show or from the elevator ride?
Speaker 11: That's the elevator ride and a heavy stocking of Instagram last night?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 4: Yes, normal stuff for Marnie.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm just a casual Thursday night.
Speaker 4: How surprised are you two that it actually worked?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Very yeah, right, very surprised.
Speaker 4: It's shocking, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean the fact they reached out to so many people to go on this show and I almost didn't apply, and for whatever reason, I did, and for whatever reason you applied, and out of whatever, fifteen thousand people we were picked to go on. And then out of all the people on the show, we connected together and it was like very obvious from the very beginning, which I was thankful for because some people get in love triangles and all this whatever drama that I just don't really care about, and so thankfully it worked out. And yeah, I still can't believe it.
Speaker 5: So Taylor, can you tell us how the application process works? How did you get on the show.
Speaker 3: So I got a DM from a casting producer to begin with, and when I opened it, to be honest, I was like, oh, I'm getting trafficked, Like I did not think that.
Speaker 9: To be honest.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm like, this is there's no way this is real.
Speaker 4: From an m Rosen.
Speaker 7: Daniel, I listen, Trosie, I'm not going to Maddy's leave me alone.
Speaker 3: So I I didn't respond, and then I had a girlfriend reach out and she was like, what do you have to lose? Just submit your stuff. So I didn't sure enough, like every round. So it was a very extensive process. I will say that rigorous. Some may say there was psychological testing.
Speaker 2: What kind of psychological testing.
Speaker 3: We met with a psychologist one on one for like a questionnaire and we could interview almost to see if we were like mentally stable enough to go on reality TV, and then somehow we passed.
Speaker 10: Fake it till you make it. Sometimes I feel like they want less mental.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good point, damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And there's also like a four to five hour assessment that we had to fill out online about like how our brain works. And what we look for in a future partner, and how we would handle certain life situations.
Speaker 2: Compatibility questionnaire.
Speaker 8: So they actually, it felt like they really actually do care about people finding like their person because this compatibility questionnaire was crazy. It was like two hundred questions about everything about like your values and your morals and this and that and your upbringing and what you care about and it was just like a long questionnaire. And then they take all of that and try and like match people up. I guess and hope that they find each other. So I don't know if that's what it was with us, but they seem to care.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine if KFE and staff members filled out a two hundred question questionnaire about like our personalities, how quickly we would be rejected from a show like this.
Speaker 2: I'd get to question five, a quit. We'll take you an hour to get there.
Speaker 6: That's true, wouldn't have made it through the psychology thing, throwing you right out.
Speaker 10: I know both of you are Minnesotans, but where are you from? Like where did you grow up?
Speaker 9: I grew up in Painsville, kind of by Saint Clown, the tiny town.
Speaker 12: Yep, yeah, I grew up in Maple Grove, So kidding, Daniel thirty one.
Speaker 2: Thirty one, I was just gonna see if you overlap with any Chris's kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, alex Is thirty one.
Speaker 8: I didn't go to Maple Grove High School school and I played sports through Ostio Maple Grove.
Speaker 2: No kidding, yep, you know, yes, Hee wee football coach. Potentially.
Speaker 4: How long were you actually sequestered away?
Speaker 8: We filmed in LA for two weeks, and then we had a week where we went on a tropical getaway in Honduras, which was kind of cool. And then we came back to Minneapolis and filmed for three weeks and then the wedding, so six weeks, six weeks total.
Speaker 5: She's all right, so maybe you've been asked us a thousand times, but in that six weeks, when did you think, I think that other person is the one, like this might actually be real?
Speaker 2: How quickly out of the six weeks did that light bulb go on?
Speaker 10: Very quickly?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was like day five? Really? Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 3: It sounds like on paper the timeline's insane, right, but when you're living it, it is.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 3: You can't compare it to anything else. Like one hour in there felt like a month, Like the amount of ground that we covered in such a short period of time.
Speaker 9: Because we don't have our phones, we don't have TVs.
Speaker 3: Literally all we're doing is talking to each other through a wall, can even look at each other.
Speaker 10: Yeah, right, Yeah, it's like accelerated dating.
