Speaker 1: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 2: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can. They printing money.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 2: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tech.
Speaker 4: You have to fight off being satisfied.
Speaker 2: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and'll welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're back to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers with.
Speaker 4: One more exhibition game.
Speaker 3: To go before they start the season for real on Thursday afternoon, after winning the series opener on Sunday and Anaheim last night. Oh they played too a time, but that's the exhibition season. That's okay, tonight show Hey O time on the mound. In his final tune up of the spring, the final tune up for the Dodgers before they get going on Thursday. First pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at five to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morago Casino, Dodgers on deck, We're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We're gonna preview this pitchy matchup with Shohey O'tani on the Mount, David vat Sego's one on one with Ron Rennicky. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field at Dodgers Stadium, and in just a few minutes we check in with Tim Nevert and Rick Monday out the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well, last night, wasn't it a great outing for Roki Sasaki who has struggled all spring long. Got into trouble in the first inning, had to come out after giving up four runs, walked in a run, walked in a second run, gave up a two run single. It just was not a good start for Rokie, who would come back out in the second inning. It's spring training baseball still, you can do that kind of stuff. Officially, he gave up five runs on no hits and walked six in his outing last night.
Speaker 4: Put the Dodgers in the hole.
Speaker 3: They were down six to nothing after three and a half ineas bottom of the fourth inning, though the Dodgers finally got on the board thanks to Tao.
Speaker 1: That's where the comeback begins. More might as well some time like the President. One old pitch and this one driven high and deep to left.
Speaker 6: It is headed back to the pavilion in corn A home run tay Oscar Hernandez with his fifth home run of the spring, and the Dodgers get on the board.
Speaker 7: It is six to one. There's the start you were talking about.
Speaker 8: And for Teo, he's at himself white the spring to get ready for this.
Speaker 3: Season taskar Hernettez gets the Dodgers on the board, home run number five of the spring.
Speaker 4: He's ready to go. The Dodgers weren't done.
Speaker 3: Miguel Rojas a two run home run that made it a six to three game. In the sixth, the Dodgers would score one more Dalton rushing walk with the bases loaded to make it a six to four game. Angels got to run in the top of the seventh, but the Dodgers, with a lot of young players out there, the starters came out and once you know it, the young guys put together a nice little rally in the eighth inning, Dalton rushing delivering.
Speaker 1: Won swung out and lined into the gap in right center field. That's a base hit that's gonna go all the way to the wall around third is Alfonso. Here comes air hard in the score. It's a one run ball game. A two run couple for Dunton rushing. It's seven to six.
Speaker 3: How about that Dalton rushing with the double the right two runs come in, it's a seven to six game.
Speaker 4: Alex call. Well, he made the right call last night.
Speaker 3: A double down the left field line that scored Dalton rushing, that tied the game at seven.
Speaker 4: Well, that's how they would finish.
Speaker 3: After nine complete innings and a lot of different pitchers getting in for both the Dodgers and the Angels, both sides agreed, Hey, that's enough, we've seen enough after nine. So they played to a seven to seven tie last night. And that was the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Tonight, they're back at it as the Dodgers up the exhibition season was show Hey Otani on the Mount and with more we head out to the Gaping Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much, Tim.
Speaker 1: Beautiful evening here at Dodgers Stadium as we get things going an hour before we did last night the night before in Anaheim for the final exhibition game of the twenty twenty six preseason, the Dodgers and the Angels, as Show hey Otani will take them mound tonight. He's also going to DH and lead off, so it'll be a busy night for Show hey Otani. In the spring one to zero with the no ERA, he will face right hander Jack Kahanowitz. Kohanowitz is also recordless no decisions with an ERA just under two at one ninety eight. So the twenty five year old out of Baalakinwood, Pennsylvania taking on Show hey Otani here in what we expect to be a game where we'll see the starters take two, maybe three at bats, and then we'll see the young guys finish it up tonight as the Dodgers get sent for opening coming Thursday five thirty right here at Dodgers Stadium, as the Dodgers will take on the Diamondbacks. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, the opening day starter against Zach Gallon of the Diamondbacks. But tonight, Mo, it's a chance to see what could be the opening day lineup. And one of the questions we had who would start at second base? Would it be Miguel Rojas due to the fact he was a World Series hero, Would he get the start on opening day? Or would they go with a left handed bat in Alex Freeland. Tonight, Freeland's in the lineup.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so it's a kind of rebeat of what we have seen. Dave Roberts, interestingly enough, was asked a little early this afternoon, what about spring training so far? I mean, are the Dodgers where they wanted to be when spring training got underway. I'm talking about preparedness. I'm talking about from a health standpoint, And he went through really kind of a laundry list, in particular some of the younger players that we have seen little snippets here and there about how pleased he has been with think the gradual elevation of their awareness on how to play this game at elevated level as well. And we've seen a lot of players and I think that overall, there's no question that I just have to be very very pleased with the transition from a club that came in trying to prepare for the season open up versus tide as we're just really on the threshold of opening up on Thursday.
Speaker 1: One of the stories today continuing from last night's game, Roki Sasaki been talked about all night last night, all day today, and the Dodgers, you know, looking at him and saying, look, we're having conversations with him.
Speaker 7: Dave said this afternoon.
Speaker 1: That he can be overly analytical about things, but bottom line is.
Speaker 7: He needs to be better.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think of one word that he also used last night. He being Dave Roberts, the manager before the game, was asked about Sasaki, and he said, we need him to be more competitive. That's not what we saw last night. And that was the final tune up. And I know there's been some conversations that Mark Prior, the pitching coaches had, that Dave Roberts has had with him. But last night was kind of a disappointing, not even kind of last night was a disappointing OUTI versus Hoki.
Speaker 1: Sosaki scheduled to pitch on March thirtieth. That will be Game four of the season. Game one of the series with the Cleveland Guardians, and at that point in time, Dave said, it's all about, you know, production and all about results as it affects Roki Sasaki, who continues to be a story.
Speaker 7: Meantime, the Dodgers twenty wins eight.
Speaker 1: Losses to ties in the spring, the Angels sixteen fifteen and one, show Hey Otani against Jack Kohanowitz.
Speaker 7: That's the pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: As we get ready for the final exhibition game of the twenty twenty six preseason tip.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor for to your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Tomojo's right now at Shakys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from David Vatsey Well, dive deeper into this pitching matchup with show Hey Otani on the mound, but up next to your o Tani. Rewind add we visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field at Dodger Stadium. That's all coming up as we laid job to Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: First pitch, coming up at five to ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kases the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers Say the Angels, final game of the Freeways Series. Show Hey Otani and Jack O'honnowitz the pitching matchup. First pitch from Dodger Stadium, coming up at five tens.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani reewide.
Speaker 1: And became a regular starter for the Angels the next three years. After that, at Otani hits a bullet to the left field wall high off the wall, the three seventy five mark, bobbled briefly by Mike Trout and into second with a double in Show Hey o'tani hundred and eleven off the bat. I mean he just absolutely hammered that to the opposite field. Might have been three feet out from going out of the park.
Speaker 3: Show, Hey Otani almost hit it out last night. Goes one for two before coming out of the game for a pinch hitter. As Shohyotani hitting two seventy three this spring. Ready to go tonight, his final outing on the mound before the start of the regular season.
Speaker 2: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey Kirson now joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get ready your old car. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at carsfrokids dot org. That's Cars with a K final tune up before the regular season Kirsten and a big one for show Heyo Tani.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it really is. But sho Hey, obviously, most of the spring he was away from the teams. Who's playing for Team Japan in the World Baseball Classic, and during that it was made very clear that he wasn't going to be pitching in any games, so he's only with Team Japan as the DH but he was still continuing his build up. Of course, he comes into this sprink fully healthy. We saw how last year how they really managed whether it was his build up one inning and then two innings, three innings, moving on. So for this year he comes in a totally different position. Dave Roberts was sharing today that just considering with his last outing that was in Arizona, he was able to get into the fifth inning. They feel really good as to where his build up is at right now, so hopefully tonight he can get through six. But he's in a good spot and he's ready for the regular season.
Speaker 3: He's ready, But last night we saw the Roki Sasaki not necessarily up to mid season.