Speaker 11: You're probably getting the information in one hour that might take a normal couple a week or a month, Like getting the topics that they're forcing you or encouraging might be a better word, to talk about your finances, your religion, your beliefs, all that stuff. If you're in a natural dating situation, those topics don't naturally come up right away.
Speaker 10: It takes some time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's very intentional because you know, if you're there for the right reasons and not just to like be on a Netflix show, you're there to get married and find your person. So it's very intentional of like, I'm going to I have to talk about this because if we don't, then you know, we only have such a limited amount of time to talk about vulnerabilities and you know all these crazy things that I would probably never actually talk about in the dating world.
Speaker 12: So yeah, it's a it's a cool concept, it really is.
Speaker 2: And when it works. I think it works really well.
Speaker 5: So let's flip it for a second. How many how many days or how many hours before you had already crossed other people off your mind, like this ain't going to work. She's like she's out or he's out, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: How did you narrow it down pretty quickly as well?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so the first day you date everybody for ten or fifteen minutes that we actually had that was a fun like the pod the dating pods was a pretty fun time, I think, because you're just like having fun dating people. And then every day that goes on, you you know, the list goes you know, gets cut in half and cut in half, and then the dates get longer, and so day one you're basically acting half the people that you talk to, which, to be honest, was pretty easy because it's like, you know, for me, for example, having kids was a big deal for me, like that's that's a non negotiable. So if there's someone there that didn't want kids, it was like, okay, that's fine, but you're just not going to be my person, and so you at the bottom of the list.
Speaker 6: Sure, I found the whole thing, really and I'm trying to remember because I'm old and my memory is not great and it's been a while since I saw the show, obviously, but Daniel, my right, did it seemed like? And I'm wanting to the reason I'm asking this questions because I wondering how much creative editing took place, because if I remember correctly, Daniel, they kind of made you kind of wishy washy about the situation. Was that edited creatively to the point where that wasn't really the truth? Because I'm getting the idea really wasn't.
Speaker 4: No, it was it was not.
Speaker 8: I was not I wasn't really wishy washy. There's definitely an editing piece.
Speaker 10: Right, I will say, hold on.
Speaker 5: They would.
Speaker 3: They would ask us like, what percentage are you going to say yes to Daniel on the wedding day? And I would always say one hundred percent and Daniel would say ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold on.
Speaker 8: It came across so Okay, the day of the wedding, they take our phones away. We're not in community cation, we're separated. And the question was to me, how confident are you that today is going to go the way that you think it's going to go and the way that I thought it was going to go, was that we were gonna get married, But like, you're never one hundred percent sure until it actually happens, at least in my mind. And so I was like, I'm as sure as I can be. At ninety nine percent, I knew I was gonna say yes, but I you know, I didn't know one hundred percent it was ninety. I probably just had ninety nine point nine percent.
Speaker 2: But yeah, heart, that probably wouldn't help. I did it all right. Let's so let's see what's going on here, Lyne ten? Good morning? Is he there?
Speaker 4: Hold on?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Oh god, Hey Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, Holsten, everybody.
Speaker 2: Hey gang uh no, I was calling in.
Speaker 8: So I'm actually kind of curious too, when you guys first see each other and like you feel like you know each other.
Speaker 2: Is it weird that you guys like kiss right away?
Speaker 4: Did you guys kiss right away?
Speaker 2: That's a great question. Thank you for that.
Speaker 8: We it didn't feel weird because you built up such this like strong connection with this person that like you just that's like all you want to do.
Speaker 2: But like what was weirder was well, I.
Speaker 5: Mean's parents are also embarrassed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I mean The weirder part was like actually looking face to face and having a conversation that way.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, it was It didn't feel weird at least to me.
Speaker 10: Seeing their voice come out of their mouth. That was strange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, good question.
Speaker 10: That's fantastic.
Speaker 7: No, that's so good. No, I'm just calling it you guys.
Speaker 8: I'm yeah, I'm down in Bama for work, but I just was calling it and say good luck today.
Speaker 5: Than rooting for you.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's sick.
Speaker 2: I'm jealous you get to play. But if you guys are bored tomorrow, not to make.
Speaker 4: It all about me.
Speaker 7: If you're born tomorrow at eleven and.