Speaker 4: Form to get ready here for the start of the season.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's the results are showing that. He's definitely still working through a few things. He even shared that he felt interesting enough when he was in the bullten ahead of the game, he felt really good with how his stuff was playing, but once he got on the mound in the game, just his mechanics were a little out of black. He did say that, you know, look, he is going to have games of the season, so that's actually going to be Game one of the Guardian Series. He understands what he needs to do to get ready for that outing. Dave Roberts and the organization has been very clear and the confidence that they have with him. It's just now getting back to compete. Most trying not to be focused so much on the mechanics but now getting back to where he can get the positive results. So he did say that, you know, he knows that he needs to work on to get there, and so the hope and expectation is that he can perform when that regular season start comes.
Speaker 3: The regular season starts on Thursday, ro Okio'll get to start in the second series against the Cleveland Guardians. Kirsten appreciate it. We'll do it for real on Thursday. We'll be face to face on Thursday with opening Day out a Dodger's Day. It all right, we'll talk to you. This still the cover you're on. Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper this pitching matchup. David Vatseg goes one on one with Ron Rennicky. But up next we'll get you an injury report, and we here from the manager himself, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 4: It's all coming up.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Angels, final game of the Freeway Series, first pitch at five to ten.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kason. This is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All.
Speaker 3: Season Law Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck continues as we leads up to first pitch. Dodgers and Angels final Freeway Series game. Here the exhibition season Morongo Casino Resort and Spy a Grand Slam for good time show, Hey Otani and Jack Juano.
Speaker 4: It's the pitching matchup. First pitch at five to ten.
Speaker 2: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 3: Presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tommy Evans starting the season on the IL, recovering from off season ankle surgery. He is taking batting practice and starting baseball activity. He's hoping for a return date at the end of May. Blake Snell also targeting that same may return, starting the season on the IL. Brock Stewart on the IL, working his way back from off season shoulder surgery. Bruce dark Grad role still in eras I want to work on his way back. Kek Hernandez on the sixty day I l after having an off season elbow surgery on his non throwing arm. Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium as we check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 9: Anything else.
Speaker 7: The questions for Dave Dave.
Speaker 9: Can you just describe Dave. Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 2: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: Really really pleased.
Speaker 11: I think you know that that outing in Arizona, you saw the the intent, the stuff was really good, very focused. I think for us tonight, if we can get him to get to the sixth inning, get up to seventy five eighty pitches, that'd be a huge win and uh just kind of have similar command and sequencing that he did in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Hey, what what she says for Showy's desire to go to wire to wire as a pure.
Speaker 9: How way do you think.
Speaker 11: He is.
Speaker 9: Mm hmm.
Speaker 11: I think it's Uh, his desire is is is high to do that. I think it's very realistic to do that with the the idea that you know, there's times to give him a little extra rest in between starts and so I don't think anyone knows how that it's going to look, but I think it's safe to say that it's not a situation as every sixth day, every seventh day he pitches. So I think that, yeah, so the desires high, I think it's realistic. Then the question, the bigger question is how are we going to manage that and navigate it.
Speaker 3: Well, well, you kind of have to see that during starts to how much LEA should give him pitch count or.
Speaker 9: Whatever, like once he actually gets.
Speaker 8: Sent an agel kind of treat like any other picture.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 11: So I think that that's a good question. I think it's some of it is contingent on tonight. Some of it then is contingent on his first start in the season, and as the build up is and looking at each outing separately, but yeah, looking at each outing separately, stress, you know, all that stuff, the stuff, and then I think for us and coming out of it, you know, as far as off days, you know what the schedule looks like, where potentially he would slot in for his next start. There's a lot of other variables that I just you really can't kind of answer right now. But I guess Jack, once he gets going, managing them to win the game, but also just being mindful of, you know, the workload, what he's done, what he's capable of. So you know, just like tonight, not going to get into the seventh inning, could he if he's efficient, could he get through six? Yes, you know, And then when you're talking about the first game of the season. Could he get through sixth inning? Could he touch the seventh Yes, but he won't touch the eighth inning. So there's got to be some responsibility as far as how we manage him. And then you know, looking out the ensuing days.
Speaker 3: Figure is the workload even from last year when he was kind.
Speaker 2: Of building up and coming back by the end of the season, just kind of doing two a like a.
Speaker 12: Full time half.
Speaker 11: Well, I think last year it was easier in the sense of it was one inning, it was one inning, it was two innings, two innings, and then you slowly got to build up, so there wasn't much of a tax on the hitting. I think now, you know, even tonight, where we're looking at five six innings, there's more of a tax to throw seventy five pitches versus one inning. So but I feel that he's he's strong, he can, he's conditioned to do it mentally physically, So yeah, I mean, we'll see how it looks, but I think that it is different, you know, like I've said a couple of times, this is just a different jumping off point than we had last year. But I think and it's a good thing, all.
Speaker 3: Right, there's a manager Dave Roberts talking about show Hey Otani, who gets to the final start of the preseason tonight against the Angels. When we continue here on Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitchy match up.
Speaker 4: We got your magical moment.
Speaker 3: But up next we check in with David Vassey's we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim kas Is, the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio new.
Speaker 7: As we were saying.
Speaker 2: This, He's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Hits the Dodgers and the Angels, final game of the Freeway Series, Show Hey Otani gets his final tune up. First pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at five to ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by El Pato Gourmet in a.
Speaker 2: Can Joining Tim Kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 13: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 2: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 4: All right, DV here.
Speaker 3: We are wrapping up the exhibition, the spring portion, if you will of this Dodgers season.
Speaker 4: Who do you think has had the best spring for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Well, there's a couple of guys that stand out the most. Number one, James Tibbs the third. He's had an incredible spring. You even seen some of it here in the first two games of the Freeways series. But I feel like that distinction has to go to Santiago Espinal because he did not have a major league contract. The Dodgers brought him in on a minor league contract and he made the team. Now, obviously the injuries to Tommy Edmond and Keik Hernandez played a part in the Dodgers having us been all in camp, but also him performing the way that they were envisioning to start the season, so he would he would be at the top of my list for those reasons.
Speaker 3: David is brought to you by Ford. It's Ford Truck Month. Now is the best time to get a Ford truck. Hurry in because Ford Truck Month only happens once a year. Ago to your Southern California Ford Dealers Today, Mookie Bets we saw during the spring day using Yama Moto's workout program.
Speaker 4: Is this something that's gonna continue?
Speaker 5: Yeah, somewhat surreal to see it at Dodgers Stadium. It's one thing to see it on you know, a side grass field at camel Back Ranch, but to see him make the effort to go out to left field where all the pitchers are working out and for him to throw those plastic darts for a lack of better term for it. And you know, Yamamoto has his translator Hero go pick up the darts because Yamamoto can throw it from basically the foul line to center field. But Mookie picks up his own darts, so he's getting cardio and steps because he has nobody else to go get the darts for him, so he does it himself.
Speaker 3: David, any questions about this team you got going into Opening Day on Thursday night.
Speaker 5: The only one that stands out is who is going to get a tough right handed hitter or two out in the sixth or seventh inning not named Alex Vesia. Is it going to be Blake Trinan, Is it going to be benk Caspirius. Is it going to be Will Klein? Because the Dodgers traded for brock Stewart because they felt like they needed that last year, and they did, but unfortunately he barely pitched. So he's starting the year on the injured list again, and until he returns, I feel like the Dodgers are looking for that guy to be able to get a big time right handed bat out. And look, Alex Vesia can get lefties and right he's out, but he can't get every batter out. He can't pitch every single relief opportunity, high leverage situation, and that's part of the equation of Tanner Scott. It would be great if Tanner Scott can't return to form to kind of alleviate that situation as well. But that's my biggest question.
Speaker 4: What about Roki Sasaki? David we a lot of question marks after last night's third time in the spring he's had to come out of a game and then re entered in the following inning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know how. It just all of a sudden clicks. Here's a stat that was alarming that I saw today. The average in spring training for pitchers to throw strikes was about forty nine percent of their pitches. Roki Sasaki was in the thirty percent tile, well below the median in spring training. This year, He's got to throw strikes, and look, the Dodgers do have two pitchers that are in the bullpen that can pitch multiple innings and they're going to be on high alert.