Speaker 5: One turned on the go for spring game, you'll see your boy on the sidelines.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun. Great.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm doing the sideline report tomorrow.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 10: Is it Big ten Network?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The Big Ten? Isn't that sick?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 7: Good for you, Tommy. Are they gonna run like on third and six a lot tomorrow? I don't. I don't really care.
Speaker 3: It'll be a good dude.
Speaker 2: See help.
Speaker 4: New show called Love in the Closet.
Speaker 2: With doctor all of us that he didn't use the word French.
Speaker 4: He's French.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Taylor, when you said it is strange to hear the voice coming out of the face because you haven't seen the face before you guys actually saw each other for the first time, did you get to really and truly describe your looks?
Speaker 3: So obviously you can talk about whatever you want when you're in the pods, But Daniel, I were like very intentional about not sharing any physical attributes about ourselves.
Speaker 8: Now, if you start to like picture in your mind what you think this person looks like, but we we stayed away from any like physical it just defeats.
Speaker 3: The whole purpose of the show, Like you're going there to find someone to marry, hopefully based on who they are as a person, rather than what they look like on the outside. So we really, really really tried to stay away from it, and I'd say we did that.
Speaker 6: Daniel Taylor from Love is Blind our guests and to play initials today, what was can does anything come to mind?
Speaker 5: I Meetia?
Speaker 6: When I ask you what was the biggest negative about meeting each.
Speaker 3: Other the way you did, I will say probably being in the public eye. It has been a whirlwind. Daniel handles it much better than I do, but I do cry a lot. So it's just it's just like, well, not only are we newlyweds, but then we also have like the world deciding who we are based on an edited TV show.
Speaker 8: Well, so yeah, marriage is like difficult enough at times in general, I think, but to have millions of people give their input on what we should be doing or saying, or how we should be looking or just like, I don't know, it makes it much harder.
Speaker 12: So I think while we're both very grateful for the way.
Speaker 8: That we met and that we met, there's there's definitely a negative side sometimes to the public eye.
Speaker 5: What about friends and family? Did you have anybody in your circle that was like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: Are you guys?
Speaker 12: N most people, I think at first, you know, at first.
Speaker 5: What percentage of your friends and family thought you were doing it as kind of like a fun experiment, but maybe didn't think you were truly all in for marriage, mostly all of them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think most people thought, at least for me, it was like, Okay, you'll go on have a good experience, maybe you'll find someone in like date after the fact, and that would be best case scenario for them, And that's kind of what I thought too, to be honest, it's like, oh maybe like, oh I'll find someone, it'll be great, and that.
Speaker 2: We have a puppy and his dog hairs all over.
Speaker 7: So anyway, when you approached your employer, were they like, wait, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: How long are you going to be?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Did you have to take like a leave of absence?
Speaker 3: We were only off work for two weeks, three weeks, three weeks, three weeks. My nurse manager at the hospital was awesome. She was like, we'll figure it out whatever you need to do, kind of like a once in a lifetime opportunity. And then all the nurses I work with shout out. They helped me cover any shifts that I was going to miss during those weeks, and then we jumped right back into work while we were filming in Minneapolis. So it was kind of like two full time jobs at once.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that was brutal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry anything that they they did on the show that that that you made you angry as far as when you saw the final edit, anything about the show that you were like, that sucks.
Speaker 4: I wish they hadn't done that or that wasn't reality at all, I.
Speaker 3: Think they left some big parts of our storyline out, So I was I was bummed with how the final edit turned out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, there was a lot of really cool things that happened just in our conversations in the pods that they just didn't include.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: It's like they they decided to include some of the more dramatic parts of the show versus like maybe some of our more like wholesome parts, just because I think that's maybe what the audience is. But yeah, I mean I think we were hoping for a little bit more on that side. Just it's cool to see it play out, like our whole love story play out in such like a cool production, and so I wish there was more to watch, But maybe they're selfish abous.
Speaker 1: How different is it dating knowing that you are being recorded than when you are just out on a normal date, when you know you're not being recorded with cameras and millions of people watching.