Speaker 13: They have to be. And that's Ben Casparius and justin.
Speaker 4: No doubt about it, Dave. Great stuff. We'll check back with you in just a couple of minutes. Still to come.
Speaker 3: Here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we hear from Ron Rennicky, former Dodger longtime manager assistant coach now working in the Dodgers' front office, advising we'll break down this pitchy matchup that's all coming up up next, Oh your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Angels, first.
Speaker 4: Pitch at five to ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Baseball, Dodgers and Angels wrapping up the Freeway series tonight's show. Hey O, Tanya on the mound. First pitch coming up at five to ten.
Speaker 2: Who wants the hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Bitch Magical by Hawby Hot Tails.
Speaker 3: What a magical October it was last year for the Dodger went to a Game seven of the World Series in Toronto. Miguel rojaswell tied the game in the ninth inning. They went to extra Indians in the eleventh. When there's a will, there's a way.
Speaker 7: Lad Guerrero Junior will lead off the bottom of.
Speaker 2: The eleventh for the Dodgers, scratch a run across before then.
Speaker 7: The two O Smith with a smash.
Speaker 4: In the air to de pliftfield this bowl is.
Speaker 3: Smith lets it fly and breaks the tie in Game seven.
Speaker 4: As number sixteen stays clutch.
Speaker 8: Boy, this place has gotten silent all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: No better sound than silence when you got the team on the road and you're winning. And the Dodgers would win Game seven and win the World Series last October. This Hafey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, So Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs Local so Great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back you on Rick Monday. As we're leading you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series show.
Speaker 4: Hey Otani on the mound. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 3: Long Dodgers and Angels getting ready to go at it one more time in this exhibition Freeway series show.
Speaker 4: Hey o Tani, Jack o'hannowitz. The pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Time for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big.
Speaker 4: Visit the Verizon store today.
Speaker 2: And now joined by David Massey, Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Rick.
Speaker 5: When you look at this Dodgers lineup tonight, it looks like the opening day lineup. And do you feel like Zach Gallon might be having some nightmares until five thirty on Thursday.
Speaker 9: I don't think he's having nightmares.
Speaker 8: It may take place on Thursday, But if you're looking at this lineup again tonight, o'tani dual purpose by the way, in case anyone has missed it, both as a hitter, the designated hitter, and he will be the starting pitcher. Butt O'tani Tucker Benz, Freeman Smith Muncie, the Oscar Hernandez Pahz and then Alex Friedland again. I start at second base, and the question is going to be, are we in fact looking at the starting lineup that we will see on Thursday? Begin to get five thirty as if the Dodgers officially open up the season. Arizona comes in, followed by an off day on Sunday, strangely enough, and then the Cleveland Guardians come in before the Dodgers turn and go on their first road trips. They'll take them to our nation's capital and up to Toronto, which should be very interesting going up there as well. I like this lineup a lot. I like this ball club a lot. And wondering on what your impressions are because not only free observations, but also with your conversations of the players. During the Arizona portion of spring training.
Speaker 5: Well number one, a lot of them were relieved at the beginning that they had a normal spring training for the first time in five or six years. But by the end of it, they were ready to go and ready to get this season started.
Speaker 13: And to a man, they all.
Speaker 5: Are embracing the opportunity to make history in three peete. They are not shying away from that, and that sounds like the Rick Monday Dodgers back in the seventies and eighties.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, you got a normal spring training, although the WBC interrupted a lot of teams being together for a period of time.
Speaker 9: I agree.
Speaker 8: I start to look at this ball club, and the camveat is always how healthy do they remain, both the starters and relievers. And if you look at the starting lineup as well defensively, you know there are some teams that are coming into this season already Atlanta Rays we mentioned this last night, is that you know Strider is going to be on the injured list with an oblique Oblique could be what three weeks or three months, You don't really know. They've got five potential starting pitchers that are going to start on the injured list. Now, don't believe for a second the doctors will not have people on the injured list this year. It's going to happen. But I also like the opportunities in the backup decisions to replenish those that may be on the injured list.
Speaker 5: Well, two guys that had incredible spring trainings are Andy paj Has and Teoscar hernandez Rick. How much stock do you put in spring training results? And what did you think about those two guys?
Speaker 8: If we were talking about younger players, I would go to the old adage you never get too high on a young player in spring trunning, and you never get down too low about a player in spring truning. But we're talking about guys that now tis veteran, no question about it. Paz now is technically a veteran, but I think he's learned more in the last year and a half on what to do. A couple of things very quickly about Pies and Taskar falls in the same category. They both had trouble last year Paz earlier on for Teo it lasted a little bit longer breaking balls away from right handed pitchers to begin with it. I also thought that Pies, if we look at his first year versus last year of the full season, he learned his striketh zone, in my opinion, much much more rapidly than you may have with a younger player, in particular the outer third of the plate, because he didn't really know where that outside corner was located. I thought he got a good grasp of that the second half of the season last year, in particular the last quarter part of the season, and so far this spring.
Speaker 13: When you look at Piz, it's funny.
Speaker 5: When I run into people on the streets Trick, they said, do you think he's going to have a bounce back year? I said, he hit twenty seven home runs last year. You're only thinking about his first postseason, which obviously a lot of young players struggle in.
Speaker 9: Yeah, did they look at the average? Also?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Right, you know you hit you hit two eighty. Where was Here's the other part too, what was his position in the line up? You know, there's the run production areas that tree had already been tickled by some other guys. And if you're batting in the four or five, six or seventh spot in this Dodger lineup, you're gonna have a great opportunities, number of opportunities in my estimation, to come on and hit with runners in scoring position, if not just strictly runners on base.
Speaker 13: Might be rockets reg Lair more nights than not.
Speaker 9: Rick, Oh, you're feeling your oaks? You ready for Thursday?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: I'm so ready bringing on Opening Day?
Speaker 7: Can't wait. Rick.
Speaker 5: We'll check back in with you and Tim for one more dress rehearsal. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV Thank you, most still to come here. On Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Before first pitch, we get you a preview this pitching matchup, Rickle We back with Tim Nevertt. We'll get you the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Ron Rennicky leaning up to Dodgers and Angels first pitch at five to ten. I'm Tim Keats is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's Dodgers and Angels show. Hey O Tany Jack Juanowitz.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup, final game of this three game exhibition Freeways Series. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 2: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player, It's an engagement of endearment is high and tugged.
Speaker 5: It's the final game of the exhibition season for the Dodgers and a great baseball man back in the Dodger organization. Since he took over third base coaching during the twenty fifteen Sea has remained in the organization and is a very important voice for Andrew Friedman. That is the one and only Ron Rennicky who just slap high fives with the World Series MVP and opening day starter Yoshi Yamamoto.
Speaker 13: Ron, thanks a lot.
Speaker 7: For the time.
Speaker 13: Oh sure, anytime you've seen a lot of baseball, Ron. We were just talking about this.
Speaker 5: Have you ever seen a picture do what Yamamoto did in last year's postseason?
Speaker 13: No, we were just.
Speaker 12: Talking watching Nuoki out there trying to throw the dark psych Yamamoto was doing last year, and I you know, for a guy physically to do that and then bounce back the next year and hopefully he stays healthy all year this year, but pretty incredible. So so whatever he's doing physically in his workouts, which is pretty fun to watch him do all that is amazing and really keeping a body that's not this huge guy in a place where physically nobody else can do.
Speaker 5: I guess we also forget the fact that during that eighteen inning game of Game three, he was warming up in the bullpen. I feel like we forget that part of the equation as well.
Speaker 12: Yeah, pretty amazing, obviously great year, but just physically to be able to do that, And you know, I think everybody's trying to figure out how do we keep players healthy? And when you see something like that, that's when you get Mookie out there throwing the dark side. He was so but it's a big problem I think now in the major leagues is keeping people healthy. We know if we do it, we've got a great team, and other teams feel the same way.
Speaker 5: When you talk about that and Yamamoto and how it relates to staying healthy, it seems like the Japanese pitchers still believe in what major league pitchers used to believe thirty years ago.