Speaker 2: Unless your Mike, Rabel and Diana received it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Taylor's like, yeah, uh it at first, it was weird at first. I mean you're always kind of aware of the of the cameras. It's like, I don't really want to talk about that because my mom's gonna watch it there, you know, like that kind of thing. But as you go on, you really kind of settle in and get more comfortable and you're able to have like the conversations you need to have. And so at first it was a little weird, but it wasn't too bad.
Speaker 3: The cameras are really well hidden and placed in the post least, so like when we first started talking, it was you almost forgot they were there until you'd hear like the cameraman sneeze or open up big and chips.
Speaker 2: But it's creepy as hell behind the wall, very ros in the hell out.
Speaker 10: Of this Biggest Life Regrets.
Speaker 5: So, how many couples in your season got married? Just just you get I didn't know that. So how many people total, like are on the show?
Speaker 12: Thirty two thirty sixteen guys sixteen.
Speaker 2: And only one actually worked out?
Speaker 5: Do you know if any other of the people ended up even dating later and they're stole together or not?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really? All right, so some connections were made but only one marriage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we have a ton of friendships too, Like we're so fortunate and all do we have each other, But we have a lot of really good friends from it too.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to assume the reason why they pick like us city is it would make no sense if you connect with somebody and somebody lives in it, right, So it's like it almost forces you to have a chance because you're gonna be able to see each.
Speaker 2: Other when this is over regardless.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 8: Interesting, that was a big piece because if I had to move to like Texas or somewhere else, that would have been a big tough thing, like that would have been tough to move away.
Speaker 5: But in a weird way, it almost like it does kind of give you an out because if it is Ones in Seattle and Ones in Tampa, you either have to go all in or not. Right, But yeah, living in the same city kind of gives you a let's just stay in touch.
Speaker 2: And maybe we'll date down there, you know what I'm saying, Like it.
Speaker 5: Gives you the path to not get married on the show out because you're you're gonna see him later and figure it out.
Speaker 3: We almost came home in the middle of filming, like we almost were like, let's just go back to Minneapolis and figure it out on our own without the cameras.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, their Netflix would have been thrilled that the one marriage was off camera. Yeah, they would not have liked that. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean we we talked multiple times and like had the conversation of like, are we doing this? Are we getting married because we're on like the show? Or are we doing this because we both feel that it's right for us even though it's quick and it's like not it's it's a super unique way to find each other. Are we doing this because it's right for us or because we're on the show. We both felt that it was just it was right for us, so we did it.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. Yeah.
Speaker 11: For for your jobs professionally, Daniel, you are in finance.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I work in the equipment finance space.
Speaker 10: And Taylor you're a nurse and specifically are you a colonoscopy Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: Has have you had yours? I?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 5: She Actually.
Speaker 10: I just do them on the weekends. Yeah, for a good time.
Speaker 11: Have you had some interesting conversations with patients because of your job when they.
Speaker 10: Have recognized you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 10: But it's been like a really fun distraction.
Speaker 3: No one's ever excited to come in for a colonoscopy, so it's like an exciting I don't know, especially like if they're scared of the IV start or whatever it is.
Speaker 10: I'll be like, listen to this.
Speaker 3: Like I met my husband and got married on this TV show, and it's just been like a light in that space, I think, and everyone is.
Speaker 9: Always like excited to ask questions and talk about it.
Speaker 3: But it's just happening like less and less as when the show first came out.
Speaker 12: But you've done some cool things to like bring awareness to like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's been awesome.
Speaker 3: And then in my comment sections talking about colerectal cancer awareness, there's like survivors who are meeting freshly diagnosed patients with colon cancer and so there's like a community growing and it's been really really rewarding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, awesome.
Speaker 10: Well, one time on Initials, the initials were b D and podcaster. We listened to the big can of your work box A right shining moments.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All right, let's come back. We'll do a fan five.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about the Wolves and the Vikings draft, we'll get to know Taylor and h and Daniel Moore and then again, Daniels heard the show. You listen a lot, You've listened to Initials Taylor, sounds like you've listened to enough to know how the game works.
Speaker 2: Are you guys competitive by nature? Too?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Okay, do we both feel do we both feel confident that we can the other one today?
Speaker 9: I know I wouldn't say confident that's the world.
Speaker 2: But we're both going to have fun, all right.
Speaker 5: More with Daniel Taylor and Marnie Gellner after this event