Speaker 13: The more you throw, the more you're going.
Speaker 5: To be prepared to endure one hundred and sixty two game season thirty starts.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Yeah, it's hard to say which one is the right way to go. But whatever we're doing now, it doesn't seem to be working real well, and everybody realizes it's because guys are throwing harder, they're spinning the ball harder. There's way more effort into it. But how do we physically train them to be able to do that and still hold up through a really long season? And it's difficult. So I think anytime you see something that works, let's try it and see and see how it goes. If it works, great, and I don't think there's any harm in doing it.
Speaker 5: Ron Rennicky as our guest. He was part of the Dodgers that took down the Big Red Machine in the early eighties after their dominance in the seventies. You've seen the A's of the mid seventies win three in a row. You saw the Yankees twenty six years ago win three in a row. What is it about this Dodger team that has them believing that they can do that as well?
Speaker 12: Well? Certainly it starts with the talent of the players. I mean you look at the lineup. I was looking at it two nights ago and I was like, I don't want to pitch to that lineup. And you look at our starting staff, you look at the bullpen. So physically we have the tools to be able to do that, and then the mental part of it, which you know, I get to see because I'm here with him and get to see what happens underneath. Is a special group of guys. It's a group of guys that understand how to win, how to prepare to win, and that comes in all different phases. I talk about Mooki and how he prepares well. Other guys can't physically do what he does, so other guys prepare in a different way, And it's just trying to figure out in each individual what you need to give this guy to be ready to play a game and to play for one sixty.
Speaker 5: Two there he is a member of the book club. I got to get some books from Ron Renicky. Yes, Ron Renicky has been our guest, Tim. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot, DV.
Speaker 3: Great to hear Ron Renicky's voice, one of the good guys in baseball. We have to first pitch Dodgers and Angels. It's the final game with the Freeway Series starts for real on Thursday. Show Hey O tany on the man will dive deep into the pitching matchup next. I'm Tim Kases, the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Angels. The Freeway Series final matchup between these two teams will see each other in the regular season, of course, but exhibition style final matchup between the two.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at five to ten.
Speaker 2: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinet, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 3: Matchup presented by your Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 4: We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Jack Howanowitz on the mound for the Angels actually been really good for them since he made his major league debut in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Last year, he was solid.
Speaker 3: The twenty five year old right hender six foot seven, two hundred and thirty pounds, a third round pick of the Angels at a high school in Pennsylvania back in twenty nineteen, made his major league debut hes mentioned in twenty four last year, really burst onto the scene. He was top five amongst a major American league pitchers with the fastball over ninety three miles an hour constantly. He earned the win in his only career regular season start against the Dodgers that was May sixteenth.
Speaker 4: Last year.
Speaker 3: He went six and two third innings, allowed one ear and run, five hits, struck out five. He also faced the Dodgers in spring training last year in the Freeway Series.
Speaker 4: He was really good there.
Speaker 3: Seven innings, two runs, two hits, three strikeouts. So he's faced the Dodgers a couple of times and been pretty good no matter who's in the lineup. Last year, he ranked fourth in the American League with fifty two percent ground ball rate. A fifty four percent ground ball rate is really good amongst top three and all of baseball as well, not just the American League. He's going up against show Hey Otani, so a really good pitching matchup here in the final game of the Freeway Series. Otani thirty one years old, year three going into now with the Dodgers. Remember he played in the WBC but did not pitch, was just the hitter for the team Japan. Made his second making the second spring training start tonight. You only got one outing. That was against the Giants last week at camel Back Ranch. Remember he went four to third scoreless innings while striking out four and walking to last season, Show Hey Otani didn't get a really go until midway through the year because of the slow start in fourteen starts, one in one with the two to eighty seven r ray, forty seven innings, pitch sixty two strikeouts only nine walks in the regular season. He also saw his first postseason pitching experience last year, going two to one with a four to forty three RORA in four starts in October. So show hey Otani and his final tune up here of the exhibition season, Dave Roberts saying earlier they expect him to get these five six innings somewhere around seventy five pitches for show hey Otani. Jakohonowitz again really good big right hander going for the Angels, and what will be the final game for both these two teams. Wrapping up the exhibition partion of the season. Dodgers a day off tomorrow and then will get it going for good five point thirty first pitch Dodger Stadium on Thursday, Dodgers your back to back champions against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Baseball season as a whole will actually start tomorrow night. One game, a solo game in San Francisco between the Giants and the New York Yankees. So the solo game on Wednesday night to start the season is in San Francisco tomorrow. The Dodgers will start the season on Thursday, but not before we get one more Freeway Series game tonight out at the Ravine Dodgers Angels. Show Hey o Tani on the mound. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game our next I'm Tim Kason. This is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and the Angels the Freeway Series from Dodgers Stadium and started on Sunday night at the Big A in Anaheim. Dodgers and Angels played to a tie last night, seven to seven. That was an interesting finish as the Dodgers young pups came back and made it a game in the seventh eighth and then could not score the ninth inning. Game ended in a tie. But show hey Otani on the mountain tonight. Jack o'hanowitz goes for the Angels as we get you ready for the start of the game with the supporo start. Yeah, love the Supporo Great moments start with Supporo beer. Whatever your taste reference Soporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers.
Speaker 4: Soaporo good with sushi, great with baseball.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers will have a day off tomorrow, then started a three game series against the Arizona Diamondbacks, a day off on Sunday, then three more against the Cleveland Guardians. That is the opening homestand for the Dodgers, who then hit the road, an East Coast trip to Washington d C in Toronto, then back home against the Texas Rangers in New York. Match the Dodgers and Angels, well, they'll see each other twice more this regular season. They'll go to Anaheim in the middle of May for a Friday Saturday Sunday series at the Big A, and then the Angels will come back to Dodgers Stadium and face the Dodgers the first weekend of June the fifth, sixth, and the seventh.
Speaker 4: The first things first, let's.
Speaker 3: Head back out to the booth before first pitch, final check you in with the guys on the call tonight.
Speaker 4: Tim Neffert and Rick.
Speaker 7: Munday, Tim, thanks again.
Speaker 1: We count you down to the first pitch here tonight at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and Angels final game with his three game Freeways series Show. Hey, Otani makes the start. He's also going to be the d H and lead off in the bottom of the first inning. Jack cohanowit's going for the Angels first for Show.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 1: He'll make just his second spring training start. But he had been throwing on the side, and he also threw a four inning simulated game against Team Japan, his teammates when they were in Miami. He is stretched out to about five innings seventy five pitches. He could go a little bit more tonight through sixty one in his first start against the Giants on the eighteenth of March, and boy did.
Speaker 7: He looked good.
Speaker 8: He looked good and tonight how far his stretches it out depends on how well he feels in this area. Make no mistake about it. We've been a good lineup for the Dodgers, maybe the opening day lineup on Thursday. But I'll say one thing about the lineup we see tonight. By the ninth inning when this game is over, probably majority of the lineup for the Dodgers starting. They could probably be in a restaurant having nice dinner because I think it's going to be two advanced in Fly out of Here tonight.
Speaker 7: One two barbecues. Absolutely, it's gonna be it. Okay.
Speaker 1: Jack co Honowitz a young right hander twenty five years of age. He is the guy that the Angels are looking toward. I mean he last year spent most of the season in Salt Lake. He did have twenty three appearances with the Angels. Last year I went three and eleven, and the Angels looking for him to improve. So Kohanawitz against Otani. That's the pitching matchup as we get ready for the final spring training exhibition game from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, first pitch right around the corner, Show hey o Tani on the mount and his final tune up.
Speaker 4: Then he'll be ready to go. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: He also hits for the Dodgers as well, batting lead off tonight. How long will we see the starters out there? Well, maybe a spin or two around the lineup, and then we'll see a bunch of young Dodgers out there trying to work their way to Dodger Stadium someday as the Dodgers wrap up the Freeway Series, wrap up the exhibition part of the season, and then they'll be ready to go to defend their back to back championship on Thursday against the Arizona Diamondbacks. First things first, let's wrap up this Freeway Series.
Speaker 4: First pitch is next.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Angels show, Hey Otani on the Mount.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Gase. This has been Morongo Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on deck on the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network